Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Made it to a Friday, Dan and the Dan and Stan Patrick Show. I'm not in the main man Cave. I'm in the main man Cave, but not in the main without the e man Cave and the recipe. The menu today certainly bears that out. Fritzy probably not going to be happy with all of this burger and waffle fries. That's it. As Tyler said, he didn't want to waste a good meat Friday on just the Dan Etts if I wasn't going to be in studio. So that's who has it better than we do. No money, buddy, this is fun.
Speaker 3: We're calling it the Winter Burger Festival. Burgers and beers outside in the cold.
Speaker 2: Burgers and waffle fries on the menu. Here for a meat Friday, all right, Come on in, stay a while. We'll talk to Jason Garrett, former Cowboys head coach David Carr, NFL network analyst Mike Florio. We'll stop by as well. Operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls throughout the morning. Eight seven to seven, three DP show Three Days of Football Straight Ahead, starting with Saturday games Sunday, games Monday, Monday night National Title game. So we'll try to dissect all of these over the next three hours. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC and at MAKO they're trying to bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get a free estimate today, Oh better get make up play the day, poll question stat of the Day, all of that forthcoming. The point spreads as of this morning according to DraftKings, I've got the Texans getting eight and a half, the Commanders getting eight and a half, the Rams are getting six, and the Bills at home are getting one and a half. Fritzi, It's Friday, Fritzi. He's got a few pole question suggestions seat and will also fill in some of the gray area there with some of his own. Well, recap the big basketball game last night. You probably didn't watch it, but the Oklahoma City Thunder now thirty four and six. They rough up the Cavaliers as they win by twenty and trying to make somebody a star in a city that doesn't make stars or a game that probably doesn't bear itself out and highlights on the mothership. That's Shay gilgis Alexander. You'd have to work on the name, the game and the fact that he's in Oklahoma City. But I think all signs are leading to him being the MVP this year. Might be a little MVP voter fatigue with the Joker, but Shay Gilgiss is averaging over thirty a game. He had over forty last night against the Cavaliers. We'll talk about that coming up. And he was second. He finished runner up to Joker last year, so it's not going to be a big surprise, but we'll talk about that. You're trying or it feels like there's analysts trying to let you know, watch him play. It's just he's not a highlight machine. He's just extremely economically great. It just he goes out there and he'll give you forty points. I think he's done that six times so far this season. Alrighty Todd, I'm gonna start with you. You have a few Friday Fritzy Poll questions.
Speaker 4: Texans aside, if the Lions reached the Super Bowl, who should they want to play? It would be the Bills, Chiefs or Ravens. Who should the Lions want to play? If they're fortunate enough to reach the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I think it's weird to say the obvious answer would be the Kansas City Chiefs because they feel vulnerable at fifteen and two. I want no part of Patrick Mahomes in a big game. I don't I don't been down that road too many times. No, not gonna do it. You can give me Lamar Jackson maybe one of the greatest seasons ever by a quarterback, and Josh Allen is probably going to be the runner up to him for MVP. I'll take my chances because those guys haven't been in this situation before. It's the same thing with Tom Brady. I don't know how many years he wasn't the best quarterback in the league. But if you said you got to win one game, or you had a game winning drive and you gave him the football or anybody else, you said, I'll take him. And that's what Mahomes is. Mahomes is not a stat machine. He hasn't been. They've changed the whole complexion of this team. It's a defensive team. They do run the football. Travis Kelcey has regressed a little bit the last couple of years. During the regular season. He's another guy where you go, man, I don't know. It seems to be slowing down a little bit, and it'll be like seven catches for ninety yards and with Mahomes somehow, some way, you can't game plan for third and fifteen and he gets out of the pocket dances down the sidelines for sixteen. So I would say, I'll take my chances with Buffalo or the Texans or the Baltimore Ravens, anybody taking Kansas City that the Lions would want to face old Ud.
Speaker 5: Okay, it'll be extra special to keep them from the three peats.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: The Chiefs, to me, I.
Speaker 4: Understand your point, which are all valid, are a little less scary than Lamar and Josh and those two teams.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if I said the Broncos were in the AFC title, gay and you could face the Ravens, Bills are Chiefs? Who were you taking?
Speaker 4: Based on what happened in the regular season, they got destroyed forty one to ten against the Ravens. The Bills just destroyed the Broncos. Denver almost beat the Chiefs in Kansas City on a block field goal, and then they let them beat them thirty eight to nothing. I'm gonna say, I would take the Chiefs. They know us, but we know them. We played them twice a year, and I just think the Chiefs are ripe for the taking, as if Bills and Ravens scamming more than the Chiefs, even with all the experience in my home seat.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we us let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like the Chiefs are actually the last team that I want I would want to face, and probably for all of the reasons you just mentioned, actually owing for the three p they're completely unpredictable. I feel like you can game plan for a lot of different things, but you really can't game plan for that. You know, fourth and seventeen, you've got Patrick Mahomes exactly where you want to be scrambling, he jumps out of bounds and somehow throws a thirty seven yard dart to a wide open Kelsey, and this year, like, what the hell, we just had him sacked, We just had them on fourth down. You know, you can't really game plan for that.
Speaker 2: But you would also look at that game planning that Josh Allen is capable of those crazy plays and Lamar Jackson capable of those plays. I've just seen it. When the game is on the line and it's time to pucker and Mahomes is awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, those guys are all capable of those things, but Patrick Mahomes does them regularly and right those other two quarterbacks they have more of a history of.
Speaker 2: Puckering.
Speaker 6: As you'd say that, they just makes them less scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paulie, I'm with you. I want no part of the Chiefs. The Chiefs have been right for the taking for straight years. It seems like every week they're down, every game they're down. How many playoff games have they been down? If I were a Lions fan going into the fourth quart of the Super Bowl up two touchdowns on the Chiefs, I'd be like, oh no, oh my.
Speaker 2: It would never be caught it. He's got us just where he wants to, right, you know, never comfortable. Dang it, dang it. We're only up two touchdowns going into the fourth quarter. But the Ravens in Buffalo and the Ravens favored on the road by one and a half. You know, you start to look at these and I always go, what's Vegas want me to do? Is Vegas saying, you know what, you got to take the bills they're getting one and a half at home. That's what they're saying to you. And then you look at these numbers with the Commanders and the Lions eight and a half, Texans Chiefs eight and a half, it feels and this isn't fair to the Texans. I'll say that up front, like the Commanders are capable, might be more capable of beating the Lions in Detroit than the Texans beating the Chiefs in Kansas City. And maybe that's you know, just the perception of or the lack of respect. The Texans get but eight and a half for both of these teams on the road, and then the Rams and the Eagles six point game. And I started to look at some of the prop bets. Here. If I said over under rushing yards Saquon Barkley against the Rams, Marvin, you got a guess here, seventy five and a half, all right, Seaton eighty two, Paul eighty nine and a half.
Speaker 4: Todd, I'm going to say ninety four and a half.
Speaker 2: One twelve and a half. That's aggressive, no respect. That surprised me a little bit there, Yeah, yeah, uh. They expect Josh Allen to have more passing yards than Lamar Jackson. How about Derrick Henry over under rushing yards Ravens Bills, Paul ninety six and a half, Marvin.
Speaker 6: Eighty eight, Todd ninety and a half, Seaton two hundred and twenty seven and one half.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven and a half. PAULI had ninety six and a half. Yes, Patrick Mahomes passing yards against the Texans, Paul kind of low.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go to twenty nine and a half, alright, Marvin.
Speaker 5: Two forty eight and a half.
Speaker 4: Todd, Well, I kind of split the difference there to thirty seven and a half between those two guns.
Speaker 2: All right, Seaton, no connor, I'm gonna this is a bad guess.
Speaker 6: But to twenty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Two twenty seven and a half is c J. Stroud's over.
Speaker 5: Gotta give him love for that.
Speaker 2: Patrick Mahomes is two fifty and half. Just some of the random things here. Yeah, they got Josh Allen two forty eight and a half, Lamar Jackson to twenty four and a half. But and Poukinakua they expect him to have a really good game over under his eighty eight and a half yards in that matchup. All right? Eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, twitter handle at DP show once again David Carr from NFL Network. A little later on, we have the most must win game of the weekend. Got her play of the day coming up. Kind of a quiet last couple of days with the coaching moves. Aaron Rodgers talks about talking to the Jets, but Vegas has a new team, a new place that Aaron Rodgers, if he decides to play next year, that that would be the place that he would be going to. Paulie, I'll start with you. Vegas thinks that if Aaron Rodgers plays again, you know what, let me play. Aaron Rodgers on McAfee's show talking with the Jets.
Speaker 7: I gave some constructive things.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: It's there's so much that goes into the whole thing. There's there's the food far, there's the locker room, there's travel, there's hotel stuff, there's different you know, you're just giving a little constructive things here and there that maybe they take the heart, maybe they don't. I think everybody understands that it's going to come down to a GM and a coach and myself, uh, and whether we all want to do a dance together, or if it's it's not in the cards, Okay.
Speaker 2: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, down down tonight. Figured that be right?
Speaker 5: Set me up so lovely, even though you didn't mean to.
Speaker 2: Do you know who saying sings that? Not? Sure casey?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: Do you do you want?
Speaker 5: That's not them?
Speaker 2: It's not them, that's the Bay City Saturday. Wow. Come on, let's go.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on? How can I fail that.
Speaker 2: The money, ask questions? Don't mail it in just because it's Friday. Let's go. I got to pick it up every day. Is the super Bowl all right?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 2: It is Vegas is the place that Vegas thinks that Aaron Rodgers is going to go. Yeah, the Raiders are the favorites for Aaron Rodgers. And uh I was a little bit surprised that, well we brought this up here. Can you get him to come in as your bridge quarterback? Would Tom Brady entertain that as the new owner of the Raiders? Man, unless I thought my team could be good and and and compete, you know, I mean, you're in a division where the Broncos, Chargers and Chiefs all made the playoffs. So is Aaron Rodgers going to help help me with anything other than attendance. And you're already a tourist attraction. Now you don't have a home field advantage. But do I want Aaron Rodgers or do I bring in somebody else and go, can I get through this next season and then maybe we start to build this into a champion again? Yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: Lifestyle wise, it makes a ton of sense for Aaron Rodgers. He could live out by pow Rump or Area fifty one or what do they get a double white out there would a satellite dish.
Speaker 2: He'd be perfect lifestyle wise. Okay, anybody else have thought?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I thought maybe Pittsburgh, but he just doesn't fit in with what Pittsburgh's whole philosophy is. I can't see that happening. I mean, Russ didn't really fit in. I mean he tried, but I just can't imagine Aaron being on McAfee talking about whatever he's talking about and then all of a sudden, Mike Tomlin's got to go to the press conference, say hey said the following on Pat McAfee. That feels like that would get really old really quick for Tomlin. Yes, I think it's got to be someplace that we don't expect. They were like, hey, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's gonna be one of those Wow, that makes a lot of sense places at all, Like it's gonna be like New Orleans or something where you're like, Okay, yeah I could. It's out of nowhere. Him and DeVante Adams and two more of his buddies are going to be like, why don't we just go all land at the Saints?
Speaker 2: Right now feels like it'll be Tennessee or the Raiders if I was guessing. I have no information on that other than just what I could see. Maybe one year with the Raiders, but they're just not ready to win, So why do I want to do that? Why do I want to spend that money? It almost feels like you take a step back before you take two steps forward. And it doesn't mean he can't play a high I mean his numbers were really good with the Jets, where that's where stats are deceiving, where you go, man, all right, not bad. The thing that I would want to look at is his fourth quarter numbers, because that's the quarterback I want, That's what I need. These games are all decided by seven points or less. What did your quarterback do when the game was on the line, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 4: Along with your thoughts on the Titans in a winnable AFC South, Would.
Speaker 2: The Colts take a shot with him for a year?
Speaker 4: They were in the playoff picture up until towards the very end there Week sixteen.
Speaker 5: Week seventeen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely. I mean they do have talent there and probably had enough talent to win that division. They just didn't get consistent quarterback play. And Anthony Richardson's not ready, not ready yet, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 10: And for the Colts, that's on brand for them. They brought in what Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan. They'll try their hand that another veteran quarterback?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 8: Blue?
Speaker 2: Bloop bloop blue. We'll take a break when we come back. Yes, Joe Flacco coming back again?
Speaker 6: Checking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so he might be coming back? Who knows? Sure? Why not? Yes?
Speaker 9: Mark?
Speaker 10: Can he win a comeback Player of the Year twice?
Speaker 2: Not back to back?
Speaker 3: I think Chad Pennington is a two time comeback Player of the Year winner. But you can't come back twice because if you came back, you have to revert back to badness, I think.
Speaker 2: But could something bad happen during that next season that you came back from and then you won come back player, come back, back, back back actually yeah, Player of the Year. Yeah, Steve Stricker, I think won Comeback Player of the Year twice on the PGA Tour. I think when we come back a little bit later on this first down, we'll bring back a portion of the interview I did with Bob Yuker. That was the last time that we had him on the show, passing away at the age of ninety. We'll take a break just getting started. Phone calls, we'll get to those as well. Settle on our poll question. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Video dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich?
Speaker 12: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 8: Going on in the world.
Speaker 11: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 12: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 8: I mean that says something, right. So check us out.
Speaker 11: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe.
Speaker 8: The most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 11: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social.
Speaker 8: Media that's Vino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Late in the show yesterday, we found out that Bob Uker had passed away mister Baseball. He was also mister Belvedere and famous for those Miller like commercials as well. He was wonderful. He was fun to be around. He always made you laugh, and I had an opportunity later in his life to be able to text with him on occasion, whenever something happened with the Brewers or in the off season when he was back in Arizona. I would just text to check on him. And we wanted to bring back just a portion of the last interview that we did. This is back in June of twenty twenty, and here he is, the great Bob Buker. Hi, Bob, how are.
Speaker 13: You, Daniel Son? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing okay. No pressure on you, other than I wanted to have some fun with baseball and there hasn't been anything fun with baseball as of late. So how are you doing. How's your morale?
Speaker 13: I'm doing okay. I'm glad. We're going back to work and it'll be my sixty to fiftyear overall in baseball, you know, as a player, if you want to say that, And of course calling the games here in Milwaukee, I worked a couple of I worked a couple of seasons with the Braves with Milo Hamilton and Ernie Johnson before Bud brought me back to Bud Saaley brought me back to Milwaukee. But other than that, I'm hanging around and I'm waiting to go back to work.
Speaker 2: I just saw where your official batting average in your career was one ninety nine to seven.
Speaker 13: I I you know that. I couldn't. A lot of my sponsors would be upset if they dropped below two hundred, because at that time it tied me with another sports great averaging two hundred better for a ten year period, and that was Hall of Fame Bower. Don Carter blow that off.
Speaker 2: But were you the mendozaligned before the mendoz A line.
Speaker 13: Bob, Well, yeah, but she's got a job in baseball now. I think she works for the Mets, doesn't she.
Speaker 2: That's that's a different Mendoza. Oh okay, and tell me if this is right. Did you get traded? Did your baseball career get extended because you were a good clubhouse guy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean laundry has got to be done. There's I mean for a couple of extra bucks a month I was making, I was making below the minimum, you know that, and selling other players equipment got me a couple of months doing laundry. There's a lot of things that you can do without playing. I actually thought it was an infringement when they asked me to play a game.
Speaker 2: But I thought you got traded to the Cardinals because you were going to back up McCarver and you might have had a better arm, but they liked your personality well.
Speaker 13: And I think arm wise, I had one on each side, which wasn't that time. But yeah, to back up Timmy, who's remained a great friend. And yeah, of course, you know, we went a World Series that year when I got traded to Saint Louis, and I'm not I'm not gonna say anything. They didn't win one before when I got there. They something had to be working, right.
Speaker 2: He was eighty six at that time. He died at ninety, but eighty six sharp, even the Jessica Mendoza who worked for ESPN instead of the Mario Mendoza. The Mendoza line. But you know he would, he would, I think love it if we were smiling about this. I mean there's sadness there, but that's a full life. You're ninety. And he made people laugh, and he made people laugh in such an easy, routine, almost normal kind of conversational tone. It was in a big wind up. You never had to set him up for anything. He just seemed to have that ability to just he could laugh at himself. But I still go back to my favorite Bob Yucker line when he was asked, you know, how difficult is it to catch a knuckleball? He said, It's really easy, you just wait till it stops rolling. It just kind of epitomized that self deprecating as a catcher, but also had that fun you could always hear it in his voice. Yes, Marvin and.
Speaker 10: Bob Uker was so great. So the first time I saw him was the movie Major League. I thought he was like an actual comic. I had no idea about his play by play or his baseball background. I didn'ven realized he was a real baseball guy. I just thought he was a comic that was the play by play guy in this movie.
Speaker 2: Just a bit outside.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I have the same experience as Marvin, but it was from the sitcom that he did. I forget what belvitere? Oh is he mister belvide I knew him from mister Belvidere. I thought he was an actor, and then you see him in Major League or whatever, and they're like, oh my gosh, now he's doing play by play. That's crazy. I had it all backwards, just based on the reference point.
Speaker 2: Well, he would be on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, and he was on probably sixty times, but he just he was there and he made Johnny laugh. And you know a lot of times comedians don't laugh at other comedians now and here's Johnny who had Bob on and he knew that he was going to crack him up. And Bob used that platform. You know, he got the miller like commercial must be in the front row. And that's the first thing I thought of, is wherever he is. I hope he's in the front row.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paulie, I just found an interview and yes, he was on Johnny Carson's show sixty two times, which that's a captive audience. Back in the seventies and eighties to become famous, there was an envy with Johnny Carson, and he talked about some of his favorite guests and he compared Bob Ucker to Rodney Dangerfield. Just set him up and let him go. It's the best kind of guest for a TV show.
Speaker 2: Also, much humor without language, like he's not offending anybody, he doesn't have to go blue. He just had an ability to just have something that just made you laugh. Whether it was a snicker, whether it was a belly laugh that he had that ability and passing away at the age of ninety. Buddha in San Francisco. Hi, Buddha, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: No, buddy, Happy to meet Friday Boys. Let's go proceed Group VP, real quick rip Bob Ucker to you guys's point, absolute legend and Marvin is right. Major League is up there as one of the best sports movies of all time, so many great one liners, and still holds up to this day. And Dan, you asked why some of us have Chiefs fatigue. I mean, Marvin and I have a great reason. We've lost to them a couple of times in this Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Not good, good, Thank you, Buddha. Have a great weekend. I watched basketball last night because two of my favorite teams, Cleveland and Oklahoma City, they squared off and Oka see one by twenty Shay gilgis Alexander Junior the third. He is having another great season. Now. Oh, by the way, the Joker is averaging a triple double. I think he's averaging thirty one, like twelve and ten and it's an Oh by the way, we've just gotten to that point where oh yeah, those are nice numbers there. You know, the take it for granted, triple double with a big man averaging tennisist per game. But Shay Gilgis he is averaging over thirty a game. And I'm curious. This would be the third consecutive season averaging at least thirty points. So I was curious how many players have averaged at least thirty for three consecutive years. Bob McAdoo did it, and that was back in the seventies. That was with the Buffalo Braves. James Harden has done it. Kareem Abdul Jabbar did it. Michael Jordan did it six consecutive years. Oscar he did it from sixty three to sixty seven, so I think four years in there. Wilt is in there. But you know, you can take him off the board because it's just different with him, because he was averaging thirty seven, thirty eight, fifty forty four, thirty six, thirty four, thirty five, thirty seven, thirty five. I mean, you know, just like, wait a minute, what's going on here? Jordan from eighty six to ninety two, he went thirty seven, thirty five, thirty two, thirty three, thirty one, thirty and thirty two, thirty two and a half, and you're scoring thirty. You're not shooting threes back then. Now Shay gilgis is now shooting threes at least not known like it's just if you have to watch a game. And this is what I would say to all these MVP voters. Make sure you're watching games, because if you're watching highlights, you're gonna come away and go, all right, what's the big deal. It's a mid range jumper. You know you have I think Anthony Edwards just came out and said, Shay Gilgess Alexander is unstoppable. It's rare when you have somebody say that about somebody else and say they're unstoppable. You know, there are players that I think are You can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them. But and he might be one of those guys. It's just he's not going to make the highlights. He's not and I don't know if that prevents him from winning the MVP. We love style points, we love something that go. Yeah, and I voted for him, like you don't, you know, you vote for the guy and you're like, really that guy? And there was a late push last year by analyst at ESPN. They thought, you know, even Barkley did that. Shay Gilgis, I guess should have been the MVP. And I don't have any problems with that. I mean, he was a really good player for a team that had a good record. Now with this record, it's really hard to ignore that. And maybe he wins an MVP. There's a couple of things that have worked against him. I said, he's in Oklahoma City. You have to find their games. They're not probably prominent. Like if you said to any of these networks, hey, do you want to have the Lakers on or OKC? I'm going to have the Lakers on. Plus he was in Los Angeles, but he was with the Clippers. Plus he was that guy that was kind of traded thrown in, Hey we want to get Paul George, Well we can give up this guy. Shay gilgis Alexander. I think he needs a nickname. I think he needs one of those that, you know, joke, Greek freak. I think those things could help a little bit. Yes, Marvin, yeah, he.
Speaker 10: Has SGA, but Paul just pointed out it's just an abbreviation. Would you club Shah is taken already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I get you know, I would get mixed up with Sizza s z a good jumper. Yeah, so I might be thinking Sga as z a, yes, PAULI. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Calling him Sga puts a spotlight on how hard his name is to say day to day, and that's one of the reasons he's not easily consumable. Even watching his game last night, if you're describing as game, it's like he kind of meanders around the court, finds a spot, just pops the jumper.
Speaker 2: That's it. All day. He makes it look easy and it's not, obviously, but there's a there's a Kawhi Leonard feel to him that he's not in a hurry. He's not slow, he's not fast. He has his own tempo, his own pace. When Kawhi Leonard used to play and play at a high level, I see that with Shay Gilgers. Now. I don't know if he's an on ball defender. You know, Kawhi was a really good two way player. But I'm watching and will continue to watch, and they don't even have Cheded Holmgren back. And once you get him, I mean, then they look like the team to beat they certainly do, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 10: And the thing is, they've been trying to make him a star. He was in the skims, the Kim Kardashian line, he posed in his you know own nearly nude. Well, he had the what a Girl Wants commercial with the check. So they've been trying, like there's been a concerted effort to make this guy a star.
Speaker 3: Commercial did him no favors? Now, that wasn't good. I'm not blaming him, I'm blaming them. Yeah that was where you go?
Speaker 2: Mm man, I don't know. I don't know, but they're trying. At least they tried. I just don't know if he's ever going to get you know, like DeMar DeRozan, he's a really good player, he's just not exciting. So when you say on Demorto Rosen's average in twenty seven, you go, I can't I can't remember one basket. And once again, that's not fair. I remember Adrian Dantley. If you're old enough to remember Adrian Dantley, he would give you thirty, but you don't remember any of his points and be like, okay, ad Marcaguire, hey man, that guy can score Alex English. You're like a guy I can score. Meanwhile, Alex English and Dominique Wilkins could average the same number of points. I would remember Dominique's I didn't remember Alex English's, but he was just that kind of methodical mid range jumper. It's like Durant has become a star, but he had to win to become a star, and I think that was the important thing. You know, Adrian Dantley didn't win, Alex English didn't win. If you win titles, then all of a sudden we look at you differently, and maybe that would change with shape guilty of Alexander, yes, PAULI.
Speaker 3: And if you look at Kevin Durant, he may not necessarily have above the rim highlights, but when you watch him play since day one, it's it's like a guy that tall shouldn't have those kind of handles, a guy that tall shouldn't be able to do everything all over the court.
Speaker 2: He's freakish in that way, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like when I was maybe a teenager, guys like Michael red Alley Houston great scores, but they weren't on Sports Center when you were doing highlights. Guys like stro Miles Swift and Kenyan Martin. Those guys were all over sports and there they were more famous than those guys that were averaging twenty five at night.
Speaker 2: Well that's when we thought if you could dunk that, you know, then you made the highlights or oh did you see that highlight? And then be like that is only two points of the game. Stro Miles Swift l issue. I believe, yes, seton.
Speaker 6: Kevin Durant doesn't need highlights because his whole being is like he just comes with the word unstoppable, and it's more like if he wanted to, he would score every time time down the court. And sometimes you're like, why don't you just do that? Why don't you just do that? But his whole being is a highlight because you can't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: What is Kevin Durant's career high like kid, probably mid fifties, maybe Keith Once again, I don't think you can guard him. True, I truly think if he came down and you let him put up forty five shots, he's he's gonna be over fifty percent. He's gonna give you sixty points.
Speaker 3: Yes, PAULI, We're gonna play the Kevin Durant career high points game.
Speaker 2: Quickly. Let me take a break. Oh, let me take a break. Yeah yeah, stuck in your car. That's gonna keep you in your car. Absolutely, We'll take a break. Got our play of the day coming up. Todd has already come up with Shay, Gilgess Alexander nicknames. Oh boy, we're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Oh my God, the Play of the day.
Speaker 9: Play this is the play.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 14: Check this out, well spinning hag him Scar. It was seven seconds to go Minnesota, no timeouts. Patterson pumps, We play on. It's Garcia. Let's it go for the win. Tossit garciam BA ball game, gopherst look it.
Speaker 1: Off, henfreyed Michigan and over time.
Speaker 2: Courtesy if Fox Sports One. Minnesota entered a streak of seventeen consecutive losses to ranked opponents, which was tied for the third longest active streak in Division one. That's your play of the day and it's brought to you by Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of the DP Show. Instant push to Talk offering national LTE coverage NOS subscriptions. Ever, business owners keep in touch with up to two hundreds staff members at one time. Go to Rapid Radios dot com sixty percent off and free shipping. You didn't ask for it, but you got it. It's part of the package that's called Friday Fritzy. We're trying to come up with nicknames for Shay, Gilgess, Alexander aside from sg A. And if you guys want to offer up your own nicknames for sg A, if he's going to win the MVP or we can help him along the way with his campaign trail Todd, would you like to give us some of your bed Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a strac Yes.
Speaker 2: That's open to interpretation.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Some of the nicknames could include Shae now.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Williamail, Little Willie Mays, Okay.
Speaker 4: Burt Reynolds from the seventies or eighties evening Shay.
Speaker 2: No, that's not good. Nobody nobody cares about that. Say watch they watch Shay, Watch Shay Wingo, Trey Wingo, Shay Wingo.
Speaker 4: Oh, Shay Doky Oh, Shay Doki, Shay the Piper, Shah left m.
Speaker 5: Some of you may know that song from back of the Day, she let gonna be a good Shay.
Speaker 4: Shay back machine, and four more would be shake Hat instead of stray Cat, a shake Cat hip hop pouche, and on Christmas Day a one horse open Shay.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, we've done it there. Anybody have any other nominees for Shay, Gilgess, Alexander Paul. It may be wordy, but how about water torture?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I like that? Yeah, I like that. Oh, I thought you meant todd listening to me? Do ex also? Oh oh you're talking about a little wordy water torture. Just drip drip driprip. Sure, yes, so see.
Speaker 6: I love water watching him because it feels like I'm being torture. Yeah, that's how good he is. Watching him is like torture in.
Speaker 2: A good way. Yeah, Marvin, do you got one? You okay with that? No? That's probably whi Okay, let's play the Kevin Durant career high point total game. Dan, You're gonna play the first part.
Speaker 3: You have to guess the points for Kevin Durant and what team he was on when he did it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go sixty one for OKC.
Speaker 3: It was fifty five points was his career high whilst a Brooklyn Nets. His high with OKC was fifty four. His high with Golden State was fifty one. So he's scored fifty plus in three different uniforms. Now for the room, which team did Kevin Durant score fifty five against?
Speaker 2: Here's a hint. It's not a surprise. Yes, Marvin like the Hawks.
Speaker 5: That's the Hawks.
Speaker 2: I knew, Marbara dang Okay, has anybody scored fifty or more points for three three different franchises? Checking? Yes, Jamal Crawford, he had fifty for three different teams.
Speaker 15: I think four four. I think so he's a highlight machine. Entertaining, Yes he is. Didn't you say top ten most entertaining players.
Speaker 10: Let's not start it. I said second tier, all entertaining. I didn't say he was up there with doctor J and Dominique and MJ and Lebron and those guys.
Speaker 2: Larry Bird the top.
Speaker 10: Ten, second tier, second tier with like white chocolate in those guys not great?
Speaker 2: Was it white chocolate?
Speaker 5: We're not gonna start. We're having a good day.
Speaker 2: Jason Okay, Jason Williams underrated highlight reel.
Speaker 5: I don't think he underrated highlight highlight.
Speaker 2: Wise, I don't think he. I don't think he's second tier. Jason Williams white chocolate.
Speaker 5: You can put a first tear if you want.
Speaker 2: But I'm going in with how about his pickup games that he's still playing in? Now? Have you seen those pickup games when he's out there with these college kids?
Speaker 10: Look he did He did it behind the back pass and tossed it off his elbow.
Speaker 2: It was so movie the movie had with against Gary Payton and the glove. The glove was great, but that move where he was fake and something and Gary was like, well, and then he was pretty good, pretty good stuff, all right.
Speaker 3: Paul Jamal Crawford had fifty plus points four times in his career for four different teams, The Knicks, the Sons, the Warriors, and the Bulls.
Speaker 2: Stand the day style day.
Speaker 8: To day, Stana day.
Speaker 2: This is the style of the day. Want to you buy Panini America, the official trading car of the Dan Patrick Show. I can't imagine that anybody else's had even three teams, right, yeah, mar.
Speaker 10: Probably Wilt Chamberlain, was he other Warriors?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But how many teams did he play on? He played on the Warriors and the Lakers and the Sixers. Well they were the Philadelphia Warriors, so they would still be Philadelphia. He wasn't playing in Golden State. Yes, Paul, we're double checking this stat.
Speaker 3: But players who've had fifty plus points with three different teams in their NBA career Will Chamberlain three, Bernard King, never forget Moses Malone, Dan, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lebron, James and of course Jamal Crawford. Okay, was Wilt with the seventy six ers and then also the Warriors, so they counted that is two different franchise I think, so we're double checking that. Okay, would you update the poll results Seaton from the first hour of the program that flew by.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised that, like James, Harden isn't on that list. As a dude whould put up points. He's played for a bunch of teams. I bet he's If he's not on that list, I bet he's close. Let's see, this is one of the more oddly specific poll questions we've ever had. But Texans aside, if the Lions were to reach the Super Bowl, who should they want to play? Bill's Chiefs or Ravens? Right now? It is a tie between the Bills and the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, interesting question I'm gonna ask David Carr, former number one overall pick now NFL Network analyst. He'll join us. Coming up. Jason Garrett, former Cowboys head coach, has to have an opinion on Dion and Jerry Jones. Question mark one hour in the books. Two more to go in this meet Friday,