Speaker 1: There's all these like themed camps and stuff, and there's like you can do like missions.
Speaker 2: So oh so it's kind of like where the Star Wars Hotel failed, where if like people weren't Larpie. This one is like, now come, I get into character. Now this is the fucking apocalypse, Like don't yeah, Like I mean, yeah, I live in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: You know you guys might see me on Twitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Like the most part is like the gear, you know, like I feel like you can still be like you can walk around and be like yo, I'm Miles. But they they're like if they see you in clean clothes, they're like, You're clothes are too clean, and they got.
Speaker 3: A whole like you got a white T shirt on.
Speaker 1: They're like yeah yeah, they're like no. And there's like this whole spot that's like all these like cults that exist in this like you know world, and there's one that they there, God is Dacedation, the God of dirtiness, and you can go under edition. Yeah oucations.
Speaker 3: Here you see my shirt my shirts all.
Speaker 1: Over Yeah yeah see there.
Speaker 3: It is, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three sixty, episode three of Daily Days Day production of iHeartRadio America's Only Undecided podcast. We're still trying to figure it out over here. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Thursday, October seventeenth, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's a national yo shout out to straight edge people because it's National Edge Day. Okay, if you not now you never were. As a straight edged friend of mine, I've heard say before National Mulligan Day, Black Poetry Day, National Pasta Day, and one from the credit card company is called National Get Smart About Credit Day.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 4: Uh, Mulligan Day.
Speaker 3: Feels like it could be a thing like that. That could be like a movie.
Speaker 2: Where it's like the day where you get to like the comedic purge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be yeah, exactly. It could be the privilege we get to like do ship and just nothing counts. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 3: So storages people who are like, they just don't take it.
Speaker 1: They don't drink, they don't drink, they don't do drugs, they don't know smoking, sex, none of that.
Speaker 3: They don't do cocaine, even not even cocaine.
Speaker 2: I mean there are people who are like, yeah, I mean they may be a little bit more rigid with the sex. The straight edge people I know seem to be cooler about that. You know, they got they fuck and they have family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always thought they like they're punk though, right, A lot of them like, isn't there like a punk aspect to it? Or they like their music there's overlap.
Speaker 2: For sure, and like the hardcore scene. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Those people always terrified me anyways, I don't know, because they just have like intense energy.
Speaker 4: They were like real it.
Speaker 3: It felt like it was right on the verge of being like a religious thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Listen to more minor threat, listen to more minor threat, and you know you'll you'll you'll you'll feel embrace.
Speaker 4: You'll understand it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think if your term comes from a minor event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one track at a time.
Speaker 3: One track a day, over and over for a year, so you get those ex cats, ex tats on your hands. Yeah, nothing against straight I mean, much better than what I was doing. I was, you know, you were drinking and using drugs too much in high school and college. And I wish I was straight edge. I wish I wish that was like a weird, like I overdid it as a straight edge person and then like now was moderation. Yeah, and moderation. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka video teased. But when well it start video teas?
Speaker 1: But when when? Let me start that one.
Speaker 3: Courtesy of Zach van Noss on the disc. Yeah, we have of course shared some clips from our video episodes. We have not released any of the video episodes. We're just we're just so self conscious about how we look. Yeah, every time I'm like, Jack, be real with me, I look like shit, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just always noticed something like hanging out of my nose or like something weird that I'm doing with my hand.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine the videos come out? We got like wild face filters, yo, Yeah, would.
Speaker 3: Like look like those like four year old children with like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like when Henry Cavill had the mustache cg Off, it's like sums up with his cheeks.
Speaker 3: What is upper lip just looks like a big smooth banana. Yeah, Miles has the facial hair of Pi May from Kill Bill. I'm like it could be more whimsical and wise. Anyways, it's it's coming. We're just trying to figure out the workflow. It's a little trickier than we thought at first, So we have a bunch of we're gonna like drop ten episodes on when we backlog. That's coming soon.
Speaker 2: Obviously, swear to God before the end of the month, Yes, swear swear.
Speaker 1: I swear to.
Speaker 2: Guy STG STG before then the month at worst end of not depending on who is.
Speaker 3: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's left the comforts of the San Fernando Valley to be now dripping in mumbo sauce on the streets of the nation's capital, the Washington d C.
Speaker 3: I said, the Washington Washington dat.
Speaker 2: Here State University exactly. I'm just like again, I wish I had something else to add to that. I'm really enjoying the fall with temperatures here on the East Coast. Anyway, for those that don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Was on a I joined a call with Miles this morning, like a non TDZ call, and he joined the call in like his fall outer wear, taking a walk under a gray sky, and I was like, oh, Miles is in his zone and he guys, I gotta tell you, he looked fucking great. Yo, the best. You know, It's so funny.
Speaker 2: I have a friend of mine who's a New Yorker and she paid me the best compliment when we were in New York, like during the like it was like a November a couple of months ago, and I had like my like my coat on and shit and scarf, and She's like, Myles, I gotta say, like you kind of you kind of look like a New Yorker, like your energy.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been waiting for that.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even do it in a north faced bubble jacket. I really wanted to, but thank you so much. Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seats by one of the greats, one of our favorite guests. And it's been way too damn long to hilarious actor, improviser, stand up comedian who you've seen on Key and Peel, Workaholics, Comedy Bang Bang writes for TV shows like Grand Crew and Twisted Metal Twist. Please welcomes noted thought dad tm mmm, you can't use that. That's what that's his and you also know him from him.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's if you want to war.
Speaker 1: Well, yeas was that when if he came back on the pod, what's good you doing? Man?
Speaker 3: Oh man, we did it, we did it, You're back.
Speaker 4: Everybody doubted us.
Speaker 3: They said, no way this guy gets back on the podcast, and that in your fucking faces.
Speaker 2: Losers looking you know, I remember, like I remember the last couple of times, like we were trying to have you on. You were in a writer's room, and you're also like you had your very busy schedule, and it's funny. I would like, this is what I love about our fans when people are like, oh man, if he's not on the show, or at least he's not on the show, like is there is there beef for something? People people do many things, they don't have time to do our podcast, our second rate podcast.
Speaker 3: And then we got to catch him and here you are back in the flush. We actually just sprung this on you. You were at walking out of one writer's room into another, and we just put a microphone in your face. So we appreciate you stopping for the next hour and sitting Oh look.
Speaker 1: I'm happy. I always love doing the pod. I love to hop on. So we Yeah, it was truly like, yeah, my pleasure and now I'm here with the Fellas.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, our new show WTF with the Fellas.
Speaker 3: And the logo does look identical to the other WTF. I grew a beard and had the my face in a very similar cartoon. It's obviously me though, if you look closely, look closely, look at all the sweat, and you know, Maren can take all those cease and desists and shove him up his ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you like that? How you like that?
Speaker 4: Maren?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: If you We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna be talking about Kamala's plan for black men. That's been a big story, is that, like her support is waning among black men, and you know, not nobody talking about the fact that Trump won white women overall last time, which is fucking crazy. But yeah, so anyways, that's been a story. We're going to dig into it. We're also going to talk about something positive that the government is trying to do. The FTC just finalized a click to Cancel initiative. They're cracking down on places that make it incredibly difficult to cancel services. Great, so great, the final boss there would be who are you thinking would be the final boss for you? I'm thinking, oh, the hardest mother for the hardest motherfucker to cancel anything from the spectrum will yeah, let it. It's they won't.
Speaker 2: Cable companies, Yeah, the cable, the cables. It's from the beginning, cable companies. I think mart is still the final boss.
Speaker 1: God damn yeah, because they never let you do it, Like you call in and then they make you talk to a different yeah, let me person, and then that person is then giving you all these options instead of what you want to do, and they're always trying to upset, like, uh, the last I just I wasn't even trying to cancel. I just needed to. I moved, so I needed to switch my service. And like I realized months later that they added like a whole bunch of new stuff and I was like what, I didn't even ask for that, and they're just like oh, oh okay, and then they just like, you know, changed it. But it is like so wild how there's just almost this incentive to be like, we gotta do something else, we gotta, we gotta switch it up, sweetened the deal. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: We're obviously gonna talk about I mean, I don't know how we didn't put this first Russell brand that apparently has access to a magical amulet. Yes, and he's he's selling it. You can you can get actually like an actually magical thing for two hundred and forty dollars like that, like defying all the laws of science and physics. So we're gonna talk about that. I don't I don't know why we're talking about any of this other shit. He's just basically proven the existence of God. We might we might also talk about the in fact the pumpkin patches are scams all of are that plenty more? But first, if we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, So for mine, I have the block iPhone offloading apps, and Jack Antonov the first one block iPhone. So I don't know if you know, you're trying to save space on your iPhone and so you go in and you know you you have it offload apps you're not using. But there's some apps that you just download to use, like like I have the gift the app so that I can use gifts in my text. So we have that turned on. Since I never open that app because I only use it as a sticker in text, it just keeps getting offloaded and I'll have to notice when I'm trying to use it and I can't find it, and it truly is like bonkers that So I went to look to see if there's a way to like block specific apps from being offloaded, and they're like, nope, no, we don't have that. And you would think that there's so many things that I think the that Apple does that I'm like, you would think that eventually you would have knocked this out really quick, right like like but like I still you know anyone.
Speaker 2: Here, like I can't type fuck in a text message or that I've been like dope, yeah, put it as a contact.
Speaker 1: I guess. Or even if you use like any air pods and you happen to live with someone else who has air pods and they have that new feature that's like this Airpod's tracking you and you're like, nope, this is someone this is this is someone I live with. I know it's not, and like there's no way to turn that off. There's no way to be like, hey, learn.
Speaker 3: The air tags. You're being hunted like three hundred times a week and oh, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And with a new update, they were basically saying, you know, oh, you'll be able to like acknowledge that you know it and then like, I it still doesn't work. And I was like, you would think it'd be the simplest one. And you know, that whole feature was reactionary because they got called out where people were like, yo, you people can use your air tag feature to stalk people. So now they just it feels like they're punishing us where it's like, well, then you can't turn it off you want it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right right there you go in your face direction. Now our product sucks. So yeah, yeah, the air tags, right, those things are super annoying. What's something you think is underrated.
Speaker 1: There's a game that came out called War hundred, War hundred, Warhammer forty K Rogue Trader. Everyone's been on the Space Marine two train, I have to it's amazing. It's a banger game. And Rogue Trader came out right around the same time that boulders Gate came out, which is amazing, and everyone loves it and it's a great game. But I feel like with what's happening with you know, A Space Marine two, everyone's like excited about the Warhammer lore and they're looking into it, and every day there's like a tweet thread about people being like, what this is cool? I want to get into it. And I feel like Rogue Trader was supposed to be Bouldersgate for Warhammer, like what Bouldersgate was for D and D, where a bunch of people got into D and D. That's what Rogue Trader could have been. But I think that Warhammer does not know how to push stuff. They like being the cool nerdy thing that they don't put too much effort in because like if you look, they're not even really like following anyone on Twitter, Like they're only like following like they're like a couple of writers and stuff, Like they're not even following like you know, Henry Cavell or any like pretty big you know, celebrities who are like tied to the brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like we follow Fuco and yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Following nine people. It's all of their video games and a and the secret level Amazon thing that they're featured in and the game and the people who produce their games and everything that's kind of connected and it's like, yeah, that's cool and all, but like you're not community building at all and you're doing your thing and like I said, like it is a it is. It is like Kleenex in in London. They don't need any advertising, do it. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah everyone Jack's often yeah yeah, you'rejagging off to it. But it is like I feel like they are missing growth that they could have, but they are. I do think that they don't feel the need. I think they got burned by Blizzard and they don't want to be they they don't want to put that work in right man.
Speaker 2: That's I was when I saw that. I saw an ad for that in the PlayStation store and I was like, that doesn't look like the people from Aliens Space Marines. And then I was like that's different and I realized it was Warhammer and I because they're because aren't they called space Marines or I guess colonial marine?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Colonial and alien? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: What what's something do you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: If you? Oh man, I think uh I put composure, you know, I feel like, you know, everyone's trying to be like I think there's this everyone wants to be chill, everyone wants to play. No one that we need to be gassing people up. We've been inside for a long time. I think that we should be comfortable being excited about things, celebrating and champion people. I think, don't be weird about it, for sure, but like be excited, be like be a cheerleader for the things that you like, because that's the only way you can like spread you know, information about it. Right yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like channel Channel no alliles the way you came in the one hundred, like yeah, don't don't race with COVID.
Speaker 1: It was so funny to see black Twitter just praying for his downfall. That was great, you know, and it's like, yeah, dude, you you came in swinging for absolutely no reason, Like what was that for, right, right? Right? Yeah, because like I think I think just just on paper, he was wrong, you know, like that would be like you know when people, you know, if like the Premier League was like World Champions was like, well you got to go to the World Cup, and it's like everyone in the World Cup is in the Premier League, And I think it's the same thing for the NBA. Everyone you saw in that Olympic tournament. Every best player in every country's team is in the NBA. So what are we talking about.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about him coming in and being like, I'm a world champion because I sprinted against the best in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, oh see why the NBA finals called themselves the world champions. Like, bro, people only care about you every four years. We didn't know you existed until your vandrum mouth. Like it really was annoying because it's like it is such a like it really felt like it came from the place about like I should be celebrated more. It's like, nah, you just run fast, you know.
Speaker 2: People well, because he he achieved the thing that I think was commendable, which was that he wanted to bring more like just more of a focus and emphasis like on all the athletes. So like that part is good, but to your point, there is a fine line. It's like, don't do that by like slagging off you know, the NBAA and shit like that, And I get, you know, it's just.
Speaker 1: Just like it was funny watching the NBA, I mean, the Basketball Olympics and watching these teams and You're like every star player that they're up against in every country is from in the NBAA So it's like so this, like watching it kind of defeated his purpose because it's like, no, because all these guys and they do better because they get to team up with other very good people, right, you know, versus you know, playing with the people who could make it out the hood. You know, like, respectfully, these are all great basketball players. They all can ball me up. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that the level you have to be at to be in the NBA is very hard to achieve and to like compare it, it's like, yeah, dude, like there's like there is no like, no one is flying from other countries to run out here. So that's why we have the Olympics. No one is flying from other countries. Like the World Championships for track and Field is the Olympics. And I think that, you know, as much as the Olympics want to say it's the World Championship for basketball, I firmly believe that if now it's the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the highest level of competition is that.
Speaker 4: I think he was wrong about that.
Speaker 3: I do the way he walked into the one hundred meter dash, like and he was just fully just freaking out the like in the run up to that race was I want to see that more like we had where we've existed in this paradigm for a long time where it's like you come up with composure, you like enter the and then you like let loose like Lebron has his you know, hand clap with the dust. Jordan like was always very calm and composed before the game.
Speaker 1: I just like.
Speaker 3: Somebody coming in and just just crashing out their mind before the race even starts, just like letting that energy out. Yeah. Yeah, it was was a lot of fun. So that's that's why I think he's a lack of composure king in something. Yeah, the both on Twitter and in the lead up to a race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I and that I respect, you know, and I and I do respect the energy. I think it's kind of like Miles set everything up until when you're trying to like you know, cast off the NBA. It's yeah, yeah, yeah, don't just be like, hey man, we're doing cool ship.
Speaker 2: Pay attention to this. This is dope, Yes it is. And you know, luckily it's like most sports, you need a Netflix doc menory to make that people to be like, you know what, track and field is actually kind of dope when I see like the totality of it, just like how you know Formula one was, you know, obviously had a huge boom after that.
Speaker 3: I only have thirty percent of my time for sports. It is a zero sum competition between basketball and track and field, and I will now be shifting my fifteen percent of my focus to track and party five. That's not how anybody works. All right, let's take a quick break and we're gonna come right back, and we're gonna talk about some news stories. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and yeah, So this has been a story, I mean, the the Dems in disarray story, which is always there. It's always there in the background of the mainstream media. They're always ready for a democratic slide, democratic catastrophe, a democratic fuck up, and there's plenty of that to go around. But that's not They don't focus on the policy towards Israel, but they do like to look at polls and take some wild extrapulation. Love hand ringing.
Speaker 2: They love the hand ringing because there's a lot over declining support for Harris among black men, or you see headlines are like what makes Trump appealing to blackmail voters?
Speaker 3: Or Harris is struggling with.
Speaker 2: Black men, And I get that there has been a trend in the wrong direction for you know, black men over the last couple election cycles, but these headlines seemed like this was a full blown crisis. And then I'm looking at polling and I'm you know, Kamala is doing as well as Biden did in twenty twenty, So I'm like, what are we doing exactly? And I get that, you know, this is all about it's all about turnout and margins, So even a five percent decline could mean, you know, the difference between a Trump or Harris presidency. But across the board, it's clear that Harris just has been underperforming with just men as a demographic across the board, no matter like in every cohort. So in the fourth quarter of this election, she's released a plan for black men after doing a listening tour in cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, and Detroit, and based on those conversations, she sort of laid out this whole policy plan and the sort of the tent poles are. The first one is like providing like one million loans that are fully forgivable to black entrepreneurs and like getting like twenty thousand dollars to help start businesses. Another one is supporting a regulatory framework for cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Speaker 3: Now, I do.
Speaker 2: Understand that as a demographic like this predates on black men in terms of as being investors the most. So I understand that if you're looking at crypto as a whole, you're like, well, you know, black investors are typically more vulnerable than others. A National Health Equity initiative that addresses things like sickle cell disease, diabetes, mental health, prostate cancer, and other things that are disproportionately impact black men, legalized recreational marijuana, creating like just like better pathways to get like black men into teaching jobs and other sort of like just high paying jobs and things like that. Now, these like I think they're important, and most of these policies are actually just her sort of like existing platform, but they're just sort of recontextualized so black men can understand how they also benefit from like these certain policies. But then I'm also like a little confused here because I'm sure on these listening tours she heard a lot about policing and the violence, just the violence that that black men disproportionately experience at the hands of police, and her policies are kind of offering the same sort of milk toast policy prescriptions that just don't get to the root of the matter. Like there's language about building trust between law enforcement and the community and banning chokeholds, but the lack of trust and deadly tactics sort of come from our unaddressed issue with anti black racism and white supremacy. So I was thinking, hey, maybe slified immunity could would we dare to utter those words and other laws and loopholes that are sort of in place that allow police to act with impunity, And like with the legalizing marijuana, I was hoping maybe you could see something about, you know, actually expunging records and freeing people who have been locked up for possession charges, because that's another thing that disproportionately affects people of color, especially black people. So the thing that like also just kind of strikes me here is that there's this whole this emphasis on like the problem with like her black male support and this sort of sudden emphasis to me, feels like it's partially beginning to scape like it's half pandering, but also beginning to scapegoat black men as a potentially like like af Kamala loses, it's because these black men turned up for Donald Trump. And like again, like I said these, I think these I'm glad that she's articulating this kind of like these policy prescriptions that are affecting black men, but I think they could go further. Another question I have is why don't you just do that from the beginning of your campaign rather than this late in the game when there are all these headlines questioning your ability to get support, because I mean, let's see, black people are the most consistent supporters of Democrats, Like yeah, just across the board. Yeah, so like let's let's not get into this, like whoa, whoa, what's going on here? And That's what I'm saying, like where is the smoke? Where is the analysis for white voters, because that's also a huge, huge, like this is this is a huge demographic of people that are openly embracing fascism as well. But to then suddenly have headline after headline talking about like black men and what is she going to do? Just feels a little odd and just kind of just I was feeling some type of way about it, like I just didn't if that's what I felt like. It was sort of setting up to sort of be able to like, if if this election goes to Trump, then it's gonna be like, well, it's the people who didn't turn out because of Gaza and then black men because they love Trump and Crypto and these other I think you're happy guys avoiding yeah, and avoiding real progress, which I think again, like we always have talked about on the show, that is what is the most energizing when you're trying to win a race, Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I feel like, you know, this just really feels like we're already getting the head start on the blame game that tries to come out of the election, and the blame is always on the voters and not the politicians and how they chose to connect on them and the ways that they've waffled and the ways that they've you know, never addressing things that you might have misstepped, Like you know, you kind of energized a group of voters by kind of seemingly being like more left than Biden, and then you come out and be like, well, hold up, we will make sure we have some Republicans you know, in here, and then you're then you're like ignoring the backlash that comes from that because it's like, yeah, dude, like like this is the reason people were excited for you was it felt like we're gonna, like, you know, see some real change, and you're not going to see change if you're trying to parlay the people who are trying to push Project twenty twenty five, which is a complete mess and terrible. Yeah, so it's to me, Yeah, it feels like all the strategizing seems very reactionary, and it seems very like it's it just seems like the classic thing we always see, right where a lot of overpromising and we're waiting to see it be delivered on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like it also paints this picture of Trump as having like more diverse support. Yeah. Then then we think, hey, guys, I know there's a lot of like we're a very divided country. They love to talk about how divided we are, but hey, there's nothing special here about Trump. It's just Republicans and Democrats. If you think he's uniquely bad then, like you're overreacting. He's going to like his policy, like just what's the massive like mass deportation thing that he's openly proposing like every day on the campaign truck, They're going to have concentration camps for people who are here legally because they are black and brown essentially, like that that is what is going to happen. Like that's maybe the story I would focus on as opposed to like this version of Trump. But hey man, there's there's a lot more support out there for him than you'd think. It's like, yeah, what about like what is going to happen if he wins?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And there's also you know that the time came and went really to really capitalize on the momentum we had in society to really try and push through some kind of substantive change around law enforcement. And that was in the beginning of Joe Biden's presidency, when he had the trifecta yeah you know what I mean, and and pofit went. And I get that it's easy to point fingers at the holdouts mansion and Cinema and things like that, and that is true, but that that was really the time to really begin to be like, let me let me show improve. I know I count on the support of black voters, and now let me repay that. The other thing, too, is like when you really look at the polling, look at like swing like swing states like Wisconsin for white women, the race is very very tight. It is like it's like a dead heap pretty much. And to then be like, what is what's going to happen with with black men and things like that. Now, I understand that may be more sexy than calling out like other white voters and things like that, but again we have issues with like their misogyny, because there are some men who would just never vote ever for a woman. It doesn't matter how much you talk about squeezing off your glock and shit like that. And there's also this sort of white supremacist angle too that we're just not there's no there's no grappling with like there's no analysis of that either. So it's much easier just look at numbers and be like, well, black men are supporting a little bit less than normal. There's the problem when we have these other much larger voting blocks that we need to sort of have some kind of I don't know, more meaningful analysis around rather than create this headline. And for me, again, it does feel like we're doing diet scapegoating, preemptive scapegoating, which just makes me very uncomfortable because I just don't no, no, that that ain't it.
Speaker 3: That ain't it all right? This next one I feel like another thing that they could have run on and made a bigger deal about. So the FTC just finalized their click to Cancel initiative, which basically prevents companies from trapping consumers in unwanted subscriptions by forcing them to jump through unnecessary hoops. So it requires that companies, including streamers, make it as easy to cancel subscriptions as it is to sign up for them. Like that sounds like a fantasy, and like just say that, just be like, hey, this is what we're doing for We just did this, like because we recognize that these companies are fucking annoying to deal with and they're making your life more difficult.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 2: This goes along with our Remember we were talking when the terms and conditions story came up, and they're like, we got to figure out a way to streamline terms and conditions, Like it can't be like, hey, man, if you're if your partner dies having food at Disney World, I'm sorry that you signed up for Disney Plus because that actually indemnifies us. Yeah, like like this like that kind of thing along with this. This is the kind of stuff that like you don't need any policy experience to understand.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, man, why is it so fucking hard to cancel any kind of membership? A lot of people, like I guess like Planet Fitness started to trend on social media because of this. I famously do not go to gym's because I'm not great about my health. I drew it at home.
Speaker 2: But if you do, you know, are you what do you have any experience of Planet Fitness or just know that gym memberships are up like up there with some of the worst ones to try and get out of.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean definitely I been trying to. I've been getting I had a gym membership through my health care and that has been like I have not been able to get out of it, Like you want to get into your right now. Just reminded me like I gotta cause and they're always trying to get you to like call them and be like yeah, if you call us, and then you call them and then they're just because they know that, like most people are not trying to be confrontational. Most people are not you know, trying to They're just trying to wear you down. And yeah, and then you just either give up or they're like, Okay, we'll just give you three months and then if you still don't after that, you can do it. But then they're hoping after three months you forgot and then you're like, it's just terrible.
Speaker 2: It definitely is like fuck boy relationship tactics where it's like, no, no.
Speaker 3: You don't want to break up. Hold on, talk to hold on? Can I put you on the phone with my cousin. You know my cousin.
Speaker 2: You love my cousin, and she's always had your back. Hold on, she wants to talk to you. She's like, look, he's trying to change you know that, right. He really loves you. He cares about you, you know what I mean. Even to prove it, he will give you an Apple TV four K for your home, okay, and we can bring down the monthly cost about ten dollars, because that's to your point, like that's what spectrum feels like. You get passed around, you get promised all kinds of shit.
Speaker 3: They like.
Speaker 2: I feel like at one point they like this person on the verge of tears to be like, is there anything we can do to keep you? I'm like, I'm moving out of your service area.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's literally nothing you can do. I no longer reside in an area that you serve. Therefore I must cancel there.
Speaker 3: Like, but you can.
Speaker 2: Also you could mobilely experience our cable. I was like, no, no, no, I'm sorry this man, They're gonna kill me. They're gonna fuck kill me if you cancel this. I knew what you were fucking against me, just like everybody over here. Yeah, you're like what, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's also the tactics the police use to coerce a false confession out of people. They just like, don't let you leave. They just keep coming back to you. They just won't take note for an answer until you're just so exhausted.
Speaker 2: Different detectives come in, Hey, tell me the story again. Sorry, I just got here. Can you just break it down for me from the top?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Sorry, ship change man? Hey?
Speaker 5: And then oh yeah, my partner's gonna hey, you fucking asshole. Yeah, someone's fucking dead because of you. Now cop to it and you're like, I'm sorry, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it could be so easy. Aren't that the thing with.
Speaker 3: With like car accidents or you ever told if you, like the first car accident you get your parents like, don't say I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, don't y yeah, because that will is that true? Like like by apologizing, they will be like, oh, that's your sorry, bro, even though I rear ended you. The fact that you, the person I rear ended, said I'm sorry means now you are just like you know what I mean? Is that is that I'm guessing? Is that just like an urban legend about not saying I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, I don't know, Actually I don't, Yeah, because I've I've heard stories even outside of you know, car accidents where it's like whatever you do, don't say it's okay or it's fine, just just say.
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta get them on video right away. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So one injury lawyer says it could negatively impact your insurance claim.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it can't.
Speaker 3: It's all it's all over. The second that happens. You're involved in like a a legal event, you just need to r You need to be careful, like to run everything through a lawyer. Get your lawyer on FaceTime. That's just so wild because like even if it was like you're you're like, oh my god, are you okay, I'm like, I'm so disappointed that you drive a Hyundai, Like, yeah, you can't be you can't be human.
Speaker 4: It's a terrible system.
Speaker 3: I immediately come out like I'm so sorry if they cause I'm like Brett and pulp fiction. What do I look like? Do I look like a bitch?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, oh brain bread what.
Speaker 1: Say what again? Say what again? Motherfucker?
Speaker 3: You know I got red? God, damn, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You can you can take my wallet.
Speaker 3: Just you don't even just have to take a picture.
Speaker 2: Now, when you get an accident, you come out and you're like, what does Marsalis Wallace look like? Just re ended me? Yeah, he's going hard.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be back to talk about Russell Brand, this guy I remember him from.
Speaker 4: Get him to the Greek? What's he up to these days?
Speaker 3: Let's oh the one? Oh yeah, what a cast?
Speaker 1: Jonah Hill is shaking.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, And or're back and We're back. Russell Brand born again. Accused rapist Russell Brand went viral this week for a TikTok ad in which he promotes a like and this is a quote magical amulet made by a company.
Speaker 4: Called Airr's Tech.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm ares tech.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It protects you from the evil signals in the world and it can be yours for mirror the the low low price of two hundred low nine dollars ninety nine cents. Hey one more time, two hundred thirty nine dollars ninety nine sense. Isn't there a deal where it's like but that boat or you can get two for three forty or some sit like they're doing it like they're selling t shirts outside a concert. They're like, hey man, one for twenty two for thirty, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The video opens with him emerging from the bushes.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: If he I saw this like these little kind of like in the commercial. Did you see the Russell Brand like commercial.
Speaker 3: Where the commercial is like emerging from the bushes is a bad look for somebody who's been accused of being a sex crim to be okay just with bushes. So picture this Russell brand is emerging from Jack says literal shrubs with a tiny carry on bag and one of those clip on microphones you see on all the TikTok videos.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm just back from Narnia, where I had a holiday. Mister Tumnus Aslan, all those guys and as you know, airports on places for Wi Fi and all sorts of evil energies. Think all the phones out there?
Speaker 3: Okay? Wait is that music part of the ad? I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that just some ship you listen to on your end to get pumped up for our podcast recording? No, no, no, this is from the airs tech TikTok.
Speaker 2: I'm also just trying to connect the does he came back from Narnia but you go through TSA?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, to go through Narnia.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm having followed. I'm having trouble following just the basic through line. You're okay, but he's back from Narnia and he's talking about you know how TSA is when you go to Narnia.
Speaker 3: Okay, all of the.
Speaker 6: Signals corruptible and corrupting. Luckily, I wear this magical ambula from airstech that keeps me safe from all of the various signals out there.
Speaker 1: And also I mean, look at this out strong arm.
Speaker 3: I think it's people. No, it's empty.
Speaker 2: He's lifting the suitcase with one very quickly. I mean, it's clearly just this fucking scam from the beginning.
Speaker 1: But it's just so funny.
Speaker 2: I just got back from Narnia, and you know how TSA is when you go through the wardrobe, like so, I like, you had my.
Speaker 3: Doubts, guys, but then I saw the graphic that they prepared. So on the left you have a radio tower that says radiation source, radio towers giving a lot of you know, I walked by radio tower the other day and I like the right half of my body was tan.
Speaker 4: That's how much radiation you're catching off.
Speaker 3: That coming off that a bunch of wiggly sperm with air arrowheads, and it says non coherent radiation. Then it goes into like just one of those like floral design things that you make with like one of the circle things circle pen things, and it says transformer. Oh yeah, what was that called a spirograph spirograph. Yeah, it just has a spirograph and it says transformer, which, yeah, And then the transformer takes the non coherent radiation and turns it into coherent radiation, which are straight arrows, and those are going into a guy and being bounced back off of him because coherent radiation. It's just the wildest pseudo scientific bullshit.
Speaker 2: It's even saying pseudo scientific means you have to mention the word science. It's like being like, yo, where this cheerio around your neck and ghosts won't bother you? Okay, yeah, probably, you know what I mean, Like, how do you prove that? But sure it has a lot of Look, you just got a lot of sacred geometry contained within, so you will. Someone on at BA backlog reviewer on Twitter just did, like they said, I did a zepto second of googling just to look at the claims on this website, and it's just it's like they're like, Okay, look where they're getting. There's like a source that you can like for their whole sort of fake you know, quasi science shit, pseudo scientific shit. And it's like a link to a Russian encyclopedia that's just like a like a definition of the term coherence. So like when they have stuff in there to make it look and this shit is backed up, don't They click on this cyrillic hyperlink and you will end that. Unless you can read currillic, you wonder what the fuck is going on? And then like other sort of groups. But then you look at the people and like they're all kinds of these like just straight up grifters, whore like you can change your you can change cancer just with your mindset. So there, they must be a good company here. I'm selling this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, shockingly it has been debunked by experts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, huge shot.
Speaker 3: The holographic response is how they say it works. They're just, oh truly just taking words from science fiction that like and the loosest term of use of the term science fiction because transformer is one of one of the words. They're taking those terms and just like throwing them out holograph transformer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, emphasis on the word fiction, a lot of emphasis on the word fiction. But this grifter shit is just so like I get it. Like ever since he just had to be like, oh yeah, I'm doing like the Jordan Peterson thing. Now, all you can do is just do this kind of nonsense where you're just like praying on you know, they're weirded out and uninformed to be like, that's right. If the five G could do this to me, so I do need this four hundred dollars whatever the fuck this is or two thirty nine plus shipping, I'll be fair. Air's Tech is an official partner of the UFC though, So actually, I'm back. We're back there.
Speaker 4: Regard everything we just said. I think we're good here.
Speaker 7: You should have started with that. Well, then we don't have a story. If there's everything we say after that is moot. Yeah, as long as Dana White's fucking with it, we're good. We need to like make a list.
Speaker 3: Of all the people who are like donating to Trump and like you know, cool with Trump, just so we can and do jack, just so we can look back in five years when they want us all to forget or you know, see them coming when they're part of his like official ministry that is killing people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he'll be the new Health and Human Services Director, Dana White.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And finally, uh, staying in the realm of scams. And this is a this is a much older one, but every year it feels like somebody realizes something about punkin patches, which is you go have you guys been to the punkin patch you take I think after this, yeah, so don't. A lot of times you go to the pumpkin patch and it is a bunch of pumpkins that have just been dropped in a muddy field, and like, for some reason, like my brain was just like, yeah, that's pumpkin patch. That's where the pumpkins are. They're in the field. But people were like, no, I actually saw them. And they're taking the pumpkins out of like a Kroger truck and dropping them in the field to make it seem rustic and then get you know, because they're like pretty muddy because they've been sitting in the in the field. You feel like you're getting something actually rustic and naturally grown.
Speaker 2: Which I yeah, I love this. That's why especially it works for city people, you know what I mean to the pumpkins, I want you.
Speaker 1: Want to feel like you're doing something rustic. You don't necessarily want to do something rustic. So I think I guess mission accomplished in that.
Speaker 2: But you put it out of your mind too, because any person who knows how things grow, you're like, this is not even connected to the ground, Like I just lift this fucker up like that?
Speaker 3: How did it grow?
Speaker 2: Until I remember, I'm I think the first time I actually saw pumpkins being grown was like two years ago.
Speaker 3: I was wandering.
Speaker 2: I was in Seattle, and I was like walking to this neighborhood and this dude was growing the biggest fucking pumpkin in his front yard and this ship was It looked like an alien fucking life form with all that shit vines and huge roots and shit.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, this is not like those parts setting Yeah, yeah, exactly glowing, and I'm like, this is different than it. Yeah, this isn't like the spot.
Speaker 2: Under the power lines I go to and I'm picking up but I mean this This guy, Burt at Burt News tweeted, I did not realize the whole.
Speaker 3: Punkin picking phenomenon was coming to a field where people have placed pumpkins to pick them up. We are quite quite mad. Yeah, they just drop them so you can then pick them up and be like I did a pumpkin thing. So, farmers in a lot of these cases claimed that the arrangement is mainly due to health and safety reasons because pumpkins grow on thick and this is my favorite word that I've learned today thick peduncle stems, which can be hard to cut. So they sounds like you're describing my legs stems, big big old peduncles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta get them peduncles checked out, yea.
Speaker 3: Or or or as an uncle that your family tells you to stay away from.
Speaker 1: So it apparently.
Speaker 3: Means that peduncle. No, no, no, no, no, keep them up. That's called the police. It apparently means the main stem. But yeah it does. In pronunciation, it sounds like a description of a big, dumb fat and in spelling it does just look like petted uncle.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ptah.
Speaker 4: So either way you're winning.
Speaker 3: So a lot of these pumpkin patches don't actually grow their pumpkins. They procure them from third party vendors and place them in patches, And a representative from the New York State Department of Agriculture was like, ah, so you're onto us. When the New York Times like looked into this and they were like, yeah, I don't know, and then this other like official was like, so, yes, sometimes they will buy additional pumpkins when their crop yield is low, And the New York Times looked into it and was like that's not actually true. They're mostly just buying them from a grocery store distributor and sprinkling them through the field, which like that lie of like they just do it when their supply is low. Reminds me of like the mall Santa's they are actually dudes who were with Santa. It's like you found out the lie, but then you just like make up like slightly smaller lie to tape on top of it. I guess right.
Speaker 1: I wonder if too.
Speaker 2: It's like a location thing obviously, like you can't you can't be chopping up peduncle stems in any state, Like I'm sure there's probably certain parts of the country that are better for harvesting and growing pumpkins. Yeah, but and just in the same way, like I've seen those whimsical Hallmark movies where they're like Christmas tree places where you literally cut they saw down the fucking tree that you take home, like the one that's actually growing. So why not just like just keep it real? And if I get that they precut them, because these stems are just like super gnarly to deal with, But wouldn't that be the fun. It's like you're like this one and then someone comes over with like the gnarly hacksaw or whatever. Yeah, and then you're like, oh shit, we fucking chopped this fucker and took it home.
Speaker 3: But I guess it. Chop that fucker chopping. Yeah, hey man, chop that fucker too. They're like, are you buying it? Like nah, nah, chop this shiit. I want to see that shit. But I get to, you know.
Speaker 2: But these things are now like more than just pumpkin patches, because there's like there's a lot of these things like in LA that aren't places like in a fucking right aid parking lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's basically the exact same place that you would find where you buy Christmas trees.
Speaker 4: They have pumpkin patches and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah they shift like general. I thought they had pumpkins growing under the cement during the summer, and then they sprang forth this.
Speaker 2: First through the asphalt. Give us all delight. There's a spot I went to with the geist child. They charged three. First of all, this was in a fucking parking lot. Okay, the credit to them. They're not acting like these shit just grow on the ground, like they're all stacked up really cool and shit, there's like really hot like eight foot piles of pumpkins on hay bales and shit.
Speaker 3: It was three dollars a person.
Speaker 2: To get in, including my baby.
Speaker 3: Also charge an entrance.
Speaker 2: Fee too, Yeah, just to take a gander at the fucking pumpkins you would then buy. Also, there were no there were no labels. There are no price labels on any of this ship. It was kind of like, yeah, man, just see what they tell you at the front. They're gonna weigh it, and I'm like, yeah, there can I see, like what's your pricing? Sort of like rubric iss here. It feels kind of odd. Then they have like a jankie ferris wheel that's like, you know, maybe like incredible carts. Yeah, basically it only goes like eight feet high, and a petting zoo where they're like, oh, yeah, you want to feed the goat? Yeah, yeah, we got we got some food right here. It's eight dollars for this apple. Yeah, to feed a goat.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, nah, and you better stay the fuck away from that goat. By the way, Yeah, you can feed the goat, but you better stay the fuck away. He's twisting. Yeah, so I'm fucking twisting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So agritourism. This is this is a I think one. Yeah, it's a billion dollar industry in the US, like including all.
Speaker 4: The pumpkin patches.
Speaker 3: What is it called agritourism, agra tourism, agriculture tourism. Oh there's also like you got your corn mazes, you got your wagon rides, and guilty. One farmer pointed out he was willing to turn his corn field into a maze because it meant sacrificing one thousand dollars worth of corn for one hundred thousand dollars worth of aggritainment, So damn it makes sense. People just want to feel like they're in they're on a farm doing farm shit.
Speaker 2: I'm curious rural zeitgang or people who know about shit like this. When you see it, is it like a total turnoff because you're like, this is fuck. This ain't no fucking pumpkin patch. You don't just go buy it at the grocery store like everyone does and just like, you know, get on with your carving.
Speaker 1: But I don't know it's because I guess like the idea really is just like you want to walk around and kind of chat and it's like romantic in that way. But I also, yeah, I think that it's there is like I wonder if there is like a like a situation where it's like, oh man, you know this is like, this is like I wanted the experience of what a pumpkin patch looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Disneyland for Hallmark movies basically, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly, it's the Hallmark movie of Disneyland's Yeah. Well, if you w way, such a pleasure having you back on the daily zeitgeist. Where can people find you? Follow you, find out what you're up to?
Speaker 1: Man? Yeah, you can follow me at iff you wady way on Twitter and Instagram and you know you can also you know, check out our relationship pod with Emmy and Iffy where me and m we read the our relationship advice subreddit and see how wild that is and try our best to actually answer the questions and then of course watch them actually on dropout and other than that, Yeah, follow that, my follow me and you'll know where I'm performing. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I've really been digging The new Dan Dan show that's on Netflix is the anime. Uh so I'm checking that out and everyone says, and I'm gonna just echo it. Make sure checking out a high school teacher.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, high school teacher.
Speaker 3: I don't know that one. I guess not everybody says that because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess you know you're the loop, oh high school teacher loop, you know. But yeah, everybody was pretty much talking about that.
Speaker 3: Everybody's into that one. That's the that's the like English teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, English teachers on their English teacher. So you didn't know. I just said the.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: But when you started being like, hey, what's that show? High school teacher, English teacher?
Speaker 1: My bad bad, you know, I just I was real hyped about it.
Speaker 3: Miles, Yes, Where can people find you? Is there a work of media you been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Find me on Twitter, Instagram and the like at Miles of Gray. If you want some basketball takes, you check out Miles and Jack on mad Boosti's.
Speaker 3: Or you talking about the NBA.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear me talk about ninety day Fiance, you find me at four to twenty Day Fiance doing that every week.
Speaker 3: A couple of things I like.
Speaker 2: First one is I love this like Abe Simpson meme that people are using to just like, you know, just talk about old people shit on Twitter. You know, there's like just like it's a picture of Abe Simpson, the grandpa from The Simpsons, sitting on a tree stump with all the kids gathered around, and people are just putting all kinds of like washed shit in the caption. And this one it's it's Abe Simpson talking to kids and it says and a relationship with flavor flave, what's the price?
Speaker 3: This is so funny. I love flavor love references.
Speaker 2: And then another one is from at oh I'm sorry that was posted by I didn't even say who that was posted by.
Speaker 3: That was from at rebel kunt r e b E l l E c u n T.
Speaker 2: And then the last one is from at Matt Underscore Dad twenty twenty said, we went through my kid's iPad. My wife is upset, but Latina Torque compilation has me crying tears.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien tweet I've been enjoying Robespierre at its flan again tweeted. Ever since I was little, I knew that I wanted to be late for work.
Speaker 4: That's good something to aspire to.
Speaker 3: You can ever trained me on Twitter at Jack Underscore o Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeist. We're at the Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage on a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episode.
Speaker 4: Than to our footnotes, we.
Speaker 3: Look off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a.
Speaker 4: Song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 3: Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: This is an artist from Montreal, Quebec that goes by m u n Ya and the track is called Oon Dutla and it's just like kind of like a boppy, sort of like light easy French discoy.
Speaker 3: Kind of track.
Speaker 2: You know, sounds like something that you know daft punk would or Justice ends up sampling and flipping. But more than that, it's just like a nice little easy tune and just good background because you know, look, we're getting into the thick of things, so you might as well play music that creates a positive environment, and I think this song will.
Speaker 3: So this is un Dutli Bye t all right. We will link off to that in the footnotes to day these Geist is a production of iHeartRadio for more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio Wrap, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen.
Speaker 4: To your favorite shows.
Speaker 3: That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye