Speaker 1: He shoot.
Speaker 2: If you watch the coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro are so known as my ro Flame. Come in with last and come in with Jim love loundest. Baby, you better catch the wing. You can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting out comics, just paying homage. What's up top? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: She ready to shine towns on speaking to the grown a second, we don't last kick it and at the end we leave it with just a list the spirits. Did you want to revisit? So your first second? Listen Jill, folks. So it's oh fucking we did it good.
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 2: Do what you do? Know this, Do what you do?
Speaker 1: Know this, do what I do? Know this?
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, this is comed here, Flame of Role, and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh Alone. We are so glad that you came to join us this week. Oh my god, I know you guys missed us from last week. But better than that, we missed you. I was on vacation. I went to the Dominican Republic. But I am here today and guess who else is here? My gorgeous, my beautiful, my I ca I can't co host Miss Bobby.
Speaker 2: Oh you I am? I am, I look like I'm not even fully like dried out. It is hotter than an old man's balls here in Boston ninety eight degrees with one hundred percent humidity today.
Speaker 1: No, now, how would you know how how old man balls how hot they get?
Speaker 2: Well years ago I used to driving an ambulance, and trust me, they complained a lot. And show them.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, that's those are powdered milk balls. Those are power of the milk, those carnations. Bobby, look at me, I'm all burnt up, peeling like a banana. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Had like an Irish person.
Speaker 1: I had the best time. I was with ten of my ten of my friends. We celebrated my baby girl, Cocoa and Cardier, who was a great friend of man, my makeup artist, my hairsiled for so many years. She turned fifty, she made it to the big five. Oh, I told her away from me, I'll be there in eleven years. Don't say shit, just roll with it. And we had a We had a great resort we stayed in. It was okay. The food there were at but the memories that we have made were life like, life changing. We had such a great time. I rode the ATVs, I rode the zip lines, I jumped out of fifty foot cliff into the one and to the ocean. It was great. Oh my god. So now we're looking for a place for me to go for my birthday next year because it's a big one. My uh, it's my fortieth. So yeah too, I want to go to the I would love to go to the Mediterranean.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would love that too.
Speaker 1: I've always so we're looking, We're looking. I've always wanted to see money Carlos since Princess Grace when she was in there. But that area right there is super crazy expensive, like crazy. Yeah, I ain't balling like that. I got balls, but they ain't bolling like that. Good God. So yeah, so that's the plan. And if you guys ever get a chance to go to Dominic Republic, please do. The people there were so kind and so loving and what it made they were and it made me appreciate what I have because those people were happy with little of nothing they live. Would we would look at them as primitives? Some of us would, because how we live now? And when when I say that, not like we live in Grand we're just living, you know, a lot of basic stuff that we have, but they don't look at it like that. Those people are so content Bobby, and was kind a genuine kindness too, not because we were tourists, but they were just nice people. And I thought that was pretty great. So I'm glad I God show you that because I can't get a little ungrateful sometimes, as we all can, I can.
Speaker 2: Be even grateful. I was grumpy today. I don't like Bobby.
Speaker 1: You're never grumpy, not you. I do.
Speaker 2: I get grumpy when when like something sprung on me and the other person had tons of notice to tell you but just didn't bother, but just didn't bother telling you. But I will tell you. That shirt is making me not grumpy as far as the color, because I don't want to brag. But the Indian Championship was won by the Boston Celtic.
Speaker 1: I called that when I was in the I called that when I was in the Dominic Republic. I said, but I have not paid a kid to the Boston Celtics since Larry Bird. Oh I'm telling about age.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's whole Kevin McHale, that whole U. The Bean Mormon or whatever they used to call him. Yeah, that whole group. Yeah that's sort of mine too, because I feel like a lot of basketball players, not all of you out there, but you could be little baby bitches you can complain about, Oh I got a weggie and you know my forty two billion dollars isn't enough because you know I played with the weggie for half the game, and are you kidding? You make a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Stop complaining and be happy, Okay, as and as much as I hate a wedgie for for sixty minutes and forty two billion, you can be it could be struggle by ass the entire time.
Speaker 2: Right, you got strap a giant song on me? Maybe, so up for them together and I'll even run around the neighborhood in it for forty million.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love that they and those guys play and congratulated to Dallas Mavericks too because they played a good game. Maybe you play, They.
Speaker 2: Really did and it really was. It wasn't boring because sometimes those games. So I'm obviously a big Patriots fan. I'm chewing those words lately, but I still love a big Patriots slam but fan. But we won so much some of the games used to not even be fun, you know, because they were such an elite team. They had such a great chemistry between them that it didn't make it as fun to watch, you know, for when they played Summer the lesser. But anyway between that and Summer at Summer starting tomorrow, I'm like, whoa, who got to get mental piece?
Speaker 1: Let me start off the show by saying we lost a legend. And when I say allegend, I'm talking of bonafide, genuine down in the dirt, from not only from not nothing, but from a black person who had the break of ceiling a barrier to get in with the elitist baseball player. Legend. Great Willie Mays passed on Tuesday, well yesterday, at home with his family, quiet, just to sleep. Yeah, and a hell of a ball player. I'm not even a baseball fan, but I've been watching how the news and so many personal stories they've been talking about other players that worked with him, how kind he was, how professional he was, and how amazing he was on and off the field. That speaks volumes when they can say kind things about you when you're not in your job, when you suggest with them but you're not actually doing your job and people still like you. That is pretty great body. It is.
Speaker 2: That's why in twenty fifteen you got the Medal of Freedom, right because it wasn't just about his athleticism. It was about the work that he did outside the diamond as well. So I thought that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was sad too, but ninety three you can't blame him. And then the other one that I saw that was and I was not a big Simpson fan, but I think her name is Nancy mackenzie. She was the voice of March Simpson. She passed away at eighty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so those are two for the week. Yeah, he was eighty one.
Speaker 2: Bobby eighty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and mind you, she was still working. Yeah. So while y'all was talking about the president is eighty one, guess what, he's still working.
Speaker 2: He's still working. He still is. And as far as every time I see him and I see him speak to me mentally, he's sharp as attack body wise is the older. Yes, he has slowed down. I do think he might have a little trouble like that. He's a little slower with his speech. I think it's because when you're young, you have the stutter, and I think as he's getting older, he has to think about his words before he's saying them, so he doesn't because that will be another weakness.
Speaker 1: Right, hey, a lot I have to do that. We live in crazy Cristis time. Anyway, we're gonna we're not gonna get on biting right now, we get we come back to body. Let's keep it rolling down the scroll by where we're at, where we're going, let's.
Speaker 2: Start at the chop. So the first thing that we're gonna be happy we have the big countdown is eight days until the first presidential debate. Do you think it's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, oh yeah, well I and before I thought, now let me, let me, let me you be my whole end.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, I said yes.
Speaker 1: But then when things started going a little right, I thought Trump was gonna pull out because he's gonna feel like I don't need to do it because but since he has been convicted, and since he has came out and said the horrible things about Milwaukee and then tried to retract them, I've been looking at MSNBC and I think people's mind shift is changing. Not to say that they are just in support of Biden, but I think people are tired of the chaos, the chaos and the foolery. And when I say people I'm talking about, I think I'm talking about white people. I believe that white people that even Republicans or that just really supported him. Racism is still going to be here. That's not going away with no time soon. But I think the chaos of not being able to live melodically together because we always had the racism, but we lived in harmony because we knew how it worked. He made it too chaotic. I think that's how I think people don't want to deal with that no more. And he's getting caught in both faced last and then he froze last week. He called Joe sleepy Joe, but he was all off topics, some about Titanics and sharks and boats and batteries and ten yards. I'm like, oh my god, he losing it, y'all. He losing it.
Speaker 2: He really is. I just think I think this part to me, I mean, I hope it's not going to be in my opinion, in Bobby Cliffer's opinion, it's not going to be beneficial to him because he plays to the audience, right. So one of the things that we can all agree on is that he's entertaining in the crazy talk, the shock and the this, and everything is wonderful and everything is the best that he does, and all this banana cakes with no audience and with the two moderators able to shut him down, you know, on a dime. If he tries to talk over, I don't know he's going to actually have to know and talk about policy. Flame, I don't know if he can do that.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because it won't matter what they hear him. He has to do. He is so braggadocious and so bold, He's going to do what he wants to do. Anyway. He'll he'll yell if he has to, they turn his mic off. That's just who he is. But that's what I want people to see. I want people to see who he really is. And I hope Biden stays calm and concide and delivers right to the good every time. I hope so do.
Speaker 2: I will tell you though, his campaign, President Biden's campaign is coming out with some new commercials, and they're commercials that have to happen. But I still don't like it because it's not Joe, you know, talking.
Speaker 1: About you know, well, I hear you. But he got to get in the dirt. When you play with the piece, you got to get in the dirt. You do.
Speaker 2: Because nobody believes that he tries to hold his head high and the other side thinks it's weakness. They don't realize it's actually his strengths.
Speaker 1: But oh, go ahead. He should have been Nancy Pelosi. He was debating against My girl would have my girl would have win. My girl would have went hay, she would have she.
Speaker 2: Would have eaten them up and spent about do you see? Oh my god, Because because we are getting close to the debate, that's Steve Bannon. He drives me crazy. He's supposed to be going to jail and he's looking for appeals and I wanted to wash his hair.
Speaker 1: I want I want him to go to jail and drop the soap, please.
Speaker 2: I God, there's something about that that that rubs me completely the wrong way.
Speaker 1: I don't like if I did. They know, they didn't did all this dirt, and they think that they can get away with it because of immunity. A lot of them really only want him back in there because and here's how dirty, Here's how dirty. But here's how dirty. He is, they would have to continuously kiss his butt and to get that part and didn't even steal exactly. But he still might say I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Because that's how that's how he gets them. That's what he That's what he did to Cohen, right. I mean, he was up for the first time since since January sixth. He was up on Capitol Hill last week. I saw the most uncomfortable to me a handshake from Mitch McConnell. Leaning over, Mitch McConnell said that he was this, that, and the other for January six but all of a sudden there was a big, long, awkward, awkward handshake that that was. It was nauseating to me.
Speaker 1: Here's the question, the Mitch know whose hand he was shaking, you know the heel man freeze up see if you but he but he Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the same week he h Trump haad have his pre sentencing, you know, kind of kind of crazy. I didn't. Well, the whole thing is just he he can't beyond his revenge and persecution tour any longer because Hunter Biden was was convicted on all three accounts and has taking it on the chin is accepting whatever they say that's going to happen. His father is not going to commute the sentence or pardon them. He's been very, very out there with it. And I do think you have to pay for crimes. But I think when jeez, you you brought the crimes up, You've paid your bills, you talked about it years ago, and now all of a sudden it's coming back and you've got your life on in order. I feel badly. You know, we're supposed to be so sensitive to addicts, and it this this, this really this and and trump'sy trial even it wreaks the politics so much it's it's nauseating.
Speaker 1: I want to say about Biden Hunter Biden being convicted. I love that the family came, that Jill was there right, yeah, doctor, and she was late but she thinks she was eight minutes later or something like that. Yeah. I love that she's that shows so much support and that we still believe in you. You know, mistakes happened. I like you about He's only this mistake. He's not wining to complain about it. And his dad, who is his still his father all who shows that he loves his kids, but he is also the president of the United states, he has an obligation to the American people. He is not just gumming on his key aside. He is really just.
Speaker 2: The wrong because he was wrong. He did those things. He was wrong. I'll tell you the one thing that I didn't like during the trial, and I'm sure that the attorney suggested it. I didn't like that he brought his daughter in. I thought it was like, I felt like it was a manipulation. I don't know some of the questioning. I don't know if the prosecution or the defense brought her in, but I thought that was it left a bad taste in my mouth. I think he could face Yeah, twenty five years in prison and seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. He's the first time offender. You probably won't get that, but but yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: He'll get probation. He'll play the fan, but I think he'll get probation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he's got his in September. He's got the he's got the next one in September. Right, So, which I was hearing some of the talking heads, some of the attorney talking heads speaking about it, and they said, for taxes, if you have been convicted of a crime, the chances of is serving jail time are fairly high. But I but I so, I I like how he's taking it. I think he's taking it on the chant. They're saying, get some sort of maybe settlement with the taxes ahead of time. Don't let it come till September. Have his attorneys try to work something out, because he could get actual jail time for that. So anyway, But but Joe's killing it. So some of the things that I noticed that that he has done over the past week. He's still working on the student loans. The other thing that he's working on is he is proposed banning medical debts from credit scores. So he's working on getting something moving for that. And that's big for people. You know, it's amazing how your deck can be sold and sold and sold and sold and sold. So for people who have illness, who usually don't make a lot of money because they're on SSI or Medicaid and for the insurance, et cetera, et cetera, that that could be huge. So I like that that that's happening. He had a big fundraiser out in your area with Julia Roberts and George Clooney and.
Speaker 1: Did you see that Obama?
Speaker 2: And President Obama? Well, you know, I just love him. He's still depth of swag. Did you see one of his service his secret service people were robbed?
Speaker 1: I saw that you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be stupid enough to steal the bag of a secret service agent that just by some sort of like gunpoint or something.
Speaker 1: See you see me? And you look at that situation in two very different ways, Bobby, because I wasn't like that. I was like, well, if you can't protect your damn staff, how the hell you over there?
Speaker 2: Well, because I'm thinking, I'm thinking that's what he was doing, he or she because it was a bag, so you know, I'm taking bag a woman I'm thinking to talk about. But it might not be. I think they took it on the chin and didn't start a scuffle because they wanted to, you know, the president was inside or whatever, but more informational snout. But they don't have the police in the area say there's no there's no suspect yet or anything, So it's not I would think some magical something.
Speaker 1: In that situation that big brother was watching. She seems to be watching my Instagram page all the day time, and I ain't even supposed to be no president, so I will hope they got some camera footage somewhere, yep.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: But when I looked at when I heard that, Bobby, I was like, well, damn, that might not be the best story to tell. You can protect your bag, how are you going to protect that president?
Speaker 2: I am not sure whoever it is, because I'm sure, I mean, it's such a small community. They're probably humiliated, you know that that's not so great. He also, since we've left tot Biden, he spoke about gun violence, you know, on the heels of wan So going to scotus them voting against a ban that Trump in twenty seventeen put forward for those bump stocks. Clarence Thomas is the one who wrote the wrote the piece on it and said that they are not that it never should have been banned. They're not machine guns. From anybody that's using it. They say, once you clip it on, it's a semi automatic to begin with, you can just empty eclipse. So isn't that I don't understand enough of it to be quite honest.
Speaker 1: Clarence Thumb's name good gun.
Speaker 2: I just can't even imagine. I mean, it seems stupid. And then the Senate Republicans blocked the Democrats trying to put a ban on it. So if we can't do it at this you know, Scotus level, they tried to put some sort of billain and that got blocked. And I don't know why that is because again their fearless leader is the one that put it in, you know. I so this is going to be the far right meg people, not.
Speaker 1: The positive on Biden's watches. What they I think that must be their letter here. There's super cold nothing positive on Biden's watch. I believe that. I believe that that is their whole agenda.
Speaker 2: I mean, the only place they can't stop it is there are certain states, California being one of them that it's banned at the state level. So there there are I think there. They said that there were like fourteen states that banded themselves, so thank god for that. But sweet and Mary, and this is on the heels of a whole bunch of gun violence that we saw over the weekend. Over the Friday's Day weekend, there were two people at fourteen others two killed, fourteen others shot at some June Teaenths celebration in Texas. You were saying something about Chicago Boston. We had a bunch, Boston had some. Michigan had nine people, including two children, that were shot. So you would think that I don't know that we could actually come together on.
Speaker 1: Chicago past weekend. My love my beloved city. I love my city. But good god, they had forty six shootings and seven deaths. It's just it's just been bananas with the way these guns and how are these kids getting hold of these guns? If they got all these gun laws where you have to have ID, you have to wait to be approved, and you have to wait for understand sprints. I don't understand why all these But uh, that's only some states.
Speaker 2: Though, honey. Remember I mean there were states like Florida. You can go in just like you're going to buy a purse and come out and have no check. I don't even know if you get a name. You just go in and you purchase and then you walk. And there are many states that are like that, and so I don't but I don't know if these are all those well, Texas is one of them. Something that I was seeing when I was watching my Sunday show is I mean, we really are neck and neck and people have to pay attention because the polls are they're within one point. And in the key battleground states, there was one. It's funny where by where President Trump was winning, now Biden is winning by one, and where Biden was winning by one or two, the other one and so they kind of flip flopping. So people really have to go in and do their homework, pay attention, do you who you're voting for, and make your decisions.
Speaker 1: Trump is about to pull a Nikki Haley. I do the more he speaks, the further away from the White House he's going to get because I think people are really getting fed up with the chaos. And I didn't think that two weeks ago. I did. I thought that he was pretty much.
Speaker 2: I think that they will do it. I think if he can't pander to his people, I think that he's going to be in trouble. People are going to see that he's so Joe can keep it cool and keep it energized. He can speak policy out his ears all day, you know, and he can pull it from wherever, Whereas former President Trump is not a politician and has always has trouble. It's weakness for him speaking about policy. So we'll see, we'll see what happens after that one. But I'll tell you something I had read last week was North Dakota is the first date to try to approve age limits for lawmakers. We'll see if it goes through. I don't know if you know if it'll get voted, but they actually put it out, so it obviously it's it's to speak on both of them, because I wouldn't mind that.
Speaker 1: I would mind. I wouldn't mind that we got some dinosaurs up in there for real.
Speaker 2: As long as they're doing their job and doing something. Because people will say age limits, and I'm like, you know, we're going to remember people. We're going to vote them in. They don't just float up there like they do in the Supreme Court. We have to vote him in every time. See if you're unhappy about the age or you feel like they're not doing something. This is the lead productive Senate and Congress in history.
Speaker 1: Don't vote for them if you forget.
Speaker 2: Them oka ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say, if we can't get them to work together like we taught them in kindergarten, our children work and play well with others. If we can't get them to do that. It's time that they hit the bricks.
Speaker 1: I don't like that the parties are so divided right now.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the con never it's.
Speaker 1: One did not get it. I mean, they did not always agree on positivele I've never seen them. It's almost like a silent hatred. I don't I don't like that. I've never seen anything.
Speaker 2: And it's the fire Right, it's the Squad, and it's the far Mega people because they didn't I'm gonna now, I'm gonna age myself. But we used to have Tip O'Neil in the house, right, Teddy Kennedy, and then you'd have McCain and Biden and they would battle it out on the floor during the day, and then they'd go and have a steak and a barbon at night and say, okay, flame, I know you want X y Z for yours and I want EX for mine. I'll vote for you, you vote for me, we'll figure it out. And then it was never strictly party line. Now it's like i'd say, since President Obama, we first started seeing it where they literally just vote vote against them, just to vote against them. You know, that was theirs the first but which is disappointing. That's not what we pay them. These these people, it might not be huge money, but I believe they make one hundred and seventy five thousand a year. They've run two households on that, remember, But still I'm a little I'm a little disgusted. Let's let's worry to you.
Speaker 1: Where I do know about that, about all this division and uh you said something that it was a trigger word for me for our next topic about something that I hope they do get control of it. Like down here they're passing the law about these damn cell phones. That's something as a surgeon general is talking about putting a warning yep on doing on the social media. I think that that is brilliant and that it should have been on there from a long time.
Speaker 2: I love with that mercy. I think he's terrific.
Speaker 1: And I think they're talking about taking it out, taking those phones out the schools, which I think will be getting these kids back to learning because they are not learning. My daughter is completing guilty of it as well. I get so many emails about she's on her phone in class, so she's listened to she's doing this. So I think it is a brilliant idea. And if I tell you, that's one bill that I hope passes, I hope it passes well.
Speaker 2: He did not that. I think it was in the New York Times and it was pretty interesting. I only got through the first half. I have to go back and read the other. But I dit it. He wants it just to be like cigarettes and alcohol. You know that they're selling and put it right on there and as long as people are forewarned.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what you said about it. I'm sorry, I got my train my thought back when you said that they were the most unproductive party partisanship. Yeah, because of social media. They're so busy fighting on social media, and then they won't bring the real issues to the floor. They are arguing about what they've read about each other like children. So I'm also thinking that if you're going to remove cell phones from that make all the Congress and the Senate not be able to be on social media, because if that is what you're going to do, and then you're not getting anything productive done for the country. You are hired as a public service to take care of the American citizens. That is not what you're doing. You're acting like proper room school children up in this classroom. So they're too.
Speaker 2: Busy worrying about getting re elected and they're not actually doing anything. I wouldn't reelect anybody right now for not working. And you know, I constand it. And each side is guilty, you know, like the squad can can on the Democratic side can be just as detrimental as Marjorie Taylor Green. They just they just hold their heads just a slightly higher. The g seventh Summit happened last week. I think every saying was the Pope Francis one, which I was actually kind of shocked. He was talking about artificial intelligence intelligence. There was a ten year agreement between President Zelenski and the United States that the United States will keep backing them the aid that they did give, and that's something we want to talk about. It's not actual money. Everybody thinks we're giving millions of dollars to Ukraine. We're not. We're getting weapons, weapons that were made here in the United States by by citizens here in America. So they got paid, they got a job, It provided jobs, and then you know, those weapons and machinery then go over to go over to Ukraine. I don't know what that ten year deal is going to look like if President Biden doesn't get in to honor it. But overall it seems like that it was it was a productive time. Biden also spoke to Nance's president is a macron Macron Macron about frozen assets of Russia's and releasing those assets and giving those over to Ukraine too. So it seems like.
Speaker 1: That's not the piss off of Russia right now, because I saw today that Kim Jong yung, the president of North Korea, and and and putin the business the monster of uh of Russia have joined forces, funded the treaty, shook hands, rode in the same car together. And those are two of my biggest adversaries girl.
Speaker 2: And they already have They already have Russian naval ships off of the coast of Cuba. They can see them from Florida. So if you don't want to say that somebody's flexing muscle there, they certainly are. That said, uh, you know, hopefully we're you know, we're on our chosen as the whole the military, we're more sleeping at night, they're up worrying about this stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of the military, I see that they're trying to pass the bill to draft young men eighteen to what it is, eighteen to thirty.
Speaker 2: They're just talking about it. US says they will not do it. But there has been a huge depth and people going into the military. But you and I have talked about that over the past year on law and learned we're not going to call it military. We'll call it people doing service. These young people, we don't see people jumping into the Peace Corps anymore, going into the military, going into jobs to do service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to blame the young people that I'm gonna tell you who they what they have seen. They've seen how Americas treat their veterans, and they figured, why would I fight for the country and then You're not gonna even take care of me? And I believe that is one of the biggest downfalls that America has not upheld and uplifted and showed their veterans loved. Those people put their lives on the line, them lost their laves, some of lost their damn man, baby PTSD. You lose an arm or lay your eyesight, your ability to walk because you believed in fighting for a country that you thought would take care of you. Because you took care of it, and it's the improven that they won't. So that's I think that's why that's a big deal. By be honestly, I think.
Speaker 2: We just don't train our kids. And I'm not saying it's bad. We're not. We don't build those jobs up. We don't build teaching, we don't build, we don't build the trades. We're so desperate for people to be into the trades. Desperate, desperate, desperate. I will want to do want to tell President Biden for that. I believe it was in December he gave the military the biggest pay increase that they've had I think was in ten years. So that's good. And he's also working on housing and for what happens next with the military. But he's he's even though everybody wants to they say they want to support them, that divisiveness comes in again and they kind of they kind of they kind of agree on anything. But at least he's bringing the conversation.
Speaker 1: For well, let's talk about the gender issues that have happened in Florida. Whether the judge is rude that the restrictions on gender firming care for both minors and adults in Florida are unconstitutional and cannot be enforced. So this is for the youth and the team that they can. They can still get gender firming care.
Speaker 2: Yes, for right now. Because remember everything, everything is sort of rolled into it. It would have been nice if things were passed a little differently. I think when you have to change something, you have to take all of the protections away. You know so much. It would be nice if care was one thing. And so at this point, I think they're leaving it up to all those puberty blockers or something they call them. I think if they're leaving it up to the parents, which I hope.
Speaker 1: To God, Well, I thought that I thought that should have been the place anyway. But I also thought that that should be an age cap on when you can start them. But who I'm not a legislator or a lawmaker, they're saying.
Speaker 2: The Supreme Court. Well, I think I'm just an experience.
Speaker 1: I'm just an experienced trans person who knows that life changes in intervals, and you will change your man in the next three or four years. Some things you cannot reverse. So that is all I'm saying. You think that you wanted today and you're fourteen, and then when you're nineteen, you don't want it anymore. But some things that you don't want at nineteen that you did at fourteen because you didn't have an actual parents to tell you no, that you might regret. That's it, but.
Speaker 2: It's the if we need people to be parents, and so many, so many people are their kids and their friends, we need them to actually to be parents. The only thing that I can say is, you know, again, this is going to go to the Supreme Court. You know, justsantus is is new Ways is going to let this go. I ensure that he has some sort of some sort of appeal in place. But it kind of interesting in Florida of all places. That was the other thing I was a little shocked at. I'm like, you got to be kidding me. I think of all the places in the world that certainly wasn't going to be it. Did you see that to finish up with the Supreme Court that Thomas Justice Thomas had to disclose his his his gifts and trips since twenty nineteen two point four million. He got the bulk of them from some benefactor Holland Crowe. I don't know who Holland crow is.
Speaker 1: Who is the puppet master, because I'm sure every decision that holand Crow wants him to make, he makes.
Speaker 2: Oh I am too. I mean, and this brings up the way that the Constitution and our forefathers wrote everything. Just like they never thought that they'd have to say that you couldn't be a president if you'd be a felon. They never thought that the Supreme Court, whould be the Kreme de la Creme, would be making these these bad decisions. But do we need to have some sort of guardrails right now? They self police, who would write them? Who would police them? Do we give the chief justice.
Speaker 1: Since we're in the playground of the Supreme Court, Bobby, let's go to the justice the lego tapes and yeah, and all of that. Yeah, let's do it. Come on, Bobby, you lead on that. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: So that so I kind of was I don't know. I didn't I said, I didn't feel a certain kind of way I did it first, And then my mind said, because they had this a contict of her name I haven't written down here somewhere. She's a documentary filmmaker who went into some sort of conservative religious gala and pretended that she was a religious super religious conservative, and she kind of led them down a path. She spoke with Thomas and his wife, She spoke with Alito and his wife, and she's spoke. She spoke with roberts By himself. So Alito kind of said, yes, you wish she could, you could get religion back a little bit, you know, if you want to say he was naughty. She spoke to the wife that Martha Ann she has a pistol. I actually thought, after hearing it, I'm sort of glad she did it, because after listening, you know how he said in the beginning, it was my wife. My wife put up the flags, and we all said, bullshit, No, he's a nut. You got a flag for everything she's got. She's got a sacred hot flag. She's gonna be, and she's gonna be. That's the one with the baby Jesus that has the heart on it that a lot of grandparents will stick on their's. That flag she's gonna hang up. She she feels she was done wrong by the neighborhood and she's gonna fly a flag. So then it had me kind of thinking, I think that she should just pull them down because of who her husband is. But just like is it merchant the judge. He had a daughter for the for the New York trial for Trump, he had a daughter who is Democrat and has worked for Democrats. Does she have a right to have her own opinions and then her father have the right to so I don't know. I feel, I feel I feel a little conflicted this.
Speaker 1: With this, it's different. It's different when it's a father and daughter. Bobby, there's a clear lack of respect in the Alitos home. All she doesn't She does not respect her husband for who he is and the position that he's in, and he does not respect his wife because the Bible said a man is supposed to protect his wife. He said it was her, but that was throwing her under the bus to me, and I'm with you, we agree, even though we didn't know that. Like you said, she was a pistol. But there's a lack of respect on both ends and that house in that household, and it's happened. But the problem is the collateral damage is US American citizens.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just it's a bad look, do you know, Like it's a bad look.
Speaker 1: She should be he should be pulled off a lot of ship and she used to be checked. I hope the neighborhood. He asked for the ads.
Speaker 2: Some lights of dog, you know, are on her her friend stoop.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I mean that is what the recordings did for me. So the other thing that I thought, so Thomas and his wife like they were you know, you would expect. I only heard actually from him. I didn't hear anything from the wife, although they said the filmmaker, by the way, is Lauren Windsor. I apologized, it didn't have that at my tip of my tongue. But but she was trying to bait Roberts about about making decisions and this that and the other, and religion and how we want to make this a Christian country. And he said, no, no, I don't know if my Muslim or Buddhist friends would feel that way. He goes, the only thing that the court's supposed to do is to listen to the cases and make the best decisions that they could. That's the answer you want. That's the like I wish Alito said that. That would have been the answer that you'd want to hear. So I said, geez, he you know, he's walking the walk and talking the top. I wish you'd say something to the two of them about maybe recusing themselves or et cetera. But but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, but we know what's going on, and we've heard it, and what we're gonna do about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's it. We need guardrails. So if they only sell police, maybe maybe justice, chief justice, whoever is in that position, maybe we got to give them a little more power, or we have to spell it out. We have to say, flame, you cannot accept above. My postman can't take more than twenty five bucks. If you're getting a gift, it's only x amount of dollars. If you work at one of the academic hospitals in Boston, you can't take any gifts. I couldn't take a pack of peanuts from anybody. I would have to return it and say no, I can't take a pen from a vendor. So maybe we need we need some someone to write them up. I don't know who that would be, but we need a little bit of that done. They are going to be handling. They did the Oh I'm not going to say the right thing. Is it miss a prone? It's the morning after pill. Basically, they everybody is happy thinking that there was some sort of big win, and it's not really a win. So they voted against the use of against the banning of the use of it because the team that brought it, that were bringing the case, if they didn't feel that they had the right to bring it, so it could be brought again. Of course it will take years to get there. But so everybody right now can take the pill and there's there's no issue with that right now, and.
Speaker 1: That's the plan, right, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's I don't know, I'm killing it, but they did vote on that. We're waiting to hear before they go on break. I think they work for nine months and they're off for three months. We're waiting on them immunity. Uh so hopefully that will that will kind of come true and then you know, fingers crossed, we'll see. I mean, it's not that it's going to make a whole help. Well, it'll make the cases that are going to happen in the fall if he if he doesn't get in, they'll still come forward. If he had immunity, all that could actually kind of go away. Right, So that I'm looking, I think that's I think that's everything that we have on the and it doesn't look like that they're gonna they're actually gonna sign off on him getting the immunity. He's not gonna doesn't look like they're gonna win. He's gonna win on that one. And then Mike Johnson's all upset over the New York K so he wants to hear it.
Speaker 1: I thought I didn't like McCarthy. I really don't like this Mike Johnson.
Speaker 2: He is he's whipped. They're all whipped. They and you know who who I don't like is U? Is it Donald's? So that Byron Donald's he's.
Speaker 1: From South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Good god, oh he should be he needs the Supreme Court has a step in. They're not. It's a state case. There there are differences of cases. So when we're talking about state cases and we say Supreme Court, we mean the state's supreme court. We don't mean the actual SCOTUS. So I don't know how the Supreme Court is going to step all over us a steakcase. But yeah, but the two of them, the Byron Donald's, that that's what they've been both moaning about. And then Speaker Johnson's going to move in. He's moving to federal court over the Merrick Garland he wants those recordings. Why he's got the transcripts. I don't know why he needs the recordings.
Speaker 1: It's Byron Donalds is Oh, let me get back there. And Joy Reid destroyed him the week before last talking about Hans. He's a handsome, dying Black people were in households when doing the Jim Crow era. And you sit here very too, a conservative white woman sits your stupid ass down. Good God, who do these? Oh?
Speaker 2: Joy read? I like Joy read.
Speaker 1: And you sit here mirror. And it's not that I don't care if you love is love. Love ain't no color. But she don't even think like you? And you but you in South Carolina, you couldn't have been with it during the Jim Crow era. You damn si couldn't married that white woman.
Speaker 2: You couldn't have sat together. You couldn't looked at her, You couldn't held her hand.
Speaker 1: He needs to be taken back in time. And they didn't let him let him hold her hand. And see what happened to him when he get it. That he would get it, He would get it. Ladies, gentlemen, listen, well, appreciate you here and laugh and learning. This is a this is we are five months away from the most life changing, the uh election of your lifetime. Amen, because good God, and I don't want you all to make a temporary last in judgment because you think that oh I did better under this watcher did and it's going to turn out to be a permanent disaster. Don't let a temporary situation make this a permanent disaster, because that's what it will boil down to. And it will affect Bobby, it will affect my dam, it will affect me, and it will affect you.
Speaker 2: And pay attention if we can say anything because of AI, Like Apple is putting out this whole big AI thing. They're now the most valued company. But we're going to be fed so much over the next five months misinformation and a lot of it is going to have AI involvement. So before you believe what you're seeing, you know, vet it, go in and look at some other sites, Go and look at stuff first, you know, just don't believe everything that you're hearing from everybody, including your friends, people people. You can have five people in a row hear the same see the same thing happen and come up with live stories.
Speaker 1: And listen with me and Bobby were not the oracle. We have to end out to be all. You know, research for yourself. What we do is just put it out there so you can research for yourself. And if there's any topics the situation that you want to talk about or that you think that you want us to discuss with your name and man, go hit us up on Instagram. At laugh Aline podcast, Bobby is right there to get it all. Don't send nothing explicit because you know see things no point you said at the Monroe Flame. But thank you guys for joining us here and laughing. I listen this season four. We are so grateful to have you guys. And oh body, that's not you something else. But I don't know why I want. Let me do something with her.
Speaker 2: But did you get the second what I just said? I didn't pay attention.
Speaker 1: We'll make sure you got it, okayenth I was getting there happy June tenth. If you're unfamiliar what juneteenth is. Juneteenth was the slaves were emancipated in eighteen sixty three, I believe, or was it sixty five? Yeah, in sixty three. But the Galveston, Texas did I tell the slaves? They didn't. The slave owners did not tell their slaves that they were free for two years. They worked them for free, did everything they wanted to do to them for two years until they were emancipated. Could you imagine.
Speaker 2: Bobby even longer in Oklahoma? But at the time Oklahoma was only a territory, not a state, So there are other places that got away with it too. No, I can't imagine owning somebody. I can't even tell my kid what to do. He doesn't listen to me. Can't tell my dog I say, Sidney looks and says fuck you and walks away.
Speaker 1: The dij that lady said that was horrible words. I love it anyway, So people who when they found out, they celebrated. And for years we didn't hear about jan June tenth and the history books and Movau. So we celebrate June tenth. We celebrate our ancestors that had to put up with that and went through that, and the people who remembered it. And thank you for all the people who have remembered it, because sometimes the stories won't be in the books. Sometimes you really have to listen to an elder to tell you what they went through and what it was like. And we have no respect for our elders over here. But thank you to whoever and whomever has made Juneteenth and national holiday.
Speaker 2: President Biden. See he signed it in President Biden on six I mean sixth, seventeen twenty one, signed it into law, the June Tent International Independence Act, making a national pub public holiday. So thank you, President Biden. And there was a woman that had pushed to bring me information. I don't have her name off the tip of my tongue, and she's an elder, and he worked with her and I got it. I got you know, I think it's terrific.
Speaker 1: And she's ninety eight years old, right something like that.
Speaker 2: She's in her nineties, I know that. And she had been pushing it was it was her parents. Her parents had been been hoping that it would come to light. So she just picked up the torch when her parents were gone and kept going and she did a God bless her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the elders, the eldest will teach you. I was looking for her name right where I can't find, but she got y'all tell us, thank you guys for doing us here. But this was the episode of laugh and learning. Listen. Politics is a dirty daily game for politics is also a game that affects each and every one of us, So make sure you get out there to vote. By the way, I will be sitting and interviewing with RFK on Friday. Yeah, so we're gonna we're gonna see how that goes. I won't look like this. I'm gonna be cute and I would look cut for y'all. If we can get at least six thousand downloads, we will come here for y'all.
Speaker 2: So sweaty, I'll actually blow dry my hair. And the grandmother of Juneteenth.
Speaker 1: Is openly openly thank you, Thank you, Bobby. See Bobby Cliffin, I told you all that, okay uh. And you can follow me on Monroe Flame at Monroe Flame on Instagram, TikTok Flame Monroe one two five, Facebook markets Flame Monroe Parker and YouTube coffee Time every morning like share and subscribe on Flame Monroe. But we give it to you right or we don't give it to you at all. We can follow you where Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: Splifford Bobby on on Instagram, Bobby Clifford on Facebook.
Speaker 1: That's it, and you and Bobby Clifford is the main person you hit on land to learn podcast. So you got questions, ideas, theories, whatever you have, hit Bobby up with it. If you come in correct, she will check you. I have trained her well. She does know how to use our language very good. And she's Irish so she ain't need that much training. Hey, thank you. Try to produce Aaron Howe. We appreciate you. We will see you guys next week. But we will happily watching to see what if we may have We to do a special laugh and learned as we probably right after the debate. Right after that's gonna be the hottest ticket in town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, for sure, for sure. And my in what in what your your tag saying?
Speaker 1: Oh? Because here in laughing Alan, we are not trying to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind because of mind, because what Bobby you could.
Speaker 2: Have said it a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: That ain't my land to say that's your line. I know too many people that's wasted their mind, so I don't want to say it beause them personally. Listen, we are here, we appreciate you, we thank you, and we will see you on next week. Peace. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, our Heart Radio app, or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and learn