Speaker 1: Alicia is on the phone today for our first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jason. So in a little bit we're gonna call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Alicia, how long has it been since you heard from Jason?
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, it's been like like two weeks.
Speaker 3: Have you tried to reach out to him.
Speaker 2: I've tried like once or twice. Like I don't want to seem crazy or anything, but yeah, I've tried a little and just nothing in response.
Speaker 3: Well, why don't you tell us about the date and how you guys met?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we met on hiinge, you know, as most people do these days. I like, Ye, we plotted which hated for a good minute. Like it was back and forth for like a couple of weeks. Actually, he suggested we do like a traditional date to dinner, which we paid for. It was very nice. We didn't get drinks afterwards, we just sort of went our separate ways, So I don't know, I felt like it was really positive. We did kiss just a little bit, very small, very nice, and he texted to make sure I got home, which felt like a positive sign. And yeah, that was the last thing I heard from him.
Speaker 3: So what was going on during like the dinner, Like, what were you guys talking about? Did you feel like you guys were flirtatious? Because I mean, to be honest, it sounds a little bit dry from you know, just that was that. I mean maybe I mean for both of you, even not just him, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought in the conversation like I don't want to be again, I don't want to sound crazy, but I thought this guy was really perfect. He really checked all of my boxes and he was so he was so flirty over like the hinge messages and everything, and while we were texting, he was super flirty and I was really excited. So maybe that's why I'm sort of downplaying it now because a little I was just so sweet and I felt like the conversation was good. I mean, obviously now I'm replaying it and I have like a million like, oh my god, what did I do wrong? But yeah, I'm just kind of shocked that he has Then I wonder if she felt the same way.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's see if we can figure it out for you so you can get out of your head, Alicia, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I went out with this guy, Jason. We met on Hinge. We talked for a little bit before. I haven't heard from him in two weeks, and I am totally spiraling about it. We did kiss on the date, but it was brief, and I wonder if my breath was stinky or if I wasn't on the date. That's your recap.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Lease?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Hi, mansweek to Jason. Please ye, hey Jason, how are you? My name is Jewblel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The jewbel Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Jason, I'm Nina also on the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I know you guys doing. Why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: Sweet? We're calling you because somebody emailed us about you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if you know the segment we do, the first day follow up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting. Okay, So, is there anybody that you can think of that you're ghosting Alisha. Yes, got it correct, That is it. That's who emailed us. She doesn't know why you're ghosting her, She says, she tried to reach out to you a few times.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I mean I don't know, you know, like sometimes people are like really really good and like communicating in one style and then not so good then another one. You know, like all right, she's kind.
Speaker 1: Of a chat queen, you know what I mean, a chat queen.
Speaker 2: She's great, like great.
Speaker 4: At chatting on that app, right, and like the conversation was super flirty and like, you know, like we're both like you know, never like leaving each other on Red. Like there was a lot of just quick quick back and forth and it was going really good. And I don't know, like I mean, I feel like the maybe that set things up a little like the bar a little bit too high because then like when we got in person, it wasn't as fun. Yeah, but I mean and that was okay, but like the real deal breaker was like she said she wanted a baby, and I am like so not ready for that. Well first date, yeah no, So we're sitting across from each other in the boots in the restaurant and she points over my shoulder and she goes, I want one of those so bad. And I turn over my shoulder and there is this like mom with like a toddler, like you know, she's like, you know, okay when it's states, and I'm just like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I feel like that's a little bit much on a first date. I think it's actually like I want one of those so bad.
Speaker 2: Put one in me right now.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm not saying put one in me right now, but I think it is important to have that conversation early on a date because that way you save each other time. If you're a hard no and she's a hard yes, Like why even bother having a second date? This this ghosting makes sense then? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean so like I was totally going to take her back to my place, but like after like that happened, like I don't want to risk be humming a father right now, So like that was okay.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Hi Jathon, Hi, can I but I need to clarify something.
Speaker 1: Alicia is on the phone listening and wants to talk to you. If you haven't figured that out.
Speaker 2: Yet, yeah, of course you okay, Okay, Hi, Hello, I hope you're doing well. Oh my gosh, I what are you talking about. I definitely do not want a baby. I did not mention that I wanted a baby on the.
Speaker 4: State are you I'm like crazy you you pointed over my shoulders, said I want one of those so bad, and there was like a mom with her toddler sitting right behind us.
Speaker 2: No, I was pointing at the drink on somebody's table. I don't want a baby.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be weird if you did. But okay, are you serious?
Speaker 4: It wasn't. It wasn't the mom and the cooing baby behind us.
Speaker 2: No, it was the drink that was at the chief of some europe I'm so embarrassed that you thought I was talking about that on a first date.
Speaker 4: I mean I turned around and all I saw was mom and baby and like my like my stomach drop And then you're kidding me, right, it was a cocktail.
Speaker 3: Be sure you don't want a baby, because you know you see what you want to see and say what you want to say.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I definitely maybe was a little quiet on the first date. Sometimes I get nervous on first dates. But I definitely would not have pointed at a child and said I want a baby.
Speaker 4: I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Well, good man, now that we got that figured out, Jason, would you like another date with Alicia? Will pay for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean like everything was pretty solid till that moment, and now that I know that, I.
Speaker 5: Completely dissed that one. Yeah, yeah, that sounds great. God, I'm I'm so sorry I didn't ask from what you were talking about. Yeah, I would do if you're down, I would love to take you out again.
Speaker 2: That that is completely okay, and I would love to go out with you again. Thanks for thanks for the second chance. And to be fair, I think you also mentioned something about taking me home that night because I was listening to everything you said. So maybe you can make that happen
Speaker 4: Now that I know where you stand on babies.