Speaker 1: Hi, guys, welcome back to I Do Part two. It's your celebrity mentor Jenfestler.
Speaker 2: And I am here in Las Vegas at Bravo Con. I'm so excited to be here, and I'm even more excited for my guest today because everyone knows her, everyone's talking about her, and she is a little doll. Hello to Britney Babeman. Thank you so much, Brittan, thank you so much for coming on. Oh my gosh, I'm so grateful to be here. I'm very excited to meet you, to see you.
Speaker 1: You're doing good. It's fun to see you in the flesh. I know. I actually give you a real hug. I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: So you probably know now this podcast is about part two. I've had my own Part two. All of our guests have had. He's not really well. We were separated for year and a half, so we call that our part two. Yes, anyway, not about me, So you is not what about you? I mean usually I like it to be, but I'm gonna focus on you. My friend got to go. So you I believe you've been married twice. Yes, okay, so tell me a little bit if you wouldn't mind about how it feels how, you know, just going through marriage twice and yeah, I just don't know and a little bit about those relationships.
Speaker 3: Honestly, if I could go back and do it again, I would do it the heatherway, the Heather Gay way. Yeah, hey that kind of rhymes, the Heather Gay way, and just like focused solely on my kids.
Speaker 1: There were so many things at play.
Speaker 3: There was you know, low self esteem coming out of that first marriage and wanting that validation that you know, I still am someone. There was also this really strong element of I want the kind of family that I deserve, and I want my kids to have the kind of upbringing that I had, So I want to find a partner that will be a parent and equal, you know, Like I just wanted get that, just the traditional family that I was raised in, and I thought that I had found that and it couldn't have backfired worse than it did.
Speaker 2: I've gone through many periods in my life where I've needed validation from men and where I've made men a priority. Yeah, and when my husband and I were separated, I wish looking back that I had just had they were there always a priority, But I probably wouldn't have done the whole thing in terms of like my children and I don't know, separating from Jeff. But that's okay because here we are to tell the story.
Speaker 3: Here we are exactly with scratches and scars, and hopefully we'll just I don't know, gosh, hopefully all wounds can heal.
Speaker 2: Yes they Yes, what I'm it's what I'm banking on bringing on. I know, I know that they will, and the new wounds will come, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yes, new deep wounds will come. So what do you like got you through the divorces?
Speaker 2: You know, it's so devastating what you learn about yourself those marriages ending.
Speaker 3: You know, Just man, that's a really really good question. What did I learn so much? I mean, I feel like I'm a completely different person. My priorities are totally different. I think that I've learned to not care what anyone else thinks. And I'm looking back, I'm really glad that for the moments I wasn't always perfect, but most of the time I took the high road, whether or not they were doing the same. Yeah, And I feel like at least I can feel good about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, your side of the street was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my side of the street was as clean as I could make it, and you know I was. I did my best to be kind, and sometimes that came to bite me in the butt, you know, came back to hurt me because I was I wasn't protecting myself enough. But still, looking back, I'm still glad that I didn't change who I was intrinsically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, because it is They say you can get divorced it, yeah you can.
Speaker 1: And divorce is a bitch oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And to choose to be classy rather than bitchy is always the right choice.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think that's again. I don't know why it always has to be about me, but I remember, but I was separated. It was so important to me to never bed mouth yeah my husband in front of the kids too. Let's be kind anyway again, not about me. Well, I wasn't always.
Speaker 1: Perfect at that. It's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've got my daughter here with me, sitting in their room, and for that, truly, I am sorry. Sweetheart.
Speaker 2: I have to say I met your daughter earlier, and I didn't meet her in distress, and I think I was just like a little taken back.
Speaker 1: You're so adorable and pretty and sweet.
Speaker 3: Yes, a beautiful journey and for that I truly apologize Olivia for not, you know, always being perfected, always speaking like you said, always taking the high roads.
Speaker 1: So he said I would digress.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well here's here's that's the news flash for Brittany, for my daughter Rachel. No parent is perfect. I am not, and she my daughter, will not be. But we love you guys unconditionally anyway. Yes, So, I don't know if you've heard of this guy's name is Jared Osmond. I don't know if anyone ever asked you about him. Have you ever spoken about him before?
Speaker 1: Has he ever entered your life?
Speaker 3: I was scared to say his name because I just I did my hair today and I don't want it to get wet.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm not. It's is that fair have anything to worry about with me? Okay?
Speaker 2: You don't having drinks in hand? Nothing, not interested in that. No, we're not on the same franchise, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Okay tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just a little bit about where you guys are right now, because you know, we're.
Speaker 3: Friends right now and we're really really really good friends at the Friendly Platonic Okay, okay, really like it's it's a beautiful place to be. He makes a fantastic best friend. He's my emergency contact. He really is like a like just a really good person, And I feel badly that no one gets to see that.
Speaker 1: Side tough for him. It's so hard on him.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it breaks my heart to see how it breaks his heart, because he really gets he's the butt of all the jokes, you know, and I just because I know they feel badly about that, I do too.
Speaker 1: Actually, I feel badly for my part in.
Speaker 3: That, really because I wish I want, you know, to defend him more, because he deserves that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of sucks for him now that I'm thinking about him about it. What do you think it is about him that has drawn you in?
Speaker 1: Though? So many times?
Speaker 3: His kindness and generosity. He is literally the most generous person I've ever met, Like if I need anything anything, like I mean, I'll give you one example if I had a window blow in. We had this really strange mini hurricane in Utah last summer and I window literally blew in my house and the rain started coming in.
Speaker 1: And who did I pick up the phone to call? It was Jared. I get that.
Speaker 3: It was literally like ten o'clock at night, he dropped whatever he was doing. He's probably on a date because we were broken up at the time. Yeah, and he came running to my house and he and I and my dad spent the whole night mopping the floor up with towels and putting out fans. And he got his contractor guys in the next day, you know. I mean, he just he's just that kind of person. Yeah, I mean my emergency call, so I get that. What do you feel like about him, Olivia?
Speaker 4: I like him as a person and I don't like him as a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: For my mom, I think.
Speaker 2: I dig your honesty. I dig how you take it. That's very cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that they're bad together, okay, and I think she deserves better.
Speaker 3: But talk about like the rescuing that he's done for He's done a lot.
Speaker 4: Of nice things for me, Like my car broke down and he I called him and he came to the rescue. So yes, like, he definitely has good traits. And I think that if they're platonically best friends for the rest of their life, that's great. Just not platonic best friends that make out every once in a while.
Speaker 1: What but the makeouts are so good.
Speaker 3: I wants to hear that I have non comital makeouts occasionally.
Speaker 2: God, Betty ever kissed my husband on the lips in front of my children and they're twenty three and twenty five now, they like turned to stone.
Speaker 3: No made that mistake once before, haven't I.
Speaker 1: I've made that a city how many times? And not many times? Many times?
Speaker 4: One time he's coming to Bravo coon maybe and he wants to maybe put a mustache on and walk around and see if he what what Bravo cons All night?
Speaker 1: I told my mom is I'm going to be third wheeling this trip now? No, no, no, you are not. You're not because you're gonna be with me. I'm gonna come find you and the wheel. You're not going to third wheel. I promise.
Speaker 4: We even have a signal if you feel like you're a death glare, listen.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. It means, stop making out with your boyfriend me. Here's here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Everybody here is going to be watching her and making sure that she's watching you.
Speaker 1: I think pressure is on. It is my god, you're throwing me. She's here because she wants to be with you, and which I just absolutely get it. And what did I say when you said your feelings might be hurt this morning? What did I tell you? I don't remember, Yes I do. I think.
Speaker 3: Well you said, you said, well, why can't you just do everything you can to shut it down and tell him not to come? I said, okay, done. I picked up my phone, and she's like, well wait wait wait wait wait, maybe he can come. Remember I was ready to shut that down, okay. And I'm not the one that invited him. He said that he was going to come, which is by.
Speaker 2: The way, And Olivia, you are going to know this. We all deal with it differently, falling in love, and it's you know it. It can be messy and it could be overwhelming. And do you think that it's so maybe hard for you to be alone?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm of course, yeah, yeah it really is. Yeah, a lot of women find it very difficult. It's not it's not that I don't love being alone. I actually love being alone in my house.
Speaker 3: Just the toes, and it's just you know, I love peace and quiet. But it isn't that it's just like what do I do when my window blows in? I mean I sometimes you just.
Speaker 1: Need a person.
Speaker 2: There's actually this thing. They're called a handyman, and what you do is you get money and then they come over. Okay, but find a handyman. It will drop what they're doing and come over at ten o'clock at night. I know, but I like to think that Jared has a million other things that you make you fall in love with him than just that he's going to come over.
Speaker 1: It's not that.
Speaker 3: It's literally I don't know what it is. I think we honestly, you want the honest truth. I think we trauma bonded because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know how you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know how we met. Do you know how we met? Please tell me? Oh well, let me tell you a little tale.
Speaker 3: So one day I met my office, my home office, do to do working, and I get this phone call and I pick it up.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, it's Jared Osmond. I'm like, oh hi, how you doing?
Speaker 3: And he's like, well, not well actually, and I was like all right, I'm like for I've never met him in my life, right, And so he proceeds to tell me that his fiance is now dating exclusively my husband.
Speaker 1: That's how we met. Oh my god. So yeah, at that time was he your husband or was her? He was my husband at the time, get out. No, have you told that story on the show? I don't know that I have. I mean I would suggest you do well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I mean it was why he had already served him papers and he wasn't he had been removed from the house with a protective order at that point. So for me it was not as traumatic. But for Jared, I mean he called me two days after he found out that they were shocking up, you know, wow, and he was horriboke. We trauma bonded, yeah, right off the bat, and that turned into a best friendship. Yeah, where we didn't even see each other. We talked for hours on the phone, and then we met finally fell in love and the rest is history.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure he took one look at you and the rest was history.
Speaker 4: But that's just me.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Okay. So I know you've had issues with Jared.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like there's been a relationship in your life that has been not as toxic, like, I mean, you were married twice before, but this has just been sort of easy.
Speaker 1: And have you had have I have? I, Livy, I don't know, don't know.
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, the beginning with Olivia's dad was absolutely IOUs. I was to stay home mom for a whole decade, which I I feel so privileged to have had that time. And that really is because he worked his butt off so that I could be a stay at home mom with our kids and that I'm so eternally grateful to him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was it was dreamy for a while. So yeah, I mean that is that is dreamy. I love that myself.
Speaker 2: So so the women have been hard on you, but we're not really talking about that, but I'm just curious. Have any of them tried to set you up? No?
Speaker 3: No, actually, well I think that there was hope that I would, you know, be set up with Captain Jason, but he was having none of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he made that.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, like that real clear, right, I mean I don't do you think he's the kind at want. I feel like he just is floating around and if whoever gets in his way, he'll stop there.
Speaker 3: So if you want like professional, yeah he's really he was so professional like so there was no hanky p I know is I've never seen him, sorry Jeffessler, but that is like that's a gorgeous man. No, he really is, and he's an even he's just as gorgeous on the inside.
Speaker 1: He's a really really good person. He's really good at what he does. Yeah, super Professor Jared's coming, so it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but Jared and our friends. I like to see you hook up with it Captain Jason in front of Jared. No, I would like to see that, right, Olivia.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that would go well.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you, are there any other guys at Bravocan that you would like to Olivia's here get to know?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you're making me blush and asking, yes, I I have a little bit of chemistry with someone else on the show.
Speaker 1: Come on on the show, on your ship, Oh, on the ship. Yes, I don't know all the guys on the ships here too. I'm embarrassed to say, yes he is. Everyone keeps taking the name Mike.
Speaker 2: Is that his name?
Speaker 1: No, No, Mike is adorable. You don't have to say Heather claimed him. Oh okay, I thought he all right?
Speaker 2: Whenever I can't keep up with Salt Lake City, Okay, yeah, welcome to Jersey. We have the same So okay, I've got two more questions. Who do you think in your cast has a marriage worth emulating? Oh?
Speaker 1: Gosh, you know what I used to say, Lisa. I used to say Lisa. But this last you know, when the season mid.
Speaker 2: Trailer drops, I was shocked. Yeah, I literally thought they had the perfect marriage. But I don't remember the I mean, I remember I saw the last episode I saw. Okay, we're not going there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it's I I don't know any more than anyone else. Yes, because she and I aren't really chatting right now. Yeah, sadly, we were really good friends. I am trying to think. I mean, I think Angie and Sean have something really special, right, Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: And lastly, but certainly not leastly, you are headlining your own cabaret show called What About Me and Evening with Brittany Bateman December fifth and sixth in New York.
Speaker 1: Go tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Well, we sold out December fifth, and we opened up the second night because the venue happened to have the night open.
Speaker 1: We opened it up.
Speaker 2: We're almost sold out of that too, am I invented? By the way, will you please come, I'm only over the bridge?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: You to come.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, okay, okay, some YouTube both come please, Okay, I'm reserving seats for you.
Speaker 1: Then, okay, which tell me about it? Which night do you want to? Well, it's it's literally all about me.
Speaker 3: It goes from my childhood singing with my parents and their band when I was four learning and our.
Speaker 1: Peggio in the crib. La la la la la la la. You know I could do that.
Speaker 2: I do see you, and I see you on TikTok. Your voice is incredible. Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet.
Speaker 2: And then you know, it goes to my Broadway days to I mean, I just it just spans my whole career and it's going to be fun and funny.
Speaker 1: I love it. And you know some some housewife references. Yes, we may.
Speaker 3: We're having very many special guests. I love it that I'm not announcing.
Speaker 1: Ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Deals have to be there to see. I'm so excited. Okay, So Jennifer and Jeff Fessler, what thank you? The fifth or the six We'll talk about it after the pod, but we'll be there. I have to look and you guys catch Britney please. It sounds like it's going to be the best, so fun. Thank you for coming on.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm so grateful. Thanks to you.
Speaker 2: Guys. Are you ready to find love again? Keep bringing the wrong partners into your life.
Speaker 1: We can help. Call us.
Speaker 2: Email us all the infos in the show notes, follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast. I do Part two at iHeart Podcasts, where falling in love is the main objective.