Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour. That is, I'm doing my whole album have you heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Matt rodgersofficial dot com to see me in a city near you.
Speaker 2: And now Lost cult drums. Look, oh, I see you my own and look over there is that the culture? Yes, goodness, Lost culture ding dong, lost culting. This is breaking bread culture.
Speaker 3: We are breaking absolute chabada back get Pacaca. Tonight is the friends giving episode of Lost Coat.
Speaker 2: How about that? How about that?
Speaker 3: It's giving friends. You are all invited, you know, auditorily in a sense. Don't come to my house please, there's not room. It would be too much if you guys all came over, but one at a time, one at a time. Please, you're invited to this whole up based down.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, now you're getting horny. Not you insinuating? You like to be stuffed before all this stuff. They're all I like to be sniffied and sniffed. Have you ever gotten on Sniffy's. Oh of course I brows. I'm I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't have the gumption, the bravery to the braver to post up on it, to literally post on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I've never downloaded Sniffies. I've never went there. You know my download it's a website. Oh is it a website? I didn't even know experience. You were so innocent. I'm so I'm like the young Doe. I'm like the young Lamb, young Lamb, a female de Wait, that would be a good rendition, a female de Yeah, but this isn't that kind of No, it's not beside the point because Dough is still the like Dough, ray me. What are you trying to get out? What I'm trying to get at is if you sort of did alterations with that melody, it was sort of like, no, as long as you hit the as a long as you get each first exactly. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, don't worry, Please take the liberty, do d I'm sorry, this is now music theory podcast. Oh my god, what's your experience of music? That shit is hard. I don't know how y'all memorize the circle of fifths, you know, music theory girls. It's actually something I never thought I would be able to understand. And now I'm in my I'm in three times a week vocal lessons, getting ready for this. You hear it and I'm now understanding. Oh, it's just about like it's just something to learn. It's something to learn. It's math, it's something that half the back of your head. Right. Do you think you can develop perfect pitch? I think you could hear a tone and then call it. Call it. I'd be like, that's any sharp. You definitely could, No, I can be definitely could.
Speaker 3: I can call an a just because I grew up with my One of my only toys as a young cable list child was the metronomey, So you're just playing around with the metronome, went, was that me? That's I think that's an a readers case. Pulps is finalists, perfect pictures for anyone to have perfect picture finalists?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah, yeah, you know, speaking of finalists, tons of finalists, kind of storming the culture. Look at this list of things that have happened in culture. Hit all. Look at this list. What you see what's number two on hot ones? Bow? And on hot ones? You have to talk about your experience. Well you want to go in order on the list, Well, literally, the first thing is this is what I wrote down. Wicket is out, critically beloved, huge at the box office. Hold space for that old space with the lyrics, hold space with let's talk about success, because can I just say, let's talk about it, Tracy Gilchrist, if you're listening, I've had the privilege of talking to Tracy before. She is a wonderful journalist. She holds space.
Speaker 3: She does, and that's exactly what she was doing. Yeah, and this was again important context. I think it's really vital for people to know that this was the week of the election that was recorded the weekly Election. Yes, emotions were high, feelings were raw, Like I think that really touched Cynthia, even if Tracy only saw it on two posts.
Speaker 2: That well, I work in Crimitius. I have seen a couple of posts the whole thing of the pinky too. It's all funny to me, all so good.
Speaker 3: Everyone's having fun with it, and you know, like you're gonna get that moment in the press tour with a queer outlet, like out with someone like Tracy who looked fabulous, and she did, she looks great and Also, I just I love that we all kind of got on board with it and lost our minds just a little bit, because God, baldan Down is out here posting it. Tweeting about bald end Down is an icon.
Speaker 2: The biggest preda is.
Speaker 3: What I found out after the fact that she was trying to get in on the John Mlaney Chopper own episode of S and Now and I could have so easily on her ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh that will be made up, and we will make that up to you.
Speaker 3: Bald end Down, any show you want the season, Please let me know what would happily have you arrived.
Speaker 2: Come.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm so sorry. I can make schaple happen. But you are so important to the culture. Balding ePAT, She's accurate tweeting this video is changing the way I talk.
Speaker 2: Yep was bald Endaud the one that was like, it's a language I don't understand, but they do. Someone was like they are speaking a language fluently with each other that I do not speak, and like breaking down every single thing of it. The holding of just the pinky, the accepting of the compliment as if she wrote the song. That's really powerful. That's really that's what I wanted. That's what I wanted to have. Every element of it is part of a larger conversation that I want to have about the wicked press stour, which is it's incredible, it is so funny and like, it's amazing, it is funny, and the fact that we will think back on this press stour, this is so fun and the image we will have in our brains is Ariana wiping away at the air around her face so she doesn't cry. And that image of them running away from just like them hiding from their own tears, sorates this presstur And the same way that there could be one hundred people in a room serrated the Star Wars press story, we would always remember this press store. And if it's irritating you, honey, honey, you don't want it, it's gonna be. It's gonna be over very soon. We're gonna do it again, and we're gonna do it again next year, who knows, who knows, who knows, But thank you so much for saying that it's funny. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: Everyone's also like it is sitting next to the fact that they are both giving Oscar worthy performances and.
Speaker 2: Now we can say it because now they've said it, they being all the critics and everything, like I was saying in the beginning, I was everyone that was kind of like being very gay about it and being like it will be nominated for Oscar Lily, Like, now let's not set a bar that's crazy high totally. But then having seen it, I left being like, Oh, this movie's got it, like it can go the distance because it emotionally works at every emotional beat. Heads. Yes, and the performances are very rich, and the characters are complex and dynamic, and you know the world is so fun. Yes, and now you're seeing I think on gold Derby. As of today, Arianna is in the two spot in Supporting Actress and Cynthia is at seven, And suddenly that best Actress category looks very crowded, dacked, stacked, sacked category.
Speaker 3: Can I just say when we're thinking about the of course, the crying, Yeah, we got to experience that individually, yes, on this podcast, And let's just say like in the room it gets you. Yeah, And it's and watching Cynthia tear up about this character that she obviously has has sat with for years. Yeah, just let her Yeah, like she delivered. Everything else is just fun, is just fluff basically, you know what I mean, it's actually really Coach number six. Let actresses be actresses. Let actresses be actresses. That's what's what's what they're going to do. And it can confirm from us. I think maybe being the first interview where there were tears shed and this wasn't even when they were together. We separated them.
Speaker 2: We separated them. The emotions are real, they are very real. Like I'm mom, am I out here just like crying. I was about to say I'm not out here just like crying, but I guess I kind of am. Anytime you do.
Speaker 3: It's so, it's real, it's real, it's wonderful, it's earned. I don't have the capacity to cry the way that I used to. If something's going on, it's just because I'm tired. Oh you feel too tired to cry? Oh yeah, see when I'm tired, that's when it happened. Oh fun, I'm not classic like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, that's great. Let me. I'm just gonna veer away from the tea word. The tea word. Let's go, let's move on. We're not holding space for t word. We're not holding space for TEA word hot ones. I want to hear all about hot ones, because of course all the conversation, you know, as it should be, is all about them doing their press store. You have turned some l e wks and I specifically want to say kudos to you and the number one in the game, Michael Fisher, the number what you wore on the tonight show, Bitch, that suit was everything. Speak about that one. Thank you. Valentino had to toe Valentino very good.
Speaker 3: They they would not make a single session adjustment because it's Valentine. They go, no, you're wearing You had to tell Valentino he's not wearing anything else.
Speaker 2: When a house says we're dressing you, you listen to that. Oh my god, period, I'm not. I am not pushing back. That was amazing. That was a great look, Michael Fisher, the king that you are dressing me for my tour.
Speaker 3: I mean this. This man doesen fu dressed Josh Nira and for the Dick's press tour.
Speaker 2: Dressing Sebastian Stan for all his stuff. By the way, can we say, can someone fucking up? Maybe this will be my I don't think so, honey, Yeah, but let me just say like right now, actually, you know, I'm gonna hold space on this one. It's Sebastian Stan related at the end of the episode, but that's kind about how it thinks to Honey talk about hot ones.
Speaker 3: So this is a dream, this is this is like such a cool opportunity. I'm hot, dusk culture down. You did amazing, Thank you. That was so much fun. I left buzzing. My stomach lining was only ruined for like one day. The rest of the day. Then I woke up the next day being like, oh I was I feel fine, but it was an experience on the toilet later, not even on the toilet, it was just like because I had a full like I had a day, I was running around and then it was.
Speaker 2: Just like, oh my stomach feels awful. So did you have more stuff to do after that? Yeah? Yeah, okay, So they say people that have done it were like, I'm so unhappy that I scheduled more things after that because of the way it fucked me up. You didn't experience all. I didn't experience that.
Speaker 3: I was just my bowels were irritated, and that was the syndrome I had.
Speaker 2: IBS.
Speaker 3: I hear you in that moment, and then just in general, I was worried about you as someone whose stomach is volatile.
Speaker 2: Wait, is this a thing about me? Because I have multiple toilet with you, in a room with you so many times.
Speaker 3: Sure, multiple people are like you are king of my tummy hurts, and I'm like, I don't say those words.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you ever say that. I just think you will have an intense bowel reaction. Well, I got my got biown checks. There, you got.
Speaker 3: What's the I'm so, I'm overall fine. I have a huge overpopulation of one fauna, which is the bacteria that creates all I guess.
Speaker 2: This is going to connect you with a lot of people. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, guys. This is not for the first time I've said this. Look it up.
Speaker 3: This is not sponsored Florea dot com f L O r E not dot com.
Speaker 2: Just Google Florea, got buy dot gov? It should dot gov.
Speaker 3: Well, and the Biden administration because it's RFK Junior.
Speaker 2: Sure ain't touching that. No, we can't talk about it. But poop in the tube. Send it in. It will show you the world. Oh this is this is a call back to your poop in the tube. This is the poop and the two. Oh, so this is what it ended up saying, yes, and it's it was very valuable information, especially because you were going on the Hot one show.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I'm taking my you did custom made me pre biotic.
Speaker 2: How much of the experience was enjoyable from a taste perspective, so enjoyable, I would say.
Speaker 3: They're all very good hot tosses except Debam, which I always knew was that girl when Charlie's there and described it as battery acid. I said, well, now I know exactly what I'm in for. And it was even worse than I thought.
Speaker 2: Even worse than No, I have some? Do you want to try some? Oh? Kind of? Is it going to ruin my night? They let you take it with you. Part of the gift bag, part of this back bag is they give you one bottle of each. Do you want to? Are you kidding me? And we're having chicken tonight? Right? We're having chicken tonight? But should I wait? Or should I do it? Should I do want a dap just a little bit? Yeah, let's do a little dab episode, just one little dap. I don't want you. I'm gonna I swear to God, no this is a huge moment. I don't need milk. You don't have any milk. You know what's funny about the milk of it all? I actually love drinking milk. Yes, me too, I love milk. That would be one of my favorite parts of being on. It's the case and washes away the spice. Do you want to try it? You know what, I'm actually not gonna try it, just because we have a full night of friends coming over and if I react badly, I don't know. I want that. And also I'm going to hold space for my opportunity to one day do the show. Yes, no, man, So I'm gonna let I'm gonna kick it down that I'm gonna keep this way for myself that I wanted to get the opportunity to go. You will show, absolutely will, Matt. You are you are literally the superstar of my life. Okay, that's enough. More on.
Speaker 3: More on Sean Evan and chemistry with that was there chemistry? I just find him to be so charming and he's so thoughtful, such a great interviewer.
Speaker 2: Just comment below if you think that there was chemistry. Clip if you think she should suffer.
Speaker 3: Handsome guy, very handsome man, he is very handsome, and I bet in person it's even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: But like, listen, you know me, like when I see someone, I'm not a big flirt. You don't think unless I really call my target, I'm like, I want to flirt with that person. M I'm just like, no, I'm a big flirt. I know you are who who loves that? Does someone knock?
Speaker 2: Okay, while he goes and checks and sees if someone just knocked, even though it's an hour before someone is supposed to be here, I'm gonna say so, he asked you actually this act, so it was all a great experience. You definitely were flirting. You said that he mirrors, he mirrors, so he so whatever you just by the way, let's just get this out of the way. I chose tenders. Yes, yes, yes, people are a wonder I love. I love a way.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to deal with bones that day because that just gets my my fingers get too oily and it just becomes a whole.
Speaker 2: I think you in even closer to legendary status when you chose tenders. Why why do you say something? Because I feel like a lot of people don't do that. I feel like people are just like, oh, no, I'll do the wing thing. Because I also think there is this ideology that like you're gonna go do the wing show, and like maybe this is like, you know, the patriarchy speaking, but it's like a real wing is on the bone, but you queer culture, you'll take it on the tender.
Speaker 3: Absolutely taken on the tender. Plus it's it's a bigger bite. It's more surface area. Like yeah, with a wing, you're kind of just like what puncturing the skin with your teeth and then you nibble this a little bit off and then it just kind of like it's a little I don't.
Speaker 2: Know something about a tender. It's like you are. Yeah, I took some bites and I wouldn't understand that with a wing. Did you eat a lot of them? Or is a bite of each bite eight about a half of each And for some of them, like those early ones, I was like little dicks. It's the pair one. Yeah, oh that was interesting. I don't think i'd seen that one.
Speaker 3: But paar and ghost pepper or pair and habernaro. That's a wonderful sauce. I'm so excited to have it in my pantry.
Speaker 2: So you are one who has the bomb in your house. Now you have a weapon in your home. I have a weapon. You don't need to get a gun. Oh yeah, I'm someone comes into my house, I'm throwing that in their eyes. It's the bomb on site. Beyond ins beyond insanity. It's that bad. That bad. And the last dab delicious really okay good because it really, it really does.
Speaker 3: It peaks at the bomb and then like the last stabbed so but I noticed you did have a hard.
Speaker 2: Time with the second and last one too, like it was it wasn't food after it wasn't good.
Speaker 3: I would have tolerated it if the order had been the second life, if the bomb was the second last, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I hear you like all the way up to de bomb, I was like, this isn't that bad? I love you know, like my my sesshwenties food. I love my spices.
Speaker 3: I I look up hot sauce production videos when I'm eating a spicy meal at home by my lonesome.
Speaker 2: You were a legend on that thank you, and you were dragging your outside. But I thought, again, Michael Fisher killed Michael Fisher. That was a ware. It's so fun. Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: That was a great time. I'm so grateful I got to do it and that whole crew, that staff. There loveliest people, the loveliest people in digital media, and we love First we faced a lot of people in the comments saying who is this guy?
Speaker 2: And I go, really, at this point, this is my this is my thing. I go, no one can possibly know who everyone is in the culture. Oh yeah, I really don't think so nothing, Like I don't even know who this is. It's like, okay, I don't know who half of the girls are and I don't know either, So like it's that's not a it's not a thing worth spending your thumb muscle energy typing. Oh so, it's like, if you're commenting on a video, who is this person? And the person you're talking about is in the video. Maybe if you watch the video you'll find a little bit of it, maybe you're about maybe you learn more about the person that you're Yeah, yeah, yeah, but you're in lack in terms of knowledge about I thought it was a wonderful appearance. And when he asked you your mount rushmore of albums for the year, I did not leave that brap either way. They cut around that you definitely didn't have Brat in the episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that like it was, and people are calling me on it and rightfully, but I think what we must what you must understand, is that I did, of course give Bratt's flowers.
Speaker 2: Do you want to in an episode that we will not edit because this episode never has had its one every time? What is your actual amount? Rushmore of pop albums? And they're before so this will lead us into the Grammy nominations category. But I mean because we didn't get to talk.
Speaker 3: About it, I think you didn't get to talk about it. And things have since changed with Beyonce with this Christmas Yes performance. Yes, So I'm very excited about that. Me Zoo, that does change things for me. I'm like, thank you, She's giving us a moment with Cowboy Carter. I would put Cowboy Carter up there Brat for sure. See this is where it gets hard. I got two more slots. I'm gonna say short and Sweet.
Speaker 2: Which didn't make it in the episode, and I revisited this week because I'm just like, this woman has the number one movie, the number one album, has had a number one album this year, and when single Eternal sentine is still so fucking Eternal Sunshine is fucking phenomenal. In fact, I was wearing like the sweatshirt the other day, and the merch goes off to speaking of a merch, I have Sabrina Carpenter Short and Sweet. I'm happy you said it has now re emerged back in the I don't know why I pit that against Eternal Sunshine. They're both excellent albums and very emblematic of the year I went to the tour. Please tell me you were there when Domingo was there. I was there when Domingo was arrested, and it was he was arrested for being too hot. Like the show was great. Of this show funny, so funny. Every song is good. Also, not only is every song and Short and Sweet good, And obviously in the show Justice for Tornado warnings. Oh, go back and listen to Tornado Walls. Yes, she knows, she knows how. It's like a really fun part of the show and just like I don't know, just the whole thing is a blast. Like Marcelo being up there as Domingo was so fun. Did you know what that guy did? Yeah, he flew out the writer writers.
Speaker 3: He spent his own coin and flew out the writers good and flew out on Kara and Hair the amazing Karen the wig Maker.
Speaker 2: What a fun moment. It was great. I was really happy to be there for that, and it was a really fun concert, really really just like a oh. Then I turned around, who's sitting next to each other behind me? And literally the entire I felt so weird about this because the entire stadium turns around and looks at the fact that je Jeffreys were there. Oh my god, I knew when they were catching up. Oh, and he was like, how do you spell your name again? It's coming up on the holidays. It's like, what the three year anniversary of our Gaylayan episode? You gotta try tois That's some of my proudest words, honestly, the Twelve Days of Christmas, the McDonald's episode, and the Gilayan episode and the Mary m Cosbia But twelve Days of chres The culture should do that again. Maybe we should yea four years has it been? I guess yeah, because that was twenty twenty twenty. Okay, so what was I saying? Oh? John Mayer and oh John Mayer and Katy Perry in the same but well, they clearly didn't know what was happening. And then I felt weird because everyone was turned with their phones out facing them, watching them talk, and I was just like facing forward, like you guys, please don't like.
Speaker 3: That's not But in the words of Jenner Maroney, respect celebrity privacy, respect.
Speaker 2: Celebrity privacy, celebrity rights. But everyone was enjoying the short and sweet tour. How did Juno go? Juno was amazing? Bad can looked so chem is great? Is Juno is probably now? Nowadays? Yeah, this song I listened to the Oh it's fantastic. By the way, Nonsense Christmas looks so fun, Lauren Mandell Culture Awards. The only reason you produced that to produce that down she produced nonsense Christmas. Yeah, we say, yeah, we can say. I mean, we try to move heaven and Earth to do everywhere asked, asked to be in it. We can make it work. We're so to be lovey Sabrina. We were actually doing a Culture Awards related thing in la and she was shooting it in New York and we heard we got the ask and that would have been so fun. But it's been so fun. Oh well, next year is none sense? Christmas, Christmas. She's the perfect person to do a Christmas special. It's the humor. It's the Oh my god, if I just had the word humor after that, Oh my god, that was such a fun episode. Wasn't that fun? I listened back and I was like, Wow, this is even more fun than I remember. It's also about a pancake berk. Okay, what else is on the list? I have Charlie XCX on SNL. So that episode was so much fun. I have to say Shrek oh actually is back. Shrek is now permanent relevant monoculture. It's actually a rural culture. Number fifteen. Shrek is now permanent relevant monoculture. There's never a time because by the way they keep coming out with shreks.
Speaker 3: Yes, Rerek Five's coming, and also Puss in boots is oh, beIN off, come on, but Shrek will never not. What about you sent me a Lord Farquad.
Speaker 2: Thing the other day. I don't know why this is. So I don't know why this happened, but I found myself I like woke up from a blackout and was like, on Lord Farquad's Wikipedia, like looking at like information about his past, and I just like was like, I don't know why I'm here. I'm screenshotting this and putting this on my story. But it was basically like it was like farquad like like but I forget. It was like his basic info and I was just like, I don't know why I'm here, But the reason is because Shrek is on the plane. Shrek is never gonna be far from top of mind. Everyone. Not everyone. I had the privilege. Oh my god, I go to the Today Show and then I'm here going tomorrow morning. Huh, I'm actually going tomorrow morning. Yeah, I'm on the nine am hour. Oh my god, we're talking to hold on Johnna. No, I'm talking to reading. I'm reading the Now from Now and Crag and everybody. Oh yeahell crag Auroker. If you can talk to Sean Hickey today, Jenna Enhota want us to do something? What do they want us to do? Because you said at the end of segment there's going to be a surprise and a surprise for Hoda but Hoota kind of knows about it. But I'm gonna tell you off link. Okay, I'm into it. I'm interested because I keep wanting to go involve us recording something in the studio. Wow. Oh okay, Now I think I have an idea about what this might be. And obviously you know I'm interested.
Speaker 3: I'm so interested to send off hote Kodby Are you kidding me? WHOA, Sorry, I'm saying too much. Hote a legend, hote a legend.
Speaker 2: She is a legend.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I can't believe I got to look her in the eyes and say thank you so much for the years you put in and for sharing everything about your life with us, about Hope and with and Haley like that is so special.
Speaker 2: God, I love her just the best? Would it be? Oh? I was on Today's show?
Speaker 3: And then in between segments, first of all, the stunning, wonderful, incredible pal Mescal.
Speaker 2: And I are next to each other in the dressing rooms. Oh my god, she got to introduce herself to each other. He's so excited, He's I can't wait for him to host. Oh yes, he's show.
Speaker 3: And then lovely staff member on Today goes. But when John Liftgo would like for you to say hello, John Liftket, Lord Farquad himself, Wow, this is.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have been nice. John liftg would like for you to say hello. I was like I was being invited to meet the King. Wow, I mean in a way, in a way I've met him years ago. I interviewed him and Blithe Danner about a movie at Sundance, and they do they have the gravitas. They are like Americ.
Speaker 3: People constantly think he's British, Yeah, even though he's American.
Speaker 2: Yes, probably because the Churchill of it all is the Churchill of it all.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Shrek is on the brain farqquad. You know, I never got until years later that it's supposed to be like a play on fuquad.
Speaker 2: Oh is it really? Yes? See the thing about Shrek it was subversive, very subversive. I'll never forget. Like my grandfather was fighting me and when we was a kid, he was like, you really want to see this movie? Yes? I was like, I want to see it. It has a good review in Newsday, which was the Long Island newspaper. I was like, it has three stars, and newspaper, we're going it might even have four stars because whoever was reviewing that Newsday fucking understood the assignment. Yes, And my grandfather was like, all right, I can't believe we're going to see Shriek. And so we go there and immediately it starts giving this most biting humor. Yes, and he was Monday said, du luck is oh perfect, Please please keepop up at the grasshand your shoes wipe her face. So come on, this is great comedic work.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Saunders thinging holding out for a hero in the second one, Yes, Rupert Everett playing Prince Charming. That was the first time they let a gay man really go off into Fantasy world.
Speaker 2: Rupert Everett walked. So Jonathan Billy, Oh good period, twirl his ass. Thank you for that close up shop by the way, you know the shot I'm talking about, y'all. Yeah, you know Dance in your Life where he yeah, really has asked in face If you get to see that twenty feet tall at Imax, I'm so happy for you. It's wonderful. But I've been a fan of Jonathan Billy's Austince Bridgerton since Bridgerton in the first episode. You see it, and it's all it's going since crashing, since Final Fantasy fourteen. I'm going to keep saying it. Fellow travelers too. I mean, the sex scenes and fellow travelers are real and intense. Happy for everyone involved. It's so happy for those boys that they got to live their dream. But no, what else? What else about? I oh so so so so that we changed to distrect the musical and then she was so fun. So did you know from Charlie that she was doing Coachella? Did she tell you that? We know she didn't. It's a very close. Now they've announced Coachella for next year Daga headline. And when she took to Instagram and said I have long dreamed of hosting a night of Chaos in the desert, I said, you better talk to us about what you've long dreamed about.
Speaker 3: I'm long dreamed of toasting a night of chaos in the desert, right right, right, right, So the desert is the place for chaos, right, Gaga ending every sentence with right, perfect, It's right.
Speaker 2: She's going to be out there. So it's first of all, Friday Night is going to be freakish. Missy Elliott into Gaga. I can't believe. So, I can't believe you're working. I can go to second week, I can't for the first. Oh God, literally flying in Sunday to go to Are you actually going to get that? But do you know I haven't, mister Malone, Yes, oh, post Malone on Sundays, Megan the Stallion, I am.
Speaker 3: Just devastated to miss Charlie and Gaga and Missy Like, I'm like, that is really Green Day.
Speaker 2: I love Green Day. It's a pretty tough series of acts Tomists, but it's going to be worth it. Sunday is going to be amazing. We're gonna have a great time, Yes we will. I'm so excited about Twigs, Oh my god. Like the lineup is good, like I would say it's more exciting in the headliner space. But the thing about like not knowing a lot of the people on the because I'm not familiar with a lot of the acts, like below the line, below the line is you discover them and it's gonna be fun. It's gonna be great. I'm really That's that's how Chapel blew up.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you know, like that is Coachella at its best when it's like, oh this is a place where people like find someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chapel roon and the Gobi tent going absolutely off. You better go see Tea Pain this year. Oh there's no way I'm missing Tea Pain. My story last year, Dave Mazzoni and I were all we wanted was to see Tea Pain, but the Heineken House where he was performing was absolutely it's give. We had to do te Pain in the Coachella. I was there for my absolute sponsorship. Like, listen to this fucking sentence, you got to go. That's I did. I did get to go. I'm so excited. I cannot wait. I cannot wait. I was hanging out with some friends the other night and just doing gay music videos and Disease came on and I go, this fucking video rules. It really does rules. It's so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like like something's going on in the culture right now where a lot of people are doing stuff in the suburbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the music video space, what do you think is it to appeal?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I think it's just it's just a fun backdrop always, especially when you have Debactri going on.
Speaker 2: Do you have any thoughts on, speaking of the music space, any thoughts on the Grammy nominations.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited. I Awards season is upon Awards, season is upon us. I think for the most part, like what we wanted. Yeah, I think exactly what I wanted. But obviously Ari was snubbed. Barri snubs and she's like, I don't care. She's like, I've got Well, it's not that she doesn't care. I think she's just like, I'm on a totally different journey. I'm so proud of that album, but it's not top of mind, and in a way that I think is so healthy.
Speaker 2: My thing is like she's gonna get an OSCAR nomination, and of the nominations she did get, she can now say that she's nominated for a Grammy alongside Brandy and Monica, Like to me, it's me the morning was a wain dream, like to look at the list and see there is my name next to Brandy and Monica, as it should be. But like, I was so happy with that nomination because their vocal in that altogether was so crazy. That song is great, but I just that album is really spectacular. It's crazy to see all of the Album of the Year nominees six of the pop girl least and then Jacob Collier and Andrews two thousand for an instrumental album like it's a cuckoo year, like that they would do that, like and I guess, I guess the one big pop girl who missed out on the Album of the year nine was Arianna, maybe because it came out super early or March March, it feels earlier than everything else. It was September of last year, right, what are your what are your thoughts? Well, the thing that I had hoped, my predictions for winners, or at least my hopes for winners, can all happen. Yeah, and I hope they spread the wealth. I don't know that they will. I don't know that they will. My dream would be Album of the Year, BRAT, Record of the Year, Espresso, Song of the Year either Good Luck Babe or Birds of a Feather Chapel roon Best New Artist Pop Vocal Album. That is where Arianna could win. I would give it to her now that she isn't up for the other big ones, but I could see Sabrina taking it also Chapel that category stacked pop duo. I think you have to give it to Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars, but I could also sing it. I could also see it being Billy and Charlie because that song is fucking huge. It comes on and you feel so excited. Of course, it's so exciting. I do think Diaret a smile, Yeah, Diet the smile fastest billion and it's number one. Now I think it's like that song could could win a lot more than we think. And also I realize I didn't say Beyonce in any of that, but watch out for this Christmas Christmas thing. I didn't even know there was a football game on Christmas? Did you know about that?
Speaker 3: I know that classically very big footbuckins on Thanksgiving and Christmas, But otherwise if it's part of her Netflix deal, yes, because it's it's the live game on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Okay, So people are all up in arms about the potential for this to be a nightmare because I guess big glitches with the Jake Paul Yeah, Jake Paul love blind stuff, like like Netflix is live. Thing is just always technically a little we gotta get it together. You gotta get it together for Beyonce. Comm on heed Head. Speaking of awards, have you been seeing any Oscar movies? I'm so behind? The answer is no, I have recently.
Speaker 3: Last time, I watched to Look Back, which I think will probably get nominated for It's Gonna be Time, but it's an only an hour long, it's a it's an anime movie. But I certainly think it might it's it's gonna be hard to categorize either. I need to do some more reading on this too. Like it should be up for Best Animated Film. It has a chance of being foreign Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I got to look into like the criteria for short film. I actually don't know. I feel like it usually they are less than like okay, then yeah, I don't know that. I don't know the ins and outs of that. Like I haven't been looking in I haven't been in that animated short space. I've been there the year that I really kind of go all the way down the ball. Are you a member of the Academy? Girl?
Speaker 3: If I were a member of the Academy, I would not leave the house. I would I would be on the app, the Academy app all day, all night. It's probably not far away for you.
Speaker 2: I listen. Janet Yang, the legend you. Oh my god. I got to meet Janet Yang at this event, and she was so nice to my parents. She spoke to my parents. I was like this, this woman can take over the world if she wants. Yeah, President of the Academy, the cheakest woman. Oh you're not. Your invitation is not far away, Well, I don't. I don't know you'll be getting one. But I'm really only in it for the app. I'll be transparent. I just want the Academy app on my Apple TV. I get that. I've seen a few things. I saw a real pain, yes Jesse the Eyes and Breaking Karen Culkin. I thought it was good. I mean I thought it was like, it's a great examination of that relationship, like a brotherly relationship, but you know, complicated and estranged. It's bizarre to me that people are saying like So I went and saw it because it had Oscar buzzed, and I was like, oh, Kieran Culkin is in the one spot on gold Derby for Supporting Best Supporting Actor. You go see it. He's in ninety five percent of theirs. So this is the theme of This is gonna be a theme of the year, I think. And then I was looking at Best Supporting Actress and Zoey's Heldonna is in the one spot and they're saying she's the lead of that movie. So I'm like, and I think there are very few people in that business as talented as Kieran Culkin and zoweys Hel Donna. Absolutely, I think that like, if their performance is like that consideration, they should be in the Austar conversation. But the problem with just throwing rules to the side in a post Olivia Coleman world. Yes, my thing with when a lead performance wins or is nominated for a supporting category, it really just like it robs all those character actors and those supporting players of the opportunity to get that shine. Yes, you know what I mean, Like, it's just it's actually really because why even have a supporting category if you're just going to ignore the rules? And I can't help but wonder, like what exactly makes them feel like they can make those decisions sometimes, Like if Zoe Seldanna, the lead of Amelia Perez, who is also the lead of not just Avatar but also the Marvel series at large in Guardians, who has been a star since the late nineties, who has consistently worked year in and year out, why do they feel like they can bump her down to supporting bummer for everybody, because yeah, supporting ends up being this repository now it feels like, Oh, don't worry, we're gonna campaign you for the oscar, just not the one that is like the one, everyone's gonna be talking about why if Zoe Saldana is brilliant and Amelia Perez and I haven't sitting yet, but by all accounts she is like ferocious, her best performance whatever, then why aren't you campaigning Zoe Saldana. Yeah, someone literally everyone in America in the world has seen her movies. Why isn't she competing in Lead Actress if she's the lead of that movie. I just don't understand why they have. Like, obviously it's a studio decision so they can hopefully maximize their opportunities to win more Oscars. But like you know, if you move Zoe to lead, maybe you do get two nominations and Best Actress with her, and you know Royla Sophia gascon Now they're talking about nominating Isabella Rossolini in Conclave, a movie I saw on Election Day God, which was rough to watch old white Catholic men count votes on election day and then check my phone. But Isabella at for supporting She has like maybe three scenes, doesn't really do much. Yeah, but she's gonna compete with Zoe Saldana the lead of the movie, and Ariana Grande, the lead of the movie. Like if these performances are good enough to be in lead, which they are. Put them there, put them there.
Speaker 3: It is interesting right now currently Golder because Mikey Madison the favorite for Best Actress.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Anura?
Speaker 3: I have not, I have, I'm meant to. I'm very behind, like I said, But yeah, it's like you're seeing your Angelina's and your Nicole's and you wonder if all the shuffling is just to make room for them.
Speaker 2: Where yeah, you must have wondered how they feel about it? Where I don't know. I mean, their feelings are important, but also like not the most important thing. But for me, the thing I'm thinking about the most is it's like you just want the opportunity to reward character work, and especially with someone like Hiaran Kulkin, who is a character actress. His entire career has played character roles, and he has built his career playing roles like this, and then he's a lead in the movie, especially after he wins a lead Emmy for a show that has three arguably four leads. Yes, yes, yes, they did the right thing with him there put him in the lead category. He wanted, deserved lead Emmy for that, Like why are you putting him in the supporting category. He's not a supporting role or a supporting actor. So the direction of this matters.
Speaker 3: Where it's on Olivia Coleman thing where she gets bumped up from supporting to lee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when the true leads were bumped to supporting. Well yeah, so it goes both ways in that situation.
Speaker 3: But like you're talking about how it moves from top down, yeah, I mean it moves down. Yes, you need to read Oscar Wars by Michael Shulman, Right, I do. I do idea you would love, you would eat it up.
Speaker 2: But I guess my point is, like, if we can lift like for example, Viola Davis in doubt Great Supporting nomination one amazing scene sequence if you want to call it that, she becomes a superstar and then years later she gets to commit her own category and win Best Supporting Actress for Fences. You know what I mean. It's like, so, but you wouldn't have the superstar that is Viola Davis is what I'm saying with without the nomination making room for a nomination like that, and that's why it's important. You wouldn't have like, you know, Octavius Spencer, like as this like Marquee name. It's it's important to make room the supporting work because it actually opens up a door to interesting actors who are doing interesting work in these types of roles, who are crucial functionally to these movies. You need to run this business. But if I did run the business, they'd be like, oh, we can't do that because money. I'd be like, Okay, I think this is what I would do. If you're in more than seventy percent of a movie, a jury looks at it. For example, a lot of movies have ensembles that are in the whole movie. Think about Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf Right, It's an ensemble of four people. They're in the movie the whole time. You would look at the role of Honey, A jury would look at it. She's in more than seventy percent of the movie, and they could decide this is a supporting role because Elizabeth Taylor is the lead, and that I think would be fair. I'm not even saying if you're in more than seventy percent of the movie you must be considered a lead. I'm like, if that's the case, let's at least look at it so that this can hold some like fairness, because there needs to be something in place to achieve fairness, because the current system is not fair Yang Legend, take note, Hire Matt ninety. I think it's a pretty easy fix and a pretty reasonable say, and it doesn't even change things. Is afraid of Virgina for example? It's perfect too, Like, Okay, so she's in the movie, but it's it's Richard, right, But you can create new stars with Oscar nominations, so do that. I am very happy to see Clarence Macklin be number four for Best Supporting, but he should win, right, That's exact exactly. Slarence Macklin, for in Sing Sing should win that award, and because because Kiaran Colkin is there, who by the way, it's nothing against him. I think he's so talented and he's terrific in the movie as a lead. It's it's the system of it all, and that Clarence Macklin's performance is a supporting revelation definition of what should be highlight by that category. And he's in the four spot, you know what I mean? Like that is the category for the scenes stealing work. How much is Denzel in Gladiator too? I don't know, but I apparently he tears it up. Yeah, I hear he's having fun, Yeah, putting on these rings on the stress and going crazy. It was his line I saw Saturday Night. Yes, I think it would be better if it were all Muppets. You're so right. I don't know why I'm there. Like the way that it moves throughout thirty Rock in different characters comes in literally uppet, it's the Muppets, and I was like, this should have been the moment.
Speaker 3: It's like the moment in thirty Rock when you see the world through can size and he sees Liz walking around as a muppet.
Speaker 2: Literally, that's the entry shape. Like Belushi's behavior of the movie Muppet Assma even Chevy like where he's like like a cat and everything. Like, I just think the way the characters moved in and out and like they all just like popped in their little moments, like this is Muppets, and this movie would be more memorable if if they just committed to it. And maybe it was the fact that Jim Henson is there in the movie mentioning the Muppets, and I was like, oh, this should all be Muppets. Yeah, totally, like that scene where little Mama, Andrew bars Feldman gets too high. I'm like, this is a Muppets, this is the Muppet and he's given kind of like a muf I love him. He's giving kind of like a Muppet performance. I love and no, he's great, fantastic Andrew bars Feldman and no hard feelings. Oh he's so good. He's so good in that movie greatness movie too nol. Muppets should be an Anora Honora is one of the great movies of the year. You're gonna love it. I'm so hi, she's She's incredible. That's that. I saw myself on Scream When I saw her, well, oh yeah, I did like a Staten Island stripper. They're like, come on, let's go to the ATM. I was like, I I get her. She's a hog you guard character, Oh definitely, definitely. Oh wait, didn't she do did she did eighties cocaine? Why? Wait? No? She played Mike? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was like, well, we really went niche with this. No, people people loved it.
Speaker 3: I see Conclnes the brutal ass Nickel Boys is the first time I heard.
Speaker 2: It's really good hearing this. Oh, based of the book of course, Ellis Taylor tears it up. She's and she's she's listed as well. Well, this is an interesting year. Yeah, and then I went to the theater last night.
Speaker 3: You need to tell everyone about Gypsy, Audren So when you also saw Sunset Boulevard. I saw them at Boulevard, Yes, so across the street from Sunset Bulevard. Audra McDonald is in Gypsy. And I went to the third preview.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the tone that I took when I saw Sweeney Todd in previews and say, I'm going to give this all the benefit of the doubt. It was the third preview, and I've also heard this director in particular works a lot out in previews, because from what I saw, a lot needed to be worked out in previous and they worked it out with Sweeny Toddamy absolutely, I mean, and I think that that's kind of the thing with previews is you see, at least from a distance, like what's working, like things are in process. I get it. She is spectacular, she Audre McDonald. I happened to have like a seat where I was pretty close to her, and she kind of comes very forward and gives roses turn like right in the first row. It's the highest quality acting on Broadway. I would say, yeah it is, and it's her roses very interesting. It's almost like pathological. It's almost like she's playing Rose's mental illness more than we've ever seen because like because a lot of actors will love to play to the break. Yes, I feel like Bernadette is giving like seductive narcissists. Yes, Patty is giving like bombass, bombass bull of a woman. I don't take no for an answer. This like almost like it's born in her culture to take over. And then the despondency when she realizes she's gone too far does it just gives me like it's an attitude issue that goes out of control. Audra, in her quiet moments, you see her like processing and working out disappointments and make her angry, and then she leaps into action in a way that you know her brain is telling her, you'll die if you don't fix this, and it's thrilling to watch. You can't have a more special experience than watching her do roses turn. From an acting standpoint, hmm. Everyone that's wondering about how her voice is gonna fit the music, it really just depends how married you are to Patty Lapone and Bernadette's like, you know what I mean? And yeah, it depends how married you are to like a brassy belty Rose. If you're married to that, this is gonna feel weird to you because it's it's very audra, it's very legit sounding. It is mixed, you know what I mean. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess we're splitting in the culture as to what we want, which is some people might be married to the classic roses and then others might be like, maybe it is time for something new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how has you got to get a gimmick? Amazing? I love that song. It is a Act two of Gypsy really source Yeah, like Act one is good, but Act two of Gypsy is incredible. The gimmick ladies or it's always like my favorite part of Gypsy. Yeah, and besides like the big show stoppers, but you gotta get it get I'm just like, this is so fun. It's just a three it's three charm songs in one yep. Yeah, it's so good. And the costumes are great, like the perform the actresses are so good. It's just so crazy because across the street and Nicole is so different, so different, like doing this like avant garde abstract, like almost like multiple personality performances, like a disordered singing down. But now I think she made it really fucking tough her. And can I say my note my critique for Nicole what the moments that are played for comedy pushed pushed, No need to do the Vali girl voice. It doesn't need it. Yeah, you're putting too much sauce on it. I think they here's the thing, it's like Audra is so it's it's crazy because like you cannot deny the performance, the power of like Nicole's performance, like she is spellbinding and amazing, and her singing is out of control. It's almost like you've never heard the songs like this in an amazing way on the street. Audre sings the songs from Gypsy and Audre McDonald is one of the greatest singers alive. But the style of singing is so different from what people are accustomed to that you're also hearing those songs like Odra to Me and the bar is kind of whatever for Nicole. Well, now I think the bar is so high for Nicole because everyone's talking about it, and I think she made it really difficult for herself saying this stupid comment about the hat on Russell Brand's Instagram because in terms of Tony voting, No, that's alienating so many people. Well, the Tony voting block is only eight hundred people, so that's a community of people. So you really do need a community to rally around you, and I don't know that they rally around her after even an explained comment like that when they have other options, And the way that the comment was explained also could have gone better. In my opinion, here's what I'll say. I believe her when she says I'm just a religious person, but that's not really an excuse. I mean, like, I don't know, I don't know a lot of it's weird to me, but like it's a shame because I'm a huge fan of her performance, and I still do think everyone should go see this production, which I think is incredible.
Speaker 3: I want to go see a Manny Gonzales on Tuesdays because I hear she is incredible. It's a different take with the same production. Obviously she does every Tuesday. She does Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: Okay, we should, we should go.
Speaker 3: I would love to see her and I mean just I mean the direction of the show I think is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, you did enjoy it. I really enjoy it. It was amazing. That's my thing is it's like as it stands right now, like if you're picking between the two performances, like the one production is just way more memorable. But again, maybe Gypsy will get there. But I'm saying death becomes Her next month, and I'm I heard it's to die for.
Speaker 3: And we, of course, can we give respect to the name Megan Hilty obviously period, but the are yes one of our best.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I all I'm hearing is that they tear it up and the show is so fun. Oh my god, I love it. No. And also to say nothing of Michelle Williams, of of course, like when you see Michelle Williams the day after Beyonce on TV. Oh my god, yeah, wow, wow. I'll have to do something with Kelly. Absolutely have to play Lay It on Me for my parents. The music video la Lay It on Me, Death Becomes Her will be a gag. I mean, I mean that we've been asking for it as a cold but the great cast. I love Meghan healthy, Oh my god, love she was great on watching It Happens Live. Yeah, she's great. She's so fun. Watch Smash again, Watch Smash again. She even when the third graders, because the original third graders were writing Smash. Those third graders are now they're like they've grown up, they have kids. But when they were in third grade writing Smash, it didn't matter to Megan. She tore up no matter what the storyline was and always sang her tits off, of course, and she was dealing with Republican leads before anyone else. Kathy mcfuugh mcfuk were Jensen Mard.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just I just got to say. I got to meet her at the Tony's and it was I was gagged. She was my favorite part of Company, my favorite part of Company. I had to see company. She was fabulastic company. She was making my ass laugh.
Speaker 2: I love. I mean, like everything I've seen her do, I do love. I was super excited when I found out it was the two of them, because I was like, oh, that's really fun. They found people that are really gonna give it yes, yes, like like that would be so easy to like cast Stundy totally, but they found like some of the real girls. Here you go. Here's what I have. I have housewife. There's a whole ton of stuff happening with the house. Of course, let's do quickeats quickets. Team to Eat or Team Kyle. I'm gonna go Team to Read. Even though she's going through something. She's more fun to root for in this moment.
Speaker 3: Because Kyle, I don't know what to feel because she is not really she's being vague in the information when she was every right to be. I just I'm like, I don't know, well, my few things are on this like I I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I'm toom to Eat. Yeah, I think I have to be Team to Read because as much as I love Kyle, and I as much as I give her name when I order at Starbucks, something about dere eats I like on the verge, flying down the canyon smoking a cigarette. I'm like, this woman has no fucks to give, and therefore I believe she's gonna come and be honest, that's what you want to see on housewives, and you don't.
Speaker 3: It's not fun and not that it's for fun or entertainment, even it's a show, but it's like, and she's done a deeply personal painful thing, not painful, but.
Speaker 2: Just sensitive thing. It's not fun for someone to be cagey about something that. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I will also say, like when they were picking on her hat that she wore for this surreal party, I'm like, you guys know that she's one of the only ones that's like actually kind of doing the surreal assignment. Sure, y'all are dressed as woodland creatures, you' all being like goofy? Yeah, wait, you're talking about we're about retap. Yeah, her her thing that she wore to the surrealism. I thought it worked. I thought antlers didn't really make and why were they all in them? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're talking about like Dali surrealism, right, mac greet surreal margreet surreal, like wear an apple, put an apple on your face, you know, like do that. Yeah, some many people were ringing goofy and random.
Speaker 2: It was too goofy for me. No bows, I love I'd like bows. I likes the vibe, even though like whatever her like career history is is kind of weird and checkered. I don't know if it's checkered or not. My question is just like why it's like when she was like, I worked here and here and here and here and here and here, you and I don't know any companies. Usually when someone has worked at a lot of places, it means they've had to leave a lot of places. But I also don't want to take anything away from her because she's clearly a very dynamic, compelling, ironic person. I'm very I think this is the right vibe. And I don't really miss You're Crystal calling Minkow. Oh. I didn't even think about her. I don't think about any of the housewives that aren't on anymore. That's why whenever anyone's like, oh, we miss so and so, I'm like, we're gonna miss so and so. I'm like, you're not. Though the only exception is because maybe it's a full reboot, is is Ronnie, because then we'll talk about Ronnie's Roney is nothing. It is tough. I was rooting for them, we were all daring this whole fucking Aaron Aaron.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, girl, what are you doing to me? She's not even the pro she's not even the problem. But like the Rebecca Minco the prank quote unquote, I'm like, I hated the prank Duck's Ball. Yeah, I hated the prank.
Speaker 2: Aaron didn't even need to do the prank because I was like, you're one of the ones actually giving a storyline. Meanwhile, like so many of them are not, and they can't get me to care about Rakau. They can't get to care about recD. I dodn't even know the women from last season. Really, It's like, why are you suddenly doing raquel. It's like I don't know the girls that we have on the show already, right, I'm like, sorry, what is it? What is uba about? Again? Like what happened to the hot sauce? Like I would love to know what happened with the hot sauce?
Speaker 3: And I like the hot sauce Jessel I'm rooting for still in a way, Puvet makes it very tough. That is one of the lamest motherfuckers to ever be on television.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he I said that thing of like when straight men like negative lives, like the like thing of like, oh, I'm going to be annoying as a funny thing and eat on our therapy zoom. I would turn to my husband and say, you better close your mouth and put that snack away, right, now you're embarrassing so disrespect. You're embarrassing me while the cameras are on. Here's the thing. The reason why you're embarrassing me is because you are embarrassing yourself. Yes, and now I'm on this television show on therapy and you are not being funny and you think you will and it's humiliating. And his thing of like constantly minimizing her. I get that she's no saint, and like obviously like of course, of course their relationship was established as being very like the meanness to each other. It is like a fore play that they do. But it's like, dude, come on, come on now, I'm like, oh, you're you're just like a wanna be tech bro. She wouldn't want the daughter to be Taylor stuff, but he would want his daughter, his son to be like like you said it all and I'm like, you Jack op to the cyber truck or something like he literally he's like, I want a cyber truck. I'm like, this is this is our guy, not our guy, but I'm just this is the guy it's given cabinet appointment. Okay, so oh see, I thought Simpson won. The reason Simpson, you're the dumbest girl. Don't don't you ever call me your dumbest girl I met, I've ever fucking I ever fucking metal lies told sorry, Alexis, Sorry, you're a wonderful mother. I'm sure they're all wonderful mothers. Like these people they come on and I just wonder, like, what did Alexis think this was going to be? Like, what exactly did she think was gonna happen when she went fresh off getting together with the star of the show's like and like have no like contrition about it? Did you expect it to have like a future on the show? You're in, You're out defense against the Dark Arts, Katie, that was top I wanted to come back though, I do I want I want that as well. I think there's extrapolation there. I thought one of the lowest parts of the reunion was that I think it was Heather Debro who I do like brought up that years before that legal situation that I was like, this is like not relevant and feels pad so petty, And I think she she felt bad, how she feel bad? And then that's where she went over. I don't know that's part of the reason why she went over and then you know, and Tamra, I don't. I don't buy it needs to be a three times a week therapy for so many reasons. Potomac I am so on board with. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Someone stopping today in the street as I was getting into an uber she was like, old time your word.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, what's she gonna say? She goes, I just want to let you know I love Gizelle. That you wouldn't have changed my mind on it, And I said, but wait, she's fun again. I like her again.
Speaker 3: I was like, really, I'm gonna sorry, I need to start watching Potomac. So this, I never drew down to share a partial to share that like we had helped her change her mind on Gizelle, because if anyone knows the history of our podcast in Gizelle being very anti yes, now with the Robin digs out of picture, now that I think the producers and then I think Gizel might have been a little you know, scared buyer under her ass.
Speaker 2: Something happened. Now she is. I think she's very enjoyable. And I never thought I would say those words. I'm enjoying Gizelle. I'm in even enjoying Ashley like, I'm actually I'm actually enjoying the group as a whole. And I've also I think Wendy is so much better when she's not filming. She has to anxiously be on the defensive all the time. Miss Stacey is I have obsessed. She's She's here to stay. I said, I want Stacy in a confessional after every scene, even when she's not in. I want her reacting to every single thing that happens on the show. The boyfriend is, Oh, I love it, It's too good.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just can I just say, like, none of it is embarrassing, none of it like lowers any sort of thing I have.
Speaker 2: For Stacy, Like she is, I am well, I will follow her to the end of the year.
Speaker 3: I'm a Stacey's Sarah and are like, that is the most beautiful woman Sarah and I are she she she.
Speaker 2: Now takes the crown away from Lisa Barlow A. Lisa has not been doing it for me lately. I'm so sorry. Transitioning to salt Lake, Yeah, we are. We are sort of at an impasse, you and I with Bronwyn. I'm very pro Bronwin and I'm not to draw comparison to pubbots, like rich people being funny and quirky is like taking a plane and going to Vietnam to eat a bond me and I don't know if this is fair to like to drop parallel, but it's like you dress up in an inflabled dinosaur costume to go greeg your husband or you have I don't know, like tacky pe days and you have dog trds around the house. I'm like, something is off. You revealed what it really is about Broadway though for you one of the things. That's not the main reason.
Speaker 3: But she does trigger me and for lack of a better word, to this awful person that I knew growing up, and.
Speaker 2: It's because like this and the way she confronts is with this, I don't like that tone of voice. Yeah, fucking hate it. I will say. For me, my like of Bronwyn is because I do think that she's able to explain her perspective in a way that I've noticed some thing about the Salt Lake women. They often don't get it. They can't they can't explain their own point of view. They can't see the forest for their trees. Emotionally, like at lista ball of most of all. Yeah, and it's funny and it's great. I feel like Bronwin is the most grounded, and she's like, no, I know how I feel. My moral compass is what it is. You might not agree with it, but I'm going to eloquently and intelligently dress you down and get you together. No. And she's like the first like good, like on the spot, like conversational, like high EQ.
Speaker 3: Yes, sure, And then sometimes she lets things slip in a way that I'm like, WHOA, Well, she's like, have an I bogger loyalty. I sign in first class because I because it was my credit card, which.
Speaker 2: You know, I guess the first class of it all. I don't know, like when she's when she's backed into a corner in a real way, I think she kind of it's tough. Yeah, But I do think though, like if you take all of your friends on a private plane to your home for your anniversary with your husband, you do get to say to someone that they're being an asshole and it's fucked up when you paid for shit. I do think you get to say that. As a real housewife of Salt Lake City, I think she's within her rights now. Todd scares me though.
Speaker 3: Todd's and I think we're gonna see that marriage really kind of the hood of that pop up.
Speaker 2: But that's gerardy Ish as fuss. Yeah, but I think not in a legal way, in like a that's set up is giving me. I have not made up my mind on Bronwyn. I'm just and I see potential for Giselle. If I can get it, just can get me to like her. Anything's possible. So and Bromwin just seems very, very very interesting, and that's what the show thrives on. I think the fact that Heather is so pressed about Bronwin is because I think Heather Heather doesn't realize the audience can tell. Like Heather's trying to make it about like I am very protective of this group because we've been through a lot. Yes, And it's like, Okay, that might be true, but what you're protective of is the dynamic of the groups, yes, and your status and Bronwin makes the show better. But I don't know if in Heather's mind that's true, because I think Bronwyn brings a big personality and takes up a lot of space and when you're there. That's something I was thinking about like, I didn't even think about that with like Housewives. I was actually watching an interview with Bosima on Kelly Clarkson and Kelly was like, so, what's been your experience of being on Housewives? And Bozema goes, you know, it's not dissimilar to being in the boardroom. Uh huh. She was like, you're all sitting there and you're trying to work out a problem or a solution, and people are very convinced of themselves and you have to be able to broke her communications and conflict and resolve and everyone has different things that they want. She was like, I can liken it to that. And I was thinking about that, and I was like, you know, braun Win brings a new element to that boardroom, and you don't have a great set of minds on Salt Lake City. I think in a boardroom sense, I think you have a lot of people screaming, very convinced to themselves entertainment. But Ronin is just bringing a new element to the boardroom and Heather is uncomfortable with that.
Speaker 3: But she should get totally. She should get comfortable. Bron Win's here to say, I do kind of bristle a bit at like the vernacular who definitely makes the show better. I don't know if the vernacular she possesses, the vaca she possessed she does not have. But I think Bronwyn, I don't know if I agree with you yet that she makes the show better.
Speaker 2: Who makes the.
Speaker 3: Show objectively better? Talk about it, angiek, Angie katanaevis we this is a standic. This is a stand account for ANGIEK. You have shown vulnerability this season. You've also pulled the campiest stunts that loop all the way back around to them working the scroll is so stupid. You executed it so beautifully, and timing and the timing of it was so bad that it was good.
Speaker 2: It was brilliant. But I'm just saying, like it was so bad that it was good. You know, she when she does like can't be housewipe thinks like when she shows up and it's so clear she knows she's on camera for me with her with almost no one else, it's charming. The awareness works. Yes, it's like, well, Meredith, I actually was gonna want to talk to you about this. Meredith. I'm like, yes, Angie, wind up, it's so beautiful. Oh Lisa, you you are not a good friend to me, and I think it's shown Lisa. I'm speaking like, I'm just like you better be a housewife, Lauren. Matt's got an Andrew k Or. They gave me another shot and I go in there with just Angie k If. I go back in there years and years and years later for my third screens as ad SNL after You're gone, Oh my god, this I'm Matt Rogers and today I'll be doing Andreie cats nave us immedia and I just do her for five minutes of the media. Actually no, I say for fifteen. I refused. Lease, yeah, don't leave. You're doing it. She's like Edie Cale with it. Oh my god, we love you Andree so much. Can we come stay at your places? Hotlake? I got the invite. Oh I know, but I want to come to No. Can we both tell me, Angie there's room in that house. This is I don't think the honey.
Speaker 3: This is the segment where we take one minute to rail against something in culture, and we are going to do just that right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yes, I have something. I alluded to it earlier in the episode, and I just yeah, I'm ready to Okay, this is not rogers. Don't think so many time starts. Now, I don't think so, honey, that Sebastian Stan doesn't get to do an Actor's on actress for the Apprentice for Variety because no one would sit with him and talk about that movie crazy. He was quoted as saying that no actor would agree to sit down with him and talk about the Donald Trump biopic that he is in. That is so cowardly and stupid. I don't know if it's the publicists. I don't know if it's the actors themselves. Just sit down and talk with this man about his good work. And he's also in another movie called A Different Man, which was getting rave reviews. He apparently gives a terrific performance. Like this guy is a great actor. He takes himself seriously, Like, because you're what scared of blowback? Trump vhoters aren't watching the Variety Actors on Actors. I agree with you. I don't think so, honey. I'm just saying, Sebastian Stan, if I had a movie out there, I would sit down with you. You were going hot ones, you would do Actors on actors with Sebastian. I would do anything. Michael Fisher address you both. I love Sebastian Stan and I didn't like seeing him be disrespected because he shows up, you know, he looks like he does a great job and his stuff. He seems like a nice guy. I've we've heard that he's such a sweet, nice guy, and I think it was incredibly brave of him to do that movie. Yes, and someone should step up and not be a loser, and especially now, you would get a lot of credit for doing it. Of course, so because he called it out, Yeah, and I'm happy that he did. Yeah, me too, because because that is really important, because are you telling me that we're we're just now we're going to take what's happened and move forward in fear.
Speaker 3: No, no fucking way that implies the mandate and let him host desen l.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if do you think he would want to do that.
Speaker 3: I've heard that he wants to. Oh great, and I would love for him to do that. He would be fantastic. I mean for him and I Tanya. It's like he can do a fun voice, a fun accident, he can commit. He's my favorite actor. I'm on record on this podcast He's my favorite actor. Sebastian I watch you before I audition.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so beautiful and it works because she books one really quickly. Yes, okay, so this is Bowen Yang's I don't think so funny. On the Friends Giving episode of wats cluse, we hope you've all enjoyed and celebrating Thanksgiving with us. We hope you had a sanak and cocktail or not or not? Ah, this is bonetings. I don't think as many as time starts now, I don't think so many pejorative on theater kids at this point, it's like we get it, like it's fun to make fun of them, but also like what's the alternative? These people grow up and have no outlet.
Speaker 3: For their creativity, the innate creativity at all human beings have, and what they grew up to be a fucking like mass shooter, Like shut up, like stop it.
Speaker 2: Don't don't like stop this culture.
Speaker 3: Like, look, you got two theater kids in front of your well, I'm one of them, not you, Like I think you were late, but I count you do count.
Speaker 2: We booked you buff the I'm a late in life theater kid. This is this is the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, the alternative is bad okay, right, so like not too much on the theater kid, you know, put nonsense, like it's not even that Like I am annoyed that people are making fun of them.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, can't we do better as a culture. It's like the least original thing when people like five second one and I'm like, you don't really know me that well, I have sex and I play video games as well. Yeah that's one minute. He fucks he plays video games and he's a theater kid bowing, and I'm a dancer period, and he danced down in Wicked. The discourse online has gotten so bad that everyone's going to Blue Sky now, like this is gonna become garbage too, though this is either a social media platform becomes for like suburban people who don't really give a fuck about It's a funny little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's like it's like Facebook is for moms, we love moms, Instagram is for like as am all now, like like like social media always no, but it's not even for millennials. It just it's always every platform veers off into some yeah, crazy new identity that was has nothing that had nothing to do with what it originally was meant to do. Yeah, like the Facebook being for moms, it's like not nothing against moms. It was for cool college students. Yeah, and then it became something totally different, like it.
Speaker 2: Just will always fall off a cliff, and like podcasting is kind of not that it's a social media platform, but podcasting sort it's so funny and I'm like, god, like Matt and I are kind of like keeping an old school Oh, this is for sure an old school podcast. So weird. We gotta we gotta end the podcast. The chef is coming. We're having a chef cook us, our our our friend. I was gifted a shut a chef, so it's a lovely gift, you know, Happy friends giving everyone. This is our episode, Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I apologize on this episode. I'm a little nasal. I have little allergies, but we still are going to soldier on and end every episode with we love you so much. Holy quite an impression. Happy to beyone you want to? I was close. I don't miss it. If you are lucky enough to go see the Short and Sweet Tour internationally, go do it. It's the first song Sabina before Last. Culture Racis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Many Players in My Heart Radio podcasts. It's created and hosted by Matt Rodgers and Bowen Yank Executive produced by Ana Hasnier and Hans Sony, produced by Becker Ramos, editing mixed by Doug Bamimimi for board, and our music is by Henry Kmerski. Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rodgers, letting you know.
Speaker 1: Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album Have You Heard of Christmas, plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Matt rodgersofficial dot com to see me in a city near you