Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Betts three six five Bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off only at Bet three six five. It is me Joey P. That of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. Not a lot from yesterday in baseball, but certainly we're going to talk about the James Wood debut. Very exciting stuff there. The baseball world was a buzz. A lot of games today, full slate. We've got some bets for you. We've got a lot of fun things going on end. Because of the July fourth holiday, we will not be working July fourth, everybody. We want you and everyone else out there to enjoy the holiday, but us more poortly enjoy the holiday as well. We want to take some time off here, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of a getta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Welsh needs a blow on July fourth there, so we're gonna give him a blow on July fourth. All the fireworks is gonna go, enjoy them, and we'll be back on Friday. But because of that, we're moving things up prospecting with the Welsh tomorrow today waiver wire, just so you get all the information you need Welsh. First of all, I have to start the show off with an apology because I bullied you into a home run pick yesterday. Ah, because I just wanted to have fun with you. I just wanted you and me once to have fun. And if James Wood, after all the James Wood stuff, hit a home run in his debut yesterday, we would have been so happy together, frolicking hand in hand through the AI.
Speaker 3: It had been you, me and James Wood holding hands running through a baseball field. Everybody in this live stream knew your Alvarez was hitting a home yesterday. As soon as I was like, well, I was gonna take your Valvarez, but I'll go with you, the chat was like, and guess what, I didn't know your Nalvarez hit a homer, except it then got tweeted Twitter Cot And as soon as someone just tweeted me Jordan, I went h we all knew it was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I should have went with it.
Speaker 3: I would probably be at twenty two homers right now. Had I just followed the path that I've laid out for myself, but I dev eight from it because I get weird brain thing and I did follow the Jason Wood.
Speaker 1: But I'm okay with giving you the home run. But I'm sure fred Dinger won't.
Speaker 2: Oh wild cards would.
Speaker 1: Just go cards, would you know, take it to the League office, probably take.
Speaker 3: It to the Supreme Court. We're not gonna do that, so don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: We got some rookie lookie stuff though, too, a lot of rookie stuff going on. But let's just jump in right to the James Wood singled, had a walk, five played appearances yesterday. The game went to extra innings, so you know, it's a nice first moment, you know, comes up there, gets a great ovation from the home crowd. Good to see the Nats fans excited, you know, really excited again for something like this. You know these you know back in the day we're excited for Strasbourg and so and all these things. It's been a while if you're a Nats fan since the World Series, basically that you've been excited for anything. Three of the four balls you put in play yesterday, one hundred and seven mone hour single all had ninety six ninety five exit v low if you're into that kind of thing. Mackenzie in that game as well, one runner five and two thirds struck out eight mets yesterday, So they just wanted to kind of revisit the Sodo trade for a second. Now that we have James Wood up, Mackenzie gore sixteen starts this year, six and seven, a three six zero ERA. He's got a kper nine over ten cj Abrams hitting two eighty two with a five thirteen slugging and a fifty two ohps, thirteen homers, forty two RBI, thirteen steals. James would obviously up already had a great triple A season. Robert Hassel forty nine games, still kind of, you know, mid figuring things out a little bit there. It's got eleven steals, hitting two seventy eight, but the slugging is only at three sixty nine. So looking back on it all now we have a little bit more perspective, the Nats made some hard decisions. Clearly, the best decision would not have been to spend money on Stephen Strasburg. It would have been to spend on the position player. They did not. After that decision was made, Now that you have some perspective. What is your perspective of this trade looking back on it a few years later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it doesn't look good like that's the easy way to say it, but there is.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. That's that's the take here, Expelled.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I like you can do the path though, because then they trade well, because here's the deal.
Speaker 2: They traded three.
Speaker 3: You know, major league level players. You know, they traded away and you've got Gore, You've got James Wood, which could be helping this team right now. What I look at though, is they traded away Sodo and they got back Drew Thorpe, and then they then turned Drew Thorpe into Dylan c So you know, you can kind of run through the path of like, all right, they got a year of Sodo and then they turned Sodo into Dylan ce S, which I guess it kind of like it helps itself. My problem is is when you trade that weight of great players, I mean specifically it's Gordon Wood. When you trade that way, well in Abrams, I keep forgetting about Abrams was sold. He's the I mean, he's the core piece here. When you trade that level and then you can't re sign and.
Speaker 2: Bring Sodo back. Then, I think it's a failure like that, And I always.
Speaker 1: Thinking from the okay, so I'm I'm thinking from the NATS side that I think they've done pretty well here. Oh, I think they have to get about Padres. I'm I was even thinking about the Padres. I'm talking about the Gnat side of this deal. I'm looking at it and it was heartbreaking at the time. It's still not the right decision. He should have paid total whatever he wanted and bought out all the years and just backed up the truck for him because you knew it was gonna be your franchise talent for the next decade. It's dead. They didn't, but now Abrams would Gore. Is that enough to show for that move? I thought it was.
Speaker 3: I always kind of thought it was, though, like when that trade happened, I got.
Speaker 1: I was not. I was skeptical, far more skeptical at the time.
Speaker 3: I think like I had optimism to mckinzi Gore though during that time McKinsey Gore was kind of a mess. With the Padres c j Abrams believed in and James Wood we knew the upside was plus they still got Yarlands Susana, and I think Hassle's not gonna happen, but Susana has a chance to worst be you know, a relief pitcher in there.
Speaker 2: But this is a it's an interesting trade in.
Speaker 1: That deal too. Let's he was playing in New Mexican.
Speaker 3: I will say multiple teams that have traded off that felt wrong have I think the White Sox are another example of like it was like, oh, we're trading away Gilito and we're trading away Dylan Ceese. But then you look and you're like, there are a couple position players and their miners away from having like a really great system in bouncing back. I think the Nationals are proof of that. And a guy like James Wood in that debut, you got to see a little bit of everything on hand. You got to see him work that first at bat really hard. I mean he drove that count up. You get to see the hard hit drives an opposite field single one oh seven. You saw the speed they ruled the second one in error. We're gonna be honest with you, like he was right there at first and then he moved over to second. You just didn't get to see him get the ball in the air and see some of the wild stuff that he can do. As I mentioned like left easy doesn't put big extra base hits on a bad strikeout, but he was also taking early strikes just to kind of see the counts I thought there was.
Speaker 2: Again, it's one start.
Speaker 3: There's so much good out of it for James Wood should be and people should really be excited. And also, just to reiterate your other point when you brought up Mackenzie Gore, I think McKenzie Gore has just been sneaky.
Speaker 2: Sneaky good all year.
Speaker 3: This is the Gore that I saw coming out of high school. This is the gore I saw in the backfields for the Padres, whipping that curveball in through it nineteen percent of the time in his last start, had a forty five percent whiff rate. The curveball looks amazing. Slider's eating thirty eight percent whiff rate in this start. Mackenzie Gore is a great Dynasty buy right now as well. But James Wood should make us feel pretty good now. I think we can spend the next month hopefully feeling really good about prospects. Is as we mentioned yesterday, Cherio in length right now, James wood Is that we can feel positive and camon Aro probably going to be an option coming off of the All Star break, but we'll talk about more of that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I suppose mord to more teaser, that's what they call it. The business Hunter. Brown still good on the roll, six scoreless innings, more for the Astros, beating up on the Blue Jays three one.
Speaker 2: He's so good.
Speaker 1: Brown has by lower the year right now, probably live anyway.
Speaker 3: I think his last five starts he's had like a sub one era. He's just not this major whiffy strikeout pitcher because he's become more heavy sinker.
Speaker 2: But the sinker has saved him.
Speaker 3: He had forty five swings in this start yesterday, only eight induced whiffs, and the called strike ratio was down as far as like wists go, too, because that's just.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily his game.
Speaker 3: He'll pump in the fastball that's actually getting some of the strikeouts. Sinker cutter week contact. He's been so good, you said it, one of the best buys of the year, and I just roll the rest of the season. I don't think he's going to be sub one era or anything like that to finish out, but I think he is going to finish out very strong, and we're gonna be talking about him maybe as a top fifteen sp next year if he continues this role.
Speaker 1: The Yankees pitching coach Matt Blake has been working with Carlos Rodan trying to get a better approach in terms of fastball, because we mentioned earlier this week that Carls Rondon up to twenty earned runs now his last three stars guys are have opposing batters have a twelve fifty three ops over that spand so that's not been good. H tonight, you guess, Louis Heel, so Welsh, how are you feeling about this start here for our boy Louie tonight? Paid tension, little.
Speaker 2: Tense, little tension, A little tension up.
Speaker 3: Shout out my boy. Dennis Hitler actually was with Louis Heel yesterday. There's a thing at a brewery or whatever. But on paper, in theory, this is a good spot for Louis Heel. This is a team that you know, the walks aren't gonna be up there. You're gonna have guys swinging through their shoes. His k's have been solved. The only problem is is he's been his stuff has been a little bit off. He's been sitting inside the plate a little bit more, and then when he gets inside the plate, he starts throwing balls.
Speaker 2: He has gotten to get back to that big.
Speaker 3: Efficient, crazy pitch mixed stuff. I'm cush optimistic for what cold did for me on Sunday or Saturday whatever it was. Heel gets back to heelness and becomes the king of the heel. Luis got to do some business.
Speaker 1: Oh that was it. That was a really good dad joke to give me the heel. That's solid, solid work there. All right, let's have something here, boss. I don't know if you buy Bob Nightingale. Uh, track record's not always great about reporting things.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody worse? Is there anything ty for guy you have a thing with?
Speaker 1: I don't have a thing, but it was pointed out to me years ago and ever since it's like, you know that thing that you can't see it once you've seen it. And then every time I see him in the off season, all he does is basically create clickbig nonsets.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, that's Nightingale.
Speaker 1: Who was the guy that also got destroyed about the Otani Toronto thing?
Speaker 2: Or was that him? I actually thought that was Nightingale. To be honest with you.
Speaker 1: It might have been both of them, but Moros.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're one person.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're just like those clickdate accounts that are out there.
Speaker 1: Apparently, now that the Mets are hovering around five hundred, that Pete A. Lonzo may not be traded at the DAD. We'll believe that one when I see it. However, the White Sox do intend to trade Garrett Crochet, which, by the way, fun fact leading the league in strikeouts Garret Crochet and more than Tyler Glasnow I did not have that on my Bengo car Gras I.
Speaker 2: Did a video.
Speaker 3: I just did the video on him. I think I mentioned on here. But since June first, thirty seven percent K percentage and he has the best K minus walk percentage since June as well. He has been unreal. But that was the thing that was why we presented by dang It. I completely forgot about this same dang it because we asked people to, you know, should we trade Garrett Crochet in the videos and people were commenting, and ah man, someone had such a good comment, and I forgot.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can pull it back up.
Speaker 1: You guys have more things to roll through. If you want to go see if you can find the comment. So I'll look here. Rookie Lukie time the Brewers sent Tyler Black down to Triple A again. Kobe Mayo Apparently a little interview yesterday with Michael Ayas says that Kobe Mayo really doesn't have much to prove left in the minor leagues. Well, should we going to get a Kobe Mayo call up soon? It feels like we might.
Speaker 3: Feels like said there was only two guys worth stashing, and that was James Wood last week and Kobe Mayo. He's absolutely on fire. They just got to make room for him. I don't know how comfortable this team is with you know this many rookies. Jackson Holliday didn't work. Kerstad has actually been pretty solid since he's gotten back, So I don't know how they make it work, but I completely agree he does not need to be in the miners anymore.
Speaker 2: He's gotten very little to prove.
Speaker 1: The White Sox are promoting Kyle Busch from double to Triple A. He's twenty four years old. He was the guy in the Giolito Lopez deal five and three with a two point one two era, a seventy eight to thirty three strikeout walk rate in eighty innings. Is this something that the dynasty folks should be paying attention to. I know he wasn't like the highest rated prospect necessarily, but certainly from a performance standpoint, you know, put up a two era in double A like that has my attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all those guys, That's what I was talking about with the White Sox, Like their system is so unique and interesting because they what they did was they build. They did the anti dynasty thing. That's what I tell a lot of people. People will send me these trade things and we'll be like, hey, I'm trading away these great prospects for a pitcher, and I'm like, Eh, don't go by pictures when you're revamping your dynasty. Do that kind of lasts or don't have you know, trade away great hitters and be the centerpiece be pictures. But in real baseball, that is what you want to do, and that's what the White Sox did. They prioritize getting guys like Thorpe and Eerie Rt and Ky Bush, Nick Nastrini from the Dodgers. I think Kay Busch is more of a back end rotation player. But the good thing is they've been they've all been working and that's why they were all in Double A with Edgar Querrel. They've all been working with their same guy, and I think that's built a lot of confidence. I think again, it's a streamer, it's not someone and we're looking to pick up big term. But by the way, here was the comment on Garrett Crochet. Because we wanted all these people's take, which there's some good ones in here we had. I'm holding no trade. Garrett Crochet will get traded.
Speaker 2: And get an extension with somebody's take a bunch of others.
Speaker 1: That's a take I agree with.
Speaker 3: Football Mania said, I believe it would be insane to trade Crochet unless you get a huge holse starters, not prospects.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do. But this was my favorite.
Speaker 3: The moving blanket said I'm buying yarn to knit because I believe in Crochet.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 3: The dad joke inside of me that loved that comment. So good job making comments from everybody on the video.
Speaker 1: Marcelo Mayor was not playing yesterday in Double A. He has a back issue he's working through, but Welsh mentioned him the other day on his video too. I believe Marcello Mar's other guy that you were talking about or recent.
Speaker 2: A while back. But I want David.
Speaker 1: Hamlett last one by a couple one onth ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and David Hamilton, that's been the big one. I'll say the batting average is like tapering down a tiny.
Speaker 1: Three seven, three seventy one, four seventy nine slash A that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: No, it's really good, and that I had pointed him out and I but at the time I was, I was very dismissive of David Hamilton. I was like, the only thing holding Marcella Mayor back from coming up is David Hamilton. To a degree, I think that's like that still kind of applies. But Hamilton two seventy twenty one stolen bases, He's expected batting averages around the general same area. He's barreling up like he's just had like a really solid good season. But in May when I was dismissive, he was hitting three thirty three. In June he's down to two fifty three. But he did just steal twelve bases in June. So I think Mayor is a guy that they could look at especially as they're looking to, you know, continue on win games and stuff like that if Hamilton tapers back.
Speaker 2: But they do like Hamilton right now.
Speaker 1: You know what time it is, Welsh, It's time to hit the waiver wire for week fifteen with Joey p and the Welsh. I've got some names for you, I believe it or not. Two Mets. I don't know what the world's coming to. Christian Scott's going to get the call again, coming back up to make a start Wednesday against the Nats, and he's roster in just fifty four percent of leagues. A lot of people had to drop him roster crunch. I understand the guy was spectacular when he was pitching for the New York Mets. Looking for him replacing Tyler McGill long term. In this people are saying, well, they're not committing to him. I'm gonna commit to him regardless. You gotta add this guy as soon as you possibly can. Fifty four percents too low for Scott, and the Mets are hovering around five hundred all of a sudden, are more relevant. He's got a three nine zero ERA, twenty five strikeouts, just six walks over twenty seven innings with the Mets this year. Another Met and I'm putting this out there because he was on a waiver wire video I did like a month ago. And he's still just sixty six percent rostered even though he has a nine hundred OPS and it's Mark Viento's. How is he still just sixty six percent rostered? Okay, let's just talk about this for a moment. Over his last nine games heading into this week, three twenty four batting average, seven rbi, ten runs scored. Okay, On the year, he is slashing two ninety seven, three fifty five five to seventy eight, ten homers, twenty three RBI, twenty four run score. Now he's not stealing any bases, that's fine, But Welsh Mark Vento's qualifies a first qualifies the third plays every day. He's got a nine hundred ops. How the hell is he just at sixty six percent?
Speaker 2: Hands up?
Speaker 3: I'm putting my hands up because I completely agree. Like I did this on IL yesterday, Mark Viento's is the number one pick up if he is available in any format. And guess what he was under like if e goes under sixty two percent in CBS when we did it yesterday way under another formats. You did some of the surface level stuff. I mean ten Homer's three zero one batting average kind of speaks for itself, but underlying an elite fifteen percent barrel rate, he's hitting the ball really hard, averaging over ninety EV with a one thirteen max. And he's cut his strikeouts by eight percent down to like not just that's a solid number. He was thirty percent last year, he's down to twenty two percent. Just making great contact with huge, huge power that can pull it on all sides of the field. I am a big, big Mark Viento's pickup guy, and you, I think you were like ahead of all of Oh you put on you red baity.
Speaker 1: If you go back and watch the shows on leading off. When Beatty was struggling, I was telling people go pick up Fiano's he's red hot at triple A. He was hot in spring training. There's no reason not to add this guy. And Batty of course got sent down. Now I know Baty's all of a sudden him for some power. I really don't care. Fiantos isn't given up that job anytime soon, so look at that. If anything Goody's a guy that's trade bait.
Speaker 3: At some point, go to Angelo, put Angelo's comment up, and then put Michael Impo's come because.
Speaker 1: Eighteen point six percent roster to ESPN leagues, that's great, and Yahoo fifty six percent rostered. Mine is on CBS. That's the roster percentage I gave you, So it's absurd. He needs to be roster Neston Curestad also not rostered enough. Fifty five percent. You gotta hold this guy on your roster available in fifty percent of the leagues. Thirteen games on the year so far, two homers, eight RBI, he's hitting three hundred. He's a four hundred OBP at the big league level so far over those thirteen games. He's going to be a contributor as the year goes on for the Orioles, and if not, then he's going to be an everyday player somewhere else. So I understand some of the platune stuff is a little annoying. I don't care. Kurse Dad needs to be rostered in more leagues. Same with Landon Knack of the Dodgers. In the meantime, here for the Dodgers make any moves in the month of July, nac is gonna keep getting some starts. He's got a two oadra, a point nine to six whip, twenty five strikeouts, eight walks in thirty innings so far. With Walker, Bueller's issues with Bobby Miller's issues with Clayton Kershaw's shoulder, Yamamoto on the IL, Look, there's room at the table for Landon Knack. He's rostered in twenty four percent of leagues and he gives you win equity every single day he takes the mount because he pitches for the Dodgers. Welsh, I'm shocked that he's just twenty four percent rostered on CBS right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if I'm like shock shock, Oh member, Yeah, But like when you're like expanding it and you're looking at, like, all right, who are teams for players that you would want to pick up if they're getting opportunities, It's like the Dodgers would be that one. There's a little Gavin Stone in him and it's like low K percentage when he put up some big K perk.
Speaker 1: I'll take all the Gavinstone I can handle right now, because he's been tremendous. I'm just right.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with that at all. But I'm just saying, like there's some underlying stuff that like you don't get away with, Like a Dylan Cees is a prime example of a guy where when Dylan Sees has a bad outing, he might still have nine strikeouts and four or five are in runs. That's not really happening with some of these Dodger pitchers, but there's just a lot of run support they're pitching well. He does have a run and a half expected the ra higher than his current It doesn't change the fact of like I would be spot, I would be maybe more than just spots.
Speaker 1: Star temporary tattoo. That's what he is. He's not the long term solution and Welsh, I don't think he's gonna get overexposed. And that's what you're saying, I think to everybody from correct, which is, Look, this guy's not great, but he's pitching for the Dodgers. He's gonna make a couple starts. He's got inequity. If you're gonna pinch for starting pitching right now, you go there and you're gonna burn and turn him into somebody else eventually, But for now, he's a guy that could be useful in the month of July. Also after the All Star break, keep an eye on dl Hall qualifies at RP, but he might get another shot at this rotation spot. He did throw sixty pitches three innings on Saturday, one run, five hits, struck out four, walked one. This was the guy that came over from the Orioles in that trade for Corbyn Burns. He's twenty percent rostered. The Brewers have all sorts of rotation problems with some injuries and performance. I think deal Hall is going to get a look in this rotation sooner than later, probably after the All Star break. Welsh, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely think that's a high possibility. I had brought to the table maybe it was last week or the week before on the prospects segment, Chad Patrick, who was a former diamondback who moved over. That's the guy that also could get an opportunity in the rotation near future. Good strikeouts. But DL Hall is a player they tou did that they wanted to put into the rotation. He's had some sustainability issues when he was an Oriole, but if you lay out the pitching prospects, he'll be the number one because Gasser, I think is having Tommy John surgery. Corlis Rodriguez wasn't great. Dl Hall will be the number one given the opportunity, So yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Worry about anything too. She's missed most of the year, so now it's a matter of, hey, can you give you seventy five innings down the stretch?
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 1: I think that answer is probably yes, and that's a good thing for the Brewers. So there you have it, everybody. That's the waiver Wire for week fifteen. Drop your comments below of course if you're watching, and let us know who you're picking up this week, and as always had a word of fantasybros dot com for more waiver Wire content. On the MLB side, Welsh Little three up and three down. Then we'll get to the injuries. Brenton Doyle homer twice, Jad Martinez a three run bomb and David Peterson no decision against the Nats, but six and a third of two run ball not too bad. Three down. Bryce Wilson five runs and four innings against the Rockies. Hunter Harvey five runs, four earned at the top of the tenth take the Big l and Dalton VARs Show continues to hit nothing hitless again seventh consecutive start, OH for three yesterday against the Astros. So daltenvar show not performing very well. Injuries mri on Corey seekers left hand negative. That's good. Vlad Guerrero was not arting yesterday. We had Zach Gallon start moved up to next Thursday against the Dodgers. That's apparently what's going on. Justin Verlander has yet to resume throwing because of the neck issue, so that's not good. He's not even playing catch right now, not even baseball activities. He's not even opening pocks of tops, baseball card, no baseball activities none. Brandon Nimo was out yesterday after he cut his forehead after falling in a hotel. Now, if you know Brandon Nimo, he's kind of like a choir boy. So I kind of want to know how this happened. Like did Brandon Nimo go out and like party with the guys once and like stumblely bumbly back to the hotel room. Because Nimo is a well known like I said, good boy, So I want to hear more about this story.
Speaker 2: I don't know implying.
Speaker 1: I'm not implying anything.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to say he likes to have a good time on the road.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, but I would think more of him if he did.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I want to one day write a book about I won't, but I want to write a book about all of the ridiculous injuries that players have gotten from the what is it? Clinton Barmas fell through the roof of a barn.
Speaker 1: And heard them, fell down the stairs and tripped over his dog.
Speaker 3: Ears again, there was a guy a tile fell out of his shower and broke his toe, Like there's baseball players are undefeated on.
Speaker 1: The most hand opener. I remember, like I remember if.
Speaker 2: This is probably something like that.
Speaker 3: He's probably like, oh, YouTuber was filming me and I tried to do a backflip and I slipped and fell on a poodle, you know, like you don't know what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: How do you fall in your hotel room? Like what do you? What are you doing? Like like they're not even that big rooms.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was a Yankee hotel room.
Speaker 1: One more note code I senga out since the big end of the year where the shoulder injury is going to make his first rehab start on Wednesday. That's tomorrow for single a Brooklyn. He's gonna make it all right. Welsh. You know what time it is. It's time yet again. It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's time for the best bets of the day with.
Speaker 1: Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you place your bets over a bet three six five bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you use the promo. Go to leading off only at bet three six five gambling problem go one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off In Iowa, terms and conditions apply. Welsh. Uh, why don't you start with the betting today? Because I went full James Wood and it was over three.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I was three and oh yesterday because you.
Speaker 1: Were three and oh, I waszero and three. I was you know, I want to have fun. It was three games on the slate, only one at night. Really, I just wanted to have some fun. You didn't work out.
Speaker 3: I know, it was great to have fun. I want to have a little bit of fun. And I just bet the one hit for James Wood and that paid off. So yes, it was a nice clean sweep of a very short slate. I will tell you we have a lot more and a lot more enticing stuff today. So it's gonna be either a volume day and uh oh, volume days haven't done so well, or it is just gonna be honing in. So here are a couple of my favorites, and this is kind of like a ladder.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, I've got a bet.
Speaker 3: I've got a two piece parlay, and then i got a three piece parlay that I'm playing around with, but you'll understand it. So number one Boston Red Sox first five innings. I love my first fives. I am going for them to be up a run. So minus point five. That's minus one twenty right now. Because I'm back in Cutter Crawford. I'm a big Cutter Crawford fan. I mentioned him in some videos recently, and his K percentage since June he's been in like the top ten and K percentage and K minus walk percentage, so his strikeouts have really taken a jump up. That is why I mean, I'll be honest with you, I am taking his just individual strikeout number, but I'm putting this together for my second bet. Cutter Crawford alternate strikeouts at five paired with turreek Schoobles alternative strikeouts at five. Interesting about Schooble, he has only had less than how to say this, right, he's only once this entire season, not how five strikeouts that's a better way to put it. Every single start he has had five strikeouts or more except for one that was against Houston. This matchup, I mean, it's a fine matchup. It's a good strikeout number. He usually hits this, and then it's not crazy. We're not looking at six and a half or seven and a half. So give me Scooball and Cutter Crawford both at five paired together that I got at minus one thirty, So there's that one's juiced up.
Speaker 2: And then here was something I did the other day. I had a lot of fun with it, so I'm gonna run.
Speaker 3: It back and I hit it and this was taking three first fives and getting the plus one and a half. So just gonna pair this and slow down for a minute. This means that each team will be within one and a half runs by the end of the first five, so plus one point five on these three teams and their favorites. I'm taking the Boston Red Sox, the Baltimore Orioles and the San Diego Padres. So that is backing cutter Crawford, Rodriguez and Dylan sees that their team can be losing by one run through the first five, and I still hit this if they're winning beautiful this.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of teams. It's riskier.
Speaker 3: It's plus one eighteen. I put a little bit more on it. But again, the Boston Red Sox, the Baltimore Orioles and San Diego Padres through the first five innings plus one point five. I'm gonna see if I can run one of those back.
Speaker 2: Those are my bets. As a jet flies right.
Speaker 1: Over heard that happening there.
Speaker 3: That was a fighter jet which it was like the Angel what is it? The just flying lou Angels just going Welsh's bit.
Speaker 1: The bomber flying over Welsh's bets at the very end there. Look at that. How do you follow that? I don't know, but I'll try the White Sox at Cleveland, you got FlexIt and Carrasco on the bounds. So I'm gonna go with the over and the total runs over nine, I think we can get there. Flexing Carrasco should be good for it. Theoretically, so let's go start there. This one's a bit of an upset. You're right, well shod. We talked about this earlier, Luis Hill. On paper, this should be a good situation for him tonight, but I can't get away from this number on the money line for Cincinnati. Even if he'll pitches well, can they keep it close? Maybe? I don't know. Plus one seventy two. With the way he'l has pitched his last two starts, it's too tempting of a number for then. I'm not a hater. I'm trying to live in the now, and plus one seventy two is a really nice number on the money line. There's a lot of things that can go right and wrong in a baseball game. Even if he'll bounces back, I'm getting almost two to one on this. It's hard not to take it. So plus one seventy two. Look, Marte's up there. Eli Dola Cruz has been hot again. I like the Reds chances of going in there and either putting a hurt and on heel, or if he'll bounces back and everything's right with the world, maybe keep this game close. One bounce of a ball goes the other way. But I don't know, man, the way things are going, I can't turn away from this number. Plus one seventy two on Cincinnati the money line. Also, so speaking of the money line, Detroit with Scooba on the mound on the road against Minnesota, I think Schooble handles this business. Minus one oh eight you're getting. That's a pretty good number, almost even money on that. So that's where I'm going today. For my best bets of the day, download the Betting Pros app and you can follow us at Betting Pros dot com slash Joe slash Welsh. Those, my friends, are the best bets for Tuesday in Major League Baseball. All right, Welsh, let's hit the home run board and take a look at it. I'm still at twenty three. You should have one extra. But life is cruel today. You can always go to the Discord Fantasybros dot Com slash chat. Join that today and don't forget. If you're out there trying to do nice things. The Orlando Cabrera Jersey can be yours. All you have to do. Fantasypros dot com slash mlbreview. If you're listening to the show, if you're watching the show, it doesn't matter. Fantasypros dot Com, slash mlbreview, take the moment, drop a five star review of the show, and you could win this throwback Montreal expos Jersey. So today I'm keeping it simple. I'm going back to the well for the over that I was discussing, and I'm gonna go with Jose Ramirez from my Homer Welsh. I don't see a Homer in this for you? Where are you going for your home run? What's this mystery? You didn't put one in today?
Speaker 3: Well, I was working on everything else. But you want to know, it's so funny. While you were doing all the stuff, I was kind of going through and I'm like, all right, who do I wanna roll out my Homer? And then I was like, oh, I found who I want to roll Jose Ramirez. And then I look and you had stupid Jose Ramirez on the phone.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna be so mad today if you don't hold hands with me and Jose Riz.
Speaker 2: Oh man, do I hold out your damn forever? All right? I am gonna go with you know what, I'm gonna hold hands again.
Speaker 3: That was my gut. I'm gonna go with the gut here We're gonna go. Jose Ramirez, MKA, hand in hand, reach.
Speaker 1: Out, touching you kidding, bombs on the board.
Speaker 2: Sweet Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 1: So many home runs in Cleveland this year, so many, so many, so many.
Speaker 3: All right, I said that they got the panel out and it's just flying out to bar more.
Speaker 1: Just knock out all the wood paneling. That's what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Take the old house wood panel.
Speaker 1: We'll be back tomorrow with more baseball if you haven't already subscribed to Fantasy Pros MLB and I hope you enjoyed the show today and hope you have a great rest of your day and appreciate you guys who are all jain us live in the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Hoose hose, ho hose hose.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple.
Speaker 1: Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 4: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros m lb
Speaker 1: M hmm,