Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM right here on Fantasy Pros. I am Chris Welsh and joining me today for a magnificent episode of Leading Off for all you Penis and cracker Jacks people watching live or of course people listening on the podcast is the great and powerful Nick Pollock. Pitch your list. What's up, my friend? What's up? Nick?
Speaker 2: What is happening? So good to see you, Chris, Thanks so much for having me today.
Speaker 1: I always love talking with you. One of the perennial names in all of the baseball space. Obviously, you guys know him. You get all of his breakdowns. You know what the best part of today is too, I get to potentially throw hitter things at Oh no, that's always the problem because Nick, the number one thing we're gonna be talking about, of course, is going to be over on the padres. But I want to remind everybody you can follow mister Nick Pollock over at picture List. You can check out their incredibly, incredibly awesome website. What is the version are we on on pictures at seven point?
Speaker 3: Oh? I don't recall, it's it's pl seven When Stack cast that on our player pages.
Speaker 2: It's wonderful.
Speaker 1: It is crazy crazy. If you want to do any research on players, you've got to make sure you go over there. They've got a litany of incredible podcasts, and really Nick is the one of the biggest must follows on Twitter that I possibly know, and a wonderful person, one of just my favorite, like genuinely great people, whether it's on a podcast, whether it's in person, whether it's giving advice. Nick has literally never said no to me, and I say.
Speaker 3: Of course, how could I not? And I can't thank you enough for giving advice like this. I'm excited to talk about everything baseball, yes, including the cardboard cutouts that are hitters.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are a few. And there were a couple that were traded. I know it's not a exciting pictures Nick, but there were a couple that were traded and made their debuts Yesterdays. They came out with an absolute bang with a nine to one victory with all their new guys, Brandon Drury first inning grand slam, Soto and Bell both on base. Soto ended up going one for three with two walks in the debut. Josh Bell oh for two, but he had two walks and two runs, Brandon Drury one for three with a grand Slam for RBI, and it was a polaroid moment. It was a huge, huge build up to what had the chance to disappoint, and it did not. Like I know, they are stinky hitters and everything like that, but I mean we've been talking a lot about the fantasy uptick on players and going to new destinations. Soto's a kind of no brainer, Josh Bell, I think is a relatively good no brainer. What about Brandon Drury? What were your thoughts on Brandon Drury and having that big output.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, Brandon Drury when we moved to San Diego padrics, you definitely know how you fit in with so many options there. But it's so good to see him right away making an impact for San Diego. And you gotta think that they'll find a way to game his line because he's such a good hitter this year inside of Cincinnati and I'm just really excited to see him thrive in Sandy U now in such a good lineup, grand jury shoot succeed there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Nick's got to run, go go do. I'm not joking you. Nick is literally burning His food is food burning his whole place might burn down, so he had to run. Here's what I thought was interesting. Here's a couple of things. Juan Soto hit two in the lineup, major check. That is exactly what we wanted to see. So think when Tatis comes back. If Tatis leaves off and then you go Sodo Machado, it will be the greatest one through three I can imagine. And I mentioned it yesterday. The no run first inning bets on the run scored should be really fascinating for the Padres because you're not gonna want to ever take it on the under. Josh Bell hitting behind the major guys proves the incredible RBI opportunity that's gonna be out there, even though he didn't really do a whole bunch a couple walks in their couple runs. And Brandon Drury dh in his first appearance, which I think was really important to see because at the end of the day, you're gonna see him just play all across the board, and they played him right off the bat against righty's not that they wouldn't have, but if you were to pretend something nick Brandon Drury is one of the better left handed hitters in I mean hitting left lefties in baseball right now. I mean he think he's like still top ten. Is not Paul Goldschmid, but you know he is a guy where if he's up against a lefty and you're a better you want to go probably take a goal total base proper you can feel comfortable with the homer. So they played him up against righty's as well. He could DH, he could play second, he could play outfield. His versatility really showed out, and really everything we guessed that this lineup would do happen. Bell Rbi opportunity, Soto to Drury hitting in a pretty solid spot and coming through and probably gonna get regular playing time, which is what we need definitely.
Speaker 3: And it's also kind of interesting to see the Pieris and the Mets maybe do this thing of game platwo similit guys. You have Darren Roff now and Bogo back with the Mets too. It might be what the Pyres are doing, So it might not be in every thing for brand juries, it might be need a little bit more on lefties.
Speaker 1: Well, and they got Kim and they've got Profar and Grishan was hitten out a little bit by the way did your food.
Speaker 2: Burn It's all right.
Speaker 3: I just all of a sudden smelled it and I was like, oh my god, I put it on too high, and I realized for thirty minutes, I'm gonna start a fire, so I needed to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm glad. What I'm really glad about is I didn't bring Nick Pollock on and his whole house burned down when he's I got enough of my personal life that's burning down. I don't need to burn down your life. So I'm glad we didn't burn down.
Speaker 3: The moment of oh my god, I'm thirty minutes and it's gonna burned down.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, lord. So it was magnificent on the Padres front. Sandy al Contra through his third complete game of the season. Nick, you are the picture guy. Actually have two picture things I want to break down here. Talk to me about Sandy o Contra and how have you dealt with him from fantasy As far as value, I know, it's not the most important thing in the world. He might be the most reliable, trustworthy picture of the entire season. He doesn't have the best you know, like percentage to Kate for nine or anything like that. But as he goes so deep, he puts up stats. What level of elite is al Contra through this entire season for you compared to other guys like especially here's here's a perfect example. Garrett Cole just got lit up yesterday and he's really shown inconsistency throughout the board. Do you think al Contra is no question more valuable than Garrett Cole for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I have him ranked above of Garrett Cole since I believe two weeks ago on my weekly edition of the list. And Sandale Katara does such a good job of getting fastballs inside, getting awkward swings that create outs in the field quickly. He makes it such a tough at bat every time, doesn't waste many pitches, and when we saw yesterday those three strikeouts not the best changeup.
Speaker 2: Insider that we've seen from him.
Speaker 3: But when you have three pitches actually really four if you want to say, the Forestings sinc Are being two distinct ones. Al Kantara just makes such difficult bats all the time with the most ridiculous stuff, and we're talking like ninety nine mile per hour fastballs and then amazing drop on the change up Inslider two and because of that constant pounding of the zone, tough swing decisions, al Kantar is able to go deep into games consistently.
Speaker 2: And keep in mind, because he's going so long into the games that.
Speaker 3: Earray and whip are higher expressed than guys going you know, thirty percent fewer frames because that's in the array. Yes, but if you're in a roto league, that means so much more that he's doing over eight innings than six innings. So do not undervalue that from a Sandi al Kaintara. It's been an amazing season. I don't really see it slowing down at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is he number three overall? He's number three.
Speaker 3: For me, it's carbon Burns, It's see McClanahan and all cantar. But then de Grama's back and how do you deal with that? But that's another story.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a whole other thing that I would dive into. But I saw mich McClanahan was on that list on the other side, boy, I mean, I can't be any colder betting right now. We can talk about that later. But Freddy Praulta did make his debut back from injury, going three and two thirds he ended up giving up to he walked to struck out three. He only went sixty seven pitches. Looked like he was really moving and shaking in that bottom of the fourth inning, gave up those runs and then they pretty much immediately yanked him and didn't look like that strikeout prop was going to go great. Eight swing and misses on the day. Change up I think was at like a fifty percent with rate. Fastball wasn't really doing a whole bunch slider low slider stuff. I think it was all in like twenty five plus csw What were your thoughts on the return of Freddy Perlta? Did this look like the guy that everybody was trying to push as a top ten sp Do you think he is going to need some time to work back? Are you back into ultimate trust of Freddy perult especially if people like in a fantasy trade deadline might be looking to maybe acchoir Freddy Peralta. You know, if they want to make a push, is that a guy people should be trading for with short innings coming off of the injury? And I don't know, did his stuff look good enough for you? Right?
Speaker 2: It didn't for me? What you want to see from Freddy Peralta is just strikes.
Speaker 3: You want to see him pounding the zone with fastballs and hopefully the slider gets strikes as well on top of them. As long as this heater inside the zone constantly, and I'm talking upper third of the zone, we're just anywhere really inside that box, but hopefully upper third for Alta will have a great start yesterday, very volatile, very erratic in a bad way with that heater. I call him Professor Chaos because of how much is strikes imply just normally looks like just an array, but normally inside of that zone. And if who wasn't there yesterday, it could be a product of injury, it could be product of jitters. You just came back for so long and you're really excited and that can affect you too. So it's really hard to tell at this moment if Peralta is going to make those adjustments to get back into any sort of rhythm as that sp two that we've seen. I want to believe he will because he has done it for a decent amount of time. He does pitch cross body, though, and that's something that requires a lot of rhythm to get back into the zone constantly with a timing on on release, so it might take a couple starts to get there. Interesting to maybe wait if you're looking to trade for him for another week, wait for another bats art, because I don't think a manager would be willing to give him up for cheap at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, okay, so that's interesting because you turned it back into kind of like a buy and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a buy or maybe a sell off. If you don't want to wait. Trade deadlines are not created equal in fantasy. I've had some that just hit on the first you get some I think that will be usually mid August. You might have some push even a little bit further, maybe even to the end of August. So if you can get one more bad start in, that might be the time if you believe there's going to be a tick back. But maybe if there is no discount required off of the bad start and you can still get full value, you could even look at maybe not playing. You know, you could move off of him for the rest of your year if you don't want to play it through, because unfortunately, it's going to have to be game time and Freddy Brot has never been a big innings guy, and he already won sixty seven pitches only through four, So you do have to question long term, if the stuff is just a little bit shaky over the next three or four starts, how comfortable will they ultimately be just pushing him in in to win opportunities. And he's the polar opposite of Sandy al Contrac where Sanuel Contrac like, if he doesn't go seven, We're like, is he injured? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: No, with Freddy Peerlte, We'll say the only true by lows are where it's not a guarantee that he's gonna do well again. Right, So, if you are really buying on Freddy Perlze, you're kind of hoping that it does go poorly the next two starts and then having that faith that it'll come back up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. One of the top prospects in baseball did make his major league debut, but probably the most boring of names for many people just don't know him, Miguel Vargas. He ended up going two for four two RBIs. I think he also stole third if I remember correctly, not on the ear Miguel Vargas. This is one of those guys. I'm having these moments and I don't want to make everything about me, even though it can be. But like I have this shlew of these players that I saw as the lowest levels, Like I remember Miguel Vargus in like twenty eighteen or seventeen on the backfields of Camelback Rants watching him, being like, man, this kid is really impressive. Not showing crazy stuff, but he's really impressive watching him as this kid, and he's now up in the major leagues right now, and he is successful, and he one of the best prospects in baseball. Fifteen homers, twelve stolen base is hitting two ninety one with a three eighty two OBP in the minor league season and now stolen base a couple hits in his major league debut. Can kind of move around. As soon as I saw he was actually called up, immediately tweeted out for everybody, go pick him up. If he's still out there, go pick him up. This is one of those prospects that you know in the Dodger system. I don't know how long that they'll let things hang around, but if he's successful and he's here. He could play multiple positions. He's got incredible hit tool, and he's always been patient, doesn't strike out, walks, has a high OBP OBP leagues is a good one. This is definitely a hitter that you guys want to go and pick up if he is looming around and you want to play the young guy game in redraft, which I usually don't like to do. Over on the injury front, Michael Harris will scratched yesterday day to day with a foot injury. This is blasphemous. I know he's a cardboard, stinky hitter, but Michael Harris one of my favorite players of the entire year, and really also Nick. I have to continue root and cheer for Michael Harris because as oneal Cruz goes out and hits his eighth homer and has a higher and fourteen EV and everybody tweets me about it because I'm critical of I'm only critical of onneal Cruz because the guy hits sub two thirty and he was anointed the Rookie of the Year through seven at bats through this season. That's why I'm critical Michael Harris. I think the best guy in baseball got to continuously root for are you a big Michael Harris guy.
Speaker 3: I sure, I I'm I'm the one who will watch every single thing that O'Neal Cruz does. So I feel like I need to just say, Okay, I believe you, Chris, I believe you.
Speaker 1: I mean, like it's it's the most difficult situation for me because it feels like everybody thinks I hate O'Neal Cruz and I don't. I've talked about oneo Cruz in like the week and a half or so. I don't hate O'Neill Cruz. He's an insane video game challenge. I got nine homers and five stolen bases on the year, right. He's great, but he's thaking two twenty five. He has a sub two seventy OBP, which sucks, and he strikes out a bunch. So he's a big He's like Javier Bias. He's like he's a bigger physical piece of hobbyer buyers, where how your buyers would be like, man, you're singing things through a lot of stuff. But he does video game stuff. That's what o'neol Cruiz is. He's a monster and beast. And I turned Michael Harrison to oneo Cruise.
Speaker 3: It's like a it's like a picture, like a Matt Brash kind of thing where you see the amazing breaking balls, but it's like, okay, what was the final line kind of thing is what you're trying to say, and Michael Hyris is just your Hey guys, I'm I'm Luis Garcia and I'm just doing really good things.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Maybe also like like a Freddy Peralta, Like Freddy Peralta has just absolutely bonker stuff, but he just doesn't go deep into games a ton. I mean, it's a word. It's not a great comp but it's like that idea, like it's flash, it's got top end type of stuff. That's who on'eal Cruz absolutely is. Next year will be more fun. I'll be a lot more into it. But you know, like I don't get excited about two thirty here.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for the the blind mock draft where you yell at your co manag for taking O'Neal Cruz in the third round.
Speaker 1: I catch such a blast with that nick and picture con he runs. They did these blind drafts and right now yeah, yeah, exact pitch con and I did this last one didn't.
Speaker 2: I yeah, yeah, your back. It was great, you and you and Bagman.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the result. I don't know where the results are that you're gonna do a mid season results.
Speaker 2: Oh, we we're gonna post them. Don't worry. Okay, good, I'm sure I did terribly.
Speaker 1: I will scream a little bit if they do something bonkers like you know, take two years ago, Dalton var show who didn't make the roster.
Speaker 2: Oh that was so fun. That was fun.
Speaker 1: Burned through the other injuries, Austin Hayes Island with an oblique Brian Baiyo out with a groin injury, Gavin Sheet's got a bruised ankle, Joey Bart left the game with growing tightness. Ross Strippling placed on the al with a leg injury. Creats some rotational stuff, and George Springer remains out of lineup with an elbow problem. And as does what mayorfield you know, at least in Toronto. So will he lead off potentially when you get there. Here's a fun fact by Sarah Langs that's slang on sports. Brandon Jury is the first player with the grand in his first played appearance with a team after changing mid season with teams. He's the first player with the team that Rip Ripulski of the Red Sox on May tenth, nineteen sixty, was I guess the next? Oh yeah? So since so since nineteen sixty this is an oddly worded tweet, or maybe I'm just reading it weird, but since nineteen a better way to be with Since nineteen sixty, Branjurie is the first player with the Grand Slam in his first played appearance within a team after changing teams mid season. Thank you Sarah Langs for the tongue twister. Two more and then we're going to get into some of the stats. This day in baseball nineteen ninety three, Tony gwyn had six hits against the Giants. It is the Patter's outfielders fourth game of the nineteen ninety three season with five or more hits. He becomes only the third person to get five hits or better that many times in a single season. Very ironic that won so Wan Soto might actually be okay, This might be contros on soda, the best version of like a Tony Gwinn we've had since Tony Gwinn, Is there any player that has been more representative of like Tony Gunn is always unique in his game and his contact. Do you think that's like a Juan Soto.
Speaker 2: Like I think one SODA's too patient for that.
Speaker 3: Like Tony Gwinn to get as many hits as he did is because he did not accept walks as much, I imagine as Wan Soda. I don't have the career numbers of Tony Gwinn, but I assure you it's not the same patience that has been instilled in the game now still as far as overall hit tool goes, and just like all right, I'm just gonna get Smiths today or be amazing at the play.
Speaker 2: I can understand where you're coming from, and.
Speaker 1: Like you just prove it right there, like two walks in his major league debut, like the hype, like players will be swinging through their shoes like Brandon Jury. Here's a trivia question for today. Edwin Diaz is eight point one strikeouts per nine this season would set a record for a pitcher with at least twenty saves in baseball. This is for the chat or anybody listening who holds the current record. Nick cannot answer this because if the answer is staring us right.
Speaker 3: In the face.
Speaker 1: It's not looking at the sheet. Have you looked at the sheet?
Speaker 2: I looked at the sheet. I'm not gonna be that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you know so the chat, So I'm gonna repeat it one more time, Edwind. He has eight point one Kate per nine this season would set a record for any picture with at least twenty saves. That is a bonkers video game number. But who holds the current record. Let's see if the chat gets it name and extra points. If you can actually get what that number is, you know, eight point one would be the record. And we'll come back to that in a little bit. Some stat heroes Jose orkeaty seven innings, ten k's are you were you an a arkady guy? I always get every time I think of Urkidi, I think of Eno and ENO's love of some of the stuff. Or Katy has really struggled, I think in just being an ultimate consistent guy. And the strikeout pictures in Houston in general have been a little bit wonky. But give up only two hits ten strikeouts? How big are we on our KTI rest of season? And trustworthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, entering the season, I was hoping that we'd see the kitchen sink Hosey or Keaty, and I thought, yeah, he was just getting undervalued in that way. Did not have it the first couple months of this year, or Kety just could not find any sort of rhythm whatsoever. However, the last about six to seven starts for Rose or Kety have been phenomenal. Sure, you could point at the sub two hundred babbit that he's had in the same time, however, you watch this star which I did. Fastball command has been unreal and the change of down and away armside, so he avoided all of the play, just dotted the corners with those two pitches constantly. Good slider in there for some free real estate that is getting early strikes in the zone. Or Keaty is in rhythm right now, and we see this a lot. I mean, look at Martin Perez. This entire season has been in rhythm. Joseier Keaty has been in one for about six weeks now. And I hope it doesn't end. I mean, as of this moment, jose Orkety could do this forever. It seems like I hope he does. Hope he's nothing that interrupts this great groove.
Speaker 1: He's in Yeah, and that was always something you know loved and we would talk about. Was you had, like, you know, four pitches and he could command all of them. Whether you're getting strikeouts or not, the results will end up being there. It is not Rivera and is not gon Ye. For the trivia question of what ed who Edwin Diaz would pass for the most K per nine in a single season with at least twenty saves, very good guesses, but those are not from the chat where we were on set here Sanuel Contra, we talked about win a perfect nine and well went nine only struck out three, So that strikeout under Charlie Morton six and two thirds, eight strikeouts, giving up only three hits. Zach Wheeler seven and seven h seven innings, seven strikeouts, five hits, also a pretty solid drink. Blake Snell six innings, four hits, nine strikeouts. Oh Man Nick Nick Snell or Blake Snell Nick Snell. Blake Snell been consistent on the back half of the year. I have I have trouble buying it, but how critical and how trustworthy Isla Blake Snell the rest of the year, because I feel like he has really shown out some inconsistencies though, like you talked about with her, Katie, he's just him and Darvish have just stepped up, especially with the run sport they're going to have now. Has Blake Snell moved up pretty dramatically in your ranks over the last let's say two months.
Speaker 2: I mean he's gone back and forth.
Speaker 3: When he came back from injury, we were hoping to find some rhythm and replicate what he did the end of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: We didn't quite see that.
Speaker 3: And I remember the off season I asked Blake Snell on his twitch chat, is the change up still in time out? Because he put in time out last year and had so much success. He goes, no, I'm really excited to show it off. And so I lowered him in my ranks and then and then he still had his change it for a while. But guess what, last night, one change up thrown. And he's been really reducing that change up in the past four weeks. And this is the kind of success that we see. Yet, as long as you have four seamers for strikes with Blake Snell sixty seven percent yesterday, which is great, he's going to get with on the secondary stuff. He had ten whists across the slider and curveball.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: There you go, that is Blake Snell having success. He's in that rhythm right now. I don't believe he would interrupt it as far as going back to the change up one random night.
Speaker 2: So I feel good about Blake's now at the moment.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what we saw last year, and hopefully he doesn't have the same injury that halted his progression in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Do you have any of those moments And you're very humble guy, but do you have any of those moments where it's like you know how much you study and your experience, Yeah, there's a picture and everything, and then you see what needs to be changed and you see a guy like Blake's now be like no, I'm still gonna go at it, and then you see it fail, and then you see them stop doing it and succeed. Do you want to just be like could you just listen to me? Like no, could you just listen to me?
Speaker 3: Okay, sure, but there are other times when like this guy needs to do this, and like they say no and they do something else and they're incredibly successful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm happy it worked out this way. There are a lot of other times that it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm sure. Let's just get Blakes now to listen to n Pollague please. By the way, Brian did get it. A rold As Chapman was the answer to the trivia question seventeen point seven k per nine in twenty fourteen. That is the leader. Edwin Diaz currently looking to break that record, which is pretty cool stuff. Over on the big hitters. On the stat side, Brian Reynolds three for four with a homer, did not get traded. Must be happy. Three runs. Luke Williams with Miami three stolen bases on my bench yesterday too, got Manny Machado three for four with a homer in the Big and Cronaworth also had a homer with three RBI in the Big padres output Im ed Rosario had a bomb with three RBIs. I couldn't have been more wrong about franmil Reyis, but you know, I think I'm pretty right about Amed Rosario. In the preseason guesses, Robinson Trinos had a homer, Hikashoka had a homer, vogel Bach with the big bomb, Dury with the grand slam Oscar Gonzalez. The reason franmill Is gone two for four with a home run. Some stat zero's cool Chad, the Chad cool nine earned runs with four strikeouts and five innings amazing. You can get to nine earned runs in five innings. Michael Gibbons got blown up with five urn Rich Hill only went three with foreignern and Garrett Cole six innings six eurned runs did have eight k's Nick, What is wrong with Garrett Cole?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, he's replicating the cool whip, which you don't want whatsoever. But I with Garrett Cole, it's just the first inning, and I've heard a lot of people say, like, oh, the sticky stuff. Since then, he hasn't been this ace for the Yankees. All this I keep in mind, yesterday Garrett Cole had what I call a golden goal. That is, he had the highest the CSW of any pitcher, and he had the most whiffs of any pitcher yesterday.
Speaker 2: The stuff is not bad.
Speaker 3: This is not all of a sudden a degradation of the old Garrett Cole. As far as ability goes, it's just consistency a little and really the first inning he Leeds three home runs to the Mariners in that first frame, and then I'll had two hits across the next five and dominated I think it's something maybe mental. I think it's just something being in confidence wise, I don't know, maybe this something about his pre game routine. He blamed Billy Crystal if you remember an opening day, So there's something there about the first name with the Garrett Cole. I think as far as fancy majors go, he's not going to have this I any rate by the end of the year. I believe his stuff is just too good where you just have to keep shrugging it off.
Speaker 2: And it's tough to do that, but you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: I could, Honestly, I'm probably one of the few I could just sit and I would love to just be inside of his brain, like.
Speaker 2: Just that is his voice.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.
Speaker 2: The thing, remember Family Davis Junior, almost what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Well, Like you remember that family guy bit where it's like, oh god, it's like Kermit the Frog and I'm forgetting the Ray Romano out there. You put Garrett Cole at the same table with him. His excuses. I like that he's just like every time it's like, you know, it was this same bit of crystal. It's like always something else, Like I actually love Garrett Cauley. I think he's fantastic for baseball. Blame everybody else and just I don't know the zero hitters, Eric Ajas four strikeouts, oh for four, bunch of three strikeout performances, all no hits, Hoskins, Scope, Bashett, Luke, Chapman, Devers, Perez, and Turner, all with the big old zeros for everybody on the stat side, Hey, guess what, everybody two homer calls this week. I have been very slow going and it would be a miracle, miracle if I could catch up. Really, in any regard, we have to give a hat tip to our guy, Matt mayor Mike Mayer. Got my name's today, Mike Mayer, who has been dominating the board. We did not have an updated home run board, but yes, I did call Pete Alonzo. I'm two for three this week last week, but a lot of other people called Pete Alonzo so much so I really wish we had the board. Is unfortunate because the home run leaderboard is tied now. It is tied for everybody high Cubby Hadwan Soto yesterday like Wonky, and d Blum had Peter Lonzo like me. So they are tied at thirty seven night King of the North on the heels, Mike Mayer's got thirty five, and a bunch of us are just further down. I have no idea where I'm at. I'm probably twenty five or twenty six on the air of nowhere close to the home run board. But I am two for three and we're gonna put Nick Pollock on the hot seat here in just a couple of minutes to make a choice for the guests, as Mike Curlin was the only one that was able to jump in. Hey friends, this episode brought to you by our friends over at bet MGM. Make sure you use the promo code that you see right under you leading off. When you do, you get a one thousand dollars risk free bet. Just go over to bet mgm right now, pick it up, get rock and make some bets over on the bettingpros dot com prop cheat sheet. The top two bets for well the number one strikeout and the number one total base prop. You want to take today Jeffrey Springs, which I think is coming up here very shortly. The number is four and a half on the over, projected almost seven from Fantasy pros. That is on fan Duel. It's pretty juiced up though. That's the number one strikeout bet on their value board, and the number one total base is Ralphael Devers, who's even money at one and a half over. They project him at three versus Kansas City two. That I kind of dig today. Oh, didn't I see? Did the Cardinals game get Did it get rained out today?
Speaker 2: Did it did?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's that's Let me take a look. I saw on cards saying that it got today. I don't see it. I don't see anything suspended. So you guys tell me in the chat do you? Does anybody know any different? Because I'm gonna take Paul Goldschmidt Paul gold Schmidt as a total base over if he's actually playing. But I see no rainout so far. He is plus money at one and a half on DK and hitting four to sixty against lefties, and I don't see anybody correcting me. Does that sound about right now?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: I don't see anything saying postponement for the Cardinals quite yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Cardinals Paul Goldschmidt, that's my pick as far as a total base prop and Brandon Woodruff strikeouts six and a half it's plus money against Pittsburgh today. Hit that in the last couple Yes, thank you very much. I will take Brandon Woodrriff on the strikeouts, Goldie on the total basis, DK just running real quick, not a whole lot. Here some interesting prices from fandul Woodriff ten and a half today, Springs is seven and point four and Kintana seven point seven. Actually, like, do you like hose Kingtana today in the debut?
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting and the Cardinals defense should help him. He's been in a lot of good rhythm with his with his stuff. I like that a decent amount. Seven point seven sounds good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like really really cheap in that same range. I think he could be a huge value today. If you're looking for implied run totals, your stacks Milwaukee, Chicago, Tampa. Now Milwaukee and Tampa were both I believe five. Chicago wasn't, but I really like the matchup. So those are three teams you might target on stacks. Go probably in the top three or four and Nick that leads us to the very end of our home run call. So all you gotta do it's super simple. Their cardboard cutout stinky hitters, but you can pick one. You know, really, it would be great for you to have like this strike out prop. It would just be like the strikeout of the day if you were if you and me were doing the show, we'd have to have the homer and the strikeout monster of the day to lead. But you do got to pick a homer. All you gotta do is what do you want to put on the board for the guests.
Speaker 3: I mean, how am I supposed to make a bet without using bets? It's gonna be It's gonna be MOOKI bets today, Jacob Junis, I don't think it's actually gonna go too long against the Dodgers. I would actually consider them as a stack here because Jacob Junis isn't quite where he needs to be, and these they're gonna get to that bullpen pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: I like that one. I like to call him yakup Jon this. It's a yakup this out there on the mound, the yacap j yeah, and go cards. I just got confused when I saw him saying in the chat this was talking about. Yeah, yesterday it was a rain, so it completely fried my brain on what you guys can tell is a pretty quick, fast moving leading off, so it completely fried my brain. So put Paul Goldschman on the board for me. Yes, I'm gonna try to go three for four his huge, huge run versus lefties hitting force it with bonkers numbers he's putting up this year. I'm gonna go with gold Schmid. We know Joe just as Judge. Moving forward, I don't know if anything else has been updated. I do see Mayor with Luis Roberts, so I think he might have a new pick. I don't see a new Wonky pick. But those are ours for today, Nick, what is going on over a picture list that our wonderful crowd needs to know about because you guys have a plethora of amazing things.
Speaker 3: We do a lot of things, mainly just come hang out on Twitch. If he enjoy his live streams nine am to eleven am every single weekday morning, I'm there. It's my office hours. Ask all the questions that you have. But yeah, check out our player pages. They are stack casts, the based we have stack cast data and they are absurdly detailed, amazing game logs, all the repertoire stuff, gifts of every single pitch.
Speaker 2: Go check them out. The best place see do your player research.
Speaker 1: You know it's amazing. If you want to, just like really just throw it out here for your job. If you want, go out and watch Nick's stream for two hours, then you come over here, and then after here a half an hour, then go over and watch us over at twitch dot tv slash in this league.
Speaker 2: That there you go.
Speaker 1: So I'm getting yelled at in the chat. I can't call Goldie today because it's a double header. Well let me call the game. I need confirmation, Wonky, please get me confirmations. This is true that I can't call Goldie. What if I pick the game? What if I pick the exact one? I want the full I want the second of the double header. That is what I'm coming you know what foot down second?
Speaker 2: I will I have rule in favor. Yeah, that works. You can't get game one.
Speaker 1: And if I get yelled at too much, I'm taking Matt Olsen because that is the other person I was going to pick today. So I'm having backup calls here. Nick Pollock at picture List, go and check him out, check out the streams. It's twitched, Twitch, dot tv, slash picture list that should be it, right, amazing stuff over there, go to picture list dot com, awesome player pages, just awesome stuff in general. You can get always updated ranks for pictures and there's just a gagillion other things, so don't think that's it. And Frindos, that is everything that we have for you. Thank you so much for hanging out with us today. Bet MGM. You can check out with the promo code leading off, hang out with the awesome chat and thank you guys for hanging out with me. I will be back again tomorrow right here and leading off, if I don't hit my microphone, it's Welsh and Nick Pollock my friends,