Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 2: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now joined by bad Larry Shayan Irving and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends. Here's Dan Patrick. Wait a minute, you you quit your job already.
Speaker 3: Damn a flat fallacy. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday at the Army camp. I'm sitting on my front porch waiting for your call.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wait, but I know.
Speaker 3: Had I knowed you were golf, and I would have swung up. That's easy money.
Speaker 1: You You could hit from the women's teas and still not outdrive me.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, no question about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I can.
Speaker 3: I can chip and put.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 5: You're soft, of course to wear your little army man suit though for golf.
Speaker 1: Do you have to wear a uniform when you go to work?
Speaker 3: There is a pullover.
Speaker 4: Pull wait golf whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pull up. So he sits there all day, doesn't have to get.
Speaker 4: Up it depends the show because we're happy about it.
Speaker 6: To look professional, Dan, and they have a little golf you know, some badge on it.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't be saying this.
Speaker 4: Never.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a real strict UNI.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a minute, So did you quit the job or you still have the job?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I worked Tuesday and one?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right. I thought you told Marvin that you you got fired or you quit?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: He said, are you working? I said, no, what are you talking about? And Marvin thought, I guess I was working full time or something.
Speaker 5: I didn't Larry, I didn't know where a nation only had to be protected on Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bat Larry won three units last week. Shay lost two units.
Speaker 4: Point of contention, Nanny, No, it's not me, it's you. You are turning. Yeah you are? Okay, all right, I lose enough bets of my own. I don't need Raymond cheating me. I won the Parlady, the Nickson, the over pay me my units on paper. Ray did you screw up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I fucked up.
Speaker 1: We have to have kind of a punishment for Ray.
Speaker 4: I agree. Okay, what do you think make him date a girl?
Speaker 2: All right, that's.
Speaker 1: He's got a girl friend.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, I forgot that Bill's a great dude girl girl.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, it's Bill Billy Billy Billy eilish.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it goes both ways, though, an improvement. If you bitch about your bet that you think one know and it did lose, then you also get you also have to date a girl.
Speaker 4: Like if you're wrong and raise right. Yeah, okay, yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's unlikely. But I was gonna send the throat out there.
Speaker 1: Dylan lost one and a half units last week, and.
Speaker 5: I've been losing one and a half unit like a fucking boss lately. And that's not bad Dan?
Speaker 1: What is what is the deer curse?
Speaker 4: Oh? The deer I killed with the Tesla. Ever since it's just.
Speaker 1: Wait, are you like bad things have happened?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, real bad things? Look at him?
Speaker 3: What would happen to me?
Speaker 4: I've lost pretty much every bed I've ever laid into since the Deer, But it's always it's been like right there, like right almost winning and then just getting smoked in the end. The roommate has been just super great and all over me. Lately. I had to put my phone on silence because the notifications. I mean, I'm I literally telling her I'm doing the show when she keeps texting me and texting me I'm going to Italy with her tomorrow.
Speaker 2: She's buying you shorts right now.
Speaker 4: She's shopping for me. Yes, but like, I don't care. I don't know what. I don't give a ship. Just buy it, buy it, buy it, just buy it. Check. She's all over me. What happened since the deer? She's just been you know, are you okay? What's going on? Talk to me? Talk to me, Talk to me.
Speaker 2: Do you think the deer? Anytime we lean her now, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, dude. We leave the kids and she like starts getting weird.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Home moms who care get like, well, I've learned this. When they leave their children, they feel guilty. There's like a sense of like, how can I do this to my kids?
Speaker 1: Oh, you've been going on vacation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't give it.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They're not going with this.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that rules.
Speaker 4: No, my sister's actually flying up and taking care of them and all that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sweet, And you're gonna leave her in that curse at house by herself with your kids, and.
Speaker 4: She's bringing her kids too. She'll have five kids alone.
Speaker 2: And one lingering curse.
Speaker 1: Bring some Texas justice, how about now? Ray did some research. By the way, it's Marvin, it's Shay, it's Dylan, it's a picture day, Ray, pier Ray myself and also also bad lair. Okay, Ray did some research, said cherry juice, Himalayan salt, and cayenne pepper, all rumored to be remedies to get rid of the deer curse we have, or whatever it takes. I thought it was drinking your own Well wait, you brought this in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, we haven't made up for Shay.
Speaker 1: Okay, why don't you whip up a ben I played?
Speaker 4: I played sixteen spins of Kino yesterday. I did not hit a single commination, not a single one. Should you be going to Italy? Well, I got it. There's a casino in Italy too, So we're going to the oldest casino in the world in Venice. And I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. Well, you're not drinking yet. No, I ain't drinking yet, but keep doing this shit. I'm gonna skip right over booze and get into something.
Speaker 2: May have you seen Final Destination?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Let's not rule that out.
Speaker 4: Anything could happen.
Speaker 1: We had Derrick Henry on the show and I said that if he got two thousand yards, put him in an Adam Sandler movie. Sandler reached out and said, yes, that he would be happy to do that and also go to dinner with Derrick Henry. How about we do Now, the over under for Derrick Henry rushing yards this year is thirteen and fifty. That's not going to get you into a movie.
Speaker 2: No, no, not by a lot.
Speaker 4: Actually, well, he's going to need to change the entire offense.
Speaker 1: You know, when guys get two thousand yards, they never even get to fifteen hundred.
Speaker 4: The next year. That's true.
Speaker 8: CJ Man yeahs nasty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did about that.
Speaker 2: He dined out on that season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a wild one year wonder.
Speaker 1: Like Jamal Lewis, Jamal Llis Lewis, that's the you know when you see guys who score fifty in a game in the NBA and you go damn, Michael Red, like, there's certain guys where you go damn. And Jamal Lewis getting two thousand yards.
Speaker 4: Yes, hardway, too hardway. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I actually in high school, I tweeted at Chris Johnson every day for like a year and a half. I was like, please reach retweet me, and I changed like my picture to him, and then finally he finally did it.
Speaker 4: What the fuck? What is wrong on the internet?
Speaker 2: I was just like, hey, I love you, retweet this.
Speaker 4: We got to find these. Yeah, this is creepy. You were in high school doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah sounds funny.
Speaker 4: You had a Twitter in high school? Yeah, big mistake, mom.
Speaker 2: Well it wasn't around when you were in high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank god. We can imagine if I was displaying my fucking thoughts.
Speaker 5: I actually really I only used Twitter in high school. I didn't really use it much after that. Yeah, you get kicked off, probably for.
Speaker 4: Harassing celebrities and athletes. I love you, retweet me. Jesus, fuck, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: Do you think he thought it was funny?
Speaker 2: I mean eventually he's.
Speaker 4: Probably like, retweet me or I'll hurt myself. And he was fine.
Speaker 2: I said it every day for six months, day three hundred and four. He's like, I don't think he's actually gonna hurt himself, did.
Speaker 1: You did you tweet retweet as many carries as he had in that season where he ran for two thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh probably more.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't that it was, but it was definitely like a couple months of being like, hey, Chris, I'm your biggest fani you tweet me embarrassing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Right, so I can't find that tweet. But in twenty twenty, which is the most recent tweet, it's hey, at Joe Buck, will you do play by play if I drink twenty four beers? And the time it takes me to watch The Irishman? No response.
Speaker 4: I mean that's a good question.
Speaker 5: Twenty I absolutely could delete that. For Irishman's like seven hours long.
Speaker 1: I couldn't watch it.
Speaker 2: It sucked.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, that's okay. The scene where de Niro is like stomping that dude out on the curb and he's got like the platform shoes, the stabilizer shoot, like the Biden special shoes, and he's like, I was like this, get me fucking yeah.
Speaker 2: That was a hour like four two?
Speaker 4: Yes, right?
Speaker 9: I have one more tweet from Dylan April eighth, twenty twenty for am hammering. Hank is still my home run record leader. That's my mind, changed my mind four forty in the morning.
Speaker 4: You are such a boomer about this.
Speaker 2: Dude agrees with that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do, yes, whatever, Yes, Barry Bonds for life.
Speaker 1: Barry Bonds very fond the gates all time.
Speaker 7: Don't care, Yes, steroids or not watching him at bat during that run was still the hand.
Speaker 4: Coordination, wil don't fix your handye coordination, that dude.
Speaker 1: And the way that park is built.
Speaker 4: The way that park is built.
Speaker 1: It was three tens if but he had hande coordination with Pittsburgh. But he wasn't hitting seventy three home runs because he didn't obviously better.
Speaker 4: He obviously got better as a batter period, as a contact hitter period.
Speaker 1: Yes, he won a batting title, DP, he didn't hit fifty home runs and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: With Brady Anderson like it happens, the whole freaking league was doing it. It's life, it's you know what it is. It's innovation, and we should embrace innovation in this country.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, if Barry Bonds didn't hit the seventy three home runs because he only hit more than fifty once, would we even have any doubts about whether he was clean or not.
Speaker 1: You know what, if a woman wants to get breast enhancement hot, yeah, okay, just want don't don't go too big?
Speaker 4: Whoa dandy? That's not please, ladies, go as big as you like.
Speaker 1: Kylie Jenner, just a little bigger than that.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 5: She actually just put out her specs on TikTok corresponded to a comment she was like, fifty three CC's half silicone under the muscle, Like she was like, exactly how.
Speaker 2: She got it done.
Speaker 4: I thought you meant her mike measurement.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know you can eyeball that probably.
Speaker 7: Shallow may shallow, making that shallow may shallow may uh sha.
Speaker 1: Kwon Barkley over under fifteen hundred, rushing under.
Speaker 4: Larry.
Speaker 3: I like the over, and I've got to go over on Derrick Henry too. If he's gonna be an Adam Sandler movie, if he gets two thousand, he's gonna try for fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know what, we should bet that fifteen hundred will probably It was a big deal on fantasy websites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the number of that's been making the rounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let me get to today spent. We have golf today. I'm going with I'm going golfing with Dylan and Uh I got p a Ray.
Speaker 4: I didn't get invited to America.
Speaker 5: I'd like to get some You didn't some excuses out front, Dan, my thumb is still a little tender.
Speaker 1: You don't have to play.
Speaker 2: I'm no, I'm going to because I'm a warrior.
Speaker 4: Warrior.
Speaker 1: Uh so it's it's uh, it's Dyllan, It's it's Ray, and it's uh Maria.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Who do you want to who do you want to ride with?
Speaker 4: Mario? Really? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you positive?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was kind of thinking you and I would like, you know, hang out, talk shop, talk some shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the last thing I want to do, the very last, next to last next, which is just playing with us. Yeah, doing Ray is the last thing. Billy Bob Thorn original motivation for bad Larry recapping. All right, yeah, he did pretty well with the next stuffy Pacers.
Speaker 3: Okay for first of ten, over for the game whatever it was this week under the first quarter. I didn't have a line.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, I'm recamping, Larry, Larry, do you know.
Speaker 3: This one of my picks?
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm recapping here the memorial or something. Okay, the memorial, you whift on everything.
Speaker 3: I haven't won a golf bet in.
Speaker 1: And Shay didn't do well either, nor did I. Dylan, is there anything recapping with you? I didn't think I got.
Speaker 4: I got golf here.
Speaker 1: I know you got.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: We got to go up, all right?
Speaker 1: So bad Larry bets this.
Speaker 3: Week under the first quarter. I didn't have internet this morning. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: You know what it's It's fucking Jersey.
Speaker 1: It's always an excuse.
Speaker 4: Always I was lying.
Speaker 3: I was lying.
Speaker 4: You were lying in bed, of course you were.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I.
Speaker 3: Want under the first quarter. I don't care what it is. Give me the line, Dan, I know Rerady looked him up.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 6: Fifty six and a half, okay, under fifty six and a half for the first quarter, over for the.
Speaker 1: Game, overs two thirty one and a half.
Speaker 6: Thirty one, Oh god, uh, I'll keep that. I want the exact four to two final, okay, okay, see okay, see four two plus four plus four to twenty five okay, And then I want the Mets. Dodger's going going under four o'clock this afternoon and a half perfect and then a six seven exact A box in the.
Speaker 1: Belmont do you have you have names there, Ba's.
Speaker 3: And journalism, And that's the way I wanted to come into six.
Speaker 1: Six seven EXACTA no box there alare.
Speaker 3: I went box? Yeah, munch routs with the four to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, uh Dylan, all right, Dan, NHL I got the Panthers to win the series at plus one eighty.
Speaker 5: They're dropping a heartbreaker last night, and then Game two over six and a half goals plus one oh five of the juices on the under, but they clearly came out swinging in game one. And then NBA I got Pacers money.
Speaker 2: Line in game one. I like that, Yeah, plus why not? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're only gonna make money off of them?
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly, I mean you can't. They're thunder like minus seven hundred to win the series. I mean you can do some of those exact scores and stuff. But and then this is a fun prop, Dan, Either team to erase a twenty plus point deficit in the series is plus four to twenty five. Really, I'm gonna put a little sprinkle on that doesn't matter which team any game twenty plus point deficit, they come back and win that cashes. And then for the Belmont, I got crudo because I love a good crudo. Bob Baffort yep, and I love a little Bob Baffort. The five horse to win at fifteen to one.
Speaker 10: Ish crudo very underrated by the way, Yeah, yeah, overlooked right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah uh. And then Rariguez.
Speaker 1: Talking about food.
Speaker 4: Oh, what that fuck is crudo?
Speaker 5: It's like any thin slice raw fish or with you know, olivoi cooked.
Speaker 2: No, it's raw. It's like sashimi.
Speaker 1: I had some fluke, I had some crudo fluked nice.
Speaker 4: There was between crudo and no the Mexican clavice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not cooked. So savich is cooked in the citrus juices.
Speaker 4: What's difference between crudo and it's like raw?
Speaker 5: Well, it's I mean, it's essentially like pieces of sashimi, but usually dress it up.
Speaker 4: A little bit. It was white man sashimi.
Speaker 5: It's I think, I don't know if it's white man on the menu, it's probably French.
Speaker 4: Okay's European country, therefore.
Speaker 1: They don't count Okay, yes, swarthy, yes, right.
Speaker 9: Basically cavice is marinated with citrus juice.
Speaker 10: That's what Dylan just said.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Ray, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I know I appreciate the backup.
Speaker 5: Ray continue and Rodriguez the three horse to win at six to one.
Speaker 2: He got scratched from the derby.
Speaker 1: Our tea time is in an hour from right now, all right, what we and then try it's gonna take it's twenty five minutes to get there. Then we got to warm up. Yeah, we gotta love it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I already I already did that.
Speaker 1: We gotta get liquored up.
Speaker 4: Ray doesn't need to get liquored up for that. Just a Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's called popper Thursday.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're gonna do poppers. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It keeps you nice and loose on the okay, okay, what else do you got?
Speaker 2: Trifect the box dand seven three six five Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh shay, this yeah good. So that's to get rid of a lot of get rid of. Okay, that's gonna help you. Oh and it's it's tart tearing. You almost threw up.
Speaker 4: That almost said a little gag reflect right, wouldn't know what that is, but it's still.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: All right, here we go, all right, okay, no golf quick betting golf. Okay, okay, the side of golf is a European import. We should put a tariff on it instead. I got Rolls plus one ten the Communist Lane one O two against the Phillies, and then Antifa plus one sixty against the Twinkies. By the way, last week, Evangeline downs that Exacta I gave out hit fifteen to one. The Churchill one did not Belmont. I went larry on the EXACTA box as well. I do think that Baeza has an actual chance in this race, but I mean Big Jay, the way they ran the Preakness just fucking blew me away. Yeah, and if they don't get bumped or boxed, I think it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be I think anyone likes sovereignty.
Speaker 4: The public's gonna be all over Big j two because of what I just fucking said. Right, and it's a triple crown. All that are bullshit, Sovereignty is still there. It's I'm pretty goddamn good horses.
Speaker 2: Two to one too.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, Big Jay's gonn get bet down like a mother.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's you know, a firm aliy Dar type thing, something like that could be.
Speaker 4: I would say Race eight though, the met mile. There is a vulnerable favorite named Fierceness. Do not bet on Fierceness. I would ride Raging Torrent on the outside or just to touch Race seven, uh number two horse Crazy Mason, look out for him. And then Race twelve. Do not bet on Spirit of Saint Louis Carson's run or terministic is the play?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it? Fierceness a favorite in the Derby last year?
Speaker 4: Is that? No? No, it wasn't. No, no, no no, But I Fiercelys, I think is a big vulnerable fave when you're playing, if you're playing like a pick three or anything, do not fucking touch it. That's race eight the met mile never been on the inside before ever And that fucking one turn mile track at Toga is goofy as ship that post that rail gets goofy so good, fuck him up? Why didn't they fix it? I don't know. Why the fuck are they only run into the wild quarter of bullshit? It's a bummer.
Speaker 1: Uh well that's it, Shay and Irving, Well, you won't be doing your podcast because you'll be in Italy in your wife's arms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in love, yeah with a woman, Yeah, yes, Ray or yes, Larry.
Speaker 3: Dan, who who's your partner in the golf match today?
Speaker 1: I don't have one.
Speaker 3: I want to bet. I want to bet on that golf match.
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh, I played Keno.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Dylan's probably the best golfer out of the group. And then Ray.
Speaker 2: Ray's going to object to that because he's.
Speaker 1: Wrong, and then Mario and myself because I haven't really played.
Speaker 4: What do you call Mario? Not Mario?
Speaker 5: Because he says it's Mario, but he's wrong, it's Mario hud. My mom cracked me. She's like, you sound like a fucking white guy, saying.
Speaker 4: Me, heaven forbid? Oh no, white people.
Speaker 1: Shay and Irving's podcast the easiest way to get him around wherever you get your podcast, except for this week, he'll be in love. I got I got a tea time here. I got to get these guys over there. We got to go in the steam room and the osana before we get started.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a movie racing and the dungeon, a dungeon.
Speaker 4: I got numbers, Danny, I'm hitting, I'm hitting, I'm hitting them, Okay, Uh.
Speaker 1: Of course bad Larry the Pride of Jersey and Dylan Ray the producer of this god forsaken podcast and Marvin Whu once again has to sit here and listen to this every single Thursday. Cash Up, Did you win anything?
Speaker 4: Alright, you're drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you drank that deer curse and you're good to go.
Speaker 4: Like Haitian black magic ship. What is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us on. Dan Patrick takes a gamble and uh, are you going to join us next week? From Italy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hell yeah?
Speaker 10: Okay with the pizza. Okay, Okay, they make him over there, they do. They do wonderful things over there. I've heard before for a guy who doesn't like Italians.
Speaker 4: Why are you going out? We should probably talk America, especially in Connecticut. Okay, the Tri state areas. The don't think they're in the fucking mafia.
Speaker 1: Once again, that's for another other day in the podcast world. Thanks for joining us, Our pleasure to serve you, and we'll talk to you next week.