Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody? Happy weekend? Excited to be hanging out with you guys on another Best Bits, It's Morgan here with my guy Scuba, Steve Yo, what up?
Speaker 1: I'm your guy, your boy, my buddy and your man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That song Who's your buddy? Who's your baby? Who's your doing?
Speaker 2: Your daddy? Your Is that the song you're talking about? Toby Keith?
Speaker 1: I think Keith? That's right, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's yo daddy? Who's your baby?
Speaker 1: Who's your buddy? Who's I am?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Elvis?
Speaker 2: I was like the gyrating of the list. The legs, My goodness. That was a throwback to start off the Best Bits. We got a lot to talk about today, Scuba, Are you ready to like dive into all this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got my swimming cap on.
Speaker 2: Let's do it all right? We got coming in at number seven. Your investigation into Lunchbox's phone bill. Oh yeah, you he dropped dropped some tea without even knowing you were dropping tea. Yeah it was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had no idea what I stumbled upon, but man, I'm glad I did you know.
Speaker 2: And I love when people call a lunchbox. Because here's the thing everybody always asks in person. They're like, this Lunchbox really that way? And my answer is always the same, Is Lunchbox a terrible guy? No? But is he a lot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, ask his wife.
Speaker 2: And that's the best way I can describe what Lunchbox is like in real life. Oh yeah, And this segment proved that to me. I'm like, you know, he's not a bad guy. He just he's a little bit of a hypocrite. Yeah, and he has a lot of opinions. Oh yeah, but all those opinions only fit for everybody else, just not himself.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You can always tell what's going in a direction where it's gonna be a Lunchbox thing when his first response is, ah, well, oh see what happened? Oh you know, uh, whenever there's that, he's like trying to figure out how can he not get himself in trouble with his response, and then it ends up getting himself in trouble anyways.
Speaker 2: Well, and he loves he loves to just keep talking. There is no end. Have you ever noticed that Lunchbox is like the way he talks, never an end? Yeah, exactly, Like he speaks in like paragraphs that have no periods.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and then he keeps on raveling more and more stuff that's gonna give him more and more trouble.
Speaker 2: Yes, it just keeps coming out of his mouth. I'm like, is there like an on and off switch, like he can hit for one sitting?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can I fade him out a little bit?
Speaker 2: He just keeps going. Yeah, but Simba knows this. Lunchbox and I have had a lot of time together with the last tew days, so I've had a lot of teenis spell. I've had a lot of experiences with mister two weeks And that was one observation I made. I was like, this guy does not use periods in the way that he talks. Also, he left me a voicemail asking me how to do something on digital and this dude said the word question mark.
Speaker 1: Oh because he because he does voice texts. Yeah, so he's so used to because he did the same thing to me, he like called on time and left and put period, And I was like, he speaks in the way he speaks to Siri when texting. Yes, like he says question marking period and Calma.
Speaker 2: You're like, but I'm like, dude, you don't know the difference between a voicemail and a voice text right now, because like the voicemail, you don't say question mark, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just phrasing away where it's question the way you say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of lunchbox. But I do speaking of some like, you know, a little bit negative things.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I wrote my first ever online review and it was negative.
Speaker 1: As a digital person, this is your first review. See, I would not say you're like a I wouldn't think you're like a Karen where you're complaining and doing all these things. So I just figured in your world of being a digital person using yelp, I imagine and those kinds of things, I would for sure think you'd be like a yelper with reviews and pictures and prods.
Speaker 2: So I review things on my Instagram. Okay, that's why I don't yelp or do like all these other remains because it's good. I just posted on my Instagram because that's better for them than okay, you know, doing a little five star or whatever. Yea, So I posted on social media, but this time it was a negative review. And Scuba, let me tell you, I walked into this place he did. Okay, I've never in my life been so heated going into a place. I had to get my camera fixed. A little tripod piece broke off in the bottom of my camera and my personal camera that I have, and I took it into this place. I called them first, It's like, can you guys fix what happened? They're like, yeah, we can do that. Brought it in, double checked. Hey can you guys fix this? This is something you guys can do. Yeah, we got this. They told me to take five days a month. A little over a month later, I called them for the twelfth time and I'm like, hey, can I pick up the camera today? And they're like, no, we'll have it done a few days. They just kept pushing me off. This is twelve calls that kept going through where they're like, no, we'll get it done a few days, or I'll call them. I'm like, hey, I'm picking it up today, right, and they're like yeah, no in a few days. And I was like, Okay, something's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like have they even worked on it yet or have they done anything yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I didn't under seeing what kept happening. I was like, I feel like these guys are like scamming me or something's going on, because they would never call me either. I had to be the one to call and keep touching base with this place. And I want local, you know, trying to help the local people out instead of going with the big chain.
Speaker 1: Got so this isn't like a chain like a Best Buyer, radio shack or something.
Speaker 2: Which apparently I freaking should have.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I finally called him. This is the twelfth call of made in a month, and I was like, guys, what is going on today? I'm picking up my camera right, It's done. I said it would be done absolutely, like, no problem done today and he's like, uh no, we need I literally. I go, yeah, well, so what you told me three days ago was a lie. What you told me four weeks ago, it was a lie. And they're like well. I was like, okay, guys, we're done. I'm picking up my camera. You guys are going to refund me the money. I'm not doing this anymore. I don't know what's going on. This is the worst customer service. I told them all of this the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I do not possibly understand how this happened. I walk into the store and there's like four guys there and like, you know, I'm just like a little girl, right, I'm walking in and I.
Speaker 1: Am still heated before mafia dudes.
Speaker 2: And they're like, what, Like, I'm picking up my camera and I'm keeping my chill, the chill head is on, but I am mad blood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel like that trembling in your heart and they like.
Speaker 2: Gave it to me and they're like, you know, we're really sorry about that. I was like, listen, I'm not one to do this, but I'm really mad about how this. They gave me all these excuses. They're like, well, we couldn't end up doing it. I'm like, that should have been communicated. You're a business. Yeah, Like all you had to do is call me and say, hey, we can't do this. I would have picked it up. I would have moved on, but instead, for four weeks you pushed me along instead of just admitting that you couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And these.
Speaker 2: Guys like, look so dumb fat, and I was. I was so proud of myself. I stood my ground and I was angry but firm and kind at the same time. And I was like, listen, I understand where you guys are coming from, but you handle this completely wrong. And I will never send anybody here and I will never be back here again. This was genuinely some of the worst service I've ever had. And I go to a lot of places, Yeah, and they just like like like deer in the headlights, like could not fathom that this little girl was coming in and.
Speaker 1: Just like coming it hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I thought about it a lot. I was like, you know, I don't I don't like leaving negative reviews even if I've had a bad experience and where I'm like, oh, I just move on with my life.
Speaker 1: It'll be Yeah, but the same way too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was such a bad just the communication and how they handled everything. I was like, I don't want anybody else to have to go through that. It's terrible. Like they gave me excuse where they're like, well, we have thousands of customers. I was like, then, why did you quote me five days exactly? Yeah, quote me an actual expected time. It's really not that hard to communicate. You are a business. This isn't like your boyfriend girlfriend. This is your livelihood exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then by doing this, now you've tarnished your reputation and you've lost a customer, and you've lost that word of mouth because I'm sure they rely on that as a smaller busin YEP.
Speaker 2: And I was like, dang, like I'm really trying here, and I so I it was still a nice scolding review, but I was like, I this is genuinely like my online review is, like, this is some of the worst service I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Would you have your can you have it? You can pulled up and read it.
Speaker 2: Cause somebod's gonna find it. So I'm not gonna tell us straight out a.
Speaker 1: Star thing or like did you give them certain stars review? I gave no stars, no stars and then a little description of what happens.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, like this is really bad. So my first ever negative, my first ever online review let alone had to be negative. Yeah, okay, so that was that was my experience.
Speaker 1: Do you mind? Do you mind telling me what platform you put the review on or don't? You don't have to go that.
Speaker 2: We will find everything. Okay, it's gonnat out there, and don't don't don't worry. I'm under some sleuth names, so ain't nobody noticed me?
Speaker 1: Oh so you don't do it under like people would know you by what you do. It was like Debbie Debbie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Tantusa on or something, I don't know, some weird names. So that was my reviewing experience and I hope I never have to do that again. And I genuinely did not want to do it because it was a small business. But listen, you like, we we got to have some good communication. We got to be good at what we do. If we're going to promote that, we can do it.
Speaker 1: And it's hard to do it on a smaller business because it is more I guess it feels more intimate, where if you do like a bigger company, it's like they don't care. They get moneys, reviews, and they get bad ones. It is what it is like. Even with our show on a national show, we get a lot of great comments and we get a lot of negative comments, and you're like whatever, and just it's a nature of the beast when you throw it a blanket out that large. But when it's a local, small individual business, you're like, man, could this ruin their business? But when they're that bad, you're like they kind of deserve it. Yeah, maybe, or at least learn from it.
Speaker 2: The worst part was I had done some serious researching to find this place and they had like nearly five stars and thousands of good reviews, and I'm like, and this was my experience. There's no way, Yeah, buy is not right.
Speaker 1: You can buy reviews like people can buy like streams and followers.
Speaker 2: Has to be because I'm telling you, there is no way that five thousand people had a great experience and I had this actual like it wasn't even just kind of bad. Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well for them to string you on and not just just I guess man up for lack of better words, and like, we can't do it. I'm really sorry, can pick your camera up, and then for you to be like, you know, that sucks. I get it. I'll find the next place to fix it for me, and that's fine and we move on. Yeah bye, cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what happened in week one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah easily, if not day one. They look at it, they go, oh, dude, we can't do this, and by the time we get the part from Japan, it's gonna take a month and a half or even be like, hey, we can do but it's gonna take a long time. Because we're waiting for a part.
Speaker 2: That was one of their their things was like, we're waiting for a part. I was like, it took you a week and a half to tell me you had to order apart, so now I gotta wait another week for you to order a part and then the part come in for you to tell me you couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: You what anyways?
Speaker 1: Boy? Bye?
Speaker 2: I rest my case.
Speaker 1: Boy I did it.
Speaker 2: It's there. It's out there in the universe and nobody's ever gonna find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was about it because I felt really bad, but I needed do Yeah, what was yours? Do you have? Like a review you left? It could be good?
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at my Google account because I look at my Yelp next. I'm not big on reviews just because I just most of my reviews are usually in person, like if something goes well, but yeah, it was really awesome, dude, you're greater man, it was really fast, or a girl, you were awesome, Like I usually will give you instant grab, instant feedback of a good experience, whether it be verbally or I'll write it on the receipt or give more of a tip or whatever. I'm more of like a human interaction.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, you want to give them some advice in person.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yes, to either motivate them, especially if I see their having a really rough day or a bad day. I'm like, oh, I mean you were awesome, it was amazing, it was a great day, great service, whatever it was, whatever experience I had and wherever I went to. I love to give physical, face to face feedback. Old school, Oh you bold, Okay, I'm bold. I just tell your face. I do have a hard time with the negative feedback face to face though, as.
Speaker 2: We all do that. I was proud of myself. I was like, I told you to face how I felt.
Speaker 1: And you walked in with like four big mafia looking do I'm like envisioning you walking into like a like a camera store in Brooklyn, New York, and there's like there's like four guys with gold chains on but unbuttoned down shirts, hairy chess, bad dude, probably guy in the back counting cash with guns. And you walk up and then you're like, listen, you guys suck, and they're like, oh whoa, Okay, Like that's what I envisioned.
Speaker 2: You just keep saying that I'm left you.
Speaker 1: That's what I envisioned. Okay, So I'm looking at my reviews and yelp, we'll start there. I have zero reviews of all time, I have no reviews. Okay, ye wait, no, sorry, have three? Sorry? I have three reviews. They're all really good. So I'm not even gonna read them because none of them seen them. Whatever, And I'll go to my Google ones.
Speaker 2: See what you did on Google?
Speaker 1: I remember these?
Speaker 2: Follow your own rankings.
Speaker 1: You can see mine.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying like you can't, Like you can go into yourccount and like see your reviews. Still, Oh yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You can do you hit reviews or whatever on Google. You see your contributions and I have five contributes. Oh here we go, zero followers and following zero people. I guess you can follow people on Google reviews. I had no idea. I'll start with my oldest one, three years ago. Smog zone SMAG inspection station in Van Nays, California. Okay, you know what small inspections are. Okay, so some states care about the environment and they.
Speaker 2: And what they do.
Speaker 1: And what they do. California happens with one of those and what they do. I think Tennessee used to do this, but they stop doing that for whatever reason. But they take cars that are under a certain year because they have certain like most newer cars now have a lot of safety regulations for emissions of gas. But of course it's a lot of trick. There's zero emissions, but in places like California, there's a lot of older cars, and so you have to once a year go and get a small check. And it's like some like I also think this is maybe some BS two because some seem legit and some seem like they're collecting cash just to collect cash pretty much. And but they go and they put the they like check your car, they'd run some tests on it, and then thirty minutes to an hour later, I think it's like four hundred dollars in California, I think, or three seventy five, depending on the vehicle and the age the environment, but they save the environment. Yes, so it is expensive, but it is for a long term. It's a long term payoff, and so they do this whole thing. You get a certificate and then you're then you get the sticker or whatever, and then you can get the registration in the same place and call it a day. So that's what this place is for those that live in states where they don't care about the environment, which is probably a lot of our listeners. Hella fast, what but hell fast. I was in and out like the fast food joint, get it in an out burger. We were done with the smog check and registration within fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Ooh, bravo smog test.
Speaker 1: You got five stars. And then that got four views by people. The next one was Cultivate Meditation and Wellness. This is in silver Lake, California, so smog to this place was like a like a meditation center. And I was gone, this is right before I moved here to Nashville.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you're zenning on your decision.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was zending hard and I went to this place and the experience was incredible, And even afterwards I was in tears because we did two sessions. One was like a like a really quiet calm and if you've never done this before, I highly recommend, especially just the state of the world and the stress of our job, just being able to go somewhere where it's like peacefully quiet and being able to sit. So we sat in this place and there was like maybe five to ten of us. We laid down. I went with my wife and like the room, they changed the color to be like this, like off pink color, and it was super silent. You lay down, no one's allowed to talk. You leave all your phones and everybody of your belongings in the front of the place, and you have no shoes on. You sit down, You lay down, and this woman comes in after about five minutes of everyone being quiet, and she has like this really soft and warm voice, and she busts out this little bowl and starts like.
Speaker 2: This is literally like what you see on the movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeahs if people were like you want to know La, that's like a quint essential super duper La. But everyone that lives there is for the most part pretty relaxed and stress free, and like there are people are in their eighties that look like they're still thirty. So there mostly something that is to say from it from.
Speaker 2: You go get my zen on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got her zen on to the whole thing was amazing. At the end, she was like a card reading and the reading was all about and she didn't know me. I don't know who the hell this lady is and she didn't know that in two months, I was leaving and moving in to Nashville and changing my whole life and leaving the West Coast and uprooting the family and everything. And she drew a card and I don't remember every bit of it, but the gist of it was basically that you're gonna be going on a new adventure. You're gonna fall, it's gonna hurt, like all this kind of crap, but in the end, you will survive and you will prevail. And I was like, and she read that card and just for me alone. It was like a room card. It was just for me on my way out, like, hey, I feel like I need to read this to you. And she she like had to come to me. She's like something was telling me. Your energy was calling me and I needed to just speak to you. And I found this card that it just need this, and I was like, and she read it, and I was like, oh my god, what the hell, Like how weird is that right for her not to know me? And she felt the need of me needing this. And then two months I was leaving and upprodu my life and I was like, wow, this is incredible. So I gave him this review because it was really a great experience and I was like, five stars, dope spot. The interior was very relaxing and a great place to reset life. Signed up for the package, can't wait to return. I return one more time.
Speaker 2: Than I.
Speaker 1: I was moving, but I was like putting in another like to let people know this is a great place you should go. I got you one hundred and thirty views, So that one got a lot of views.
Speaker 2: Yang these Google reviews, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah. And I got a few more, but the most recent one was a few months ago, and it just says wit is legit with a shock of sign.
Speaker 2: Who's wit wit.
Speaker 1: It's like this lady who helped us out of the store. Yeah, and it was win. She goes, hey, if you give if you give a review, I get a ten dollars bonus. And I was like, hell, yeah, you're awesome, really helpful and everything. I was like, yeah is legit.
Speaker 2: You always do that, like you know when you go through like fast Food and they give you the thing, they're like, will you do this for me?
Speaker 1: I'm like, y'all do it for you and you get a hundred dollars gift card if you do or you've been in the running for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I never want any gift cards, but I always do it for them because they always like at least the one to ask. I always do it for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I know that a lot of those places they do get incentives or if they get a certain amount of reviews or whatever. Like I remember working that kind of industry where those positive feedbacks and if you got negative, that suck too, but if you got positive, there was some sort of like payoff or reward which helped them continue to be motivated to continue to give that great service and to continue to make the place awesome.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when we put good out into the world, good comes back. It's all good exactly. It's like you learned in your Zen meditation exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah, So there's my.
Speaker 2: Reviews Yang, no negative ones.
Speaker 1: Though, no negative one. My wife will leave negative ones because I we'll go somewhere and she's like, I gotta leave review like they're gonna know.
Speaker 2: It was us.
Speaker 1: You're very specific on what happened. You can put the guy's name in there, like, don't do that. It's embarrassing. Just I have to people need like you. People need to know so that way they can a learn from it or B not go there. I'm like, all right, she's only like twice now, But I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: Whenever, I'm just and you know, genuinely reason I felt compelled to do it. I'm I am a very I am a woman of my word, which means if I say something about you and you are not in the room, I will absolutely say it to your face. I probably already have exactly. I do not say things behind people's backs, Like I am very upfront and they're still kind even if they're criticizing. I don't have like a lot of I don't have a very mean bone in my body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but your feedback, your criticism is feedback to help them improve. Yes, it's not all it's like you're stupid, You're never gonna be mount anything at life. You're like, well that's pretty mean, and trust me.
Speaker 2: There are some negative reviews like that matter really bad. Oh yeah, I did feel like a bad person when I did this, but I was like, I need to like this just I got it. I gotta do this for the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the betterment of people, Yes, better amount of people.
Speaker 2: Of anybody who deals with Electron.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a better man. Speaking of like the singing, is there something that is going to be a better man?
Speaker 2: Better man?
Speaker 1: The better man before Taylor Swift, I think there's Pearl Jam better man. Oh yeah, that is going way back for me, copied Pearl Jam.
Speaker 2: We did have Chris Carava of Dashboard Confessional.
Speaker 1: In the studio like for me and making fun of Taylor Swift. You're a hardcore Swift and you can't talk about the coming of Taylor.
Speaker 2: See. I just was just move forward, you know. Okay, you go with Chris Carabah, it was a good you were singing songs. I was like, this is a good entry to Chris.
Speaker 1: How people who are Swift, these are very hardcore and they do not like negative comments for Swifters.
Speaker 2: I'm not a hardcore really about a lot of things besides my dogs. Unless you criticize my dog or my cat. And we don't have problems, Okay, feel I feel. I get you get your own opinion. You're on you're on your own, you know, except listener Megan. You don't get your own opinion.
Speaker 1: I like Megan.
Speaker 2: It's fine, okay, yeah, of course you do. Speaking of Chris Caraba and he came on the show and he talked about his Spider Man theme song and he performed, which you can watch on our YouTube Pagers just a lot. There was a really fun interview. But I want to talk about an ordinary person that's like a massive hero that you've seen. They could be personal to you, it could be a total stranger something you've seen in the news. But I think so often we talk about I come on here and we talk about celebrities and all these crazy things, and I will continue to do that because people love to hear it. But I also want to recognize So I'm like cool heroes, because the number one in our list is a like genuine hero that we had on our show this week, and we're getting to do some really cool stuff for him.
Speaker 1: Oh, they gonna say Superman.
Speaker 2: Why would you think Superman would be at the number one on my best Bits list?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He's an all American hero, all right, America is and Marvel girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I don't know what does happened. But the reason I'm talking about this is because I saw this video on Twitter and I was like, holy crap. So there's a man and I'm probably gonna pronounce his written name wrong. A man named Jelgi Shirpa and he was taking a private client up Mount Everest. He's one of the Jelga Yeah. I think they're literally called Chirpa's. That's what their job is to do. Oh he's a okay, yeah, they take up clients up Mount Everest. And he noticed somebody was dying five hundred meters from the summit.
Speaker 1: Fine, okay, that's that's a distance. Okay it is.
Speaker 2: And he ran over, wrapped this man in a sleeping mattress, gave him oxygen, and then put the guy on his back and hiked him six hours down the mountain.
Speaker 1: H Okay, wow, wild, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And there's a video of him like literally hiking with this guy like as flat as a board on his back.
Speaker 1: That's unreal. And for him to see somebody like that, I almost wonder, like what was the moment going into it? Did he feel something? Was like you know, you get gut feeling about anything, could be something small or huge.
Speaker 2: Well, and there's so much like more to the store. I mean, I went down a rabbit hole. So he had to verify with his client that like it was okay to do this because this client paid him like probably upwards of one hundred thousand dollars to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And so the client had to be okay with literally ending his summit to go and save this person and bring him down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And while this the story gets like more twists and turns, the man he saved like blocked him on social media and like never talked about him, like refused to acknowledge that he was the one who saved his life.
Speaker 1: Why why would you do that?
Speaker 2: And then it like came out that he like unlocked him and eventually thinked of this is his whole story. This is a whole story that was like developing as I was looking at all of this on Twitter.
Speaker 1: But did he blocked him because he wasn't supposed to be there and like he was gonna get in trouble to the work or his wife or something.
Speaker 2: No, because he was all over the news talking about how he got saved from the from Mount Everest.
Speaker 1: Weird, like he wanted to be the one that said I save myself.
Speaker 2: Or how did he listen? Scar there? There? You could go down a rabbit hole reading all these things, and I don't know what's true what this like. All I know is that this sherpa like ended up posting on his page and was like because he tagged him, the guy saved tagged him and was like, you know, thanks, I just hope you're okay, and like, I just want to recognize, like all of us, I had this sirpa who straight up hiped with somebody who was dying on his back for six hours down Mount Everest to get him to safety and above everything, even although crap that happened around it is still this like awesome person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he could easily be like that guy who paid for him, Like not if that do let's keep rolling exactly. I should have done that, you know, I could have and I should have left you there, and like he just took the high road and was like, no, man, hope you doing all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a straight up hero Like that is somebody I think is a hero. Yeah, that's very cool. So now you've heard my story, is there somebody that's like a hero that comes to mind that maybe you've seen in the news, maybe personally.
Speaker 1: So one I didn't this one. I didn't even know this guy was a hero. So we're playing, and I'm sure we're going to get to it in a little bit. Here the celebrity softball game at the whatever field here in Nashville, and I was on the first responders team, so I was not in your guys' team, and so it was, yeah, it was our picture, so but we were It's like a mixture of like people within country music and celebrities and all that kind of stuff, and then there's also first responders that are on your team, and I don't know a lot of people, so I just I just assen people. Some people were I don't know. And so one of the guys I met and his name was Rex, shook his hand and I had a vibe that he wasn't like a country singer or an actor or whatever. But I didn't know what he was or who did it what he did, but I just he was a first responder of some sort. And then we'd played the whole game, we talked a little bit, and then I talked to a few of the people that were there, and then I get home next day, I'm looking on Instagram and then somebody who works for Folds of Honor tagged him in a picture and they go this is the guy that saved the school here in Nashville and da da da da. And I was like what. And I was like, and he's like twenty something, like in his early twenties. And I was like, that's the guy that when they had that shooting here in Nashville at the Covington School Covington what it was. I was like, he's he's that guy. And I was like he was so nonchalant and so chill, and I could see the trauma in his face off obviously having to do what he had to do, but it's his job, unfortunately. But I was like, that's him. I was like, he's like he is a true true hero because imagine if like Lunchbox did something of that version, he'd wear it on his sleeve, like, yep, I was that guy. That's me. Yep, Oh you want my autograph? Oh? Hello, how nice to meet me? Yes, I know, nice to meet me as well. And it's like this guy was just like whatever, Like he didn't even mention it, never came up in conversation, never like when what are you doing here? I'm one of the first responders. Wasn't like I'm one of the first sponders that did da da da da da. He was very humble. I had no idea, and I never would have known if I didn't see that on Instagram that it was him. And I was like, whoa, wow, what a true selfless human being and super selfless to not even mention it or talk about it or say anything about it. I had no idea. I was like, wow, I shook the hand of like a legit, like selfless hero. Individually. Yeah, it was just so cool.
Speaker 2: I think there was five of them total that were part of that shooting that happened. Now, yes, were the first responders that were playing in the game.
Speaker 1: All of them are there?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: So oh damn?
Speaker 2: Two of them that like went into the school. Yeah, and this is all just based off of my memory. Yeah, and then there was like three others that helped on various parts of what happened in the very first like initial moments of all of that happened. Okay, but we had one on our team, and I think you guys had the other four on yours.
Speaker 1: Oh dang, those were all those guys that I.
Speaker 2: Was talking to, So there was like there was like five of them. Yeah. Yeah, wow, So you had a lot of heroes on your team.
Speaker 1: Whoa, they all were just so chill and just like, ah whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, and I know we had more, like we had more than just those guys like those were from the Covenant shooting. But I also know we also had like first responders also playing. I'm not sure what their stories were anything beyond that, but we had a lot of first responders playing, which was really right here.
Speaker 1: Says officer rex It says was one of the lead officers who took down the Nashville school shooter. WHOA, damn. We were just like hanging out and talking, like we were just guys just hanging out and talking. And I had no idea who they were and what they did. I just thought they were like fire because we were wearing firefighter jerseys that they're firefighters, and they just were just giving them the next day and I was like, this is pretty cool for them. It was all of them. Why did they put that in the freaking like, hey, they're here, guys.
Speaker 2: They did well. They mentioned at the beginning they like honored them.
Speaker 1: You don't hear it? Do you want to hear it from the PA announcer when you're on the field. I hear it. I even told Jerry Secous this and they're talking and and then like and I was like, did you hear anything of that? Jerry? He goes, no, I heard. I saw. I just know when the clap went out. The clap because and I was like, yeah, dide all hear was well wa way wa wa wa wa wow wow wow wow.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: The reason.
Speaker 2: The only reason I heard because I was at the beginning because that was number three. I was like right at the front because of my jersey number. Okay, I got to hear everything that was happening.
Speaker 1: But that's why.
Speaker 2: And you know what, because we're talking about this, We're gonna get into this celebrity softball game here in a minute, okay, but we got to talk about some food first, so hold on real quick, okay. Amy brought in a segment where her kids were asking about gold diggers and like how they identifying what they are all these things, and so she sent him to Alexa. You know, like what any parent you don't want to talk about something, And it was a really funny story and she shared, like what Alexa had to say about gold diggers that's in at number five. But I need to talk to you about some trendy food Scuba Steve. I want to know if you still consume or have ever consumed, any of these trendy foods in the last probably like three years, they've been trendy foods. Okay, Avocado toast.
Speaker 1: I don't like avocado. My wife loves avocado toast.
Speaker 2: You don't like avocado?
Speaker 1: No, I don't like avocado. I don't like walkamoli. I don't like avocado.
Speaker 2: Do you like soppura cream?
Speaker 1: I like sour cream.
Speaker 2: I love sour cream, so avocado. The reason I asked is avocado is like creamy, So I didn't know if you liked like creamy.
Speaker 1: Things, creamy with a side of crap for the flavor.
Speaker 2: That's why you had some pink Kimalayan salt.
Speaker 1: Get know what the hell you want? So you can put gold dust lakes and cash around all around it. I do not like avocado.
Speaker 2: Thing is disgusting, that's all right, So no avocado toast for you.
Speaker 1: No, no at all. My wife's been eating it for like ten ever since I met her at ten fteen years ago. Oh my god, she loves it.
Speaker 2: Okay. I am a big fan of the avocado toast trend. I ate it. At home. I'm not a big fan of ordering it at restaurants. At that point, I'm like, I can just make this at home. Why would I do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So simple, she makes it at home. We would eat a lot when we're living in La. It would be like a thing. I'd be like twenty dollars for avocado toast. And I was like twenty dollars for an avocado and toasted bread and they put like a little bit of like they pos acid with some like sauce all around it. Like look at this when we did, and like it's still bread and an avocado cut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I can still make this at home. And I make all my little inventions at home with avocado toast. So I still like that one, just not at restaurants, Okay, And I get that. Yeah, rolled ice cream, you know what they did a little oh and they shove it up unto a little roll and they stick them all in a little cup.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've had that before. It's just ice cream rolled up, so they don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, I'm gonna be honest. I didn't like this trend because it felt weird. Eating like eating ice cream normal is a great experience. Yea, eating rolled ice cream it isn't really a great experience. You kind of have to like mess with the roll to get the ice cream out. It's like kind of a task.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't really scoop it. I would scoop from.
Speaker 2: A scoom because you have to like split the roll and then like get it out.
Speaker 1: It's weird and marble slab or coatstal and creamer the same thing. They've been doing a version of that where they take stuff and they mash it into it. That's good, that's good, but they don't roll it up with like the freeze counter thing. Now, I'm not into that.
Speaker 2: I feel like the role was just for like so people could post on it on social media.
Speaker 1: That's all it is. Because it looks cool. That's all that's really what it is. It's just ice cream too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it made it harder for me to eat said ice cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. It's only for your Instagram post. It isn't for consumption.
Speaker 2: Yep. I think I had it one time and I was like, this is stupid.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm with you. I think at one time too, like this is dumb. I'm paying more money for the same crap just because you roll it up. Well, they won't rolled up with my joints.
Speaker 2: Family friendly maybe not. I don't know, Well, Kevin decide, that's.
Speaker 1: What twenty four states. Now, it's legal. It's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh Pumpkin spice lattes.
Speaker 1: So basic, but they're good and I love them.
Speaker 2: I do. I love pumpkin everything.
Speaker 1: I love pumpkin everything too. I'm all about it. Well, I don't have pumpkin everything because and then now they've just taken it and they've gone too far away.
Speaker 2: No, but like I love pumpkin muffins. I love the normal pancake. Yes, yeah, yeah, anything that's like it makes it pumpkin.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, like pumpkin cemin Tooa's frunch crunch flakes. I'm like, no, I don't want no, like just like.
Speaker 2: Your normal adage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I'm with you, Yes I do.
Speaker 2: And my favorite things pumpkin to have during pumpkin time is pumpkin cinnamon rolls from Trader Joe's.
Speaker 1: Never had them.
Speaker 2: They are delicious, okay, and I got like a whole lot of listeners turn on them, so like every time. This is because Trader Joe's they only have their pumpkin ims for one month the whole year and as soon as it comes like I'm in there. I think it happens in September because it's like right before Halloween leading into Okay, gotcha, Yeah, it's September October, and I literally will go I'm like, I get like five of them for the season, and everybody will tag me and they're like, I found the Seamon rolls. They sell out, like, they sell out right away.
Speaker 1: You ever get negative reviews on it or everyone loves it.
Speaker 2: Ever, everybody has always loved them. If they if they have been negative, they just haven't posted it. I don't know. All the ones I've seen, they're good. And listen, I got some strong. I'm just saying. I have my sister and brother in law in town, and I took them to all the places that I love. I've been in Nashville for seven years. Yeah, and I went seven for seven on all the places we ate. They were like, everything was amazing.
Speaker 1: Where'd they come from?
Speaker 2: Kansas?
Speaker 1: Okay? Gotcha? Yeah, there's a lot of a lot to explore her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a lot. But that was just restaurants. I was like keeping Italian. I was like, okay, This's a good one because every time people come and visit, I'm like, I need to know if I need to tweak this, edit this different places. What was their favorite seven for seven.
Speaker 1: Seven?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know. I didn't ask them. Okay, maybe pancake pantry. They really loved. Pancake pantry.
Speaker 1: Will be your number one of the seven that they went to?
Speaker 2: M hm, solid question. I think it was be It would either be pancake pantry or Blanco.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't been a pancake pantry because they're tithing to go by. There is a freaking line and I do not.
Speaker 2: That line moves so fast. It's so fast.
Speaker 1: I stood there one time for three or four minutes, and I'm like, I am if I'm not getting on a ride at disney World or Disneyland or Universal, but also six Flags, I'm out.
Speaker 2: The pro tip with pancake pantries just go a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Oh so I go there like at seven am.
Speaker 2: Youh No, that was like prime time. If you go later, like, they don't close until three. So if you do like a brunch and you got one, nobody's there. And if you go on a weekday, there's definitely no line.
Speaker 1: She's so pro tip right there. Yeah, not only is it a pro tip to go there, but a pro tip to go there and when to go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, boom weekend. You're gonna wait, but I will say the line does move quickly.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I have waited in line a few times. That's how much I still like it. I will still allow myself to stand in line. That's how good that food is.
Speaker 1: I still have been there. I've tried three different times, and I've given up three different times.
Speaker 2: During the week I got you go to the weekend just a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Let's go right now.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get pancakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a Blanco.
Speaker 2: Have you been a Blanco?
Speaker 1: I don't even know that is. I imagine it's a Mexican spot restaurant.
Speaker 2: And I think it's a little bit of a chain in a few places, but it's in fits in Broadway and there. I'm telling y'all their caso, their margarita's and their enchiladas are too die far. Even my dad, who was like, oh dang, you took them to Blanco, I really wanted to go, Like, we can't go again.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been here maybe it happened. Is this the one where they have Oh wait, I have been here before because it's like a top us restaurant and you can also sit at the chef's counter and do like the chef's thing where it's like fifty bucks and they make a bunch of.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not the same place.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was just like, it's Blanco across from this restaurant.
Speaker 2: It is. It is by a tapas bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, yeah, by a tapas So I have not been a Blanco then, no, but I think our server recommended for us to go to Blanco, So yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: They changed the game with my caso. They put the sour cream pico in guak, which since you don't like walk you can have them take it out. But they put it all in the caeso and like little little plumps, huh, and then you mix it all together. Oh my god, so good is.
Speaker 1: A caeso as a base? Really good? Too great by itself, and I love I haven't seen much queso.
Speaker 2: And since you like sour cream, like this is so creamy? Is so good? And they're margarita's. I've never had a margarita there.
Speaker 1: I didn't like, oh, they have margaritas too, so it's like a restaurant they have like.
Speaker 2: A whole tequila.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, this is on the first This is the first floor, not going upstairs.
Speaker 2: This is the main It's like on the corner of the Broadway.
Speaker 1: I love. I haven't had qeso in a while because on the West Coast they don't do queso because I guess like true Mexicans don't eat caeso.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard, but you know what, there's americanizing I love.
Speaker 1: And I love that. There's a spot back in Orlando that's expanded called have you heard of it? Maybe called Tijuana Flats.
Speaker 2: I think I've heard of the name, but I've never had it.
Speaker 1: It's like really synonymous in Orlando, but it's expanded now outside now it's i think moved up to even like North Carolina. Now where you go in, everything's like all trippy and like graffiti and cool pictures and they have all these they were known for all their sauces, like they have one called smack Masks and call me Sally and they go off my you know, like sweet all way to super hot. And they even have one way to sign a waiver to eat to like eat the hot sauce, but their case. So I will go there. Whenever I go back home to visit family, I will go to the t one of flats in winter Park and I will go there and I will just get a massive tubbo caso and I could just even drink it like a soda, Like it's that delicious to me.
Speaker 2: Nice, Okay, I'm gonna go. If I go to Orlanto, I'm going because I love me some caso.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, you're with me?
Speaker 2: Then okay, there Flats, But then you need to go to Blanco because it's oh yeah, the two, I mean the two best caso in town. Blanco is my number one, and pretty close to number two is Bakersfield.
Speaker 1: Like the city Bakersfield.
Speaker 2: Nope, there we have a restaurant called Bakersfield Downtown. I had no idea, and they do tacos and stuff, but they make like a baked in a skillet caso and it's amazing. Those are the two best casos in town. If you're looking for like the best casoever in Nashville, those are those people.
Speaker 1: Call all the time on the voice one line. Can you recommend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scooba, This is why I did a segment. Well, I pitched a segment and now it is projected projected segment.
Speaker 1: In my segment double rejected, and we.
Speaker 2: Can add it in the end of here. We still have a few more little triny foods to stalk about what we can add it in the end of Things you Recommend for Nashville. I wanted to put together a new update because I did an updated list for like the show things recommend and there's still some good things on there, but things change so much. Yeah, I want to do an updated list.
Speaker 1: You should definitely don update list, especially because a lot of things, even post COVID have like just not survived or changed the way they do things. It's not good anymore or.
Speaker 2: Better update, But I got rejected, so I'll work on that. Cool not rejected, but we will in a few few minutes. We'll share our suggestions. But those best case in town is those two. Okay, since you love yeah Blanco Blanco is a winner every time. Okay, cool so and pancake Pantry, which we will get you too, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I need to. It's been four years and so I've been there yet, so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Macha Flavored anything.
Speaker 1: I love Macha green tea really. Yeah. When I s to work with with Ryan, he was always like the on the forefront of like trendy foods because he knew because he's like obsessed with food, Like that's his true passion. Like you think he loves radio entertainment. Wrong, He loves olive oil and food and he is all about it. So whenever they were, yeah, but he like truly loves like I think I think he's gonna like one day, like when he retires, become like an olive oil like an olive farmer, moves to Italy and like, and he can't because he's worth close to a billion dollars. So I think he should have done that yesterday, like the knees that relaxed and chill and enjoy his fruits. But like he would always come in every day with some sort of like weird new like when he talked about turmeric, like way before people were into turmeric and Macho was one of them. He's like, yeah, I'm really big into Macha. It was like six seven years ago, and he'd be like, yeah, Macha, this mauch of that Macha tea. It's good for this and good for you, it's good for your cortisol. He'd always be on these things and and I was like, Macha, what the hell's discussing? Sounds stupid, But I tried it, and I was like, God, I love Macha.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice. I don't mind Macha tea either. But that's about it. They've done like Macha like donuts and stuff, and I'm not big on those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's supposed to be a healthier thing. So when you go in that direction, you're kind of the feeding the Macha purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Macha tea I can do.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, that's about it.
Speaker 2: But honestly, the best t ever is the crap Now. It's literally last match of Cofee.
Speaker 1: Is Good too. I don't think I've have watch CoFe is good.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Hey, pro tip from the Macha expert. Yes that is an expert by way of another expert. Yes, I know someone the medicine ball from Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I've never had its. Good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would get that even if I'm not sick, because it's so good. What is it?
Speaker 1: What's you know? What's in it?
Speaker 2: It has like multiple teas in it and like berries, and stuff.
Speaker 1: I have tried it. My wife had it one time. I took a step and I was like, damn, this is pretty good. Okay, yeah, yeah, good, Like just.
Speaker 2: When it's cold out, I'll go get a medicine ball. If I'm not drinking hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is normally the choice.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I feel you with some marshmallows. There's a spot here and maybe you know this, and if you don't add it to your list, I'm gonna blow your I'd blow my mind if you didn't know about it. It's called SIP. It's an East Nashville and Gallatin and so sip. It sounds like you don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've of it. I'm like thinking, I'm making sure I haven't been there before. I say, I just think I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: So it's also it's across another really like hidden gym spot called it's a barbecue spot. Damn camera, Oh Willie's Barbecue or something. Is the Texas barbecue spot.
Speaker 2: I know where you're talking about, so diagonal from that.
Speaker 1: It used to be a bank and they converted into like a drive because you can't even see when you pull in the drive through. It has like opening closed like a bank teller thing, and they converted to a drive through. I always go drive through, never inside. But they've got coffee and pastries and stuff, and they also make homemade ice cream. But during the holiday seasons or Sisson a Sisson right moondable day five dollars five dollars, they have got hot chocolate from around the world, like Epcot, and they've got like thirty to forty different kinds of hot chocolate and it's I've never been able to get for the lisp, but they've got like hot chocolates from like Belgium and like everywhere there are versions of a hot chocolate and it's so awesome and so cool. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've heard of sip. Yeah, it's been on one of my lists to go to coffee. You do not know about this hot chocolate.
Speaker 1: Thing though, yes, And so you don't eat meat, so you can't get the ham and cheese croissant, but you could eat their Their cheese danishes are really good.
Speaker 2: I'm game for a Danish.
Speaker 1: All the ice creams are handmade and freaking amazing, okay, but most definitely hot chocolate because on that subject, go there during the holiday season and get all the hot chocolate from around the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, I am going to I'm gonna do a food roll from sip.
Speaker 1: You should. Yeah. And it's so cool, like a bunch of hipsters work there. It's really cool. It's like very like they're very forward about like this. They're as humans. Like it's a really cool spot. I really dig it.
Speaker 2: No, I love it.
Speaker 1: This is a good hidden gym.
Speaker 2: This is a good Nashville suggestion. It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't ruin it, folks. Don't go there and f it up. Keep it beautiful and keep it nice, and keep it a secret.
Speaker 2: That's true for all things.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the last one white claws. You ever get into the white class gross.
Speaker 1: I think they taste awful and they tastes disgusting. My sister was on it for a while there, so all the she's like always like like Ray, she'd always be about like the newest, latest and greatest. I don't know what you call those drinks, like stupid Seltzers, Seltzer's, Yeah, I call them stupid drinks.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I will say, like I don't like any of the Seltzers. The black Cherry White Claws. Okay, but high Noons.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna say that because everyone's all on that. My wife was like trying. My sister was in town recently and all about high Noon. You know about liquor stores, I guess because it's got liquor in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's the difference of like Seltzer. So Seltzer was more like a beer kind of whereas high Noon has vodka or tequila in it. Yes, and they're so good. Try tried it a hot summer day. You get some high news, you'd be feeling good about two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How many do you drink?
Speaker 2: Well, they come in packs of four, and so typically for like a river or like day, I'll get a pack of eight. I'll be feeling good at the end, but I don't drink all eight. Normally I get through about four or five.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a lot on a good day, four or five, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. I think I have like two or three beers, And I'm like, Brook, I have a high tolerance with hes because I like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you built up a tolerance for sure.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: What's your favite flavor?
Speaker 2: Did you say it of high noons, it is either watermelon or black cherry. Cool.
Speaker 1: My sisters said watermelon's her favorite, so then I guess it's on par for what that is. Okay.
Speaker 2: But they also release some Tailgate flavors, and in tequila, I need to try the tequila ones. But they released Tailgate Fair flavors and one of them is cranberry, and that one is amazing.
Speaker 1: Cranbery sounds good. It was a good one because back in the day when I was trying out my liquors of what I was going to work with in my life, and I work with like for a job, I like work with, works with my system, and I would drink a lot of cranberry vodkas, like trying to. That was my first ones. Cranberry vodkas, grapefruit vodkas. I like them for a little bit, but then after a while.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, and cranberry vodkas are a lot. So I I have some not great memories with cranberry vodka in college, and so I don't drink them anymore. But this cranberry in the high noon was like very mild, okay, So it was very good and not like juicy, syrupy or anything. It was a great taste.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I knew.
Speaker 2: I will totally put Highens over white Claw any day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, white Claw, just I don't. I mean I've never tried either of them. I mean I don't have tried white Claw, but it's just too sugary and too sweet, and plus I just don't like then it gives me a headache and I gotta drink more water and it's just a pain.
Speaker 2: It's true. Sure, Well, we're at the point where we're going three things. Okay, something comes to Nashville. It could be eating, drinking, doing whatever it may be. Three things they should do.
Speaker 1: Three things that they should do when they come to Nashville. Get back on the airplane and go back to where you can.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not People were asking for suggestions and like go home, save.
Speaker 1: Your money and don't come here. I'm just kidding. I just want to take it to a dark place and then I'll bring you right back up, bring you back up, bring it back up. I really have to think that SIP is my number one spot. You have every thing you have to do, because just so it's so basic, like an in and out burger, like you go to, for example, a great example of a place that has ft it up but has potential cookout. You go to that menu, it is high anxiety. They've got so many things that they've now had to like write things into the menu on paper to put onto the menu that you can't even read. Get someone hand wrote it with their crappy handwriting.
Speaker 2: That's what cookouts for. Is open all day all night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have two many things, dial it down in and out Brooker, same thing, open all day all night. But they dited down to hamburgers and cheeseburgers. That's it.
Speaker 2: A vegetarian, you can't go in. Now you can.
Speaker 1: You can go there and get their grilled cheese, which is basically cheese, and they put all their toppings in it. Oh they're special sauce, but onions and it, mushrooms, whatever you want. They have ditted down to three okay, three things and then plus French fries. And it's consistent and you don't have to worry about like what do you want? I don't know the thousands to look on, I don't know what I want.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how I feel Cheesecake Factory. But it's still so good.
Speaker 1: It's good. They've also got a bible you have to look through and you're like, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Options.
Speaker 1: Options. I like SIP because it's simple and what they work on and what they do is really good because it is what it is. I like it SIP. Number one thing. My next thing you have to do when you come here, get of a secto me from a doctor that exactly I got a great guy that can really really tie you up and make sure you never create life ever again.
Speaker 2: Oh that was morbid, all right. Continuing to the high endside, Scoba.
Speaker 1: The high inside of things here in Nashville, go like, this is really let me give mine go here is maybe don't help me give thinking more great things about.
Speaker 2: This city definitely number one.
Speaker 1: Not trying to be negative, like the freeways all.
Speaker 2: You just haven't had a lot of time to explore.
Speaker 1: That's really what it is. Mostly the first two years I lived here, he was shut down. I couldn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's like, now you have a lot of babies and a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Back then I had one kid, I had had more opportunities to go out and do stuff. And now I have three kids, and it's even more difficult to do stuff. It's like, geez oh another spot. Okay, the second spot. I think I got it right. It's behind Barcelona Wine Bar, which has fallen apart.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh Glary, don't say that. Yes, Barcelona is my favorite.
Speaker 1: It has got.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I used to go there too because you recommended me when I first moved here. It has got The brand has gotten cheap, and mostly because they now have turned into a bachelorette party where a guy stand on tables and poor drink streamouse.
Speaker 2: They've always done that.
Speaker 1: They were when I first moved here. They were not. It was a nice sit on restaurant.
Speaker 2: No, they always do it. It's just you never probably saw it when you're in there because they only do it like there's a birthday or a bachelotte party.
Speaker 1: Like when I last time I was there, it's like they were doing it to every table and you want something like I don't want that. I only poorne in my mouth, Like, no, that's cheap.
Speaker 2: The brand you've never probably been. No, they do that. They've always done it.
Speaker 1: So what so what's weird? I guess I ducked it for three times. Three times I went there, I never saw and I said this is great earlier, but it was later though I've been like, I've been at different like so for me, it seemed like it was a different I was like, Wow, the brand's cheap. Now they become like a destination for the Wu girls. I'd never want to come here ever again.
Speaker 2: They did it long before we girls, so that should make you feel better. That's been their thing, like long before other bars did it or anything that's been there, Like Okay, they either put tequila or they're sangria in it, and it's like a thing. Okay, So that should make you feel better that it's not going down.
Speaker 1: Okay. But if I go there again and I have a Wool girl, experience them out and it's that it's dead to me, that's fair.
Speaker 2: And I do think the Woo girls have found it discovered.
Speaker 1: They definitely have.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm so good.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid to tell about my things I like, because they're gonna find my things. They're gonna ruin it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the next one that we'll get ruined is called Old Glory. It's behind a Barcelona wine bar, and I just love the aesthetics of it, like it's an old laundry, like factory whatever. You used to do laundry in there, and you get used to have a lot of the remnants of it. And it's so rad. The drinks are really good, the music is awesome. They have like a cool bouc like you just feel like you have transformed and once you go down that spiral staircase, you've entered another dimension when you go to this place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in pro tip, don't go on a date there, not first date anyway. You can go on a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm married, Yeah, you're fine.
Speaker 2: Don't go on the first, second, third date there. Because I had wondering and I was not well, and I was like, I am on a first date in a dark bar and I am drunk.
Speaker 1: And their drinks are good and strong. They are the bartenders know what they are doing.
Speaker 2: That is why I say, yeah, go if you've only known somebody for a while. Yes, I was like, I gotta get out of here, I gotta get I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I had two drinks and I was I was wasted. Yeah, I was like what I brought my Every time my family comes, we always go there, and I recommend a reservation you can go walk in. But always I'm a reservation kind of person because I don't like the stress of going there and I'm like ooh sorry or ooh it's an hour. Wait, Like I am not waiting an hour. I'd rather go home and eat a sandwich. So I recommend a reservation when you go to Old Glory. But damn, that place is so cool.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: That's a good spot, so freaking cool. I'll get a moment for my third one unless I find it interrupt you for that, Okay, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Definitely, see everybody comes to Nashville to go to Broadway and that's an experience. Definitely go see a waterfall. Yeah, so many waterfalls, like the.
Speaker 1: One who went to recently was so cool.
Speaker 2: It's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like like two hours outside the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like all you guys do is take a little mini road trip. You didn't even stop at BUCkies because BUCkies is out there and BUCkies is only a Southern thing.
Speaker 1: BUCkies gives me anxiety me.
Speaker 2: Too, But honestly, I've grown to love it because I had their nuggets and I was like, I don't understand the hype, and then I kept eating the nuggets. I get the hype.
Speaker 1: What are the nugget because I never even had them.
Speaker 2: They're like they're like these little pop corn popcorn basically. Okay, well, they're like a corn based treat. Don't know how they're not popcorn, but they're corn based and they're kind of they're like if you popcorn and a Cheeto had a baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like a pirate's booty.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they don't they're not in the shape. They look like little nuggets literally, okay, and so but they come in different flavors, okay. And so you can go to waterfall and stop at a Buggy's. But there are so many waterfalls around town. Yeah, Like I say around town around Nashville, meaning you can go in so many different directions and you'll find a waterfall. Yeah, and it is the best experience. You will be so glad you did it. Whether you hike to one, you kayak to one, or you go float down the river and find one. Like that is the prime experience I love in Nashville. Every time we do it, I'm like, dang, we should do this more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's one I went to a lot that you recommend it. It's like two.
Speaker 2: Falls or covens falls.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like something is like two like two rivers, two falls something.
Speaker 2: There's a fall, creek falls.
Speaker 1: Fall creek falls. That's just repeated twice as one of those.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't remember a two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, fall creek falls. That one's really cool because then you can like you can see it from the top or climb down to the bottom and you're just like seeing this like massive. It's just so cool.
Speaker 2: It's you feel like you're in another world.
Speaker 1: Yes, I highly recommend it, and people like, well, I can't get there because it's two hours out. Flexcar dot com use promo code scuba to get a hundred your first hundred three miles.
Speaker 2: I'll really set you up for that.
Speaker 1: CBA is the promo code. But you can get the car and use it just for a while you need it or if you need a car. I'm just kidding. Aways I don't do that.
Speaker 2: But there he is, There he is. That's my first suggess And go to walk, make time for it, and I concur and man do I sign off on that?
Speaker 1: It's so cool about this place is.
Speaker 2: See and that can't and obviously keep it clean, keep it safe, make sure everybody can keep going. Yes, pancake pantry. Okay, yeah, it is the best pancake I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: What I hear?
Speaker 2: It's so good and they have so many different flavors and it is worth it to stand in line. And even though Scooba is not going to I would never wait there if you come here and you're only here for the weekend, waiting the line and promise it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then my third, I think my third is going to be Errington Vineyards.
Speaker 1: That place is cool. I took my mom there last time we were here. It was owned by Kicksbrooks. Yeahs it. Yeah, it's it's a hidden gym like way down there and battle comes.
Speaker 2: That one's only like forty five minutes outside and as ye way, and it is a great time. You bring all the snacks you want to have a full ballwe picnic. They have all the wine you can do, sweet wine, you can do, dry wine, red white, they have everything.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of music. They have a stage there, yep. And it's really cool.
Speaker 2: It's so cool. It's such a cool spot. So those are my three Nashville suggestions, like top of my head that I'm like, those are three did you come up with your third Are you just gonna tack onto my waterfall one?
Speaker 1: Your waterfall one is definitely a really good throw. And I was looking to see if I have like anything saved to my phone that would go, oh yeah, yeah, we gotta do that, Like what would I I'm trying to think, like one thing about like the stadium, Now I need some same sucks.
Speaker 2: Oh you're I'll add another one. If you want a really fancy experience and like super fun house of Cards.
Speaker 1: Oh I saw that, I want to do that looks really cool. It we have like Magic Castle in La where it's like magicians and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you get so when you buy dinner there, it is expensive, Like that's why I say nice dinner. Yeah, it's expensive, but you get a ticket to a magic show after your dinner. So you like have your dinner, which the food was amazing, and there's little magicians running around in there before you do that. But then after your dinner you go and you watch a full blown magic show. Okay, that's pretty cool, and you dress got fancy. Yes, so that's a fancy spot.
Speaker 1: That one's legit. I was gonna say, okay, if we're gonna go on the theme of like supper club, like food, the supper club, twelve thirty club, the JT's, I guess.
Speaker 2: He's and he's Pushing Daisy's underground Margarita bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, So we went to My sister was in town and her friend was in town, and they were like, they wanted to go out. So we had a night out and I had a night out in a minute, and so I emailed them looking for a reservation. They're like, yeah, we got one, and the lady who help the house try to remember her name. She was so awesome and we were eating and they got I got one of those nice little half boosts that we sit in and we could see the stage and it was just a really awesome experience. And as we're about to leave, she's like, hey, do you guys want to go down go downstairs the basement. And I was like to like get murdered, and like.
Speaker 2: What are you like?
Speaker 1: She like, I guess assume we knew about I'm like, we don't go out right often where we have three kids. She's like, oh, I got you, I got you. Yeah. We have a new club downstairs called called Pushing Daisies. Normally there's a line, there's a cover to get in. She's I can walk you down there. I was like, girl, I was like, okay, cool. My sister coming from out of town, like doesn't get these kinds of experiences. She just, like, you know, just goes to places and you go there and you go home and that's it. And she's like, it's like, they're gonna walk us down there, and I was like, I was like yeah, I'm like and I was like, I don't know what that means. She's like, oh my god, so cool. I was like wow. Like she from her perspective, she's like, whoa, my god, I've never been to a place where they take you somewhere and then you go into there for free and they set you up. And we walked down there and talked to the to the So it was one of those things where it was like someone someone didn't realize who she was, kind of thing like they didn't realize how high she was up within management. And the girl was like, let me check and see. She's like tell them that so and so is saying that I'm here, and then she's like, oh yep, come right down in kind of like like you better check yourself, girl, Like I run this ish, okay, let me in. I'm with some people. And then and so we walked by all these people and they're all like waiting in line and like they're having to pay a cover charge to get I think it was like a hundred bucks to get in or something for a group of people. Whatever. She walks us by all these people and walks us in and we're just chatting, chopping it up and talking, and she sets us up right on the bar and she's all right, have a good night, we'll see letter. And I was like, well, this is so cool. And the bar is such a hidden gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the drinks, no idea, so good. The drinks are really really really good. The mixologists whatever they're they know it.
Speaker 2: And it's a whole vibe down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the vibe upstairs is a vibe and then down there is another vibe like that whole combination of the two. And it's again reservations recommended.
Speaker 2: Ion need you to hook me up with whoever? Yeah, yeah, got the hook up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she knew of the show and like and and and I was like okay, whatever, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because that but that place is amazing, so that's a great suggestion. Super club and pushing daisies. Honestly, the whole twelve thirty club because that that rooftop is also super cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really cool too, like that whole that whole like block is really really fun of what they put together there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, hey, that's where Blancos. You can go eat up Blanco and then go over there.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so I find her name here, but she's pretty okay.
Speaker 2: You can tell me later. We got we got more stuff to do. And when you told me, I got a hurry and we're already reaching an hour in scuba. We do this every time, so we're gonna keep moving and you can tell me later. We did have some new power rankings from listener Megan that.
Speaker 1: Are on the bits and you say reluctantly, And you know why I say.
Speaker 2: That, because I know there's a whole lot of Kansas out there that do not feel like Megan, who is not a Kanson, and her mother in law doesn't sound like she knows me very well well.
Speaker 1: I I get the validity of not seying geographic locations and stuff. It seems to be a problem with Kansas because no or at least in our sample survey of you.
Speaker 2: And I know exactly what she's she's referring to, and it's my my participation in easy trivia, and I have going for you. I've never been good. I ease you trivia. Listen. I have straight a's. I had one B in my entire school education geography. I was very smart. No, it was math.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, weird.
Speaker 2: I'm incredibly intelligent. But this is my thing. I don't retain information. I study really hard and I do really well.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the problem with school though. School never taught you to remember. They just taught you well, they didn't teach you to absorb. They taught you to memorize for a standardized test.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: It was never about learning. It was more about remember remember memory for this test. After that, Who gives a crap? I get my.
Speaker 2: Funding by which exactly what happened to me. I do not retain information. So trivia is just not my strong suit because I can do pop culture all day long because I'm in it. I'm in the weeds of it and it's banked in my memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've you've immersed yourself in it. Yeah, you've learned it versus.
Speaker 2: Memory, math and geography and science, like I was really great at all those classes I have. I literally was summa cum laude, like I had great intelligence. Yeah, I do not have great I do not have a great ability to retain information. There's just too much up there.
Speaker 1: We'll let's say you get to a point now, especially with jobs in life, you have to start throwing things away. You've ever seen that movie where they it's like all the different feelings, the Pixar movie, Yeah, inside Out, inside Out, where they go through like the thing and they're like throw it out, throwing on memories and stuff like. That's kind of how it is.
Speaker 2: It really is, And so I understand that people feel like I'm really done, and that's cool. If you still feel that way, that's cool. I accept that. But you're not though I'm really not. That's just that's just not my forte. And I own that that's not my forte.
Speaker 1: But I'll send you trebu is a pressure thing though it's not like it's like, hey, what do you know about d da da And it's like, let me think about it. It's like you have five seconds. What's the capital of Florida? Like there sometimes state Disney World oranges, Orlando no tellhassee Yeah, you know, of course.
Speaker 2: Frankly, I make more people laugh with my stupid answers than if I just answered it correct all the time.
Speaker 1: More entertainment value, for sure.
Speaker 2: So I'm really adding to it than being Eddie who wins all the time. That's not very funn winning lately though, He's not a lot and I'm a part of that competition. I may not have one, but I've been holding him to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So for all those people who feel that I don't represent kans as well, I know there's a good portion of Kansas who do feel I represent it well because of my values and who I am as a person, not because of easy trivia exactly.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mold me and shape as a human being. It's not part of my tapestry.
Speaker 2: That's all I would like to say. Yes, okay, that's my only statement on the matter. Yes, and I'm not releasing that listener Megan felt that way, and she has her right to her opinion.
Speaker 1: Yes she does, and everyone has the right to their opinions. They do, and think it's so much for putting a number five.
Speaker 2: They do, and that's you're only one ahead of me, Scuba the.
Speaker 1: Top four as they're going through it, I'm like, is this some sort of like like research branding thing where they're like number one Bobby, well yeah, number two Amy okay, yeah, lunchbox yeah, Eddie, Like that's those are the four in the picture like.
Speaker 2: That, and that's really just you mean right, like rotating exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did rotating through yeah.
Speaker 2: Like based on how when, how long we talk, because really how it works.
Speaker 1: This email come from our boss, so like do like character resets, Like.
Speaker 2: Literally, I'm sorry, a lot of my segments are rejected rejected segments in best bits, So if you do not listen to this, you do not hear.
Speaker 1: My segments exactly. Yeah, I don't want to tell you.
Speaker 2: I can only do so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I digress.
Speaker 2: I got it out.
Speaker 1: You did. Let me get that out, welcome in.
Speaker 2: I did that because when I first read it on air, I just didn't really I had to laugh at it because it was like fair, you know, cool, everybody gets their opinion. Then I had to sit and process it and deal with it. And you were sitting here while I am processing it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I felt that I saw it.
Speaker 2: So this is my process it's not complete.
Speaker 1: Now you will throw it away the universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're on to tea from the celebrity softball game because I totally spilled it all. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Happened. Oh yeah yeah with Eston by the way, our chip Eston and Chucklicks related. No, because I could have sworren to you. It happened, and I and I and I almost said it, but the album. I was like, I always catch myself because I saw chipsting upstairs with you guys, dressed in your uniform, and then not even five minutes later, I was like, is he messing with me? I saw Chuck Wicks, but I thought it was chipesting again. I saw him like grabbing a bag but wearing now my jersey, the black jersey. I was like, Chipson screwing with me right now? Or is he like cause he seems like it's a funny, kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Kind of guy's amazing.
Speaker 1: And I was like, is he effing with me right now? And he put it on a different because everyone also brought their camera crew for for them, and I was like, is he like filming some sort of reality series where he's gonna be like, hey, dude, nice to meet you. I'm like, I just met you upstairs, and I'm like, he's messing with me. So they're not related. They're not cousins or brothers or any sort of DNA.
Speaker 2: They're wrong. But no. But I think the reason you're saying that because Chuck Wicks right now has a beard and he doesn't most of the time have a beard.
Speaker 1: This is like there are characteristics like their eyes and their smile and their even their head shape, like they were so damn similar.
Speaker 2: Wrong, But I don't think so. I do not think they're related. Okay, not that I that's ever popped up in any of my knowledge of country stuff. Yeah, and maybe they are, and it's just been top secret information.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe. Yeah, maybe they're related. They're like and and like one of them is like I can't make sure they people because of me, nepotism or whatever. I don't know, ye, like there's some sort of thing. Yeah, they're definitely related. I don't care anyone says.
Speaker 2: But he genuinely Charles Eston is one of the nicest people I've.
Speaker 1: Ever would say, chip Eston, I kept saying, Chip, No, he you're not wrong, all right, sweet, alright, cool?
Speaker 2: I just called him Charles Aston because I like this his formal name, and I don't really know which one he prefers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, or how that works. I just remember from the office. You really, you're like rallying office IMDb, And I was like, I don't know any of those, but I do remember him from the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, he's like seriously one of my favorite like country artists to hang out with and to talk to because he's just like down to earth, great dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seemed pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. He's a good one. But what was what was your favorite part of the game.
Speaker 1: I mean, I really was bummed that I only get the bat twice, and it's like I didn't really it was annoying. What was annoying as I got there early to be like I'm gonna warm up so I can like put on some sort of a good game here. So I got there enough to where I got to play catch with Jerry Stackhouse, which was so freaking cool. But before I was playing catch with a guy named Warren Zeiders or I didn't know he was at first. I was just playing catch with them and he goes anything, Warren, I was that nice to meet you. Warren The only one I know was Warren Hayes, who's like a guitar player. Hey, Warren. Again, I don't know if these are first responders or who knows what.
Speaker 2: Warren Ziyders is definitely a country artists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, playing catch. No, I was playing catch with him. He was next to me. He was playing catch with Riley Green, and I was playing catch with Jamison Rogers. So the four of us like took this seriously in the beginning, were playing catch. And so I can even see ry Riley being like, all right, this guy playing around, he's ready to play, and so like I was playing and I'm playing catch. Throw the ball fantastic, Like, oh man, I haven't played catch with an adult in years because I usually play with t ball kids and my son. So I haven't able to throw a ball like full force. So it took me a minute because even as I'm throwing, I'm like a little bit hesitant in my throw because I'm like, usually if I throw it and I throw like this, some kids and end up crying. So I don't do that, and so it was really weird. So I want to work out my throwing and I was like, all right, cool, I feel thrown out. I don't want to throw two much. I don't throw my shoulder out. And again I also had to assected me a week earlier, so yeah, look careful. So that okay, cool. Now let's do some batting, and they go, oh, you can't do batting, and I'm like, that's actually more important than us sitting here throwing the ball around. I want to like do some batting, like oh, I wou don't do batting to the game, like I haven't hit a ball in like ten years, Like I'm really, I'm really nervous now, so now so then now it comes to the game and I'm like and then it was the most embarrassing moment, but probably only just to me internalizing. I get up there and Ernest is pitching to me, and Hearty is the catcher, and I get up there like, hey, hey, hey, Alty, what's that man? Good to see? Hey, how's it going. I'm like, all right, here we go, like I'm like, see where this goes? First one and I and I swing it, so I didn't even like let the first pitch go by, like in my head, if I would have been in a non nervous state and been warmed up and hitting. I would have taken a pitch or too, because my second round I took two or three pitches waiting for the right one. But the first one, first ball comes through, I'm just like ready to go. And before that, Raleigh looks to me because he thinks I'm the guy because we were we were warming up together early. He's like, hey, man, I need a good hit out of you. Like, don't you worryd I got you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's hey, the first to listen.
Speaker 1: Pressure's on now, thanks Marley.
Speaker 2: Also, let me tell you, Scuba, you have been hipping up for a while that you could hit bombs.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I can hit bombs if I had more than two hits going into it. Actually had zero hits going into it.
Speaker 2: I believe you because I felt the same way, Like I still got my hits, but I felt I could have done better. Yeah, And it was because, like you, you definitely have to warm up, so fair, fair, But I wanted to here for a bomb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I also wanted to, like weeks leading into it, go to a batting cage and do all that stuff. I had no time. There's no batting cages here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I looked because I was going to go to some I ended up practicing with Julia, who was on your team. But they don't have, uh, like regular old batting cages. It's like you have to have a coach and you have to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, that's so weird. Bat Where I grew up, there's batting cages on every corner. There's almost too many of them.
Speaker 2: And maybe it's just because it's like in Nashville. I don't know, maybe outside of Nashville, but stupid.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I'm like, wow, I'm now on Flapper Gas and there's no batting cages around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to like warm up and get things going and like be prepared for it and now like a fool in front of these people. But also because I put up this whole thing like I can hit bombs, so then now I go there. So that's why I was like, literally least kit early and warm up a little. Did I know you can't really fully warm up? And I'm like, damn, I first hit cold and haven't hit a ball in forever. And Riley Green's not telling me I need something out of you because he saw me throw the ball and was seen that I could throw and like like when I was throwing, like I even did some like hey go far, and I threw like really like Willie May's like freaking like from home plate all the way out to the outfield, and I even threw you balls they're really far out. Yeah, three pop flies, and then I threw you one like far out there, like when it writes your glove and even and I was like, oh damn, I guess I still got my throwing arm down, so I was comfortable with that, but not my hitting. And then I go up first to bat Riley Green's give me the pump up and then first swing, I swing it so ef and hard, like I mean so hard, and I missed the ball by like a mile miss, like so hard swinging a miss, and I'm like, oh my god, so embarrassed. And then now I'm like I just wanted to be over with, like please kill me. And then the second pitch comes, I just want to hit it, so I want to get this out with and I go and I hit it. It's like it's almost I should have just bunted the damn thing like it was so it was it was like my kid could hit harder and further than I could under the pressure. Like it went like it dribbled, it like went like five feet and I'm like, ef, so the only thing I have going to my advantage is like Ernest is a little out of shape and blaze and high, so like maybe I could outrun Ernest. So I'm like, so I just gun it. And then I saw as soon as I started gunning, I see Ernest seeing that I'm gonna gun it, and he's like, oh shoot, I'm gonna start moving now, so he like starts to pick up his pace, and then I just run through the bag and like we literally got there in that moment, and I felt I was safe. And then I realized you could do instant replays because it's a freaking charity softball game. But sure enough, the whole rest of the game, everyone's doing instant replays. I'm like, we're really doing instant replays at a charity softball game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jelly was calling for us, he had our bag.
Speaker 1: That's bull crap, And I'm like, this is for freaking charity. Need to be in sterenplays even in professional sports, it's bull crap. The call is the call. But I felt in me and like I ran so fast. I ran through and I tagged the bass, and even as I ran through, I even hit Mitchell Tinpenny. I'm like, I gotcha. I hit his arm and then and I for sure beat him because I hit his arm before the ball even got to his glove. That's how I knew I beat him, because I got there and I hit his arm as I tagged the bass, and then I heard the smack of the ball hitting his glove. So I knew I beat him because I was even like, hit his Arm'm like, gotcha, dude, And then it was like out and I'm like out, I beat him. Pissed me off? Tell me how he feel astutely pissed me off. And I'm like because because I was talking to the first sponder, guys like what kind of player are you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You're here to like play? Are you here to have fun? Are here to dick around? I'm like, I'm a little bit of everything. But then at that moment, I was like, I'm here, I'm here to play. I was so pissed. He very competitive because then my second up bat was only my second at bat, and then I got to hit it, and then again I got I even't heard Kevin in the video. He goes, oh, he just got under it, and I got and I hit it just a little too late, and it was and I am I And when I heard it, I was like, I was like, oh, this is on because I had, like for audio purposes, it sounded like it was hitting the big green monster, was hitting.
Speaker 2: The wall, No, stay in the infield.
Speaker 1: No into the third base and then but but I hit it so hard that that it was such a high pop fly as it was coming down. The guy who caught it, yeah, he came out of his glove because they hit it so hard and I even heard it smack, and so that's when I was like, I need to run even more. And it hit his glove and he dropped it. But then he caught it with and even like the tall football player was his name. He was like, dude, great hit. You just got under it. And I was like, I was like, I know. And then he dropped and he dropped it. I was like, oh, he's gonna drop and I get to get on base because I'm I know him fast. I was like, Oh, I'm gonna get on base and I'm gonna steal. I'm gonna steal all the bases like Ricky Henderson and get all the way in and get like that was your plan, that's my plan, Like just get on base. All I wanted was get on base. And then he caught it and I was like shoot, And then we didn't get to do a third bat because you guys, rallied like a mothersucker at the end. He did, and you just like rallied and we're just sitting there on the end just like all arms cross and pissed. Yeah, and then we go up to bat again. I'm about to bat and think Jamison Rodgers are or whoever's before him goes to bat. We had like back to back outs. I'm like, well, I'm not going up for a third, but I was ready for my third. I knew my third was gonna be it.
Speaker 2: Me too. But this is why we need to have a show softball team. I've been trying love to do that. I'm trying to do that forever.
Speaker 1: Love to do that. And then my only thing outside of just like me talking about me when when we were there, Jamison Rodgers goes, he goes at lunchbox, looks really nervous, like and I was like, yeah, he looks like he's gonna throw up. Like when we're doing the calling to everyone's name to come out. Usually lunch is all like very like charismatic and like like whatever. But he was in line. He looked like this. It looked like a like he's about to piss his pants. He looked like a scared little kid. He was like unsure of himself, like we both know, like he knows it first. And then I noticed that when he called it, I was like, WHOA lunchbox looks like really nervous right now.
Speaker 2: I wonder why. I wonder what was happening.
Speaker 1: Super nervous And I meant to ask him afterwards and I forgot, But he looked like he was about to throw up. He was so nervous. And the dad I never seen that guy like flinch.
Speaker 2: That's the real side of lunchbox. Just it peeked through just a smidch Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we caught it. I don't know if anyone else caught it. But he looked so nervous.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Yeah, yeah, I mean listen, it was a great game. And I feel the same way about my hits. I still I had some really good hits. Yeah, but I next year, I'm gonna have my own bat. I'm getting my bat from home, my softball bat. I'm no longer using the guys bats because they're quite too big for me.
Speaker 1: Put some suck too. Some are just like they're like they're like the Fisher Price bats. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm bring my softball bat and you you guarantee next year I'm gonna get some hits. That's yeah, happened.
Speaker 1: I want to play next year. I want redemption and I want to lead up to it. I want to, like, we need to go and we need to if we don't do a team, which I love to, but if we don't do a team, I want to really put in some real practice going into it. You let me know when you do a practice. I'd love to get out of here and like work on some hitting and find a batting cage if one exists, and go there and we'll.
Speaker 2: Get We'll put together softball team whoever wants to play. We're not joking anymore. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really want to put together softball team like our team to play against other people that play softball.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I love it and my my two favorite parts of the game, I got a pinch run for Jelly roll he did.
Speaker 1: He ran fast. I was playing third base at that moment and I saw you out there and I was like why and I was like, oh, Jelly, ain't running.
Speaker 2: I make Ernest called me go and I was like, okay, you were quick.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, dude, you hit that you would and I hit that you ran really fast. That was my I was impressed.
Speaker 2: When I played softball, I would pinch run for people. This is on top of other things, but I pinch run and I was a slap hitter because I was fast and so like I could they could always count on me to get on base to advance the runs. Okay, so running was like part of my whole thing. So I was really going on and so like I was like, oh yeah, here we go. And so running for Jelly and then they called me saved a questionable call, but it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Awesome pinch run for him. And then it was really cool when Brandley Oobert asked me for my signature on a glove, but he asked.
Speaker 1: For yours, Brentley Gilbert really yeah.
Speaker 2: So he was putting together a glove to give to a kid. He wanted everybody's signature, but I was like, did you just ask for my autograph? It was and he was like, yeah I did. It wasn't like even a question, and Lunchbox tried to ignore it so hard. He did ask Lunchbox, but Lunchbox tried to deny that. I only asked me for mine also, and I got video I got like confirmation. I was like, hey, you just did that, right, He's like, yeah I did. I was like, you cannot tell me otherwise that that did not happen.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yep. I was getting calm. I was getting video proof for everything to turn on.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you need that because he hast this whole like mentality of like I'm bigger there and you and eagerly and I was not kidding when we talked about it on the next day in the show, when they were calling out the names, like I even joked to Jamison because he bat in front of me. I was like, hey, dude, when I go out there when they call my name, can you oh, this is the announcements as we're coming out. Even before your batting, this was and even in your batting. It was the same. It was the same experience, but when they're like calling people out like hey, and for this team it's this person that person, and then he's about to go up and I was like, I'm about to go out behind him, Yo, dude, when I go, can you clap for me? Because I'm sure no one's gonna clap for me? Like yeah, yeah, if you clapp for me too, and a cool yeah I know. But I was like joking just him and I on the dugout. I was like, no one's gonna clasp for me, sinking clap and He's like, yeah him, the same for me too, And I was like sure, dude, people know who you are. And then they clapped for him, and then I came out. I was like, oh, people were actually like those people were cheering and clapping. But then when you came out versus lunchbox, it was a roar versus like a clapping. And then when they went camp to bat for the first time, this was Morgan for my Bone show was like wow, his lunchbox it was like and I was like, I was like, I have much more of a wow like you did than he did. I was like, good God, This is hilarious because he is, because I'm sure inside he's like slowly dying inside.
Speaker 2: Hey, anytime I can take an it from his Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Took a few. He took a few. And then with the Charles Eston story, Oh my god, Josh Porter from the office you like it was like he it was hilarious because I was there too, and I don't and I'm not shy of like putting it in his face either, And I.
Speaker 2: Was like, it was like he told a flat out line right up and I called him out on it in front of the person who was in front of it, which is awesome.
Speaker 1: It was hilarious. He's like, no, I just said. He's like, oh no, you said no, no, no, no. It was like it was like he clammed up in his little shell.
Speaker 2: He did not anticipate knowing Charles Usten, not at all.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, or for you to even ask the question order to Hey, by the way, it was hilarious. Awesome.
Speaker 2: That was one of my favorite moments too.
Speaker 1: Oh by far one of the greatest moments.
Speaker 2: That's truly one of the moments. I actually got to stick it to lunchbox. Oh yeah, I will cherish that so celebrities sotball game. It was awesome. There's like pictures and everything up Bobby Bones dot com. But I also put together a reel of like a vlog basically from inside the dugout, so you can go check that out on mine at web Girl Morgan number two spot coming up here one second. All right, So Lunchbox shared he got his first ever commercial, and listen, there's more tied to that, and I'm just gonna leave that there so you can listen to it on the best bits, just the bits. I want to talk about the craziest thing that's ever happened to you scuba in a public space. And I'm gonna tell you why I'm asking you this, okay, and you can tell me your thoughts on this. So my sister and her husband were at a Jason Aldan concert in Kansas, Kay. And they're tall.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure right, I saw they are tall. Sister is very tall, you guess at the same I'm probably too much.
Speaker 2: She's my half sister.
Speaker 1: Gotcha say she didn't get the full gen X you got because she's way taller. She's very tall, gotcha.
Speaker 2: And I think they're both actually six ft he's definitely taller than her.
Speaker 1: He's super tall.
Speaker 2: But so they were at a json Nodding concert and they bought four tickets. This is like my sister's favorite person, and so they went to the concert. We're having a great time, and they were on the outside aisle. They're on like that little seat, and a person from the venue came up to them and asked them to move from the venue.
Speaker 1: Because they're so tall.
Speaker 2: They get said, hey, like, are you guys willing to move? And they're like, well, are you gonna like upgrade us? Are you gonna like what's happening here? And they're like, no, we just were seeing if you're willing to like move to the back. And I'm like, why on earth would anybody move to the back when they bought tickets and you're not giving them any type of upgrade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me just actually, I'll just kneel on my on my knees the entire concert. Is that better for you?
Speaker 2: I would? Now, like, I am short, and I have accepted that there are some times I'm just not gonna see things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the way it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, never ever won ask someone or ask a employee to ask someone, yeah, move for the sake of me.
Speaker 1: Pretty nuts for an employee to step in.
Speaker 2: Into, like and that is just a disgusting, unfathomable that that was a question. I'm like, if you're upgrading them or whatever.
Speaker 1: Then cool, like oh yeah, totally. Hey, and the you don't even tell them, just you can just be a thing with you guys as coworkers, like these people are too damn tall. Le's moving somewhere and put them some more cool whatever, Like hey, why don't you guys. Have you guys been upgraded? Like oh, it's so cool. Yeah, it's like, hey, you guys are too damn tall. No one can see get your ass in the back. You're like, oh, oh cool, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like what on what world? He? My my sisters husband literally drugged, Like are you gonna put us in our suite or something like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah exactly yeah. How are you gonna benefit and make it for.
Speaker 2: Us taking it away after they paid like a lot of good money?
Speaker 1: Wow, so messed up? Wild right wild?
Speaker 2: So whoever that employees, my guy, you better not do that again. That was not a good move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're still tall and there's still gonna be going to venues like that in your venue probably too.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, wow, so crazy. So what's your craziest experience that's happened to you in public? Maybe to you or somebody you know?
Speaker 1: So one this is like I don't want to be like a downer one.
Speaker 2: But it's like, oh God, there's something dying. Don't tell them, no, he could have died.
Speaker 1: Like, I have a lot of crazy experiences and I'm trying to like flash through all of them and like, what's one I can tell you?
Speaker 2: It's okay, if you need thing and the next best bits, I'll make you tell it to.
Speaker 1: Me if you need to, Like, well, no, there's one I can tell you right now for sure. But I probably have like fifteen to twenty things that have happened to me that are crazy. I'm like, wow, that just happened kind of thing, like whoa, my god. Really I'm non do too, but no, one just popped my head.
Speaker 2: Okay, choose the best one of all three?
Speaker 1: Okay, they're both really good. Well I'll tell you what they are any time of with avenue you want to go. Okay, one involves a guy on a bike and potential death, and then one involves thousands of dollars in tickets, marijuana and a.
Speaker 2: Police officer, Oh, police officer, Okay, no question, all right.
Speaker 1: Cool. So in Orlando growing up, we have toll roads. And this is actually something that I wish Nashville would adopt because they can't do public transit. It's too far away and you can't. It's just they should have done this ten years ago and they didn't. So another way around this is you build freeways that are outside, on the outskirts of the city that will start from a place like let's say, for example, this a freeway could start from Franklin and like loop around or cut through and go to downtown or go to further north or whatever. But on this road they call it a toll Okay, cool, But and it's just it's just a toll road. We have the ones called four, seventeen four away, the B line, all these different ones, and you and throughout the entire I guess the entire time trying to someone how to explain this people who don't know. But like, you have your main freeway, like I four, its free, everyone drives on.
Speaker 2: You're basically on the highway that you have.
Speaker 1: To pay for it, and you can go faster like they have like the turnpike. You can go like eighty or ninety miles an hour. And it used to be back in the day you'd have to stop and pay with cash and change. And then over time they were building them to become ones where you would have like transponders in your vehicle and you can just roll right through it. Yes, and I was in it was in a transition phase, and I was living there of them doing construction, of building these new things that now exist where you just roll right through, and now they are almost becoming obsolete of the other side, which is where the change part is, where you would throw a change into a bucket or have a cash attendant and you give them the dollar and then they break it down whatever. So this is during the construction period and we were driving through and oh my god, this is even runs of another thing I used to do with my trucks. But this was before I had a truck. This is when I had a jeep, so I couldn't do it that one. The nugget on that one is I used to put my tailgate down and the cameras would cover it, would take pictures at an angle. And because of the way my tailgate was that would cover the license plate in the angle of the camera. They can never take a picture of my license plate. So I used to run through tolls for like years and never pay a toll.
Speaker 2: Oh Scuba years, bad citizen years.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, man, this is expensive and I can't afford it. But I need to take the toll road because I'm goun late to work because the toll road would cut through and it'd be it would save you fifteen twenty minutes. Sometimes it can save you like almost an hour if there's like gridlock and bad traffic on the freeway that people would have to not pay to be on. So, Nashville, you gotta have toll roads because you're too far gone from public transit and you won't accept it because you're too damn old. But you got to. You gotta do. You have to do this. If you don't do it, the city is going to crumble and fall apart, like la who didn't do toll roads. So anyways, starve with the tangent and complaining again as always.
Speaker 2: If Scuba always complains about this thing being very long.
Speaker 1: He is why I'm the fault. I'm the trouble.
Speaker 2: I'm just making sure we all know.
Speaker 1: Before we started, I told the guys, I was like, that will be there for seventeen hours, Like, because it's your fault. I'm like, I know, it's my fault. I'm sorry you a lunchwogs.
Speaker 2: Blame everybody else. I know you here in this talk, and I'm like, I just like you because I love it. But I'm like, is you guys? I know?
Speaker 1: But I at least will admit that I know it's me. People will never admit that. No, never, I'm bigger and better than that.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the story.
Speaker 1: So we're driving to Halloween Hornites, which is the universal Orlando and I lived in at the time winter spring. So you take a you don't have to take a toll road, but we took a toll rog because whantn't get there faster, and I did pay that at that point, I was paying the tolls because I am well, no, I wasn't paying the tolls. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, this is.
Speaker 1: A long time ago. This is pass tacher limitation. So I can't get in trouble. But oh I don't know. I'll just I'll just say it so I think I was running the tolls because I was going as it was, I was going faster than you're supposed to because when you when you approach no, I was paying tolls, sorry for all the back and forth. So as you approached the toll, you're supposed to drop the speed down at twenty five miles per hour. I was still going sixty, seventy whatever it was, and I quickly slowed down as I got to it. Well, it's a safety thing, and I was supposed to do that, And I guess i'd been doing it for about three or four tolls on the way to getting to Universal, and I think by the third one we were like, all right, we're about to We're about almost Universal. And we had just rolled a couple joints and put them in like my cigarette thing, Yeah, like sitting in there, and I was just about to pull one out and light it as we're driving by the way, Like we were so stupid. We were sixteen seventeen, and it was illegal in Florida. It was only a thing legal in California at this point, and our government but anyways, you should be driving and smoking or drinking or anything. Bad decision. And I was like, I mean milliseconds from going with the lighter and lighting up the joint, and all of a sudden, I look at my mirror. I was about to light it, and I see flashing blue lights and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And there's that moment where your heart literally has fallen out of your butt and you were about to pitch your pants. And I'm sixteen, and I'm so nervous, and I'm like, oh my god, we are so like we still have the on us. I haven't lit it up yet though, by still weeding the car, Like oh my god, Oh my god, my god, my god, my god, oh my god. And this is when I was about to go in a firefighting school. So I quickly put my stethoscope on the rear of your mirror because it was like one of those things where they saw that you worked in the medical industry.
Speaker 2: Scammer. You're a scammer. I know where the story is going, You scammer.
Speaker 1: So you like pull on like the hey, I'm one of you one day kind of thing, and so like I am, So you've ever been so nervous where you can't even speak like you you like you feel every beat in like the middle of your chest. Yeah, some it goes your butt. Your heart is in your chest. You can't breathe, no words are making almost like how we're not try to explain you what a toll road is, but even thousands of times worse, you can't speak yep. And the guy comes to the window and it's not like it's not a local officer. It is a Florida Highway patrol man. Where they were those you were seen where they wear those like smoky the bear hats, full blown, full blown like he is like like he could ruin your life forever. This is federal. This is this is like I guess the state federal.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's state, but they're like the like.
Speaker 1: The high of the high Oh yeah, it's not city, it's not county, it's not regional. It is state, like it's legit, Like you're one step away from FBI. And he pulls me over and I'm like, I saw the car. It's that brown car with a yellow one. I'm like, oh my god, I'm so f I'm like seventeen, Like I can't afford a ticket, and like what did I even I don't even know what I did wrong. I'm all word about it is. I had to weed my car and I was about to let up a joint, and I'm like, holy shit, crap. My friend Brent sitting next to me, and he is tripping balls and he was like, what does happening right now? Oh my god? And he's like, what do we do? Like we don't have to do, like we're not experienced, like we can and so I merely put the sethscoe sethus. I can't even that's a hardde Yeah, that's how you say it. Hey, hey, you said something right, miss Italian, pointing it out, pointing it out as she points to her stethoscope on the rearview mirror, like trying to think of all the things I can do to get out of this. I'm like, holy crap. First all, I know what I did. I'm like, oh my god, I weed the garl I got, I'm I got. He comes to the window. Hey man, he's like licensed restoration, Like, yeah, no problem, no problem, no problem, pull a licensed registration, give it to him. He goes, you know why I pulled you up right? I'm like, I have no idea, he goes. He goes, as you approach these uh, tolls, you get to slow down to twenty five. He goes, Plus, this is now a construction zone, so fines are tripled. Right now. I'm like, oh my god, I can't even like there's no way that can even afford the base ticket, let alone speeding into whatever zone it was called. Plus it's triple. It's like when you get a scratcher and it's like five times plus a bonus. But this is like in the negative side, like there's no bonus scratch you want the casscratch you want at all. Like this is like this is gonna be like in the thousands for sure. And Florida is one of those states where when you get a ticket, they tell you how much your ticket is. Okay, every state's different, like California, like they like, how much is the ticket? He's like, I don't know, dude. They'll let you know in the mail and you're like, oh great. And I think I think even Tennessee they have no idea what what the fees are. But in Florida it is a set freaking like it is like when you go to a menu, you know how much things are gonna cost and if you want additions and add ons you know how much is gonna cost. Florida's that way, they will tell you what your tickets are gonna be. So he goes hold on and be right back. And I and but as I'm going to grab my registration and everything, I like hit the tethoscope like like hit it and like oh like kind of like like like here it is like you know what this means, right like when this is on here, like this means I'm part of the crew and everything. And then I and like and I like have my Firefighting Academy shirt like visible on the back like everything was visible of like yo, dude, let me go, please, okay. And so he goes back to his car and he's gone for like five ten minutes because he's running the plate doing whatever he's got to do. And I wonder if someone in that system it shows that I'm in the fire Academy. No, so I wasn't seventeen. I think I must have been eighteen at the time. I wonder if he knew I was in the academy or something or whatever. And he comes back and he's like, well, good news, bad news, And I was like, what is it? And he goes he does one of those things like he sniffing, and I was like, oh shit, oh man, oh no. I was like, we're going to jail because the whole, the whole ten minutes. It may have only been like thirty seconds, but it felt like a f in lifetime. Me and my friend Brent are losing it. We're gonna go to jail, our lives are over, Like there's this is one of those stories where someone goes to jail for something stupid, their whole life falls apart, and that's a whole nother tangent or something dumb, like you didn't do really do anything wrong, but now you're on this path of like you can't recover. And I really feel bad for people who go to jail for dumb stuff like this, because then you're in jail forever and you're neighbor, never able to come out become a citizen that you should have been and could have been over something really dumb. Yeah, comes back to the car, he's like good news, bad news. He's like, you know, bad news. I'll start the bad news first. I'm like, and I'm about to cry this point, you can see the tears. I'm like I'm trying to hold the tears from rolling down. He's like, it's like, you know, bad news is you know this could have cost you I here could have and I'm like, oh, this could have cost you up to almost four thousand dollars. And I was like, oh my god. I'm like, my jeep isn't eve I think I bought this thing for fifteen hundred dollars. My ticket, this ticket is gonna be worth that. And I'm already said, he's but let me stop it, let me stop a relaxed on relactu Re actually goes, uh, what I noticed your your stethoscope, And all of a sudden he's like, you going to the academy, Like, yeah, I go to the academy some of the community college. And he's like, well, he goes, I really don't want to get in the way of you, you know, becoming a future first responder and da da da da da da. And he goes and you didn't seem like you understood and knew the rules and you may have not seen that sign back there that says slowed down for da da da da. It's like he's like, these may haves and could have should have maybe don't know, like he's putting in all like perspective of like like this kind of thing, and I'm just like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, probably, yeah definitely. He's like just stop stop talking. And I'm like, okay, all right. I'm like, he like goes through the whole thing, and this costs one thousand dollars, this is twelve hundred and da da da da da, And he's actually based on your speed, you could have I could have actually arrested you and da da da da, like going through all that could have wood haves and should haves and all these things. He's like, but I noticed that, and you seem like a really good kid. And where you guys headed to it. I was like, you know, we're going to Halloween Hornit. He goes, I love Halloween Hornonites. He goes, you know what, you guys have a good time. And I was like, I have no actual words that can come out at that point, felt like maybe I should arrest these guys. And he's like, he's like, you know you have you guys have a good time at Halloween Hornites. I'm like, all right, cool man, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I want to shake his hand and everything and he's like, he goes and hopefully you get to that academy and you make it all the way through and you make me proud.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh wow, he was having a life lesson day.
Speaker 1: He was like, and they may like now as a father myself too, he probably saw these two young kids like we were you clearly stupid teenagers, and he's like, these kids, I don't want to put him through the ringer for something so dumb. And he's probably like one of those really good.
Speaker 2: Cops, was like, rather a lesson, that's a good, that's a.
Speaker 1: Good would rather teach a good lesson than like ruin and end somebody's life who seems like a good kid trying to do something really good. And his friend and seems like a degenerated but maybe he's trying to influence this guy in a good way too.
Speaker 2: Did you learn your lesson?
Speaker 1: So we drive off.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me you didn't make this man proud. We drive off.
Speaker 1: I look at my friend. I'm like, when I hit that ship, scoom up.
Speaker 2: Bad, This poor sure is doing a good indeed and.
Speaker 1: A lesson, And I go, no, we shouldn't do that right now, Let's wait till we get to the parking garage at Universal Studios and Nimmle hit it. So I was responsible, and we smoked in the parking lot, which also is super legal. And I had a friend who did the same thing and got banned from Universal for life smoking the parking garage.
Speaker 2: What have we learned?
Speaker 1: We learned to smoke when you get to the destination, not in the car, okay, and read signs as you're driving.
Speaker 2: What else have we learned?
Speaker 1: Don't listen to your friends because he was going to tell me to spark up in that moment.
Speaker 2: Your pressure is bad. Pressure is bad doing anything they you shouldn't be while driving.
Speaker 1: Guess where did you learn from the story? Mortgan?
Speaker 2: So I should be asking you really going to not learn the lessons and make this man proud that he's supposed to peer pressure is bad. You can fight against it. Yeah, you should not be doing anything while driving of any kind of under any influence. You should also not be doing if you're going to operate a vehicle later in the evening.
Speaker 1: Well wears off after like seven hours. I'm also drinking while you're there too.
Speaker 2: Life lessons were learning he didn't, then we're learning him now I.
Speaker 1: Know you get your got four fingers up, got another one.
Speaker 2: Pay attention to the signs. Yes, yeah, yeah, while you're driving, always be cautious while driving. You should be a defensive driver. Yes, always, Yes, I have gotten better situation.
Speaker 1: It was one of those lessons where I did learn it over time, like, Okay, I should be cautious, I should be careful. I don't do this under that. But in the moment, I was like, let's celebrate with that joy.
Speaker 2: Dude. You're a young kid. Yes, you made your mistakes, but now we have to make him proud.
Speaker 1: Yes. I did make him proud because you have.
Speaker 2: You've gone and done some really awesome things. Yeah, and family, you're a great person.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, I mean him proud. I wish I remember his name because he was so awesome.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't think you want to because he may come back and be like, IL won't give.
Speaker 1: You that money back.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Well, speaking of first responders coming in at our number one spot, we did an interview with us MC Corporal Aaron Mankin. Yeah, and he's going to be the guy we're building a home for. Through building Homes for Heroes, the New Patriotic pimp and joy Line. By the time you're listening to it, it's on sale, like it's already up and whatever's not sold out, go buy and go do it to help us build this guy home. But this interview was so awesome to hear from him. He's just he's so well spoken about everything that's gone, yeah, ever happened in his life.
Speaker 1: He's a public speaker too. He goes around doing the circuit and talking to people and sharing a story, which is incredible.
Speaker 2: And he was so just so good at sharing everything that's happened his life. And when we told him this news, he was just blown away and super emotional, which made all of us super emotional listening to it. So go buy like all the patriotic him enjoy things. If you get them asap, you'll have them in time for Fourth of July, which is perfect. You'll have some patriotic things to wear. You're helping a good cause, this really awesome person. So yeah, go do all of that take over and buy one for everybody in the family.
Speaker 1: And when Bobby tells him, because it was on Zoom, so I could see it on my screen because I'm the host of the Zoom and so all I see is him, and Bobby tells him and he's like immediately, I'm like, I'm like, oh my god. It was just like it was heart ranging to see something like that who has been through so much and it's trying to again teach a lesson to other people about other things and living your life and enjoying it. And he is just like a hard Marines are tough. They go through the toughest basic training. Not putting other ones down, but they go through a really tough basic training and they're just a different kind of human being to be able to go through what they do on the first line of defense in the military. And I was just like, wow, this guy who's so tough and rough is like breaking down over this news. And it was just really hard to see, but also good to see because you're like, wow, Okay, no matter how tough you are, like you know, you still feel emotions, which, by the way, with my vasectomy, with some of these guys who are like I went back to work the next day, I went back to work. Immediately, I went and I shot a bear, I skunned, I skinned it, I fed to my family, I made sweet loved under the moonlight and then I went back to work. I didn't feel a damn thing. It's like, if you, dude, tell me you felt some pain, be a man, and really it's more manly to tell me that you felt emotions and pain than it is for you to be like, I don't feel a thing.
Speaker 2: That is true. It's also true that some people may not have because everybody's body is different. I know you're feeling a little bitter, it's even hurting for a week.
Speaker 1: Bull crab, Like you tell me you don't feel anything from a very sensitive region.
Speaker 2: To your point that we should be able to feel our emotions. Also, we all have different bodies, so we do. It's possible some had it.
Speaker 1: Highly doubt it.
Speaker 2: Some people have very high pain tolerance. Sure, I don't like I commit that by myself. I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I usually do too. But this was a pain in the region that you don't. That's only experience.
Speaker 2: That's okay. That's been your experience. Those are your feelings, your emotions, and that is okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So back to corporal Aaron making He's awesome.
Speaker 2: He is awesome, and go like support this Pimp and Joy line. It's really cool. Pimp and Joy y'all. It's a it's a brand we haven't done before, and it's super pretty and cute and you'll love all the things for your kids, your dad's, your wives, your husband, if.
Speaker 1: Ever's that sweatshirt. Those are rad looking.
Speaker 2: The white washing can flag, Yeah yeah, those are fun. Like Abercombie and Fitch, like back in the day, go to Africomie and Fitch and they're high quality. They're super comfy. We got hats and everything. So go do this for Aaron Mankin because he and his family totally deserve it. So that's our number one spot, Scuba. This is so much longer than we planned, but you know what, it's your fault. You've broken into songs three times now. It is a musical.
Speaker 1: There could be like ten other ones that Like when you said things, I have refrained and held back, so I won't do that to you.
Speaker 2: You can do it next time and we're gonna call it the best Bits musical.
Speaker 1: Okay. Cool?
Speaker 2: You know, like when you and everything breaks out the songs I ever thing is.
Speaker 1: And everyone knows the lyrics together and they don't know each other in real life, but all of a sudden, now they know the dance routine and the song. Okay, I do.
Speaker 2: I do that with Remy and Hazel anytime, Like, anytime I'm brushing Remy, I start singing or a song. I make up a song for her and I'm like singing as I'm brushing her. She's like, she's probably sitting there like this crazy, and I'm like, Rey is a good girl. And I literally sound like I'm from Elf right when he makes.
Speaker 1: In that tone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what you remind me of right now.
Speaker 1: And everyone went at the ring camera watching you from the ring camera, what you're doing probably probably you know what.
Speaker 2: It's okay, Yeah, it's fine, and my phone sees everything anyway.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, the front camera and this thing when people are like, I don't want big brother watching me or following me, So I don't you have an iPhone right or a phone? Then it's too late. It is too late, So everything you've said goes out the window.
Speaker 2: iPhone? Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Hear you?
Speaker 2: Listen to you? I don't know. Whatever you want to share with them, whatever you want to self promote, give it to me right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to self promote my script that I'm working on kind of just kidding. You can just follow me in the same place that you always don't follow me at. It's at Scuba Steve Radio and Instagram and Twitter, S C U, B A, S t v R.
Speaker 2: I d O. Every time people spell it hurts my brain. I am out with girl Morgan and all the things. Like I said, there's a real from the celebrity softball game that's up. If you are listening, do this for me. You're listening to the best bits right now. I want to know how many of it translates.
Speaker 1: I want to know, my lovely, where do you? Where do you have formed up for the next one? Where do you go? Oh? You know the song? Right though?
Speaker 2: Oh? Where do you go?
Speaker 1: Boom boom bum?
Speaker 2: Because joining me, I'm not because.
Speaker 1: You don't know that song? Where do you go? Hat away? Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why I could have joined in on the musical h on this celebrity softball game. My the reel that I posted. Post a micro microphone and comment the song you want Scuba to see?
Speaker 1: How do you do this? Say it one more time?
Speaker 2: You missed the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I think I'm looking for highway right now.
Speaker 2: I have a real celebrity softball game. Okay, and it's awesome, and you can go comment on that if you want to. But if you're listening to this right now, okay, and this is how I'm going to find out what translates.
Speaker 1: It's like instant feedback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want you to go over there and put a microphone and put the song that you want scow to sing best Bits music.
Speaker 1: I just go to that particular reel, put a microphone, and then the song I.
Speaker 2: Can translate, or you can just go comment that's cool too, I'll accept that, but like this is how or you can DM me it too. I'm just trying to get real time feedback, okay for the best bits musical and so I can just throw a bunch of songs that you randomly create the best bits musical.
Speaker 1: Okay, core, but we could do that, but I also like it where oh I could try to find ways to work it into our conversation saying you get like.
Speaker 2: A list and I'm like yeah, because then it makes it interactive and then people are listening for their song. You guys are seeing some inside baseball of how my brain works. It is.
Speaker 1: Can you tell our friend is going on TV? You're like, hey, try to work in the word kum quat. Yeah, and only mean you and I will to know that.
Speaker 2: Exactly cool, And I was like, why did he just take and see? Okay? Well, also go follow the show at Bobby Bone Show and all the things, and of course the BET's best bits just the bits, that's the other one that you can go listen to hear all the bits. Yeah, that's all I have for today because my ego has been bruised this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah it really has. Yah, but it shouldn't be though it's not.
Speaker 2: But I just had to say it, you know, get it out to close the bow. I like to get all my feelings out and then once they're out, I'll move on.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 2: So now it's the best bits in So did my feelings in this particular area. Now I move on with my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. Yeah Forrey Taylor Swift the view eras.
Speaker 2: The best bit era we're in right now. All right, everybody have a great weekend, Skiba, thanks for joining me. Of course, thank you for hold this nice therapy, said our forty two goodbye everybody. Show