Speaker 1: Dude, Hello, I've seen you in weeks. Two weeks.
Speaker 2: Actually, I know it's two weeks, and it feels like it's been forever.
Speaker 1: It does it does?
Speaker 2: It feels like it's been forever. I've seen you since I've got home from vacation.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I was just like weirdly sick and sleeping for days and not feeling well. No idea what was wrong?
Speaker 1: That was bizarre. You told me about that, but you didn't tell me the resolution are you. I assume you're feeling better since you're hearing today.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm feeling better. I you know, went to the doctor and did you know, a whole panel of things and swabbed noses and throats and and everything seemed to be okay, So I guess I just, uh, I don't know. You needed to sleep for a couple days.
Speaker 1: But miss, that's guarantee we all need to sleep. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, COVID tested everything like that. I don't know what it was, but I definitely slept a lot. So yeah, I'm back in two weeks. What's been going on with you? Lose any more turtles?
Speaker 1: I have not. I've been giving Franklin our turtle extra attention. Since I lost him, I should rename him Bubba actually, because that would be serious appropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of.
Speaker 1: Illness, Okay, so I've been fighting this cough for like three weeks. I had it the last time I remember, you still have it. I'm not sick, I just can't stop coughing. So, okay, I have a nebulizer I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: Couldn't possibly be our fantastic air quality here in sight in California. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it, nor you know, wildfires and things like. I'm sure none of that. Is it all relevant? And it's just strange yeah now, and.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying because it's it's getting in the way of my everyday life. So we we head back to school night a few nights ago, because you know, Felicity's in her sophomore year in high school and so I want to go visits teachers and put in some time. So I made it all the way through fifth period and then suddenly I'm in her literature class. The teacher starts talking and suddenly my throat closes up, and I'm like, like, I'm gonna blow. What am I gonna do? Right?
Speaker 2: I can't when you're like all.
Speaker 1: Right, and I was like, I was like, start sweating profusely because I was like paralyzed with fear. So I run out of the classroom and I start coughing violently in the hallway, and like kids are passing by, right, and You're like, it wouldn't stop. So I end up going outside for fresh air, of which there's none because we're in the middle of a heat waves.
Speaker 2: The quote unquote fresh air is probably what caused the problem in the first place, right, So so.
Speaker 1: Then I end up like, I'm like, let me find a water fountain, which I have. I I don't use public water fountains. That's just so gross, but I'm desperate, so I use the water fountain. No things are coming up, so I run to the bathroom. I end up throwing up in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Fortunately, look, we've all been there. When you cough that hard, it's so awful. But you didn't do it in the hallway. You didn't do in the hallway.
Speaker 1: That's a plus. But the whole asb in.
Speaker 2: Front of middle school. Can you imagine, can you imagine, oh my god, in the hallway?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it's Felicity's mom who's also Kimmy, who's also Kimmy Gibler.
Speaker 2: But that's it. You would, yeah, you'd never, you would never live down middle school for the second time. No.
Speaker 1: Well, the next day, Felicity goes into her literature class, and of course a kid is like, hey, did you know your mom had an asthma attack yesterday? And so now she's not speaking to me. She's so mortified.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, right, I'm sorry. Great, It's not like I didn't do this on purpose. Sorry, I wasn't like, oh, you know, what would really ruin her day tomorrow is if I suddenly choked and puked in the bathroom. That's that's really what I'm going.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that's just a commitment to being an embarrassing mom. Yes, I'm that right, No, right.
Speaker 2: You are that well. I mean it was a it was a full house episode. I'm sure you know somewhere an episode or season four. Yeah, yeah, you were like right, And then, you know.
Speaker 1: I do feel like we're living in a sitcom. Like most of the time, even between our technological problems we talked about before this episode and just random things that happen, I'm like, you know, what we are living in a sitcom.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I'm beginning to feel more like it's sort of a dark comedy. I don't know, I would sitcom feels very uh nineteen ninety eight, you know what I mean, that's true, right, right, twenty twenty three feels like.
Speaker 3: God like a like a Fairly Brothers movie or so or not Cohen Brothers movie, you know what I mean, where it's like although sometimes Fairly Brothers but uh, but yeah, just where you're like, this can't possibly be happening, and you're like, oh my god, it is right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so sorry though that you had that experience. I have upcoming back to school nights, so I get to go.
Speaker 1: Turn it's take sure you're not sick in the class.
Speaker 2: Uh, don't do anything embarrassing, don't breathe weird, don't Yeah, I don't know. The Bee actually turns thirteen tomorrow and it's her back to school night, so oh thirteen.
Speaker 1: Wow wow.
Speaker 2: Aitially now a parent of two actual teenagers.
Speaker 1: Actual teenagers, Oh boy, buckle up, it.
Speaker 2: Is it's I've been. Yeah. I feel like at times the roller coaster has been like just kind of trapped upside down, you know what I mean? And I'm like, are we gonna get up? And they're like eventually, and you're like, oh my god, and then it starts up again. You're like, oh, this is great, it's okay, and then you go, now, now you might be get stuck again, like, let me off, right right, let me off? Yeah no, And it's just a never ending Sisifian roller coaster that just continually loops around.
Speaker 1: So do you have plans for her birthday? Or she was just back to school night or what?
Speaker 2: You know what? Well, because it is the holiday weekend, we do have the four day weekends, so she's got back to school night, but she also has a minimum day tomorrow, back to school night. And then I told her she could invite some friends over to have a sleepover tomorrow since Friday there's no school and Friday her birthday present, like her big We went did a little shopping yesterday, but her big birthday present was two tickets to Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So B and I will be going to see Queen Bee on September first, and I am very very excited, as is Bee. We went shopping for our chrome outfits yesterday. We are ready to do this. Yeah, and somewhere along the line though, she heard that I got us front row tickets and we were a shopping yesterday and I was like, well, you know, it's not front row. She was like wait what And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, I was like, I told you that.
Speaker 2: She was like, no, you definitely said it was from where I was like, no, no, no, I said, it is definitely not. But I think you missed the definitely not part select story. Yeah. I was like, child, look, I love you a lot, but that is I don't I can't no, so uh anyway, but we are going to be there enjoying ourselves and enjoying Beyonce on her birthday. So yeah, it's gonna be think it's like, that's such a cool gift. I cannot wait to hear how it goes, see some pictures. I just I can't. Yeah, it's gonna be awesome. I'm just gonna feel probably very old and like not cool though, you know what I mean. I can already feel it like as cool as I as I think I can be. As mom. I'm going to be like, wow, I definitely feel a good twenty years older than a lot of the people here. And that's okay, and that's okay because I'm going to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Well, you are very cool for a mom. I mean your kids might not think that, but I'm sure everybody else thinks that you're a cool mom.
Speaker 2: So I'm not a regular mom. I'm a cool mom.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody wants to be the cool mom. That's not great. Anyway, speaking of moms, let's get to one uh that isn't around and talk about full help.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a segue, right, that was a no. And you know it makes me laugh because our friend Kim Moffatt sent us uh that tweet from someone named uh Lucy something or other that tweeted about uh. I think on one of the days that the podcast came out, and it was like, I never really thought about the fact that like full House is based on like a mom being dead less than a year, the kid's only five months old and like just wacky uncles move in. Yeah, And I was like, oh my god, yeah, it's very true.
Speaker 1: So she brought up a lot of good points in the the Twitter thread and yeah, just she was just like this is really dark, like think about it.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, these kids are grieving, you know what I like? And she's just sort of just never never mentioned between.
Speaker 1: All the musical numbers and animals and Amphibian's like there's there's.
Speaker 2: It's it's really hard to fit that into the you know what I mean, It's I much rather have a turtle on a skateboard.
Speaker 1: It's true. Definitely, Well, welcome back everybody to how Rude Tanner ritos. I am Andrea.
Speaker 2: Barber and I am Jody Sweeten.
Speaker 1: Today we are discussing season one, episode six, titled Daddy's Home. It first aired on October twenty second, nineteen eighty seven, and it goes little something like this. When Danny hears Michelle called Jesse and Joey dada, he knows that he is not spending enough time with his daughters and creates a father daughter day. It was directed by Howard Storm, and it was I don't remember Howard Storm.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember, I remember you know mention of the name, but I it's yeah, I don't. I couldn't couldn't say much else.
Speaker 1: He didn't direct as much as something.
Speaker 2: He didn't I think, yeah, like it was yeah, that first season, there were definitely like a couple that just directed like maybe one episode or two episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and Howard is one of them. Yes, yes, this episode was written by Jeff Franklin, Joan Brooker, and Nancy Edo. The first I think is the first time we have female writers that, uh that are having a stuff here that I've.
Speaker 2: Written, you know, and it's yeah, it's funny too. I you know, in later seasons and stuff, I just you know, you forget how much Jeff was involved, like in the beginning of this show, just had his hands on everything, like writing every episode. And you know, it's uh, yeah, it's crazy to see what it what it has grown into.
Speaker 1: Love it, love it. We have one guest star in this episode, Fabiana Udeno as Adriana. She was in Jane the Virgin Summer School and she's best known for her role as a lot of vagina.
Speaker 2: Yeah in Austin Powers, a lot of vagina.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't read this before.
Speaker 2: You never saw Austin Powers in the nineties, and.
Speaker 1: I don't remember a lot of china for giant vagina.
Speaker 2: Giant fag I na it is fagina. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: So this is still a PG podcast. We don't need to put the explicit there's not an explicit.
Speaker 2: There's a body part, very explicit. And it's not even that. It's not even that. It's just a very similar sounding name. It is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I'm still stuck. You haven't seen Austin Powers.
Speaker 1: I did like ten years ago. I don't you know me. I have a short term rememory. I don't remember things, and I don't remember characters.
Speaker 2: Don't and you don't remember a lot of vagina.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, Okay, here we go. We open in the living room. DJ walks downstairs holding baby Michelle. She's wearing another fabulous denim dress with boots. This must be her signature look this season because.
Speaker 2: I've been to love the all denim. Yeah, the like Canadian tuxedo moment, but just of all denim vibe with.
Speaker 1: The cute little belt too. Yeah, it's cute. It's very fashionable.
Speaker 2: And her hair, oh my god, it's so long, was so long, so remember it being that long. It's gorgeous. It was. Yeah. I was just like, oh my gosh, her hair is yeah, down to her waist. It was awesome, very impressive. Yep.
Speaker 1: DJ places Michelle in the playpen, which she jokingly refers to as baby Jail. Joey pops out of the alcove wearing a ridiculous combination of a button down shirt with leaves on it, I think, and an oversized plaid tie.
Speaker 2: And now, okay, a question. Does Joey just hide out in the alcove behind his bed and wait for people to enter?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is this a thing that because he's made a lot of pop up entrances he has and so and he can't. I mean, he's not not changing in there, right, or maybe he is, maybe he's changed, But is he just waiting back there until someone comes into the room and then he's like, I'm just gonna wait and it's gonna be awesome, and then he pops out.
Speaker 1: It's a little creepery like it's like he's just waiting back there.
Speaker 2: Also, that shirt and tie for some reason reminded me of the backdrop for either Mister Woodchuck or maybe it was the Ranger show that he Rangers show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like, I've seen that before and except it was the backdrop for that very similar.
Speaker 1: I stared at it for a long time because I'm like, it's not a Hawaiian shirt. It's something different.
Speaker 2: It's like no, no, no, it's just like a weird it's it's like a four. It's like a background of a video game with a clownishly wide plaid tie. It's it is.
Speaker 1: It's a look. It's it is a look. It's a sight for sore eyes. Definitely, my eyes are sore. My eyes are very sore. After looking at that, he states that he's ready for Stephanie's recital, and he asks DJ if his shirt and tie match. Stephanie enters the room dressed in her beautiful ballerina costume, practicing her ballet moves. She's wearing a baby blue leotard and tutu and listening to headphones attached to a large pink walkman on her hip.
Speaker 2: Oh joke, and a walkman, myad. Not not a disc man, because also it would be very hard they would skip if you were doing all that dancing with with a disc man, but a walkman like cassette tape. Look at me, I'm super cool with my walkman.
Speaker 1: It was, yeah, it was, and it was huge on little you on your little frame.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was. Yeah. It was like it was like a satellite phone or something, you know, like, those are the things that you see like die Hard with the giant hacks that they're carrying around as a as a cell phone. Yeah, it was. It was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Oh what a sight it was.
Speaker 2: It was ridiculous. Peak eighties. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Oh, peak eighties.
Speaker 2: But it was very funny because I come in singing the one, two, three four one and the whole dance, and I just found those tapes, uh, that I was telling you about of my mom interviewing me when I was two and three years old, and one of them, I'm like totally reciting I'm like three years old, reciting my entire cabbage patch ballet thing. I'm like, so I saw this. I was like, oh my gosh, I did it in the show too. It's funny. Oh's okay.
Speaker 1: So that was one of my questions for you, is if these are your moves? Are these your own moves or did somebody choreograph this for you your ballet moves? Or is this just a Jodie's night.
Speaker 2: No, they were. It was just enter the room doing some sort of little ballet moment and hold your hands, you know, over your arm like that. No, there was no. It looked very no professional choreography involved in that one. Okay, that was later years. That was later years when sparkly baseball hats were involved.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait for that. And your legs look so long, you look tall in this in this scene, I don't know if you grew.
Speaker 2: I always had like long legs. I remember Roberta and Gina in our wardrobe department saying I look like Bambi. And also because I fell down a lot, so I had like just these very long legs that I that were doing something entirely different than the rest of my body.
Speaker 1: And that hasn't really changed. Like that is still can you to find out?
Speaker 2: That's a pretty h typical ADHD Trait is falling down because you're not paying attention to where you actually are. You're like there, you know, fifteen steps ahead of yourself. So it makes sense. It done so much a lot.
Speaker 1: It's all coming together now. DJ and Joey try to get Stephanie's attention by repeatedly calling her name, before Stephanie finally removes the headphones and says, I'm not Stephanie. I'm a Swan who's about to kick the bucket. She punctuates the statement by falling to the ground dramatically faking her death. Oh you did this so well, I can tell, well, you're practicing this in your room.
Speaker 2: I actually was practicing this when I dressed up as snow White in tot Lot when I was like two years old. My second Halloween, I ran around preschool and pretended that I had taken a bite of the poison apple, and then I would faint on the ground, and some of the other moms were like, oh, no, she fell down, and my mom was like, no, she just ate the poison apples. You're fine, dressed me. She'll get up in a minute, and I would, And so yeah, I actually I actually had practiced this, probably far too many times, just the dramatic fainting upon the ground.
Speaker 1: You're a fake death expert at the tender age of five, right, I have it?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Danny enters and apologizes for being late. DJ reminds Danny that after the recital they need to hit up the big sale at Fashion Mart to buy clothes. Everything is half off, DJ says, and Danny says that won't save him any money because she'll just buy twice as much stuff. DJ is definitely a fan of this attitude. Uncle Jesse walks downstairs in a leather vest, leather jacket and a bolo tie and a chain pocket wallet. This is his version of dressing up.
Speaker 2: The bolo tie and the silver accents on the collar. Yes, and so much leather, just so much leather in the eighties.
Speaker 1: I just I can't imagine how much he was sweating under those hot lights and that outfit and the hair. Yeah, he must have just been hot all of the time, all of the time.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there's a lot of women out there. Yes, of course he was. He was hot all the time. I'm the cats nice John. He's just weird John. But yeah s. It was a lot of silver accents, a lot of Yeah. The wallet chain he was, I mean he was. He was bad ass. He was bad ass. That was the That was the vibe.
Speaker 1: And I noticed his shirt was like a tiffany blue.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, like a Robin's Egg blue.
Speaker 1: Which I feel like he wore that color a lot. That in black he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that in black was that was like.
Speaker 1: His signature color.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if you remember, but the eighties, the the like that sort of blue and Robin's Egg blue and like and hot pink. I seem to remember being very popular because it was the colors of the Miami Vice thing, and so I feel like it was like that bright Neonny sort of, I mean, and like that with the black was just very eighties. It was a very eighties color scheme.
Speaker 1: It stands out for sure. Yeah, you know that Jesse won to stand out so well.
Speaker 2: Indeed he does. Indeed he does.
Speaker 1: So the audience loves this. They give a woo. This might be our first woo. I don't know, I don't know, it was our first couple woos.
Speaker 2: But they were they were small.
Speaker 1: They were not small wooz. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a small the lead up to later seasons where the audience would scream every time John Stamos would enter.
Speaker 3: Right, this was like a three oh woo.
Speaker 2: You know you know what I mean, there's yeah, on the scale of on the scale of wooz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the scale of woos.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So Jesse grumbles about having to attend this munchkin ballet, as he calls it, Joey shows off his attire.
Speaker 2: Not how we refer to people anyway. Oh oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just he used that term a lot munchkin to refer to you or Michelle or yeah, that was a term of endearment.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I know.
Speaker 1: Jesse jokes that Joey looks like he's going to Donje's wedding.
Speaker 2: Anyone uh, anyone out there listening today who's under the age of uh forty know who don Hoe is? Probably not, But I didn't hear any hands being raised out there. Yeah. Uh cricket, cricket, Everyone's like, yeah, but who right? He was a Hawaiian singing artist.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I had to look at Joey's singing artist?
Speaker 2: What about singer?
Speaker 1: What a singer and artist? He played a guitar right, yeah? A musician Yep, that's the word I was looking for. Plas I'm here to assist you, Jodi, did you finish? We'll finish each other's sentences as we do, ye think. Well, this is why I had to look closely at Joey's shirt, because I'm like, is it a Hawaiian shirt? No, It's it's like the Ranger joe background.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, and but we didn't have yeah, we didn't have that reference yet. It says it is a statement.
Speaker 1: Though it's a statement, so the doorbell rings and Danny answers it. It's a beautiful Italian woman named Adriana who says choo, and Danny says, it's for you. Adriana and Jesse embrace and kiss, and Jesse says his catchphrase, have mercy.
Speaker 2: Why it's so like, I'm not, I am not a prude, you know me, I am not of the imagination, but it's just so weird. But like these women just appear at the door and walk into a room filled with other people, don't mention anything, say hello, nothing, and just go right for somebody. And they're like, I'm going to stick my tongue down your throat in front of all of these other people and potentially children, and it's gonna totally be normal because that's a thing that people do well.
Speaker 1: And this is a weekly thing. This is a weekly occurring at this.
Speaker 2: Point story yet that we're trying to establish Jesse, I get. I mean, you know you have to and in sitcom land, you gotta, you know, really be expositional about it. But yeah, I did not. I forgot how each week it was truly a different a different date, a different date for Jesse.
Speaker 1: Well, this mad for cell phones like, how are they finding him?
Speaker 2: That's how were they getting how they no relives He's moved in on a motorcycle with a guitar, with no case. He doesn't have a forwarding address, he hasn't had a he's been living on the road, you know, like, what how are these women? Like? I know where you are? Like, that's he might actually want to be a little concerned about some of these women. You know, they appear they might be stalking him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they weren't so beautiful, if he wasn't so busy kissing them, he might actually stop and be like, wait a minute, did they find me? Anyway? So Jesse introduces Adriana to the guys and explains how they met, which was skydiving. She asked me to come back to her place, and it turns out her place.
Speaker 2: Is in Rome.
Speaker 1: Jesse and Adriana exit to the kitchen to make spaghettios, and Joey notes what a life he wishes he spaghettios, Yeah, I know, right? Is that the only thing Jesse knows how to cook? Or is this an innuendo?
Speaker 2: Makes spaghetti o's?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh's that's all I'm saying. All I'm saying is if I were an adult writing this show. Uh, these are the things that I would put in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, after that Sea Cruise episode, I'm kind of ruined.
Speaker 2: You know. Now I'm looking none of it and maybe none of these things, and Jeff's like, what is wrong with her? I don't mean any of that, but I also feel like, now I'm gonna I would put some pretty significant money that if I. If I were an adult writing like a family television show, I would put in as much stuff like that as possible.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was the best part about these eighties sitcoms is all those adult jokes could just go right over the heads of the kids watching, but the parents are like, oh oh.
Speaker 2: Or maybe it's just maybe I'm a terrible human.
Speaker 1: No, no, not both could be true, Okay, You're not a or human. Right back to Spaetos, Back to Spaghettio's Joey says what a life he wishes he could just take off on an unplanned trip to Rome like Jesse so planting the sea. It's here for what's to come. Michelle COO's from the playpen and Danny goes to retrieve her. He tries to encourage her to say, dadad that.
Speaker 2: The coup was was a little scary, was it not?
Speaker 1: Coo?
Speaker 2: Isn't it coo?
Speaker 1: He was like, cool, it sounds like she was choking a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a it was. If my baby made that noise, I would be like, let me make sure you didn't swallow something, you know what I mean, and say like, oh, you're talking. I'd be like I'm alarmed anyway.
Speaker 1: No, Danny just wants her to be saying dada to him. That's his only concerns, Like.
Speaker 2: Are you choking? It doesn't matter, right, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter say dada right. She is so close. Joey leans in and mimics a baby voice saying dadad, okay, now get off my back. So funny. The phone rings and Danny answers it. It's the station calling to ask him to come in and cover the game of the week. This is a huge honor. Danny sees the girls overhearing this phone call and looking forlorn. He feels he's gonna have to miss Stephanie's recital and he feels terrible. DJ tries to make Stephanie feel better by saying everything is going to be just fine and it's cool having a dad on TV.
Speaker 2: Stephanie agrees, I, you know what, when man, I could relate to like that whole yeah situation, and you know, it was funny watching this episode is when I I kind of realized like how much of the adult stuff I get now, and like the that perspective, you know, the parent perspective, but about like, you know, having to wanting to be two places at once, working and also wanting to be there for your kids, but knowing you know, it's you're torn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a working parent, you are always faced with those moments where you're like, yeah, I have to. I mean it's inevitable that you're gonna miss a recital or a performance, your sports game, or just something it's in.
Speaker 2: And I feel like when we were shooting Fuller even, I feel like my kids actually had that conversation where it was like, oh, you're gonna miss my such and such and Zoe be like yeah, but you know, she's like working and doing a show. So that's kind of cool, right, you know. I'm like, oh, anyway, yep, art imitating life.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. Next scene, we are in the basement, which is also the garage. Jesse and Adriana are making out on his motorcycle. Of course, Joey walks in and hovers awkwardly. Yeah, works an awkwardly long beat.
Speaker 2: Well, but here's the thing. One like he hovers awkwardly, but two like, would you not notice that like fuel that someone else walked it? I mean maybe not. They seemed very engrossed in what they were doing. Well precariously perched on that motorcycle. But and was there no more more comfortable to sit down and have it? You know it was?
Speaker 1: I mean they moved it to the garage at least they're not out right open in the living room. But yeah, like there's no there's I thought there was a chair or a couch.
Speaker 2: Down there or something. Maybe just just the motorcycle and Joey standing awkwardly. Yep, it was a little weird.
Speaker 1: That was That was a long awkward beat before Joey finally says, Jesse, I need to talk to you. Joey sits on the motorcycle again awkwardly and says he needs to make some changes in his life, and by changes he means danger more excitement. I want your life, Joey tells Jesse. Jesse says he used to be just like Joey, but then he turned four, he ripped the training wheels off his bike and rode off to adventure. Jesse says he can help Joey, but he's talking about living on the edge, a life with risks. Is Joey ready to make that kind of commitment? Joey replies that, yes, he is ready to be committed, which I love like that's a lovely right, you know, double entendre so fuy.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, indeed he is ready to be committed in that.
Speaker 1: Outfit, in that yes, I can only imagine his mugshot and that in that tie and shirt right. In the next scene, we are in the living room. Jesse and Adriana are on the couch feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries. Danny rushes in the front door and asks, how was Stephanie's recite. Jesse replies, she came out, she danced, she died. Oh, I mean what a summer is the story of a lifetime, you know what I mean? It's straight and it's to the point. Yes, Danny remarks that there is still a little time before No sorry, Danny remarks that there is still time to take the girl's shopping, and Jesse responds that he already took the girls shopping, no problem, but Danny looks dejected. He wanted to take the girls shopping.
Speaker 2: Have you ever taken kids shopping? Though it's not it always sounds fun like, oh, we're going to have a day, and it just ends in like will you go try the pants on? Will you go try the pants? No, I'm not buying them. If you're not trying them on, okay, fine, okay, but if they don't fit your I lived through this last week.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, I hate it. I hate There's nothing worse than having to go to the mall with your teenage your kid. Yeah, and they're always mad at you when things don't fit or they don't look right or.
Speaker 2: What Danny I feel like, Yeah, I get you want to spend time with the kids, but you may have saved yourself. He dodged a bullet in my indeed, indeed did and a sale to would have been crazy. So many people know, you know how the Fashion Mart half yearly saale is. It's just it's packed.
Speaker 1: It's like womped Lord of the Flies and there are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: It's yeah, chaos everyone everyone in San Francisco, is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Jesse calls for the girls to come downstairs and model their new clothes for Danny. Adriana takes a hint and decides to leave. She says she's going to try on her new outfit, which is inside a very tiny bag that she waves in front of Jesse's face, and we get our second have mercy of the episode. Jesse then hops on the piano, which sounds like an organ.
Speaker 2: Is it is an organ?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 2: That isn't that is? It's a weird little organ. And I actually think that was the one and only time maybe that it was ever played. I don't remember us ever playing it at another point, but I do remember it sitting there in that corner in the window with you know, pictures and stuff on it. But yeah, it was just a weird little like mini organ. Yeah, because uh, you know, that's because someone in that maybe well maybe Pam was played the organ in I bet it was Pam in the Greek church choir. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was expecting piano keys and it was an organ, and I was very confused on what exactly it was.
Speaker 2: Well, also, it was the eighties, it was probably a synthesizer.
Speaker 1: It was probably a keyboard.
Speaker 2: Let's be fair. It was a cassio in an overly large box like every TV that was out there, you know what I mean. It didn't need all of that, It just had it.
Speaker 1: I love it. So Jesse starts playing music and narrating the fashion show. DJ is up first. She walks down the stairs and into the living room like a makeshift catwalk. She's wearing a red sweater with an army green skirt and jacket and a coordinating red hat, a lovely fall look.
Speaker 2: Jesse described it was. It was very uh, it reminded me. It gave. It was giving like Junior Ranger vibe. Oh you know what I mean, like the forest green and the red. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 1: Okay, those colors remind me of like Freddy Krueger. So your your mind went to a much better place than my mind.
Speaker 2: Well maybe that's why I'm on a summer camp, would be Jason anyway. But yeah, no, I yeah, that's I can get that too, But no, I wasn't. It was the baseball hat for me. It was maybe I was I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was very cute, regardless and able. Candice was so adorable in that outfit. She was rocking it. Stephanie is up next. She is wearing a multicolored, multi patterned dress with a white collar, yellow socks, and I think pink jelly shoes there.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, there was so much going on with this pattern. I looked like you know when you go to a pediatrician's office and they have like the border on the wall of the exam room and it's like a crazy circus and it's all primary colors. That dress was actually made out of that, because that is exactly what it looks like, is some crazy pattern on like you know, a nineteen eighty seven pediatrician wallboard. It's just like, wow, that's loud. I'm glad there's only a little bit of it. But I had a whole dress. You had a whole dress of it.
Speaker 1: It was given like Highlights magazine, like those fine these objects in the pictures. Yes, a lot.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought it was giraffes on it too, but I think it was something out I couldn't quite tell.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell either. It was a little too small for me to tell.
Speaker 2: Pink little buckle shoes and the yellow socks because that's just everything.
Speaker 1: But you were feeling it, you were feeling it, you were loving it.
Speaker 2: I love the comment though about the back pain the way I'm walking or I'm like strutting, and I think they looped that in because it sounded slightly different than the rest of it where it was like and she's apparently suffering from back pain, right, and this week when I was suffering from back pain, I was like, that's damn right, I am.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was so cute, but yeah, I could tell you were you were wanting to mimic being a model, but yeah, you had your hands worst possible was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just like, I don't know what I was doing, backwards limbowing. So cute.
Speaker 1: Stephanie is just loving mugging for everyone and doesn't want to leave the runway. Michelle is up next, and she is wearing an adorable denim overalls dress with a pastel shirt underneath. And this is a look that says, hey, babe, it's the late eighties and I am loving every minute of it. Yes, so cute, And then, in an unscripted toddler moment, she grins and runs off like I can just tell that the Olsens are loving getting to finally be able to walk.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, participate for sure. She is so proud and that little denim outfit was so cute. It was, but I kept wanting to pull it down every time someone would.
Speaker 1: Pick her up. I got to pull this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the little bit like such a mom thing where you're such.
Speaker 1: A mom flip, pull her dressed down. We don't want to see her little diaper. Danny is forlorn. He remarks that it looks like he missed a very special day. Yeah. Next up is the ultimate macho macho man, Big Joe Stud to the.
Speaker 2: Tune of We're Gonna Say, Randy Savage to.
Speaker 1: The tune of Born to Be Wild outwalks Joey in his Jesse look, wearing black leather pants, a red shirt, a black leather jacket, and he's chewing gum. When I say my jaw dropped to the ground, he looks so gum.
Speaker 2: Automatically, I'm like, oh, don't mess with that guy.
Speaker 1: He's gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he had gloves like, oh yeah, leather gloves, leather gloves. Yeah. He was also.
Speaker 1: As he looked very stiff and very he was ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked. The leather hadn't quite worn in yet, and he was definitely not gonna leave any fingerprints.
Speaker 1: But he was ready to go, ready, so ready to go. Oh he looks so cool. The audience goes wild. Joey says, shut up, punk, and Danny says to Joey, make Michael Jackson look tough. Jesse brings Michelle over to the guys and says, Michelle, you're gonna be such a fox when you get older.
Speaker 2: That was such a that line through me. I was like, what is what? Yeah, I guess we've just learned that. Like that's a weird compliment to give kids married, Like, doesn't.
Speaker 1: You don't do that now? Yeah, it's a baby. Yeah, that was whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just Jesse, right, But people, if you're if you're wondering, don't that's don't make that comment. Now.
Speaker 1: A lot of adjectives to describe your baby, and fox is not one of them. Michelle responds by saying dadad straight to Jesse. Awkward. Danny is very upset. Michelle calls Jesse dada again, and who was doing this voice? Do you think this was like a voice had a baby voice?
Speaker 2: Lady? Yeah, that she would kind of stand off, I think, to the side and do it. I forget what her name was though, but yeah, there were there were like people that sort of did the cooing and the weird little.
Speaker 1: Because it didn't sound organically. It didn't sound like it was actually Michelle making that or the Olsen making that sound.
Speaker 2: But well, timing a baby to make a noise on cue is also rather difficult.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was at that age. It's impossible.
Speaker 2: But it was not Dave. It was I think a voice actor on the side.
Speaker 1: I wondered if it was Dave too, because I know he can do all of those races, so I'm like, did he step in or Okay, So they had a baby voice actor and she was was she there like during the live shows.
Speaker 2: There standing off stage? I And this is what I remember is that she would be standing off stage with a like a live microphone. So that for live shows and stuff, because if you're doing the scene and the joke or the whatever requires it the baby to make a noise in order to get the reaction, then you'd have to do it to get the audience's reaction because otherwise otherwise the joke would work. Joke has to work so yeah, you gotta have the baby noise lady standing off to the side.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is fascinating. I wish we could get her on the pod and pick her brain about it, right.
Speaker 2: I Actually I just did a voiceover thing with an incredibly talented voice actor named Debbie darry Berry, and she did a baby voice while we were on this panel, and I was like, uh, it was uncanny. It was crazy. So there are some people out there that definitely like can make that exact noise.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: It's pretty awesome. What a credit on your resume.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Baby Coup number three.
Speaker 1: Joey takes Michelle and then Michelle calls Joey dadad too. Poor Danny takes Michelle and it's crickets if she doesn't say anything to him, and Danny is so upset that his sweet little baby thinks that Jesse and Joey are her father's Yeah, poor Danny. Danny decides that he's been working too many hours and that's why Michelle doesn't know who he is. I gotta spend more time with my children. A DJ and Stephanie walk downstairs and call Danny dad, and Danny is thrilled that at least his other two daughters know who he is. He decides it's time for a daddy daughter day with all three girls.
Speaker 2: What a good idea. Sounds lovely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The next scene, we are back in the garage and Jesse drives his motorcycle into the garage with Joey on the back of the bike.
Speaker 2: Joey, sorry, that garage set I don't think was around well, I guess it was around during the first season, but I I vaguely remember it. I remember it being like off in the back corner and it's smelling like the motorcycle, but it's so weird, like it's such a It's one of those sets that's not really part of like a lot of the memories that I have. I don't know. I feel like we changed it into something after not too long, and it wasn't a set that we were in very often. But I do remember the Santa head because that was important.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, that you can't. That's in your nightmares forever.
Speaker 2: You'll never forget it, right, Yeah, It's just a giant Santa head with little tiny legs, you know. It's that's what in my nightmares.
Speaker 1: And it looks like the eyes are following you like those three d busts on a mansion.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the concave. Yeah, when they carve it inward, like guy, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You no matter where you go, it's a creepy, creepy scend.
Speaker 2: Like I said, follow that Santa and that weird chucky doll in the living room, and you have an entirely different uh and different show. Entirely different.
Speaker 1: Yes. So Joey is still holding on tight to Jesse as they dismount the bike. Jesse tells him, you have to let me go or we have a lot of explaining to do to my parents. But his mom is that is a weird line because his mom is dead.
Speaker 2: No, his mom isn't dead. His mom was just there. His is dead.
Speaker 1: His sister's yeah, yeah, yeah, never mind.
Speaker 2: It's it's all the family references between Jesse and his mom and the parents and the kid.
Speaker 1: These people straight.
Speaker 2: But I think I don't. I think the fact that we were all related was aroundant. Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was his sister. It was your mother, but it was his sister. God right, got it right. I'm gonna have to remind I'm gonna have to draw a family tree and have it like right here, okay, on my desk, because you're right.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Jesse closes the garage door and Joey explains how transformative this motorcycle ride was for him. Jesse tells him, you got the look, you got the ride. Now you just need to ride off into adventure. Joey is stoked and he hops back on the motorcycle. Jesse stops him. Nobody rides my bike, and he shows him to the girl's bicycles instead.
Speaker 2: It's a very smart idea, by the way, to not let someone who has never driven a motorcycle drive your motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yes, Jesse caught him, just in the nick of time.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, don't do yeah, I mean, well no, he does eventually take off, But I if Joey's never ridden a motorcycle, I'm impressed, Yeah, because that's.
Speaker 1: That's a big responsibility for someone like Joey, who doesn't take anything seriously.
Speaker 2: Can't Yeah, who can't put his own clothes, Well, no, he can't put his own clothes on because you can also dress a manekin anyway.
Speaker 1: But he just can't match. He can't match his patterns and his you know.
Speaker 2: That's okay, he's wearing leather. Now it's all different.
Speaker 1: He's wearing leather. He's a totally different man. Joey says, I want danger, I want adventure. I want to ride your pig. There's another awkward beat. Jesse clarifies that it's called a hog, not a pig. Jesse finally gives in and says, okay, fine, one ride around the block. Joey hops on the bike excitedly and almost rides away, but he forgets that the garage door is closed. Ohop, crisis is averted. Though.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm je like I said getting out of that steep driveway too, I mean, it was you did a lot on that bike for having never done it. Well, maybe I don't know that he has never done it before, but I think that's a good guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, he seems so terrified riding in with Jesse, and I think that it was his first time ever on a bike as a passage.
Speaker 2: And I mean I've ridden motorcycles on the back as a passenger, and I can definitely say like I wouldn't be like, yeah, you know what, I've never done this before, and I was, let me, I'm gonna do this. Well, I might do that, but but I haven't. I wouldn't now.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay. In the next scene, we are in DJ and Stephanie's room. Danny is videotaping Stephanie's cute feet while the girls are sleeping. Stephanie wakes up, followed by DJ, who asks what is going on. Danny announces that he has a surprise. He is not going to work today and it is Daddy daughter Day.
Speaker 2: Yay yay.
Speaker 1: Jay says, but wait, Sunday is your busiest day, and Danny assures her that he worked it all out. He'll be working on New Year's Eve, but he worked it out. He asks what the girls want to do. DJ says take a cruise around the bay, and Stephanie says horseback riding, and Danny tells them it's your day. Oh. DJ asks if they can buy a big screen TV, a CD player, and a couple of mopeds. I love the reference. I love that a CD player is like a prized item here, like right, yeah, yeah, the ultimate prize.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. Not a walkman though, because man, no, no, a stationary CD.
Speaker 1: You already have a walkman, No, no, no CD player. That's you know, aim for the stars, that is what you want.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: In the next scene, we are in the living room. The phone rings and Jesse answers it. It's Joey on the other end of the line. Jesse yells at him to get home. He's been gone since yesterday. Joey t before.
Speaker 2: Cell phones, right, yeah, somebody disappears and you're like, where are you? Yeah, now you could be like get I know exactly.
Speaker 1: Where you are. Mm hmmm. Oh yes, this is long before the Life three sixty apps or the cell phone or all of those tracking devices. Yeah. Joey on the other end of the line tells Jesse to chill out, babe, and Jesse says, I created you.
Speaker 2: I can destroy you.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh boy. Uh. Next, we are in the garage and Joey is sneaking the motorcycle into the garage. He thinks that he is safe when suddenly Jesse pops out from behind the enormous scary Santa Head.
Speaker 2: Jesse was terrifying. It's terrifying. It's terrifying.
Speaker 1: I can't you can't stop looking at it too. Jesse starts yelling at Joey. I said once around the block. Jesse grabs Joey by his jacket, collar and this this seems like a threatening situation when suddenly the girls and Danny appear, interrupting this angry altercation. The girls and Danny, knowing that Joey is in trouble, take their balloons and their stuffed dolphin souvenirs and they exit upstairs, teasing oo as they walk by.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: You better have a good explanation, Jesse says to Joey. Joey says, your spirit entered my body, and he describes how his hair expanded. It's like the last Yeah, from one mullet to another.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it's true, just Joey has a mullet, but it's just as slightly as smaller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesse's got the ultimately quaff.
Speaker 2: Every time I see John's hair these early episodes, I'm just like really brought like good big.
Speaker 1: That was a choice, that was a deliberateus.
Speaker 2: Choice choice, and it was all He really did have a lot of hair, just.
Speaker 1: A lot of hair.
Speaker 2: Damn, it's a lot of hair.
Speaker 1: Those Greeks have just such good genes, so much hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it skipped Steph because you know she didn't get it from her mom's side apparently.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, but No, it's it's so perfectly cofted. It looks like a wig. But it yeah, I mean, you're saying, for the record right now, it was not a wig.
Speaker 2: It was not a wig. That was John's twenty.
Speaker 1: Four year old full head of hair.
Speaker 2: Wow, just a mop.
Speaker 1: It was a mob yeah, helmet hair.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 1: Uh. Joey regales Jesse with a story about seeing a woman dressed in red leather. He popped around the end of his bike and did a wheelie, saying, have mercy. Jesse is so proud, and the audience loves it. Joey continues this story. They drove to Vegas. They checked into Caesar's and played the craps table, where Joey won fourteen thousand dollars. Jesse probes him, did you uh you know, and Joey replies, yes, we got married. He says, they took a jet to New York. They helicoptered into Manhattan and started a revival of Broadways Porky and Bess.
Speaker 2: God, I remember when I did that one summer. It was just, you know, I just went out for a yeah, for a quick little motorcycle ride around the block, and then you know, Porky and best later.
Speaker 1: I was just but this story is so in the spirit of of Jesse, Like I love has he come home with like going to Rome go right?
Speaker 2: You know he yeah missed whatever eighty six. I don't know why that one sticks in my head, but yeah, right, he has been everywhere. So yeah, this was Uh. I love it that Joey though, like goes for adventure but slightly you know off, like they got married.
Speaker 1: He still has a Joey twist. Ryeah they Broadway musical, right, It's I love it. It's yeah, it's not quite the level of Jesse, but he gets an A for effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: So Joey says, you don't believe a word of this, do you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And Jesse responds not a syllable. Joey finally admits the truth. He met a girl down the street and went to her house, where he did win fourteen thousand dollars, but in monopoly money, and then he fell asleep on her couch. Jesse confirms the story by checking the mileage on the bike, which is only a mile and a half. Joey apologizes for being gone so long. Joey says that no matter what he's wearing or what he's riding on. He is still Joey and that's okay. Jesse agrees and calls him Big Joe stud. Joey exits, and with a toss of his head, he announces that he's going to take a bubble bath. You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, imagine though, someone just showing up on a motorcycle dressed like that, coming into your house, playing Monopoly and then passing out and leaving the next morning.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's San Francisco, you know, it's just what that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's a pretty weird adventure.
Speaker 1: Joey. Yeah, it's it's so on brand red Joey. You know, it's so good.
Speaker 2: But I thought about it. He was like, oh, yeah, that's not Oh you didn't really do it, and you're like, nope, still random leather dude in a house playing Monopoly, falling asleep on someone's couch.
Speaker 1: I forgot he's still wearing that leather.
Speaker 2: He's still a lady in this person's house that he just met and playing Monopoly and then falling asleep on the couch.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next, uh, we are in DJ and Stephanie's room. Danny is tucking the girls into bed, and Stephanie says, I love father daughter day. Danny agrees, but reminds her that tomorrow it's back to the real world.
Speaker 2: We're in school.
Speaker 1: Danny goes to I Know. Danny goes to tuck in DJ, and he asks if she enjoyed the day, and DJ replies with sick sarcasm that it was the best day of her life and even pointing out that she's smiling with her happy teeth. Danny says that's not a DJ happy face, and DJ, exasperated, insists that she's happy, happy happy.
Speaker 2: When I'm happy happy happy, okay, Yes, she would say that for the rest of forever. I always say that to Yeah, I'm happy, happy, happy, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, that lives rent free in my head like that delivery is so good. So clearly she's not happy, happy, happy okay, and she gets out of bed and goes to her closet.
Speaker 2: Danny, if I say I'm happy, happy, happy, someone everyone should run just quickly go I'm not the nearest exity. Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 1: Danny asks Steph to go get some water so that he and DJ can talk, and Steph leaves, knowing that something is wrong, and she says, if you need me, I'll be in the bathroom drinking water and waiting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like, I'm not an idiot. You need me to leave, I'll go.
Speaker 1: She's five years old, but she is smart. She knows what's happening. Danny asks DJ what is going on? And DJ replies, it's hard being brave for my little sister all the time. Like when Danny couldn't take DJ shopping, she was really upset, but she couldn't show it in front of Stephanie or Stephanie would also get upset. Danny tells DJ that she is a terrific big sister and no one has to put on an act in this house. What's really bothering you? He asks as he sits DJ on his lap. DJ can't quite put it into words. Today was so much fun, but she kept getting sadder and sadder as the day went on. He says, maybe you were sad for the same reason I was, because you didn't want the day to end.
Speaker 2: DJ says, mom just died.
Speaker 1: Well, there's they don't talk about that. You can only talk about that like once every three.
Speaker 2: This was the thing. He was like, maybe you were because you didn't want the day to end, And I was like, because you're like, sit over your mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, DJ's acting now a little bit for good reason, she said, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just this was not the reason that I was expecting. I thought I was gonna go back to I'm his mom. You know, well, I guess maybe that's kind of what it's alluding to. True, true, we understand that subjects she's been a good Yeah. I do appreciate that that DJ's trying to look out for stuff though, and not make her sad too. Yes, a sweet moment, that was very sweet.
Speaker 1: I loved this moment. DJ gives Danny a very tight hug and says that she loves being with him. And I just these scenes, you know, Bob and Candice just really nail his father daughter scenes. I love them so much, never get tired of them.
Speaker 2: And I love the contract. I mean, the contrast of the silliness of the guys and kind of their storyline and then the you know, the the really sweet moments of real connection and family stuff. Yeah, it was reminds me of a great balance. The show kind of always struck.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that good balance. Definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean not me. I have terrible balance, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, always since age five, DJ says she feels better. Nothing was solved, but just talking about it helps. Danny tells her that it helps him too, and he promises that he's going to find more time to spend with her.
Speaker 2: I love that message, by the way, when that she says, nothing was solved, but it just felt good to talk mm hm. And it hit me that, like that was a big piece of full house, like we always said, you know, oh, and then everything was solved in half an hour and there were some things that were but but most importantly like it just whatever it was got talked about. Yeah, and yeah, I was like, what a great message that you know. No, it's not going to solve everything, but you got to talk about it anyway.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. No. That's how I feel about therapy too, is like sometimes I just go, yeah, yeah, just you don't get all the answers in forty five minutes, but just talking it out that that does wonders.
Speaker 2: That's a great I'm still gonna be crazy, but I will at least have a slightly better perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's such a good message. In the last scene of the episode, we are in Michelle's room. Danny checks on Michelle and says, you may not remember today, but it was one of the best days of my life. He kisses her good night and starts to.
Speaker 2: Leave the room.
Speaker 1: When Michelle finally says dad, Danny comes back in the room and fist pumps. Yes, and that is our show. That's such warm fuzzies, you know, I love that.
Speaker 2: That was so maybe Michelle was just like, look, I just needed a day with you, and then I will give you then I'll call you dad, I'll give you the thing that you want. Yeah. I think she's just very smart. She was like, I want to go on a boat cruise.
Speaker 1: She's you know, she's not even one yet, and she's exactly and you know, it was interesting.
Speaker 2: I noticed that Ashley Uh in these episodes had her middle name, which was Ashley Fuller Olson.
Speaker 1: I forgot that.
Speaker 2: I forgot that her middle name is Fuller.
Speaker 1: Which is really weird thinking about it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's a as in Fuller House. Yeah it's anyway. I just a funny little side tangent.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and we didn't have our everywhere you look moments.
Speaker 1: Let's bring it on everywhere.
Speaker 2: You look but everywhere you look, here we go, okay, we're gonna start saving these till the end so that they have their own, you know, moment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because they deserve their own moment.
Speaker 2: They deserve their own moment. So everywhere you look. If you look at the scene in which Bob and Candas are on the bed and talking and she says, I'm happy, happy, happy, Okay, if you look at the magazine that she is reading, mm hmm, it is a team beat or a Tiger Beat or whatever, and it's her brother's face on the back of it. And I remember her intentionally doing that. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, so cool. Yeah, great, what an easter egg? This is a huge it was that was that was an easter egg? Yeah, because he was there, you know, growing pains at the time, but it was, yeah, that was a little easter egg in the show. And I was like, oh my gosh, that's a great everywhere you look moment.
Speaker 1: It's so great because it's so small and you would miss it if you blink or if you aren't preying attention, if you're folding laundry while you're watching the show, you're going to miss it. So and it is such a good look.
Speaker 2: It's is this our first episode where Joey and the mannequin aren't matching?
Speaker 1: The streak is broken?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's done.
Speaker 1: So it is done in both times. He's wearing two out fits in this episode, and the mannequin doesn't match either.
Speaker 2: We've just forgotten about him. He's just been tossed into the alcove.
Speaker 1: This bothers me more than it should, like, I admit.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also you know, it's very hard to buy two full leather daddy outfits, one for you and one for your mannequin, so.
Speaker 1: That would be very expensive. It's probably out of budget, for sure.
Speaker 2: It is. It's not cheap. It's not cheap. I'm sure you can find it in San Francisco, but it's not cheap, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, Well I hope that next week we are back to our mannequin matching episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't watch if the mannequin is not matching.
Speaker 2: I need it. Yeah, that is my that's my my first and most important. Everywhere you look, almost every episode is is for the mannequin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So well, this was a really sweet episode and I love you know, I love again the message that it talked about with you know that sometimes just talking about it is enough and just it doesn't have to fix everything, but just spending time together and talking about stuff is important. Yeah, as long as the things you're talking about are not the recent passing of your mother, it's totally fine.
Speaker 1: Gotta have boundaries. Yeah, No, I wish we could have gone along on the Daddy daughter day. Wish we could have seen that, But I'm sure the show's on a budget. They can't afford go on location to Marina World or whatever.
Speaker 2: Five episodes in, right, can you imagine? And you never take a sitcom out of the stage.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 2: It's always a terrible idea.
Speaker 1: It's a kiss of death.
Speaker 2: Yep, it really is. But thank you so much everyone for joining us this week. We hope you enjoyed another episode of how Rude tanner Rito's If you want to follow us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast, we are on social media, or you can email us at how Rude Podcast at gmail dot com. And yeah, we will see you guys next time. We have a fun and exciting guest for our next episode.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. It'll be such a special episode. It really will all right, Jody, all right until next time, until next time.
Speaker 1: Bad