Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: Again you Gillmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: It is a hot, hot, hot week and go More Girls News. Amy, wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 3: Well, we had a big weekend.
Speaker 1: We had a very big weekend.
Speaker 3: We've got something big coming up that we're going to tell you guys about. We've that we we are pretty sure is happening almost moments from when you're listening to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll let you. I'll let you pick which one we want to do first.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's what I think I think we should first talk about that. It was a huge weekend with Marvelous Missus masel at twelve and gil More Girls colliding at Pailey Fest. So if you want every single detail, all you got to do is go back and listen to Tara and Suzanne's live report from the Pailey Fest. But do you have some standout things, Danielle, that you really want to want to talk about from it?
Speaker 1: No, mine, I'm more excited about the second, the second story we have, so you tell me, you just wait, you just wait.
Speaker 3: I'm the thing that might make people most happy from the paileyfest is that it sounds like everybody's open to more Gilmore girls. Do you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, you know, Lauren said it a million times, but now we have Amy Sherman Palladino saying basically, I never thought we would do the movies. So it's a lot of never say.
Speaker 1: Never, right, Yeah, it's like when the stars aligne.
Speaker 3: I found this other article that just came out that's also on BuzzFeed that said has a bunch of like go more Girls facts that are super interesting, So I thought we could go over a few of those. Yeah, So it's all the basic stuff that you know at first, Luke was not Luke was a woman. It was supposed to be a woman, you know, some of the things like that.
Speaker 1: And Scott was only supposed to like sign on for like a few episodes.
Speaker 3: And that Alex Borstein was Suki. I did learn that Suki was originally gay.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, No, it didn'n't, that's what I heard.
Speaker 3: We know that the last four words of the year in the Life were originally to be the last four years of the show. We know that one we know about Jess's spinoff that was supposed to be called Windwards Circle in Venice, California. So they talked about that, and it kind of repeats again that the reason they did do it was just too expensive. Oh, we know that Lane was based on Helen Pie and that hep Alien is an anagram of her name. Let's see.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't know that you didn't. That's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to see if there's some other fun facts. Oh, Chris Pine, Ryan Gosling, and Anna Kendrick all auditioned for roles. And yeah, now we knew about Ryan Gosling. I did not know about Chris Pine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that one.
Speaker 3: And did you know about Anna Kendrick?
Speaker 1: I didn't know about Anna Kendrick.
Speaker 3: But I would like to know who they auditioned for, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And who got the and Chris Pine. Maybe it was a Tristan or Dean.
Speaker 3: Maybe we don't know, no, yeah, like or it could be just guest stars. Maybe Scott Patterson was the only actor who auditioned to play Luke Amy Sherman Palladina said, I don't need to say anyone else. He's one percent it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Then let's see casting director mar Casey told vanity fair. That had never happened before. And I credit her for having the vision to know what she wants and to know what works. And I credit Scott for coming in and just completely inhabiting the character the way we all saw it. I mean, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Can I go back to the Ryan Gosling. Yeah, he allegedly auditioned for a small role as a football player but didn't land the part.
Speaker 3: And did anybody. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't remember football, but MAYBEI there was. Let me let me google.
Speaker 3: Another fact line and again BuzzFeed compiled this list. So Amy revealed that she got a lot of weird pushback from the studio on the show about things like why Rory wasn't having more sex or why Loura wasn't being more of a mom, to which Amy replied, because she's in effing high school and not everyone bleeps someone in the bathroom, because that's not what the show is. She's very sassy, that Amy.
Speaker 1: I have the answers to the other two. Anna Kendrick auditioned for a guest spot, and then Chris Pine auditioned to be somebody's boyfriend. Undisclosed as to which boyfriend However, now that I think about it, he would be a really good Marty.
Speaker 3: He would have been Chrispine. I like Chris Pine. He would have been really cool.
Speaker 1: But don't you think he could be a cool Marty like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we would have, and I would have maybe I would have been more into Marty and wanted it to go that way. Kirk was based on Amy Sherman. Paladino's father, Oh was an actor and a writer who would get a different hat and different name each week. So Kirk did the same thing on just about every odd job you could imagine in Star's Hollow. I'm trying to think if there's anything else super exciting in this article, but that's like the that's the main stuff.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: I love that Rory and Lorelei are often seen eating on the show, although I don't think it's the best fake eating it No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's one pee.
Speaker 3: Sex in the City is a lot better fake eating or real eating. On Sex and the City, they definitely really eat. Lauren and Alexis actually started off really eating the food because Alexis told the Today Show it really bothers her when actors don't eat the food, but due to the number of takes they'd have to eventually use spit buckets. They should have nailed that, because that's the thing about Sex and the City. I mean, they really crush the eating. And you know this that they use the set for Pretty Little Liars and Riverdale. Yep. So do you feel that it's time to tell your prediction? Sure?
Speaker 1: So, unless you live under a rock, you've seen the.
Speaker 2: I met you.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have not seen that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, just because I have never.
Speaker 3: Seen it, I would have never seen it had everybody not been texting it around.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. If you're a fan of Call Her Daddy, a fellow podcast.
Speaker 3: Fellow podcast, I love that you're comparing us. That is a big view to say, just like us and just like this this podcast called Call Her Daddy.
Speaker 1: Well this Alex Cooper, the host of that show, has been posting, uh, these teasers of her next guest.
Speaker 3: How many has she posted too? Oh? Now I need to look at the next one. So how do you look at it? How do you look at it?
Speaker 1: If you go in our group text either Amy or Jackie texted it this morning to us. But the one earlier this week was a picture of Lorelive's house. So everyone was like, Okay, it's somebody from Going Girls, and it has to be Lauren Graham.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, now I'm watching it. The second one. They really gave it away on the second one, So give the first one the first to explain what they both were.
Speaker 1: So then the second one is basically Alex Cooper walking into her studio and singing where you lead, I Will follow, et cetera, and sitting in her chair about to do the interview with the guest chair still empty, essentially.
Speaker 3: And the caption said something about coffee, right, yeah, grab your coffee and set your alarms, which might be a reference.
Speaker 1: So I mean, all signs point to Lauren Graham.
Speaker 3: Is she a big Gilmore Girls fan?
Speaker 1: Alex Cooper alleged me, I had no idea, but she is rather excited, she knows.
Speaker 3: She seems like she's losing her mind. She's so excited. Emma said she's a huge Gilmore Girls fan.
Speaker 1: So I mean, this is big, this is really big, and you know Lauren has been doing press, so all signs point to her unless I mean, I'm trying to think, because even yesterday Amy and I were like, maybe it's Rory, I mean, not Rory Alexis Bludell.
Speaker 3: I never thought it was. When they posted the house, I knew, I knew, there's no way, no zero chams.
Speaker 1: I mean, all signs at this moment point to Lauren Graham, and it's getting really at least in literal moments.
Speaker 3: First of all, I do not think Alexis Bludell would ever go and kilbour girls. I mean, sorry.
Speaker 1: Too late for that.
Speaker 3: I do not think Alexis Bludel would ever go and call her daddy. And she's not on this season of the Handmaid's Tale, so I just do not see it. She has no reason to be doing press. I feel strongly it's Lauren.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, no, I completely agree with you. There is a ninety nine point nine percent chance it's Lauren Graham. I don't know who else it could be, but all signs point to her.
Speaker 3: All blatantly obvious lines like if it isn't her, it's going to be weird, very strange teases like what but I mean the exciting it's it's and when does it drop? I mean I know it's like it rosal or tomorrow.
Speaker 1: In moments like literally any moment.
Speaker 3: We're going to need a live report, but I'm not sure she can say much more than I'm open to it.
Speaker 1: But I mean even just I mean, aside from the Gilmour Girls stuff, I'm excited just to hear her.
Speaker 3: Maybe well, you know, some good juicy stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we get some juicy stories. But yeah, we'll report on that sometime this week. Once once it drops and we listen to it and we record, well, we'll bring you, will bring you the Lauren Graham call her daddy news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, great stuff. When does A twelve? That's April twenty fourth, so we're gonna watch that. We talked about the trailer. Now, I saw all the comments loving the trailer, so I may be on an island by myself, but I did not love the trailer. Did we get any comments where people were with me or not? Really? People seem to really like it.
Speaker 1: Let me look, Let me look and again, guys.
Speaker 3: I scammed the comments and it seems that I was in the minority. Now I learned a fun fact from the show Gilmore to Say, which is another Gilmore Girls podcast. That all right, so you know in the opening.
Speaker 1: Scene, yeah, Amy, you are let down. Sorry, I have a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I know, no one agreed they weren't mad. I didn't get a lot of hate. There was one people weren't mad.
Speaker 1: But literally the comment said, yan, yeah.
Speaker 3: See people weren't mad, it seems like, but yeah, they definitely weren't feeling my thought on it. So I saw on gilmore to say, and I did not know this, so you know the very first scene there she goes. It was originally or in one version, Ryl Crow's every day is a winding road. Every day he is a whoe. And they found they have it. They had the clips of each, so they were like compare, So I sure did, and I think they made the right choice going with the song they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, I mean, I do love that show across song though.
Speaker 3: Watch the two versions and you'll be like, oh interesting, because it doesn't mean you'd like the song or not, but it's like way the other version. I mean, you gotta watch it. Everybody watch it and then come back to on this because I agree.
Speaker 1: How long ago did they post that?
Speaker 3: I mean I just saw to this five minutes ago, literally this morning. I mean something maybe my feeds all gray gray, Oh can.
Speaker 1: I can I listen to it right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, stand by everybody.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I know, but it's like they kind of go back to threel am I right that, Like, yeah, I know, zero.
Speaker 1: Zero comparison there. I know it is crazy with any other song that is yeah, no, no comparison.
Speaker 3: Isn't it so crazy? The difference that, just like the song makes huge difference, you know, I know, I know, all right, what else do I want to talk about? I know we've got a Jared PADALUCKI story, right.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. He posted a new Instagram and he hints that we will see him in The Boys final season.
Speaker 3: Which we kind of knew. We sort of have had this information before, like we sort of knew he was doing this, but now he like sent photo from the plane and he's arriving in Canada.
Speaker 1: Crazy photo, by the way, I know that is a really cool photo. Hmm.
Speaker 3: Like I talked about before I tried to get into The Boys, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: But I don't even like it. I never, I don't. I can't even I don't know I've seen this. I haven't even seen a trailer for him, but it just doesn't seem like my vibe.
Speaker 3: It's I got to give it another go because it's kind of up my alley.
Speaker 1: I do love Jared though, I really really do.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, we I forgot this. Oh this is major. We have My Love vent Emilia news.
Speaker 1: Sign me up, sign me up.
Speaker 3: So My Love vent Emilia has joined Netflix's UH show called I Will Find You, which is from someone someone named Harlan Coben. So he is a novelist who wrote I Will Find You and uh he's got a partnership with Netflix and it says Milo's going to be honest.
Speaker 1: When you said that, I thought he wrote the song where you.
Speaker 5: Lead I Will Fall.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought you were saying. And I was like, this world.
Speaker 3: Is so small. I just know for you because a massive Carold King wrote that song.
Speaker 1: Oh he did, Carol King. Carol King, I said, I, you know what, I'm very sorry for everyone that listened to the last minute, don't you worried?
Speaker 3: No, the novelist that wrote I Will Find You is not Carol King, and he did not write the song from Gilmour Girls, but instead he wrote a novel that is going to be on Netflix and Milo will be on it. The story is about an innocent father played by Sam Worthington, who's uh in prison for murdering his son innocent, did not do it. Things are shaken up when he receives evidence that his child is a live and he must break out of prison to find the truth. First of all, you've already got me as that I'm like, I'm in. Then, it says Milo will play Hayden from a prominent Boston family who finds purpose in working for his family's philanthropic foundations. He is Rachel's ex boyfriend. They remain close. Now I'm unclear who Rachel is. But guess what when this comes out a year from now, I'm gonna find out. So it will be on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Ah and I just got to point out that the headshot that Milo is using right now is very steamy. Yeah, great photo, I'm of a Jackie. Please post that on Instagram. The world. The world needs to see the world needs to see that. Oh yeah, we got some mad zuk cre TikTok news.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, yes, so ish. We we saw a video of Matt kind of talking about how he's going to be in Connecticut at the I call it a Kahn? Is it called a Cohn?
Speaker 1: Which one is it's called the Weekend in the Life, which I would I would I would argue to say, is a convention. I I I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: He's going to Connecticut for a year in the life or sorry, a weekend in the life. And what we learned is he his parents and slip exactly exactly. His parents and grandparents are from Connecticut. So I thought that was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is cool.
Speaker 3: It's a crazy good lineup for this thing.
Speaker 1: It is very very cool. Let me just read off the names. Obviously we just said Matt Zukerie, our very own Scott will be there, yan Nique will be there, Todd low, Riol Keble, and Chad Michael Murray, which is always super exciting, and our very own turn Susanne will be heading out as well to cover the entire end.
Speaker 3: All covering their hour on.
Speaker 1: The scene or what I guess.
Speaker 5: The field right or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, reporters and gonna give us all the juice and they'll be dropping episodes that entire weekend, uh, telling us everything that's going on.
Speaker 3: They follow the hot Gilmore Goss everywhere it goes. They create it, they make news because they're right there on the front lines literally covering everything you need to know, so.
Speaker 1: That I I mean, I'm kind of jealous. I want to see Matt zupree. Oh I've never seen him in person before.
Speaker 3: Oh you haven't. No, I like, I actually think this one sounds amazing, Like if you were going to go to any of these things, I mean first I would come to ours at Corner Brothers, but this one sounds really cool. And it's like they have all this fun stuff going on, like they had me at Nitathon.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a Nitathon, There's gonna be a paint in karaoke, pajama jam, there's gonna be bingo and trivia and lots of photo ops and pop ups and all that kind of jazz.
Speaker 3: So yeah, let us know if you're going so we can you can find Tar and Susan dam there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know what I wanted to ask you about. Did you know there's Gilmore Girls Monopoly?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I have been meaning to ask you this. I think they sell at the Warner Brothers store. There is Gilmore Girls Monopoly.
Speaker 1: That's cool. So is the is like the instead of getting Boardwalk, you get Lorelais.
Speaker 3: House, you get like Kim's Antiques Docie's Market.
Speaker 1: That is really cute.
Speaker 3: I know, Emma, can you order these? A couple of these so we can check it out? Oh my god? And guys, because i'm today.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. Although my brain is not sharp today, I'm I'm not sure I'm going to get any of these. I wonder what go to jail is? Is it just go to jail on the monopoly board?
Speaker 3: What would be the one place in Starr's Hall you don't want to go?
Speaker 1: Richard and Emily?
Speaker 3: What would I not want to go to? Okay? Why does Michelle need Lorealize help when she's when he's okay? Sorry? Why does Michelle need Lorealize help when he's babysitting Davy?
Speaker 1: This was classic Dagget and mum please jump in. I don't remember. Was it changing diapers?
Speaker 3: He accidentally rolled the baby under the bed? God? Who is the naked guy outside.
Speaker 1: Rory's dorm room? Marty? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, who does Emily take to Yale in hopes that he'll hit it off with Rory? This is hard?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wait, I remember this. I mean it's like it was it to the party, or like actually to Yale.
Speaker 3: It's a friend's son named Graham so it says, who does Emily take to Yale and hope that he'll hit it off with Rory? And it was a friend's son named Graham. And I vaguely remember this. Finally today, what film does Taylor want to show at the movie in the Square? Event? I remember this because then remember Rory Loverli tried so hard to get a different movie, and then they ended up with this movie. Which it's a movie I've never seen, but I do have.
Speaker 1: It's not like Kirk's movies.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: It was The Yearling Oh, God would Never Have Gone, which.
Speaker 3: Is a movie from nineteen forty six set in the backwoods of northern Florida. The story concerns. The story concerns, that's a weird way to say it. AI on Google the relationship between twelve year old Jody Baxter and Flag, the fawn he adopts. When the fawn cannot be stopped from eating the family's crops, Jody's father forces Jody to shoot Flag.
Speaker 1: That does not sound like good.
Speaker 3: He must not do it, He must not do it. Does he do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, does he do it? At the end? I don't know, but now I need to know. Oh, my gosh, why would you ever show that movie? Oh my god, my lord, I never want to see that movie. That is awful.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well on that note, guys, good stuff, happy ending, guys.
Speaker 1: Sorry, today wasn't my you know, sharpest sharpest moment.
Speaker 3: Isn't your problem. We just ended on the year Lan Whiche. I have to say nobody should go see. If you feel like watching a movie.
Speaker 1: You do not recommend almost.
Speaker 3: Eighty years ago, do not let it be the Yearling. My goodness, whoa wow, I am in shock at the ending. I mean, let it go, just let it go. Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, Well that's news. More news coming to you this week at some point.
Speaker 3: Once that's worse than The Champ. Do you know that movie The Champ? Oh my gosh, it's like a Ricky Schroeder John Voyd classic, and I'm pretty sure the Champ dies and he's like, no, Champ, it's awful.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's awful.
Speaker 3: I don't like a movie with a terrible sad ending.
Speaker 1: Or violence someone be into like Saw. Sorry, Scott, sorry, that right. I just like not into that stuff, like the gory kind of things like just really turn me off. Like I do not like watching that.
Speaker 3: Well, good, good show.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, well that's the news.
Speaker 1: We will be back.
Speaker 3: Sorry about this episode.
Speaker 5: We do really good episode.
Speaker 1: We will do better next week.
Speaker 3: We'll do better.
Speaker 5: We'll do better, we promise, everybody.
Speaker 1: Don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com