Speaker 1: Right now, let's take you to Cooper Tino. Katla's Rich Demiro joins us. You can find them on richontech dot tv. But Rich, this morning, we find you at the All Things Apple event.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning to Jennifer. Yes, I am overlooking the brand new Steve Jobs Theater here in Coopertino on the i'd say brand new Apple campus. We were here last year for the first inaugural event when they launched the iPhone ten. This place is just as beautiful, less manure smell this year because things have evolved a little bit. Last year, they were literally planting flowers as we were doing the event because this place was so brand new. But it's been about a year. But yes, today is the big day for the iPhone. Very exciting.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what is expected today to be released?
Speaker 2: Well, we're looking at I mean, there's been all rumors and speculation. I'm sure you've seen online. So at the best we can say is there's going to be three new devices. Okay, so let's call the first device the budget iPhone, which has a nice big six point one inch screen. It won't have the best display that's available from Apple, which is their O lead, but it will be a nice phone for a lot of people. Seven hundred and fifty dollars, so not necessarily budget when you think of the price. Then you have two other phones, and these will be sort of these successors to the iPhone ten. You've got the iPhone ten F which will be about the same size, but with improved specs obviously, and then you have the iPhone ten S Max is what we think they're going to be calling it, and that will have a big screen. So if you had an iPhone ten last year you thought the screen was a little bit too small for your taste, you wanted that kind of iPhone plus feel in the hand, this will be kind of the iPhone ten plus, but I guess they're changing it now to the Max. And by the way, that phone probably going to be over one thousand dollars, so we're looking at like maybe one thousand and fifty. And there will be some new colors, including gold. So that's kind of the basics of what we're expecting here today. Of course, there could be other surprises.
Speaker 1: Okay, are we expecting like Beats products or headsets or you know, I don't know, earbuds kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Today I feel like Beats is sort of withering on the vine for Apple because we're not hearing many announcements from that brand. But I think we will see possibly new air pods, maybe in AirPods two that has a wireless charging case that you can put on a wireless charger, along with maybe some more sweat and water resistance and just improved generally. Maybe that air Power wireless charging dock that they showed off last year, Jennifer, but that has been majorly delayed in production. It's been quite the technical difficulty for this company to make that thing. But this is sort of a little plate that you can just lay your iPhone and your headphones and your watch on and it would charge all those things no matter how you lay them on there. That's really tough to make.
Speaker 1: You know, as these phones get bigger, they've got to get heavier too. Is that ever becoming a thing? I mean, I know that on one hand, people were going, shoot, at some point, when's the thing not going to fit into my pocket? But at what point is it also going to drag your pants down when you put it in there because it's gotten so heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting you say that, because there was this trend a couple of years ago, fintin thin, thin, thin at all, you know, no matter what, you had to make these phones thinner every year, and it was coming at the expense of the battery and some of the features and the headphone jacks. And now we're seeing this where people don't necessarily care as much. So we're actually hearing some rumors that these phones might be a little bit heavier than last year's devices, and people are saying, I'm fine with that because I'd rather have a bigger battery and I don't mind being waied down. And these things are still pretty pretty lightweight when you think about what they're doing. But I agree, when you get into those big plus size phones or the Max whatever they're going to be calling it, they do weigh you down a little bit. And for a man, it's tough to keep in your pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly so. And also, what about the upgrade? Is there any way to save when you go to upgrade? If you're somebody who I know John and Alex Bolt, we're saying this morning that they are ready to do it. They're so excited for these phones to come out today. They want to go and get those upgrades. Asap. Is there a way to save on that or is it just going to be You're gonna have to plunk down the money no matter what.
Speaker 2: No, No. The beauty of the iPhone is that it does not lose much value over the year. So I find myself I always sell my wife's old phone when I get the new one for her when it comes out, and it's amazing how much the old phone still sells for the Apple devices hold their value better than any cell phone out there. So that's the good news. Now, of course, it's not going to be You're not going to sell it for one hundred dollars less than you paid. You know, it might be half priced whatever. But the reality is the best way to do it don't take the carrier trade. And I know that's the easiest thing to do because you're at the carrier and it's so simple, but they always lowball you there. So the best thing you can do is sell it to a friend on Facebook. So put a notice out right now, Hey, I'm selling my old iPhone. Here's a specs, here's the carrier, and I guarantee you one of your friends on Facebook, someone in your network will buy that from you. Forecast it will be for a good deal. If you can't do that, go to a website like flipse dot com. They will do a price comparison of all the various places that will buy it from you. But just be careful because if you're not selling it to the carrier, which I know is very easy, but they do take, you know, a little bit more from you. You have to be careful when you're selling it to like sort of a third party because you want to wipe all your data and you want to be sure that the person is legit on the other end.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I was thinking. And what's the best way to wipe your data?
Speaker 2: You got to go to settings and you want to erase all content, So everything on there you want to erase. And I know some folks are saying that you have to kind of sign out from find my iPhone. I don't find that you need to do that. As long as you find you know, do that and you put in your iCloud password before you reset your phone. It should be linked that phone from your account and you should be good to go. But you definitely want to wipe everything and do a backup obviously before you do any of that stuff. Yeah, yeah, that way you can put your data on your new device.
Speaker 1: All right, Rich, Well, I look forward to the big unveiled today, to finding out what is actually there, see what you know, if any surprises there happen to be And no, I'm sure we'll be talking to you soon because we'll want an update.
Speaker 2: And I've got behind the scenes on my Instagram and doing Instagram stories this morning, Jennifer at rich on Tech On Instagram you can follow along and I'll be posting on Twitter. Obviously. This is fun no matter what, even if you think you know everything that's going to be unveiled here, it's still really fun to be up here and cover this.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely. I just wish I could see the campus, so give us lots of pictures of that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they won't allow me here tomorrow, just today, one day only, kick me out.
Speaker 1: They'll follow you on Instagram and be like he needs to go, thanks, Rich all right, see you later. That is KTLA's Rich Demiro. You can follow him on rich on Tech dot tv and then of course follow him on Instagram and Twitter. And yeah, he's already posting pictures. So if you just want to see what the campus looks like overall, And I know Silicon Valley, I know all the hype that surrounds it and everything, but these facilities are cool in the sense of they're just unlike anything you've ever seen before, and who comes up with these designs? And yeah, I know that they're usually pretty ridiculous and extravagant, but it's still cool just to see them.