Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm about to get into the episode episode. But as I was editing this, I noticed something. Diamond, I'm gonna blame you. I don't know why. I yeah, because you saw it happening. Oh yeah, but I did not turn off the actual PC that this is being recorded on. So Adobe is open, as apparently are my emails. So as this episode goes, you're going to hear the sound of emails coming through because I'm not editing them out. And that's just I guess, you know, life out here. Here we go. Hello, it's us on the side. I am here with my girl, Diamond. Hi, Diamond, Hi, I might need to turn I'll stay hi again. Hi at your normal level. Okay, that looks good.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, the mic is a little wonky.
Speaker 1: But okay, so you're still coming in. You're coming in like kind of quietly. But whatever. Somebody's been in here tinkering and fixing things, because let me tell you, the studio had some sort of virus from the depths of Hell that was driving me and everybody I was trying to record with insane. Anyway, So today I thought we could do a couple of things. One, there's some ask me anything questions that I feel like are good ones. I've weeded through a ton there are good ones in here. And two we've been talking about potentially spinning off a little podcast like a side of sauce on the side, and I think we should do it. Okay, are you in?
Speaker 2: I'm always down. Should I blindly trust you on things?
Speaker 1: Maybe not?
Speaker 2: But you know what, I'm here?
Speaker 1: When have I led you astray?
Speaker 2: Oh? August twenty fifth, twenty fourteen, or Glacier National Park around.
Speaker 1: That was twenty twenty four and twenty fourteen. As we have discussed many a time, You're the one who ran from the bear. You were not supposed to do that, and you ran off with random whites. Don't that is crazy? That's how you die in a movie.
Speaker 2: Listen at this point, fifty to fifty on white people.
Speaker 1: Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Some are good, some are bad?
Speaker 1: Right, That's the case with everybody, isn't it right?
Speaker 2: But you know, I love I don't. This may be a topic for another day. We were talking about you weren't there. We were talking about what could get you canceled that, and I was like, yeah, my love slash hate relationship with white people. I'm always like, oh white people shit, are like, oh they're the worst.
Speaker 1: Why we got the one star rating? And someone called me racist?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I think they mean it was me because you don't say stuff like that. I do.
Speaker 1: I well to be fair. I feel the exact same way, however, about every race, Like there, I'm fifty to fifty on black people, I'm fifty fifty on Indian people, on Chinese people, on Cambodian people, like, I don't care who you are. I'm fifty to fifty women, fifty to fifty men, ten ninety. I'm not sure about that one. That's a tough one. Oh God, But I feel like I'm fifty to fifty on everyone. I think it's equal opportunity. If ever there was an equal opportunity.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird to just blindly trust anyone unless it's me. You should blindly trust me?
Speaker 2: No, No, who do.
Speaker 1: You blindly trust?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I don't think answer is no one.
Speaker 2: My mom maybe, but even your parents. Your parents are people, right, so they make dumb decisions.
Speaker 1: I used to you su to blindly trust my parents till I grew up, and then I was like, oh, these people are crazy. Oh my god, this is why so many things with me are a muck and a miss and just crazy, because that's what I grew up in. I would say I almost blindly trust my sister. No, but she would be very boring, like she'd keep me safe and I'd probably be successful and mildly happy. But I have really big swings, like really high highs and really low lows, and I think she'd slide in and really even that out. And I don't like that. She's very logical and stable, not a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like my sister could be like that too, but sometimes she just hits you out of left field with some shit. I'm like, please, she's crazy in which, okay, so she's not like I feel like, I'm more like in your face kind of obnoxious sometimes like a lot of energy, chaos, chaotic, right, Okay, she's more chill, but when it comes to her ideas and the things that come out of her mouth randomly, and I think it's just because she's like very comfortable with me, but she'll say shit and I'm like, you're a lunatic, Like you worked at corrections for a while and it shows because your brain just goes anywhere she's crazy.
Speaker 1: She tries to punish you for things, not me.
Speaker 2: She'll say things like, you know, like if somebody does something to me or whoever, she'll say, you know, nobody would miss them if we all woke up the next day and they weren't there. And I was like, you can't say that.
Speaker 1: She can, No, you can't.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, somebody's gonna think you mean it. Saying it somebody might be me one day is.
Speaker 1: A way to get it out of your system. Not saying it is scarier. My sister says to it like that all the time too, and I I say, I will constantly say this. People think that of the two of us, if you were to just meet us, like, oh, you're definitely the scary one. Absolutely not. Priya is terrifying because she will set a goal and knock it down. I'll just talk a lot of shit. She'll ruin your life. Also, did I.
Speaker 2: Tell you my sister is she's gonna she's a doomsday prepper?
Speaker 1: Are you just saying why does she want to survive doomsday?
Speaker 2: I don't. She's like, I have a bag for you too. I'm like, okay, what's in the bag? Flashlights? I think she like keeps the canned foods in a specific place so that like they're not all like you know, just in a random place. There's uh, the stunt guns, but like the pin ones. I'm like, why are we gonna need that?
Speaker 1: She still those her last job.
Speaker 2: No, you can purchase those and they look like a pin And there's like I think, like a it's not it's like clothes, but it's specific, like she's she's I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: So it's like an emergency grab bag. She doesn't have like a cellar like Scotch.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Scott, but she has things everywhere so that if she's in different but she has something in her trunk.
Speaker 1: She has some that's like me with pepper spray. I bought fun fact, Andrew took me to Costco last week. Oh god, and it was glorious and I bought so much shit. They had like a giant, like a bulk pack of pepper spray.
Speaker 2: You can do that. You can buy things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got like eight pepper sprays.
Speaker 2: Oh can I have one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe I need. I need to see my eight places and make sure that I have one. I'm not even can you in my pillow case? Because I'm like, let's someone break in here. Where are you gonna go to grab stuff?
Speaker 2: How do you sleep on that?
Speaker 1: It's just I have multiple pillows on my bed. But I just I it's no point. There's no point in having a weapon if you cannot access it quickly. So like, okay, great, I'm gonna keep my pe my pepper spray in my purse, and my purse is out in my little loft area in my apartment.
Speaker 2: What good is that? I think you're off, But you know what, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. You scare me.
Speaker 2: You scare me.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't scare you. You should feel safe with me because I've never led you astray.
Speaker 2: August twenty fifth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: There was no leading you astray. You led you astray at eleven am, and then you proved your racism.
Speaker 2: No, not really, because I await with white people and they were very nice. I love them. I loved them.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny to me is when we have these conversations and there are the people that say, oh my god, you guys are so racist again, I would like to say equal opportunity. I would say the same thing about whatever, Like, I'm not falling black people into the woods because I'll trust them in the woods.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest. You shouldn't exactly.
Speaker 1: I've seen what happens. No, seen the scary movies. Diamond has the terrible ideas.
Speaker 2: You will get left, You'll get left.
Speaker 1: Want me. Andrew has some terrible ideas too, He's gonna get us all killed. But I don mean, where were we even going with this? I don't know. Racism it's here twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've experienced it. It's my way to give it back.
Speaker 1: Yolo and ie for and eye makes the whole world blind? Dimond?
Speaker 2: Oh oh really?
Speaker 1: Yes? Do you know who said that? No, Gandhi, oham the real one, not the me. That's my favorite thing. My cousins said that she went to so I used to be on the air in Columbus, Ohio a long time ago, and I was just just a baby intern when I started there. But then I sort of grew up. I feel like on the air with them a little bit. When I go back now, I still run into people every now and then. Oh, I used to listen. My cousin was there and she was getting massage, and somebody asked her, are you related to Gandhi and she assumed Gandhi g Mahama Gandhi the Gandhi. She said, yeah, he's my great great grandfather. And the masseuse said no, no, no. The girl on the radio, my cousin said, if I could have slapped her in the face, I would have, because what it's like, you're the baby, You're related to all of us. We are not related to you. This is disgusting, like, ah, yes, yes, kids, good if anything, okay, So speaking of anything, ask me any things. I've compiled some of these questions and then.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous why because sometimes I just I'm too comfortable with you. I just opened my mouth and say, shit.
Speaker 1: You're comfortable because I never lead you astray. These aren't really bad though, These are pretty easy, and I think Henry can listen to all these answers. Henry being your father, I assume that at this point, if you are sixty, however, episodes in that I don't need to keep explaining who people are because maybe you didn't just join. But I don't know, like does everyone know Henry's your dad?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Henry is her father. Yeah, he listens to the podcast sometimes when we talk about sex and stuff. She tells him not to listen to the podcast. He says he's not going to. Do you think he does?
Speaker 2: He might. I hope not, because that is just weird.
Speaker 1: I think the thing with podcasts, though, is, especially with him, he might not have listened to one at the times he told him not to listen to it. But if he goes back, like if he's paused on it for a couple of weeks, he just goes back, he might accidentally happen upon it and then what.
Speaker 2: He's cringey, So he'd like ah, saying yeah, oh for sure, he's probably not even listening to this part of the conversation because you said sex.
Speaker 1: Oh, so that's our cue to get rid of Henry. Yeah, sex. Now Henry's not listening, Let's talk about him. I love him, He's so nice. You're the best dad ever. Okay, So some of these were based on a few of the other podcasts that we've done recently, But one of them was how often do you check each other's locations? Because all of us have each other's locations and we share and I don't remember who it was Andrew or Josh or somebody In the last one. We were talking about how often do you check? How often do you check?
Speaker 2: Maybe like once a week. I think it's just sporadic, like if I'm if I'm about to you specifically, if I'm about to like call you about something, I'll check your location first if it doesn't pop up in the text thread. Yeah, Andrew, I check almost every morning, though, because I know where his ass is. If he's not here when we all get here, if he's not here by the time the show starts, I'm checking. I'm coming in at all. Are you still at home? Are you stuck on the train? Are you in another state? Because that has happened recently.
Speaker 1: Right where he actually he's working from another state and he's not there in the slightest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah him. I don't have Josh's location, and honestly I don't want it.
Speaker 1: Josh's, I would say, of the three of you, I think I check you all equally. But there are times where I've like checked Josh's location and it just says he's at home, So I'm like, oh, he's having a quiet little night, nothing's going on. And the next day he'll be like, oh, you have no idea what happened to me? And I say, it happened in your home. You are inviting people into your home to do this crazy, weird shit. Good for you. But that is the difference between being a big man and a small woman, because never I would never invite strangers to my apartment. Ever, ye, I don't even like when I run into people in my area, I'm like, oh, you know I live in this general vicinity?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, must move yep. He is a lunatic.
Speaker 1: Josh is scared of nothing.
Speaker 2: Say it again. He doesn't have to be well yeah, but no, he should be. People should be scared just like or like just cautious. He's not. He doesn't give a fuck. No, he doesn't care about anything that's scary.
Speaker 1: I wonder what he does care about. Just get him in here and ask him. This would be his answer. And I also I almost want to call him in here just so that we can hear it happen. Josh, what scares you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Like, Uh, You're gonna have to give me a minute. That's what I think his answer will be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't what It'll be, something like clowns or like something that just like, what are you insane? Yeah, I don't know. I get I don't need Josh's location because almost every Sunday, it's either Saturday or Sunday morning, I wake up to a text from him the night before of like a video of like a song that I like being played in a club or a bar that.
Speaker 1: He's at, and you know he's out, you had a great time. I'm throwing in the streets.
Speaker 2: Also, how many times are you gonna record super Freaky Girl by Nicki Minaj? So now I'm like, can we change it?
Speaker 1: You know what I think is nice about that though, it's just that he thought of you in that moment. Yeah, Like I think about that when people send me. I have some friends who span the shit out of me, and I do the same thing with stuff on Instagram, like oh this video I think you like? And then I took a step back and I thought, Oh, that just means that they thought of me seventeen times in the day. That's kind of nice. Psycho lunatut exactly. We're gonna have to go get Josh in the second okay, uh, next one. When you're not at work, what will we find you doing? Besides Diamond staying at home and watching the housewives.
Speaker 2: Wow, that would have been my answer. I know, what would you find me doing sitting in my car outside of the gym, not in the gym? Yeah, because so the gym that I go to is on a very busy street, and I feel like I spend more time sitting outside looking for a park or trying to find a park then I do inside the actual gym. Interesting, I'm very quick in the gym. I learned my lesson with the two far away because Scary, you can't listen to this, but this is Brownsville in the middle of the projects. I'm not doing that, babe, especially when especially in the winter when it gets start early, absolutely hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not about a saving your energy thing. It's about saving your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm just like, no, saving me and yeah, the car is safe. This is what I don't understand Scary's argument of like he couldn't come to Brownsville because someone was still his car. No, those still you, Okay, they don't want your car. I don't feel safe anywhere. I'm always like, yeah, I blame my mom and my grandmother. Yeah I don't I'll please.
Speaker 1: My mom still to this day she sends me those freaking email forwards that have like it's not funny, but and I love it. She's my mom and she's always looking out for me. But it's like a thirty way is not to get raped. Oh my god, my.
Speaker 2: Mom Al willt send me the clips on Instagram.
Speaker 1: But what did your mom ever tell you don't wear your hair in a ponytail when you're walking down the street because they could just grab you by your ponytail.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, you know what, it's true. It is true. I guess yank you, but you can just if my hair's down, you just yank me that way too. But she said no, it's it's easier if you have a whole ponytail from it gets your whole head. She has all the ways in the world to not get raped. And I'm like, Mom, I love you so much for thinking that anyone wants to or that this is, oh god, even a possibility. I love you parents the best. I think I told you this too. My dad recently has been asking me if my ACL is okay. Oh yeah, I told my ACL in high school, but for some reason I don't know if like some timer went off in his head and he's like, well, it's been about fifteen some years. This is when your ACL expires. He just keeps asking me about ACL's okay, yeah, stop cursing it. What if it wasn't it is? Stop it knocking, knock on the ACL right here?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I would love to see you like crutches though, Oh would you that's nice?
Speaker 2: So I could kick one?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, that's like I'd love to see you in a neck brace, diamond. I had one before, I think, so I want for like two minutes. I want everyone to know this for sure. If I ever had an eye infection like fucking Josh does right now, or there was something with my eye a patch, I would absolutely rock an eye patch in a heartbeat. Yes, I love eye patches.
Speaker 2: It's better than him walking around looking like damn Ray Charles with those damn glasses on. He had glasses on every day last week.
Speaker 1: I was like, go home, what do you mean he walked in the other day without glasses.
Speaker 2: You took one look at him and said, oh yeah, glasses, Yeah, he needed them, And then he put him on, and I was even more freaked out because I'm like go.
Speaker 1: Home, lose, lose with you lose lose. Okay, yeah, this is a good one. What if something that you're like really good at.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know anything that you're good at, No, like really.
Speaker 2: Good, exceptional. I've always thought that I've been good at like making people feel good, okay, like you know, like lightning a mood or something. But it depends on my mood, so I don't really know about that.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, Like no, I used to dance, but I was very mid verd.
Speaker 1: I want to see no, I want to see show me now. I'll put on Nikki Minaj Girl.
Speaker 2: One parrowette hell no.
Speaker 1: Like ballet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a little while, I have ballet. Yeah, yeah, I think that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe you think with it for a little while, sit with it for a little while. You think i'd be able to speak today, I cannot. I think I'm good at having conversations with strangers because I don't like small talk. So I feel like I can have a good, fruitful conversation with someone that I don't know because I'm like, so, why are you here alone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're like, so, does it not make you feel weird.
Speaker 2: What traumatized you when you were five? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why are you like this? You are crazy?
Speaker 2: We don't know this person.
Speaker 1: But how do you get to know somebody? That's how you get to know them.
Speaker 2: What if they don't want to get to know you, well, then they.
Speaker 1: Usually walk away. I'm very accustomed to the rejection. It's fine. So maybe I'm not that good a crazy. I think I'm really good at taking chances. I think that's a a not.
Speaker 2: When you hear that a bear is a mile away and you decide to continue walking in the direction that you're walking in toward the bear, you are.
Speaker 1: That was an odds thing. That was simply math. You know why, because we were with there were probably fifty people on that trail, many of whom were of the white persuasion. Who I knew if there was a bear, they would move toward it. So I thought, cool, shields, I'm gonna be fine. Just keep going so I can see this beautiful lake. And it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: That lake was not seeing me. Please do not forget about the Asian woman with a bag of food. You gotta share the wealth here she did, yeh.
Speaker 1: She was hiking that turil with a bag of meat like dried meats on the trail where very clearly said many times do not have open snacks and containers because the bears will want them.
Speaker 2: If she gets down on her knees and praise every.
Speaker 1: Day, she doesn't know what happen.
Speaker 2: No, she's proof that the Bible is real. There is a scripture that says that God looks out for the babies and the ones that like basically lack wisdom. Absolutely because she's a fucking lunatic.
Speaker 1: She's also hiking that trail and flip flops.
Speaker 2: That was crazy lunatic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this lady is like I wouldn't fuck with her. She gave no fucks and she hiked that in flip flops.
Speaker 2: Incredible arches of her feet were probably killing her.
Speaker 1: Absolutely collapsed, terrible.
Speaker 2: That is sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you're good at a lot of things. I think, Yeah, I think you're gonna be inconsistent. I think you're very consistent and about a lot of things. I know that you get your ass to the gym all the time when you don't want to. When you are doing a diet of some sort, I think you really stick to it. Okay, you show up for work all the time. You don't ever.
Speaker 2: Call off work coming soon.
Speaker 1: It's been very I mean I can think of the times that you haven't been at work. It's probably a couple if that, and you had to be incredibly sick.
Speaker 2: It's coming up. Why because I feel like it one of these days, One of these days, stay in my bed. Nate did it the other day.
Speaker 1: I when I found out that we could do that, I was like, so, this is a whole new world.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you there's a bus that could bring me into the city and get me here at six oh two the latest. Oh, but I'm terrified because I need the first caller around five point fifty something. And I'm like, one day, I'm just gonna take that fucking bus. If Nate could walk in at seven, why not try it?
Speaker 1: It was like seven thirty, Yeah, I was. Yeah. But also he scared the shit out of us because he was telling us all that he felt funny. So you know, I checked on him no less than twenty times.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend. I want you to know that this is a lie, and let this be a lesson to anyone who has had a stroke, a heart attack, her heart surgery, whatever, happened in his brain. Use it as an excuse, because all you need to him say, I don't really feel well every one week. Yeah, he was totally fine. He just needed an app.
Speaker 1: He didn't say he slipper for thirty six hours, which is not normal. But whatever, as long as he's okay. I just want everyone to be going okay and feel good, that's good.
Speaker 2: No, Andrew seems to think that he poisoned himself. Did you hear they poisoned himself with what Andrew's electrolytes?
Speaker 1: He overdosed on electrolytes.
Speaker 2: Yes, so apparently you're only supposed to use one scoop, but he used to on Friday.
Speaker 1: I don't think that would have taken amount of commission. Oh but you know what, it could set your heart rhythm off slightly, which is one of the things that he was saying. Felt a little funny. Oh well, if you have too much caffeine and stuff, which I think electrolytes sort of jolt see the same way. Oh my god, he might have poisoned himself. We have too many things around here that we're just a little reckless with, including everyone just giving other people medicine electrolyte bottles being left out in the open. Yep mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What is it allergy medicine that Andrew is now like given out like a crack dealer. He's just given it out.
Speaker 1: Do you need you know what? Why costco? He bought a bunch of But.
Speaker 2: The point is to buy it and bulk and save it for yourself. Now he's gonna finish a bottle and have to go back and buy more, he said, defeats the point.
Speaker 1: He also told me how he's pretty much hooked on it, that he starts using it in March and uses it every day all the time, and he needs it, and by May he starts to wean himself off. I said, Andrew, that's insane. He's like, that's fine, this is fine.
Speaker 2: Allergy medicine is nothing to play with people. No why from too much?
Speaker 1: Elvis gets cracked out on allergy meds. It's crazy. I gave him a claret in one time. I don't even know what happened. I said, put the coffee down. We need to get you water asap. No one listens, no lessons around here. This place is crazy, absolutely crazy. Next question, So when you guys all get fired What will your hr complaint be? I'ma be honest, I can't say mine because I'm really gonna file him, so the list is long. What will be my complaint?
Speaker 2: Oh? That this place has made it impossible for me to uh stay in shape.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: You here the other day when we were talking about that.
Speaker 1: No, is it because all the food here?
Speaker 2: The food and the hours. Yeah, it's terrible. You know, you wake up really early, and then, Kathy Holchle, thanks to you, I have to wake up even earlier. I was getting eight hours at one point.
Speaker 1: But will you like Trump if he gets rid of the congestion pricing?
Speaker 2: No, but I'll be happy about it.
Speaker 1: I will still hate him, but I'll be thankful. Okay, fair enough. What superstition do you believe in?
Speaker 2: Oh? A lot of them, do you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do all the things I'm not supposed to. Like I toast with water all the time, like a chairs with water.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: I split the pole all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't say anything out loud anymore because I feel like I'm gonna sound like an idiot. But yeah, it makes me crunch.
Speaker 1: Brandon gets mad.
Speaker 2: He's like, du Yeah, what are you doing, you have to say bread and butter three times afterwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't do that. I used to always make a wish and hold my breath when I was going through a tunnel, like hold your breath and make you make a wish. And when you go under a yellow light and you hit the sea lit, tap the ceiling like, oh, I'm gonna make a wish. I used to do that too. And when it's like eleven eleven, make a wish, I would always wish for the same thing. I would always wish for a rain check, not an extra wish, but just a rain check. Like there's gonna come a day when I'm gonna need to like cash all these in and I'm gonna have an abundance of wishes. And then when my boyfriend went missing, I was like, this is it. This is my rain check. I cashed in every single one and it didn't work. So that superstition dead I don't do it anymore didn't work. I've never seen someone yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you okay? No, because just that like gut punch of like damn, Like I feel like you lose your innocence in that in that type of scenario.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that thing changed my whole life, everything about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like you don't have wishful thinking anymore, and so I still do.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm still whimsical, I still wish for things. I'm still really like happy and hopeful. But I just I really believed at that time. How stupid because you're not a child, But I actually thought, Okay, this might be like an actual little push in that direction. And it wasn't. Huh boo, but okay, motherfucker, motherfucker. I'd like to get them all back if they actually did work for something.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, what if they never mind? What if they did work for other people? I'll be pissed off my fucking wish doesn't work out and there are other people walking around saying that they made a wish and now automatically but like, fuck you, I want the wish.
Speaker 1: So I should be mad at them.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I listen, you're nice. I would be very angry.
Speaker 1: I like seeing good things happen for other people, though I actually do.
Speaker 2: Not when you wanted it for yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if it was something like, okay, you and I both bought a lottery ticket and you won a million dollars, I would still be really happy for you. But yeah, in my head, I'd be like, motherfucker, what can that happen to me too? So, like, you know, to make it dark again. If somebody else had a missing relative or loved her at the same time, I would still want them to have found their relative. Like it sucks that I couldn't, but I would have wanted that for someone else. Okay, you know what I think.
Speaker 2: It's selfless.
Speaker 1: No I'm not. Do you know what I think about a lot with those wishes specifically, I kept wishing, I just want Chad to be okay, Just let Chad be okay. And what if the okay was Yeah, he's not here anymore better than ever. Yeah, he's finally safe. So I'm like this semantic shit, Yeah, I need a really word things the way I want them to be. I need him to be alive and well and found. Yes, I didn't wish for that.
Speaker 2: You got to be super specific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe I did get my wishes.
Speaker 2: But then what if you're super specific and it doesn't happen, Then you go back to a wanting to be very vague, because then it's like it opens another door possibility.
Speaker 1: Isn't this sort of like a discussion on religion. Isn't that essentially what religion is like when people pray for things and then it doesn't work out. Do you use faith?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: You just it's a different a different thing that you're putting all your faith in.
Speaker 2: I guess okay, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Okay. Next question, Oh, this is a good one. What's something you're really bad at? M I'm really bad. I'm really bad at small talk. I just don't like it. Don't talk to me about the weather and sports. I please.
Speaker 2: I like talking about sports.
Speaker 1: If I care about the sport, sure, if I'm talking to another person about like the US Open in tennis, I'm interested in that. But when you're in the elevator and someone just feels the need to be like so just lost again, I'm like, oh, please show.
Speaker 2: The fuck up. Oh I need conversations like that because I'm gonna rip into whoever it is about their team. Oh wow, what am I bad? I don't know, Like, I don't know. Okay, yeah, I can't. What do you think I'm bad at?
Speaker 1: I don't know that I know you well enough outside of like this capacity. I mean, we are friends, but I don't see you at home. I'm not sure what I would say, Oh you know what, No.
Speaker 2: I would say this.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe you're bad at giving people second chances.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I would say that, yeah for sure, but also.
Speaker 1: Maybe people don't need second chances, depending depending on the offense. I can't think of something, and maybe this is just like wishful thinking or like rose colored glasses. With my friends, for the most part, I can identify a few things here and there. But for the most part, I just think my friends are so amazing at so many different things that I focus on that so much more than the thing that they suck at. If you're chronically late, I know that I've clocked you, and I see that, and that's annoying. Or if you think you know you can really take on a lot of tasks that you cannot. I notice that, Andrew, you know, just stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm really bad at hiding certain feelings, Like I feel like if I'm irritated, I feel like it's very easy to tell that's something. Yeah, yeah, I can, you know, but like, hum, I'm not good at cleaning.
Speaker 1: You're not good at it or you don't enjoy it. Like if I told you to clean a toilet with the toilet not be clean, the.
Speaker 2: Toilet would be amazing, it would be so clean. You hate it. Yeah, it's just like this is no more like folding clothes. That is just like I have piles of clothes not even just in my room in the house that are just like I'll get to it, but I'm not good at folding, so I don't like it, and it just it looks horrible.
Speaker 1: And so whenever work, I'm terrible at starting something and finishing it. I can start a million different things to finish it, like the last the final, whatever that thing is.
Speaker 2: It is just taxing.
Speaker 1: And I know that it has to do with ADHD and just not seeing things through, you know, like to completion. But I mean even when I think we would have talked about this before. But I make art all the time, and Brandon and I will make the art together and one of you know, the final touches, you have to finish those edges of the canvas or also it looks incomplete, finish the edges. I'll finish seventeen pieces and not do the edges, and then there will be seventeen things sitting there without the edges done, which is the simplest thing to do, but I'm just like, oh, yeah, No. Brandon came over one day and saw all of it. He said, what is wrong with you? How does your brain work this way? I'm like, I don't know. I got close enough and was like, I'm good.
Speaker 2: You look terrible.
Speaker 1: But then it's like this cumbersome task of now I have to do seventeen different pieces in the edges when I could have just taken that one extra step. So I would like to be better about starting and finishing something.
Speaker 2: What if your thing is not finishing the edges?
Speaker 1: No, I don't like the way that looks. Oh I'm sure that there are some artists who love that and they would totally go with that. That's what's beautiful about art. You can do whatever the fuck you want. But for me, I like to have the edges done just because then you don't need a frame. You can hang it exactly as it is and it just looks a little more polished in my opinion. And in the art classes I've taken, they say you absolutely have to.
Speaker 2: Take in art classes?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Of course, taking art classes.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do all kind of stuff. Do you know I can make I can make so much from clay.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: I do a lot of things with my hands, because I'm telling you. When I was little, my add was also awful, and my parents used to say, if there's not something in her hands, she's getting into shit. So they put me in art classes, music classes, sports, whatever they could to just keep me moving all the time. So I had That's why I have a lot of random, weird skills. Like the day I played the piano and you were like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: I used to play like I played the drums. I do all kinds of stuff because my fingers get the best of me. It's like idle hands are the devil's workshop for me. No, if you're bored, you don't get into just bullshit.
Speaker 2: You could just watch reality TV.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not if I'm bored. You see me around here. If I'm bored, Andrew's getting it, Josh is getting it, Elvis is getting it.
Speaker 2: Someone's getting it.
Speaker 1: Is getting it the most. I don't know. It makes me chokle so much, but it really does. I'm like, oh, be a real shame if you hit that corner.
Speaker 2: I just put I want to walk in one day and see you, like, have him in a headlock.
Speaker 1: He fights back. I don't know. Oh, it's easier with Andrew. Okay, last question. I know the answer to this. Oh no, this is a good one. There are two questions, but that's okay. We'll just do one of them. We'll stay the next one for next time. What would you like your life to be like at this time next year? Manifest baby, do it right now.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be very specific, right, Okay, I'd like to own something. I've been thinking about it lately.
Speaker 1: Do you still own your vending machines?
Speaker 2: That is going? If you guys want to vend a machine, please reach out to me. I make this off of my hands immediately. The most stressful part of this is owning it. Okay, it has to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when you say you want to own something, do you mean property? Do you mean a property?
Speaker 2: I'd like to buy a condo in Jersey City by me?
Speaker 1: Never, damn it. Oh, I'm sorry, You're gonna stay in Brownsville?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe? Okay? Yeah? Uh and own it on my own, like you know, I don't really, yeah, owners just you Yeah, Okay, life is good. Like i'd love to make more money, but like, I love that life is great. I can't really complain, honestly. I'd love for congestion pricing to be a thing of the past, by cashier this time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I just want to be healthy. Hopefully I'm actually in shape, and then uh, I want my family and friends to be healthy, like and happy and yeah, that's probably it.
Speaker 1: That's always one. I definitely want everyone to be happy and healthy. I would This is corny and cliche, and I know it. I would like more of the same. I'm pretty happy with the way that things are going right now. I would I would love it if my art business grows. I would love it if my personal business or I hate using this term, my brand. I would love if these podcasts take off and do more. I would love if the show was still, you know, a well oiled machined, a well oiled machine, and moving in the direction I wanted to. Yeah, I want my friends and family to be happy. I would like to still be able to travel and do the things I want to do. I'm just I try really hard to focus on being happy with what I have because you may never have anything more and maybe this is all you ever need. So I'm pretty content. I wouldn't be sad if I'm in a similar position next year. But I would like a little bit of growth. Yes, sure, grown one year worth of growing.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what if what? Okay, this is what I want. I went two years worth of growth in one year.
Speaker 1: Okay, cheers to that. What are you doing to get that?
Speaker 2: I got to step outside my comfort zone? Oh, you know, like right now, there's a job that I want. Oh. I hate saying this because it puts you in a very awkward position for people who don't know how iHeart works. Okay, but like there's a role here that I'm interested in. But like, can we be honest. People are scared of Elvis in this building right So when I say, oh, I'd like to try that, people think it's like you can't leave the morning show. And it's like, okay, well give me the role they give everybody else multiple jobs around here. I just want to try something. Let me try it.
Speaker 1: Have you raised your hand and says you want it?
Speaker 2: This one?
Speaker 1: Not yet?
Speaker 2: Because I'm no, No, I just I found out about it, Okay, but I've been Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you going to when soon?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: Asap? Okay, because I told you the one thing around here everybody thinks. Andrew and I were having this conversation the other day because he says he thinks it's a sign of bad leadership if you have to raise your hand and tell somebody you want something, because he believes that as a leader, you should know people's strengths and weaknesses. You should know what they're capable of doing, and you should promote them to a position. I said, are you insane?
Speaker 2: I think that's more of a thing of the past.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, let's think about our leader. Let's just use THEA as an example. Right, idea is our this a lot of letters svpp x y Y to.
Speaker 2: Source the direct source of my trauma?
Speaker 1: She's not. I love THEA. I think THEA is direct and she gets shit done and you can learn a lot from her. Apparently Timond is afraid of THEA or is traumatized by.
Speaker 2: She because she tuma. She knows this. I tell her this all the time.
Speaker 1: She really likes it. Yeah, she probably enjoys that. Yeah, you your tears sustain her. She loves. But for every one of us. We have one THEA. How many of us does THEA have so many?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So, why would it ever fall upon her to know what a thousand of us want to do with our lives, what we're good at, what we're capable of. It should be on each one of us to go to her and say, hey, I want to do this thing, and here's how I can show you that I'm very good at what I'm doing and I'm capable of it. She really responds well to that kind of stuff. And I think, just in general, when people sit back and they wait for someone to come to them, it never happens. And I saw that at my old job in Boston because when I left, Justin I'll just use the names Justin should have been moved into the executive producer role because he was ready for it. He was great at it. He is at this point like such pretty much the backbone of that show. He's amazing. I said to my boss, I think Justin needs to be in this position because they were looking to hire another person to be the executive producer. And my boss looked at me and said, well, Justin never told me he wanted it, And I thought my head Are you fucking joking right now?
Speaker 2: Is this a joke?
Speaker 1: Because of course you know that Justin wants it, and it should absolutely be Justin in that position. But because he didn't come to you and say I want that, you're not going to give it to him. And I was so irritated by that at the time, and I do understand it a little bit more now because why would you not throw a hat in the ring and just expect me to chase you down to do it? And I know that that wasn't where Justin was coming from. Justin was just really fucking good at what he did all the time, and I bet he probably thought people noticed it. Even if they noticed it, if you don't put your hand up, no one's going to say anything. We're talking about this on the show the other day. I hope you get that job. It's like an take away from me.
Speaker 2: Maybe No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: That's okay. If it does, you should be able to grow two years in one, two years and one, yeah, you should be able to And speaking of growing, so now you have to tell me if it would affect this. So I want to do a little supplement podcast to this podcast called whatever we Can name it whatever we want to name it. Maybe your name can be included if you want. But like a side of sauce on the side where we only talk about three or four things that happened in the week that you should be aware of. I love that, And maybe we can talk about how we feel about them too.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: One example, this will just be the example for the moment. No, I'm this spaceflight that happened. A lot of people have a lot of very big feelings about it. I would love to get into that. How what are your feelings on the spaceflight we're talking about, Lauren Sanchez, Katy Perry, Aisha bo Gail King, is it Amanda Win there?
Speaker 2: And gin for no Amanda Win?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm going to make it up. And our last thing was when.
Speaker 2: There's one more person, I'll see her face, I'll look him up.
Speaker 1: But what are your thoughts on it? Because the way that it was marketed was it was going to be this historic all female crew flying into outer space. Oh my god, we've got astronauts and therein lies my issue. But I would like to hear yours first.
Speaker 2: Kind of fifty to fifty on this right, Okay, So a part of me is very happy and excited that kids get to watch this and see this and are now like, oh, this is cool, Like I want to maybe get into STEM and like, what is it aerospace engineering specifically? Things like that. Okay, cool, But I'm sorry, I don't understand why Gail King, Lauren Sanchez, and Katy Perry were sent up into space because there are a lot of qualified women who have done this for their entire careers who deserved that opportunity.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's sort of what I was thinking. My issue is with the marketing of it all, because if really what it was was a big ad for upcoming space tourism, that's one thing, because it really was like an amusement park ride. We get to go up there. Yes, you trained for a few days, whatever that training was, I'm not really sure what it would be. You sat in this capsule and you went up there, and it's definitely bold because it's scary to do that and it's not necessarily one hundred percent safe every single time. But to count them as astronauts or to say that this was a historic flight, I'm not so sure about that. Just because women have been into space, like you said, women are aeronautical engineers, astrophysicists, astrophysicists, astronauts, all this, people who have been working on this for a really long time. And now you know, a lot of people were saying, oh, it's the first Vietnamese woman in space, which is great. But if you are the Vietnamese astronaut who is headed to space next and you got that taken away because of space tourism, that's interesting. I don't fault these women at all. In no way am I saying that they should feel bad about what they're doing or anything like that. I just think that they really hype this up to be a whole lot of something that was nothing. Yep. It was just like a okay.
Speaker 2: I think we need to be careful about basically what you said about how you brand something and you market something.
Speaker 1: Otherwise you get this pushback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it was Lauren Sanchez, former NASA scientist, Amanda Wynn, Katie Perry, Gail King, Ayisha bo and Carrie Anne Flynn. Carrie Flynn she's a film producer. Which, look at what we have there. You have Jeff Bezos's soon to be wife, he's the head of Amazon. Obviously, you had Katy Perry, who is a singer, and you have a film producer up there, and you have a talk show we would call Gil King what an an interviewer and anchor her. They're clearly building this for some sort of repackaging to put on Amazon Prime and then promote it on Gil's show. And Katy Perry's already writing a song about it, which I'm gonna just say this fine in space. It's like my one time that you're shooting me off into space, and someone in that little rocket, it's not even the rocket, whatever the capsule was that was up there, decides this is their moment to sing. I'm gonna be mad. I don't care if you're a singer. I'm not sure that I want to hear that. And I heard one of them was singing up there, and all I kept thinking was eject. I would have ejected, are you joking?
Speaker 2: Are you? And they said that like once they got up there, everything was so quiet. Can you imagine you get up there, it's quiet and you're at peace, and you hear fucking Katy Perry. I'm sorry, like I'm just like and then she singing, what a wonderful world, and I'm like how cliche. I don't know, isn't that cliche to you? It's better than war?
Speaker 1: What if it would have been like dead silence?
Speaker 2: Right? Like?
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel like alistic?
Speaker 2: Apparently they were asking her to sing somebody on they called the flight or whatever. One of them told her sing one of your sons. They were like throwing songs out. She just started singing. What okay?
Speaker 1: Now, if everybody was like Katie sing for a sing sing, that's one thing. But I'm just picturing it being like nobody asked you to. And you know you have thought one person in the group all the time that over sings the songs and sings really well, that's what I was picturing.
Speaker 2: Well, she before they took off, she said, I want to sing in space. I want to. She's not the first person to ever sing in space. Now that would be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: One of those astronauts somewhere somehow has actually sung a song. You think and Sonny Williams, who were up forever ten months, they didn't sing a song.
Speaker 2: We don't have footage maybe in space.
Speaker 1: You're not getting into this shit again. You don't think we landed on the moon.
Speaker 2: I have questions.
Speaker 1: Oh, my god. And on that note, you could get all this in a second supplemental podcast, potentially called a side of Sauce on the side or something with diamond. Maybe we should just call it something with diamond. Let's get you in there. I'm here, okay, cool? So if people want to find you, where do they find you?
Speaker 2: At Diamond? Since here on Instagram, I'm over Twitter, You're off to well, I'm on it, but I don't tweet anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't tweet at all all.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm like, don't even look for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I'm at Baby Hot Sauce on Twitter and Instagram, and I'm on TikTok. Couldn't tell you what my name is because I just lurk. I never ever post anything there ever, And I think on threads also Baby Hot Sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, now that I'm on.
Speaker 1: It's also dumpster fire though dumpster fires everywhere. And other than that, I guess we'll see you next week. Are you doing anything for a vacation?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm going to Napa for my sister's bachelorette trip, which has tried to kill me, so yes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that on the next episode. I'm so excited to hear all about it. Okay, say bye bye,