Speaker 1: Come up and get loud podcast. Oh, we're debating Lebron's son if he should go to the NBA. Not really No, Also a massive debate on TSA pre check this guy talking.
Speaker 2: And what about that totally clip? She Oh, I'm told these are good for thumbnails. Hey, wow, it's to get podcast. All I can do is hear you. I can't see you. I think it sounds like you, bro, but I can't see you. These things are dark. No, no, listen. I feel like a vocan. I feel like I'm on the starship Enterprise, like Spock or something like. Like at the end of the day. You know, I'm a big scrunting me guy right here. So you know, I love solo clips and things like this. But these glasses, my friend, like you pream nothing like. But then I see other people get out their car and they look up with regular glasses. Now I know why they go blind.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, do yourself a favorite?
Speaker 2: Do not? Where do these in drive?
Speaker 3: Although I was gonna say, you know what, maybe they'll turn out the popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're looking in the sun, just go off into the distance.
Speaker 2: That would not be good for the workforce out of the economy. Man. I'm just telling you that I'm gonna have to take these off as much as I love these clips, and I can't wait for it, you know, at the end of the day. It's one of those things where when people say, make sure you have the right glasses. Yes, you need to understand how dark and you cannot see through these glasses, especially if you right there in the trail of totality, Like that mean you're gonna get at least eighty five percent of the eclipse, which we are. We should be right at eighty nine percent, but we really need to be in Indianapolis to get one hundred percent. And these are the things you wait for. Like I always liked the last eclipse. I remember I was on the highway, Okay, and it just went dark, and everybody still pulling over and all us look looking in this scry no glasses. I even took pictures of it. So that's why I want to make sure it was safe. The first thing I did was stick my phone out of the sun roof and I took the picture like that, did you? Yeah? Trying to you know, because I wanted the visual of it, but I also want to be able to see next Thursday.
Speaker 1: So there's some people, they don't care about this. Like my friend Jen I was telling you guys on the show. She is an actual rocket signist in Nassa. She in Cleveland right now because that's one of the best places to see the eclipse.
Speaker 3: She's hardcore.
Speaker 2: No, no, how could you be a human being living on Earth? Yes, and not be fascinating because you gotta realize back in like the sixteen hundreds, imagine this happening. This was amazing. Imagine like walking in the middle of the day and it's out. So don't you think they thought it was the end of the world. Yes, like it's over baby. Like these things they take for granted now that we scientifically know what they are, but looking through the view of somebody else, this had to be very religious. Yes, at this time, especially with the Mayan calendar and them tracking this stuff like, hey, the clip supposed to be today, the clips happened, Oh over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it reminds me this old like Seinfeld clip when he was a comedian before the show and he was talking right, because.
Speaker 3: Remember the space shuttle first became a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the world would stop, classroom stopped and be like, we're gonna watch the space Shuttle go into space and then ten years on.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was whatever, yeah, de because it is on to the new technology exactly. Like once we know something, we want to know what's next. Yes, right, So we don't want to see clips of our sun and moon. We want to see a clipse of a three three sun star system. Yeah, like we want to see something different. And this is what is all about. So what you this weekend?
Speaker 3: Before we get into a little football, we had a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Oh I watched basketball, basketball, basketball, yall, Me and my girls, my daughters, they love college basketball. So listen college women's college basketball. No joke. I think it was fourteen million watched the game, the Final Four that blew away every sports thing besides the NFL, Right, Like, that's more than the NBA Championship. They're more than the golf. There's more than all of that. In Kaitlyn Clark not only is a true clone of Steph Curry because Steph Curry changed basketball, not pro basketball, he changed basketball. She's doing the same thing. She is. Must see and to watch her fight off Gilia from South Carolina. They were just throwing bodies at their bodies, at the bodies at and she just kept on shooting. I was like, she's like John Snow at the Battle of the Bastards, Like she just regardless of her knowing there's no chance for me to win, fight back, back back. I respect that, Caitlyn Clark, you are a gilt.
Speaker 3: She's awesome.
Speaker 1: And also full credit to Don Stailey because what she's done. Because remember forever it was Tennessee, Yukon, Tennessee Yukonna. Now we're seeing the power dynamic shift where it's South Carolina is the.
Speaker 2: Dynasty, right, And guess what they had the numbers, like she kept throwing bodies at like the reason I would lost their game. I had the best player, but they had the best No death, South Carolin. Yeah, South Carolina had the best team. You talking about thirty six points off the bench compared to No. One zero. Like that tells you the best players never win championship. The best teams do. Michael Jordan was the best player, but he didn't win until he got the best team and the best coach.
Speaker 1: So everything has to be just right. I'll tell you what I did on Saturday. I went to the Nats Phillies game. But I gotta tell you, man, yes they teach these Philly kids, like, as soon as they come out.
Speaker 2: Of the womb, what happens?
Speaker 1: Mack talk to me because these two I'm sitting there, me the lovely caater, my girl. It's the Nats, Phillies. The Nats are terrible. We know that it's a regular season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Bryce turned his back on ers. Bryce then he stepped up in Philly like I've been a Philly fan my whole life, Philly, you know what I'm saying. How about so it's a love hate relationship there.
Speaker 1: Yes, these two kids, they must have been like eight ninety two boys next to their parents, and they were talking so much smack, like trying to engage me and my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not smack with kids. You're like, I bet Bryce Herber hits three home rustled day. I bet he hits I bet he's more home rusting day. And he turned Now this was Roster.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, dude, am I gonna have to hear this shipperish, this nonsense.
Speaker 3: And finally I looked at Katherine.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, these guys had a little more beer. And then finally they.
Speaker 2: Chilled out the most obnoxious unruly. Uh when I say Philly fans. It got to the point I never forget my first ever Philadelphia game in the vet, Oh the vet, the vet. Oh yeah, you know. They were like, yeah, man, it's a jail house at the bottom of it, like at a stadium. They're like, yes, it's a right a pass real jail. Yes, And they say most Philly fans don't consider they see a Philly fan until they spend the night there. Did date there, Like it's a right of passage alright. So I'm like, oh my god. So then they tell me. I'm like, yeah, man, I need a couple of tickets for the Philly games. They're like, no, yeah, don't ever invite any Washington fans to Philadelphia. I'm like, what are y'all talking about? Mid waves? Through the first game there, it's to speak bra in the stands. And that's when one of my teammates turned me in and said, this why you don't bring any fans to feel it death for you? So yes, I understand what you went through. And guess what, my god, he can't wait them two kids can't wait to see you again because they will remember you and they will talk trash you. Again. As soon as a young boy is born.
Speaker 1: The dad says, ah, Jack Prescott sought Jack prest got soft.
Speaker 2: You hear us, My god, you can never like Sonny Jerkson. I'm surprised. I'm surprised. Like the two kids didn't like spit gum in the back of your hair, and they dad will be like, yes, and a report card right there. I'm bringing you back to the Nationals game.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about we're talking about college basketball on the men's side. Yeah, tonight, we get you kind of produced. But Lebron James's son, Brownie.
Speaker 2: Lebanese James, has decided he will declare, declare what he's now.
Speaker 1: He's still maintaining his eligibility in the poor but he is declared for the NBA JIB.
Speaker 2: What is he doing name alone? This has nothing to do with it. This is like being named Walt Disney Jr. The third Like this is let's be honest, five points a game don't get you into nobody's league.
Speaker 1: And he's not even projecting as something. He's just not a guy right now.
Speaker 2: No, he's not like at what Like That's why I love football, even though we have kids like we see Marvin Harrison Junior come out this year like it's like ten sons of pros coming out this year in right, they're giving nothing. Marvin Harrison Jr. Earned that, not his daddy. He's not riding his daddy Mack. Like right now, if we had Joe montowna junior at No. To Day, if he never starts a place we don't care about exactly, you be like you're not You're that, that's okay, that's okay, that's okay, just like Joe Ah from No to Day his daddy John. We don't talk about Jim because Joe has done his job right, Like Joe has showed us, I am a player. Forget what my dad did. I'm just go pick up where the old man left off. But this Lebron Jame thing, if he gets in this NBA, and we know how hard it is to get drafted in the NBA, Yeah, this is beyond politics. This is brother in low ball at his finest. YEP, Now he go to the thing. Whoever drafts him know they have an eighty percent chance of having Lebron James on their team next year. So is that more of a bargainingship than it is you earn this like somebody wants to sell tickets. Charlotte. Right, if Charlotte said, you know what, We're going to draft Brunnie James, have him back up lamelow Ball and we get Lebron James.
Speaker 3: Well, and this is where it's tricky too. When do you draft Ronnie?
Speaker 1: Because a second round he doesn't matter, but a first round pick in the NBA.
Speaker 2: But see, guess what when they tell him if you get picked, it gonna be in the second I think he going back to school.
Speaker 1: Well, and also how many teams will Lebron actually want to play for now? He says he wants to stay with the Lakers, but is he gonna he's he's still now he wants to play with.
Speaker 2: This outher but he's gonna want to win. No, he listen, Lebron is at what we call mogul status now he is. He's a legacy guy. Yes, he wants to win championship, but he also want to have that Ken Griffy Junior, Ken Griffy Senior. Are they the only two to play? No, Barry Buns and his daddy played together. So we got Barry Buns Senior, Barry Buns Junior. We got Ken Griffy, those who played against each other, I mean played with each other. We've never had in the NFL, are the NBA. This happened.
Speaker 3: So but does bron going to the Raptors to play lebron if you have to.
Speaker 2: If he got to go to Portland, he's gone. If you got to go to Utah the Smiths, he's gone. It does it? It doesn't matter right, He's gonna go where his son is.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Jesus, Okay, would you really want to play by with your daddy? No, thank you. I want to go out and my daddy is on my team. You know what he needs to do.
Speaker 1: Bronni needs to transfer to like Kent State, Miami and Ohio, get his game together, work on his game, and forge his own path because.
Speaker 2: If he leaves now, his game is not ready. He's not ready now. And guess what the rest of the players in the NBA are gonna be saying, you ain't earn this. So they're gonna really be at him, like they're gonna be at him in a way that only athletes staying understand, Like, dude, you ain't even supposed to be here.
Speaker 3: You're taking a roster spot for someone about.
Speaker 2: Somebody been in the G League or somebody been trying to get in him five years and now you get here not because of your game, because of your name. And also are we trying to win? Are we just trying to sell takes to make money? You can't tell the rest of the player we trying to win and you're drafting him with the UH pick in the draft. Yeah, let's just say the Wizards. Okay, you know they did it with Michael Jordan here, and we might have with a lottery piat.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you give up on someone, if you choose Browny before someone who ends up becoming a ten year star in this league, in the NBA, yeah, however long it is an All star, a contributor. But you decided for a couple of years you wanted Lebron to come play for you, but you set back your franchise.
Speaker 2: You can't do it. You can't do it because then it's just showing favorites. It's like like Michael Jordan's sons, they just looked at their dad and say, you know what we just done the same time a CP. I'm not I'm a lawyer, man, I'm not No, I would have been like, I'm finna be there. Jordan third, like I'm finish impossible? Why not? Why not go for it? Like I respect Brunnie for it, But it's by time we saved the truth. You should have gave his ain't right to his sickend son because his second son already sees five. Yes, it's okay.
Speaker 1: There's there's zero shame in not being as good or comparable as arguably the greatest player of all time.
Speaker 2: Or I'm about to say Lebron has all the records. He is the goat of his generation. All right, So if my dad is to go, how much father can I go? You can't. You can't, So you do You don't ever feel like the son of a great player could beat his daddy greatness.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on how great his father was.
Speaker 2: When you're talking.
Speaker 1: About AIX with APEX, what are the chances that another I mean, I mean, you could choose anyone son or not, and it's hard to eclipse one of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 2: The law percentages is against you now when you're talking about greatness, because I've seen guys that come out and they're like dynamic player, they're very good, and then they have a son that takes it to the next level, right like Dale Curry very good.
Speaker 3: He ain't Steph that's true, but Dell also joined his prime.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have been shocked if I told you some day someone will come along who's better than Del kurrk very good player.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be shocked, right right right? Yeah, what I'm saying, So we had good players have son that become great. But have we ever had a great that had a great I don't think like do my I know Mike Tyson should have had like some kids out here, does Mike Tyson Jr. Because we didn't have Muhammad Ali his daughter dried in his footsteps. But have we really had a great? Because I think Ken Griffith Senior was great and his son was better. And Barry Bonds Jr. Klay Thompson better than Michael Thompson.
Speaker 1: But during his heyday, Michael Thompson was a champion, but later he wasn't a He wasn't a Magic John's No, not even close.
Speaker 2: So that what I'm saying, we had a Magic Johnson junior. Have we had a Carmelone junior? Have we had like great on top of great, have two we now that I think about it, Marvin Harrison was great, Hall of Fame, but even then the bar is crazy. I I'm just saying, Marvin Harrison's senior, who I played against, is great. Consider it no greatness that's his son has a chance to beat it, because I think we're looking at it in our face.
Speaker 3: Right as possible. That is an actual possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if anybody can do it, I think didn't. One could pick up with a dad and left officer and know what I'm gonna have like fifty more yards than you.
Speaker 1: It's so rare. Yeah, but it does have place the bills here. Let's talk about Honda.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 1: You have to explore these sophisticated, sleek look of this Yierv Hybrid and the Cord Hybrid, Honda's most powerful electrified vehicles yet conquer the unpaved road in one of Honda's rugged esuvs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most capable suv ever or guys experienced the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda.
Speaker 3: Civic with an available turbo charged engine.
Speaker 1: Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda find a Honda proper for use here local Washington area Hunt of Dealers Today and our guys at Recycle Track Systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. BAM visit rts dot com to learn more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly.
Speaker 2: See this is why we bought tixis to the sec to. We brought y'all to raise the academics, you know, between y'all and VANDABIL, you know, to make sure all restless can go out there and play sport.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna have a debate. We're gonna hand out some advice here. Yeah, we've been through relationships.
Speaker 2: We've seen some things. I've won and I've lost. I've married and I've been divorced, and I've seen it all. I'm the same way, all right, So it ain't no quitt huh. So you've probably seeing threads like this on Reddit.
Speaker 1: AI t A am I the you can figure out, but so am I the butt?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this is a guy and he's talking about how it's a very long, very well explained situation. Situation is getting out there, and he's saying, look, I have TSA pre check.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do too, so do I. Yeah. He travels all the time for work on a red air basis.
Speaker 3: His partner, his girl does not have.
Speaker 2: TSA pre but her own choice, her own choice. She thinks it's too much of a hassle to get it, so till she gets to the airport.
Speaker 3: Then they get to the airport and he said, do you mind if I go to TSA pre check?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And she said not a problem until first of all, JINX, When is when a woman says it's not a problem. You know, it's two sides of it, Come on right, One is a tiss and one is I really don't have a problem. How is me? And do we suppose to know the difference?
Speaker 3: The different and did you just got to tell me what you're thinking?
Speaker 2: That's it? They won't the test. I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm not it's early. I'm not an airport. I'm enough for a test. I'm just trying to get through security.
Speaker 2: When she say, not a problem. She takes her homegirl right now, let's see what he's about to do. It's like, we got a problem. I'm like, what I thought you said, this wasn't a problem.
Speaker 1: I thought everything was fine and too us not until well, so he gets through.
Speaker 2: She's angry. It takes so long, so she's mad.
Speaker 1: So now she on a regular basis, according to him, tells her friends she was abandoned at the airport.
Speaker 2: She just went to.
Speaker 1: So he's saying, I think I have earned the right if we go to the airport because she doesn't want tsa pre check and I try. I think I've earned the right to go through pre check on my own and then we meet up when we're done. But she feels as if this is unfair and that she's being abandoned. So, Fred, based on your personal experience, who's right here?
Speaker 2: The man is right. I think you're right in this situation because he said in the writing that we've done this multiple times, and times I've stayed back with her. Yeah, in times the airport had said no, you gotta pre check, we need you get in this line because this line is too long, and that if they traveled multiple times cause I only look at what the facts are, right, she had multiple chances to get this PreCheck done. She's using this, She's weaponizing this, Like, not only is she weaponizing this, she is the highest maintenance of the high maintenance. I didn't learned. I hadn't earned and owned a couple of luxury cars. Okay they are high maintenance. Yes, the maintenance on the cost thousands. When I could take my pickup truck to auto port store right and get that thing done for eighty dollars. So I learned, like, you know what, I need to back up off of these high maintenance things and go with the easy going thing. And right now, Jinks, the things she's shown us is she won't things her way right right. See, when you get in a relationship, it's fifty to fifty until it's time to make deciise in theory, in theory. Now, if it's truly fifty fifty and we in this thing together, don't you think it's worth both of us moving through the airport expeditiously. Yeah, through TSA. Well, I already got mine. All we gotta do is get yours. Yeah, she is standing firm. I'm not going to get it. She's saying I'm not going to get it because she wants to test you. Every time you show up at an airport and see if that was me, I would be speedy gunning zales running through the airport hurts commercial. I'm there all right. I'm going to be waiting at the bar by the gate with a drinker already for you, because that's the kind of guy you are. That's a stand up. I'm gonna head an umbrella in it. I'm probably been there for forty five minutes. I'll be talking to somebody else. Oh yeah, look at my girl. She's but I love them, right, But why are you here so early, sir? I got pre checked my girl, don't, she refuses to like. The option for her to get this is always open, Jens, Yes, but she refused to get it because she wants to make a point. Yes, and for two things here.
Speaker 1: First of all is don't play a game like I'm going to test him. You have a much more successful relationship on both sides if you're just honest about where you're standing. Because if you're playing games like this in the mind of a relationship, then do I trust what you say?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't need this unnecessary drama. I would rather say, you know what, would you mind just staying with me? I'd rather you say that than to give me some sort of test that I knowing to fail no matter what.
Speaker 2: Thank you. If this man, if it's like a group of people that say, you know what, this is a bad man, I don't know what we can do because I don't think this is a bad dude. He asked the question. Yeah, and I'm telling him now, you're not wrong, You're not wrong. What can make this so easy for her to get TSA check pre check simple. She just needs to go down and get it. It'll take you twenty minutes. She won't get it done because it's too much like right. Bet three six five most Definitely Get Loud Podcasts is brought to you by Bet three sixty five, official sports bet partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on the range NFL markets With the Bet three sixty five app, craft your own personalized bet, slips and parlays excess thousands of games with live screaming, place your bet before the match, doing the game. It's up to you. Download the Bet three six five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem colletics one eight hundred, Gambler and mw aa. We don't travel to the escape life. We travel, so life don't escape us. All we have to do is dream of any place in the world, and in the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to dou this international apt let your imagination, saw a book, your adventure Today, fly it, I mean at fly dullis dot com slash non stop. Question, are they gonna be any flights in the sky at two thirty today doing the eclipse? Can't be? Well, they fly at night already, Dan, Yes, there can be. They can't like ground all air traffic. I guess you're right, they fly. And I was thinking about that why I was weaning it like at two thirty it's just gonna go dark and and and they'll just have to adjust it, turn on the lights on the plane. I guess. I'm sure. Yeah, you know, what what would it effect? What? What wouldn't what major thing in the world with a solar eclipse?
Speaker 1: This is gonna be a weird answer, but I would just be curious if that process affects the gauges and instruments in the plane, because it's such an abnormal process to happen at the same time.
Speaker 2: Probably not. I guess maybe they don't think of the confuses. Maybe animals like an'll be out there like it's noon time. Oh my god, I feel like a nocturnal animal, like owl. Somebody that only comes out at night will be like this a little too early. But let me get on out here. Like, I just wonder what process does its side track?
Speaker 1: Yes, what I'm saying, No, that's a good question. You know what we actually asked football to talk about.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 2: Got some stuff off our chest though.
Speaker 1: Marcus Mariotta is gonna be the first quarterback ever to wear zero. Commanders released the new acquisitions, free agents, assignees and their jersey numbers.
Speaker 3: Some familiar ones on there, but I didn't see this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah zero zero zero.
Speaker 3: You know what do you feel about zero?
Speaker 2: If I was a corner? Yeah, zero is a perfect number because that's how many catches you're gonna get. Zero. Every time a quarterback looked like me, I just pointed him and be like zero, right, now it's a quarterback. How many completions you got? Zero? I don't want I don't want it. I don't know, but I wonder, because we're starting to run out of numbers between retired and just the fact that the numbers are they're dwindling. Would I get to wear in a half like one slash two?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Could I wear in a half? I think if anyone should, it should definitely because you remember Lippenny and then he had like oh and a half, So I wish I could have been the first corner to where in a half it's coming one of these days. In a half, it's gonna be my favorite player. Like at the end of the day when you step out there with that that one slash two, I ain't even a full number. I'm half of a number in a half. So I just think the numbers going because I don't ever see nobody wearing one hundred. Oh no, I don't want to see it one on one. Nobody wants to see that. Come on, we're talking like this's just five. It's gonna happen to something, this fast track, this thing seventy five years, it'll happen that I'll be like, what two thousand and one hundred guys will be wearing a mooji.
Speaker 1: La.
Speaker 2: The number probably be fluently changed.
Speaker 3: And like this, this guy is the first picture to ever wear the poop a mojor.
Speaker 2: You've never seen that. Say he stinks, and he stinks, but throwing that dragon fire. That's how that numbers. I think they will grow as we grow, They will grow and we will see some strange things in two thousand and one hundred.
Speaker 1: Are there certain numbers that you automatically associate with a certain player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like twenty one is associated with D. It started with DA and then Sean Taylor, and of course I would d unhanded me to Jersey because people don't know what my first four days here practicing, I WoT twenty three. Nobody's really ever saw twenty three. D twenty three for a long time. Yeah. D Howll loves twenty three, and the say I'm finna retire. He was like, here go my locker, he go my number, he go my jersey, I mean, go everything. Just set it out for me. So twenty one has always to me, now that it's been some my offensive player that had grown it, there's higher one heisman in it, like a lot of guys wore it. But if I say twenty one, people gonna get up and say, Dione Sanders. Yes, all right, So I think twelve. When you say twelve, it's quarterbacks. It's just quarterback number all day long. And Tom Brady kind of took it to the next level, like you got god the twelve is that Rtney, I mean, random cunning head that twelve. You know, it's just one of those numbers. It just feels like a quarterback. It feels like a quarterback number when I see the number one. Who comes to mind when you hear the number one?
Speaker 3: When you see Warren Moons?
Speaker 2: Why were they not that Houston jersey? Were they not the all the jerseys the best jerseys in football? Yes, it's something about baby blue, because North Carolina football jerseys like their baby blue hits a different way that like even the Chargers like the Charges put on their baby blue and I'd be like, oh, that paddle blue son. It's just something about it. I don't know if because it looked like the sky this is refreshing, but it's a very warm, inviting color. Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety nine, Wayne Gretzky, I think three one SAP.
Speaker 2: I think one SAP with ninety nine two. But yeah, you're right, twenty three is one person. Twenty three is one person in this world, and this month that's Michael Jordan. Uh. I think of eight, I think of Kobe Yep. You know. So it's it's it's certain numbers tied to certain guys, and I don't think that'll ever change. Even thirty four. And this player gonna blow your mind. When I think of the number thirty four, I think of Bo Jackson. Oh d okay, I thought Earl Campbell, but also Walter Payton, Yes, Walter Payton. Now I think I was a good one though. I remember getting up on a Saturday morning fixing like the biggest bowl of Cyrial you have ever seen, bring that paddle, milk owned baby making the biggest bowl of Syria. And I would watch this cartoon that had Michael Jordan, Wayne Gritzky, and Bo Jackson. Do you not remember that car? I don't know. This was the cartoon that had they were just great players and they were just I was like, how they writing this cartoon, Like how much can Michael Jordan, Rayne Griskin, Bo Jackson go oud and do together? But it was a great cartoon. I think you need to google it when we get out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I always think about when I think of fifty six. Oh it ain't but one fifty six l L LT. I'm sorry you say fifty six. You know you say LT.
Speaker 3: That's why I would have put that out most definitely.
Speaker 2: Like this, this hands down one of the things like that goals with the game. Yes, yes, most.
Speaker 3: Every now and then I'll just pull up some LT highlights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like watch somebody just absolutely just viciously like viciously hurt people like viciously hurt people. Indian go party and take on the world, like listen, life, party all night and then come back and dominate them. That's what it is. Some guys love to own the field and the off the field. True. Yep.
Speaker 1: So right now it's the off season here, Yeah, but we're there is some great stories come out here and ashburn about dan Quinn about talking to different players and how he sat everyone down in a meeting room and said, all right, if you're sitting where you are, that you get up and see somewhere else. Systems, get to know your teammates. You could end up meeting your best friend and also warning this together, let's get out of which is natural, right, Let's get out of bad habits. Yeah, let's get out of these little clicks and let's get to know the whole. Yeah, the entire team. And I really love that. Which may sound very simple, but these are little team building things.
Speaker 2: That go a long way. When you micro manage the right way, you get what you want in totality. What he's trying to say is, guys, it's probably like twenty of y'all left from the last ragime. It's more new guys than old guys. Yeah, I need y'all to become one. Ain't no new and old. It's just now walking in the building today, it was just riding up here. Don't worry about a month, don't worry about last month. Worry about the next twenty four hours each day that you can control. The messaging is different in the building. He's telling them Pro bowlers do not win Super Bowls. The best team wins Super Bowl and that's why the best team usually have more Pro Bowlers. Until we become a team and stop playing individualsly, we will never reach the pinnacle with trying to reach So get up out of that seat that you've been setting in the last three years that had mounted to nothing, and go get in a new seat and talk to a new partner in a new friend. Because even when coach Gibbs, I loved thinking about even though he was so offensively heavy, he was always around us, but we was always mixing in with each other. We didn't care if you played offensive defense, a special team. We was a team, yeah, and as long as you got there, you have a chance. So I like what he's building. You can't never build a roof of the house until you build a flow first. Well guess what we lay in this foundation with concrete. It got some stay in power. And I love to swear that, Trustway told him.
Speaker 1: He said that he texted Dad Quin after he was hired and then went up to his office, and trust said, we talked maybe for about three or four minutes about football, but the rest of the time we just got to know each other.
Speaker 2: And that's how you really start to connect with someone. Man. That's how you do it as a coach. Because when we in here on the outside of this building, we only glorified for our talent and what we do. Nobody ever takes time and say I want to know the person, like your boss at everyday jobs don't actually want to know the person, but we spend so much time together. If you don't want to know the person, you're still gonna get to know the person, right. So it's great when the coach look you in the face, like, coach, give deal with us. I care about more than the player. I care about the person and what happened to you afterwards.
Speaker 1: Have you been in a situation I'm sure you have, or what is the situation which you met someone new in the locker room you played with and you didn't anticipate, You had an idea of maybe what they were about, but then you got to know them and you were like, what a surprise, and now we really connect.
Speaker 2: Shun Springs, Oh Blue the best listen listen. I found his our meeting first of all was so like crazy, it's the off season, just like this quiet in the building. I don't really go home that much in off season. If I did, I come right back. I'm getting out the shower, I mean a steam room looking chisel and we signing free agents. But Sean was one of the first, so he walked. They showing him in the locker room. They trying to show in the building. So I walk in. Of course I'm sitting. He see my name play. He's like what else? I don't don't. I don't know who he is yet. He's like, what up. I'm strings. I'm like, oh what up? Man. He's like, it's a pleasure for you to be my side kick. Can't wait to play with you. So I'm looking I'm looking nobody in the locker room but me and him. I'm looking around, like, who is this dude talking to what? He like, Listen, I ain't no batman without robbing, I said, I said you. I'm like, I just met you ten minutes ago. He's like, yeah, man, me and you're gonna be tight. We was tight. I love that every since them, So I love people to be them. Yeah yeah. I don't want you to come in here and show me your representative. Like the one thing about him, he has no representative, Like what you get is what you see. So when I met him, I like, you really epitify the Ohio State man, Like you're really.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, don't get oh yes, he loves it.
Speaker 2: He was like, yes, you're right. He was like in U s U and I like this dude right here. He's just no respect for people. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Sean is extremely likable for the first time.
Speaker 2: You meet him. But you were like, oh, he will catch you off going yes, because he'll say something clearly like yeah, man, I mean you could be friends, but you're not that attractives, so I most definitely help you out anyway. I came and I'd be like, this dude.
Speaker 1: I remember when I first started working Sean years ago and he said something were just very subtle and it's always very so and he said something like, hey, man, I'm excited to carry you.
Speaker 2: And I was like, and it was show.
Speaker 3: Was like he was like joining TV for the first time.
Speaker 2: And I was like, all right, you know.
Speaker 3: I remember something like that, and I was like, but then he started laughing, and.
Speaker 2: His intros are cranz No. No, he would tell players if he didn't really like it, just tell him straight up, I'll mess with you. No, we ain't got nothing coming like, that's who he was. I appreciate truth. I appreciate the truth. Man.
Speaker 1: It's just like if somebody asked you, hey, do you mind if I go through t S A pre check you just give him straight out.
Speaker 2: I tell her, you know what, don't go through. Don't go through there. I build right myself. I have traveled by myself before. I have stayed in lines by myself before. Since first grade, I have you know, I have walked through metal detectors. Like am I leaving you in the jungle?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Just go on ahead and get that drink. Is it okay for me to abandon you for a few minutes? Where are you abandon me at? Is it a McDonald look? Where are you leaving me at?
Speaker 3: I'll see you at the compass coffee on the other side after this.
Speaker 2: Where me and we are built different, we'll build different in that way because some stuff about us. We do it because it needs to be done. They do it because of principle. Very point, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Honda speaking of us stude, always on point, always nailing it, always the right side. You had to explore the sophisticated, sleek look of the CRV hybrid and a Cord hybrid, Honda's most powerful electrifying vehicles yet conquered the unpaved road in one of Honda's rugged esuvs and trucks like the pilot trail sport, Handa's most capable suv ever.
Speaker 3: Or experience the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civi. Yeah with an available turbo charged engine.
Speaker 1: If you wanted power performance ruggedness with Honda, find the Honda perfect for you at your local Washington area Honda dealer.
Speaker 2: This sounds like me, power ruggedness, Ruggy Mississippi yis old. Don't make me take my shirt out? Oh no, people can't handle it.
Speaker 1: They can't handle see Geekys the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The dealer's finalized and seat geek is the newest member of the family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it. You'll be hearing it a lot more throughout the year. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games or any other live event in the d NV, Seat Geek is.
Speaker 2: The place to do it.
Speaker 1: The official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commander's fans can fan.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about this news? Did you hear about the new song? Because you know, Beyonce dropped an She has a song called Levi Jeans and she did this with post Malone. I like Post I love Post Malone. Since this song dropped, Levi Stock has served twenty did you go buy some Levis Well? I wish i'd known this, I would have the small thing that surges these things amazing. I'm gonna tell you one of my favorite guys I love to watch because I just hes just so edgy. I just don't care. I love people that just really self confident. Yes, do you like jelly Roll? Okay, I mean he is very confident. Let me put it that way. Listen, he has drewn so many things on his face.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, he's got a lot of his face. He's got a lot going on. Jeer Rod has a lot going on. But the name jelly Roll should tell you.
Speaker 2: First of all, jelly Roll is a very good name choice for him. It's the perfect name like this, this self just embracing everything. If I wouldn't want him to come out of his name, mister slim, that ain't who he is. He is your jelly Roll. So at the end of the day, be who you are and be the best you you can be. It's great advice. Yeah, So I won't come back with like Selm till drops just get ready to take a shut off for the people. I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay, we play a game now. This is the catchphrase game Draft Edition. Another one of Anna's great games.
Speaker 2: Here she always had a great game. Have made these great games her own admission. By the way, just don't take a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't turn this on, she said, nailed it. Okay, So I think we're just gonna fill in the name.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be terrible this game. By the way, don't worry. I will told you got to. You got some privilege for me. You have to carry us. I got you, you know. Okay, here we go. Oh, so this is the name of a draft pick.
Speaker 3: I guess I just leave the name out.
Speaker 2: Try to lead the school. Lap to make it hard for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give you the position, right, you don't.
Speaker 2: Want to a position, Just give me some stuff that described this person.
Speaker 3: Oh, last name neighbors Malik.
Speaker 2: Oh, you got it easy. Yeah, I've been saying, I like to make it hard. Okay, Okay, one of the best names in the draft. Okay. I ketch ketch balls, catch balls, alright, rama Dunza, That's what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about, you guys, oh man, don't worry about.
Speaker 1: Oh mm hmm, might be the most underrated signal caller in the draft.
Speaker 2: JJ McCart got it. You should have said a quarterback face. Oh I shouldn't, all right, His daddy played Marvin Harrison. No, uh uh, Joe, Then what I'm talking about? Oh hmmm? How did I say that.
Speaker 1: This prospect went to the same school as Doc Walker?
Speaker 2: I thought Die Walker went to the First School of America in the early seventeen Uh you see la yep coming off the edge. Oh a lot too, lot too got it? All right, there it is. I was good man, all right, this one midnight train of Georgia. Okay, meets great Catchen gladys n the pips, close to them, pimps. People think you're gonna team up with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Oh uh uh man, I don't know who is it?
Speaker 2: Rock Bow was George Georgia? Oh?
Speaker 1: I was thinking like, oh man, all right, oh went to the same school, Kater Clark, bad boy corner Cooper.
Speaker 2: The Genes. I will putting him out there. I think he's gonna be great. This is gonna be easy. Homeboy, your homeboy, our homeboy. Jayde Daniels, he ain't who's our homeboy?
Speaker 1: He from DC oh Kaitan Williams Oh, I didn't know he was that guy?
Speaker 2: He all out? I was like, who's that boy? Is it shot again? Spring oh man?
Speaker 1: I just mentioned this guy the easy as a guess, just mentioned everybody. I just mentioned this one guy by you, Bengal.
Speaker 2: Jayde Dannys all right, wait to do it all right? Threw him under there. We just mentioned this guy. His daddy played Barbara Harrison.
Speaker 1: I like the two of the friends, all right, last one, who do you think this might be?
Speaker 2: Of all the people in.
Speaker 1: The draft that we've talked about, who do you think this might be? The one guy we haven't talked about?
Speaker 2: The one guy we haven't talked to.
Speaker 1: Think about this team and all the big time prospects in the draft?
Speaker 2: Whose name have we not mentioned? Mister Drake may got it right in time.
Speaker 1: Hey, we work brother uh lock.
Speaker 3: Again existly not Wiley Kyte.
Speaker 2: That's differ to get loud.
Speaker 3: Podcasts presented by Sea Geek.
Speaker 2: That's my guy, friend's moon. I'm jenks Man. Stay out of those airports.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.