Speaker 1: It's the Best Bit of the week.
Speaker 2: With Morgan Part two. She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone.
Speaker 3: Show this week Happy weekend, everybody, welcome to the Best Bits. I'm so happy you're here. Make sure you check out Part one and Part three this weekend. I have lunchbox on with me as the Coach's convention is going on here in Nashville.
Speaker 1: If you're a sore loser.
Speaker 3: But he did stop by, you know, on a Saturday to help me do the Best Bits, so check both of those out. But the reason you're here on part two is to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show, so let's do it.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 3: The talk lately has been about TikTok shutting down and that date is fast approaching.
Speaker 1: Akaay.
Speaker 3: This weekend, well, Bobby shared his thoughts on the TikTok shutdown situation and what he thinks is going to happen.
Speaker 4: Number seven.
Speaker 1: I could ask a lot if TikTok is really going away, So this is what I think is going to happen. TikTok will never be gone, right, So they need to sell the company Byte Dance to someone that's not China American. The Supreme Court just said we're moving on with this. We're moving forward with TikTok shutting down. There's a specific day coming up, is the day before Trump is inaugurated.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: Trump is said he thinks TikTok should stay. He's even asked the Supreme Court, hey, let's extend this thing, and they haven't yet.
Speaker 4: And what they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: By the way, TikTok will not just poof be gone from your phone. It will stay on your phone, it will not be available in the app store, and it will not update. So eventually, if it goes as it looks like it's going right now, it will die a slow death. It's too big to fail. Now. By Dance isn't owned by the Chinese government, but everything is run by the Chinese government in China.
Speaker 5: What are you saying, byte Edance, that's the.
Speaker 1: Company that owns TikTok. In China, every company is run run They don't have people in it, but they are in service to the Chinese government. And so one of the big concerns with because there are a lot of apps and websites China won't let people go to in China because of America similar reasons. Propaganda et cetera. And it's not like we're watching TikTok and we're getting Chinese flags and we're like, you know what, today I feel like rooting for China, Like that really isn't it. But they can create division based on what you love, what you're passionate about, especially in political times, your echo chamber. They can create divisions so bad that what happens is there's anger within the culture. So again people think, who cares if China's watching me. I'm never going to go be it, mister Chinese man. You I'm not going to root for them in the Olympics. I'm never gonna But it's not that it's they're trying to divide us. They have full capability to do whatever they want, to feed us whatever they want, whenever they want. That's really the issue. And by Dance has even said we won't will not sell it and lose money before we give away our algorithm because it's that valuable. Now do I think that TikTok will go away? I do not. There will be some resolution met here. Do people like Zuckerberg do people like that? Don't they want TikTok to go away because that's competition so they are getting information from us obviously, as far as like tendencies, what we like do they probably can hack in and get our passwords to stuff. Right, it's in our phone. We really don't know what they're doing. And America doesn't like it that our adversary has access to that. Whether they've used it or not, they don't like it. I watched a whole special last week where a government official comes on sixty minutes and goes, oh, the Chinese have malware and all of our stuff. It's just when they plan to use it. They have malware in our water, they have malware in our grid, power plants, yeah power, and if they decide to use it, then they can with a single push boom, it can go down cos mahon. Now, if they did that to us, what are we going to do back?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: But again, this infiltrated them something, and for sure we have okay, for sure, we have watch enough spy shows for sure.
Speaker 5: I'm from TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that they just make that crap up obviously. So it is only a few days until TikTok could be banned, but it will not be gone from your phone, So you're not just gonna It's not going to be a gravestones as r I p in your TikTok part. Are you want any of the other things like I will not download the Chinese like red Note. Nope, women, you know red Notes really called well, I don't want to say what I think it's called what it was a Chinese word. Yeah, I can't say it, and if I say it, it's going to sound like I'm I just don't know Chinese. But it's a very Chinese word that now all of a sudden, it's called it red.
Speaker 5: Note, and Red Note is a Chinese company.
Speaker 1: It's called it's called Super Eagle. Like they're really trying to sucker us in like that. It's like x io p o, it's like a x i a in g s h u. Yeah, zion hung chew you you might have nailed it, it's not I didn't aka red Note. So people are running over to it because they don't want to lose the ability to be on a Chinese is that you can create on a lot of stuff.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: So it's called this is how you say it for real shao honshue. But I don't know the x that that language, So I do not think TikTok will go away. I do think it will be sold at some point. I do think that when Trump gets an office, there will be some levers pulled to make sure that it stays alive. That's that's that's my thought. I was surprised the Supreme Court said continue on with shutting it down. Though five to four it's a close decision. Now I'm like thinking, like they bipartisan, though it's bypartisan because obviously there is the there was some liberal and some conservative judges on the same side.
Speaker 5: Man, if it goes away, I'm gonna just have a lot of spare time on my hands.
Speaker 1: We'll find something else. Go over to Shawshong Shaw Honkshoe, Red.
Speaker 4: Sparkling Eagle.
Speaker 1: They just they call it the most hot Dog Sunday like that, it's the most American things ever when it's really run by the Chinese. So but it's like it's like not cutting time though, like they got to make some decisions. But it won't go away at first anyway.
Speaker 8: Oh man, these influencers are in trouble.
Speaker 1: You're already seeing a lot of them going follow me on Instagram. It's not going away. So they're really not in that much trouble, but you're already seeing a lot of them. Go okay, go follow my YouTube, follow me on Instagram. What's funny is there are Chinese people that get on, or even Chinese Americans that get on, and they they're like, hey, guys, just so you know, I've been your Chinese spie the whole time, watching everything you do. I'm gonna miss you. Hilarious, that is funny. Huh have you seen those No?
Speaker 5: But but do we know they're joking?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think they're joking. They're like, I am your specific Chinese spie. It's been watching over you, and you know what, You've really been watching some good stuff. I'm going to miss you.
Speaker 7: Some creators are like, I don't really care. I want to if I'm gonna get spied on or if my stuff is going to get compromised, I want that to be up to me, not the government or whatever. But to what you were sharing a minute ago, Bobby, is it's like, it's not about them getting information about you personally. It's about them indoctrinating us and without us even knowing it.
Speaker 1: It's like a slow drip the ability to shift our culture and divide our culture in a way that we may not even notice. They have complete control of that.
Speaker 5: I will say I feel dumber after watching a lot of TikTok.
Speaker 1: Like that's their goal.
Speaker 5: Me and my son will start laughing and my wife will be like, what are you guy? It's like, oh my god, you two are the same. And he's sixteen, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I was going through mine and I mentioned this on the show and it was giving me all the math stuff and all this like hardcore. Every video was math and stein and yeah, I was gonna get to that joke. But yeah, Joe just cut me out. It's a joke. Well no, I don't know you were going to a joke. Yeah, well no, I was like telling a story. He cut the end of my story out. It was on the stem.
Speaker 5: It was a joke.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, you're we've been doing this for twenty years. Do you think at some point I did it? Sorry, it wasn't a joke. It was like a comedic story that I was going to share a little anecdote about me freaking out on TikTok, thinking my TikTok was ruined because it was all installations and algebra, and I yelled at Kaitlin.
Speaker 4: My TikTok's broken. I'm on some bad out.
Speaker 1: And it was STEM, which is the version that they their kids get. But no, don't do that. It wasn't even a joke. It was just a funny story.
Speaker 4: Do you know what STEM means?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Science, acknology, engineering, mathematics.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so you really go on some STEM.
Speaker 1: Dude, I thought my I was broken. I was sad. I was like, Kaylen, my algorithm is broken.
Speaker 7: Okay, but but yes, that's the thing that sometimes we don't think about, is they give us all this stuff that's just like doesn't teach us anything, and then their kids over there there's such strict rules about what is what content they're shown.
Speaker 1: They can also elevate disinformation education, which has been oh yeah like UFOs. No, not UFOs, like disinformation, oh my god, and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Amy had a list of the most attractive and least attractive hobbies that men can have, and the guys also admitted what they think.
Speaker 1: Is their most attractive hobby.
Speaker 3: But there was a guy on the show who was like, actually, I don't think I have a single one.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 7: I came across a list of the most attractive male hobbies according to women.
Speaker 1: Let's go right, because I got a few. I gotta feel like. Here's a couple I make the list. I play Madden on PlayStation. Not in the top five. Don't spoil it for me yet, don't want to like hear the count down. Oh. I collect sports memorabilia and some sports cards.
Speaker 4: Okay, and watch football.
Speaker 1: I exercise watch football.
Speaker 4: I hate exercises though.
Speaker 1: Okay, those are mine. Let's see where they fall in the list. You go ahead.
Speaker 7: Number one, The number one most attractive male hobby is reading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put myself in that somewhat. I really have seasons of reading, like I looked. I think I read ten or eleven full books last year, but only did like a four month span because I took like a month and read.
Speaker 4: Then I didn't read anything for a while.
Speaker 1: Hot four months. Good point, Good point. I had to beat her off with a stick. Yeah, okay, go ahead. And at number two, speaking a foreign language.
Speaker 9: We.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know French?
Speaker 1: You know Spanish?
Speaker 5: Yeah enough.
Speaker 1: All my friends were Mexican or or tech South Texan when I lived in Texas, and they all spoke Spanish. I couldn't speak it back, but I had to learn enough of it because I knew when they were talking crap or they were like trying to cheat me at something. But French is what you took in school. Yeah, I know. Probably I knew Mexican or South Texan more than I know, okay, because it's Spanish is different all over the all over the world, so there's a difference Mexican and South Texan. You guys do it's like text mechs all right, like I know, and then you hill English in there. Yeah, go ahead. In a number three, playing an instrument, My.
Speaker 4: Wife does not think me playing guitar is that attractive?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: You play around the house a lot never, but.
Speaker 1: Are mostly I think not not mostly. I'll be playing if I'm writing a song at homes. To them, I'm like ween or ween or it's always something stupid. So I don't think she finds out to be that attracted. You go ahead and at number four is cooking. Yeah, I can see why one would like that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't do that.
Speaker 7: That's a male hobby that women find hot. And the final one rounding out the top five is woodworking.
Speaker 4: Do they find that hot?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, Jesus, you win. Everybody else. Maybe it's my college boyfriend whittled Wood whittled I don't think a whittler's really turning the ladies on.
Speaker 7: Think some wood making machine thing like, I don't know. I think it's just power tools in general.
Speaker 1: Like fixing stuff. Sure, yeah, because I'm dead either.
Speaker 5: You were seeing dude doing a jackhammer.
Speaker 1: I did a jackcammer. They're hard.
Speaker 8: That's a pretty interesting weird man.
Speaker 1: And there are different weights, Like a regular jackcammer's very heavy, but there are something that are massively heavy. I didn't breaking bobby bones. We had to build something with jackhammers. You gotta be jacked for a jack that's like called jack cammer, got to be jacked. Do you have the least attractive hobbies? Yeah, of course, all right, boys, brace yourselves.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Comic books. I do not do that.
Speaker 5: Mike might be this, I'm good with it.
Speaker 1: Next, costplay, Yeah, I don't only act as a character. Costplays when you dress up as something like act and you be it. Next up, debating, We do it on the show every days. Debating On the list of unattractive hobbies, let's just not sexy, but also, whose hobby is debating? No, honey, it's Thursday night. I'm going to my normal debate competition. Not only did the thing a drinking?
Speaker 4: What that's unattractive?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: Just probably if you make it too much of a hobby, sure, yeah, too much of a hobby. If it's more of a lifestyle, that probably Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: And then m TG. That's the fifth thing, that abstractive male hobby. How did you know what it was?
Speaker 1: I had to google it. I know that one of your I'm always I'm super nerd adjacent, like a lot of my stuff is close to other nerdy stuff. Yeah, so I kind of have that is.
Speaker 7: It's called Magic the Gathering. It's an online card game of sorts.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to be online.
Speaker 1: They can be regular cards. Let me go to another nerd here, Mike, it can be just cards. Yeah, Like post Malone is huge into it.
Speaker 4: He bought one card.
Speaker 1: It's worth a million dollars. He's he's not nerdy post Malone, Oh yeah, very much. Way yeah, way into it. But also he does other cool things like play an instrument.
Speaker 5: I'm sure I haven't seen woodwork, though woodland would work, you know, would work there?
Speaker 1: Uh, Okay, hottest hobby that you have around the around the room for the guys, if you had to pick your hottest hobby where your wife's like, well, she didn't have to be like turned on but not turned off the least. I don't know that any of us have a hobby. War wives like eddiego cooking. Yeah, you do cook that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Like the other day, I was chopping broccoli and I guess, like I didn't have a shirt on, and I was like, just.
Speaker 1: Shirt, thing is not going to turn around. But the chopping broccoli she.
Speaker 5: Did come up and she's like, oh my gosh, she looks so good doing that.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: She just like to.
Speaker 7: Chopping broccoli more than like your biceps every time you chop.
Speaker 5: I guess, so you actually grab my arms and she was like, gosh, looks sexy.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox my rex soccer.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you what she likes me in my soccer outfit, like my shorts in my uniform.
Speaker 4: And cost play.
Speaker 8: He does do, but it's not costplay. Yeah, she just says cost mls. She likes the way I look in my soccer short. She just says, man, that looks good.
Speaker 1: I don't know what my wife would think as far as Amy, you know my wife. What do you think I do that she would find least disgusting?
Speaker 5: I know, think about it, Amy, I don't.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of hobbies. I don't have a lot of hobbies. I turn every hobby. I happen to some work and she's like, why do you take everything you like and turn? Because I love doing it?
Speaker 5: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Pickleball when it gets real competitive. Well, and we played a little bit. She's pretty good. Yeah, but I don't think she sees it and goes, why should live? Maybe look at that guy with his pickle. Maybe you should just keep reading.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, read more.
Speaker 1: I think that just keeps me busy though with her. All right, thank you all work on this.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: You may recall the week prior that there was a story about Eddie and his wife and how she drove herself to the hospital when she was about to give birth. Well, Lunchbox has another bad story about Eddie.
Speaker 1: We were supposed to do.
Speaker 3: A bad story, good story. Well two bad stories apparently for Eddie. So all the skeletons are coming out for some reason.
Speaker 4: Number five.
Speaker 1: On the show last week, we debuted bad story, good story about Eddie, and the story was the bad one was Eddie made his wife drive when she was in labor, and he wrote in the passenger seat because.
Speaker 5: It was the fourth time that we'd gone to the hospital.
Speaker 1: And then he made her stop to get him an egg McMuffin, and as she was in labor while she was driving, we hadn't eaten breakfast. Okay, but so that was a story we meant to get to a good story. Okay, we didn't. We're still not yet.
Speaker 5: So I think you did that on purpose.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna do bad story. If we have time, good story.
Speaker 5: We'll have time. Let's get on with a bad story.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox has a bad Eddie story he wants to share. And it took that segment for you to remember this.
Speaker 6: It did.
Speaker 8: It jogged my memory about when my wife was giving birth to our second child. We're at the hospital and Eddie and Ray were nice enough to bring us some lunch and we eat the chick bile and he goes in and we're walking back into the room and this lady goes, oh, my goodness, the baby's goat coming. The baby's coming, it's time to push. And Eddie looks at this lady and goes, where's the doctor? She goes, I am the doctor.
Speaker 4: So what are you saying that he's sexy?
Speaker 8: He had no idea that a woman could be a doctor.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't she be the doctor?
Speaker 5: I what dollar of jacket does a doctor wear?
Speaker 1: A man or woman?
Speaker 5: Usually doesn't matter a man or woman. What color of white jacket? It's a white one. She was wearing a blue one like all the other nurses. How was I supposed to know she was the doctor?
Speaker 8: I mean she was running around telling everybody to get in their position and get ready.
Speaker 4: And then and he goes, well, where's the doctor.
Speaker 5: I was in panic mode. You know, we're having a baby. Where's the doctor? She said, I am the doctor. I'm like, right, I'll get out of here.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one to hear.
Speaker 5: But you understand, though, me and Ray took them lunch because.
Speaker 1: They're a good story.
Speaker 4: Here's the good story.
Speaker 8: You go, and I mean just straighten her face goes, well, where's the doctor?
Speaker 5: No boy?
Speaker 7: And then so did you say, oh, sorry, normally doctors wear white?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't say all that. I said, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: He did the room. Sorry, Oh yeah, of course, and I left. Did you know, and this is something maybe you don't know. Apologies if you did. Did you know that woman can be doctors?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I knew that she was not wearing doctor attired making sure, making sure.
Speaker 1: And that's another edition of bad story gets Oh my goodness, your gifts story kind of sucked because it was heavily overshadowed.
Speaker 5: Was that the good story?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For his you brought among the good one from the other day. Looks like we're at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the guys, Bobby, Eddie and Lunchbox all had nine one one type situations.
Speaker 1: Where they either needed to call nine one one or.
Speaker 3: They thought this is a nine one one situation where most people would call.
Speaker 4: So listen for yourself.
Speaker 3: Decided what you might.
Speaker 1: Do in these scenarios. Number four, Lunchbox loved to call nine one one. So what happened this time? Did you actually call nine one?
Speaker 8: I will give you the verdict after I get your opinion. I want to know if it's nine one one worthy, go ahead, So it was. It was Saturday, The snow is on the ground, and all the kids are playing in the front yard. Neighbor kids are over there. There's probably like ten kids running around out playing in the snow, and this white truck with a tan camper drives by and they have like a professional grade camera sticking out the passenger side and they're just snapping photos of the kids in the snow. And it was two dudes in the truck snapping pictures of kids in the snow.
Speaker 4: Can you describe the truck again.
Speaker 8: It's a white, kind of beat up work truck with a tan camper shell over the back. Didn't even match the truck like white on white. It was tan on white.
Speaker 9: And this I.
Speaker 8: Mean it was like you know those ones on the sidelines of NFL games with the long lenses. So did they stop, No, they were just going about three miles an hour, just slowly taking pictures of the kids in the snow.
Speaker 1: Was it only your kids or did they just continue to take pictures? They drove down the road, they hit the stop sign a couple houses down and took a left. So I don't know, that is weird.
Speaker 5: That is weird.
Speaker 8: So is that nine on one worthy.
Speaker 1: Did they come back again? No, I would say it is not nine one one worthy because they were not doing anything illegal. But what it is it's worthy of paying attention to see if they come back again, yes, or worthy of a can you run their license plate?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't think you got it. Oh, and I think it's funny. He was like, not white on white beat up, white on tan beat up, because that's a whole difference, that's a whole diment. Creepy.
Speaker 8: It is creepy when the camper doesn't match the truck.
Speaker 1: No one is wait creepy Why I don't understand. We had a lot of campers didn't match the truck regardless. I'm not going to go down that, but I think it can be weird, and I think if it was weird again, then you probably called. But they're not doing anything illegal because you can be on the road and take pictures of things. Yeah, so I'm gonna go no on nine one one, Amy, Yeah, no one, nine one one. We all think it's weird, definitely weird, creepy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's alarming concerning it paying attention.
Speaker 1: The kids were just doing normal kid things, So there's illegal about taking pictures of kids in the front yard.
Speaker 7: Play like, if they started to lure the kids, then well, at the camper was white on white, it they'd have been a.
Speaker 1: Non issue. If it's white on white.
Speaker 5: Eddie, No, I mean I wouldn't call that on one, but definitely creepy and keep an eye out.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 8: I grabbed the phone. I said, license plate K six seven. Who got the other digits? Who got the other digits? My wife's like why, And I was like, I'm calling the cops, and she goes, why are you going to call the cops. There's no need to call the cops. They just took pictures. The kids weren't doing anything, So I didn't call the cops, but you were going to.
Speaker 4: I had K six seven.
Speaker 1: That's when you're looking out for a K six seven, white beat up truck, different color cash yeah, tan top.
Speaker 8: With a big, nice camera sticking out the passenger window. Two dudes taking pictures.
Speaker 1: Weird. We're not saying it's not weird, but because it's weird doesn't mean it's illegal. Eddie almost had to call the cops. Oh gosh, so what what did Juicy?
Speaker 5: It's just weird that he's telling this story. I had the same kind of story, but this was a few weeks ago and it's just been weighing on me. So I was going to the grocery store, like at ten thirty eleven o'clock at night, and I drove past one of those car washes where you just kind of drive through and you do your.
Speaker 4: Own car wash, yes, self served car wash.
Speaker 5: And I saw two guys in a hoodie at eleven PM at night washing their car. Oh okay, and I'm like, whatever is happening there?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Because evidence correct or they're just washing their car at eleven o'clock and they just drove through some dirt or mud and they have a nice car. Yeah this night. Okay, let me ask you this and you be honest. Yes, what race were they?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: I can't tell that hoodies on. Okay, couldn't tell because.
Speaker 1: If you'd have said your own race, you don't know that show I hate my race. But what else? That's it?
Speaker 5: Well, that's it? Oh oh wait, And I didn't do anything, And I'm thinking like that was like.
Speaker 1: And then I to have a campershell and it was dif color.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, now that I think about it yet, No, they did not. They did not.
Speaker 4: That's a dumb that's even dumber the one you were talking about it.
Speaker 7: I thought he was going to say he saw like crimson colored water streaming dome like coming out.
Speaker 1: Of the car.
Speaker 5: I wasn't that close.
Speaker 1: Maybe if I got closer, I would like trying to get out the backseat, like you saw nothing except two people.
Speaker 4: It's cold outside.
Speaker 5: No reason to be washing your car at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 7: There is you're going to call the police to say that someone was washing.
Speaker 5: Their car in case there is, like, you know what we've been looking for this car. These are the murder.
Speaker 8: Eleven o'clock washers. Oh no, you're like, what if they don't know the crime happened? And they but they did nothing but the hood on because it's cold eleven o'clock at night is raising eyebrows, and so they just came from the whatever crime scene.
Speaker 4: Do you have a job or you don't get off work until ten pm?
Speaker 5: What if? What that's a great one.
Speaker 4: They all day to wash your car during the day.
Speaker 1: What a deer and they needed to just a deer?
Speaker 5: A deer. I heard that story.
Speaker 1: That is done. I have to say I did call nine on one recently, you didn't talking about.
Speaker 4: The the drone.
Speaker 1: No, no, not golf of drones. I'm gonna take care of that myself. I'ma do a little vigilanti on that draft.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: I've waited for a while because I don't just because I don't want to baby like, no, it's been a while, you now, I've been holding all this well. I was eleven thirty a car wash and they had a camper show. There's a power line, we heard pah, and I was like what and our power went off and I look over and there's like a fire right on the fence of our our house, like on the side between our neighbors. It's like a so a power line had hit, had busted hit and was still live.
Speaker 5: That's scary.
Speaker 4: And so I called nine one and I.
Speaker 1: Felt I was doing nothing wrong. They said somebody immediately blocked the road with a fire truck, and like I was over there like trying to help them, like you, and they're like, we got this man. You'd like stay in your house, like went good, And I'm like, well, if you need anything else, I'm inside. So there's no real story like debating, but I never called nine on one, and even in that instance, I was scared that they were gonna arrest me.
Speaker 4: Oh really yeah? Did they feel good?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I hate it.
Speaker 1: I'm like nine, two more numbers than one. If I pushed this number, I'm emitted one. And then I was like powerline busted fellats in our yard and they came shut it, shut the whole thing down, sent the people out, redid it all like two hours?
Speaker 4: It was up and running.
Speaker 5: What bus of the line do you know?
Speaker 1: Nothing? You didn't follow up with anyone didn't care. They were too busy chasing a guy, uh, two guys in a hoodie. They watched the parking.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Dan chased out by the studio to talk about their song Baker Houses. Not only that, we also talked coffee, sour Dough and the hit songs of theirs that they kind of disagreed on when they were thinking what should go to country radio.
Speaker 4: It's funny stories in there.
Speaker 3: Oh and Shay he performed some public domain songs that you will actually get to hear. So get excited because a performance is on the podcast.
Speaker 6: Number three on The Bobby Bones Show, now.
Speaker 1: Dan and Shae guys walked in with their Starbucks Lea, Shaye, did Shaye?
Speaker 4: What's your Starbucks drink?
Speaker 6: That's just black coffee? No way, hey, cowboy coffee. I'm not, you know, trying to be too manly to be like, you know, I don't enjoy a latte. I mean it tastes really good, but I've been eating no sugar for like the last thirty days.
Speaker 1: So I'm on that black the cowboy coffee game. I'm gonna say that, and really for me, it's just a cup of whipped cream, and I'll be like, no black coffee, that's it?
Speaker 4: Is that your vibe?
Speaker 1: So my actual vibe because I have a drink over here as well as I drink like a tea at Chai Tea.
Speaker 4: But I don't. I hate coffee.
Speaker 1: But I always say to my wife, let me get my coffee, and she's like, it's not coffee, don't be annoying. But I always say, it's a coffee. What is yours?
Speaker 12: Dan?
Speaker 4: I feel like that's the American version of what that is.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 12: It's like, let's let's meet up for coffee, even if you're just having anto toast, you know what I'm saying, like, when you're in Europe, I'm a cotto toast is a jam. Wow, I'm a black coffee guy.
Speaker 4: You're a black coffee too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm like religious about the pour over and the whole deal, and it's.
Speaker 1: A whole long does it take you to make your morning coffee?
Speaker 4: This is bad amy.
Speaker 12: I actually calculated this because I make one for myself and I make one for Abby, and it's probably like thirty to forty minutes all all in because it's a slow drip. You know, I got to clean out the V sixty thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah a year.
Speaker 12: It's several weeks of my time, which is probably not a great situation, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You calculate it per day theraceutic.
Speaker 1: I'm sure who knew there.
Speaker 4: Were something metal?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: They both come in they're singing.
Speaker 4: Big houses like black coffee.
Speaker 1: We like a black coffee in a fist fight every morning.
Speaker 4: My turtleneck here. Bobby. By the way, your coffee is way different than mine.
Speaker 6: Like I had one of Dan's coffee is one time, and it's legitimately the strongest coffee I've ever had.
Speaker 12: Mo I was up for like three weeks. I mean this strong I'm aniacal about it though. It's like you get twenty grams of coffee sixteen to one ratio water to coffee beings. You're rolling, you know what I mean, and you measure it, Yeah, measured.
Speaker 4: Here's well.
Speaker 12: My scale though, is running out of batteries quicker than it used to because Abby has gotten into sour dough.
Speaker 1: Oh, my wife to the same thing. So did she make the thing? Does she create the living organism?
Speaker 4: She probably got it from store.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's called mother, I think yes, No, Yeah, I'm honestly, I'm sure Be dropped it off for Caitlin or vice versa. I'm not sure where where it came from, but it's apparently been living for like twenty five years.
Speaker 1: That's that's where it's wild. The starter, Kaitlin, God, the first one was like eighty years old. It's like, Amy, you have to learn something to this because we don't talking about No. Well, that's how it can be really old, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah. A lot of friends started like you need your starter, and yes, you'll either get it from a friend or you can order it.
Speaker 1: Eighty years old.
Speaker 7: It's multiplies. So yes, that particular starter. If you go back to the origin or the root of it is from when it.
Speaker 4: Was for sourdo bread. First, Are you on the sourdough train?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I want to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tickets are free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agree, I know, but I just have to kind of like make the move.
Speaker 6: I thought my friend was messing with me when they told me like that his wife had gotten into making sourdough and that they had had something from their grandparents and it was like ninety years old, and I was like, I can't be ninety years old.
Speaker 4: But now, you know, you learn something.
Speaker 1: New every day that's terrified by year old. On eBay you can buy one hundred year old starter for like twelve bucks. But is it authentic?
Speaker 10: Kids?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's no way to prove it.
Speaker 6: It's like someone says a ran in fact, like yeah, there's actually four billion different kinds of Beatles.
Speaker 4: I can't check that, Like how am I supposed to know? That's not like I feel like you're lying to me.
Speaker 12: I feel like it creates a lot of work though she's always doing something with you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. I love it. The discard you make, the crackers, it's a whole deal.
Speaker 1: In an hour doing coffee every morning. You're not gonna hate on how long it takes her. That's true.
Speaker 7: She's using the discard to make crackers or cookies or whatever. That's being resourceful hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dan and Cherry here they do music. Everybody they call the music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not.
Speaker 1: While we're here today, I would like to talk to you about Sourdough. So first, let's we're gonna play Bigger Houses about to be number one? Congratulations again, Next one up. It almost feels like the Alabama football program. Next one up, next one up, now the five star which program you know, historical or Georgia or whomever. Give me the story of bigger Houses, like, tell me something the personal about it, and then we'll play and come back.
Speaker 4: Well pre Sourdough obsession. I love my wife.
Speaker 12: I love you Abby. She's probably listening right now. The sour doesn't ma by the way. Okay, so this song came about we had kind of finished up this album. You know, we were super proud of it. We were writ and we were trying to figure out what the title of the album was. Always say this. This is how Speechless came about. At the eleventh hour. You think you're done, you turn it in. It's like, well, we still don't have a title. So we kept, you know, we kept writing songs. We went in too write that day and our buddy Andy Albert. I got to give a shout out to Andy Albert. We've probably shouted him out on the show a million times. I moved to Nashville with Andy in twenty ten. We were struggling, camping out behind Little Caesars, eating the pizza out of the dumpstert even the thing sneaking into the Continental Breakfast at the Hampton in on the West End. Got all the stories. But he's just a great songwriter, a great friend who's in my wedding. And we were writing that day and he had just bought a new house. Right, He's had a little bit of success, had a few number ones on country radio, and we've been struggling at it for ten years. Right, And he was like, man, I got this idea. And when Andy says he has an idea, he's honestly, I think he's the best songwriter in this town. And everybody's going to realize that really, really soon. But when he has an idea, it's like you listen, you know, it's going to be good. He's like, I hope this isn't weird. But Abby was over the house. You know, him and his wife had just bought this new house.
Speaker 4: It just had a new kid.
Speaker 12: And he should have been so proud of this house. It's amazing, Like he freaking paid for a house from writing country music songs like what we dreamed about since we moved to this town. And you know, you know how it is when somebody comes over your house, you make an apologies. Oh we're gonna wallpaper this bathroom, or we're gonna rip this tile out, or you know, we're gonna change the sink. And Abby stopped them and was like, guys, like, you don't need to apologize for any of this stuff. This is amazing. You should be so proud of this house. You guys have worked so hard to get to this point in your life.
Speaker 4: Just enjoy it.
Speaker 12: I know we all get caught up and going on redfin or Zillo and talking about bigger houses and what's next. And Andy stopped right there and he wrote bigger houses in his phone, and I got to get emotional talking about it. Man, it's a special song to us. And he came into that session that day, and he kind of had the whole thing done. He said, I got this line. Apologize if it's weird, but it came from Abby and he said, the thing about thing about happiness I've found is that don't live in bigger houses.
Speaker 4: Point song was done. That that hook right there says it. All.
Speaker 12: The rest was just paint by numbers, filling into blanks. And and that's such a special song to us. You know, it's an honestly an unconventional song to take the country radio. Thank you guys for playing it, thanks to all the stations that did. There's no drums in it. I don't know when the last time a song without drums got to this point on.
Speaker 1: I never noticed that the song of ton I never noticed there were no drums, which meant I never noticed it was lacking something.
Speaker 12: That's a good sign. And honestly, you you identified this song. I sent you the album early and this was one of your favorites. You hit me back on this Save Me the Trouble, and there was maybe one other one, but this is one of your favorites.
Speaker 4: I have the text to prove it.
Speaker 12: So there are a couple I hated, same with everybody else, but no, honestly, it's like, for a song like this that means so much to us, that has meant a lot to our fans, to get to this point on the chart, to have an opportunity to go number one, is a testament to just the power of a great song. And that's it reminds us why we got into this business, why we write country music, why we love country music, and and honestly, I remember the day we decided to make it a single. We were sitting in la we were filming the Voice, and we were talking about, you know, after saving me the trouble, when number one, what's gonna be the next single?
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 12: Do we go up tempo to we it's summertime, and somebody like called into a radio station. There was a video of it and it was a lady just talking. She was like almost in tears, talking, you know, about her grandson and he heard that song and you know, it was just this emotional story and I was like, man, it's crazy how much people are connecting with this song. It was like, it would be crazy if that could be a single, And she's like, why can't it be a single?
Speaker 4: And we were hanging we maybe.
Speaker 12: Had a few drinks, so something up on that patio and I think I've filmed you saying it just like this song, like let's take a chance on it, you know what I mean? At this point in our career, got another to lose, Like, let's go with a song that means a lot to us. If it's meaning a lot to our fans, when the power of country radio gets behind it, it's gonna be a whole different thing.
Speaker 4: And man, to.
Speaker 12: See it at this point on the chart means a lot to us, to our families, to Andy, to our relationship, to our friendship, and I don't know, man, just a special song that'll, you know, always hold a special place in our hearts.
Speaker 1: You guys have been doing it for a long time, even though you're still very young. How do you not do the same thing again when you've had success doing it already? Because I feel like the easy thing would be, let's just do what we did last time. It was awesome like that, because again, you could keep doing the exact same thing over and over and over and have massive success until you don't. But you guys haven't done that, Like, how do you how do you avoid that?
Speaker 6: I think a lot of times a solo act, it's harder for you to you know, to veer off and maybe try something new. Not to say that that's true for all solo acts, but I feel like for Dan and I it's it's a lot easier for us to really collaborate, you know, in those moments where we're writing the album and things, we're able to push each other to try and you know, kind of different, not definitely, you know, we want to do the same kind of music. We will always want to be Dan and Shay. You can't go off and just you know, abandon what got you there in the first place. But I think that, you know, just like going with bigger houses as a single, you know, one of us can be like, hey, why not, let's just do this, Let's do what we want to do and make sure that we're making the art that we want to make. And I don't know, it just it's kind of been that way through our career of just pushing each other of hey, let's just do what we want to do.
Speaker 4: You know what we know our fans are going to love.
Speaker 6: And obviously throughout the years, I think that you learn things, you know, you try things that you you know, you push the boundaries a little bit. Sometimes it's like, all right, let's reel it back, you know, he we don't go that way, Let's go in this direction. Let's go in this direction. And I think that you know, once you have your identity, we know who you know we are, and we know who Dan and Shay that you know the brand that we've built. And I think it's important to push the boundaries while also still you know, not abandoning what got you there in the first place, which is you know, that first album for us, there was a lot of our you know, super fans that were still you know, some of their favorite songs are on that very first album and you know, appropriately you know where it all began for us. And I don't know, I think it's it's important to push those those boundaries, but also not abandoned you know, what got you there to begin with. And that can be a tightrope that is hard to walk, but it's a lot easier when there's two of us to be like, hey, let's let's push this or let's kind of roll this back. And I don't know, that's that's part of the fun, is kind of pushing the boundaries a little bit. You know, I think it's uh, we're able to do that and have the confidence to do that. Since there's two of us kind of being our own cheerleaders.
Speaker 1: Let's play this game. What's something that maybe you were like, I don't know, but the other one and I would like an answer from both of you. The other one was like, I believe in it, and you're like, all right, fine, I don't know that I do, but let's go in it and being a success. So what did you go? Don't because you told the story of bigger houses where she was like, why can't it be? I'm not gonna let that be an answer. But one you're an advocate and the other one's not. And the one who was not was wrong because it was successful.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't say I wasn't an advocate, but I after Tequila, right, biggest song of our career, trying to figure out what we go with next, and we had a song on that record called Keeping Score that was streaming like crazy. Kelly Clarkson was on it, you know, one of the most famous, most incredible vocalists of all time. Like the biggest get we could get as a feature getting to hear her sing a duet with Shay was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: That was kind of my vote for the single.
Speaker 12: I was like it, could you know, go number one at country you cross over to hot a C do the thing like, you know, because Tequila was crossing over at that time. And Shae was like, you know, Speechless, I think is the one. Like, I think it's amazing. I love singing it. That was always this thing. If if he loves singing it, that's always a good sign. He loved singing. Tequila loved singing bigger houses, and he loved singing Speechless, and I love the song.
Speaker 4: I thought, you know it could be a hit.
Speaker 12: But I was like, ah, you know, we we got this Kelly Clarkson thing on here. How are we going to leave this on the table. There was this shows in Rapid City, Iowa or no, I think it was Rapid City, Iowa. It was during our album release week. It was a crazy show. Brett Eldridge was on the show. I was wearing a crazy pink and green floral shirt. I remember it like it was yesterday. We went on stage, the song had been out for like three days and we played Speechless and somebody was on the side of the stage filming with their phone and the crowd sang it like crazy when that chorus hit. I looked over at Shay, I was like, it's a single.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 12: But he was super passionate about that song, and he was right, good, that's a good story. Yeah, Like that's the kind of stuff we have him here for. That's a good one.
Speaker 6: All right, that's a good story. Share you do one, okay. Well, there's a song called Tequila though, Oh man, I don't know. I mean, there's like, how is Dan so right? And maybe you weren't, because again, keep was an awesome song. I loved it too, and that would have been a hit. But I think you made the right decision. Speechless is what you guys will be known.
Speaker 12: For all timer. I think it's in our top three in our catalog. It's it's a special song. It's it's it's not time stamped by a moment in time. That song could have came out in the seventies. That song could come out today and I feel like it would still sound fresh.
Speaker 1: So you you tell me when were you not right?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I've never been wrong. I mean it's crazy, all right, Yeah, you guys are coming up.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, uh, you know, there's been some situations like like Speechless was like, you know, I usually I try to sit back and you know, take the collective of the crew if we have such a you know, great team, and Dan and I are usually on the same page about everything.
Speaker 4: I mean, even you know, Speechless.
Speaker 6: He was not against the song ever, but there's been moments where I've been like, this has got to be the single, that we've got to do this. I felt that way about Tequila, as did Dan. But I felt that way about Tequila as well. And I remember there was a lot of people not to throw like our label and everybody under the bus.
Speaker 4: But it was like that with Tequila.
Speaker 6: You know, we had pushed a song called road Tripping that was that was definitely it was definitely hits.
Speaker 4: So don't look at.
Speaker 6: Showing that tattoo, but that it was like that Dan and I were very much. I was like, because Dan had written the song, and from the very first time I heard that demo, I was like, we're going in there and recording the song, which one is Tequila. And I remember being in London and our you know a lot of people you know, around around the label were like that we can't you know, we just you know, had this song. It wasn't necessarily a failure like our our fans loved road tripping, but it was like it was gonna take a long time to push the song to number one, and we were kind of getting into It was winter time, you know, and we had the Christmas break coming up, and I was just like we we've.
Speaker 1: Got to push this song, like this song is this?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 6: Like I felt as strongly about the Tequila as I did Speciless.
Speaker 1: Those songs were like again you this into how shell? You know of the segments called.
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 1: No, You're supposed to be wrong in your part. I'm trying to think of something that.
Speaker 7: Does make me curious why they didn't Why were they wrong? Like why why were they not on board? Well, but I wondered if they gave you that reason of like, yeah, because it's winter and like Tequila, I have no idea.
Speaker 12: Now, maybe it's too much inside baseball, but yeah, that factors into it.
Speaker 4: The seasonal thing. Is it winter?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 12: And at radio you always want to have tempo, Like tempo I feel like always gives you the best shot. But if you look at it historically, sometimes the ballads are the biggest risk, but they have the biggest reward, Like in our career from the ground up, Speechless Tequila, those are all, you know what people would say, ballads.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 12: We could come out with one hundred and twenty b pm song. There's going to be somebody out there still says the ballad. We can't get to it this week. You know, we've got too many ballads. I'm like, this song is punk rock song man?
Speaker 4: Will everybody's shay perfect?
Speaker 11: Listen?
Speaker 6: You should have ask Dan because I can't. I'm trying to think of I usually listen to Dan. Here's the reason I haven't been, you know, wrong with singles because I trust him implicitly, and you know, most of the singles it's we're like right there, and so I really should say Dan.
Speaker 4: And I have never been wrong. You know what I meant.
Speaker 1: When we do our podcast, we can't put any music in the podcast because now if you put something on demand in a podcast, it's illegal. It makes total sense. But we can't put even a clip of a song in a podcast now unless it is a public domain song. So public domain would be songs are like one hundred years old and without further ado, this is happy birthday. That's exactly it, right, So I have a few because we have a really large podcast audience, like millions and millions every episode. Thank you're lying, but thank you very much. Where I do I watch you in your window. So here's the thing, cook and sour dough. I will give you shay if I give you a public domain song for our podcast listeners. Radio is gonna hear this too, would you mind? I don't know if you're loose or not.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm a little thank you very much. I'll give a little something, would you How about a little hush little baby? Public domain can be saying for free? Yes, would you mind giving us fifteen twenty second hush baby? Oh he's standing, Bobby. I've been waving my whole life for this. I actually I was practicing this this morning.
Speaker 6: He's gonna perform it to me as well, which you know effect I'm trying to make sure I know the words of this.
Speaker 4: I might screw this up.
Speaker 13: I don't know, little baby, don't say your word. Daddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird. Don't see. That's all right because Danny, she is here to do it for.
Speaker 1: You, baby like that.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Hold on, guys, we gotta bingo b I n g O as done by Shaye Public Domain.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is b I ng o I ang.
Speaker 10: O b I in g O.
Speaker 1: Big else he's a name.
Speaker 10: Hame on.
Speaker 1: All right, I think that's you. That's your next single. So it is actually, you know, our last freebie, a song we can do for free. Mary had a Little Lamb, as done by Dana Shay.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, I feel like this is kind of the rendition of like Our Silent Night, you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Honestly though, Mary had a little lamb, Like it's not too far off from Dan and Shay's sound. You know, throwing back is like the Savage Guarden of country to the O G.
Speaker 11: I haven't said that in fifteen years. Give me a break, a break. That's pretty good, Savage guard and give me a break. Come on, all right, let's see here, Mary, he started too high? Are we never?
Speaker 6: Dang?
Speaker 4: This is harder than I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 10: Mary had two lamb.
Speaker 4: What's the rest of the world lamb? Mary had a little.
Speaker 1: That's I was doing the wrong I was doing the wrong melody. What were you doing?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Mary had a little lamb lit su.
Speaker 5: Lamb lit everybody?
Speaker 10: Mary had a little lamb.
Speaker 4: It's what code was?
Speaker 9: What? No?
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 10: Mary had a litsu lamn Bobby horrible little lamb. Mary had a litz lamb.
Speaker 4: Who's something.
Speaker 10: Snow?
Speaker 4: That's a podcast question. Thank you so much. I wonder what you were doing at first. I don't know, but it was it sounded familiar, didn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like I was like, is he didn't roll your boat? I didn't know what it was, but it was something you were in a pocket. I'll tell you this. It was another public domain so that it hasn't been written yet.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 6: I checked back in two hundreds think and you know, Dan, I've been having a discussion about this. For our next album. It's going to be all public domain songs, actually free.
Speaker 1: There's not enough of them Christmas and you guys are smart because you do originals, but also you can record the classics or free.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable. Yeah, it's great, and make the money.
Speaker 1: Are you doing? Twinkle drink a Little Star?
Speaker 4: That's what it was.
Speaker 5: Amy, Twinkle twin cool.
Speaker 4: Now we're singing little lamb Yeah, neon Star written by Ernest It's sick. How does twinkle to go though? Twinkled tweet?
Speaker 6: Let me let me sing it for you, Bobby Twinkle twinkle, little stock got it?
Speaker 10: How wonder watch on science?
Speaker 1: Is its Twinkle Trinkle a little star? Public domain?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 1: Sure is bang boom here they kicked the door in right now and arrest Dan and ship you must pay? What do you guys do?
Speaker 4: Are you go on the road? What's up we're doing? You're doing shows this year? What's what's it? We're in the studio making new music.
Speaker 1: So okay, so right now, No, we're not doing shows.
Speaker 12: Chilling on shows for a minute. We played a lot of shows last year. We just Arena's amphitheaters did the whole thing. We're in the studio, man, We're I always say this, but I feel like we owe it to radio, We owe to our fans to really focus and make the best album that we can.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, what's mean in that studio?
Speaker 4: My house?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 4: Like what does it mean?
Speaker 1: You go right like you're recording the stuff you've already written your demo ing, that's a good.
Speaker 12: Question because I feel like usually when you say you're in the studio, it's like we're going ocean way. We've got three days book we've got triples, we've got the session players booked. We're kind of just writing right now, figuring out what the next thing is gonna be in the studio, like properly in the studio.
Speaker 1: Soon, not fakely, not fakely. Shane's got a baby on the way too, No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got that. You got another baby. I've been trying to figure out, well, I was there.
Speaker 6: I was singing some public domain song in my bedrooms how it always goes, And that's how it started.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll watch it's a big public domain.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big favorite on tour. Pubably do.
Speaker 4: Rocks.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Congratulations again. It's really cool to just watch the sustained success as it does, and as your sound does. It's never the same, but you still remain Dan and Shay like there's a consistency about it. But it's like you guys are always growing. Even in this record, there was much more. It felt like instrumentation that you could actually identify. I felt like that. So I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.
Speaker 4: We love you guys. You guys can follow at Dan and shay uh.
Speaker 1: We'll play bigger houses a hundred times and you don't need our help. But you know why not.
Speaker 4: Sour doughs in the mail, Thanks Bo, Thank you very much. They are.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 1: This was a hot topic.
Speaker 3: Eddie took away one of his kids Christmas presents, a ka walkie talkies and there was a big reason. Some people were like, absolutely, so glad he did this. Other people are like, no, you're a helicopter parent, so listen and then give us your thoughts what you think. Maybe you're hearing this segment for the first time. Go on social media there's a video, or hit us up in the DM.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think. Number two Eddie had to take away one of us kids Christmas presents.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 5: I don't understand, man. We got them this Christmas President. They were walkie talkies is for the kids to go around the neighborhood and talk and it's all fun, right. They loved it. They played for They played with him for like two days and then I heard them like talking, but not to each other. They were talking to like someone else on the walkie talkie, and I'm like, what is happening? So I voices yeah, oh, so I investigated. Turns out that these things are so good now they talk to truckers and they were like ten four ten four over and out of who's farting out there? And I'm like, what is happening? And these truckers'll be like, yeah, who is it out there? Or what are you? How old are you kid? You're five years old? What's going on here? I'm like, I took them away right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's weird. What's not like the truckers are hitting them up on DM but still the fact that they can talk to truckers, or they can even hear their conversations. Truckers talk about lot lizards and stuff.
Speaker 5: Ain't want that.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? Or are you just going by a no? I didn't hear that, Okay. So what I'm guessing is, by the way, if it had been different, if the truckers were like sliding into the dems, You're like, hey, kid, let's talk, right.
Speaker 4: But imagine as.
Speaker 1: Someone who you know has their CDL has driven a little truck myself, you get on the open road, you get bored. Imagine like an old lady or a kid comes on or somebody that's that's fun.
Speaker 4: You're like, what's up?
Speaker 10: Kid?
Speaker 1: You're not really pervan oal. I'm not saying you shouldn't take them away, but I think you're It's different if your kid's going at it than if they're coming out your kid.
Speaker 5: I mean, the kids were having fun with it, but that's what kind of worried about it, like, well, what are the truckers, Like, where are you at? Kid? What's your kid?
Speaker 1: But you're doing a lot of what if this happens? But your kids are the one that started. Well, then that's what you have to do too. When you're a parent, though, you have to think through the whatever. But it's a walkie talkie. Look, so they can have nothing toy have a phone.
Speaker 5: Well not the little ones, thanks, girl does that right? Yeah, but he wasn't part of it. It's the little ones.
Speaker 1: You have to watch out. But you can let him have the walkie talkie. But you say, don't talk to truckers. So that's just the rule, and they're gonna break it. That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: They love talking to the truck We.
Speaker 1: Had a cebe. When I was a kid, we got it like a yard sale. I talked truckers all time, and they never once came to the house. You felt safe.
Speaker 4: Nobody ever camera truck me.
Speaker 1: But did they ask you? Never once learned? Like watch your twenty you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, see if I hear that though, that's.
Speaker 1: Like part of life.
Speaker 4: No, they don't need to do that.
Speaker 5: It's not good amy.
Speaker 1: Should he take the walkie talkies away? No?
Speaker 7: I think that we can have the walkie talkies, but there needs to be some boundaries around them.
Speaker 8: Lunchbox, No, dude, you talked to truckers when you were a kid. Let it go like it's the same thing. You're becoming an helicopter parent. They're having a helicopter and the guy is saying, hey, who's parting out there? That's funny, Like they're they're interacting with the kids. Isn't that what you want? Let them go out explore, use the walkie talk as you're being a helicopter dad.
Speaker 1: I think it is good to know so you can monitor it all my truck driving buddies. Good dude, salt a, good guys. Not not trying to get with kids, but they should know to never give their location and not to say their real name. And as long as they don't do that, let them script. The trucker.
Speaker 4: Truckers just think it's funny.
Speaker 5: So have their own handle.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I want their own little handle. No, they don't have one yet, they don't have time. I took it away.
Speaker 1: I think they can have the Okay, vote vote yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah yes Mike, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dad's a trucker, good guy.
Speaker 1: What have you been talking to your all right, give them back?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, it was a really big announcement week for Kenny Chesney. He shared that he is performing multiple shows at Spear in.
Speaker 1: Las Vegas and he's so excited.
Speaker 3: He stopped by the studio to talk all about the show and how he really hopes fans will come out and this one out because it's so much different than his other shows. And plus we also heard how he prepares for tour. If you've ever seen Kenny Chesney, he has such high energy shows and there's a lot of preparation that goes into those high energy shows.
Speaker 2: Number One on the Bobby Bones show now, ke Chesney, good.
Speaker 4: To see you, buddy, Good to see you too, Sphere. I've seen it on TikTok.
Speaker 1: It looks pretty crazy because it's like it's like, I don't know you're in a show, just watching a show. That building is like, have you been in it yet to see I've.
Speaker 9: Been in it, but I haven't seen anybody yet.
Speaker 1: What do they show you when you like do an open house?
Speaker 9: Like when we uh it was we've known we were going to do this since last April, so we've been we've been preparing for it kind of since then. But I went to see it. I just had to put my body in it to see it, and it was the most unbelievable, I mean thing I've ever been inside. And they showed us a lot of some of us, They showed us some of you two show, and they showed us some other things. And I have Bobby, I have my team there. I had, you know, some of the my promoters there and everybody that I've worked with for a long time. And I looked at my team when I saw this and I went I said, there's no way we're not not doing this right. And it was just it's just an opportunity for uh me to bring the audience that I've built over the years and into this environment where it's just as if we take the we take what we've built musically and the audience, and we're all in a like a different state of consciousness almost. It's so all, it's all so immersive, and it's it's the it's it's hard to describe.
Speaker 1: I need to come to yours just because I've seen I will watch a full TikTok song because but I'll watch you too. I've seen two or three artists that in sphere and even I've even played golf outs I and just watch it from the outside. Just got all like, all that's great. It's like a whole new thing that I don't think I've ever experienced in any way at a concert. How long has your has your team been working on what you're gonna do?
Speaker 4: Visually?
Speaker 9: We've known I was I was playing Jimmy Buffett's tribute show with the Hollywood Bowl, and I was backstage in my dressing room and irving as Off, who I've known a long time.
Speaker 1: He goes, you need to be.
Speaker 9: The next one to play this sphere, And honestly, I didn't know what I was going to do in twenty twenty five at that time, because we had yet to start our stadium tour in twenty twenty four, you know, but I let me, let me think about it, and then I went. It just felt like the It just felt like the perfect thing to do next, you know, cause I thought I might take a year off the road and work on music, and I still will do that, but we're going to be out there May June and probably the first week of July hopefully. Right now, we got twelve shows booked, and it just felt like the the perfect next movie for me and a way to take my audience neurologically down a different path, and I thought, I felt like that was really important.
Speaker 1: Tickets are going sell on January thirty first, and the dates start Thursday and May twenty seconds, So tickets you sure to get on Friday at Kenny Chesney dot com. Some of the smaller eighteen thousand people is not small, but you play stadiums, but some of your smaller shows but also visually bigger than anything that you've done because of the technology there. But have you ever done a residency?
Speaker 9: Never? Because I can't remember, just realize I didn't answer your last question. I got off on something else. We've been working on this probably since there's only eight of those cameras that exist that I mean, they shoot it in thirty six K and so it's we've been you know, we've been creating content for our shows, whether it's an arena or a stadium or an ampithet or whatever for a very long time. And when I first decided that, Okay, we want to do this, I was really excited about Goes. We've got so much content to use. And then I was told you can't use a frame of it because we had to reshoot everything. And so we've been working on it in a long time and and and it's good in a way because it forces us to have the show be very fresh, very new. And for the fans that have come to see us play for over the years, if they think they're going to see the same show that I mean, there's just no way possible. Because it's like I said earlier, it's so immersive and we're all kind of in this consciousness together. I mean, it's just crazy what it's like, even with nothing on the video screen, like you walk in and in the venue itself. You go, oh wow, this is going to be really different. And so I'm excited about the opportunity. And but we've been working really hard on all the content.
Speaker 1: Well you do hotel or Airbnb?
Speaker 9: I don't know yet. We got to figure that out.
Speaker 1: Probably a hotel exactly I would like to do. I would like to do a hotel.
Speaker 9: That has a cold plunge that's hard to find.
Speaker 4: You get it.
Speaker 1: I've done it. I've done a couple of cold plunges and do you know what, No, no, but I will. I do have one that will take you gotta help me with the cold plunch because I've done it and I just end up angry.
Speaker 9: Really, It's that's interesting because it's usually I mean, how do you feel after you're angry?
Speaker 1: Though warm again? So I've cold plunged and I have a couple of friends. Dirk's does it. Jac Owen does it, and he's like, let's let's go and we're going to be in for two minutes or whatever the thing is. And it's like my nipples get hard, yeah, and my my my skin gets cold, and then I walk out and I get warm and then I'm just like, man, I could have spent that time like reading something getting ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand, but what do I What am I missing?
Speaker 9: Well, you're missing? Well what the well? What the ice does for me? I mean it's it's the best thing you can do for inflammation in your body. Okay, the best thing you can do. It's the best anti depressant, best anti anxiety medicine you can take inflammation.
Speaker 1: I totally understand because I'll get into the cryo right, yes, which is a similar thing.
Speaker 9: But I like the weight of the ice when I get in it. You know, for some reason.
Speaker 1: What you put. Oh wait, there's actually ice in your cold punch. Oh yeah, Oh, we just have it jacked way down for it's like, oh so you got like a you got the Yeah, yeah, you've got an ice. One day you'll get rich. Hey, one day you'll get rich and you'll get you one of these. It's not a big deal. I didn't mean to hit you with that.
Speaker 9: That what in Vegas? I imagine I'll need it.
Speaker 1: So you cold punch? How many mornings out of a week.
Speaker 9: Well, when I'm on the road, I'll do it every day i'm out there, But when i'm home, I do at least four or five days a week.
Speaker 4: What time do you wake up in the morning, just generally speaking.
Speaker 9: Well, now it's different now when it's around five thirty, why because I'm in the gym, or around seven seven do it takes me a little bit to get there. So I've already started.
Speaker 4: An hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Yet, what are you, Knoxville?
Speaker 4: I just work out here in town.
Speaker 9: You know, I've got to get ready. You know, I've got to get mentally ready to go to the gym. And you know those guys kill me.
Speaker 1: You have a trainer, yeah, and what do you focus on?
Speaker 9: I was there this morning just getting my lungs and my brain ready to go. You know, we do like it's been. That's been the thing. Every year. People ask me a lot, Well, why don't you know, why don't you just go out instead of doing a really long tour, Why don't you just go do sporadic dates? And I can't because you just can't go do sporadic dates the way that I do it. You got to train for it. And so that's been my the treadmill, if you will, of my whole career. And so I'm that starts in January every year for me and I go until I'm done, and this year I'll be done early, which is good. We'll be done probably around July, when usually I'm done around the end of August when we played in Foxboro. But this year we're just gonna play in one spot and we're going to invite everybody to come to Vegas and come to us.
Speaker 1: Do you ever run on the treadmill while singing yes? Oh, tell me more about.
Speaker 9: That, yeah, because that's part of the training for me, and I've been doing it for years. Like to the way we've done our stadium shows anyway, the Sphere show is going to be a little different because it's more it's less about energy and more of an experience, is what I'm seeing in our rehearsals. We've already done five rehearsals already. What's crazy is the reason we're doing that is because we have to kind of know. We don't have to one hundred percent know what we're doing, but we have to kind of know so they can build it. And when it's done, when you hit the button to render all of it, it takes like a month and a half to render. It's so much information, So it's crazy, you know. So we were forced to rehearse much earlier. So when I'm in training to do a stadium show or whatever, the first twenty or thirty minutes of my show is very intense. And along with doing cardio and along with doing everything else that that I do to get my body ready to go do that, I have to get my lungs ready. And if I can run on the treadmill and sing at the same time, then I'm pretty rare to go.
Speaker 1: People ever, like, hey, playing a fitness manager, the guy won't stop singing American kids. We're trying to work out here. I never had like the weird guy singing American kids over there, and it happened.
Speaker 4: Ever, No, do.
Speaker 7: You see me own songs or do you sing other people's songs?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 9: No, Well, when I'm alone, and when we know what we're going to do in the show, I will, I'll have it'll be synced into my playlist or whatever, and I will. I'll know what the first thirty minutes of our show is going to be, and I'll just crank it and run on the treadmill and try to sing along with and try to get used to that neural pathway, if you will of our show and It's crazy what you do to get ready, but that's one of the things that I do do.
Speaker 1: That's what I do every morning for this show. I get on the treadmill and I do the whole show. So when I come in, I got the lungs that like nack it out. You know, I'm not used to seeing you in cold weather clothes.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I'm not used to seeing me in cold weather clothes.
Speaker 1: You walked in, didn't know as you You're trying on a beanie, I know, right, So mostly I feel like I see you here warm weather ish, or sometimes I see you like coming out of yoga place here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, are you still yoga?
Speaker 9: I haven't I've done how yoga in a long time. Yeah, yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: I see walk out and be like yeah and stop. Yeah, I don't want to bother you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I bet I a Yeah. Cold weather is is, like I said, I was forced to to. We were forced to rehearse early. Usually were we start rehearsals first of March, but now because of the sphere and everything we're doing, we're forced So I was here, I've been here since January second and kind of gotten mentally down this path.
Speaker 4: Because usually you'd be somewhere warmer.
Speaker 9: I would be it would be somewhere a little warmer. Right, But we're here, and I'm excited about the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Though I don't think you're not. I think you're very excited about or you wouldn't be hearing a beanians no questions. So if you wake up that early, what time do you go to bed? I guess my question is how regimented are you? Where's a discipline? I go to bed different every night. I mean, but my body clock is so just wakes me up around five, no matter what time I go to bed.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I go to bed at nine or ten or eleven. It's just whatever, but it's it's when I'm training, my body just wakes up. Do you ever just go to dinner it's a a public place, of course? Yeah, well you can't do, of course, because you're it's gotten well, it's gotten harder to go to dinner downtown.
Speaker 1: Like ild I wouldn't have go to Broadway if I were you, I would recommend no. I haven't been to Broadway in a long time. Yeah, but you can go and do you get a little curtain?
Speaker 9: No, I mean, it just depends you know, or a room or I think the last time that I that I went out to dinner here, it was after Megan won Mega Maroney won her CMA Award. They had a dinner for the next night and I.
Speaker 5: Went to that.
Speaker 9: You know, it was it was great day.
Speaker 1: Do you let them know you might be there? Guess what my whole life would be that I might show up. I might show, I might I might.
Speaker 9: Show Yeah, it depends.
Speaker 4: That would be my whole life.
Speaker 9: No, I'm pretty good about going out real friends a few, but especially you know, if it's easy for me, if I if I'm somewhere else, it's easy, you know, for me to go out, but not here. It's a lot here, it's a little it's it's pretty touristy here. You know.
Speaker 4: You have a favorite NFL team, Patriots.
Speaker 9: You know, I've played, I mean i've When I was a kid, there was a guy that that played for Tennessee that was drafted by the Patriots and his name was Stanley Morgan. He's one of my favorite Tennessee players and that's when I first started, uh following the Patriots, you know, and then my one of my best fluck we were talking earlier one of my best friends in the world is Sean Payton, and Shawn's been to a lot of shows and and when he got the New Orleans Saints coaching job, I bought a sweep in the super Doma. It's just as a way for me and my father to become, you know, have something some for us to do, you know what I mean. And that was that was a lot of fun. But New Orleans like to kill me because it's New Orleans. It's New Orleans. Yeah, and we had a lot of fun, lots of fun.
Speaker 1: So Vegas may also, but you have to work though, that's different. Yeah, it's Vegas.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have blinders when it's time to work. You work.
Speaker 9: I work, Yeah, and I won't stay. I probably won't stay the whole time, you know, I won't. I'll be in and out. Yeah, because we're gonna play every I think Wednesday, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, I think, and then and then during those other days I'll be. I'll be, I might stay or I might leave.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 1: What's the best song you ever recorded? One answer only one answer on take a second think if one answer one answer only?
Speaker 4: No, didn't We're not doing any diplomatic stuff here.
Speaker 9: Best song I ever recorded, yep, it's it's a toss up between There Goes My Life, Anything but Mine, You and Tequila ranks up there.
Speaker 1: It's a favorite song. That's one of my top favorite songs ever of all time.
Speaker 9: Oh well, thank you. I mean, that's when I first heard that song. I was.
Speaker 4: I heard.
Speaker 9: I initially heard it and my friend with Treesa Berg, who wrote it, it was her. It was a it was a female vocal, and then it didn't it and resonate, and then she sent me the song with a male perspective and a male vocal on it was I was. I heard it and I went, oh my god, this is this. I think I could really do this, and really glad that I did.
Speaker 1: What song did you record that you knew it was going to be a monster mainstream hit.
Speaker 9: I mean, I listened to a verse in a chorus of get Along, and I just thought, I just kind of filuped my hands and I said that I was on the plane. I was on a rider's trip with Josh Osbourne and Shane McAnally, and we were on our way back home when they were just playing me a ton of songs on the way back home and Josh played me get Along and I went, oh, my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Which song that became something we all knew? Did you almost not record?
Speaker 9: I almost didn't record don't blink. It's been a while, you know, But I almost didn't. And I just couldn't. I couldn't put my hands around I could put my brain around it. I felt like that it was a little I don't know, it felt like.
Speaker 4: I was so.
Speaker 9: In my brain I was thinking about just constantly thinking about the show. I was thinking about energy. I was thinking about keeping the energy of the show and the and the sequence of my show really high energy. And for that reason only, I almost didn't record it. But it was such a I don't know, It felt to me like and I'm really glad that I did. It was a big record for me. But it felt a touch like a hallmark card, just a little. And so for that reason I almost didn't.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're pretty chill or you're more neurotic generally as a human being.
Speaker 9: I'm pretty chill as a human being, I think.
Speaker 4: Professionally, would they say the same about you now?
Speaker 9: Professionally, I'm very because I'm in that zone.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 9: I mean, look at my if you take a close look at my fingernails, you wouldn't think that I'm very chill, because but this is the time of the year where I am very Look, I'm hands on with everything, like this is. Getting ready for the sphere has been such a mental grind because I'm so hands on with everything, and there's a whole lot of moving parts when you go and do this kind of thing that's different. Like if we were preparing to go to a stadium show or something else that we're used to doing, it would be Okay. I've kind of wrapped my brain around how we're going to get ready for this and how we're going to change this and to make it new and fresh. Okay, we're going to put some songs in and out and see where it lands. That's not as you know, mentally taxing, as truly recreating everything. And so that's been a grind for me, you know, and that it's been a good one, you know, And it's forced us, Like I said earlier, it's forced my whole team to get out of their comfort zone, if you will, and I think that's where you grow as a person, as an artists as an entertainer is or whatever it is, whether you're trying to get better at working out or business or whatever. When you get out of your comfort zone is where you really see a lot of change, and doing the Sphere has really been great for us in that way.
Speaker 1: Tickets on sale January thirty first. Kenny's plan Sphere Las Vegas starting in May. But again, tickets on sale January thirty first. That's pretty exciting, Like I've not been motivated to go, like to make a trip to go. It looks awesome when I watch it on my phone, but I think this is one they'll have to come see. Can I get like twenty percent discount on tickets?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 4: All right, we're in.
Speaker 1: So with your fingernails? Are you talking about biting them?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Webby, you.
Speaker 1: Buy your nails? Ye, mostly for two reasons. One because I think I suck at everything I do and I hate myself. And then Arkansas football. Those are the two reasons.
Speaker 9: Well Tennessee football.
Speaker 4: There all right, Kenny Chess, thanks for having me, guys. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope you these are awesome, and I hope you do a whole bunch more and everybody again. Tickets want to sell January thirty five. Our theory is our Frank Kenny chessy nice.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me Gus.
Speaker 2: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two and that wraps it up for the top seven best Bits on The Bobby Bone Show this week. So again, thank you for being here, Thanks for listening to this podcast. Check out again Part one, Part three this weekend with Lunchbox, and if that's not your speed, you can also check out my new podcast, Take This Personally. I had on a real love alchemist. Her name is Lindsey, and she talked all about how you can make sure you're setting yourself up to find your real love. And then I brought on my friend Kate who we talked about her two broken off engagements and how she's feeling. Also, we got into the topic of freezing your eggs. You know, we're at that stage in our lives that is a topic of conversation, so go.
Speaker 1: Check that out.
Speaker 3: Also follow the show at Bobby Bone Show on all the Things, especially YouTube. Lots of good stuff up there. Okay, see you guys next weekend.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 9: Show and follow at web girl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.