Speaker 1: Bright.
Speaker 2: All right, job.
Speaker 3: All across the USC Compton, Watts Bay to LA.
Speaker 1: Come on to California, say from aalley to valley.
Speaker 4: We represent that Keller County.
Speaker 3: So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you're tuning into Gainst the Chronicles.
Speaker 4: The Chronic Goals.
Speaker 1: We gonna tell you how we goals.
Speaker 4: If I lie, my nose will grow like Pinocchio.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truth gangs.
Speaker 4: The Chronic Goals. This is not your average show.
Speaker 3: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't Big change and big spilt from the streets.
Speaker 2: Hello, Welcome to the gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles, Leave of live, start rating and comment. She liked to welcome everyone to another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast and I am Norm Steele. Jill No, we had a pretty good weekend This weekend. Man, we celebrated the thirtieth anniversary of Minister Society. Man had tiring the homeboy. The homies showed up, Man, what's happening? Partner Samuel Monroe, And it was pretty good.
Speaker 3: That was pretty cool, little turn little hang out. You know, nothing nothing big, nothing major, just you know, really just a gang of homies just kicking it well.
Speaker 2: Yang homies, Yeah, gang homies, homegirls. It was cool man. You know what though, Bro, that's the second time we don't put something together in a few days, man, and we get a decent little turnout. Man, I'm thinking. Man, I was talking to Homie Man from eighty five South Man. He was telling me he think we need to go on to go on the road, man, Man, real stuff. We'll see how it work, you know what I'm saying. If we get support, you know what I'm saying, that's all, and do it on your own. Man. Oh for shure, for sure, man, for sure. You know it's been a the thing everybody been talking about the internet. Man. Is the woman in Chicago, man who had got you know who was assaulted in that wrisk rant but the dude punched on her, Carlicia Hood, her and her son they got off. Man.
Speaker 3: I've been following the story A little bit started, A little video whatever do anybody like what was they even arguing about.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I know he was punching on her like she was a punching bag.
Speaker 1: Well I saw the video.
Speaker 3: They was arguing about something and he was like, man, just get your food and go. Just get your food and go. Lady, just get your food and go. So is that, like? I don't know what that was, because you know, you gotta be able to let me tell you something. I say this shit all the time, and this as far as miss far as nils. You feel me, you can't hang with no female when it comes to that mouth man. A female won't let them bombs, drop you down, kick you under the table, roll you in some flour, nigga, and put you into hot grease. You feel me. You cannot hang with no If you ain't got no control you you gonna get pissed the hell off because a woman can dig deep. When it comes to talking shit, we can't. I don't give a fuck who you are. You be the best shit talker of the world, nigga. I get paid to talk shit, you feel me. But when it comes to arguing, when the female, you cannot motherfucking go toe to toe So that being said, you got to have a high level of tolerance and control, man, because you already know what it is when you touch on a woman and you get me, You're going down. You just can't do it. So what I'm saying is he I don't know he being provoked. I don't know he yelling and screaming, get your food, lady, and.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. I'm telling you you better get your food.
Speaker 3: And you say one and he was like, if you say one more thing, I'm finna take off. But why you know what I'm saying, because let's face it, even if even if the situation, let's say the situation didn't result in him getting popped, right, you beating on a woman on camera, right, You're not finna get away with that situation. You get me, and then when you get arrested and you get thrown in jail, motherfucker's in jail probably like, oh damn, you beat on the nigga's mama.
Speaker 4: They asking for paper?
Speaker 3: Are we finna get your You know what I'm saying. So I wonder what, like you said, still, I don't know, Maybe it's another story to it, because why did they just start? What are they just you know how motherfuckers get into it all the time. You know what I'm saying. You customers in line, and you see it. You see it all the time, see it all the time. And they got motherfucking little show right now where you see motherfuckers and walmarts and stores and restaurants, gas stations and they customers and they getting into it with each other.
Speaker 2: They got Curvillians video of this man, and they say the civilians. Video outside of the restaurant shows the team into the restaurant. I guess she had been texting her son while they were in there arguing, and cell phone video from inside shows Brown punching Hood at least three times in the head and face. Prosecute to see it that when the team pulled out a gun from its hoodie and shot Brown the back. Brown fled the restaurant, but the team followed them outside the five more shots at the hood told them to shoot and kill him. He was shut twice in the back and later died miss injuries. See that's that's where it gets kind of a slippery slope. That that's where it's kind of a slippery slope because the threat is at that time no more threat. This dude, don't ran off the restaurant, but ship, that's the same situation. Like my nigga who who?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: The female sent the niggas over to his crib and after he ran in the house, they ran away, right, they ran away, jumped in their car, he came out dumping. So, like I said, at what level do you consider like, okay, them them them, them dudes is gone, so fucking I'm gonna let off in the heat of in the heat of the motherfucking moment, and that's your mama. I'm about to chase this motherfucker from here to the fucking next corners dumping, you get me, especially if the nigga socking on my mama like a dude. Man, sure, man, I'm about to chase this nigga down.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: When you see that, alrighttionale goes out.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, it goes out And Okay, she texting em like get the gun or something. Yeah, cause the nigga in here hollering and fucking screaming at me telling me you say one more motherfucking thing, I'm gonna sock the shit out of you. Okay, let me just texting, motherfucker right quick? Hey, uh, get the pistol out the glove compartment and come on in here. And then I walk through the door and I see my mom on the ground and the nigga standing.
Speaker 4: Over Popop Pop Pop.
Speaker 3: I'm letting, I'm letting all they all going, they all going.
Speaker 2: And it's so you know the thing is, man, it's very dangerous, man. That's why I tell people, man, it's best to play the high power cover. Man. I don't do no kind of extra talking man when I'm in places where I don't know people, man, because it can go down that quick. You could lose your life or wound up taking somebody's life that quick.
Speaker 3: You don't know who carry pistols, That's the whole thing. That's ship man. You emails carry pistols too. So and like I said, you don't know what the story is. But if it's just some random ass motherfuckers is in the rec the little shit, you know what I'm saying. And I don't know a wrong look or whatever, I mean, what caused them to get into it, you know what I'm saying, Especially when you look at it as a female and a dude. It wasn't like it was two dudes in there. Arguing her two females. So is there another story behind you know, him being that motherfucking furious to where he ready to take off on her because of words she talking and she didn't seem like, you know, she didn't seem sister irate.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: She wasn't doing She wasn't doing the neck you know, and the pointing and like you know, nigga, you this, I don't know. It seemed pretty car He was pretty motherfucking adamant.
Speaker 4: From what I understand. The brother got man. He was telling her to her up and get her riot order, and she was. She just basically told him like do it, I'm not finishing order and hold on, you know what I mean. So he got pissed off and got to talking.
Speaker 2: Ship that due piss you off sometimes though when you're hongry, man, it's somebody. Because I'm gonna tell you women got that good. Because I'm gonna tell you this, bro, my girl on been to Windy's a million times or make Donalds. But she get up there in front of that thing and will do this. But like, man, you don't know if.
Speaker 3: You want to Hamburger Maria slap the back of your deck when you walk at the door tonight talking about what you're talking about before you with these trips, what they do.
Speaker 2: They say they don't want nothing, But then be over that reaching for your French for us and all that.
Speaker 1: Ship that Nigga said Maria going there and she'll be like.
Speaker 2: Just looking at that. You know, we got to introduce our guests today, man. We got to introduce our guests because a lot of the stems back to mental health, man, to mental health, and I think in the black community, man, we definitely definitely you know, if you look at the stuff that's just online, man, in the common section, you will see a lot of people down there need help, man.
Speaker 4: You know. Yeah. And and first of all, my name is the ball Game Thanker from San Diego, California. I really appreciate a sure still for having me on the show. Man. It's a blessing to be here, you know what I'm saying. And to all the gangs, the chronicle goons out there, and much respect to you guys as well. My professional background, you know, I went to school, went to Ohio State for a little bit, got out Ohio State. I ended up going to Liberty University in Virginia, I got my degree. Then I ended up getting my master's degree from Liberty University as well in communication and human services. And currently right now, I'm a licensed clinical social worker and mental health. Mental health is always been, as always been at the forefront of the black communities. The problem with the black community is that we don't think that we that were crazy. They don't think they don't think that they don't think that they need help, you know. You and I was talking earlier today about you know, especially black men. You know what I'm saying, if you tell a brother, hey man, once you go talk to somebody, you once you go seek some therapy, you know what I'm saying, get some cognitive behavioral therapy or something to go to some group sessions, you know, first thing or brother. You know. And I've had some of the hommies tell me, you know, ball fuck that you know, I ain't crazy, you know what I mean, I don't need that, you know what I'm saying. But they not realizing that they're dealing with all sorts of traumas. You know what I'm saying. You got a lot of black men, they deal with trauma in their lives just from being a black man. You know, in society, you know, we don't realize that, you know, shit, when the police do you guys get a little anxiety when the police get behind y'all. I always say, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I would say, you know, in my early days of of stomping the neighborhood, you know, or you know, typically hell yeah, it would be you get them butterflies in that nervousness when you see them boys get behind you, and especially when they ain't even ran the lights yet, they just following you for a minute. You start anticipating to pull over. You feel me.
Speaker 4: But see what that's trauma right there. You did what I'm saying. We go outside the path.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I tell my son all the time is that, you know, make sure you keep your head on the swivel. And I teach him how to deal with the police if they do fuck with him. You know, he's a productive young brother. He ain't never been in no trouble or nothing. You know, me, myself and all his uncles. You know what I'm saying. We was gang bangers, not gang members. Gang bangers. There's a difference. You know what I'm saying, I'm part of the Zipper club, you know what I mean, and kind of you know, dish it out myself. A lot of people don't realize that all that shit that we used to do back in the days is affecting us mentally today, you know what I'm saying, And we refuse to seek help for our traumas that we've been dealing with, deaths, fucked up relationships. I can go on. You know, racism, systemic racism. You understand what I'm saying. These are traumas that Black men and women deal with. Black women are dealing with trauma right now. They don't even realize it. You know, they talking this shit right now. That's why I used to love the brother Kevin Samuel's rest in peace. You know that. You know a lot of these independent black women right now Black well, let me say this, Black women demographically. You know, these sisters out here doing their thing. So we got to tip our hats off to them. They out here getting educated, getting their master's degrees, They out here getting this money, They doing what they do. You understand what I'm saying. They talk that shit. They don't need a man, But what happens is they not realizing that they're dealing with the traumas of fucked up relationships with us?
Speaker 2: And oftentimes you know, I notice in the black community, black women that's taught by their mothers, Oh you don't need a man. I know you know me and are producer. We was talking earlier. Were both from Cleveland, and I would have generation it was generations of people. Man. I would see generations of people man where the grandma stayed in the house, didn't have no man. Then she have a daughter, the daughter grew up, have kids, they don't have no man in there. They all live together, but they all got a whole church full of kids. Right, there's a bunch of kids in their man and they all kind of talk that they don't need a man in their life.
Speaker 4: Well, I think this is the thing still, it's you know, the thing is you do have those particular situations where some sisters grew up in households where like as you're saying that they seen that their grandmother didn't have a man, probably died alone. But you still have a bunch of brothers and sisters who actually grew up in two parent household two grandmother and grandfather households like I did you understand what I'm saying? So I understand what a traditional healthy relation ship looks like.
Speaker 3: I grew up in I grew up in a single family house. I mean, my parents were together for a time before they got divorced. You know what I'm saying. But I don't know how it was for you growing up. You know what I'm saying, what you saw in the household? Or I grew up in the two parent household, and how was it for you? I had a stepfather, see my stepdad. I got my stepdad's last name, okay, because I went to school one day and I kept wondering while my last name was one thing and my brothers and I asked my mama one day, I said, Hey, how come they last name is this? How come we don't all have the same last name?
Speaker 4: How old were you when you asked her? That?
Speaker 2: Man? I was about eight years old. And then with my stepdaddy did he heard that? And my mama just told me this man that my stepdad he winning the newspaper and win his little cigar box where he kept his money at And when it got an attorney went and ran to ad and Ohio where my real dad was at. He went to Agron and ran add in Summer County so he could see and contested if he wanted to. Then nobody ever contested. So he took me to place and all I remember is putting my hands up, making this oath my last My last name has been Steel from then on.
Speaker 1: But so was that because.
Speaker 3: Moms and original Pops was never and it was just what it or was it was it abuse?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: Moms was like, I got to get the hell away from this, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you it wasn't you know me. And just for the record, me and my biological father have a great relationship. You now, he a whole different man. You know, he was a young dude when all this was happening. So we ben forgave him for all that, right, But at the time it was some abuse.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know, my pops liked to put this, you know what I'm saying, that's what they did.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of a lot, but a lot of us.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what I'm saying, there's a lot of uh us that came from that.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 3: You know, my father, you know, went to the military, was in the Navy, you know what I'm saying. You know, worked at General Motors and all of that, but sometimes you know, it'd be situations to where you know, it just don't work. So Mom's left, you know what I'm saying, Like you said, it might have been physical and abusive. And even though Mom's left and it was me and my sister and my brother, and you know, you never saw any significant like I didn't get no stepdaddy, you get me. Uh, you know it was I was on the block, man, So I don't know if I saw, you know, or took what I saw as a kid in the household with my parents, and and that reflected on me because.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't take that route you know some dudes took when it came to females and my my household, it was my mama.
Speaker 1: My sister was older.
Speaker 3: The attitude wasn't fucking nigga in the household because we came from a different generation parents.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to convey that myss moms.
Speaker 3: You know, like my parents, My moms came from Mississippi. So you gotta understand growing up in that time, you know, in the in the forties and fifties and shit, definitely.
Speaker 1: It was different.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like, you know, the dude left the household or whatever, and it became this, I don't need a motherfucking nigga or fucking nigga WHOOPI woo. It didn't have that that. It didn't have that attitude. So I didn't see that, you know, growing up where even though it didn't work out, it was like, oh no, my sister was taught, you know, fucking.
Speaker 1: Nigga out there, you don't need no nigga.
Speaker 2: It looked like my house either.
Speaker 3: My sister, you know, she's been married to her husband for decades.
Speaker 4: But see, some of these relationships teaches us. You understand, I'm saying how to how to actually go into a relationship and learn how to deal with not only the good but the adversities of the relationships. A lot of people are staying together longer. I'm glad that eight said that because I grew up in a household like you still were. My younger brother's dad was a stepdad, but I was never really receptive to this motherfucker, you know what I mean. And because I had two older brothers who kind of who I looked up to as a dad because our father wasn't worth the fuck did what I'm saying, So my dad taught me what not to be, and that's the.
Speaker 2: Same thing to even do. My dad is probably the greatest grand in the world now, right, And.
Speaker 1: Why but why did we have that though?
Speaker 3: Why do you think that generation and era of men and fathers were like you said, it wasn't fucking shit.
Speaker 2: Like, We're gonna tell you what I learned, what I got from it, and this is how I got the right, right, yeah, And this is how I got to get to being cool with my dad, right, What I found out that my dad. You gotta understand my grandmother, Well, my first of all, well, my grandfather came from Memphis, Tennessee. He had a whole nother family down there, and he came up north, met my grandmother and I think had fourteen kids. They fourteen kids from my dad and them. So it was a time to where Grandpa would just disappear sometimes I'm talking about six months a year, So my grandmother trying to take care of eighteen kids, right, and they all like a year apart, and in some cases nine ten months. You know what I'm saying, It's crazy, right. So what I found out about my dad is that they a lot of time and you know, they would go to the boys home, the foster system. And what I found out is that my dad's older one of the older brothers, my uncle Bookie, had went and got all of them because they was all separated. So he broke out of his spot the foster home he was in. He left and went and got all his brothers and sisters and took them out the acting because you know, he had started running the streets. My uncles was hardcore pimps. You know, during that time I had uncles. I ain't gonna name all their names, but you know they was pimping, right, So once they started getting their money up, they went and got all their brothers and sisters and went back. So I would have to say that my father was only doing He was better than his father now, but they didn't know no better because with example that they draw from.
Speaker 4: Well, well, your uncle man, he had to know something, man, because you don't get too many people that go back and get all their siblings to keep everybody together.
Speaker 2: And that's what it is. And to this day they all like you, but not say nothing about his brother's and sisters. Jay would get into a fight with you. And and the thing I learned is I knew what I didn't want as far as me being a man. I always said, I'm not gonna I tried my best not to have no just a bunch of kids running around, right. And I knew that when I did have kids, I always gonna be in their lives right right. And I knew that once I had my woman, we was gonna stay together through thick and thing, no matter what happened.
Speaker 4: But but see, but but like I said, and I'm an interject back off, what they was saying is that you you you you saw some things, and you seen some things and you and you and subconsciously you said, you know what, that's what I'm not going to be. Because one thing that my father did teach me, he taught me my my my biological dad actually made me into the man that I am today. You did what I'm saying, right, because I didn't want to be like this smoke exactly. You know what I'm saying. He wasn't ship, you know what I mean. And I told myself that I wasn't that I wasn't gonna be like him. And I'm kind of like you. You know what I'm saying, All three of my kids just by the same chick. You know what I'm saying. I wasn't just out there slinging Weenie and and and and you know, having these kids by all these different personalities. You did you know what I'm saying. I was responsible, you know, had a I mean, did did my thing, did my you know, jumping through windows and sliding up in some brawls and all that. But I always was responsible. My older brother would always tell me, might keep a raincoat on your shit. You did what I'm saying, and all those types of things, you know what I'm saying. So my older brother, Anthony, rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I miss you, my brother. You know that brother taught me a hole like he. My older brother Anthony was my dad man. And my older brother Levan followed shut once my l once my brother passed away from cancer. My older brother Levan, he followed suit and uh and and I had five brothers and six of us, and you know, and we kept a tight knitch, such as your uncles and his siblings as well. You did what I'm saying. And my family was a bunch of females. But all my aunts were married and they all they are all my uncles. They they they were married and some of them, some of them the ones that are living. You know what I'm saying, they're still with their husbands today. So I know what it's like to be in a healthy and long lasting relationship, you know what I mean. My only problem is that, you know, before I got into a relationship with my kids mother. You know what I'm saying, I you know, me being a sagittariust man. I just like women, man. And then you know what I'm saying, it was shit. If it was a shit, if I could shit, I've had three or four wives in the house.
Speaker 2: You know what though, Man. The thing is, I had a very strong female presence in my life too. Like my grandmama had a pistols. So when my dad did come over there because he would be on some stuff to where I'm coming. I'm coming to get my son, and my grandmother was like the pistol, like, no, niggas, you ain't coming up here with that, you know, because my dad, let me know what, they wasn't all innocent. They shot at me, my grandmother because at the time I don't know if you all remember back in the day. I'm from the Midwest, they used to have what you call outhouses. Yeah, yeah, you know the bathroom Mississippi too. You know, my grandmother threw the pists pot on my dad before he came up there talking, and they timed it as soon as he get to the door. They just opened up the door and they threw that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: They did some crazy stuff to my brother that can cause hepatitis.
Speaker 1: Man, man, they give a fuck.
Speaker 3: They was like, getting your ass up out of here, coming around here with that ship. Why why why are you running off with pitts with pists all? Did he right it off with pints and getting popped? That's fund up with ye where they wasn't playing weddy. Let me tell you right now that calls him. That caused brother some mental health issues.
Speaker 2: You know. So I just thinking about all this, but I'm gonna tell you this. My mama will tell me to this day. She said, your dad was just young. He loved you. He just didn't know. He trying to process a situation that he don't know nothing about. Right.
Speaker 4: That's good that moms told you that. You know, my mom's never told me.
Speaker 2: Like my mom, she wanted me to have a relationship with my day right, And I respect her for that because she could have easily been like, no, you ain't going to go see him. She never she always wanted us to have a relationship.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what. My mother never said nothing bad about my dad either. And at one point in time, my mother had told me one day, and I think I was about twelve thirteen years old, I had just start stealing cars for the homies, and she was like, my dad came through and I was really eager and happy to see him at that particular time because I hadn't seen him in a while. And my mother said, you really love your dad, don't you you know? I mean, yeah, you know it's my dad, you know. And she said, but you're gonna find out one of these days. She that's the only that's the only time that I remember my mother kind of putting a hypothetical on my head about this motherfucker, you know what I mean, you know, But she never said nothing bad about him, never said nothing bad about him. It wasn't until I started getting older and I started seeing when I had my daughters and I have my sons. Hey, man, come on down. My daughter's about to graduate from sixth grade. Okay, son, I'll be there. This motherfucker don't show up. You know what I'm saying, Hey, Dad, come on damn mikey my young my only boy. You know, he's having a birthday, partly having his third fourth birthday party. Come on down, Dad would like to see you. Okay, son, I'm gonna show up. He never show you know, motherfucker never show up. You know what I'm saying. Back to the mental health part of it. You know what I'm saying. That shit can cause motherfucker some mental health issues. Right there? You did? You know what I'm saying. And when you know, and then when he did want to come around, come to find out, this motherfucker putting his shit up his nose, he broke. And then when he calling, he asked for something. Nigga, I ain't seen you in ten years. What the fuck? Why are you calling me asking me? You know what I mean? You know? And then I started realizing, I'm like, Mike, you know what, don't let this motherfucker take you out of character. I always like to think about my actions before I do shit, So I just stopped fucking with my dad altogether. My brothers in aw I have a brother named Elly as well. He living in Atlanta, Georgia, and my brother Milly, would always say man. I'd ask, man, how do you continue to fuck with this nigga? And my brother said, man, because I don't give a fuck a body, you don't FaZe me. But but but his actions fucked with me.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, still, I think I came, you know, a little bit similar to your situation where you know, you ended up having a cool relationship with your pops after the fact, I mean, same situation with me. I mean, I guess anybody, though, you know, the presence of your dad is supposed to be like just oh man, my dad. You know what I'm saying. So, but it gets to a point to where I was like, like, you like, I don't fuck with dude. I don't saw from the transition of me starting a gang bang and all of that, I didn't. I didn't fuck with my pops at all. My sister she was one of them, like talk to him every day. But I don't know. I guess because of what I witnessed as a kid, you know, and the stuff that happened with moms and you know that, like you said, it'd be like some motherfucking PTSD shit, you know what I'm saying to where you be like, oh, I don't even want to go around, you know what I'm saying, because you know, they do they thing you feel me, they might have them a little drink or a little smoke or whatever was. They vices and shit, and as a youngster you don't really know how to cope with that shit. You get me to see, you know, the trauma in the household. So it really kind of it could take you all in whatever direction. You know, some people can overcome from it and then some niggas. It makes that generation in no transition to where now you you getting on you know, your broads and you getting into it with your baby moms or your woman or whatever. So yeah, I took because I was a you know, lover of my mom. So my sister was more like you know, once she got a little older, she was able to be neutral with it. But me, I didn't want to fuck with I didn't want to fuck with him at all. And so the whole time I was you know, from the time of like the twelves, and thirteen and fourteen and fifteen, and I'm gang banging and all that. Didn't I didn't. I didn't talk to my pops at all. My sister would. Yeah, I talked to Dad today and blah blah blah. But me and then once I started rapping, and I think I got to about maybe my fourth album, I started communicating because you know, I was going places, and sometimes I would be in the same town where, you know, because he was living in Oklahoma and then he moved to Louisiana and so you know.
Speaker 2: Was he familiar with your REP career?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: When I when I finally went to see him, he had newspaper clippings and ads and all kinds of shit, you know, Jet magazine shit I have been in. And you know, when I did Minace and awards and all that, he had paper clippings of all that shit. So so he was definitely watching. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm saying. I had no regrets, though you know what I'm saying. I don't know, man, You know I held you know, you hold grudges because, like I said, again, that's moms. You get me, and you know your moms do so much for you as as as a as a kid. They kind of take the motherfucking the punches on the chin and fuck it, nigga, knock me down. I'm gonna get up, but I still gotta go do the shit. You feel me, whether whether or not you're gonna help or do something or not. You know, they kind of take it on the chin. So when you a kid, that's like, motherfucking that's all for you. Like that's why I said that the situation, like we was talking before, like you can't overstep that boundary when it comes to your moms. Like niggas will go through whatever, You'll go through, whatever level it is. You know, when you see somebody offending even just offending your mom.
Speaker 4: That's the reason why the young brother popped this motherfucker. I was still in there.
Speaker 3: You'd be ready to take a nigga's head off, like I like, if you had that relationship with your mom, you know, and a person like me, like I said, once mom's and pops split, it was just me and moms and so whether we had to go through the struggle, the grind of you know, trying to figure out what where the bread was coming from or eating and all that shit, and you know, even the trials a nigga had to go through with turning a young man and there is no father around. You give me, so now you have to try to learn a little bit on your own and watch niggas in the streets. And then there's Moms and you know she's always with the positive eye. But you know, as a slick little nigga, you think you're gonna get away with some shit, so you test and test, but Mom is still there. Every time I went to fucking jail, she came to bail me out. Every time I stole a motherfucking car and it went to the impound, she got that motherfucker out, you know. So you don't you know the situation of that is just like, you know, what the fuck you want me to do?
Speaker 1: This nigga socking my mom?
Speaker 3: Of course he was fit to die, of course, and not to disrespect you know, the dead and his family, because I'm knowing they feeling something right now. But that comes to the level of how how far can you let a motherfucker push you? You give me like you got to be in some coinntrol of your actions. Man, Sometimes you get me and I come from that too. I come from that. Fuck you, I don't give fucking you get me. But still, you know you have to come to a level of control because you know, you don't know what a motherfucker gonna do. Like you said, you gotta have your head on the swivel. His head ain't on the swivel because you're in there. First of all, because he in there having confrontations with a female, so his head ain't on the swift knowing who she with exactly. And then like you said, it ain't like she looking like the homegirl from the hood where you know it might be niggas in the car. She looking like somebody mama. So it's gonna escalate if you that type of nigga and got that attitude.
Speaker 2: Well you know what real quick. They saying that the woman told her son to hit the witness, I guess it was a witness in their hood. Then that averts her intention.
Speaker 1: To the witness, that it was somebody in there filming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where she instructed her son to shoot them. Wow, the dude with the camera, because the court to take the gun from the boy, but he pushed her off to paarody into the vehicle. Sound like the son had more sense than the Mama was like, let's go. You ain't got to shoot this man, you know, going back to your pops. Eight. The biggest memory I got, man, and I think and for a long time I had a lot of hatred in my heart towards my pops is I remember when I was real little, and I remember this vividly. I probably had to be about eight nine something like that. It's me waiting at the house for him to come, right, I remember, have my little bag of clothes ready, man, and I would just have my coat on already. This niggaspost come at six o'clock. I'm three o'clock. I'm all come on, got my coat on, I'm ready to bail, right, And he would never come. I would go in the couch. I would go to sleep on a couch. Wouldn't want to go to bed because my MoMA. No, he might come. I'm gonna miss him. That's trauma right there. Just never show up though.
Speaker 4: That's trauma right there. That's trauma right there.
Speaker 2: It's never come. I would wait by the window if we stayed, you know, me being the Midwest, they got apartments, some of them in the basement, right. I remember I was staying up on the back of the couch and be by the window, and I would just wait to see that van coming.
Speaker 3: Bro Man, my pops would come get me and my sister. You know, when he moved and you know, you know got you know, was dealing with another lady, and you know, he used to come get us and we used to spend the week ends and go to church with him and all of that. I mean, for the record, my pops tried to be you know, I guess the best he could. I mean, his faults from you know, the abusive shit and who knows what.
Speaker 1: I don't know what my.
Speaker 3: Pops was going through in his head. He had a job at General Motors, so he wasn't like just a dead beat motherfucker. But you never know, he was in the military, you know what I'm saying. He was a productive He probably got you know, he probably got on that shit. Who knows when you know what I'm saying. He was educated, motherfucker smart, had a great job. He had a job at General Motors for probably over thirty years, you know what I'm saying. But who knows what the trauma of that shit is. You know, a lot of motherfuckers went through, you know, the physical fighting and abusive shit in the household around them seventies you get me. For us who are or seventies or sixties kids, a lot of that shit went down and it was overlooked, you get me. But you know, for the most part, my pops tried to you know, it was just it was just the incidents. You get me. As a kid, you can't, you really can't function with that shit. And even when I would go over to that ways the good, even when I would, you know, sometimes go over there, it was still the shit cracking. You get me to where, Nigga, I'm in the motherfucking room listening to yelling and shit going down, Like I don't want to come over to this motherfucker no more, man, And so you start distancing yourself because not that you you know, you trying to like now, you know Pops, like I said, every kid growing up had that sense. I want to you know, my father is supposed to be everything.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 3: When you look at the motherfucker shit that they portray on the TVs and you read in the books, you know, the father's supposed to be everything. He's the supporter He's the motherfucking provider. You know, He's the motherfucker that's gonna come whoop a nigga's ass when they come fuck with you. And so I didn't have that, you know what I'm saying, That's why gang banging started.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I had the homies and shit like that, and then you start growing immune to it to where it got to the point to I was like, now I don't do no summer vacations out there no more. Nah, I don't want to pick up the phone and call I'm cool. Nah, I'm good because now shit, nigga got the I'm from the hood. I don't need shit else, Nigga, I got the homies from the hood. I got me a strap in a sack and a father. Can't tell me shit right now?
Speaker 2: Your way, Hey, Mike, I wanted to ask you this, what the way the internet he is right now? Like I see a lot of people, man, like a lot of adult men and women that look like they caught up in the lives of all these online different these different online personalities and even the people that watch your shows sometimes right, it's like almost you got peopless invested in this like, this is their reality? Where would that stem from? You know, you know, you got to think about it.
Speaker 4: Man. Social media is real powerful man, you know what I'm saying. Just the influences. You got a lot of people that watch these shows, watch y'all, you know, watch a lot of the platform. Shout out to my homeboy, Meley Mail out of Santana Block, you know, the hood Postman in his situation. You got a lot of people that listen to what we say. They depend on they depend on these shows. You understand what I'm saying, because what happens is it's not that people are living their lives through the shows, you know what I'm saying, But they won't answers to questions that they just can't you know that they can't answer, you know, And sometimes these shows they provide that. You understand what I'm saying. You know, for me, I like you know, you know there's there's a podcast Tim Wise. You know the white boy. You ever heard of him? Look, you got to look him up, man. He you know what he does is he talks about how white people. What he does is he just roast his own people, you know what I'm saying. And he and he talks about, you know, how you know, how white people has done the indigenous peoples over the years, and how they how they've benefited off our labor and all these types of things. You know, I like to listen to those types of things, those types of podcasts and what so forth. I listened to Lewis May, the Minister, the Honorable Louis fair Count all the time. And you know, some of these podcasts they get they they not only do they give vindication to the mind of the people that watches them, you understand what I'm saying, it also gives validation. That's why a lot of these That's why these kids are so fucked up right now, because they watched these they watch these podcasts that that that deliver all these fucked up messages, you understand what I'm saying. And then these kids are knitny. They're not getting groomed at home. Why because there is no father in the home. The mothers and the mothers at work working all damn day. When the mother come home, she don't feel like dealing with the kid or talking to the kid. Don't even ask the kid how his or her day was doing. So the kid, you know what I'm saying they get a lot of their lessons from these podcasts, man, And unfortunately that's fucked.
Speaker 2: Because I see people, man, you know in the comments section. I had a guy one day, Man tell me, he said, still SMD, Well, this is a man. I go back to his page. Man, this dude is probably about like twenty one two years old.
Speaker 4: SMD.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, suck my you know.
Speaker 1: What the hell is Ryan?
Speaker 3: They still hold up before you. I let you speak on that. But that's why they always fucking with you still.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The cold thing about it is, Man, again, that has to be a mental problem. It has to be a mental problem.
Speaker 3: That just that just ain't a nigga bad you talking about that.
Speaker 2: He didn't like, he didn't like.
Speaker 1: Like like they ain't been through it.
Speaker 4: Just don't like, I ain't never seen that one.
Speaker 3: That's what that's that's that's that's another supporter from the other side. That's why he said, let.
Speaker 2: Me get this off. Even if he was a supporter from the other side. You inserting yourself into something that you don't know nothing about, you know nothing about, you don't know what's going on. You just taking size and stuff that you don't know nothing about. Right, And then I even saw this, Right, I've seen people come in under different things, right, under different names. Right, it be the same person, but they got different names. They make up all these different profiles. Though, when they send messages to theyself. You know what I'm saying, just like this crazy they like they come and comment on their own thing, right, yeah, on their own posts, and it'd be like, man, these people gotta be crazy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Well, no, that's the Internet game. People know that, you know. The more support that they get for bullshit, it's gonna make it relevant. So if I got if I go, if I send you a text and I say SMD, I'm gonna I'll go, gonna make twenty profiles, fake profiles to come in to comment on that SMD shit, and all of the comments gonna be like, yeah, that's right, so and.
Speaker 1: So yeah man yeah, I man, what is still done? He ain't this or that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, he can SMB for me too, you get me. That makes it. That makes the motherfucking quote relevant.
Speaker 2: And then he come back and say this, give homeboy his money, Ryan, this.
Speaker 3: Is still kill it big. Look, this is what I say about people. Then people ain't motherfucking mental. They just motherfucking They just haters and and and the thing is what I say about shit like that. We got this thing where it's supposed to be freedom of speech, and this is it. This is what I used to go through that ship. And still do you put up a quote a nigga gonna come in and go he gonna say something slick or something whatever, whatever it could be from an anonymous page whatever, which means that somebody who really know you, they just don't want to expose themselves for saying what they really want to say, but they not they cowards or whatever, or they want to still be able to smile in your face and laugh behind your back. Okay, so there's something you can do about it. I used to get pissed off and want to go back word for word with a nigga and motherfucker like for what, Wow, you want to say that. All you can do from there is block a motherfucker or leave it up, because like I said, that's your up here, that's what you feel about it. But you're still here and you're making comments. That's the world of the Internet today, man, and people with you know what I'm saying with just a nigga don't like you, and you got that, you got you got that right, whatever you get me.
Speaker 4: You got some people that all sit up there, sit up here and fuck with you all day.
Speaker 3: If you allow them to, man, a nigga will go it. Make it to me, this is what this what a person told me. You ain't doing nothing but giving them what they want if you take because you know what they gonna do. They gonna take all your responses and go post that shit and go Look. I meant look, I'm into it with Stele. Look he's responding. He's responding to me. Oh, I got him so mad and in the back of the nigga mine. He really don't got no beef with you. It's just making him look good because half the niggas that start talking shit the minute I come on and go fuck you or he oh I didn't Oh it ain't really like oh man, I'm a true fan. Really, I'm a fan with They do that because they really don't think they gonna get a.
Speaker 1: Respond out of you.
Speaker 3: That's why they just want to be the negative motherfucker out of all the people who going yeah, still keeping cracking and keep want they want. I'm gonna come in nig nigga SMD and pay a nigga his money and then it really you'll never see the nigga or the nigga could be a motherfucker that you see every and you'll never know it. That's just the world that we live in, especially with the Internet.
Speaker 4: Especially the motherfuckers that ain't got no profile picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I ain't got nothing to do but fuck with this nigga all day. I ain't got nothing to do with fuck with them all day. And it was so bad about it. You bite half of the time. You're gonna bite on it because it's just because first of all, you don't like the shit on your page, so you're gonna look at it and be like, who is this motherfucker and a minute you go, ah, man, shut the fuck up or mind your business. He go, I got him now, I'm finna go back and forth with him all day and bade him in me.
Speaker 2: It's all I'm doing. His block and delete me.
Speaker 1: And I don't. I don't think you.
Speaker 3: D You can say niggas is mental, but that ain't really no mentally ill. We got people out here with real mental issues.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I was gonna ask you, Mike, A lot of these characters that pop up online and they usually wind up on a White Boys platforms, right, right, do you think some of these brothers got not putting no names out there, nobody in particular, but do you think some of these dudes got mental problems?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Well, you know they you know, I mean we First of all, I would have to make an assessment. But any motherfucker had to sit on the internet all damn day and go back and forth with somebody. There's some type of mental name somebody.
Speaker 2: You think krip Met got something wrong with him?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, I mean, I mean, bless the brother's heart, you did what I'm saying, but yeah, you know, it's only it's only obvious that brother got some type of cognitive issues going on.
Speaker 2: Now we talk about cognitive issues because I see, now you gotta do this. His father look just like him. But he a blood, right, Oh, I saw that. That is daddy for your vice lord.
Speaker 4: Well, he he posed as a blood at one time, and then he did say something about the vice Lord. Brian's right. I saw that, you know what I'm saying, But I don't know, I don't know if that dude is his daddy or not, But that dude is crazy, you know what I'm saying, Especially if he's not his biological father. If he's getting on there just for attention, you gotta you gotta take in the consideration. This motherfucker might be mental, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he just make it up, said I'm his daddy. But height told me your story about Kedy. He knew they thought he was easy. He thought he was easy.
Speaker 3: Rest in drugs, don't that ain't just a motherfucker who you know what I'm saying, that's a that's that's what the one of the homies who you know continuously was doing them drugs. And like I try to tell niggas, you know, was he out of contence? Yeah, he was from the neighborhood, you get me. He got a bad batch of a dose of some some water water and if it firs, it fucked your brain up. It's in bombing fluid. It fucks your brain up. So of course, a motherfucker if if if he was a fan of fucking Batman, he probably would have been walking around in the Halloween costume going Nigga, I'm going to motherfucking Wayne Manor and I'm waiting on Alfred to come pick me up right now, you get me. That's real, that's real mental issues. Or just like, I'm watching the program on the sister who was I don't know how long ago. This was the sister who was at the restaurant and the lost heel sheriffs picked her up and then let her out at like motherfucking twelve one o'clock in the morning by herself. Right, it was a story like and they had the program on TV and I'm watching and they say, baby was in there talking like you know, she was from Mars and she knew how to read numbers and all that. That's somebody mental, you get me, that's somebody who has an issue.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 3: She she showed she walked into the restaurant and just just say, we in there having a motherfucking corporate dinner. She come to our table and just sit down and she kicking it and just start talking to people. Nobody knew her. She was talking strange and all that. That's mental shits, mental hit me, delusions. Were talking about audience. Some of these motherfuckers do this ship for for likes and for content and to be because right about now, being stupid is popular.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 3: If I can get on the motherfucking internet that crazy and say I'm missing, I'm not and next thing you know, you look up, I have a motherfucking million hits.
Speaker 2: Man. That's why I really think some of these people, like you know, that's how they got these what they call them, these beckies, bed the Karens. It's just coming up on people like me and Ramley and doing shit.
Speaker 4: Though I think the people that wanted to those are moren some some of those people have mental.
Speaker 3: Is now some of their motherfuckers bes I say, people that want to have content is like people you just talking about, like you know, niggas just just that be just yelling and screaming for no reason and just all kind of outlied this bullshit like shit, like you be really like, why does motherfucker do this? A lot of them motherfuckers are phonies and do shit because they looking for fame. And like I said, now, being stupid and doing crazy shit it gets you fame.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 3: You ain't gotta go, you know, write no good song or motherfucking get in there and work hard and practice and do no shit. A nigga could get on the internet and do some dumb shit and next thing you know, he got a million followers and motherfuckers sending him Lamborghinis and he pulling up with chains and you be like this nigga dumb as a motherfucker. But Timmy, that's the world today, man, Like you'll think a nigga like this nigga's really crazy, but no he's not.
Speaker 4: You know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm doing. I'm gonna act like a motherfucking fool. You get me, I'm a run around and a motherfucking diaper with some motherfucking bullshit on my head, and watch tomorrow, I have a million fucking followers. Did you see this stupid nigga wearing a diaper and he was going around doing crazy shit and just fucking with people, Like you'll think a motherfucker crazy. That's how man got his fulling. Man, come on, you know what do you do crazy shit? You do crazy shit for content. Motherfucker you were And like, like, I come from the saying there's no such thing as bad publicity. All publicity is good publicity. That's where I come from. That's what motherfuckers used to tell me all publicity is good publicity, whether it's good or bad. Your fucking name and your image is out there and millions or people of talking, whether they going that nigga stupid or whether they going damn, that's cracking.
Speaker 2: Like you know, you being a dude from the neighborhood. Man, what makes you want to get into mental health?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: How did you get into that? Well?
Speaker 4: I went to school, like I said, Man, you know, one of my attributes, man, was I was a reader.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You know, I'd read when when other motherfuckers is watching TV, I'm reading a book, you know what I mean. And you know, you know I used to try to understand why I would have certain feelings about certain things, and I would go do my research on it, and it always led me to something something mental. So then when I when I when I went to school and I was trying to figure out what I wanted to be in life, you know what I mean, I was like, you know, what, what the fuck am I really gonna do? Be cause I'm you know, I'm a kind of a boogie nigga. Man, I'm not I'm not gonna go work for the city and dig no fucking homes and phil potholes and none of that type of shit. You know what I mean. You know, I really was thinking about what am I gonna do? And then when I got into mentoring kids, and when I got into coaching, I got a job at the City of San Diego Parking Wreck. I became a center director. And when I started coaching these kids and dealing and dealing with a lot of the homeboys in the neighborhood game banging motherfucker's losing their lives. People will say, Man, go over there and talk to ball game. People would direct people to come and just holler at me. We got homies right now. You know, I say, the homeboys slick out of Campanilla Park. You know what I'm saying. He'll literally say, Man, let me call a ball game because he always gives me good advice, you know what I'm saying. A lot of the homeboys, you know, they call me like Mike, what you think about this? So you know, when I got my degree, I got my degree in business administration. So when I was going into grad school, that's when I start thinking, you know, people like Mike, you'll be a good social worker because you're already doing that, you know what I mean. So, and I didn't realize that I was doing it when I would go to the high schools and talk to the kids about game Bang, when I would coach the kids and and all these types of things. When I was sitting on the city down in San Diego City Hall, I go to the council and I would talk to the council about you know, hey, we need some funding over here. This is why I didn't realize that I was already doing the social work. So when I went to school to get my master's degree, you know what I'm saying, that's that's when I decided I wanted to be a social worker still and end up working out for me. You know, social workers make a lot of money. It's a lot of burning out because you because you're dealing with people with mental health issues, You're dealing with people who are homeless. You're trying to help people get their sci payments, whatever it is that they need. You know what I'm saying, it's just all social services man and me myself, I enjoy it, you know what I'm saying. I actually picked a career that I enjoy and not only did I make money. You know what I'm saying. You know, I see it back now, you know what I mean? You know, just off my last year's salary alone, man, I spent sixty racks on a food trailer that I just bought because I don't need nothing. I don't buy nothing, you know what I'm saying. I own a couple of homes down there. You know, I don't give a fuck about no cars. I am working on a ride. I got a six six rag coming out. Putting a little bit of money into my yeah, putting a little bit of money into in a couple of things. But I don't spend no money still, and I like helping people, my brother, so that was my motivation right there. Man. You know, because one thing we did, man at least you said you and Brian from the Midwest. But one thing I think we did. But we wasted a lot of time game bank, you know what I'm saying. You know, and my brother and.
Speaker 3: I wasted all of my mid teens and all of my twenties.
Speaker 4: We wasted a lot of time game bank.
Speaker 3: And I was fucking I was fucking selling records and still didn't give a fuck. You didn't give a full all I wanted to do was go to the hood and just chill. I didn't know nothing else. Even when I started embedded. Yeah, even when I was making money and all on B E T and magazines and all that shit, Nigga, I was still going to the block.
Speaker 4: The things it's it's embedded in you. I don't know if you guys noticed, but I'm a musician. I play keys and drums, and Lou Silas Junior, who was the director of A and R for MCA Records back in the days, had hired me to play drums for when New Audition then first came out and all these types of things. So I was running back and forth from San Diego up to l A. You know what I'm saying, not trying to be an artist. I was a musician. I just wanted to play, you know what I'm saying. So I would, you know, I would go back and forth up here to come to l A and do a couple of gigs here, go out to the parties, have a good time.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 4: You and I have met a couple of times before, Homie, for sure, you know what I'm saying, back back and back in the days, and you didn't know who. I was a little skinny kid, had a flat top, little shag all that or top of you know what I'm saying. But I was, you know, I was on some different ship back then, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was a you know, I was. I was into some shit, you know what I'm saying. And and and the point that I was trying to make is that I end up. I started when I got shot. Me and me and the brother had a we had a car to car shootout. He hit me, I hit him, you know what I mean. Ended up getting a zip. I got stabbed a couple of times. I did my fair share of it. And uh, you know, when me and my brother Mellie got exonerated for a popping, these motherfuckers came to the house. They knew where moms lived because we stayed right on the front street thirty fifth Street, shot up the house. One time. We was waiting in the garage for the ass to come back showing up. The dumb asses came back, we got to pop and shoot out. My older brother had to slam my mama to the ground because her dumb asses come running out the house like what are you doing. Get on the ground. You know what I'm saying. Blah blah blah. Makeing a long story short. It was after I got stabbed and after I beat my case. I beat my case, and that was one that at that one particular time they were trying to give me twenty two years. I was scared as hell. You know what I'm saying. If anybody would sit here and tell you that they they that they ain't never been scared of anything, I was scared at the time. He told you, I try to run right right, Well.
Speaker 3: Your fucking mask, Yeah, this stick, I could get it it. Boy, get a fucking traffic violation, guy, go do fifteen days?
Speaker 1: Still like shit? I finished called by what run Sell.
Speaker 2: Was facing some time like that twenty year You gotta remember I'm fifty something. Dogs, that's the rest of your wife, crumb.
Speaker 4: Well, what't nothing but see at the time, I was only twenty two years old. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So you know, but me, me and my brother, Me and my brother Millie. We end up beating the case. And when I got around twenty six years old, the red the red light literally went on like stop, you know what I mean, because the ship, the ship that I was into and the things that I was doing. Man, you know, my homeboy gains and earned rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I know you guys heard of that name. You know what I'm saying. The shit that we was doing back in the hoods, back in the days. Man, you know what I'm saying, Some people lost their lives and some of us got lucky. I got lucky, man. So I decided that I was gonna turn my shit around, and a.
Speaker 1: Lot of us got lucky.
Speaker 4: Man, A lot of us got lucky, home boy, you know, because like I said, I'm part of the zipper.
Speaker 3: And then I'm saying, like, that's gotta be some form of of mental stress or health when you look up, like you said, some of us get to a point where we go, I can't do this shit no more. But then it's some of the homies who are still like they still there and they still in it, and that's all they know. And you know, you see a lot of dudes, you know, when you see niggas forty and over representing neighborhood to the fullest, it's a problem. You see a lot of dudes questioning like why y'all doing that?
Speaker 1: Why y'all.
Speaker 3: Come on, you're forty now, you're fifty now. Some of some some has the explanation of it's it's generational.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: It's a brotherhood. You know, you don't leave this behind. Our only way out is if you die or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They they so you know what I'm saying, because you see a lot of especially over here, you see a lot of niggas around our generation and our age that still repped the block.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they know.
Speaker 4: I know a motherfucker as sixty three years old, man, and you know still still still like, you know, pushing the line. I'm like, man, what type of motherfucker is you?
Speaker 2: There's a whole lot of them.
Speaker 3: So that's why I said that gotta be some kind of mental health meant, you know, some kind of stress for you to feel like at fifty or forty plus sixty plus that you still have to, you know, represent the block in that form.
Speaker 4: It's a much bullshit. Eight How old are you still?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: I'm fifty three? How old are you?
Speaker 4: Eight? I'm fifty two and I'm fifty six, so I'm the senior in the house. You did what I'm saying. I would never tell at this point, man, Well it was. It started when I was thirty years old. I never did try to groom some young brother into coming to this bullshit. You know what I'm saying, always, man, man, man, go live your life and go go see some shit, Go do something, go to school, get educated. You understand what I'm saying. Live a productive life. This shit ain't productive. I used to have homeboys, used to be made man, Mike Man, Man, Homy. You don't even come kicking with us under the gazebo no more? Nigga? Fuck you?
Speaker 3: Why is it that a nigga? Why is it that they feel because you get that, you'll get like you don't represent no more. You don't you know, you don't do this no more. You ain't you know, you ain't claiming the hood no more? You know, like, why do you feel some dudes even address that?
Speaker 4: Man? You know, I still can't get it to you know, I normally can rational rationale some things, but this one I just can't rationale.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: Well, one thing for some of the brothers. So some of the brothers, they ain't never had ship, they ain't never went nowhere. You dig what I'm saying, The hood is the only thing that they've ever had. You know what I'm saying. What I'm saying, so they have they have this sense that they have a sense of loyalty.
Speaker 1: That is just.
Speaker 4: I always tell brothers, if you, if you, if you can have this much loyalty towards your own personal endeavors, the same loyalty that you have to this to this hood or to a block where you don't even own a house on the mother the fucker you dig. You know what I'm saying, You would be successful, my brother. You understand what I'm saying. Your priorities is fucked up. But then again, I've also called motherfuckers out. Hey, if you got a problem with me, motherfucker, I'll meet you at Ocean View Park. I meet you at South Chrest Park down in the basement, and then we can talk about it, because I'm gonna tell you right now, and where the camera and all you motherfuckers out there in the six one nine and elsewhere, No, good, God, damn well that I'll pull up and if you want a chunk on, I'm fifty six years old and I'll still slay these motherfucking things. Now. Do I choose to do that?
Speaker 2: Fuck? No?
Speaker 4: You know why Because half of you motherfuckers ain't even worth or they ain't even worth the waste of my motherfucking time. And some of you clowns in the six one nine know exactly who in the fuck I'm talking about. So I'm not gonna even get these motherfuckers that I'm not. I don't nowadays. I used to dignify that shit with responses, motherfucking me, me, I'll pull up at the park. What's now I don't even have to do that no more. You dig what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, nahe fuck that. And I'm and and another thing I got to say about about the city of San Diego. Man, the city of San Diego. Man, Man, don't get the six one nine fucked up because we started that ship at the same time Compton and La and everybody else was getting busy. You did, know what I'm saying. And mother, and and every set in the six one nine, every I don't get fucking if it's a crip set, if it was a blood set, you got some riders out of each motherfucking set in San Diego. There ain't no punks in the sixth one nine. So I'm gonna give a shout out to my city, especially after this bootsy bullshit. You know what I'm saying. So whatever happened with Boosy and San Diego, you dig what I'm saying, it was just a flu It was. It was, it was, it was. It was a fluke of the circumstances. And that brother he's gonna have to deal with what he has to deal with. But don't get it fucked up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You come to San Diego, man, and you know somebody you check in. Not only are you gonna get protected. You dig what I'm saying, motherfuckers and San Diego's gonna be able to provide security for you. You dig what I'm saying, Move around the town and have a good time. Man, you brought up Boozy. You know what I'm saying. I think boys looking at it, I think he might. I think I think I think I think with this gun case, man Boosy might like, like they said, did they give him ten, he might do what eight and a half of his hen he looking at maybe eight? He in trouble. He gonna he gonna go sit down.
Speaker 3: You know, But especially if you got priors for firearms and you on parole or parbation for firearms and you get caught. I mean, there's no way you can deny it because it's all on social media at the pistol, and then they got the whatever the recording to where he was telling the bodyguards that they should have took the rap for the pistols or whatever.
Speaker 4: So his problem is he talked too fucking much.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it.
Speaker 3: Like I said, again, we live in these times where a nigga will test you and then you know, if you claiming to be that type of motherfucker, you might go to some sections where a nigga feel like, hey, nigga, you like like just like we was talking about last you know with with the female, there's just motherfuckers who's just gonna try to test you and see if you that type of motherfuker. So you know, he he he said it was for show. It was for the video. You know what I'm saying. It was the it was the Securities pistol, and he was.
Speaker 4: Gets you a prop gun some of you got if he had if he had a couple of prop guns.
Speaker 3: In My thing is this when you get to a certain level of of of MC artistry or whatever.
Speaker 1: You don't even carry around no pistol.
Speaker 4: No you don't.
Speaker 3: You give me gotta be somebody else. I'm calmed in I'm neighborhood. You know what I'm saying. If I'm in a situation like that, the security gonna have a pistol because I ain't finna try to go to jail for shooting. Now, not saying that the nigga ain't been in situations, but nigga.
Speaker 1: I'm not not trying to.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't like if I've been there, done that, you get me. I don't feel like I gotta I'm not even finna be grabbing a.
Speaker 1: Pistol for a video said.
Speaker 3: This is the thing, man, shit, I did when I was fucking twenty getting on a fucking video at fucking fifty years You get me.
Speaker 4: Hit about forty two, forty three years old. But this is a thing. Another thing. Man, If if if you got to pull up to a video shoot and have a pistol, you might reconn, You might.
Speaker 1: Want to re might not want to be at the video. Shit, you might.
Speaker 4: Want to reconsider where you're doing a video. Shit.
Speaker 3: You Yeah, that's that's how I say. At a certain age, not that you are punk, but you gotta avoid bullshit.
Speaker 1: That shit.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm going to a section where we might have to add the pistols over here, Okay, we might want to move the location.
Speaker 1: Then you get me.
Speaker 3: I don't need to go prove into a nigga that I'm a hard nigga from Louisiana or content by jumping out and all the fans and the niggas on the block see me with the pistol, Like, yeah, nigga, You're like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck real?
Speaker 3: Why if that's the case, nigga, we need to move our location. And if I'm in a spot where I'm accepted, I damn show I ain't finna have no fucking I don't need't.
Speaker 4: Need one, you understand. But at the same time, but you, but a motherfucker has to be privy enough. You understand what I'm saying to put security on him or herself. You understand what I'm saying. You have to make decisions to where you don't have to have the pistol. As eight was just saying, you know what I'm saying. If if I'm coming up here to do the Gangs of Chronicles, was invited to thank you my brothers again, if I felt that I needed a pistol to come here, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Coming exactly exactly like where y'all at and who y'all fuck with? And then I feel like, hm, I might need to take me a heater up there, when I that already has letting me know maybe I shouldn't be going to.
Speaker 4: Do it, and and and not to cut you off eight because I don't like to do that. I apologize you good so. But before I came up here, I called my homeboy, Mitchie Slick. I said, Slick was having with this gangster chronicle they asking me to come up. Slick said, Oh that's MCA He said, you cool, hummy, that's my peoples. Yeah, just like that, you did what I'm saying. I asked questions, you understand, And then you called Melly when I was up in Lancaster to go see him for an interview before I went, I mean before I checked back down in LA to go to see Drake get his award. And you know I always ask questions. You know what I'm saying, right, and Melly and Melly said the same Melly, Melly the Hood Postman said the same thing. He said, man still in eight he said, Mike, you good. As a matter of fact, you want me to pull up with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: People, you know, you know what I'm saying. You gotta check your surround You gotta check your surroundings.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And and uh, you know, so you know, just just getting I checked three references, and all three of the and all three of their references had nothing but good things to say about y'all. So I'm here, you know, and I done being invited to do a couple of other ones. In the first thing, man, what's going on with thieves over there? And I've had some people say, well, kind of be careful. This mother, forg got one foot in, one foot out. You don't know who gonna pull up exactly. You know what I'm saying, all those types of things, You know what I mean. So you know, I ask questions. Man, you know what I'm saying. I'm gonna put security on myself. You did what I'm saying first and foremost. And then when I come, I come in peace because you know, we all brothers, man, and meet myself, you know, And I'm extremely sincere when I say this. Man, you know, somewhere down in line we gotta figure out how we're gonna stop heart hurting and harming one another man in our communities.
Speaker 2: Man, God damn, I think it's possible to ever get to that point, though, well, you know, I'll probably be dead and go.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, you know, I was just about to say, before you ask me that question, that I just hope that I can see that in my lifetime. Man, you did what I'm saying. You know, because when I come, I come with the utmost respect. Man. You know what I'm saying. I don't care who you is. I don't give a damn what set you from. I don't, I don't, I don't you know, I don't care how big, how small man. One thing I do. I have a genuine concern for my people. Man, you did what I'm saying. And and and and when I pull up, I normally pull up solo bolo.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 4: I come by myself, you know what I'm saying. And I and and and and I'm a very spiritual brother, you know what I So I look up to the sky and ask Joh, Joh, this is in your hands now I'm here.
Speaker 2: I ask your philosophy, man, if it's somewhere we're in my spirit, I feel like I gotta take pistols and do all this and that I'm just not gonna go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's that's the point.
Speaker 3: Like I said, you you ain't niggas, ain't no punks or cowwarts or nothing like that. But being a grown man, you have to learn how to choose your options better to avoid drama. And that's your choice you give me, regardless of what a motherfucker might say or what their opinion. I'd rather be here than be locked up or laid up, you feel me, And that's it. That's just the that's just the end, motherfucking theory. You're gonna be locked up or laid up straight up, you know what I'm saying. So if I can avoid that, I damn should want to avoid getting locked up.
Speaker 1: You give me, especially.
Speaker 3: At this point, man, come on, I ain't got time to give me, and I'm damn showing in the position to how I need to be laid up behind somebody and some bullshit where nigga done laid me up? Because nigga, why the fuck you even here? You know something, I show shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be here. What's here for me?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Your woman at the crib, your motherfucking kids is straight, Your business is somewhere else, and your money is coming in. What the fuck am I doing here to prove to what? I'm still hard like?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Please, I'm beyond proving you get.
Speaker 2: I just got that. The girl, the woman Carlicia Hood, the woman whose son shot the guy. They're folling a lawsuit against the City of Chicago, the resting officers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they dropped the case. So now she wants to file a civil lawsuit. But that that that ain't I don't think it'll stick because you're gonna say what you were wrongfully accused or wrongfully arrested, your son did pop a motherfucker and whatever now we can, we'll claim it was self defense and we'll give you that and we'll let you out. But you ain't gonna turn around to try to get no bread out of us. Come on, we just let you off on a fucking murdered your hearts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what she should and.
Speaker 3: Didn't even then give your son like inviolnce terry mannslaughter and no shit, he did kill a motherfucker, like okay, he was beating your mama. But still how many times a a motherfucker? Go yeah, okay, but still, well, this is what she said. I've experienced pain in many ways that I would never have thought.
Speaker 1: She said, that's.
Speaker 3: The mental health. That's my mental health is fucked with right now.
Speaker 2: Hold on, She said, what happened to me was totally unnecessary. Never in a million years would I have imagined being brutally attacked, beaten and arrested.
Speaker 4: But this is what I'll say to missus Hood. Keep going, yeah, yeah, go ahead? Is that it it?
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Hood's attorney, Aary Williams, told the Chicago Sometimes and Monday, miss Hood is ill and has always been a victim. Brandon Brown, another lawyer for hood, Is, also hinted that additional lawsuits will be forthcoming.
Speaker 1: She's always what.
Speaker 2: Happened to his Hood, likely there would be additional bossuits forthcoming.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But the thing is, wonder what the lawyer. I wonder what the lawyer. I wonder what lawyer is going to take that case?
Speaker 1: Program?
Speaker 3: And what do you mean by that? She's always been so she done?
Speaker 1: Got her?
Speaker 4: Asked what before?
Speaker 3: Because if that's the case, ship, I've always been a victim too shit. I done been pulled over and fucked with by the police and fucking thrown and holding taints and all kind of.
Speaker 2: She's paying for the for the son's college. She said that that fourteen year old boy that back to him routing neck groom ass man, punching his mother in the face as if she were a man, is a true hero. If he wants to go to college, I'd love to help. It's what any son should have done for their mother, I believe.
Speaker 3: I agree with I said that, like if if if I'm watching somebody socking on my mama and there's a burner handy.
Speaker 4: He's he's in trouble, he's in trouble.
Speaker 3: He might he might not make it, And like he said, I'm gonna chase him from here to the next block over rocket and I'm gonna empty the whole motherfucker. I mean, that's why I said, that's the love for mom. So I'm like, so that's what I said. They let you out. They're not gonna charge you with murder. They gonna say it was self defense. Okay, But this is another one of my my, my, my saying exactly how is this city responsible for some brandom dudes, just socking you.
Speaker 1: You know what are you saying?
Speaker 4: Still?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now tell me it's this mental health. She just stupid. Ohio mom charged with murder after infant dies while she left on eighth DA vacation without her. Yeah, she crazy as hell, say. Chrystal larry Are thirty one admitted to leaving the little girl Xaling at the Cleveland home alone for eight days, all alone and unattended, and after David a team by u K YC showed she had traveled without the child to vacation in Puerto Rico and Detroit. The child was not living without any food of water. The child.
Speaker 4: They found a child in the garage. The child and went out to the to the to the garage and I'm assuming getting and getting in the car thinking is mama, her mama was gonna come home and take her somewhere. She They found the poor child dead in the front seat of the truck in the garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what they said. Reportedly found Jalen unconscious and extremely dehydrated. The infant's body was allegedly located in the state of disarray. The girls play peeing hit soil. Blankets in the bottom line are saturated with here in the feces. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Speaker 3: Now you know what broke So they saying, the mama went to Puerto Rico and just left her there, left her there.
Speaker 4: That's that's mentor.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's steam my little baby though, that's the mentor. That's the mentor because you like it is some true, like I said, unfortunately, it's it's a serious problem. And mental health is real. And I know a lot of regular average motherfuckers. You know, the way we look at you know, people with problems, we'll call them crazy and and and hey, nigga, go you know what I'm saying, We don't really look at that too often about mental health and what real problems they are. But that should have been no way she should have been having a baby. Baby, You get me. If her if her motherfucking if her mentality is I could go to Puerto Rico and leave a sixteen month old in the play pin, you shouldn't have been having no kid, you get me.
Speaker 4: In the family, and the family should have made that assessment as well, if she had family around.
Speaker 2: The thing that make you question, like the neighbors respond to tragic news, I hope she pays what she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that makes you question what kind of father who laid up and had sex with her to have a kid, Because you gotta know there's some issues there. You get me, You're not a normal motherfucking and you just wake up and decide, Oh, I'm gonna leave my baby in the play pin and I'm finna go to Puerto Rico.
Speaker 4: Well, the first the first news.
Speaker 3: Not not to the grocery stores. Don't shit like that, but thistle to play this what the neighbors is saying. They don't know why she didn't ask them for help before, because she said this. One neighbor said that the young mother would sometimes would go days and weeks without contacting them, while soon lem watch the infant. So the neighbors said they.
Speaker 2: Already maybe all the time, and the mom be gone weeks and days of the time without saying.
Speaker 3: Them drugs, drugs and mental health and mental health man real talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she had a pattern. So she had a pattern. I wonder, how come the neighbors and go over there and try to do a welfare check and then and then, but they probably don't know the babies.
Speaker 3: That's why I say, shit, is left behind and shit is is is put on desk skin and you don't get because they already knew she was fucked up because, like she said, she'd be leaving for days at a time. So right then and there, somebody should have been contacted.
Speaker 2: This woman was a teacher too, dog substitute elementary teacher.
Speaker 3: She's mental. I don't give a fuck what you say. You know, normal motherfucker leaving a kid. Now, yeah, now I know a motherfucker go kick it and shit, But at liasa motherfucker be back after at least a day.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 3: A motherfucker leaving a and done it several times. That should have been like I said, why haven't the Why wasn't the neighbors like, hey, this lady then left her baby here and she been gone for three days. Somebody should have been contacted. But you just let her walk back up, hand her the baby and go, hey, she does it all the time. If evidently you get me because they said it, she's left the baby, he's here and been gone for several days.
Speaker 4: So, like I said, there's a pattern.
Speaker 3: No social services was called, no nothing, no police, like y'all let her do this at least two or three times, you get me, so.
Speaker 4: No account of building.
Speaker 3: And then some motherfuckers don't want to get involved with shit, but you're watching their kids, so like, oh, I don't want to tell on her, or I don't want to call and get her in trouble and shit like that. You feel me, I don't want to get her in trouble. So but now you telling what she used to do? It's too late. Now you get me? Now you think what we don't even want to hear from you? Now what the fuck? Now you want to say, Well, she used to leave the baby here for days at a time and be gone. Okay, So why you're telling, motherfucker two months ago that shit, or three months ago or a year ago or whatever said the baby was only sixteen months and you already got incidents where she's in left the child there and been gone for several days. That's a red fucking flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, social service, because I'm gonna tell you leave your baby with somebody. For you leave your baby with somebody for a day, your checking in something wrong. I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 3: You, man, you leave a baby in the fucking car. You see how motherfuckers be all surrounding the car. You mean to tell me you leave a baby for days at the neighbor And nobody's like, I'm gonna tell you this bitch, I got a job to go through. I'm still sitting here watching this baby.
Speaker 2: One year olds in the car. Dog, aren't you gonna do something to see some kids? You don't know? I've seen a couple of times. Dog, I saw like some kids. They was probably like one probably like thirteen fourteen months and the other one was a baby, and could tell the little brother was in there trying to watch them. They got the windows rolled up. Dog. I went and got the mall security and had them open up the motherfucking door. And I had to open up the door. You know, I didn't just leave them there. Open the door up and get leave the door open for the kids. Right. Wife went and got them some waters out the mall, lemonades, stuff like that, you know what I mean. And in there waiting for the mom to come back. She come out there, young girl, dog with a young but a guy right and I said, oh, well, what is y'all messing with my kids? For mind? You're on fucking business. I said, these kids could have died out here. It's about ninety degrees I here, so you know, if it's eight degrees outside in the cars and cars a hundred They black white Mexican shit young know, and I don't know if they got them to do that. I just think, but this with these young people. Dog, See when you have a kid, man with people don't understand the moment you have a child, the shit you got going on over with, Yeah, real talk, it's over with all your little dreams and aspirations. It's about what they got going on now. So see a lot of these young kids go out and have got babies and stuff. Dog, or don't realize the responsibility that it is. You know what I'm saying, responsibility. Fuck you going out and want to have fun and kick it.
Speaker 4: It's not about you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: She up there meeting the nigga at the mall, probably don't want to the movies and everything else. Lift them on the car with a water bottle. Take care of your little brother while I was gone, And then you gotta wonder where they daddy is that she probably ain't evenletting the daddy see the babies. It's a lot of fun up ship. But man, I appreciate you coming here to sit down with his man.
Speaker 4: Yah yay again man, yeah, man, I'm always recepted to coming and sitting down with you good brothers man. And you know, I really enjoyed myself. You know, the ride was cool. Man bumping some so os band that's right, call the men coming up, air conditioner on. And I just you know, just in my thoughts, you know, so you know, I you know, I want to give a shout out again. I want to give a shout out to my homeboy Mellie Mail, the hood Postman. I want to give a shout out to Mitchill Slick. I want to give a shout out to my younger brother Mail up out of Atlanta. I want to get a shout out to ce Low. I want to give a shout out to the Goodie Mob. I want to give a shout out to King Floatie up out of Atlanta. I want to give a shout out to the young brother that just passed away in Houston. What's his name? Oh yo, big Poky, big Ques right, And I want to give a shout out to, you know, blessings and peace to that brother and his family. Man. And I want to give a shout out to all the black communities across this great United States. Man, I love you brothers and sisters, man, and I just hope that one of these days we as a community can get it together man and come together. Man, and and and literally. You know I'm gonna say this, man, practice what these white folks practice.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You did what I'm saying, so you know again still eight Brian. You know, thank you for having me, man, and you know I'm willing to come on any time.
Speaker 2: Man. You brothers asked me for sure. Man, where can people get at you on Instagram? Because I know you glass catch DM you if y'all going through something may hit the brother up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: What's your Instagram?
Speaker 4: My Instagram is Michael with a Y M y c h A E L the with a A the th h A ball game. Yeah, man, it hit me up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: If your brothers and sisters need need to talk, man, just to give me a hollow man, I am gonna start. Everybody merely been on my hammet about starting my podcast. I'm calling it the Platinum Carpet. You did what I'm saying, so I'm gonna I'm gonna end up starting that and I'm gonna start going live a little bit more on Instagram. I'm really not into social media all like that, but a lot of people has been talking to me saying, Mike, you know, you can benefit a lot of people if you, you know, kind of make yourself a little bit more available. So you know, I am gonna start doing that, you know. And you know, and and and all your brothers and sisters out there. And what just when I say brothers and sisters, I mean whites say, had a girl take off of the body. You know, you guys take care of yourselves, take care of your families, man, and be well, you know what I mean. And and uh and and I wish you all well man. And I really appreciate this platform for sure.
Speaker 1: Good looking family, they appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you guys make sure all to follow our Instagram page. Against the Chronicles podcast The Homeboy ms paget Hey way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we do. We out of here, Jill. If my notes like Pinocchio, We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing.
Speaker 4: But your.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: That concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the i Heeart app and subscribe to the Gainst the Chronicles podcast for Apple users, find a purple Michael on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for the Gainst the Chronicles podcast Norman still Daring, Yate Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and our audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gainst the Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and The Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts Wherever you're listening to your podcasts