Speaker 1: I don't want to ask your question real Q.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep it real straight shye with no chasing, I'm gonna get a little bit rough. I'm here for it. Those who really believed in the American process, all of us street.
Speaker 3: Shot no chase with your girl tests on figure Out on the Black Effect podcast Network work. But it's your Girl Test on figure Out five years on the Black Effect podcast Network. That stuff lives forever. Guys go back and listen to some of those episodes. A lot of people that I've interviewed with, sat down with, but just a lot of content, a lot of real time stuff that I covered in real time. And it's always interesting because every quarter I get to see I could go in anytime, but they really gather before me every quarter, and I get to see what episodes do really well, and some of them are really old, like when people go back in and listen to something again, and I always find that need. And what I love about the podcast podcast Space because it just really is an audio file that sits there forever, which means I got to stand by everything I say because it's absolutely lives forever. But thankful to have the opportunity. Thank you to have the content. I'm gonna bump bump that back up. I mentioned it on another episode, but I'm gonna mention it again that I think I'm going to share those of the episodes that I did for the people in prison. That'd be a nice little, you know, one to kind of bump back up to tell people, hey, in case you miss it, because that's some good evergreen content. What I mean by evergreen guys means that it's you know, it's always relatable forever, it's always current, it's not dated, And I think I want to bump that back up to tell people to go check out those ten episodes because it was just really just a good body of work, you know, for anybody that's coming home or just got home or.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is. It really is good body work.
Speaker 3: We had uh correctional officer, a spiritual advisor, a mental health professional, a couple of people that went to prison, came home, did some other things. But I'm really really proud of their work. I believe it was ten episodes. So I think I'm going to push that out just so people, can, you know, just bump that up and just send it to somebody that you may know needed so guys, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on Black Effect as five people, ten people. Really, let's get the numbers up. Let's close out strong this year. But I want to thank you for being here and being so committed to the podcast. I really really appreciate it. We grow slow, but we grow strong. When we lock people in, they get locked in and I love that because that is sustainable. So thank you, guys, to everybody, Thank you Marcellus for being here again with me. I want to just give a couple of again I always.
Speaker 2: Got to do.
Speaker 3: And I know y'all say, dang, you just do it all the time. Well, because everybody don't listen every week. You should, but everybody on't listen every week. So I got to do a reminder. First class, June fourteenth, First class on the Push the Line Program by of course program Course one, Rules and Responsibilities for Candidate's campaign workers, organizing activists two pm Eastern Standard time. Go to Telifigo dot com and roll in the class fifty bucks. Look at it as two hours for a live class with me and course materials, So look at it like twenty five dollars an hour, but certainly could be more than that because it's actually an actual course. It's easily worth a couple of hundred dollars, you know, period, just because it just is question.
Speaker 1: Since we're talking about the training, do you do any mock classes like how you did my exercise?
Speaker 2: I should say, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I always do those, and those are always fun, depending on what it is when I get into like when you came to the train in twenty twenty two, and sometime I'll say, you know, let's do a quick little exercise on how I can take any word and make it a public policy and things like that. So yeah, I do that. I do a lot of when people ask questions, like we do on this podcast. When you ask a question, I'll do a.
Speaker 2: Scenario or I'll do a you know, something relatable.
Speaker 3: It really just depends if it's something I'm gonna do whatever I need to pull out my hat to make it make sense. That might be pulling somebody up in the class to ask something. It might be an example, it might be a demonstration. It might be whatever it is, whatever it is to get you to land. And you guys know, I'm always asking you put a five in the chat if it's making sense. Put a five inn thee chat. You know, I'm saying that because I need to know, you know, is it making sense? Is are you getting what are we missing? That's what I mean when I say interactive. It's an interactive class. Not everybody will say something in the class. Everybody don't need to say nothing. We don't need to you know, in bombarding with a million questions. But when you have in front of a live audience in that way and people are hitting five and thumbs up and things like that, that let me know what I need to slow down on and what I need to you know, go back and repeat. And so if somebody's missing a point, then yes, But to answer a question on like straight up demonstrations, that is actually a part of my conflict resolution class because you get to see me resolve a conflict between two people in real time. But that is a specialty. Let's call it an elective class that you would get once we get done with these cores. So electives are coming. That's the stuff that many of you probably just like skip past the basis, which that's a problem if you're saying that. But I know some of y'all out there, But if you take the basics and then rock with me on the electives. You're gonna find the electors are going to be much more rewarding and make more sense because you already have an understanding. It's just like if you take a college course and you take intro to something you know, or you take pre law courses. When you go to law school, it's supposed to be easier because you took pre law. So those building block foundation you know, uh, concepts and principles, it's gonna make it a lot simpler when we get into the electors, and the electors will be you know, like a webinar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was making it go ahead now.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say what you're saying is shoot because when I went when I went to school, uh for business, I remember, we had a word process in class and an advanced word process, and my young self, I skipped straight on to advance.
Speaker 2: Right about right right now. I don't know, we got nothing to do with your self. I just said that, Martrella. I just think that's how Marcella's get out because he do it. Now you want to straight to the straight to it, And was like.
Speaker 1: Why don't you skip right to advance? I said, I've been doing Microsoft Words since I've been a young boy. I don't need the basis. It's so easy for me. So I end up taking advanced wording.
Speaker 2: But walking the way through whatever you thought you know, you didn't.
Speaker 1: I'd asked it, but I was so mad. I was one point away from a B I ain't up taking the course over and he was like, why did you take it up? I said, I don't do.
Speaker 2: C Definitely did you? It definitely did you. Whether you don't get you and see, that's a great point you bring on ourselves.
Speaker 3: This is why I tell people, that's a great exce point you brought up. Even if you think you know about politics, even if you I have candidates that come to my class, have people who have been elected in my class, You're going to get a different point of view. It's not about me knowing everything. It is a different point of view that you probably have not heard before that you like, Oh okay, I didn't look at that way. Let me put in my tool box. I went round and around with Commissioner Hill the other day, yelling and screaming. Were back to yelling and screaming on the phone because she want to Regina listen listen, listen, I'm telling you know, she know it all.
Speaker 2: No, it wrong.
Speaker 3: You can't tell this can it's nothing? That's one Okay, I see what you're saying. Why did you make me have to fight you to get that out?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So even if you think and we were talking about how to talk about specific policy, not just she's very good with emotion, and you know, we don't need a blueprint. We are the blueprint. You know, real good with that type of stuff. But you need to attach on it. I'm giving your real time advice. Attach on we are the blueprint. For example, our past policy eight nine six y two that said now we can have affordable housing under thirty five that you know, that type of give people the meat right to me thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Have to get that to her. I know what she's saying. You saying, No, you ain't listen.
Speaker 3: You know, so you still got to attach the detail, not just the words that touch people, especially when you got the receipts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So those are the things that you learn.
Speaker 3: Even if you think you know everything about microsoftware, there's something that you did not know. And I remember taking the word class. You know enough to get around word. Yeah, the type to do this or the basic insert format. There's all types of tricks and stuff on words that people use it on you. You don't use it, so you're not familiar with it. So people and hit on another training tip.
Speaker 2: Guys. This is how this is the type of training. I'm just trying to show you how this shows up in regular life.
Speaker 3: When people say, well, I ain't never seen nobody to do X y Z, Well, just because you ain't never seen it, don't mean it don't exist.
Speaker 2: Right, People really think that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they love throwing out stat bitty percent of people gonna say fifty percent of what people?
Speaker 2: Where'd you get this poll?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 3: I know, okay, based on who your cousins. Let's based on your circle. And then have you actually taken a poll to see are you just saying it? There is a class? These are one of the electors, guys. It's so many electors. I can do Marcella's, but it's gonna be based on like what y'all want.
Speaker 2: But there's an elect that I do.
Speaker 3: I got polls in different area codes, and I'm talking about polls things like that. Y'all love bringing up pole y'all just makeup shit that shit hated y'all love syentages on social media. Majority of people this, ninety percent of people gonna do this, eighty percent of women gonna do this, or y'all go in the opposite direction. All women do this, all men do this. I ain't never seen a woman who didn't do this. Okay, let's unpack that. You've never seen a woman, which means what through your lens. So that means out of your mother, your whatever, you don't know forty three million women. You only know a few hundred, maybe a thousand, and even out of the few hundred you know, you only know what they present. You don't know them totally in completely. You only know what they show you. That's including your mama. Have you ever heard somebody say I never saw my mama cry?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Do you think that woman never cried? Are you just ain't right?
Speaker 1: Just ain't never seen it.
Speaker 3: So just because you ain't seen it, don't mean it don't exist. That's when people really get caught up. I tell people all the time, just you don't see me complaining or stressed or saying I'm trying to figure out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Don't mean I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's actually at the top of my mind all the time. I just don't cry about it. Why about it? I figure it out.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. So if you was, I gotta because I kind of know the answer, but I'm gonna ask anyway. So if you was, if you was a professor at the school, right, and I'm this is a real example. So that class was just talking about that advanced WORDE. I got a seventy nine point nine and I begged that man, can you just give it at one point so I can go ahead and get the BD.
Speaker 2: That sounds like you now with me. You don't give it what I just want to give you. This all makes sense though.
Speaker 3: I love when you tell on yourself because now it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Now I can.
Speaker 1: But I worked so hard, he said, Yeah, I seen that hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did what hard work resulted? And seventy nine? Now why wouldn't you say? Can I get extra credit?
Speaker 2: Can I do? Did you ask that? Or you just want somebody to give it to you now?
Speaker 1: Because I already had a I already had a B. But when I took that finally it dropped.
Speaker 3: They didn't have no okay, so you won't do you actually know what you're talking about turning in them well prepared homework, and they don't hit the same with the test.
Speaker 2: That's why people say, you ain't got to go to college to learn nothing.
Speaker 3: You can just read at home. Right, you can read at home and read and re read. But let's put that test in front of you to see if you actually.
Speaker 1: And I passed. I passed my final, but it was a sequen. You know, I gotta see on my final.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for some reason, you did.
Speaker 1: Find that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Why is it crazy? Because you're actually supposed to know and you don't want You didn't want them to You didn't want them to actually know if you knew, You don't want them to confirm if you knew it. That's crazy. Has to be one hundred percent. It is in law school.
Speaker 3: Another reason why you don't need to go. You be in a shock and lost. That's what it is in law school. One final at the end, ain't no harmework. You're gonna get tested on this and that's that.
Speaker 1: Oh and speaking that I just I told my friend was like, because her daughter went to law school, and I said, do you know, I just found out you got to compete to go to law school and She was like, no, you don't, and I was like, yes you do. So she has her daughter and her dog was like hell yeah, you got to compete. I had work hard for this.
Speaker 2: What you mean, let no mama know because all y'all gonna know with me, you don't know. And then going back to the final when I remember when I told you that, what oh just one final?
Speaker 3: Yeah you know you actually know? That's like the bar one test and it ain't turning in homework and then taking the test and letting it balance out. Guess what the real world about? One hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I know?
Speaker 1: I think I was the most shot where you said you don't get no what is it? Progress report? And nothing like that, none of that.
Speaker 3: No, they want you to actually know, y'all. Don't see Marcella's face. He's so confused. He's so confused. We're in such a world where mothers ain't got to know nothing. This is why he's confused, y'all.
Speaker 2: This is a person. I love Marcel's ask question because it really shows us where we are as a society.
Speaker 3: Marcella's want to live in a world where I'm able to balance it out and do extra homework, and don't worry about asking me if I know it. Let me just you know, write it out, chat GPT it out and write and assignment and use my open book.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be tested with the book clothes because then I'm you have to know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: At least have a I mean all the classes I took you you had to have a min turns out, but.
Speaker 3: Not to congratulate welcome home. All the classes you took ain't in law school.
Speaker 1: That's the difference.
Speaker 2: Why I last school there boy ain't getting That's what.
Speaker 1: But see when you took the mid turns out, if you didn't pass, the professor will tell you, hey, you might well go ahead and we'll drive a because you get rid like that.
Speaker 2: In law school you find out about what drawing at that final because don't go ahead and withdraw you.
Speaker 3: You don't get no no, no heads up. You don't get a heads up. Why you think of turning so cocky and ship about that ship you're gonna You don't.
Speaker 2: Get no heads up. For those of y'all that want heads up, go get your bachelor's. You want hands up, go get your back. If you want fifty percent and still complain fifty percent.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. It should only be ten percent. Get your hand's gonna be pushed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree you should be pushed, but you don't think that should be They should be trying to help you become a better turney and said, Okay, by mid point, we need to see where you at.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go with the help.
Speaker 3: See that's kind of like in the middle of this. No, you're gonna see where you're at when it's you need to be here.
Speaker 2: By the end of the semester. That's what it is. Nobody's handwhileed this ain't the union, the union a perfect play like you said, you're calling you're calling as a union because ain't nobody helping you nothing. That ain't training you.
Speaker 3: See, that's difference between training like I trained me and I should look this up the other day because we learned. The difference between teaching and training. Teaching is just giving you broad information and testing you on the end. Training is when you say, yeah, but you know, help and help me get there and help if you got a good teacher, that a good trainer hopefully, but tandada, I don't have to train you. See, I'm training you Marcella's like, what I'm doing is training, allowing room for growth, to saying okay, this is where you are get better. Here, do this, do that?
Speaker 2: Da da that.
Speaker 3: I love being a trainer, but see law school ain't training you. This is the information and you either train your down self and know the information and do what we told you, which is read three to eight hours a week of per class.
Speaker 2: Are you fail, you get out.
Speaker 3: This is for the top percent, not always the smartest, but the ones who work the hardest. That's it, that's all. And if you don't want to do that, you will not be in this class. And you down show IVY League, Harvard and all of that shit.
Speaker 2: It's even work. What you mean train you to? Want you to get better? What do you want you to get better?
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying, not change you. I'm saying for you to be the best.
Speaker 2: But that's no, I'm telling you train. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be the best because you're gonna figure out how to be the best. The feedback is the final exam. That's the feedback. You really struggling with that, ain't you? They don't see y'all your face, but y'all he's struggling with it.
Speaker 1: What is and that's all? What if you're not you not a good test taker, but you're what you do.
Speaker 3: When you're not gonna be a good attorney, that means you're not gonna be able to take the bar. This is not for you. Go do something that don't require you being a good test taker. We're not adjusting the test for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's military, for sure.
Speaker 2: They yeah, I forget. Yeah, go do something else. That's why you can go do something else.
Speaker 3: Go be at the union, you know, write up multiple multiple times and.
Speaker 2: Then right out the game. And oh, I'll give you a warning. But she didn't give me no warning.
Speaker 3: If I take your ass, your liberal ass and all your liberal friends and stay in the UN and he don't want over here. We're not getting no heads up, waiting progress support, padding nobody on the back.
Speaker 2: We ain't gonna know I'm learning, get it or you don't. If you don't, we're gonna put you back where your ass belongs, which is in the Union. But you're gonna see him freeing because only the few, a few good men can put that best dressed marine on the rest assured. Whenever you see a marine.
Speaker 3: You better know they the top dog or the top dog. And I'm saying that as an Air Force veteran. When you see a marine, know that everything Marcella's is own. They ain't on none of that type of time. No, none of that type of time. You you we only want the few that you know what I mean, say the fuel, the proud, the Marines, they mean that. The rest of y'all go in the Navy because from a physical standpoint, it's Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines. Whatch you can't do in the army what you slid and wasn't didn't have to do an army, You're gonna do it in the Marines. And then you even got higher than that.
Speaker 2: When you talk about pair of rescue, pair of rescue in the Air Force is the navy seal version for the Navies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we ain't playing with you. This is a what we ain't got time to be. No, we're gonna put your ass where you blow everything.
Speaker 2: Ain't everybody Marines really.
Speaker 3: Do mean we ain't the same. That's why Chris, the one that was sitting up feeling sorry for you talking about how hard he working, girl, I know you fucking lie and you setting him up like that.
Speaker 2: You wasn't going, boy know that shit so white. I don't want to give Marcella can drum. You sure you're a marine? Don't believe it. I don't believe. Some main't add up. You have to talk for something, some may't add up. Not no marine, man.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be a marine, but I couldn't tape in even though I was really small. Your waists, your arms, your neck, all that you gotta be in. And I've never been like patite patiitue.
Speaker 2: You know. I was small, like a five of see you know.
Speaker 3: Small obviously not small enough because Marines you gotta take a certain way and measure out a certain way because.
Speaker 2: It is so physically demanding. Demanding.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, I think I don't know, because now I'm telling that about that law school. I want to do it, just just to say, just as I want to test it out.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well great.
Speaker 3: Well the first thing I would suggest you do is master things like I know I got to put up a step and repeat at an event, and I should prepare ahead of time. Those are the things that law school is all about preparing. So based on your midterm example testing, you'll be struggling. You will be struggling. So it's all about prepare. I told you with the class Marcella's why didn't you go look around? Oh I'm doing it now?
Speaker 2: Why you didn't do it the moment, the moment I put you in, you should have been rushing over there. Let me make sure I'm on point, because I know everybody be asking me questions, so I'll make sure I'm on point. No not, Marcellis said, you're gonna do a day up like you did with the step repete day up.
Speaker 3: Day in law school don't work like that, baby, So you better tighten up all of that because you won't be testing it out because you won't get past the l SAT to test it out, which is a test you have to prepare for to get in law school, and preparing for the test is not learning information.
Speaker 2: It's learning how to take a test.
Speaker 1: Like open so is like written questions or is like multiple choice?
Speaker 3: Well it's a multiple choice, but it is information they give you and teaching you how to take tests, meaning it's fair across the board. It's not any information that you can prepare for. It's not ask you about laws or history or things like that the l SAT is testing you on how to how to think. So if it's saying reincomprehension is giving you a passage that you have to find the information in that passage. It's not common knowledge that you can just you know that you know.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: But actual law school don't work like that. Like, for example, when I take contracts or property or torts, I'm very familiar with those things, so I have a little bit of an advantage, but not really. This is where people make a mistake too, because people that's been working in a law firm pair of legals, they think they don't have to they can just go to law school and oh, I've already been doing it and.
Speaker 2: I can just skate through it just like you did with words.
Speaker 1: You thought.
Speaker 2: You ain't been doing it the way your thoughts were doing it.
Speaker 3: Well, it don't work that way in law school. You're gonna they're gonna humble you real quick. So a lot of people just like, oh, I already know I do this. No, you might be familiar, you know with constitutional constitutional law, may be familiar with contracts, may be familiar with all of that. But law schools teach you how to think and it's not. And so these are information we're giving you. Yes, why you're learning laws and some of that may you know, you may have an advantage.
Speaker 2: You can't sit back and.
Speaker 3: Be like, oh yeah, I just know yeah, because you'll get humble real quick on them tests.
Speaker 1: You know, I've never heard nobody to talk about uh that L said, like you know, and being hard. I always just hear people say, oh, the Barns is too too hard.
Speaker 2: Tell about people that are thinking about going to law school already took.
Speaker 1: No people like no, people who are already went to law school and just.
Speaker 3: Well because they got past the L said, why would they be talking about the EL said, they they got in law school. They you know, you weren't asking them questions like you're asking me, so what need to talk about?
Speaker 2: They talk about what's relevant to them, which is the bar.
Speaker 3: If you ask them, hey, taking me back today one, you know, then you'll hear those things. Which is why schools have a certain score that they want you to get on the l SAT because they say that's an indication in that gives them uh an idea of if you can pass the bar, even though the bar is actually on laws and all of that it's still test taking skills. It's still okay, are you gonna struggle in law school? Because we're not gonna be giving you all of this. You're either gonna get it or you ain't gonna get Now again, you can go to office hours and ask professors to study among each other. You know, it's not like you don't get no help. I don't want to make it saying like you don't get no help. I'm just saying, it's not like. It's not like a bachelor's you know, our master's giving papers every week and this way that and that way that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not like that. You're tested on the knowledge and that's it.
Speaker 3: So getting behind is no option, you know what I mean, Like day one. That's why I'm saying, with these courses, we got to get that on that way. You know, let me knock that on out the way because when school starts that of course.
Speaker 2: You know, I can spend two hours to do a course.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not a big deal, but I still want to make sure my focus is on what it needs to be on.
Speaker 2: That's why I waited, you know, jay to go to school all of that.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not rich, I'm not dirt poor, but I can at least you know, I know I can pay my bills for the first four months, you know, so I don't have to stress with that, so I can really focus because all those things pull you out of focus. We can't focus your anxiety high you're trying to wear about to pay bills, trying dis that all of that. That's why, guys, hey, when you support me, know that you are absolutely supporting the bigger calls. You're absolutely supporting the bigger calls. Because I'm self employed. I don't been over backwards.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't sell my soul. I don't sell us out, so I have to hustle to get it. I got to hustle to get it and it and it goes to compensate. I have to pay for law school.
Speaker 1: And I know when you're ready to close. But I want to ask you, so with law school, is it so? Is it true that with law school, you know, it's not a separation between civil and and criminal. It's just one school.
Speaker 2: I mean separation what students.
Speaker 1: No meaning like because I want to send somebody told me.
Speaker 3: Like that you learn you tap into all of that. If that's what you're asking, oh, you do both, You're not really doing both. You're learning this is civil procedure, this is criminal. It's almost like you get a touch of everything. But in your third year you can start taking or even in second maybe the third year you can start taking more classes and kind of like what you want to concentrate in.
Speaker 2: If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that's what I was trying to get to.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but you are getting a piece of it all.
Speaker 3: Okay, And that's why first year is so critical, Like you said, your foundations, you know, and then year two ease up a little bit, and your three they say, people really say your three is just another way of getting money. At that point, you done already kind of mestered it. Now I'm part time, so I'm four years unless I can double up or you know, add on. But I'm taking my time. I'm not in a major rush to get my JD. It's just I wanted to start it, you know, so I could finish it, you know what I mean. If I'm not a it's not like it's holding up something for me or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I know what I'm gonna do with it, but I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to crash out and try to take you know, and flunk out, you know, because I still work full time. You know, so part time is really for people that you know work full time, and even part time, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's very demanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did, I remember I did? I know law school with way more intent. I did five. I had to work and I did five classes. At the time, I was trying to rush to get through it, which I never failed. That was a good thing, but at one sea I was mad about that.
Speaker 2: School.
Speaker 3: Definitely ain't that you cannot work full time and have a full time load in law school.
Speaker 2: You will fail put yes, Marcella's, but how.
Speaker 1: You go I don't know.
Speaker 3: It ain't the bachelor's baby, it's not your bachelor's and.
Speaker 1: I know that. What I'm saying, how can you really survive part time in school at the same time.
Speaker 2: You're figuring it out on loans, grants, maybe parents, maybe part time, maybor part time something, but not work full time and go to school full time.
Speaker 3: And most people for the first year you're not working. But you gotta think about what the first year really is. You're talking about September to December and then January to make you know what I mean, if you think about it that way and not think about January to December, you know, twelve months, you're really just like, Okay, how can I get through these first four month?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Then after that, get through these first four you know.
Speaker 3: Then after that the summertime people start getting internships, and your second is lighter. You can do part time work then and you know, all of that, it gets lighter. But it's really just look at it like that first nine months. You gotta buckle down, so you scratching and surviving roommates, all the stuff you ain't willing to do, all the stuff you ain't willing to do.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a lot of sacrifice, right.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 3: In America five percent attorneys who are black, that's why they don't want to make the sacrifice.
Speaker 1: They want money off front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why that's right.
Speaker 3: Even with the JD you gonna this, this is my taste changing now just with the admission it's shaw changing right now.
Speaker 2: Everything about the training.
Speaker 3: You want to hear me, you better listen to this uh podcast or come to my training.
Speaker 2: These ig lives all of that got stopped.
Speaker 1: At you attorney that that okay, Well, I get the money when you when you win the case.
Speaker 3: No, because those are personal injury attorneys that do that. I'm doing criminal. That's them. If you've been injured in an accident, you don't alwe it's nothing. I'm not doing that. I'm doing criminal.
Speaker 2: So you gotta pay it off.
Speaker 1: How does that work if? Because most likely if you in jail.
Speaker 2: Do with nobody. What you mean how that work? How criminals pay for their lawyers?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Marcelli's they friends, they money they had before. You don't think nobody's paying for Laurier in jail? Come home?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'm just looking at my I guess my brother situation because he.
Speaker 3: Had Yeah, he get the public defender. I'm not a public defender. I won't be a public defender the public. The court will assign you somebody, but you gotta want to be a public I'm not a public defender.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Now? I know some people can't affect that. I just I don't know. I was just thinking that most people probably can't afford. No criminal turns out to.
Speaker 3: Gain a public defender. The court will get let me say it again. The court will appointed attorney. The state pays for the attorney's salary, but ain't.
Speaker 1: Those ones, So you just to make you take those pleas and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why you better have something.
Speaker 3: That's why jujiticalism is set up for people with money, because the public defender got a thousand cases of people that ain't got money. And yes it's heavy on plea bargains to hurry up and move the case along. You want Johnny Cochran, you better have money. I'm gonna be at Johnny cochran level public perception outside the court, media inside the court.
Speaker 2: I'm not no public defender, you gotta I'm just gonna do something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what do you mean, how do you expect the bills to be paid ourselves? If everybody like your brother don't have it, how are my bill's gonna get paid.
Speaker 1: That's one of these one. I thought they probably was like the lowest paid attorneys.
Speaker 2: They are the lowest paid, but they're paid by the state or some people.
Speaker 3: Some attorneys you know, won't charge most I'm we're talking about me.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about me now, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: The simple Attorneys are they're suing somebody personal injury. Turn they're suing somebody so they can say, Okay, I'm gonna take this case. I know i'm gonna get something. You know I'll get it. On the back end, criminals don't have nothing to do with suing nobody. You gotta be paid for my work. Gott to be paid to foult these cases. Got to be paid to foult these motions. You understand what I'm saying. So where's the money coming from. I'm not suing somebody. Criminal is getting your ass out of jail. Then after that you can go to being crump and sue. You know, you get you off criminal. Now let me go sue whoever there was for liability.
Speaker 2: But criminal is criminal. That's it.
Speaker 3: A real estate attorney that ain't suing nobody got a paid real estate attorney, commercial attorney, corporate attorney, many other attorneys besides civil you know personal injury. Corporate attorneys are the highest paid. I just gonna I'm not interested in corporate law.
Speaker 1: Corporates are the highest.
Speaker 3: Go watch a show called suits Very good. Yeah, because you represent Microsoft doing mergers and deals and you know all of that. Those are the highest paid attorneys. Those are the ones where people go to Harvard and you know, yell those people like I'm I'm getting incorporate law. You know, like some law firms won't even take you, you know, I you know, because they're dealing with big clients.
Speaker 2: That's where the money's.
Speaker 1: At, so they do look at what school. I thought they just care about laws, pass the bar, you know, I ain't think they care about what's school on.
Speaker 3: Marcella's the soul law shall I'm wiring you if you're going to be hired, I'm not going to be hired. So that's it depends. I'm not I'm my big age. It's just a credential for me. If I want to work for a law firm, I could just go work with being Crump or many of my attorney friends who have like you know, the partner up. And really all that means is you work with a law firm and they say you need to bring us two hundred billable hours, and you just go find the hours, you go find the money. You know, That's what that is basically, and the law firm you're chip you're chipping in, you know, basically, like I always say, a stack, you know, we're chipping in resources together. So we got two pair of legals for everybody, you know, or one investigator for everybody. Okay, you're you. You need to bring us one hundred hours a month in billying. You bring us you know that's really all that is. M bring the money in. See, if I did you like a law firm, I wouldn't have you. You and Jay wouldn't be here. You all have to bring it in like a law firm.
Speaker 2: You got to pay, you pay your way.
Speaker 3: You won't be sitting up in no law firm if you ain't bringing in no money. It ain't getting enough then and be like y'all do that entry that help?
Speaker 2: No, you got bringing the money?
Speaker 1: Bring in the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta bring it in or you won't be a part of the law Firm's that simple. You're gonna work and depending on your own and you know every now and then, you know, don't you don't have to have an office you can do dw I cases or you don't get a really cheap office or do you know, depending on what you want to do. But law firms, yes, you have to be accountable for the hours you bring. You bring in absolutely are you will I be a part of the law firm.
Speaker 2: You are dead weight.
Speaker 3: And guess what, that's how the real word work.
Speaker 2: Like you real blessed.
Speaker 3: So I'm just telling you, like I pay paid my staff part time, part time to do the task y'all do. But in the real world, in corporate or whatever. That's why I tell you it's not just me paying you to do administrative work. Don't work like that. You know, you gotta bring in something to the table too. You gotta kill something every now and then. That's the rules, guys. And I'm gonna close this out, but that is the rule to being sustainable in anything. Kill something every now and then to bring to the table. Don't ever just sit back and just do a task. It could be a very important task. But when when stuff going, budgets get cut, right now, what we're going through when people don't have it, people like, hey, marselves, I love that you helped me, but I just can't afford to pay you, so I'm gonna have to pick them up two three months.
Speaker 2: I've done that before.
Speaker 3: It Okay, I'm gonna need two three month break because I'm not gonna be able to do this and that. But if it was killing something to bring something to the table. You don't have to have breaks because you bringing something to the table to pay you. If nothing else to cover your salary, y'all just sit back and do task.
Speaker 2: For the most part, that's what people do.
Speaker 3: And that don't work in the self employment world, which is law firms. Now your job that you go into and do that fine. I still tell people that do everything you can, though, you gotta earn your weight. You do if you want to be irreplaceable, or if nobody's really irreplaceable, but you want more sustainability, you got to kill some every now and then. Being crump, I brought cases to him, just wasn't paying me. I brought money to him. That's how people keep you around. Other than that you want to be around. I can just get an admine to just suck take money out of me.
Speaker 2: What are you putting in even though the job does help bring the money in. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you how to compete, how to be sustainable, how to be that person they cannot afford to lose, literally can't afford to lose.
Speaker 2: Right, which means reduced rate, cheaper labor. I know people don't want to do this. That's what it is. That's what we're going through. You know what I mean, like cheaper.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it cheaper than the other person. I'm gonna do two, three, four, five skill sets. You know, I'm gonna bring you. I'm gonna kill something every now and then and bring in something, bring in an opportunity, bring in something to grow the organization. People are looking at all of that when it's time for cuts. People are looking at all of that when to say, Okay, if I only got this amount to spend, who am I gonna spend it on.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, baby, That's how the world. That's how it work.
Speaker 3: That's why when you say everybody should be paid the same, or oh why they make this watch and this will make that much. That's why. That's why. This is the difference between them and me. And that's why. And if people want to earn it and you wanna make.
Speaker 2: What the big boys, mate, Okay, cool, make ten twelve dollars rest of your life, no problem.
Speaker 3: Just understand why you're making ten twelve dollars the rest of your life and don't want mena matter. I don't understand why we can't make twenty five, Go kill something, bring some in, raise your own salary.
Speaker 2: That's how the's in sales world.
Speaker 3: You don't like how much you make, Bring in your own money. That's how you increase your pay. People in sales like me, I can increase my pay every month. People don't like that type pressure because you want that guarantee.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like the fact that I just made either thousand this month, No worries next. You want to make ten thousand if I want to.
Speaker 3: But you got to be able to do it. You gotta want to know how to do it. Gotta be hungry enough to do it. So I'm telling you how to survive.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Like at the event and you're like, hey, I passed out fifteen. But before I get at it, I'm gonna close somebody. I'm gonna convince somebody. You know that candidate she was saying as a camp it. No, man, you really need to come like, no, sell it, get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then well I hope I hope I was a because he's he talked talked to me for thirty old minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you what the difference is hoping and closing, And he took huh, I said he took multiple flights hoping and closing.
Speaker 3: Closing is hey, scam right now and roll right now. We got a ten dollars off roller for forty dollars, Just forty dollars and roll right now. That's a difference closing, closing, not just talking and hoping closing, Robert, have I got a clothes and sales. I got a clothes selling cars, clothes selling shoes, clothes, set clothes.
Speaker 2: It's the clothes. It's not just talking. It's closing.
Speaker 3: So you can say, hey, I got paid to come out today, but I met a halfway because at least I brought something in to cover my salary.
Speaker 2: That's the sustainability. That's the difference.
Speaker 3: That's the difference between if somebody come in like there, you always gonna have a place for me. But that's a difference between somebody coming in and doing what you ain't doing, and then.
Speaker 2: I say, I only got X amount.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to go with this one because at least they gonna help me bring in something to cover their salary, you know what I mean. That's more of a partnership. And then you'll be like, I understand, that's fine. I get it, but no, don't get it. Don't understand understand you know, like why it is. Understand you leaving money on the table. Understand that that extra money you could be getting not be getting, you know, those things like I got affiliates, affiliate link. I'm a roll out where people can sell courses and make you know, return off of that, you know, like make money off of it. People gotta want it, though enough people don't want it, and that's fine. They don't have to want it. But just know why you where you are, Where you are, that's all. And nowhere reas the Trump Is administration gonna make sure everybody knows why they are.
Speaker 2: You know where they are.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying that guy's being me, y'all, just hearing y'all like a fly on the wall between the real conversation between Marcellos and I. This is just how we talk. This is just information, guys. I hope you find it helpful, Hope you find a help on your job, because I mean it. You know, everybody want to be a content creator, even then you can compete with men's and people. That's saying I can do that too, and nothing stops them from it. That's why it's so saturated, because all they gotta do is go. It's not gonna put off all those barriers that I mentioned to Marcellos. They just get to go live and just do it every day and say I just keep doing it. Eventually somebody catch on. No, it don't work like that. Challenges you have to be a part of whatever that is, the more sustainability you have.
Speaker 2: If you got to go through a lot to be a medical doctor.
Speaker 3: That's why doctors never have to worry about a job because of the things they had to go through. Everybody else that just skip pass and go pass and this path. You're competing with millions of people that take the easy route every time.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't easy. I still had to do. Yeah, I know, but a whole lot of y'all did it.
Speaker 3: So you're competing against a whole lot of people that check those boxes. The harder you go, the more boxes you check, the more you get done. The more you do what they did not do, the more sustainability you have. And that's where we are right now. You have to do more than what they did and for less. That's what's gonna keep you in the game. Don't worry you don't have to believe me. You're gonna see it in real time. It's happening now, but wait until it trickles all the way down because all of this stuff that's happening now, that's chaos right now. Don't nobody know what's up with the terrris? Are they in place?
Speaker 2: Not in place? You know?
Speaker 3: Every other day pause the terrors got the terrors tears back. This is that people ain't keeping up with it. It's all over the place. So it's that chaos and distractions for a reason. It's gonna catch up next year, though you'll be able to see what it looked like next year.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's what they was doing. Yep, that's what they was doing. Yep. Oh man, I need to know. They need to tell me.
Speaker 3: Right hey, guys, y'all better tap in. You better tap in in this game and none else. Listen to the podcast once a week. You don't want to come to the train, and fine, don't, but if you do, come to the training, so now you can get a little bit more tools outside of this and get your questions answered. That's the biggest thing is right now, y'all only get to hear Marcella's questions and I need to be charging him, but that's come.
Speaker 2: To trains and you can ask no questions as well. Thanks nobody, straight Shot No Chaser, and we will see you next time, Feases.
Speaker 3: If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast networking iHeart Radio. I'm tesling figure Out and I'd like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Cruffer and our executive producer Charlotte Magne to God.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts