Speaker 1: Second date up date.
Speaker 2: We get a lot of email submissions for second dates on this show. Something just jumped out about one from a woman named Bonnie and had nothing to do with her actual date.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: Huh, make sure you're sitting down for this, because Bonnie says she has been on the dating apps now for almost two decades.
Speaker 4: Decades rap.
Speaker 1: Longer than longer than Alexis has been alive.
Speaker 4: Basically literally the websites have been around that long. I mean like match and stuff. Okay, yeah, like online dating has been a fan for that long.
Speaker 2: Thank you for confirming what she said.
Speaker 4: She's lying.
Speaker 2: I don't know why anybody would admit to that in an email. It's kind of a quadruple red flag.
Speaker 5: Well, she's had a lot of relationships from these things over the twenty years.
Speaker 2: Sure, hopefully she didn't say that on the date to the guy, though, I need to ask her, Bonnie, are you there?
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm here.
Speaker 2: So let me just start the guy that you went out with. We'll get his name in a second. But did you tell him that you've been actively on the dating app since the turn of the millennia?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: I thought it's an interesting fun fact about me. Like I've actually kept count the entire time.
Speaker 1: Okay, kept count?
Speaker 5: Wait, like kept count of how many dates you've been on from these?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Whoa?
Speaker 4: How many? How I'm dying to know how many dates can you do in twenty years?
Speaker 6: He was my one seven date?
Speaker 1: Oh one thousand seven dates?
Speaker 4: That is your system?
Speaker 5: Like you count a different person gets one count or can the same person get like three counts?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: You know, I guess I only count like dates, you know, because I mean some of these guys I actually dated for quite a long time, So that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so every day counts as a Wow, you aren't you exhausted at this point?
Speaker 1: After one and twenty seven dates?
Speaker 6: You know, it's not all that bad. Like I've ended up with four long term boyfriends. Okay, I've gotten engaged to two of them.
Speaker 5: Okay, how have you not written a book on how to do well? Say?
Speaker 4: I can't tell she'd be like the spokesperson or make you wanted to delete them? You know which it is? She got engaged twice, I mean like she got two rings on her finger.
Speaker 1: She's not happily married. How to not do it?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I think it's a success. I mean, it depends on what you're hoping for, I guess.
Speaker 5: But like she's doing it right enough where there's real relationships coming from this.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like it's just never quite worked out all the way, you know, Honestly, I.
Speaker 5: Just want to spend the rest of the time talking about your horror stories.
Speaker 4: You have so many.
Speaker 1: We could have her on Battle of Tender Dates battling herself. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean, okay, so you've been through a lot of ups and downs in your life. How cool would it be if after going through all of that, you finally found real love on our show. That's what I'm hoping for for you today.
Speaker 1: It could be the case with this new guy that you went out with.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what was his name? Did you tell me?
Speaker 1: We haven't learned it yet. What's his name?
Speaker 6: His name's Grant?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, tell us about Grant?
Speaker 6: Okay. Well, he asked me on to a restaurant and I did not want to tell him. I've been there like twelve times before with guys on other day. I did not tell him that.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you tell him that? Why would that be a bad thing.
Speaker 4: That's her boundary. You're wondering why she told him about the thousand dates.
Speaker 2: That maybe if you told him he would have felt like pressured to make it an even better date.
Speaker 6: No, I feel like it to just be weird, like second guessing what he wanted to do, you know, like he mentioned the place, I'm not going to be like, oh no, I can't go there.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's what you want. You want him second guessing yourself. You want to have the upper hand in the day of the whole company.
Speaker 1: He's like, what about here?
Speaker 4: What about There's not like that?
Speaker 5: I mean, after twenty years of doing these this online dating, she's still positive, She's still kind Like that says something about who she is.
Speaker 2: We haven't even called the guy yet, Brooks so well true, He's like judgment, So tell us, sorry if we're just joking with you, but tell us. I mean, how did the actual date with Grant go?
Speaker 1: Run us through it?
Speaker 6: Well, he showed up with a bouquet of flowers, and I thought that was a really sweet gesture, Like not everybody does that, Hardly anybody does that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he obviously wanted to impress you. He was impressed by you. What was your initial thought of him?
Speaker 6: Well, honestly, it was kind of like you guys, Like, once I told him I'd been on the apps for that long, he also had a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, naturally, So.
Speaker 6: We talked about that, We talked about our job histories, and I thought it was good, Like, I don't know. The thing I've learned from all of these dates is that I've learned like most good first dates won't blow you away, Like it's just finding sort of common ground and the baseline of like friendship. And I feel like the ones that do blow you away, but they often end up having like red flags that show up later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Alexis, how do you feel about that you're supposed to establish friendship on the first date?
Speaker 4: She didn't.
Speaker 6: You can sleep with them, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm glad figure out where the lines are. So overall, how do you feel about the day? Like, how do you rate it?
Speaker 6: I mean overall? I think we had a nice time. It was like probably an eighth and teaches me on the cheek.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what has happened since this date with Grant?
Speaker 6: We texted a little, but I think he's husbant to ask me out why. I don't know. I don't know exactly, and I'm a little worried that if you get him on the line, he's going to say something that I should have changed about myself, like twenty years ago or something.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean if he said that too late, right, Yeah, you worry about it like you've.
Speaker 2: Had a piece of spinach stuck in your teeth for the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: Nobody said anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even the two guys you were engaged to never brought.
Speaker 1: It up the entire.
Speaker 6: Dump them.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean, we can change food in the teeth, but hopefully it's as simple as that.
Speaker 1: But we need to call this guy first when we do your second date update right after this hold on.
Speaker 2: Okay, second date update Today, we're on the phone with Bonnie, who's been doing online dating since the websites ran on dial up?
Speaker 3: You've got mail?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Is that an all?
Speaker 4: I could be true?
Speaker 1: That's the sound of love again.
Speaker 4: I can't get up.
Speaker 2: Bonnie told us that in her email, and she even said it to her date when they met up in person at a restaurant, that she's been at this for two decades.
Speaker 5: But it didn't seem to affect him like, sounds like they just continued on with conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy seems to be really nice guy named Grant, who, even though he sat through the entire date with her, has been hesitant about going out with her again.
Speaker 1: It seems like we're going to try and nudge him back in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Kind of worried about you, Bonnie, because it's the I am because at the end, she's like, what if it was something I did that I need to change from twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a normal reaction, Brook, isn't it It is for somebody who's been dating for two decades.
Speaker 4: Is that usually how you feel after a date's gone wrong? Bonnie?
Speaker 6: I mean the date didn't go wrong, Like, it was a really good first date. So I I guess that's why I'm thinking her.
Speaker 4: That's why you're thinking that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sometime to spin her magical first date into some disaster horror.
Speaker 4: Story such a sad statement.
Speaker 2: To me, I thought it was a really beautiful sentiment personally, Bonnie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on your side. Unlike some in this room, Bonnie.
Speaker 4: How does Bonnie not have her own app? Like, hey we met on Bonnie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bondie Bonnie. You know, if this call doesn't work out, we'll hook you up with some people to set that app up.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's work.
Speaker 1: On Grant first. Here, I'm gonna dial this number right now. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're looking for somebody named Grant.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that's you.
Speaker 6: That's me.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, we win, good work the number correctly, I did it. Hey, man, you're on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: What's up, BROI I con sense you're starting to hang up already. Please come on.
Speaker 2: We're doing a segment call the Second Date Update here and we really could use your help.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what is that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is fun, It's actually pretty fun.
Speaker 1: It's all about you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's about one of our listeners and you. A girl that you went on a date with recently, named Bonnie.
Speaker 4: A woman.
Speaker 2: Trying to we're trying to hook you up with underage women. She's definitely I don't think anybody thinks that this is a of the age women named Bonnie.
Speaker 1: You went to dinner with her the other night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she even told us that you showed up with a bouquet of flowers. Which was really sweet, A.
Speaker 2: Lot of good stuff. We're just trying to figure out. How did you feel about Bonnie?
Speaker 3: I I like Bonnie. She had a nice smile, she was.
Speaker 4: Really easy going, nice compliments.
Speaker 3: I thought she was a nice lady.
Speaker 4: We had by maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, did you feel any chemistry with her?
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: There's definitely a little hesitation every time time before you answer us.
Speaker 4: That's so confusing, and you said all these positives.
Speaker 1: Now, I will tell you this.
Speaker 2: She did mention that she brought something up to you during the date that she was worried may have been a red flag to you.
Speaker 1: She wasn't sure that she's.
Speaker 2: Been going out on these dates via the apps for almost two decades.
Speaker 4: With breaks, with breaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that was shocking, definitely. I mean I've been on them for a year and I'm ready to jump off a cliff.
Speaker 1: You're only a year in, a newbie.
Speaker 4: Did you get some good advice from her?
Speaker 2: I would assume you don't want advice to like be like, hey, so I'm going to go back on the apps now and meet some other people.
Speaker 1: If anything, you should feel.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of respect for her for like being able to push through all of the ups and downs of online.
Speaker 4: Dating really positive.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I thought it was a little weird, but I didn't make a big thing of it. I still was enjoying her company.
Speaker 6: I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: Okay, because we were assuming that the reason you might not be calling her back is because that could be a turnoff for some men. Yeah, so you weren't scared off by that information.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it wasn't the dating history. It was her job history.
Speaker 4: Her job history.
Speaker 2: Oh jobs, Wait, you have like fifteen hundred jobs.
Speaker 4: That's interesting. We didn't even ask her what she does for work. Does she do something weird?
Speaker 3: No, it's not that. We were just talking about what she's done. What's letter to hear in all the jobs she's had. And it turns out that when she was younger, she interviewed for like a stream job that she wanted and she still seemed to kind of feel bad about it. And I was going through the dates in my head and I realized, I'm pretty sure I was the hiring manager at the time rejected her and didn't take her for the job.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, she applied for a job at the company you worked for, and you turned her down.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't know it was her obviously, but yeah, like at the time, and I mean, it's it's so vague. I clearly I don't have a good memory of the interviewer. Why I keep it stirs her doubt, But God definitely rejected her from this job.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her that during the date that you were the guy?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Once I realized, I figured, like, oh, she's gonna hate me if she figures this out.
Speaker 4: Were you able to remember anything about her? Why interview her? Why? I want to know why you didn't hire her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I figured. I figured she would want to know that too, and I just don't have any answers for her. So I figured it's roughly just safest to end this now because I guess I ruined her, Like dream jobs.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're not calling her because you're afraid that in the future that information would come out and make things weird between you two. But I have good news because that information is not coming out in the future. It already came out to her. Because she's on the line right now listening to this.
Speaker 4: That is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's been secretly listening on the other line Bonnie there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 5: You can't do that work settings, but you can't do it in this setting.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 6: Hi, Well, I guess I just I want to know, like why, Like I guess I heard you say you don't remember why you rejected me for that job, like it was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, we're I interviewed so many people. This was seventeen years ago. I mean, I obviously I'm sorry. If I knew it was going to be you, I would have given you the job. But I don't feel like I have anything good to tell you.
Speaker 1: My job was like Blockbuster.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was her dream job. Do you remember who you did hire?
Speaker 3: I hired a bunch of people. I really have no idea.
Speaker 6: So you hired a bunch of people and I wasn't one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point.
Speaker 3: See, this is what I was trying to avoid.
Speaker 1: Well, think about it, this one.
Speaker 5: You're so special, remember you're maybe he was you know, he was to attracted to you and believe that it was going to cause an issue in the workplace.
Speaker 1: Grant that's a good chance trying and say that to her right now? Uh, you were too beautiful.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, it's clearly I made a mistake. I really, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I can't I mean, I can't go back downs ago. I am sorry you didn't get hired. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't think that she's upset about that? Still are you? Are you still upset about it, Bonnie?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's something I brought up in our date, so like it was one of those jobs that I just it was my only chance at it and whatever. But like, at the same time, I would not be the person to let that get in the way of this either.
Speaker 5: She swear she won't hold it over your head when you're in a relationship five years from now.
Speaker 4: I'm getting I'm giddy, Grant.
Speaker 2: How does it feel to reject someone not only professionally but personally in years and years later?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Does that feel good?
Speaker 3: Honestly? No, there you go.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to guilt you into the answer for my next question, which is, would you like to go out with Bonnie one more time?
Speaker 1: And we would pay for it?
Speaker 4: They say third times of charm, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or in Bonnie's case, the one eighth times. I well say that, but I personally think that I feel the vibes going on here. We'd like to send you guys out on another date. My friend one hundred percent on us, if you'll see Bonnie one more time. And Bonnie, I'm just I'm assuming that is still a yes from you, right yeah, yeah, that way you can quill them and find out why I didn't hire you in person. But let's just get you on a date together.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm over at what dub Okay, I just want to see if this is going to work out.
Speaker 5: I won't.
Speaker 6: I don't want to live in the past.
Speaker 2: All right, that's right, driver dream guy. She forgives you, give her one more chance on.
Speaker 3: Us, all right, Look, I mean if she's okay with it, then yeah, let's go out again.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, thank you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 4: That's really cute in like a sad I lost my dream job.
Speaker 1: Way looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I sure hope he didn't feel pressured into saying yes to another date. Jeff feel guilt shamed for crushing her dreams. We would never want to make him feel anything like that on your show, people, Yeah, we don't do that over here.
Speaker 4: Oh I think that they could end up cute you know. Yeah, she wasn't still angry about it.
Speaker 1: She was the one upset about it. Yes, it wasn't at all.
Speaker 2: I'm just hoping that we get an update update out of this where date number one zero two seven stops for Rever, not that she killed him, just like that's the last yet.
Speaker 1: She would working into the vowels and they get married. You were seven then I knew, Yeah, I know, I did. She's radio sec.
Speaker 5: She's the only one that could play that song at last and it really means it like whatever I see couples dancing to at last and I'm like, you're twenty two.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: She's been thank you next, Sorry on a ground for too long.
Speaker 2: But if you ever need help with the second date, we will try and do that for you. You can email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, even if we have.
Speaker 1: To manipulate that. Yeah, well, no, we don't like to do you. No, it's not our style.
Speaker 5: Weird.
Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning,