Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. I'm Karen Moscow when we're joined by a Bloomberg Stocks reporter, Isabelle Lee. And Isabelle, good morning. We're getting some earnings this morning, we heard from GM. So what's driving those results?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Karen.
Speaker 1: A lot of earnings actually, so it's an action packed Tuesday. I had to pause a little bit there because I'm still stock on Monday.
Speaker 4: But thankfully we're moving along in the week.
Speaker 1: GM the stock is higher, actually by oh no, it slipped into the negative territory in pre market trade.
Speaker 4: It's down by one and a half percent. So GM.
Speaker 1: This comes after GM race its full year profit forecast by another five hundred billion dollars, and that's after beating second quarter earnings estimates. So this of course is powered by stronger margins on the largest vehicle and of course you guessed at lower tiff cost. So the company said it now expects its earnings before income and taxes of as much as sixteen billion dollars a year, So the upgraded projections came after it already exceeded consensus forecasts. So GM's brighter outlook came after a really top second quarter. We saw US sales fell. This includes large pickup trucks and SUVs. So I'm wondering why this stock is down and I think I'm seeing this right. It's really down at one and a half percent.
Speaker 3: And it really just happened moments ago because right after those earnings it did take a nice little jump there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, interesting, Maybe we'll find out more after the earnings call.
Speaker 4: And may you hear what the CEO says?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Well we also heard from Danaher that stock decidedly lower, so we can be confident about that at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe there is that. So should we talk about three m.
Speaker 3: Oh wait our Danaher I was just here now, or we can jump to three m sure, let's jup me three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's talk about that her real quick. The stock I think is fluctuating. It's down down. Good, you're right. After the life sciences firm gave core revenue growth guidance for the third quarter that fell short of expectations. So this is the thing with these firms, I feel like, just a little disappointment and they really go down bad. Sales came in at six point twenty seven billion dollars, that's a little higher than the estimated six point one billion dollars. Operating profit was one point thirteen billion dollars, a little lower than the estimated one point nineteen billion. And for the full year they see an adjusted EPs so of around eight dollars and forty five.
Speaker 4: Cents to eight dollars and sixty cents. That's just bang in line of the estimates.
Speaker 3: All right, So what about three M.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got excited with three AM because I always think about stickers when I was younger. When I think of three AM. The stock is popping up nearly six percent. So three AM they top Wall Street expectations. They raised their full year outlook. This is just a good sign that the company's slow and steady turnaround effort is really just proceeding despite all the broader economic volatility we're seeing. So adjusted earnings will be around eight dollars and eighty cents to eight dollars and ninety five cents a share.
Speaker 4: That's higher than the previous range.
Speaker 1: So the improved outlook also suggests that the CEO's plan to really simplify three m's operation and bring new products to market is seeing its fruition. I mean, I just talked about the magic tape I see with I talk about three AM, but it has a whole slew of other products. And the company also had an adjusted earnings of two dollars and forty cents a share. That's also beating the estimates. So really a good day for three AM.
Speaker 3: And with our last thirty seconds here, you're also watching chip makers as a whole as well as Intel. We are seeing a bit of a rebound this morning in futures, So tell us what you're watching with chip makers.
Speaker 1: Intel is ticker IONTC. It's up by five percent. So I wanted to talk about chip makers because last week they had a really bad week. We saw the semiconductor index enter a bear market territory. But now we're seeing a rebound in chip makers. It's driving the stock market higher. You see nastac features higher, and this maybe tells us that the sell of us more about short term puss then a full bloom breakdown of the AI story. But every day we get a headline, and every day the AI narrative is tested, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: The stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.