Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hipcat alongside Jamana Bassecci joining us now has been big a reporter to clomber Lay. Good morning, Happy Friday, Ryan Mattil. Share is still climbing this on the back of tensions though in Europe and more of these drone sightings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely so, round Matab, but then also other defense stocks like SAB and Leonardo were up this morning on the back of those growing tensions in Europe and what also looks like to be kind of an expansion of those tensions more and more towards Western Europe. So you mentioned those drone sightings that led to flight suspensions at Munich Airport, and we've seen more and more of those drone incursions lately in Europe. There were also other stories today that kind of show this ramping up of tensions. Poland ordered a Russian ship to leave its water after the ship was found to be very close to gas pipeline and Zelenski said that he expects Ukraine to be able to secure those longer range weapons from the US to counter Russian airstrikes. And Putin warned that the supply of those kinds of missiles to Ukraine would mean a new stage of escalation in relations between Russia and the US. So, of course, when there is that rising hostility, shares and defense companies tend to move in tandem with that. So that's what's really been driving that industry this morning, and.
Speaker 3: A major deal in Europe, Lagran announcing it.
Speaker 2: What do we know and how are the electric device makers shares reacting today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Lagran a record high this morning after announcing a big acquisition over in the US yesterday last night. So Lagron is a French company and it makes electrical cooling equipment for data centers, and it has really been benefiting from the AI boom because there's this demand for key infrastructure for those data centers and it's been really pursuing this through an M and A strategy. And this latest deal is quite a bit bigger than the previous ones. So it bought a company called Aftron Power Solutions in a deal that is worth one point one billion dollars enterprise value, and that will really expand its presence in the region and in those energy are related a solution. So Aftron is expected to generate nearly three hundred and fifty million dollars in revenue in twenty twenty five, so it's quite a big company. And Lagron has been trying to expand in what is called so called data center gray space, so that is essentially the back end infrastructure. Unless I've said that this will be done through M and A. So this will be really boosting this outlook for Lagron going forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an interesting company. And they make like sockets and circuit breakers and solar panels I mean in the past for hotels and offices and things, but obviously the data center stuffs.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, that's what we're really driving everything.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, that's not fascinating, right. What about Ray Pherson, the EU lifting sanctions on a Russian oligarch, Just tell us about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's a bit of a complicated story. So essentially, Refersenter is up this morning because it's getting it's going to get some compensation. So the FTY reported that the EU is preparing to lift sanctions on assets linked to Russian oligarch called olig Dery Pasca, and that is in order to compensate rifercent for damages it had to pay in Russia. So the plan is to unfreeze shares worth about two billion euros in Strabag, which is an Austrian construction company that was once owned by Derek Pasca, and then the assets then would fall to the bank and compensate it for a two billion eurofine it paid after a Russian court that ruled in favor of a business linked dery Pasca. So there is quite a lot of moving parts here, but this is really driving the shares and it does have consequences beyond that boost to Ryfersen. So some European officials are worrying that the move would kind of legitimize efforts from oligarchs to circumvent EU sanctions against Russia and really really embold in Russian courts that are retaliating against those sanctions by ordering the confiscation of Western assets. So it's definitely sorry to follow.
Speaker 2: The stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.