Speaker 1: The nick A Gliser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, nick Gleiser, here's Nicky.
Speaker 3: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's a Nicky Glazer podcast. It's been a long time coming. I haven't seen Brian or Noah in so long. Noah even longer because she was not on our last episode with Esther, which was so fun. Yeah we need one pank, only one pregnant person per episode. Yeah, Noah was off getting married and we will do an in depth look later on.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: After that podcast where I was like, I was like, oh my god, you're getting married.
Speaker 2: That's so amazing.
Speaker 3: Then sidetracked, add get off on other things, go to break, come back, keep talking about that thing. Then five minutes ten minutes after we finished the episode, I was like, what a jackass. And I wrote to you being like, I am so sorry.
Speaker 4: We never got back to it, like it does happen to me clearly, uh, And I go, please please in an in depth look at Noah's uh no, his wedding, because it's a great people to be aware that I'm aware that I'm not a good friend. Some people were like, wait a minute, the title said in depth look, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: That's people not getting my sense of humor in that moment. But that's okay because I'm not that's not always my sense of humour, So it's okay if you didn't get it that one time. And we don't usually do that jokie of titles. So yeah, that's why it was unexpected. That's totally normal for people to be like, Okay, where is it? So we will get to that. We have so much discuss We have the Super Bowl, which we went to. Brian, I haven't seen no, we did the podcast together. That's I've seen you just once since the super Bowl, but we did talk. I've been in Australia. I've been to La, I've been in st We're Elsel, Sydney, Sydney. I've been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been all over Melbourne, Melbourne and Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And we're going to be in Laura, Pennsylvania and New York this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's correct, thank you Fording there and port Chester, New York Saturday and Sunday. Brian Frangie Nikki Glazer live. So if you were in the Philadelphia area, which these these little towns are like outside of the big towns of Philly and New York City. So if you live around either of those towns, you got to come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got some big names come into the port Chester show. I've got my dad and his partner, Vicky. I've got Ali's his wife. It's his partner. They're not married, long term partner, domestic partner. Make your dad feel jazzy and young. Yeah, his girlfriend his scrutch slut god. Sorry Vicky, No, she's And then Ali's sister, Elaine is going to be there with her husband and two friends. And then uh, Nikki, who you know well from my wedding. Is Adam Steinman who did that speech.
Speaker 3: I love that that guy. Yeah, it's funny Adam Steinman. Yeah he I really admired his speech and thought he was so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The whole weekend everyone was telling me what a nightmare this person was gonna be. All he's the single one of your group that never found a wife, and so all the wives and all the husbands are like, where do you meet Steinman? He's unlovable, No, he'll always be single.
Speaker 2: He's a monster. And then I met him and he's like maybe the coolest one out of all of them.
Speaker 3: Sorry, guys, I think you're just all married and miserable and you need to make Steinman's life just terrible in your eyes. He's single, he doesn't have kids. What's wrong with him? I'm obviously joking, but it was like, why is this guy a bad? Why is he a monster? Why is he such a degenerate? Like, sorry, Adam, if you're hearing this, but that is what your friend said about you behind your back in a hot tub when they get relaxed and hot, that's what they're saying about you. But yeah, he was great, So that'll be great to see him. Yeah, I have no one coming, Well, I might have some friends.
Speaker 2: We'll see what else.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we but I really want to tackle let's just get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: When we were in Las Vegas, Am I saying that correctly?
Speaker 3: Vegas as you're saying sometimes I say Vegas.
Speaker 1: I love when you say Vegas. Okay, so sexy.
Speaker 3: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, even though I think that is the wrong way to say it, but it's probably the right way.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Two nights before we did our podcast on a Thursday, and then on Friday or maybe no, we came in on Thursday. We did our podcast Friday morning and then Friday night. I was like, I think it.
Speaker 2: Was on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I go, wait, well, let's see what's at the sphere, Like, is what's going on with that sweer that you built? Like obviously it's Super Bowl weekend. It is the most busy weekend in Las Vegas. So I was like, there's no way there's gonna be If there's a show, it's sold out. You two is there on the next night, which is Friday night, And tickets are like one hundred and fifty bucks for decent seats because there's not a bad seat in the house unless you're under a riser, which you got to look at. Have you studied the sphere since we went to the show, because there was a controversy. The only controversy I can find, or complaints about the sphere I can find, Brian, are about the riser. If you sit under the riser, you can't see above it. You can't see the screen above it, because what a shame it would be to miss all that action that's happening above that riser for one twentieth of the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so we go.
Speaker 2: I get us four tickets to the sphere.
Speaker 1: Red flag right there, one hundred and fifty dollars to see you two at the sphere of Super Bowl weekend? Are you kidding me? Nico?
Speaker 2: Why is that a red flag, Brian?
Speaker 1: Because that's a really low price.
Speaker 2: It should be it should.
Speaker 3: Be a red flag. But why isn't it? Because Okay, I'll tell you. We're going to jump back to this and I'll say, why are they one hundred and fifty dollars? If everyone talks about how great this e fing show is all the g damn time, that's all I hear.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. That's all.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we go to the show.
Speaker 3: I am a cursory YouTube, like like just a fine YouTube c plus see minus. Probably I don't. They're not my favorite band. I have nothing against them. I saw them live at the the Apollo with Serious a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: It was an amazing show.
Speaker 3: The song Oh Yeah with your friend got to get yourself to give favorite songs of all time, like it's it's on my top probably forty songs, yeah, of all time. So as long as I get that song, which of course I will, it's like one of their biggest hit.
Speaker 2: It's one of the biggest hits ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and igot it that it was one of their songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they have a lot of different They're.
Speaker 1: One of those bands that you're like that you two song really and they change their sound around. Yes.
Speaker 3: So so I'm I'm psyched.
Speaker 2: You know, we're going to the sphere. We get in an uber.
Speaker 1: We're on the way over.
Speaker 3: I pull up the set list because, yeah, I want to ruin the fund. I want to see when I'm getting my song. I want to see what what I'm in for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spoiler alert for your own self.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't find the song. Maybe it's a different title. I believed it was like you've got to get yourself together, way stuck in a moment, and I'm like, maybe it's something else.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's nowhere on the setlist.
Speaker 3: I get remarkably sad, like I can't be in the conversation in the uber anymore. Every everything that's happening that isn't talking about the fact that the song is not being played is bothering me.
Speaker 2: Like I am beside myself.
Speaker 3: Like I was really really sad because I decided to that night I was gonna have a moment with that song because I wanted to get stuck in a moment with that song. The last time it played, it was it's about his friend committing suicide. I have like suicidal thoughts, Like I just feel connected to that song. It always gets me, like whenever I'm feeling really depressed, I put that on and I think about my friend writing a song like that. For me, it's I have like a lot of weird emotional attachment to it.
Speaker 1: So I was.
Speaker 3: Distraught when it wasn't being played, and like, it's such a dumb thing to get upset about, but I could not focus, and I wanted every I wanted Chris and everyone in the car to like I want not even you guys.
Speaker 1: I just wanted Chris to like hold me because I was so upset. He's just like itso be like a.
Speaker 3: Joke, like no, who cares, babe. And then we go. I got recognized in the line, oh do anything before Yeah, we get dropped off in a weird way.
Speaker 1: We walk over to the line I would even privy to your struggles In the back seat. I don't remember what I was talking about, but I was on a different plane.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: And I was having a conversation with the driver about how changed silence car. I'm just kidd ignited. He was a nice guy, but yeah, on the line, get on the line. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Say that I selected site, like when we were in Australia, I selected comfort car. And when when I put comfort car, it's already put in, like I don't want to talk like whatever. That's because I checked it years ago. Because I always if there's a preference, i'll prefer that. But it's also prefer cold, like I don't care the car is not cold. I don't care if the driver talks to me. But if I could choose, yeah, I kind of I'm always gonna want to air on the side of like no talkie. So I got in the car and with Chris, and the guy goes, oh, and I see you selected quiet car, all right, And I go, oh, I don't really care. That was just the thing I selected like years ago. It doesn't it's just a setting that's default.
Speaker 1: I don't care. You can talk to us, And he goes, Okay, so the ride's gonna be I go, like really impressively as soon as he talked again, and he did not get it, like okay, I sorry.
Speaker 2: I was just like, no, okay. So we get in line.
Speaker 1: Look at Nicky's uber. Yeah yeah, I have so many. So we get in line, and the line is so long. It is around the entire block. It is going down the strip, it is going past the Luxore. Not even really, but it's so long.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's because this fear is poorly designed. There's one ent what you're gonna get. They should be multiple entrances that you can go in, and the entire sphere should be on the second floor like a stadium. Yes, you you take it as a gate number. It's insane, nice, is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you go to a stadium, they go, oh, you're at the wrong gate. And then you go to another gate and there's like no one there because that's where because everyone's spread out.
Speaker 2: They do it right.
Speaker 3: So you're right, it's one entrance. We're going in the sphere and there is I see a guy in front of us go no, that's not her, it's not Nicky Glazer to his wife, and then he looks at.
Speaker 1: Me like that.
Speaker 2: He did say it, like I swear to god, he was.
Speaker 3: Like mad at her, whose that's not Nicky Glazer? And I go you ate an yeah, and she was just like h And I go, yes, I am, and I just kind of said it to him, and I'm probably like eight feet away because he can't really hear me, and I go, yes, I am, and then he kind of looks and is like she. Then she turns around and go yes I am, and he goes, oh, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry because he doesn't really understand when I'm communicating. He's like, sorry, my wife's thought you looked like this comedian. It's we were talking about. And I go, I am her and he goes, honey, it's.
Speaker 1: Really funny, that's not you. I was like, there's a comedianlation I.
Speaker 2: Go, I am she she is me and he goes, he will not like it's.
Speaker 3: It's the only time I've ever felt like I can't believe someone doesn't believe who I am.
Speaker 2: Like I so I immediately.
Speaker 3: Reach into my fanny pack and pull out my ID and I say, yes I am.
Speaker 1: It's a comblet. He thinks you're so famous, there's no possible I would be.
Speaker 3: We had a different entrance, one of the many different entrances into the sphere, the secret entrance, like.
Speaker 1: A vip entrance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would think, and.
Speaker 3: He freaks out there they're Howard fans, so they know me from Stern Show, and he was freaking out and he was like, you just made our night. I'm like, no, the sphere is about to make our night. We're about to see the sphere and he's like, I'm so excited. They were all he said. Later he was on Molly and he apologized, but he we became friends because we waited in this long line together. But I just loved his He was so incredulous you are not, like he was offended that I was even like trying to pose as her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like as a joke. There is no regret there after you settled that it was you, which I can understand is a fun thing to be able to do. There is no regret that now you have to talk to the stranger for the next probably fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: The gift of being someone notable or noticeable is that you get to give the gift of like them, getting to talk to a what they see as a celebrity, which to me, when I to me even as me, is the greatest gift I can receive. As having a normal interaction with someone super famous and like being able to take away a story or like the way I look at them as super famous someone I admire or like am a fan of. So it's like, that's the nice thing about being being recognizable, I think, and I would feel that other people feel that way, is that you get to give that gift all the time of people being like, guess who we saw, and they go who, and they go Nikki Glazer and they go who is that? And then they google it and go her. Well, that's not really a good picture of her. Well wait a second, I'll find one.
Speaker 2: You don't remember her from this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Well she's really great. We should pull something up. Oh this is offensive, it's flag that whole scuttle button.
Speaker 1: No, probably go like this, I saw Nicki Glazer. No you didn't, Yes I did. There's no way that that was actually Nicki Glazer. And then I'm like, no, I have a picture of her ID.
Speaker 2: I should have posed with the ID.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have been fun.
Speaker 3: But so we get into so foreshadowing. I tell this guy, meeting me is not the greatest part of your night. What we're about to witness. We're at the fucking sphere. I was like, this is gonna be the greatest show, because I don't what are you what are your thoughts going into the Sphere Show? Like, what are you expecting? How high are your expectations? Do they go all the way up to the ceiling?
Speaker 1: I have a friend that went to the Uh. Yes, they definitely went up to the ceiling and above you and all around. I have a friend who went to this Sphere in Vegas a few weeks ago, but he saw the Nature show. Oh he said it was absolutely incredible and amazing. So trust anyone anymore? Though, Yeah, the Sphere I do.
Speaker 3: I have severe trust. I have Sphere trust issues, severe trust issues. Since I'm not even joking you, like I've been on this podcast before talking about movies. I've seen that people are like, this is the greatest comedy of our generation. And then I go and I have to leave the theater because I'm just so disappointed in America's taste.
Speaker 1: But this, I mean, I can't you know what.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows what's coming, Okay, but everyone does not agree with us. Okay, So we are at the Sphere Show and.
Speaker 1: Not too fans necessarily, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Give a fuck.
Speaker 3: We could be seeing a live abortion on that screen, and I would still like the whole screen could be it, and I would still be mesmerized, like I'm not even joking you, Like they could have showed anything. Here's what I expected going in. I just want to lay out my expectations. I didn't really care about them. I knew the sound would be amazing. I just wanted this it to sound good. I wanted to see them have a great show. It's not about you too, though, this is about the sphere. I wanted to see screens that were incredible. I wanted to see. What I wanted was at some point to feel like I was flying through something, not in a way that's gonna make you sick, a gentle just gentle moving through a city over a desert scape, just some kind of movement. I would have liked more things like rain dripping down, simple things, simple IMAX sort of things. I was definitely terrified to feel any kind of like oh my god, I want to roller coaster or sharks biting my face, Like I didn't want it to be in your face too much.
Speaker 2: But I wanted constant screen screen action.
Speaker 1: Yes, not like a Universal Studios ride, but like an immersive experience, which is what this beautiful advertising.
Speaker 3: Just making me feel like I might have done mushrooms because I did. Okay, you know, like that's what I wanted. But we get there and we're sitting in our seats and then then there's like a helicopter sound, right, I think that's the first.
Speaker 1: Thing that happened. And the seats vibrates and.
Speaker 3: The seats vibrate, and that is critical as hell under utilized throughout the whole show. The seats vibrate in such a way that could have I could have achieved orgasm if it would have lasted longer than seven minutes. It was like Sybyan style seat seat shaking. But it was cool, I thought.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Then the helicopter comes and you see it at.
Speaker 3: The very top of it like pretty intense. I mean, I mean, I've never been on one, but will destroy you.
Speaker 1: I feel like the seats are not quite Sybyan level it.
Speaker 3: Well, it was like muted Sybyan. It was like Sybyan with a tupperware container on top or something like.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've seen some Sybyan videos where they get need to know what you're into.
Speaker 3: I have to, Well, there's the one on Howard Stern, remember when he makes it with his mouth, Oh my god, yeah into the microphone and she's like sitting on a subwafer.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so she who knows if it really happened like it happened on air for sure, but like, who knows.
Speaker 1: What she was really doing?
Speaker 3: Okay, helicopter comes down, seats are shaking. Whoa that does feel like a helicopter. That looks like a helicopter. This is gonna be cool. I thought it would be so cool if they had them like repel down. It looked like they were repelling down like and then they all they just appear at the bottom. That's not what happened. The helicopter calms some Then.
Speaker 1: What was the helicopter's purpose looking.
Speaker 3: Back for I don't fucking know, dude. Nothing made sense on this show. So then the concrete opens, Yes, and let me just tell you that both Chris and I verbalize to each other after the concrete slowly opens.
Speaker 2: And I was supposed to.
Speaker 3: Sean O'Brien on this podcast because he was making me laugh at his defense of it. Because Shawn O'Brien's the biggest U two fan. I flew him to New York to go to that Apollo show with me, like the day before. He's the biggest You two fan. I know, He's talked up the sphere to me so much. He told me what tickets to buy and everything. So he was jazz and he's like, this guy is really tense, talks like this, and he's just like, Oh, you gotta go there. You're they're gonna blow your mind. They're gonna blow you. So he was so excited for me to.
Speaker 1: Go afterwards down. Can we try calling him? What? It was? Absolutely what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna text him right now just to tell him I'm about to call you in like.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Thank you. He really, I mean, he was crazy. I spoke up the he he talked up the Sphere You two show because he went and he saw it in Vegas and he thought it was the best show he's ever seen. He was over the moon about it. And based on that recommendation, Nicky was like, well, we've got to go. This is apparently a life changing event. And according to all of the reviews on the internet, The New York Times places like that, everyone is equally as a fuse of about the U two Spear show, we gotta go to Break. But this is the problem. I had not looked at reviews.
Speaker 3: You know. The night it came out, I was glued to my phone much as I am for the Era's tour of like what is this going to be? Because the night it first happened, no one had seen the Sphere, no one knew what the Sphere could.
Speaker 1: Do, and it looked awesome.
Speaker 3: There's this part where all these numbers are coming and then the wall feels like it's coming down right. You feel like the Sphere is like falling on your head.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Then there's a scene where there's.
Speaker 3: Like a flag burning in the desert and that looks kind of fucking cool, and then that's it. Those are the only videos you fucking see leading up. And I found out why after the Break my expectations are not too high. I don't think. I just want to see some cool stuff and I want to have a good time. But after the intro where the concrete kind of splits open and there's like shining like coming through, and then all of a sudden, I forget even what happens because it was so non monumental.
Speaker 1: Nonumental, but well, there was one cool scene where they it was like Elvis and Vegas.
Speaker 2: And that didn't happen yet.
Speaker 3: This is still I will give them credit for that. When it's the way you open a show is very important.
Speaker 1: It should be either.
Speaker 3: The best part of the show or the second best part of the show. Without question, it has to be either of those two. That is how you plan a set, that's how you It should be the best part of the show. And by the way, Taylor swifts eras it's the best part of the show the opening where she appears.
Speaker 2: But I don't even remember how they showed up.
Speaker 3: They like walked out, which is fine, but there was what they ambled, we're here, now we come out.
Speaker 2: It was really just there wasn't a lot of pomp. There was minimal circumstance.
Speaker 3: But I turned to Chris at the open, after the opening, after the after they get into the song, and I'm like, well that was it, and I go.
Speaker 1: I'm a little disappointed in what they've done so far.
Speaker 3: And Chris as a producer that he is, and he isn't wrong. He says they're leaving something in the chamber. You know, they've got more for us, because they're not going to blow their load too soon. He didn't use those words, but that was exactly what he meant, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some levels.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so he so I was like, yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 3: Then we go to I think then at one point they do the number thing right and the ceiling goes down, and then the Elvis thing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's cool. The first at first I thought this is cool. It's missing something. It's missing like a three D I think it was lights and smoke or something like that, Like there was a three DL, a four D element that was missing in the whole production that wasn't making it entirely immersive to me. But the first like fifteen percent of the show, I was like, if this is building to something, especially, I am pretty satisfied. Yeah, I was trying.
Speaker 3: I would make it seven percent because we didn't say the whole show, so I would make it even smaller. But I also think just the energy of the show starting gave some gave a little boost. After Elvis, they do like a Viva Las Vegas thing and there's like this crazy like Elvis Vegas Vegas scene that's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it looks like an LSD poster, like a lava lamp esque.
Speaker 3: If you stared at it all day, you wouldn't see everything that's happening in it. There's like dancing ladies, and then there's Elvis over here singing. Then there's Elvis on a bed, there's a woman dancing over here, and that It's just like filled with stuff. It's really fun and it slowly moves down and it kind of almost repeats itself and it's but it's but let me just say. They use the whole screen all the way to stop, all the way to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then after that we.
Speaker 2: Kind of abandoned the screen.
Speaker 1: They just say, no more screen.
Speaker 3: We just say, you know what, We're only gonna use the bottom half of the screen. And then it becomes like they put they'll they'll have like bubbles and then each you Tube member will be in a bubble and it'll be kind of floating listlessly, not even around, like it just stays static, kind of wobbling.
Speaker 1: It turned into one hour of Windows ninety five screen savers.
Speaker 6: My friend I was like, I even preferred to see the DVD logo going back and forth and us cheering when it gets into the corner like it was it was, it got so it okay.
Speaker 3: So at one point I bet Brian one hundred dollars. Wait, was it one hundred dollars twenty dollars? I bought it twenty dollars that the next song they would use they would utilize the whole screen.
Speaker 1: Because they give an hour. It was since the screen usage. It was just like you.
Speaker 2: The screen goes. If you don't know the sphere, it's an egg. The sphere goes hundreds of feet up into the air.
Speaker 1: Let's say, I.
Speaker 3: Don't even know how tall it is. We probably should have done our research. I would say one hundred and fifty feet up in the air. And they're using probably half of it, two thirds maybe, And to use the.
Speaker 1: Whole three hundred and sixty six feet tall three six feet fix, damn it, I was so not close and five hundred and sixteen feet wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they are using a small percentage of that. And I understand that screens are expensive to make these videos. Shooting these things are expensive to make. It is I'm not kidding you. It wouldn't be hard to have flying toasters like windows ninety five flying toasters all over would have been interesting to watch during a whole song because you have a YouTube song, you don't really need much more.
Speaker 1: It's YouTube playing. They sound amazing.
Speaker 4: Do you think it has something to do with the band not wanting people to take their attention off that form.
Speaker 3: Don't go to the Sphere, that's right, Fear, you are a featured performer in the Sphere's main act.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: You do not sign up for the Sphere unless you use the Sphere. I am oud of it about that, and I think every artist should. I think there's no artists that bigger than the Sphere. Every artist should like die to perform at the Sphere because it's such a cool room that you can do so much cool visual stuff with. But if you think you're cooler than the Sphere and you want to tone it down, oh my god, go like you're playing at an outdoor music festival and there's just like there's nothing there like that, it's just you and the band. No, it's not, it's that's not the place to do it. At one point they go where, Okay, I'm not even get to get to the balloon part because I want you to take that one. But one song they're like, and this is towards the end where I am losing my cool and I've already lost twenty dollars because I bet that the next song would have the screen used all the way and it was not. It just like showed a bunch of different words like.
Speaker 1: Flashing the work the screen. It wasn't even that after you bet me the twenty dollars. The next the next one there was no screen at all, and it was we could see the shadows of the lighting structures. It was like it was like the no on.
Speaker 2: I wish I would have taken pictures because there's.
Speaker 3: No footage of this online because I don't know what's going on. Someone's protecting us the truth about that this is disappointing, and people are protecting themselves because people are going to the show and leaving saying it's good, and I don't understand it. There is like an eight hundred dollars jacket you can buy of the show, like at the merch Day. Like people are are are because the thing is, if you invest a lot of money in something, you convince yourself you love it. But I will say if I would have paid over, if I would have paid six hundred dollars per ticket, which I would have paid to go see this even as the YouTube fan I am because I thought it was gonna be that cool. If I would have paid six hundred dollars a ticket, I would have one hundred percent asked for my money back. I would have said, this is this was so not worth it. I know that I would have been wrong in doing that, but I just feel like I was promised something by the general public's like excitement about this and whoever did the press for the Sphere. The Sphere is cool, there's no question, because obviously that Nature documentary is awesome?
Speaker 2: But is it?
Speaker 5: Is it? Brian?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know if I can't.
Speaker 2: Find what all? Okay, as soon as we get to I'm all over the place.
Speaker 4: This is what happened to those people who went to that Willy Wonka festival.
Speaker 2: Yes, but instead they all agreed it sucked. We were the only we left. You left early, and as soon as we're going home, I typed it.
Speaker 3: I googled you two sphere disappointing. Read it, you know, like that's how you find And all it was was people being like I was disappointed. It wasn't longer like that's like it was like I was disappointed in my ticket pricing, and I'm like, can we talk about the screens? And then I've been running into people that have seen it and I go have you seen the YouTube sphere?
Speaker 2: And they're like amazing.
Speaker 3: I ran into the director of F Boy Island, who I love so much, Michael say, yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael say, who loves you, Brian.
Speaker 1: But we did.
Speaker 3: We did some stuff for the new show coming out called Lovers and Liars, a spin off of F Boy Island where there's three guys like it doesn't matter. I don't even know if they've announced it, but it's there's a new show coming on in April.
Speaker 1: They should announce it. Announce it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I just found out.
Speaker 3: Bill Dixon was like, you don't know your show is coming out in April.
Speaker 2: It was like, Noah told me. But I did reshoot for that.
Speaker 3: And I saw Michael Shay and he had seen you too, and I go, Michael, let's talk about it. And I don't give away that I'm disappointed yet I go you too the sphere and he goes amazing, and I go wrong and he's like someone I like really respect and love and I was like, boo, it was bad. I go Michael no, and he's paid, you know, some big money because he went back in twenty twenty three when it opened and I said, Michael, what about the bugs? What about the insects?
Speaker 1: Eyes isolated bugs that stayed on the screen for literally twenty five minutes?
Speaker 2: Got okay, Noah, this is what happens.
Speaker 3: They get lazy at some point, they're phoning it in hard with the screens, and if they decide to do a thing, imagine you are looking. Imagine you were you are a light bulb right on like a big light, Like there's a big light and you are inside the light, and you're you're from the point of view of the light bulb, and you're like a blue light bulb. Okay, and then there's there's a plastic cover right above your head, and then all of these bugs are just like dying on you. They're not even moving, they're just landing, you know, like when bugs like fall into a light and they're just kind of like twitching. That is what we were looking at. And were they were they even clear bugs? Yes, And they weren't even moving. They were twitching. It was like someone and they were twitching in a rhythm that wasn't even original. So it was like they were twitching every two seconds, so it was on repeat. It was the cheapest bullshit I've ever seen. So then but they kept adding them so more bugs would appear until it filled up the whole screen and all the screen was bugs except a couple pierces of blue.
Speaker 2: Light coming through. And then that was the end of the show. That was there.
Speaker 3: That was their curtain, not curtain call, but there was the like goodbye everyone. Then they go backstage, and that they left it on during the you know, in between the encore and the end of the show, and we're just looking at a screen filled with twitching bugs. It is so unimpressive. If someone turned it in as their final art project at a community college in Delaware, they would be set.
Speaker 2: They would sorry Delaware to the.
Speaker 3: State that I don't ever remember exists. They they would be They would receive an f. It was awful. No one could argue. If you are a defender of the sphere, slide into my DMS and engage with me in a fight about the bug scene because the bugs were there in the fall.
Speaker 2: I asked Michael Jay about him the bugs aren't a new addition.
Speaker 3: You have to if you loved the sphere answer for the bugs, because the bugs was such an insulting thing to do to us much lesse aware and don't you dare talk to me, don't you dare tell me about what about Nikki? What about when they pull back the sphere and they show you the Las Vegas strip as if you are as if the sphere isn't there, So Noah, we're all facing one direction in the sphere, right, and so they're like, we're gonna show you what it would be like if the sphere wasn't here, And I'm like, I'm dying to live in a world where the Sphere isn't here. So then they pull back the sphere like they're opening the sphere to show us, first of all, Las Vegas during it's kind of like the daytime, and it's obviously nighttime when we're at the show, so it doesn't even make you feel like you're pulling it back, and it's very obviously like animated again, they're like, the cars are all uniform, going like and they're showing you something.
Speaker 2: That you can clearly see.
Speaker 3: From anywhere, and el it's not they're not giving you a view that is interesting.
Speaker 2: You saw it on the drive in.
Speaker 3: It's like show us a different city, show us anywhere, Show us space, show us the stars, show us a galaxy. Simple, simple ideas. Just floating through a galaxy, dudeling through stars with amazing constellations, moving.
Speaker 1: On things that show you how small the Earth is in comparison to the rest of the dot.
Speaker 3: Yes, amazing idea. I could come up with so many, but that was so insulting. The bug thing was disgusting. Then floating around in bubbles. Even if they lazily just had Bono full screen, just Bono's huge body.
Speaker 2: Show him. I would have gladly taken that.
Speaker 3: That would have looked so cool to have a gigantic Bono.
Speaker 1: None of that.
Speaker 4: It was so ridiculous set because our friend Roland, he went to see that in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: He paid a lot. Everyone is they all gas lit? Dude, they're all gas lit. It's hard. It's hard.
Speaker 2: You can't find a single.
Speaker 3: The only person that you could find that says anything bad about.
Speaker 2: It is fee Yeah up.
Speaker 1: I'll be free anytime after. Oh he's not free right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna read some of Sean O'Brien's text messages though, because this is what was making me laugh so hard. I was literally crying texting him about it. Okay, so this is prior to it, right, he's texting me all the I go, where's the best place to sit.
Speaker 1: For you too?
Speaker 3: He goes, oh my god, this is a steal October pricing insane. He shows me the seed I got is one hundred and eighty three bucks tonight when he went eight hundred and twenty seven bucks.
Speaker 1: Oh my, he paid eight hundred and twenty seven bucks.
Speaker 2: Probably no, but he's the biggest fan. I mean, I don't as.
Speaker 1: I get ill, I don't understand much.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh I do, but yes, it's that's a lot.
Speaker 4: And say, hey to go to Vegas by the way and stay there for yes, also that element.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you're so right.
Speaker 3: It's at tack on another twelve hundred at least, okay, probably more. He says, so excited for you guys, this will be amazing. I love you both to me and Chris. He sends a picture now. He sends the picture that everyone quotes, the one with all the numbers all like the binary code. Okay, that's the one we've all seen where the ceiling falls.
Speaker 2: It looks really cool.
Speaker 3: I'm standing by is cool, but is it as cool as it could be?
Speaker 1: No, it's just numbers.
Speaker 3: It's literally eighties like it looks like you're watching the beginning of the Matrix, some Total Recall or whatever. I don't know, some eighties movie. Yes, yes, the Matrix. He said, did you end up getting your section three or nine for your seats? I said three, ten row seven.
Speaker 2: He goes, yes, can't.
Speaker 1: Wait to hear what you think? You love it?
Speaker 2: I said, I know I will. How long is it?
Speaker 3: He says, They go on at eight thirty six and will be off around ten forty five? I said, I love this pscissificity. I says, does anything happen?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is another part.
Speaker 3: I go does anything because it says doors are seven thirty. I go, does anything happen until eight thirty six? And he writes back Yes. DJ poly D drives around in a car and plays eighties and nineties music. It's fine, but you're not missing much if you're if you don't want to see it, and I said, are you serious about DJ poly D?
Speaker 1: I thought it was.
Speaker 3: I just was like he left it sit there and he goes, as long as you're in your seats by A twenty.
Speaker 1: All is good.
Speaker 3: I said, are you serious about DJ Paul? He said yes, I know it sounds like it's bullshit, but it's real. And I go, that isn't say that he opens? What a gig for him? He said, exactly. We don't know what who d DJ poly d is connected to to get this gig, but all year, okay, if you were just throwing darts at a board of random celebrities and the funniest one you could ever hit would be DJ polyi D. I even said to Chris and Briana, go guess who's opening. Guess pick the most insane person you can think of to open for you two, and you won't even get closer. Yeah, okay, that was pretty good. Okay, Okay, this is me in the car writing him. All right, so this is me quietly in the car, Friday, February ninth, nine fifty five pm, which is seven fifty five. I am devastated that they don't play stuck in a moment, I'm legit.
Speaker 1: About to cry.
Speaker 3: He said, this is why you got You're like, well, this building over here, you're talking about trep about Las Vegas architecture. He writes, I promise you it'll be great, and he goes, I know it's a top five song for me, but you'll recognize a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: I said. I'm fucking sad.
Speaker 3: What a mistake, he says. He says, I promise you it'll be great. The screen is the key. You'll love it.
Speaker 1: You said, the screen is the key.
Speaker 3: Yes, gas lit Yeah, abuse abuse victim. I said, okay, I'll get over my disappointment. Abuse, he says. He says, it's tricky. They have literally fifty plus hits, but they close strong. Visuals are bananas, okay, honestly texted me. Visuals being bananas would have been great. If there was bananas, now we're bananas would have been great. The visuals were not bananas.
Speaker 1: Unless there were bananas on the swings. They were plods.
Speaker 3: Roland, by the way, famously falls asleep at every single show.
Speaker 1: I bet for this when he did.
Speaker 2: He is an arclepsy and.
Speaker 3: He falls asleep in the Roland does hook up for he gets. He's friends with like every famous person no to man kind. He's probably like Bruce Bringsteen's child's godson, godfather.
Speaker 2: Roland falls asleep like in.
Speaker 3: Front row at like kiss concerts like he will, he is he and he's been called out before and like throws Acalypsey, it's.
Speaker 2: So funny, he's adorable. What did he say?
Speaker 4: Noah, okay, So he goes it was not pixelated. It's and then he goes, it's not the greatest hits show. It's the Act Actung Baby album with a few hits. It's amazing. The screen it's insane, And no, it's not pixelated.
Speaker 3: He thinks we're coming at them. We thinks we're coming at about the music. Yes, I was upset about Suck in a moment. Some people have complains about the set list that I've found online. Later on, when I've searched every synonym for disappointment, I found other complaints about the show. But they're all about the set list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking about the screen.
Speaker 3: Roland, Roland's rolland's off, He's he is commenting on things that other people are saying about the set List's just not my complaint.
Speaker 1: He just want ok I want to come at him for the music because I think I think you too, maybe sucks. I think it's maybe the most overrated band in history.
Speaker 2: Oh what's Pat mccaffee, Pat McAfee.
Speaker 1: Well, Pat, it was Pat McAfee's uh sidekick who said that. But I think they're may be the most overrated band in the history of bands. I don't understand it at all. There's a few songs that I like, but for the most part, they're repetitive, they're uninteresting, and I have never on purpose put on a YouTube song to listen to. I have, I've I've also I've put on Stuck in a Moment and maybe Stuck in a Moment. I forgot that was one of theirs.
Speaker 3: The sweetest thing Dun dun dunt dun dua Oh.
Speaker 2: I used to like that song.
Speaker 3: I don't put that on anymore, but I still will play Stuck in a Moment. I won't give up on that song. But you have the same opinion as the guy from the Pat McAfee show. Yeah, and im so. He said this on on Thursday or no sorry and Friday. This was like, this is the they saw the Thursday night show. We saw the Friday night show in Vegas. We watched them do this. Yeah, we realized see this conversation, but this is what we were live there watching them talk about this. But we really couldn't hear them. He says, Listen, I don't want to offend anybody. His last name is Schmid. I don't know his first name. Listen, I don't want to offend anybody. That's not what we're trying to do. We're not trying to offend people and get people upset when we've got the super Bowl in two days. But I got to be honest with you. I thought I was just a YouTube fan going into last night's show, just because you get swept up in the pomp and circumstance of everything, and I thought it was really cool. But I realized pretty quick I'm not a youtwo guy. In fact, i'd go as far as to say YouTube sucks.
Speaker 1: So funny.
Speaker 3: But then he goes on to say the sphere is incredible. Oh, Ty Schmid is his name. He concurred that they both concurred that the ORB venue was phenomenal and that the sphere is the show.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: That is where I'm feeling a disconnect with people. So I wrote to to Sean. I said, this is Saturday, February tenth, twelve forty three am. So we are at dinner.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, we are leaving the sphere. We went to the noodle barn.
Speaker 3: We went to the noodle shop at the wherever we're staying mgmgran and I said, dude, I'm not joking you. We are so disappointed. I can't believe how little they used the screens and they didn't do anything cool with them. There was literally one moment where it was kind of cool. We left early. I'm so sorry to report this. He goes, no, oh, with like probably twelve xmation marks. Fuck me, I'm sorry, you're not wrong that you're not wrong that the screens took a dip in the middle. But I thought this, But I thought that the screen game was strong. The first seven to eight songs and the last eight songs were my favorite part of the screen.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, buddy. I'm brainwashed by this band and so and everything that and so. Everything they do, it turns to gold for me. I take full responsibility as I shot it to the moon. However, I'll check with my YouTube however, I'll check with my YouTube group and make sure nothing was off. I'll go scorch stir, I'll go scorched to earth if there were tech problems.
Speaker 1: I'm really sorry.
Speaker 5: This YouTube group, by the way, are just people online and Facebook groups like you do too.
Speaker 3: He's gonna go check with his YouTube group, and I said, I said, I said, And it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I can only remember two good screens. He said.
Speaker 2: The last five songs are when the screens go they were not going.
Speaker 3: But sir, there is a flag burning in a desert and some doves fly your face.
Speaker 1: They're not going berserk.
Speaker 3: I said, okay, Well we left after the desert scene. I said, we left two songs before the end, and we all agreed there was nothing they could have done to redeem themselves, which is true. We said, there's no I don't care what they do in those last two moments we stayed for. We were there for thirty songs and nothing good happened.
Speaker 1: Besides, right, he goes, they're going to save us by burning a flag. Are you wild?
Speaker 3: He says, bummer, But I understand the last four songs. I thought the screen was magnificent, but they definitely had some dips in the middle. The acoustic part was dumb. No need for any of that. So sorry for my overhyped reaction. I hope you got to enjoy some of the show, I said, Dude, they didn't do shit with the screens for like twenty songs. I said, this was inexcusable, just bugs twitching, and I sent a picture of the bugs, which I will I have to post on our Instagram so people can see. I'm so glad I took a photo of it. He says, I'm looking into it now. They had a tech issue about a month ago and the show got compromised. No, I'll get to the bottom of this. He goes, Okay, something went wrong. I don't even know. I don't even know or recognize that pick. And I said, this was okay, but not good enough. And it was like a bunch of like it looks like there's just like a smattering of like pink come all over the screen. And then he goes, what about this? And he sends the numbers. Then he says the elvis, then sends the doves at the end. I said, okay, yes, I saw the first two, but that third one I think we left too soon for. But in between that second photo and the third photo was legit, nothing good, he says.
Speaker 1: For like almost two hours. He says, I get it.
Speaker 3: I just have such a passion for that band that I can't think clearly everything they do. I go bonkers for ah shit. I'm really sorry, Nick, I wish you had a better time, but I'm glad you got to see him next time we're out.
Speaker 2: For next time we're out, lunch and dinner on me. I oversold it.
Speaker 1: This is on me.
Speaker 3: I said, no, we loved hating it. I said, you weren't the one who sold me on it. I would have gone anyway, he said, Chris hated as well. I said, yes, we we all did, and we are all having a blast trashing it. We are howling laughing at these texts from you, thinking you owe me lunch and dinner for because of Bono's mediocrity. He says, fuck fuck fuck. It's painful, but it's gotta be done. In fact, you know, fuck it. I'm done. YouTube can go to pound sand. They fucked my friends, so guess what they are fucking out cold play.
Speaker 1: You're back. I'm jumping back in the pool. We don't we don't we.
Speaker 3: Something, We don't need this aggravation. Bono fucked us, and now he's gonna pay Ellie.
Speaker 2: He said, I hope that fucking sphere burns to the ground. Fucking horseshit, knockoff ice.
Speaker 3: It's crash, he said, they fucked you. He said, which fucked me. On my recommendation, there will be a two year band of no you two's your favorite band.
Speaker 1: And I mean it.
Speaker 3: If YouTube is in Saint Louis and Third Eye Blind is also there, YouTube can pass in the wind and all go support the blind guys. He says, love you, niky, I'll pick a winner next time with big hugs.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: It made me laugh so fucking hard.
Speaker 3: His passion for this band, and like he had to go check with and he follows up again and he's like, there weren't technical issues.
Speaker 2: They have resolved them.
Speaker 3: I want to know we got to talk about Will you talk about the balloon? Oh yeah, okay, let me just say what I said to Sean. I'm so sorry, I said, Sean, we all agree that you need to answer for the balloon song.
Speaker 1: All right, we know you saw it.
Speaker 3: Please tell us how you defend that, and how you defend in the and how please tell us how you defend that and how you defended it in the moment that night. You cannot forget the balloon moment where he is walking aimlessly around the stage holding a balloon, asking the audience where his keys are, and then going to a door and knocking and no one's inside. And we will talk about the balloon moment, which Brian has a lot of thoughts on when we come back up to this.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back.
Speaker 3: I love that this whole show is about you two your experience, because this about something.
Speaker 1: It's so long. I mean, yeah, someone's got to agree with.
Speaker 2: You can't get to that yet that was a success.
Speaker 1: That's not interesting. I think the worst part of the show, to be honest, is Bono because he does a lot of pandering during the show. At one point he starts talking Everything he says is like some weird phrase from like an inspirational Instagram post that means nothing to anybody and you can interpret it whoever you want. So like, there's one time when he's leading up to a song and he's talking about how you, uh, no one can take away your freedom. He does like this speech from Braveheart basically, and he says no one could. And I can see there's people in the audience who view that no one could take away your freedom thing from this right side by saying like oh yeah, no, one's gonna take away our guns. And then there's people who view it from the left side who are like, oh, yeah, no, one's gonna take away our right to have abortions. But he never takes a lane. He says stuff like that that means nothing to He's not taking a side either way ever, right, and then at one point he starts complaining about how expensive the hotel rooms are this fucking wired during the Super Bowl weekend, as if he has bought a hotel room in the last hundred years.
Speaker 2: Making a point about capitalism.
Speaker 3: And I think he said we you know, maybe he was even saying, like, we know how much you spent to be here, some giving some kind of nod to that.
Speaker 2: It might have been that he says, even we.
Speaker 3: Know the hotel rooms were so expensive, something about the to the lose he is on orbits, checking, comparing and trying to save.
Speaker 1: He's trying to relate to the public. Oh, I know how expensive the hotel rooms must have been being Super Bowl weekend, and is that's so annoying?
Speaker 3: No, but he was even like, I like that because you can still be privileged and acknowledge how expensive things are. He said he was looking for a hotel room for his band. That was my problem?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 4: Noah said, isn't he also part of the problem because you two is also there that weekend?
Speaker 1: No, no, give about that that weekend.
Speaker 2: It was definitely yeah that that.
Speaker 3: I've never been somewhere where everything is about one thing more than like it felt like Lola Palooza.
Speaker 1: There was a reminded me of going to like a music festival for football, though it was a festival for football. I loved it. But yeah, he was He was like, I went on Expedia dot com and try to find a hotel and it was four hundred dollars. What about his thing about science and art? Everything he said was bullshit? He just it was so point. He started rambling. He was rambling the entire time. At one point he thanked Steve Jobs out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I missed that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was just like I want to thank Malala. I wanted to thank all of the immigrants, all of the ref.
Speaker 2: And it was very like there was It felt like he wasn't the most lucid.
Speaker 1: But no, and it all came to a head during the balloon thing.
Speaker 3: It didn't feel like he was like had a mental condition. Or he was on anything. It felt like this is what happens when you are in gosh so cool. Yeah, like your brain turns to mush.
Speaker 1: No one has been correcting you or telling you that's lame or that makes no sense for problems.
Speaker 3: Inside, like this is a sunglasses inside mind.
Speaker 1: That's right, And it all came to a head during the balloon.
Speaker 3: He's a good person though, like he was talking about AIDS again and stuff, and I think he's done a lot of good work. Like I think ultimately, I think he's just his brain is mush because he's too famous.
Speaker 1: That's probably right. And but what he says, they're they're frivolous phrases that they mean thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they see they dumb people think he's taking a stand and representing them, and that is.
Speaker 2: That's America now, baby.
Speaker 3: It's just like everyone's scared to take a stand, so you just the.
Speaker 2: Smart people, which he could be smart.
Speaker 3: He could be just towing that middle line very yes, elegantly, But I don't know. I think he just I think he thinks he's smarter than he is a little bit. But I really wasn't couldn't really hear what he was saying. Most of the time, but that balloon thing where he so there's a song where he has a balloon.
Speaker 1: There's they dropped round a big rope from the ceiling at the very long.
Speaker 2: Point three hundred feet up.
Speaker 1: They drop a rope, and we're like, what the fuck is he gonna do? Is he gonna do acrobatics?
Speaker 3: That was cool, Katie or a pink perform on this road? Like is he gonna spin around? I thought of the I thought there's no way that was gonna happen. Chris said said something to me about like he's gonna like attach himself to do him Like, no, he's an old man, that's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But I thought something cool could happen.
Speaker 3: But instead a balloon appears on the screen, and not like a real balloon, which would have been cool, like a photo graphic looking balloon, like it almost looks like there's an actual balloon in the room. It was a cartoon drawn obviously, like really crude.
Speaker 1: Drawn balloon, like a kid drew it.
Speaker 3: Like a kid drew it, yes, And then this rope is attached to it, and then he walks around a little stage that is probably like twenty feet by twenty feet and he walks the perimeter of the stage, and then on the stage the real graphics start to show up, and there's a sidewalk that starts to move like an animated sidewalk that looks like a treadmill almost, and he's walking so it looks like he's walking more than he is.
Speaker 1: And that's where they chose to really.
Speaker 3: Spend the money on the graphics was the little slice of sidewalk on the stage while we're watching a balloon that someone drew with their left hand in the dark on a chalkboard and an old child. It's like the ugliest thing. And then he's singing about well, I don't even know what the song was about, but then he talks in between the verses and what.
Speaker 1: Was he saying. He's just holding the rope, by the way, the rope is useless. It's just I'm holding a rope now and apparently Brian rope.
Speaker 3: They've reworked that song so many times because I went into some YouTube subreddits and was like reading about people's interpretive because people think YouTube YouTube fans are sucking, and like, I know, Softie's gonna be really in saying sometimes too, and I guess every stand culture has them, but people that think everything they do is some incredible you know, and that's why he is. And so they were really analyzing that and trying to just pull any meeting out of this just dry sponge, just and it's so funny because because it keeps changing and there's no rhyme or reason like. So they at first he's looking for the balloon and his daughter's no like because I'm talking about earlier once people said that it was like his daughter's balloon, or it was a little girl came on stage and it was her balloon.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: They tried different things with this balloon bullshit, And the one we saw he had lost his keys.
Speaker 1: Right, he's walking around He's walking around town holding a balloon, trying to find his home and saying he can't find his keys. And then he walks up to a door that's not his and rings the doorbell and no one answers, And we're supposed to take that as anything other than he's got dementia. That is exactly what dementia people.
Speaker 3: Do it, Yeah, because then the image on the screen is like a zoom, like you're looking at a camera on your front eye lens fish eye lens, which was cool in the nineties, like to like have a big.
Speaker 2: Image of like someone being like whoa looking in like?
Speaker 1: It was so bad, I find my keys. I guess this isn't my house.
Speaker 3: Sean said, they just keep fucking with it. I said, what about the balloon thing? Are you two fans talking about it? First of all, he said, here's the problem.
Speaker 1: It was on the edge.
Speaker 2: His wife was in on it, edges, the edges of the star.
Speaker 1: Player, right, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: So. I asked about the balloon thing from him, and he goes, well, the good news is I missed it because the band just got over COVID, so they didn't do it. So he did they had just gotten over COVID, so they didn't do the balloon thing. He said, oh wait, that was about something else. He goes, those motherfuckers, I thought they dropped that bit.
Speaker 1: He's so mad to here it's still on the thing.
Speaker 3: He goes, here's the problem. It was the edge. His wife was in on it. Bono wanted no part of part of this hopscot nonsense. He was literally doing hop scotch holding this rope, but he didn't want to offend the Edge's wife, Well, fuck man, here we go. Let's just prance around with this nonsensical balloon and next bring out a seesaw. It was a fucking abhorreent, but I gave him a pass to keep the wife happy. But to bring it back this is repugnant and I need to rethink this band altogether. Fucking next year, the drummer is gonna start jumping rope drink during a guitar solo.
Speaker 1: I'll tweet it.
Speaker 3: Some people, and he goes, I'll tweet it some people and do some damage control. So he's gonna ask around. He said, Okay, here's what I found out. They just keep fucking with it, meaning the balloon song. The second for the second show, a girl was swinging from the rope and fell out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he says. The whole thing is fucked.
Speaker 2: I can't believe they brought it back.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I just nothing.
Speaker 3: When he was so apologetic about it being bad, I was like, Sean, I don't think there's any more joy. I think hat it has brought me so much more joy than loving it.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 3: Like as much I really wish I could have loved it, I wanted to have an experience. That was why we did it. But like coming out of it, I just do. I do feel so removed from my fellow man though that I can't find one person echoing the same sentiments. But thank god us four we're all together because Chris and I can kind of get of the same mind sometimes, you know, I think couples can do that when you watch something and you can just like get into each other's heads about it. But thank god it was four of us who had all the same experience, and you, you and Allie were mostly talking and then me and Chris like we weren't all. It wasn't til the end of the show after we left that we were all like, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we weren't like feeding.
Speaker 3: Each other throughout it, except when I bet you twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: No. Ali hated it. I couldn't wait to leave. I was hoping we would leave early, but I didn't want to insult you because you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm I'm all for a leave early. And that was although I didn't not leave early for the first time ever at my my tenth Taylor Swift concert, which I attended in Melbourne. Final thought, I went to see Taylor Swift three more times, twice in Melbourne, three once in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was gonna be two.
Speaker 3: But then our friends had tickets to one of the Melbourne shows, and then I had tickets to the other one, and we were all going to go together.
Speaker 1: To one of them.
Speaker 3: And then when I found out they had tickets to a separate and I thought we both had tickets on the same night. So I was like, oh, yeah, we'll use whoever tickets are better and sell the others or give them to our friends. But then I found out that they had tickets for a different night, and they were like, we'll just go one night, and I go, I'm sorry, like I can't have a chance to go see here. I like, I have to use I'll buy those two, like I'm going both nights. So we went both nights. I went best nights, So did my friend back. She went with me both nights. One night I went with her and her boyfriend and his sister, and another night we went with all her friends.
Speaker 2: We had a may seats.
Speaker 3: It was so good and and for the eleventh and tenth and eleventh show of my Eras tour, going you know, seeing the show I stayed for the whole show. I've never stayed until the very end because I'm scared of like mass exoduses.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just you know, like Noah, we even loved.
Speaker 1: I kind of like Karma.
Speaker 3: I like I liked leaving and dancing to Karma as I leave, But I've never been in my seat and like waving at her when she goes away, and liked when she introduced when she says thank you to the band and everyone. So it was really fun to say to the end. And it wasn't bad getting out at all. I was scared of nothing but Ilia. I did leave on the twelfth show early because there was an uber situation we had to attend to.
Speaker 1: But I left during Mastermind. If if Swifties are listening.
Speaker 3: And that is the time that you you only need to leave during Mastermind, You're gonna miss Karma. But like, you will save yourself hours if you leave during those. But I also understand if you don't want to. They were amazing. They were just that she was in the best mood. My girl is in love. I have not seen her since she's been like very love and like people who are in love are just happier. You know, like they're just gonna be doing like she puts on the bush like I would never It was not remarkably noticeable in any way, but she's just like killing it.
Speaker 1: She's so amazing.
Speaker 3: And I also this weekend was doing the sound mixing for this is a Swifty segment.
Speaker 1: I was doing the.
Speaker 3: Sound mixing for my special and I saw like a reputation poster on the wall and then it's like Taylor Swift's been here, right, and they're like, oh, yeah, she was here for Eras And I was like, you did sound mixing for Eras. He was like I was like you did, and my sound mixer, Brian was like, yeah I did. And I was like, oh my god, tell me every anything. And of course he has to sign it NDA, so he couldn't tell me anything. But I was just like, where was she sitting? Can I just sit there? And he was like right there, and so I moved to that chair and I was like here, and everyone in the room was kind of.
Speaker 1: Like chill out.
Speaker 3: But I was like, I couldn't the chairs move around a lot in there, so I couldn't be sure it was the right chair, but it was definitely the right like thing I was like leaning on and he just said that she was, you know, he said, whatever is true about her, which is like she just knows what she wants and she's so professional and she's just the pro. And then I asked him, which he has no right to tell me, probably, but I asked him on you know, on the secret songs, the surprise songs, which are the ones she does acoustically just with her piano, just with her guitar. There's no backing vocals. I said, did you have a little so and song so those like you know, for I would expect if it were me for my concert film, I would maybe redo the vocals on that if I thought any of the vocals weren't top tiptop shape.
Speaker 1: And he goes, not.
Speaker 3: A thing, fucking straight up her voice, little thing. That's my girl.
Speaker 2: I fucking knew it.
Speaker 3: She's the best, and she does you know, some pretty intensely vocal songs. For those two songs, it's just so amazing. I'm just like so, I was so in awe, but it was so cool to be in like the same space as where she was gonna be.
Speaker 4: And just update for our besties. Do you have a name for your special Oh yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can say it.
Speaker 1: No, no, you don't have to say it. Oh yeah, oh I have.
Speaker 2: I've landed on a name.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it was came from I've told you, right, b yeah, Brian, you know it.
Speaker 1: I don't think the song. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you remember the name of the song, it should be called Stuck in a Moment, because no, it's uh, it's yeah. I like the name, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So now I know the name of the song. Is that even a that's a surprise to the song itself.
Speaker 2: I wrote a song for the end of it, but.
Speaker 1: I don't make it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna make it a surprise to most people.
Speaker 2: I'm not like, it's not clear.
Speaker 3: Like even the sound editor Chris at one point was like, you know, this is Nikky singing, and he was like what really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the goal. That's that was my experience, and I think that's a good goal, is for people not to even realize it's yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I want.
Speaker 3: I want people to like shazam it and be like what is the song and be like, wait, this is NICKI Like, I didn't want it to be like and then here's Nicky's song. But yes, it is the end of my special. There's a song that I wrote and I'm super excited about it, and it's the name of the special. And yeah, I'm finally totally done with the special in the can delivered sign sealed delivered.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that is coming out within some months and you'll all be able to see it and the besties will know is my song. But that's that's okay. But I think the normal viewer will just be like, what is this song?
Speaker 1: What else? Oh?
Speaker 2: Noah got married?
Speaker 1: You're gonna save my wedding for the last three minutes of the show.
Speaker 3: We're really gonna get into We're gonna get into it, into it right now, so I just want to acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: But we will get into it.
Speaker 3: We have a lot actually to get into on the next couple episodes. I was trying to think of what I wanted to share from today. I'm purging my apartment. That's been fun. I'm just getting rid of so many things.
Speaker 1: Looking behind you, I don't see anything. Oh wait, because you're zoomed in.
Speaker 3: If you looked in front of me, you would see so much shit. There's like my bed frame. I got a king sized bed that's been fun to sleep on.
Speaker 1: Oh, you get a new mattress.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did get a new mattress, and I'm happy with it. It's like, fine, what is it?
Speaker 1: It's a Strava Strava I've ever even heard of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just told me her sister liked it and that she bought one and liked it. So I was like, Okay, boom done for me.
Speaker 1: Mattress gait is over. I have found my mattress finally.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: It is simply a beauty arrest, a beauty rest black. And I realized this when I was at hotels for a while and I was like, you know what, I think I just need a regular mattress that people use like and hotels are just like a mattress for everybody. It doesn't matter, you're gonna like.
Speaker 3: It so special like cooling tech chnology exactly.
Speaker 1: I went on so many mattresses. I went through several temper pedicks. I went through Latex.
Speaker 2: I feel like men do this.
Speaker 3: They over they over analyze products before they purchase them, and they have to try them all to research and they have to like, yes, there's so much research, and there's so much like I'm gonna Chris will buy, like like for us to go to a Grammy party. He spent five thousand dollars on clothes just to try them all on at home because he didn't really have a lot of time. But like he likes, he'll spend a ton of money, just like, let's just get everything and see what we like.
Speaker 2: To make sure we have the best thing. And that's how I found me How what what well?
Speaker 1: I did that for my wife too. I went on all those dates you did.
Speaker 2: Do you do this with other products?
Speaker 3: Do you research and research and research or do you just like wing in Sometimes?
Speaker 1: The reason why the mattress became such an issue was because I would sleep on the bed. It would make me feel like shit, and so then it became a thing I would do a bunch of research. But is your whole life you felt you sucked like shit? What have you always been? So if you recall the first ever mattress I got in la Is when I moved here. I moved here for not safe, and I didn't have a mattress for a while, and then I did the production card for perfect for your your end card, and I did Chris's end card and he gave me five hundred dollars and with that money, I purchased a some mattress off Craigslist and that was my mattress for like six years. And it worked for you when.
Speaker 2: You gave that one up that you started to have the issues.
Speaker 1: I gave that one up and then I got another mattress that was like King Coil and it was fine. Other reasons why I got a new mattress, but I got a new mattress and I started to have issues when I tried to start to figure it out.
Speaker 2: But the beauty rest black beauty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the black beauty, the beautyress black. It's amazing. It's just exactly what I want in a mattress. And what's great about it is that many hotels have beauty rests. So if I go to a hotel and I sleep there, there's no adjustment, there's no adjustment period. Whereas if I had like a temperpeedic or a latex and I was used to that, and then I go to a hotel and I sleep in a regular mattress, it would probably take me too sensitive.
Speaker 2: Noah, do you do you?
Speaker 1: Are you the sensitive to different mattresses when you go somewhere.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm not as sensitive as Brian, but he does have a point because I have the temp Repeedic and every hotel mattress that I've been on is inferior.
Speaker 2: To it sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just a little harder to enjoy it. Yeah, the beauty or rest is amazing. I know that it's like the most standard plane mattress you can but it's also black, and so I think that's pretty cool that it really is black. It really is black, and I love that.
Speaker 3: And it's a pole street because they get such stains on them, so disgusting. Oh yeah, I have this new pillow case that I have that's black and that thing is probably disgusting looking, but you would not know.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I love black clothing. I love Yeah.
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 3: This weekend we were shopping somewhere and he was like, there was some white thing that he wanted me to get that was so cute, and I go, no, like, heay, it's white, Like we both know, like that's not for my spray tan life and my make makeup.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Noah, do you wear can you wear white things? You wear lots of makeup.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 4: So for our wedding, I'll tell you the quick story. We just wanted to have like offics because we were going to dinner and stuff and we don't, like, we haven't really bought nice clothes because of the pandemic. So I told Aviy, I'm like, just get light stuff because we're the bride and groom and that'll yeah, like it'll just be easier that way. And he was freaking out. He's like, I'm gonna get this stained. I'm spending so much money on this shirt. It's just gonna get stained. I'm like, who cares a side pen? Yeah, I have I have laundry detergent at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, can you stop blabbing about your wedding. It's getting really tired.
Speaker 3: We were going to talk about the YouTube sphere on this episode, and it's like, Noah just had to hide a moment in the spotlight. We get it that once a bride always like.
Speaker 2: You're not a bride anymore.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will get into know his's wedding next week on the show, as well as many other things.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Come see us this weekend in Philadelphia in Ben Salem, Ben Salem, and then in Portchester, New York, which is.
Speaker 1: It's what close to Pelham, New York.
Speaker 3: Has a airport right that I don't know. I don't know either, but I hope that I don't fly there on an Airmax seven or eight because I read a.
Speaker 1: Report and now I'm scared.
Speaker 3: Even though I'm not someone who's ever scared of flying, I read something that made me scared of flying. But I'm not gonna let it be scare me because the odds of that happening are really slim.
Speaker 2: And if I do die in a plane crash, I'll be okay, It'll be fast, all right. Thanks guys for the show.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time. Don't take that bye,