Speaker 1: Welcome back everyone to Golden Hour. Thank you so much for joining us. I'm Susan and.
Speaker 2: I'm Kathy, and I don't know we got we got. We've got things to talk about today. First of all, you're getting rain and we're not. I just want to I want to put that out there.
Speaker 1: Monsoons we are burning up over hair.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and three today right now, one hundred, one hundred three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Texas. I remember I lived there.
Speaker 2: I know it's so hot. I'm ready for fall when it drops down to eighty five.
Speaker 1: I'm still enjoying summer. And everybody's talking like it's oh, it's almost over. It's early early August. Still for me, I like, I don't want it to end.
Speaker 2: You never want summer to end.
Speaker 1: I'm fellows, but I've got a lot going on, Kathy. My emotions have been way up high good to as low as you could get.
Speaker 2: Anything you want to share, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think I shared with you before. My daughter is they're starting a divorce and my grandchildren are really suffering. And anybody out there that's listening, you know what that's like. As a parent, You're only as happy as your unhappiest child. You know what I'm saying, It's not easy. It really isn't easy. It wears on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, here's hoping that, you know, they'll get it squared away. And because kids, I think no one's asking my opinion, but I think kids are better. I don't think you ever stay married for the kids.
Speaker 1: I don't know you shouldn't stay all right, Well, but let's get on that.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, this is your news. Now we got to get into Bachelor Nation news. So the first one is my lovely neighbors who I adore, Katie Bigger and Zach Shallcross, who I now call her Katie Shallcross just to be difficult, but they review why they haven't worn wedding rings for quite some time. And of course the it's it's it's always the story headline is always bigger than the actual story, which is they were having their rings resized and Katie has a marquee diamond. I saw it, so she got her ring on her first ring, you know, when she got engaged to Zach on the show, and then he decided to repropose to her. Much like Kate.
Speaker 1: The rest of the young ones.
Speaker 2: Kelsey and Joey just did the same thing. So he gave, of course, acted an even bigger and more beautiful ring than she got on the show. And I guess he'd had the wrong size in it, uh when he when he ordered it for her. And so I think they were in Europe when he reproposed. But I've seen the ring and it is glorious. So does he wear his? Yeah, I think they were both having the resized and he was doing something different with his ring. I think he was adding something or whatever. They were just doing something a little bit different with their rings. But you know, if anybody thinks that these two are not happily married, they moved into their new home. I'm trying to We're trying to get a date together where they can come over for dinner because you know, we live in the same town. But they're talking about starting a family. I mean, they're gonna have a lot of great news this year.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we should have such a problem that our rings are being sized, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell you I've had my ring sized twice and it always goes bigger for my arthreadic nasty little fingers. What else what else we got going on? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, now you know We had Juliana on our podcast just a little bit ago, and I know we were digging is there something going on with that relationship with Mike? Are you engaged? She would not tell Boom headlines. Yeah, confirmed, confirmed, wedding place, admit ongoing engagement rumors. And it's so funny to hear her talk. She's saying like Mike is going to be the bridezilla, not her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he does special he's as a special event planner, so he will be. But here's here's I have to tell you know, sometimes I'm a little bit of a sleuth. Juliana. By the way, Juliana, I think we've said this a million times. She grew up in my hometown. My sister knows her uncle. Juliana, when you're listening to this, you've never gotten back to me about your uncle. But whatever. She posted a picture the other day in address and she was twirling using like carousel and I may or may not have stopped the video and there's a ring on her left hand.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, no no.
Speaker 2: Do you remember she wouldn't say she asked, she wouldn't tell us. Yeah, Well, I think she is engaged, and Juliana I'm calling you out. If you don't want people to know, don't do videos of yourself with that ring show on your hand. But I love that she said, I plan to bring you all along for the wedding ideas that may not be typical. And I love that because you know, if you're an event planner, that's your job to make every event special.
Speaker 1: And and he's in it to win. It's his own wedding. You know, everything is going to be special.
Speaker 2: I don't know where they're going to get married, but I can tell you she comes from a huge family and they'll all be their big Italian family.
Speaker 1: That's going to be a fun wedding, Kathy. So yeah, the one I'm bringing you two at the end of this month is not Italian, so you can't even judge. Will there be cocktails, There'll be plenty.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun, It'll be a blast. And who knows, mister Wright, maybe they're waiting for me. And Okay, our last story we have, Debbie. Okay, this, I have so much to say about this. Debbie, Debbie, Debbie, shame, shame, shame. Debbie Seabirds reveals she almost got catfished in a dating scam and she's telling people to be aware.
Speaker 1: Wait, Paul, one second pause, Yeah, the words almost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost, no, no, no. I'm struggling with the fact she even got you know, he the guy even got ten seconds into it. Debbie, let me first say to you. I've told everyone on this podcast. I'm gonna say it again. Never give a guy your phone number, anything that's traceable. Get yourself a Google phone number. If and WhatsApp, you see, my friend is attached to your phone number, So once you give that, he can trace you. If you use anything other than a Google phone number, you are traceable.
Speaker 1: So you real ask Kathy, you're one of very few that use a Google.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what. I've never been catfished. I've never had a guy ask me for money.
Speaker 1: Even having your phone number doesn't mean that they're not going to do that. You're just lucky you didn't stay online for years and years and a year.
Speaker 2: Listen. She said that he wanted to take it to telegram. I don't even know what that means, but here's just what she wrote. I don't know what she meant. She said, WhatsApp and telegram. The only thing I get to give telegram is to telegraph him some money, but there was she said, there was only one picture of him. Come on, Debbie, I love you, you're beautiful and you're smart. One picture in Italy and you and she goes and he was so good looking, which I'm sorry, Susan.
Speaker 1: I'm hard to get every time.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't. It never gets me and anyone if you are almost catfished by a guy who has one picture who's asking you to go on to a different app, and you're like, oh, he's so good looking. I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sorry, wake up and smell the copper.
Speaker 1: Said flag. Let's switch to this so we can chat.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, exactly and so and.
Speaker 1: Debbie wasn't used to being like she didn't know any better.
Speaker 2: I understand. But here's the thing for me. We are of an age where we are responsible for our own safety at this point. You know, we don't particularly we don't have men, you know, walking blocking the sidewalk for us. We are responsible for own safety. If something doesn't smell right on the internet, like, hey, can we take this on a different platform? Chat right there? Debbie almost catfish it would have been cyonara, good bye, see you. And in fact, I have a little story that I wasn't planning on telling, but I'm going to. I had a guy reach out to me. I think I told you this, Susan, but this goes along with this. I had a guy reach out to me a few weeks ago on Facebook. We had some mutual friends, and all his pictures I verified him he was right. But we were talking and he wanted to go on, you know, on a different like to my phone. I said, no, no, we're good here. Let's just chat for a little bit longer and then I'll give you my phone number. Literally. The next time we chatted, maybe the third time, he asked me what I would wearing.
Speaker 1: Ew wait, wait.
Speaker 2: I burst out laughing. I texted back, just for giggles, tell me why you're asking. I'd love to know. And he said, because I haven't heard your voice yet, and I kind of want to put a vision of face and I look, and I wrote back, you have a face. All the pictures are on Facebook. And then you know what I did, block and delete so that I wasn't almost catfished, like when something doesn't seem right, it's not we are responsible.
Speaker 1: Maybe just maybe you're smarter than the average bear.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, Okay, well this is my pso.
Speaker 1: Online and try to date and they get caught up for a second in a nice picture. She's not thinking.
Speaker 2: Boom, start thinking.
Speaker 1: It just goes right down that rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: I hear you, but I'm saying, Susan, this is the PSA for today. We as women, as single women, as adult women, we're at a certain station in life. There's people out there. I get texts all the time from thirty forty year olds saying, Oh, you're beautiful. I'd love to have a relationship with you. Know what I do. I don't answer them. I block them. It's we are responsible. So if there's one picture of a guy and they're usually a little hazy because they've taken that picture of they've hijacked that picture from, you know, a different site. It is. It is up to us to not quote go down a rabbit hole and say, oh, but he was so good looking, Debbie, I love you. Call me. I'll give you some other safety tips.
Speaker 1: I think twice before it, just pause before you react. And you know what, a lot of us have been on these and that's the way of the world. But isn't it a shame isn't it a shame that there's that many ugly people out there that do things like this?
Speaker 2: Susan, The list is very long. It's the list is very long of things that are a shame. The irs wants their money every year. I got to pay real estate taxes. I got to get my car oil change. There's a lot of sad things.
Speaker 1: That check today for the school taxes that killed me.
Speaker 2: Along, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Good one for you. Has anybody ever I wish I could played hard to get? You know what they say in the rule of rules, you know, just pause, make them chase you. I don't know how to do that. I never did, But that's what we're going to talk about today, playing hard to get.
Speaker 2: Well wait a second. First, let me ask you, I know the answer. Have you ever played hard to get? No? She said, defenditively. No, Ever, I said not the last Okay, So I played hard to get when I was younger, and you know it was how.
Speaker 1: Young high school? No?
Speaker 2: In high school? Well, you know, I had a couple of boyfriends in high school and I played hard to get.
Speaker 1: How did you play hard to get?
Speaker 2: What? I just you know, like they would call me. I wouldn't answer that kind of stuff, say, oh, you know, I was busy. I was. I had more game then than I do now.
Speaker 1: Forgot to let me. Let me stop you for a second. And you said that because you really weren't interested in them.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I really was interested. But I really was interested. But when we when I was younger, people always said, you know, play hard to get. You'll get the guy if you do. Now we've got all these things like three day rule, don't call him back for three days, don't answer the text. Well, let me say to you, I got a lecture from my daughter. Uh. The other day, a guy that I had seen a few times came down ill and I said, I we just were texting. He said he was ill. He was canceling something and I said, oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Can I bring you some soup or something? I can just leave it. My daughter went had apoplexy. She goes, mom, he has not earned the right for you to take care of him. And I said to my daughter, Caitlin, I'm a nice person. I bring soup to friends.
Speaker 1: Nice gesture.
Speaker 2: Well I got I took hell for it. She said, Now you're and you know what she might be right. I haven't heard from him since then, so who knows. But I I think that I hate playing games. And some people say, oh, you know it, it adds mystery, it makes you look more mysterious if you if you do that, I might want.
Speaker 1: To come across too available, and blah blah blah blah blah. Just say oh no, I can't. I'm busy, but I can maybe next week or something. I never understood it, because why would I put that off if I am interested? To me, that's a game.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. But I was talking to him with you. I don't either, but it hasn't worked well for me recently. I was talking to k about it, my good buddy c K. And he was like, Kathy, you got to play the game. You got to play the.
Speaker 1: Game, he says. And that's a man saying he did.
Speaker 2: And then he's but then he told me he doesn't play games. I was like, uh, you're sending mixed messages here, c K. I don't know. All I know is that if the men that have been really interested in me, it didn't matter if I didn't answer the phone or texted right back. They were really interested and and.
Speaker 1: If you get a text, do you like make them wait a little?
Speaker 2: A little? I don't answer right that, but but it is my question. Yes, but even an hour or two, but not I don't wait two or three days. Here's my philosophy on playing hard to get. I think that if the guy is into you, the games don't matter. If he's not that into you, then you can try playing games, but he's just not into you, and and the roles the same thing, if that's I'm telling you and are singing the same song. I think that when you're younger and you're first learning how to date. You know, when we were in the in the sixties and said, you know, when we were kids and we were dating, I think then it was learning how to date. And I think then you wanted to be seen as really special. You wanted that guy. I think. I think that's if you will the school of dating that we all went through.
Speaker 1: Well, do I think some of some of it's mysterious or they're playing.
Speaker 2: I I'm I'm about as mysterious as a lead pipe. So I have no idea. But I do think some women I've known, they say that, they'll say, you know, I want I want to be a little mysterious. I want to be a little bit. You know, they're not sure what's coming. They have to it's keep them guessing, keep them on there.
Speaker 1: I read the books. They all say to do it. So, so how about what if you go on a date and the man does not reach out for three days? Do you think that's too long after going out?
Speaker 2: So this happened to me and I said to the guy.
Speaker 1: You will kick him right to the curve. You haven't heard from.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't came to the curb. But when we had our second date, I said, I was surprised to hear from you. And he said what I said, I didn't hear from you for like four days after our date, And he goes, oh god, no, it's just so busy working. I had a great time and we had a great second date. Now I haven't heard from again.
Speaker 1: So but are you feeling weren't you feeling that insecure kind of moment? Like, oh I thought we had a good time.
Speaker 2: I really, it wasn't insecurity. It was not in security, Susan. I felt like WTF. It was like WTF, Like you know, you said again, I'm gonna have this tattooed on my forehead next week. Watch what a man does, don't listen to what he says. And I and so you know, this guy can tell me all day long, how pretty I am, how interesting I am, how much funny he has, bad bah blah. But if you're not hearing from him, if he's not you know, if taking out the trash is taking up his time more than sending me a text.
Speaker 1: All you you answered, and you went on a second date. That was three days. You waited, so right, But I'm saying, what's your limit?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, honestly, I can tell you I'm but I know I'm not hard. I know I come across as a hard tough woman. I'm not. I'm a realist. It's why I have a Google phone number. I don't mess around deal with you.
Speaker 1: Hard and tough. Yes you are.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm not I look that way. I'm a I'm a I'm a if I care about someone, a guy.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that I'm jelly in his hands.
Speaker 2: Of course, Well.
Speaker 1: Three days and you're usually you as you said you were, WTF and and then boom he calls.
Speaker 2: Or no, I'm I WTF because his actions belied his word. His words were, oh my gosh, you're wonderful, You're beautiful, but you're so smart. I have a dated woman is smart? D oh really, because, like I said, you must be having a great time watching the grass grow or backwashing your swimming pool because you haven't been reaching out to me.
Speaker 1: And he said that to him.
Speaker 2: No, because here's what happens to me. I'm very different from you, Susan, and I don't know, like my standard for me, not for everyone. I am very intentional about what I say and do. So if he yes, So if he reaches back out to me, I'll wait the same couple hours, i happen to be going out of town and I'm going to say, oh sorry, I'm going to be out of town for the week. I'm not going to say but I'll be back next whatever. In other words, I start building up the fence. I was open, wait, let me finish. My heart was open. Now I'm not sure I can trust you. So now if you're you got to earn it back. And he probably doesn't want to, and that's fine.
Speaker 1: Now for me, say I'm going to reverse the role. Okay, okay, say somebody's doing that to me, and that's how he answered me if I was asking and he didn't leave it open that but I will be back da da dad. That would give me Okay, well, maybe we'll do it when you get back, but when you get it out like that, and just I'm going to be out of town this week, that sounds to me. And I know we shouldn't assume, but that would be My first thought would be, well he's not interested.
Speaker 2: Well fair enough. I could say, yeah, okay, I could say, oh, sorry, I'm going to be out of town this week, but can you know, but next week I have a few open days something like that. I'll be What I'm not going to say is I'll be back at six o'clock on Sunday night and I'm available Monday.
Speaker 1: At noon pick me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, And I you know people say if you're too available and you know you're too eager, you hurt your chances to get the guy. That may it. Well, I got to say to you, if it's true, I'm not going to get the guy, and I'm okay with it because I'm not Susan. It's the same reason I don't lie about my age or how my husband died, I don't lie because if you lie about that, what else are you going to lie about it?
Speaker 1: And so do you think back in the day, like when people did it then and we heard all those sayings, you know, if you're too available, they think you don't have a life or you don't have anything else going on. People would say, no, I had to wash my hair, like are you serious?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that used to be a thing, my sister.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, I will tell you I had two sisters that were very popular in high school and they literally they just ran through those guys and they did that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, they just were like, well, I think they something.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry at our age, Susan, if we're going to flip our hair when you can't. But you know, I'm going to play.
Speaker 1: Hard to get at sixty nine years old. There adress it all together.
Speaker 2: I you know, like I said, my daughter said, Mom, you're being too interested. You should look less interested. And I said to Caitlin, I, first of all, I'm as you well know, I am very picky about who I'll go out with because I don't waste time. You know, I'm not dating guys on the internet who addressed in the United States naval uniforms, pretending that he lives in Italy for that. Yeah, I'm not doing that. And so if if pretending, if I can't be myself, if I can't show someone I'm interested and have them not run away, well then he's not. He's not meant for me. But you see, I'm secure in who I am, and I think you are as well. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't play that game. Yes, and I don't know if I'm interested. I'm all in. I'm interested, right, so I don't know. I'm going to tell the truth. I'm busy. Yeah, I played the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. I guess. For me. The weird thing has been the guys that have been really interested in me. And I thought this guy really was the vibe was he he was? It didn't matter if I answered the phone or didn't answer the phone. They were calling an hour later, Hey are you okay? You didn't pick up like they were chasing me. Whether I answered the phone or didn't answer the phone, they called me the next morning, they would text. It was like they were all.
Speaker 1: In quickly and it didn't matter be But I call that being real and what I read and what I hear today in the world. You can't. You shouldn't be real. You should be so little mysterious, make them wonder, make them want you.
Speaker 2: Like okay, So what's the most important, Susan being real, being confident, being mysterious.
Speaker 1: Confident and real.
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree with you, but you know here we sit.
Speaker 1: So let's try it a different way.
Speaker 2: So I think we should be mysterious, not answer the phone for you know, ten days.
Speaker 1: Do you know, Kathy, I gotta tell you a story.
Speaker 2: This is good.
Speaker 1: I tried. I tried. I read all these books, I listened to all my friends. Don't be so available. When I would have a phone number, and I would really like, we went out a couple times, and then he wouldn't call for a little bit, and I was so anxious I wanted to text it. I would delete their number. I would give it to my cousin and say you hold it in case I ever need it. But I didn't trust myself because when I think about somebody that I like, I'm going to text them. I'm just going to say hey, I'm thinking about you or whatever. So I would delete the number to try to play this mistakes.
Speaker 2: Okay, So wait, the guy that we're talking about with me where I've not heard from him, you would reach out again and text him and say hey or whatever if.
Speaker 1: You would really had a good time and you thought there could be some thing between you. He reached out the first two times, yes, I would.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, after he said he was sick, and yes.
Speaker 1: And I would have checked up on him the following day and said, how you feeling are you? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, uh no? To me, I think my daughter would have decapitated me if I don't.
Speaker 1: I know you're thoughtful, but to me that I would think, well, she don't even care. If you told somebody you were sick and you couldn't go whatever, and they text you the next day, just check it in and see how you feel like I do with you or you doing with me. That is thought. That's nice.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree it's thoughtful. I just don't think people. I don't think it necessarily means anything to him or to some men. And I will tell you back, I am assuming, but what I what the last text was when I offered to bring him something, he said, no, I'm good, thanks so much. I'll let you know if I need something that told me leave it alone.
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't need anything, but you could just check in and to me checking in to see hey, just check it in and see how you're feeling. I hope you're feeling better. That is not more than a caring individual.
Speaker 2: Listen, I agree, But I unless he was dead, god forbid, and and he's and he's recuperated, I haven't heard from him. And I'm a very logical person, So I think about his intentions. His intentions were either just to go out and have a couple of dates, or he's got a stable of him, you know, of women, and I'm I'm in the next round. You know, my number hasn't come back up again yet, or he's not interested because if he's well, if he's better, if he would have reached out.
Speaker 1: How long is it passed? The three days since then?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, and and so and so I'm okay, I'm okay with that. I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm a little surprised based on what he said. But you know, I read these things that say women they play hard to get. They they set these you know, traps for men to try to coax them into calling them or or getting another date with them. And I'm like, what that sounds like a lot of work for nothing. But but here's what I really truly believe. Here's what I truly believe. Women will go. I don't understand. I don't understand what happened. We had such a great time, Ladies, don't overthink it. He's just not that into you. And I'm saying that to myself too. There's nothing happened. That's the point. Nothing happening. You know what it may be, But I think that it's gonna serve me better believing that way. And believe me, if I hear from him, I'm not gonna there's not gonna be any retribution. Wow, I'm not going.
Speaker 1: Out with you because I chase a guy.
Speaker 2: Oh just not really. I never had to chase a guy. Just one guy, the guy that my love of my life in high school. I I after we broke up, I was really I kept breaking up with him and he kept taking me back. I was an idiot, and and then he didn't take me back, and then then it was the chase was on to get him. That's when I learned my lesson. See that was like I was gonna make him work. You know, that's just that's what I mean about high school stuff. You know. All right, I can't handle this dating talk anymore. I want to move on. We are going to do our Golden hotline, which, if you loved Susan's in my opinion on playing hard to get, you're gonna love our expert golden advice Today.
Speaker 1: I want to know how many out there really do the hard to get game. If you do, could just send me some notes?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what, text email it we always say, you know, reach out on Bachelor Nation dot com slash Golden Hour. That's what we want you to do.
Speaker 1: We want to hear, but write to us like I want the tips. I want to know how to do it. You're gonna have to spell it out for me, black and white for me to try us. And if it fails, I'm going to hate you for it.
Speaker 2: And so if Susan plays hard to get, I'm here to tell you I'm going to make homemade French dinner for everyone in the world and I don't. All right, go on, let's do the first question.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to our first one. This is from Katie from Portland. Hi, ladies, I met the most amazing man last year, and I've honestly never felt this compatible with someone before. We have the same sense of humor, the same values, and we genuinely make each other happy. That's so nice. The only issue is that he absolutely wants children, and I don't think I do. We keep hoping one of us will change our mind, but neither of us have. We love each other enough that neither one of us wants to walk away, but we're also scared we're delaying the inevitable. Is love enough when your future goals don't line up? That's a big one.
Speaker 2: No, this is so easy, This is so easy. If hell so, it's two again, I don't to me, this answer just comes right to my brain. Katie. If your boyfriend wants children, and he knows he wants children, and you know you don't, you have two choices. You can have one and resent the fact that you had when when you didn't want one, or you or and or you could get married hoping you'll change your mind, or stick with him hoping you change your mind. Here's the problem. If you don't change your mind, your core values are never going to line up. That is, family values are not going to align with your boyfriend. So when you say we're scared, we're delaying the inevitable, you're already telling me that the inevitable means you are prepared to walk away, or he is, or you both are. So if you are that adamant, if you're that rigid, if you are so resolute in the fact that you do not want children, then let them go, because that's not fair to a man who wants to have children. Let him go. It is if it is the inevitable, because you're not going to change your mind, let them go. What do you think for me?
Speaker 1: When I read it? She said, She don't think that. She doesn't sound one hundred percent that relationship sounds so perfect. But it's once again the C word, the communication word. You have to have the down to the nitty gritty bear I have. What if we get married and we're loving our life and I decide there's no way, will you resent me? Will you want to end that?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can know that. I don't think you can know that. I think someone, she said, I don't think I do. But that's just we keep hoping. But here's what happens. We keep hoping one of us will change our mind, but we haven't sure the possibility is there that one of you will change your mind. So keep dating and see if being a mother grows on you.
Speaker 1: But a lot of women know for a fact that they don't want children period. Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Mean so do I. But I also respect the fact that that the man does. I think it is more likely that you, Katie, may change your mind. When a guy wants kids, he wants kids, and so I would encourage you. I don't know how old you are, but you know, if you're in your thirties and he's in his thirties, he's going to want a family and he can't date you and have a family. So you know, that's one of those hard things. I love you. Like we talked about in another podcast, love is not enough, Katie. If your values don't align, it's not likely going to be a good marriage.
Speaker 1: And a lot of times, Kathy, it's the men that decide they don't want children and women, you know, they do it the dirty way they get pregnant. Anyhow. You know, it's something that's big. It is big, and you know what, You're right, Katie to ask that question. And I really think you should really talk a lot about it and do some self searching. Yeah, and you know about it. Then you got to be straight with them.
Speaker 2: You got to be straight, and that means letting him go so he can find the woman that wants to have a family with him. It's a hard thing, but that's goals. That's when you. We talked on another podcast, Susan about is love enough and you said yes, it isn't. I said, no, it isn't. And this is a perfect example when love is not enough. I truly believe that Katie and her boyfriend love each other, but the resentment will grow. He will want a family, so let us know.
Speaker 1: Goode so bad, don't have multiples.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you just told a woman who doesn't want children to have children. I'm moving on.
Speaker 1: Okay, they sound so perfect together.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Katie, when you have it and you're not real happy having it, send it to Susan because she loves at sixty nine, she'd love to raise another child. I mean, why not, it's only one Katie?
Speaker 1: Good luck, honey.
Speaker 2: All right, this next question, oh, this is from an anonymous We love anonymous questions. Yep, Okay, I've been seeing someone for about six months. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is how often he talks to the girl before me. He insists they're just friends now and that there's absolutely nothing romantic left between them. Would this bother you too, bother me? Bother me anonymous?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, bother me, he would.
Speaker 2: It would be deleted, she'd be gone out of his out of his contacts. Or I would say, hey, listen, you know what, I think you might want to reconsider getting engaged. Re engaged to her. I wouldn't put up with that for five minutes.
Speaker 1: Ask me where I really you can't let go? I mean, you have to talk to them every week. I wonder who broke up with, who ended the engagement?
Speaker 2: And do you think I care I would, I could care less. I mean this comes under the category of when something smells like a dog, looks like a dog, a dog, it's a dog.
Speaker 1: And she says it makes me uncomfortable. It would miss me off, okay, forget uncomfortable. That would just piss me.
Speaker 2: But you know what, here's the thing that I think a lot of women in relationships. You know, she thinks he could be the one, so she's trying to play the.
Speaker 1: Dog tries hard.
Speaker 2: This This is called a boundary, and it's a healthy boundary to set. And so don't don't sit there saying am I being insecure?
Speaker 1: Insecure? If they ran into each other and he was nice to her and they chat it for a minute or that that I get. That's insecurity that you can't stand one time. But this is going on weekly. They just hang out and text each other.
Speaker 2: No, okay, he's gonna be or I'm a hard nosed bitch. I really I'm hard. That would not make me insecure at all. I'd be sitting there going, I'm a queen. I'm a queen. I have a friend who says to me, climb to the top of the mountain and stand there and wait for the guy to come to you. Don't don't be. Don't be, you know, don't be repelling down the mountain, lowering your standards. This girl, honey, you do not need to be insecure about one little thing. What he's doing is bad behavior. And I wouldn't put up with it for two seconds, not even two seconds.
Speaker 1: So maybe she thinks he could be the one. Does he I mean, does he think it? Oh that's a great he still talk I don't know about that. Well, by the way, Anonymous, just don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Let let me say one other thing. You're absolutely right, Susan, we don't know if he thinks she's the one. The other thing is, uh, they've only been dating for six months months, And what do I tell you, Susan, The first six months of dating. This is Kathy's rule. The first six months of dating anybody is the honeymoon. Everything is wonderful. He doesn't burp, he puts his socks in the hamper, the sex is great, he brings your flowers. That's for the first six months. Never usually never a fight. Between six and eighteen months is when the real person starts to show who he or she is. Look at this guy at eighteen months. At eighteen months, and Susan, you can dodge for this, can't you. At eighteen months what you see is what you get. So if you don't like what you.
Speaker 1: See, it sixty months proof. I am living through it as you speak, and that will take up on yet another podcast.
Speaker 2: So that's so that you know, that's my advice to you. You Russian things. At six months, you can't possibly know if he's the one.
Speaker 1: No, you can't though I love this part where girls google it, I actually understand this week.
Speaker 2: I love it. All I can say is I love answering these questions. I know I seem hard sometimes, but I think you and I do give pretty darn good golden advice. So if you want some of our advice, please please opinions, questions, thoughts send them all to Bachelor nation dot com slash Golden Hour. We really want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Remember I told you I actually know some of them under I understand the gals google it now.
Speaker 2: Oh you're kidding. Wait, this is the world's coming to a first one. Okay. The first one is a body tea, and that means a physically attractive, fit or sexy body. It's used as a direct compliment to say someone's body looks amazing. So like her body tea. That's a short way of saying her body is tea, using tea to mean hot or good looking. Now, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say, I have never heard anyone talk about my body tea. The only tea that they're talking about with me is English morning breakfast tea. That's English breakfast teath. I mean seriously, a body tea.
Speaker 1: I mean they use that words. Build the tea, Give me the tea, Give me the tea. That sounds like some of the ones we've had of the time I've questioned you, like, please explain it. The next one is snatched. Now that even sounds like, yeah, she's hot, she's got it together. That outphit looks so good, right right? Snatch being very stylish, attractive, or on point, similar to saying an outphit or makeup looks flawless.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have I've heard it used. I heard that word meaning something else when we were younger. Well, body part for women snatch, yep, no, without.
Speaker 1: Past tense snatched of course.
Speaker 2: Well it just shows you how pop culture is changing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, like sharp features like a sharp lifted face, or the makeup you know, and the makeup artists do us and we feel like supermodels. And have you snatched?
Speaker 2: Have you ever ever said to me, Kathy, you look snatched? Never?
Speaker 1: I would vomit if you didn't know, but I was. If I'm Fashion Week or Milan then Paris Fashion Week, I say, damn, can use it. But we're old. We don't use those words.
Speaker 2: I'm say a minute, I have a sharp I have a good jaw line sharp.
Speaker 1: You and your daughter both I'm the same exact.
Speaker 2: So I'm snatched. I'm gonna stay with that. You know.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, pictures of me and I could say I was snatched for that moment.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: It was a good angle. It was in the in the moment, photographer.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm going to say to you, it's it's so hard to learn these words, to spend the time learning them, you know why, because tomorrow they're gonna be different to.
Speaker 1: Not even learning them. I won't probably use them, but if I hear them, at least i'll know what the hell they're talking about. I won't seem like.
Speaker 2: I want to know who comes up with them. Seriously, Jesus, I always come back to the movie clueless, isn't it? You know? That's not a word? Whatever, fetch fetch, that's that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: Like that's when the doll got the ball.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly, go fetch the ball. It wasn't fat but that. I love that line in the movie because I'm always like.
Speaker 1: Who, I'm going to stop you?
Speaker 2: Who is mean?
Speaker 1: Girls?
Speaker 2: Damn it? I know it was me and girls. Remember she says fetch, it's so fetch, and she goes, it's not fetch. That's not a thing. I mean, I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Say words that my grandchildren look at me. I go, do you even know what that means? And they go no, maybe, like what what is that? What?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: It's so normal for me, like describing something or I can't think of it off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just like, you know, it's cool.
Speaker 1: They go, oh, oh yeah, awesome. Cool.
Speaker 2: Those I mean, those are archaic at this point. But I just think that people I don't know where these come up, where they come up with these titles. But here's what I'm telling you, I'm personally, I'm not going to bother spending too much time learning them because next week it's going to be a whole new set. Next year it's going to be a whole new you know, vocabulary.
Speaker 1: It's it's the generational thing, like we know things from our generation that like what Faith said earlier about how we were raised when she said something about the Playboy channel, but and our mothers taught us, yes, you cook, you clean, you do the dishes, and you take care of the children and sometimes they have part time jobs too, and where today's it's com completely different, so of course the lingo is going to be completely different. However, Go Go Boots came back.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you know I didn't like them the first time. I really don't like them. The second time.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 2: I know you do. I'm just sticking with my cowboy boots. That's what I you know, the difference.
Speaker 1: It's the same boot cats, same length boot Anyhow.
Speaker 2: I learned these for about two seconds and I'm like, yeah, except snatched. I didn't know what that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one I knew. And body tea I kind of got it. That's like a guy thing would say.
Speaker 2: I don't think a girl would say it, wouldn't they.
Speaker 1: No guy, I think somebody sexy.
Speaker 2: I think a girl would use it with another girl. I mean, what do I know. I don't have body tea, so I'm never using that word. Thanks everybody for joining us on Bachelor or Golden Hour. We had such a fun time, and now I know that Sin is Narboll Snatched.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I can't say body tea anymore. I take a good picture sometimes. With that being said, please make sure to rate review, and subscribe wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 2: And you can follow Golden Hour on social media at Bachelor Happy Hour and at Bachelor Nation.
Speaker 1: Absolutely see you next time.