Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Taco Bell Trendolato I believe is how it's pronounced in Italy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm at this point. I'm at Italy is wearing off. I don't, I've lost power of my authentic accent. But I think it's helato.
Speaker 1: Helato and all right, so I mean we might as well kick off with this story. Anytime anything happens with I get notified.
Speaker 2: By ZE and sometimes we get shout out to the person who like tags both Jack and I on an Instagram DM for only Taco Bell things.
Speaker 1: I've gone through the history so consistently, You've got a little group going so immediate anytime. And it's not just like Taco Bell news. It's also a meme that a ball's Taco bell is going is going off. I know about that ship before you guys do f y Yeah, because of Zek, because of Ai. But anyways, full disclosure. You did travel to Italy like your stated purpose was trying to find a Baja Blast flavored gelato. Yes, you thought it must exist. It's just in the wild over there. I do, and I was wrong, and behold both low and behold. Yeah it came across the transbec here in the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Baja Blast in gelato form coming to Taco Bell. It's I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but hey, it's here apparently right now. You can only get in Irvine. So if you're in Orange County, hit up. There's apparently like the one Taco Bell in the country is an Irvine that has it, and they're gonna have it for like two weeks. But then they say that is just before they roll it out across the Yeah, I don't This is like the It's everything I needed it to be to become the most insufferable human on the planet.
Speaker 1: It's got the old country, it's got Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got Baja blatht ha's got Baha blaf. You can do your with your bah with your just you know, cue the music, please, Daniel. When I'm having a gelato just looking at the sunset, I can only yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: What do we think that? Uh? I just got real high there, like Jiminy glick. What do we think the content? What do we think the gelado's content is going to be?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because it's right.
Speaker 1: Is Baja Blast that caffeinated. I believe, so bah blah blast I mean, it's just the size of the bajas that I blast or is a large.
Speaker 2: Four and a half millies per ounce, so fifteen a twelve ounce has fifty four millies.
Speaker 1: So a normal mountain dew has seventy two per twenty ounce. And this bad boy's clocking in in eighties. So it's a little bit more. It's more sugar, it's more caloric, it's more caffeinated. They didn't name it lightly miles, They didn't. I know it's.
Speaker 2: Wild that I don't. I mean, I'm just caffeine insensitive, so I don't know why. I'm like, I barely perceived that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, damn no, it's they They said, we want to give you a rush on this one. We want you to feel feel the effervescence in your blood. We want you to feel the aquamarine entering your bloodstream.
Speaker 2: You know, that effervescence in your blood that's actually your arteries constricting.
Speaker 1: But I love the way that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just feel the black well, good for good for them?
Speaker 3: One more.
Speaker 1: I feel myself becoming uh Norm McDonald's impression of David Letterman as I age. That's to my personality to becoming.
Speaker 2: You're gonna start filing a just take a marker to make it like a fake gap in your front teeth, and like, just are you losing? He's like, yeah, I filed my teeth down to have that letterman gap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh yeah, uh. Let's talk about cars keeping tabs on us. This is a headline that went went off. You ever you ever get back to your car after doing a weird little fuck sesh and you feel like your car is judging you. It's not just your imagination. It's not just the fact that they give cars faces. You know, you know how cars have faces in the front the grill that has the two eyes for the lights and then like a little mouth.
Speaker 3: Sometimes are you wait, are you sundowning?
Speaker 1: What's happening? You don't feel like cars have faces? Am I? Oh sure? I mean like in the sense that the eyes of the front of the lights or the right and they do have Yeah, sometimes people give them a little eyelashes, yeah yeah, yeah, and must as they do seem like they're judging me for being a nasty little pervert. All yeah, am I alone? Everybody else feels that, right? No, I didn't know how to make sense of this headline, and I still don't quite understand it, but it's The headline is basically, cars are keeping tabs on your sex life. Yeah, Kia and Nissan were both named and shamed. Kia explicitly states it collects information about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, sex life, and political opinions, while Nissan's fine print reveals it's keeping tabs on your sexual activity now and then. They also are willing to sell that information. Eighty in the data mining business, eighty.
Speaker 3: Four percent of the companies are selling them.
Speaker 1: So then also they mean me.
Speaker 2: Six percent of them are saying we'll help the feds if they ask about it, just so you know we can. We can hand it right over to the FEDS if they come knocking and wondering what you've been doing in your little car, trying to subvert democracy or something.
Speaker 1: So here's my question. What feature of my car am I not taking advantage of that? It knows your fat would allow it to have information about my sex life.
Speaker 3: It knows based on the way you sit down on your seat.
Speaker 1: Is what it is.
Speaker 2: It's just like, man, wow, you are if you are favoring one side.
Speaker 1: What happened legs seem tired.
Speaker 3: I think no.
Speaker 2: Apparently the way they essentially that it's happening is that you know it because we're connecting it with like our apps and shit like that.
Speaker 3: It's all just all of.
Speaker 2: This information is being fed directly into it, so like you know, you're connect you have connected services in the app. In the car, you have an app that is like the car app that you've probably downloaded, which then is like essentially the gateway to your phone info. It's like that's like the sort of back door to it, and then it can get even more information from like other apps that you can use using like car play and shit like that that go hand in hand with again, like your movements. It'll be like, Wow, this motherfucker drives real quick when he comes back from that nondescript motel, like on the edge of town type of thing. So I think what they're saying is like they're probably just trying to cover all their bases because they're also saying they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Infer things based on this data and then sell that too.
Speaker 1: You need a trench coat and a pair of sunglasses and a Derby cap for your trips to the motel. Is that what they're going to figure it out?
Speaker 2: And if you like, if you have like you know, if you're like part of like a like your doctor's office is connected through an app and shit like that, yeah, it means it can potentially have access to that shit and package it all up and then you know, say this guy is dumb and horny and have high blood pressure and.
Speaker 1: There you uh, it's fine. So this is a study by Mozilla. So Firefox always a real one, you know, they're like from the start they were like, we're about privacy, and then they stopped being able to make like a good browser for a while there. I think, still, i haven't used Firefox in a long time, but.
Speaker 3: I'm back on it.
Speaker 1: So they did this study and then they're like, oh, you're surprised, you fucking idiot. Everything is spying on you constantly.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: It just comes as a shock. Mozilla says, it really shouldn't. When we're saying that cars are computers on wheels, what we mean is they're packed with all the cameras, microphones, and internet connectivity necessary to bag a whole bunch of your personal data. So yeah, we should. It's our fault for not recognizing that when they create a product with cameras that it would seem to know, it would seem like it makes sense for the product to have cameras to make it better at not killing us and other people. We should assume that those cameras and microphones are actually being used to U spy on us, to sell our information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's what it's all become. So you know, just buy, uh, buy like an old Honda, you know what I mean, and just try and just work it out.
Speaker 1: Those are less safe. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's just it's one of those things where too what you're where your only recourse too that they mentioned is you can sign this petition Mozilla's put together.
Speaker 1: It's like what or you can in every case except Tesla, you can be like, hey stop doing that, Hey quit it, and granted they'll probably like start doing it, Like I'm sure they'll be like, we've just updated after you told us to quit it, and you have to ask us again to quit it, or we will keep doing it. You can do that with everything. You can tell them to quit it on everything except Tesla, where it will like fucking break your cars.
Speaker 2: Because it says that it's only these two car brands like that are in Europe, like Renal and Dosia, that actually say that as a driver, you have the right to have your personal data deleted.
Speaker 3: Everyone else is like.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, we're not going to delete it. We'll just stop, We'll just knock it off, just like we'll we'll like have our hand lightly over our eyes with a big dumb smile on our face, but like that and that's cool with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But like that Patrick Stewart episode of Extras, I've already seen everything, so it's too late. I've already seen it all, so it's just too late. Wait where he's talking about how he like when he was playing Professor X. He's telling like Ricky Gervais's character, how he had like this new like concept he had for Professor X. He's like, I recommended this scene where I'm in the locker room and I make all the ladies clothes fall off and they're trying to put their clothes back on. But I've already seen everything. It's too late because that's what I use my power. And he's just like, what the fuck is this? And he's like every time he's like, or this other thing where I'm walking my dog in the park and my dog is going on the grass and then this police woman says, oh, no, you can't have your your dog on the grass. And then I make her clothes fall off and she's trying to over herself up.
Speaker 1: But it's too late.
Speaker 3: I've already seen everything just goes over and over. This concept. If it's too late, I've already seen everything.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. All right, let's uh, let's take so so it is too late. Your car has already seen everything, is what we're learning here.
Speaker 3: Or you can sign a petition where.
Speaker 1: You can move to Europe or Mexico, which might be a more attractive place to move. So, as we're about to explain, after these messages, and we're back, and we were just talking about that ABC jingle after these messages, we'll be right back, remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, moving on, Mexico's Supreme Court just decriminalized abortion. Yeah, ruled to federally decriminalize abortion on grounds that it is unconstitutional to do.
Speaker 2: Other Yes, it's wild. Can you imagine these words coming out of our Supreme Court? Because this is what the ruling was from the Supreme Court in Mexico that the quote criminalization of abortion constitutes an act of gender based violence and discrimination as it perpetuates the stereotype that women and people with the capacity to get pregnant can only freely exercise their sexuality to procreate and reinforces the gender role that imposes motherhood as a compulsory destiny.
Speaker 3: Damn son, where'd you find that?
Speaker 1: Take fucking bars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Supreme fucking hot fire.
Speaker 1: True fire. And this is of course coming at a time when the US is moving in the other direction. When Roe was overturned, a lot of Americans were forced to travel to Mexico for abortions. So, yeah, we're going to start seeing you know, a lot of lines at the border going the other way.
Speaker 2: They said, there was a one in one of the border towns. They said, like in the spring they went from a court order of their patients being from America and then to half like a few months later. So it's been trending upward. But yeah, it's it's like also just it's just interesting too. There's a an analysis that I was done like maybe like last year about like backsliding democracies, and you know the perspective here, they say we do curbs. Curbs on women's rights tend to accelerate in backsliding democracies, a category that includes the United States, According to virtually every independent metric and watchdog. In more degraded democracies, the effect is more extreme. Around the globe, the rise of right wing populism has been followed by extraordinary reductions in women's rights. So yeah, we're on it that. I don't know, honest, that's just like their opinion.
Speaker 1: That's just like their opinion, man. But yeah, I mean, like their opinion. Man, I'm sorry you called me my honor. But then they said, and all right, whatever, no further answers, no further answers, your honor. Just a real quick rip to Danny Masterson as in rotten prison asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, holy shit, thirty years.
Speaker 2: Thirty years in pro life for multiple rapes. Yeah at thirty years, I think many thirty years to life baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So well, uh that was a I mean, man, that case went on I feel like a while. That started when like six years ago. I feel like in twenty seventeen, yeah, or eighteen was going.
Speaker 1: To have a giant or not giant, but giant seeming religious organization covering.
Speaker 2: That's wow, euphemistic description religious org Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tax entity tax entittis creature religion based tax entity. Yeah, exactly, all right, Uh, the fallon, the fallon of it all, Miles, what about the fallon of it all? Though? There's a new article in Rolling Stone that that basically like we've been here in that Jimmy fallons, like not the most stable of individuals might have issues with booze. You know, We've I've been there. Man, it's not easy, totally awful to have issues with the booze. But this article, yeah, he seems very difficult to work for, and yeah, the whole institution seems like a true fucking nightmare.
Speaker 2: It's a weird article because it's like, sounds like a bad place to work with, like very sort of non specific allegations, Like it sounds like he's erratic, he has mood swings, he goes off on people. But it feels like there's a lot more to it than like what even we're getting from this article, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, So a quote from the article, Rolling Stone contacted more than fifty to Night Show employees past and present during the reporting for this story. After reaching out to representatives for Fallon and NBC, Rolling Stone reached out to an additional thirty current former staffers. While many of them praised Fallon's immense talent and comedic gifts, not a single one agreed to speak on the record or had positive things to say about working on the Tonight Show. Nor would any of the program's nine show runners since twenty fourteen comment about the program's namesake on the record. They wouldn't even give statements of support, as is common in the entertainment industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they're pulling up the ladders like that, they're like, oh, I don't know him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, sure.
Speaker 3: Nine showrunners in nine years, I think also says a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also we're in a new environment. Maybe they recognize that it's a bad look to side with the boss over the workers, especially during a strike, right when he was like on Maine being unsupportive. But then there's the NBC statement. Representatives for Fallon would not comment on the record for this story. In a statement, a spokesperson for NBC defended the program, but notably did not mention Fallon himself. We are incredibly proud of the Tonight Show and providing a respectful working environment as a top priority. As in any workplace. We have had employees raise issues, those have been investigated, and action has been taken where appropriate. But it sounds like a yeah. I mean, it's like there's weird HR shit where like people are like, this is a really hostile, unhealthy place to work, and then HR is like forwarding those complaints to the showrunner and talking shit in the email forwarding it. So it's not like, you know, an isolated thing, it's just a seems like a real toxic, shitty environment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why I'm like that seemed like it could be just sort of this generational change in production culture too, where they're like, yeah, we don't fucking do that anymore or stand for this kind of shit anymore. I hope that it's not worse than this, just for the sake of the people involved, and it's just having to deal with a just like ego driven prick.
Speaker 3: As the host.
Speaker 2: But there's also like this other story about how like Jerry Seinfeld made him apologize to a Q card because during like one of the episodes, he just went off on one of the people, like the stage hands, I was like, you know, like running the Q cards, and I got to a point where it's it was very awkward quote and Jerry was like, you should apologize to him, almost trying to make it a joke. It was one of the strangest moments ever, and so many people were there, so it's kind of hard to forget.
Speaker 1: And it did not think Seinfeld came. So there's an update to the story where Seinfeld came and was like, what are you talking about? It was normal, we were just having a laugh. I always the best. I meant it in a funny way. He's not a bad guy. Yeah, so no surprise Seinfeld sided with Jimmy. But I don't know. The specifics that we get are like people saying he seemed like he was drunk at work a few times too, a lot of times that he's this these two paragraphs. According to most employees spoked Rolling Stone, it's common knowledge behind the scenes that found temperament, mood, and treatment of staffers is erratic. These employees say they've witnessed foulon snap at crew members express irritation over the smallest of things and brate and belittle staffers out of frustration. It was like if Jimmy is in a bad mood, everyone's day is fucked. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that feels like yeah, like that house you go to as a kid or like one of the parents is kind.
Speaker 3: Of a mess, Like yeah, let's not get outside today, and you're like, oh shit, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: People wouldn't joke around in the office, and they wouldn't stand around and talk to each other. It was very much like focus on whatever it is that you have to do because Jimmy's in a bad mood and if he sees that, he might fly off. Like it's just like yeah, having to like exist in a workplace like that or yeah, like you said, in like a home life like that, Like it just sounds like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're one person kind of dictates the entire energetic flow of like a of a physical space is like yeah, yeah, well uh, and it sucks to have to be like have fucking Jimmy fallon go off on you.
Speaker 3: I've been like listen here, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You know, Like yeah, he's like he like the stuff he says is just really he's like, is there something wrong with you? Like one of all the descriptions is like he keeps like concerned everything's and if there's something wrong with them, because he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just worried about their joke. I'm just worried about you. Are you okay? Are you good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's fuck that fuck out my face? All right, so cool guy, All right. Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye bye,