Speaker 1: I know we all want love that happily ever after feeling of finding your soulmate. But what if someone not only claimed they could help you find that perfect partner, but they could guarantee it. Jeff and Shealia, a young couple famous on YouTube, teach about twin flames, a deep romantic connection with your perfect ultimate partner. In their videos, it's divine love. You're design for no one else, and they're designed for no one else. But the path to finding your twin flame is not so simple. Those who start to doubt the group are instructed to cut ties with friends and family that are holding them back and to corner and claim their twin flame through stalking and intimidation. By the time some members are able to leave the group, they don't even recognize themselves, and the harassment to rejoin makes them fear for their safety from wondering. Twin Flames is a podcast about what happens when the quest for love turns into a dangerous obsession.
Speaker 2: A listener note this episode contains adult content and language. This may not be suitable for all listeners. Wonder It was July twenty nineteen, Toronto.
Speaker 3: An average hotel meeting room beige carpet, rows of gray chairs, a platform at the front. Dozens of people milled around waiting. Among them was Victoria Buniah.
Speaker 4: This was my first time meeting anybody from this group, and it was such an interesting experience because everybody was so awkward.
Speaker 3: People gathered in groups, some fumbled through small talk, others stared at their phones.
Speaker 4: Or you'd see the occasional one person standing there just kind of looking around and smiling, not really knowing what to do.
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, this is weird. But then the atmosphere changed.
Speaker 4: It was time, so everybody wanted to sit up front, so it was kind of like, oh, we gotta, you know, grab the best seats we can.
Speaker 3: All eyes turned to the entrance. People craned and stretched.
Speaker 2: Desperate to see the doors open, and a young couple walked in.
Speaker 4: They walk up the aisle and they walked in stage, and everybody's cheering and just standing and clapping and crying. I was just like, oh, my eyes, just like I had chills.
Speaker 3: A man stepped onto the stage. He was in his early thirties. His wavy brown hair was shoulder length. He wore designer ripped teens and a suit jacket. The woman took her place next to him. Dressed in a T shirt, fitted pants, high heels, and makeup.
Speaker 2: The man raised his arms.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the very first Juicy Twin Flames Universe Ascension Workshop. Jeff and Shelia had arrived. The room was buzzing with excitement. This was the first time many in the audience had ever seen the couple in real life.
Speaker 2: We're starting right here, and if you don't know where to find your good it's within yourself within I have it, you have it, we all have it. You've never seen it. Hi here it is on stage. Shelia beamed at Jeff.
Speaker 1: You'll get used to me, I.
Speaker 3: Have, Jeff smiled. The audience was eating out of their hands. As the speech neared its climax, Jeff closed his eyes, suddenly serious. I'll give you the tools if you haven't received them already, to feel good anytime you feel bad.
Speaker 2: Isn't that powerful to be able to feel good anytime you want? And then when you feel the good thing, it can manifest its good things, take a twin flame and harmonious union.
Speaker 3: He promised to give the audience a secret, the secret of finding your twin flame, the perfect partner sold me the ultimate lover.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't all he promised that weekend.
Speaker 3: He was going to show them how to get the perfect a beautiful home, a fat bank account, a corvette, all of it is yours, everything, everything, everything you desire.
Speaker 4: Follow me. So I just kind of remember feeling like I don't want to say I felt high, but it kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean for Lack, I was just like, this is wow.
Speaker 4: Like I just feel like I'm in another dimension right now.
Speaker 3: You too can have your twin flame, You too can have harmonious union forever. Join us.
Speaker 2: Thank you and take care.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ever the audience was on their feet, Victoria was among.
Speaker 4: Them, and I was just like, this is such a momentous occasion for me, Like this is such a breakthrough and like and I'm like, oh my god, the miracle's gonna happen any day now.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, this is it.
Speaker 3: No one in that room could have predicted what Jeff's promises really meant.
Speaker 4: I didn't suspect what would come months later.
Speaker 2: I had no inkling that there were people.
Speaker 3: In that room, people she knew, who would soon find themselves wrappling with just how badly they wanted that true love Jeff promised, and how far they were willing to go to get it.
Speaker 2: I had to follow what they told me to do. They knew best.
Speaker 4: You gotta do it, like, don't be a little pleasant, don't be a little bitch. That wife is the one that's in the way.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to completely submit to me and give me your complete and utter obedience.
Speaker 4: I no longer knew who I was.
Speaker 2: I was spiraling.
Speaker 1: They were the Master Christ, and they were the King and Queen of Heaven, and that we were going to help.
Speaker 2: Them bring heaven on earth.
Speaker 1: If I don't get out, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Die every everything, everything you sire.
Speaker 1: Follow me, Follow me, Follow twin Flames on Apple podcasts, Amazon Music, or you can listen early and add free by subscribing to Wondery Plus in Apple Podcasts or the Wondery app.