Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Scrub a dub dumb.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you noticed, but we're a little late releasing a podcast this week.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was my fault.
Speaker 2: Fallen soldier, fallen soldier.
Speaker 3: I don't well what.
Speaker 1: I don't drink myself, but I often I feel like I don't get sick often.
Speaker 4: I will say, as often as Robbie gets sick, you really do have a strong immune system.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you so much, because she's.
Speaker 4: Sick all the time and you never get it. Yeah, so it was about time that you went down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went down, and I went down hard on Sunday.
Speaker 2: So it just happened Sunday, Saturday.
Speaker 3: It happens Saturdayay.
Speaker 1: But I was like, you know, my mind, I'm around, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm sleep load up.
Speaker 3: On the things.
Speaker 1: And then said they hit me hard, and your girl is down, Yeah, down down, and I'm deep.
Speaker 3: Luteal So I was down and dark.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, so you're lutil which means I too, am lutial because we were sinked. Right.
Speaker 3: I just got my period this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, early last month.
Speaker 3: That wasn't the twentieth twentieth. Well, I can exactly tell you last month, thank you very much. People like to know.
Speaker 4: Well, no, because she made a whole thing and took a video and being like we're finally seeing I got it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, gotcha. I'm just around the corner, just around the corner. Well, sorry to hear that yet is not great.
Speaker 1: No, but we're back and we're here. Yes on Tuesday. I like it Tuesday for this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going up. That's a great song.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not Monday.
Speaker 4: But Monday's your favorite day, soil. But we're not changing anything. Oh okay, oh.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know a.
Speaker 5: Tuesday Thursday schedule four.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I like it Tuesday.
Speaker 5: I don't know why all podcasts seem to go up on Mondays. I don't know how that started. Easton. Can you shot some Moe All?
Speaker 6: I want to a lot of the podcasts I listened to you go up on Fridays thursdayday.
Speaker 2: Night, because then people have the whole weekend to listen. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people want to catch that Monday commute Sunday night. That's what we do here at iHeartRadio. But there's no real answer.
Speaker 4: I think it's just a preference, even if it comes out on Friday. If you're like, well, I listen to my podcast on what or Friday? What did I just say on Monday? But I want to listen on the weekend no matter what they come out there, I just wait for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we can discuss further. Mark had a birthday so.
Speaker 5: Much. Tanya's just coming up two days away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got my cancers all around. How was your birthday?
Speaker 5: It was fine, thank you. I have a weird coincidence that twice in my life I've gone to see a children's production of Mary Poppins on my birthday, and neither time were my kids in the production. So I don't know how to explain that exactly, but that's what I did on Saturday as I went to Mary Poppins.
Speaker 2: How do you explain that, Well.
Speaker 5: A friend of ours there, it's a camp that my daughter was heavily involved in when she was little, Okay, and now she's a counselor at it because she's eighteen, and so she choreographed it, so we wanted to see what she choreographed. And our friend's kid is in the camp, so it was a double thing when to support them, see what you know, that sort of thing. Yeah, so that's what I did. I spent my afternoon at Mary Poppins. Yeah, it was a good show.
Speaker 2: I think next year you should maybe try and plan something that.
Speaker 5: It's the best late plans, you know, like family stuff just comes up. When it comes up. You can't really schedule around it. So but it was fine, Thank you. We wone got pizza. It's good, nice, nothing too excited.
Speaker 3: Birthday pizza.
Speaker 5: Birthday pizza is.
Speaker 2: That typically what you do as a man.
Speaker 5: An exotic pizza, like different pizza, like Detroit style, Chicago style, some sort of thick, interesting pizza. There's a place on Thousand Oaks called the Slice House that it's very interesting slices of pizza with like honey or like different stuff on it, different kinds of cheeses, and it's really fun to go there and just go nuts.
Speaker 2: Do you know what you're rising in moonar?
Speaker 5: Sure? Don't?
Speaker 2: Okay, well what are your rising in the moon?
Speaker 3: I just told you this.
Speaker 4: This seems like something that you should be able to.
Speaker 2: That would make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my gosh, wow, I have to this up because I just did it.
Speaker 2: What's the what is it called? Co star?
Speaker 4: What's your astrology name? Tati? You're very disappointed in this, she would, It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 5: I don't understand any of this. But it looks like a moon sign is Pisces. I'm a cancer with a Pisce's moon sign? Is that right? Am I reading that correctly?
Speaker 3: I don't?
Speaker 2: What are you looking at?
Speaker 5: Awesome website? Is Google? My my?
Speaker 3: No, you have to put in oh oh no, market like time.
Speaker 5: All that stuffy sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, So it's cancer sun and cancer moon and taurusts and Aquarius rising, which is sensitive seeks comfort for gibbs but never forgets so nice, so you yeah, yeah, what's yours?
Speaker 4: I'm which is the one that you present as? Is that your moon rising? The so my moon is Libra and my rising is cancer.
Speaker 3: We're so tight?
Speaker 2: How I remember?
Speaker 4: They say, like typically how you present which makes sense because like libras can be very indecisive, and that's I really resonate with that. That's about it, though, I don't. I don't really go in depth about astrology. It's just fun to ask. I love it, I know, but you love it. You don't love it so much that you knew your own moon.
Speaker 1: And resonate so much as a cancer that I don't care about the other sign.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I spent.
Speaker 4: My whole entire week watching Love Island usay.
Speaker 1: I mean, I gotta say, Becka put in the work I should be put in the w E r K.
Speaker 4: I would just like to say that that was twenty six.
Speaker 2: I think I got I think I have a couple before. I'm like officially caught up because it work.
Speaker 3: Tonight, we're on episode thirty one.
Speaker 1: Oh my, and you guys, so it actually ends this weekend. I think the finale is the twenty first. Can you confirm that for me? I'd be happy to thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I think the finales this Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I really put in the work to be able to have this conversation on scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: And you know we're gonna have it in depth.
Speaker 5: I can't confirm Sunday is the finale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're just there, You're right there. I gotta get it tired. I'm so tired, just a couple more. If I can tell you what Iler's voice fuck air.
Speaker 2: To lose my mind. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So but I really appreciate you doing that because.
Speaker 2: If you don't for you, you know me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I sent Beca this thing that said the Love Island USA finale is set to air, Oh yeah, July twenty first, as Peacock also announces that the series as the most watched streaming reality show in America.
Speaker 5: Looking at me like, you're in my face. I never said it wasn't popular. What I said was your for you page is not a great gauge of what is popular. It's just great gauge. It's popular with you. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Also, but you also said nobody watches.
Speaker 5: I said, I have information on.
Speaker 1: Thinking about life without Love Island usay meme of Aaron being very sad. But I saw this other meme that it was like everybody on Instagram is in Europe, like flaunting around the beaches. My summer plans are watching Love Island USA. And I was like, I really resonated with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still don't get it.
Speaker 5: Really, twenty six episodes, you don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how it has taken off the way it's taken off.
Speaker 3: What this season is extraordinary?
Speaker 4: So what really led led me to going on this journey alone?
Speaker 2: Might I say? Just me and Phoebe. Phoebe's probably so tired. This voice in the world is that Chicks in the office.
Speaker 4: Rhan fran Or got invited to go to Fiji for the finale to like do a podcast and stuff there. Oh yeah, And so Tanya was like this could be us, and I'm like, yeah, except I have never watched the show in my life, but I will do it for you. And so that's what you know. I was like, I'm I'm I'm a team player if anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Riha and fran they are getting sent to Fiji to be there for the finale. They get to interview the winning couple and they get to interview Ariano Mattox and they're gonna be on Aftersun, which is like iconic for Love Island fans, and Peacock sent them the water bottles. They like have these water bottles with their names on them that are very like iconic, and they sent them all this kind of Love Island swag.
Speaker 2: I do feel like you should at least get a swag bag.
Speaker 3: No, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I felt a little left out of that as well because I saw Nick bol got one as well.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, wow.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if Nick Miles watched as many seasons as I have. But that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 6: Are they all still on the island?
Speaker 3: Then, yes, it's all in real time so we're.
Speaker 1: Watching, yes, yes, Okay, so this is a break and come back because there's like a lot to unpack.
Speaker 2: Have we even started the podcast?
Speaker 4: We just started when okay, we're gonna put we'll put a pin in that and do that at another tuble we'll go in depth about Love Island.
Speaker 2: But we just started the podcast this Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you doing? Oh my gosh, Well you can't really like throw me like that. I'm like just getting into my like love, I know.
Speaker 4: But we literally just started the podcast and had like two seconds before you're trying to do a break.
Speaker 6: We just heard thirty minutes of commercials before the show start again.
Speaker 1: No, I'm never the one to like break us, And so I wanted to like bet today and I wanted.
Speaker 3: To get it in.
Speaker 2: That was brown noser behavior, pick me behavior.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding, but no, we don't need to take a break yet, because if anything, people want longer podcast.
Speaker 2: They're like, we could listen to you. I don't.
Speaker 4: They were like the podcast used to be longer. I feel like they cut it like forty minutes, and then I think so, I think, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying that we're having similar amount of ads to talk ratio, which is.
Speaker 5: Speak to that. I add the commercial breaks. iHeart radio has a rule on this and it hasn't changed. There's two stop sets, that's what we call them in radio, two commercial breaks.
Speaker 3: But how long are those commercial breaks?
Speaker 5: Well that I don't control.
Speaker 1: Well that that's what they're saying. The length of commercial is the same amount of time as we're spent talking, which I.
Speaker 5: Don't know about that. I just know that if it's the show is fifty minutes or less, I put in two. If it's more than fifty, I gotta put in three. Yeah, And I never put in three regular ways. So I don't think we were ever that long.
Speaker 2: I think we used to. We definitely used to go over an hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, do your thing.
Speaker 1: But also as you put them in the you put them now, So that's content. You put commercials in the beginning of the podcast.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's standard. I don't control that either.
Speaker 3: Well, sounds like you do. I like those to not come first if you can move those.
Speaker 5: I don't think we can move those right easty, No, we can't, but maybe soon.
Speaker 3: We got a meeting. We need to have a meeting.
Speaker 5: We roll by the way.
Speaker 2: Anyways, We see what y'all are saying.
Speaker 4: We don't have control over everything, but we hear you and what I do.
Speaker 3: Think we wish had control of everything. That'd be scary, dangerous.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they would get if that were the case.
Speaker 3: That's very true. A lot of boring love island talk.
Speaker 5: That's for sure, I know.
Speaker 2: But people are wanting the love island talk.
Speaker 4: But we will get to that in a little while because there's a lot to say. But as I was saying before you tried to insert us into break early, it's your birthday this week. I thought you're about to hit it. I just thought you were doing it, so I was giving space. What are your plans.
Speaker 3: Hanging out with you? I know that, Okay, Okay, we already.
Speaker 1: Waiting for like the Actually I booked a ticket early.
Speaker 3: No, No, when are you going to visit her next week. Oh my gosh, you have a whole.
Speaker 1: Week, a whole more week, basically two weeks, so not this week and then the next week.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so to be like a solid three weeks again, I know. And I'm doing great, honestly, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I'm honest.
Speaker 4: I had a really and I think I talked about this, but not like in too much stuff.
Speaker 2: I had a really hard time last year when she went on tour.
Speaker 1: So it's funny you bring this up. Not funny because you had a really hard time. But Robbie actually brought it up to me the other day. He was like, how is Becca doing this this time with Haley gone? And I was like, I think she's been quite all right actually, and he goes, yeah, it's it probably helps that she's like in one place instead of like in a different city every night dancing the night away.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, there are some things that have definitely helped the situation correct.
Speaker 3: But you're handling it, like i'd say, a hundred times better.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, I feel totally different. I think I was dealing with a lot of insecurities that like I didn't even know it triggered something that brought it up for me last year, and I we appreciate.
Speaker 3: You saying that.
Speaker 1: I think you come across as somebody that doesn't have insecurities.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't you think.
Speaker 5: Anyone you do come across as very confident.
Speaker 1: Yes, and very like yeah, and also like nothing really rattles you like I don't bluzz Yeah, bluse is not the right word, but very just.
Speaker 3: Like, come at me. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I think I I've always felt that way, but.
Speaker 4: In my relationship, and I think there's some vulnerability there because it's the first time it's something that feels so like I've tried. I was trying so hard to hold on tight to it because I thought like, for some reason, maybe it could be taken for me for some reason last year I felt that.
Speaker 2: And I think it being.
Speaker 4: My first serious relationship and being like my first love, there was this like heaviness to it that I felt so almost out of control about, which in any relationship, once you recognize that you don't control your partner, you don't want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it takes like so much weight off of you.
Speaker 1: It's tough place to gain what to be out of, not not in control yeah, yeah, no, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's natural to want control of the situation. And she is so amazing and when we would talk about it in therapy, it was never about me not trusting her what she would do, but it was like my own I was like something was feeding my own insecurities and I was in a spiral. And when I've realized when you're in a spiral, no one can say anything to get you out of a spiral.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you just go down.
Speaker 2: You just you just go down. And then I'd come out of it and be like that was wild. Sorry about what I said and how I've paved that. Yeah, And a lot of people have been asking how have you been doing?
Speaker 4: You know, I did hint at it last year, I guess because people are like, I know, last year was hard, So how are you doing. I'm doing I'm actually doing so well, like I can say without faking it. Even Haley the other night was like make sure because I was like, I'm really missing you. I noticed, I noticed I'm missing you, and just mundane things like we went to Michael's party, Britney's husband, and like that's something we normally do together, you know, and just like having her with me for those types.
Speaker 3: Of things like watching Love Island every night.
Speaker 4: She would have no, I wouldn't have been able to do that. She would have been so over.
Speaker 3: Show ditched out this season on me too.
Speaker 2: Actually, I was like he was kind of like, he was kind of like, it's not that great. I'm good into it. Helena too, Well.
Speaker 3: That's a different story.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So I was just telling her. I was like, yeah, I'm really missing you.
Speaker 4: I really felt it today and I like cried, but I wasn't crying and like I was mad or I was just like I miss you. And she's like, you know, make sure you go out and are giving to yourself and having fun. I'm like, no, no, no, I'm having a great time.
Speaker 1: I'm totally don't pay, don't get get your nails stuck, like go.
Speaker 2: Be in nature, like you know, plans with friends.
Speaker 4: I think she's triggered from last year, so she's like keep busy, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I promise you I'm good.
Speaker 3: Is so funny.
Speaker 6: I know you're sitting at home with a copy of Panorama, just a single candle, just like.
Speaker 2: Like listening to the breakup songs she wrote about me. I didn't even know we were going to break up.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it's been great, and I'm really proud of her, and I'm proud of us for like really doing it because we we had a lot of couples therapy time leading up to it, just being like, it can't be what it was last year. How do we you know, Yeah, get through this and it'd be like a positive experience for both of us.
Speaker 1: I commend you, I really do, because I know going into it you were hesitant because of everything from the past, and you've really like you took what you learned, you grew from it, and you're implementing those things into this new time and it's proving to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been great. I'm I'm like I said, I'm proud of us, and and we did put in.
Speaker 1: The work to get here. Yeah, you know, that's that's a little bit about us. So three weeks is a long time.
Speaker 4: Three weeks is a long time. So but when you have the rest of your life, what's three weeks?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, wow, wow, nicely.
Speaker 3: She went there.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Anyways, what are you doing for you?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Take the day off work, That's what I'm doing a Yeah, oh that time.
Speaker 5: In you'll be on the morning show.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but and I am, I'm free, so you don't have your meeting. No, okay today you do you want to do a small day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do a spall day.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do I mean, we'd love to come.
Speaker 2: Massage guys.
Speaker 5: Done.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I guess that will be in a recap for next week's podcast, depending on what day we do that.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm kind of you know what, I realized because even Robbie was like, why aren't you inviting your friends to this thing? That because there's always there's this concert that they do in this little grassy patches, like a free concert that they have a different band each week and it's every Thursday in like the courtyard.
Speaker 3: That's very meaningful to us.
Speaker 2: Where we got engaged, where we got engaged.
Speaker 1: And we love going there because it's just like so cute, fun vibes, picnic. So I was gonna do that and just invite all my friends to come Thursday night to this concert. But I'm like a lot of my friends are out of town. The majority of my friends are out of town. And and then I was like, I don't really want to create a big fuss of this because I'm going to be asking a lot of you in the next year.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, let's just.
Speaker 2: That's very thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Call it what it is, another day and we move on.
Speaker 4: It's not another day. But I think you can celebrate without it needing to I think people forget that you can celebrate things and it doesn't need to be a big hooplah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say hoopla.
Speaker 3: It seems like a very Tanya word.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's giving hullabalu, but it's a word who was an actual word?
Speaker 2: Isn't hullabaloo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going made that up?
Speaker 2: No, remember when I did that thing and I.
Speaker 3: Was like me words, I thought it was a made up word like faith word. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Anyway, anyway, it's gonna make what are your what's your goal for year thirty seven?
Speaker 1: So it's so funny because I was sick for the past couple of days, I haven't really had, like my Tanya time to really think over what I want to leave behind in this last year. You did put in perspective to me that this thirty seventh year of life is the year that I'm going to marry the man of my dreams.
Speaker 5: Which is like your thirty eighth year of life mark, you're turning thirty seven, meaning you're starting Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry anyway, but yeah, which really was like crazy, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there's so many times we always have conversations about like the societal pressure of like what.
Speaker 2: You should have done by a certain age and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it sucks.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's only a woman thing because like especially there's the not the societal pressures, but also like the genetic pressures or what scientific scientific pressure is on women, and like also the societal pressures of like, you know, we're getting older, are we relevant?
Speaker 3: Are we cool? Everybody wants to be gen z? Like should I be worried about my job? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like all those things go through your head as you get older as a woman, and it's like up honestly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no it is. But I do think that both can exist. Like I think it's normal, it's human to go like to have those thoughts, especially like as we get another year older, especially as we're just naturally aging. But I also think that being able to see the bright spots and what a privilege it is to have to have a year, to have something like marrying the love of your life that's like happening at this time in your life is so exciting, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's all about perspective, Yeah, and also acknowledging the feelings that you feel and being able to go like, oh this sucks, but it is a weird feeling and stop it.
Speaker 1: It's such a weird I felt like I was having that America Ferrera dialogue going on in my head Frobie from Barbie. Yeah, where it's like as a woman, like, you know, you want to embra like.
Speaker 3: I do love. I feel like the older that I get.
Speaker 1: The more confident I am in myself and the more like excited I am about things, and the less I care about stupid stuff, you know what I mean. So it's like I do enjoy getting older in that perspective. But then it is there is that element of like I work in entertainment, and like there is this thing as women get older, they get less and less desirable and get shoved to, you know, somewhere else, and so it's just like it's this really weird mix of emotions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny you mentioned America for a bar because just last night. And I don't want to say who this is is because it's it's it's it's their business. But my wife and I know someone who who who filed for divorce from her husband after many years, and when asked about that, because we kind of saw this coming, she said, the turning point was the last thirty minutes of the Barbie movie. Wow. She said that was that was when she knew it was over because she was tired of being disrespected.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's so dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I don't have that.
Speaker 2: You don't have one that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Everybody has.
Speaker 1: Everybody has stuff going on in their lives, you know what I mean. You reflect and I feel like I reflect a lot around my birthday, but everybody has like things going on and pressures and starting over again at however whatever her age she is, and it's all just crazy.
Speaker 4: I think that every every year that we get to have and it's it's almost like you look back like we'll never be.
Speaker 2: This young again, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think that's also how to look at it, is like this is as young as we're gonna be.
Speaker 5: That's like perspective. When your birthday comes around, you're like, oh god, I can't believe I'm this old. Well, you'll never be this young again in ten years from No wish it was that old. So you got to enjoy it. I love it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Now you guys are making me want to like throw a big party because I'm like, I'm never gonna get thirty seven back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's throw a party then.
Speaker 4: But we're gonna have a small day in like a nice time so we can party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna you're having a really big party next year. Next year.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, a very big party.
Speaker 4: Okay, the time has finally come for a break to talk about Love Island. Oh wow, but we're gonna take a break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: How do you know that was?
Speaker 2: The time has arrived.
Speaker 4: We gave you a teaser at the beginning of the episode, but it's time to get in depth.
Speaker 2: It is of Love Island USA Season six.
Speaker 4: And if you're someone listening and you're like, I don't care, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I understand you.
Speaker 4: I know these conversations when you're not watching something said yes, are like no, but it's it's you know, when you spend I would say, twenty six hours of a week watching a reality TV show.
Speaker 2: You deserve an in depth conversation about So I.
Speaker 1: Also, like I I watched this show on a daily basis. It airs every day but hump Day, and I am sad on Wednesday nights because I don't get my new episode.
Speaker 3: That's how addicted I am.
Speaker 4: Can you explain what it is about the show that you're addicted to?
Speaker 1: I wish I oh, like, I wish I knew.
Speaker 3: But I first of all, I love love and I like the kid.
Speaker 2: No. None, Yeah, I gotta be ironic. What you have to be being ironic?
Speaker 3: No, but the show is based around finding love. Okay, don't gauge this season.
Speaker 1: Don't gauge this season on that because not this season sucked for the love department.
Speaker 3: There are couples that come out of it.
Speaker 1: And what I like about it is that it's not just one guy with like twenty five girls. One got girl with twenty five guys. This is guys and girls all being able to just date each other, be respectful about it, go out with other people in front of other people, respectful.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so.
Speaker 1: This season of USA is outside of the norm. There was a lot of drama, which I also found entertaining too, But it's all the name of love.
Speaker 6: What sets it apart from Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad you are asked.
Speaker 2: God Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, it's a hair trash here. I've always I've always been like on.
Speaker 1: My like high horse saying that, like the UK is only what I will watch. I will never watch Love Island USA. These people like are just it's trashy. I don't like it. It's bad behavior, and because the UK ones are very respectful and it's like it's a totally different show.
Speaker 3: But I found myself caught up in it this season.
Speaker 4: Everyone did, though, That's why I was like, I guess this is a conversation that we need to have on the podcast because.
Speaker 1: Everyone wants me about Everybody that I follow on Instagram is watching it and like watching it in real time, like Carissa Stanton, Amanda Stanton, Alex Cooper, Victoria Garrick. Uh, there's more you name it, you name it, They're watching it. Friend Susie Susie Susie into it. I just like every but Teddy Mellencam. I just feel as though everybody that I follow is watching this season.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Who do you feel like you resonate with the most on the show?
Speaker 3: Kaylor?
Speaker 2: Literally, Tanya would be.
Speaker 3: Kaylor also would be if I were on Love Island.
Speaker 2: Why do you say that?
Speaker 1: Because she felt she fell hard, she stayed loyal and true. He totally screwed her, and then she took him back. She cried a hundred times, over and over and over again, the same story, took him back every time. It's quite sad that I feel like I resonate with her.
Speaker 3: But I do.
Speaker 2: I like the awareness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, at least I'm aware of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just Okay. So I texted Tania and I said, what would you do if we went for the same guy on Love Island? And she immediately said murder you, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 3: And easy out for off. And then he's mine.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming that you met if we weren't friends and we just went in like as strangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, well, I thought we could just have a conversation about it and just you know, it would be up to him to make the decision of who he wants to be with ultimately, and she said, oh so obviously was joking. Would you still murder me if that after I gave you that other option?
Speaker 3: No, I obviously would be mature about it. Have a conversation with.
Speaker 1: The guy and with you, and like, then let's decide who was the better connection. That's obviously what I would do. But I was curious who you resonate with most within the villa.
Speaker 4: So as someone I would say before I met Haley, I resonate with liv because she has no interest in any of the guys, and she is very much a girl's girl.
Speaker 1: She is, if you know what I mean, she's a girl's girl.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 4: The girl wants to be there for the girls, no interest in any of the guys, and they all have picked her now.
Speaker 3: She has had slight interest slight interest.
Speaker 2: She hasn't been hurt one time when a guy has gone That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like she likes him for a minute, Like I think she like robbed for like a day, team for like a day.
Speaker 2: I too, liked the attention, and then I was like, Okay, heybye, too close, goodbye, ye go find someone else.
Speaker 3: But she sticks up for all the girls. She's out there, ye doing the moment.
Speaker 4: That's why I was like, I could see that being me pre Haley on the show post Hailey, Like, if I met someone and had the connection with Haley, I would be Serena.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting.
Speaker 1: So are you team Serena or team Cordell Serena, Okay, so hot take. I've been teaming Cordell because from day one he has been only interested in her, and she's been twisting and trying to like not commit to him and like trying other connections out, and he has been faithful to her. So then they go to Cossa more and this girl's showing him attention.
Speaker 3: No, that's Serena. Never showed him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did the night before he left. He finally got what he wanted. It's news you lose.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, because she would go and try and find other connections, but she was never disrespectful to him. She would go and have other conversations.
Speaker 1: And I agree that he may not have done it in the nicest of ways. It was a little like gross. Yeah, However, I do feel like she toyed with him the majority of the beginning of the see she was a.
Speaker 2: Very normal person going into the show, being like I'm not gonna literally hook up with you. The first few nights we met. And I'm gonna take it slow, but I like you and I want to try this.
Speaker 3: Guy, and I'm gonna I'm gonna, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Stay loyal to you and I talk to them.
Speaker 3: I didn't love it. I love as a Kailer. I didn't like Kaylor.
Speaker 4: You should be totally team Serena. No, yeah, because Cornell did what Aaron did.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no. I think they're very different. Aaron to me is for the birds. We can chop them up and feed him to the birds.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: And oh you know what I heard what I Live.
Speaker 1: Was on another podcast and she said that we didn't even see the worst of it.
Speaker 2: What he did with Daniella.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, really, I would feel like they would show us that.
Speaker 4: They're probably like, if we have, if there's any chance of care, we gotta ease it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: I've also heard, oh, okay, I also heard that Caine.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, are you not caught up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know who Kine is. Okay, well, he.
Speaker 3: Is no longer great.
Speaker 1: I heard that producers did not like him because he was supposed to pick Live. They wanted to keep her and I guess he didn't pick her, and so they were like and they like somehow figured out how to get him out.
Speaker 2: Whoa yeah.
Speaker 3: In the TikTok world. So I don't know how much of this is true, but I love it.
Speaker 4: I was zero invested in Kane, so right, My who I would have gone for in another life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was Rob Oh And I don't get why.
Speaker 2: Everyone hated it. He was so upfront. He I didn't feel like he ever did anything like.
Speaker 3: You know what I hated about him? Tell and when he got on my list his overalls, No, I don't care what you wear.
Speaker 1: Wear whatever you want, he said. He got all hot and bothered. When they sent Andrea his love home, they were like, now you sent three people home instead of two and made this whole stink about how he was gonna leave with her, and he was so upset, and I'm gonna go with my girl because I love her and screw you guys for sending her home.
Speaker 3: And then what does he do? I think I'm gonna stay in the villa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm sure producers are like, you can't leave, You'll regret this. And they had known each other for three days.
Speaker 3: Well, who cares if that's the love that he is.
Speaker 2: I don't think his love.
Speaker 4: I think he was like I really like her, and I do think he really liked her. I thought it was so messed up that they sent her home. I was so mesd because I liked her me too, and I liked them. I thought that I literally feel like.
Speaker 1: They would have won, for they would have hundred percent, and they would have known, they knew that they knew.
Speaker 2: So I was like pissed, and that's why I started I hate Leah.
Speaker 3: That's when I was like, Leah, you're on my list.
Speaker 4: See here's my feelings about the whole cast. I don't love any of them, and I don't hate any of them.
Speaker 3: I'm just like indifferent.
Speaker 2: I don't relate to any of them.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's such a bad place to.
Speaker 2: Be, because I was telling I was talking.
Speaker 3: About to Joo about that this is like worse than love or hate.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, and difference is the opposite of love.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, but.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter when it comes to this because I don't care. I was telling Jojo because she was like, hasn't gotten any more interesting? Because I was bored and I was like, well, cow some more happens and that's pretty dramatic. And I was like, but I realize I have I don't relate to any of this because, first of all, in my twenties when I was their age, they're like young twenties, yeah, which blows my mind. I was a virgin, so that was like, I can't relate to any of them on just like going and having this experience. Secondly, I'm dating a woman, so like I have in my mind, I'm like, this is insane. They kiss so aggressively, I'm like grossed out.
Speaker 2: And third I'm thirty five. I'm like, I feel so far removed from this that like there's no part of me that connects to anyone.
Speaker 3: Why do I connect to it so much?
Speaker 2: Then? Because you see yourself in kaylor Well, Also you love the show.
Speaker 1: So you like see you know there is something that I love about it.
Speaker 3: It's like these people are in this warped word. They're in a bubble.
Speaker 1: They can't watch TV, they don't have any social media, they can't do anything but just talk to each other all day long.
Speaker 3: Do you know how much that's my dream? It's like summer camp.
Speaker 1: They wake up, they get ready, they do all their makeup, They chitchat all the girls, the guys make them breakfast. They play these dumb challenges like it's so it's like summer camp. It's like watching adults at summer camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but all the challenges are like.
Speaker 4: The most like teeth clashing, disgusting makeouts I've ever seen. I literally was horrified the first makeout challenge.
Speaker 2: Really well, after you kiss a girl watching this, you're like, wow, it's so much better.
Speaker 3: Really, Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That, but I find you too. You would probably be an aggressive.
Speaker 3: You haven't seen the heart rate challenge yet.
Speaker 1: That's like basically like soft core porn, like soft television. Yeah, it's pretty so like they do this challenge and you're gonna a couple couple episodes away.
Speaker 3: I watched it last night. Was so good.
Speaker 1: But basically like all the guys sit down around the fire pit and all the girls come out like different whatever sexy outfits so they can be like a sexy cat or like a sexy.
Speaker 3: Nurse or whatever.
Speaker 1: And the guys are wearing heart rate monitors and they have to like grind on them and they get judged on who which.
Speaker 5: The women grind on each guy.
Speaker 1: Each one at a time, and then they rehearse it and the guys grind on each girl one at a time, and they see who raises your heart rate the most, and like, you hope it's your partner, Like you hope it's like your couple that you're in, but it's like really awkward if it's not. But like just so that the things that people do to get their specific partner's heart rate up because they want that, they like they will like take them, throw them on the floor.
Speaker 3: Like Janey was like, I don't even know how to say it.
Speaker 1: Like she was twerking on Kenny's face and her butt was like clapping in.
Speaker 3: The back and I was like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Kendall threw in cold down and was like licking the inside of her thighs all the way up. And I'm like, this is literally soft porn, like if they were naked, this will be porn. And it's on my television screen right now and I'm loving.
Speaker 6: Every So what episode this.
Speaker 3: Episode thirty one than you are?
Speaker 2: She's there, She's there so much time. I'll have to see it through. But my god, am I ready for it to be done?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I had to say when they come back from cost some More. To me, that was peak television. That episode was one of the best reality TV shows I've seen in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: That episode when they came back.
Speaker 1: When they came back, all of it was brilliantly done. Like hats off to the team at Peacock. However, once they come back and I will settle into their couples, it starts. There's a couple episodes where it gets a little boring. So I'm ready to like wrap this season up, let's go. But are you rooting for I think there's no couples that I there's really no couples except for Kendall and Nicole.
Speaker 2: Oh spoiler alert, spoiler alert, Well.
Speaker 1: No, I mean Cordell and Serena, Janey and k Kenny, Taylor, Kayler, Kaylor and Aaron and Leah and Miguel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't really care. I don't care who wins.
Speaker 2: That's what. So I was trying to figure out what the point of this show was because I'm like, the producers are messing with everyone so much that it doesn't feel like they even want anyone to find love. You know. It felt so chaotic.
Speaker 4: But I do think from the game mentality, I could go in and just like be totally shut off, but like fake it till I make it.
Speaker 1: Right, Like I want to win so bad that I'm just going to get into a couple of America love me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if he wants to go explore, I'm gonna be so nonchalant that he'll be like, why doesn't she care?
Speaker 2: And if he came back, I'd be like, I'm glad you got to explore.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: I could do it in my prime when I was early twenty years off, didn't know.
Speaker 2: I was like interested in women. Yeah, could have aced it.
Speaker 1: I could never do it. No, no, no, Cosa Moore would wreck you probably chose to go to Kasa More.
Speaker 3: He'd be a dead man. He would literally if he came.
Speaker 1: Back, I'd be like, fine, if I saw that video and like Tayler watching it over and over and over again, like I've been her, Like I have done that.
Speaker 2: You've watched the videos of something well, yeah or.
Speaker 1: Not like in that Obviously it's a very unique situation, but like when you're like when Robin and I were broken up, I would analyze every single thing he posted. I'd like screenshot and like zooming, like where is he Like what part of town is this whose license play is in front of his house.
Speaker 2: So scary to admit publicly digital footprint.
Speaker 4: The thing that really really upset me was how different of a level of.
Speaker 2: Just physical, physical beauty.
Speaker 4: The guys they brought into the girl's house versus the girls they brought into the guys that you guys they brought in ten, like ten out of ten every single girl that they brought for the guys.
Speaker 3: Girls that came in.
Speaker 2: Models, and then the guys they brought in were like.
Speaker 4: And like one thing, See, my thing is like, okay, if someone maybe they're not like oh my gosh, they're so hot, but they have like funny banter and the conversation's good and there's chemistry.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't even care.
Speaker 3: They were duds literally, so were.
Speaker 4: Like stunning and like cute and it's sweety.
Speaker 2: I was like this they set them up for so much failure.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: There was something weird in the water with the like there was something set up there.
Speaker 2: They were one of the girls.
Speaker 1: They didn't want the girls to stray, They wanted the eyes to stray, like there was something weird there. It's never been like that, like normally it's just like it's equal.
Speaker 3: It's equal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was wild, it was very weird. But this is all happening in real time. So like these people right now are in Fiji living in this bubble, and we're all having these crazy conversations online, like on TikTok and stuff, and they're gonna come out and be like, what the hell.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy to editing it and getting it up that tonight.
Speaker 1: That's a great question that I would love answered. If anybody that listens to us works on the show or behind the scenes, I would love to know, Like I know, Ian, the guy who voiceovers the show, voices it at like nine pm, I think the night before.
Speaker 4: I would also like to admit because I really had a hard time with him when I tried to watch the show before.
Speaker 2: He made me laugh out loud a lot.
Speaker 3: He's very funny.
Speaker 2: He's very funny.
Speaker 3: He's very funny.
Speaker 2: Apologies for my hot take on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's okay, we accept your apology.
Speaker 1: Thank you as a United Love Island front, but I'm so curious as to how they I also started following this girl who's she's a reality TV producer. She doesn't say what she used to produce for. But she kind of gives like a behind the scenes of Love Island as like a producer, huh. And she's been giving some like insight of like the whole Daniella thing. She basically was like once Aaron and Daniella, once they realized that Aaron was like not gonna bring Daniella back, they wanted to get her back to the to the villa so bad that they were probably in Aaron's ear like, oh, ask Rob to take her, and like in Rob's ear, oh, you should look at Daniella to.
Speaker 2: Say on the show you should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because they wanted they knew that they needed to get Daniella in the villa, and so they were just trying to like figure out how Wow, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, producers are genius. I mean it's crazy. Yeah, what they can do?
Speaker 5: Can we end this now or what do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I don't really have anything left to add, but there's still we have no next week, so.
Speaker 3: It's over on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Monday we have we'll have a conversation about it. Oh right right right right right, yay, So we'll be.
Speaker 4: Back with more, So stay tuned and we'll be right back for this podcast.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, every party has a poopa. That's what we invited you, mom.
Speaker 5: It seemed like an adequate amount of time, and in fact, i'm looking back at it, it took like about twenty straight minutes of Love Island.
Speaker 3: I tell you, I have.
Speaker 2: To tell you.
Speaker 1: So Robbie bailed on this season. He was just like, I can't with these people, like I'm out, and so he stopped watching. And then when I got to call some more, guess who can crawling back begging.
Speaker 4: I don't blame him though that if I if someone had been like, hey, start at episode eleven or twelve, whatever that was, I would have been so happy or really honestly, when Andrea came in, whatever episode that was, that's when it got like picture. So it was like seven episodes of just like what are we doing?
Speaker 3: But you were asking them wrong, girl, because I love it all, I know.
Speaker 6: I was very entertained watching you talk about it was like watching a stallion that had been fenced up for months being able to run free. That was like, sincerely, very exciting to watch.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I actually got a lot of d ms from Scrubbers that said that they've started the season because I have all my Instagram stories and they asked.
Speaker 3: Me to make a highlight so that they could watch them.
Speaker 6: Back as they.
Speaker 4: I put when I posted the screenshot of you saying you'd murder me, Robbie goes.
Speaker 2: Tanya would be that she'd be a disaster on the show Disaster.
Speaker 3: Disaster.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll be back next week with more. Don't worry about us.
Speaker 1: Well no, but with the love because we're not gonna talk about Love Island on Thursday because we need.
Speaker 2: To give Unless it's a Dear Bonya question.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants a break from Levi Isolin.
Speaker 5: Everyone does that. Doesn't watch that show, you have to understand.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of Dear Bonya, there was a follow up question.
Speaker 2: Mark, do you wanna do you wanna sure handle that?
Speaker 5: Here comes? Are you ready for a follow up question? Because I'm gonna read it to you right now. On last week's Dear Bonia episode of Scobber asked if she should stop trying to conceive so she can attend her best friend's wedding. Remember I remember this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a lot of feedback.
Speaker 3: I said, go for it.
Speaker 5: Some of you said stop Scrubber Sierra said in the Facebook group that she wants a follow up question ask and this is a very astute question, Sierra, Tanya, if Becca were getting married nine months after your wedding, would you hold off on getting pregnant right after you get married?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wait, if Becca was good, if you were getting married nine months after my wedding, okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: So there was a lot of scuttle about this in the Facebook group, and a lot of people who have been through the process or know someone closely who has gone through the process of trying to conceive and have had a hard time. It came across that we were very you and I were very like insensitive to that the struggle of trying to conceive. And then they're like, we appreciate Mark's answer, which I totally understand by Here's what I commented back, because I was like, this is this is one of those things where and we announced this at the beginning of the episode where like, we're not professionals, we only give our opinions, Like it's really you know, we're just.
Speaker 2: Giving what we would do in our lives.
Speaker 4: You're planning a wedding, so what's most important in your mind, Like what could be more important than your best friend being at your wedding.
Speaker 1: Well. And also I've never tried to conceive, Yes, I've I was going to spend my life not trying to conceive, So that's my perspective. And I also think, yes, I do. At the minute we get married, we're gonna start trying. That's the plan. But I still think that if you were getting married nine months from my wedding, I think I would wait.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I would like not like I'm gonna wait till your wedding, but right, I don't want to. I wouldn't want to miss your wedding, right.
Speaker 4: I think I would be if if I knew that you were trying to have a baby, and let's say you were having a hard time and you you were like, this is what all I can think about right now, and I was having a wedding, I would say, like, do what.
Speaker 2: You need to do.
Speaker 4: And I totally believe that things fall into place how they're supposed to fall into place, Like I really don't put like I don't think we have as much control as we think we have over things. I think we can do our best and put in effort and time, But I think I didn't want to come across instancive. I just think it's our perspectives because neither of us have tried having I'm couldn't be further from trying to have a baby.
Speaker 1: But also I think too, it's different. I think it's different because I even had the conversation with Robbie. I was like, I think a lot of my friends, at least a couple of my friends that were inviting, are trying to have babies very soon. So there is a possibility that like a good chunk of my friends won't come to the wedding because they'll be too close to their du date or whatever. And I don't hold that against them at all, nor would I. I like, there's zero resentment, like when I say zero negative, like I truly would never But I think it's different when you think about your best friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think you want them to be there, And it can be both things where you're like, I really want you to be at my wedding and I really want you to have a baby if that's what you're desiring, and it's been hard, right, So your answer is you would you would in your time of your life right now, you would hold off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you were exactly nine months after my wedding, I would probably hold off a couple months and then go from there. Yeah, because the thing with fertility that's so interesting is like you can't Like I was telling Beca, I'm doing all these tests, I'm doing this test, and then I'm a test for this and test for this, and it's like, you can't really know unless you start trying. That's the tricky part with fertility. So it's like I can do all these test tests, but you don't know until you start trying.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 4: And I think that was their point, is like how can they give an answer on their response on this without knowing how challenging and heartbreaking it can be to be trying to conceive and not having success.
Speaker 2: But we don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, and I think obviously, if you're emailing us, you know enough that you know that I am without child, and.
Speaker 2: I too, am a child.
Speaker 3: So that's our perspective on it.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, there will be a new dear.
Speaker 1: Bodyes now, I'm gonna be stressed with my answer that it'll be stressed.
Speaker 4: I was just explaining, like we can always do better and be better and be more aware of other perspectives, but also like we answer from our perspectives because that's what the podcast is, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but we never I mean, I think if you know all of us, we're never trying to be insensitive to anybody. I think we try very hard to not be insensitive to anybody on this podcast. Definitely, And we love y'all so much, and we'll be back Thursday.
Speaker 2: Let me byem
Speaker 5: M HM