Speaker 1: Hi everyone. I'm Devin Simone and I'm.
Speaker 2: Davon Rogers and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: What Whooo. Okay, So we were going to have Jay on because y'all know we can go all season, and I have Jay on because Jay was running things. If Michelle was the Godfather, Jay was I don't know whoever the person next to the godfather was in the movies. I don't remember, but you know the person that was my son's name. There's got to be a name. We need to figure that out. There's a name, but anyway, Jay was that. But it seems like Jay got lost in the woods when he was banished in the middle of the final He's still looking for his way home. So that or he's scared to be on the podcast. You decide which one it is. And you know what's interesting day about this, right because we create a safe space, right, and some people don't love when we create a safe space in the sense that we want to give you room to say your piece, whether we agreed with what you did on the show or not. We want to give you room to say your piece, to talk to the listeners and challenge watchers, all of that stuff. I know I got some flak about being too easy on a live I don't know if you got that as well day, but it's like, look that when we want people to be able to come on and at least say what they're feeling thinking. Now, we may side e it a bit, we may challenge some things to you. If you say something in our presence we think it's crazy, but otherwise give you space. But the criticism. What's interesting is the criticism Jay's currently getting online. I don't know if you've seen it is not solely off of the fact that he was like pulling strings, which he was, but it's also off the fact that he throws rocks and hides his hands rather than stand on it.
Speaker 2: I think that he's missing an opportunity by not coming to talk to us, because if you that's one thing I learned about being in reality TV, and I'm pretty sure you have to. If you don't tell your story, you leave room open for people to write. You gotta tell it, to say whatever they want to say, and create whatever narrative if they want to. That's why it's so important for you to tell your story so we can watch a.
Speaker 3: Show world period. We can watch the show and we can see how it's.
Speaker 2: Edited, but only you know what you meant behind them, only you in the gaps, absolutely exactly, So definitely missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: A missed opportunity as a whole. Plus it's like, look, if you're gonna make those moves, because there's also debates around are you a real champion if you never had to go into a final and if you had everyone do your dirty work? And I do think people are forgetting that in more recent seasons that we've seen CT dominate, we've seen bananas dominate. Those fools aren't going into the oregas. They don't have to. That's why they made the skulls rule. They're smart. We didn't even know CT was on Spies, Lies and Allies until the second to last episode. He wasn't even mentioned in the credits, like his confessional count time was aboutero point two six seconds until the last two episodes, but then he won the whole thing, So I think you can. But I think the difference is when you make such big, bold moves and you hide your hands, like I even think Michelle, yes she was the godfather, she's running things with. Michelle kind of owned up to the definitely like yeah, Michelle was like Nope, this is the move, this is what we're doing. Like and I respect that. I appreciate that. I also appreciate the happy birthday shout out, thanks Michelle, But I do I respect that at the very least, even if I didn't agree with all the gameplay and moves she made, at least she's like going up to it. Whereas Jay wanted to be victim. It was weird. It was weird. It's weird, and so we gave him opportunity to come talk here. A word on the street is he does get a stern talking to and or yelling at. I don't know on the reunion. So we will have to wait and see. And y'all know we're gonna be dissecting the reunion.
Speaker 3: You can't run from the reunion. You can't run from the reunion.
Speaker 1: But just because we don't have a guest doesn't mean we don't have things to say.
Speaker 3: Ooh, what an episode. Wake Up Day, Boni's final.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited Part one, Part one, Part one, Because you know TJ loves a good cliffhanger, right, he also likes really nasty foods, which we're gonna get into momentarily because he is having way too much fun.
Speaker 3: Girl, Because what was the reason TJ.
Speaker 1: TJ is so unseerious talking about my chefs prepared, TJ, you need to hire some new chefs then, because I don't the things that they make. I I and then the eyeball, I just oh, oh, oh, oh oh.
Speaker 3: I got the letters from home.
Speaker 2: I just want to start there, yes, because that's after you know, how you play the season and maybe you'll get a phone call occasionally, but then like to get an actual letter from somebody you love from home, It's like ah, and they're right at the final. It's like, okay, now I'm recharged. Now I remember why this is happening.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we never had that in our finals. I'm not bitter about it, but we never hit that in our finals. But I feel like that is we did have that my senior year of high school though, and it was very sweet. And I think it's so sweet seeing this. But two things that stood out to me, Oh, Emanuel getting a letter from his girlfriend, the one that apparently he forgot that he had Okay, he was cupcaking all season or canoodling or movie watching with arms around me. I don't know, you know, depends on which girl you asked, but not him suddenly being like, oh, this reminded me, you've forgotten, like it's an usher song. You remind me of book. No, no, Immanuel, no.
Speaker 3: You need better.
Speaker 1: I wonder what letters she's sending now. I'm curious. I feel like you should find out. But that was that was interesting. And then Berna, like, I know, Berna can be so like challenging and to some people, right, Like we've heard people say in the house that she can be tough, and we've seen her be tough on herself, but I don't know about you day, but seeing her reaction to not getting a letter from her mom and just talking about like everybody else seemed recharged by their letters, and Berna was sort of like, I'm by myself. It was Yeah, that was hard.
Speaker 3: It was definitely awful to watch, you know.
Speaker 2: Previously she spoke about the relationship or lack thereof, between her and her mom and how complicated it is between the two of them, and so not getting a letter and not hearing from anyone like it just oh baby, I just want the hugger because that has to be rough, and then you see and support around you from everyone else. You know, everyone has these people that love and care about them. So to sit there and feel alone in an environment that she already felt alone in, you know what I mean, it's like, yeah, so, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to hugger. I just really wanted to give.
Speaker 1: Her a hug. Yeah. Same, That's that's really really tough. I actually think, like I think Bernad, deep down at her core, it's actually a sweetheart. I think she just has a really tough exterior and it's also really critical of herself. And so yeah, that was just that was just hard to see, you know, wanted to send her love and support and and we kind of see her being tough on herself throughout this final TiO. But no one is tougher on them than TJ's chef. I mean, they're kicking off the final, they get there right, all right, kicking off the final with an energy drink that there's some nasty energy drinks on the market day, but none is gross, Oh my gosh. Beats and tuna and tuna oil mayo. No, And I like all of those things individually. I just don't want them to gather, not.
Speaker 3: Together in a combination. Just throw it in a blender and give it to them. Maybe. All right, what who's mind? Come on?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: This is horrible.
Speaker 1: This is people's stomach linings. I've got to be destroyed. Can you imagine there's stomach linings? Have just got to be perman.
Speaker 2: What was the the jalapeno shots? Nurse was throwing them back like it was no big deal.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie, ma'am, ma'am. Haven't you had a good spicy margarita? Hallapeno margarita? I mean those are that's really good? Wait, Davion, you don't like spie? Okay, we need to have that's a whole separate conversation. Just when you think you know a person, let this be a listen. Just when you think you know a person, you do a podcast with them for years, and then all of a sudden they hit you with they don't like spicy? What even is that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So now we go to the looking for a chest of ropes in a castle while connected by rope. I hate these connected by rope challenges they just give they like. I think it makes me feel claustrophobic or something. It's weird. I don't like being chained to anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, girl, That's not my deal at all, whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a situation where you have to really be dependent on the people around you.
Speaker 1: And I don't like him.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm a team player at heart, but in situations that's too much of a team like I want to be a solo artist to some extent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a little too intrusive for me, you know.
Speaker 2: I think that going through this challenge and having to collect the ropes, I feel like in the beginning, right, I feel like, in the beginning, Corey made the smartest decision in this situation because he didn't carry any ropes throughout the whole process of looking for the chest right, So everyone else is already getting tired. They're carrying around the ropes just on the search, you know. And then we get Corey and he loses his orange robe. And I'm gonna tell you, Devin, I'm gonna tell you something. In my personal opinion, I wasn't there, so I don't know the full ins and out, but in my personal opinion, I do not think him dropping that rope was the sole reason they didn't complete the challenge, I don't think so. I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: What you then, what else do you think contributed to it?
Speaker 3: They couldn't figure it out, That's what I think.
Speaker 2: They couldn't figure it out because remember, only certain ropes went to certain pieces, so you would have to measure them right, you would have to make sure that this one went over here and this one did that. I think it was like, I think everyone played a part in it. It was a team situation. I think like he's innocent, of course, but I don't think he was the sole reason that it wasn't finished. I think it was just easier to put the blame on him because he meant visible.
Speaker 1: Mistake, right, And I kind of don't blame them for that because it, yeah, right, I kind of don't blame them for being like, we're just gonna be mad at Corey in that and that highesture situation right where you're stressed, a lot of money's on the line. Like, I kind of don't blame them, but I think you probably have a point where maybe it wasn't solely Corey dropping the rope that was the issue of why they lost some money. But TJ. Shure does love taking money back. I don't know if he feels like he's having to pay higher taxes or what, but he this season is really all about being like hey, yeah, He's just like, hey, I'm gonna take it good. I'm put this right back in my pocket. It's just a lot. So then we go into the control elimination and everyone votes in Corey, and Corey even votes himself in, and I respect that. I do. Wait, I hear you make a sound.
Speaker 3: Wait what are you we going to the same page, because I was really proud of him, like, okay, let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like that was good. Especially I feel like it's a bit of a one eighty of what we saw earlier in the season where he was just kind of like reckless and didn't care about anyone in only self preservation. And here we are in the final. And I mean, also, let's be fair, Corey can do math, and so Corey knows that like everybody else, so you might as well just like himself in. But I still think ultimately it's commendable. But my how the tables turned here and this is why I got out.
Speaker 3: Yes, Corey said it's time.
Speaker 1: The time has come, we didn't see that twist at all.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't prepared at all. And you know that that was so good.
Speaker 2: The unfortunate part about it, well fortunate unfortunate part about it for j was the fact that his strategy of building the boxes on the uh in the little piece that was on the floor, that was great because all he had to do was pick them up and stack them, you know, pick him up by fours or by three or whatever and stack them.
Speaker 3: So he had a great strategy.
Speaker 2: But when he just like he was too confident, he was too confident, and they slid all off the board. It just went everywhere, and I was like, oh, Jay, then his nerves started getting the best of him. And I will honestly say that not for the second time, because the first time, when he was in there crying into that T shirt for Louise, I felt bad for But this time was the second time this season that I actually felt bad for him because you could see that it was eating, it was eating at him that he knew he was going home, and I'm just like, oh, Jay.
Speaker 1: I was just eating watching it. I didn't feel bad at all. I mean, I understand the stress I've been in You know, I get that and can have empathy towards that, but I think how he's played the game this far, and I don't even mean him not going into elimination because I don't hold judgment against that, right, I've spoken of that before, but I feel like the way he handled it all season wasn't my favorite. And so you know, Karma, like, like you just said, you felt he was overconfident in this particular elimination, right, he was over confident, and I feel like that was his scene the whole season. Did we didn't ever see any humility ever ever, like at all. I even feel like with Michelle there were moments of humility that we saw, like some moments. We never saw that with Jay Now we just happened to see it during the final when Corey sent him home. Ah. Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh like that, but yeah, I just I just thought that was really that's wild. You have two people running the game the whole entire season and both of them leave like basically hours before the money is assigned, you know, or like one is wild, but it just shows you the twist that is the challenge, which and the fact that Corey sent Ja well I mean, I actually feel like Corey should get some props. Yeah, Like that's actually a little wild. That's like pretty wild to just see how they were going, that's wild. The way he was running.
Speaker 2: Ups those puzzle pieces like this, this this speed, this strength, like this focus, this how he zoned in. I have not seen that Corey all season, and so to see him like, okay, well I did that intentionally, so I wanted them to think I was weak, and now that we're here, let me show them exactly what I can do, right I did.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that they target Rossio and Kylon so much, which granted they are formidable poep like, I mean, obviously their threats, that's not a question. But like the fact that they just silently slept on Corey, I don't know that that was the smartest. I mean, he's a physical specimen. Like if you've seen Corey in person, Corey is not small. He is strong, he is tall, he is smart, like.
Speaker 3: He is kind, he is important, he.
Speaker 1: Is so Yeah, it's wild, But props Cory for making that happen. All right, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're ready, because I'm ready, and I think we already Okay, Now let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: You pointed out the TJ had a little slick comeback when he was talking about me the control. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Telling each player, you know, how they contributed to the game. He gets to J and he's like, you have ran or been the leader. Oh no, You've had complete control over a loyal alliance.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, DJ, you just slicked told these people that they were puppets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, letting these people know that they have been puppets for this entire game. But at the end of the day, the puppets made it. I mean, shout out to the Pinocchios and the Pinocchioshes.
Speaker 3: They all got it.
Speaker 1: I know, right that as that is true and you see that it literally was like kind of the middle crew. With the exception of Nourice, it was kind of the people hanging in the middle that ended up staying in the house, you know what I mean, Like not the ones winning everything in the most verbal but not the ones at the very literally just kind of like the middle.
Speaker 3: C Colleen, Yes, Colleen, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The people who you I didn't expect trying to make it to the final, right, and so now it's like I'm looking up at the people in the final and I'm like, Colleen, I forgot you know, hey girl, but what I forgot that she was there a lot of times until you know her and the rest that back and more, and so for her to get there, it's like, oh girl, but.
Speaker 3: You know she she she ain't been doing things. She ate the hell out that food. I tell you that right now. Shout out to her. She put that food.
Speaker 1: She didn't do her thing in this final, get out of here. She now the yeah, now the eating challenge, my girl, she killed it. She killed it. So we're talking about like in Chaos right where they had the different stages. So there was the untangled the rope thing. Everybody seemed to do decent enough ish with that. Oh well, Berna was struggling and her growin. You know, I've never fully pulled a groin muscle. But I kind of I don't want I'm not gonna speak insistence. I don't want to have it, but like I do kind of wonder because she seemed like she was in just full blown pain. And Berna's really like flexible and active because she's in circus all that stuff, so like, I'm curious, just it seemed like it was debilitating for her, So yeah, I'm curious, like how bad that was, But I don't I don't actually want to tap to myself.
Speaker 3: Norese happened to do all of this work.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. That yet Nourise. When Nourse was doing well the kayak was hilarious. The fact that Therese was like, I saw Maria and kayak last time, so so I'm not that hopeful. And then when they had to do the cutting thing, Nourise and Colleen you also had something very much to say about this, Yeah, because I.
Speaker 3: Would have made Colleen carry the damn boxes back by herself, because what else are you doing? What else are you doing?
Speaker 1: Theresa is doing all of this word Colleen didn't even try. She did it.
Speaker 3: You can do it, girl, you can do it. If you don't move, I need you to be physical. I do not need your work.
Speaker 1: And then when Pice was like I hurt my hand, Colleen didn't even say anything.
Speaker 3: That nothing. Colleen was like your bed, it really didn't.
Speaker 1: That was so poor Nourice and she just had an uphill battle all season. And then get this. So then you see the eating portion, right, and Colleen does demolish that, and Berna Bernard does want to eat it. And then she tells Colleen and German, I can't stand you pressuring me, like.
Speaker 3: She says, you gotta get away from me. Take all that encouragement over there. Yes, and teachers.
Speaker 1: Like Collein, you're not gonna help your teamate Colleen's like I tried, and Colley goes back over. I was like, Bernard, can I help you? And Berno was like, I mean, you can sit here if you want.
Speaker 3: Unless you can eat the food. There's nothing you can do for me.
Speaker 1: I cannot. It's like unintentionally comical. Meanwhile, everybody else went through and then Corey, like Corey stopped throwing up so loud. He turns around and looks at them.
Speaker 2: Like, show me the way to silently throw show me okay, but you really don't have to be that loud. Sometimes you do it as strategy. I thought he was doing this strategically.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: You know, see your rain does things like that. That's a that's a valid point. I wonder if he was. I'm to text him because that's actually good because some.
Speaker 3: People, if they just hear the sound of vomit, they will vomit.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They were doing that on one of my seasings, and luckily.
Speaker 2: I wasn't eating, so I was singing on top of it because they were trying to do it to my partners, I just start singing on top of it.
Speaker 3: But yes, it's definitely can be it can be used as a strategy. That's what I thought he was doing.
Speaker 1: I thought Corey was just being blissfully unaware as sometimes we see what they do.
Speaker 2: So is racking up these first places.
Speaker 3: I mean racking you know. And I feel so bad.
Speaker 2: Because I feel in the beginning when it was Manu to reach, was that the first couple?
Speaker 1: I think that was nose. Emmanuel and Colleen were the first one.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, oh they were the final one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the final it was a Manuel Colleen right, first one.
Speaker 3: Close my mouth, never mind, it doesn't even matter, no, tell me what we say.
Speaker 2: Because if they were the pair in like the beginning, and they stayed paired all the way out, I think they would have been a force to be reckoned with.
Speaker 1: Oh, one hundred percent, That's what I was thinking the minute we saw them together yeah.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the fact that they had them jumbled and everybody had to be with at least one person the whole time, because even at the end, TJ said get the person who you have not been with, so everybody had to.
Speaker 3: Work together at some point in time.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was really really good, really really really.
Speaker 1: I mean they they did that on free agents. They balanced it out, and I definitely was the burner. I don't say I was the Colleen, but I was probably the burner of the group, meaning I was the slowest of the pairs that we had to do or well yeah, no, although Bananas and I finished the second checkpoint the fastest. Yeah, but it's because we figured out the puzzle, that's why. It's not because we were running. He had to carry me on his back part time. But anyway, yeah, where they did that sort of rotate. Yeah, this is why I love Bananas. Bananas was CT's backpack and I was Banana's backpack, so it worked out. But yeah, that's always tough and a good way though, to even out the game because you're not permanently paired with someone. But I agree, I wish it had been n recent and Manuel at least at the first pairing, because she did just keep getting the crap end. And then by the time she and e Manuel were paired, she was in a hard place. And I kind of feel like she didn't try as hard to be honest, because she knew if she got the best time, okay, great, you know you want to make up and have a better time because you don't know how this is gonna affect you overall. But she also knew if she and Manuel got first place, that meant he got first place within the chaos portion, and therefore he was one hundred percent voting her in. And just like, what do you do?
Speaker 3: What do you do in this situation?
Speaker 2: Do I hurt myself or either way she's gonna you know, potentially yeah, with the short end of the stick.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like it was. It was sort of sad because Nourise is the people's chance. I'm gonna just say this is in Nourse is the people's chant. She's just fought so hard and she keeps like a smile on her face though I mean she'll smack you if you smile too hard at her downfall. I believe, well, she's working on it, but she's been keeping like when TJ gives them the next stages of the final and new challenge, like she always has just like an energy of like, Okay, head down, I'm gonna do my best, and I just I respect that so much.
Speaker 3: Girl the running who runs?
Speaker 1: Like that? Who run?
Speaker 2: Because this challenge has this, this this final has been running, running and eating. Okay, And when they're running and they're encouraging each other, like Emanuel was like, oh, you're doing a good job, and She's like, oh, thank you, Corey, Oh you're doing a good job.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Talking and running? Like I can't breathe just watching you guys run. So where you find trying to do that is absolutely insane? Like the running is rediculous. Probably couldn't do it final, I'm just gonna go ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean, probably can do.
Speaker 1: It better than them yelling obscenities like Zach did I, Yeah, I couldn't. I don't like running. We already know that. I don't like running at all, and so yeah, that's hard speaking of the of the you know, the support we're seeing, although honestly, okay, hot take, I kind of feel like when we saw the running, like with the chains, for example, we're going I know we're going back, but like and I saw Jay kind of like trying to encourage encourage Corey. I just felt like it was a manipulation tactic. Like I just felt like, we're trying to encourage him to keep going till we can collectively, you know, get what we need to get done done. Not because I actually am like Corey love Yeah. Whereas like with Imanuel when he got paired with Berna, it was actually really sweet. I liked seeing him encourage Berna when Burna was like, I'm so sorry, like I'm gonna try and do my best, and he like kiss her on the forehead and was just like, don't worry. You got like you're gonna do your best. I just thought that was really sweet because it seems like he's been the family for her that maybe she's been missing, and it was just nice seeing that side of him. Manuel. I thought that was really sweet and compassionate. But I don't know if we're gonna still think he's sweet and compassionate because he wins the chaos as we predicted he would because he was just side note. I feel like the path has just been cleared for Emmanuel to dom me. But he's making each of these legs look easy, like it's wild.
Speaker 2: No one's given him a run for his money. Once Jay was gone, it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And now that I think about it, was he always a secret threat? You know? Like was he just like undercovered the whole time? And he's like a dominating monster and all the different thing, you know what I mean? Like I'm really intrigued now. Some people have said that he's like the vampire Jordan or something like that. I don't know that I'm paraphrasing.
Speaker 2: He played hard on his social game. His social game got him to the final. Once he got to the final, he was like cool, time to unleash the beast. And that's what I think happening. He like really relied on his game. Nobody wanted to put him in, and he was like everybody they were friends. If not friends, then they were flirting. You know, he played the f game.
Speaker 3: Friends are flirting.
Speaker 2: One of the two was going on, and they didn't want to put him in, and so he made it all the way.
Speaker 1: That's a huge rated way for you to put it. Davon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, yeah, no the lord. So you know, here we go.
Speaker 1: So That's a really good point though. Yeah, I wonder if he's the vampire Jordan. People should be worried because we know that Jordan is just fricking yeah, you know, amazing, one of the greats, so like, and I think the thing with Jordan, though, is he always came out the gate with a big mouth, like talking a lot. So he had targets on him really early because he just was always. Because he was always, even before he had sort of proved that he can back up what he says, he still just came out of the gate really hot words. He meant. Well, he's just literally been so chill and quiet, and.
Speaker 3: Jordan is very much so I know what I can do. You don't know what I can do, but I know what I can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Manuel's been quiet about it. And let me let me find out that, I mean, well, is actually a rock star. Well, we may not like him next week, because next week they left us in the cliffhanger. We were about to see who he throws in. Who do you think it's gonna be day, I think it's gonna be the reason.
Speaker 2: And I mean, at this point, it just makes sense, like for her underdog story, it just makes sense for her to go into another. We expect it, you know, and then we also expect her to come out on top, like.
Speaker 3: You know, that's my little engine that could Who do you think?
Speaker 1: So if it is her, who do you think she picks to go against?
Speaker 2: She picks Berna. Berna's very weak right now. And I don't mean I don't mean like she's a weak person. I mean mentally mentally she's not there. Mentally, she's checked out.
Speaker 1: That's actually a good point.
Speaker 3: She checked out.
Speaker 1: She yeah, and she has the most We've been told that they dislike each other, although they killed it. They did the challenge together. They did so good, they worked so well together. I was so proud of both of them, so good, said.
Speaker 3: Man, I did this and survivor.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'd love to see them pairs of together, like like put their differences aside and work together, because I also think actually that they would be one hell of a team. Oh yeah, I mean they both have tempers, o lord, but I feel like they could be one hell of a duo. Oh. I would hate if she picked Berna. I kind of feel like she should pick Colleen.
Speaker 2: She she grabs burn or she kicks Colleen that's another one I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, because Colleen timed out on everything, and did you catch Colleen? You know what? This is actually gonna move us into our timeouts? All right? Can I just I'm gonna just roll into my timeout nominations? All right? So my nominations for Time Out of the Week are the first one has got to be Colleen because I don't know if you peep this, but Colleen had the audacity to say in her talking head interviews she was like, yeah, you know, I've timed out three times in a row, but it's a team challenge, and it felt like she was trying to deflect it onto her team. Girl, you didn't even help Narice at all. Yes, you ate, but you also weren't that helpful in the other challenge too. So let's let's so Colleen is nominated for Time Out of the week. Jay is nominated for Time Out of the Week for obvious reasons, and then my other nomination for Time Out of the Week would have to go to I guess Corey throwing up loudly, but that was more funny than anything. My real Time Out of the Week is definitely going to go to Jay because I feel like, I don't know when he was like, well, now I want Nourice to win because I don't know. I just he didn't show me a lot of redeeming qualities this whole season. I feel like in this particularly in this episode, and he was going in on Corey and then he was confident in the game and then he lost all that. He gets my time out of the week? Who gets your time out of the weekday?
Speaker 3: My time out of the week goes to Burnet and Colleen.
Speaker 2: Colleen simply because I did not appreciate the whole situation with the cutting.
Speaker 3: Of the boxes, how she did not assist Maurice.
Speaker 2: At all, and even what she did not at all maybe no no, no, no, no no. And then with Burna like, I want to give her this time out because but at the same time, it's kind of hard because you kind of have to understand mentally, she didn't get a letter from home, you know, so that's probably weighing on her heart as well, so she already feels alone. But the amount of times if she continuous excess to herself.
Speaker 3: I can't do this. I can't do this. This is too hard for me. I can't, I can't. I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Maybe I need you to get a can in your life. I need you to get a can.
Speaker 3: A will into your life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so I just feel like she just kept doubting herself and not, you know, and in so much so to where she's now combating when her and Colleen were partners, You're becoming combative.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to encourage and motivating uplift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're making it harder for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yo, all my time you costed me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I just think it's like, oh baby, So I had to give Berna and Colleen equally.
Speaker 1: Put them in corners the time out.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, who's your gonna start for this week?
Speaker 1: My go tour Numinies. Actually one of them goes to Berna. And here's why I love some growth. And Berna when she was doing the puzzle challenge with he Manuel, said, last time it didn't work because we both are run in our mouths. So this time I'm gonna zip it. And she sure did zip it and they sure did get that knock that puzzle out, And I'm like, okay, And especially in a situation where you're under so much pressure, it's hard to be thoughtful like that, you know what I mean, because you just kick into like instincts typically, so if your instinct is to be loud and mauthy, you're gonna like be louder and mouthier. So I loved that she was introspective in that way. And also they just seem to work well together. Emanuel and her seem to work well together. So I'm giving her gold Star nomination. I'm also giving I man weel one. I mean, I man well again. We've been looking for him in past episodes, and look he's here, and he is just giving us a plus game. I love the way he's interacting with all of his partners. I love the way he is just making all this almost look easy. I'd be remiss if I didn't give him a nomination for gold Star. And then of course the people shamp Nourice. Nourice is just everybody's She's doing all the things, and so I'm gonna have to say the gold Star. It's really a tie for me between eman and Nourice. I'm very proud of both of them.
Speaker 3: All right, now we have to take a quick break, but right back after.
Speaker 1: This, Okay, let's get back into this show. Who's your goal start day?
Speaker 3: So my goot Star nominations go to Nourice.
Speaker 2: Of course, then they also go to Corey, Eddie, Manuel, right, Emanuel, just because he's showing up right Boom, I'm here, I have arrived. I'm giving it to Corey for the same exact reason. Boom, I'm here and I have arrived, you know, and he's showing out in this final.
Speaker 3: I can also say that.
Speaker 2: He's been encouraging, he's been motivated, he's been determined, like he's really getting the job done the best that he can. And so I want to break it down between the three of those.
Speaker 3: But the person that gets the most piece of the Star is.
Speaker 2: Definitely Nourice because I feel like my girl has been drug through the mud this season and the way she holds her head high like a champ like. Of course, the title goes to the winner, but I do believe through this season she has classified herself. It's yes, she has the most champ like qualities that we see, I think this season, So I definitely want to give that to her, for sure.
Speaker 1: Well said, Well said, almost as well said as TJ was well dressed when he was on that wheel and he had on a button down, he had a little inbilum side. He had on those aviators and then he did the backwards cap thing and the wind blowing through his fur. Okay, TJ, we see you, yes, sir, love it, living for it, We appreciate it. We also appreciate some good predictions.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, predictions, Yeah, okay, Now I know we already discussed a few predictions.
Speaker 1: We were talking about Emmanuel voting in Nourice and she would possibly go against But Day, what are your other predictions for the season finale of the Challenge Battle for a new Champion?
Speaker 2: You know what, I feel heavy in my spirit that he's going to pick Nourice. And that's fine if she does go in. My girl is a war right and she is a champ in my heart, Okay, And I know she's a champ in her heart as well, And so I predict she comes up on not that thing, you know.
Speaker 3: And like I said, like I've been saying, this season is her story.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Oh, her winning this whole thing would just be like the perfect ending.
Speaker 3: To this entire season. Like I need my girl to pull it through. That would be perfect for me. What about you?
Speaker 1: Well, can we talk about too what a difference a season makes, Like I know we all like challenge fandom. By the way, I have to shout out to all the challenge fans I saw at the super Bowl last week. There were so many that came up and they are like in it to win it and listening and watching, like love you guys. That was so great. But each season, how our feelings change because think of how strongly we feel about everybody playing this season, right, Like how much you talked about Kyline, j Michelle, big Ta, Melissa, all of them, Olivia and Maurice and especially Olivia and the Reese because think about when they were in like Ride or Dies for right, Olivia was like the people's champ and Nourse was kind of the villain a little bit, and like right, and just how it completely flips. Like that's why we say it's every season you can't when we give critiques. It's literally like that season specific because next season somebody could do something else. They could steal your dog and start a business I don't know. And then suddenly it's like not.
Speaker 3: Keep hands off the poodles.
Speaker 1: Yes, keep your hands off the poodle, but back to the predictions for this season, like I want Nourice to win. I want a girl twin. I agree. Look, Sam Wi you want to say, I just think, yeah, I think that would be really cool. And I do shout out to the production because I do. When I first heard it was going to be a solo winner, I was kind of like, how is that really gonna work? Like, let's just be honest. But I do think they're doing a good job and what we saw in these most recent eliminations of creating an opportunity where it really is anyone's game. Yeah, And so I'm excited to see how the rest of this final pans out because I do think it's giving me a little bit of free agent es, like having to rotate partners, right, we did that in Free Agents in the final, much to the chagrin of anyone partnered with me. But I so, I'm just I would love to see a woman win. If it's not no resee, like, who could I stomach winning? If it's not stomach, if it's not Nourice, I really like, I don't know, I'm maybe gonna say, wait, let me remember who all's back in there? We go, Okay, it's Nourice, I Manuel, oh, Corey, Berna, Colleen, and then isn't there one more? There's one more? Who's the other person? I didn't say Mariah, right, Mariah, Okay, Yeah, I got a controversial take, all right, So it was not if it's not Nurice. So maybe this is a controversial take. And look, I was not I'm gonna just preface it with I was not living in the house, so like, I don't know, I'm just going off what we saw and what was say on the podcast. I actually, if it's not Nourice winning, I'd say I want Burne to win.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know she has mood swings that we don't like, okay, but I also just empathize after we saw the whole letter thing with her family, right, she really feels like she's on her own. I really do actually think at the core she like tries to come from a good place like I do. Maybe I'm wrong again, I wouldn't in the house, but I yeah, I kinda I want to want to take Berna under her wing and just soften her a little.
Speaker 2: Bit because then my story there, right, Yeah, once you found out what the.
Speaker 3: Story was, it's like, damn, she comes out come and talk to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I want I'd say I want Berna to be the other person and then Corey. Yeah, I'm still struggling because when I've hung out with Corey, which only like once or twice whatever, outside of all this, he's so fun, like so fun, and clearly he has great qualities because a lot of people do like him outside the show. But what I saw in the beginning of this show definitely made me kind of sigdhe at him like this season right like I didn't love so with the Twitter beef he got into and like the way he hit on the podcast and said really sweet things and then immediately after gotten more Twitter reachs with people, so like yeah, so like that kind of has me feeling a certain way. But otherwise I'd take Corey would probably be my third person, just because he's like fun.
Speaker 3: You know what. It's so funny because throughout the season we've been.
Speaker 2: Saying, how did Corey get the house to turn and get them to like him again?
Speaker 3: And I'd be damned if he didn't do it to us, you know what.
Speaker 1: You know what, you ain't lying and the Cory effect and the Cory sourcer. You ain't lying because he actually fun. Like what he was fun, So yeah that you know what, Corey, we need to talk to you. You figure out I need to come back. Yeah, I mean I still wouldn't trust you if I was playing against you in the game. But he is. He is like a fun vibe. He actually is so like and I think even though he goes back, you know what, he's kind of like burn up. The rough edges we see in him are usually him like trying to like fight hard, to defend, you know what, like feeling like an outsider out cass. He talks about that a little bit on the podcast. And so if both of them, maybe we could have a class. They could just learn that you don't need to be a pit bull. You don't even need chihuahua, because really we know chiuha's and rbitious and pit bulls anyway you can, you can their strength and vulnerability. So those are my picks and predictions. But who knows. This game has been so full of twists and turns and TJ's craziness and shenanigans. Jez Louis you know what I also want to see? Can they put this in the bloop of reels? I want to see what TJ's eating on a daily basis while he's out in these countries, because he always has people eating some crazy stuff. I want to see what in the gormet he's always talking about. My chef's made up, X, Y and Z. What What is a day in the light? What's it behind the scenes. I'd love to see that for season forty. What is it behind the scenes of a day in the life of TJ while he's out there on the channel? Is he doing a little shopping? Who does he have a stylist now, you know? Does he call it Beyonce for like tips and stuff we need? Who's making his food? That's what I want to know from TJ's Okay, that's talk, Yeah, to talk to you.
Speaker 3: We were kind of like TJ's angels anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah we really are, aren't we. Maybe that's a shirt idea. I already forgot what the other shirt idea we had was. We clearly didn't execute it. I didn't take my medication that day.
Speaker 3: I need you to focus, girl, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I literally I was in Vegas all week and left my left it here. Girl. It was a struggle. It was literally squirrel every five minutes trying to focus a mess, but fortunately my chiefs focused. Shout out to them. Yeah, okay, so all good predictions. You will see if we indeed are correct or if we should never gamble on anything. But we will find out on next week's episode. But in the meantime and in between time for those who want to hang out with you, go Kiera was so proud. Kire's one of our listeners. Shout out to Kierra a happy belated birthday that you posted on YouTube. I too am proud of you. I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm proud of you because I know what happened. But where can people follow you and find you on social? Well? You know what.
Speaker 2: Usually I would say, you could find me here at this at here, at this handle, here, at this tam. I have learned from my good girlfriend Devin Simone, and I have now changed all of my handles to Davon Diane Underscore, so you can.
Speaker 1: Find me around the platforms.
Speaker 3: At Davon Diane Underscore.
Speaker 1: Good on you. That's how it should be. Get friends you, guys who inspire you, lift you up, or at least see some good social tips. I actually didn't even give her that tip. I didn't know she was following along with what I do. But yes, you can find me at Devin Simone that's Devin with a Y, Simone with an I on all social channels, or you can go to my website, devinsimone dot com. Scroll to the bottom and you will see them. You'll see some fun stuff, some behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: We want the super Bowl content please.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I have so much superl content. And by the way, if you guys like Adele, can I just say went to Adele while in Vegas. It was a life changing experience. I'm currently planning on going back and I just there, but I plan on going back to see her before she ends. She's ending her shows in June. I think when I say it was a transformative experience to go to that residency, it was amazing. Shout out to my husband for the tickets for my birthday, but it's amazing. I'll try and post some of that stuff on ig also, and then I'm gonna get comfy and ready because I want to know what happens at the end of this final and who our new champion is. Also, I have to throw in this little shady thing now. Someone allegedly, allegedly the Twitter streets were saying, ran into Corey. I can't remember who it was, but ran into Corey. Not tall Corey that's on this season. The other Corey teen mom, Corey Okay ran into Corey in the airport, someone that was competing on the season, and Corey allegedly said to them, y'all, let Jay run the whole house. Corey allegedly was like, that would have never happened if we were in the house. Anyway, I just don't talk that it really would.
Speaker 3: He didn't lie.
Speaker 1: Maybe he didn't, but I just I could just so picture Corey saying that, which is why I'm bringing it up even though I don't have I didn't text Corey to ask if he said it, but I feel like he would have. That is just so funny to me because I could totally see him saying that, and yes, he's one hundred percent right. There's no way. There's just no way, which is why j has to be super disappointed about how it ended, because this was really his only time to ever dominate in that way. I'm not saying you won't become a champion or dominate in other ways. At all, but just like to really run the whole house like that. This is probably one of the only times. And then TJ was just like, eh, okay, bye in the woods that life comes extra fast, all right. Thank you so much for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Remember if you liked this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, and tell a friend, even if that friend is named von Rodgers, who said that the Rihanna halftime show was better than the Usher halftime show even though.
Speaker 3: We all have work and I'm gonna stick beside.
Speaker 1: Go watch both and then report back with your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I am sticking beside her.
Speaker 2: You stick beside us, and you ask new episodes of The Challenge battle Ford New Champion
Speaker 1: On MTV, and then we will see you next time with all of our shenanigans on MTV's official Challenge podcast, The Best Podcast, Call us Rihanna