Speaker 1: Hey, they're Fanerrito's.
Speaker 2: Welcome to part two of our interview with my big brother, Darren Barber. Just when you thought you couldn't possibly hear any more embarrassing stories from my childhood, Oh there's more for part two of Growing Up Barber. Here's Darren. What other stories do you remember from our childhood? Like, there's there's so many, but what are the highlights? You know? Like I was dad's favorite, you were mom's favorite, so you know, oh oh yeah, okay, how it just I don't know what happened to Justin and all of that.
Speaker 3: Well middle child again, it doesn't even doesn't matter, doesn't even exist. So how how now we've heard about how you know your dad favored you? How was Darren your mom's favorite?
Speaker 4: Well? I think because I was the first born. I think because it took them many years to conceive. This was before in vitro, and they had to go through a whole bunch of you know, experimental stuff to try to even see if they could conceive. So I think that had a lot to do with it in terms of that my mom and I were similar in many ways that Andrea mentioned earlier, and so I think that that probably contributed greatly to it in terms of and a lot of the first as a parent you'll experience with the oldest child, you know, just by definition and stuff. And then in all candor, and I don't know if Andrew has ever shared this on the podcast, but after I was born and then my brother was born, that was it. You know, it was so difficult for them to get pregnant it you know that that was going to be the end of it. So Andrea was more of an oops like, oh we're pregnant again, right, oh okay, wow, So that was I was s talk to everybody in a good way, but you were the special one. Yeah. I definitely was was mom's mom's favorite. I think largely because I was the firstborn and went through all of her first as a parent in that way and most of the things that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. We'd have you know, as far as the home dynamics go, my dad he liked to when Andrew was really young, probably like four or five, you know, he would he would yell out, save the fair maiden, and he would grab Andrea's ankle or her wrist or something and my brother and I would have to wrestle with my dad to break her free right any way possible. So we're all rolling around on the floor trying to tickle Dad or distract him or probably like one digit, you know, from his hand off her at a time, and you know, if she got away, he would like lunch and grab her again. And it became this big game. And I think that game probably went off on off and on for probably two years. But I distinctly remember the time when she was she was either seven or eight, and my dad's like save the fair Maiden, and he grabs her and Essin and I looked at each other and went nah, and we just walked out, and it was like that was the end of Save the Fair Maiden. Never played it again, happened, that was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were like fair Maiden, Sure, yeah, done.
Speaker 2: Do you remember I would stand in a doorway with my arms out, I say, you can't pass the Queen. Oh my god, that works like twice, and then finally at one point you were just.
Speaker 1: Like you just picked me up and put me yes the Queen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, that was I forgot about you can't pass. It was so annoying. I'm like, yeah, I can't, like on twice her side, Why am I letting this happen? You know, I mean the size of Queen Elizabeth. The second I'm like, I don't know why. I'm thinking you have any way to stop me from going through this? Oh yeah, I forgot about that. There was also the the part you know that, like I said, the teenage years that we all go through that are awkward and rebellious at times. And there was a stage in which Andrea wasn't doing her laundry and just letting things pile up. So of course my mom is making sure things are cleaned and clothed or whatever, and eventually Andrea kind of did it. But you know, doing laundry was she would just like leave it in the washer and the dryer. So now that's the easiest part of doing that now, right, So we've got the you know, the dew and the mold coming in the in the washer and then her clothes in the dryer. Yeah, and so she would go to the dryer to get the clothes, but only what she needed to wear that day and just leave the rest of it in the dryer, which completely breaks down the whole system. Okay, and if you can imagine, knowing my dad, he literally built a closet that had doors on both sides. So there's a door doors on the side of their bedroom, doors on the side of the laundry room, and the cabinet or dresser you know that holds the clothing. The drawers would swing into each room, so he could literally do laundry, put it in the drawer, and then when he was in his bedrooms.
Speaker 1: So why did he not patent this? Why did this?
Speaker 3: I would buy it now they could be selling it at Ikia. The d Barbs closet system, that's.
Speaker 4: What we should call it. So Andrew would completely block the whole system by leaving her clothing in the dryer, so none of us could do.
Speaker 3: Laundry drawer sliding back and forth. Great design can't be used because of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So my mom finally got fed up in a rare mom of annoyance with my sister by her, and she took all of her clothes out of the dryer and put it into a trash bag and kept it. And so Andrea goes to the dryer and it's empty, and it's like, oh, where are my clothes, and Mom's like, I have them in a bag and say, okay, I need them. You can buy it for a dollar. Andrew, I'm not doing that. She's like, well, you're clogging up the system. I'm holding your clothes hostage until you you can purchase them. Oh. So she storms off or whatever, and that lasted, I don't know, maybe fifteen minutes, and Andrey just walks into the room. She takes out a dollar bill and hands it to my mother. Can I have my clothes? Yeah? My mom hands with the bag of clothes. Andrea takes them and goes off and gets dressed and does whatever she needs to do the next day, Jodie. The next day, Andrea needs clothing again and she can't find whatever outfit she wants, so she literally just walks up to my mom, hands are a dollar, doesn't say one word, and my mom looks at it and takes it, and she says, what's this for. And Andrew's like, I need this outfit, blah blah blah, and my mom goes, oh, it's in the same bag, and then just pocketed the dollar and walked off. So Andrea paid for something she'd already paid for that she had in her room.
Speaker 2: She the bag.
Speaker 3: Oh that happens all the time with kids.
Speaker 1: I think it's a it's some sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Their eyeballs don't work somewhere between middle and high school. They just can't actually see things one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely paying for it now because both Tate and Felicity clog up the dryer and yeah, they'll just go remove the one sweater that they're wearing.
Speaker 1: For the day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is it, this is paramase me.
Speaker 3: They am also a laundry forget person. I like my and poor Mescal lives in a house with three people who will start two loads of laundry and then they will die there days and forget. I didn't can't even remember I started laundry, like it didn't even happen.
Speaker 1: And then he'll go to do laundry and be like and.
Speaker 3: Go to move the washer stuff into the dryer, but he can't because the dryer is also.
Speaker 1: Full, and he's just like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: So I relate, although I am forty two and should really get my act together, But anyway, tons of.
Speaker 1: Time, tons of time, you had tons of time and don't.
Speaker 4: At the very end, someone will dress you.
Speaker 1: That's the way it works right now.
Speaker 3: Was there, like, was was there a lot of systems in the barber house?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Was there did things run along pretty smoothly? Because I know it sounds like there was a laundry system. Sounds like your dad had, you know, these these bi directional drawers and this genius closet system. We know that organization runs in the Barber family. Were there a lot of systems growing up?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Was that something that was always present?
Speaker 4: I would say so. My mom was really good about organizing stuff. We even had a little small clause and I know it was probably six feet by three feet or four feet, but it was called the Etcetera Room, and it just had all the extra things and stuff, so all the clutter could be in just one room. We had a junk drawer which would have scissors and tape and other same kind of stuff. The system for the thermostat was don't touch it, and if he did it, who touched the thermostat? So we weren't allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: Dad could Dad had radar, like he could be on the other end of the house and he could detect if we had moved to the thermostat. One degree. You'd be walking down the hall, you know, who would touched the thermostat? I had to be at sixty eight, sixty eight all the time. Sixty eight that's cold, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, it was. It was, you know, and so there was there were systems and stuff, but not everybody adhered to the systems and things. I can remember, you know, my dad as now you know I have those jeans. He likes to eat cookies late at night and stuff. So we'd have like a package of oreos and you know, I eat, I'd eat some for dessert, and then he would eat some late at night. And the thing with oreos is they get stale if you leave them out, and so I would usually put them in a gallon, you know, ziplock bag, and as part of the system, I would push the air out of it before I would zip it. So my dad, in order to torment me, would make sure to blow air into the bag so it was like a balloon when he'd zip it up. And I'd find it the next day and I'm like, well, you know, like that's for touching the thermostat. And I'm like, Dad, wasn't me? That was Andrea and Andrea wouldn't do that. I'm like, oh my, like so yeah, we we did. We did have something. We did have to have systems with respect to like homework and how things were going to get coordinated because Mom was on the freeway probably days a week driving peopled auditions, and that necessitated either who's going to be home or how are you going to get a ride home from sport or different things like that during the times we overlapped in the years of days of our lives and commercial shoots and things you were doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I was going to ask you are the originator of the funeral file? Correct, yes, because this is one of my favorite things and I think it is absolutely brilliant and can you please We've talked about it on the showcase.
Speaker 1: I have one future. I have a funeral file for Jody and one for Canvas.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that started with you, Darren.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I think it's a great idea. I think everyone should do it. It's like, just it's the best, but please let.
Speaker 4: Us see in funeral Files copyright Darren W. Barber, twenty five. It was it was born out of just being held hostage by the family in as I got older, the death of our maternal grandmother was a big deal in the family. And I was at an age or i'd finished law school. I had been a school teacher for a period of time, so a lot of public speaking and different things, and so everyone decided I should give the eulogy. And I didn't really want to do that, and so they were like, no, no, no, you're you're really funny and stuff, and I'm like, yeah, this isn't the prerequisite to giving the eulogy. You know, it's it's usually a black shirt and a white collar or anything, but being funny. I mean, you want some humorous antecdotes in talking about someone's life. But I didn't really feel like it was, you know, my role to play. And I lost that argument with everybody in the family, and they said, all right, you're giving the eulogy for your grandmother, and I said, okay, So then you're struggling to come up with, Okay, what am I going to say about her? I mean, I can get her life history, but you want to sprinkle it with a little bit of humor. And so I did that. I put it together and I don't know if Andrew's even shared this with you, but my parents decided for the actual ceremony or whatever, we didn't go to a church. We went to a restaurant to have this function. But my dad, being as frugal as he is, he only rented out half the restaurant.
Speaker 1: I assume the viewing was somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, that wasn't I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It was at a seafood restaurant. Oh well, the salad bar came in handy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you like some pepper with that?
Speaker 1: Are one thing out of the way, yeah, Ice is already there. Yeah, so it was.
Speaker 4: It was just like a collision course of like, oh no, you rented out half the restaurant. And so, come to find out, as I get up to speak, I realize a minute into this thing, somebody is walking by me to go to the bathroom, because we are in the half of the restaurant that have the restrooms. So now people fantastic walking through the eulogy to get to the restroom, or they're just turning around and deciding to hold it. I mean, it was it was a nightmare, right.
Speaker 1: This is amazing, This is such a such a great lea up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so then I'm doing improv and I'm like, no, no, just come on through, you know.
Speaker 1: It's like and then I'm doing a tight ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly. I'm like, okay. So I got through it, and after it was over, you know, I was venting to the family and I like, all right, never again. This was too much stress. This was horrific, I said, And now I'm starting funeral files on all of you. And like, what do you mean? I said, I'm going to start a file and I'm going to have stuff in there that happens, and when something goes on in your life that I think is funny, it's going in that file. So when I get asked to do your eulogy, I'm just breaking out the funeral file and going, all right, which one of these am I going to use to talk about you in a way that's.
Speaker 3: Prepared, presumptuous that you think you would be doing everyone's eulogy.
Speaker 1: But I you know, I appreciate the enthusiasm. It's actually brilliant.
Speaker 3: Now it is amazing, And I seriously I love this idea because it's true. When you're in the middle of, like dealing with losing someone, it sometimes it can be hard, very hard to be funny. And it can be hard to like remember specific things, and I think it's great.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, odds are I will have a time where I outlive my father. I mean, my sister's probably gonna beat me. She's younger and she's a woman. But I'm just gonna give it.
Speaker 1: To the queen.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So because my son will thoroughly enjoy giving her eulogy and the stuff that I will, I will leave him.
Speaker 1: So get down. We'll be great at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll be fantastic. But from my dad, I mean, just by way of example, I already know how I'm going to open with my dad because there was a time that he and my mom were running late to the funeral of a friend of theirs, and they got there right after the service had started, and they walked in and, you know, embarrassingly kind of scoot in and sit down and kind of give a few head nods to the two or three faces they recognize. And about five to seven minutes into it, they realize they're at the wrong funeral and they don't know the decedent. There's just a couple of local people from the town they know in the church with them. So when they got up to have the first hymn that was being sung. They quickly exited, got in their car and went to the other church and were even later to the funeral of the person and who they were supposed to be honoring.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like that would have been a graaty.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we had another funeral to hit before we came, you know what I mean, Like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Look at our age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just back to back, you know.
Speaker 4: So I will literally open with you know, we're here to honor Don Barber and in his memory, I'm going to share this story, and after I do, I'll say, if any of you are in the wrong, you know, church, I'm gonna allow you to get up now in honor of my father and leave and get to the correct funeral. So we perfect. We have that one locked and loaded to open with. And amazing, Don's got a wealthy material. I may run a full hour set on that and maybe Netflix will pick it up.
Speaker 1: I'm here for the movie. I'm ready for the documentary.
Speaker 3: I'm this is Yeah, I can't imagine what's in Don Barber's It'll.
Speaker 4: Be Don Barber by directional doors and drawers and other stories.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly right, you know.
Speaker 4: I like the way that you phrased that. So I think I'm gonna I'm gonna go opted.
Speaker 2: I think it's safe to say that Dad has the longest funeral file of all of any of the files that you've kept.
Speaker 1: Like he is a daily there.
Speaker 3: There there are some pretty epic stories of like things where you're like, what happened.
Speaker 4: He's like, you know, we went and saw that movie paint Face, And I'm like what. He's like, paint Face. I'm like, you mean Braveheart? Yeah? It what best picture? Like how do you not know that name? But it's it a height of popularity, you know. And he's like, let's go see missus double fire. Missus is it? Is it too?
Speaker 3: Dad?
Speaker 4: It's missus doubt fire? Like, holy crap. You you're a lawyer, right.
Speaker 3: You use words for a living, and you yeah, it is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've written down all the mispronunciations of movies and other things. Yeah, to keep to keep it going.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: He is a wealth of material.
Speaker 1: He's close enough that you know what he's saying. But he's completely right. You're like, I know where you're going with this, but also wow, and.
Speaker 4: Half the time he'll try to die on that hill, like, he's right.
Speaker 1: The original script said double fire on it.
Speaker 4: I saw it right a hundred Yeah, it was the working title, you guys. You guys just weren't in the no I was on the lot wandering around. I got ahold of one of the scripts, and yeah, it was the working title.
Speaker 2: I love it, Darren. Today, Jody and I are recapping the infamous Telethon episode.
Speaker 1: Which you were. You were in it.
Speaker 2: You got more screen time than I did in this episode.
Speaker 4: My talent finally recognized, right, But you.
Speaker 2: Didn't know you were going to be on camera. So what tell us this story? You know, you were just coming to see me for a Friday night take and they.
Speaker 1: Were like, put that kid in the picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, classic elements to it. So obviously the Friday Night ABC lineup was a juggernaut. It had picked up steam. I at that point had been in college for four years and I had some really good friends I had made there, and there were four guys that I bonded with that so the five of us lived together three of my four years, my sophomore, junior, and senior year we all lived. We all lived together. So inevitably they figure out and find out that Andrea is on Full House and it's becoming more popular, and I'm getting peppered with let's go see a show. Can we go see a show? Can we see a taping? And I'm like, yeah, but you know, it's not really what you think it is. No, it's gonna be it's like a half hour to be hilarious. I'm like, no, it's like six hours. And it's not how it works. You're gonna be uncomfortable, like you're in chairs and got a stret I'm trying and explain to him it's not like all glitz and glamour. But they were. They were hammering me on it and wanted to go see it. And so I finally said, all right, I will take you up there and we'll go see it. And I worked it out with Andrea's manager and by that I mean Dawn to figure out one would be a good time to go. And thankfully you guys had Friday night tapings because I went to school at you see San Diego, so it's going to be a little bit of a trek to get up there to the studio.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 4: We got tickets for the show, and so I told everyone, all right, we're going to go see the show and stuff, and UCSD is a intellectual school and not really known for partying. And I lived with a group of smart gentlemen, but the smartest of all of us, and the guy with the photographic memory said, nah, I'm not going to go. I got to study for a test on Monday. On Monday. I'm like, you have all weekend and you're the smartest dude in the house and you have a photographic memory, and he's like, no, I just don't think so, and his girlfriend's like, we should go. We should go because I invited her. They'd been together for about five or six years because they started in high school together. And he's just he says no. So that's an important component to the story. So the other three guys, myself and my girlfriend at the time, we all go up to the full house studio. We get ushered in, you know, through mom and dad, and we have to sign some paperwork. I just assumed it was because we were getting preferential treatment. At this point. I don't realize they're going to use the audience in the show, and neither do my roommates. So we all sit down in the front row, front and center and then somebody comes out and explains it's a telethon episode and they need to use the audience as telethon but you know telethon people, and so we're going to be on TV and that's why we had to sign all the waivers. Oh it dawns. So we're front and center, you know, and of course my roommates are super excited about this. It's very you know, they're they're very, very pumped up. And so we're sitting there and the show's being shot and and you know, you got to see, you know, how I clapped and was very rhythmic and doing the good job to your dancing, and.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. It kept me on track.
Speaker 4: Absolutely want to make sure we're helping the talent and stuff, and about I don't know, I would say twenty minutes into the episode, they ask us all the switch seats because it's a twenty four hour telethon and no one would sit there for twenty four hours, and it makes total sense. So they put us in the second row, right behind the first row we were sitting in, and I'm like, you don't think you never now recognize the fact that the same five people are now sitting right behind where they were before.
Speaker 3: We replaced Grandma three times in the first two seasons.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, please, that's not a through line. Is not something that we worry about on this show. Yeah, yeah, now they yeah to switch a shirt, throw a baseball hat on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, who's that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right? So yeah, kind of like when Carrie Brady on Days of Our Lives was nine years old and stormed up to her room and two weeks later came down as a fourteen year old and a different actress, and Andrea Barber was unemployed. So you're really mad and aged in two weeks, didn't you. Ye. So yeah, it was a lot of fun. I mean, I had a good time. It was a lot of fun obviously for our roommates and stuff. And they're very excited when we're driving back to San Diego. So we get back and so shout out to Chuck, Bruce and Dave that went with me. And so we go home and tell Patrick they're like, bad, we're gonna be on television and he's just like shut up, like no, We're on TV, And like seriously, he's like I'm not buying it. Whatever, and he's like no, So they explained to him what happened. And Pat's girlfriend, Laurie, who's the better half of the two of them, as much as I love Pat, literally just kind of hits am. I knew he could have gone. I can't believe it. So to this day, we are always on those reruns and Pat gets reminded of it whenever I imagine Lori sees it on television or has one of her kids or nieces or nephews look at it, and I find it hilarious. You know, it's very funny. So and even now, what thirty years later or whatever, thirty five years later, there will be people that you know that I do know I should say that. But I was watching an episode of Full House. I think I saw you on it, and I'm like, oh man, that thing lives on I can't believe it. So that's how the story came about. It was total dumb luck, and it was literally the only episode of Full House I saw taped in the entire run.
Speaker 3: I feel like you were set up by your parents down it was Dawn.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was.
Speaker 3: Don Barber, and I feel like somehow he negotiated that you were supposed to be paid for it, but you never wore.
Speaker 4: Probably not, And yeah, it's another good theory. I don't even think you're wearing a tin foil hat. I think it probably had ben't lots of secret that I didn't even consider to be quite honest, that you probably did manipulate that now that.
Speaker 1: You like, he was like, you know what, yeah.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: The best part is that it's now like a meme because you're you're shown in the audience mostly during Jodie's dance to the B fifty two's love Shack and that that is just.
Speaker 1: Well the cover band, let's be fair.
Speaker 2: Yes, I listened to it and I was like, oh, such an iconic dance, and it's all over Instagram and TikTok and everywhere. And so when you when that goes viral, Darren inadvertently is also going viral because you see him lap.
Speaker 3: It, yeah, doing that the amazing clapping that you were doing that has been recorded for all time.
Speaker 4: Andreas sent me the link to it being in on I G and I thought it was a story or something. Everywhere went off. It's literally a mean.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's everywhere. It's a clip it's a me. It's like, it's all over the place. It's just it's just you. It's just your head clapping.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it's all over the internet. It's gone.
Speaker 3: That's but yeah, but no, but it definitely yeah, there's when you see the little clip, there's definitely.
Speaker 4: The row.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But just created that dance. She just I recreated.
Speaker 3: I recreated the Motown Philly dance. Adam recreated the telethon dance on the episode that I directed on Fuller House when he wore the blue leggings and the sweater and the hair, which was all kinds of amazing, iconic, so iconic.
Speaker 4: Absolutely well, I had no idea. It shows you how out of touch I am. I'm always I'll have to check my IG last time, I think I had over two hundred followers. You need to know, I've never posted anything so occasionally. I got it originally because my kids had it and I wanted to follow them and make sure everything was okay. And then I guess Finstow was created by the underground network of teenagers to avoid their parents following them.
Speaker 1: So I'm now and now Instagram is basically Facebook. It's no one, no one cool is on there exactly, which is why I'm still there.
Speaker 4: And that's the people in my you know, demographic tend to follow me and then they'll say, hey, am I not your friend? Or did you block me? I'm not really seeing anything, and I'm like, no, I've never posted. I told you that when you wanted to follow me. It's kind of my goal.
Speaker 1: To never I was taking it very personally there and I was like, wow, I.
Speaker 3: Guess I'm not even gonna ohst anything or talk to me.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just everybody. It's just everybody. You just don't care.
Speaker 4: I want to see how many followers I can get with doing nothing, honestly.
Speaker 3: I mean you know what, I'd say A good fifty percent of those are just from your clapping alone. So yeah, yeah yeah, and then the and then the other half are Farley fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: I was in the audience at a telethon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like shocked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the underground Farley audience is huge.
Speaker 2: I know, I know we have to wrap this up soon, but I have to talk about one of my favorite stories and how everything comes full circle, right, everything comes full circle. So I was the famous sibling growing up, you know, getting the success and the the kudos or whatever, the recognition when we were out and everything. But when I left acting for twenty years, I wasn't doing anything. So the tables had turned because Darren then became very successful, first as an elementary school teacher, as a first or second grade teacher, just like our mom was, and then as a very successful special ed attorney for the school district. And he's also like on the school board, like, you just do everything. You have more jobs than anybody I know.
Speaker 1: You're so good at them. Runs in the Barber family. You guys just yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And so now now when I go out in either the town we grew up in or any of the surrounding towns within like a thirty mile radius, now I get stopped and people say.
Speaker 1: I know you.
Speaker 2: You're Darren Barber's sister, and I'm like, okay, tables have turned to now I'm the one known as Darren Barber's sister. And he's like the mayor of everywhere he goes because everybody loves him and he's so funny and so charming and yeah, it's just it's my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: And I always text him I'm like it happened again.
Speaker 2: Like I was on a jurty a jury for a murder trial several years ago down in Orange County, and the bailiff stopped me before entering the courtroom and he was just like I know you. And I'm like, yeah, yeah, it's fine. I'm trying to, like, you know, I'm trying to keep it on the down low here, right, And he's just like, no, your brother came to my elementary school and read for rid across America. And I'm like, yeah, I was there too, dude, and he's just like no, but it was Darren, Darren Barber.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, it's official.
Speaker 2: Now Darren is now the more famous sibling of the True family.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have two hundred and fifty followers on Instagram in no time.
Speaker 4: That was a great moment because you were running late to get to court and the bailiff stopped you and he tells you, no, no, I was a student in his class. You're like, oh, hey, She's like he came to the school and my kids at that school now and You're like, yeah, I read there too, Like I was there with him last week. And anyway, yeah, we're all talking about it in the where the bailiff room or whatever. And Andrew goes, why are they talking about it? And I'm like, I don't know, and she goes the bailiff was like, oh yeah, I've got Kimi Gibbler and in my in my courtroom, and the other bailiff's like, I can one up that her brother was my schools teacher.
Speaker 1: There you go, Toche.
Speaker 4: Those those moments are funny because they happen few and far between, but when they do happen, they are they are very entertaining, and it's I think it's it's funny for both of us in many ways.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 3: You have been entertaining, Darren, and I so loved like having you on the podcast, hearing all of these fun stories about Andrey and her gigantic ego. I always suspected it, but I am glad that there's confirmation.
Speaker 1: Uh, it was.
Speaker 3: So much fun to to have you on the show and and like and to hear all about like your all of you guys in the business and growing up and you know what it's like to grow up with with the queen here. So it was we just really appreciate you coming on the show. It was super fun. Yeah, I appreciate coming. I don't know how your sister feels, but.
Speaker 2: No, and I was going to say Darren and I could around a lot, but for as much as we fought when we were sharing that bathroom back when I was in high school and you were in law school, I'm just really proud that you're my brother and we are closer than ever now. We live like six minutes apart now, and so yeah, I'm just I'm really proud of you. And every time I do get recognized as your sister when I'm out and about, I just have the biggest sprint on my face because I'm so proud of you and how hard you worked and just you're an awesome brother and I love you all well, thank you.
Speaker 4: No, I appreciate that. I would say it's funny, because yeah, we did fight a lot during those those years, her teenage years in my early twenties, But it's funny how close we've gotten now over the years, and it, you know, both when we get together in person or on the text threads that we have going, it's awesome. And the humor that you see here on the podcast and elsewhere is something that just emanates in real life for Andrey as well, and I congratulate both of you on your success. You both are immensely talented and deserve everything that you have have received for this, and I'm glad. I'm glad this podcast is a big, big success. There are It's funny. There are some younger attorneys that I deal with regularly on our side of the bar, and one of them knows Andrea's on Full House. Andrew was kind enough to spend an evening out years ago. I don't think she remembers us. We went to the improv to see Bob and was my wife and I, Andrey and her husband, and the other attorney and her husband. She still talks about it to this day. She's told a whole bunch of the other attorneys who won't ask me about it or or talk about it, but I'll hear about it later. They're like, oh, you know, everyone knows your sister's on Full House, but no one wants to ask you. And I'm like, good, I'm not going to bring it up. So they are all huge fans and they know about the podcast. So thank you to the two of you. Thank you to iHeart Heart Media, whatever, whatever it is going by all the names.
Speaker 1: That's going it's my heart Jensen today, right exactly.
Speaker 4: Yet you shout out to Maddie for all the jumping through hoops, for everything that that had to happen to make this all work with everybody.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate it. It was super fun to have you on. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: I you continued success.
Speaker 1: So Darren, you're awesome.
Speaker 2: Derek By, you can lug off anytime.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 1: Go be done. I'm done with you. Oh my god. That was so fun. That was really really fun.
Speaker 3: It's great to have you know, our families who are like our extended families, you know what I mean, Like it's I love having him on.
Speaker 1: It was really fun.
Speaker 3: That finishes up our interview with the great Darren Barber. I enjoyed so much having your brother on the show. This was so much fun, Aby, I loved hearing all of these stories.
Speaker 1: It was really's epic. Are you nervous about what he might say?
Speaker 2: I was mostly excited because he's just such a funny person and he's so charismatic.
Speaker 1: But I was a little bit nervous.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's he going to pull out that we haven't discussed yet that I have bat about in forty something years.
Speaker 1: So that's what siblings do. Yep well, yep well.
Speaker 3: Thank you fan Ritos for joining us for the part two of this fun interview.
Speaker 1: We loved having you along for the ride.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're following us on Instagram at Howard Podcast or sending us emails at Howard Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get your questions.
Speaker 3: We always like to do fan question episodes, so send us those in two and make sure you're liking it. Subscribe to the podcast whatever platform you're listening to it so you can get all the newest ones when they arrive.
Speaker 1: I couldn't say there for a second, when they.
Speaker 3: Arrive or drop or whatever the kids say now whatever they're saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But thank you guys for joining us and we will see you next time on how Red tan Rito's I Remember the world is small, the house is full, and you shall not pass the Queen.
Speaker 1: You can't pass the Queen. Pass the Queen. Can't pass the unless you're Darren Barber