Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio.
Speaker 2: News, Kamala Harris outraising Donald Trump by nearly five to one among big donors in the final stages of the campaign. One wealthy individual supporting Harris is Mark Cuban, the minority owner of the Dallas Mavericks. And I'm pleased to say that Mark joined us now. Mark, welcome to the program. We spoke to a Trump campaign advisor a little bit earlier this morning, and I want to start with you in a similar way that I started with him, which is basically, I'm waking up this morning. I'm a swing state voter. I'm in Pennsylvania State, and I still haven't decided who I'm going to vote for. And I'm thinking back to how Harris talked about in twenty nineteen that she wanted to banfracking. I understand she's changed her mind, but I'm worried that she's a bit of a shape shift, that she gets back into power and she'll change her mind again. How do you settle those concerns?
Speaker 1: The world's changed since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: She's open minded, She's talked openly about the fact that she wants to given descending opinions A place at the table with her. She's not dogmatic, That's how you explain it, and she's looking to put together the best policy. She said in twenty twenty that she supported fracking, So I think that's a non issue.
Speaker 1: And in terms of you know, is she just an extension of Biden?
Speaker 3: Just look at Biden's budget proposal versus what Kamala Harris is actually proposed.
Speaker 1: Biden wanted much higher taxes.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris came in twenty eight percent for tax rate for cap gains and twenty eight percent for corporation and did not say a word and will not say a word.
Speaker 1: About unrealized capital gains.
Speaker 3: And so I think she's completely different. She's not a shape shift in the least bit.
Speaker 4: Well, that individual we were speaking to, Scott Bessant, this key economic policy advisor to the Trump campaign, says that Harris, what he hears from a lot of Wall Street journals, that she would be moderated by a Republican Senate and that's why Wallstreet would be willing to vote for her, because of that moderating effect that she would get from a red Senate. Is there any truth to that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, I mean, balance is not a bad thing necessarily. I'm not opposed to a divide in Congress, you know. But theom line is what will Kamala Harris do? And I think she's better for the economy in so many ways. You know, there's three hundred and thirty five million people in this country. Four million make four hundred thousand dollars or more.
Speaker 1: The other three hundred and thirty million make less.
Speaker 3: Is she has been very specific that if you make four hundred thousand dollars or less, your taxes aren't going up. In fact, for one hundred million people, they're going down. The other big expense that every household is fearful of is healthcare expenses. Donald Trump has said he has a concept of a plan. Kamala Harris has been very specific on the pharmaceutical side, saying she's going after the pharmacy benefit.
Speaker 1: Managers, the middlemen, and she'll introduce transparency.
Speaker 3: I know from my own personal experiences with costplus drugs that'll lead to a twenty thirty percent or more deduction in the cost of medications for households and businesses.
Speaker 1: And then you've got teriffs.
Speaker 3: As Michael I think it was said earlier, tariffs are a bad idea.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's so bad, then why did Biden and Kamala Harris keep them?
Speaker 1: They keep good. Trouble about that, right, because that's not completely that's not completely accurate. First look at the EU.
Speaker 3: They Biden side the deal saying that there would be no terriffs between the two EU and.
Speaker 1: The United States for the next five years.
Speaker 3: So those terraffs are gone. And then you look at what Trump tried to introduce. He had four years to try to implement teriffs at work, and he got his butt kicked by China.
Speaker 1: The retaliatory terriffs almost destroyed the soybean in the farming industry and he had to pay out twenty million dollars.
Speaker 3: But as it applies to households, right, he's talking about a sixty percent across the board terraffs for Chinese imports.
Speaker 1: China makes just about every.
Speaker 3: Christmas present that we buy for a kid, so families would be looking at a sixty percent or more increase and what they'd spend on Christmas, and the downstream impact of that would be significant to small and large businesses.
Speaker 4: Mark, let's talk about something you've been very vocal on. This is regulation You've said that you don't think Harry should keep Lena Khan at the head of the FTC. On and Alexandro Cassio Cortes, the congresswoman from New York, went to Twitter and she said, billionaires like you Mark are trying to play foot seat with the ticket. If anyone goes near Lena kh there will be quote an out and out brawl. Where is Harris when it comes to things like the FTC.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I haven't talked about personnel with her or her team. I have no intention about talking about personnel. You know. I was asking a question.
Speaker 3: About what I thought about the FTC, and I thought that, you know, the possibility of breaking up the big technology companies would be a negative because I think, you know, winning the AI battle for the United States is paramount from military in and economic perspective. So I voiced my opinion. But I'm not involved in those conversations at all.
Speaker 5: But it really raises this ultimate question, which is what policies will she follow. She's been engaging with AOC quite a bit in terms of the campaign trail, and there's a real question of how much there will be an effort to cater to the further left sides of the Democratic wing versus the sort of centrist appeal that she's been trying to have. How much are you actually getting confidence that she's going to have business executives in abent positions in top areas where she really is listening to what they have to say.
Speaker 1: I talk to her campaign almost every day. I'm one hundred percent certain. I'm much as confident. I'm certain that that's what they're going to do.
Speaker 3: I've been on the trail with Doug Amhoff, who, as part of his presentation, talks.
Speaker 1: About what a capitalist she is.
Speaker 3: She's talked about, you know, wanting to create twenty five million new businesses.
Speaker 1: That's not a reflection of anything far left.
Speaker 3: One of the first things she did was introduce a tax deduction or increase the tax deduction for startup cost to fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's very important.
Speaker 3: She recognizes that if the thirty three million companies in this country, ninety nine percent are passed through, ninety nine percent are.
Speaker 1: Run by people making four hundred k or less.
Speaker 3: Those small businesses are what drive the economy. They create most of the new jobs every single year. So she's focused on an opportunity economy.
Speaker 1: I don't think she can be any more clear.
Speaker 5: Mark, do you think that this campaign for Kamala Harris could have done more to reach out to the mail voter. This seems to be an election that is unique in just how bifurcated the male and the female vote really has been. There were some questions around Joe Rogan and how to appeal to the male vote and how to really bring the genders together. What's your take on this campaign's approach to that.
Speaker 1: I think it was very data driven.
Speaker 3: I mean, women have a high propensity of voting, and you know, with all with reproductive rights and other issues that were geared towards women, I think she did a great job of connecting to them.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe she didn't.
Speaker 3: She didn't do everything she could have with men, but that's okay because she went to.
Speaker 1: The people who are going to vote more.
Speaker 3: You go, you know, as a business person, you go to the people you have the best opportunity to sell to, who's going to buy your product.
Speaker 1: Who's going to vote for you.
Speaker 3: In this particular case, and the fact that she's only been in the race fourteen weeks and she's caught up completely and now I believe pastor and will win today.
Speaker 1: I think she's done the exact right thing, Mack.
Speaker 2: Speaking of business and product, there's a famous squad from Michael Jordan, which I'm sure you know well. Republicans by snake is too and raised the question about you, and I wanted to ask you about this from man who's got a line of businesses, why was this important to you to put your name and reputation on the line and really get deep into politics when ultimately Republicans by sneakers too.
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to get deep into politics, but I think this. You know, this is a close election for a reason, and I think.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris will be the best president and is a better choice than Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: It's that simple. I mean, I love this country. I'm in this position because of everything this country has given me.
Speaker 3: I'm blessed, and I thought, you know, I truly believe that she will be the better president for the United States of America and that's the only reason I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for sharing your time with this this morning. We appreciate it, Mark, and hopefully we can can't sha up against soon. Mark Cuban that on the latest campaign effort from the Harris Campaign