Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison to Montrey Moore and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: It is go time right here the SWC podcast studio in Frisco, Texas, headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It is time for the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat.
Speaker 1: Gaming the ten win Dallas Co.
Speaker 4: According to Barry, Yeah you see me on that we have blue bags, Blue Magic.
Speaker 5: Barry Church from a Cowboys station on Blue Magic.
Speaker 4: Texas A and M graduate Agricultural leadership degree. He his find new Pace communication see my man North Texas, Me and Green.
Speaker 5: He is the nephew of the.
Speaker 4: Greatest defensive tackle in professional football history, met Joe Grease. He's Hackma Harrison soon to be. It's going to be an Emmy winner.
Speaker 1: Let's go big.
Speaker 6: Also, father, let's get into one of the best wide receivers in Texas.
Speaker 4: Let you know, right now, right now, let him get one of the bags they handed out of Texas Tech. By that softball girl a million dollars, the lead million dollars, a million dollars in the National championship, ran right now, a million dollars. She left Stanford real fast.
Speaker 1: That's not a bag, you know what.
Speaker 7: When and then when the bag pays off, when it pays off, it's one thing to give the bag and the bag not pay off. But this is one of those situations where they targeted someone that absolutely came in and changed the whole dynamic of their program.
Speaker 5: And you know, every softball coach American's room to get text tech.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, yes, like hook them.
Speaker 5: Texas to win in the worst way.
Speaker 4: Texas won Game one by the way, two to one, and in a good, good game for there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, baby, they gave her.
Speaker 1: Techrought.
Speaker 7: That's a lot of It's a lot of dads just went to their daughter's room and say, come on now, get up right now, get up right.
Speaker 1: Right now, brother, with stuff. I keep that going.
Speaker 4: The other coaches are like, I should have break then went on.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 8: It hurt me to say, you might want to watch out for tech because the guy that took over like that whole investment group to pay that girl of a million dollars, you think they're about to do in them.
Speaker 1: Other sports, the football team.
Speaker 5: They invest in the football team. So this is players stress a.
Speaker 4: Whole lot to get to the Dallas Cowboys here, all right. So I want to throw something. I want to throw something over NBC. So you know, yeah, no, no, no, no, well no it's it's it's Pro Football.
Speaker 7: Talks favorite no ps.
Speaker 1: NBC. Lo.
Speaker 5: So Chris Sims comes out with his quarterback rank.
Speaker 6: Wow, Chris Sim's forming trip lately, even trip lately, even tripping lately lately.
Speaker 7: By lately he tripped all the time. He tripped all the time. He got a little bit of tripp trip out.
Speaker 4: So he's talking about he's got his rankings out there. You know, he got his rankings, his quarterback rankings, and we got him down in tears and breakdowns ahead of the season. And so I wanted to see where Dak Prescott was, you know, where do you have him?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: What's he thinking?
Speaker 4: And so when it comes to Dak, he's got he's got is after the needs more info. He wouldn't need more info, guys, which you said was Michael Pennix and Drake May.
Speaker 5: Then he gets to is this it question mark number one? On the is this it?
Speaker 4: And he says a tier of He says, a tier of trio of quarterbacks who are once considered rising stars.
Speaker 5: Now they are fighting for their NFL futures. And he has Dak no.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, away right now, it'll finish. Come on, yeah, say Worth, pff bag.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I wouldn't be that extreme.
Speaker 4: So let me read the three guys and what he has to say. The first is Dak Prescott. Yeah, he said, there are a few quarterbacks more divisive than Prescott. Sims is underwhelmed about the thirty one year old, declaring that his release is slow and his anticipation is not great. Then he goes into Tua Tugue of Ilo of Miami and he says Tua has played in just one postseason game in his career, a twenty six to seven loss to the Chiefs in twenty twenty four. Simms likes a lot about to his game, but he's very concerned about the quarterbacks ability to play big game football. And then the final one in his tier is Trevor Lawrence the Jacksonville Jaguars. Says Lawrence is one of the most difficult players to rank because there's an unbelievable talent in him, but there's way too many misthrows. New head coach Liam Cohen has a ridd in Jacksonville, will attempt to fix his franchise quarterback.
Speaker 5: However, at the end of the.
Speaker 4: Day, it's going to be on Lawrence And so that's the tier he put him in.
Speaker 8: What are the other tiers? And who else is on this list before before I.
Speaker 4: So it's a lot like he's got ready to launch, Like he's got a whole thing like ready to launch. He's got like bo Nix and Caleb Williams right there.
Speaker 5: Then he's got the.
Speaker 4: More info guys, and he's got the don't forget about me, that's Kirk Cousins. He's in category and he's got a category call Escape from New York.
Speaker 1: Which I'm done enough with the clickbait, enough with the clickbase.
Speaker 4: But just back to Dak, you know, he back to he He says he's fighting for his NFL future and that he's underwhelmed by Die and then he says Dax releases slow and his anticipation, you want me to.
Speaker 1: Look at me in this camera.
Speaker 8: I hate I hate when people say stuff like this just to do clickbait, to sit here and say, this man is fighting for his NFL future.
Speaker 1: Do you know what type of contract he has?
Speaker 8: Do you know what type of teams will pay for Dak Prescott right now? That one of those teams being Miami, the guy that you mentioned on there too. So for you to sit here and say that, oh, he's fighting for his NFL future like that is absurd, Like just because you're tired or you're getting used to seeing something like that, you don't let talent like that go that is generational, Like he's not I'm sorry, I'm not gonna say he's not generational talent, but he is a proven starter in this league. You don't just give that up for tools and fuels and sit here and say that, oh, because he's thirty one, Oh his time releases and is slow and stuff like that, like stop it, bruh, Like, yes, he hasn't formed up to the ceiling that people are saying going to the super Bowl and this and that, but he's been he's tooking his team to the playoffs, he's showing that he's had the number one offense multiple times throughout his career and then you're gonna sit here and say that a healthy death Dak Prescott. I'm sorry that to say his career is over. I hate when you put that narrative on people because then once that narrative gets there, it starts a snowball.
Speaker 1: Like, don't do that talk the facts, don't just do clickbait. N I'm with you on this.
Speaker 6: And you know, like I said before, you sims be tripping sometimes, and he was tripping on this one.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: You know, I get on.
Speaker 6: Dak a lot when you talk about playoffs and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I understand that, but you got to be able to get to the playoffs.
Speaker 6: And with Dak Prescott, we're just what a year or two remove for him being second in the MVP voting. You know, it's like, what are we saying here? This is also a man that rattled off with a three straight twelve and twelve win seasons. I mean, this is a guy that you know, his playoffs, he has the same amount of wins as maybe what Lamar Jackson to the playoffs, maybe one win behind him. And we're talking about this man being you know, his NFL future being at stake. I don't agree with that at all, does he need to you know, be more healthy and win more in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Of course he does.
Speaker 6: But there's a lot of quarterbacks out there that wish they had the same resume as a Dak Prescott. So to me, this is you know, Sims tripping once again. When you put that Cowboys name up there, people are going to click in and want to look at it. But overall, you know, Dak is far from being done in this league. And to me, you know, a lot of NFL franchises will want to have four as their signal caller back there.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 7: Well, Chris Sims, son of Super Bowl champion Phil Sims, you know he probably has. He has made statements throughout his career as an analyst that I have not agreed with. I mean when I say, when I think of ass hat he's in a conversation, some of the things that he says, and it's like, you know, I think, and I'm not even playing Devil's advocate here, because you know that I have officially defended Dak for years and years and years, and I think when it what people are starting to put together is the culmination of his work and what he's done.
Speaker 1: They're saying all right, ten years in this thing.
Speaker 7: This is as far as you've gone have is this It is this your ceiling. And we've always talked about force multipliers, guys to come in and make other people better. I don't think that, no, they've ever looked at Dak in that in that realm to say, Okay, he is a quarterback like Jalen Hurt, like like Hurts, that needs to have those pieces around him.
Speaker 1: But when you think about the jump that.
Speaker 7: Jalen Hurts has made, it has been because he has had the talent around him him to propel him to the Super Bowl m v P Saquon Barkley in other in other words, yeahj aj Brown. But what I'm saying is you start to see when an organization gives a player that has those limited tools. As far as nobody's ever said, oh my god, DA's you've never come away from a game saying, O, man, great crows, great moments, but the game where you like it is all on display. I think Dak is what he is, and I think as an organization you have to understand even with the injuries that he suffered, mechanics and all that that Chris Sims was talking about if you saw twenty five minutes, pretty good man. He talks about his mechanics and all of that. I think right now this this front office needs to put the pieces. George Pickens is in. They re signed ceedee lamb. You have your your tight end and mcferg maybe you bring in, you bring in a offensive line. Your offensive line is is much better. I think your running back group is going to be much better than it was last year. So therefore, I think you're gonna see the better version of Dak Prescott because now you're giving him the weapons to work with.
Speaker 1: And he's a better QB than Jalen Hurst.
Speaker 5: Just so let's go off the top peer QB.
Speaker 7: But he is a better peer QB and throw it up.
Speaker 4: You know Bill Parcells want said for the rest of your life, they can never say.
Speaker 5: You couldn't get it done.
Speaker 1: He got it done.
Speaker 5: I got a Super Bowl trophy.
Speaker 1: It's on no.
Speaker 7: Matter what, take that and I cannot take that from.
Speaker 1: I can't be mad at that. But you are a fat guy, are you not?
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, Rick Flair said, you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Speaker 1: He is the man. But if you had if you had a choice of starting your organization about starting.
Speaker 4: Walk in the building with a ring, and certainly I respect them, so he considered it. He and Patrick Mahomes can sit up in the same club drinking that champagne.
Speaker 1: No, no, Patrick, in a different club. It's the same super Bowl club.
Speaker 4: The super Bowl Club with the ring ringing the Champions Club in the Champions Club.
Speaker 5: So thank you, thank.
Speaker 8: You, But pat, Patty, and that he up there you knocking on Tom doing saying.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know he can go to the VP of the Hall of Fame club, but the Champions Club, Jalen Hurst is in there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, That's what happened. When you talk about your little doggy.
Speaker 5: Friends, we won't talk about Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 1: Fighting. He fighting thetal the rebuttal to that is.
Speaker 4: So I go back to this point about what mister sim said, slow release.
Speaker 5: Yep, how do we feel about that?
Speaker 7: You know what I think after the injury, that is something that I worry about because obviously, with age you got to slow down, right and I think with an hamstring injury on a quarterback that was already dealing with an ankle issue, he's gonna move slower. But even in that when he said about his slow release and criticizing him about that, he also praised Dak.
Speaker 1: For his patients. So you can't have it both ways.
Speaker 7: You can say, hey, I love it, I love his patience and his ability to read release, but he has those low release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love his patients.
Speaker 7: But he also got on Dak about choosing like if he has a Humbo route, choosing the underneath routes the short stuff and not allowing the other stuff to come open, right, And so it's a it's a big contradiction in what he's making of it. But I think as when I look at Dak over when I look forward to seeing Dak this season, I want to see how he moves because man, after having surgery on your hamstring, you know that is that's going to be a big deal for him, especially his mechanics and his release.
Speaker 6: Also, what a healthy old line like what we see what Dak has guys in front of him, MAC can protect him.
Speaker 1: He can put up great numbers.
Speaker 6: I mean we've seen it, like was it two years before when he was second MVP the Matthew thirty seven touchdown passes.
Speaker 1: All right, limited interceptions.
Speaker 6: He went from fifteen interceptions the year before to you know, I was killing him, brought him way back. And in this past year, how many times did we see lookout blocks? Hey man, look out, he's about to get you, Like you know, he can't sit there and let the routes develop and it being able to hit those deep shots.
Speaker 1: But he got guys breathing on his neck.
Speaker 6: I think he'll have a better offensive line to protect them a little bit more and you'll be able to see that Dak Prescott that we've seen from years.
Speaker 5: Two rookies on the offensive line.
Speaker 4: Last year with one rookie basically failing the test to tackle and Tyler Guyton came out and owned it. He owned it last week and said, you know, yeah, I wasn't where I needed to be so so so yes, you're bringing up a valid fair point to say, hey, look what could he do if given the weapons and protection. I go back and I look at Jared Goff of Detroit. Sean McVay let him go despite him going to a super Bowl with and he's like, man, I can't get it done with this guy. So he goes to Detroit and a lot of people are like, hell, you know, okay, he's here, but Brad Holmes, the GM's on excellent.
Speaker 5: Joh They have a very good offensive line.
Speaker 4: The big thing was like, hey, if you want to get to golf, go at the middle on him. They've protected him there. They've done a very good job the weapons that he has from an offensive standpoint, the wide receiver, the tight end. Use a first round pick to upgrade the tight end. You got first round picks running back. They've done what they did for Peyton Manning in Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: I tell people all the time, look at.
Speaker 4: How many first round picks Bill Pollian put around Peyton.
Speaker 1: Man There was a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: Edgern James Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Anthony Wayne Reggie, Wayne Marvin. It was just tons and tons. Ken do I mean he just kept bringing first round and high draft picks to put around Peyton man as they should have. By the way, you know, on the offensive line as well. How many times are you doing that for Dak Prescott? Are you giving Dak Prescott what they did in Detroit or even in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: I think if you asked that.
Speaker 4: Question, you could say the cow Boys have not to the extreme that we saw in Philly.
Speaker 5: Indy or Detroit for their quarterback.
Speaker 1: No, they they definitely haven't done to that extreme of that magnitude. I think that's been the knock on them for years.
Speaker 8: Just growing up in Dallas, like you always said, hey, can we bring in somebody?
Speaker 1: And then you bring in one guy.
Speaker 8: But this is the first time I was saying this offseason, we see them making that attempt to do that. You have your first round pick in Ceed Lamb. You have a first round pick in George Picking bringing him in there. You have another first round pick that you bring in with the offensive line.
Speaker 1: You bring in.
Speaker 8: A guy that go his offense is predicated off of the run, and then his quarterback has had that success. You're starting to see the foundation of them trying to build around that and go to his strengths. He's never, like you said, he's never been the guy that had the big arm and stuff like that. But he's been the guy that can have thirty seven touchdowns, that can lead have the number one offense in the league with less weapons around him. So now that you're starting to do that and build that foundation, I say, give them time, but I think this is going to be the time. So for him to make that getting back to Chris Silm, for him to make that comment, it's like, Brah, if anything, you should have had him on. This is the make or break if that's the case, because now with them actually bringing in the weapons and doing all that stuff, then you can maybe start trying to put a narrative on him. But to say that he's already done that was completely far less.
Speaker 1: I said the last yeah, real quick.
Speaker 7: And when you make the reference about golf, and I think that's really the department that I want to put out the where I want to keep dak. When you look at Detroit those years where they were just horrible and stacking those first round picks. So it's different, man, when you're bringing in a guy that's top five picking in the draft versus the guy that you're getting at nineteen or twenty as far as the pick you're getting, and those twelve and five seasons led way to them getting those later round picks in the first round, and again it's no excuse. You have to be more strategic about the guys that you get. But man, Detroit has been able to go out there and get the pick of the litter when it comes down to those first round picks.
Speaker 4: He Knewson made a living out a twenty picks in the twenty somethings for years, and one of them being Lamar Jackson in the thirties. So Cowboys, having no issue from their first round picks have done a very good job there. I just go back and look in terms of how intentional have you been about it with Dak Prescott versus the other clubs who have all Right, let's get a break in here, Treyvon Diggs on the verge of loosey, possibly a half million dollars.
Speaker 7: Oh, whistles. You know what's whistles? That's a bomb.
Speaker 1: Drop it.
Speaker 5: Back players lambs on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Yes, hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team.
Speaker 1: On and off the reels.
Speaker 9: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that one eight hundred gamblr for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys Game DAG is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official Spiced Ram of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 1: The Jack Black Playmaker.
Speaker 9: Is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with fall. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Raising canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules, Raising Canes chicken fingers one love Go Cowboys, Back to the players Loud.
Speaker 7: The Conker Calf Gold Cup is back at Atat Stadium with two doubleheaders. Watch Costa Rica take on the Dominican Republic and Sury Name Face Mexico on June eighteenth. Then on June twenty second, the United States meets Haiti and the Dominican Republic takes on Surrey Name. Don't miss your chance to see the best soccer teams in North America. Get your tickets for both days now at seat geek dot com.
Speaker 1: Slide that in the cay, I see, I see what apologized my mistake that I It's okay, that was amazing. I'm sorry. I learned.
Speaker 8: It's a great apparently I keep making mistakes, just like I called George Pickings the first round pick man. We all do it, baby, this is the players louns. No, no, I'm gonna show. I'm ann show the world.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's like like what the Cowboys are doing right now. You own up to your mistakes. We fix it. We the ten wins, ten wins. I'm starting to get there. Cloday, you see it, Hey, put that you got perfect time.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Player Signs brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming Barry Tray.
Speaker 5: Heck, I'm knew it.
Speaker 4: Barry Church is on record. It's saying the Dallas Cowboys are going to win and win games. Las Vegas has them slotted as as a seven.
Speaker 5: Win, seven and a half win team.
Speaker 4: Some money, I had them as eight possible, No seven in the post.
Speaker 1: You do a couple of shows, so he got a couple of different show.
Speaker 5: So Vegas, Vegas, we go seven and a half.
Speaker 4: That's eight eight, But I got it seven of the possible, seven and the possible because that last game will see you know where.
Speaker 1: You're hedging your best right there, make wins seven and eight.
Speaker 4: And it's like I said at the end of the year, that last game at the Giants where they where's everybody at? You know, do you need to win or do you pull into Mavericks things like don't get Joe Milk that guy.
Speaker 1: At the back flipping.
Speaker 7: I see that that's not possible right there. So I don't know if we see If we see Joe Milton and that's his start is against New York, then everything is good.
Speaker 1: Where I didn't.
Speaker 5: May not posting, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: So so I I.
Speaker 4: Believe Vegas they got they got nice buildings that they made a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Take a lot of money. You know, they say a sucker's board every minute. They gonna get back alone. But you're a fighter.
Speaker 4: Ferry's got him in ten wins. He has got him in the seventh seeded playoffs. Now, Trey, you just walking right on and and.
Speaker 8: I didn't walk into the statement. You look, man, I told you. I said he's impossible, He's impressionable. I know I'm not. I'm hey, hey, Christ, roll back the clip, roll back to roll back the clip of what I said. I said, seven in the possible. But give me your training camp, I said, I can see it happening.
Speaker 1: They have the pieces show nothing hold on.
Speaker 5: Alone, y'all do to see yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't come on, I'm good.
Speaker 5: You mean I started to really do this.
Speaker 8: I told you what I said based off of last year at seven in the Possible, but with the tools that they're adding around him and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that and poticilarly. Let me see, I said, let me see camp to eight right now. First, I'm sticking.
Speaker 5: Say seven in the Possible. You're taking myself?
Speaker 1: That was me? First? What hold on? Did I not give the Spades analogy on here the Golden Book?
Speaker 5: I said, possibly, like Danny Craig, go pull it up.
Speaker 1: Chris Chris put on it.
Speaker 5: Chris always covered.
Speaker 8: I got myself, got about my phone, about Twitter, go to Twitter.
Speaker 1: Put that episode. I was, I love.
Speaker 5: You really don't know how long we've been doing this show. That's I don't know. Okay.
Speaker 4: So the bottom line, you sitting around this man got you thinking, you.
Speaker 1: Know about it?
Speaker 5: You're thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I thought, I think about a lot of things. Somebody's gonna renig hm hmm. Let wont be.
Speaker 8: You're the only ones you You're the only one that's in the books. Don't put me in the book.
Speaker 1: And after that, I'm in the book. I'm in the book. It can't be into get me to training.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let's let's get back in the matter at hand. Here, Treyvon Diggs could possibly for for a half million dollars a lot of bredoms by the off season workout routine he's deciding to pursue. He's spending a lot of time in Miami. He's not here at the contracts.
Speaker 1: They take.
Speaker 4: You get your half million dollars, You do your little They want to see you. They want to see a face when they got you all that money. We need to see a face walking around the building. Shot your fight you want to say, fight, Church explained to the viewers. How long do you have to be up here during these ot as?
Speaker 1: Oh whatever, Well it depends what five days.
Speaker 5: A week here'd be working out.
Speaker 6: How many days it depends on your car. So for me, I had a stipulation. I had to be at eighty percent or whatever it was when you come to tha s. Yeah, and to me, I mean, I wasn't going anywhere away. I wouldn't forfit numb money even if it was a thousand. We know, we know, but.
Speaker 4: You just got to be Tuesday was a Thursday Tuesday was Thursday.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 1: Not all week, not all week, notf the weekend, not Monday.
Speaker 5: Tuesday was it Thursday.
Speaker 6: And we're pretty close to the airport boom two hours of the go to Tuesday was a Thursday.
Speaker 1: You just got to be and then you get the rest of your time to do what you gotta do.
Speaker 5: So Miami's open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 1: Especially on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Correct, correct, it is it is, It is open, And if.
Speaker 4: You wanted to train with somebody, and you somebody in Miami, you definitely go.
Speaker 5: Considering he's a multiple that type of bread.
Speaker 4: Definitely that training staff will probably available on Friday Saturday.
Speaker 1: So great, I just yeah, I don't I understand it. Let me let me play Devil's Advocate for the voiceless.
Speaker 8: Oh, I just yeah, you sews yeah, black cart. But with that being said, yes, he can't get out of here, he can do all those things.
Speaker 1: But but.
Speaker 8: You got to ask yourself, why are you doing that? Like this ain't just some chump change one? Is it pride? And is it ego? And do you feel untouchable and realizing that this is untangible, are you going down there for training purposes. We see that your brothers having fun and doing certain things at a certain level, like all that stuff plays a factor into it. Like if my circle is saying, Hey, we about to go out of the country and go party and do this and that, guess what, I'm gonna be more inclined to do that. If I if my circle says, hey, you know what, I'm gonna stay over here at the facility and you at the facility, I'm not about to just have my authourage and be like, all right, I'm gonna go do this Like I'm gonna be more inclined to go do that. So if you want to, you ask yourself. A lot of these things can play a part into it. But ultimately, if he's a smart man, I hope that he's pulling the Ray Lewis. I hope that he's like, hey, man, I'm doing this because I need to go be by myself and get into that dungeon and just lock back into where I can go do something.
Speaker 1: It's a possibility we don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 8: But but that you got Pete Ba. But with that being said, once you get to a certain level, we all know that there's those players that make enough money to where they have their own regimens. Aaron Rodgers would go out the country and go do whatever he did. Well, that's such a bad comp's that's not a bad thing for his overall body of working.
Speaker 7: I'm just talking about at this stage in his career, which is, oh, yeah, you're good, you finished with now you're good. Like I'm just all I'm saying is like me, personally, I don't think he should be down there. I think perception is everything, especially when you don't there's so many questions about the defense.
Speaker 1: Who's going to be the leader?
Speaker 8: Is Michael Parsons the face of it, This can be your chance to cement yourself as the leader of the Dallas Cowboys defense. Being a former leader in interception, There's so many things that you could be doing in.
Speaker 1: The right direction now.
Speaker 8: Also, like I said, I just played Devil's advocate because I'm saying he could be doing this for whatever reason. It could be personal reasons. We don't know because he has not talked to us. But give him the dignity of doing that. He is a proven player and a proven started in this league. And if the Cowboys, if you don't hear Stephen Jones or Jerry Jones out here, because we know Jerry says what's on his mind. If you don't hear Jerry saying he needs to get down here and this is a big distraction, then it might not be as big a distraction as we're making it to be.
Speaker 1: But it's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: What's understood don't need to be stated in situations like this. And you've already signed your deal and you already know you talked about the eighty percent of whatever it is.
Speaker 7: You have to be here for OTAs. I understand that athletes are superstitious and you know, for whatever reasons, whoever, whatever, all a liniment you've been you had on you, I get it right, but you have to show up. This is This is Brian Schottenheimer's first ota IS as a head coach, and he is building Trayvon Diggs. Was it twenty twenty one where he set the record eleven interceptions?
Speaker 1: That was at the year? I want to say that was it, But he and Deron Bland, these are two.
Speaker 7: These are two guys that we haven't been able to see play at the same time, and injuries have derailed that for both of these guys. And finally we're at a place, even coming off of the injury that he had last season, where both of these guys could tip may be healthy for the beginning of the season. That would be huge for the Dallas Cowboys defensive would be huge for the psyche of this team and an organization and fan base. And I think he's missing an opportunity. I don't understand for the half a million, Like you know, I'm being able to make it up on the back end or somewhere else. That's a half a million today, not tomorrow. And that is what I don't think is smart for him in a from a business aspect. But I want when I see these these videos of these clips of him rehabbing, I'm like, Okay, that's cool, But where you need to be is here with this Dallas Cowboys rehab with these doctors here and working with the team and understanding and getting the vibe for the just overall aura that they're building here in this environment.
Speaker 1: And he's missing out on that.
Speaker 4: So, according to Calvin Waking, he quotes Dixon's contract, sayce he loses a half million dollars of his nine million dollars space salary if he doesn't complete at least eighty four percent of the workouts. And he also says, with these organized team activities which are voluntary right now, the team is ninety five percent of the team is here working out right now. And he goes on to say it's not a good look. That's a Calvin Waker will say, hey, it's not a good look. And he also talks about Parsons not being here. But I think we all know and understand Michael Parsons is a stratespy or that that digs, and he's not coming off of injuries.
Speaker 1: And that's the and that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 8: He is not coming off of injury, injuries, and that's why me personally do I think he should be here coming off of injury. On top of that, Micah not being here, like I said, this is the chance to solidify yourself, like if you plan on playing however much longer and going to get that bag, like this is the opportunity where like, hey, Michael's not here. We know why he's not going to be here, but now we're looking for our next big name and that's star leader.
Speaker 1: And so that's.
Speaker 8: Where I feel like he's doing himself a disservice. But not even even if you didn't come every single day, like you said, Let's get this straight, it is voluntary at least if you showed up two out of the three days. Because we all know those vets that when you came into the locker room and it's like, oh, I got to leave out at the end of the week to go take care of this and that, like you need to be here in some form and capacity. But I also know that certain guys when they wasn't here, you looked at them and said.
Speaker 1: Hey, like, oh, I know why he's not here.
Speaker 8: And so my question is, has he proven to people that he's a guy that don't need to be here right now?
Speaker 6: And you got a new defensive coordinator, you know that you got to figure out the defensive coordinator. And not only that, you put more pressure on yourself. I mean, cause if you come in in the beginning of the season, you don't have football field, you don't ball out.
Speaker 1: We all know how it works. We all know how it worked outside.
Speaker 6: But people in the building, we know they gonna be like, oh, I told you he ain't a worker. You're gonna get that narrative started. So it's a lot of pressure you putting on yourself.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, man, quote the great Darren Hambrick and Chris Being.
Speaker 4: You were there when he said this, what do voluntary mean?
Speaker 1: We know what it means, mean what it means, and so.
Speaker 5: Like a Parsons voluntary, it's gonna be different.
Speaker 4: Diggs is voluntary, then Guiden's voluntary.
Speaker 5: Dak Prescott wife had a baby last week.
Speaker 1: Next day he's still here.
Speaker 8: And that's and that's what's gonna make it bad for you to say, like, oh, this man just had a baby and he showed up the very next day here and accountable. It's like people look at you or so, Like I said, perceptions everything, and it's like the great Bill Parcell, like I just had to play double's advocate and say I would hope that it's a great reason he's doing it, like Ray Lewis, because people understood if Ray wasn't in the building, everyone in the building, it's because of that. But I'm going to sit here and say that for you to be gone, you're messing up your duckies. Bill Parcell came in there and said, hey, one day I had a backup quarterback. He was sleeping my meeting He said, I walked over there, woke him up and fired him. When the media asked him where was he at and it was time to talk to him, he said he was sleeping my meeting. He didn't want to be here and that was a disrespect to me. A reporter asked him and said, what would you done at Dalls Philipson? He said that Philip sim you know what I did. I'd have walked over there just like I did the other cat, and I had have tapped him on the shoulder just like I did him, and I said, hey, you need a pillow.
Speaker 4: When Ray Lewis was this Ray Posts Super Bowl MVP Ray and established you.
Speaker 1: Earned your right, that's why.
Speaker 8: But I did I not just say a few minutes ago, And you got to ask yourself, like.
Speaker 1: To other people, has he earned that right? But to himself obviously.
Speaker 7: He feels like what s what ses me is the perception because the perception is not always reality, and you can't overcome that. You know, as as football players, you got your helmet on, nobody's hearing what you're saying, so you could be perceived. However, the media and everybody else is saying it. You're talking about Hey, first game of the season out there versus the Philadelphia A. J. Brown burns you on an eighty yard bomb? What is everybody going to talk about? And it's gonna beat it in the building?
Speaker 6: Seen like cats didn't come around and Henna be ready for But that's a that's.
Speaker 7: Another question and you cannot answer that because he's not in the building. You don't know that, and that's those are questions that you need to have answered because Hey, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know about yild but in two more months it gets funky.
Speaker 4: Got to get a break break in here when we come back, it's still not done. The Michael Parsons steal. Let's dive into that. Next question plays bring gaming on.
Speaker 1: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yettie store?
Speaker 5: Letter rip Troy.
Speaker 11: All right, folks, does get started with the Yeddi French Press and George Calvi the State's Hot for hours and French Press third rounds for you six four with the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mix waterproof bags, bags of waterproof, some werstale waterproof, Devil's waterproof bag bagsports, most of water should get a water prove Yetia bag got smell something, cooking pole new cash Iron skillets made to be passed down like Mammas resciple. You take a steak, cornbit, commerce, pop, pine and potatoes. Next over we three sizers of Yetti cash Iron.
Speaker 12: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 1: Today life is a workout.
Speaker 13: And Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 1: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 13: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal he's a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot Com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Hey, Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 10: Prescott keeps it slides with the first.
Speaker 12: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect pro.
Speaker 10: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 12: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: To the players Loud.
Speaker 8: The weekend, It's bringing the After Hours Tool to Dawn Stadium Tour at AT and T Stadium August twenty seventh to twenty eight Catch this all new show in support of the full album trilogy with Playboy Cardi and special gifts Mike Dean. Get your tickets today at seek geek dot com, the official ticketing partner for AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 14: Take a look. It's up read ray.
Speaker 1: Better than last week. We gon next it's gonna be a spot on.
Speaker 5: It comes over. I like culture, leadership, degree communication.
Speaker 1: Gig up, there we go, yig guys, higg coachable baby.
Speaker 5: I love oops can read. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: And we play football too. Colin Kaepernick, don't know, no, don't no, no, no, let's get about the league.
Speaker 4: You guys, got anybody in the league. Now, you got anybody in the league, Okay, do a lot of them. Quiet, we got a lot of your quarterback now the league?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 8: You you focused on one person, man, like how many cute dogs y'all.
Speaker 1: Got out here?
Speaker 4: Focused on the dude that it ain't illegally, I just asked you about who's in there now, Man, we ain't got to do We ain't got to do a man while y'all doing the you know, okay, the break off we talked about that.
Speaker 1: I do not like that.
Speaker 5: Boy here likes barking.
Speaker 1: Words. I could have way, I could have the ball.
Speaker 5: Here things.
Speaker 1: We don't do that.
Speaker 5: About.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 7: Today hopefully the Q still got a fraternity. Let's do it, man, Come on, Michael Parsons needs to get paid, need to get paid.
Speaker 4: Jones got sensitive this week a little bit, MANA all the questions, you know, the questions are coming. Yeah, And that's the part that he was frustrated about taking the question what else is there going to be asked right now? Because you're going down the same road again. A key player who must be signed, A key player who the defensive coordinators would love to have right here in the OTA so they can get to know him, he gets to know them. We saw last year Mike Zimmer speaking about some of the challenges that he had in bringing in his new defense and trying to make the pieces fit. There was not one hundred percent buy in last year from guys. So why not make sure your best defensive player, your weapon, is happy, signed and plugged in with the new coaches. That's the part for me that I just say, like, man, guys, get this done. Hasn't gotten done yet?
Speaker 1: What you think, man, Man, you gotta get that done. Man. Whoever, it's time, what it's time to make you playing happy.
Speaker 8: It's time to roll out the red the red coats, like the red carpet, whatever you want to call it, whatever analogy. You got to make them happy, Like why why not? Especially when they're proven, like he's proven that he's a premier pass rusher, your defensive coordinator on them, They're like, you're missing your jail right now, Like why not bring Batman in here right now? And you have the legion of you're trying to form the super Friends right now. You can't even do that because Batman's not here to take off.
Speaker 7: So I think the frustration, the frustrating thing is that is the theatrics of the contracts. Each and every season, you have guys that need to get signed. You know this, prior to I'm gonna say, Tyler Smith needs to get taken care of.
Speaker 1: Deron Bland is gonna be you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So all of these guys that are going to be reaching the platform, how are those gonna be taken over? And with Micah's deal to me, and seemingly it seems easy because you're gonna make him one of the highest non quarterbacks in the league. So get to the numbers and this whole back and forth about who's his agent, and you know, like, look, you know exactly who his agent is. The deal should already be done by now. And if we extend this all the way through camp and have to go through this with michaeh especially like again with Brin Schoenhamer's first year as a head coach, that would be disappointing to me for it to be right before the.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia Eagles game.
Speaker 7: Michael Parsons is now back in the locker room because you know that this can get messy, and they can ill afford for this to get messy, especially with this new coaching staff.
Speaker 1: I agree with y'all. He needs to be paid.
Speaker 6: I agree to one hundred percent. The one thing I'm saying for the owners is they I don't believe they want this to be like the NBA. Like the NBA is a player driven they strong arm, Hey, I want to get traded.
Speaker 1: Hey, I want to go here, I want to go there. I'm strong arm in everybody. They don't.
Speaker 6: I don't believe the owners want the NFL to be like that. So how many years Michael Parsons got left? He has what this year? And if you're an option, if you know well they will be next year is the fifth next year? If you're so, I mean, I get from the owner's perspective, they don't want to be strong armed like this, this is our league. We will let you understand when when we want you all to get paid. But I agree with y'all one hundred percent. You don't want this to snowball until it's it's a situation where you got pay the man forty five mil or something crazy like that.
Speaker 8: And that's the biggest thing is about Like it's like my dad used to always say, I'm not about to have a pisson match, Like at the end of the day, play the game within the game, play chess and not checkers. And so from the owner's perspective, yes, you don't want it to be a player driven league. But also from an owner's perspective, if I'm an owner, I'm gonna say, hey, and hey, they get paid far more than me.
Speaker 1: It's the reason why they're in the cease that they're in.
Speaker 8: But if I'm playing Madden at home on my franchise, I'm gonna try to get this man taking.
Speaker 1: Care of last year, so I ain't gotta do it this fifth year.
Speaker 8: Wh that price, Like what DJ Kellen said, yesterday's price ain't today's price. And it keeps going up. So if he comes back in here do everything that he's capable of doing, that price tag just got that much higher. You haven't seen t J. White got paid like Miles Garretton got paid. So like when you could have made him the highest player player non QB player by one dollar, just more than that, I guarantee you he would have took it, and that it wouldn't have been.
Speaker 1: And that was fat Joe, And so that said, yesterday's fat, But here's the kalient. Well no, no, no, it's a here's it's fat job said, here's the right. DJ Kalen made it famous. What are you thinking?
Speaker 7: But all right, and Jimmy, it was Jimmy Johnson that said that about the quarterback too.
Speaker 1: So I mean, look, here's the deal. I got a great quote. It's it's okay, it's okay in this why.
Speaker 7: Is why, this is why, this is why my point about get it done, Get it done. Get him in the building, whether it's a Pisson match or whatever it is, the brinks truck up and don't allow for the season to start with your defensive leader, not in the clubhouse.
Speaker 1: And he's doing everything right. He's trying to he's trying. He's not in trouble.
Speaker 8: He's trying everything right. Heil he built the brand. That's on the it's on part with the America's not in trouble. It's the players.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: Hey, bro, you're gonna stop trying to do that. Like just like, get your pinky up, baby, we take.
Speaker 1: That Take that shot. Take that shot. You take that shot. You've been acting different, bro, that's all. That's all. That's all you I've been a.
Speaker 4: Different by the way, shout out yeah Harrison for the shade butter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how you're looking right, you're not sharing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do the new thing. No, don't worry about me.
Speaker 7: It's a special special requests.
Speaker 1: Wow, I got you. Wow you got man?
Speaker 5: Know what about well my man ice bag?
Speaker 1: Where where was at the next side?
Speaker 5: About that?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 1: I brought you back?
Speaker 6: Christ christer, crack gaming, crack you nik?
Speaker 1: Why but I know I'm the new guy. But can I put my little ash?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 7: All that money that Wow, you're probably all that money you got ain't but always you got.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying I like I wish I had some parents, don't get don't give grooming charter.
Speaker 5: That sound Chris goodbye.
Speaker 3: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club