Speaker 1: Roland.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I am your host, Will Compton, my co host today filling in for the boy Taylor.
Speaker 3: Michael Chandler giving.
Speaker 2: Up for the boy, Mike Chandler, let's go UFC Superstar.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that UFC Superstar. I'll take it. Recurring guests on the Bus, I'm proud of.
Speaker 5: You're a friend of the bus, friend of the bus, You're family of the bus, Family of the bus.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 2: We have a great episode coming today. We jelly Roll is going to be crashing the pot at some point. We're obviously going to be going over all of the playoff stuff, the football, the this, the that, the Bisacia. I think later on alec Engele might zoom in with myself and we're gonna talk about, you know, stuff with the Raiders, his open letter to Raider Nation and all that fun stuff. But before we get into the episode, we have to shout out the greatest partner on earth to Bust with the Boys, and that is the Chevy Silverado. Give it up for the Chevy Silverado Boys. Twenty twenty one was a big year for Chevy truck, so big that Silverado has now made new headlines. And we're not just talking about the Silverado and the Lowman Award or Coach Prime and all the goodness that Dion brings to life in football.
Speaker 3: We're talking about product news.
Speaker 2: The Silverado z R two, Chevy's new flagship allfro Chuck truck, was introduced in September and in the spring, you'll be able to see it at your local Chevy dealership. We use Freeland Chevy out here in Nashville. Shout out the boys of Freeland. What's next for twenty twenty two. Well, just a couple of days ago, Chevy revealed the first ever all electric Silverado, built from the ground up on the ultim all dammit on the ultium battery platform. That brings with it new power, new flexibility, and of course new range of.
Speaker 3: What's possible in a truck.
Speaker 2: We've seen the show the Silverado EV and it's really cool on the outside and on the inside. It's got all kinds of new features, all the bells and whistles that you'll love, just a lot of first for an EV truck.
Speaker 3: Head over to Chevy dot com to learn and more. In reserve your.
Speaker 2: Silverado EVY today, I mean that was close to flawless. I mean, that's an almost humble recovery right there.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Hey, we don't we don't count, we don't worry about the numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a big numbers guy, but the facts are out there.
Speaker 3: What's up, bro, what's new? What do we got?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: I'm well, I just been following the Will Compton ups and downs and saga and just freaking getting after it. And then you know, for me, just uh training, getting back after it fully recovered now and spending some time with the family.
Speaker 2: I will say, while while we're on audio and this is on record, you did have a super nice tweet about the boy I did.
Speaker 4: I did you know? You can't get rid of them? Man? Nobody, nobody, you know you can't get rid of them even if you try. You don't want to.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like, I read that and I was just I don't know, I appreciated it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: Listen, you know, in in the world of sports, you know, you're you're around a bunch of different people, you know, And of course I'm not just saying this because you're right here. There's there's really really good ones, the ones who the ones who train, train, and do things right.
Speaker 4: And then there's a really really the full package.
Speaker 5: The dude, the boy who's got it, got it all, gets after it, just like you always talk about the lunch pail. That's me and you man like it's there's a special connection with certain people that have just pulled themselves up by their bootstraps.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: And people make fun of me because I say that all the time, but it's it's true. Just uh, your big bootstraps, big bootstrap guy, you know. I mean, but you know, you show up no matter what team was gonna call you, you were gonna show up with your work boots on, put your best foot forward. And that deserves to be rewarded for as long as it possibly can.
Speaker 1: And here we are.
Speaker 4: You're nine, dude, you're.
Speaker 5: Nine, baby. I don't know, man, I think you got to give us one more years.
Speaker 1: You never know, you never know. I haven't signed the papers yet.
Speaker 2: There's been some calls here and there, you know, just kind of just some rumor circulating that I might be back out there asap.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just teasing everybody. But uh, as I do.
Speaker 2: Say, before we get into it, we're I mentioned Playoff Willie. But we sold these Playoff WILLI shirts I'm wearing on the day I know the boy's loss. It's crazy because these things would have done even bigger numbers had the Raiders won in advance. Because Divine Diablo, the inside backer he went out with a concussion, did not return that game, the Boy would have been back in action. But anyway, I'm wearing this playoff wheel shirt because we sold about five hundred of these shirts.
Speaker 3: Boys, let's give it up.
Speaker 2: Big shots to Raider Nation, everybody who who bought these teas, because one hundred percent of the net proceeds is going to the DC for Kids Foundation. They're big in uh you know, the Children's hospital. They have one of the biggest networks out in the California area, the highest quality of treatment from pre birth all the way to young adulthood. But uh, I wanted to The reason I wanted to give to Derek's charity is because when I had got there, it was like the second day or maybe my first day there, and practice and everything was over all the meetings were over, and I wasn't wanting to. I was with the player personnel guys about hey, where can I rent a car and this and that, and cars were going to like two fifty a week, two hundred fifty dollars a week, and I didn't want to spend the two fifty a week while I was there, So I hit up Derek and I was like.
Speaker 4: Hey man. You know, I put the text message out.
Speaker 2: On Twitter, but I was like, hey man, I'm a cheap bastard at heart, like I want to pay this money. Do you have an extra vehicle? And he was like, oh, bro, absolutely, where are you at? And I was like, I'm at the facility. He's like, my wife and I will be there in ten minutes. And he just let me get the truck, never asked me questions about it. We were on the side of the road a couple of times because that passenger doors got a little little shit to it.
Speaker 1: It is the F word.
Speaker 4: It is an F word. It's not a Chevy.
Speaker 2: But uh uh no, man, he was he was there, bro, And I'm telling you, within ten minutes of me texting him, him and his wife's pulling up and he's just an incredible human being. So doing all this ridiculous playoff Willie stuff and making these these funny shirts, I wanted to give to somebody like Derek.
Speaker 4: But it's awesome, man.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's jump into it, dude, the Playoff Weekend AB spoof, we get to do some more house cleaning. Oh gosh, since I'm on Playoff, Willie some more house cleaning.
Speaker 3: Did you happen to see the AB interview spoof?
Speaker 4: I didn't see the interviews spoof.
Speaker 1: So Antonio Brown went on the Full Sin podcast a.
Speaker 2: Few couple days after a few days after he got cut from the Buccaneers.
Speaker 4: He sat down with this podcast.
Speaker 2: Shout out the boys, Uh, Bob Monerie Minory, sorry Bob, no disrespect Bob the voice Yeah, and then shout out the Nelk Boys, Yeah, the voice of Buffalo wil Wings. Shout out the Milk Boys too. But he went on their podcast. Antonio Brown did, and it was just I mean, if you watched the podcast and you see some of the clips, you're like, this is one of the most wild interviews you've seen, especially with somebody like AB. So we recreated it and did a little spoof where JP was Salim Jack was im Bro, somebody was Bob Jack was Kyle Alex was Bob Blast.
Speaker 5: He didn't want to show up. I did just kidding. I did with the I did see some of this. I did see some of it. I didn't see the whole thing, but we had.
Speaker 2: Such a funny time, dude, all the I think Bob. Bob commented to in the comments saying he wanted us to redo the Mike Tyson one, so we might have to do a spoop. We might just become actors now, boys, we all need agents, we all need individual agents.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start doing spoofs.
Speaker 2: What was the who said every Friday, what's the new Friday films? A new segment? We might just have to bring Friday films to people every week. That's awesome, Yeah, Bob said, right there. Can you guys do the Tyson episode?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, dude, Yeah, I'd.
Speaker 2: Love to have Bob on Bob, if you're listening or you happen to watch this or the clip, we might just clip this thing up.
Speaker 1: We would love to have you on Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: I would be super interested in talking about what your headspace was like that entire interview with Ab because Bob was the one person who is trying to ask questions, would try and stay there, and then it's tough when the boys on your own pod are kind of already established on the other side of you.
Speaker 3: Like he's like, no, I'll be real, I'll be real.
Speaker 2: And he's like, all right, well, I'm gonna need you guys to help me try to get stuff out of eight B.
Speaker 1: I can't just do all of this on my own. Uh.
Speaker 5: But maybe Abe seemed like the kind of guy where he was gonna give you some good gems anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he was, he was.
Speaker 5: I did see a little bit of it when he was kind of giving life advice type of stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: So it was like jump a couple of gyms in there for jump a couple of gyms in there. Jamp is gonna let JP livez by them. He's pro ab. What else do we have for house cleaning items? Yeah, So this Saturday we will be at Acme feeding seed, partying our asses off for the boys in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: The boys are fucking one seed.
Speaker 2: This moment of life January twenty second, Ducetus returns to the football field.
Speaker 3: King Henry is back with the fucking boys.
Speaker 4: Baby, let's do that's the energy too, Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: But we will be at Acme feed and seeds. What time do we even want to go?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 8: One thirty? They were actually waiting for us to tell them.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking eleven am.
Speaker 1: Eleven am.
Speaker 8: Watch parties on the actual.
Speaker 3: Right, they're blocking it off.
Speaker 2: They're doing a lot of watch parties, similar to when the president in the playoffs back in when was that seventeen or eighteen? But massive broadways gonna be jam packed. Everybody be responsible down there, but make your way to Acme Feed and Seed. I do think we need to get in there early, partially because I can be there earlier because I'm the boy I'm trying to finagle. Hey, I'm trying to Partially, I gotta be somewhere else. Yeah, eleven o'clock, Acme Feed and Seed. You gotta start the pregame, dude, you gotta start the energy early. Everybody, Everybody in Nashville and who's a Titans fan out there is gonna be wide awake like.
Speaker 1: It's Christmas morning. When Saturday hits.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the mimosas are gonna be pouring the bloody Mary's, the beer, the piggybacks. I know people are gonna be slimming piggybacks by whistle pick out there. But everyone is gonna be in the spirit and we gotta be there early, we gotta be there live. And uh yeah, partially, I'll I'm trying to finagle some pregame sideline passes because a playoff Willie. I'm trying to make an appearance for the boys. I'm trying to do some dafts. I'm trying to you know, hug some babies. Yes, I'll be on the Titans sideline. Yeah, because the Raiders lost. A truth be told, guys, if the Raiders win that game and I'm not back on the Raiders this week, I would have went to the game wearing black, rooting for the Raiders. Why Number one because I would get a Super Bowl ring if the Raiders win, like an actual one, not like Taylor's like, oh, I'll get you a ring. Two will get you some custom ring made that's like the playoffs that you'll be like the Titans or whatever. I want both the boys. I want all the boys to succeed. The hard part is they would have been battling in the divisional round and the last several weeks I've been on the Raiders. Bro I'm a Raider, I've been a Raider, and the way that the organization has been. Trust me, I love you guys. I love Titans Nation, I love the team, I love the staff.
Speaker 1: Even though I can be debatable at times in the organization.
Speaker 2: But the way the Raiders have treated me over these last several weeks, and the way I feel about Coach Pisacia, and the way I wanted this team to win, not only for each other but also for Coach Pisacia, and again just the way that everyone's kind of really been there for the Boy these last several weeks. There's just absolutely no doubt in my mind that I wanted to see the Raiders succeed, not more than the Titans. I just want to see the Raiders succeed, which is tough because they would have to beat the Titans. But Raiders are out of it now. The Boy I'm back, of course, I'm back. I'm always rooting for the Titans, and I obviously want them to win this weekend, so I will be in the in the Titans Blue. But just just to clear all that stuff up, because there's been a lot of rumors, a lot of headlines.
Speaker 1: I've seen the papers.
Speaker 2: A lot of people wanted me to fail, a lot of people were mad that I wanted to cheer for the Raiders over the Titans. And I'm very specifically thinking of Taylor in my head because I don't think anybody really cared, and I think everybody understood and would understand. But yeah, I was trying to get that play. I was trying to get that Super Bowl ring. But the boys fucking the Boys lost.
Speaker 1: Dude, I needed you.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not saying I would have changed the game.
Speaker 4: But you're not a big numbers guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a big numbers guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna go that far to say, like I do change, uh what that game looks like on Saturday, but the energy would have been different.
Speaker 5: YEA, no, man, And there's no uh, there can't be any hate towards you for uh, you know, rolling with the Raiders.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: That's your that's your and I think that's what a lot of people don't understand. I definitely don't understand it whatsoever. But I mean, I am in a I'm in an individual sport, but there's certain teams that I'm training with. Until I've trained with a you know, another team, I've been with four different teams.
Speaker 4: If you will.
Speaker 5: But you guys are organizations from the top to the bottom, everybody there, from the practice squad all the way into the locker room, all the way into guys on the field, and it's it's a realm that people don't quite understand. I definitely don't understand. I've tried to be in your ear and texting you like crazy the oh, give me some information, even like, Yo, dude, is this for real?
Speaker 4: Or you trolling everybody? Because I'm I'm about to put out a tweet right now, I'm about to put out a tweet. The tweet that he's alluding to.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yo, dude, did you really get picked back up?
Speaker 4: Or am I about to look like an idiot?
Speaker 5: But I got strolled by my own friend in private, you know, like I'm tweeting Adam Adam Schefter and all that tuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was that was fucking crazy, man. But yeah, and to that point, they're also like they're also cashing the checks.
Speaker 1: Dude, No, like you're you're rooting for the boys.
Speaker 2: And to be like, after I got done playing with the Raiders in eighteen and I played with the Titans, no, no, no, no, when I got done playing with the Raiders in nineteen, I played with the Titans in twenty Are We Good? And I played with the Titans in twenty The Raiders had offered me to come back like in June before I had the Titans offered in August late in training camp. And that's why I ended up taking the Titans deal because we're in Nashville. I don't have to uproot and move and all that stuff. But even this past time, when the Raiders had called in want of me on the team, Titans had called and wanted me to just do a workout. It's like every time they've both been right there to choose from, it's always seemed like the Raiders have wanted me, the organization has wanted me more, and things like that. So there's just like a there's just like a personal there's like that personal vibe that you just have like with them, because there's never been any like bs. There's never They've never given you the run around about anything. They've never They've always been like, hey, we want you to be here. We're not gonna take it to a workout, We're not gonna do this.
Speaker 4: We just want you to be here.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like I have ties to to like wanting them to do well. I feel like it's tough too because I love Titans, Titans Nation and all that stuff so much. And then obviously Bust with the Boys is here in Nashville, like we are Titans priority first.
Speaker 1: But there's like that it's just kind of hard to explain, like.
Speaker 5: Well, there's gonna be there's gonna be a certain level of personal that that personal connection as well as less transactional more from a personal standpoint too, Like even like you said, I and of course it's the NFL, it's the most probably one of the most cutthroat industries. I think the NFL and you know, coincidentally the UFC or mixed martial arts a pretty dark cutthroat.
Speaker 4: But when you can feel like it's a little.
Speaker 5: Bit less transactional and more like, hey, we want this guy on the team, not because of not because of just the x's and o's and what he brings on the field, which obviously the boy can ball.
Speaker 4: But even just like you said, the energy.
Speaker 5: The the the level of professionalism, or even just the energy that you bring to a team, do you bring it to an organization?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's probably what you're alluding to, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also even when I'm getting cut or getting released or coming back in, like just being around the staff and the GM and people that all these transactions are happening right just the uh, I don't know, man, it was all first class, you know what I mean, Like they were just super they were just like super fucking good to me.
Speaker 4: This story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the story you told sitting right there too, where the guy was around the corner and you.
Speaker 4: Know, like, are you cutting Yeah, I know, don Joseph shout out the.
Speaker 1: Boy Doyen Joe man.
Speaker 2: But I walked in and when I saw him and I'm like, oh, you're fucking cut me, And just seeing having a conversation with Mayok and just again I don't know everything that had happened, obviously that stuff plays into it. They're wanting to be there for me. They you kind of hated cutting me the first time. They're like, hey, use all of our resource, and I'm like, guys, I promise, like I'm doing all right, Like I'm solid. And just the nature of the conversations, whether it's the reputation and everything else where you kind of just know, I know my role going into it, So I don't know just all of it. Man, they were just they were first class to me. They have been the entire time. And again, Bro.
Speaker 1: Bisacia, the staff, the players, it's it's.
Speaker 4: All like one family there.
Speaker 2: And you hated seeing the headlines that were coming out of Vegas because obviously they've been through so much shit this year with like dumb choices by some of the players and obviously coach Gruden being gone, getting canned and stuff like that, and uh, just seeing the good vibe and the cohesiveness of that locker room, Like how much guys leaned on each other, the leadership, the player leadership, the coaching leadership, how much guys wanted to just win for that man, coach Pisacea, which again I'm gonna try not to get too much into him because we're gonna have a out come on later and we're gonna talk about Coach Pisacia, But how much they wanted to win for that dude too, and how much I respect him. And I've only been I had only been with the Raiders collectively out of the two seasons, eleven weeks.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm talking and feeling and.
Speaker 2: All this stuff. So I feel like It just says a lot about Pisasia, the men in that room, and just the organization too. Uh, just through all of that shit. So you just wanted to see them be successful.
Speaker 4: Yeah know.
Speaker 5: And it's and it's interesting too, kind of that that first hand experience because people can see the coach on the sidelines, and they can hear them in the press conferences, and they can see the wins and the losses on the field and whatnot, but they don't A lot of people never get to peel back the layer of how the actual team and organization that the the.
Speaker 4: The internal, not the external.
Speaker 5: Everybody gets to see the external, the x's and the o's, and the wins and the losses and the on the microphone during the press conferences, but they don't see the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Same thing with with mixed martial arts.
Speaker 5: My experience of the UFC, they a guy like Dana White who's constantly on the TV, constantly on microphones, and people have their their opinions of him and how he runs and operates his business. But then there's the complete opposite end of the spectrum of a guy like me who's completely into it, completely in the inside and completely.
Speaker 4: Gets a feeling.
Speaker 5: I don't remember everything that he's going to say, but I remember how I was, how I felt in these negotiations, I felt in the locker rooms, so to speak, or in these venues on the conversations, how you feel that it's more more than just transactional even though you know, as you know in the NFL it is, it is what it is, and the show continues to go on. I think, no matter what, the biggest mistake we can make as athletes, especially in the individual sport like mixed martial arts or even on the football field, is thinking that you have more of a stake in the team or in the organization, or they need you more than they actually do, because the show will continue to go on, right, And that's one of the hardest things to accept. But once you do accept it, then you can look at it with a an unfettered lens of Okay, I'm just gonna put my best foot for I'm do everything I possibly can for as long as I possibly can.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, nine year ten right, right.
Speaker 2: You were alluding to that too on the last podcast about just how you make people feel like you know, at the end of the day, you don't remember what they say, you don't remember what they did, but you understand how people made you feel. And two, going off of that, do we do we have a question about? I know I've been asked like handling being cut, the amount of times I was cut this year, a couple of times I was cut this year and jumping from team the team. Did we have a question because I want to be able to shut out that fan?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: How mentally this is from Caleb Gray at shere Bando seven. If you're watching, if you're watching on YouTube, obviously it's gonna be sitting up there. But how mentally strong do you have to do you have to be to go through the NFL es, especially the way you are currently getting getting signed, released, signed and released by teams, and obviously mentally strong.
Speaker 3: Makes it sounds like this big what's up?
Speaker 4: Jelly?
Speaker 2: Shout out the boys across country mortgage no free shoutouts.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 2: The great thing about hanging with your boys or girls is you get a lot of different point of views, but nobody has all the answers every time, unless it comes to your mortgage.
Speaker 1: That's where cross country mortgage comes in.
Speaker 2: Whatever you're debating whether a new home, second home, refinancing. They have everything to cover everyone, and they close on average in just a mind boggling twenty one days, not a month like majority of people.
Speaker 3: Twenty one days, that's three weeks.
Speaker 2: Cross Country Mortgage has a team of loan officers dedicated to getting it done and finding you the best possible loan terms available. They have an average close time of twenty one days, which is ridiculously fast.
Speaker 1: I know I already said that, but it was also a little point.
Speaker 2: With huge variety of products, they cover everything from renovations to refining, singing, and everything in between. Go to cross Country Mortgage dot com slash parcel so cross Country Mortgage can take care of you through the home buying process. Damn, I'm I was trying to bring that one home cross cross Country Mortgage LLC and MLS three zero two nine all O one subject to underwriting approval www dot NMLS Consumer Access dot org. But uh, we were talking, so I was about to answer this fans question, how mantally strong do you have to be to go through the NFL, especially when you're sign release signed release by teams. Mike and I was going in on a conversation. I don't know, how can how can you summarize this so Jelly can be involved and we can catch them up on what we were just talking about. You went on that tangent of making people the way you feel the sooner you accept.
Speaker 1: What's out of your control.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, especially in in this.
Speaker 5: I mean in in all three of our industries, whether it's it's music or athletics in the NFL, or me winning winning fights, losing fights, maybe get into contract, not getting a contract, the ups and downs, losing sponsors, keeping sponsors. It's just you got to understand too, that at the journey is the goal sometimes too, like we always get focused on that one goal when really, what if it's just the journey to get there that is going to make you the man and the woman that you are.
Speaker 4: So you're galvanized on the other end of it.
Speaker 5: You know, you're the man that you become by getting cut signed, cut signed, like all these different things you do, all the different things that we've been through.
Speaker 4: You know, it's and it's just a part of the journey.
Speaker 1: You were.
Speaker 2: Your quotes and one liners always give me fucking juice, dude, because you were you reminded me.
Speaker 4: It's like the goal is the process, Like journey is the goal.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been cut? Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't, but I have do. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I've had tears in my eyes rolling my suitcases back up to my house in San Diego. After losing three fights in a row, I went six hundred and eight days with I won in a fight, and I thought I was going to You.
Speaker 1: Thought that wasn't that long ago, was it?
Speaker 4: It was twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: It was like twenty thirteen to twenty fifteen, and it was like, and I had just gotten married. I'm supposed to be providing for my wife and I can't win a dang fight to save my life.
Speaker 2: So I'm And you also have bigger goals of like getting to the UFC and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of you went through some sponsors ship then too, where some sponsors bailed.
Speaker 5: On yeah, yeah, which is which is yeah? And in my industry too, it's kind of interesting. It doesn't matter how big the platform is. I mean, it's all about relationships.
Speaker 4: Can you can you?
Speaker 5: Because no matter what, it doesn't matter if it's the biggest bank or the biggest commercial dealer or the biggest the biggest.
Speaker 4: Record label or whatever.
Speaker 5: It's still heartbeats and people behind those decision makings, and you got to have a good relationship. Do you have a good reputation a good relationship with those people? So, but yeah, it's been ups and downs.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear what the playoff Willie had to say about this. Yeah, I know, I think because I say it was from a friend's perspective, I think.
Speaker 5: It was just as hard on us friends as well with you friend that could not quit laughing at the second post when you were like I don't believe this ship.
Speaker 1: I was like me slaughing, laughing Like my daughter was like, what's so funny?
Speaker 3: I might have once begin.
Speaker 1: Was like what's so funny? I was like, we all get cut from the raiders. She's like, that's awful. Why are you laughing? I was like, it's happened twice for me.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm in such a different spot in my career like to me and you were saying it too. The sooner you can accept what's out of your control, the easier life is going to be for you because things are just out of your control. And the sooner you can get over that hump and move forward, and this that the other I know, this last thing with the Raiders playing football really was just a reminder for me about how much the relationship, the relationships, just the game, the love of the game in general, and the camaraderie, like just how much that meant to me. So no matter what had happened, because number one, when Basachia first called me, he's like, Hey, I don't know how long you know you'll be with us because injuries and stuff like that. But he's like, you know, I'll guarantee you without guaranteeing you, that I'll get you as much as three games as possible, because if you get three games, that's a credited season. So he knew I had wanted that before I went out there, So he Basata is a guy who kind of keeps it. He keeps it real with you the entire time you're out there. The second week I was there, I was about to get cut and put on practice squad. He was like, Hey, we might cut you today, we'll put you back on practice squad and then we'll use two elevations that'll get you or three games. We've got to manipulate the roster round because of injuries, tight ends, tight ends coming back, like different positions coming back. And so he's somebody that's just always communicated with me and been transparent.
Speaker 5: Is that normal, by the way, I don't know, like does the head coach usually call no, okay, no?
Speaker 2: Does not usually does not usually disclose a lot of stuff like all the transactions and.
Speaker 4: Would normally be your your positions coach.
Speaker 2: Or I mean usually you just get a call, hey, can you come to the facility and bring your iPad and then you know you're getting cut, so then you usually just know what time it is. I think for me being thirty two, being and playing for Basasia and kind of having a little bit of a relationship with him throughout since I've been on the Raiders the first time, you kind of just have the relationship to to say those things are call him up and kind of say, hey, here's what your role is gonna be. Because I'm not a young guy anymore. It's not like, you know, I know when I got cut when I was younger or bounced from the uh the Washington football teams of the Titans, like you know, there's it's a different it's a different approach with like the mental strength. But for me, you kind of know some things are coming. Yeah, I was bummed and it sucked, especially uh before the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I was really wanting to be a part of the playoff run.
Speaker 2: But it's it's honestly just accepting what you can't control, like and knowing that that that that plays nothing into the next decision that you're about to make.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, I got cut.
Speaker 2: Now what do I do? How do I embrace this shitty situation?
Speaker 4: That's maturity, man, that's the that's the wisdom of the of the wolf.
Speaker 2: In a while to like be that way too, like, because you're in such an uncertain all of us we're sitting here, you we're in like an uncertain We're in uncertain industries right to where the turnover.
Speaker 1: Is rapid, especially in football, I know with the UFC.
Speaker 2: I know, once you get established in music, you can kind of ride that you have that momentum.
Speaker 1: You're still only as big as your last hit. Yeah yeah, like he's as big as his last fight. You're as big as your last season in the NFL, or who you played for, what position you played, Make no mistake. Lucky for some of us I'm blessed that I've built. I have a family, like a real fan base that's a cult following. But ultimately, all these big decisions outside of the ones that are gonna ride with me, no matter what, I don't put out a good song this year, nobody gives a fuck that performance based the world, man, are you talking about like pop culture like Jelly Rolls supporters will love me if I don't write a song for ten years, right, But the pop culture people like y'all would call them the casuals in MMA. They don't give a fuck if I don't If I don't produce this year, it's.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, that's fucking wild man.
Speaker 1: It's scary. It has to go to the studio with a different mentality.
Speaker 2: Always because you're always you always have that chip and you're always looking over your shoulder.
Speaker 1: I was never afraid of not making it, and I am petrified of losing it. Does that make sense? I was never afraid of not making it, but I am petrified of.
Speaker 3: List that fucking hitter right there.
Speaker 1: It's like, if I didn't make it, who cares?
Speaker 4: Like I took?
Speaker 1: Like I told you before, I was, you know, you can't. I've been at the bottom. But you know, whatever I've been, I know what that is. Now. It's like if I have to go back there, I'm okay with that. I've sat on this podcast before because I know the place. I was a fucking tour guide. But it's like, you know, but I'm at night. You know, your fears are totally different than when you're coming up. So it's like, God, just it puts a pressure on the studio that I never wanted, right, you know? Does that dudes? That happen for y' all in practice? Like you knowing this is year nine? When you show up to the Raiders, is it like, Man, I gotta bust my fucking ass. I gotta show these twenty four year olds I.
Speaker 4: Belong here a little bit.
Speaker 2: Not not so much it did in nineteen when I was on the Raiders, like they had pressed they had brought Presston Brown in and I'm like late at night, like laying it like fuck, like I gotta bust my ass because I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to lose my job.
Speaker 2: And this one, it's like I knew so much about what it was before I had gotten there, not that I knew I was gonna get twice in a week and stuff like that, and you know, COVID, my mom passing and stuff like that. You don't know that that's coming, but you kind of know what your role is going to be in at all. So how can you embrace that little role that you might have. Like there's half the team you know because I was there at nineteen. The other half you don't know. But they're gonna have some type of curiosity about why are people feeling this way about Will when you know at the end of the day, he's just playing special teams in a backup spot and stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's just.
Speaker 2: Important to like coach young guys, not even coaching, but just kind of be around to ask questions and whenever they had questions for me, like just being an open book and just being like somebody who always walks in the room and has like a positive attitude about something, you know what I mean, Like especially recently, some like and I know people care about me and stuff like that, But sometimes I'll be around people I'll be like, damn they they seem to feel worse for me than I actually feel for myself right now, because when you do get cut and for people who are absolutely curious based on hard times that they might be in or whatnot. Like if the minute I do get cut, I can think, damn, why am I not getting another chance? Like I just had COVID, I was sick for a week, had symptoms, my mom just passed. Like I know, I was just averaging the first game back with KC. But why can't I get another opportunity or another chance. You can be that hard person to cut and be like, you know, feel sorry for yourself and think about all the shit you just endured to bring that into me being cut. But it's again, man, how quickly can you just accept that this shit is not in my control? Fine, there's always something to be grateful for it, no matter how fucking down bad I felt like I was, there's always something to kind of look toward. Whether it's like I get to go back and see the boys and be back on the bus again. I get to go back and see my wife, who's seven months pregnant.
Speaker 3: I get to go back.
Speaker 2: And I can call my you know, I can get on the phone my dad a little bit more. I can do all these different things, and then, you know, how can I spin it? To embrace this uncertain situation and bring humor to people by being cut or showing people the inside of like, yo, I'm getting cut.
Speaker 3: It fucking sucks. I wish I could still play.
Speaker 2: Or the second time I am once again telling you I'm getting cut by the raiders, like just finding off that cynical or what? But you just again, man, it's like direct your actions? How are you going to choose to direct your next actions after accepting what you can't control? And I feel like that's something that is just always with me. It did take time because, like you said, when you're younger, you're super stressed. Because when I was young and on practice squad and stuff, you want to be a superstar or you want to you want this shit so fucking badly. You're just you fear getting cut and everything else. Not that you ever doubt your ability, but you live with that fear in your mind when you lay down and you're just like, fuck, I need to perform. I had a bad day a practice, I had this, I had that. Basashi always says, a good thing. You can have bad moments, but don't ever have a bad day. You can have bad moments, you can have that place we can coach the fuck out of you on this play. You can see it this way, But don't ever go to bed feeling like you have a bad day. Once you have that bad moment, figure out how you learn from that moment, how you can accept it, how you can then pivot and figure out and adapt to and overcome it.
Speaker 4: And then from there that is the positive in.
Speaker 1: That bad moment.
Speaker 3: Therefore you don't you don't eventually have a bad day. You don't ultimately have a bad day.
Speaker 1: Was it like there for you in the practice room with big fights? Was it more pressure? Man? I doing it since wrestless, since you were a kid.
Speaker 2: So it's just like, nah, it's just because that's an individual sport too, Like you're fucking I know the fears that come in with when I was growing up wrestling my brother was a stud. But like I know, the fear like you're going on the Cody Cody common, no free shout outs, but that little fear you have, like what is that like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is that like for you?
Speaker 5: Well, I've been sitting here just listen, listening to this and and I think it should be a testament to any young young athlete, young entrepreneur, young young man or woman, out there. This stuff takes time to mold yourself into who you want to be. Well, we're talking about a Will Compton who was able to come in, get in where you fit in, be the inspiration, be the light to younger guys, even if it meant them passing you up, or younger guys knowing what your role is. You think about the twenty three to twenty five year old Will was scared to death of everything, whereas now the thirty two thirty three year old Will comes in with this almost guardian ship mentality. You're gonna go out there, you're gonna ball, you're gonna do your thing. And it's kind of the same thing with me as well. I mean, there's a there's so much maturity and all the stuff that you're saying it, and it's not like you had this moment of wisdom. It took you nine years to get here, and then the five years or four years before that at Nebraska and then the years in Missouri playing football. It takes decades to turn yourself into the man that you have become and the man that I have become, and the man that you have become. And it's it should if anything, people shouldn't be listening. Well, man, I wish I had that kind of wisdom. I had that kind of mentality. Will's over here talking about gratitude. How are you gonna have gratitude when you get cut two times in one week and all that, and it's it becomes so much more. Like we talked about with my mindset coach who was sitting here, Jim Hencil, like, fighting for me is what I do, but it's not who I be, you know, it's not who I am as a person. I am not fully encompassed by the sport of mixed martial arts.
Speaker 4: And I become a man inside the.
Speaker 5: Sport who can govern and negotiate and navigate this entire life based upon all the experiences that I've had, you know, and I younger. When I was younger in my career, I had the blessing and the curse of getting shot out of a cannon. Eighteen months into my career, I was the number three lightweight in the world, and everybody was talking about how we want to see him go fight in the UFC. So that brought about a lot of self inflicted pressure, you know, self inflicted pressure where I'm sparring with the guy and I get hit and all of a sudden, I think, will shoot Now, I gotta get it back, and I just lost around if I'm gonna lose around to this quote unquote, nobody gonna be the best lightweight in the world.
Speaker 4: And we start to put all this pressure on ourselves, and.
Speaker 5: Then you can only do that for so long where you either crash and burn and never make it, or you crash and burn, pull yourself back up and pull yourself out of that valley. For me, it was three three losses in a row, six hundred eighty eight days that win in a fight, and then all of a sudden you get to you do get to a point, and you've probably felt this too, like this thing isn't that big of a deal, you know, I put so much pressure on myself, like this whole thing is the end all be all, And that's a probably a good indicator that you probably have a little bit too much of your self esteem, yourself worth, your self image tied up into what you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your identity, which you gotta I don't. I can't.
Speaker 5: You can't sit here and say that you can't have your identity in it, in it, maybe not fully but it needs to be in there or else you're not gonna You're not gonna get to where you need to go.
Speaker 2: You definitely have to have some obsession with you have to who you are and what you're doing. But yeah, you have to I feel like, have that perspective that you aren't fully what that sport is. Like we'll come from the football player and all this stuff, because once that identity he gets attacked, you are very like triggered and you can like emotionally react back to it.
Speaker 5: And it's just a self it's a self fulfilling, self defeating prophecy a lot of times too when you you kind of get in there and we've we've probably all gone through it, you know, and it's just it's a beautiful thing and it's a blessing in the scars. But once again, it's that journey that we talked about, the journey of getting to where you want to go.
Speaker 4: It really was the goal.
Speaker 5: The goal was being the man on the other side of this trial, this valley, this hardship.
Speaker 2: Right, jolly, what's what's like getting cut equivalent to in your industry? Is it just like people just stop fucking listening and then you just you're kind of in your own.
Speaker 1: Head with you, right. Your biggest fear is that my nightmares are one day everybody wakes up at the same time and decides we're over the jelly roll guy. You know what I mean. I mean raised from everybody's personal playlist, and I know it's an unrealistic think. It's good to be centered talking to y'all, Like to day, I came in here and dealt with my depression to help me so much because I am in the opposite space mentally of y'all. Two, I'm working on my new album and there is so much pressure in the writing room, got to be and it's like I've never you know why, because I never had a bar, Right, I never had a bar before. It was like, I've just wrote thousands of songs. So and the good news is I know one thing about myself. I'm willing to write thousands of more because I love it. So I know I'm going to write another good song sometime.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So it's like because I'm willing to write thousands of bad ones, but that's cool. But it's like totally different because for the first time when you meet new producers, right, you walk into the room. There was like, hey, I was thinking, we love dead Man Walking up because it's like number twenty something on rock radio. Get let's say twenty seven right there, let's go at the radio. My first my first song ever is at the radio, and it's doing beyond any imagination I could have had. So he's like, I love dead Man Walking. I was thinking something like that, and I was like, oh, I got a bar now. Like now it's not like just let's write a good song. It's like, can we write a dead Man Walking? Yeah? You're just like I don't. I don't just shiit those yea.
Speaker 5: When you say ball, you're saying, we have you have something that's solidified.
Speaker 1: Or it was just like, let's write a good song now. Producers are like you if you've tried something, you know the tempo and key have saved me is this And you're just like, oh Jesus, you think I'm gonna write another save me today? You think I just woke up like if I could just write, write twenty of them and return the save butt. You know what I'm saying, Fuck, I'll go write rocket Man again, right not we just turn on a write you know what I'm saying it's not how it works. So it's like, but you're in these rooms and they had that expectation. Now is that we're improving, you can do it. That's where the pressure comes from.
Speaker 4: More.
Speaker 1: There's more pressure, and you're just like, man, I just want to like smoke a joint, write a song. Dude, I don't it might suck. Man, Is that okay?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 1: If that's not okay with you, I'm not the guy to be in the room with because I'm like, I might fuck this up. Just so y'all know, I'm subject to like get too drunk too early. I don't know, I might blow this whole thing. I might forget we're writing and get on TikTok for the next hour. Please put no faith in me to come in here and write another save me today, because I don't have to. You know. It's like I'm not that's not what I you know, it's the old days. Those songs were written because I just showed up and blew one and was like, a man, let's just write a song.
Speaker 2: And probably because you not like string bad days, but you just have your own process, like, hey, it's gonna come when it comes.
Speaker 3: And now you feel like the expectation.
Speaker 2: Of being in the room with these writers, like, hey, you guys are expecting me to pop this thing out like well within the next couple of.
Speaker 3: Days or what.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's they do factory writing. That's why I say Ernest is the most talented person I know. You can wake Earnest up out of a coma and put him in a room with somebody and just start writing a big song. That's just who Ernest is and how he does it. It is not how Jelly does it. I have a totally different approach. I gotta feel like writing. I gotta wanna write, you know what I'm saying. Admittedly, it might have to be a substance involved for me to be to feel maximum creative. You know what we're Ernest, you could literally wake him up dead sleep, Hey man, sit up, man, I got an idea. He's like, yet me too, me to like, was you fucking dreaming of it? You know where it's just a little different from me because the music is more cathartic, so it's more of a you know, I'm more of a deep thinker about it. So, yeah, I needed to hear y'all's mentality about how this should done stress y all. He's just like, yeah, man, that's not my idea. And You're like, yeah, man, I'm fucking veteran in the locker room. Dog you get cut like, fuck y'all. Fucking I'm over here, butt my butt hoole's fucker tight every time I walk in one of these meats.
Speaker 4: Well, but I think there's there's a certain amount of you.
Speaker 2: Almost hate that he says that, because you I don't feel like we're just we just feel that way.
Speaker 5: Well kind of mean, kind of, but but I think there was there was moments where that that pressure was was very important. There was moments and and some days it gets to you, some days it doesn't. And sometimes in some seasons, uh, and you just you you kind of navigate.
Speaker 4: Through it and you experience through it, you know.
Speaker 1: All a vice about something. Yeah, I got everybody asking me, now, is it gonna be a rock album? Are you gonna do a rap album? Are you gonna do a country album? And I never had to deal with that before. I just wrote music and just had lived wherever it hell. So for the first time in my life, it's like, I don't know how to deal with that because now when I'm in a writing room. You know, I'm thinking to myself, what producer do I call? Cause I don't know if I want to write, I don't know what I'm I don't know what I'm writing, you know what I mean? Like I never thought about it before. It's almost like fuck. I watched Joe Dirt my daughter the other day. It's damn by the way. I took Bailey on my side, tangent. I took Bailey on this movie trend right where I make her watch all the old like my classics. She calls them classical movies, Like I'm making her watch black and white people.
Speaker 3: Like Gone with the Wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that, but it's like my class I'm like, yo. So like we watch we watched two, We watch a whole the marathon the other day. I have a list of my phone then we just check them off as we go. It's like thirty movies I wanted to see, And every time we do it, we'll watch a funny one and a sad one. And Joe Dirt was the funny one this day. Right Forrest Gump was the sad one. Right, So we watched we watched Joe Dirt, and it was like So, first of all, I've never related to a story more than I think I personally relate to Joe Dirt story. But it was like when the dude was It's like, have you ever thought of like cutting the mullet? And he goes, yeah, I guess I could do that, like he'd never thought about it. That's how I felt when somebody was like, are you gonna do a rock or rap album? I'm like, never thought of it, never crossed my mind until you said it. Now I can't quit fucking thinking about it now.
Speaker 5: It's the only thing because before you were just making music. Jelly Roll was just making music. Now it's like, now that you have the bar, you have the pressure. Now you have to think about what direction you go. You're saying, I never thought about it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yeah, that's tough. I feel like, so that's weird, right it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because well, because you also have that, I mean, you have a unique sound that is also kind of between both.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that too.
Speaker 2: I feel like what you rid a lot of these genres into like your own thing because when people comment certain things about the pod and you.
Speaker 1: Think, oh, should we do it this way?
Speaker 2: Should we do it that way, and then it's just like stuck on my head twenty four to seven that you know, hey.
Speaker 1: Guys, we should do this.
Speaker 2: I feel like you just get caught up in comparing where you should be based on what somebody else's expectation is, whereas you've gotten to where you are, and we've all gotten to where we are based on genuinely being ourselves. I think when you're like, when you are uniquely yourself, it all comes together, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: If you get caught too much up into the wrap or the rock.
Speaker 2: Now, if you've got something in the basement that you've been wanting to do that you know is yourself and there's a there's inspiration behind it that you're bringing up, you're like, yeah, I've been wanting to do this. Now I have the platform and now is the time to do something like this. Fucking go for it. But if it's something that I feel like you're sitting there leaning on because you feel like a couple of people said something and it places an expectation in your head, because again, I'm only going off of what I see because I am so obsessed with getting better at busting with the boys that I fall into that stuff too, that you start to change your expectation just because you're comparing it to somebody else's, if that makes sense. Now, Well, I don't know what goes in your head as far as how much you love being in the rap of the rock. Like, I think you're talented, and again, like he said, I do think you kind of bring it all together to where you can kind of call it whichever genre you want to.
Speaker 4: But I think you're just being unique to yourself, Jelly.
Speaker 8: They're asking too because you had talked about either on here or Ernest.
Speaker 9: You were talking about you had a country, a rock, and a rap album coming too.
Speaker 8: That's why they're asking, right, because you were already talking about doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I just I knew that the sound was so fused. And this might be getting too deep into how the sausages made, but there's like inside baseball. Unfortunately, even though I don't believe the genres are a thing or should be a thing, corporate America still does and they want you to like pledge allegiance to them, you know what I mean. Like when you're on a walk fine line here, when you're on rock radio, rock expects you to represent rock music, which I think I do represent the spirit of rock music better than anybody. I mean, y'all, you know, y'all know who I am. It's like country.
Speaker 4: Hit the tape on it.
Speaker 1: It's like country music. Y'all get it, y'all know what I do. Yes, so show me drunk and falling off stage insert clip here. But it's like, you know, country music is like, dude, I could sing, you know, amazing Grace is gonna sound a little country. I'm fucking from Tennessee, Dude, you know what I mean. I can't help how I sound when I sing. Period.
Speaker 4: It's just it's a.
Speaker 1: Textural thing, right. I can't change that. And I grew up in hip hopes, so I feel like it's like I feel like one of them Mormons or something. These are my three wives, and I love them all equally. It's like, you know, it's like and you know, we all have a unique relationship in our own way. So it's been trying to figure it out. But you saying that just and that's what I've been teaching, trying to preach myself. I needed an affirmation, is that what I call it. I needed an affirmation. I needed somebody to confirm. My thought was like, just do what you do and let them figure out what genre is. That's what I need to do. Just turn music in and go, y'all figure it out. Guys. The whiskey distillers at Whistle Pig Whiskey have cut loose the piggyback pair of the piggyback guys. The whiskey distillers at Whistle Pig Whiskey have cut loose the piggyback. Barrel aged craft cocktail is in a can, and it's so much better than a seltzer. It's a crisp, refreshing but super bold and flavorful. You heard that, baby. I don't think there's anything like this out there. It is so refreshing, bold and balanced. Whistle Pigs take on this as a more flavorful seltzer and it's at eight percent. Sign me up. It's made with one hundred percent a state grown rye from the Whistle Pig Whiskey farm. Who knew you could interrupt and who knew you could innovate with rye so many ways. The fruit in its barrel aged and whiskey barrels given its whiskey notes. Now I am a big whiskey guy. But this is going to be my go to for tailgates. Yes, out on the boat for the bonfire and honestly perfect for any kind of kickback type of outing. My favorite flavor, hands down is the fresh ginger Lime, which I think is what's right. Oh no, no, no, no, though though this is the BlackBerry Lemon Fizz baby, but just something about the black lemon BlackBerry lemon Fizz. They also have a session citrus mint. Yes you heard that right. Visit Piggy back Rye smash dot com. That's right, piggyback Rye smash dot com for more info and make sure you grab a box in.
Speaker 4: Selected stores all over Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Listen man, Whistlepig is the best in the facts they found the way to put it in a can with flavor is even crazier because nothing to messes with the pig. I'm telling you, dude. We were at a pre Grammy party one time for yellow Wolf with Innerscope Records. It was a private party, right and it's like right before the night before the Grammys, and all the big wigs are there from Innerscope and yellow Wolf was performing until it's gone and all that stuff that was just killing megaheads, right, And I'm with Yellow and we're upstairs and they are giving their It's catered by whistle Pig, and they're just giving free shots. Never heard of this liquor because at the time I was way too poor to afford it. So I was like, this is crazy. So because there was free I drank as much of it as I possibly could. I got absolutely redneck drunk right there in the middle of this big Grammy party, and I met Paul Rosenberg, the guy who does all the eminem stuff. Have y'all ever seen him? I thought he would look like you right in my mind. In my mind, he would be you know what I'm saying, right, you feel me? Right in my mind, I thought he'd be a littler fella, you know, kind of because that's how he sounds on a song, like more of like a business guy dude. This dude looks like a goddamn offensive lineman. This dude is like fucking six six with the shoulders of Taylor Luwan and the girth of Rogers half hold. I was like, what fuck it is happening right now? I shook his hand and was like, holy fuck, you sound so different on the eminem songs. I was that drunk that I'm talking to fucking Paul Rosenberg about what I thought. He looked like, Yep, shout out the whistle pig.
Speaker 3: Drink your whistle pig.
Speaker 4: That's a fucking fire little ad. Do you have to choose one producer for an album?
Speaker 1: No, you can have multis always dance around y'all work the room. Yeah, yeah, for sure. So it's it's kind of one of my things is But it's like with new success comes new opportunities, which both of y'all get, which is new to me. Y'all been here a lot longer me right, as far as in the successful seat of life.
Speaker 4: So it's like.
Speaker 1: I kind of snuck in the back door and hope didn't nobody notice me?
Speaker 4: By no man, Yeah dude.
Speaker 1: But it's like, so with that a little way back in the day, So there's new opportunities there. So you're meeting with new producers and you know you're doing you're doing the man dance again for the first time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, So it's like, you know, it's like like dating somebody again, and it's like, well, I'm happily married I don't want to start dating all over, but I know I need to for growth, you know. So I don't know, it's just been a unique thing I'm going through. And when y'all started bringing up y'all ship, you were like, yeah, man, I just you know, did you get cut? I'm a veteran. I was just like, God, I needed to hear this today. It's not how I feel about where I'm at.
Speaker 2: My Whenever you get on the other side of the album that you're making and then you you see it for what it is, and then you realize you put way too much pressure on yourself during that time frame, and then, to me, that's how you That's how I kind of learned and look back, like, man, we took that shit way too seriously, and you can kind of like, all right, you forgive yourself and then move on and know how to approach it the next time.
Speaker 5: That's that's right there. That's where the rub is. I think it's And that's kind of what I was alluding to. It's okay to put that type of pressure on yourself to get get what needs to be done done to then have.
Speaker 4: The success or the failure.
Speaker 5: We've all gone through that and look back and say, man, I will put way too much pressure on myself. And then you grew to hear and now the next time you have a little bit of more of a unique perspective, and you're probably still gonna.
Speaker 1: Put that age that you were talking about earlier. Some things are meant for the skillets. Some things are meant for the crock pot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: By time under tension, you know, like the longer, the longer the journey, the more the tension for the longer periods of time, Cockpot.
Speaker 1: And the good good news is for the new album.
Speaker 4: I forget.
Speaker 3: I gotta put that quite in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm not in a rush, So it's like, that's the cool part. I don't I don't have to grill this album. I could smoke it. So that's a good rush.
Speaker 5: That's a good spot to be in too, because then because then you also know you're not making decisions based on based upon unrealistic timelines and expectations and and even just too just thinking about Okay, I'm gonna find the right amount of wisdom at the right amount at the exact right time to know exactly what moves to make relationship and ships to have hands to shake, producers, to pick genres, to lean towards all those different things.
Speaker 1: I'm a come here with y'all offline.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, this is a good transition. This is from red cast Rob Dash rip John Madden.
Speaker 4: Definitely rip John Madden, but.
Speaker 3: Red cast Rob.
Speaker 2: As you continue to get older, how do you stay motivated every day, even on a hard days?
Speaker 1: What do you focus on to get there? Mike? What do you got for us? I know you, guys, I know you got some gems with that one man.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, it's an interesting time for me.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I'm getting older and what I've what I've been doing, you know, is mixed martial arts. I know that road will end in the coming years. You know, I'm closer to the end than I am the very beginning. So I'm for me, I'm continuing to take a step back and look at my life from a thirty thousand foot view of who Michael Chandler is. Who he is is a father, a husband, an athlete, a businessman, all these different avenues. Relationships have become more important to me because I've been so focused on my craft, and eventually that craft ends, So then you're only going to be left with what you've built, the legacy that you have, and the relationships that you have around you, which you can continue to create more relationships.
Speaker 4: But I mean, for me, I've been thinking.
Speaker 5: I have been thinking about because my career isn't over by any means, so I have years left ahead of me, but I know eventually this thing is going to end, and I think about, Okay, how do I want to be remembered? And because people ask me that all the time, like, hey, what do you want your legacy to be? And really, I think part of my legacy is never thinking about My legacy is just constantly working every single every single day, you know. So as I've gotten older, continue to take care of my body, continuing to squeeze every ounce of happiness and joy and impact I can out of this entire career that I've had for such a very long time, and then starting to lay the pieces of the puzzle together for what's next.
Speaker 1: How do you stay motivated though all the hard times?
Speaker 2: Actually, I know you you deal with depression and stuff like that, Like how do you stay motivated on the fucking hard days? Do you have experience and being motivated or I know, when you get in the tank. Like I don't know about all the clinical depression and things that can go on, but I know when you get in the tank, you can kind of be in the tank. But on days where you're kind of toeing the line, you know, on those hard days, how do you guys like, you know, stay motivated.
Speaker 4: I got to write. That's your that's your outlet.
Speaker 1: I gotta write no matter what. Some days I'll be really down and my wife will like push me out the door, like go right, like go to the studio by yourself and just pick up a pen, and like she'll she's took my phone from me before, Like just go up there and pull open up your laptop and just write. And that's where you know, some of the best songs in my career came out of too. It's always been my things. What's something I always had? If you years being to be I was in and out of the juvenile system most of my younger life up went into great detail on this story story on this podcast. So it's like you spend so much time getting moved round from this juvenile prison to this halfway house to this group home. One thing that could never take from me was my pen and pad, and that's kind of what kept me into music, to be honest. So for me, it's just making myself even if I don't want to. You gotta go fucking right, I'm sure for you, it's like I gotta go work out. Dwayne Johnson says that that's his anchor. His anchor is that gym. The world can shit on him, but he's gonna go in there and throw someone around. You don't care how he physically feels, mentally, feels, spiritually feels. He's gonna go in here and throw some weight around, You know what I mean? What's that anchor for you?
Speaker 2: I think for me, when when times are like hard, I feel like there's too much going on in my head, like I'm thinking of too many things at once. So I feel like for me, like staying motivated, I have to have clarity with what I'm going after, you know what I mean. So if I have, for example, if I'm looking at staying motivated with football, right which this past year I had this hard time staying motivated with training every day. I would tell the boys, even when when we're going over to the gym, like I would have a tough time staying motivated to train for football, because football, you know, with UFC, it's such a violent sport.
Speaker 1: You have to do these hard.
Speaker 2: Things to stay in shape, to stay strong, to stay fast, all these things, because if you slacken one, it ends up coming back to you. I mean so much so that in thanks during Thanksgiving, I was telling my family, my mom and dad and my brothers, how you know I was gonna hang it up, like I was gonna be done. I was starting to prepare for the next chapter. But it was so hard to stay motivated. But during like those foggy times staying motivated and balancing the pod and trying to train and stay in shape for football, they're like, hey, am I gonna play this year?
Speaker 1: Am I not gonna play? I feel like it's just something.
Speaker 2: Where it's written down for me on what I'm trying to achieve. So from there I'm able to know with clarity what I'm accomplishing and if I get if it gets too hard for me, it's just asking myself like what is it, like, what's actually bothering me? If it's too much much going on in my head, Like if there's too many things to where I'm too much inside the box. Here's a little jim for you. If you're inside the box, you can't read the directions, so zooming out, getting outside of the box and seeing the whole picture. If you can zoom out more, you kind of see with clarity, like what's going on, Like, Okay, I have too much, I'm too cluttered in this area. Or I can usually figure out that I've been sleeping in, or not necessarily sleeping in, but laying in my bed longer than I should or dragging ass downstairs longer than I need to before I go show up for a nine am workout, and I'm showing up at like nine to forty five, right, And if I know that's jogging me down, I can usually ask myself the right question. So I'm like, Yo, you just gotta fucking wake up and do your shit like you gotta. You gotta set an arm. You gotta wake up, whether it's breathing or making the coffee or like doing my routine before I show up and get there at nine o'clock, have a good workout to where I'm doing the workout and I'm not checking my my phone and making sure i'm stuff with busting's going all right or any of that kind of shit. I feel like when it gets foggy up here, I can usually identify like what's going on, and it's something.
Speaker 4: It's usually clarity for me.
Speaker 2: Like once I get clarity and what the avenue is, that's when I wake up the next morning and try and like nip that in the butt, and then that usually gives me the momentum that I need to stay motivated or or change the direction I need to go. Sometimes like you're just on the wrong path and you need to figure out something different that you need to do.
Speaker 5: Clarity, clarity, and progress, Yeah, I mean that's where that's exactly what you were talking about, just making some sort of progress in your lane. What makes you feel alive, what makes you feel whole, what makes you feel like you got something done is writing. What makes you feel alive and feel like you're getting something done, getting clarity. And that's the thing too, even just going back to a guy who writes for a living, writes songs for a living, I mean just as a in human nature, as a human being, a pen and a pad is the easiest, most successible, cheapest thing you can possibly almost get out there. And even just sitting down and feeling like you're cluttered a lot of times.
Speaker 4: You know, this guy just asked about being unmotivated.
Speaker 5: A lot of time we feel unmotivated because we are so overloaded with what we think we need to do, or we have too much junk going on, or we are admittedly sleeping in too much, or we're not sleeping enough, or we're making bad decisions that are continuing to add to the more mental fog. And then even for me too, going back to which I didn't touch on earlier, it is even just the gratitude waking up every morning feeling grateful for what I have, even just the small things.
Speaker 4: I find myself when I'm in in.
Speaker 5: My most grateful state, when I'm continuing to think about the little things that I do have, the little wins that I do have, the blessings that I do have in my life, it's kind of hard to be foggy, negative, unmotivated, you know. So that's what helps me.
Speaker 1: I started. I've learned to really zero in on what I need right Like sometimes when I'm really depressed, well, I'll have a need that I don't realize as a need until I really think about it, Like little needs, Like every now and then, I need to get in my truck and drive to this old country diner that I drive to. It's like an hour or outside of town that I go clear my thoughts, and it's like my way of thinking. I won't listen to the radio. I crack the window to hear that wind come in, let that weed smoke out at the same time, and I'll drive out there just dead, silence, phone off, and every now and then I just need that, you know what I mean, Every now and then I need to go see my uncle. He lives out in the country, and I'll just drive out there and just pop up and knock on the door. You think I'll wait. They always think something's wrong.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I just needed to come see man. I don't even know what I needed to talk to you about. I just felt the need that this is what I'm so caught up in. This other shit, this daddy shit, and this jelly roll shit, that this husband shit that I just, you know, I need to get called on somebody else's ship. What are you doing? What's happening around here? You killed anything lately because you still cutting the grass? What are you doing out here? Old man? You know what I give me your ship for a minute. Yeah, you know what I mean. I need to get away from my shit, and that helped me A lot of my depression is learning those moments of like if I ever call one of y'all and I just start asking you questions, I just need to get away from my ship, drag me deep into yours.
Speaker 4: Well, which to it?
Speaker 5: Uh, you got to mention too, even what you said earlier, you knowing what you need sometimes you need to take that ride even but having people around you that know what you need, Like you said, your wife takes your phone away from just go up there and write you need this. Having the people around you that know what you need and are willing to, you know, embrace it with you and knowing exactly they know you as well as you know themselves. Whether that's your significant other, whether that's your team, whether that's your business partners, whether that's your family, whatever it is, the people around you knowing what you need as well.
Speaker 2: Right, if you're somebody who doesn't have people around you or someone around you, I think that the common denominator of all of our answers to is you end up getting You end up getting to the point of the conversation you're having with yourself to where you ask yourself the right question, or you get to like, yeah, I need to go do this. I need to go out to my uncle's, I need to call somebody and do this. You get to figuring out like what that question is that you need to answer to have the clarity. And then from there, like you said, you make progress. Like once you get progress, like that's what humans usually need to begin. And what is just finding some kind of progress of some kind of momentum. What do we got next, Alex, we can jump into football Live and know you got mister tennessee over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: Come on, baby, It's the best tweet of the year. Doctor is underappreciated. I demand more retweets on it today. Send us up to stab up the flag bow for me. Bet we are a lot of people over their runs down for me.
Speaker 2: We're shifting the energy we're getting in the Titans playoff. Jelly Roll tweeted last week, I want to be the twelfth man for the Titans playoff game.
Speaker 1: I want to stab that sword in the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I'm so fired up about this year. Tighten the fuck up. I had it the part, but like.
Speaker 1: A tighten organization to give a claim of the day that they let me stab the sword in the field. I went to this so the organization had brought me out and put me in the cool suite for the forty nine ers game. Yeah right, I was supposed to go see Blazing now, but y'all were y'all. I heard y'all didn'tant o there. But oh yeah no that's what I heard. Yeah no, no, no, that's.
Speaker 3: What I heard.
Speaker 1: By what I said. What it happened was I had missed her, but she came to me, like, y'all want to take you down to the suite, And I was like, yeah, I want to go see him for sure. But yeah, man, it's like I went and I seen the pain Train was the twelfth Man that day, and he came out and put the sward in field. I was like, that's what I need to do. I was like, that's what I need to do. I need to go out there and put the you know somebody right now, man, we should call somebody, yeah right now, make it happen. Yeah, Nate's to homie. I think I think Nate's the one that's been. I got a whole bunch of them. They took real good care of us. Some sweet. I couldn't bring Bailey, unfortunately because she was out of town week four Christmas, but I took the whole band. I brought my whole band of some post tour stuff. He went up there and got drunk and then we went over to kid Rock Sweet and kept getting drunk and it was awesome. It was incredible. We were calling Nate Ban, shout out the boy Nate band, Let's fucking go. That's what I need to stab the baby.
Speaker 10: Yes, I know, yeah exactly, Like, Hey, can I suit up this weekend?
Speaker 4: They think you want to suit up this weekend.
Speaker 1: He's on the phone with He's on the phone with the other person that's going to be the twelfth man? Yeah, right, got three minutes dude, Hey, and I do want to be out here this weekend. So I just went on this, Hey can I be this twelve man? Yeah? So I just went on this rant on on on Instagram. On the way here. Tech nine got to perform at the Kansas City Chiefs halftime game. Yes, wow, right, first of all, local guy to Kansas City. Just watching him do it. Just I mean, we talked that week and he was like, I can't even describe my feeling. He just left sound check and called me. He's like, this is wild, and I was just went on this rant. This is how this plays out, because I want you all to remember this and bring this back up in a few weeks. I hope we beat the Bengals, obviously, and I hope they beat the Bills, and I hope we get the rematch of the twenty twenty AFC Championship game here in Nashville this time. Now here's history. Tech nine and Travis o'gwynn hosted my family to the AFC Championship at Arrowhead Stadium in twenty twenty. I want to return the favor, and I want to host them in Nashville for this one, and I want to beat that fucking hass bag, just like we had to walk out of Arrowhead Stadium with our head down, and Travis was a good sport about it, which I hope I'm half the sport he was, because I'm going to be going fucking crazy. And I tell you something else you can quote on here too. If we go to the super Bowl. When we go to the Super Bowl, me and my daughter will be there. Period. You already got the tickets. No, but there's not a I have a price in mind, head that that I'm willing to pay. What are you willing to pay?
Speaker 4: I don't want to say it out loud because I got a couple of tickets.
Speaker 1: Now we need to talk.
Speaker 4: Did man willing to pay?
Speaker 1: I don't want to say it out loud, but it's the number I have. There's no way we don't get in the stadium.
Speaker 4: I believe you just sold your ticket. You sold your tickets over me.
Speaker 1: No, we're not.
Speaker 3: We're not. We're not.
Speaker 1: We're not allowed to super Bowl tickets. Okay, all right, do you hear what I got for them?
Speaker 3: No, we have to.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is we're not allowed to buy our super Bowl tickets and then up charge and sell above the face value.
Speaker 1: Okay, well our back yeah?
Speaker 4: Well well yeah we can.
Speaker 1: We can throw them to You'll just get a little.
Speaker 2: For the pod, like give you, I will give will give you the tickets to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Listen, we're.
Speaker 8: Thirteen year old.
Speaker 3: Might be doing a giveaway for real.
Speaker 2: Honestly, by listening, I think we are going to be doing a super Bowl ticket giveaway, so be on the lookout for that, Doug.
Speaker 1: I'm you gave these tickets to me. You don't give them to y'all. Man, gave them to some fans on Twitter, all the boys, the Boys.
Speaker 4: No, we'll get you taken care of.
Speaker 3: Here. We're on the farewell to I know a.
Speaker 1: Couple of people.
Speaker 3: You're calling the favorite y'all wants us to.
Speaker 2: Come out for the fight companion, to do a fight companion during the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, we'll do that Saturday before the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Bro, it's during the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: It's on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It's on during the Super Like you know how they watched the fight and then do their fighters and watch them.
Speaker 3: He wants to watch I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll go with you if the Titans don't go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But the Titans, I know, Taylor's all in.
Speaker 1: What's up because I'm gonna be because I want to be at the super Bowl too if they're in it.
Speaker 3: But I could I.
Speaker 1: Could do with I mean I could do it just watching it.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, that'd be tough, man. If the Titans are in the super Bowl, that would be tough.
Speaker 4: You're sort of watching on the fight the Football Companion.
Speaker 2: Right, I guess it would be called the Football Companion Companion with Brendon Shawk.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do the Fight Companion in the next month or two. I've been talking to him, right, go out there.
Speaker 4: And get lit.
Speaker 3: We were ready to get drunk.
Speaker 4: But I'm finna push the pace.
Speaker 2: Funny man, you're gonna You're gonna be in l A, out in l A no matter what.
Speaker 1: For the super bowler in general, just in general during that week. I don't want a time stamp it in case I'm wrong, but I think I'll be out there for the next month's fight. Yeah, I'll just say it. I think let's just go to Scottsdale to record the album. He was, so, I think I'm gonna be out there and to fly to l A and do it. Do the is a lot of sign and fight on the Fight Companion Anaheim. Yeah, now they're fighting in Houston, but I think shop ships in Calaballa. I'm gonna do the Fight Companion with them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We were talking about doing it for the National Championship Game, but there were so many moving parts that week of being cut and not getting cut, and I'm like, hey, you know, I think I'll be able to come out now, you know I just got cut. He'll be okay, yeah, let me know. And then I got picked on the next day. Hey man, I'm back. I'm back on the team. I don't think I'll be able to make it because see we're talking about before the Colts game, right, and I'm like, the way the Coults are playing, Hey, after our last game on January ninth, I should be able to fly out to LA for the National Championship on the tenth. I was like, the only chance it might not happen is if we beat the Colts this weekend, which the Colts were hot, so it was crazy when we upset them and beat the Colts at Indy. And so when we beat them, I say, hey man, I don't know if I'll be able to make it, because it looks like we can make the playoffs. Now, did you know we had a four percent chance after that ass open in case four percent? We had a four The Raiders had a four percent chance of making the playoffs after that ass opening.
Speaker 5: Case because of because of other teams needing to win and lose. You're saying, or just your guys, you versus them, heads up, Joe.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, like when they're going over it, like the chances when they're talking about the whole playoff picture, the Raiders had a four percent chance to get into the playoffs based on all the different variables of wins the ball teams lose.
Speaker 4: The Steelers were right, but he was crazy.
Speaker 1: We had two teams in AFC that just kind of almost just blind sidingly snuck in the playoffs last game of the season.
Speaker 2: Right, and it looks like people were already talking about it. But adding those two extra teams, both seven Seeds got absolutely destroyed. You think who you think is coming out of that Kansas City Bills game.
Speaker 1: I I know you want the Chiefs well, but that ass open the Bills are coming out with. Yeah, I mean, I tell you what I was hoping. I was secretly hoping the Steelers would have won and just got Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Correct, because that's the that would have been best. That would have definitely been getting.
Speaker 1: Because I love Teching. No, they're my homies. But I was secretly go big band. But uh, it didn't. It didn't. It didn't pan out for me. I can tell you this. I think I think that uh they'll play at Kansas City, Right, Okay, yeah, I don't know. Man, it's hard to walk out of Arrowhead with a wind. You've been Arrowhead a few times, I'm sure, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's nuts.
Speaker 1: But the Mafia is gonna travel Oh yeah, no, for sure they travel here. That's all walked out of Arrowhead.
Speaker 2: We just got done ripping up that logo midfield, breaking it down and got them cheeks clapped. Well to score that game. That's my first game back. I was like, oh shit, I think I think it ends up being the Titan. But the rest of you voice, I think it's the Titans and the.
Speaker 1: Chiefs, and I think it ends up being the Titans and the Green Bay Packers. I said it, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, hey, Blas, say you feeling about that? Sucks to be wrong.
Speaker 1: I hate it for you.
Speaker 4: Hey, Niners started fast last night, man, I was fired up.
Speaker 3: They look good.
Speaker 2: But the way the Cowboys were coming back at the end, they just they got to play complimentary football little bit better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I agree.
Speaker 6: You could also blame that on like the fact that they got They had a couple of injuries through the game too, and then you could always you could always count on Jimmy giving you a slight bit of hope. I mean he he tends to just to get careless with the ball and give you one that you could build on.
Speaker 4: So like Oprah, is there any truth the l ball?
Speaker 1: You get old MIKEE move to Dallas. He don't throw picks like that. I'm joking, is it?
Speaker 4: I just heard? Hey, yeah, we got to cut that out. Sorry, Jimmy, Jimmy, I ain't mean that.
Speaker 3: I was just making a joke.
Speaker 5: By are they enforcing the vaccination for the I heard?
Speaker 1: Listen? You know me, I'm obviously like the worst rumor mill ever. But from what I hear. From what I hear is there is that there is the backup and it's supposed to be to Dallas due to some COVID ship. Yeah, he pulled up some article about it.
Speaker 2: So Jelly just looks like he has all the conspiracies, like all the rumors.
Speaker 1: You know, That's what I heard. I'm up at five in the morning stone reading stuff. Yeah, some article here that might back what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hope that because the tickets are it's a way easier flight from here to Dallas.
Speaker 4: This here, Dallas is the backup right, Yeah, yeah, Jerry's wild.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping, man, that was a bad I can probably get up, get a couple of tickets in a suite over there. I got some country music buddies that got some pool over there.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: It should be the Raiders coming to Nashville this weekend. That's what it should be. The Raiders beat themselves, bro, we beat ourselves.
Speaker 1: I don't like ugly. I don't like these I don't like ugly. They cuts you did you watch the game offs? Playoff? Will it might have made? It? Might have made it somewhere down arguable? I don't like ugly. Man, can't regret that.
Speaker 3: Arguable that the boys lost their juice when they come playoff?
Speaker 1: Will you.
Speaker 3: Four and one?
Speaker 2: Six and seven? There were six and six coming into the playoff game. I think six and seven. It's arguable. It's debatable.
Speaker 4: What if? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you worried about? With the Bengals this week?
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow and swagged Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting to watch the Hendrickson throughout the week with his concussion protocols, but their defense is solid, Henderson leading their team in sacks he'll actually be going up against the boy.
Speaker 1: That'll be a fun matchup to watch, strong bull rusher.
Speaker 2: So the boy, yeah, he'll get he'll uh yeah, this fucking play right here, dude, God where the ref blue the whistle in the middle of the snap and the Raiders stopped playing and then the guy catches the touchdown pass all of a sudden, he's wide open. But everybody forgets that the whistle is blown. Everybody's like, oh, he would have caught the touchdown pass anyway, but the whistle was.
Speaker 3: Blown mid play.
Speaker 2: And that Burrow was was uh yeah, the dB stopped running and then he catches the ball.
Speaker 1: Oh he was wide open. Yeah, because the whistle was blown. I'll do that.
Speaker 2: That is some bullshit, though, Okay, purther rules and inadvertent whistle, some random mess whistle in the play, the play is dead and they redo the play, right.
Speaker 3: We're bringing up the rule right here there we go.
Speaker 4: Highlight it for me.
Speaker 2: When an official sounds his whistle while the ball is still in play, the ball becomes dead immediately, Jelly. If the ball is in is in player possession, the team in possession may elect to put the ball in play, or it has been declared dead or to replay the down.
Speaker 3: If the ball is loose, hang on, hang on, let me.
Speaker 1: Better at reading ads than you are in NFL rules.
Speaker 3: Are you able to read that? It's god, you know, the just got the red fun.
Speaker 2: If the ball is a loose ball resulting from a fumble, backward pass or an illegal pass forward, we don't need that one.
Speaker 3: It was the first one, all right, we got that.
Speaker 1: We can that's that's what we can use for the cliffs.
Speaker 5: Is if the ball is in play, the ball is dead when the whistle sounds yes, yes, run it back and.
Speaker 3: You got to replay the down. Now you don't know what happens.
Speaker 1: They should bring you back and run it back.
Speaker 4: Right, Get Willy out there spinning about the way.
Speaker 5: How about the way the Dallas how about the way the Dallas game ended?
Speaker 3: You're not the way I will.
Speaker 6: But granted, does Cincinnati have an argument then if they do make that call because technically.
Speaker 1: It wasn't out of bounce, if they what's up?
Speaker 6: Because technically it wasn't out of bounds, which is.
Speaker 3: Why they run, they would have to replay the down.
Speaker 6: Right, But then fans will probably be upset, right because oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd be Yeah, they'd be pissed because you know, their argument that they're doing is wide open, and that would have been a touchdown no matter what. I hate to break it to them, they're wrong, but they replay third and four. You don't know what happens after that. Could they get a first down? Yes they could, obviously. I'm saying the.
Speaker 4: Boys, the Raiders are stopping them. They're kicking a field goal.
Speaker 2: And then at the end of the game, when the Boys are driving, all they have to do is make a field goal.
Speaker 3: They don't have to score a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Tighten up, tighten up.
Speaker 4: But the Raiders would have been coming to Nashville this week.
Speaker 1: What's just what we needed to do. I'm so sick of you wearing the fucking black You're back home, dude.
Speaker 4: We just got to talk about that.
Speaker 1: I know, the playoff Willie shirts. But after that the Bengals game starts. Can we get some blue back on the board.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 3: How more?
Speaker 2: This just to let people know we we got to give a few thousand dollars to Derek Carr shared, so I'm just letting people know we sold how many five hundred, about five hundred were still about five hundred.
Speaker 4: Of these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the you know, what's up, Mike, What were you about to bring up with the forty?
Speaker 4: Oh? I said? Dallas?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how the Dallas?
Speaker 4: How the Dallas came ended such Prescott, what I bet poor.
Speaker 1: Ship situational football by the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think eighty percent of the people didn't realize that what the line, the judge or the ref umpire, whatever position he was in, had to come and had to touch the ball before it could be snapped.
Speaker 4: Correct. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I think that is a rule. Somebody you'll have to fact check me. I direct, but I that was a delusion.
Speaker 9: That the reason why they make him read a rule, the reason why that is the umpire needs to establish a neutral zone.
Speaker 4: Yeah wear it actually? Okay, Yeah, yeah, we're like, okay.
Speaker 2: We got when that happens, here's what you gotta do. He slides, Dak slides right. Dak needs to immediately get up just like you've seen Larry Fitzgerald do on the Cardinals. Because this is this is going to be Taylor and I was talking about Friday tape and Vaible and situational football. The Dallas Cowboy game is going to be the Friday tape based on the situational football that they were playing. Dak needs to slide and immediately get up and run to that to that ref and hand him the football, or if somebody else is going to do it, like Larry Fitzgerald would run and grab the ball from somebody, like if there's an old lineman.
Speaker 3: Grab it.
Speaker 2: Give the ball to the because you never don't set the ball down yourself, number one, like you just move it up a yard. Yeah, Like the ref has to has to adjust the football. Never toss it to them. Never count on a ref to catch a football. They're on athletic you know what I mean. You hand the ref the ball so they can place it. And then they would have had time, they would have had a second left. Not saying they would have won the game, but that was a that was a dramatic ending.
Speaker 5: I was like, it was dramatic and it was anti climactic because everybody I was like, oh, I wanted to see a you know, at least.
Speaker 2: One more believe the Niners weren't protecting the sidelines more, they were just giving them chunk plays. Bro just getting it down there.
Speaker 6: They were talking about like that's you don't want to start a two minute drive. You couldn't start it any better because they they started with the hooking ladder and they gained like right, I think like forty yards and.
Speaker 4: Then they went ring that out to the sideline.
Speaker 6: The sideline, It's like you couldn't have asked for a better start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh they were.
Speaker 3: There was like, oh shit, they might pull this off.
Speaker 1: Watching the Niners when the Cowboys play each other with so nostalgic.
Speaker 4: Of like the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like I was warped in time with this whole playoff bracket for the NFC here is just like it is just insanely just nostalgic of like that era.
Speaker 2: I had to call my dad, my old man up because back when I was growing up, I was a Cowboys fan. I was like, yo, in this wild that the Niners and Cowboys are like playing again. It was bro was nostalgic.
Speaker 1: I got a question, do they only use one football the whole time the whole game or do they change after.
Speaker 4: The kickers got their own ball that they used.
Speaker 1: That was my morning stoner thought. Before I even knew I was coming on the podcast, which, in true Will Compton fashion, he gave me a forty seven minute warning.
Speaker 2: But always in forever, the boys, Always in forever, Bubba, you can be here in an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's stoner thought. Think about it.
Speaker 4: They all look the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one.
Speaker 4: He's just saying, all that would be wild.
Speaker 1: What if it gets scuffed, somebody steps doesn't the flight that was my morning wake. That's kind of a weird thing.
Speaker 8: Super Bowl, what do you need to what's the requirement to get a ring? Like you get a ring for the Raiders.
Speaker 4: The three games. You're saying that, no clue.
Speaker 2: I think if you're on the roster at any point in the year, you're part of it. No, I really don't. People are People are telling me that I was going to get a ring. So that's when I was like, I need these boys to win. I wanted On to win, then I needed On to win. Just make it. Come back at the Super Bowl party they usually have been what in August the follow the next year, it's like going back and be like.
Speaker 10: Year ten live broadcast for a couple get it on the bus, take the bus and not even on the squad. When do I get my turn with the Lombardi. Yeah, when do I give my show to Lombardi?
Speaker 3: I heard we all get a chance with this called the guy you called earlier.
Speaker 4: I he's he's with the Titans. Whatever, call that guy. He don't forget the the Titans win.
Speaker 1: Now you got the Lombardi sitting on here. Yeah listen, Oh yeah, for sure, I gotta be on that podcast. Put in now.
Speaker 2: Just cigars and piggyback and whiskey, pig whiskey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just celebrating. I've never wanted to do one more.
Speaker 4: Huh, whistle pig then I say whistle big whiskeys.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was already dreaming, mans already dreaming. Yeah, just vies, bro, that'd be a good time.
Speaker 3: We have anything else? Do we hit on? Do we hit on all the playoff stuff?
Speaker 8: Pretty much?
Speaker 1: You guys?
Speaker 8: Really you don't think Tom's got a shot here?
Speaker 4: Of course? Thomas, course, Thomas, dude.
Speaker 2: I think when he said Packers are coming out and know I know the Niners are going to Green Bay.
Speaker 3: I do think the Niners.
Speaker 4: Have a shot.
Speaker 2: It's just I'll tell you what if if a Rod Davante is connecting early and often, it's gonna be It's gonna be tough to get out of Green Bay, Dude, it really is, because they do they do. They run the ball well and they play defense. If they're not able to uh stop the stop the Packers, they're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have a long day.
Speaker 2: I don't think it matters who wins out of Arizona in l A. I think the Buccaneers will take care of that and it'll be a it'll be a fun NFC championship between the Buccaneers and out of respect for bost whoever comes out of the Packer forty nine ers game.
Speaker 1: Do you think if the Chiefs end up coming to Nashville at some point, Jackson Mahomes being on the sideline will play factor at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We want Jackson Mahomes to perform at halftime. Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think I think based on the things we've said on the pod.
Speaker 1: That's probably why Patrick unfollowed me on Twitter.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: We'll have to get to the bottom of it. Stuff stuff, But it is what it is, man.
Speaker 2: You can't you know, we'll just talk about it. We'll keep it about the Bills versus Chiefs. I actually I think the Bills are gonna win just based on that ass whop and they put on those boys the other night, the Patriots, I mean the Patriots, Like, yeah, they don't have all the weapons, they don't have this and that, but you know, based on how you've been coached by Vrabel and everything else, that they.
Speaker 3: Have team keys.
Speaker 2: They have what they take away, they try and take away their best thing. They weren't taking away nothing, you know what I mean. Like they just couldn't stop him. And Josh Allen looked like a man out there. That dude's slinging the rock running around. He's tough to beat. Man Bill's look tough. If they if I mean, who even knows what the game is gonna look like against Kansas City just bombs over Bagdad. You're just slinging the rock all around. It's looking like what I say on Twitter, an aerial dogfight. They both put up in the forties in the game, like you're in a shootout. But if one of them beats the shit out of the other, it's like, that's gonna be an interesting game in Nashville because obviously I think the Titans are gonna beat the Bengals. We're all boys in this in this bus. Man, is anybody in this fucking bus for the Bengals. No, I don't know why I looked at you, Alex. I can see you being a cynical motherfucker dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just rooting for chaos.
Speaker 1: I have a guy that works on our management team that his friends with c J for the Bengals, and uh, one of my security guys is a Bengals fan on tour. It's gonna be a interesting week for us. Have you seen him yet? No? No, I won't talk to him this week at all. Yes, who speak to you? And you know what's even more fun? Chee who Big ch Who Who Big? My big song on? But uh, I got you who tickets but not with me tickets?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he's up there. By God, you're gonna be there this weekend? Oh for sure? Yeah for sure. Where we're at that influencer suite, I hope. So we're getting light on the phone. We got to call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta get ahold of the name.
Speaker 1: We secured Mike Man influencer sweet ticket. This is We're not asking for a lot here, just a little TV time. I hit up a J Rob I shot in the eyes and a text message. I say, hey, what's up with them? Sideline passes. Yeah, yeah, we need some of them too. They come with the fam Florential swite. You can get us in there, do they?
Speaker 4: They gave me the field passes last time was fire. I gotta bounce out, are you? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Three fifteen, three seventeen. Bro, Let's see if Nate answers real quick, so Scott, this could change it for all of us. We could all costs five minutes. Crazy dude knows I'm on the pot right now, just acting tough, flexing on me.
Speaker 4: He usually answers that.
Speaker 1: He usually answers.
Speaker 4: Something must be going on. Yeah, he must not have service.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you coming through.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you, Bom.
Speaker 3: What are you about to do?
Speaker 1: Go pick up little man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hang out with him.
Speaker 2: Shout out Hooters, no free shoutouts. Your go to spot for Killer Wings, icekull beer, and you know what else. But football season means all the big games on all the big screens, and it's the only place that has the world famous Hooters girls. JP's in the back round now lifting up his shirt. So he's giving you a little example of what it could be like. They love football just as much as you, and they're better looking than your friends. Hooters has game day specials to keep you hydrated and filled up on all your Hooters.
Speaker 1: Favorites all season long.
Speaker 2: If you can make it to the Hooters for the game, you can still get your Hooters fixed at home and save ten dollars with code.
Speaker 3: Barstool when you order online.
Speaker 2: That's b R s t L when you order online at Hooters dot com slash barstool.
Speaker 4: Go there for details.
Speaker 1: But it's like I told you, energy never dies. A transfers and that was the quote that helped me through my father's passing the most, you know what I'm saying, When it was like it's almost like a pair of down shift, like a passing of the guard to a degree, you know what I'm saying. It's everything that was ever learned now bestows upon us, and it's transferred into us, and that energy is now our energy for us to carry on. And you got a kid on the way, you know what I'm saying. So eventually, as the cycle of life continues, you pass the energy a little by little lawn and then eventually you give all the energy you got and you go and then they passed the energy on and that's how we live.
Speaker 4: Forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're immortalized by the stories we tell. Yeah, the stories that are told.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the shitty part is is like, you know, she had at least a few more decades left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean, like a blood clot is just so don't feel them coming over, don't know they're there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're you're texting an hour ago with her and then you know you're just not anymore.
Speaker 1: That was the part that broke my heart the most. Whenever I seen you post you was like suddenly and unexpectedly. I was like, that's always the one that hurts the hardest man. Yeah, you know, yeah, man, but because like the way my mother has lived her whole life, God forbid, she could die right now and I would be it would be sudden, but I'd be like, man, old Bird was a tough pitch though, you know what I'm saying, You know what I mean? Really, when you know what I mean, where it's like, see, you know, it's just different when it's the other way, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think too.
Speaker 2: What makes me sad, not just like for myself, but just in general is she cried when we told her that she was going to be a grandma. So she out of like all the and this is no slight at my dad or Charles's parents or nothing like that. But my mom was probably the most excited grandparent and so I know she would have been you know, yeah, I know she.
Speaker 3: Would have been.
Speaker 1: I hate doing this voice. I know she would have been, you know, the one that was like, sorry, my bad, brother, I didn't know we were alive. I just was, you know, being I thought we were off camera for a second. I was just talking.
Speaker 8: H h.
Speaker 4: Ship. That was a weird one. No, that's my bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, no one everyone's don't be fucking sorry, but yeah, you just it just sucks. Man. They had just built their their new house, small house on like my grandparents a lot, my dad's parents, they had a lot in uh small town of del shut out Delge. But she just got done building that house and she fucking is somebody who did a lot of that shit too, like built the fucking house, nailed palms inside the drywall. Because she's she's a Catholic school principal. So she just felt like it brought is that her connection with the Catholic church? You posted yes, okay, yeah, because you know people were asking about how they can donate her help and stuff, and it's like, my mom would always want everything to go to the church.
Speaker 1: Confidence you said it with I was like, okay, she must have been a real woman of faith.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, yeah, and I think, uh, you just get sad because I know my dad. He has his good days and bad days. But yeah, everyone says it comes in waves.
Speaker 12: And I'm sorry I brought that titleway. Yeah, you're really good. You're good man, like, I just love you. And when he was off, I was like, well, we're not feeling how you doing man? You know, no, it's I don't want to cry with you today neither, for it's.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: At one part I was able to kind of keep it together a little longer, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then I kind of suck it up. You know.
Speaker 2: It's, uh, you just sad man, Like I'm sad selfishly, and I'm just sad for her, you know, I'm just sad for everybody.
Speaker 1: And then you know your old man like being able to identify that the wheel is so such an important part of the grieving process. You know, some people just can't even just vocalize the simple like it's so important just to be able to say, I'm just sad, and there's gonna be moments where you're just gonna be angry. There's gonna be moments where you're called the stages of grief. I'm sure somebody fucking rattled these off to you already, but you know what I mean, you'll go through them all. You'll go through the anger, the sadness that now, all of that is just a part of it, you know what I mean. And uh, and then there comes not a peace, but there's there comes and like acceptance to it at the end, you know, and it's like it's just but it's just sad man.
Speaker 4: And I love you, brother. I love you too. Bro.
Speaker 2: No, I don't uh, you know, I don't mind talking about it and it being some the whatever. I've gotten so many messages from people's you know, of it helping them. I feel like they kind of like, oh, helps me talk about it a little bit more.
Speaker 1: But it's one of the reasons I talk about my dad so much. My dad could not talk about his dad or mother without crying. And it's because he wouldn't talk about him, so the few times he would actually vocalize it about him, he'd choke up and just be like kind of like Forrest Gump. It's all I gotta say about that. You know, it's like he just wouldn't actually accept the emotion of it. And I want to be able to talk about my dad with a smile one day. Now we're three years in and I still choke up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's turning in the I hate you, fucking hate you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I agree with you, like I hope.
Speaker 2: I know I can, like I know I'm able to do that when this stuff comes in waves like I hadn't had one of those kind of waves.
Speaker 1: And well maybe I'm late to the party. But I don't want to keep referring to it as child. Is it a boy or girl?
Speaker 4: It's a girl having a baby girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought I knew that, but I didn't want to fuck it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't want to put up you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyways, you know, it's like the good news is and dealing with it now. There will be days she'll be able to tell stories about her grandmother to her with a smile, and that's what's important to me. We watched yesterday the Sad Movie. Because of snow days, we've just been doing this movie thing was Big Fish. Have you ever seen it? Anybody's seen big Fish Classical?
Speaker 4: One of those classical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 4: You should watch it. Man, It's just a gem. And it was. He says.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite quotes there was, we are immortalized by the stories that are told about us, you know what I mean. It's like it's kind of that thing where it's like the stories that you'll be able to tell your daughter about her grandmother will be what immortalizes her, you know, and the cool thing about what we do, and this is the blessing to me and you have that our generation has that our parents generation didn't have. We are immortalized through that. My daughter will watch these, she will show my daughter daughter daughter will show these to her kid many moons after me and Bailey are even gone. It's like, hey, this was your great great great grandfather. This She'll be on YouTube forever. Dog. You know what I'm saying. We're fucking like, you know what I mean, Somebody something, because listen, I've got lost in a lot of stupid YouTube wormholes. I give anything for one of them to have been my great grandfather, you know what I'm saying. And kind of see what kind of weird fucking philosophies he had, you know. Yeah, so it's like your mother and podcasts like this and stories like this will be immortalized for your daughter, and that's stuff will carry on forever. Dog, and this is it's important, and it's a blessing. Man and man, as your friend, I'm sad and sorry that I didn't even make it up to Missouri.
Speaker 4: Oh you're all right, man, I said, Yeah, I've truly felt everybody supporting everything I said.
Speaker 1: I made sure to send my love immediately, but I just was like me and a wife.
Speaker 2: Like man, yeah, and you know too, like there's just there's not much other than you know, saying words that because it doesn't fix the problem that that happens.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to bring me a hug. It's the only reason I wanted to come. But I got you one today. So yeah, we'll be even.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll have another good one after this breaking each other down. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I think we're that much closer now.
Speaker 4: Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: Hey, bros, to cry together, stay together.
Speaker 2: Amen, Amen, Bubba, you know what I'm saying, But uh, I forget what I was gonna say next. Man, Yeah, hug your moms boys. Yeah, yeah, you're old man too good. Yeah, it's again you just get sad for there's so many other factors, give her the grandma coffee cup and stuff, and you just you hate it because there was like, you know, they're getting ready for that next chapter and getting ready for it hard, like thinking about stepping down from being a principal. She's got that new house, baby was coming. She would just brag, like almost annoyingly brag about how she built the goddamn house.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Those are like the one liners that Taylor will refer to in the eulogy, Like I would just say all these things, and I'm like weeping through this eulogy, right, and you know, I'll just talk about how big of a heart she had and how you know, it's how she always had everybody's back and she was this and then I was like, you know, she was awful. She was also mean ast shit too. We'd all just sit there and laugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: You just hate you just hate it because I.
Speaker 2: Know we'll have our daughter and I know I'm going to just be talking about my mom and you're trying to tell her what Grandma's like, but she'll actually never comprehend her, really know, or be taking it as serious as I'm taking it telling her probably until she gets older.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Then she'll want to know that's right. She'll sit you down and tell me about grandma again. Right, And that's cool.
Speaker 2: Get to that maturity when you get older and then you realize, like why your parents were their way they word to you growing up and everybody was around you, and then you get intrigued about those old stories about your grandparents and everything I want to know about it.
Speaker 1: I just turned twenty one in December, and I even as old as I am now twenty one, forever baby old enough to drink, and I went and I still to this day, about once every three months that need. I'll have that need to go to my mother's house and I'll just sit down with her and ask her to tell me the story she told me when I was a kid, just because I want to hear them again and remember them fresh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that to me, that's probably like that moment. And I tell you what, she don't watch this podcast, I hope, but I take my phone down. This might be something for you to think about spend when you spend time with your father. Is I take my phone now and I'll put the voice memos on and I'll set my phone down and get her talking. She'll never know it. I've got hours on my phone put in my drop box. Now I've just heard telling these old stories about working the Shoneyes car hop back in the sixties. What I'm saying, you know what I mean, Like these just super cool last stories that are like now, I've got them in my phone forever. So on Bailey's later, when Bailey actually gives a fuck and she's like, tell me about more about what grandma you used to do, I'd be like, oh check, Ust'll let her tell you book. You know what I'm saying, I'll just listen to her just rant on about these old stories. So that's the advice I give to anybody I know it has an elder parent, brother, you think they're you know, could die or you know in that wherever they're at in their life. I will tell you this, we have too much technology not to capture the moment. And that's what I learned from everybody. But my biggest regret with my father died, I spent those four months bedside with him, four months every day, four solid months before he died, knowing he was gonna die inevitably four months. Not one time was I smart enough to pull my phone out and record one of those conversations that will live with me forever, you know. And I'm just just as simple as a notes in the phone voice memo.
Speaker 4: I know, man, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: So moving moving forward. That's my advice everybody. Next time you want your pops and get him rouled up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get him rouled out. Yeah, thet I'm on the podcast that stuff. Dude, I've thought about that. I have have him come in here and talk about your advice from somebody else out there. I'm not gonna say who I thought, because I don't want to get it wrong, but somebody out there had tweeted or something get your parents on a podcast, just because it's kind of like all the storytelling and it's like a biography of them just being on the podcast and talking about stories and everything like that.
Speaker 1: But I do think that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna do a podcast this year and Donald Bill on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring them home. I want to hear about the story about the weight room. Every time I see the picture of you posting there with your dad in that old weight room and you're like it's where it all started, it's like a moment for me, it's like, Okay, it makes sense. Remember I hit you that text? For me, I was like, yo, fucking is this where you was like, yeah, that's the old spot. We talked about it once, Like I'm telling you, dude, I'm gonna start a podcast this year, and my first guest will probably be my mom. I love that Brona ever come in and just ran for two hours and tell these old wild ass stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's awesome. No, I think that's my dad would love that. By the way, you asking about all that stuff, that was actually the weekend. Where did I get is that when I gave him the truck? But I knew I was being conscious about going and working out with him and filming us, telling my mom and dad because I would always tell charl like I need to take more pictures and YadA YadA. I am really happy that we had our wedding and because that was like the greatest That was like the greatest time, but also makes it like you have all these awesome memories, like she had such a great life, right and you have all these awesome memories like the wedding and everything else. I feel like I'll like look at those pictures and you're just since they were so great, it also makes it that much more sad because you have so much invested in emotionally with that person.
Speaker 4: But that's also a good thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm just spewing and talking, but I do think that for people listening to that grieve and just have stuff in the basement, I do think it's important to talk and fucking be vulnerable and and uh you know, break down apparently every now and then and just talk about how they're feeling and everything else, because that stuff does help.
Speaker 3: Even you guys might not feel awkward.
Speaker 2: But when I do that, something like being emotional and crying in front of people has always been something that is awkward for me. So when that's the how it happens, and then I'm pulling back and feeling awkward, like that's the kind of stuff I feel like you need to go through.
Speaker 4: I feel like to.
Speaker 2: Get more in tune with yourself or vulnerabilities and stuff like that.
Speaker 13: I don't know it helps me tears. Being here helps me tears express talking so much. Tears express what words cannot. There's there's not always a word for everything. That dictionary is small when you think about it, man, Yeah, you know it's like that.
Speaker 1: When you really really pipe it down to it, that dictionary thandog. Sometimes there's just a lot more that not more to be expressed than words can actually articulate. And I think that's the the the the feel of letting that out. I'll tell you why I do it. I just want to. I just want to be able to talk about Dad one day as easy as I talk about the Titans playing football. And I know the only way to do that is work through it, right Well, I mean, I just know it's like everything else in life, you just got to work through it. So it's just like being very honest and open about it as much as I can be. Yeah, you know, but I didn't mean to drag us there. But I'm glad we got there. You know, it's all good.
Speaker 2: I never think that it's gonna go there because I've been able to have conversations.
Speaker 4: About it all. There's no crime in baseball, no c so that's what we were raised which.
Speaker 1: Is on the list of class that's a class. I was just thinking that it's on the list. But when she told me that Forrest Gump was a class, I was like, pipe down, kid, this is fucking you're making pipe down kid. You're making it sound like I'm making you watch fucking fucking old movie that had no words. You've had some gyms today, man, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I just worked out and I haven't eaten, so I didn't know what i'd be worth.
Speaker 1: You have. You can tell you have that gift of going and just writing.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Whenever I write stuff now I think I might just give it to Jelly, But hey, look this over.
Speaker 1: Tell you what you think of this.
Speaker 3: How would you word it a little bit differently?
Speaker 1: Did you better stop? I'd give anything to be able to tweet the way you tweet. You're on fire. Listen. My nutrition is, My nutrition is. That's living with me, helping me lose this weight. Thinks you were the funniest dude on earth.
Speaker 14: He is like, yeah, he does shout out Ian Laio and George Lockhart, but yeah, they were like I told him earlier, it's like, you want to be here for breakfast.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'll be late.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go and hang out, play off Willie and we go laugh.
Speaker 1: He just said, Lol, I have so much fun on that app. Dude. Yeah, that app loves you. Man. They got a mixed bag with me.
Speaker 4: They fuck with me sometimes sometimes that's.
Speaker 3: Part of it.
Speaker 2: That's why that whole embracing and finding the humor and ship like to me, I, you know, a lot of that conversation with yourself and everything like that can come off dumb ship, like those social media apps like Instagram and Twitter and all this stuff, because comments can get can get inside your head. But uh again, like all this stuff, when you get through it and you're able to look back and see how petty some of that stuff was, the way you thought about it, and just how people don't think about you as much as you think type of attitude, because when you see a comment, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, everybody sees this, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And so I feel like working through those things and then finding kind of that uniqueness of having fun and embracing it. I have a lot of fun on Twitter, as you guys know. But I know everybody's like, oh Twitter, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I know you have a mixed bag.
Speaker 2: But I'm just like, he's just got to embrace that bullshit man, because it ain't going away.
Speaker 1: You're never gonna beat the internet. You're never gonna beat the internet. You just got to.
Speaker 2: Join that motherfucker. Great call, Great call, Alex. That's a good pool right there. We will now, uh jelly, we're gonna have a huge, genuine hug and we're gonna kick it over too. We're gonna go through an AD and then after the AD we will jump into our Alecan Gold interview where we'll talk about coach Pasacia his open letter to to Raider Nation and pick his brain a little bit and join the podcast.
Speaker 1: Dope, love it, dude. A lot to get kicked off is what happened. Yeah, all right, I got booted. Everybody used and abused. I came here to be as fucking therapist and then kicked off. Fuck.
Speaker 3: Look, no one's perfect.
Speaker 2: Even the best baseball players strike out with the bases loaded, the best golfer sometimes three putt with the tournament on the line, and even the boys sometimes mistackle in the open field. But if you feel like you come up short in the bedroom, sometimes that's perfectly okay.
Speaker 3: But if it's bothering you, we have options for you. Roman.
Speaker 2: Go to get Roman dot com slash busting Now. With Roman, you can get free online evaluation and ongoing care for your ED, all from the comfort and privacy of your own home. A US licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan necessary. If medication is appropriate, it ships to you free with two day free shipping. The whole process is straightforward, in discrete. Getting started is simple. Just go to get Roman dot com slash bussing and complete an online visit. Take care of your ED without leaving your house. Complete an online visit today to connect with the doctor and take care of it. Go to get Roman dot com slash busting now to get fifteen dollars off your first order.
Speaker 1: Look, there's a straightforward a way to handle this.
Speaker 2: Go to get Roman dot com slash Bussing and get started now to say fifteen dollars. All right, Alec Angel, welcome to Busting with the Boys. It's not your first rodeo, dude, this is your second time. I guess technically you're on. This doesn't really count. I needed you because the boys obviously. Unfortunately, we just lost and you also had a open letter to Raider Nation that I want to get into. But first and foremost, how's my guy? How are you doing?
Speaker 4: How's that New Year's Need's going good?
Speaker 8: First day back?
Speaker 11: Like we had exit interviews yesterday, a lot of whistle piggy going around Las Vegas.
Speaker 8: You had that uh that can in that when you got cut?
Speaker 11: Bro, that video like I walked past so many people, like it was played for four hours consistently around the facility, like everyone was watching it. Everyone was laughing their ass off, being like God, like, how how's this happened? How's this happen?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: I heard, Uh, somebody told me it was played. Somebody told me it was played in your guys' meeting.
Speaker 11: We had a team meeting and you it was set up to the point where like we were expecting you to burst through the freaking meeting room through the doors.
Speaker 8: There's gonna be a spotlight on you.
Speaker 11: And you like resurrected, Like we didn't know if you're going to be a coach, whether you're a volunteer assistant, whether you're coaching a player, Like it's like Will was gonna be playoff. Willy was live and well the boys were like this, something's gonna happen, and shoot, it was hilarious. That got everyone hype and then you know, played the whole highlight tape after that.
Speaker 8: But you were the intro to our team meeting.
Speaker 1: That is so funny, man.
Speaker 2: I want to say maybe Adam from Equipment obviously Foster too, shout out the boy Foster, but I want to say Adam from Equipment had texted me like, hey, Will, this is Adam from a EQ. Just wanted you to know like we played we played your we played your Twitter video in our highlight in our highlight tame.
Speaker 4: I just started laughing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, hopefully the boys enjoyed it, because that could have been awkward too, Like everybody's like, what the fuck is one think I will up there? He's like, now everybody started knocking on wood and I know, bro, I was so fucking bummed when.
Speaker 4: I got cut.
Speaker 2: But uh hey, it is that's the that's the cutthroat nature of the NFL.
Speaker 8: Man, it is the business. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Let's I want to talk about your open letter to Raider Nation because you came out a couple.
Speaker 1: You know, how long has it been. I feel like every day's kind of minting together.
Speaker 2: But like ten days ago, right a week and a half ago, I feel like you dropped an open letter to Raider Nation before the Chargers game. It was titled what was it titled? Fourteen the Address the Address.
Speaker 8: Or fourteen seventy five Raders Way, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fourteen seventy five Raiders A Way.
Speaker 2: Talk about why you wanted to write an open letter to a Raider Nation, and not only Rader Nation, but you obviously knew that the boys were going to read that as well.
Speaker 4: What inspired you to want to do that?
Speaker 11: Bro, I've been so bummed with this acl especially like right off the bat, Like the toughest part is mentally, like going through it and not being in that daily grind with your guys. And I've had to take such such a different role on the team, like I was, you know, captain Big on the offense Big and special teams like super involved breaking the guys down right before we go, you know, into the you know, right before pregame, Like I'm in the middle of the huddle doing that with the guys, and all of that gets stripped from you, Like all that gets taken away and you're just on a training table every single day, just like watching, learning, listening and just being forced to like take a different like take a back seat. I like, I'm addicted to being around the guys. I'm addicted to being like in the football locker room, in the grind. I just wanted to let the guys know, let the people know how much I miss it and how much I was learning from freaking Max, from Foster, from Josh, Like you just saw all all of the guys that you came in with growing up so much. And I have a lot more free time. I'm on Twitter and Instagram a whole lot more. You know, when you're on the couch and you just you feel like there's people just hating on everybody in the building, and I just I didn't. I wanted to kind of bridge the gap between the two. So it was a little therapeutic for me. I was on the couch, I'm emotional at night, and just like you know, you had the acl but that made me feel better. It was a message to the guys, It was a message to Rich, it was a message to Raider Nation, just everybody, the whole family. Like we've been through it all, bro, we went through literally everything together. This year, and just to appreciate the amount of freaking guts it took for those guys to keep strapping up and fighting down the stretch. I just want I just wanted to give props and kudos to those guys.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like do you feel like with all the scrutiny the Raiders were under, with especially some of the headlines, by choices that players were making. Obviously coach Cruden gets canned, There's been a lot of stuff that happened with the boys throughout the year.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you wanted to write that as well?
Speaker 2: Because it's kind of like a from an outsider's perspective looking in. You read a letter like yours, and you probably feel I would assume as a Raiders fan that the culture isn't a lot better shape that people perceive out from the outside looking in all around the country versus just Vegas.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think you know, you see the headline and everyone was coming after us, Everyone's coming at the neck, and any mistake that anyone had made after you know, the Grooden and the Rugs incident, like everyone's social media was run through. Everyone was like under intense, like an intense microscope. So to be able to kind of like let people know, guys are working their tails off, guys are working hard here, and that's.
Speaker 8: That was the real like the culture.
Speaker 11: Nobody panic, nobody blinked in the facility, like we all kind of got closer through all this adversity. You can definitely kind of see a change of like, yeah, the boys went through it, we came out stronger. This is how we did it, not panicking freaking out about every single you know, headline that was ever written about us.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I know, for me, like anytime I've gotten on the on the mic to talk about it, I wanted to express kind of the kind of something similar because you do, Like even for me before I join you, guys, you see everything that was happening. You're just like, man, like you know what's going on, Like why are they making why is this decision choice being made? Driving and this and that the other, And you get in and you just see how the player leadership and how all the guys, all the boys just lean on each other, and the leadership from the top down too, not only in the locker room but outside of it with coach Pasaci and everything else, and you just you know, you sit there and.
Speaker 1: Hate it because you're like, Yo, these dudes, we got.
Speaker 2: Some good fuckers in the locker room, Like, there are some good guys in there that take this shit serious that you know people on the outside don't get to see that stuff. So I'm with you, man, I agree, But I also just shifted a little bit because I think, you know, you had messaged me a little bit about that letter, about putting it out and stuff like that, and I feel like the things that you are kind of about and do I respect a hell of a lot because you're a.
Speaker 3: Younger guy, you know.
Speaker 2: I was even telling you, like, there's some I wish I would have spoke up more as a younger guy and everything else. And I think you do a great job of doing that, even though I know you're being vulnerable and you probably have a little bit of fear behind you about what the perception could be or even the acceptance of your peers, because you're putting there yourself out there to let guys know how you feel about them. Why do you feel like it's important for you to express to the guys how you feel about them, because in a game that is macho and masculine and all this other shit to where you're kind of you're flexing your stun. You're trying to like, you know, sizing guys up every day. Why do you feel like it's important for you as a leader to let guys know how you feel.
Speaker 11: I think you know it's a balance, right, Like you gotta you want to be a role model for people outside the building, but the people that are inside the building, they you know, we're talking about this too, Like people know if you're about it if you're not. And you kind of you dictate your character by your actions, right, and like if you just show up the same way every single day, you're an accountable dude, and you're in the locker room.
Speaker 8: You it starts by all the work. It starts by all the actions.
Speaker 11: It starts by you know, making plays on the field, and it's being that consistent, finding that routine. And then you're a you're you're able to you know, get the opportunities to speak your mind, to be creative, to be open with other people. But it starts with conversations in the locker room. It starts with guys understanding what you're really about. And then it kind of affords you the opportunity to write a letter or go on a video or go on a pod, and you know, people will, you know, not take your words out of context or try and like twist it because they know what you're about, and you know, it's it's just about being consistent. But yeah, that vulnerability, bro, it was it was scary for me to release something like that because it was so real. And you know, last time I was on the pod, bro, I was so scared because I'm I'm a rookie. I'm coming in like super excited to be a willing and Taylor and all the guys, and it's like I haven't done anything yet and I still have it, you know what I'm saying. But at least I'm confident in a routine that I've built, that the guys that care about me are in the facility with me, like they know what I'm about, so we can have an open dialogue. We can be just you know, on the bus and just talking. So I think it's it's different that way.
Speaker 2: And just to be clear, this doesn't count, like you you and you got to bring the boy Foster. Both of you guys got to be on the bus and we've got to be chopping it up, man, But I uh, I wanted to get on because I wanted to talk about that open letter because I really do.
Speaker 1: I think super highly of you.
Speaker 2: I respect the hell out of you, and you're also somebody who makes it a point, is very intentional about being around the guys and being around the entire day while being injured. You do all your rehab and everything else. And usually what happens for everybody listening, You'll go in and you'll do your rehab and everything else, and.
Speaker 4: Guys are usually out. Your day's over with by probably eleven am in the morning.
Speaker 2: And from there, you know, you usually just leave. You're somebody who sticks around. You sit in meetings, you stand at walkthroughs, you'll be around at practice, you'll be around in the weight room. You're around all the time. And I just I don't know, man, I think I really fuck with that. I think very highly of you, and like I said, I respect you for that because not a lot of guys do that. I do think you're you take it very seriously and you are somebody who's very much about it. So continuing to blow smoke and lift you up for everybody listening, alec Ingle really is about that life. He's a greatdude, any somebody that everyone should look to and follow because he is a leader in this league, not only just on the team. But I want to talk about coach Pisacia because you know, for me, I've been on I was telling everybody earlier, I've been on the team collectively for probably eleven weeks total, not even that long, And I feel like I try and do my best to talk about coach Pisacia, but it could come off that, you know, year ten, you want something else, you want to play for him, you want to play in the year and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But can you describe what coach Pisaci is like?
Speaker 2: Why everyone, and when I say everyone, why all his players hold him in such high regard and is the leader that he is around the locker room? Because I find it difficult to explain at times. Maybe you, as somebody who's been around him for three years now, you can do a better job explaining to people the type of man and coach that Coach Pistacia is.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So I've talked with a few guys about coaches in general, and coaches coaching two different ways. They coach the person and they coach the player. So you need, like you need to coach the player. You need to be technical with them. You need to be ruthless. You need to be you know, coaching technique. You need to know what you're talking about. But then you also need to know how to coach a player or the person. Sorry, you have to you have to be able to know how emotionally you can be consistent, finding guys' routines, understanding everyone's different. And coach Maasacha is one of those guys. He's one of the very few that can do both. You know, some guys are just very technical, they know the entire playbook. Some guys are very emotional. They're going to give you your plus minus sheet and help you get up for those big games. Coach Masatcha is like ruthlessly both at the same time. He can talk to you as you know, playoff Willie as will Compton coming in radio show having to learn yeah, having to learn the entire you know, playbook in one day two days, right, and like just onboard you and get you ready to play.
Speaker 8: He has to like connect to you on a personal level.
Speaker 11: But then when number fifty seven like messes up gets a you know, he's got a double minus you, and he's got to be ruthless and in correcting that. And he knows what he's talking about. He's about that life. He's consistent with his routine. He shows up, you know, probably four am every single day. And to be able to have a guy that cares about you and is both coaching you as a person and as a player, I think that that's the biggest thing and why guys respect him around the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 2: He you said it, ruthlessly does both things because he bro when I was there the first year, I didn't even know he really liked me like that until I wrote that letter the next year is on the barstool blog about to the gritty players, the undrafted guys about training camp and this and that, and he shot me a note about, you know, complimenting it and everything else, and that was the first time I knew.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh damn, like coach Pisascia.
Speaker 2: I guess liked me because he was all you know, he gave me a lot of shit whenever I did had that it was the Titans versus Raiders, and I did that big jersey exchange with all the boys, all the boys in Tennessee. But he's somebody who you're right, man, He's able to coach the player in the person because the relationships he has with guys. It's like when I told the story of me getting cut, I go downstairs and I'm like, hey, Rich, I'm like, you can't cut me upstairs and face me like a man, and all the all the boys are sitting down there at breakfast and everybody starts laughing, and we come over and start hugging, Like he's somebody who can sit and have breakfast with you, lunch, have all the deep conversations, have his little newsboy hat on, looking like an old Italian and sit there and talk to you. You know what I'm saying, though, The dude like gets to your level personally. And then when you're in the film room, You're right, he's ruthless there too, because he's he can be a motherfucker now coaching you hard and everything else. But I think that's the respect he commands. Do you feel like he has a it's an achilles heel to not be one side or the other when it comes to office and defense, because again, coach Masati's coaching for I assume a head coaching role next year. I know all the boys are wanting to play their ass off for coach. It's not you me being one of them. You want to win because you want coach Pasaca to get promoted. That's how good of a coach. He is impact guys so well that they want you to get promoted.
Speaker 4: And so do you.
Speaker 2: Feel like that's an achilles heel, that he's just a special teams guy.
Speaker 8: No, it's just the reality of the situation. You know, that's just his job.
Speaker 11: I mean, he's a running back coach back in the day in college, and you know, all the way through the NFL, and obviously a special teams coordinator assistant head coach. But yeah, he's he's consistently around the guys, and it's just a reality of the situation because you know, you could say it's an achilles heel, but then on the other side, you could say he has personal relationships with guys on offense and defense, you know what I'm saying, and special teams. Special teams coordinators have to manage the entire game. You know, those are often the guys in the ear of the coach saying, hey, we have to two minutes, you know, drill coming up, we have two timeouts.
Speaker 8: You know, they've scored you know, twenty points.
Speaker 11: What, Like the situational awareness of a guy like that is at a different level, so you could say, you know, it's good, better and different, just the reality of the situation that he's in and we're in, and yeah, we were all on one year like prove it deals you know everyone in that building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone, everyone.
Speaker 11: Was And you could have either the coolest part about playing with the guys this year was you could have either went for the stats, went for I'm worried about my what my film looks like and what every other coach across the league is looking at. Or you could have played for the guy next to you and knowing that he's got your back. And it's like we did the second you know what I'm saying, Like, oh, yeah, it was one. We were all just playing for one another and it was a choice, like we decided to do that because you could have easily decided to just play for yourself the rest of the season.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it is unreal.
Speaker 2: That's what I think a lot of people don't understand either, is after you guys lose coach Grudin, you guys come out and win the next week after all the shit that had happened that week, and you end up winning for Coach Pisaci. And I kind of knew, like we had been on the bus talking about it too, like what do you think everything like in a locker room? And I'm like, I don't think dudes are gonna blink. A Coach Pasaci is like one of the best leaders I've ever been around. And you know, you guys, like you said, you could have hung it up. Guys could have played for themselves. That's usually what you see happen, especially when the week that I had gotten there and we get who by the Chiefs in the fashion that we do and we have a four percent chance of making the playoffs. After that, the boys going to a four game win s drink and get in the playoffs. But I do I think that is just a perfect example of in that situation, most of the time, guys usually pack it in and start planning on their new year's plans or postseason plans and going to Mexico and everything else. Everybody truly wanted to win for each other and Coach Pisacia. And to go off your answer with the special teams coach. That's something I feel like I have to ask, like a challenging little question.
Speaker 1: Because I obviously agree with you.
Speaker 2: But he's somebody that also sits with the bottom half of the roster. He's somebody that understands how to talk to each guy in every seat. Because everyone knows how to coach a superstars, everybody knows sid to like be around those guys and know who the starters are and everything else. But as a coach who sits with the special teams in the bottom half of the roster, backups and stuff like that, you know how to talk to and coach the person, coach the player. All that stuff that I feel like really plays in his favor because again, he knows the roster up and down. He knows how important the bottom half is just as much as the top half. And again he has such good relationships with everybody, And I just I just think that speaks idly highly of him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he you know, one of the first things he said when he took over is like he's he was coaching for us, you know what I'm saying, Like, don't get a twist.
Speaker 8: He wasn't coaching for himself. He was coaching for the players, and you know.
Speaker 11: Just being genuine in the work that he put in up to that point to be able to say stuff like that and know that he means it and know it's coming from a true place. You know, it means a lot. You know, the words, the words can all be the same. You know, interviews are probably gonna like all all the guys that are going to be on all these different podcasts stuff, it's going to be similar. But the way it's said, and like the emotion behind it, like you really have to pay attention to that stuff. Like the dude, the dudes for real, the guys were free, All the boys were freel this year.
Speaker 8: It was a blessing to be on that team. I've it freaking killed me.
Speaker 11: I couldn't be out on that field, bro, But I mean it was it was a blessing to be able to be around the guys in the meeting rooms, in the weight room, Like that's what helped me with my recovery personally, was being around this team, you know, mentally, just keeping you in it.
Speaker 8: So oh man, it.
Speaker 2: Was you're out there making fullbacks great again. Did I hope you're back out there jumping over everybody again next year.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, that's that's no question. Well we'll get back, We'll get back in no time.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're saying that the message will be uniformed across all the players that go in pods or radio shows or anything else, because I'm sitting here. Once we get done talking with each other, I'm like, man, we're really out here. Just hey, we're just promo and coach besides you right now. But I do I feel that strongly about the dude. Do you hope he's back next year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean I think the whole interview process is gonna be crazy. And you know, I just I was up in his office today just talking with him, and it's just like you. The toughest part about those exit interviews, like you're saying, like we could have been looking at at your whole off season planned months ago, but everyone was just so locked in on making a run.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 11: Everyone was like this, It wasn't comprehendible that we were gonna have these exit interviews, exit meetings. It just hits you like a freaking train, bro, And it's like you believe that you had something so special, so unique that it's like you just don't know.
Speaker 8: What's going to happen, and it's it's it's.
Speaker 11: Scary, But then at the same point, it's like, that's the NFL, that's the business.
Speaker 8: You gotta be real comfortable being uncomfortable.
Speaker 11: Bro, you gotta be real comfortable just being put in tough situations and being a tough motherfucker and making out the other side even better.
Speaker 4: No doubt. Bro.
Speaker 2: Do you now I know you're on a little you're on a little contract deal as well.
Speaker 1: Do you hope to be a Raider in the future.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for sure. I think we'll, uh we'll figure something out. Obviously, it's the restricted free agency deal.
Speaker 4: So it's uh oh you're restricted.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm restricted this year, so it's uh oh, you ain't going nowhere undrafted.
Speaker 8: It's the undrafted grind.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: You I'm telling you you ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 2: Though. Well, I won't dive too much into that stuff or your acl stuff. I'll wait till you get on the bus and in person, because it's much better that way. But bring the boy Foster. We'll have some piggybacks, dudent, we'll have a great time.
Speaker 8: That sounds like a plan, all right, brother, Hey, I love you Love you too, buddy.
Speaker 1: We'll see it all right, man, see you