Speaker 1: Now, the Shotgun Starting Golf is full of mathematics. There's a lot of a lot of setup work that we have to do in order to make a tournament work. So I'm going to demonstrate to you just exactly how we do a shotgun start.
Speaker 2: Here and where we alright, alright, alright, day no man, darn.
Speaker 3: Your greetings, and welcome to a Monday edition of The Shotgun Start. It is October seventeenth, Andy. How are we doing, Brendan, I'm doing great?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Thursday night football was was rough, but with by a line I picked me up.
Speaker 4: On Saturday. We're we're at number.
Speaker 5: Eighteen in the in the rankings. We go, we're going into bye week. I mean, we're gonna be top team the next time we play.
Speaker 3: That's not bad, pretty good. I mean, this was an epic sports weekend. I gotta be honest. I don't know if Illinois Minnesota was like fourth front page of that, but this was a great, great sports weekend.
Speaker 4: Whether you are. It's not even over yet. We're still waiting for Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a great Sunday night game between Eagles and Cowboys, like a good matchup. We're recording here about five o'clock Eastern on Sunday, Bill's Chiefs going on right now. We had the college football. It was just like Tennessee Kansas State. I'm sorry, a TCU versus Oklahoma State. Just great college from USC. Late you had the Padres beating the Dodgers, the Phillies, My guardians like just a Jetta about your guard got the scene in Jetta that rivaled them all. With the fans storming the Green Us.
Speaker 5: You know, everything was ending. And I turned Zozo on and I was like, I was gonna watch it. I was gonna watch it and flight this morning we had our event down at Prairie Dunes, so we're recording from Hutchinson, Kansas. But uh the uh, I was gonna watch the Zozo to conclusion. But but I'll tell you what, Keegan and Ricky kind of put me to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that that's the hallmark. That's Keegan and Ricky. That's fifteen years we've known them. That's like, how can I shoot like sixty eight or maybe you know sixty seven.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's just nothing about those guys. Games jumps off the page and makes it super like does that not mean they're bad. No, Like, ke Get's an amazing He's a legit. He takes so much shit for the you know, the pace of play and sort of the start stop and you know he has got the mass whole stuff going on, some Boston backlash for him, but he's like, he's just he's a real pro. He's not some four egg guy. He's been a real pro for more than a decade. I know it had been a few years since he won. But yeah, if you're going to talk about something that's going to keep you up, I guess the Ricky storyline was interesting, but that's what Ricky does when things get interesting. He just puts it in, puts it in neutral, or goes not in a mile over the speed limit, just kind of goes twenty five down the middle lane all day. That's what happens with Ricky. But I would have been great if you want.
Speaker 5: Keagan is a certified ball striker, you know, like all time all timer plus years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like, and the thing about those guys, it's kind of like Lucas Glover, you know, Chad Campbell is in this vein like guys that really really struggle with the flastick. But can you know, you don't go anywhere, like it's impossible to like lose your card when you hit it, when you flush it.
Speaker 4: So well, like when you're one of.
Speaker 5: Like the fifteen to twenty best you know, tee to green players in the world, once you make it up on tour, you're just going to ball strike your way to card every year.
Speaker 4: And Keegan's done that. Obviously.
Speaker 5: The putter, the putter ban was the thing that will always like I think, like you know, the putter band might have cost Kegan from like Hall of Fame. Yeah, if the belly putter doesn't get banned, you know, does he as his at as it is? He's probably horrendous, horrendous putter. He's at five wins in a major.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, he's probably maybe going to double digit wins. Maybe, I don't know, maybe that's over over his all this, but it feels like.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for some data boys to come at that take.
Speaker 5: But like, honestly, you know, the other one would be Web, Like what would would Web have won?
Speaker 2: More?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: Granted he became a good putter, I don't think Maybe his distance the thing is, Keegan had the distance to to get it.
Speaker 4: Done, has gotten a lot of his career.
Speaker 5: I got to ask you a question, what do you think the pressure of getting to number one in the world was?
Speaker 4: What held Ricky back yesterday.
Speaker 3: Was that in play FedEx Cup number one if he won.
Speaker 5: Allegedly according to Addie, the guy that put together are.
Speaker 4: Her, he's never been there.
Speaker 3: He's never never been there, never been one, all the distinctions everything. I figured he'd be one after one of the players, just by like virtue of those bonus points and things like that.
Speaker 5: But okay, he would have been one if he had If you had gotten one, he would have been one achievement closer to catching the Prince upon avidra Uh.
Speaker 3: This event doesn't do a lot for me. I think it's good that they go. They have a pretty I thought, a pretty strong field this week. They've got a you know, stronger field maybe in the past thanks to Tiger, but are more interesting. I suppose this was. It's just hard to get up for it, right, I think if you're like really into something and you know you want to stay up at eleven, Like I watched it pretty late last night. I watched till two in the morning Eastern, and then I bailed it. Like when they're on the fifteenth hole and it was like a one shot spread, and I was like, like you said, I just can't you know, this isn't Sabo playing for gold medal. This is just a little zozo. I can't stay up for this. So I went to bed and uh, it's okay. Yeah, I mean it seemed to mean a lot. To Kegan Bradley, He's like, I played with Tiger in this event. It does seem to be gaining a little bit of history. Not with everybody. You see Grumpy Grio, Grumpy Grio going on the record, living up to his name, his nickname. Here just there was this guy aggregated. He goes this, of course, he shot like sixty four on Sunday. He's like, is this of course it plays well? Kind of tree lined? He goes, not really, I don't like it, to be honest, this is Grumpy Griel. It's a tournament.
Speaker 4: He has sixty five sixty four on the week.
Speaker 3: It's a tournament. You have to play. It's a lot of points and not so many players. So obviously I feel like I want to keep playing it here. I don't know if that's going to be the case, but it's been a good week, So Grubby Green just has to hate on everything, but it seems to be having some year over year traction. Keegan seemed to be really happy with himself for winning this specific event. He loves this course, has some personal history with it and playing with Tiger when he won.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, My question would be, do you think that this event has more of a feel to it if they're playing the CJ Cup next week in South Korea?
Speaker 4: Do you think then this event makes a little bit more so?
Speaker 3: Of course, so we're to taking Tokyota. What's the nearest airport to Congary? Uh, Colombia, Columbia.
Speaker 4: Maybe, yeah, they got about.
Speaker 3: There's some PJ field nearby. But yeah, I mean, why is the CJ Cup not at Jaju Island or somewhere in Korea?
Speaker 4: Is it COVID again? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what I would assume, but I don't know. I figure we were past that at this point. But uh, it was a fine event. Where where? So where do you have Keegan right now? Is he ahead of Ricky as an all time career? I mean, one's got a players, one's got a pg A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 5: I mean you got to look at on the course, off the course, and so I mean Keegan's got as.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, Like, you look at Keegan's wins, they're incredible.
Speaker 5: He's got a WGC, he's so he's got the Major, he's got the PGA, he's got WGC, and he's got a playoff event.
Speaker 4: Wins.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah, beat Tiger, right, So three of us five wins are like really legit events.
Speaker 3: He beat Rose in a playoff in that one right when Rose won, the FedEx Company was like cooking that time. So uh yeah, he's he's won some big boy, big boy events. And in addition to that, Nelson, I think that was his first one way way way back when.
Speaker 4: This now like.
Speaker 5: Who's ten years here's the thing, right, how do you how do you want to judge these two players? Would be the question because I would say if you put together like their best five year period or their best ten year period, it's not close.
Speaker 4: Ricky's better, okay, But.
Speaker 5: Because of Keegan's kind of ability to stay relevant and pop in, I think, like when you look at just the wins, his is more impressive when you look and at the end of the day, I think that's what people kind of generally point to. But Ricky's got a better Majors record, having not one one, but like just the consistency for a few years. I mean, like Ricky's five year best five years versus Keegan's best drive five years, It's not even close.
Speaker 4: Ricky's better.
Speaker 5: Ricky reached a level of golf. So like it's a it's a question of like what how? And this is where I always struggle with golfers, right is how do you how do you rate them? And this is the tricky thing. Is it based off of their like career in total? Is it based off of the term as they won? Is it based off of their their five best years? So I personally probably would rather go with like what what did you do your five best years? If you your five best year span, right, not like you can't take twenty twenty, twenty fifteen, twenty twelve, Like you can't.
Speaker 4: So it's like what was the at the peak of your powers? Who were you? And I think then you take Ricky.
Speaker 3: I mean, Ricky's wins aren't like chump change either. You know, he's got a wells Fargo players at Deutsche Bank, which is a playoff Honda when it was the field was not bad and the Phoenix Open, which always has a strong field. So it's not like I don't know, he's picking off like a three M open here or there, and we're not like necessarily always prone to propping up Ricky. But but it's like a real resume. His wins aren't chump change compared to Bradley's even wanted some really good places.
Speaker 4: Other thing with Keegan this is just a eye test thing. Uh oh uh oh.
Speaker 3: The eye tests usually people don't like.
Speaker 4: Usually this is not a positive for Keegan.
Speaker 3: That's what I figure.
Speaker 5: His wins three of them were in playoffs, two of them were by one shot. Yeah, never really just said wow. There's never been a Keegan Bradley performance where you just go wow, Kegan really had it this week. He was playing, of course to somebody that we weren't, and I think that's kind of important.
Speaker 3: Do you know how high in the world he's gotten, Like I wonder what like his peak high tenth He got the tenth that looks like which feels out right something like that, So congrats to him. He was very emotional at the end. So it was Brooks and winning in Jetta, which we'll get to him in a minute.
Speaker 5: But just wait, just wait, You're gonna have to just wait in this podcast for Jetta.
Speaker 4: How about it? How about Keegan getting in the Pancake Zone.
Speaker 3: You have you should subscribe to the Friday newsletter. I thought we had some great writing from Garrett Morrison on Friday about the OWGR like what are the actual criteria, what is actually useful? What is not? With input from other smart minds in the golf world of our Twitter sphere or whatever they call it, really good article there or a good segment. You have something coming out on the Pancake Zone and Monday's newsletter.
Speaker 4: You can subscribe to it.
Speaker 5: At the five day Club doc that I'm having to, you know, explain yourself, Carlney. Yeah, the Carl Peterson Zone. We call it the Swedish Pancake Zone. Five Win Club, which is what you know, really it started. This whole thing started because Ricky's been in the Pancake Zone for a long time.
Speaker 3: It's five wins and no more. Right as soon as you said five tour wins, big Carl, that's fine, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: The Pancake Zone has illustrious names in it, you know, and I decided to go through all the people in the Pancakes zone at rank you know, active and non active players, the top ten and the pancing zone.
Speaker 3: So you know this, I mean what, you're in your mid thirties, you're ranking. Who are some of these players that you're just you're you're assessing their career.
Speaker 4: So I'll give you. I'll give you one. I included Bob Tosky's Watch Bobs.
Speaker 5: Because I said, where would where would the golf world be about his instructional videos in the nineties, So Bob Tosky is in this top ten.
Speaker 4: Highly subjective I was. I was really bummed.
Speaker 5: I couldn't find a spot for a few players that I wanted to get in there.
Speaker 4: I wanted to get Malty in. Couldn't find spot for him.
Speaker 3: Well, if you double in the broadcasting career, maybe you get that that, you know, amplifies his resume, pushes him up, up, up the rankings.
Speaker 4: But yeah, subscribe read it up. Promoted on social media tomorrow.
Speaker 5: It was I've been writing too much serious stuff lately.
Speaker 4: It was just fun to kick back and I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think this is a serious analysis of the pancakes on the stack. Where are you stacking the pancakes in there.
Speaker 5: I mean the problem is, like Carl Petterson had to be in it, he had to be in the rankings.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's the namesake, for God's sakes.
Speaker 5: I I you know, there's two illustrious Swedish golfers in the pancakes zone Peterson and do you know who the other one is.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess.
Speaker 3: Robert Carlson, yesper, yesper.
Speaker 5: I think stends into the six win club, which we got to figure out a name for that, because Sabo's in that one. Oh, Peter Thompson's in there, and I think it's almost all major championships.
Speaker 3: It's right, right, right again, this is just PGA Tour wins, right, So I guess people worked up. Uh do you see everybody worked up about Michael Campbell being compared to Ricky as Michael Campbell just a one, one time winner. There was some Golf Digest in a graphic it's like would you rather have one major win? And like they're portraying it as nothing else. Well, Campbell's got like all these euroins people in Australia, the Oceanic Area, European tour fans went to town on golf die, Just would you rather be Michael Campbell with one win and it's a major Ricky Fowler with five people went nuts because they're discredited. Campbell had a great, great career, just not PGA tour wins.
Speaker 4: So can I use this opportunity to segue?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is a professional Speaking of comparisons, how was at the airport this morning watching watching Jetta and uh.
Speaker 5: The broadcast made this comparison like times. They kept pulling up this to beam graphic.
Speaker 3: To be clear, it was on like your own personal device they didn't have at the bar at the airport, the airport. It's not my terminal TVs. Okay, I just wanted to make sure. I was like, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: They kept pulling up this absurd graphic that was comparing Peter U line to Brooks.
Speaker 4: Kept. I saw that what are they doing that? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: You guys are so idiotic you're comparing. You're making your tour look like complete ship by putting Peter.
Speaker 4: U lines up there. Yes, I kept they put they weren't clarifying it. They clarify his wigs were web dot.
Speaker 3: Com corn Verry. Yes, I heard it.
Speaker 4: I saw it.
Speaker 3: Because I had already I was already sharpened my lives for you line segment today, like when when he was going to compete in to say like, look this is your classic four A guy. If that right? And now four A guys can win on the PGA tour, right, we see him every now they pick off.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm here from it from our one of our data analysts, Joe Lamania, that we got to watch out for Jaeger. He's speed training and he might, you know, might have enough pop in the bat.
Speaker 4: Now, who's Jaeger? Steven Oh, Stephen Yeger? Oh, classic four A guy?
Speaker 5: I mean he's yeah, he's saying watch out for Steven Yeger. He might he might have gap power. Now he can get the ball out of the infield. Now I plays hitting Gappers.
Speaker 3: Plays in October. My guards never hit it. That's all they do is play a little ball, small.
Speaker 4: Ball, five singles to win a game.
Speaker 3: It's on fifteen fing hits and they were like nine of sixteen with runners in scoring positions, score only six runs. It's unbelievable. And the Yankees just hitting over the wall every time. It's just it's like and they're like, wonder how they lose. Uh anyways, but yeah, it was I was so sharpening the knives. I was like, this is like, this isn't a good look for live. That a classic four A guys all of a sudden like going out winning, yes, yes, doing well, Like I'm sorry Peter Uline couldn't stick on the PGA four at the one twenty five. He's got three career wins. When was the Madeira Islands Open, It's just like barely an event, one of those like Mickey Mouse euro Tour events, even back in whenever he won it twenty thirteen, like it was not a stron event, and then he won two corn Faery Tour events and this is not, you know, obviously a legendary amateur career like really STRAWNI image not legend Shawn am sorry sorry, amateur career that sort of.
Speaker 4: Got to work. It got to number one in the world, but he was hardly a legend. Yes, sorry, but it's sort of talking. We're not talking Ryan Moore here.
Speaker 3: It oversold what was to call maybe like there was a lot of hype of and he's a four A guy. I'm sorry, I I'm not trying to bury him, but he's a for a player Corn Ferry. Maybe he guaranteed money.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe the kid, you know, he just needed some guaranteed money to get his juices really going.
Speaker 3: Brendan, he's played in one Masters and that was twenty eleven. I assume that was an off an amateur deal. So it's not like he's been crushing it and all of a sudden, not all this. But he's doing really well on live. I think that speaks a little bit too. Not having a full seventy two old examination, not having.
Speaker 4: Having to qualify, guy, not having to qualify. In no way this is the thing. In no freaking way.
Speaker 5: If you were saying I'm going to disrupt the PGA tour, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To get you know.
Speaker 5: The only reason that Peter u Line got picked to live was because of his father.
Speaker 3: It's a name that's kind of been no pretty.
Speaker 5: Obviously it protected the titleist sponsorship.
Speaker 3: Mone Also he seems like a pretty. He was very disgruntled. Yeah, he seemed ripe to want to go anyways. One way off of saying the live was just making the argument for me. But this graphic you're talking about displaying.
Speaker 4: They displayed it in three times go.
Speaker 3: Well, they had made it, so they got to keep using it.
Speaker 5: I guess that's my favorite thing about LIFT broadcast is that they make stuff and then they used it.
Speaker 4: They just beat it into the ground.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no commercial breaks, so they got to give their guys, you know, five seconds to take a leak and things like that.
Speaker 5: Was texting me like where did Arlow go for twenty minutes? He probably had to go to the can.
Speaker 3: You know, I want I want whatever drugs came with Jerry Foltz's contract whatever he's on, because at one point I looked up that was they got him the good stuff. I heard he goes the Niblecks are playing with a Engines lately. You know, they spent with the Vengeance. First of all, they finished eleven out of twelve this week they finished eleven out of the twelve teams because they're just trying to hype up this sort of bracket they got going for Miami. That spent half the broadcast trying to figure out how to hype up Miami and all the game within the game of seating for Miami and things like that. But he said, Nippleck's playing with the Vengeance lately. That was my favorite moment of the oh. There was also a little cheeky reference to sounds like Valderama. Did you hear that part when they're talking about Valderama is going to be on the schedule. They were making out we'll see that next year, we'll see it next because I had heard I forgot to bring this up last week, perfect perfect that they at Valderama. I heard Gonzala Fernandez Castano was trying to get a little cut little finders fee. Euro tour guy going behind the back of the euro tour, trying to get live into Valdorama, Valderama into live and take a little cut little finders fee. Off the top of it was what I had heard last week from someone across stafon the hyphen the old hyphen talk about four a guys, although he got pretty higher, higher up in the world rankings, but.
Speaker 4: Sounds like though was it? Was it all because of the points dilemma?
Speaker 3: My one other last pick bone to pick with the Jedda not bone, but observation of the live broadcast. They love love doing the social interruptions. Look who's watching from where? Here's my shot? And I think not I would never tell us to disrupt or sort of hacking it. This could be an opportunity for a fan vote Friday situation for all the fun live golf fans out there, shotgunners, just enthusiasts. Maybe next broadcast we start, you know, because I think this is just red meat. As soon as you tweet at them with a picture, you're set up. You're making that broadcast. So I don't know if we want to have a little fun with that next time around. I'm not be respectful, be honest, but maybe that's the way you get in there. Maybe we can have a little shotguns start fun with the like we did a fan of Friday. Be an equal opportunity disruptor uh and and have the people's voice be heard on the broadcast. If you want to show your setup to live golf watching from Valderama, watching from wherever. They just do that NonStop. Are people interested in that? Here's a picture of someone's grainy shitty picture TV.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's always dogs.
Speaker 3: Oh this this this person has a TV. Now, this person has a TV and they're watching. It's just it's just Philly there, all right. Anything else on the broadcast?
Speaker 4: No, you know, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I it just sucks watching Brooks duel with like Peter you line. These guys shouldn't be in the same tournament, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't even be in.
Speaker 5: The same place ever, and here they are every week and.
Speaker 4: Peter you line is like one of the best players on LIM. What a joke.
Speaker 3: He's playing really well there for about three or four weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: It it it's in dighting of Live, right, I mean it's kind of it's not a good look for Live that that you line is just rocketing up there.
Speaker 5: How about how they have all these bonuses but no, they made that graphic of Brooks and and uh and Peter u line, but they have no no like standings for the Player of the Year race, you know.
Speaker 4: Point they're talking about all this funny.
Speaker 3: They Yeah, none of it makes Yeah, it's all just week to week making it up on the fly. Do you make of anything of Kepka for this win? You make anything that That eighteenth all sucks? I'm sorry. As a playoff, that was terrible. Everybody just hit it right, hit it right, hit it right. You got whatever you got to twenty to forty somewhere in there. And you know, I know, some guys found some interesting life and stuff that everybody would just hit it right and then get up and down. For Bertie, he's very He was emotional after, although I would say it was like basically the exact same speech we got after he won his last Phoenix Open, which was a February of last year, twenty twenty one, where he was like, right, I mean I was in some dark places. I didn't know if I was going to play again, so it wasn't I thought the live broadcast tried to spin that as like this was some sort of momentous validation, when quite honestly, it was the exact same speech, almost to the note that he gave after he won on the PGA Tour, like at the dark times and he was, he was emotional and jedda first for sure. I just I don't really know. It's similar to Eugenio Chikara, like if on a different plane, right, they're in different classes in their career. But I don't know what to assign it to Brooks. Is he off the schneid. Is he now a top ten player in the world again when he hasn't been.
Speaker 4: He was very impressive.
Speaker 5: In the last round, Like the whole round you kind of were like, well, all right, when are you going to dispatch of Peter Uli?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wasn't. He didn't play well.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the emotion was sort of like I can't believe I'm here still, like this is what I'm celebrating. I'm sure he was happy, he won won a lot of money. It's just like this ana dyne unnatural weird scene, Like they had the aerial whatever drone going, and it's just I mean, it's a desert that doesn't they shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: Any There shouldn't have been any aerial coverage.
Speaker 3: And I got this like what's on the other side of that wall, like, oh, it's just a wasteland and maybe some other stuff going. I don't like, it's just a weird scene. And I saw even the most die hard live folks kind of open the admitting that like no one was there, no one seemed to care. They're like.
Speaker 4: Their argument.
Speaker 3: I think it was like Barry Henson was like, well, they're trying to they're working on it, they're growing. Nobody's there, but they're growing. It's getting more interests. Like I don't even know, that's not like the point of what they're doing. They're not trying to make golf popular in Saudi Arabia, Like they're like, that's not gonna happen. Does not become a big golf They may want other people to come there and play golf, they may want to become a golf destination, but like, golf's never going to become It's not gonna be like Hilton Head where there's just like everybody there is a golf nut. And I just don't think the tournament's ever going to like draw like that. Obviously, it's not gonna it's not gonna get crowds. So in terms of Brooks, it's just it was just a weird scene. I don't know how to assign it. A lot of what wait to assign it. Like last week he's beating Peter you Line with sort of sketchy play, but congrats to him on his big cash payout. So he's also talking about how pissed off and how much it sucks that he's found his game, but like there's nothing left to play for really outside of like Miami. It's like the worst time of the year to do it, which makes you wonder. I mean, I don't know he found his game at the right times in those years twenty seventeen through twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: Right here, here's a question, a big a question. This has nothing to do with live. Do you think do you foresee golf ever not being a twelve month a year sport.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, just because people are going to try to squeeze every last dollar out of somewhere some global other market. That's you know, now is the time we go to Now we're going to go to Australia. Now we're gonna go to the Middle East.
Speaker 5: So with that answer of mind, because I would generally agree with that, how dumb is it that we have like four months of majors? Well it's over, yeah, I mean to Brooks's commentary, right like should we if it doesn't seem like golf's ever going to get away from being a twelve month year sport. And as much as the top players want, say they want it not to be a twelve month of year sport, they graciously turn and play golf for lots of money.
Speaker 4: You know they they are in a way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't say no, look at the field for Tiger's hero, there's still you know that that field is always going to have the best players of the world, you know, because they play for a lot of money. So my question would be, like, with Brooks's comments in mind, are the majors being so jammed together and not spread out over an entire year knowing that the full well that the golf year is a full year.
Speaker 3: Feels like you're trying to take another shot at Marco Mira for like how he I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not, But like the thing is like it's actually not like a great representation of because people get hot at different times and when golf, when golf was like a more you know, January through September activity at the professional level, this schedule makes sense more sense now that it is a you know, January to January every year, January through December. I think it like, I don't even with this whole summit, with the Rory and Tiger Summit, those twenty events are going to be spread out through the year. I don't think there's any way they're going to be able to consolidate out some of the events.
Speaker 4: Based like January, Like, what are they going to do? What are they going to do with Zozo right?
Speaker 5: What are they gonna do with the c J Cup because like they either have to like abandon them or not do them.
Speaker 4: And at this point I think that.
Speaker 5: You should really I and this is not this is just I just thought of this when when you said Brooks's comments, because like it is silly that if you're if you're game's right now, you have nothing to play for it when it's a twelve month a year sport.
Speaker 3: I get the pain point you're you're highlighting, but I don't. I don't what's the solution. I mean, you're not You're not adding more majors, right, Obviously we don't want to add more majors. We already are anti players for that.
Speaker 5: You move the p Yeah, here's by here would be bye bye Q one. You have one in each quarter Q one pg A. But it can't be the PGA. It has to they have to rebrand Professional Golfers of the World.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would need to be called like the PGA of the World whatever, not of America.
Speaker 5: But then it's like you host it in in Australia. You know different places you could host that time of year, particularly the Southern Hemisphere because you get the long daylight. Then you have the Masters Q two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, then you have the first ten days of Q two.
Speaker 5: Well, that's fine, we're gonna use to We're gonna have two in Q two, all right, all right, you have then you have the uh, the US Open, and then you move back the open to to like September, first week of September, one hundred and.
Speaker 3: Fifty six players. They have enough daylight for I don't know, probably longer, I don't know, just a thought. Interesting. Yeah, it's interesting that that they're more consolidated than ever. Just to rose bitched about this. You know, the first time they when they moved the PJ to May, it's.
Speaker 4: Like, then move the players to November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could do that. I mean, or you just like if you're a world top like legendary player, you sack up and play when you know you're supposed to be playing well, like I don't know, like like NBA players know they got to bring it in May and June. They've got to be ready. That's when they have to play their best.
Speaker 5: I just think that this would make the calendar more relevant.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you. I never know what to do with this whole part of the year, but I understand Brooks's frustration. At least he doesn't have the equipment deal where he has to if he finally finds it in October, he has to just put in a new driver as soon as well.
Speaker 4: He's got the deal. Now he's a strick shown.
Speaker 3: No, I think they broke that up. I think that may up. Yeah, when he left, I think that left so Hey. One more thing about Brooks. We never got to him last week saying I don't like fence guys who ride the fence about the owgr like either do it or not, Like get out of here with that. He is the worst quotes about fence riders like didn't you do that with live like for like a couple of months and then like bail and say you were like basically going to like be a part of an inner circle. It's advising Jay Monahan on guys were staying and loyalists and then all of a sudden you were gone. I don't know he's guy straddled the fence for a while anyways, but congrass to him on his lift. Jeta Wind can put that in the trophy case next to the US Open. I was wondering if they're putting this on these guys. Wikipedia pages looks like they are starting to do that. So I don't know if that makes some owgr worthy or not. But all right, elsewhere in the world, do you have any other Jedi thoughts? I mean, Ina cut you off there it was. It was a.
Speaker 4: Jedi thoughts.
Speaker 3: I did watch a good amount of it on Sunday morning.
Speaker 4: But that was it.
Speaker 3: Their graphics are really good, I would say, the way they keep it moving with that that leaderboard and jump around the pylon. Yeah, is that what that is? What they call it officially the pielone? Okay. Elsewhere in the world of golf, Adrian O'tagway wins the volve Man all five vos ae I, oh and you all in that last name. Adrian O'tagway wins by six over Yakam lager In at Valderama smokes it. He was so he was a live guy, but not a contract guy. Is that what it was? Got an invite to some of them and then didn't sign the contract. I wonder.
Speaker 4: What's his standing? Can he play in the Ryder Cup?
Speaker 3: There was great? Right? I think he's still eligible? Right, I think he's okay? There was great, Like conspiracy Theorist Lee Westy said the euro Tour was trying to bury him and not celebrate him, like because he had played and lived, Like why don't you call him by his name? Like every tweet had to have like his name in the in the text as opposed to the link and stuff like that. I I couldn't tell you. It didn't seem like they were trying to purposely, or nor could they if they wanted to, just not talk about the guy who won the events is.
Speaker 5: Putting on the tenfoil hat.
Speaker 3: He is, he's getting into I say he was having a back and forth with dam and Lynch the other week. Just a lot going on with Westy on Twitter. So he wins at Valderama future site of Live maybe sounds like On the women's side of things, we had Lexi Thompson wins the Ramco Team Series, which is technically a let event. I saw a headline somewhere that Lexi Thompson ends three year drought with when I just don't think that counts. I don't think. I don't I know they get some great fielder people, people get on us or why don't you talk about a Ramco like the way you do live? Like I don't even know what it is. I don't think it's on TV. I don't think it's broadcast. Is it even streamed? I know they, I know they pay a lot of money. All the top women dabble with it or at least fully subscribe to all of them. Nelly plays Lexi one Lydia Coe's played. I think, like, does anyone care? Does anyone even know what it is? No one's like they they email us like press releases every ten seconds. They play them like in New York, they play them in the States like close by to a lot of mark I just I don't think anyone cares or know what it knows what it is, and I think it's penetrated zero like beyond like the normal LPGA schedule. So that's that's my I just if it's like a sportswa washing attempt. Yeah, of course, like the women should be condemned just as much as the men if if they're taking that money. Lexi of course was very quick to be grateful and praise the Saudi's and the forgetting involved. Of course, their agent is also Bryson's agent. That agency is GSSE, which has done really well with Live. So I just I don't have a strong reaction to the RAMCO because it doesn't seem to have any penetration into the larger golf world at all, any kind of a fact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the I think when whenever live, if they do, when they do, it sounds like they're going to launch a women's golf league.
Speaker 4: I think they're all going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that could happen. Yes, all all of them are going. I mean, there's just not the They can't hold the line like the PGA Torquae, nor do they have the sort of infrastructure and reserves to do so. So that's your Ramco. Anything else from this episode, those are your results from the weekend.
Speaker 4: We're not waiting until the end of the sas.
Speaker 3: That's going on right now. Who's winning?
Speaker 5: I don't know so so AlCH no, here's here's on the TV.
Speaker 4: Actually, no, come on.
Speaker 3: I have friends Couples.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's trying to end a five year drought.
Speaker 3: He's up six, so he's gonna end it.
Speaker 4: He won, He did win.
Speaker 3: Fred Couples is won. Breaking news beat Alca by six. Breaking news. Congrats to Freddy.
Speaker 4: Big year for Freddy, A final round sixty. Holy cow, wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, good stuff. All right, that does it. I got some feedback on the fields event. It sounds like we have some wake Forest people coming, got some Auburn people coming. Uh, you can sign up at the Friday events page.
Speaker 4: I'll be there.
Speaker 3: Flights to Atlanta or you know, we got Uga tennis See. That's Saturday. I think CBS is going to claim that one, now, just a hodge. I was hoping they wouldn't and it would have drop the ESPN at night. But it seems like CBS is probably going to claim that one, and we may not be able to get to Athens for it, but we'll see if if you're I mean, participants may be able to get out of there, get to the fields and get up to Athens for Uga Tennessee. But uh yeah, b drag, you'll be there. They'll be giving out stuff.
Speaker 4: College Michigan State.
Speaker 3: No one asked to come back to Illinois football.
Speaker 4: Top ten maybe by then, No, No, they won't. They got they could they they.
Speaker 5: Nobody Nebraska they gotta buy and then they got Nebraska.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable. What what could be happening here? You play Michigan, Huh play Michigan.
Speaker 5: They're just still I you know, I asked the same question Brendan, if the if the line I somehow run the table.
Speaker 4: Are they in this the FP?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they're gonna put a No.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, I guess they have to be in Ohio state.
Speaker 3: They have to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got the number one defense in the country.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna happen. But anyways, come to the fields events sign up. We're running get lower on spots.
Speaker 4: But we got down there, got Bama Bama l s U two that week. I know, I know that'll probably be a night game.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I bet CBS takes Georgiatown.
Speaker 5: Wake Forest is playing in NC state. That'll be a good matchup.
Speaker 3: It's a great matchup. We do have some Wake guys comings. That's what they're asking for drafty stuff. All right, we'll see you down there.
Speaker 4: Every state, Texas. That's a good game.
Speaker 3: Pretty good game, yeah, everyone, and enjoy screens up Clemson Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: See if the if the Irish shirt will lose another one? How about that losten to Stanford.
Speaker 3: Stanford and Marshall. I guess have no FBS wins. I think I saw another day, so not good.
Speaker 5: We got tears for South Bend. Anyways, everybody enjoy Are you crying for South Bend?
Speaker 3: I have no comment on South It's they have great social media off season content. They won the off season with some of their hype videos and all that stuff. Doing well. But yeah, so all right, everyone enjoy your Mondays. Good luck to the Guardians tonight. Respect the Yankees, great franchise.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna watch the Guardians?
Speaker 3: I struggle. I struggle with watching. I get nervous. I don't like I'd like to turn away, quite honestly, I like to walk her up pace around the room. They'll do some laps.
Speaker 4: Not watch.
Speaker 3: If they do well when I'm not watching, then I'll just like just find chores to do and do other stuff because of superstition and my own mental issues. But yeah, we'll see. Maybe I'll watch. I get anxious watching playoff baseball. Good luck to them. Good luck to the Yankees too. I don't want to Yankees respect. I'm not trying to stir up the stripped the bulletin board. They were, they were, they were crushing the ball last night. All right, good everyone, enjoy your Mondays. We'll be back with you on Wednesday. What is it this week? C?
Speaker 4: J Cup, we c J C J J PLAQ and uh at congaree and.
Speaker 3: Start getting your setups ready for how you watch lift golf see if you can get in there. We'll be We'll keep our eye open taking it all in for R.
Speaker 4: Low.
Speaker 3: All right, talk to you guys Wednesday,