Speaker 1: Make your next move with American Express Business Platinum. Enjoy complimentary access to the American Express Global Launch Collection and with a welcome offer of one hundred and fifty thousand points. After you spend twenty thousand dollars on purchases on the card within your first three months of membership, your business can sort to new heights terms supply. Learn more at AmericanExpress dot com, Slash Business Dash Platinum, MX Business Platinum built for business by American Express.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is leading off Live as me Joey Fie, joe Pisafia with me as always is the Welsh edits you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks and what a great day. It's a fun Friday. Mets are at home, Juan Soto and the home Whites. Can't wait to see it in just a couple hours from now. Yeah, that's right. I'm excited about it and wear my Mets one of my one of my new Mets shirts. Here told you I have Bundy Met stuff in a long time. I'm buying in. Also even bigger news, possibly idiot bigger news. We did it, folks. Twenty five thousand on the YouTube channel. Congratulations. Shout out to all of you who watch the shows every day, listen to the shows every day. We could not do this without you. This is a huge milestone. We are bigger than some other fantasy I'm talking about the fantasy YouTube sites that do all sports, right, the coveted NFL. Well, we're bigger than them now and that's because of all of you, which means the Mario hat is on the way Monday. Don't miss the show Luigi. Put your order in. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I will?
Speaker 4: They gotta order some mushrooms and order all the Luigi things.
Speaker 2: Ask the question will we do the show on mushrooms? That's the question.
Speaker 4: I would actually like to see you as Mario in the squirrel suit. That would be a big win if you could do the squirrel Mario.
Speaker 2: Is that Tanuki or is that what is? That's my Tanuki is my favorite of the Mario incarnations, but I'm not exactly sure what he is. Maybe Chack can help me over on twitch, twitch dot tv slash Fantasy pros that's where we are live. We could also yeah, there you go, Joe Rico is Warrio? There you go? Or maybe even better yet, we have worm be Warrio and Wallawigi. If everyone is a Walla Oligi. It was definitely Mike Mayor one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: That's a really that's a good that's a good one. Have them be the villain. I mean we are kind of villainy, so we might be good as that.
Speaker 2: But yes, Tanuki is my favorite Mario Kart character, so yes, see it is Tanuki. See people are giving I love it. I love when the chat gives me confirmation of my stupidity. It's why I do this for a living, and I'm very happy to be here. Also baseball, right, I mean yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say this though, I do so I really just really quick because someone pointed this in People are being in suggestions. Maybe Mayor is Bauer. Maybe a Rico could be Princess Peach Bowser Bowser, Mike Bowser, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bowser.
Speaker 4: But I do weird impressions. I do an amazing Louis Yoshi. So I'm just gonna play that my Yoshi.
Speaker 2: But you crap eggs like, in't understand. I don't.
Speaker 3: No, I can do I can do Yoshi and it's amazing. I won't even do it today.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna save it for Monday, but I do it might be my best impression of Yoshi.
Speaker 3: Yoshi makes a sound. I kind of want to do it, but I want to save it for Monday.
Speaker 4: But just just be prepared. Yo, No, Yoshi makes a sound.
Speaker 3: I do that. Amazing.
Speaker 2: It is the weird impressions that are right, single off sounds of like secondary characters from.
Speaker 3: Meat Wad, yea meatwad from It's all that I do.
Speaker 2: These these are not like legitimate impressions. I don't think anyway.
Speaker 3: Wait till you see it, Wait till you see it all right.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been told. Wait till you see it all right. Let's get to baseball. Yankee Stadium is a joke. Get up, Get down. Yankee Stadium is a joke. In here down. Perdomo, who's never hit a home run in is life from the right side, hit a grand Slam yesterday, Judge, of course, in another home run. Grisham hit a classic Yankee Stadium home run, another one for Jazz. He had hit one foul, and all I kept thinking was, I'm watching this right last night. I'm thinking I'm looking at his cleats, I'm staring at his stupid one piece cleats from yesterday. If you missed that on yesterday's show, go back and watch yesterday's show on YouTube on video on demand. But it is really it is a joke. So you have the torpedo bats and delighted tiny ballpark. I can't I'm so happy that they're on the roan in Pittsburgh today, Like I'm just like, let's go get them out of this ballpark. But it is kind of ludicrous where all of these other teams, you know, are you know, playing in for the most part, they're pretty you know, fair Ballparksyanky Stadium has become just a joke, and now you have these bats and it's become even worse.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe the bats again, the bat is just like a little bit moved of a barrel. There's got to be a way to kind of adjust with some of these pitchers. It doesn't help when Merril Kelly is atrocious, is awful? He gave up and you know torpedo pat a bat or just like really awful Merril Kelly. He gave up eleven hard hits in that game that's registered ninety five or harder of balls hit nine earned runs.
Speaker 3: He sucked.
Speaker 4: But you combo like easier get two barrels and that ridiculous ballpark, which I mean, I agree like Austin Wells Tomer was stupid, Anthony Volpi versus the the other night that was so yeah, that would be stupid. But I just there's nothing that's going to be done about it.
Speaker 3: It is a craze.
Speaker 4: Every video is out there sites, whether it's you know, the gambling sites are putting in you could I think DK's got it where you can bet torpedo bats.
Speaker 3: They're putting in.
Speaker 2: Some Yahoo has it now too, were next out of the players who are using it? Which I think is I mean, I want to know these are this information that helps us as fantasy managers, it helps us as wagerers. I think it's important to know what equipment everyone's working with.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Some of the pictures have said, well, if they're gonna let them do whatever they like, why can't we use the pine to or why can't we get better grips on the ball? Why can't and I can't? I don't have an argument for that, do you?
Speaker 3: But but they're not cheating.
Speaker 4: But like the only difference here is it's like all they did was take the confines of what you're supposed to do with the bat and where and how much wood and blah blah blah, and they just moved it down a little bit. They they kind of maintained the shape. They're really not like cheating, you know, they're not saying like, all right, you can put a cork in your bat or whatever, like putting in like weird substances or mixtures of ros and everything like that. Then you're but again, I do agree with that, and that's how they have to just but my only thing would be this. You get all these designations, you're like, I want to hear you know who has a torpedo bass?
Speaker 3: What's it gonna what's it gonna be for you?
Speaker 4: When eighty five percent of the league is using it and you look at a lineup and there are you know, five or six in every single lineup.
Speaker 3: Using a torpedo bat? What does that do for you? At this point? Just takeovers?
Speaker 4: Don't start pitchers anymore, Like I just I don't know what well.
Speaker 2: You can't overs. I mean, look yesterday I took over right, just for instance, right, it took overs yesterday in this game, this Yankee Diamondbacks game, and it hit the nine and a half got crushed? Did that? The Phillies Colorado game that I thought would absolutely be an over as well was not. It was an under Senstela gave up ten hits and no earned runs. Somehow that happened, I don't know how in five innings. But you know, baseball still quirky and weird. It's a small sample. It's been a week of baseball. We're officially like a week in now, so I think we need to let it play out a little bit more. But it is definitely something we're gonna be watching. It's gonna be a major storyline, at least in the first month of the season. So if you're sick of hearing about it, too bad, we're gonna talk about it. Who to that I need RBI without sacrificing ops? Do I bench Cossas who hit home run yesterday, by the way, and Louis Robert for Andros Amenez and Kevin Aro. So you want to play the bench game right now til Cassas and Robert show you a little bit more. Robert has struggled out of the gate and much to the chagrin of myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm down. I'm down with this. I mean, I like that you're not asking about cutting benching.
Speaker 2: Should Benching's fine? Yeah, benches were made for We're made for putting guys on it. A sneaky good start yesterday from Nick Lodolo, another guy that we've been talking about in draft season of you know, the lefty who's been sitting in the cooker for a little while. Had some injuries last couple of years. But if he gets everything right, could be a very good starting pitcher in Fantasy. Four hit six and two thirds innings, one unearned run. As a good effort there, he struck out four, didn't walk anybody, So keep an eye on that. The Reds, however, offensively just struggling three straight nights of being shut out one nothing. If they do it again today, it would be the I think the all time record tied for fourth with the nineteen sixty Phillies. How about that.
Speaker 4: Wow, It makes me actually just want to just completely bet Reds to go ballistic. They're going up against Tyler Alexander Nestor completely bounced back and I don't think it was so much like the Reds, you know, really sucked and Nestor got away with it like Nestor was good, but also just back on the Nick ldolas side, really interesting. His four seam fastball was his third most used pitch in this game. He went primary curveball and then secondary change up, and then he went fastball and sinker. Just really fascinating usage of that type of stuff. He did not get a bunch of swing and miss, but he was super efficient. Csw wasn't great, but he was sitting in the zone, weak contact stuff like he was always a higher strikeout guy, which you know, he's got this big, sweeping loopy, you know, curveball and just got just crazy drop. I wonder what this is going to ultimately look like as far as what strikeouts go. But we saw Hunter Green sacrifice strikeouts, adding the splitter a little bit, you know, as K percentage went down, and being more efficient. Nick Ludolo, right now, you use the word sneaky, I agree with that, very very sneaky in going heavy off speed stuff first, and then as long as he's healthy and can command that fastball a little bit, he might be he might be dude level. And Nesta Cortes bouncing back like it was a big obviously not going against a million torpedo bats though Ellie did have one. He had a thirty one percent with freight, thirty five percent CSW percentage and fastball was a little bit more out of the zone than the last one, So he looks like he's a nice little bounce back.
Speaker 2: After that, we're gonna talk more about Sorry, we're gonna talk more about the Brewers rotation in just a second because I want to. I want to have a deeper dive conversation. Hunter Brown was dominant on Thursday against the Twins. Eight strikeouts over six sittings, so a great start from him. He was touching ninety nine on the gun and signs of life for Tristan Cosas, which is good to run homer for him. Campbell also went yard so at Bregman, so that is positive for those Red Sox. Back to the Brewers for a moment. I want to talk to you about the Brewers and this rotation because right now, obviously you know the weekend in the Bronx did know when any favors. We know that that was not the best situation there for them, and it was good to see Cortez bounce back. But still right now, if you're looking at team era. The Milwaukee Brewers as a team six point sixty eight. They are last in Major League Baseball. They have injuries. They're still waiting for Woodrof if they're waiting for Myers. Sophali just went on the IL. I want to throw somebody out at you, Logan Henderson. I know those other prospects in this to him, but Logan Henderson seems like a guy that maybe we should be paying attention to. Had a good start this week already. Could there be a spot for him in this rotation in April and maybe making some spot starts if you're looking for some help in deeper leagues.
Speaker 4: So yes, there was actually a conversation that he might break Camp out of the rotation. Now they're going to get Tobias Meyers back shortly, so that's going to be one.
Speaker 3: Piece of that. He's how many leagues, well, a couple's pieces.
Speaker 2: He's going to make one piece. You missed the joke.
Speaker 3: I can't believe one.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, after all that torture you put me through, you missed the one piece? Okay, can we get the picture back? Can we?
Speaker 3: I could just barely talk today. I can't talk. You're talking over me, so you did.
Speaker 2: This to me. I made a joke about it, and then like it never happened, Like it never happened.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I did a stream on my I'll get this out of here. I can't il twitch. I had you with me the whole time I had that picture up. I just had to have you with me the whole time. It was so phenomenal. But yes, one piece, two piece, red piece, blue piece. Logan Henderson is definitely an option we'll have to see with Tobias Myers when he comes back. Woodruff is, you know, kind of getting ramped up. But I've talked with Logan Henderson a couple of times. I saw him rehabbing last year. Phenomenal command. He is a PenPoint around the zone type of pitchure. Fastball is great, changeup is really great, working on the slider. He just really gets those low points of the zone and moves the fastball around. Sneaky strikeout guy. I really really love Logan Henderson. One of those like six foot pitchers that'll be out there. But he's a super smart guy. Pays attention to the analytics and stuff like that, and I'm I'm definitely like here for a good spot start. The problem is is like that offense has got to get going as well. And I don't know what the long term sustainability is. But various of you to bring up Logan Henderson because he is one of those guys Bubba Chandler had his first start yesterday. Just want to throw this out as well as a random rookie thing. And I think we got a very clear timeline or it cleared up the muddy waters of what his timeline is because he wasn't great. He had no command whatsoever under thirty eight percent zone percentage on.
Speaker 3: Both of his pitches. Fifty two was the limit. So he's probably got three to four starts.
Speaker 4: He's got to get in the minors before he's even a thought so thought. My point of this is is Logan Henderson might be one of those first prospect pitchers after Tom's Harrington that we could see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got to stop the bleeding in that rotation a little bit Black raptor Hey Pro's question is Brida Woodruf were the pickup and Stash and Il absolutely one thousand percent yes do that. I mean, I've shocked he's still floating out there even in a ten team league he should be on an il stash absolutely, if you've got the room for it, why not. Let's check in with what's going on here with our subs real quick too, because we had a bunch of new ones overnight. Well, she has some of the names of the new folks that are joining us here live on Twitch every single day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to our boy van Rod who's subbed.
Speaker 4: We've got some people not using Twitch or their Amazon account with Prime, which is all cool as well, but Van Rod did Actually, Yelly, just subscribe with Prime. We had a bunch of people that did it before Cyclone Jack with Prime. You guys have a Prime account, you guys can do that. It's completely free to you. It's just a hookup. It gets rid of the stuff here, get you in the home run contest. We appreciate you and just like Beck thirty four right there, you can also follow the account. You can also gift subs out. There's a leaderboard on that. We'll be shouting out leaderboards as we go into the future. But shout out to all of you guys that are supporting us here on Twitch with the follows, the subs, the gifted subs, and all the other things.
Speaker 2: You know, so good. Speaking of gifts, you know, next week, well that next week, the week after I'm going to have the gift of time, and I'm going to be traveling to Arizona to visit cousin DONI also to visit my friend the Welsh. We'll hopefully be doing one of these shows live and in person, but we're also hopefully going to go try to take some VP together. So Welsh, I wanted to show you this because I want to show you what you're getting in for. This was a couple of years ago Staton Island Yankees. Look at the form of Joey p It just that Justin Mason actually took these photos of what this is me hitting against Paul Sporpor behind the l screen us having a little fun there. It's that n Island Yankee Ballpark. One of the few times you'll ever catch me in that hell hole that is statn Island. That's right, I said it. It's the only burrow with a cover charge the worst. Anyway, Uh, what do you think of the form here? Well, I think that's pretty solid. Look, you know, making some good contact. Look at that set up in that top line.
Speaker 4: The set the setup is the really really impressive one. I mean the next like your you plant your leg. It looks like you might be planting your leg a little bit early on that, but you're making good contact. But man, that that one on the left is very very nice. Got a nice good front leg, you know, just setting up to explode.
Speaker 3: The hands are in a pretty good spot. I'm pretty impressed with this.
Speaker 2: There will be pulled muscles in a trip to the hospital. I'm sure you know, without a doubt. But I just wanted to show you a little little teaser of of what's in store. This is a couple of years ago, too, so much stronger now. Been been a lot of training for this now for the last couple of months. Go out there, get a bucket of balls. Hit some balls there and I don't care. We could use torpedo bats, we can use wooden bats, we can use metal bats. Whatever you got, let's go. We have to go to the store, but we'll buy some bats whatever we gotta do. Let's talk about three up and three down Aaron Judge. He's good at baseball. Three for five with a homer, a double, four RBI. Yankees win nine to seven, beat Welsh's Diamondbacks. You mentioned Cortes, nice bounce back six innings for him, won nothing victory the Reds. What's going on the Reds offense too? I know you're talking about buying into them, and I'm with you. I saw McClain a great moment yesterday in that game where he hit a little blooper and he no hesitation out of the box, was trying to stretch it to two when he did, And I love that kind of player, and that's why I like McClain. McLain's got a lot of that aggressiveness in him. I think that's why Frank ConA likes him so much. He's had so many nice things to say about him. If you could buy low on some of these Reds batters, Ellie McLain, any of these guys right now, this offense collectively, I would would you be buying low on the Reds?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, well, you're not gonna get Lli low, but if you.
Speaker 2: Did, I mean, well you might get Lli. Period, Like this is the time to maybe buy in where people may be a little frustrated in the first two weeks.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, maybe it's like you treat, you know, move in a first round or something like that. That's a no, absolutely no brainer for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean McClain has definitely looked better. You know.
Speaker 4: Remember, like I started the season off being kind of negative on both Ces and McLain after seeing in the AFL, and it wasn't about their production necessarily in the AFL, it was just about them as a whole. Like mcclan and McClain still has my issue. My biggest issue with him from the AFL is the strikeouts. He is still swinging through and he's still got a strikeout issue, but both are making a lot more consistent contact. McClain is just because of his overall skill set and he's hitting like two.
Speaker 3: He's a great buy right now. I would buy in a McClain.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure where I'm at with everybody else though, Like Candelario is, he's kind of a wavery guy, free kid maybe.
Speaker 3: But there's not a lot of other guys.
Speaker 4: I think if Ces is out there when he gets the opportunity to clean up, I like that. I think you actually kind of honeed this back into McClean. McLain is the maybe by low opportunity right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that too. Also up yesterday, Christian Walker two for three, his first homer as an astro. Congrats to Christian Walker. Down Merle It's nine runs, three and two thirds. Not a great op there for four month stack, But I mean, what do you expect. You know you're pitching a litter league ballpark, and this is what it is. Joe Ryan, he wasn't happy to give up back to back homers in that game. Pain he had one of them. So four runs over five hits and five innings and Jose Al Tuove, all right, we're back on this because this has happened twice now, zero for five with five strikeouts and the crowd was going crazy. I don't know if you saw the clip from this. The crowd was going absolutely bananas, cheering for the strikeout and they got it. So we called it the Spicy Margarita. Some people said we got to put it out there now. I will say this, if you want to start a poll here, I don't know if we could do that. Can we do that on the twitch? I don't know what's going on. Can we do the poles on the touch? You could do a spicy margarita is one of them. I will put it out here for everybody watching, and don't tell me platinum sombrero. That's a lame. That's like when everyone's nickname is j Rudd or b Rud or It's just it's lame. It was like Joe Girardi stupid nicknames that he used to have for everybody. I want good stuff here. Over five five strikeouts, hat trick is fun. Golden sombrero is fun. Over five spicy margarita is gonna be tough to beat. I will take some of the best of the best here and you could drop into the Kaisa treks. Now, Michael, that that could be that that might have to be one of the four options. I'm just saying. The sinko stinko from whips also not bad. What do you think, well, sho you have anything you want to throw into the ring here? Or you're on spicy margarita.
Speaker 3: I like spicy margarita.
Speaker 4: Put the sins pretty actually, but here's the only thing I really like about the spicy margarita. We could go into chat GPT and go like, please make Jose al tub with a spicy margarita, and then we could like put that up for any of the over five strikeouts. I don't know what it What will it do if we say, please put the sinkos Tinko on Jose Altuve, that might not work and might not be able to air.
Speaker 2: FBI might come take your computer if you do that stuff. So the Sinkostinko I like. The Kaisa Trecks is funny. The Spicy Margarita I still I still like the most, although the Sinkostinko is growing on me, which is also something I shouldn't say out loud. But if you got a good one, let's get a fourth one and we'll put it in a poll. When we get a good for the fives of tracks? Nah, I mean that's that's actually not bad. Do you like the Kaisa tracks better? The Fisa tracks look better? The fives of tracks? That sounds like another thing that you would take.
Speaker 4: It's not one I'm gonna vote for either one the Kaiser tricks or I would say the Kaiser Treks might be like you got the ball up and you got three or four homers you had like like a cycle. Like a cycle might be that?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna give some people some more time over five five track outs. Give us a better name for it. Let's talk injuries. And we got to start with Freddy Freeman goes on the il retroactive to the thirty first with a right ankle sprain. So Welsh, let's talk about some of the replacements that might be available on the waiver wire, because you're gonna need one when it comes to missing Freddy Freeman for at least a few days of baseball here at the very least. So Wilmer Flores, who's been out there just hitting. He does this at times. Right He's rostered in about twenty percent of leagues. Right now he has gotten off to a good power start, but again hitting two twenty seven. Gavin Sheets is out there, Nolan Chanall's out there, Carlos Santana. Look at some of the names, Nathaniel Lowe in some leagues, any of these guys jump out on you as one being better than another, as a temporary Freddy Freeman replacement.
Speaker 4: Nathaniel Lowe is the number one of that list that you said. One other in there that I'm now.
Speaker 2: Forgetting Gavin Sheets, Nolan Gavin Sheets, Gavin Sheets, yea for Sheets hitting four hundred right now.
Speaker 4: One fun thing statable, it's way too early in the season. We just did this on ITL yesterday. You can listen to the go listen to that.
Speaker 3: If you want.
Speaker 4: But we looked at the very very early, small sample size twenty twenty five Baseball Savant leader board.
Speaker 3: So again, like you know, you get.
Speaker 4: Like barrel rates or crazy hard hits or you know, percentages or not. Barrel's per plate appearance is like in the thirty percentiles at the top. Ben Rice leads the league in that. That's usually something that's in the fourteen percentile range. So all I'm telling you, I'm setting you up that small sample sizes, but when you're going through it, Nate Low is definitely somebody that pops out. He has had really good barrels so far. His hard hit rate is up, average hard hit rate EV fifty is going up, the swing hard hit percentage, like everything looks really good. He's getting the ball in the air, making solid contact. He was kind of a big standout so far. So I'm very much and I'll be honest with you, I didn't pick him today. I kind of thought about picking him as my home run call. Because Brandon fought struggles versus lefties. Nate Low has been one of the best lefties in that lineup and hits in a prime spot. So Nate Low is a fantastic pickup right now, and he might might warrant holding on to at some points of the season as the sample sizes get bigger.
Speaker 2: I like this one too. I strike out should be called a shot of malort or just the milort man.
Speaker 4: I uh, I think I think that's the fourth choice. A long time ago, a Chicago good job, a Chicago friend sent me a bottle of malort because I didn't I didn't know of malort, I knew nothing of it and made uh made us, you know, try it. That is straight up wind dex like that is some of the I can't believe that is something that is sold in public and people and you know what, Chicago people, I've found out they love it.
Speaker 2: They like embrace it. So let's get the pull up here, CALLI. So let's let's get spicy margarita.
Speaker 4: So Kelly doesn't know how to do the pull up here, but and here's the problem.
Speaker 3: There is a way to do it, but you have to add it onto our little back end here, so we might have to save the poll on Monday, all right.
Speaker 2: So so okay, we have the contenders at least the contenders are here, the milort, the spicy Margarita, the Sinko Stinko, which is pretty good.
Speaker 4: Uh, and I'm moving back to sink you know what seek Gastinko is. I'm kind of going back. It's making me laugh every single time.
Speaker 2: But spicy margarita, you know, all those are good, Which brings us to this week's Chasing Challenges segment, brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. I don't like unsecure or insecure solutions. I like secure ones, especially when it comes to AI and whatever the challenges are that you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment, we spotlight the challenges faced by Freddy Freeman and the Dodgers compared to the rest of the league. Because the rest of the league is a challenge. How the hell do you beat these guys? What's gonna stop them? The only two things that come to mind are injuries like this one to Freddy Freeman that we got recently, and the short playoff series, because anything can happen in a five or seven game series. Somebody gets cold, somebody gets hot, ball bounces one way, next thing you know, the Dodgers are out of the playoffs. But my goodness, so far it has been all Dodgers, and with all the pressure and all the expectations, they're still perfect. And that is scary for the rest of the league. The poor padres Michael Kelly are producer's padres, keep trying to keep pace, but they're running up against the brick wall because how do you stay on pace with the Dodgers. It's crazy. So we are getting exactly what we thought we were getting with the Dodgers so far at least, which is a super team. So what can undo them? I don't know. Again, it's health probably and maybe just maybe the luck of the draw in a playoff series. But that is this week's chasing challenges. Remember Microsoft's AI solutions and power you to take bold steps and make new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. Let's get to more injuries here. Luis Garcia diagnosed with elbow inflammation, so he's gonna shut down for another couple of weeks there, So that's not good. Alex Kuorra says Masatake Yoshida with the shoulder isn't ready for rehab. Simon and Gunnar Henderson is hopefully back today. Do we have official word of the return of the Gunner?
Speaker 4: I have not seen official return, but want to point out when you said LUI make sure people know.
Speaker 3: It's the picture Arcia.
Speaker 4: Not the hitter, the one that mattered the pitcher matter. No, but they said Gunner's supposed to play in Friday. I haven't seen in lineups. I expect him to be.
Speaker 2: In all right. I want to get some of the questions here, because we've got a lot of them. Here's one from D's twelve team head to head? Do I drop Garrett Mitchell for Springer oneal or Carpenter Tyler O'Neill.
Speaker 3: Absolutely without Tyler O'Neill.
Speaker 2: Here's an interesting one is that Dynasty won twelve team head to head points keeper auction inflation five dollars or not. Maybe not dynasty. Maybe it's a keeper of some kind. So Garrett Crochet sixteen, Bobashet four, and I give Job for a dollar, Shaw for a dollar, and Painter for zero. All numbers are current priced before the inflation. Look, you hope that Painter grows into somebody like Crochet, but Crochet is doing that now at sixteen, and I get Baschette for four. I'm taking Crochet and Bashett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know what this is about here, Like you know, Matt Shaw's gonna go to six, Painter, I guess we go to five.
Speaker 3: Joe would go.
Speaker 4: So they's fifteen dollars invested. There's a little bit of a price discrepancy you're trading too. What you're doing here is you're trading two really good prospects, but you're getting like one of the top pitchers in baseball also Bobashett at nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Let's just arbitrarily think here. If Crochet is gonna go.
Speaker 4: At five bucks, you minimally have him for like three or four years at minimum. Bobat yeah, and Bobachett looks like he's gone. Maybe he goes to another hitter friendly destination. He looks better this year. He is capable. I'm doing that trade Painter for Crochet. No doubt you kind of hate getting rid of Matt Sean there, but lock it down, do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you, all right. Here's another one from z Purple. Gotta get one of Soda Storm, Victor Scott or Matt Shaw to activate Henderson. Got up one of these guys from Victor Scott or Matt Shaw to get a Henderson. Would you drop any of these guys for Henderson?
Speaker 4: Probably dropped Victor Scott. I don't love it, and now, okay, so do this. Also if you're like desperate for stolen bases and you don't have a whole lot, you could drop Soda Strom. He's just been really good. But Victor Scott then Soda Strum. I just I refuse to give up on Matt Shaw right now.
Speaker 2: Here's one yord On Uh for Ellie. What side of that trade you want to be on?
Speaker 3: Ellie?
Speaker 2: Very Ellie, especially in Rono, I mean especially whatever has gotten off to a slow start too. He's another one, uh Low or Shaw rest of season.
Speaker 4: I say Nate probably Nate Low because I just brought up Nate Low. I I just am not cutting Matt Shaw from Nate Low, though I'm very pro Nate Low.
Speaker 2: Right now, all right, let's see if we're pro or com this trade. Who won this trade? Trout Bieber job for Wu camin Arow.
Speaker 4: And Robert uh the Wu Caminaro Roberts side Bieber Burger this year job isn't much.
Speaker 3: So whoever traded trout got trout.
Speaker 4: They traded away three like really good assets right now, so that's not a good trade.
Speaker 2: All right. Lastly, let's talk about Derek's winless actually hitless Dylan Cruz. So Dylan Cruz not been good. What do you do? He's got a hold right at this point.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get eight eating up today too because of that big old sweeper by fought. Okay, so keepers, it's like we're not even talking about it in redraft Man.
Speaker 3: This might be the one that we.
Speaker 4: Just take the l on, which kind of stinks. I'm worried that they're gonna do something drastic at this point, But at the same time, it would be one of the biggest disservices if you let him struggle like this and then you.
Speaker 3: Just go get out of here kid, like you gotta let him work through it.
Speaker 4: He has been barreling surprisingly with no hits. He has a twelve and a half percent barrel rate, great average GV, good max EV. He's hitting the sweet spot. I mean, look at what his babbitberg. I mean, fifty two percent strikeout rate is the problem. So whatever else I look at doesn't actually really matter. He's got Yeah, he's got a zoo real bab But of course, so I'm holding them, yeah, yeah, yeahs.
Speaker 2: Hard to have a batting average when you have him put a ball in play.
Speaker 4: I'm holding ja Cruz. Buddy has to figure out the strikeout thing. Fifty percent is like Berserko.
Speaker 3: I think he will.
Speaker 4: There's some good underlying stuff. He is just getting destroyed on sliders. Has been kind of like the worry this entire season. And then before you move on, because I can feel you doing it, I just want to look real quick he is. I just know when you're gonna just get me out when I'm trying to talk. One hundred percent strikeout rate against sliders right now, one hundred percent strike out rate against split fingers, one hundred percent strike out rate against sink curveballs, so big breakers are killing him. Do something like spend some time in.
Speaker 2: The last shallow league. You dump them, like if you're a even twelve, look even twelve. There's enough on the waiver wire probably first two weeks of a twelve, Like Victor Scott's out there, he's.
Speaker 3: More useful, right I'm trying to bench him.
Speaker 2: Leagues roster. We just talked about him on the Waiver.
Speaker 3: Show, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 4: But like my when someone asked us earlier, like, hey, should I be try to binge dilling cruise right now because like there's tons of talent. When he is on his right, he can hit the top of the lineup, he can steal bases, he can hit for it. I mean, he can do all the stuff. It's horrific right now. So try to bench him because when things do get right, they're gonna get right in a good way. And how stinky is it that you ate all the bad production you drop him and then he goes and puts up a twenty twenty season. Not saying it's gonna happen because this is crazy, but you know, the underlying stuff of like the good player is still there and he just you know, there's no Babbitt, there's no contact. We got to figure out how to say it. A slider would have been cool if we work downe that in the offseason, but we can work on it right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, it happens sometimes and then it's our spiral. I mean, baseball is a very mental game. Here's an interesting one too from cap I have Kem and Arrow and Ventos and a ten team had the head league. Should I trade Ventos and upgrade somewhere else or ride it out? You're selling Vento's very low right now. I would let him build up some value if you're looking to trade, because I'm sure somebody's looking for a third basement, but now's not the time to trade him. That's my opinion. What yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you said that you're putting the Vento's on a pedestal, if anyone get it, just made me think here, Yeah, no, I think you're selling low right now. I think it's really tough to like any of these guys that are struggling their ass off, and then you're putting out there to trade like you're taking on the bad side of the acquisition. I would try to write it out a little bit in the same breath, though, Guys outside the top seventy five, like, you know, like you spent a decent equity I expose on Viento's like, you could probably still sell him for ninety percent on the dollar, and if it's post one hundred, it's not bad. But I agree, I would probably try not to sell him.
Speaker 2: Right now, Welsh, it's that time again. It's time for the Best Bets of Friday with Joey p and the Welsh. Let's take a look at what we got on the board coming up here, Brent Rooker in Colorado, let's go over point five RBI. We're taking the over on that one a plus one thirty five. We're also taking the over on the total basis and even money for Lawrence Butler. I really like that one as well. And then that's it. I've had it no more. Dodger winning Lozardo was great in his last start, and let's see if you can do it today against Yamamoto. Give me the Phillies to finally a plus money. Stick it to the Dodgers, because you know the Phillies are gonna show up against the Dodgers. You know, Philly's gonna be rocking. Philly's gonna be ready. They're gonna be throwing batteries at them. That's the kind of talent it is. It doesn't matter if it's April, they don't care. They are ready for the Dodgers. It's gonna be a first hostile environment that you really have to play in. And I think the travel on top of that is finally gonna hand the Dodgers their first loss of the season. Also, when you're looking to bet, make sure you go ahead and you use our FanDuel link fantasypros dot Com slash leading Off. New customers can bet just five bucks and you get two hundred dollars in bonus bets if you win that bet. Again, that's Fantasypros dot Com slash Leading Off. And if you need extra help, use the prop bet cheat sheet over on betting Pros right now betting pros dot com slash MLB props. All the different props, you could sort them by type, you could sort them by game matchup, all the fun stuff. It's all out there on Betting Pros. Download the app Welsh take us through your bets for Friday.
Speaker 4: Well Cali got Schwellenbach's name spelled correctly, which is very impressive. That is a huge The odds are incorrect though. I'm taking Spencer Schwellenbach seven plus strikeouts, but it is not minus one thirty five. It is plus money. It is either even or plus one oh five, so much better than what that looks on the screen if you want to take that. The minus money is on the six strikeouts, so it is plus one hundred is what I got it at.
Speaker 3: It actually moved to one oh five.
Speaker 4: Love Love, love me some Spencer Schwellenbach. As everybody knows, the Marlins are right. I think they're eleven or they're tenth or eleventh from the bottom. As far as strikeouts per game, Schwellenbach with the splitter, I think is going to eat some of these guys. I've got a lot of young bats that it's not going to just be about fastballs and splitters. It's going to be a five different pitches. Swelling Boch is going to drop plus that plus a splitter. So I really like for him, even though he didn't end the first game, get the strikeouts going. I really like for him to get going here. I also have a little six strikeout parlay with him, but plus strikeouts at plus money. The Jack Flaherty one is there. I kind of like Flarity's strikeouts in this, but I looked at the outs recorded. I don't know if anyone ever bets this. So this is how far for them to go into a game. And you got to play math because zero point five or you're registering in. You know, fifteen outs is five innings. Eighteen outs is six innings, So this is right at the five and two thirds or six innings. Flarity last season pounded in to six inning outings this year he went around eighty three pitches to go five and two thirds. He is gonna get to six against the Marlins today. It's kind of a little heavier juice. But I really really love the bet. I love this like I liked my Carlos Carasco one yesterday that hit with the walks. I like this one minus one fifty. It's big juice. But for him to go six innings Swelling Bock and Flairty, those are my two big pictures that I'm backing today and my bets I'm back.
Speaker 2: If you asked me would he have spelled tro and Bach properly?
Speaker 4: I would have said no, I know like I was expecting a J on Schwellenbach, but it was the odds that got is there is there.
Speaker 2: A baseball part There's multiple j's in their last name. I'm just curious, like.
Speaker 4: Well, you know who's gonna you know who's gonna kill everybody? Is Gerangelo sente Ente? Who is He's the ambed extras pitcher with the Marlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right right, yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: He's gonna break Calli's brain when we have to start talking about him. But yeah, there's probably some J names out there. Can we get some j in the the chat? We have a j emoji, let's get whenever anything messes up, let's do the j emoji in there.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to the home run leaderboard. See where we're at after a short slate of yesterday's games. So far razormone up at the top. Good to see Razor back around at seven. Uh and that's not me. That'sose Ma at the bottom here and one another at four. So I'm still at one. Welsh you're off the board, thank goodness. So you had your one day of glory. We'll see if we see you again the rest of the season. I know what I'm going for my weekend pick starting Friday. In Perpetuity all the way, Saturday and Sunday, Brent Rooker in Colorado. La la la, la la la. Lock it up, Brett Rooker. I think it's plus four hundred today for him to go yard to I love that. I've been a pretty good. First couple of days of baseball betting were rough. This week, much much better. So I paced myself a little bit better than the Welsh, So I know Welsh for a couple of days. Just got excited. You're just beating the bunny around. He was so excited.
Speaker 3: We are, You're all excited, and I just lost.
Speaker 2: It and it was all the chas coming there.
Speaker 3: Yesterday wasn't super great.
Speaker 4: The only thing I'll point out, I think I saw that there might be some weather, maybe even some snow flurries around Colorado today, just something to watch.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be cold.
Speaker 4: There's some weird weather going on in some games today, so be on the lookout for that. I like your imperpetuity bet. I am going to back a player that I think is a buy right now if you are in the trade market. I want to buy this player because he has been bad. His costs theoretically should be cheaper, and it's on the most embarrassing team in baseball right now, the Atlanta Braves. I'm going to go and back matt Olsen. Matt Olsen underlying is matt Olsen. He's barreling, He's hitting it hard. XBA is one hundred spots higher than his actual batting average, but the batting average has not been there. He is babbited way down. I think he's a great buy right now. I think he's going to bounce back today. I think they are going to get their first win. Max Meyer is tough, but you know, homers are definitely something he can give up. I think matt Olsen is going to get on the board today. They are going to win. And that is my home run backing, not.
Speaker 3: In perpetuity, but in perpetuity.
Speaker 4: If I don't make a change, which I can make the change daily on the Fantasy Pros Discord, Fantasypros dot Com, slash Chat can make all of my picks for the home run call. If you have an Amazon Prime lock in with our subs. I guess it's just a sub with Twitch is a better way to put it. Whether you get it yourself for Prime. You can take part in it as well, so our Twitch subs can, our discord people can you could win the Sammy Sosa Jersey.
Speaker 3: Go and do it. I want back on the board.
Speaker 2: Good first week everybody. I'm very proud of all of you. If you need help on the waiver Wire, go check out the YouTube channel right now. The Waiver Wire video is up well. Sh and I run through Cardinals basically and a few other players some really good discussion. Zoe, go check that out right now. Also, make sure you're tune in Monday, where we're gonna have the theme song back and the show will be hosted by Mario and Luigi. Because we got the twenty five thousand subscribers. Thanks to all of you, so again, continue to subscribe to the channel, support the channel, drop your comments below. We love you, we love baseball. Have a great weekend everybody that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 3: If you love the show, the best freeway to support.
Speaker 5: Us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 2: M LB that that is pretty good. You actually do sound like.
Speaker 3: Friday, Let's Go Friday and the NETS home opener.
Speaker 2: Tira Massu in a helmet. They have that there too.
Speaker 4: Stupid