Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the companies making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greyfell.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's go to some of the individual gainers, if I may. Micron Technology at its high six point seven percent, finishing the day with a gain of about three point seven percent. Here also the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index. We saw that average also higher on the day thanks to Micron.
Speaker 1: Now are all these chips actually made in Philadelphia that great?
Speaker 4: Just the cheese steak ones?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I love cheesesteaks. Twenty five names in the socks hired today, five unchanged, So Micron, which reports on Wednesday shares her up lifted the group as a whole, especially those memory and storage companies as analyst optimism grows ahead of the chip maker's results later on this week. Stock is up around sixty percent year to date, so we are watching that sector throughout the week, and as I mentioned, the socks also up about two percent for the day overall. Moving on over to Dollar Tree and Dollar General, those names also hire today, Dollar Tree up about six and a half percent, best day since June. This one as it's announced its strategy to introduce higher priced item to is actually helping to increase its sales, especially with wealthier shoppers. So company shifting merchandise and stores to sell more goods in a range of three to five dollars, including toys and party supplies that booster results last quarter, So you have that at play. I also want to mention that The Independent was out on Dollar General and that one was up about two and a quarter percent. It's introducing a new store format designed to encourage customers to browse and treasure hunt before they make a purchase, and they're also planning to pilot a subscription program as part of its loyalty efforts, and they're going to open up some new stores in twenty twenty six, focus on rural area. So both of those names Hire and then for something a little bit different, ticker DSGR Distribution Solutions share soaring thirty five percent in today's session. It's a one point two billion dollar market cap industrial distribution company and it received a preliminary non binding proposal from LKCM Headwater Investments to basically buy it for twenty nine to fifty a share, But the stock did close at twenty six and change, so.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe investors are expecting more. I don't know anyway, I just thought it was something different and interesting.
Speaker 4: You had so many gainers to choose from. I envy you.
Speaker 3: I know you, girl, you actually would have liked me. You know, remain you don't have anything to add, No, Carol, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Billy?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with him?
Speaker 1: You were perfect today?
Speaker 4: Oh wait?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: What what that was?
Speaker 4: I didn't Okay, let's start with the decliner's. CF Industry is down five point six percent. This is a stock that's up close to sixty percent year Today, Scotiabank downgraded K and S and warned that CF industries and nutrient valuations are looking quote overstretched amid the rally since the conflict in Iran started once again. Fertilizer stocks fell today. CF Industry is falling by five point six percent and a little M and A news for my next one. Psaus It's public storage shares today fell by two point seven percent. This after the company agreed to acquire National Storage Affiliates Trust. It's an all stock deal worth about ten point five billion dollars in including debt. The combined company expected to have a combined to market value about fifty seven billion dollars in an enterprise value of seventy seven billion dollars in a late addition, this is an interesting one. One main holding shares. This is a company that is in the financial services industry. It does provides personal and auto loan products. Shares today fell by five point four percent. This after New York Attorney General Letitia James, along with a bipartisan coalision of twelve other ags, bought a lawsuit against the company and its units for allegedly misleading customers and trapping borrowers in expensive loans. Excuse me, with expensive and often useless additional products. That's what the suit alleges. We should note that one main financial out with the statement. They call this a meritless lawsuit brought by states, and they say the state's allegations are simply untrue. They're cas is wrong on the facts and wrong on the law, and attempts to relitigate issues that were already reviewed by the CFPB and fully resolved. We operate honestly and transparently, in full compliance with all laws and regulations. The statement continues, but that's the gist of it. Down five point four percent today, all right.
Speaker 1: Quick check on yields, of course, on a day where we saw oil actually decline, and we saw the dollar decline as well. In fact, the biggest drop that we've seen in the Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index in about a month and a half. Yields following lower as well, about four to five basis points, pretty much across the board ahead of that big FED decision day.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday, the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.