Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to go to a studio because we can't have no Aol on our show.
Speaker 1: Welcome home, y'all. I hope y'all got all of that. That is what I'm used to. The breading from Angela Rye. You have Angela Rye and Gilliman. Today we have the one in homely Joy and reads from joining us as special guest. Native Lampod is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with Reason Choice Media. And we just want to say, welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 3: Welcome home.
Speaker 4: We are real. Beyonce say today.
Speaker 2: Hey no, we're talking about joy An Red.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this is episode.
Speaker 5: Too.
Speaker 1: So that girl, you do look good. You look look like you've been drinking your water and money your business. That's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 6: Moisturize mine in my business and hdrated.
Speaker 7: Mine out last week.
Speaker 1: But really beautiful, Yes.
Speaker 6: I keep mine until Martin Luther Christmas. Y'all did Martin Luther christ When the Christmas come then I'll take.
Speaker 3: It in you and b car.
Speaker 1: So our main stories today, Our main topics for today are unrest and protest in Minnesota. Unfortunately, we were taping last week when the shooting of Rename Good happened, So we want to delve into that a little bit. And we're also going to talk about Trump's attacks on civil rights. I don't know if you all saw this, but Trump thought that all of our parents and forefather's efforts weren't vain during the civil rights movement because all it did was punish white folk. But before we get to that, we have an amazing new part of our show that we call uh N s f W. Wait a minute, no, not say for that's not what it is. That's that's what it should be. But it's for your situation, for your situational awareness, that's what it is. F Y s A. That's what it is. So today we're going to get into a couple of things. We're going to get into the Federal Reserve under investigation. I don't know if you all saw, but Jerome Pole, who has served under four count on four United States presidents, received criminal sub penis because he's not willing to go along. To get along with this White House, we have Minnesota. Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is suing DHS. Andrew has been steadfast on making sure that our state wide elected officials do something. We'll question this and see whether or not that is enough where we need more. The Clinton's my homeboys and girls, all of ours. I guess I think I think all four of us are still on good terms. I ain't sure. We'll figure that out. But the Clinton skip testifying to Congress about Epstein and they risk contempt. Comer's gonna have a lot to say about that. My video today that I love Drew Ski's viral video making fun of mega church pastors with his Christian lubatans own because he is Christian and he is walking on the blood of Christ. I love it all. And then we're going to allow the person who does this better than I, but Joyanne Reid. We'll be able to toss to hers today, which is Robin Kelly announce his articles of impeachment against DHS Secretary Christy Nome, and we'll have a I have a comment about the whole Olympic face Mari Largo face, but that will be my comment on that. We'll we'll let you all talk about the substance of it anyway. Let's hop right into it. Let's hop right into it with our Federal Reserve under investigation. We'll get into this a little bit deeper in our mini pop but I wanted to bring it up here.
Speaker 8: On Friday, the Department of Justice served the Federal Reserve with grand jury subpoenas threatening a criminal indictment related to my testimony before the Senate Banking Committee last June. That testimony concerned, in part, a multi year project to renovate historic Federal Reserve office buildings. I have deep respect for the rule of law and for accountability in our democracy. No one, certainly not the chair of the Federal Reserve, is above the law. But this unprecedented action should be seen in the broader context of the administration's threats and ongoing pressure. This new threat is not about my testimony last June, or about the run of of the Federal Reserve buildings. It is not about Congress's oversight role. The Fed, through testimony and other public disclosures, made every effort to keep Congress informed about the renovation project.
Speaker 1: Those are pretexts.
Speaker 8: The threat of criminal charges is a consequence of the Federal Reserve setting interest rates based on our best assessment of what will serve the public rather than following the preferences of the president.
Speaker 7: This is about whether the Fed will be able to.
Speaker 8: Continue to set interest rates based on evidence and economic conditions, or whether instead monetary policy will be directed by political pressure or intimidation.
Speaker 7: You know, there's a reason we never hear or no to fa atch areas rights to themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing that's crazy about this is he literally is going after every political enemy. And this time it's not somebody that's on the other side of the aisle. It's somebody that is non partisan, has a non partisan role adjacent to the federal government, a quasi governmental agency, and he still is going after them. Now they're saying it's about these renovations, the renovations that they got in a back and forth about.
Speaker 4: You all saw that news conference where.
Speaker 2: Jerome Poulli was said, and they seem like, nah, it ain't it. This is now about that. They're saying it's about that, But really it's because he won't say, oh, you want lower interest rate, no problem, boo, I got you.
Speaker 4: That's what this is all about.
Speaker 1: I think the people have to understand the import of Jerome pile Just briefly, the Federal Reserve is one of the most powerful entities we have. He was appointed under Barack Obama, served under Donald Trump, served under Joe Biden, served again under Donald Trump. Has never met with a doesn't report to the president. But they set monetary policy. I saw you want to jump in real quick. Joy.
Speaker 6: No, absolutely, no, keep going, But I think people need to know this context, so go for it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I was just they set monetary policy, mortgage rates, etc. All of those things are so important to the way that we operate in our cash flows. He's one of the most important people in the world and truth was right. That's why we don't know who he is. Anybody else need to try.
Speaker 7: Terms are pointed obviously to go in and out of administrations, So the FED chair and the boards are not connected to the political wins of the president, whoever they may be, Democratic, Republican, truire.
Speaker 6: And the thing that people need to understand is that this is Project twenty twenty five. So RUSS vote. When they were formulating Project twenty twenty five at the Heritage Foundation, the purpose of it was to say that independent federal agencies are no longer independent. That every federal agency exactly has to report directly to the president, and the President can direct them all and tell them what to do, whether that's the Attorney General or the FED. These are supposed to be independent agencies. And the FCC. Remember Brendan Carr from the FCC, he wouldn't even say under sworn testimony in Congress that the FCC is an independent agency.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 6: And so these agencies are being forced to report directly to Trump. And if Trump says lower interest rates, they're supposed to obey. And he didn't, and now he's being investigated.
Speaker 1: Let me find out that Kamala was right about twenty twenty five. Project twenty twenty five. Also, DHS is something we've been talking about a lot. Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison announces that Minnesota is suing DHS. Here's a clip.
Speaker 9: We've come together and we're here to announce a lawsuit we're finaling against the United States Department of Homeland Security to end the unlawful, unprecedented surge of the federal law enforcement agents into Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Because this has to stop.
Speaker 7: I'm glad he looked up from that page. I felt that this has to stop. No, I mean, really, this man who has had it. You know, he is fed up. The only you know, consideration, I would have a recommendation and Congressman now General Attorney General Ellison is a brilliant man. But I can't wait to see that lawsuit that is going to come down challenging the federal governments of investigatory power for murders, deaths killing. I mean, we don't know what investigation obviously has to take place, but basically barring anybody from the local or the state of Minnesota from having access to any of the evidence that is collecting, and the untimely and tragic killing of miss Good that that so many of us bore witness to in video recordings. But I mean, I just think, I don't. I'm not a lawyer. We got two of them on here and Enjoy you play one great on TV, so so I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know. But the supremacy of the federal government, in my opinion, has to be challenged here, and I think they oughta They ought to either bring their own charges or figure out some way that they can get let back into the evidence collecting process that the federal governments right now in the way doing.
Speaker 4: The bottom line, I mean no, you Goo.
Speaker 2: The bottom line is their supremacy does not put them above the law. And I think that is the bottom line. They are breaking the law under the color of law, and I think that's the biggest problem. I will tell y'all all of their projects twenty twenty five. The thing that saved me in twenty twenty five, where these attorneys general all throughout the country who did the dogone thing, and so I hope they continue to do that.
Speaker 6: Joel Yield, No, I was just gonna say that in the Derek Chauvin precedent, because remember George Floyd, same state, Minneapolis, there were federal and state charges. And that's the reason that Donald Trump cannot pardon Derek Chauvin because he has like space in twenty two years in state charges. And here's the challenge. I spoke with Paul Butler on the Gorricho the other day, because they won't give the state access to the evidence any prosecution would proceed without even the car. The car is a piece of evidence. They won't even let them have it. But Keith Ellison is the attorney general who spearheaded making sure Derek Chauvin and those other cops who killed George Floyd who murdered George Floyd face Justice. I think whatever they have to do, they should p sue this guy, Jonathan Ross, pursue him for state charges. And note that a bunch of people have now resigned from the Justice Department Civil Rights Division because they won't even touch this case and instead wanted to investigate Renee Good, the deed lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they actually did launch it, attempted attempted to launch an investigation into her wife. And they just announced that from the tap that the officer received, mister Ross, he had two anonymous sources say that he suffered some internal bleeding from that. I just wanted to throw that.
Speaker 6: Skipped away looking perfectly normal and walk away.
Speaker 1: Calls that F and B. I'm just telling you what the people say.
Speaker 7: The tap that he got by jumping in front of the car.
Speaker 4: On to the next headline.
Speaker 1: The crazy part about it is, I just want people to know that that is a tactic that's used by law enforcement a lot. And we'll dig into Minnesota a little bit more, but I did want people to know that, you know, law enforcement officers notoriously exhibit bad policing by standing in front of vehicles or at the corner of a vehicle, so when you turn away, they have the ability to shoot you. Case called Ricky Cobb. All of that, advise all of y'all to google it. Let's talk about the Clinton's for a second. Let's get to them, because they are skipping to testifying. They're skipping testifying. Yeah, skipping testifying, skip testifying. They ain't going going they are defying the recipe and they ain't going to testify. And here's the headline that we're going to read for you, Republicans say Clinton's risk contempt of Congress for not testifying on Epstein. Just for some more added context, remember that there was a law that was passed that Donald Trump signed that said all the Epstein files had to be released, and as of this taping, which is January fourteenth, I will tell you that less than one percent of the files have actually been released. What chy'all think about that?
Speaker 2: I want to I want to say this first, and Nick, if we can pull this on page six of the letter that the clinton sent from their respective law firms saying that they would not be appearing. So it's not like they just didn't show up to school that day. They actually sent a letter saying we have sent letters on four different occasions responding voluntarily to your questions, and what they decided to do is say, listen, we are happy to ensure that our statements are sworn. You should accept our sworn statements as declarations. And on page six of the letter they say that we encourage you to accept the sworn statements in lieu of testimony, because you've done that for five of the six former attorneys general who would have had the responsibility and the oversight of this particular investigation, because the Clintons are not overseeing and have never had any responsibility for overseeing an investigation into mister Epstein, and by excusing the two former directors of the FBI during the relevant periods altogether, so they've shown that there is a targeted witch hunt against the Clintons and they are not having and holding everyone else to that same standard who would have had the jurisdictional authority over this investigation. I think that's important for a lot of reasons. I'm going to be honest with y'all. There are some pieces in this letter that I don't think are very good, and including you know, this is about a personal relationship I think some of the language they should have avoided. As their counsel, I am not their counsel, but I wouldn't have encouraged that language. But they have said they voluntarily complied, and that should be sufficient. I do agree with that.
Speaker 1: Joey, let me ask you a question. How you answered the question when just common folks out on the street alike. Well, we saw the pitches of Bill Clinton with Epstein. We know they were friends and Republicans under both Donald excuse me not Donald Trump, under both Joe Biden and Barack Obama had access to the files and didn't release it when they had it. How do you respond to that.
Speaker 6: I think that the previous ags under Democratic administration should have released it. I think Merrick Garland was a complete waste of time and space on mass.
Speaker 7: A.
Speaker 6: Shit ain't shit, He ain't shit. And the reality of it is it should have been released, and I think that maybe a sensitivity to the Clinton aspect is why it wasn't before. And that's a problem for me. I'm not here to represent the Democratic Party. I've been a Democrat for a while, but I'm barely in the party at this point. I don't care about protecting Bill Clinton, and I will know that the regime, as I like to call them, they put out every picture they could find a Bill Clinton, a hotel, Bill Clinton hanging with him, So they put out what they had. I don't see anything in there that makes me less curious about Donald Trump's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. There's over a thousand references to him. They've only put out a fraction of that. They're putting out pictures of dieing a Ross with her children, trying to imply she was doing something funny. Now, lots of people were hanging with Jeffrey Epstein. That's a problem. That does not change the fact that Donald Trump is heavily implicated, much deeper than Bill Clinton ever was with Jeffrey Epstein. Those questions should never and yeah, Mayor Garland ade shit, and Biden's people should have put it.
Speaker 1: Out to agreed.
Speaker 7: The only thing I would add is the Clintons in their letter also indicated that they have given instruction in their full permission to release anything that mentions the Clintons in any of the files that the Department of Justice apparently has yet to go through ninety nine percent of it. But they basically said if you're truly after the facts, ours is to the record. It's on the record. You can access those. And if you have questions that we can answer that are again to the facts and to accountability, of which we had none over mister Epstein, then we will provide that to you in sworn testimony. The only thing I'm happier about, y'all is finally the Clintons have woken up to see that the Republicans of the nineties, who they thought were their glove and hand friends, you're the same creepy as no good people than Bycoma right now as the chairman of this committee. But they're the same people that they were in the nineties. And all they want to do is create a scapegoat for these folks. They can run up some pictures and start some new rumors about a pizza joint this time and somewhere in New York, right, But it's ridiculous. I'm glad they woke up and said we ain't going, We're not going.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 7: I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they did to the most important fact of this is that the Clintons aren't responsible for the investigation or the Sweetheart deal that was cut into Epstein. In fact, that individual who cut the deal with Epstein actually became Donald Trump's Secretary of Labor. And that's amazing how that works. All right, y'all. Now hit dogs are hollering, people are upset, and I try to yeahs is a genius in terms of social media content, and so he's making fun of megachurch pastors. And mind you, I want you to know before we play this clip. This outfit is reminiscent of an outfit that a megachurch pastor war to the t. His entrance is an entrance that the megachurch pastor made to the tea, and some of his ask of his congregation is the same ass that a megachurch pastor has made.
Speaker 7: Road a clip, Nick, let's see what any longer Chryso Dollar.
Speaker 4: And names.
Speaker 7: Read.
Speaker 9: Wanda told us earlier this month that she cannot have a baby anymore.
Speaker 1: So I impregnated her with the Word of God. I'm going to impregnate everyone with the Word of God.
Speaker 4: Not that hip thrust.
Speaker 1: You won't be pregnant with the Word of God.
Speaker 9: Somebody in the congregation asks why I'm wearing Christian?
Speaker 1: Do you're Christian? Lubdun because I'm a Christian and I walk.
Speaker 10: In the blood of.
Speaker 7: Tver M to pray.
Speaker 11: Wow, wow, wow, go ahead, and it looks like Look, I had caught some flat from folks about our assessment about preachers their wives and wardrobe.
Speaker 7: But I will tell you I said this to Angela yesterday. People kept throwing to me this whole uh, the term modest. You know, you're modest and your modest in you And I just thought, you know, there's some people who have their entire body covered to toe and the feathers, and there are long drapes and there's you know, all this stuff. And I keep thinking, is that because.
Speaker 1: It's a distraction. I can't even follow the word.
Speaker 7: I can't get a capacitated hat. You had a church, they wear drapes, You get back in church.
Speaker 1: You need to stop. I'm a piscopellion. I'm are you my statements? You need to back in church?
Speaker 2: Are you wait a minute, Are you a m e or you're episcopealion?
Speaker 1: You know if he was a I'm a pispeion. I'm Catholic, light like Catholic, like I grew up acoly I was an acolyte. Yes, drink wine and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have like background, they have like silky Rode silk rolls and stuff too. But I have to say, because Creslow Dollar name got called that he was in person, he was the exact outfit of Pastor Mike Todd. My Chester friend just texted me that I had to text her to get it right. It was Pastor mike'sd that was wearing Crep Dollar was.
Speaker 4: Not you know, if he was just raising money for Jets.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, he said, no, no.
Speaker 12: No, no about it dollar again Jets and he needed million. He needed a cool.
Speaker 4: Thirty six million for America.
Speaker 7: Lock the doors, lock the East.
Speaker 6: The West, lay your money on the altar, lay on the even until you do.
Speaker 2: Even if Sawis can get it wrong, and I think that it is a testament to the fact that God.
Speaker 4: Uses all of us. If a rock can cry out, certainly he can use.
Speaker 6: I have to say that Jesus was po Jesus was poe, and he was rising up against the scribes and the Pharisees who were taking money from the people and not serving the people. So I'm just saying this may be being flashy, it may be popular with some of our you know, our Christian faithful, our fellow. And I'm a Christian. I'm not saying that that I'm not I believe in the Lord, but I just know the Lord wasn't rolling in Christian lubatants Christian because he Christian and lubatant and a little.
Speaker 2: Bit here Jerusalem's joy so that I can have a red bottom and so say that I would like to live in abundance in this Yes, on some trips, I.
Speaker 1: Do not want the little short white guy down in Texas. What's his name? Short white guy lighting, the little short white guy that that preaches the abundance abundance gospel all the time, the little man the last name.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm I'm gonna get in trouble for this, but I'm just gonna tell y'all right now, Joe Olstein reminds me a lot of John Edwards.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: He feels kind of like a sociopath. He blinks a lot. In anybody that blink that much, I think they learn.
Speaker 7: So nobody who stayed too long on your head and.
Speaker 4: Then the people.
Speaker 6: So I'm just like he said, you ain't messing up my shirt with dirty but.
Speaker 7: I think you came have not learned that you're don't fight with Christians because they they they.
Speaker 4: All four of us Christians.
Speaker 7: I'm just just whether what they wear, what they say. There's one judge.
Speaker 1: In the next headline, next headline, guy.
Speaker 2: Last thing you started it, Makari. But the only last thing I'll say is Brother Mike and our church. And back in the day said I ain't judging you, but I'm just a fruit inspector.
Speaker 4: So I'm just inspecting the fruit.
Speaker 2: So you know you are responsible for the fruit too bare and right now, literally I'm confused, but I would like to wear a bread body for.
Speaker 1: The For the record, I do want you to know Drewski got thirty million views in twenty hours, so I will tell you this. I wrote a whole chapter in my last book, The Moment, about the fact that the commercialization of the Black Church has become a problem, and I think that we're beginning to see that hit.
Speaker 7: Don Tyler wrote the whole book about that.
Speaker 4: Spirit in the Spirit of Catholics and episcopealions.
Speaker 1: Ah, let's move on, Joy, I'm gonna let you. I'm gonna let you toss to yours because this was a great clip about our friend Robin.
Speaker 6: Kelly absolutely representative the well no Robin Kelly Congress from right now. But we you know, we believe it on God, this is gonna be elevated position of the.
Speaker 1: Brands.
Speaker 6: You use it, all of us. So Robin Kelly has decided that it is time for impeachment. And the person that she's targeting for impeachment is not the orange one, but rather his face fall off melted sister friend to fold angry uh cowboy hat wearing Barbie Christy Nomes. She says she should be impeached. And here's the clip.
Speaker 10: Mister speaker, I rise today to announce I will be impeaching Homeland Security Secretary Christie Nome. Secretary Nome has violated the Constitution and she needs to be held accountable for terrorizing our communities. Operation Midway Blitz has torn apart the Chicago land area. President Trump declared war on Chicago, and then he brought violence and destruction to our city and our suburbs in the form of immigration enforcement. In my district, federal agent repelled down from black Hawk helicopters and burst into an apartment building in the South Shore area. They drag us citizens and non citizens alike out of their beds in the middle of the night. They claim the apartment was infiltrated by members of a Venezuelan gang. I don't understand this president's obsession with Venezuela, but they did not arrest a single member from that gang.
Speaker 1: She was a matter of fact, I want to know what spoke to you about that clip, because you must have just been watching watching Congress one day. But that was powerful. And we always talk about people doing the work, and I think that although I'm not a huge fan of putting another impeachment resolution about Donald Trump, I do get a however, whatever anyway.
Speaker 4: I do think they definitely need to have on this show.
Speaker 1: We were to have it next time. Anyway, I do think that this impeachment, bringing her in front of that's why this selection is so important, bringing her in front of oversight, talking about the things that she did. I think it's so important because the DHS is running by yeah, and.
Speaker 6: The thing that I noted about that she went on obviously to talk about Renee Goods murder in Minneapolis, but I really wanted to focus on the part about the ice agents repelling onto that apartment building in Chicago, as She pointed out, if they were there to supposedly get members of Trend de Aragua, this narco terrorist gang that they that were supposedly at war with, they didn't arrest a single person in charge them with being a part of that gang. There were no arrests regarding gang activity or terrorism. But what they did do, and she pointed this out, was film the entire encounter and release that footage as like a promo video, like an episode of cops. What people need to understand, as y'all are listening to this podcast, ICE is not necessarily arresting more people than Biden than during the Biden or Obama administration, just doing it more publicly. They're doing it more theatrically. They're sending more people to private detention, which is enriching private detention companies like Geogroup, who gave money to Trump, and they're doing the theatrics and cruelty of the process more than they're actually arresting people for crimes. They're not finding criminals repelling onto their apartments, extracting them and charging them in most cases, they're holding them in ICE detention, making money for these private prison operators who are getting record sums and whose stocks are skyrocketing, and then they're releasing them. Where are the prosecutions of supposed narco terrists? This is all theatrics. It's designed to distract from the Epstein files. It's designed to tell Trump's base that he's keeping his promise of deportation, and to show videos of the cruelty. The cruelty is literally the point.
Speaker 1: That's right, And I think we have to remember that ICE was founded in two thousand and one, right. ICE is not an age old federal agency that we're accustomed to. And I think that even the mission, we can argue over that mission, some people agree, some people don't agree, but at one point served a purpose. We can argue that point. But I think that regardless of how you feel about that, even just an amish that I pronounced this last right amash amos As has come around to say that it has so diverged away from its original mission and purpose, which you can agree or disagree was whatever, that now ICE has no place in American society. And I think that a lot of people, from Joe Rogan to justin Homage to even libertarians are coming to say it's like the Gestapo in the middle of the street. Really, what are they doing? And is this what America should look like?
Speaker 7: Not to mention their budget to be so irrelevant, is larger than what the Navy is that the latest they.
Speaker 1: Have a badget.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: Larger than the unit of the Armed Services, one of the units of the Armed Services charged with protecting the peace, safety, security of the United States and all of its interest and assets around the world. I mean, Donald Trump has gotten out of this group exactly what he has always intended his own police force. And they are taking their instructions from the top, which is why they are so rickety everywhere they go. You know how they say, your slip is showing. Everything is showing about these folks because they have one mission, and that is to serve Donald Trump. And I will tell you, y'all, we got to be We're gonna have to be fierce and serious and intentional about our takedown of this organization which just had his budget doubled and one year and the big bad ugly bill that was passed by the Republicans proposed by Trump so that this group doesn't become the group that tries to keep us from ballot boxes either, in the midterms or or in the general elections. And I don't mean to throw that out to be sensational. I do believe this man is building his own on m forces for his purposes alone.
Speaker 6: Amen.
Speaker 2: I just looked up a headline Andrew to your point. It says ICE is now richer than most of the world's militaries thanks to Trump's new funding annual budget increase from eight point seven billion to twenty seven point seven billion over the summer. And they said was seventy five billion dollars allocated to the agency over the next four years. We're going to have that article in the show notes for our viewers and our listeners to read.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I just think that ICE. Let's talk about it. I mean, let's flush this out a little bit, because I know we didn't spend enough time on Renee Good last week because of the timing of our taping. ICE. They're still in Minnesota, They're still in American cities. I mean, we had the National Guard in American cities. We're seeing them. Ice even just the same day or a day later, shot two individuals in the Great State of Oregon. And then I get that one.
Speaker 7: I have to make sure time.
Speaker 1: Good, Thank you, I was deliberate. Thank you. And so I think that we need to have a conversation about I want to I want to talk on the issue of law enforcement and tactics, but I wanted to hear you all's thoughts about Renee good, what we're seeing in Minnesota and that how the leadership is meeting this moment or not.
Speaker 7: Joy, you're gonna share what you trusted that that video, Oh.
Speaker 4: There is the woman who was pulled out of the vehicle. We do have that video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, maybe we can start there.
Speaker 1: Just so you know what we saw was, Yeah, they arrested and they pulling not just black and brown folk, but they pulling, They shooting white women in the face, pulling them out the car. I don't know what he was like.
Speaker 7: This coman was Latino, but she also described herself as handicapped.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She was on the way to it, and she was on the way to a doctor's appointment. Just to give full context that the people couldn't see it. They smashed out her windows and drug her out the car. Joy brought this to our attention. So, Joy, I want to hear your just fifty thousand foot view of what we're seeing and you know why we're seeing this and doesn't have any tie into the fact that what did he call the Somoli community garbage? Is that what he is? That what he called him, He's.
Speaker 6: Called him everything but a child of God? Yeah, garbage, criminals. I mean, the reality is they're also, by the way, attacking Indigenous people. Several tribal members have been picked up by ice, which is about as ironic as it gets. The colonizers dragging Indigenous people out of their cars and attempting to call them quote unquote illegal. And so I think what you're seeing now, I think to the point that Andrew made is it's just terrorism. At this point, they're trying to terrorize communities. They're going door to door in states like Minnesel anyone who's in the street who doesn't immediately jump when they say jump, they're dragging them out of their cars, smashing their cars, driving their cars away, which is car theft, kidnapping, people, grabbing people out of work. If you're rude to them, they feel that they have the right to push you, shove you, brutalize you to try to get you to react so that they can then charge you with what they've charged Lamonica mcgiver with obstructing and attempting to make her into a criminal. We're literally just witnessing. And I think Andrew called it right is it is a gestapo? You know, even Joe Rogan can be right once in a while. Because Trump has his own paramilitary force. We don't know if these people were former January sixth insurrectionists. Are they proud boys? They're doing forty seven days of training in honor of Donald Trump being the forty seventh president. They drop the amount of training down from ninety days to forty seven days in honor of Trump. It's a joke. They're not even training them. And I will note, by the way, they're getting ten thousand dollars signing bonuses, in some cases fifty thousand dollars bonuses. They're earning between sixty and one hundred thousand a year. In an economy where people can't get jobs, they're leaving this as essentially the only job available and heavily recruiting white men at gun shows and anywhere else they think they can get them. And I'll lastly add they're encouraging retired Border patrol people who left the Border Patrol because they were dissatisfied with Biden's policies. They're recruiting them back and giving them huge signing bonuses, and they're forgiving their student loans. If the small percentage that have college degrees, I.
Speaker 1: Mind you just to give some Oh, I wanted to just to give a clow context. Now. I thought of you. Barbers and beauticians in most states have to have longer than forty seven days of training than Ice does in your local communities. I just wanted to throw that footnote out there. I'm sorry, Angela, go ahead, No.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 2: I had my solo pod tape Tuesday, and I had Rachelle Balilin, who's the sheriff from Philadelphia, who talked about what will happen if Ice comes and tries to do the same thing in her city. What I think is important and is the coordination that needs to happen between law enforcement agencies, local and state law enforcement agencies, and the city attorney, the state's DA, you know, the district attorney. It's really really important that these folks are all working together state attorney General. We're seeing that happen in Minneapolis, but we're also seeing where the mayor is currently saying that ICE agents outnumber their law enforcement and so they're not able to arrest them in ways that makes sense. What rachelle Blau said on the show is that the DA can still issue a warrant, right like, they can still Yes, they can still issue a warrant for the arrest of these ICE agents. The challenge on the back end is we all know as these people are walking around masked, which should not be the case. Congressman Jasmine Crockett introduced legislation last year in twenty twenty five calling for It's the Clear Act, calling for them to have to be unmasked, and I think that is the least they can do. Some of these people are faking as if they're ICE agents, and I think that's another big piece. So when all in all, I really want there to be coordination with law enforcement. The thing that I think is rich about this happening in Minneapolis is Joy brought it up earlier.
Speaker 4: This is the epicenter of the George Floyd murder and the.
Speaker 2: Resulting protests, you know, the community unrest because people are like, this is what Minneapolis Police department could do to one of our own. This is also the epicenter of Filando Casteele's murder, which happened, of course before George Floyd. And we should not escape that the same people that this community now needs to rely upon to overcome ICE are the same folks who took the lives of black men in our community. And so we have to wrestle with the trauma that exists just holding that like, I need you to work with me now, and I'm barely trusting you. And so somebody like put in the comments yesterday or tuesday for the pod they said, well.
Speaker 4: Now you trust law enforcement.
Speaker 2: It's not that but this is all hands on deck approach, and I need law enforcement to prove itself trustworthy. So what does it look like to coordinate with the DA, to coordinate with the Attorney General to ensure that ICE isn't running a MUK Because it was black men first, Now it's a white woman who was shot in the face, and now it's her wife that they're trying to place under investigation by the FED. So if the FEDS want to act above the law, that I need for the states and for the cities and for counties to step in and do what is the right thing to do?
Speaker 7: With this, I shudder in some ways to think about what kind of armed conflict can be created in communities all around this country if the state, in the counties and the cities were to ban together under their states leadership, county and city leadership against federal agents who is already know it's already said, are are are showing up military style larger than the collective resources of of of security a community can offer. I will you know, but Carl, last week you said it was sort of tongue in cheek. You know, you can tell a guy who's never been in a fight, you know, as a kid or otherwise, these agents reek of of of of what it is to be dislike a not seen, ignored all throughout your middle high school time. Uh didn't they didn't you know, all these things and now all of us, Yeah, someone someone's in. And the lesson here isn't like being mean to people. It is actually embraced people see them, you know, so that when they get the job that they think is the most important thing they've ever done in their lives on earth, and now they've got the power of God at their waist belt to take life. That that that the abusiveness I can't. I can't. I can't shut my eyes to the video that we showed earlier of this woman who's one getting conflicting instructions from these guys. They're yelling and then they band together, almost like a gang. There are no lanyards with their names swinging from their chests. No, it is camouflage. Their faces are covered and with a brief opening at the nose and at the eyes. This woman can't tell that these are law abiding citings, law enforcers, or gangs who are trying to pull her out of her car. And we're supposed to be respectful to people who don't even have the dignity and self respect to show up and show your goddamn face. Local law enforcement has to when they patrol in our cities. They can't show up at your doorstep massless, with no name covering it and refusing to tell you who they are. They must identify themselves, and if they haven't done it, you, as a citizen, can compel them to do it. These guys, if you ask them, they say, you have no right to ask me anything. I'm gonna arrest you. They start bullying you, ganging up on you. These guys aren't law enforcement officials. These aren't trained season law enforcement officials. These these folks are thugs, That's what they are. They're thus and they're they're known by a different recognition than how we normally call them. But it doesn't get more thuggish than what they're doing and cowardly. And I would like to see federal judges decide that law enforcement officials cannot enter any place in this country with a masked face and no name badge.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you why Andrew's point is so salient, because you were your segue was just brilliant, because I wanted to talk about the role of the federal government, our court system, and the laws we have in place. Because I wanted to quote jd. Vance who recently said the president here is very simple. You have a federal law enforcement officer engaging in federal law enforcement enforcement action. That's a federal issue. That guy is protected by absolute immunity. He was doing his job. Let me also tell you this, that's a lie. That is not correct, That is not the truth. That is nowhere near what the law states. But we are having whether or not it's an ice agent, or whether or not you are in the middle of Williamsburg County, South Carolina, where I'm not sure they have a traffic light and an officer shoots you. We're having a serious, robust issue about qualified immunity in this country. That's why elections are important. That's why these house seats are so important, because, yes, qualified immunity is an issue. That's also why he stood on the corner of the car. That's also why that family, in all likelihood is going to have a very difficult time recouping anything in a civil settlement, because that officer is simply going to be able to say that I believed, that's his words, I reasonably believe that my life was in danger. That is all they have to say. And qualified immunity is a very real issue, and it's something that's coming to the forefront when we're talking about issues like this. And I just want the audience to understand that this good family, there is a very high likelihood that like men black families, like both of John for example, they will never see any type of justice. They won't see justice criminally because it's very difficult to prosecute these officers, and they won't see justice civilly. But shot out to Larry Krassner, who is the district attorney in the city of Philadelphia, who simply said that if ICE agents come to his city with masks on and they terrorize individuals, he is going to prosecute those officers, those ICE agents to the fullest extent of the law. He's going to make sure they are and he's going to ask his city police officers and county sheriff's deputies to arrest these ICE agents if they violate the law in the city of Philadelphia. We need more people on the state and local level to take that as what Angela said, because right now, these families that I represent, when we go out here in courts and we spend five six weeks or five six months excuse me, fighting for them in civil court, and then they get a thrown out because they were shot in the back five six times. But the officer said he felt like his life was in danger. That is indicative of what qualified immunity is, and I hope more people are opening their eyes to it.
Speaker 6: I can I just say though there is a precedent in Minnesota. Though I'm sorry, Angela, go ahead, you go first.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, go ahead.
Speaker 6: It is that way, until it isn't that way, right, because Derek Chauvin and those other three officers were in the course of doing their duties and still wounds up getting prosecuted. And there was a gentleman named Mohammed Noir. I believe it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mohammed Noir. He shot the white woman. Yeah, And they gave the white woman twenty million dollars.
Speaker 6: And they gave her twenty million dollars. So I would say that the good family probably has a good case because this officer. The other thing, JD. Vance said. He said, this officer was traumatized by previously being dragged by a car, meaning I'm sorry, why was he not only in the field but also the leader of that team. This is a guy who's been on the four since about twenty fifteen, so he's experienced. But Jadie Vance said publicly he was traumatized, So why was he even out there at all? Number two, he seemed to be non fearful enough to take his cell phone video tape the entire interaction, then switch hands, put the phone in the other hand so he could draw his gun and shoot her in the phase three times and then walk away scamper off like he wasn't injured at all and call her in f and B on his own recording and then leak that recording to Alpha News or right wing news outlet. He seemed to have presence of mind that he'd done something wrong. He leaked the recording to try to save himself. Why does he is he raising a GoFundMe for his legal defense if he doesn't think he's got a legal problem. So I think there's qualified immunity that you think you have, and then there's what you really need to face in the law, either at the state or federal level. I think justice is coming from mister Ross.
Speaker 3: Events.
Speaker 1: I pray that I'm wrong, I really do. And I've been jaded by just going taking these families into these courthouses and losing these cases on qualified immunity. So I pray that I'm wrong, and I pray that the good family. But Mohammed Nuur is a perfect example of how justice ain't just because. Mohammed Nuur, for those who who don't know, was a Somali American police officer, law enforcement officer, and he shot a white woman, and mind you, it was bad policing, but there was no true fight. He was arrested immediately, he got sentenced to twenty years, ended up, if I recall correctly, ended up appealing that and serving fifty seven months. He's out of jail now if I think I remember that right, and the family sued and settled for twenty million dollars compared at to both of John. His family will never see a dollar a dollar, the both of them. John family won't see a dollar. And he was sitting in his house eating ice cream when a white woman busting his door and shot him dead. So I pray that justice is just for the good family. And it might be she's a white woman. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I do want to just offer our condolences to her family. This is a thirty seven year old mother of three children who was shot and killed trying to protect your community. As we've witnessed a lot of Minneapolis residents doing what I think is also important.
Speaker 4: I want to draw our attention.
Speaker 2: There was a graphic that the Department of Homeland Security did put up in a collaboration with the White House, and it will have our home again if you watch, if you go to Instagram, this song plays. But apparently this is a neo Nazi like anthem. Now, if you play this song, it's by God will have our Home Again. And I just would like to remind white people everywhere that this in fact was not your home first. It might be now because people were welcoming of you, and perhaps you can tap into that just a little bit. Canada also has a page up hate Opedia and they talk about what by God will have Our Home Again means to a number of neo Nazi organizations, and yet the Nazis seem to be taken over our federal government.
Speaker 4: So that's that.
Speaker 2: On that, I would like to just show y'all one more thing on a slightly lighter note.
Speaker 1: One second before we go to slightly lighter, can we do one more thing? Because we started with her, and I'd like to end with her, because Andrew brought up a good point that Christy Nome, you can tell that she's been elected a few times, you can tell that she's served, you can tell that she's actually the consummate politician for all the negative attributes that may mean. I wanted to play the Christy Nome clip from Jake Tapper's interview and how she stays on message and you can see that's the message shit. That is what the message is. So can we play the clip from Jake Tapper and Christy Nome this weekend, just a little snippet of it.
Speaker 13: I want to ask a question about the rules of how law enforcement is allowed to engage when feeling threatened. Per your assertions, what is the appropriate response for the police officers in this situation?
Speaker 3: Those are law.
Speaker 13: Enforcement officers being physically attacked. By this standard, would any of those officers being justified and shooting and killing the people causing them physical harm?
Speaker 14: A single situation is going to rely on the situation those officers are on. That they know that when people are putting hands on them, when they are using weapons against them, when they are physically harming them, that they have the authority to arrest those individuals.
Speaker 13: President every single one of those peoples.
Speaker 14: And make sure that they're getting justice for their actions going forward.
Speaker 13: President Trump partoned every single one of those every.
Speaker 14: Single one of these investigations comes in the full context of the situation on the ground. And that's one thing that President Trump has been so focused on is making sure that when we're out there, we don't pick and choose which situations are and which laws are enforced and which ones aren't. Every single one of them is being enforced under the Trump administration.
Speaker 13: I just showed you video of people attacking law enforcement officers, and I just said President Trump pardoned all of them. And you said that President Trump is enforcing all the laws equally. It's just not true. There's a different standard for law enforcement officials being act if they're being attacked by Trump supporters.
Speaker 1: We just saw them.
Speaker 7: There's no difference in standard. The issue is man. She just crystallized the phrase that I've heard so often. You can tell a person's lying because their mouth is moving, like I've heard that a lot before, and I understood the context of it, but it's never been more true. This is a woman who, without any situation or awareness analysis debriefing, got up and called this woman a domestic terror terrorist and carried on around a scenario that she clearly did not observe herself, because she made it up in her head as she was talking. She is dangerous. I made jokes about her in the Centerfold and how she comes into character, you know, at every different press conference and so on and so forth. But she's a very very dangerous person because ignorance is not a it's not a negative. Is it doesn't subtract from her her ignorance. She is what my English teacher in high school used to call vain glorious in it, it's to be vain and to bask while while being so vain, right, so so Bakari on steroids, right, vain glorious, to be vain one, But I had to hit you.
Speaker 1: But but if you.
Speaker 7: Swag it fan, you know at our response, y'all have it. But all I'm saying is that for someone to be so uninformed, so ignorant, but so willfully ignorant, and I'll here commanding the size of employment, employment that she commands more than majority of militaries in the world, and to be so goddamn dumb and happy as dumb is incredible and extremely dangerous.
Speaker 1: It also shows you the level of mediocrity can just white media came in on to. I mean, I try to use that with with Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Right, you think about Barack Obama had to be he was editor in chief of the Law Review. And let me just tell you that you got to be you were you editor in chief because I know.
Speaker 15: One of us names together, but you have to be the top tink anybody sintilla all the way up there to be president of the United States.
Speaker 1: And Donald Trump's able to fall into that. Look at look at Secretary of Austin for example, and everything that he had to do, and all of his accomplishments in the military and honorable accomplishments, and Pete Hesketh. I mean, you just look at at Jay Johnson.
Speaker 7: And then all of the criteria for nearly every one of them.
Speaker 1: She shot her dog. She shot her own dog, okay.
Speaker 6: And she was barred from the indigenous tribes in her own state when she was a Sorry, go ahead, angel.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, you guys.
Speaker 2: I appreciate this deep dive on CHRISTINOAM and Barack Obama and Donald Trump, but I have something really important. Let me tell you what happens when White Ice comes up against Black Ice.
Speaker 4: Let's please rolle this clip.
Speaker 7: On the guy.
Speaker 6: I can do it.
Speaker 2: You don't see this in the full clip. We cut it pretty quickly. But he's he's running towards somebody who is escalating the situation. And then the Ice agent comes across Black Ice.
Speaker 4: He still he running full speed on that Black.
Speaker 2: Ice bus is behind, gets up and does the onet eighty. He gets he gets sent right back to the black SUVD eight and spent all your taxpair dollars on. But I just love the fact that he thought he was gonna run up on somebody and that black ice run up on his ead.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 6: And this is why we give to the church. But when they wear it, Christian Lupata.
Speaker 4: The doors of the church are now open. So is off.
Speaker 7: Bless you when you least expected.
Speaker 1: I didn't want you to know that hurt. That hurt because he got it like it didn't hurt.
Speaker 2: He pure adrenaline and humiliation. But he let me tell you, I love Nick. Can you run it one more time? Just start one more time?
Speaker 4: But a couple of seconds.
Speaker 2: You know they've been please, you know, hurting each other and hitting each other, doing all kind of put downs on the show Nick of maybe Nick won't.
Speaker 4: Run it again.
Speaker 2: There it goes, here goes one more time, you kind of here go.
Speaker 4: We need to put that in slow motion.
Speaker 2: Isn't there a closer up version, a closer up version.
Speaker 1: Calling them all types of names? My version is came't here to get us unrated.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys cuss on here.
Speaker 7: They deserve come uppings come up much worse, right, I mean the accountability that has to be had for this out of control a component of our government. I mean the laundry lists for if Democrats are fortunate to gain power again, the laundry list of the stuff they must the wheels they must break. Listen, I stay, I stay, consciously under expectant of anything.
Speaker 1: We got a little bit of time on this, on this segment before we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't, we don't. We got to do cause to action, and I and.
Speaker 1: I got our action ain't gonna take ten minutes, I know, but we also have.
Speaker 7: My call to action is that, yes, there's a lot of misery out there, but there are also some rays of hope when we see white men and white women and brown skin and black folks standing up in Chicago and in New York, and in Pennsylvania and in Oregon and in Washington State and in Minnesota. People who ain't never been to a protest in their life, who went on camera, who gave interviews saying they did test protests and thought it was a useful, wasteful bit of time for people who did it, said they didn't know what else to do to show their outrage and discuss the disappointment in the country that they thought they had.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: I ain't asked them who they voted for for president, but all this stuff comes full circle their consequences for this thing, and it just really sucks that the people who voted for the man can't be the ones who experiences consequences. I ain't vote for him, right, but we all have to experience those consequences. But I'm thankful to the people who are showing up, who are shouting these people down, who are shrouding people who are being harassed, and hugs and circles with hands held to keep them safe. There have been huge outpourings of this all around the country, and I don't think we'd give it enough appreciation for those who are showing up and doing it. The people are went in.
Speaker 4: A native Land pod.
Speaker 16: My name is Beverly Dines, and I am a chief operating officer and your chief empowerment officer based in Chicago. If you are in Minnesota, or somebody that you love is in Minnesota and you have just losted or snap benefits, here's one way that you can get access to resources and free meals that you may not realize. On January tenth, the USDA announced that they are cutting SNAP benefits effective immediately for the state of Minnesota. Now they're saying they're doing it in response to a large scale fraud investigation. By taking away Minnesota's access to food. This is not policy, it's retaliation, and it's targeting the most vulnerable people in Minnesota. So today's resource is called Loaves and Fishes Minnesota. Loaves and Fishes Minnesota has been supporting and serving the Twin Cities communities for over forty years, providing meals and support to anyone who needs it, no questions asked, no qualifications required. Here's how you can get access to a free meal near you. On their website, you'll find their meal service locations in times and their foodshelf information, as well as how to get connected to other community resources. They serve thousands of meals every single day, and all you have to do is click on their food distribution list and you can find a location near you, or at least one that is in a drivable distance to you. They serve thousands of meals every single day to people experiencing homelessness, families facing food and security seniors, unlimited incomes, and anyone who is hungry.
Speaker 4: Cloves and Fishes operates.
Speaker 16: Due to a dedicated community of donors and volunteers. So even if you do not need this resource, or you do not live in Minnesota, please consider volunteering your time or donating to any of the participating locations as they work to feed Minnesota's who are going to be impacted by this. When the government uses food as a weapon, community becomes the solution. As a reminder, as I've said in many other of my videos, that benefit recipients are diverse.
Speaker 4: They are folks who are otherwise able.
Speaker 16: They are caregivers, they are people who are homebound, they are people who are actively working. Please share, Share, Share this resource as far and wide as you can, and comment below if this resource is helpful, and let's keep getting to work.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows well we have a viewers share someone who is near and dear to this show. Garland Gilchrist sent a video in off of his latest news, So let's go ahead and take a.
Speaker 17: Lot a Native Lampard family, Lieutenant Governor Garland gil Chris and Michigan.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, y'all.
Speaker 17: Tiff Andrew baccari I continue to respect and appreciate what y'all building by. Angela reached out to me because she wanted to understand what was going on because I made some news this week. You know, I made the decision to suspend my campaign and be the next governor of Michigan.
Speaker 3: But I'm not leaving the fight.
Speaker 17: There's so much important work that has to be done, not only in Michigan but in America, yo. And that's why on Monday I now said I'm gonna be running for Secretary of State of Michigan to open the doorway to democracy.
Speaker 3: Why for the people in the state that matters, yo.
Speaker 17: That comes from the conversations that I have all over Michigan this year and for the last seven years that I've been in service, people screaming about how expensive everything is, but also saying that, you know what, if we can't vote and trust it, if we can't vote and make that vote count, if Donald Trump destroys this democracy and voting process, then we can't vote in people to hold these corporations accountable. We can't vote in people to protect our environment. We can't vote in people to get the money out of politics. And you know what, the first time I ran for office. I ran to being a lession administrator in twenty seventeen. That's something that's near and deer to my heart. I'm worried about the challenge for the voting right sack that could come down in any minute and be the final knife in the heart of that important legislation that gave my grandparents, my parents, and me the right to vote.
Speaker 3: We got to protect and defend that.
Speaker 17: So I'm using every skill I have as an engineer, an entrepreneur, a problem solver, as systems builder that makes things work for people to apply that to the democratic process here in Michigan. And I think if we get to write in Michigan will get it right everywhere. So appreciate y'all always looking out for me. We got work to do, and I'm asking people to go to Garland coqurs dot com and support me to be Michigan's next Secretary of State.
Speaker 3: My eyes are still on the prize.
Speaker 17: I want to be the governor one day, but let's be secretary of state in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Thanks y'all stands hall.
Speaker 1: I love Garland, but I you know, elected officials in self awareness is keen. I don't know anybody who said, you know, I'm going to be governor and then like all of a sudden, oh, I want to go protect election integrity. I want to know what I want to know, Like if you could be governor, you be governor. I mean I understand. I'm as we hang up and figure out what's going on, I want to tol you.
Speaker 7: That's where his heart toward public service began was in making sure people had access to the ballot box. I have always found Garland to be one genuine but suspect for him all around and also always always striving, whether it's in conflict or in you know, in solidarity and peace. The brother goes the extra model to try to understand.
Speaker 1: The whatever that is.
Speaker 7: And most politicians I know keep it moving. They can give you a good job.
Speaker 3: I love, but.
Speaker 2: You got you guys, If you can allow joy to say something before we bring on our guests, that would be great. It's a lot of back. It was supposed to be quick, friends. Let's go, Joey, what you got real quick? I'll be real quick. God bless anybody who stands for public service. And I just hope if you're getting in it, you're getting in it. To actually do something serious and not just talk. We got to do something about these people, not just talk about them.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: I just would like to remind Garland Gill Chris that on this here show when uh governor almost called her Whitfield, that's not her name, Governor Whitmer, Jesus, I was like, I'm struggling. When Governor whit Whitmer came on here, we lit her up about why she didn't endorse you, and now we got to ask her about secretary of State. So I'm in my feelings, in my feelings about it, but you know, we wish you the best and whatever you do, Garland. And obviously elections need to be protected because your president is out here snatching congressional districts, voter id early voting usps, postmarks and all the rest.
Speaker 4: So with that, his.
Speaker 7: Biggest regret was not seizing the voting machines, and that's what he said.
Speaker 6: And what the paramilitary force. Now, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And with that, Bakari, we have somebody specially I know you want to bring on. Let's go ahead and do that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna let you in she part of your care. I'm gonna let you, and I'm gonna let you and I enjoy handle that introduction.
Speaker 4: She's part of all of our crew.
Speaker 1: She is part of our crew. But but she is she a machete. I don't know, I don't know know, but she's she.
Speaker 2: We love her nonetheless, the creator, the creator of the very important historic award winning sixteen nineteen project, A sister who fights for us when we see it and when we don't. This is none other than Nicole Hannah Jones, who's joining us day to talk about Trump's attack on civil rights because Donald Trump and we should put that headline up, has said that civil rights were very bad for the whites, and I'm sure Nicole Hannah Jones has some things to say about this. They were very badly treated as a result of civil rights. Nicole said, surprise, not surprised, y'all you should have been paying attention.
Speaker 4: Hey says how you doing?
Speaker 18: Hey, Hey, how are y'all good?
Speaker 1: Welcome home, welcome.
Speaker 18: Home, thank you.
Speaker 19: I'm just gonna say that that felt like some subtle shade Bakari. But andrews, thank you for welcome.
Speaker 4: I got Nicole.
Speaker 1: He literally.
Speaker 4: It's never said.
Speaker 2: When he joined the show, he said that we needed a Beyonce and there's a Farah in here somewhere. On tips last day, he told her that she was Fairris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: He loves.
Speaker 1: I love y'all, law I love you. I love y'all.
Speaker 7: Law.
Speaker 1: I do want to hear your take, though, because I know that I know that there is this sentiment that we we I think the five of us can honestly say we told y'all this was going to be the case. I mean we You know, if it walks like a racist and quacks like a racist, it probably is a racist. And you know, back in the day on seeing it, and I got in trouble for saying that Donald Trump uses racism as political currency. I didn't even call him a.
Speaker 4: Racists and got in trouble me too.
Speaker 7: You should have said the racist think he's a racist.
Speaker 1: Debaters, tell me, tell me what's your analysis of this new uh new truth telling that Donald Trump is doing well.
Speaker 19: Donald Trump is not doing new truth telling, but all of a sudden people are recognizing and taking him at his word for what he's saying.
Speaker 18: I mean.
Speaker 19: What I've read this a couple of times now where people are saying, oh that the Wokes were they were right. They were just prematurely right, which is an insane thing to say. Right, is that, you know, even though we were trying to warn people that this is who Donald Trump was, this is this is where the Republican Party was going, that his election was not about economic anxiety but demographic anxiety. We were dismissed, often by our own colleagues, by the people who were moderate, and also frankly by people who have not spent any serious time studying the history of this country, in the history of race in this country, and those of us who have studied it. Right, we're not just basing this off of our lived experience, like we researched this, we have gained an expertise. We were dismissed by people who were just going on vibes, right, like white vibes. So it doesn't it doesn't feel good to be right. We're in a terrible place in this country. But I do want some acknowledgement that folks tried to tell you. We wrote about it, we talked about it, we lectured about it. When we were cast off as biased, as hyperbolic, as hysterical. So the other days, you know, I posted a piece I wrote literally a decade ago when Donald Trump was elected the first time, and we were told that because some white voters had voted for Obama that it couldn't have had anything to do with race. And once again we're like, you don't know your country. You're reporting on your country, you're trying to help people understand their country when you don't understand it yourself. So how I feel is, I don't even want to say I felt vindicated because we knew we were right. We knew we were right because they know what we were saying on our understanding of actually having studied and gained it for Tea's in the country.
Speaker 7: Professor, I'm sorry I had to have interrupted. I just didn't they know too. I mean, this is not a revelation. It can't be a revelation for anybody, including white folk, that there were things they were willing to walk past and sake of a thing greater that they wanted. You know, clearly it wasn't going to be to their detriment. They had determined that in their own mind's eye, right that Okay, well, it ain't the thing that I'm going out and saying at work tomorrow. But if he want to do it, you know, let it be and I'll hold my nose, is what I'm telling my friends, because he's not so toxic as Hillary Clinton or whatever the thing was they were saying about her. Just to me, it doesn't seem like this is a moment where we're like, we told you so it is. We told you, then we're telling you again. Now y'all heard us, and you knew it. Then you've just walked past it.
Speaker 19: I think it's some of both. Certainly, there's a large perhaps most of white Americans, a large percentage, maybe even more than half, who knew exactly who Donald Trump was, and he was speaking to them. And in that piece I wrote ten years ago, I talked to some of them. You know, they're like, oh, it was liberating. This is what we've always felt. We felt like, you know, Obama in the White House was supposed to make it so we never had to talk about race again. And you're complaining about Trayvon Martin and there's a black man in the White House.
Speaker 18: We don't want to hear about it anymore.
Speaker 19: And here comes Trump and he's saying all the things that we now because of the civil rights movement, because of efforts to pretend we were a more racially egalitarian society. It was no longer acceptable to say these things in civil society, and then Trump was saying them. So there is a large population that felt liberated by that. But I also think there's a significant population that, frankly was in denial that unless he was out there saying the N word every single day, they wanted to pretend that not only was he not racist, but that you know, he's just a buffoon when he says he wants to run again in twenty twenty eight, he's just joking. He's not to be taken seriously. Or they also were in denial about how many folks were willing, like who didn't actually believe in democracy in the first place. I think they actually thought all of these old guards believed in democracy. They drank that kool aid, and when we were saying, no, this is actually going to be attack on democracy, I don't think a lot of people took it seriously.
Speaker 18: I don't think they believed it.
Speaker 19: So I think what we have is this convergence of both of those things. And now you have folks, I mean, Joe Rogan who's like, oh, we don't want to like really now you're worried about a gestapo that you helped Usher in. So I think you know you said something important, Andrew. Folks were willing to accept other people's destructions.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 19: They believed wholeheartedly that their whiteness would mean they would not also face destruction. And now they're waking up to the reality of what we were trying to say all the time. It's frankly, you cannot have this much inequality and maintain your democracy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask a question because I want to help talk to each other.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to bring joy and you in this conversation because for me and I think Andrew probably has a similar feeling, maybe you know, being elected before running trying to trying to persuade voters, no matter what they look like, where they come from. You kind of walk into politics with this naivete that you're going to be able to convince people to vote for you, you know, because you all have the same issues, right, no matter if you're white or black, have a Confederate flag, you want to believe that you want your mama to have access to prescription drugs like you don't want to have to struggle and when you see people like Joe Rogan, and I want to toss to that clip right now. But when you see people like Joe Rogan have these moments of truth, Joy Nicole, how do we process that? How do we accept them? Do we accept them? Do we discount them? Do we disregard them? Do we say I told you so? What do we do with the Joe Rogans, who's, by the way, speak for millions of people, unfortunately or fortunately and even more importantly, millions of voters that are going to be important in twenty twenty six and twenty twenty eight. So let's talk to the clipping on the other side. If Professor and if joy of y'all can can respond to that, I'd appreciate it.
Speaker 20: You don't want militarized people in the streets just roaming around snatching people up, many of which turn out to actually be US citizens that just don't have their papers on them. Are we really going to be the the Gestapo? Where's your papers? Is that what we've come to is that part.
Speaker 7: Of the reckless, the way in which they've done it, had they all been brown and not white women and all these others.
Speaker 1: Do even is that question even? Is that question even relevant with people who are having these come to Jesus Joy.
Speaker 7: Well, Jesus only because they see themselves reflected.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I'm gonna watch what they do, not what they say. Person. My guess is the next election ballot comes in front of Joe Rogan, he votes exactly the same way if Donald Trump was on the ballot again, he votes exactly the same way. People like Joe Rogan that just asking questions. Guy, he's and he does speak for lots and lots of unintelligent, uneducated white men who are angry about literally what Donald Trump said. Donald Trump is very transparent. They are mad about the civil rights movement. They do feel that voting rights and civil rights for black people took away their rights as white men to be mediocre and successful, to get into college even if they didn't deserve it, to get jobs they didn't deserve. And they're putting that back in place now. Notice the men and women they hire who are white are underqualified, and that's by design. They want back the world in which being mediocre and white means that there's no barrier to your success. And they're pissed off that excellent non white people have gotten to rise but I will say that the Joe Rogan revelations are because they didn't expect to have to watch it. The reason that I b Well's was so powerful, the reason that Emmett tells mom what she did was so powerful is white people want to have privilege and they want to have non white people get hurt, but they don't want to have to have to watch it. They don't want to have to have their souls implicated in it. And so because they're now watching their gardener's bridge, they're right. They don't want to watch John Lewis get beat. They just wanted to get beat without them having to see it and having to be accountable for it. And I think the accountability of the fact that this administration wants to broadcast the cruelty. They want to make it into like a cops show. So they're making everybody watch it. It's all over social media, they're posting it on social media, and so people like Joe Rogan are going like, wait a minute, I didn't know they were going to go and home depot and get the guy who's going to fix my house. I didn't know they were going to go get the you know, the guy that I'm buying our repus from on the side of the road. Hang on a second, I can't get food at my restaurant because all the workers won't show up. Who's going to serve me my beer? Who's going to serve me my food? So now they're realizing, oh, this does impact me, And so I'm interested to watch them come to this revelation that they should have been able to figure out by us just literally telling them. But I'm more interested in what do they do with that information, And I'm very dubious that most of them are going to do something different. I do think there's a percentage of them. Forty percent of white folks have always voted with us for a long time, since since the sixties. So I think those forty are going to get stronger. Those forty are going to get louder. Those forty are going to get more outraged that white women are getting shot in the face now that they're now on the table. But those forty are who we need to focus on. The sixty gotta come to Jesus on their own. I'm not about recruiting them because they are usually unchangeable, Madam Professor, So you.
Speaker 19: Know, I I mostly agree with what Joy said. One thing that we always have to just confront is the truth of the fact that we're thirty teen percent of the population, and so we have to build coalition. So we can sit here and wag our fingers and be like we were right, welcome to the America we've always lived in, or we can figure out, okay, well, welcome to the America we've always lived in. Now how do we actually move forward and try to build a sustainable coalition. But I also agree that that coalition cannot be predicated on us having to pretend we don't have the racialized experience that we have that so often and this is even with the forty percent who votes with us right like they were blaming us for Trump. They were saying, if y'all had stopped talking about race so much, if trans people would just disappear and be quiet, then we wouldn't be here. And so it can't be what doctor King called the negative peace right, like a justice that's based on us having to be erased or us just pretending that we don't have the experience that we have. So I think we clearly have to figure out how to make coalition. The problem is the history of this country is that coalition is almost never sustained, and there are more of us than them. Just numerically, if you add the forty percent of white Americans who vote our way and then the vast majority of people who are not white, there are more of us than them. But that's also why we have Donald Trump in the White House now right, why we're seeing these policies, why at the moment where people of color largely decide democracy, a lot of elite white folks say it actually just kidding. We don't believe in democracy anymore. And that's really what we're going to be up against more than anything, more than building coalition, is do we have a fair election in twenty twenty eight?
Speaker 18: Are we going to.
Speaker 19: Lose our representation in Congress through redistricting and through this Supreme Court case? And I'm not sure how we come overcome that. Coalition building alone won't overcome that. So I'm afraid, you know, we're in for some very dark days that are not going to be changed by whoever is in the White House next.
Speaker 1: Let me just also say that while we're recording right now, I don't even know if we do break and breaking news, but I'm the lead of the show, so we're going to throw this out there and try to figure it out as we go. But the Department of State just announce they will pause immigrant visus processing from seventy five countries whose migrants take welfare from the American people at unacceptable rates. Mind you, those seventy five countries are all black and brown. I think that adds some context and contour to the conversation we're having. I'm sorry, Andrew, I'm going to cut you off.
Speaker 4: I was actually gonna, oh, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Angela.
Speaker 4: So I want to just tap in here for a moment again.
Speaker 2: Hearkening back to this New York Times piece where Donald Trump talks about as a result of civil rights legislation and progress for US, white people were treated badly.
Speaker 4: So deepening into that.
Speaker 2: When you look at voting rights, white people aren't treated badly. When you look at venture capital, white people aren't treated badly. When you look at employment rates in this country, they are not treated badly. When you look at college education, degree attainments, degree attainment, white people are not treated badly. When you look at the wealth gap and home ownership rates in this country, white people are not treated badly wage disparities, even the most recent Department of Transportation dB regulation changes that will no longer allow disadvantaged businesses.
Speaker 4: To be to consider race or gender.
Speaker 2: White people are not treated badly, and when you look at tenured professors, something you know very well about Nicole white folks aren't treated badly in carcon racing race.
Speaker 4: We can keep going.
Speaker 2: As of this twenty twenty, the number of Fortune five hundred CEOs who were white men was over eighty five percent. The number of white CEOs total in Fortune five hundred companies was over ninety two percent, according to Scherm, which is the I can't remember it's a human resources organization led by a black man. Sixty six percent of men hold the C suite positions for the fort one thousand.
Speaker 4: Saying all that to say white people aren't treated badly.
Speaker 2: But the EEOC, which has now changed its mission to help white men, recently put out this PSA.
Speaker 4: Let's roll that clip.
Speaker 21: I'm Andrew Lucas, Chair of the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Are you a white male who's experienced discrimination at work based on your race, sex? You may have a claim to recover money.
Speaker 4: In your federals is a Saturday night live clip.
Speaker 21: Contact the EOC as soon as possible. Time limits are typically strict for finally acclaim. The EOC is the federal agency charged with enforcing federal anti discrimination law against businesses and other private sector employers. The EOC is committed to identifying, attacking, and eliminating all forms of race and sex discrimination, including against white male applicants and employees. Check out EOC dot gov to learn more and read our one page explainer about DEI lilated discrimination.
Speaker 1: I thought she was slinging peels or something like, are you a white male who can't get it up at night? Please reach outreach out to than us.
Speaker 7: They know those stats, Angela. They go to the golf courses, they have dinner together, they have tailgates together. They know where their friends are working and and and who helped their child get into college. What is bothering them is now their children, who are coming home and getting back on the couch, are there because they have to compete with me and you and all the rest of us on this screen right now, and our children and they're you know, so on and so forth, and their adjacency. It feels like they're adjacency to the power. The person who makes the moves and the decision is just getting a little bit further Now instead of a finger reach, it's maybe an arms less reach from where they are. You didn't ask me this, Bakari, and I may be crucified for this way of thinking. But numbers do matter, Nicole. You bought it up and you did too. Joy around what percentage black people are in this country? Why we got to bring some people to our side if we're going to ever see advancement. I knew that same thing running for governor of Florida and what I what I was not going to do, and I appreciated as system and co bringing it back to our displacement and discomfort and having to do this where we it's okay and the you know, go along to get along is we weren't going to be in my townholl mediaing ands you talked about I ain't.
Speaker 3: Got a racist.
Speaker 7: No, guess what, let me tell you what I believe. I think we all got it. We all said some things. I think we do some things. And guess what it may not even be on our conscious brain. Our lived experiences may have shaped us into this thing and you just knee jerk react that way. But guess what, I don't I'm not calling you a racist because it feels like a static position. You did some racist shit, you think it's some racist thoughts, and you may do some racist stuff tomorrow, but the day after that you have a choice of change. What are you going to do to change? Are you going to allow it to go from the recesses of your mind to your frontal load so that when you're doing these things, I don't want you going and understanding I'm vote. I vote blind. Color doesn't matter, see my color. Because if we don't talk about it now, and you go in that ballot box and it's just you in that paper and the recesses of your mind start to take control, it may convince you that a black man cannot possibly be governor of this state. So long as you to go in there and no, you know what, there's a black man running for governor, and you know it over these days and listening to him and the debasem da da da da da, I think he could be a good governor. Don't let the recesses be the dictate on your actions. You you still have the chance to change I've done some things I ain't proud of as relates to race and gender and all these kinds of things, and you have to and guess what. We live to fight another day. You can still change. And again I don't, I don't. I don't say that in a pollyannish kind of way. The intention is to like bring it to your conscious brain that you're doing this shit all the time, the microaguessions, locking your car, pulling your purse, crossing the street, all those kinds of things that you do without even thinking. But I see it and I experience it. It embarrasses me, but you do it anyway, So let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Nicole.
Speaker 7: You can crucify me, because I know that is polyannic sounding, but it was the only way I could get through without feeling dishonest.
Speaker 2: And if you can to call also folding your response to this PSA about white men needing to find EEOC claims, please whatever that, I'm just.
Speaker 19: Gonna quickly say that Andrew, I actually don't think everybody's racist. I think everybody does have prejudice. I think we do prejudge things, but I feel like racist is a very particular term. And when we say that we actually let white supremacy off the hook. I don't know black folks walking around thinking that they as a race are superior to white Americans, or that white Americans should be denied access to opportunity and that we should set up top a hierarchy. Now, we may have prejudice against white Americans based on our own experiences or based on our own stereotypes, but I think we have to make a distinction because racism is really about system and frankly, I don't care if you don't like black people. What I do care is if you have the power to alter my opportunities in my life. So I just want to be clear there. As for the EEOC, so there's two things that always kind of stand out to me when I hear this. And I'm actually been working on a story about the EEOC, so I can't say too much because I don't want nobody still in my report. But the thing that they cannot respond to who is doing the discriminating They're basically what they're arguing is in a white majority country where white people hold all the levers of power, that white people are being victimized by white people.
Speaker 18: That's the argument.
Speaker 19: I mean it really is right, Like the who's making admissions decisions at these elite schools. They know who's hiring a fortune five hundred, they know the law firms that they win after, who's running them, who's making all these hiring decisions. And so just like that anti se Rt frenzy, where we were to believe that a teaching force that was eighty percent white had a bunch of white women telling little white Johnny that he was the racist devil. It defies logic, right, So when they're making these claims, they are never saying who they are talking to about that is doing the discriminating, because the only people in power to do systemic discrimination against white people are white people, and that doesn't make sense. Okay, But the second thing is just by you laying out angelo, which which we I don't see enough in media right when they're when Trump is making the claim about civil rights five minutes on the internet. And you can refute all of that with data, peer reviewed, easily accessible. You can pick government data, academic data, like it's the data from the companies themselves, you could easily refute it.
Speaker 18: But what we are in is a narrative war.
Speaker 19: The facts are relevant, the fact that six percent of doctors are black means black folks ain't taking no white people's jobs, less than three percent of lawyers.
Speaker 18: Right, just go down the list.
Speaker 19: Right, we're underrepresented at every elite institution and most non elite institutions, and we're overrepresented at the bottom. Right, service sector, low wate jobs, community colleges, and predatory academic institutions. We are overrepresented. But that is irrelevant. What matters is the narrative, and the narrative is to make white people feel because white people do feel something, right, they do feel I mean, I talk about this sometimes.
Speaker 18: Remember I was flying on a plane, I think I was.
Speaker 19: I think I was leaving Detroit, and every single person in first class was black, And you know, usually want to ask, every single person in first class is black? And you watch the the white people come across the jet bridge and they turn that corner and all of a sudden, like their whole world is off kilter. Now going back to coach or comfort plus with everybody in first class is white.
Speaker 18: To you.
Speaker 19: But if you have to go back to comfort class or coach and everybody in first class is black, then suddenly your status is looking a little shabby. Right, And even though that's not reflective of America. We know most most black folk, like most planes you write on anywhere, it might be one black person in first class. But just that one incident, I was just watching their faces. It was like a pause for a second. And so what Donald Trump and this administration is tapping into is a sense among a month excuse me, amongst white Americans, not that they're slipping, that they're losing something, period, but they feel like they're losing something relative to us, and we have to unders and this is how segregation works. Most white Americans, the only black people they know are black people in the same situation as them. They don't experience the vast majority of black folks who are living in segregated neighborhoods, who don't have access to quality schools, who are working jobs that don't pay well. If you are a white person and you know a black person, you know because I work with you, or I'm in the same supermarket, or I might be a handful of black people who live in your neighborhood. And so that perception is, oh, black people live in just like me, And that's not how the world is supposed to be that's what happens in a racial hierarchy. So that's what they're tapping into. It doesn't matter what the data and the facts are, because what I know what I know, and this is all I'm going to say, because again I'm reporting on it. We know who the most race discrimination complaints that go to the EEOC come from black folks, because we also know from data and sociological research that black people face the most discrimination in the job market of all racial groups.
Speaker 18: So they don't have enough cases.
Speaker 19: To bring a reverse reverse discrimination which is also a made up term which says discrimination against white people is different, which also tells you about racial hierarchy. They don't have enough cases to bring, so they have to solicit them because they have no evidence of the claim that they're trying to make, So they have to produce the evidence and read the story when it comes out. But that's what we're seeing, and it is unprecedented. The EEOC, which was literally created out of the nineteen sixty four Civil Rights Act to ensure Black Americans had an equal opportunity in the workforce, has never ever issued a solicitation for a particular race or particular gender to file complaints they've never done that, and so to use that unprecedented moment to call on white men who are overrepresented right in every field that is a leading pays. Well, that's about narrative. They know that it doesn't they know it doesn't exist. The last thing I'll say on this, sorry, you can tell I've been thinking.
Speaker 7: A lot of love it.
Speaker 19: If they really believed that white Americans were facing rampant discrimination, why would you gut civil rights agencies. You cannot at once say white people are facing discrimination, they don't have access to education, they don't have access to jobs, they're facing all of these programs are discriminating against them, and then say we need to eliminate the entire civil rights divisions of the justice not well, shrink right, decapitate the civil rights enforcement mechanism of the federal government. If you believe that people are facing rampant discrimination, you would want that very strong so they could root out all of this illegal discrimination white.
Speaker 18: People are experiencing.
Speaker 19: But instead they know that's not true, they gut the civil rights agencies, and then they can complain about how victimized they are.
Speaker 18: That's my answer.
Speaker 7: Amen, I love it. She said you extinguished the Arsenal.
Speaker 2: If you had a last question, but do I want to make sure you get in to ask our dear sister any question, offer any comment books.
Speaker 1: I know you got to get out of here too, and I want to make sure we got.
Speaker 6: So absolutely well my last question, very and you answered much of what I would have asked. So I'll just skip to my media question. Because the New York Times did this reporting about what Donald Trump said in that editorial interview. Assess for me where you think the mainstream media is in being able to talk about Donald Trump. We've now had his former lawyer Michael Cohen say that he was a racist. We've now had him himself say that he opposed the Civil Rights Act. I don't know what more evidence the media needs to change its language. What do you make of the fact that despite Donald Trump putting so much more evidence on the table, putting what Ice is doing on the table, the language hasn't changed. And in fact, in the Barry Weiss world, it's it's gone the other way, where people are saying, we need to increase our understand of people who support this.
Speaker 19: I'm not gonna comment on the Barri Wiss world because Barry Weiss to me, is not a journalist at all. What she's producing is is not any of based on any of the journalistics standards and ethics that me, a trained journalist, was actually brought up on. But I will say I have seen a subtle shift. I have seen now reporting that says he said something racist. They don't call him a racist, and frankly, I don't care. They don't have to call him a racist, but you do have to properly describe what he's doing and what he's saying. You know, two years ago they wouldn't have described things that he said as racist or things that he's done is racist, and they are doing that. So there's subtle I don't know that. I won't say, I don't know, it doesn't go far enough, but I think what's so important, and this is part of like what you're doing joy with independent media. The rise of independent media means that mainstream media is being pushed, right, You're being pushed to sharpen their analysis. You know, it's fascinating that in an industry where precision of words, precision of terms is literally our bread and butter when it comes to things like is this a regime? Describe other similar governments as regimes? Is this authoritarianism? Are we seeing fascist actions? Even if you don't want to call someone a fascist, Is what's happening in Ghana or Gaza a genocide? If all of the experts on genocide say that it is, it tells you a lot about this idea of objectivity that we can't objectively name things still.
Speaker 18: Depending on the subject matter.
Speaker 19: So I think it's I think that we are seeing an improvement, but I still think over all the media fails more often than not to paint an accurate picture of Trump. There's excellent coverage that happens, but then it's outweighed by fluff coverage. Right, And so the average American you can't, like, on the one hand, like describe these authoritarian actions and then do a story about wardrobe.
Speaker 18: Right, It's like, what's the picture that we're getting?
Speaker 19: And I think we just continue to struggle to do that and that the media and the end when the when the history of this moment is written.
Speaker 18: It's going to it's going to have a pretty shameful legacy.
Speaker 4: I agreed.
Speaker 1: Amen, Thanks troubl I want to say thank you, and as we say on this show, welcome home to somebody Amazing podcast.
Speaker 4: When the EEO C story drops, please.
Speaker 1: Come back, Oh please welcome home. Thank you so much, brilliant, we got It's three, It's three, Andrew.
Speaker 7: Well, imagine every week I'm talking about I'm talking about I mean y'all, just y'all levitating today.
Speaker 22: Here, all right, take care say we want to go straight into this call to action, love it.
Speaker 23: Who cares about truth and allows more than seen it.
Speaker 6: My call to action today is everyone, remember that the Trump regime does not believe in the nineteen sixty four Civil Rights Act. You said it's bad for white people. So okay, let's play their way. Treat them like gremlins. If you own a restaurant, don't feed them. If you've got an establishment, don't let them in. They don't have to use the bathroom at your place. If you got to shut down early at lunchtime, do it. Minnesota restaurants are doing just that. We're seeing it in Chicago, We're seeing it in many cities. If ice comes to your door, just put a sign up on your door that says no maths other than medical or allow if you're not. If you're wearing a mask and it ain't medical, you can't come in here. Treat them like a gremlin. Don't feed them. People know that work for Ice, that they are not welcome in your establishment and in your city. Do it safely, but do it because they need to get the message that Ice is not welcome.
Speaker 1: Welcome, but you're always welcome. Joy and read welcome home, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you with us.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, this was so much fun. I love you all and there's not a thing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: You welcome home, thank you. Mine is simple mind. Yeah, they are very smart. It makes me want to go read some books. I wish I had time to be reading books again. Anyway. My call to action is the breaking news in South Carolina was we have an ongoing measles outbreak in South Carolina. It's grown to more than four hundred and thirty cases. That's what our state Department of Health has reported. More than half of those cases were reported in the last week. The vast majority of measles cases in the current outbreak have been among children, have been among children, and nearly all have been unvaccinated with the MMR vaccine. So my caught action is just be very cautious. I know that ha make America healthy again. People, particularly a lot of my white female friends, were excited about Robert Kennedy because he wanted to ban red dye. But he's the reason that children in South Carolina are getting sick in their lives will forever be altered. He's an anti vaxxer who believes taylanol and circumcision causes autism. He's a heroin addict. He killed and dumped a six month old bear in Central Park. He severed the head of a dead beach well, and he said that he had a worm in his brain that died after eating a portion of it. But people cheered for him, and now kids are literally suffering, And so I want people to know that elections have consequences. Be very mindful. I'm praying for those kids who have measles in South Carolina, their entire communities. It is ravishing my great state, and unfortunately nobody's saying anything about it.
Speaker 4: That is horrible, horrible.
Speaker 2: I guess I will go now on a slightly lighter note.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 4: Tianna Taylor won a Golden Globe.
Speaker 2: This past weekend, and during her acceptance speech, she had this to say to little brown girls.
Speaker 24: My brown sisters, and little brown girls watching tonight. Our softness is not a liability. Our depth is not depth. It's not too much. Our light does not need permission to sean. We belong in every room we walk into. Our voices matter, and our dreams deserve space.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, everybody.
Speaker 4: We deserve Andrew Gillam, Hey, I.
Speaker 7: Said it before.
Speaker 3: If I just want to double down on what Joy sort.
Speaker 7: Of raised, which is people power, what people can do when we just decide to lean in. Take a at this clip and see if it inspires you in some way.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 25: Yeah, no, the Americans that are sending a message and they're saying immigrants are welcome here, no fear, no hate.
Speaker 5: It cannot be that. I don't see anything that's more American than that. And I'm here just to experience, and so can the goodness of America from the streets of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Speaker 7: I wanted to.
Speaker 5: Walk with them, but I cannot.
Speaker 7: It is so cold.
Speaker 25: It's probably minus here, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: My bones.
Speaker 5: Couldn't do it. I'm here listening.
Speaker 7: Every word did they utter? Is like a sound track to my music.
Speaker 5: Absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 7: I feel hope in the air, all right.
Speaker 5: I love it. It's this boy J Potter, the writer.
Speaker 7: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that.
Speaker 7: You know, that's that's that's that's it right there. I mean, if you got to hear a president calling you everything any name, you're a taker, you're you know, the bottom of the of the trash, all this kind of thing. That man, he put it so perfectly. Every word they utter is music to my ears. It's so hopefully that inspires some of us. If we think saying nothing, doing nothing is okay, and our presence and our voices may not be felt. Just know somebody's always watching, somebody's always listening.
Speaker 1: That's a great way to end the show. What was a very heavy show. I hope people enjoyed it listening and watching as much as we enjoyed participating. As always, we want to remind everyone to leave us a review and subscribe. I was going to say rescribe, but subscribe. We can rescript subscribe to Native lamp Pod. We're available on all podcast platforms and YouTube. Something that ain't in the script, but I'm adding it to the script. Also, make sure you cast your vote for the Native Lamp Pod. Every since they I joined. We got a nomination for Na a C year.
Speaker 4: We won last year.
Speaker 1: Well, shoot, you can't go you can't go back to back without me anyway. Shout out to Tiffany Cross, who deserves this award more than most, more than anybody. But make sure you go with I don't even know where the link is, but we will.
Speaker 7: Definitely, he's more than manybody's.
Speaker 4: In the fourth quarter trying to take credit.
Speaker 1: No, trust me. If we went again, it's going up behind me. It's definitely I got beat, I got be by who how.
Speaker 4: You learning your showing what an image of award looked like? Showing what an image of wards look like?
Speaker 2: An okay, but put it in frame.
Speaker 1: Yes, I ain't got one of all I have is an emmy anyway, if you're looking for more shows like here, what is that.
Speaker 4: Caroline?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, beautiful?
Speaker 1: Look at that gorgeous? Do you mind if I finished? Now? Andrew? You got any other family?
Speaker 4: Let me just get in the mic ag.
Speaker 7: One more thing, one more thing? Okay, go ahead, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Check out the other shows on our reason Choice Media Networks, Politics with Jamil hill Off, the Cup with Asie Cup, and now you know with Noah always always a basso. I need to meet no, so I can yeah, yeah, Chicago.
Speaker 7: Chicago, Chicago.
Speaker 4: No, he wasn't there to day.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I wasn't there. He came on the first No, No, but I need to because I want to make sure he knows. Blame my my head, my heart. Be sure to give us a follow, and don't forget to follow us too on social media and subscribe. I don't know about Andrew social media, but you can follow and subscribe to me and Angelus and also email the email list our text email list on Native lamppod dot com. We are Angela Rye, Andrew Gillim and Bacari Sellers. And I want to say a special shout out to our guest hosts. He in touch and see who our next goes. Guest hosts will be welcome to y'all. There are two hundred and ninety eight days until midterm elections.
Speaker 4: That's too long for you, however.
Speaker 23: Welcome home to the natives landing on the podcast space tests and for greatness, sixty minutes is so hit not too long for the great shit, high level combo politics in a way that you could taste it then digest it. Politics touches you, even if you don't touch it, so get invested. Across the t's and doctor I kill them, got them ass sellers staying on pensits will Why you could have.
Speaker 1: Been any where?
Speaker 7: Would you truse us.
Speaker 1: Native Lampot is the brand that you can trust. Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with reisent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.