Speaker 1: What is up? What's going on? Y'all?
Speaker 2: This is the Beatdown Podcast. Welcome in week eighteen edition. Happy holidays to everyone, Marry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah.
Speaker 1: We obviously took a week off to celebrate.
Speaker 2: And while we were gone, the Commanders secured a playoff birth with an overtime, thrilling, overtime victory over the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy, obviously.
Speaker 2: It's one of the best seasons of my career here in six seasons with the Washington Commanders Slash Redskins, last Washington football team, and I'm super pumped that we're gonna be playing for at least one more week. Despite all the hard palpitations that they gave me against the Eagles and the Falcons, it was definitely all worth it to see Jade and Daniels do some Rookie of the Year caliber stuff. That was really the firing force that ended up getting them wins over the Eagles and the Falcons. But this week they do have the chance to lock up the sixth seed with a win over the Dallas Cowboys, who beat them earlier this year in November. They really cannot get out to a hot start there. They did come out, come back late in that matchup. But as we all know that within the last thirty seconds they are about fifty billion touchdowns scored, including a ninety nine yard touchdown on the kickoff and then des by Terry McLaurin getting the go ahead touchdown with about twenty seconds left. Austin Cier misses the extra point, the Cowboy's still still up twenty to twenty seven, and then obviously all the antics ensued after that.
Speaker 1: But this is gonna be a good matchup between these two teams.
Speaker 2: We don't exactly who's been playing a quarterback, We don't know exactly how intense the Cowboys are going to be intent on winning this game. Either way, this will be a chance for the Commanders to get their twelfth win of the season, which would be the first time.
Speaker 1: This is nineteen ninety one. And how are they going to do that?
Speaker 2: Well, that is what we're going to be discussing today.
Speaker 3: With me.
Speaker 2: We have Alex Flohm from DCU and dc News Now and Eithan Gdo covers the commands for Monumental Sports too. Maryland are well to say, including me, three Maryland grads here, guys, how are we doing.
Speaker 3: Doing great man, thanks for having us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty good and good to good to be always good to be on with terps.
Speaker 2: Right we should we should be on the Maryland basketball. I have Maryland Pride. Now I've been may show up doing their home games. But uh yeah, really really glad to be discussing this game with you guys and everyone else you know listening.
Speaker 1: They know the deal.
Speaker 2: Here I would be asking these guys three questions on an offense, on a defense, more of a general question here were doing a little bit different than third question because obviously, as everyone knows by now, we have the Pro Bowl selections out in Terry McLaurin and Jade Daniels, we're both selected with a bunch of other alternates there. We'll wet to dive into that a little bit here. Uh that there will be points giving out at the end of each round. There will be a winner, and I will get to the side because it's my podcast. As I will say, I get to do whatever I want and I get the heavy burden of deciding the victor. But as always, if you be more focused on what these guys have to say and they're takes, on their analysis and the matchups, because those guys are the stars.
Speaker 1: Of the show.
Speaker 2: And with that being said, let's jump right into it. And I think we have to discuss who's gonna be playing quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, And the answer is, we don't really know right now. You know, Mike McCarthy has said, quote, I don't really know. I'm not really sure, not really there yet on who's going to be playing. Could be Trey Lance, could be Cooper Rush, could be you know whoever it is. And Trey Lance even said, look, absolutely no doubt, I'm ready to play if I am called upon. Well, we have no idea what's going to happen with that, because even if Treilance does play, we haven't really seen that much of him since his days with the forty nine Ers. So Alex will start with you here, and what should the Commanders expect from trail Lance? Should he get should he be the starter for the Cowboys this weekend?
Speaker 4: Well it's funny with him coming up here potentially because it reminds me of two years ago when the Commanders were facing the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys the last week of the season. The Cowboys were in a better situation.
Speaker 4: The Manders were the ones who weren't really playing promunch and they decided to start Sam.
Speaker 3: Howell in the last week, so it's kind of a.
Speaker 4: Flipped around situation. But actually, you know, I used to be a sports anchor in Harrisonburg and JMU used to always end out playing North Dakota State in the playoffs. So I have seen in some coverage what Trey Lance can do. We haven't seen him a lot in the NFL, but he can make plays with his legs, and you know, in college he was a very accurate passer down field, So it's got to be in there somewhere for him. So I would imagine that they're going to let him kind of throw the deep ball if he does indeed start. So I think that Commanders secondary, which at points has been a little shaky as we know, is going to need to be ready for that possibility. And the team is also going to need to be ready for the potential threat of a mobile quarterback, which I think they might have some practice within practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: And if you look at his his status at North Akota State, he was there for three seasons.
Speaker 1: He's really really big season.
Speaker 2: Everyone was you know, going crazy over twenty nineteen had twenty seven hundred yards, twenty eight touchdowns, zero interception. Didn't really play all that much in twenty twenty for a few different reasons. They're obviously COVID being one of them, you know, fifteen oh thirty FO one hundred and forty nine yards, two touchdowns, one interceptions. Right, he does have the ability at some point, but again in the NFL, you haven't really seen much of that.
Speaker 1: For for several reasons.
Speaker 2: Right, They the fort Niners took him for you know, they knowing he was going to be a project and it just didn't really work out for them because they also haven't a had Rot Perdy who they lucked up and get a franchise guy that mister irrelevant. But Ethan will go over to you here and again kind of touching on you know, the forty nine ers of it all, and you know, him being the third trained quarterback at points with the Cowboys, like what do you what are you expecting to see out of Trey Lance? Because again, the sample size for him in the NFL, while college is great, it's still really not that much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think that's the age old question, right, I Mean, the calendar just shifted over to twenty twenty five, and the last time we saw Trey Lance play consistent football was twenty nineteen sixteen, which is crazy because the COVID year barely played with the Niners. I think he has eleven career NFL starts. I think the unknown is the biggest thing with Trey Lance. He really hasn't had a long leash to prove why. He was the number three overall.
Speaker 3: Pick back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: The one year with San Francisco where he was his starter at week one, he broke his ankle in week two, and like you said, brock Purdy came out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: A few weeks later and that was all she wrote.
Speaker 5: I think the dual threat and mobility running with the football is definitely something the Commanders defense has to watch out for.
Speaker 3: They've had some success.
Speaker 5: I mean earlier this year, Kyler Murray didn't do too much with his legs. But then on the other hand, Jalen Hurts a few weeks ago pretty much could do whatever he wanted with his legs before he was knocked out with the concussion against Washington. I would say Lance's legs are certainly more dangerous than his arm right now. We've seen some accuracy issues. We've seen just inability to sustain long drives with him under center. But in all fairness, I don't think there's a real true sample size to go off.
Speaker 3: He's barely played in the NFL.
Speaker 5: He's been in the league for five years now and has played in seventeen games, just eleven starts. I think the unknown is just as scary as the known, which is why who if he does get the start, I'm very intrigued to watch him play on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I really am too, because I do feel bad for Tray and some instances because again a lot of people are really quick to write him off with in San Francisco, and I think in fairness, we have no idea what he can or can't be.
Speaker 1: Still to this day, we still.
Speaker 2: Have no idea what he can be as an NFL prospect, just because he's been hurt, he's been banished, he's been doing all this other stuff, and I think he's just he's been a long term project that I would, just as a human would, I would like to see him play. You know, well, at some point, you know, whether he gets a chance, you know, this week or not. But We'll focus on the unknown factor of it here, because a few weeks ago, uh, the Commanders faced another sort of unknown factor in Spencer Rattler comes in in the second half U in that matchup against the New Orleans Saints, and I think he comes in and just he he doesn't do a whole lot ten to twenty one for one hundred and thirty five yards.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't enough to get them in the game.
Speaker 2: And he does it does enough with stretching the field with his arm that it didn't really see that the Commanders had a complete answer for him. So Flum going back to you, like, I mean, how going just touching on like the unknown of it all, Like, how do you expect the defense to to react to a player they don't really have a big sample size of aside from what he did again with North Dakota State, which you know is I mean in NFL times, you know, a hundred years ago.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the good thing first off, in the situation with Trey Lance and not Spencer Rallery. With Rattler, you know, he came in after injury, so the Commanders didn't exactly expect to be facing him that day. I think they've probably if I had to guess this week looked at more tape on Trey Lance. But it is tough when you don't have that sample size. But like I said, I'll go back to the point I made before. I mean, when you're going up against Jayden Daniels, who's playing the way he is in practice every week every day, you know, they're not going to underestimate any opponent, any quarterback, no matter how little they've played in the NFL or how little success they've had in the NFL. But I think that is going to be the biggest thing that's going to prepare them because if you think about it, Jaden's been making plays with his legs all season.
Speaker 3: Jayden can make deep throws. You know, Jayden's accuracy most.
Speaker 4: Of the time has been very on point. So the good things we're saying about Trey Lance, they're very poor man's versions of what Jayden can do. So I think this team is going to be more than prepared to go up against him.
Speaker 2: And and to that point, and Ethan's point on top of that, I mean, they've they've gone up against a few different rushing quarterbacks this year. You know, Kyler Murray and he didn't really do that much for them. Uh, you know, Jalen didn't exactly. He had his almost occasionally in that first matchup, but not exactly. Was he did a lot more with his arm, I would say, than than in other cases. And you've got you know, Deshaun Watson, You've gotta have a lot of other examples there, So ethan real quick before we move on to the next question here in terms of like him as a rusher, like what do you expect, like how do you spet the defensive line to to react and respond to to to another guy that that has as as Alex said, a poor man's version of Jayden Steell set.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think just ultimately it's gonna sound really cliche, but everyone's staying in their rush lanes doing their job, and I think that'll be more than enough to stop Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've seen Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 5: Part of the reason why he's as good of a rusher as he is is because when he's running RPOs, it's with Saquon bar who just talked two thousand yards like that's such a much bigger threat to hand the ball up to Saquon Barkley than it is to hand the ball off to Rico Dawdle. No disrespect to Rico Daddle, He's had a career year, but it's just a different it's a different level of danger when you're a defense. And going back to Alex's point earlier, when Rattler came in, the commanders were not prepared for him. But if I if we even go back one week, Michael Pennix, there wasn't a ton of tape on him. It was only a second NFL start, But I thought Penix made a couple of good throws. Obviously that fourth quarter drive was great, but I thought Washington's defense played against him really well. So I don't think a lack of film will be an issue for Washington with Trey Lance, because if they're preparing for him to play, which I think they are, I think they'll be more than just fine stopping someone who really hasn't proven much in the NFL when he's given his chance.
Speaker 2: True, and to that point has turned to the like lowing yards on the ground. Yes, they the commanders have been, you know, one of them the team to struggle the most in terms of a lot of rushing yards, But it comes as in terms of running backs, of the post to quarterbacks, which I think does you know, speak to one positive about the defense, which is now a top ten defense you know, believe it or not, compared to what they were at the start of the year. We'll move on here, but before we do that, I will give you a score update. You guys are tied three to three in terms of points. So still fighting forward here, still still battling it out. But we'll move on here to the to more of the offensive side of the football. And as much as I pains me to bring up this, this this last Cowboys matchup, We're gonna do it because that's that's the job. We'll folks look at the first half here in terms of like how the drives ended for the Commander's field goal, miss, field goal, punt, punt, interception, punt in a half and that led to a three to three halftime score.
Speaker 1: That I mean it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Granted, you know the Cowboys didn't do that much on offense either, but you're not expecting that kind of performance from an offense that is top top ten in several categories, top five in several other categories, one of the high scoring offenses in the league.
Speaker 1: So far this.
Speaker 2: Year, and it really played a role in leaving them with a hole that they were really kind of kind of always climbing to get out of. Some of them their feet were stuck in the mud on so many different our circumstances there, so ethan like, how do you expect this offense to adapt and respond to that? Because obviously, if they put the other that kind of winning formula against Dallas, there's they we're gonna end with the same sort of situation that we had back in November, and nobody wants that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think establishing the run early and consistently is by far the number one thing I'm looking for in this game. I mean, the last three weeks, the run game outside of Jaden Daniels has been leak at best.
Speaker 3: I mean, Chris Rodriguez has shown flashes, same.
Speaker 5: With Brian Robinson Junior, but it's not nearly what it was at the beginning of the season. And Dallas's run defense is not very good. I mean, they're twenty ninth and yards allowed before contact. So last week we just saw safeuon Barkley go for one sixty on them. I think if Brian Robinson, Chris Rodriguez Junior can get going early. We'll wait and see about Austin Eckler if he's going to be back in the lineup this week. But if they're able to establish the run early, that will open up the play action and from there, I think it could be a long day for the Dallas defense.
Speaker 1: You certainly hope so.
Speaker 2: And you know, the team did did get one hundred and forty five rushing yards on twenty five carries there, averaging five point eight yards per carry. But to your point, a lot of that came from Jade and Daniel seven carries for seventy four yards. That's been the case for you know, pretty much since that Tennessee game. It seems like Jayden has really had to carry the load in terms of rushing the football here for this Washington offense.
Speaker 1: Now, Alice will.
Speaker 2: Flip over to you here and you know, again we'll ask you the same question. I mean, what do you expect to see out of this Washington offense that you know, to its credit, has put up a lot of you know, thirty forty point performances this year, especially in the last you know, two weeks against you know, a really good defense in the Philadelphia I solid grew of the play you know really well, you know last well last week at the Falcons. But what do you expect out of them to rebound from, you know, just a poor first half that they had in the first matchup with the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean I think I'm you're gonna expect to see an offense that's highly motivated. I don't think they liked the way they played in that game. Asking a lot of the guys this week, I didn't really say there was a revenge factor, but they made it clear that yes, they've locked up a playoff spot, but they fully intend to come in there on Sunday and play hard and try to win a game. They talked about how Dan Quinn said seeding is important. So I think you're gonna want to see them early and often getting it going finishing drives.
Speaker 3: I think back to.
Speaker 4: The Tennessee game. I think back to the Carolina game where they were just totally dominating them, and that is what a lot of us expected to see in that last Cowboys game. So I think that's what they're gonna want to show this week. And I think sometimes we see you know, Ethan brought up the run game, which I agree with Sometimes we see Terry kind of get locked down early on, So I think either get Terry going right away the pro bowler we're talking about, or if you don't get him going right away, get the other guys in that offense going right away.
Speaker 3: You know, we've been.
Speaker 4: Seeing Jamison Crowder and Alamedde's that key is making plays. So whoever it is, like I said, get it going, finish those.
Speaker 3: Drives, build up a huge lead.
Speaker 4: So then that way you can take the starters out by halftime and you know, have that sixth seed locked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm really curious about the running game specifically, not to harp on that too much, but it does seem like for whatever reason, this the you know, Brian Robinson and Chris Rodriguez, they the yard just have come a little bit more difficult for this for this team. So Ethan, since you brought it up first, I mean, how I mean, they're probably no.
Speaker 1: Easy solution for this, right, I mean it's week eighteen.
Speaker 2: Teams have already kind of picked up a lot of what of what you know the Commander's gonna do on the ground, But is there an easy fix to this? What do you think should be done to remedy this. Maybe you know this slog outside of Jayde Nanas rushing the football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, if there is an easy fix, I feel like I'd probably be on Cliff Kings very step. But I think just remaining committed to it. I think when you have such a dynamic quarterback and Jayden Daniels who can pretty much do everything on the football field, it's easy to want to put the.
Speaker 3: Ball in his hands every single play.
Speaker 5: And honestly, if they did that, I wouldn't necessarily blame them. But sometimes it takes five, six, seven carries early on for these running backs to get going. I mean, you talk to any running back, they'll say, it's so hard to get into rhythm when I have limited carries. And we've seen a lot of shuffling. We've seen Robinson come out, we've seen Rodriguez come in. We haven't really seen them remain fully committed to it, and sometimes it's a byproduct of the game script. Last week they went up from seven to nothing to down seventeen.
Speaker 3: It's kind of hard to stay with that.
Speaker 5: But against Dallas, a rushing defense, like I said, that's really struggled as of late.
Speaker 3: I think there's more room.
Speaker 5: To be patient and stay committed and kind of get these let these guys get going a little bit, and if you can, that could pay off in the third and fourth quarner when the Dallas defense is tired, they're on the field, Michael Parsons has his hands on his hips.
Speaker 3: That's when you can really strike.
Speaker 5: And I think if they're able to stay committed and do that, by the end of the game, they'll really start to get that running game going.
Speaker 2: And to that point, I think b Rob has shown that he's more of a volume carrier throughout his careers, and the more he gets more carrious, he gets as stronger he is as a rusher. I remember, like when I was in college, we had this play. It was just called power. It was really just a running back straight up the a gap. It was supposed to design to get only a couple of yards, but eventually it would get you know, two three one yards per like every four or five times running and all of a sudden, you go. So you go for sixty because eventually Devens get tired of that. And if you to that point, you have to stay committed to the run game. So Alex So we we'll flip over or to you before we answer me go to the last question here. You know, Ethan brought up Austin Eckler possibly coming back. He is in his twenty one day window for being placed on IR with the scary concussion that he that he took that he got in the last matchup against Dallas. You know, he seems like he's going to be on track to play. We don't know, you know, as of this recording, which is on Thursday. We'll see where he is. But Alex, like, I mean, how big do you specd like Austin's potential return, whether it's this week or maybe even next week, to really play into this running game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean he definitely has another dynamic to that running game because we know be Rob's skills set. You know, talk about how Chris Rodriguez and Jeremy McNichols have been able to make nice plays as well, but Austin really brings that aspect of the passing game and that speed on the offensive side of the ball. You know, there's been a lot of plays, probably several this year, where they dumped it off to him or handed it off to him, breaks off for twenty thirty yards and all of a sudden, you picked up a huge chunk downfield. So I think it would be massive if you get Austin Eckler back in there, just as a whole other dynamic to the offense. But again, you know, I'm also looking at the offensive line and the health situation there. You know, I brought up the Tennessee game before, and I think if you look at the tape, that was probably the Commander's best game in terms of run blocking. I mean, they were opening lanes and winning just about every matchup in that one. And that game, Cornelius Lucas started at right tackle. It obviously Tyler Biatis was that out there on the field. So both of them dealing with injuries as well, So I think that's another thing that's going to be key, you know, and also Andrew Wiley, you know, to have that rotation in there on the offensive line. So I think the offensive line needs to get healthy. And the good thing is they have this week before the playoffs to kind of do that, and ideally they get the offensive line back to full strength and Austin Eckler back on the field and they'll be ready to do it for that but like they said Dallas first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, absolutely right, and and I think Eckler's value just comes so because the shiftingness is I think I think he's one of the best parts of his skill set. And you know, it was funny whenever I was when Eckler first signed with this, I was really excited and in my roommate was like, why are you so excited about Austin Eckler being on this offense? And you see, like you know, the fleet flicker screen that they had against Baltimore, you see some of these other plays that he's had, And that's exactly why, because he adds like this this unpredictability to it to to this offense that I think it is really really benefited from. And I hope he gets to come back, whether this week or next week, we'll see. Seems to be on the right track with again, with concussions, he never really know for sure. So final question before we move on or update. You guys are still tied, So we'll come down to this last case we're gonna make here, and it has to do with the Pro Bowl. So we had commanded to have two Pro Bowlers for sure as primary players. We have Jay Daniels, Terry McLaurin, both of which who are having extremely successful years. Terry on his way to having a career year. Jade and Daniels put together, quietly one of the best rookie performances we've seen, maybe ever, you know, at least in this franchise history, maybe even in the last you know, twenty years or so, in terms of what he's able to do. But there are a lot of other players who are listed as alternates on the Commander's roster that did not get the primary votes. Here we have Bobby Wagner, Tyler aut Nick Bloor, Talabiatic, Luvu Tresway, Austin Eckler, Dante Fowler, Jeremy Reeves, Jeremy Chen and Zach Ertz. All these guys are alternates at varying degrees.
Speaker 1: So Alex, we'll start with.
Speaker 2: You here, and I want you to make the best case for which player deserves to be in the Pro Bowl of the of this list of alternates.
Speaker 3: So I have two if that's allowed.
Speaker 1: If that's allowed the judges, the judges have conferred, and it is.
Speaker 3: So allowed, it is allowed. Okay.
Speaker 4: On offense, I'm going Tyler Piatt. If we're just talking about him in the anchor in the middle of that line. You know, the offensive line has been much improved this season. He's been good in.
Speaker 3: The run blocking. He's been a.
Speaker 4: Rock for Jade and Daniels in the passing game right in front of him. You've just noticed the difference when Tyler Biadish is not on the field, the offense takes a huge step back when he is out there. Obviously been more like a well oiled machine. So I think he's for sure a pro bowler. And then Frankie Luvu from the gate, right out of the gate start of the season, he was all over the field if you heard his name everywhere. It's been like that most of the season. He's found a great home here with the Commanders. So I think he's incredibly deserving to be a pro bowler as well.
Speaker 2: Both guys have serious reverberating effects on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: They are just beyond it.
Speaker 2: Has been such a key piece for Jaden Louve obviously has been a stud in so many different ways, having a career as a pass rusher.
Speaker 1: All right, ethan same.
Speaker 2: Question, and since Alex get have two, you can also have two as well.
Speaker 5: Well, with Alex having two, he took mine on the second. Frankie Louhu, I'll just touch on that again. I don't want to steal your answer, but the fact that he didn't make it. He's been there everywhere for the Commander's defense. He should one thousand percent be a pro bowler. But I'll go on the.
Speaker 3: Defensive defensive side to start or continue.
Speaker 5: I guess Bobby Wagner another one hundred tackle season, just quietly. I think his thirteenth one hundred tackle season, tying London Fletcher. We saw that earlier this year. He is the rock of this defense. And entering the year, when Bobby Wagner signed here, everyone was like, oh, I mean, he's been playing in the league for ten plus years, won a Super Bowl, been All Pro Pro bowler almost every single year.
Speaker 3: Why would he come to Washington. He should be ring chasing.
Speaker 5: So to say, well, he comes here, this defense turns around for week one to the end, and a lot of it is him, his leadership, his ability. He's still playing at an elite level even in his early thirties. I think there's no reason he shouldn't be a Pro bowler alongside Franklin Lulu. Those two have, in my opinion, turned this defense around completely from what we saw at the beginning of the year, but also what we.
Speaker 3: Saw in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: And if you give me another one, I'll take another one, mister proposal.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Reeves, I think he should absolutely be a Pro Bowler special teamer.
Speaker 5: Ever since twenty twenty two, when he actually was a Pro Bowler and All Pro, he's really just taken that role in stride and done everything he could to be the best Pro Bowl gunner he could be.
Speaker 3: And last year, obviously he is the ACL.
Speaker 5: He misses most of the year, he comes back this year returns to the top of his game, one of the best at his position in the league, if not better. Every single time there's a punt return, he seems to be the one making the tackle then going to hype up the crowd at Northwest Stadium. I think he absolutely deserves another trip to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: All Pro Revo.
Speaker 2: I've been given that name for a reason, and I think, you know, him proposing to his to his girlfriend at the end of that Falcons game is just such a great, you know, way to end that that crazy night.
Speaker 1: You know, the work we're all up till about.
Speaker 2: One in the morning, and you know he's out here just you know, creating an even better moment for himself. He'll obviously never forget for a variety of reasons. Final decision here, this one was super tough. I feel like, uh, you know, we've become the Frankly the Frankie Loebu podcast recently. I feel like he's been brought up a few times of the last month or so, and deservedly so. Also with Hallibiatita. I think he's again his effects on the offensive line.
Speaker 1: He is clearly the leader.
Speaker 2: I Meank calls him badass because he is a badass and what he's able to call out the defense and help Jayden out. With that being said, man I cannot argue with the Hall of Famer and Bobby Wadner's influence on this d this team, his relationship with Jade, and his relationship with everybody on that on that team, he is a mentor to all these different guys. Uh so ethan first time on the podcast, First victory, Do you have any parting words for us before we hit our way out of here.
Speaker 3: That's a one hell of a streak right there.
Speaker 5: I'll have to come defend my crown another time, but no for seriously, thanks for having us.
Speaker 3: This was a ton of fun. It's been a lot of fun to cover this team this year.
Speaker 5: Back on the beat, so looking forward to the Sunday in Dallas and a playoff run that hopefully can go a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I certainly hope so.
Speaker 2: And you know who knows what the scene is gonna be between you know now and then with their sixty with their seven seed. Either way, this the season has been magical for so many different reasons, and I I really believe that Washington has a shot at beating any team that they go up against this year just because of their offense, where the defense has improved. They it's it's gonna it's gonna be something special, I think. And it's been a great start to Decuse tenure, great start to add in Peters tenure, both of which I think should be Coach and Executive of the Year candidates for what they've been able to do to turn this team around from going four and thirteen a year ago to being on the cause of winning twelve wins, tripling their win total in less than three hundred and sixty five days. That just is phenomenal. But again, guys, thank you so much for coming on. Really appreciate this has been great talking to you guys, And like Ethan Hope with the Commanders, will be celebrating a win with their twelve and five record, hopefully against the Dallas Cowboys, because it's always good to beat the Dallas Cowboys, no matter when it is, no matter what the situation requires.
Speaker 1: And we will be seeing you next week Trar the Playoff Push.
Speaker 2: How about that? Be sure to rate, review, subscribe wherever you get your podcast, and this has been the Beatdown