Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It's the holiday season, the best time of year for sports, ball games, basketball matchup, playoff pushes, and it's all happening at once. And while you and I'm here making decisions every day what gifts to buy, what to eat, which game to watch, there's one place where it feels good to be right Prize picks.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: We're the ficker football season and some of you guys might be feeling like stir fry, but teams are losing.
Speaker 1: But don't you worry.
Speaker 2: That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. Week fourteen of football did not disappoint. Buffalo Sincy game was crazy battle of MVP quarterbacks. We know Josh Allen one, what a whole lot of offense, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, more and more all damn day baby. New feature alert, Prize Picks now has early payoffs. If your lineup gets off to a hot start, you may now have the option to cash out those winnings before the game even finishes. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in download the prize picks after today. Use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineups prize picks.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the Houston Texans move to eight and five thanks to a twenty ten victory over the Kansas City Chiefs, the Chiefs fall to six and seven and their run of winning the division that's out of the window. But just making the playoffs that got bleaked tonight with this twenty to ten loss at home to the Houston Texans. Oh Joe, we're going to get into that just a second. I do not agree with that called that Andy Reid made, going for it. When points are at a premium, you don't leave a team in field goal range. They don't have to get a first down. They can get a field goal like that, but the score a touchdown. I am your favorite, OK, Shannon Sharp. That is my partner and co host the Liberty City and Legend Bengals Ring of Fame Arteriye, a former pro bowler and and all Pro He's Chad O Yo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support. None of this is possible without you. None of the awards, none of the adulation, none of the praise, none of are almost two million subs. None of this is possible without you and Ocho and I all the Nightcap family would like to thank you sincerely from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you for your support and you'll continue support.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: If you want to purchase a bottle of Shade by Laportier and it's not currently any state or sitting near you, head over to Laportier Kanyak dot com to order you a bottle of two and it will get shipped directly to your door. It is a premium VSLP Kanjact, the best tasting premium VSLP Conjact on the market. Don't take my word for it, though. Try it and compare it against other konjacts, and I'm sure you'll be convinced. It is the smoothest, best tasting knjact you've ever had. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Check out my media company page on all of its platforms.
Speaker 1: That's Shaysha Media.
Speaker 2: Add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. The Houston Texans beat the Kansas City Chiefs by the score of twenty to ten. Patrick Mahomes through three interceptions as Kansas City playoffs hopes continue to fade. He was fourteen of thirty three under fifty percent completion, only one hundred and sixty yards, no touchdowns, three interceptions, was sacked twice. He didn't get much help from his receiving corps. Taekwon Thornton dropped the touchdown. Travis Kelsey dropped two plays on that left final drive OHO and then one of them got picked. Rashid Rice dropped a huge fourth down. He got little Peatri. I think I think that that thing kind of jarred him a little bit. I don't think he was all the way back Ojo because Peter dropped the boom on him. He did, he dropped the boom on it. He was totally relaxed. But the Texans did an unbelievable job. They got after the quarterback tonight and they forced him be shut down.
Speaker 1: I mean they had.
Speaker 2: Twins, but Mahomes with the leading rusher with seven carries for fifty nine yards. But oh, you're watching this game and you see the Houston Texans and what they were able to do. They go in the arrow ahead, they get this victory, stay attached to the Jacksonville Jaguars who leaves that division. Yes, they needed this victory in order to try to gain some footing, get into the playoff hunt and potentially chase down the Jags.
Speaker 1: But what did you like about what you saw from the Houston Texans?
Speaker 4: Listen, the Texan got it done.
Speaker 5: What I didn't like obviously, they didn't make enough adjustments for me, especially offensively. One trip McDuffie went out. You knew that that Spagnola had to bring pressure. Now with them bringing pressure, I got tired of seeing CJ. Stroud run for his life and they make no adjustments offensively. Obviously, I would think if you know they're blitzing every time. Stop running plays where the plays take long to develop. Just go quick game, if anything, do do things, you know, misdirection, get you know, get them, get them going one way and come back the opposit waity with something something else. But just seeing she destroud run for life. But they were able to make some plays even with that pressure.
Speaker 4: And they the back end was exposed.
Speaker 5: Obviously that god happened once you do blitz and outside of that, the defense. The defense won that game. The defense for the Houston Texans won that game for them. I'm not sure what's wrong with the Kansas City Chiefs. They lost what five of for their last fives or something something like that.
Speaker 4: They just don't look the same.
Speaker 5: Obviously, they have a great run, They've had a great run, and probably even though they have fifteen who probably is arguably one of the greatest, not maybe the second greatest quarterback of all time, this year just hasn't been it for them at all. Everyone is healthy now offensively, Everyone is healthy now offensively, and they let they let pack Mahome down. Uh Rashid Rice Hollywood Brown. He made some plays. Kelsey he did, he did. He looks almost like a.
Speaker 1: Shell of himself and he didn't play well.
Speaker 2: It's cold oo when you get you know he when you're old and it's cold ood you a.
Speaker 4: Young that a that ain't no excuse. You know that you have to adapt to the elements. You got to adapt to that.
Speaker 1: There's the reason why old people moved to Porta in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, We've been catching football's all we been.
Speaker 2: We've been thirty six all our life. We've been thirty seven all our life. We have been forty all our life.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen to me. Listen to me real quick. All you use your your eyes and your hands. That's all the come down to. You could be sixty years old your eyes in your hands. That don't never fail in regardless how old you get. But the Houston Texas, that god damn defense on boy, they can get out of the quarterback.
Speaker 4: They got the back in the back end.
Speaker 5: Man. The bloom Boys played very well, played very well. So I'm glad. I'm glad to see the Texans win. They won the last four of their last five games, so it seems like they're ascending right now.
Speaker 4: While the Kansaseley Chiefs are descending.
Speaker 2: They are Like I said, Taekwon Thornton had to touch down his hands. He dropped that great play by great great play to not give up, by lass to continue to fight all the way through the catchy Rashid Rice had a couple of drops. Travis had a couple of drops. We know that the offensive line is beat the hell. The left tackle comes in and he gets out, and now you're going against You're going with an undrafted uh left tackle against d'anil Hunter and Will Anderson Jr. That's not a recipe for success. But I thought he played really really well tonight. The offensive line is not you know the best. I mean, think about it. You're starting left tacklers out, your backup left tacklers out. You're starting all Pro right guard he's out. You're starting right tackle, he's out. So think about it. You're down, You're probably you're down to your backups, to your backups, and at some point in time you keep saying next man, next man up, next man up. Well, the next man up need to be making the equivalent of the guy that he's replacing, because if you say I got a guy that's making fifteen million, and then you bring a guy in four hundred thousand. There's a reason why one guy's making fifteen million. Oh Joe, there's a reason why one guy's making four hundred thousand. So we got you read this notion, Oh man, next man up.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why he was down to begin with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I disagree with the call to Andy made because points are out of premium at this point in time, the scores ten to ten. We're late in the ball game, O Joe, I will punt the ball because at that point in time, the Texans hadn't done anything in the second half. I think they might might've had fifty yards in the second half. For the longest time they were negative yards. Kansas City's defense and honed in s Fags had done a great job of dilling it up, stopping you run on first down, getting out the CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud, getting him off its mark.
Speaker 2: In that situation, I disagree with Andy, and I don't like to disagree with Andy because I think he's one hell of a coach and his residence speaks for itself. But in a game like this with points out of premium, I don't want to do it. If they do nothing offensively, they're in field goal ring yeah, I can't make that call. Oh Joe, I gotta punt this ball away.
Speaker 1: I understand. I got Patrick Mahomes, and I understand he wants to go up and go for it.
Speaker 2: Go for every quarterback you're gonna want to go with Ellie. He gonna want to go for it on fourth and ten, fourth and twelve. But sometimes you got to use your better part. You gotta use your judgment and like, you know what, let's punt this ball. Let's make let's force them to make a mistake. Let's not give them a gift. And I felt that's what they did, and that was really the difference in the ball game. But like I said, these guys, I mean, Mahomes were a little off. I mean he had great that's a hard play to defend. And you and I talked about it with a running back. You see Marx, he called a touchdown. He pretend like he was gonna walk. He slipped out.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 2: Flipped it to him because that's the guy that has in man. Well, he's coming on the blitz. I ain't standing in the block him. I'm just gonna slip him and get to the flass. You see, the guys a lot of times those tight ends will be on the line. They're helping, helping everybody sinking. Now they drift out. The only thing I would tell North keep it up the feet. Why are you going to get a headache? Did you see that linebacker drifting that way? Now, Mahomes through a terrible pass. I would prefer you leak up the field and give yourself some room so you don't run into that headache that's in that middle linebacker that's waiting on you. But to make a long story short, and I know I went, I made a short story long. The Chiefs aren't getting very good this year.
Speaker 5: No, absolutely not. And honestly, Mahomes is fourteen for thirty three. He had three interceptions. You only threw for one sixty to night Exay be Worthy had three to fifty five. If I'm not mistaken, he might have been their leading receiver. The fact that Patch Mahomes with a leading rusher, then you're not that's not gonna win you many games.
Speaker 4: That's not gonna win you many games. You have to have some type of balance.
Speaker 5: They were one demensum tonight for the simple fact that they couldn't run the ball.
Speaker 4: They haven't been able to run the ball all season long, honestly, and.
Speaker 2: That's why I, oh Joe, I felt that they should have gave up the second round pick or maybe even a first round pick for a Chane because if there back that's coming out in the draft that you believe that's better than a chan that can run the ball between the tackles, can hit his head on the gold post, can catch the ball out of the backfield. Because I mean Pacheco, I mean, Lord, have mercy. He get a hold, he runs right up the lineman's back. I'm like, bro, what are you doing? You look yeah and kareem he I'm glad to see him back. But he's basically a power back. He's a three yard in the cloud of dust guy. He's not a guy that you can consistently give the ball to and you hope to him to break something big. That's not what he is right now. He's a two to three yard a carry guy. That's what he is, Oh Joe, And there's nothing wrong with that. There's a place for that guy that you know he can get you very very tough yards. The initial of the first guy normally doesn't bring him down. But they need they need playmakers. They need guys that can help Patrick Mahomes out because at this juncture he can't do I mean, he can't.
Speaker 1: Do any more than what he's doing. He can't, he can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, guys, guy's gotta make and when your quarterback, and that's the thing, when your quarterback isn't playing well, you need guys that can step up in plays.
Speaker 1: And he didn't get any help tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, he didn't.
Speaker 5: And the playmaker that we're speaking of, Honestly, I think as far as the receiver receivers are receivers are concerned, I think they're set there. But Patrick Mahomes has to stop running the ball so much. They need a premium to do the that Like when when I think about Breis Hall, I think Breese Hall might have had a chance to go there before before the deadline for for trade for trades. That would have been perfect for them. That would have been perfect for them. So a running back like a Jamior Gibbs, I'm saying, I'm not saying there's another Jamior Gibbs.
Speaker 4: Actually somebody like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, A chan running back like that that can that can actually hit his head off the goal post from anywhere, and every time he does get the ball, get the chance that something could happen. You know, that takes some of the pressure off of the homes not having to do so much with his arm all the time, and always happened to be superman and make the plays that.
Speaker 2: Because the thing is sometimes that you know, in the West Coast system, the short passing game is an extension of the run. They need the run. They don't need an extension of the run. They need to be able to run the football, and right now they can't. Now the offense line is beat to hell, and we understand that because you know, your right tackle is out, your left tackle went out, the guy that replaced him went out. So now you're down to your third guy at tackle and who's an undrafted free agent. Now you're right guard is out. Now you're down to your backup at right guard. So it's tough. It's tough. It's really tough. Go ahead, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Have a question. I don't know why his name is sipping my mind right now.
Speaker 5: The running back they used to play for the Candy Kansas City Chiefs towards a cl But before he towards a cl he was fast Jamal Charles, Jamal Charles. They that's what they need. They need another Jamal Charles or somebody like that. I mean, man, listen, Jamal get that ball. If he hit that edge, you get to that second level, you might.
Speaker 4: You might. The fat lady might as well sing. They need something like that. There's nothing like that in the draft.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either.
Speaker 5: So whoever, and whatever they do get, it has to be an off season acquisition. I have a good one for you right now. I think they need to do whatever whatever they need to do in the off sea. They need to go get an They need to go.
Speaker 2: No, not at this, not at this junction of his career. Too many catches, too many carriers on that body. He's not that guy anymore.
Speaker 1: Oo. He's serviceable, but he's not that Ojo no breeze hawks much.
Speaker 4: I'm good. He's much better than what they have that.
Speaker 2: You need, you need, you need a guy that you could really depend on. He's breaking down in Cansas, he's breaking down in New Orleans. Do you realize how many touches he has on his body?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, you realize how many how many touches? Derreck Henry? Yes, Look look what he did last year.
Speaker 1: He's not the same this year.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's because he's not getting the same opportunities as he got last year. I think me personally, I think they need a little bigger back.
Speaker 4: No, they got Kareem Hunt.
Speaker 2: They don't stop it. Come on now, we like, we love Kareem, We appreciate him coming on.
Speaker 4: When you said and you said that bigger back, but.
Speaker 2: A breeze Hall. They need that type of back. A guy that's being can run with power and run with speed. Okay, okay, okay, everybody look jamir Gil, but they also have David Montgomery.
Speaker 1: You look at look at the Green Bay.
Speaker 2: They got a two back system, Josh Josh Jacob and they got twenty three. I can't get his name out the top of my head. Look at look at the forty nine ers. Brian Robinson Jr. Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: Yeahs.
Speaker 2: So the Backs need to They've got to do. They gotta do some soul searching, they really do. And I thought Kansas City Defense played really well tonight.
Speaker 1: They weren't.
Speaker 2: I mean there are some times that they got through and they couldn't get a C. J on the ground and he made some play. But see, that's what happens when you when you bring pressure and you sacrifice your back in because you know, once McDuffie went out, they're okay back there, but they're not great. They they make they they make. They hate when they can bring when that that pressure can get there. If the pressure don't get there, guy's gonna be running open.
Speaker 5: You know. The bad thing about it is is for Spags having to make the adjustments with Trent McDuffie going out. When you do bring that pressure, McDuffie can lock down one side, he doesn't need any help, so you can bring all that pressure from the opposite side of the field knowing that Trip McDuffie's gonna take care of the side. But once he goes out, hey, yeah, you're backing and basically exposed. Which is why see this, Droud was able to make some of those plays despite him having a run for his life most of the God.
Speaker 2: Damn, You're like, you're right, you're right, but look, it's one of those years. The textas this is what the Texans defense did in the second half. They pick Mahomes off twice. I mean, he went like what nine straight passes that either the passes were either incomplete or they were intercepted twenty eight point six completion percent rate, and they had almost a forty two percent win rate. And when you look at it, the Houston Texas are now eight and five, they're in the eighth seed.
Speaker 1: Behind the Laker, behind the Chargers.
Speaker 2: But their game back, their game back of Jacksonville and they got they got three of their last four games or at home. They look they really they really do control their own destiny.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then we're gonna talk about that Daniel Jones is gonna be lost for the season. They did him with this service. They did him a sign. A man's playing on a broken leg. So when you play on a broken leg, O, yoe, what do you do? You compensate. So when you compensate with the other side.
Speaker 4: Of your yeah, yeah, other parts of the body gonna compensate for that injury.
Speaker 1: Is just it's the.
Speaker 2: Same way as your car if you're tired, if going flat and you don't change it, you're gonna mess Instead of just getting that child, change that little donut.
Speaker 1: You're gonna mess up the rear end. That's not a body. The body was.
Speaker 2: But when you start walking side you know, now all of a sudden, something else you're gonna knock something else out of way. But we'll talk about that just a second. But give give, give the Houston Texas credit. They haven't had a whole lot of success. Oh you're going into Kansas City, uh and winning, But they got the job done they needed to do. They needed to win this game. Give a Demico Ryans. I think he's a hell of a young coach. He's doing an unbelievable job with this team. He's got him playing extremely well. They're gonna be in every game because of that defense. As long as the offense arms way, they can get a little bit of consistency, a little bit of consistency with the run game. I think, you know, Nico Collins, I think you know, I think they got guys that can make can make some plays.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: What happened to Joe Mixon?
Speaker 1: He out for the season.
Speaker 2: He had an ankle injury or foot injury or something, and so he didn't he didn't do anything. And oh, he didn't do anything, and and O t A this this something you know, So he's done for the season. Okay, yeah, oh Joe the Titans. Titans beat the Browns but your door showing the very historic club doing his third NFL start Browns quarterback with three hundred pass yards, three touchdowns, and a rush touchdown in the same game since nineteen fifty. He's also the seventh rookie in the Super Bowl era to throw for three hundred and sixty yards have four total touchdowns, rush or pass in the same game, joining C. J. Stroud, Joe Burrow, Dejaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Andrew Look and Matthew Stafford. But stop, but despite got me frustrated because.
Speaker 1: I'm a boy. I'm mad at. I'm mad at.
Speaker 2: In the wed hornet uh Stefanski took him out with the game on the line, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I don't understand?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, when you come, you're down fourteen, you score touchdown, you're at home? Why are you going for two? Kick the pat? And guess what, O Joe, you're down seven? Now you score touchdown to kick the pat? Guess what on Joe?
Speaker 1: We tied?
Speaker 4: H Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, there's no there's no there's no explanation behind what the Fanski is doing.
Speaker 4: There's none, there's none at all.
Speaker 5: But what I can tell you is I can tell you that in job that in jobs Georgs was why he's making the calls that he's making. There's no reason you got six minutes left in the game, shoe door goes down, Sure goes down, and he scores.
Speaker 2: Why go for two? Wo Joe, you tell me I just need somebody when you down for that is you're at home. Even if you're down an even number, Why would you go for two?
Speaker 1: Because now if you get you're chasing points. You don't need to do that.
Speaker 5: Hold on for one as well as he was playing. Look at the numbers he put the day as well as he was playing all game long.
Speaker 4: Right, you want to put the ball in your.
Speaker 5: Best player's hands that has a hot that has a hot hand at the right time.
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 5: So if you are gonna go for two, if you're gonna make that decision to go for two, you put the ball in your quarterback's hands, who just drove you down not once, but twice on back to back drives to get you a chance to win the game, or at least time game.
Speaker 4: I think I was so confused by this. It had to make two phone calls.
Speaker 5: I had to make two phone calls the people who have been head coaches before, just to make sure I can get a better understanding and get a better perspective in context on what was being made. But obviously, even though they're not coaching anymore right now, even though they're not a part of the NFL right now, the answers they gave me were pc so they wouldn't give me what I really wanted to hear.
Speaker 4: And I'm not.
Speaker 5: Going to say any names, but Stefanski, I can't say anything about being fired because this is the reason why they didn't want your door starting in the first place.
Speaker 4: Because now you see.
Speaker 1: He just started at the beginning of the season. What could we have been?
Speaker 5: And U, I mean, this is exactly why they didn't want Tom start. This is exactly why he wouldn't get any refs because they understood what you would get once he gets there and he gets acclimated to the system with his players and it gets any kind of chemistry and continuity with that offense, this is what you get and the stuff you pulling when you get when you when you after you score and taking them out.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is not college.
Speaker 5: You're not running trick plays. You're not gonna fool anybody. The wildcat is not gonna work. This is not two thousand and seven. Ronnie Brown is back there.
Speaker 1: They tried to run the wildcat. Oo. They tried to run the wildcat.
Speaker 2: Look the reason why the Dolphins ran the Wildcats because that quarterback wasn't any good. You got a competent quarterback that's playing his ass off. I felt that he made probably one mistake tonight, O Joe, is that when he threw the ball up down the middle of the field when he was playing so well, and he didn't really need to do that, And that's why I let you do it. You're playing so well, you know you're not supposed to just eat the ball up down in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the field.
Speaker 2: Other than that, Ojo, I thought this young man played extremely well.
Speaker 1: He was balling in the game.
Speaker 2: Throw with touch, the one he dropped down in the bucket, Ah man, he dropped it in the bucket. Good thing the bros that he had that we was giving a fan in junior. The one in the touch the Jerry Judy that he hit for sixty that basically the same played that he missed that he overshot him the game before hit him.
Speaker 5: The time, and I'm glad, I'm glad. I'm glad him and Judy got on that on that same page this week. I was I was happy to see that, But that God damn Fan and Jr.
Speaker 1: But he.
Speaker 5: Every every goddamn week, forty four popping up on them, every week forty four, popping up on film. I don't I don't know what they got out on, what kind of chemistry. I don't know if they stay out the practice and they and they work together. But every time the ball is in the air, he got he got there.
Speaker 2: Hey, what about the touch pass that he threw, the he retreating and through the touch paths and Joku, Oh yeah, I mean he has things that you just can't teach you. No, no, you can't have things you can't teach. And the funny thing about it, Go ahead, make your point. No, I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: What he lacks in mobility, he makes up in so many other areas when it comes to when it comes to being able to extend plays, being able to play off script, being able to being able to be accurate, being able to.
Speaker 4: Be accurate you know, on the run.
Speaker 5: He's phenomenal with that, and the fact that he looks as good and only a third start as bad as the Cleveland Browns team is not, defense team is offensively to have him in there and give him that spark to where now in each game they're competing us.
Speaker 4: Yes, theyre compete weekend and weekend.
Speaker 1: And he's he's and he's playing through his bull drive.
Speaker 5: Coach, Hey, matter of fact, maybe maybe maybe we can ask the chat even if you don't like your door, you know, even if you don't like the Browns, can you please give me the explanation in the chat why you take him out two drives back to back with opportunity to get closer and put point when points are a premium in a situation like this where you want to win a game, what I mean you you would think so fantasy would want to win the game, but some of the stuff, some of the play codes you haven't and situations like that you putting your team.
Speaker 4: In homes yea.
Speaker 2: For me, it was it was taking him out going to the wildcat when your best player, you know he needs to be on the field. But what I don't understand. I need somebody to explain him. Why did he go for two points on the first time he scored a touchdown. That's what I need to understand, because at that point in time on Joe, you don't need it. You don't need it. You don't And then so let me guess this SA So now we're down eight because we didn't we we were dumb.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe an ego had a rock and it dropped it on my and Stefanski's head. I don't know what happened. But so now we gotta go for two. So we're gonna take We're gonna take shaduor out and we're gonna run Wildcat. And the guy forgetting to pitch the ball, I'm thinking. I'm thinking he was supposed to pitch it.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was supposed to pitch it. He was supposed to come around and he was gonna throw it.
Speaker 2: I guess somebody else is gonna go out more pass I guess, I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean we're at this point in time on Joe, we we we just like everybody else.
Speaker 1: We had we had a loss for words.
Speaker 5: I'm confused, and the only way as a head coach, this is how I know a job isn't in jeopardy. This is how I knowing job is in jeopardy, because when your job is in jeopardy, you call plays that are conducive for you to look good as a head coach and with a quarterback plan as well as he was playing.
Speaker 4: Even if even if it one should do a quarterback.
Speaker 1: That has game, You're not taking him out.
Speaker 4: No, you're not taking hi out because your job is on the line.
Speaker 1: You're not taking him job is on the line.
Speaker 5: I need to do everything I can to show management and those that are in positions of power who can make the call on whether I stay or go. That's coming from the top. Matter of fact, we can't even blame the coach. This is the same situation. Who's the reason who took the fall for Luca getting traded again? Stefanski is basically Niko. The Stfanski is basically Nico Collumns. He's taking off, taking all the heat, but the call is coming from up above. Listen, whatever you do, whatever you need to do, Do whatever you need to do to make him look bad, because there's no why you're not trying to win.
Speaker 4: Are you trying to take purposely? Are you trying to.
Speaker 5: Make your team look bad purposely because that's exactly what you're doing, because you have every Cleveland Brown fan, every football fan, scratch your head about the decision making you making as a head coach.
Speaker 2: I've had people reach out to me and ask me, they don't even really know football like that, say why they take your do out because they.
Speaker 1: Say, we asked.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask you because I know you know you played the game, you watch the game, you study the game. I said, I don't know. It's like you know something. I'm like, Damn, I aint a Cleveland I don't know. Hell if I do, I tweeted, it needs to be studied. They need a Hey, d OJ Department of Justice. I need y'all open up an investigation and what the hell is going on in Cleveland? What the hell is the FANSK doing? Because it makes no sense even if you want to run the wildcat, considering that your quarterback is playing at a he's on fire. He's hotter than bought Box was in a forest fire. That's how heart of you is, O Joe, and you take him out, You take him out to think about this, O Joe. You take him out to have somebody else throw a pass, because that that that's what it looked like.
Speaker 1: If you was gonna flip it to him, what was he gonna do? Run it?
Speaker 2: Or he was gonna run and put him and throw throw up a pull up and throw a pass. So that's what I list he was gonna throw up. Listen, he was gonna through. He was gonna throw it to somebody. If junkers it flipped the ball like it's supposed to. Obviously, misdirection.
Speaker 5: You know how well misdirection works when you're playing against the defense that's.
Speaker 4: Extremely aggressive, extremely aggressive.
Speaker 5: You're you're hoping somebody misses assignment and a and a in a back in a back or a receiver or a tight end, you know, leaks out and he's wide open.
Speaker 4: But it didn't happen. It didn't work. It didn't work that.
Speaker 2: I don't give I don't, I don't, I don't care. I'm gonna go down. I'm gonna go down and look if you you brought me this far, you brought me this far. Yeah, if this is as far as you can take us, what you bought a father than I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't get it. I don't get it. And I told you it doesn't make hard here's.
Speaker 2: What stepansk you said about going for two that last two point conversion.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen to what he had to say. Yes, so.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to happen on that last two point conversion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not going to get in all the specific cheff, but obviously did not go as we thought it.
Speaker 2: Would you make that call any time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I make every call. I make every call. Why would you take him off again? It's a two point play. Uh didn't come through on our first two point play. I got to the second two point play. We didn't come through. But that's that's all me that.
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 4: Was that play call?
Speaker 6: You times every I'm responsible for all of it.
Speaker 2: No, I thought I thought you turned over play calling duties. Now it's being reported Mary kay, I need you to call. I need you to let us know jump in the chat because it was reported that he turned the play call and over the time he reached right. So I know everything's on you and you don't want to get into it. Get into it. What went into your thinking that when your door Sanders had led you that back from fourteen down, he had led you back. What made what went into the decision to take him off the field and potentially have someone else throw a two point conversion.
Speaker 1: What went into your decision? Go hold on? Hold on?
Speaker 5: Not only half someone else throw the two point conversion? Half someone else throw the two point conversion. That wasn't your quarterback, that was on fire like he was playing NBA jams.
Speaker 4: Hold on a.
Speaker 5: Play like that in college, I understand it. Yes, I understand, because they don't see it coming. In the NFL, it's not working. That's a play for the movie The Long Yard, or maybe on Thanksgiving and you got you in the goddamn Turkey Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's what it's for, or maybe the movie Waterboy.
Speaker 5: That's when you run a play like that, not with a game on the line that you're actually trying to win and compete.
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: I swear for God on my mama recipeace. I had to call two of my.
Speaker 5: Former coaches to get a better perspective on what they were doing.
Speaker 4: Because you've been a head.
Speaker 5: Coach, Please explain to me you've been in that position before. If that was you, why do you call a play like that? And of course they wouldn't give me an answer. They wanted to keep it pc like.
Speaker 2: Why you should have been in that situation, because you should have kicked the pat to begin with, Why the hell you go for two on the first pat? You're only down fourteen, You're down an even number, So why the hell are you going? Why are you hell? Are you going for two on the first pat? If you just kick it now, you're down seven, Now you don't have to chase the second point.
Speaker 1: That's what makes no sense to me. Nothing.
Speaker 2: First of all, it didn't make who he started. He went with FLACKO.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, they said Dylan Gable that drafted him.
Speaker 2: In the third round. Okay, whatever the case may be. We can't go back in time undo what's already done. But moving forward, the guy gives you a great opportunity to win, a great opportunity. He's playing his ass off, and you undercut him by taking him off the field. You undercut him by going for two when it's unnecessary. So I'm just trying to figure out, and I don't want to use the word sabotage, but I will say I'm trying to understand your rationale and your thought process. What goes into going for two the first time? When you're only down fourteen, you kick the pat? You're down seven. Okay, now you're down eight because you didn't get the first pat I mean the first two point conversion. So now you're down eight, you gotta go for it. What goes into a rationale after you see what your quarterback has done? Why would you take him off the field? And as somebody that doesn't play the position, do you really are you really really trusting someone that hasn't thrown a pass to throw a pass in that situation, in that moment at that jumps out of game?
Speaker 1: You really want to do that? O Joe? Is that really what you want to do? Chat? Hey don't know.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: They're doing that on purpose.
Speaker 5: They're doing it on purpose, and it's just not this Just just think about since training camp. Just think about all the games they've continued to play, their organization has continued to play.
Speaker 4: You know what you're doing? Just in general, they did not want young.
Speaker 5: Bull to be a starter because they understood if he gets the opportunity to play, the numbers you see him putting him up, putting them up, putting up him getting an opportunity to play, he's going to give them their best chance to win. They don't want to win what if they do want to win, they don't want to win with him behind center. That's the only answer I can think of for you to be pulling that kind of bull drive I saw out there today as a former player, as a football fan, as a fan of the game.
Speaker 4: This is for anybody, for any team, for any quarterback.
Speaker 5: You always want to put your quarterback and your team in the best positions to win, because that's the point of at the point of playing this game, you want to win, and that that shit, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That he pulled. The day was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: On the downside, I was disappointed in Cleveland's defense rush defense. Tony Pollard had twenty five carries for a buck sixty one, had a sixty five yard run, had another long run. They've got to do a better job of stopping to run and so now we can put more pressure on cam Ward. But when you're in second, when you're second and short, you're third and short, it's hard to rush the quarterback Ojoe when you in short down in d because you don't know they can run it. Now, if we got it second and long, we got it third and long. Now we can Now we can unleash Myles Garrett. Now we can unleash some of these rushers. But I just need somebody to tell me. I need I need someone to explain to me, and I need you to explain it to me as if I'm a seven year old. So if like a kid going to it father and he's asking him a question, father, that's what I need somebody to explain it to me, because it makes no sense as a guy, oh Joe, guys that played the game, as a guy that studied the game, and I'm that's what I do. I don't look at I don't look at touchdown. I'm glad they scored. I'm looking at how they scored. I'm looking at why they scored. I'm looking at what did the defense do. I'm looking at what play was called? What personnel were you in so I can have a better understanding and sees, Okay, I saw what this worked.
Speaker 1: But when you to do this, it makes no sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I can I say one thing.
Speaker 5: Also, Let's say the Cleveland Brown defense, they've been playing they ass off all season. They've been playing their ass off all season. They've been stopping the run, they've been stopping the past. So you know what you come to a game where now we need the offense. When we was down fourteen, God damn it, the offense showed up. The offense showed up. They showed up. Miles Garrett got to be pissed. Denzel Ward Dell pitted. They have to be pissed because I know they see it. I know if they I know anybody was miked up. I know on the sideline. If you can hear the defensive player and talking, they'd be like, man, what the hell are we doing? What the hell are we doing? Okay, they're running the ball on us. Now, this is one of the few games we need our offense to have our back. Long bee, motherfucking hole. The offense had they back with.
Speaker 4: A position twice, two different drives, drove down the field, we scored, we go for two. What we get the ball back.
Speaker 5: Go right back down the field again, and we do the same bullshit again. They got to be pissed. But they can't say nothing. They're not gonna say nothing. They know it's some bull drive.
Speaker 4: But players in that locker room they can't see anything. But they can see. Yeah, they can see. They can see clear day. They know what's going on. They know what's going on.
Speaker 5: But if I can see it and them all the way down here Miami, a thousand something miles away, come on.
Speaker 2: We know who can come on chat. We know who can play and who can't play. When you're in the locker room, you know exactly who can play, and we know exactly who can't play. I don't care what coach does. I don't care how much money you make. I don't care where you were drafted. I know if you can play or not because I see you every day. They know sdor Sanders can play. They believe in Shador. The greatest thing your teammates can do is have a belief in you can trust you. I just it doesn't make sense, they say. The only difference between truth and fiction is that fiction has to make sense. So when you're doing a story Ojo, fiction has to make sense because we know truth. The people do stuff. They're like, that can't be true. That's got to be AI. And when I saw the going I was like this, Hell if somebody would have told me, I said, that's AI. I'm watching it in real time, so I know it can b a I because I'm sitting there watching it. That's got that you got you got to be issuing me. Stefanski. I know this man. I think he's been the coach for five years, six years. He's a two time Coach of the Year, coach of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's more than competent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is how you know.
Speaker 1: But sometimes the smartest people are the biggest dummies.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no, we're not We're not gonna make no excuses. He's not dumb. He not dumb. He's not dumb. And this is not analytics. It ain't about numbers, it's ain't about computers. This is what I like to call sophisticated tankingbody my point exactly, because that's not the person they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Have the argument. O Joe, you're tanking for.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Mendoza, the quarterback in i U is is substantially better than your door, dude, I'm sure. And they think, what if a quarterback is out there? Oh Joe, I'm trying to think chance, y'all help us out. Do y'all think any of the quarterbacks that you're oh sailing saying, excuse me for Ohio State? Is there's something if there's somebody that we're that that we're tied Simpson, Gunna Stockton is there's somebody that we don't know that you think right now that gonna come into the league and that would be substantially better than your door.
Speaker 5: Are we forgetting what the owner said? The GM said, he was not my pick. This is not who I wanted publicly. Those are the type of things that you don't say out loud. Those are the things that you think in your head, that you tell those amongst you that sit up there in the seats with.
Speaker 4: The ties and the jackets on. You don't say it in front of the camera. You don't. That is why things are going the way they're going.
Speaker 5: If unfortunately you got to a situation where now he has to start. Now he has to start, and there's a reason why you didn't want to start, because you understood if he got in there with ample time, with the right reps, this is what you get. This is what you get when opportunity meets preparation. This is the shit you get.
Speaker 4: So what do we have to do on my end? Nico Collins, who.
Speaker 5: Is basically Stefanski right now in situation, Oh, we go down on two scores. I'm gonna go for I'm gonna go for two. That ain't Stefanski doing that. That's not him calling that. That's coming from a higher power.
Speaker 1: Man, Dad ojo.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. You just watching the game. I take the names out the back of the jerseys. I take the color you colorblind, and you can't sleep which quarterback I played the other quarterback today?
Speaker 1: You don't chat, You don't know the names.
Speaker 2: I took the names off the back of the jerseys, and you can't tell the colors. You don't know which one of the Browns, and you don't know which one of the Titans. All you do you just watching the game. You don't know nothing. There's no sound. You watch the game just like I do with no sound. Who played the best? Yes you met Nico Harrison, not Nico Collins.
Speaker 5: Uh if if you just if you just watch the game, the poison what he played with?
Speaker 2: Yes, there is there some there's some habits. He's gonna have to break that bubbling. It's okay for him sometime to step up in the pocket and to step up as opposed to bubbling all the time.
Speaker 1: But look, he's a young quarterback and that's gonna come. I get.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to give him another year or two. But I think he had the tools to be a very good quarterback in this in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: But I think he needs somebody that believes in him. I think he needs somebody in his corner. And I'm not so sure that the Browns organization is in his corner. I think they're playing it. I think that the fan is so Insurdure's corner. I don't really think they have a choice.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: They didn't see this, They didn't think he could do this. And the people that's hating only don't think he didn't think he could do that. That's a damn good Titans defense. That's a damn good Titans defense. And he just threw for that almost four hundred yards with four total touchdowns. Yes, he had a bad interception, but he played unbelievable for his third career start. Hold on, let me go back up here the guys. Hold on, where's the guys that had thrown for.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow number one overall, Andrew Luck number one overall, Matthew Stafford number one overall, Marcus Mariota number two overall, c J. Stroud number two overall, Deshaun Watson, a top twenty pick. He just did what those guys did. Joe Burrow number one, Andrew Luck number one, Matthew's Stafford number one, Andrew Luck number two.
Speaker 1: Andrew Luck was number one.
Speaker 2: Stafford was number one, Joe Burrow was number one, three number one picks. C J. Stroud was number two, Marcus Mariota was number two. So he just did something that three number ones, two number two's, and a top twenty quarterback, the only one that's ever did in the Super Bowl era. I'm playing Super Bowls for longer than I've been alive, and I'm fifty seven.
Speaker 1: A fifth rounder did that.
Speaker 4: He wasn't no fifth round talent.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 4: They knew that. But who they got? Who they got next week?
Speaker 2: Who the Cleveland play next week? They got the Bears in Chicago. We got to work cut Bears, Bills, Steelers, Bengals. Uh. Here are the quarterbacks that have played the Titans this season, uh Shirdeor Sanders has thrown for the most yards three hundred and sixty four.
Speaker 1: Matthew Stafford two ninety eight.
Speaker 2: That's Davis Mills two seventy four, Justin Herbert two fifty, Sam Donald to forty four, c J. Stroud two thirty three, Trevor Lawrence two twenty nine, Drake May twenty two, Kyler Murray two twenty, bow Knicks one hundred and seventy six. Look at that list, Chat.
Speaker 1: Jones.
Speaker 2: Oh uh yeah, Okay. The only guy that has thrown for more was Daniel Jones. Matthew Stafford number one pick. Sam Donald was a top three pick.
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 1: Strid was the top three pick. Trevor Lawrence was a number one pick. C J.
Speaker 2: Strid was number two. Kyler Murray's number one bow Knicks was the top pick.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 2: Look get all these guys up here, and look at where they were drafted, and look at what this fifth round kid did.
Speaker 1: And they bullgiving him. Sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 2: You know, they say, oh, you're a man can make his destiny on the road that he took to avoid it. Sometimes I can make my destiny. Or even though obstacles you placed in front of me, it might take me a little longer, it might have took me ten weeks, but I got there in spite of what you tried to do.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: God, say, Bob before me, and I stand for you. And if I stand for you, can't no man stand against you. I need somebody to tell me chat.
Speaker 1: Where y'all? I need you.
Speaker 2: I need you, guys, get on. What what that ask A ask? A? I ask grok grok ask Why the hell does JASKI do what he need? I need y'all to ask a as chat gp chat GPT.
Speaker 1: That's what as chack chat GPT. What the hell was going on?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Dylan Gabras should be suspended for that bold face lie he told his fiance. Ah, man, I still can't believe this. I can't believe they did this bad. Can you imagine? Can you imagine if this man would have come back and won this game?
Speaker 1: O Joe? What may they throw the ticket taper raade for this man in Cleveland?
Speaker 4: That's not They didn't want that. They didn't want that.
Speaker 5: They didn't want that because if they wanted that, they were to put him in position to do just that.
Speaker 4: They would have put him in position to do that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he just he's still feeling out the guys. It seems like he has a great rapport with Fanning Junior.
Speaker 1: But he hey, man, he was he was he was he was he was he was special.
Speaker 2: Today Hopefully this is something gives him a little bit more confident. I know he's a very confident in young man. You don't play, you don't be in the Sander's house without being confident. Because we know his dad has the utmost confidence, and I think he instilled that in his kids. And he's been a starter since high school. He started every game in college for the most part. And he knows he belongs. He knows he belongs. But sometimes it takes somebody believe it in you too, Oh Joe, that's gonna put you in the best situations. Keep your head up your door. You play jazz off today. After critical two twenty seven twenty two loss to the Steelers, many of the Ravens questioned the call made by the referees, notably an overturned touchdown reception by Isaiah Likely in the fourth quarter. The referee and initially ruled Likely scored a thirteen yard touchdown pass from Lamar Jackson, which would have given the Ravens a one point league with two forty three remaining, despite the tight end losing the ball in the end zone, but less than a minute later, referee Alex Moore announced it was incomplete. Likely had the ball punched out by Joey Porter Jr. Before he made the necessary third step in the end zone. De Howk tweeted and deleted NFL and officiated thirteen years in this league. How many steps do you need in the end zone for a touchdown? It took me.
Speaker 1: How lett you take it?
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna say, you know the rule. I know the rule a catch. For a ketch to be completed, you have to take three steps. He took two, and on that third one out. Yeah, the ball got punched out. So technically, if that was in the field of play, or if it was an end zone, it was still would have been an incomplete pass.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, understanding the rules and knowing.
Speaker 5: That he had he had possession, but you have to complete the catch with momentum and take that third step. It's unfortunate, and I mean they didn't. They didn't win the game. Goddamn. Aaron Rodgers was dealing today. Aaron Rodgers was dealing today. It wasn't just just that that play. I mean, there were other players that could have been made that could have changed the trajectory of that game for the Ravens as well. But hell, you got to get a Steeler's credit.
Speaker 2: How many times likely are you going to get the ball punched out? Remember, oh Joe, he tried to switch the ball against Cincinnati and he got it knocked out. Now go back and look at the first touchdown that he got and see what he did. He secured it. How many you don't get style points for touchdown? He was doing this all he had to do with security. He had it just like this here? Why because it looked cool. How many times you saw him on thirst Thanksgiving he did the same thing and got it knocked out and it was a touch back? So how many times actions with our consequences, no lesson and be learned. You would have bought the action that he had Thursday night on Thanksgiving would have taught him a lesson because it was a valuable lesson to learn because the consequences was it was a touchback and not a touchdown.
Speaker 1: But guess what he didn't.
Speaker 5: Learn, Yeah, trying to hold trying to hold that thing. Yes, grab it, man, bring it there, because I'll tell you one thing. Once you grab and bring it in, tuck and make it that much more difficult to get it out of there, and make it that much more.
Speaker 4: Forget about it, and you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't have to stress holding on to it, that damn type with somebody trying to fight through your hands.
Speaker 1: Chat.
Speaker 2: Go back and look at the first touchdown. Go back and look at the first touchdown, and see what he did when he caught it. He made sure he's security. It wasn't nobody really around him. Now this guy's on his tail. He could feel it because you know, oh Joe, you know when I broke away because I ran, I ran a little. I ain't gonna and the guys already outside leverage, so I know he's gonna be driving hard.
Speaker 1: I already know that. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Lamar had some drops, But Lamar's not throwing the football well, oh Joe, he had Za Flyers on a touchdown and he undershot him and he threw it behind him and the guy knocked it, got it out. They was parted, like put it out there. He had him Rashan Bateman. He had it was fourth I think it was third down.
Speaker 1: He hit him.
Speaker 2: He dropped it. Yeah, but Lamar's not playing well. Y'all know that ain't no sense. I'm not breaking news to you. I'm not interrupting your normally scheduled programming. Breaking news to you. Lamar Jackson isn't playing well.
Speaker 1: He's just not.
Speaker 2: And a lot of that has to do with your left guard. He's terrible and chad, I know so time. My bluntness is not the best. But he's not good. That left guard is not good. I mean, he ain't. You shouldn't be allowed to be that big and that sorry. That needs to be that need to be a prerequisite. If you just big, you got to be good. This man song, he k blocked the sun out of his eyes, let alone a defensive line with an extra bla bliss coming.
Speaker 4: Let me let me what what number is he don't say seventy seven?
Speaker 1: Seventy seven for late yeah, yeah yeah, but he for late fish for late yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I been listen on film. He is always he's always at the scene of a crime. And I mean no dish seventy seven yet yeah. On the on the games that I've seen, it's always him, always the same one. I think I think he's better at run blocking as I think he's better as a run blocker as opposed.
Speaker 2: To bring he bring his ass in on fourth down, fourth and one fourth and two. But most of the way the teams are set up. Now, oh Joe, you got to throw the ball at some point in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to throw it at some point in time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's that's that's his strength.
Speaker 5: That that has to be a strength, you know when it comes to the run, because it's past blocking. Uh uh, always at the scene of the crime every time.
Speaker 2: It's being reported that Lamar Jackson had a heated interaction on the sideline with Daniel Filllele after the interception per Tracy Wolfson at this point, So, oh Joe, let me ask you this. If as sad as he's been playing this entire season, how bad must his backup be?
Speaker 1: Mhm, Chad, y'all need to help me out.
Speaker 2: If he's this bad, he's so bad that you can't mention how bad. But he no, I need somebody to help me. Ain't no way to backup can be that bad because at the backup that band, he ain't even high school player. I mean, how you oh yo, how you passed it and you don't block nobody? Yeah, I mean to be that big. I mean the sun rides up and the sun shines. He can't even block the sun out of his eyes. Oh yo, sun blind him. He just walked right into the wall because he can't do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah he got he got his shot. He he a big boy too.
Speaker 1: Now big and tale. Damn he's as big as he is. Sorry. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that's your that's your team that lost to now.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 4: Oh yo, hey, hey that's your team. That's your team that lost.
Speaker 1: You know, like used to tell us his son, you can't be old and slow. Pick one. You can't be big.
Speaker 4: And sorry, right, Yeah, you gotta have a shit on.
Speaker 2: Small and sorry. You can be big and good. You can be old, but you can't be so you gotta pick one.
Speaker 1: You can't be.
Speaker 2: Both b onfl both he both he big and sorry for no reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How you go out? How you go out? You go to the grocery store with your wife or your girlfriend. How you go get games?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: In publics?
Speaker 1: I know? Damn well. Ain't nobody ever told him this year good game? They lied?
Speaker 2: If they did, you go into hells. If you told that man good game, you lied to his face.
Speaker 1: And he know it. Everybody know when they play like some stir fry. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's probably he's probably not playing with confidence right now. He's probably not playing in the fact that and if there was an altercation and you get into it where your quarterback, where your quarterback has to address you know, you not doing well in the game, that that that will hurt your confidence even more.
Speaker 1: They putting their helmet in my back. That's hurting me. He should have sucker style and kicked him anything.
Speaker 2: You know, he waited when he been up with Lamar, walked up, go up from the center, kicked him in his tail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know that really happens too. You never see a quarterback really chastise this office.
Speaker 4: When they get hurt. That that really really really happened.
Speaker 5: No matter how many times it gets sacked, to get hit, that really happens. So the fact that Lamar had to be really frustrated, really frustrated from me even addressed end game.
Speaker 2: Because guess what, how many times have because normally quarterback said, come on, guys, we got to do better than this now. Yeah, yeah, how many times during the course of this your chat do you think Lamar jacket that said, come on, guys, need to pick it up. Hey, come on, hey, come on, come on. Hold on what his dame? Mils? What's his name? Daniel? Come on dad, Hey, come on, we'll hey, we gonna get him. Were gonna be all right? And come on dad, were gonna get it. We're gonna be out if I'm Lamar, no, we not this man.
Speaker 1: Gonna get me killed? What they shouldn't do?
Speaker 2: Lamar say, you know what, I will go play guard and I want you to play quarterback. And I'm gonna do to you what you've been doing to me. I ain't gonna block a damn soul and I want him to tell your ass up. We had that halfway and as a battle state guard didn't mister block coach, I tell you what, hey, you get here, you get there?
Speaker 1: Literally? How you see? How you like it?
Speaker 3: M M.
Speaker 1: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: At some point in time, you know, without Joe, at some point in time, you say, you know what, damn this? You not finna whip my ass all day every day?
Speaker 1: Don't you got forgetting the raven? What about that name of the back that I was just and darkening? You're gonna know what it is? Put me in witness a man that you seven seventh that ain't me?
Speaker 5: That's on film that's on film. Everybody can see that. Like when when when all the teams you get to play, all the teams you get to play.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when we.
Speaker 5: Line up, we run our ts and our stunts right there, right at seventy five.
Speaker 4: That's the fish.
Speaker 5: Everybody got a fish on offense, fish on defense. Everybody has a weak link. And the week link offensively is young bull. I mean that that's that's that's I mean that every team has one.
Speaker 4: It just so happens. His is very glaring and it's noticeable every fing game, every game you.
Speaker 2: Catch y'all been fishing. When you get a fish, when you get him on the line, what you can't do? Ojo, let him up the hook. Yeah, yeah, I don't ojo. I don't want to beat him too bad early because I don't want to get it benched. Because see if I beat him too early, gonna bitch it. See, I'm away to the right time. I'm waiting to get to the four quarter. That's what I'm really start tearing his ass up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know them more frustrated, Man, I frustrated, and I ain't.
Speaker 1: Got hit in twenty years.
Speaker 2: And oh Joe, it was the twenty fifth anniversary of the Super Bowl team. They gotta let him and checkings out there. Boy, you know, if I'd have been down and ran in the field you, I'd have ran out.
Speaker 1: There with you. You terrible?
Speaker 4: Why you why you ain't go? Uh?
Speaker 1: Long story, I explained it to you a man.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: This joke, got what this joke? Yeah, this is why I couldn't coach.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, wait a minute, wait a minute, and I see that that's one thing about it. Now, God always has a call in huh. And most of the time he had knocked on your door. In the fact that you don't answer the door, maybe that's the problem, the fact that maybe if you were coaching, if you were coaching the Baltimore Ravens day, it wouldn't be playing like this. He probably wouldn't be playing like this. If hearing it from you would redister better than hearing it from who his coach, whoever his coach is right, you heard it from Lamar. It's too late to hear from that Chad.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, in all my years, rarely never the single out any offensive linement individually.
Speaker 1: He always does it as a group. Come on, guys, we gotta do better. Than this. Come on, guys, we gotta pick it up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying if you was my coach when I was playing, I would I would listen to you. I probably wouldn't have had no celebrations. I would have hand the ball right to the ref.
Speaker 4: I'm lying, uh.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm a coach him. I said, look at sir, I don't know what's gonna happen. I really don't. But I did make a recommendation that we cut you, just so we clear that's my recommendation. Hey, hold on, I recommend. That's what I recommended. I don't know what's gonna happen because it's it's out of my hands. But I did recommend this morning that we cut you.
Speaker 4: It ain't that many good line he ain't one of them.
Speaker 2: So you're right, you right, you right, person of ballcas person brodcast Lamar threw his helmet down after the last offensive series and then had a conversation with Daniel Filelele, who said, they know it's coming every time. What, oh Joe, you got two options on the football field as an offense. You can run it or you can throw it. So they got a fifty to fifty chance, I guess it. What the hell you're gonna do? What you mean it ain't rocket science? Yeah, if it's first second or third down, what the hell you think they're gonna do. Oh they might punt it, Oh they might let Lamar take it off. They gonna throw it, or they're gonna run it. Those are the only two choices that an offense half on. First second to third down. And he's gonna talk about they know what's coming.
Speaker 4: That all that all comes down to want to.
Speaker 5: That all come down to want to Even if you know what's coming, Even if you know what's coming, you ain't finna get past me. If you do sack Lamar, if you dig it, if you do get to Lamar, it ain't gonna be on me. It's not gonna be my fault. I'm definitely not gonna be the reason. I will never be the problem. I will always be the solution. I mean, that's just that's everybody's built different mentally. That's my mentality.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, if I played off as a line, oh, I'm not gonna be the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, if he's a solution, what's the problem If he to answer what's the question.
Speaker 5: It ain't that many, it ain't that many linemen on They you can't just pop them off trees like that.
Speaker 2: They're alignment worse than what he is. It's hard for me to believe that. On youall, I refuse to believe that.
Speaker 5: Well, you can't hide him, No, you can't hide him. You can't hide him most of the time. The other players, other teams, the where they're structured. You can hide your fish. You can hide your fish. You can hide your weak link. You know, you can help you weak link double team, you know, run away from him when you do throw, have protection, slide his way.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just ugh.
Speaker 2: There're a crowd of reporters waiting for Daniel Fillel a locker, but the media policy is general not to talk to players before they're fully dressed. For La with shirtless, took his shirt in his hand, nodded to the reporters, walked off. He did not return for questions. Let me ask you a question, O Joe, they win that game, you think he does this?
Speaker 4: No, probably not, probably not.
Speaker 5: But he understanding the questions that we're gonna come, especially with the incident with Lamar, he didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 2: Got to be as gracious in defeat as you are in victory. That's a part of it. Nobody is gonna win every game. Nobody is gonna play great every game. But a part of being a pro is standing there and facing the very tough questions. But see when they ran for three hundred yards? He answered, He stood there and looked down the battle of it. Couldn't hey, anybody else got it?
Speaker 5: They want to ask, And you know what, I'm kind of glad, honestly, especially when it comes to lineman. You get into a few with a quarterback. You guys have a disagreement on the sideline. I'm glad he didn't answer any questions because it ain't no telling what he.
Speaker 4: Might have said. He might not be media savvy. He might still have been angry. He might have said the wrong goddamn thing.
Speaker 2: Short of him said I sucked today. I ain't want to hear nothing he had to say. If that was the first thing came out of his mouth, and it's okay, oh yoke, Hey, guys, today wasn't my day. I gotta be better. I was not good enough today. And although we are a team and we lost the other team I have to be better individually. It's okay to say that.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: It really is okay to say that I've been the guy. You know what, a we win asther team, we lose other team. But Shannon Sharp has to be better. I'm counted on to make the plays that I left on the field today. I'm counted on to be a leader. I didn't lead today. I didn't make plays today.
Speaker 1: That's on me.
Speaker 2: I'll be better next week. That won't happen again. It's okay, oh Joe. It's okay to not have it, to not be good on a particular day. It's gonna happen to everybody. But a part of being a professional, A part of being a pro, because he's a professional football player, a pro is when things don't go your way, you still look down to the eye that camera and when they asked you answer every question that they asked. What happened out there today? Guys, it was a rush one on me today. I wasn't good enough. I've got to be better. My teammates are counting on me. Lamar's counting on me, the fans are counting on me, and I promise you I'll be better next week. What happened? Nothing? God just beat me today. I just didn't have it. I know I gotta get better. I don't have anything.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you anything specifically that they did.
Speaker 2: It was what I didn't do. Yeah, I was lunging. I wouldn't. My steps wasn't proper. I stepped underneath.
Speaker 1: It's okay, bro, it's okay to have a bad game, but don't run.
Speaker 2: Don't run because if y'all had rush for three hundred, I guarantee you you wouldn't have grabbed your tea, you grab your shirt and nodded of the camera.
Speaker 1: You to talk, So you got to talk and defeat just like you would be. That's what makes us pros.
Speaker 2: We don't hide, we don't run, We don't tuck our tales when things don't go our way.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lamar stood right there, bravy y'all.
Speaker 2: Tomlin's tenure the Pittsburgh is under the microscope this week and would have gotten only words had they lost to the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Oh yo yo? Does them winning this game today?
Speaker 2: Does that cut down on the rumors that Mike Tomlin or the Steelers got to make a decision on Mike Tomlin. Mike Tomlin going somewhere else. Does he want to go somewhere else? Do they wanted to go somewhere else? Do you think that quell the noise of what's going on in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: No. I think once a rumor like that starts, you always know that rumor always comes from somewhere. I think regardless of what they do, I think they're probably gonna move on is in a very long time since they moved on from a coach. Most of the time they allow their coaches to leave on their own. But for a rumored like that to start, it has to come from somewhere, and it came from in that building. It came from in that building. So I think once the rumor starts and that five gets the burning, I don't think there's anything that they can do collectively as a group, or Mike Tomlin as a head coach that would change the decision that they're gonna make at the end of the season.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna allow him to.
Speaker 5: Uh leave it in his hands to say I'm stepping down, I'm stepping away from here for the foreseeable future, and we're gonna go in a different direction. I think they're not going to fire him. I think he's going to probably step away and allow him go go out on his own on his own way.
Speaker 2: I don't think me personally, o, Yo, look and coach Tomlin. Look, I think it's gonna be hard for him to step away or them to fire and if he wins the division, make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: But you got to understand, Oyo, they don't won a playoff game and it'll be a decade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what makes you think they win one now?
Speaker 1: And how many? How many games? How many playoff games have they won since they won that Super Bowl? I know they lost. I know they lost one year to their.
Speaker 2: Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, But how many playoff games since they won that Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, they beat the Cardinals?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I think that was in Tampa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure how many they won so far. I think they haven't been since sixteen twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: I think that might have been the last time.
Speaker 2: But I don't think they won more than two or three playoff games since they won that last Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost the Super Bowl to Green Bay and then they went to the championship game.
Speaker 1: Against the Patriots. What year was that? Okay?
Speaker 5: You know you know where were Mike Tomlin kind of messed up where he would be okay if he had drafted a quarterback and didn't worry about Ben Roethlisberger Ben Roethlisberger's feelings, drafted the quarterback early.
Speaker 4: He didn't, and you wouldn't.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't have been searching for him right now because not having a quarterback, he put you behind the eight ball and having to search and search and search. And that's one of the reasons why you haven't had the success that you wanted to, because you haven't found a quarterback yet.
Speaker 2: That's why Green Breys has prosperity because Green Bay was unafraid to piss the quarterback off.
Speaker 1: Brett Farr was pissed.
Speaker 2: He was pissed to the highest pistivity that they drafted Aaron Aaron Rodgers was even higher. And they say, you know what, you better be pissed off and pissed on. So guess what keep it moving?
Speaker 1: You got, o Jo. You cannot wait till the bridge.
Speaker 2: You got to start trying to repair it because if you wait till the bridge collapse, it's too late. We saw what happened with the Dolphins when they didn't have adequate replacement for for Dan. Yeah, we see when they let these quarterbacks ride on the vine and they're afraid to upset their feelings. Well, I don't want to bring anybody bro okay, but when he leave, then what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're stuck. You're stuck, and they've been stuck for a while, ever since Big Ben is gone.