Speaker 1: It has begun, it has begun? Is it great?
Speaker 2: Has begun?
Speaker 1: Start anything? Mortal Kombat? I think that's what the guy says at the beginning of it of Mortal That's how he kicks off the Mortal Kombat tournament.
Speaker 2: Oh really, it has begun moral combat?
Speaker 1: But has it technically?
Speaker 2: Or is it you saying that that is beginning it? Because in that case, now it's becoming an SNL skuin. I love that the startup more the philosophy question. Did Mortal Kombat just start now when you said it has begun?
Speaker 1: Or well?
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, well actually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it? Scorpion?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm looking at the oh you're looking at the bylaws, scorpions shut out, Hello.
Speaker 2: The Internet, and welcome to season three point thirty nine, episode four of Daily Zygeist.
Speaker 1: Day production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep.
Speaker 2: Dive into America's share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, May twenty third, twenty twenty four, twenty four.
Speaker 1: May twenty third. Shine up those Abe Lincoln coins because it's National Lucky Penny Day and National Taffy Day, only two things being so this is this is a lean day for national days. So taffy and lucky pennies.
Speaker 2: It's your day all those people out there who are looking looking for the right day to celebrate. Maybe maybe this should be the daily zeitkeeist jaf TDC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe we'll see. We'll have three. We'll have to lobby the city, you know, mayor Bass can give us the key. I proclaim this now daily Zeitsgeist to day. Did you ever have a lucky penny? Were you into that at all?
Speaker 2: There was one point where, like one of when we were moving, one of my dad's friends gave me a lucky silver dollar. Is that the one with Kennedy on it? Or is that a dollar?
Speaker 1: That's either dollar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was a half dollar, and he was like, hey, this is like really important. You hang onto this. It's lucky, and I like it lasted like.
Speaker 1: A year and a half and then when you lost it, you had like a fucking break.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I lost it.
Speaker 2: I just spent that shit on.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, one pack of spearmint gum my good Man or two I guess because it used to cost twenty five cents back back in my day.
Speaker 2: Did you have like long lasting luck charms?
Speaker 1: No? No, because I was like one of those kids who the second it didn't work, I was like, this is bullshit? Then yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Like I was so like about like absoluteses, you know, because I am a sith that when it's like I remember like praying, like going to like Lutheran school and like that concept was introduced to me and they're like, what are you doing, like because you asked God for stuff. In the second I didn't get some shit I prayed for, I was like, is a fucking joke, y'all? What are y'all doing?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sports fans learn early on the prayer doesn't work like that.
Speaker 1: It turned no, no, no, just abandoned hope, y'all. Yeah, and embrace the dollar not actually get Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, my name's Jack O'Brien a, but it ain't pee okay, No, no, no, it ain't pe Okay, it ain't pee looking at okay. Name courtesy of Andrew bub on the Discord, who said to the tune of it Ain't Me Babe by Bob Dylan or whoever.
Speaker 1: I like them, or whoever or whoever.
Speaker 2: The very Dylan Dylan song. Yeah, but anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Gras, Miles Gray. Okay, the Host with No Grain aka no Ho dank aka, the Lord of Lancasham, the Prince of North Hollywood. Miles great, thank you so much for having me. Also the Shogun with No Gun, the Showgun. Let's just go milun. Want to let that know. Don't fuck with guns. Swords though, got a lot of swords.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I have have got my hands real bad, trying to tricks with them, real bad, something nasty, just fumbling, oh yeah, just trying to throw it in the air Like I don't think that's a ninja move.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't care. I'm iterating.
Speaker 2: You flip it up in the air and then you start spinning around like a baton toass.
Speaker 1: Exactly like the whatever that like one rhythmic gymnastics scroutine is with like the little flagstick. Yeah, that shit goes hard. I saw a video of someone throwing it in a local competition, but there was like these light there was like a light grid above and she kept throwing it up like for her last trick, and it would get caught in the thing, so she'd panic and have to get a backup, and then she did it again and it got stuck, and then she just so defeated. After her routine, She's like, thank just like bowed.
Speaker 2: And I guess that's it because my fucking stick is stuck.
Speaker 1: Sticks lost my flagstick.
Speaker 2: Fuck well, Myles, we're throwing to be joined in our third seed by a very funny stand up comic currently performing in New York, Massachusetts coming up. She's a writer, actor host of the podcast Parenting. As a joke, it's oh.
Speaker 3: Fair eyes, it would be Oprah something Jewish.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go, you say Oprah.
Speaker 3: Well sometimes one time in my performing life, I was introduced on stage by you know, I was doing a fundraiser and the woman who has introduced me wasn't really used to being on stage, but she wanted to welcome me, and she blanked on my name and then she just searched for something and she just went Oprah and then lost faith and just went something Jewish. I was introduced as Oprah something Jewish.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So sometimes I think that would sell tickets, honestly, Like, I just go with that, Yeah yeah, yeah, but you would be curious.
Speaker 2: You would be curious, for sure, for sure, oh man, we were just talking about Oprah this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like the bringer of all kinds of bad conspiracy theories for moms. Just thinking about that in the nineties and two thousands, because specifically I was I was on another podcast talking about rainbow parties and that was a thing that Oprah definitely mainstreamed when she had someone on her show and be like, what are the kids doing now? And it was a very pro clutchy episode.
Speaker 3: Right but anyway, right, right, the kids, they're always getting into bad stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but like this was definitely some producers and like faith ministers just getting horny talking about this stuff. I feel like, yeah, yeah, the level of specificity of the Rainbow party, they just couldn't kind themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My theory is that it's a It's something that started with adolescent boys who made it up with a fantasy world that they would they existed, and then that got seated through the zeitgeist and then like a Christian woman heard it and totally died and then had to write about it.
Speaker 2: Right, They were like I heard that she was, I heard Katie was doing that to like all the boys, and that's why And then like the mom credulously so boreded that she was like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Well, good thing, A good thing. I'm a Christian pediatrician with a book deal because that's going to my.
Speaker 3: Next because we're going to make it go forward out there, everybody. Let's make it real.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, couldn't do it? How you been? I've been, I've been fined. I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is like I would I say fine, but I feel like the fine I say now and the fine I said last year, and the fine I said the year before, they're all different fines, and I feel like it's it's degrading. Honestly, the fine is getting.
Speaker 1: Less, the vibes have I've been on a downward slope recently for sure. Yeah, that's why it's just fine to just say fine, fine, Yeah, I'm existing, I'm existing and the existence is not too painful, but there's pain.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, like, I've never met someone that has said live in the dream and not been completely sarcastic about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. No. Fine is good.
Speaker 2: It's also the word for what you use when you've lost an argument, you know, yeah, fine, fine, fine whatever, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, live in the dream. Someone said, I was there living the dream like earnestly to me, I would take that as like an act of violence against me. Oh you're living the dream right, Oh okay.
Speaker 2: You like that guy who is too good for Anger Management?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wells dumping that up, tumping that up.
Speaker 2: Just a kid that Miles knew as when he was younger said that he walked out on the movie Anger Management.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was so bad. And I said, oh, so you're a tough guy. Huh, And then I choked him out until he was unconscious. And it was and look, look, my parents were splitting up. I had a lot going on. Lot on my plane. I was such a great like thing sponsor. Oh you're because you walk out of Anger Management, you think you're better than me. I have now become violent.
Speaker 2: So if my theory was oh well, of course, like Miles really loved Anger Management and he was like felting this guy was insulting something that he loved. Right, Yeah, I didn't see still hasn't seen it.
Speaker 1: I seen it. I didn't like that. I didn't like the vibe I did. Yeah that was me back then.
Speaker 2: You know what, So you're better than Jack Nicholas Nicholson better than.
Speaker 1: The bear, Jack Nicholas the golf you're.
Speaker 2: Better than handler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what were the repercussions? What were the repercussions? Were you sent to therapy?
Speaker 1: Were you no? No, no, it was just one of the things that happened in the shadows at school and you swore them to see chres you don't.
Speaker 3: That's amazing because I got a call from the nurse at my kid's school today telling me that in gym, my kid threw a ball and he ran for it at the same time as another kid and they rammed into each other and they want and now he has a bit of a fat lip.
Speaker 1: And I was like, uh huh, so why are we on the phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because you see the number of the kids school on your phone and like me, you're like huge, of course. I was like I had to calm myself down. I was walking in tight circles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, just to prepare yourself to answer, okay, hello, yeah right, I like a fuck yeah, that's every day, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I get that, but no, this didn't to be honest. I remember, I was like I told a teacher. I was like he's he fell because they saw this thing after man.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and like when he woke up and like tried to explain what happened, like it makes so little sense though, like wait what so like what the fuck? And he's like, go and talk to the dean about this, and then it was just like still shrouded in mystery that it just kind of ended there. Anyway, I feel terrible for it. I've moved on, I've grown since then, and after I've done and I was like eight or nine, I started like throttling someone's neck, like this kid at my on my playground. He was like a year older than me, but he was like smaller and and the like person like who oversaw lunch just like pulled me aside. I was like, what the wait, wait, you're not like that? What are you doing right? Right right?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm sorry, I just lost it. He uh. He insulted anger management, and I kind of was. I was like that as a kid because I didn't know how to express myself, so I bottled everything up and then would explode like every three years and do something wild. But anyway, shout out therapy.
Speaker 2: I think what she meant was, you're not usually like that. You usually just burst into tears. What the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, the same response, and you just turned into like a nuclear core meltdown, like what full?
Speaker 3: As they say, my friends, hurt people, hurt hurt.
Speaker 1: People, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Like a teacher calling a eight year old who's sobbing full? What what ful? We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. Uh, we're going to talk about the latest victim narrative update from the Mega world, because they they got some theories as to what's going on with Trump. Great all American story about Elvis's Graceland home being foreclosed on. It was a headline all over the place in the past week, and now it turns out that it was kind of a scam. Oh, but that they're there's like all sorts of dark disagreements happening with Elvis's state and just a just an interesting story for our time. All of that plenty more. But first off, here we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: I mean, I would say, revealing about what I'm dealing with right now is you know, I host this podcast all about parenting. I have a parent, and this morning we got an email from the school that they love sending this email. The subject line is how many days of school are left? They're like twenty two days left of school? Triggering, triggering, I know where your child is. Yeah, And I was like, last minutes. I mean basically I was just looking at last by what I'm calling last minute summer camps.
Speaker 1: Yeah city, Yeah sure.
Speaker 3: And there's this one because I have this theory that I didn't go to summer camp as a kid, didn't go to sleepway camp. The camp for me growing up, you know, in the owners of six, we had a house with the backyard was particularly special or nice, and and the summer was go to the.
Speaker 1: Backyard, stay there. Yeah yeah, well like.
Speaker 3: Or go find a friend or whatever. But yeah, yeah, for sure, no camp. Like my parents were going to spend money and any of that stuff. They didn't have it to spend. But here in New York it's all ultra programmed. People do sleep away camps with their kids when they're like four years old, which I find like, oh what four year old is that? But anyways, uh, and all of this stuff and we have to do some mixture of that. But the one I want kind of exists and it doesn't really cost a lot, which is someone has a space or a home. I don't even know, and it is they call it like the Montessori method, but I think that's just to make it cool, where they just have a bunch of different rooms with some stuff in it, like one has this kind of toy, the other one has video game and the kid's self guide.
Speaker 1: Fun and uh, I.
Speaker 3: Think yeah, And I think there's like medium supervisioned by a bunch of teenagers that are probably making TikTok videos.
Speaker 1: The whole time.
Speaker 3: And you know, and then like a boxing ye, hey, get on there.
Speaker 1: Oh Pineapple? Did you know they made pineapple? Actually?
Speaker 3: And uh yeah, and then like a box full of Cheetos or something like that, you know, and.
Speaker 1: The loose loose in a cardboard box. Just yeah, just dump the cheetos into that box there, they'll be all right, they'll be right for another And that's that's what I want.
Speaker 3: I feel like all these hyper like your kid's gonna walk at it here a stem certified. It's like engineer of a architecture, like what whatever is what they always offer? You look at it on the page, and I mean I'm often like I want to go to the summer camp.
Speaker 1: It's insane. Yeah, man, is it like super competitive? Like how like preschools are like getting being like oh we like as you say, last minute summer camp be like fuck, that was something I had to do in March.
Speaker 2: It's that like first comforst serve ship. So it's so competitive for like how type A are your parents?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And right our case not very type Z.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so there was a few I was I was a little bit yeah, concerned, but it seems the one that I want is available. They just want you to give you They just wanted you to give them a chunk of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Mmm, I don't ask most question. It's at a home or a space whatever, like you're never allowed in, but we need that money and all cash up front. Yeah, exactly, just put a sack. Why did you specify unmarked bills? Yeah, nonsequential. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why did you say small bills?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Nothing A five?
Speaker 2: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated? You know, maybe this is related. I didn't think about it. As related. I didn't think of my underrelated underrated as related to my Google search. But I was like, no one talks about the upside of dropping the ball all. It's like, I'm actually a very I'm actually a personality that is not very like. I don't drop the ball. Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So you're a little type on middle type A.
Speaker 3: But recently, just because of life, I've been dropping the ball here and there, And at first I was feeling really bad about it because every every external factor tells you that you should feel like crap about it, and as a well, I should really feel really bad because what what is my contribution If I'm not Karen, Everyone's goddamn balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, drop no ball lady. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it turns out that sometimes when you drop the ball, like you don't get back to something, like you just forget about things, or you don't do summer camp on time or whatever. It's uh, look it solved. Like it's amazing you could drop balls and you just get more efficient at solving them quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the part of the ball dropping process is also giving yourself, like the confidence in yourself that you can address any kind of anomaloust thing that happens, any deviation from your set out plan, any contingency, because like, I'm just thinking of like what my therapists are and I can't drop the ball, And it's like, but don't you trust yourself that even if the ball is dropped, that you would be able to figure it out. I'm like me, aw, damn, yes, wow, I do trust my you know what, I'm dropping the ball because I know I can pick it back up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I won't be paying you this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that cool?
Speaker 1: I'm going to drop the ball.
Speaker 2: One thing I need you to not drop the ball.
Speaker 3: I might drop the ball in this payment though, So yeah, I got to think of, like, you know, there's a bunch of things in this world that we always talk about it, like, you know, but there's so many people talking about trauma and how trauma fixed your life, and I'm sometimes like, what's the upside of trauma? Like sometimes you know, you don't have to diet because I'm so consumed with your trauma. You're not You're not eating sugar.
Speaker 1: Right at all? Yeah, I didn't realize I'm not taking care of myself. But the hey, look I had other parts that go along with it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The older I've gotten, the more I've realized that I'm incredibly bad at judging, Like what is going? Like, I feel stressed out about the wrong things. I like worry about the wrong things.
Speaker 3: And then oh should you be worrying about? Uh oh, now I'm worried. Do I worry about the wrong things? What should I be worried about?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I just like, you know, events or something that I'm like dreading end up being fine or good. And then you know the stuff that.
Speaker 1: Just say, Jack, it's the migrant convoys that are headed our.
Speaker 2: I just spend I mean I've been I've been pitching this story to Miles forever.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's just it's senophobic fear a monk they're talking about on the news man.
Speaker 2: You can see the corkboard behind me. But there's there's some things that I need people to listen to.
Speaker 1: Is that dread on the corkboard? Oh you read right? Yeeah? Yeah? Guy?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just I feel like a lot of you know, I talked to an older person one time and they were like, if I had non like, now what I or if I know, if I'd known, then what I know now, like I wouldn't have worried about ninety five percent of the shit that I spent my life worrying about. Yeah, that's like you to say, easy for you to say, asshole. But like when I look back at like an old to do list full of things that are like stressing me out that I have to get done, Like I don't even remember what most of them are, Like.
Speaker 1: They're just so insignificant, so dumb. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On the other side of that, I feel like anytime someone's you know, doing the an older person is doing a reflection of like, you know what I think about it now, was really I just spend time with loved ones and you know, friends and family. And you're like, yeah, but you you made a fortune, right, you didn't do that for a very very, very very very long time. Yeah, now you're saying we should all spend time with loved ones, yet you've been doing that for like thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a millionaire biography who's just like in retrospect, I pulled myself up by the bootstraps and it was really easy and I didn't need anybody, but like.
Speaker 1: I just want all I should have spent time with my family. What is something you think is overrated? You know what? I don't like mocktails.
Speaker 3: Mocktails are going crazy right now around everyone with their mocktails. And I guess there's as I was going to say, there's like a rise of sobriety, but no, it's just alcohol because everyone's microdosing.
Speaker 1: Heroin or whatever they're doing. Yeah, yeah, microd heroines. So just just a little bit, man.
Speaker 3: And a little bit much better at the office, so much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So there's you know, so there's this big thing mocktails.
Speaker 3: And they're served in you know, Marchiiti glasses and cocktail wear, and they have garnishes and often they have a taste profile that is supposed to feel like, you know, something kind of interested, and and they're seven dollars or eight dollars or twelve dollars way more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what they are. Juice. Juice, Yeah, juice.
Speaker 2: It sometimes tastes like shit though, like a like a tequila, like it has tequila in there, but it doesn't.
Speaker 3: What is you know, it would be okay if I was.
Speaker 1: Drunk at the end of the right that would make it better maybe worth the money. Yeah, they've do it's I think it's pretty genius that they've just found a way to upsell people on juice, right because like I remember the other day I had a mocktail because I just wasn't drinking or whatever. It's like, oh, this seems interesting, and then I'm like, this just tastes like a fucking good juice. But it's because they said it had like you know, pea flour and like it turns it blue or whatever that I'm like, oh shit, it turns it blue, you know what I mean. And then I'm like, I paid thirteen dollars for what tastes like apple juice with grenadine.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, exactly, with like a a sort of like burnt lemon floating on top of it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, don't eat the burnt lemons. By the way, I've tried that. I've been like, they look tasty, look like I want you to like kind of look candied, and then you bite into them and you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: This is a this is made of wax.
Speaker 2: Essentially eating the wax lemon in the middle of the table.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get the like a sort of visual thing of like don't wanting do you want to visually be like, well, if other people drinking alcohol and I'm not, then this sort of helps that for sure. But I ask you, Jack, as someone who's sober, does the mocktail appeal to you from in that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sometimes, like just to like I like a spicy mocktail. Sometimes just because that's you know, like a real gingery like knock your clear. But for the most part it doesn't bother me to like not appear to be drinking anymore. But it did when I first stopped drinking, for sure, and like mocktails were cool for that. But also you know, just seltzer water and the lime also works well for that.
Speaker 3: But I think I think the mocktail culture is mocking people who are sober, Like I think it's I think it's for people who are playing like literally who are playing with different drugs. Yeah, because for people that are sober, there's no way you should be charged twelve dollars like that.
Speaker 1: Is insults, Yeah, yeah, the double insults. Yeah, there's a there's it's like, what happened to the cost saving benefit of not drinking alcohol all the time? It's like, whoa, you know, that's why I mean, like, you know, good trip is always if you're not drinking, just say you're the designated driver, and usually bartenders just hook you up with non alcohol typically, right, is that right?
Speaker 2: I've never tried it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean like when I was doing like event bar managing and stuff and just having to take like a lot of bar classes and hanging around that like scene, Like the designated driver thing was always kind of like a way to be like, yeah, dude, I'm can I just get a soda with a line. I'm a like DD tonight.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, yeah, even though I don't drink, I insist that the people who drink actually drive me home. So that's I have a weird I'm weird like that.
Speaker 1: And just driver. Of course, it's always dancing. I know about this one.
Speaker 3: You got to find your risk somewhere, right.
Speaker 1: Ten just doesn't matter where you get pulled over, you just snitch on the driver drunk.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some.
Speaker 7: News and we're back and yeah, so there's the Republicans have kind of mastered the art of making themselves the victim in any situation, no matter what.
Speaker 2: They love to talk about cancel culture, love to talk about how the left is obsessed with like being the victim, and truly, he couldn't be any truer of them.
Speaker 1: Racism is happening to me actually by pointing out was like everything. It's honestly, it would be impressive if it weren't so predictable and nonsensical. But the fact that they try it every time, I think is commendable. But yeah, this week we had to endure all kinds of nonsense. We had people shrieking outside of the courthouse. We had conspiracy theories so bad it does a disservice to actual conspiracy theories. But first up, I just want to talk about the carnival of ass faced suits aka Trump's chorus of siccophants that he has outside the courtroom. They have diligently stood by Donald Trump as he concludes his Stormy Daniel's hush money trial, where again he's facing over thirty felony charges for falsifying business records. And it was like these events tended to be like half Vice president auditions and half like who can cry the hardest about Trump being persecuted? Yeah, like the most unbelievable way. This week's winner is Texas lieutenant Governor, what are you doing over there? For Dan Patrick? He made a really interesting point about how Trump is being targeted. I won't say, I won't say by who, because it's it's better when you just hear it out of his mouth to say, who's going after Trump? Let's hear it, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patricks.
Speaker 5: To the average America, what happens to any of you if the courts of New York come after any of you because of something you said, because you said something the ruling class didn't like. And that's what all these other countries are about. They shut down the ruling class. They want to be any They want to be sure that anyone that speaks up against the ruling class disappears.
Speaker 1: Oh, they want Donald Trump to disappear.
Speaker 5: They want to send him to jail. They want to take him off the main stage because they know here's their biggest danger, to take in the ruling class down. No, you know why Donald Trump is not the ruling class.
Speaker 2: Remember running class be facing seven and thirty years in prison.
Speaker 1: What a pathetic question a member of the ruling This is so fucking wild. I mean, so he's getting to get jobbed by the ruling class.
Speaker 3: I love the phrase the ruling class. By the way, I think that summarizes democracy and just a couple of nights works of America, right right, right, yeah, Just in case you thought we were all.
Speaker 1: Right, I would say, to stand up there, as the lieutenant governor of one of our most backward states right now is and talking about a former president of the fucking America, I would say, by definition, y'all are part of the ruling class. Like I don't think you need to google this one, but again, the way they have to twist their little brains up to be like, yeah, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Like Trump's ivy league educated son who's like masquerades as like a blue collar guy by like shooting shooting things and like having a Goateea, he's like up there with him and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: They're all just regular people. They're just like us. They're fine, They're fine. I would I would love to see just a march of people in their ruling class where I want to see some I want to see some capes.
Speaker 1: I want to see some crowns.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and I feel bad for them for a long time. I would say I've been like but what about the ruling class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think, like I think there's a point like early on, when he first started performing well in the polls, I think a lot of people would roast him for looking like shit and like having bad like hair and makeup, like and that. I don't know, Like now, it feels like most of the criticisms of Donald Trump have to do with things he actually did while president of the United States, or like his aspiring authoritarianism. But I do, like, just in retros, I wish that hadn't been the way that a lot of people approached it, because I do think it left an impression like the sort of you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Never going to be one of the Manhattan elites.
Speaker 3: Right right, although it was the like, you know, in the beginning, it was like he's a fool, and then quickly became he's a villain, right you know, that wasn't just like no one everyone was just like what, yeah, we thought you wanted to make fun of his hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the gentle time. Right now, I mean, yeah, it's it's like, well, he was the president, so he's no longer in the I don't know, I think that may be the logic again, but sir, also again Lieutenant governor of Texas to say that out loud while y'all are doing everything to rule over how people's bodies are used by the people who are operating their own bodies. Like that's real rich to like you say something they don't like or I'm sorry, we don't like you know, they're going to get you. We're gonna get you. Sorry, I mean they fuck uh. Even he caught himself up, he was like, hey, no, because they'll get the other rule ruling c it's all.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me just play that again, because like it is wild that he's like he gets someone, he gets downhill momentum, going for it. But really, because it's so absurd, he can't stick the landing because there is no landing pad. From a fucking lieutenant governor talking about the ruling class. I'm just gonna play it again. And that's what all these other countries are about.
Speaker 5: They shut down the ruling class. They want to be and they want to be sure that anyone that speaks up against the ruling class disappears.
Speaker 7: They want these other countries shut down the ruling class.
Speaker 2: I mean that's true in respect that like the people, the wealthy are the most powerful they've ever been in this country. So like he did like start himself down a path towards like saying something that is true, and then.
Speaker 1: They want to be Yeah, who the ruling class? What sir?
Speaker 2: Just other countries shut down the ruling class by making them pay taxes and not letting them make all the decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah you yes. The next we have a reminder just about how important basic reading comprehension is because Marjorie Taylor Green, who is currently getting cooked in her congress beef with Representative Jasmine Crockett, also from Texas, decided to take the focus off her bleach blonde, bad built, butch body as it was cited during that congressional tiff earlier this week. Oh so there was this whole moment. I should just actually play it for you because it is. It's wild. Basically what happened was they were this was during hearing, an oversight hearing, a committee hearing where they're gonna like, I think reprimand or impeach Merrick Garland for not releasing these tapes from like the investigation that Robert heard it into Joe Biden. And you know that's where his conclusion were like he's a confused old man, and the Republicans wanted to unseal like all these tapes and shit, obviously for their dark aims and the deals. He was like, no, there's no fucking way we're doing that. So then they're like, well, we're gonna fucking get mad at you and in our committee. And in that Jasmine Crockett says, do it do do you even know what we're here for? And then Matt Marjorie Taylor Green says, I mean, do you even know what you're here for? Because I think maybe your fake eyelashes are kind of messing up like what you can even read. And everyone's like, okay, why are we talking about people's appearances? And then Jasmine Crockett was like, can I just clarify something like if we're talking about people and it's and we're not actually making like insults about their appearances. So it's like, so if I talked about her bleached blonde, bad built, butch body like and it like James Comer was fucking He's like, huh what it's just so bad? And now Jasmine Crockett is like making merch and selling it to like support other Democratic candidates, and Marjorie Taylor Creaen was like I am built strong, and like uploaded a video of her doing like dead lifts and cleans and ship and everyone's like, this is the.
Speaker 2: Most chaotic version of every exercise that you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you had that, you had that loaded in your brain for you don't just come up with blonde, bad built butch body out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean right off, she's got she's got a fierce tongue, you know what I mean, Like if you fuck with her, she claps back pretty quickly, so I don't know. I mean it may have been off top, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: As as an ad lib, that's ye, just yeah, gorgeous piece of poetry.
Speaker 1: Well, and like now too, this whole thing has turned off with other people like sampling her saying that and making their own songs, like there's like a country version. It's come like its own Drake and Kendrick Lamar Bief except in Congress. And that's our reality now. So therefore it does not have many many listens, no, or a lot so many that people like breaking down each part like okay, so bleach blonde, now take the bee and eat like, Okay, we get it, but anyway, she wants to take the focus off of that controversy and remind people that the FBI and Joe Biden are trying to do assassinations on Trump. So Trump on social truth to this thing, he said, quote wow, I just came out of the Biden witch hunt trial in Manhattan the quote icebox and was shown reports that cooked Joe Biden's dj and their legal and unconstitutional raid of mar A Lago authorized the FBI to use deadly parenthetical lethal force. Now we know for sure that Joe Biden is a serious starch to democracy. He's mentally unfit to hold off his twenty fifth Amendment at the ferries attack twenty fifth AMENDMT and Marjorie Taylor Green Green quote tweeted that and said I made sure that he knew the Biden DOJ and FBI were planning to assassinate President Trump and gave the green light. Does everybody get it yet? We are What are Republicans going to do about it? I tried to oust our speaker who funded Biden's DOJ and FBI, but Democrats stopped it. Paul Gossar also joined on the bullshit and said that Biden quote ordered the hit on Trump at mar A Lago Christ But of course, again this is just they saw records about like the authorization of a raid, and that they saw like again quote, this is according to the Justice Department policy, law enforcement officers are allowed to use force only when no other safe alternatives appear to exist. That's just like boilerplate standard cop shit. And even like conservative pundits who like love to fucking embrace Trump, like those who had a background like in the FBI or law enforcement, were also shitting on this one, saying like this is boilerplate shit, y'all, like and truly nothing. So go eat a fucking burger please. Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's taking it up a notch like it, Oh he doesn't once you're saying like he's trying to kill me, Like you're basically calling your followers out if they aren't at least ready to like do something about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's also it speaks to his level of sinility, because if you've had an elderly you know, relative be like I think the nurse is steaming right like my scrabble pieces. It's like, oh, we're getting paranoid, now what's going on? But again to your point, like the rhetoric is meant to make put as much like you know, emotion, anger, violence, like into this election as possible to try and motivate people.
Speaker 3: But also you know, they're kind of you got to appreciate the fact that they're kind of there's no other cards to play, like they've played the ball and now they're just straight to like, well, he's trying to kill them. It's like that right, well that really we're just going right to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he is, all right, so what do we do anything else? Got it? Good? No, we got to stop them. That's who the I think because this is their rhetorical like strategy against what the Democrats are saying the Republicans are, which like they're a threat to democracy, like they truly want to just like fucking nuke any sense of democratic norms, like what little we have left in this country, just completely obliterate them. So they're like, oh, we're a threat to democracy. You tried to assassinate Trump. Who's the real threat to democracy? And everyone's like, right, what the fuck are you talking about? Like Trump wasn't even there when the raid happened. So like, are the FEDS that laughably bad at their job that they botched the assassination attempt at a time when the target wasn't even in the red? Okay, sure, but whatever.
Speaker 3: You say, whatever, whatever stories you are weaving in your little I know, it's like death of democracy. No, no, no, we're gonna I'm killing the We're killing the other guy. Yeah, wait a second, the ruling clax, the ruling class. It's like, while Biden in like sort of the Democratic main strategy going into November seems to just just merely be like crying about how bad the Republicans are, their opponents are also crying to their base about how mean the Democrats are. And I think it should be noted that neither are really putting forward ideas to get the electric electorate excited about the future at all.
Speaker 1: It's like this guy fucking sucks, and like this guy turned to kill me, and you're like, what the fuck, dude, what about a child tax credit?
Speaker 3: I know, I would love to hear one piece of policy. I would love to hear one vision, one idea other than you know, to kill me. Are he's gonna kill me? And AI is taking more jobs, right, you know what? And I was like, AI is coming after animators and designers take the president, Like, why don't we get check GBT against both of these dudes.
Speaker 1: Run AI as a candidate's third party, like third late candidate, put the put open, put open AI at a podium.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's a job that could maybe be taken over by a data source, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the memory recall would be impeccable from that, right, they just would absolutely floor the other two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe polling would just be finally accurate, right.
Speaker 1: Who knows? Who knows? You got to pick up the phone first.
Speaker 2: This combined with the like Supreme Court having people who are like pro authoritarian overthrow or like willing to like back the big lie person like on a personal level, and then this level of the how like people in the House, it just feels like, I don't know, like things can always be way worse, and it feels like a second Trump presidency would find ingenious new ways to just be so much worse and like violate people's human rights.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this is the time of this is when I became an American citizen. Okay, right, It's true. I guess I like joining things, says they end. If I join things, they end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, oh, the movie's ending now I just got here. Well, maybe there's a post credit scene I can catch maybe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, that nurse is stealing my scrabble tiles, Miles and okay, I wish you wouldn't use that as your exams, all right, because that's denying what.
Speaker 1: A little too early in the day for you to start saying this kind of stuff, Jack, It's usually later in the day when the sun goes. I know it. I know she's stealing him hot tip. Don't the tuna today? Yeah? You know what I mean? Nods in. Are you sure that's why I smell like that. I don't never even said anything about an odor at all. You were gonna, though, you were gonna.
Speaker 4: I could see you thinking, like, all right, well, I gotta get back home.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about Elvis. And we're back and right now. Elvis's old home, Graceland, is the subject of a heated litigation. It was set to be foreclosed and sold out of public auction on Thursday because, apparently, like according to news stories that we saw last week. The late Lisa Marie Presley allegedly owed three point eight million in an unpaid loan, but then his granddaughter, the actress Riley Keo, sued to block the foreclosure. And now, like the evidence that's coming out, people are like, Okay, so let's look into this company that claims they got this loan, and like they they have like emails that have like LLC spelled with like three l's.
Speaker 1: And like that that's because it's a legit limited liability.
Speaker 3: Thank you lucky, I was going with the.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the company that runs Graceland, Elvis Presley Enterprises EPE, is claiming that the loan from a company called Nasony Investments is fraudulent and that Lisa Marie Presley never borrow money from Naseny Investments, never gave a deed of trust to Nasty Investments, and adding to the sketchiness of the loan, the notary who's listed on the documents said that she never met Lisa Marie Presley nor notarized any documents for her. Oh okay, yeah, the trial still happening now. Kurt Naseny is like one of the nasties that's associated with it, and he's like, I don't know, man, Like I ask the attorneys. He just keeps saying, the attorneys can make comment exclamation point.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So like his punctuation is like a little unhinged off the bag, right, I love minding Colon's And yeah, yeah, the attorneys can make comment exclamation point.
Speaker 1: All right, fine, he said, I left the Ferman twenty fifteen. It should not be named in the filing. It's like, oh, it's like, but it's named after you, man, it's named after my brother.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's there's so many families involved in this, and that's part of the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part of the problem.
Speaker 3: It's just like people passing stuff around to people who never wanted anything to do with it in the first place, right, except for, of course the beneficiary.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they had no they have no physical address beyond two PO boxes and an address that turned out to be a post office. They're like, oh, you want our like real non PO boxes? Yeah yeah, okay, okay, exactly how much is it worth to you? His email signature has an out of service phone number. The other employee has the LLC spelled with three l's, and the email doesn't return that they won't return email.
Speaker 3: So the reason someone that used to be a talent agent in New York, Like they write those skills new actors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the agent in thirty Rock I remember, yeah, yeah, I mean I feel like this combines the two great like obsessions America of America. So the great obsession of America's past Elvis and the obsession of America's present and future is scams. And just like everybody shamelessly trying to scam each other out of and so you have the what appears to be, you know, allegedly appears to be like an illegitimate scam, like hastily thrown together of this like fake organization being like she promised us money. So we get Graceland now, right, And then there's the more legitimate scam of Elvis Presley Enterprises. So first of all, there's like a dispute, like a familial dispute where right KEYO and Priscilla Presley or like beefing over who is the sole trustee.
Speaker 1: So it's like.
Speaker 2: Grandma ors granddaughter. But the county registrar, first of all, reportedly has no record on file of a deed related to Graceland so it's just like good old fashioned Southern bookkeeping.
Speaker 3: On a cocktail napkin somewhere exactly, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And then Graceland itself appears to be kind of a scam in and of itself, like they get tons of tax breaks from the city they aggressively fought for more purely to fund an expansion that would add a hotel, airplane hangar, because you always need one of those, and a factory where locals would assemble Elvis merchandise such as chia pets.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we need these tax incentives so we can build a fucking factory.
Speaker 2: For nich An Elvis chia pet factory.
Speaker 3: Is that what we need the plane for? To bring in the airplane?
Speaker 1: Obvious logistics too, to distribute the merchandise also right on one business one.
Speaker 2: And so Elvis Presley Enterprises threatened to relocate the entire house to another city like Nashville or even Asia or the Middle easte. Yeah, the magicne the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Were anything the largest competitors to Memphis, Nashville or Asia.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, Like it's wild, Like the threats they've even made when they're like, oh, you don't think we're real. It's a quote. We've had substantial offers to take every piece of wooden panel and move it. Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Pop men will be working on this.
Speaker 1: Man. Have either of you.
Speaker 2: Ever been to Graceland.
Speaker 1: I haven't. I haven't either.
Speaker 2: Waiting for them to complete the factory and the six thousand, two hundred seat are ren know that they're also asking for I'm just.
Speaker 3: Waiting for them to I hear they might relocate to Toronto. You know that's also up there too, So who knows?
Speaker 1: It's like Nashville Nashville, Yeah, right, exactly. I mean I feel like every time I've asked people who have gone, they're like, yeah, I mean, if if you really like it, if you really like Elvis, sure, if not, right, yeah, Vere's like, oh my god, man. I felt like I was at the taj Mahal or some ship's right.
Speaker 3: I learned stuff I didn't know about one of the greatest American artists ever.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, this is what his living room looked like. Cool?
Speaker 3: All right, tours over Supposedly, you know, you can't go upstairs, right, like the bedrooms and uh, the you know, alleged place of death is all curtained off. You can't even go to the good parts. Yeah, toilet, Yeah, that's okay. Yeah, and you can't even see that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I know, that's like that's where i'd start the tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, exactly. It begins and ends with this toilet, is what I was. That's how you structure the tour. Yeah, and it's and.
Speaker 3: Also it should be like next to it should be the public toilets, so it could be like oh cool yeah.
Speaker 1: Or replica yeah yeah, and yeah, there's no urinals. It's like, now you've got a piece sitting down and you can die like Elvis did here.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, the dream.
Speaker 1: So who's good? Who's good?
Speaker 3: So there is no deed there, there is no deed, there is no company.
Speaker 2: The thing, the fake loan, I think it feels like that's gonna they're gonna like get to the bottom of that one. But the one that feels like they're gonna get away with it is the Graceland like basically getting taxpayer dollars for Graceland expansions. You know, a lot of people are asking why a city that regularly ranks among the nation's poorest is giving several hundred million dollars in tax breaks to a long dead rock Stars House museum where the cheapest ticket costs forty one dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the.
Speaker 2: Answer is because that's how America works. That's how like almost every like professional sport team like arena, like that's how those get built. It's yeah, this is yeah, and they have like billionaire owners and right they're like, yeah, no, we're going to need you to pay for us, or we're going to take your team from this giant market to Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Do that. I mean, just do that, trust me. I don't the second that shit leaves Tennessee. I don't think people are like, oh cool, Graceland is in Orange, California now.
Speaker 2: Right, like and somebody could just build Graceland right there, like rebuild it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly like on this site stood Graceland. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean you could art direct that tomorrow. I mean, that's just another thing like the way people build things and how we build sets and everything, like you could not tell you could do an exactly replica in every one of these cities, and you know, everyone would fight over which one they think is real. And then I have this question obviously, like you know there's plenty of people out there who are like Elvis, Elvis, but as the population yeah age so yeah, and it's not like the music. The music is not exactly enduring. It's been you know, it has been riffed upon and covered and changed and influenced as so many people. But that exact music, I would say, is not I don't hear like it's.
Speaker 1: Not part of the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe it isn't in Tennessee. Maybe you go to Tennessee and no.
Speaker 1: It's it's all diminishing returns. I think that's why they're so all in, because it sounds like Graceland is the one thing that consistently makes money because like in this Rolling Stone article they talk about how like, you know, ten years ago, the estate was pulling in quote sixty million dollars uh selling memorabilia. That number fell by thirty percent sales from memorabilia. D oh, So this state overall was doing sixty and then that fell by thirty percent. Memorabilia dropped from nearly four million dollars in twenty seventeen to less than one point five million dollars in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that would be a good indicator that you're right, O. Fear that like people are not and also there's probably diminishing returns when you've sold like three million of Elvis's teeth and they're like, wait a second.
Speaker 1: How many teeth to this fucking guy? Only one million limited edition? One million left exactly Yeah this in a Guardian poll in twenty seventeen found that thirty percent of respondents aged eighteen to twenty four had never heard even one of Presley's songs. Wow, so yeah, yeah, they gotta they gotta go meta with Elvis somehow. They gotta figure out.
Speaker 2: They tried with Baz Luhrmann being like, yeah, this actually was a civil rights icon.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, don't ask how old Lisa Marie was when they met. Sure, you've heard this song, but have you heard his song like make an older lady so home? Don't thrust your hips Elvi? I really I have.
Speaker 3: To also really just think of like the shape of the chia head that would allow the grass to grow in a way that would.
Speaker 2: Replicate, replicate Elvi. Hard One It's hard is because his hair was so like specifically and rigorously koifed, like how would a chia pet work?
Speaker 3: It would have that mold would have to be very three D or you might have to room. Is that part of a chia that you have to go in and groom it? You have to give it a haircut? Do you have to give it a chia HAIRCUTT?
Speaker 1: Please? You know what? Please let me know? I mean because now like it's just wild because now we eat chia seeds, I know, you know what I mean, like chiaia. They're like, I don't know, man, smear this ship on a fucking terra cotta skull and you're like, it's a chia pet. And now it's like I only eat these yogurt smoothie is with chia seeds in it. Like, it's also interesting to see the evolution of the chia sees.
Speaker 3: Amazing, that's amazing, right from Chris Chris crappy Christmas present to like an overnight oats explosion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right exactly. It's like, now I pay seventy dollars at Arawan for three chia seeds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Elvis chia that I'm seeing like a label for I can't tell.
Speaker 1: If this is real. I don't think it's real, but it.
Speaker 2: Looks like shit. I mean, it's just it looks like a green chairy curl.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's nothing that no, uh uh huh.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think no one's I don't think anyone's actually made it. And I think but I mean, I guess in a way they know their market because the only person who would buy a fucking chia pet in twenty twenty four would be someone who's like, yeah, Elvis, yes, I'll put it next to my whatever other fucking chia pets there were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't even know a hedgehog.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, I'm trying to think of like who would be appropriate for that. I'm guessing Bob Ross, I feel like has like chia esquet sounds right.
Speaker 1: I think there was a Bob. It's funny it auto filled into Bob Ross chia pet. But I don't think that's actually it. Oh wait, John Donald Trump? Oh wow, No, you know what, dude, chia pet has a whole. I thought I was due. I thought I was mistaken. Uh no, oh boy, here we go, freedom of choice, Donald Trump? Wow? Wow?
Speaker 2: So chia is like full right wing, like Heartland, oh spice, wow.
Speaker 1: Look you know what I mean. Look, they're like, hey, if if there's customers, we're not going to say, no, you can get a Wednesday Adam. Oh, they're really out.
Speaker 2: Here, Willie Nelson. Nelson, but how are you They got rogues.
Speaker 1: I don't worry about it. It's our it's our wacky version of shoes.
Speaker 3: These are not even real, a bit downhill, Like they can have a ghost face from scream.
Speaker 1: I know, what is that? Whose hair? You've like never seen one? Wait, they're also selling a Christmas story the night Light, like the leg lamp talking clapper. That's not even a chieta thing. Okay, there we are, Bob Ross.
Speaker 3: We've got Bob I mean to play to everybody. Yeah, oh, Chucky the.
Speaker 1: Chucky, Yeah, a hedgehog, Like.
Speaker 2: Everybody should go check out chia dot com slash collections. Uh, let me let me.
Speaker 1: Get you that u r L. It's w w W dot.
Speaker 2: But the it's like such a shitty it's such a shitty website. And I love that this was like what they were basing their pitch for for the like factory, the Elvis factory. They're like, yeah, we could even like maybe make some eldest Chia things.
Speaker 1: Wow. Oh the Golden Girls, who do you want Blanche Dorothy Rose or Sofia.
Speaker 3: I mean, why would you only have one? That's that's a really weird question. It's a whole you get.
Speaker 2: All every golden girl, please thank you, but with chia hair.
Speaker 1: Well if you're ah, what a pleasure having you on the daily. I know what I want?
Speaker 3: A chea of you guys, that's what I want.
Speaker 2: Oh h Pharaoh, that's auto part owns Berg.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, when we reach that summit, it'll obviously be known across the land that you can it is daily guys day. So yeah, exactly, Welcome to national And I'm gonna be the first chia pet that has male pattern baldness represented and how the grow on the head. Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: I would like that one for the chia pet when I get my hair cut, so it all works out, let me get the chia.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is that? Man?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: It's nineteen ninety nine, that's all I know. The like, I guess I can give you a perm and a color job this curly and green?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah you think this is an accident? Come on, oh Fiah, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, As I like to say, the best place to interact with me is on Venmo. I'm at oh Fira. That's the only place I was actually able to get at Opeira, So I always get excited. It's just my first name. But no follow me on the socials. I'm at oh Fira E and all my shows are listed at my website as well at Fiara Eisenberg dot com.
Speaker 1: Listen to my.
Speaker 3: Podcast parenting as a joke. And if can I say, if you're in Boston next week?
Speaker 1: Is that cool? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Please, I'm in Boston next week. I rarely get to go out to Boston. Actually it's North Shore. It's Beverly, Massachusetts, which is fifteen minutes from city center. And let me tell you, I'm gonna be a bally keep saying Boston and all the people like it's not Boston. There's nothing I like more than not Boston.
Speaker 1: Pride off Boston. It's Beverly.
Speaker 3: But that's on Wednesday, the twenty ninth at a lovely theater called off Cabot. And so yeah, I'm go to be headlining doing some stand up.
Speaker 2: Come on over, amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Is there you know what a work of media I have been enjoying?
Speaker 3: I guess I'm a little bit late to this maybe, but I recently finished The Gentleman.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Guy Ritchie the show.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the show. I would I mean, I gobbled that up. I would have a hundred of those. Yeah, that is that is so my speed. It's got great dialogue, the characters, it's action. I mean everything about it was life.
Speaker 1: It felt like Guy Ritchie like back doing the thing that he did well, which is like interesting characters and all of that.
Speaker 5: Like it.
Speaker 1: There's a bit of a fall off. I feel like after Snatch and I was struggling to find that. That's right, you had it? Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 2: I loved Miles. Where can people find you? What's the work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Uh, what do you say? Goddamn it? What happened enjoying? Oh? Is it enjoying? Goddamn it?
Speaker 2: People should pronounce the g's at the end of the words.
Speaker 1: Go ringa damn it. Yeah. Find me at Miles of Gray wherever they have at symbols. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and jacko Mad boost these. You can also find me talking ninety day Fiance on four to twenty Day fiance with Sophia Alexandra Uh and a tweet I like is from at the Garrett just quote there's always these CNBC or fucking Forbes dot com things written about what gen z or millennial workers are fucking doing. Now underneath this latest one quote tweeted this headline that said millennials are quiet vacationing rather than asking their boss for PTO. There's a giant workaround culture, and the at the Garrett just be hey, shut the fuck up. You know what?
Speaker 3: Can I just say that when I was I was working at office for years to make ends meet, and I was also starting to audition, you know, for commercials and whatever, and I would I would be like, I'm just gonna go get a bagel, and I would like run across town and put on makeup and like wait in an audition room and do an audition and then like you know, leave and.
Speaker 1: Get back and licking your fingers.
Speaker 3: With like with like a different shirt on and totally made up. And you know, that was that was what was always like wherever bagel Huh. I was like, sorry, yeah, it has been happening for a while, just in different iterations.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember like leaving for like job interviews or other things like at your job. And I remember like just not being on top of my ship. And I said dental appointment like twice in like three two weeks. Yeah, everything all right? Yeah, why well you just keep going to the dentist, dude, What the fuck? Man? I got terrible fucking cabinies. Man, that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: Even ask back to the dentist again. Anyway, here I go.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just hate going there. Oh you know what, I probably won't We'll probably won't even be back later today. It's gonna be so mad. Stuff amazing.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian. Uh. John Phipps tweeted, there's nothing museums like more than having a big entrance that is clearly the entrance in which you absolutely cannot use to enter the museum anymore. That's a very fun experience the La Natural History. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. My what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: I think they may enjoy this track from an artist named Cha zeal c h e z I l e uh. And it's just kind of like a dreamy indie rock track, just kind of you know, it wasn't like intense or aggressed. It just kind of felt, you know, dreamy. And who knows. The lyrics might be well like wicked wick could be wicked frigging violent or something, but I don't think it is. It's called Beanie b e A n I E. And this is by Chazel, So just some dreaminess just to begin our are warm down into the week, chezy all right.
Speaker 2: We will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Zaika is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio, ap Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk.
Speaker 1: To you all then. Bye bye,