Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hekma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Here we are on a Monday recovery day, The Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat as the Dallas Cowboys take one on the Chin from the Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: E Chiny Chin Chin and uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, this is tough. This is tough, guys. Let's get into it. This is tough.
Speaker 3: Hey, we lovely.
Speaker 2: So if we go back here, we look at the predictions we made. Uh Church, you had it. You have Philly winning twenty seven twenty one.
Speaker 3: Oh damn yeah. I thought I was in the thirties. I thought I had a thirty six to twenty. Yeah you, And I was like, man, you think I had thirty six to twenty?
Speaker 2: Have more faith than Killer's and heck heck had the Cowboys winning.
Speaker 3: But I didn't. I did.
Speaker 4: I told y'all. I told y'all there was no way in hell I was gonna pick Philly. Y'all know, I mean capable I'm incapable.
Speaker 2: And he was a good thing. I went back and right now we look at the picts. Barry, we got six, he's got five wins.
Speaker 3: So so it was gonna.
Speaker 4: Be you know, I thought, this is it tonight to night where you're gonna get back tonight that night.
Speaker 5: No, that was really not because we all got the rams. O.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta I gotta go back the other way. I gotta Oh, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 6: So we.
Speaker 3: Short lived lead, short lived lead.
Speaker 4: D you know, it's all good good, it ain't that so all we all tied up. Now we should be.
Speaker 7: That's pretty much right, man, We all tied up. Man, it feels good. Hey, it does feel good. Forty nine yards of passing. Who you're talking about the whole game too. This is not just for far.
Speaker 5: Viewers that you know for some reason, maybe it's on a plane or this is not a quarter.
Speaker 3: This is not a series about the game. This is an entire game.
Speaker 8: Sixty minutes Cooper Rush forty five forty nine forty five forty five year old Tray came in, added four forty quatro passing, not one, not too through four Trey passed for four yards.
Speaker 5: This is what you this is These are the yards that you're putting together with one of the best wide receivers International Football League and CD Lamb. This is this is what this offense could muster right now. This is it's embarrassing.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: And y'all saw the game, y'all, y'all, y'all watched it. Y'all seen it. It was embarrassing display. Offensive We're getting the defense here in a little bit, but offensively, you can't be productive if your offensive line has no stability in there. They're not playing as a unit. We talked about this on the chat. The emergency left tackle, Awesome Richardson, I pronounced it his name. He played better in my opinion, then the guy at right tackle who was paid big money and I'm talking about Terrence.
Speaker 2: Steel and played better than the guy he filled in for who was taking the first round.
Speaker 3: This to me is how does that happen? How does this happen? In terror?
Speaker 5: Still, this ain't the first display that we've seen from mister Steel out there letting the floodgates open, all right.
Speaker 3: He's been on about a three or four game skid.
Speaker 5: Right now, where you look into that right side and you're like, man, can't we hold up at all? Can we hold up at all? I know Zach Martin, Hall of Famer, We get all that he's struggling as well. So when you don't have any stability within your officive line, your officive line's not playing at a unit, how can you be productive? There's no balance, there's no identity to this offense. Right now, when I look at it, it's just hey, man, it looks like they're just throwing plays out there.
Speaker 3: Man, let's see if this works. Let's see if that works.
Speaker 2: Essentially, you have to so if you can't protect, you can't run the ball. Your running backs are if you had to give it a grade, you'd say it was a C and average group of running backs outside of Ceedee Lamb. Your receivers are average. And your tight end is not playing at the level you thought he would. Okay, let's just be honest. He's and maybe you overvalue the tight end. So when you say the game plan went back, what were you supposed to come up with?
Speaker 5: My thing is, why are we doing five and seven step drops? Why are we sitting back there trying to do these deep, developing routes When you understand you off the line can't protect Cooper.
Speaker 3: That thing should have been out of his head.
Speaker 5: You know who you're going against, these guys, scout the Philadelphia Eagles. The Philadelphia Eagles in the past four games had seventeen sacks. Are their averaging four sacks a game? You know what they bring to the table defensively? Why are we not screening here? Screening? There should be no five step drops, There should be no deep developing routes out there. Every time that man was posted up in the pocket, we saw what happened. He was getting hit upside his head. I mean, that's exactly what happened. So it's just it's just confusing because this is the same Cooper Rush who granted off the line was better in twenty twenty two, but he was he was balling, the play calls were on point.
Speaker 3: He was getting the ball out of his hands extremely fast.
Speaker 5: It was a confusing, confusing plan to meet offensively in this game.
Speaker 4: Look bad game plan and bad quarterback play made everything the compound of your eras be blaring those passes. Cooper Rush well, from what we've seen from him in his starts, the first time you started to see his ball float.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was late.
Speaker 4: He's throwing into traffic, and then it got it got to certain points of the game. It's just like we can't do anything because this offensive line, obviously, the rhythm is none of it works together.
Speaker 3: All right, play action and give vic Vangelo credit. No no, no kill less.
Speaker 4: Give Vic Vangilo credit for making a your your backup quarterback look less than a backup quarterback because he didn't do anything exotic. He was getting pressure with four, he was dropping guys in coverage. He covered up everything that we wanted to do. Most of the time, when Rush was throwing to a guy, he was throwing into traffic. Unless it was one of those dump digs or one of those out routes all that other slow developing stuff.
Speaker 3: He was throwing that into traffic. Period.
Speaker 4: Guys were not open, and when they were open, the ball was late. So he's hitting got some side of the head with the ball. And that's what just and the thing is, that's what you're supposed to do if you are if you are a defensive coordinator in this league. That's what you're supposed to do to a backup quarterback. Remember we were having an argument about Russell Wilson in Pittsburgh, remember that talking about Justin Phil Justin Fields and all of that, and and everybody was saying, all right, well, Justin Filds brings another dimension in Yana da YadA, YadA. But what can what can Russ do? He can deliver the mail And it was something for everybody else to see. He was maybe it was a calf injury. Whatever. You got an opportunity to see what the offense looked like with Justin in it, and then you got an opportunity to see what.
Speaker 3: It looked like with Russ and Big and so we picked that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a distinct it's a distinct difference between those two quarterbacks. And you see right now your wide receivers are not They weren't creating any separation before.
Speaker 3: Nadamn sure not doing it now.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And the one thing that you have out there that is a threat, you know, Vic Vangiel is gonna take that away in any sect, and dairy player was gonna be taken away. So that's gonna give you more room for guys like Brooks, guys like Tolbert to have an impact on the game. When was the last time we came back here and said that Brooks, well that Brooks Will got them.
Speaker 3: He's just Joe.
Speaker 2: You're correct, But I come back into this, is it really fair to ask these guys to be something that we at training camp didn't think they were.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry guys, and it this is me. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if you get a jersey on Sunday and you're one of the one percenters to play on Sunday, you gotta be able to do your job. We just we just saw the guy Don Dotson. Remember he was on the scrap heep. He was done but in you first round picked off. But no, absolutely, and I'm not trying whether he under performed or whatever it is. He looked like he was worth it. To me, he was your three. He was your three at resist that gave you production. I'll being against a rookie, but who else is he in front of me? I better win my one on one and he did that. All you're asking guys to do is win your matchup at least once, or when you match up something get That's it. And I don't think that that absolves them. I can't give him excuse for that dog. You're not getting it done. You're not getting it done.
Speaker 5: And that's before we even dive into this red zone, which has been an issue the entire season. Consistently trash in the red zone, like you get down there and the defense, I think they did enough to get done, but ex playing the red zones explained. So the red zone twenty yards an end is what they call the red zone. That's where if your offense gets down in there, you should have a high percentage of getting in the end zone, not settling for field goals. And that's what we talk about all the time when you go against these better teams, whether it's the NFC, AFC, field goals aren't gonna cut it.
Speaker 3: You've got to be able to push the ball into the end zone.
Speaker 5: And that's something that the Dallas Cowboys have not been able to do all season long. So you get down to the red zone, two field goals and a fumble, and a fumble killed you by you know, one of your veteran players killed. You're supposedly short yard That's what we all thought he was supposed to come in here to do. Beat the short yardage goal line back. We talked about Parlor not being able to push it in and now we got a guy that we thought, okay, at least five yards in, they're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get the job done.
Speaker 5: Man, he went up in there, and I'm talking about Ezequie Elliott went up in here and coughed it up, coughed the ball right up, and that was.
Speaker 3: A drivet that you needed. It's just man, when it rains and poors.
Speaker 4: Man, that's the most insulting thing to me is the red zone deficiencies you could get if all of your struggles, everything that you struggle with, if you get down there close enough, you should be able to score the football. I mean, if you look around the NFL and you look at the other teams, they find a way. And I'm not going to go to the Patrick Mahomess other world and teams, but when you get down in the red zone game after game after game, the execution has to change. I know, as a defense, it's like, look, now the spaces are smaller, we don't have to deal with.
Speaker 3: But come on, man, it's the same problem year in the year out.
Speaker 4: It just did didn't just start this year, and every time we think we're over it, we don't have a we don't have a one on one threat in the red zone and we can't run it in. And when we do, and then when we finally do get an opportunity, we fumble it. We fumble it through the end zone from a guy that you brought in just for those situations.
Speaker 3: Light just all, you know. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying when I say, when you say it rains, it pours.
Speaker 3: Oh like, make that make sense? Two guys?
Speaker 4: I mean, hey, my man, third.
Speaker 3: Don't give it to me. Oh god, I can't see.
Speaker 4: What that's That's what makes it so tough. That's what makes it so tough, because I can't. And I've been laughing for a day and a half now since Jerry said where's the moon?
Speaker 3: Where's the moon?
Speaker 5: You see a ball coming the right like I'm snagging it And I apologize later and that was for you, but I got it.
Speaker 4: I'm in the ears on my bad, but I got it. You who pulls the hands? Nobody, nobody, That must not be meant for me? What nobody? Nobody does? Nobody does that, damn nobody. And then had I can't see see Samuel Porter last name, I did Yeah, he went out there and did his thing. I means schoolmaker yesterday. No, I didn't see he got a couple have the ball.
Speaker 2: And I go back in that conversation where it was said that McCarthy loved the Porter and they thinking about taking him in the first round, but they took Mogie Smith and said, so your draft that he was Magic Smith Brown one make a round two and these two guys have just it's another game which they they didn't get anything done for you. Meanwhile, the Porter had balling the troit and your tight end is unfortunately getting getting stripped the ball. And turnover how you turn four fumbles?
Speaker 3: How does how does this?
Speaker 5: It's I don't care how great you play, you lose the turnover battle.
Speaker 3: Does that say nine times out of ten you're gonna lose the game? Absolutely? And this.
Speaker 4: I mean it got to the point about about his past game.
Speaker 3: Special Pisi still won that.
Speaker 5: That was the light of the game for me was when my man still got beat off of the edge, sack fumble thirty seventeen.
Speaker 4: Just fall on the ball, man, What what you think you scoop it up the ball?
Speaker 3: That dad said, let me scoop this up.
Speaker 5: I would go ahead. So not only did he not scoop it up, he fell again and the.
Speaker 4: Ball and the ball continuously rolled and guess I picked it up somebody from Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Where do they do this happen? When he ran it's been a rough here from mister steel Texas tech guns up. No, it's it's been hard.
Speaker 4: It's been it's been hard, man, And I think guys, guys are come against it. And that's that's what I said. They didn't do anything exotic. They got pressure with four and when and when Vangiel wanted to shut the game, shut it down. He closed the curtain in the third quarter with that sack strip. That was the that was that.
Speaker 3: It's a wrap, it's overwhere, it's over with.
Speaker 4: We bring pressure when we want to, you know, we shut this down when we want to. We're gonna let you play it between the thirties and then we're gonna shut it down on you did They don't give you no room. And it was like there was nothing that Cooper Rush. There's nothing Cooper Rush could do about that. I'm just saying before before we get to the defense, and I know we're gonna start talking about that, but something needs to be said amount about the amount of times teams run on the Cowboys versus the amount of times that they throw versus the Cowboys. And these home victories and these last couple of losses, I mean, these numbers are crazy. Teams are teams in their completions.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Start of a car, start of a Derek Carr. Let's uh, let's get a break.
Speaker 4: Let's get a break to scoop it up. Where you going about to do? Where you're going He's about to get what are you about to do? You're gonna scoop it up and do what?
Speaker 3: Score? What going thought?
Speaker 4: He was there to jump on the ball, bro what You're gonna pick up the ball and do what?
Speaker 3: Mary picked it up? What was his plan? After that? Returned his mother out?
Speaker 2: Just quit humps them ups?
Speaker 3: Fell again? Man, So Michael Parson made the uh.
Speaker 2: Michael Parson's comments made a lot of a lot of headlines today, So we'll we'll dive into MICA's postgames comments. Uh with heck Maharrison Perry Church on new Scrugs displays load brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler. That's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But late I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 11: Prescott keats it slides with a first.
Speaker 9: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: Perfect pro My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 3: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix and MVP's Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor versus Serrano head to AT and T Stadium on Friday, November fifteenth as international superstar Jake Paul takes on the battest man on the planet, Mike Tyson, and don't miss Katie Taylor and Amanda Serranos long Away to rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship. Limited tickets are available now see the seek geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of A D and D Stadium.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heck my Harrison, you're in the players lands. Go Mike.
Speaker 4: I had better be bobbing and weaving. I know that, my crack. Don't get caut in the corner, big Mic. Don't run us, boy, keep your hands up at all the time.
Speaker 3: Take you one of them sharing the shops?
Speaker 4: Ready, ball, Mike, come on out like that man. Don't go out like that man. Come on, stay out the canvas. I do not want to see that man.
Speaker 2: They really put that in the script battsman on the plane, Yes, nineteen circa in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 4: Come on, Mike, come on, man, come on, Mike. I don't I tell you, I don't. I don't want to see.
Speaker 3: Bobbing the waven What the age.
Speaker 4: Again nine fifty eight, fifty eight, Yeah, fifty eight, Jake Paul like, yeah you twenty twenty seven, she got the young man, Yeah, juicing my types of bad.
Speaker 3: Fight all night, like I need to nap. Ain't gonna be no time out.
Speaker 5: This was bad and the fight was postponed because it's like a pass on the plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, might passed out on the plane, bro.
Speaker 3: But he's ready now, ready we go.
Speaker 4: Mike past out on the plane. Yea episode? Ye had the episode on the plane, the baddest man on the planet, baddest man on the planet. Come on, Mike Man, you know you're gonna come into that Tupac. You know what I'm saying. Vicious of a rider, Come on, Mike, contract up.
Speaker 2: LL cool Jay's I'm Bad. I don't think it was released. I don't know if you were born when it was released.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you weren't born. So that's the guy that was the baddest man on the planet. Yeah, okay, that's LL. Second album, Yeah I'm Bad, bigger and depthite of the album, bigger and definitely followed up Radio.
Speaker 3: I would say, well, I would say was still good. Yeah, okay, it was.
Speaker 5: They were they were the kings of that's how that, that's that's the guy you're referencing.
Speaker 3: He ain't that no more.
Speaker 2: And you think that's what we're gonna see Friday night. No, those little those videos, social media videos. He looks good, he looks good, looks good. I mean, for ten seconds, man would knock me out real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, matter what you think of Jake, let you think of him. He is training and he is a professional fighter. He's doing this. I've done this long enough to know these people like to fight fights.
Speaker 3: They know they can win. For sure.
Speaker 2: Floyd Mayweather's last fifteen fights where it gets nobody was gonna beat him, and he pat Connor McGregor in here.
Speaker 3: He thought.
Speaker 4: He did work condor over to you know what, he did, beat the besselin. I'm gonna make sure these three four rounds. I'm gonna let you hang. I'm gonna let you I'm gonna I'm gonna let you play get.
Speaker 3: Their money's worth, you know, Okay, play time, it's time to go to go guy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I told people said Floyd made whether it doesn't fight fights, he's not gonna win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no interest in that fifty, you know why, and then we finally fought pack.
Speaker 3: Yeah in back yard was old, but that's older by that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why he waited long enough wash But you see how this thame playout, Man, guys, they wait so long to the fight. He really has no meaning. Then when it first came out. The only the last fight that I seen two guys fighting their prime with Sugar Sugar Ray Linard and hack and Hackler. Those are the only that's the only thing I ever seen two guys fight, and the man from Dollars he went prime, but got.
Speaker 3: We got lumped up. They were prime. Somebody was just primer. Somebody prim a little bit more prime privately primary.
Speaker 4: That would be that would be Earl down beat the breaks. You're right, I would, I would. I wouldn't say it would beat the breaks off o the.
Speaker 3: Guy I leave Man.
Speaker 4: Texas already already all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got that work.
Speaker 4: He got the words the last time, even to my rematch now player, But then he came up with his own set of issues when they came round.
Speaker 3: So he was rematching.
Speaker 2: He was it was supposed to be like quick to like oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He did not.
Speaker 4: He did not honor that rematch clause that he that's that's man, sometimes not worth seeing when you get beat like that, it's not that's not worth seeing again, it's everybody know what the rematch would have been been a little bit of the same.
Speaker 5: Keep it moving after that. Yeah, come on, Mike, let the check keep moving. Come on, Mike, Mike, let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I just don't hit the campus. That's all.
Speaker 2: I've got a credential for the fights.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on Texas and let us know, man, let her let her know what one why they have it on a Friday. Ain't doing us like that, man, the fight's on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I've unfortunately, I've been in this game long enough to know and see how it ends. And back when I used to work in Los Angeles and we go to Vegas all the time. Man, and you see it when you see it at the end, it's tough, man, It's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough. Someone see that.
Speaker 6: Those images those there's gonna be some tough images to see.
Speaker 3: If Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: Roy Jones was hard to watch my boy Sugar Shane Mosley. Man, I watched Sugar Shane come up in the game and watch him at the end. Man, stop somebody like somebody please talk to You're not gonna be able to count these five fingers here soon. I mean, you know, at a certain point in time, you go in that ring, you don't leave it the same thing you brought up in there because it gets your body only has so many hits.
Speaker 4: And Wilders Wilder's getting like that.
Speaker 6: Don't tell you. Wilder from Alabama's getting like that. And the guy from overseas, the black dude, I can't think, Josh, Josh. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then when you interviewed Man, you know and La because all the all the fighters will always constantly go to l A and we'd interview man. It was tough man talk to boom boom Man see me one day and I'm just sitting there just like nah after a while because I'm like, I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 3: You couldn't put too many licks.
Speaker 6: Boom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was old Eddie Murphy Saturday at Life Skit one time when he was talking about he was doing the ALLI and it was, you know, it was just like man fun out.
Speaker 5: He was like yeah, and it's before the parkings just set in. But it's like that's what happens when you stay too long, man, stay too long. It's like I want to see a brother, stay too long, and you see it, guy, I saw.
Speaker 2: I saw Dalo Hoya and Trinidad at the Prime Man.
Speaker 3: It was good stuff. And then another one.
Speaker 5: Oscar used to say, Man, you're not gonna see me here this long. I'm not gonna be one of those guys that will not be me. I may leave, go to architecture school. I'm going I'm not staying here. You know what he did, Stay too long, stay too long? So like, let we talked to Oscar. Man to Oscar, and it's hard man. So that's my thing about Tyson. I mean, you're fifty eight man, and and we've seen him.
Speaker 2: Take some Look. We saw Lennox Lewis take him down to Memphis, Tennessee, MA. That was sad to watch me. It's like we've already seen you go down that road. And Jake Paul is not you know this, This ain't the second coming of Smoking Joe Fraser or anything like that. Or but he can fight enough. So there's gonna be for un good luck. It's good marketing. Netflix is going get a good number.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I just I just, I just have.
Speaker 2: You just don't want to see you don't want to see it in bad. So that's that's just speaking of ending bad. It ended bad for the Cowboys yesterday thirty four to six in Philadelphia Eagles. And afterwards, Jory Epstein had asked Michael Parsons about Mike McCarthy and his feelings of the head coach, and and and I know, Georgy, Jory's not Jory is not a person who's out here trying to, you know, make clicks or things like that. You know, she's asking a legitimate question, trying to get mikeaeh Mike's opinion on it.
Speaker 3: And this thing blew up.
Speaker 2: On the the morning shows. People went at it pretty good about it, and Michael said, you know, it was what Georgie said, cool, what do you tell people who are wondering if Mike McCarthy will be your coach next year? Michael says, cool, that's above my pay grade. If is coaching next year, Mike can leave and go wherever he wants. The guys I kind of feel bad for the vets like Zach Martin, who might be in there last year.
Speaker 3: Or close to it. That's who I want to hold the trophy for.
Speaker 2: You want to win games and do big things with legends like that, Guys who put in more work and more.
Speaker 3: Time than Mike McCarthy ever did. So.
Speaker 2: Rex Ryan went off on him on the ESPN. Damian Woody went off on him on ESPN. There are Clarence Hill of all the Al City Dallas says it was taken out of context.
Speaker 3: Jane Slater says, Michael didn't mean it that way. That was what he said. Just how how's that out of contest where you don't mean what he said.
Speaker 5: This guy has put in more work than Mike McCarthy has ever done, not you know, since he's been a cowboy, then he's ever done. Which we're talking about a coach that's been to the to the Mountaintops, Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Champ Here's James Slader NFL media call me crazy, but I've listened to the Michael Parsons interview a few times. Michael will always say what's on his mind, and sometimes it's too much. But I don't think he meant the Mike thing the way it's being portrayed.
Speaker 3: I think he meant Martin's career.
Speaker 2: Like so many who are drafted and developed in Dallas haven't seen the success their work deserved after years with the Cowboys, But McCarthy, having only been here five years, can ultimately find another job next season and keep chasing trophies. Is it the right thing to say? Question Mark? Probably not. Did it help the situation?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Does he love Mike, no idea.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he was telling him to pack his bags to the media the way the Saints players recently did with Dennis Allen.
Speaker 3: See what I don't understand what that is. How you thought that.
Speaker 5: I don't care if you meant it, whatever the case may be, it is what you said. And you said that that one player has put more work in than Mike McCarthy has ever done.
Speaker 3: Like that, to me is extremely disrespectful. One. You're supposed to be one of the leaders of this team, and.
Speaker 5: He talked about in that interview being the light of this team and making sure, you know, keep everybody positive and all that other stuff. How can you say that in one sentence and then the other sentence throw gasoline onto an already smoldering fire, like this is not the first time you've said something that's people They maybe have taken it out of context, whatever the case may be. You're just putting more light on the fact that your team is struggling and that your coach is struggling.
Speaker 3: You know, these are conversations that it used to be.
Speaker 5: You know, when you're in the locker room. Stuff don't not everything needs to be out about in the media. These are these are conversations where you can sit down with Mike and have these issues brought up. Say man, hey, what can we do to get better on the defensi side of the ball? What can we do better to get on the offensive.
Speaker 3: Side of the ball.
Speaker 5: Have those conversations with your coach, not with the media. And this is just another instance of something and that's bringing added distractions for no reason. You talk about the McCarthy thing. We talked about the Dak pressnack not being in the top five thing, something. I know he's an outspoken young man and I get all that, but some things need to be held within house. This is something that he could have easily he got the cachet. He's one of the star players. He could have easily went up to MacArthur, went into his office and said, hey, man, what's the deal.
Speaker 3: How can we get better, you know, But he didn't. He decided to go out there and say that after a game, and to me, it's just it's confusing. It's confusing. But it's a new day and age.
Speaker 5: But I do feel like what he said was extremely disrespectful to Mike.
Speaker 4: Jump in here, man, this sucks. This absolutely is hard. Part of it, all of it, all of it. It's the it's the interpreting what he said, whether it was throwing Mike under the bus or not. Was it his answer or was he trying to basically say that Zach Martin is a hell of a player that has sacrificed everything here in Dallas, and Mike's gonna go somewhere else, continue to chase greatness. And he hadn't put in the same he hadn't logged the same hours that Zach did. That's what's left for interpretation. But what it sounds like when it comes off black like, even when you add the context of the question to it, it sounds like he's throwing his coach under the bus. It sounds like he has no regard for Mike when he even when he says Mike can go coach somewhere else.
Speaker 3: You know, people got all the way Mike can go coach. But Mike is coaching right here, right now.
Speaker 4: That's what he's doing right now, and right now our defense is getting killed right now. Our office looks dysfunctional. And I don't know, I don't know. I look around the league and I say, damn, the Cowboys are not the worst team in the league. There are teams that are far off worse.
Speaker 3: Than we are.
Speaker 4: Right But every little thing gets blown up to be this big ass story about what Michael said about this, and that we getting what right now, and all we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Is whether Mike McCarthy is put in more work.
Speaker 4: We all know that Mike McCarthy's a Super Bowl winning coach. We know Mike doesn't put in his time. Dog he's asked the question.
Speaker 2: I mean Jorry Epstein, Yahoo's Sports, who used to work here in town the dust when she asked the question, and then that's what he did. And I said to you, and I was telling Jesse, it's like you brought a log to a fire. The seat for Mike is burning hot. And when you say that you threw a log on there that you didn't need to. When you say what you said, no matter how you meant it, because words have different meanings as much. And this is a player who is praised Dan Quinn at high levels.
Speaker 3: So you think there's okay, we know his love for un.
Speaker 2: When you go and you do it like that, you're leaving it for interpretation, and you're leaving it up there that you don't have that kind of respect for the coach. And you can say however you meant it. But once again, you brought a log to a fire that you didn't have to. It was already hot. Hey, you know I can't speak for my I'm worried about Zach Boom. I'm worried about Zach Man. You got too many guys in here. I you you didn't have to say that he didn't work as hard or do anything as Zach did. I think we all can venture and say everybody is trying to do the best they can. Coaches, players try to do the best they can. You may not like the results, but I don't think the man is not.
Speaker 3: Here working, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's trying to. You know, Zach Martin is a player, and yes, players do put him more sweat equit. You know, they put in their sweat they put their bodies in there. But you know, anybody, it's funny how many guys I know who got into coaching got out too much time.
Speaker 3: I want to do this. I want to like the hours are crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember one of my budds, he was just coaching in college, and he would tell me that, hey, man, I don't know what's going on in the world. I would literally have to tell him about who he's like, who won the Grammys, what's the.
Speaker 3: Hit song right now?
Speaker 2: He didn't know anything about politics because he was so locked into doing football six days a week and had half of a seventh day off And this is just college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was just a GA.
Speaker 2: Can imagine being a head coach and so they live in this bubble. You don't win a Super Bowl like Mike McCarthy has and do what he's done here three straight, three straight, twelve and five seasons before the season, you know, only Andy Reid had a better you know, had a better regular season mark than Mike. You're not doing that if you don't put in some equity. But Micah left it for interpretation, and he says he'll address it on his podcast. He feels like it was taking out of context and so. But yeah, when you have a podcast and you know you have people going to want to talk to you, you know after games, your words are going to have more meaning. Words coming from Michael Parsons are going to count a lot more than words that are going to come from Donovan Wilson.
Speaker 4: What's sad is what's sad is is that Micah is a very young man, very intelligent as well, and I just don't think maybe with maturity he'll be able to answer questions like that and not leave anything up for question. And I think with experience he'll get there and understand that everything I say is it could be misconstrued. And I got to be better at answering these questions. I don't know about you. I don't ever remember any Barry Church controversial quotes, but I'm sure you probably wouldn't the person to talk to that.
Speaker 3: You know, we're the mic.
Speaker 5: It was so I had, even when I had time to think about what I was going to say and think about the interview, you know what my words might mean. So I was nowhere near the level as far as Michael Parsons. After every single game, somebody is in his face with the mic. But I just to me, I don't understand how did that make anything better?
Speaker 3: And that he started good? He did, and then it just went Do.
Speaker 4: You have been in the argument with somebody? You just keep on adding more to it and you should just walk away. It'd be better to shut up, just keep going.
Speaker 5: And it's like, I don't know how that thinks, because now you got multiple players taking shot.
Speaker 3: I said that, Mike, like, how do you are you gonna go home.
Speaker 4: Practice without without the without those shots? Without what Michael said, I think today Mike would have had equally the amount. I mean, that just adds, Like you said, throws the log on, But that just adds to it.
Speaker 2: Fires already burning. Man, what you said added a log to it. And now you've brought yourself into it. And and and of course we now know what happens because Mike, Mike's talking today.
Speaker 3: You know we're gonna bring it up. Talk to him. Did you hear it? What do you think? How does it make you feel? That's that's there?
Speaker 2: And I know McCarthy will say, hey, look, I'm not worried about my job.
Speaker 3: This comes with you know, this is a part of it.
Speaker 2: He'll he'll say, all the correct things, and I'll be interested to hear what michaelh has to say in his podcast. And maybe he didn't mean to have it go a certain way because words you have different meanings.
Speaker 3: But right now, what your words did.
Speaker 2: Was allow ESPN to go ahead and make a whole cowboy segment on this whole cowboys segment and social media that you have to respond to this when there is a way when you are a high profile player like him, and you're doing podcasting now, so you have to have media training and stuff like that where you have to know, hey, man, they're going to try to draw you off side. It's the same thing that Dak Prescott goes through every week. Tom Brady I used to tell people when I covered Tray he was the worst time by because we never got anything out of him. At some point in time, maybe that's the best thing they might about to be so boring or you know what, I just tell people.
Speaker 5: You really want the reporters go away, won't leave you long. Start quoting the Bible.
Speaker 3: Go do that? Go do that? People? Oh on, moving on on that. Then we here so so.
Speaker 2: That that that extra Micah gave Jeory you need to give her.
Speaker 3: And so now you're going to have to answer for it. And this is this is the sinking ship that it is now.
Speaker 5: I mean it's out open now, like the team meeting room like it's it's going to be extremely awkward now because as players is, we we talked amongst each other and you know we but we don't put it out there.
Speaker 3: Now everybody knows.
Speaker 6: What it is.
Speaker 5: And then you know Mike won't walk in. All right, fellas, let's bring it together. We got this, that and the third Now you're gonna have that's gonna go. That message is gonna go in one ear and out to the other something because you lose it.
Speaker 3: So they just like at least coaches already on one year deals starts.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of guys on this roster on one year.
Speaker 2: Look, Mike McCarthy could very well go get a third job. We have seen people in the NFL get the way Phillips had a third job, had a third job. I mean there's there're guys who will get a third job, and having won a super Bowl, that could very well happen.
Speaker 5: But many of these assistant coaches who knows where they'll be. You're Al Harris, who knows where al Harris is next year.
Speaker 2: You know that that's that's stuff is out there and they've they've got families and it's it's one of those where Mike is a leader and these are things that you carry and your word, your words do carry away. Words matter from certain people.
Speaker 3: That it just does.
Speaker 2: Eric Kendrick says, this man probably not taking it as seriously. This is Michael Parsons. Michael Parsons is a very good players. We saw this impact yesterday in the football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. He's nice.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: We gotta take our last break here, man, or do we already take our last Let's do it.
Speaker 3: We gotta get here, Let's do it. Let's do it. Uh, this is uh Dallas Cabacon.
Speaker 6: Hey, Danny mccraige here for smoothie King. You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, So treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track, scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today, yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season. The distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 11: Raisin Caines presents the other Rules of Football. Rule one, Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 3: Rule twelve, no crinkle.
Speaker 11: Cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an ill legal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Kames when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules raising Canees Chicken Fingers One love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 4: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Days presented by seat Geek on Sunday, November seventeenth from eleven am to six pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit attstadium dot com, Slash Rally Days and get your tickets today.
Speaker 2: All right, Barry Church, let's end this here and put this on you. What is a week like this now? For the players? It's a three and six football team.
Speaker 5: It's tough, man, Because I was a part of that twenty fifteen team in Dallas when we lost four straight home games. You know, you knew this season was kind of done because Romo had gotten hurt. We were down to matt Castle and I think brand Brandon Wheaton, Killer Moore was in there at times. And it gets hard, man, I ain't. It gets hard to get up every morning, like man, I gotta go to practice and you try to put on that faith enthusiasm like, yeah, let's go, man, we're gonna get this, you know, scout team, Yeah, we got a good day of practice. But in the back of your mine, you know, man, if we don't play a perfect game, if we don't play you know, no penalties, no turnovers, we take the ball over.
Speaker 3: That's the only way we got a chance to win. Man.
Speaker 5: It makes it extremely hard, you know, to basically go out there and show fight week in and week out, knowing nine times out of ten you're gonna take this l and right now, that's kind of where the Cowboys are. You know, defensively, they played a little bit better these past two weeks, but nowhere near good enough to overcome the issues that they have offensively.
Speaker 3: So it's tough.
Speaker 5: Man, it's gonna be tough for these for these boys to these last couple of weeks to he got some abuse, man.
Speaker 3: All right, well there we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just being real, man, just being real.
Speaker 2: Thank you heck Man, thank you very Church, thank you, we Struggs, thanks to Jazz, Chris Gosh, everyone who's been a part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll do it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.