Speaker 1: I am all in all It's you.
Speaker 2: I Am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am all in Podcast one eleven Productions, iHeartRadio, Heart Media, iHeart Podcasts, Season seven, Episode eleven, Santa Secret Stuff. I am joined by three quarters of my Intrepid Cruisers and French Daniel Romo and the One, the Only, and the Undeniable, Inevitable Amy, the Badass sugar Man. There's is. What did you think of the episode?
Speaker 3: I actually loved it. I really really liked it after last week.
Speaker 2: It was such a nice comeback and really, yeah, I really loved it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about you me? I like some of it and I not so much the other part of it. You know, I thought it achieved a kind of at points it almost got to sitcom sort of staging and level and feel not quite there. And I think Susanna Kate agrees with me because it jumped up and I think you can't want to say something.
Speaker 4: There in.
Speaker 1: But you know, overall, I thought it was pretty good, but it did have a little bit of a different feel to it.
Speaker 3: I have to think that through as we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this wasn't it this wasn't it. I mean, I thought I was on such a high from the last episode because it was so good. This is better than the first half of season seven. But it's not great, not great.
Speaker 1: You know. The whole time I just kept thinking, gosh, you know, you can really feel the absence of Amy and Dan.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, especially when they were walking through the mall. I thought, oh, this band t is kind of dumb. But in general I liked it, and for me, I just didn't care for the week before.
Speaker 1: But even though yes, I did enjoy it, even though it's Gilmore Girls, it's a reasonable fact simile of and anything even close to that is going to be enjoyable. Suzanne, I know you want to chime in.
Speaker 6: I love this episode ninety percent of it. There's one scene that is just beyond stupid and we'll get there.
Speaker 3: But I love I think.
Speaker 6: I thought it was a great episode. I really enjoyed it. And it's the first, like we're all the way in season seven and this is like the first true Christmas episode that we've had and it's.
Speaker 3: Not even Christmas.
Speaker 5: I was just that it's not even christ.
Speaker 6: The post Christmas Christmas episode, But yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: You know what it lacked. It lacked an edge, It lacked a bite to it. And Amy and Dan always give it that bite. There's always like an iconoclastic, sort of artistic bite, a sarcasm, an intelligence. It's it's you know, it's artie. I don't know how quite to say with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: Something edgy about it, and this didn't have.
Speaker 5: That agree And we totally glazed over Rory going to visit Logan for Christmas. He's been talking about.
Speaker 3: It, like Christopher and Leela are all fine.
Speaker 1: Again, right suddenly?
Speaker 3: Right, that was weird too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Gg's back from Paris, Like, I feel like a lot of stuff wasn't set up.
Speaker 3: But I mean to Paris for the summer and it's December.
Speaker 1: I actually thought I was watching the wrong episode. I thought, oh, I skipped ahead. All right, so let's do some synopsisizations Brought to you by Danielle Romo Studios for Moosa Beach, California.
Speaker 5: All right, this is season seven, episode eleven, Santa's Secret Stuff. Air date January twenty third, two thousand and seven. Lorlai, Rory, Christopher, and GG celebrate Christmas after actual Christmas. When Rory returns home from London, Luke asked Loralai to write a character reference for his custody battle while April can tinues. While April sneaks over to visit him, Zach and missus Kim prepare for the baby, but Lane is annoyed by all the attention.
Speaker 1: From her mom Suzan. Who's who's leading us today?
Speaker 4: Zan?
Speaker 3: You take it this week?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll drive the bus. So we start out at laurel Ize house. She's looking outside the window. She sees Rory drive up, and we find out that Rory has been in London. Now, the last episode, Logan had moved back to New York. So how they wound up back in London, I was a little unclear unless they both were just.
Speaker 3: Visy because that was the plan.
Speaker 2: She was always going to go for the just for December, remember, like early.
Speaker 6: But he moved back to New York. He was going to London to visit him.
Speaker 3: It's fair that was a little confusing, A great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the timeline of everything is so jumbled in this episode. That is a very good point. Everything is just weird.
Speaker 6: But I mean London at Christmas sounds like fun, So maybe they just went.
Speaker 3: For a vacation, yeah, or he still has his place there, whatever, who knows.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're prepping us for a storyline, and that diverges from what we a new narrative that she's seeing somebody in London.
Speaker 6: Oh, so we find out that it's actually after Christmas and Rory had a little bit of Christmas in London. Laura I did not have any Christmas at all. She managed to prevent it from snowing, and now they're going to celebrate Christmas together.
Speaker 3: It's a cute sort of bit. It's cute.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of Christmas, a lot of trees, a lot of lights, a lot of nice cheer inside that house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once they got the house decorated as really good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's fine, cool, funny, good bit, a little bit of weird jokes.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a little bit irritating when you know, did.
Speaker 2: You drive on the side of the road or whatever, and Christopher and Laura I were doing that bit that wasn't at all you know, it's a.
Speaker 1: Term I used. It got a little hallmarky, you know, you know what I'm saying, which is where you could really see that it had lost its edge overall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it got a little annoying, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's all good, all good though, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then because it's after Christmas, they were able to get Christmas trees for a dollar apiece, so they bought seven of them, took all the Christmas trees into the house. This made me laugh because I like Christmas trees and we had three of them last year, so I thought that was cute. And they're reminiscing about the decorations and the burned stockings, news stockings, new stocking. Yeah, Christopher was this where he sang? Because that really annoyed, Yes at all. Yes, Oh that was brutal, clearly looped. I just didn't I that could have been left out.
Speaker 1: Well, I said, you know, they're trying to show that this just doesn't work. It's not a perfect fit, you know. Yeah, with the new stockings and the terrible singing and those two together in their banter was almost like opposing him. It's like they they retreat into their band to a world which is wonderful to watch, right, but it's like he's on the outside going, you know, it's not a look kind of a response. Yeah, it's a Christopher feeling alienated. Kind of response, well, and.
Speaker 5: It's Christopher trying to fit in so hard and she's not working.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 6: I almost felt, Now I do not like Christopher, but I almost felt a little, tiny, tiny bit sorry for him on the stalking thing, because it seems like the stockings would have been like an easy way for them to kind of give him a win, Like they could have just dealt with getting rid of the burned up stockings and use Christopher's new stockings and just make him happy.
Speaker 1: But I think it's all part and parcel to him not being sensitive to their traditions that they've established that they cherish over the last you know, twenty right.
Speaker 5: But on the flip side of that, Scott like he's thinking of all four of them. He got a stalking for all four of them. Yeah, Rory and Lorlai are only thinking about their two stockings, right right right.
Speaker 1: You could also argue that he's only thinking about his own comfort, you know, instead of respecting their traditions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean, I don't know on him.
Speaker 2: I think he's getting him for the whole family and they all match and YadA YadA.
Speaker 1: But I just think he's he's asserting himself attempting to assert himself as sort of the boss now, and this is how I want thing. I want new stockings, and I'm just he's, like Danielle said, I think he's trying too hard. Yeah, maybe it's probably not bad intention obviously not bad intentions, but I.
Speaker 5: Got to get to him. He's at least trying to be a family. Like he's like, let's all get stockings together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but Li and Rory.
Speaker 5: Want nothing to do with Gigi and Chris when it comes to their traditions, which is kind of not cool.
Speaker 6: That's kind of how I feel too, given him that one, you know, like this to me felt different than when he was trying to clean out Rory's room or when he's going like, you know, get rid of all Laurelized furniture. Like they could have just let him have this one and kept their other traditions.
Speaker 1: I just think there's no match for the duo that is, you know, the Abbott Uncostello of television. Yeah, Laurel I and Rory. Yeah, it's like we are the world, so this is our world and you just existing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So after Christopher serenades us, we go to the Dragonfly and we see Luke at the Dragonfly, which we have not seen for a while, So that was that was an interesting change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was sort of like him and Michelle's.
Speaker 5: We all were Michelle in that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was sort of jarring but good and Michelle sort of leaning into it.
Speaker 3: I actually very much liked this scene.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in Michelle's line about let's just stand here and let the awkwardness wash over us, that was a good line. So he tells Laura that he's moving forward with the lawsuit for custody of April and he needs a character reference. Liz sent one in that was to you know, filled with childhood anecdotes that probably shouldn't see the light of day. So he was hoping that Laura I would write one for him. She says, yes, she'll do it. It was just when they shook hands, it made me my god. It was a nice moment like they were they were okay being in the same room, and it wasn't interpretational.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, good stuff, good stuff and a good a good narrative and clever way to get them back together and her thinking about the past and yeah, triggering her that that was a very clever device, I thought.
Speaker 6: But then once she agrees to do it, she can't actually do it. So we see her juggling strawberries, She's throwing pens.
Speaker 1: That was good stuff.
Speaker 6: That Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 6: And you know, because she knows what it means to lose, Like if she messes this up, it could affect his case, you know, getting there.
Speaker 5: I also think she's nervous to regurgitate her feelings towards him because she knows she actually loves him for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, complicated, And to borrow a phrase from Amy, I thought Lauren's face acting in this episode was extremely high level, you know, depicting all those feelings that she that were bubbling up for her.
Speaker 1: So yeah, excellent episode for her.
Speaker 6: So then we see Lane. I think was this the scene where she was waddling down the sidewalk not so that when they passed those extras and the woman took turned around and looked at her, that was the extra that we were trying to find, the one that was in Like also, that was her on the streets.
Speaker 5: On the Warner Brothers lot. They have not given her a better fake belly, you guys. I know it was a little anyway, it was so jarring to me, Like, is literally like the worst fake belly I've ever seen on TV in my entire life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a little, even for twins, it was a little overdone. And then she's walking with her feet like three feet apart, like to be waddling. I thought was just a tiny bit overdone. So we go into the diner. She's, you know, mad at the customers.
Speaker 3: Well over the top, but I got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's usually not quite that. She was a little abrasive, but I get it. She's at the end of her pregnancy. She is probably completely miserable. She's still on her feet all day, like she's just got to really be in pain. April comes in, Lucas surprised to see her because he knows that Anna is not letting her come over. And then we find out that she lied to her mom, and so Luke immediately was like his head and it was in his hands, like he knows if Anna finds out about this.
Speaker 2: It's trying to do the right thing, which I like, but he also wants to see her and he doesn't want to disappoint his kid.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing difficult situation for Luke to be And yeah, I think I think it was cute.
Speaker 6: Though, like they hadn't seen each other for a while. I thought it was a cute scene. She got off a Christmas present, so that was good.
Speaker 1: And it really it really illustrates how incredibly unfair this whole situation is to him, so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and to both of them, to her too. I mean they you know, they missed each other, and that affects April as well.
Speaker 1: So that's heartbreaking when when you have somebody that's being so combative and so yeah, distant that it's just heartbreaking.
Speaker 6: And at this point, like Anna's just being petty about the whole thing, like there's no reason to ask part other than her just you know, being a snot about it. So then we have like a christmas y Christmas scene. We go to Laurel's kitchen and they're making the popcorn garlands and this is where, yeah, a needle, Like let's get a three year old a needle. That's so bad.
Speaker 3: I was like what, And there's no way that kid can do that? So crazy. I was like, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: And Laurela is talking about the trouble she's having writing the character reference. Rory's trying to offer advice, trying to.
Speaker 1: Get her to write it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you do my homework for me, right, and then we hear Christopher come in Laura Laurela completely changes the subject and Rory's kind of like, what's going on there? Let's see. Oh, this is also the scene where we had the little monologue about monkey monkey underpants. That's a big fan favorite.
Speaker 1: So right, that's that was good. That was a good run of writing. That was terrific. I thought that was that was funny and acknowledging you know, she has bats in the belfry a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's a big bag of weird in there.
Speaker 1: That's a big.
Speaker 3: All good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when I was most I was very comfortable with her saying those things, and it made her character so much more. Well, she's appealing enough, but even more so because she's aware of this and she knows it, she's acknowledging it. It's kind of fun. That was a fun scene.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I enjoyed that. Then we go to Lane and Zach's apartment where missus Kim and Zach are reviewing the groceries.
Speaker 3: Like cut it was.
Speaker 6: It was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't it weird to see a scene that missus Kim isn't driving? And I thought it was less of a scene because missus Kim wasn't more involved or driving the scene. But it's you know, there's different rules.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I actually thought I actually was less irritated by all the baby stuff in this episode than previously. I thought, Okay, now Zach's got it together, right, which I kind of liked.
Speaker 6: He's not quite as much of a ding bat as he was where he didn't understand.
Speaker 1: So this is them coming out. This is not them coming out of Josie's yet, right, Yeah, correct, Okay, okay, because that I had an issue with that anyway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is where she he's massaging her feet and she's got the candy bar stuffed in the pillow, and then she gets really upset when she finds out that her drums have been put in the closet and she insists she had we have to have band practice because she can play. And I see where she's going with this, like she's already starting to miss her old life, so we can That's kind of leading into that scene where they're coming out of the market.
Speaker 1: But she's going into motherhood kicking and screaming. Didn't she some of us do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she had sex one time. She was trying to be an adult.
Speaker 6: Don't blame her.
Speaker 1: Then we go to and it's really fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stuff was amusing this episode.
Speaker 6: We go to Weston's because part of the whole Christmas thing is drinking the candy cane coffee, but now because it's after Christmas, they don't serve the coffee anymore. The waitress seems very confused as to what Laurlai is asking for. And then that's when Rory is like, Okay, why are you lying about the character reference? So what do we think about that? The fact that Lurlai doesn't tell Christopher about the character reference?
Speaker 1: I felt two ways that what other choice does she have given Christopher's sensitivity? Uh? And it also to me kind of displayed a lack of sophistication on Rory's part, not understanding the nuances of life at that point. So thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm just like same old dang Larelai like does this every time?
Speaker 3: Sort of redundant bit. I actually don't know that. I mind that she's writing the letter and not I don't even need. I don't know that I needed to call out, like you're not telling dad.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, does she tell him every single thing happening at the inn all day long? No, It's like I am sort of okay with it. He's asking her a favor, he's important from her past. I don't know, I'm sort of more annoyed we're bringing it up Cares.
Speaker 1: It's not like Christopher. It's not like ancient Rome, where you know, she's got to go to her king and get permission to write. Like it's like laurelized world, not Christopher's world. It's Laurelized world in her house.
Speaker 5: I think the only thing that was like annoying is when Christopher was coming home and they're at the dining room table and Gloraalai changed the topic and because she was talking about the letter, and then she was like, oh, the popcorn and the cranberries or whatever, right, you know, And then it's like, okay, now you're just hiding it.
Speaker 3: Just be yeah, but I said, I think.
Speaker 1: Laurel I knows the Christopher is a bit immature and not ready to handle that.
Speaker 7: Him exactly exactly, like because it's a crazy world out there and then you know, things have been very turbulent and she lost her you know, her a fiance and now she's married.
Speaker 5: To You can't tell your significant other, Gerald Rshall stuff, there's a problem.
Speaker 6: Well, I but I bought her explanation to Rory, which was, you know, she's already been arguing with Christopher. Christopher's already sensitive about Luke, right, and she doesn't even know about the fight in the town square yet. So I understand her point that she didn't want to just pile on to that, like she knew Christopher was going to react to that. So I get why she didn't tell him.
Speaker 1: Because they're kind of weirdly and all of a sudden getting along at the top of the episode, after going through so much garbage at the wedding prep and Christopher feeling like he has no say right, why make.
Speaker 3: This a thing?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? And so I agree with you, Scott.
Speaker 1: I think Laurel is just exhausted by it all, you know, dealing with this guy.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and I agree with you Scott that you know, Rory is intelligent enough she should have been able to kind of suss that out. I mean, I know she's been out of town because she's been in London, so she doesn't know about some of the stuff that's happened. But at the same time, she understands that there is going to be some tension there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, So I don't know, but Rory's kind of liked that anyways. Okay, So then we go to Luke's apartment and we see the mask that April made. Cute, qute, cute, that was cute. Luke's trying to reassure her about New Mexico. She's not buying it, yeah, And then she opens the gift that he got.
Speaker 2: They're still talking about swimming. That swimming just didn't disappear, just because after we had the bad date with the coach, Like that's still a thing.
Speaker 3: I like that, right, right.
Speaker 6: And so finds out that the Christmas gift he got her is a duplicate because she got one from her grandma. But she was cute. She's trying to be nice about it. She's like, well, all I can have two. And then so then we go to Lorelized house where she's laying on the bed and writing the letter and Chris is like being annoying about trying to figure out what she's doing and so she pretends she's like wrapping his Christmas gifts.
Speaker 3: That was sort of all the Yeah, he bugged me. I was glad.
Speaker 6: It was a short scene doing what he does best right exactly.
Speaker 1: And they portrayed him, you know, they have portrayed him as being somewhat likable in previous episodes.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, he just was overdoing it.
Speaker 1: I thought he reverted to the mean as they say, yes.
Speaker 6: So then we go, okay, this is the scene that I just thought was really dumb. Is the whole scene at Lane and Zach's apartment, so Brian is staring at was creepy and weird, like you've never ever seen a pregnant woman before, Like the Gil brought his kid.
Speaker 3: Though I didn't see it. I didn't mind the mandolin, and I didn't mind Gill and his kid. I thought Brian.
Speaker 1: I didn't guess Suzanne, I have never been more creeped out, but anything, it was weird. Yeah, it was just like Brian.
Speaker 6: It was like you'd never seen a pregnant woman before, and it was it was weird. And then the whole thing with the mandolin and Zach's like, oh look how I'm holding it. And then Brian's like, wait, you mean there's more than one way to hold a baby?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I kind of liked it.
Speaker 5: I thought it was funny. It was like a football gold it this way, like it's kind of funny.
Speaker 6: I think it's so annoying my kid too.
Speaker 3: I was totally into that.
Speaker 6: And then Gil shows up and he's like, all about the breast pump.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that was funny. I didn't mind that either.
Speaker 6: I thought it was the lamest thing ever. And Gil like knows all the pros and cons of the different breast pumps and like, no, that was not realistic in any sense of the word.
Speaker 3: I did like the kid.
Speaker 6: The kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kid went on to like be famous.
Speaker 1: Who's the kid?
Speaker 2: That kid Jeremy something, and he's done a bunch of movies. I recognize that kid immediately.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, he was Jimmy Bennett.
Speaker 6: He was Evan Almighty with Lauren. He played her kid in that oh way. So yeah, that was the only good thing about that scene was that kid. You see in the background, he's like practicing with the microphone, like being a rock star and stuff.
Speaker 1: It was that was really cute. But when you got Gil coming into a scene you want him to do more than what he did or something. Yeah, from what he did. I mean it's like you didn't use him in the right way.
Speaker 6: It just none of it just felt real to me, Like the way that that Gil was acting and the way Zach was acting in the way. I don't know, none of it felt real to me. I just thought the whole thing was dumb, like Brian really doesn't know there's more than one way to hold a baby.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Okay, okay, so they certainly weren't speaking French in that scene, were they? No, they were not.
Speaker 6: So then we go to the mall.
Speaker 3: I don't know what mall that was no too. I was trying so hard to figure it out. And you could see like old Navy like.
Speaker 1: The Hartford Galleria, but I.
Speaker 6: Mean in real life, like where did they shoot it.
Speaker 1: It's probably the Beverly Center of the Sherman Oaks Gallery or yeah, maybe or Glendale Gallery.
Speaker 3: They were holding those shopping bags so weird. And then like just going in a circle. It was like very odd, but.
Speaker 6: What and they were showing like actual brand names, which they don't. They walked right go back and beyond William's so Noma bag. She even mentioned Williams Sonoma.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It must have paid so many for that, but product placement, so they can't decide what to give Christopher. Laurel I says there should be a store for husband gifts. And then they go into like the Learning Store or whatever it was called, and they see Luke and April, and so this is where Laurl Life gets her inspiration for what she's going to write in the letter. So she sees Luke and Rory talking and she realizes how much of a dad Luke has been to Rory, and that's gonna end up.
Speaker 1: Being I think that was more dialogue between Luke and Rory in one scene than they've had in the aggregate.
Speaker 6: I think you're right. Yea, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: It was kind of odd. It was like, wow, they're actually having a scene together.
Speaker 5: The monogram towels and the unicorn. That's cute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a cute scene and they were all, you know, pleasant to each other, and April was cute. Like it just was a good scene.
Speaker 5: Family.
Speaker 1: Laurel ied face acting during that, like, yeah, I thought she.
Speaker 2: Was good in this whole episode, And I actually really liked the face acting, and you immediately knew, Aha, she's good.
Speaker 3: Write the letter based.
Speaker 5: On this, but you also like realize, like that should have been the family, you know what I mean, that should have been the family.
Speaker 6: Luke, April, Laureli, Rory.
Speaker 5: The four of them gel together, they fit together, They make sense.
Speaker 1: He helped raise her. Yeah, and her all Laurel in the face. Yeah, particularly great face acting here.
Speaker 5: Particularly, it was just the chemistry between the four of them is just so different than Christopher.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's just that was It was a good scene.
Speaker 6: And they flew through a few Pluto jokes in there, because this is you know, the time that Pluto got kicked out of.
Speaker 3: Being That was funny. That was funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so we're in the square. They just left Dosie's Lane is having a lot of anxiety about her impending mother.
Speaker 3: Hard time concentrating on them. I was so into all the background.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, wow, they really Someone was on the bike and I was like, I can't focus.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought it was relatable. There's a lot of anxiety about well for some of us, about becoming a mom for the first time. And she made a valid point, like she didn't have really any time to like live as an independent adult. She went straight from you know, being under her mom's thumb to getting pregnant on her honeymoon and now she's going to be a mom of twins, and she had like ten seconds to be you know, on her own. And so I completely related to it. And I had time, like I have my first kid until I was in my thirties. But I just I completely related to it. I thought it was good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I kept thinking, what if they had written it that she was the other end of the spectrum on this extremely joyful and happy Yeah, that kind of.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was some women are like that.
Speaker 5: It was realistic for her, she's so young, and like, yeah, I will say, I with somebody who's going through that much anxiety and wishing that they can, you know, have a second to be an adult complaining about missus Kim felt a little bit off. Yeah, like, you know, because in that situation. I everyone's different, though, but I would glom onto my mom and be like, please help me raise this child. Yeah, but you know, everyone's different. But but yeah, I did like that. They came to the conclusion, all right, well, what if we do mom on the weekend so that you know, you can still play and go on the road and do all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: I agree with your point, Danielle. I think she's kind of feeling like everybody is telling her what to do still, like telling her what to eat and how many times to pee and all that stuff. So I can see how you know, she was kind of like pushing back against her mom, But at the same time, it did come across as a little ungrateful, like her mom, you know, is uprooting herself and putting a lot of things aside to come move in with them and help them. And like I was with you, like when I had my first kid, I was like, Mom, I need you to not leave my house, like you need to come just be right by my side at all times. So I totally, I totally agree with that, and I think that she could have been a little nicer about her mom. But overall I could see where she was coming from.
Speaker 5: Still that pregnant belly. Sorry, yeah, I know it was It's all overtook every scene for me. I'm like you, guys on, I know it was a little overdone.
Speaker 6: I agree, Okay, So then okay, we're back in front of Luke's April is leaving because they went on the shopping trip and now April was getting ready to go home, and April is trying to like she misses Luke. She was trying to figure out a way that they can.
Speaker 2: They even talk about they even talk about the lawyer, like it was like, wow, this is you know, she knows everything happening, right, So.
Speaker 6: I think Luke thought that she was kind of in the dark about the whole thing, and until she says, well, mom hired a real shark, and then Luke was like, oh, okay, I guess I guess the kid knows everything. But he was very diplomatic about it. I thought, you know, he was you know, we're just not seeing eye to eye. So that was that was a cute scene.
Speaker 2: I thought, I like that that father daughter in your helmet because that's the first thing I was like, she gonna put that he.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, that was a quick scene, but I thought it was poignant.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 6: And then we come to the final scene. Was Laurel I now because she ran into Luke and had her inspiration, she's she knows what to type. She's on her typewriter. When was the last time you saw like that, an old school typewriter like that. It wasn't even electric. It was like the kind with the handle you had.
Speaker 3: To push like that was.
Speaker 6: That's been a few minutes and she finishes her letter, and then I noticed that she didn't even sign it. She just pulls it out of the typewriter and folds it up and puts it in.
Speaker 3: That didn't bother me as much. Yeah, I just yeah, I mean I noticed, but.
Speaker 6: She paused. She came downstairs, and she paused for a minute and heard like the family kind of banter in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: I'm sort of happy about that. Also, it was like very yeah. Yeah, I was like, huh, this is interesting.
Speaker 6: Right, I know, I didn't quite know what to think about because the same it was like is she like it was almost like she was starting to feel happy that, you know, Christopher was there and that this was all happening. But and then she goes to mail the letter and it starts snowing, because which was like okay, and she's sad.
Speaker 1: You know, the symbolism of that is not lost on us. This is Luke involved letter mailing trigger snow trigger memory of I smell snow trigger memory of deeply affectionate Luke and Laurel. I him, she's trying to bring him into the fold. He's, you know, out there looking at the snow, smelling the snow reluctantly. But I think the whole thing was just it was a beautiful ending, actually her walking away and being alone and remembering and helping, remembering the past and maybe hoping for future with Luke. I think it was very powerful, very very well done.
Speaker 6: That crane shot I thought was really good where it's like lifting up and you see her walking down the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, great shot.
Speaker 3: Right up. Episode. I actually really really liked this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are we going to rate it? What's the what's the measuring stick? What's the measuring stick here? M Danielle, what are you going to give it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, I'm going to give it a jump the gun there eight wow, eight.
Speaker 5: Seven, seven and three quarters wow, seven and three quarters unicorns.
Speaker 1: Remember we're comparing it to the first six seasons, and the bar is very high.
Speaker 5: I recalibrate my meter each season.
Speaker 3: This is first season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for season seven, this is a nine overall compared to the others.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a seven.
Speaker 5: No, I would give it like a six, but I.
Speaker 3: Think the stockings, the sparkly and burned stockings.
Speaker 1: An, what do you think I met? But Nadaniel, did you use a measuring stick?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 6: Okay, Susanne, I like this episode even though it's season seven. If I sometimes when I'm in a Christmas mood, I'll put this episode on just for fun. So I'm going to give it. I'm going to give it nine because I think it's whoa whoa one scene I would get rid of, but I'm going to give it nine. Nice fraggley Christmas trees.
Speaker 3: I like it all right. Next to whom it may concern, no Amy, we haven't heard your no, I said, Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Said the sparkly stockings. And I'm giving it somewhere between a seven and a nine, because as this season goes, it's definitely a nine, but in the series it's more like a seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm down there in the fives. Sorry, wow, Wow, I'm just down there in the fives.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll give it a five point five snowflakes good, yeah, because that's the thing that saved it from being a four. You know, I like the snow flakes. Anyway, that's going to do her best. Fans on the planet, Thank you, ladies, San French, Daniel Rome, Amy Sugarman. That is going to wrap it up. We will see you next time.
Speaker 3: Whom it may concern next week is to whom it may concern.
Speaker 1: Whom it may concern, Episode twelve, Season seven. It's we're kind of getting into the final stretch here of crazy. It's actually crazy wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like we just started this thing like last month, and and here we are so weird it is. It's very emotional. Anyway, keep the cards and letters coming and remember we and I am all In. Stay safe everyone, dust Hey, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.