Speaker 1: This is our recap of season two. I'm so glad we're doing this. We didn't do this for season one, and I'm regretful, so I'm happy we're doing it for season two.
Speaker 2: I am very happy we're doing it for season two because I, you know, sadly, all of these episodes start to run together, like I know, we review them, and I know that our fans know them like inside and out, and we you know, watch them once or twice to do the show, and then.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait, what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it is definitely good to go back and remember, because I remember the great things or the really terrible things, but sometimes the ones that are just sort of there, I forget.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of like how we growing up on the set of Full House, Like you're really into it for the week you're in it, and then.
Speaker 2: You write and then I got it.
Speaker 1: As soon as you leave set. Yeah done. You will never remember this again until you do your rewatch podcast years later.
Speaker 2: Completely put that in the trash of my brain.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so no, this is this feels very fine, like we're I feel like we're gonna I'm gonna feel complete after after today, and then we find it.
Speaker 2: That's a large that you are finally going to feel complete well as a podcaster for this. Okay, as far as season two of Full House.
Speaker 1: Is concerned, like instead of just rushing right into season three, let's take some time, Let's let it breathe a little bit. Yeah, just like in the old days of network TV, you had you know, you had eight months to get used to season two.
Speaker 2: So I got you know, I'm interested in going back and going over what episodes? Speaking of going back and going.
Speaker 1: Over, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Great and legendary Janis Sweeten has started listening to the podcast on a regular basis. Now she is catching up. First, she was like, I don't know how to listen to a podcast. She was, as you know, people know she was our first guest during the strike. She she I think listened maybe to that episode or the first couple ones, but then you know, she doesn't commute anywhere or whatever. So she was like, what am I? What am I going to do this? So she started listening. She's been walking every day, getting and getting in good health, and so she now takes us along on her journey on her walks. What that means is she's started at the beginning and she's quite a bit behind. Obviously she's really trying to catch up as quickly as possible. But what it means is that I now get random texts, uh every day, which are answering questions, commenting on things, or just notes.
Speaker 1: On things.
Speaker 2: Notes from the first season, so notes. So hold on, I'm gonna where is she is?
Speaker 1: She has she reached season two yet?
Speaker 2: That's that's no, no, what did she say today? She just listened to episode one twelve. Oh so yeah, she's a way in the basic Ya, she's got some time before she's gonna get to where listening to us talk about.
Speaker 1: This, it's a lot of walking.
Speaker 2: But here's what I'll do. So you know what, I'm gonna go back to the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just start. Let's do this chronologically, because so she let's see, okay, now that was why didn't you text me when you got home?
Speaker 2: Okay, that was.
Speaker 1: I'm dying to be added to this text chain, Like it's just so funny.
Speaker 2: Here she goes on Friday, just listened to my episode. By the way, she's my yeah, which she was very excited herd the episode she was on, Oh she was on Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 2: Just listen to my episode. Okay, Joni was Lenny Rip's girlfriend. No way, but here's what she said. Just listen to my episode. Jony was Lenny Rip's girlfriend.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. That's it. That's her only contribution, okay.
Speaker 2: And then she said, uh, you girls were one about her because she's in other episodes too. I seem to recall she was a comic of sorts. She sure had the face for it, those big eyes, so expressive.
Speaker 1: And then I said something.
Speaker 2: I said, well, I said, was it Lydia Cornell because I kind of misunderstound what she was, right?
Speaker 1: And he right?
Speaker 2: My mom said no, her name was actually Joni, and then I was like, oh wait, that's right. So yes, Joni on the show. Was she was in a couple scenes or whatever, But that was Lenny Rips, our wonderful producer's girlfriend who was and she was also a comic.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. That's like I never would have guessed that we could have asked Lenny about it when he was on the show.
Speaker 2: She also did a full, full deep dive into Lydia on IMDb and let me know all of the stuff she's done, including Curb your enthusiasm, stand up. She's a writer. Uh yeah, basically all the stuff we covered. But but she did. She hasn't gotten there yet, so she didn't know. Right yesterday here was yesterday?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, oh no what?
Speaker 2: Good morning, sir Gio Bustamante was the artist who created your parrot and chimpanzee.
Speaker 1: That were you're in your full house dressing room.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: What prompted that. Were we talking about our dressing room?
Speaker 2: We were talking about our dressing rooms. Somewhere in that first season. We were talking about it, and I was like, oh my gosh. We we were talking about the parrot. Right, there's always theres a parent Joey's there's always the parrots. And I said, I had a I said, I remember getting these two pieces of art by this Mexican artist. Ye I couldn't remember the name. Ah, she ran. She that was her first text, eight forty five in the morning. Good morning, Sergio Bustamante was the artist. I said, oh my god, how did you find or remember that? She said? The name Boostamante popped into my head when I heard you wondering about it on the podcast Go Figure. Most days I can't even find my phone.
Speaker 1: Jana's is amazing. Yeah, she's the she is so amazing.
Speaker 2: I love her advance. Then this one came. This one came with a picture. This one came with with some graphics, which is it's a uh that's a photo of the TV show Family Affair, season four, the five disc set. And she said, I just listened to episode one twelve, our very first promo, and I have two notes. The nineteen sixties show pictured above is where the characters Buffy and Jody originated, and Jody was the boy. I believe the story was that they twins, as I recall, and their teenage sister were orphaned and their bachelor uncle and his butler took them in and raised them. My other note is that Veronica Ronnie was an a name and I didn't hear you mentioned that. Sorry, I'm so far behind.
Speaker 1: Is Janice angling for a producer credit on this podcast? Like, I feel like she could fit right in. Let's add her to her WhatsApp.
Speaker 2: Chat don't don't don't you dare? I love my mother, Don't you dare? Jannis is amazing, Like she's just she is amazing. But see this, But she's amazing because this is what we need is just straight to the point. Yeah, hey, something that you screwed up. Here's this You're welcome, Like, I love it.
Speaker 1: You know what the mom is like, your mom is like it's just not you, just the collective you. Our moms are like the ultimate producers, you know. They just tell it like it is. They don't have time to fool her out, like I don't care your notes. Execute it.
Speaker 2: Please exactly, here's what, here's what it is.
Speaker 1: Just please do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And my mom, you know again, as she gets older, she's like, you have no idea how little I give. She's and I'm like, I mean I already don't give hardly any I'm losing them daily and trying to have you wait just wait. And so you know, now she's in the time of her life where she goes, I know I don't need to say this, but I'm doing it anyway. And you're like, cool, great, okay, so glad we're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm saying it anyway.
Speaker 1: This could be this could be its own segment is the Janice Is Corner where we just get her commentary on.
Speaker 2: Well between Janis and Kim. We do have, uh, the ultimate fact checking department.
Speaker 1: Yes we do.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like they between this podcast and uh, you know, their work on the like the State of the Union and stuff for various you know news organizations is really top notch.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, oh, thank goodness for them. Thank goodness. We have them on speed dial. We can always just call them.
Speaker 2: Do you have to call? I wake up the first text every morning because she's already been on her walk. This is literally what I wake up to now is my mom texting notes about the podcast because she walks every day, so she listens every day. So at eight thirty every day, she's got a new note. So then maybe she'll catch up pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: If she's walking every thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's gonna she's gonna get here pretty quickly. So Hi, mom, Uh, when you catch up to this point, we're glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: You have to say on all I do. I love God, I love my mom. She's out of her mind and hysterical. And I say that with love because I too am out of my mind. Yes, maybe even hysterical.
Speaker 1: Okay, Diane, shall we let's do it, Let's go. I'm sorry, I just hit puberty. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: It was just it was season two, wasn't it. It was just you were like, you know, I feel thirteen again?
Speaker 1: I do? Yeah, Yeah, I have my same voice when I was thirteen, only you had the same hair. Okay, no, no more mullet anchor woman helmet hair. I don't know how we start this? Do I do a welcome back? Welcome back to how Rude Tan Rito's. I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jodie Sweeten, and today we are recapping season two in its entirety. Get Ready, ladies and gentlemen, we felt it was only appropriate to give you our final thoughts. We have read and reviewed all twenty two of these episodes, and now we're here to give you even more thoughts and rank them. Of course, it's our favorite, least favorite, our favorite moment, some moments we'd rather forget. Yeah, it's gonna be amazing. So how do you want to do this? Do we just don't jump in?
Speaker 2: Do we?
Speaker 1: I don't think we have to do we have to list list every episode.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am known like I feel like the fans are gonna no, maybe maybe when we we Yeah, when we Maddie was like, please don't do that.
Speaker 1: Please know ye channel, channel your your inner janis made.
Speaker 2: Well, she might be like, I wish you would have given the brief synopsis because I forgot.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe in the when we're like, these are my top two, and we can kind of be like, you know, oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, tracking, I'm tracking, all right, So let's get started with our top two episodes. We're going to pick our top two and our bottom two of season two and then tell why got it? This was really hard for me. This was and I actually still haven't even decided. I've narrowed it down to three and I decided to decide live on this podcast. Okay, but my top two, I mean, the bottom two was very easy, but top two are very difficult.
Speaker 2: Start with the easy thing and start with your what are your bottom two?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're starting with the bottom Oh yes, I may not as well.
Speaker 2: Get that's that's usually the easiest. It's easier to be like I really don't like this than be like.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They decide between things I like.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yes, it's much more interesting to get to the bottom two.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I have a feeling. I know which one you're gonna pick.
Speaker 1: Well, the Howie episode Baby Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, how I think Baby Love Michelle develops a crush on Rebecca's nephew.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh man, this and we already just shreaded that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't even want to I don't even want to say the name again. I feel like if I say it three times, it's like Beetlejuicy's gonna appear.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just think it was a little too soon in the series to have that that much of a Michelle centric episode. She was too young, too young to handle that much of dial.
Speaker 2: It was just a weird storyline that like anyone, it just I don't know, it was just strange. It was it felt really forced. Was just saying something for a sitcom, you know what I mean when you're like, wow, that one felt like we were really pushing that. Yeah. That the bar is already pretty low, right, Yeah, yeah, it was boy Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, so every everyone agreed. Oh, some people disagreed with us. Actually, I read some of your comments on it.
Speaker 2: You know what, and that's okay, that's okay. You are welcome to disagree. We're not saying that this is has to be everyone's opinion. It is our opinion, and we happen to agree, and the fact that you like that episode might make you wrong, but that's okay. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna yell, Howie, how in your dreams you're on out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh god? So okay? So yeah that all? Yeah, okay, so we agree, And what's your other what's your other bottom?
Speaker 1: My other bottom? Two is uh pal Joey, which is the episode where we get the flashback, right, which is that five minute flashback of the guys as young boys in elementary school. That was the only redeeming part of the entire episode. Yeah, Danny was acting immature and jealous of the friendship of Joey and Jesse, and it's like, and then Harry cheats on you with DJ and falls in love with her what like? That was out of character? Right? This should be struck from the full house canon. I don't think this should exist.
Speaker 2: It's felt like it felt like a an episode again, and we said this, it felt like an episode where the characters made choices and acted in ways that didn't really ring true. But I wonder if that's in hindsight, I wonder if that's because we now have thirty five years of stories, friendships, relationships, whatever amongst that that group of characters to be like, oh, they wouldn't do that. But at the time, true, we were still it was still, you know what, halfway through season two, so we were still kind of figuring out what it was. And I bet they wanted to give some Danny some sort of conflict or some you know.
Speaker 1: He was just nice, old, Yeah, he needed something other than cleaning.
Speaker 2: He needed I'm sure that was some sort of note, was that they needed to have some sort of emotionally, but yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It just didn't didn't. It didn't ring true.
Speaker 2: I was left with a lot of questions, like where's Pam?
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, no, Pam. Pam should have been featured in that flashback.
Speaker 2: That would have been even just a one brief little like there's Pam, you know what I mean, Like something like that would have That was such a like a kind of a missed opportunity. Like if we're focusing on the guys, and obviously Jesse's there and younger, then anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would have been great to have just a throw away line like Danny says, oh, there's that Pam. Yeah whatever, you know, just the beginnings of young love.
Speaker 2: Oh that would exactly.
Speaker 1: What were your what were your bottom two besides Baby Love?
Speaker 2: My bottom two? What Baby Love was was was.
Speaker 1: The Sea Crews of season two.
Speaker 2: Yes, and agreed, and Seacreuse is still at the bottom, so it's like Sea Creuse, Howie.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till Jannie gets to the Howie episode.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I can't wait for the She's like, oh my god, I hate Yeah, she's gonna have some serious that's on that yeah, or maybe she'll be one of the ones. It was like I thought it was cute. Now I know my mom, she's gonna be like there was abnox.
Speaker 1: She's far too cynical for that.
Speaker 2: She's right, yeah, yeah. I think The other one was, uh was Blast from the Past the Joey's girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Won Oh okay, wait, let me go up blast just so.
Speaker 2: The Blast from the Past was Joey gets a phone call from an old girlfriend he had at college ten years ago. Kimmy handcuffs DJ and Stephanie together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one was.
Speaker 2: That one just didn't I felt like, I don't know, I just didn't And I know they were trying to make like some sort of a relationship thing for Joey, but I just didn't love I just didn't love that dynamic and that I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was no hook, Like, there was nothing you were on the you weren't on the edge of your seat, right. There wasn't huge character development, right. It was definitely like a filler episode for us where a handcuff you and can't us and altiller. Yeah, I feel like the Joey episodes are really missing something he needs, like better writing or better storylines. There's something missing.
Speaker 2: Well, they made him such a and I know, you know, Dave's probably said this too, or maybe he hasn't, but they made Joey sort of like a caricature in so many ways with the cartoon voices and things like that that like, yeah, the way he responded to things at times when it came to something serious was like.
Speaker 1: So childish and ridiculous. You were like, okay, seriously, right, and it's like you're a grown man, right.
Speaker 2: But that was you know, also part of the appeal and of family television back then. They're all that was more I don't know, like characters like that sort of existed, and we were just like, oh, yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Nobody was really watching these with any sort of depth, like this.
Speaker 2: Is right right right? You know, you feel like audiences today are a little more cynical and a little more savvy, and you know, just a little more aware, I think in some ways and and need a little bit deeper or different humor sometimes. Yeah, and yeah, I just it was like lacking something and I just didn't feel like it gave.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just didn't. I didn't love that episode.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to. I'm I'm scrolling through because I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To make sure there wasn't a worse one. I mean there was there were right that there wasn't a worse one. I mean, the other ones were pretty memorable, you know.
Speaker 2: The other ones were all Yeah, the other ones were all pretty, but those ones were just like.
Speaker 1: I mean, the triple date where the guys have three women over, Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 2: That was weird, but it was weird. But it was saved by the wedding rings.
Speaker 1: Saved by the yeah, saved by the sync exploding in the bathroom. It was saved by the b storyline, which is very odd usually that doesn't happen. The b storyline is kind of like the filler storyline, but this time I was like, no, that saved the whole episode. But it wasn't worse. It wasn't worse than Blast from the Past. So I think you're on sect.
Speaker 2: I think those are those are my two worst now to top two episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's much more difficult.
Speaker 2: That is much See, it's always harder to decide between the things you like. I what you go first? Because you went first with your with the bottom ones, what do you Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think everyone's going to agree with me, and that's okay. But my first and I can't pick like a, this isn't my number one because I can't pick a number one. So I have a top three. Okay, I narrowed it from five to three.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So my first one is Tanner versus Gibbler, where DJ and I have our first fight together. And so I just I love this one because it was not only because I was a big part of it. Maybe that maybe I am a little bit biased in that way, but we all are.
Speaker 2: I mean, I won't lie the ones I picked. It is the top ones were two of them were like ones that I was in a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's okay, It's okay. It's part of who we are, so we can't It's also.
Speaker 2: Because you have a fondness for it in remembering it in a different way, too. True.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's true. I can't extract my own experience from Yeah, exactly met my critical eye of the episode.
Speaker 2: Not completely objective.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's understandable, and that's okay, that's why we're here. But yeah, I just I love I felt it felt very honest and true of girls who are about to inner middle school. You know, do you choose the popular crowd or do you go with your best friend who you've been best friends with for decades? So I thought it was good. Kimmy was very mean to DJ, but she had that realization of oh, yeah, wait, I've been a jerk to my.
Speaker 2: Friend the middle that's they are to each other. They're just mean sometimes, yeah, for no reason, seen it for no reason, and they're because they're just trying to figure it out. And so sometimes they're like, I want to hurt somebody because my feelings are hurt, and they're just brutal and You're like, that's not.
Speaker 1: Always it's the worst. It's the hardest age is in middle school for sure. Yeah. So yeah, Oh, and we get the introduction of Becky's This is kind of a landmark episode because it's Becky's first appearance. I'm in it a lot like what's not to love about Tanner versus Kibler. Yeah, so that's one. Do you want me to continue with my other ones?
Speaker 2: Or do you want to jump?
Speaker 1: And okay, no, no, okay. So now I'm trying to decide between these two. Okay, the Christmas episode in the Airport or Goodbye Mister Bear. Now, I feel like I should pick Goodbye Mister Bear because of the emotional weight of that episode. It was very important. We see Pam the one and only time we see Pam on a home video, and it's just a really sad episode, Like it ends so abruptly with no full house theme song. It just suddenly ends and we're all left. It's like an emotional shock. There's your dead mom. Yeah, so I feel like I should pick that one because it's a very important episode. But I'm I keep coming back to the Christmas our very first Christmas show. It just because it's a classic sitcom like it is iconic. You've got these iconic moment moments, Danny on the conveyor belt with the luggage, You've got Jesse and his dang Christmas speech to the entire terminal and pretending that a coat rack is a Christmas tree. It's so ridiculous that I love it, Like I'm cringing, but I'm laughing at the same time. And it's one of those episodes that always sticks out in my mind. So yeah, I think I'm gonna go at the Christmas episode. So those are my top two. Tanner versus Gibbler, our very first Christmas show.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: Sorry to the mister Bhaer enthusiasts out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I had a narrow it down to two.
Speaker 2: It's okay. I also, I am having a difficult time, but I think for me, it's gonna have to be middle aged crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh. Yes, the one middle age.
Speaker 2: Crazy was the one where I marry Harry in the garden wedding in Holy Mattress Money. Yes, and that one me and Harry, it just is hilarious. I just find that one very very funny. And again because it's I have my own fond memories of it.
Speaker 1: That's why, you know. Is that the one where you're the astronaut and they fly you over the the living room.
Speaker 2: So that's another I'm an Yeah, I mean, I'm an astronaut, I get marry you're a bra mattress money.
Speaker 1: That is an iconic episode.
Speaker 2: It's there's a lot that happens in that episode. Yeah, and I loved it, and I you know again, the the instantaneous Tanner party planning is obviously it's a genetic thing because I was able to throw twenty kids in a backyard wedding. I mean, weddings are our specialty. Really, it's what we do.
Speaker 1: Everyone gets married in the backroom, gets married in the backyard.
Speaker 2: I've done it twice now, yeah, actually I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so have I because or I the first married. I'm married for well, we crashed Jesse and Becky's renewing their vows or something, so we crashed that. I don't know if we actually got married again or if I ran away and then our our triple wedding at the end of the series.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, so we've both got married twice.
Speaker 1: What have happened in that Backyard amazing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm and I I'm gonna also say.
Speaker 1: Beach Boy Bingo, Oh yeah, that's a good and that episode, like I think about it and I smile.
Speaker 2: It was it was super cheesy and silly and the Beach Boys show up at your house and none of it makes sense and what the hell is happening? But like the joy that we all had together and just watching that episode made me smile. And I remember when we watched it saying like I got like this episode made me get that warm, fuzzy feeling about the Tanner family and about this show and like what it was that was being celebrated, and so yeah, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna And plus the Beach Boys being on full House were kind of it was like an iconic thing that they That was huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was absolutely huge. And I will never forget that last scene at the coliseum.
Speaker 2: The coliseum, Yes, seeing it on stage.
Speaker 1: With the Beach Boys. I mean, what other sitcom at the time was doing that? And like nobody was doing that though exactly.
Speaker 2: Those are my two middle aged crazy and Beach Boy Bingo are I good?
Speaker 1: Oh yay? And we had different ones too, That's that's good. Yeah. Wait to see what the fan Ritos say about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interested to hear fan Urrito's top and bottom two.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, Okay, Next, what were some of your overall favorite moments or scenes from season two? There's a lot like, there's a there's a lot like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, I wrote down all.
Speaker 1: Like like I put well, I'm I wrote down the beach Boy concert. That was, of course an amazing moment. We just talked about that. Kimmy's outfits in the horse episode, my Missus Trench Bull Fighter.
Speaker 2: Pilot fash opilation that was served was mm hm.
Speaker 1: That was Yeah, it doesn't it really. It just all went downhill from there, but that was a standout MOMENTU once. We've already talked about dropping this ring down the sink.
Speaker 2: Dropping her break down the sink jingle, hell for me, the singing Cats. Oh, when they do the stupid little the Kitty crispies. That is so crazy, that hilarious.
Speaker 1: Dave is so unhinged.
Speaker 2: Dave is completely unhinged. Uh, there's a really fun again a John in the kitchen moment. I think it's his birthday one Oh, where he's I'm there for you, babe, and he's running around. Isn't he trying to like do fifteen hundred things in the kitchen or is it working mothers or something?
Speaker 1: One of the too, the one where he breaks the handle, he flies off, Danny flies off the handle, and so Jesse redes the whole Is that Are you talking about something else when he redes the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Because you believe that was I'm there for you, babe.
Speaker 1: That okay?
Speaker 2: The one around his his birthday starts with presents that are quickly followed by demands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right, because I can't. It doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, So yeah, that must be it. Someone will correct us if it's yeah, yeah, I love the John moments in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, uh, just breaking new h Jesse redoing the kitchen is actually the Goodbye Mister Bear episode?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I don't remember. See we just reviewed that and I don't I've.
Speaker 2: Already can I'm like right, I'm like, I don't know it took place in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Someone was round.
Speaker 2: But John has a lot of funny kitchen physical comedy moments.
Speaker 1: He does so well in the kitchen awesome, Oh right, thank you for that note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's some really fun and then I mean all of the fabulous Ali Baba hotel and casino moments. He was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fabulous. I also wrote down the Bachelor auction from a little role because our moms were audience. So I'm like, oh, that's I just will never forget my mom just waving her placard to get a date with Bob Saggott. Yeah, she's just so good in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember. And then and then, uh, you know, obviously Carl the Fog makes several appearances and still ruining plans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to see what Carl the Fog ruins in season three so much, so much. Any other moments that stand out from those were mine? Those were the ones that I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: Also, the the also the little shop of sweaters, the sweater, the shoplifting. The shoplifting sweater moment is also really funny.
Speaker 1: That was a real that I almost wrote that down as one of my favorites, but then I took it off the list. Yeah, but that that's another really good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where what take it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Pay for it later?
Speaker 1: You were just trying to be a good sister. Yeah, that's all all right, Uh, all right, what do we Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, there was a good question, how did you see yourselves grow as actors during this season? Do any moment stand out to you?
Speaker 1: How did I grow as an actor? I mean we were so young.
Speaker 2: I mean you definitely had some moments in the Tanner Verse Gibbler where we actually finally see like Kimmy have some emotions and kind of bet you know what I mean, others, something other than just the punchline or just joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had, she had a little bit of range other than just Walton in the back door throwing a few barbs and then walking out. So, yes, yes, I definitely felt myself. Yeah, I felt myself growing as an actor. I was getting more confident, I could seem I was more confident in season two than season one. Season one, I was still kind of like where do I put my hands right? I could just see myself fidgeting more or just standing awkwardly like nobody would.
Speaker 2: Ever stand more self conscious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in season two I kind of shed some of that. I got more awkward in some ways because of the wardrobe. Now we were entering the Kimmy Gibbler awkward wardrobe era, which was for the rest of her life basically. But yeah, I think I felt a little more confident, a little less self conscious as an actor. Yeah, how about you, how do you feel about I noticed.
Speaker 2: I was laughing at myself slightly less, which was always a thing as a little kid that I like, I would see myself laughing at the joke before I even said it.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh you're anticipating, yeah, definitely anticipating stuff or you know.
Speaker 2: But I noticed that getting a lot better in season two. Okay, And I think some of my sarcasm and things like that are definitely coming out a little bit more and a little bit better, and I'm kind of like understanding it a little bit more, and like what the jabs are.
Speaker 1: About your comedic timing, you have definitely fine tuned it by season two, Like it's coming very naturally. Your delivery is just you can't teach that to somebody who is six years old, Like, you just can't. Either you have it or you don't. And you had it and you were just oh my god, Steph was just brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Season two, she's stepping into her Yeah, yeah, she's stepping into her brutal or she's waking up and choosing violence.
Speaker 1: It's just such a great personality, Like you can see exactly who she's going to be as an adult at the age of six. It's really just so great. Shall we move on? Yeah, let's comparing season one to season two? Which did you like better?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Really? Okay, this was hard for me. I had to think about it and write down pros and cons. I had to make a list, really.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: So I ended up because I like both for different reasons. Okay, what were your reasons? And I'll tell you mine. Well, like season one, I think the pilot is unmatched. I think it is one of the best pilots in sitcom history. You know exactly who these characters are. The show is still finding its footing, but as far as the idea of three men who don't really know what they're doing are trying to raise three little girls, it's well established and everybody has a role. You know, Joey's a comedian, you know, Miss Danny is the dad, Jesse's the hot dude. So yeah, I just think the pilot is unmatched and I love that, Like, you guys were all just so little, Like I don't want us to grow up. I feel like such a mom, but I'm just like, oh, we were so cute and little. I don't want us to get old and awkward, but we end up getting older and awkward.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm a peak old and awkward right now. That's right, kept going with old and awkward.
Speaker 1: It never stopped. But season two is really where the season where the where the show found its groove. You know, no more Sea crewis episodes. They kept trying to spring down a little bit more, but.
Speaker 2: There's still there's there's still Howie.
Speaker 1: It's not entirely they're still Howie, but it's not the revolving door of dates, you know, it's no longer.
Speaker 2: Less of a less of a man or yes, and yeah, yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate that about season two. But I ended up I ended up just counting the number of episodes that stick out to me.
Speaker 2: And this was like a technique that we're involved counting in numbers and weighing out of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what I did. I just went down the list and I just counted how many episodes I loved in each in each season. So for season one, I counted nine episodes. Okay, and season two I counted thirteen. I'm gonna go with season two as season two better than season one.
Speaker 2: I also am gonna say season two is better than season one just because again we've found our groove a little bit more our characters and not even the characters are more well defined, but the relationships between the characters developed a lot. You can see the relationship between the kids, between the kids and the adults. Like it just everything seems a little bit more cohesive and like everybody is a little more comfortable in it.
Speaker 1: And I feel like season.
Speaker 2: One was just a lot of kind of one off episodes, Like there wasn't necessarily like a ton of through line stuff where it was like, oh, this.
Speaker 1: Is happening now, And like I felt like season.
Speaker 2: Two, you know, we see Becky come in and that it becomes a very consistent storyline, and we see, you know, the guys get a new job and start this ad agency, which becomes very much a through line, and like, you know, it just feels like and we see family holidays together and we're getting like some of the you know, the character's doubts about being able to do this or about school or about you know whatever. I just think we see a little more depth and range in the storylines and a little more like conflict and real family stuff going on. So I just liked season two better. It felt a little bit more like an established family.
Speaker 1: That's a that's an excellent that's an excellent point. For as many iconic episodes we're in season one, like the chicken pox episode and boat boat commercials, like, you can't discount those, no excellent, excellent episodes can be Yeah, but two things can be true at once. You can love those iconic episodes in season one but also appreciate season two overall.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, and it's an overall pick, you know.
Speaker 1: It's Yeah, it's definitely. Yes. The writers are getting getting with the times. They know what they're doing, they know where the characters are going hopefully. Yeah, I agree, I agree with all of that. Excellent.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, all right. Who were some of your favorite guest stars.
Speaker 1: From this season?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, this is very easy. Lydia Cornell, who, yes, it's like one of my favorite people in life now, she's just Senorita mos I love her so much. Fun to talk to the beach boys obviously, Like that's probably the number one guest star guest stars of the whole season. And then I wrote down Crell book Boss Hogg, who was the guy, the mean man in the episode. I just loved him. He was such a fun character to watch. It's a mean, old curmudgeon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So at the time I didn't even like think about it like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, who else we had? Jonathan Brandis was also a big name. Luis Avolos, the Fabulous.
Speaker 2: The Saa Baba Hotelicans. You know, I mean my favorite guest star. I gotta pick Harry, Oh, I gotta pick anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He I just loved Harry on well other than you know, besides beside the episode where he.
Speaker 1: Went off, that one off where he just acts like a fool. That's a right pretend that doesn't exist. That episode that.
Speaker 2: We're just not even gonna it's, you know what, we all make stupid decisions sometimes, But yeah, I love Harry as a guest star. Excuse me, obviously the Beach Boys and then I'm trying to think, I mean our moms there were technically guest stars, they were background, but I'd say our moms definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so, that's so great. Yes, I can't believe I forgot to put the moms down because they were and I think they do they come back or are they done? They are sure they come back, they have to Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I feel like season two they they had multiple appearances. I feel like that was the most maybe that they were in a season.
Speaker 1: Well, and your mom and Barbara got a credit for whenever they had speed they did the right I think that was season one. Oh yeah, that was season one, season.
Speaker 2: One when they came in, yeah, to drop off Michelle or whatever with Joni, with Jonie who's Lenny Lenny Rips' girlfriend. Okay, now this is what yeah, yeah, see.
Speaker 1: This is gotzne things. Wish we could have asked him about that next time, next time.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's see what else? Oh? Which characters had the best story arc? Michelle and REWI.
Speaker 1: No, new Well, I think I have to say Jesse. Did anyone else have arcs? I feel like Jesse was the only one who.
Speaker 2: Really had a who really had a He.
Speaker 1: Had movement as a character from Yeah, that's what I mean. It was like a date, a round to right, need to settle down and get married and pulsively in He's But did anyone else like Danny had a couple of dates. Joey had a date. Yeah, I don't feel funny bits, but I weren't wouldn't call them arcs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesse was really the only one who sort of had I mean, the thing with him and Becky is kind of the ongoing storyline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he had a big arc at the beginning of the season when he left the exterminating business, right, and like, I'm getting out of this business.
Speaker 2: And I guess that's kind of Joey and Jesse's ark, right, They've started this new business, So that's kind of a big one for Joey. But I'd say Jesse really overall, yeah, has sort of the biggest story arc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm eager for well, as much as I don't want the girls to grow up, I'm eager for them to grow up to get their own storylines where yeah, you know, we have actual problems to solve in things.
Speaker 2: I am so eager for Jesse to just stop it, so, you know, just it, all of it, just stop it. Yeah, So I'm hoping that that continues in season three. Did you like the way that they ended the season with the with the Jesse Rebecca resolution.
Speaker 1: I did, Actually, I as for as problematic as Jesse is, Becky put him in his place. Yes, Becky was like hold on, Like she made him work for it, made him work for the very first date. Yeah, you know, it's the first girl that Jesse's didn't just automatically you know, get it.
Speaker 2: He didn't just that didn't like just go for him. It was like that, you know. She was like, you got to woo me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she made him work for it. I think they took it pretty slow until like Tahoe.
Speaker 2: I mean, other than the intense makeout sessions in the kitchen, they took it pretty slow.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, someone's always making out in front of the.
Speaker 2: Making out in the kitchen sanitary, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Becky's the Becky's the only voice of reason in that in that couple. Like she's just the one that's like, we can't get married. We have to talk about it.
Speaker 2: She's like, what are you doing? What? Stop it again? Stop it?
Speaker 1: Stop it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just just stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Jesse.
Speaker 1: He needs to, he needs to. He needs to, he needs to get a hold of himself, he needs to calm down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I did I like the way that they ended it because it was like it did.
Speaker 1: It's not all or nothing.
Speaker 2: It's slow, you know, and it kind of gives you something to be like, Okay, this is gonna progress, but slowly, because where would we have gone had they gotten married, then we sho would have been four seasons shorter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a little bit of Monday morning quarterbacking here, but yeah, it was way too early in the series for them to get married, even though we didn't know we would have eight seasons, but yeah, where there'd be nowhere to go except to have babies. And yeah, they needed to wait until they need to get for whenever exactly.
Speaker 2: Or they needed to wait until Jesse really learned something about his own tendencies toward misogyny and really had a conversation with his dad Nick about some really unfortunate toxic behaviors that he learned from him and how he needs to make a difference, and Ireen needs to talk to Becky and be like, look, do not put up with his Okay, yeah, right, so we needed all that, We need all that to happen, and it's gonna yeah, yeah, yeah, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I feel the therapy full house therapy sessions.
Speaker 2: Right, behind the scenes these characters. I mean, can you imagine we've got grief, We've got you know, like there's this whole family better be in therapy, right, you know, they should have done that episode single kids, family, family, just the whole parenting lessons everything. Everybody in this house needs to be talking to someone.
Speaker 1: No, it's and they can incorporate like music therapy, animal therapy, like all of it happens in the house.
Speaker 2: It's this is basically it's like a it's an IOP. It's like an IOP. Yeah, yeah, which is an intensive outpatient program.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't need to laugh at that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, it's well, really it's more residential because they're in it's in the house because it's a residential treatment center. Yeah, but I don't but but are there more than eight people living in it? Because I don't know what the regulations are eight to ten? I think something like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh okay, anyway, yeah, okay, where did we end up?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the show is moving in the right direction? Is there anything you would change? Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think the show's going in the right direction. With the caveat if we can all agree that back in these days with Network TV, and you had these long twenty two episode seasons that there are going to be filler episodes, Like, filler episodes are necessary because we can't have life changing storylines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not everything can have an explosion and a birth and a wedding and you know it's you gotta have episodes where like what kid loses a tooth? You know what I mean, that's gonna be that's the thing, or I hand to your sister or whatever. You know, Like, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: We had those episodes have to exist because now it went in the streaming shows. Now when you only have like six or seven episodes, you have.
Speaker 2: To pay so much, you have to write well, and people's attentionspan filler episodes.
Speaker 1: People would be like, this is not this is useless.
Speaker 2: Why did I Why did I watch this? And you're like, because it sometimes you just need to know the episodes in between the big stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. I also feel like the show is moving in the right direction. I feel like they're really doing a great job at focusing on the family stuff of it. I think it's moving more in the direction of family storylines as opposed to separate adult versus kids storylines. And I think we're kind of finding that groove that it's really about the family like interplay between all these characters. And is there anything I would change? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would we change? I put no notes? Actually, wait, strike baby love. There's plenty of Michelle. Yeah, in futures. Anything you would change?
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I was going to say, kill off Howie, but that that's that.
Speaker 1: Yours is a nicer way putting it. Strike, strike, strike, strike, not strike the child, but strike his character.
Speaker 2: His character, right right, No, no, no, I'm not nothing against this poor child that played Howie. Uh, it's just the character in and of itself in the storyline. Yeah, we could have skipped right over that and it would have been great. We never Becky's sister. But then if Becky's sister wasn't in it, Debbie Gregory wouldn't have had a role.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow, so that's true. That's true. Well you could Okay, how maybe I'll he phrase. We don't need to strike the character of how We We just need to strike this.
Speaker 2: Weird obsession of She's this is this is some sort of an expression of child grief. She's missing a family member, she's becoming overly attached.
Speaker 1: She thinks everyone away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she thinks everything goes away. Toddlers don't have object permanence. Well, I yeah, they do that by that point, but like, well but it's not you know, yeah, again, I think this is really this is more of a cry for help for Michelle, that she's obviously yeah, that she's getting so attached to someone that she doesn't know. We should we should help her work through this with some play therapy in the residential treatment center that.
Speaker 1: They all right with some Yeah, we just wait, we're gonna get the emotional support dog is coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's coming in.
Speaker 1: We got therapy animals, We got turt turtles and bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you got craft projects all over the place.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You know what I was thinking that when we made the comment, I said, yeah, the lawnmower's broken. I said, we never see anyone mowing the yard.
Speaker 1: Never seen it, right, No, no trimming, there's nothing, you know, like leaves, Like there were leaves on the ground because I remember crunching. You would crunch when you walk on them on the fake grass. But yeah, nobody ever mows the lawn.
Speaker 2: I mean, most shows don't mow the lawn. Because what's entertaining about watching someone a lawn and then you can't die? Makes great nude force doesn't make for great sound. But you know, it's just one of those things, like again, those normal life things that like in the lawn or doing what you know, like cleaning the toilet or just stuff like that that you're like, it's just never.
Speaker 1: Just what happens. We've seen the We've seen the family doing laundry, we've seen them eating. We've seen them iron well, Danny would iron his tie oddly enough, so we've seen them doing indoor chores. But no, there's been no outdoor chores at all. No taking out the garbage, like none, none of that. Yeah, that's true, garbage just sort of they store their garbage cans, do they store like there's not a whole lot of room in their garage. I mean there's not a whole lot of room.
Speaker 2: There's room that there that you can invent room in that backyard there's not. Yeah, I mean San Francisco, there's both no room and all the room is. It's it's like the Schrodinger's Cat of backyards. It is both alive.
Speaker 1: And dead until you look at it. Like so when we need extra garbage cans with the backyard.
Speaker 2: Expands and always exists in its large form, but we often only see it and are able to perceive it in its smaller form. You know what I mean. Yeah, it's very There's a lot of quantum mechanics going on in the backyard of the full House house.
Speaker 1: It's a fascinating study for physicists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, how is this? What is this vortex? Yes? Sure, sure? So what are your what are your hopes going into season three? Okay?
Speaker 1: I want to see what do you want to see more or less of? Okay? I want to see I sort of touched on this before. I want to see the girls get their own storylines, right, Like I know we've got some coming up with DJ and Kimmy where it's like we're going to middle school for the first time and it's like, oh my gosh, there's really mature kids and then really immature kids, right, all of the that sort of prepubescent stuff. I want to see Danny meat a nice girl. Like I thought Carolyn from Seacreuse was lovely, but she didn't she didn't really stick around, but he needs like a nice she had the Seacrews steak. You know I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't and I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You have to leave. We can't have just to out, you know, just throw out to see you with the other fish. But I would yeah, I would love to see him get like a nice I don't know, just a nice even a friend, a girl friend would be would be great. You know, I'm not trying to marry him off, Becky, Well yeah, put him for Danny, like I want Danny to have.
Speaker 2: No I know, but oh, you'd bean like just like a like a I thought you meant like a girl friend, like a friend is a girl, but like you mean like a girlfriend, like.
Speaker 1: Like a girlfriend. Yeah, girl, so somebody it's like noncommittal, but just like a girl, so he can flirt with and I don't know, somebody to help his self esteem a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I feel like Danny's too neurotic for that, Like he's too you know what I mean, Like he doesn't he has no he's he's got no game. He doesn't know what I mean, Like he's got no game. So I feel like he's not the kind of he's not going to be like a Jesse and like you know, casually date people like I just don't feel like Danny knows. And again, now that we know that he and Pam Pam ran off right after high school, right, He's he's never had to He's never had to have game, he never had to try.
Speaker 1: There's never been a need for Game's never been a need, and we can see that in all of his awkward interactions.
Speaker 2: Just not who he is.
Speaker 1: He's just not that guy.
Speaker 2: So he's just yeah, thank god, because we only have room for one of those fools on the show. Yeah, only could you imagine if there were more. I just be like, so this is not no.
Speaker 1: Heck no, Yeah, And I want to see them work on Joey's story. I want more meaty storylines for Joey. Like he's been given nothing to do so far except make funny voices. So I really want him to see I want to I want something for himself.
Speaker 2: Well he did. He had the Joey Gets Tough episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was good because, yeah, he had to punish DJ for the first time.
Speaker 2: He had to kind of learn that the parenting balances even though he you know, still believe.
Speaker 1: But I want more of that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, more of those kind of things. I mean, I guess you know, there was the pal Joey, and there was the what was it, the Blast from the past one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but those aren't weren't my favorites, you know, those were some of our bottom twos.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, I think they just don't know how to write Joey.
Speaker 1: They don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 2: They don't know what to do with him, because if he's not silly funny, then you can't you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it's kind of he's kind of been pegged into a corner.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like Kimmy in some ways, where it's like, once you make them so silly and such a caricature, it then becomes very hard to actually have a like a real storyline because everyone's waiting for the joke, right, that's the person that's always the comic relief for the voice or the thing, right, Like they have the one zingy one liner, and it's like, well, now you want to give them depth, and people are like, but but when's the funny part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's true. That's a that's a common thing.
Speaker 2: But I also would like to see I would like to see more kind of in depth stuff of the kids focusing on their own individual things, and I think we do start seeing some of that in season three. I think the Glasses episode is coming for Steph. Yeah, okay, I think Michelle starts school or something soon. Anyway, Yeah, I think we're gonna start seeing some more of those, and I would love to see less of Jesse being a hot headed misogynist. So I'm hoping that, you know, again, with Becky's sticking around in season three, that will be lessening.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I feel like, I feel like Jesse he's taming his bachelor ways, like Becky has tamed his bachelor ways. Now we just need to work on the narcissism. Like he's still very much like Jesse. Jesse, Jesse, what about me? What do you mean to me? He's twenty six, you know he is.
Speaker 2: He's still, in terms of brain development, very pretty young. He's still start getting that that consequence thing, and some of us don't get it until much later in life or ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, Orerever. But but yeah, I think you know, we're we're watching the evolution of him. I enjoy it, and I would like to see I would like to see more like sister interactions with Michelle as opposed to weirdly forced Michelle moments agreed, Yes, it's weird, Like it doesn't feel like the girls have as much of a relationship with Michelle. She's kind of off on her own, like I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: Just she's some cute dull that.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right. She sort of feels like the wind up toys sometimes, and I I guess, yeah, I guess also like looking at it too, like you know, with adult eyes, you're like, oh, this isn't. This feels this isn't. It feels like forced, like they're you know, little puppets.
Speaker 1: And I feel organic. It doesn't feel right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't. I don't love that. And but I know a lot of people will disagree because that was the thing that they loved about the show, and that was, you know, it was the Michelle Show. But yeah, I just for me, it doesn't feel like Michelle has like a relationship as much with anybody as just that she's there to say funny little things that she has.
Speaker 1: No idea what she's saying. Yeah, I feel like we've seen some good stuff between DJ and Stephanie as sisters. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Michelle is just like, yeah, just like the stand in baby, that's just and just make her talk when it's her time. And right, yeah, no, I think yeah, she needs if they're going to give her storylines, it needs to be better than the Howie storyline and it needs to be more organical.
Speaker 2: That's age appropriate too. I would prefer she'd be upset over a banana, but over you know what I mean, Like i'd watch that over Howie.
Speaker 1: Two year olds they're bad when you give them the wrong color cup, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Right, Like that episode would ring true, but like her being you know, obsessed with this Howie and not I was like, I don't know what's happening this, this feels like an underlying issue.
Speaker 1: Didn't work for us, But yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: What would you How would you rate the season? On scale one to ten? This was hard as well because I suck at reading things one to ten.
Speaker 1: Well and I wasn't sure are we supposed to rate it like each season like best to worst season?
Speaker 2: That it really well that that would be one to eight one.
Speaker 1: To eight, right, And I didn't want to do that because that's way too much pressure.
Speaker 2: This is this was on a scale of one to ten, with one being absolute crap and ten being the best, right well, one being an entire season of seacrews.
Speaker 1: Okay, ok ten being Beach Boy Concert.
Speaker 2: Beach Boy Concert for an entire season.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I mean. Okay, So, if I'm just judging season two without looking at the other seasons, I landed on eight point five.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's high.
Speaker 1: It's pretty high. Pretty high. And here's why. Because I felt like season two was better than season one for reasons we already talked about, and because we have the kids are still very young, and I just yearn for little kids in my house again, Like I just I missed that with lot of teenagers. Oh yeah, now that of teenagers that want nothing to do with me unless they need money or food.
Speaker 2: But I just I love But I think the little kids want you to do everything.
Speaker 1: I know. But that's okay because they don't have attitudes yet. So it's I think it's it's much easier for me, for me personally to parent little kids. But most of all, like I know, I know where this show is going. It's going to become much more Michelle centric as we go on. And because this only had one very Michelle centric episode. In the Howie episode, You're you're feeling like we're gonna peak here. Well, I know if we're gonna peak. But that's why I rated it so high, because I just I know it's the traject where the trajectory is going, and so I want to rate it high while I'm still feeling positive about this and we all, you know, have great storyline.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm giving it like a.
Speaker 1: Like a seven seven okay, like a six point five to a seven okay.
Speaker 2: Where Season one for me was a five. It was it was good. It uh, there was some not good ones. I was waiting to see how it kind of all came together. Season two we have a little bit of an imp And again it's not comparatively, but like if I were ranking them individually, I would say, like season one was it was you know, it was cute. It was a cute show. Ye see what happened. Season two, I'm like, Okay, we're finding a little bit more of the family and the groove and the deeper storylines of you know, family and things and you know whatever. So yeah, I would go there. But I feel like we definitely, uh get into our groove. I feel like seasons four and five were, uh, we're pretty good ones.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm thinking because that was just about just about midway through. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's usually when shows hit their peak is about it is like say through, yeah, found there, they've found their sea legs, right, but they haven't jumped the shark yet, right, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so that's what that's why I'm given that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's solid I feel. I also feel like as shows get bigger, like as the casts grow, the house gets fuller, they have more characters to write.
Speaker 2: We get smaller.
Speaker 1: The what the world gets smaller? Oh the world, Yes, the world gets smaller.
Speaker 2: But the house gets like a lobby and response. Now you're like, the house gets full, I'm like, and the world get smaller.
Speaker 1: Very good, Jodie. I feel like all the storylines are going to become fractured, like it's just going to be a very ABC storyline. And I just love these A storylines where it's just an A storyline and the whole family is involved in it. I think as the show grows, I feel like we're gonna lose that a little bit. Maybe we don't, but that's just my fear because a lot of shows do that. It's just right. I mean, you know, lists and lists of characters to write for, right, and I really love just when everybody's in the house and just trying to solve the same problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, But then I feel like it's those episodes where they are a little bit more split off, where we get the storylines that are kind of more kid centric and I'm more about their inner workings and lives and friends and challenge.
Speaker 1: True, you know, very true. Okay, so there's an upside. There's an upside to that, definitely, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: But I'm very excited for season three. I can't believe we're already at season three.
Speaker 1: Like how I feel like we just started this podcast, Like, how are we already at season three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really quick. I guess you could actually just binge, you know, all of Full House in a weekend. I'm sure that there are plenty of fan a Riita's out there that have done it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we applaud that's quite the stamina, that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do not have that. I am so glad that you all do, or some of you do, or at least two of you do.
Speaker 1: Maybe, But yeah, we.
Speaker 2: We really we're happy with season two, so I'm excited to see what the next next season brings us.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited. I can't wait to hear Janis's thoughts about season two when she gets there.
Speaker 2: Right, well, she'll get there behind. I'll keep updating you as to her thoughts on the rest of season one.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, love it, love Janis's corner. Yes, yes, Janice is spot on with her notes.
Speaker 2: Low as I am to admit that my mom is right still at forty two years old, she is, damn it. She is right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of the time. Most yeah, most of the time. Yeah, most of the time.
Speaker 2: There are times though when I'm like, no, but I will say, to her credit, she's right a lot.
Speaker 1: Of the time. Oh see, she might not know as much about zoom.
Speaker 2: Or you know what it is. It's Mother's Day this weekend, and that was my gift. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 2: You're not going to hear this till like six months later, but.
Speaker 1: Till next month. Yeah, exactly. That was a very nice way. Yeah, to wrap up right before Mother's Day. I forgot that's coming up. I'm sure my kids have forgot too, But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure mine have too.
Speaker 1: I remember Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I think I am at the age where Zoe is, at the age where I was when I forgot to get my mom a Mother's Day card when you're about sixteen, And that was when my mom went to her sister's house in Arizona for a while and was just left. Was like I had been such a and at the time, I was like, what's wrong. Now, if I have a sibling with a house in Arizona, I completely understand why you would be like, I'm just leaving. I don't know when I'm just going, and it's best for all of us for like a few days, maybe a week, maybe more. Yeah, And I just always think about it best because at the time I was like, what an overreaction this is. For years, I thought what a you know, what a ridiculous woman. And now after everything she did for me, and I was such an I was such an idiot, Like I just did so much stupid stuff constantly, and now I think about it and I'm just like, oh, I'm sorry. Yeah, And I remember being like, at least she could do was a card, and I was like, I didn't even think about it. And I just remember that was the most horrifying part where she was like you didn't even think about it and I was like, no, it just didn't really occur to me, Like I just forgot, which is my ADHD brain. And she does not have that sort of brain, like she is a rememberer of things, which again love her for it, because she's very great at like celebrating little moments and always getting a little gifty.
Speaker 1: Or something, and she can hold a grudge.
Speaker 2: But I am not that person, right, so you can pray. I was like, oh, I just forgot, and she was like I can't look at your face right now. And now I'm a parent, and I totally understand when you're like, either you or I need to leave this room right now, but one of us needs to. Yeah, so you know, I know the Mother's Day will be pasted once we uh, once we listen to this episode. But yeah, yeah, if you are missing your mom, we love you. If your mom is there, we love you. If full House and its family members stood in as you'r we love you too. So yeah, just remember.
Speaker 1: So sweet yea, yep, it's a data celebrate people that love each other, Yes, as moms or maternal figures, you know, in whatever form that comes up.
Speaker 2: Or you know dads that do both all of it, you know, whatevers. Just remember to celebrate the people that love you and by them cards because they will take off to Arizona and you won't understand why for like twenty years.
Speaker 1: It does matter, even if you have to just grab a piece of paper from the printer and write on it, write something, do it.
Speaker 2: I swear to you. Your mother needs it desperately, like just some little word of like I don't hate you, you know what I mean. If you're especially if you're like a teenager, just write a note to your mom.
Speaker 1: Thanks for putting up with me. Like that's all. That's all it's needed.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, anyway, thank you, we love you. I can't believe we've made it through another season of Full House so we just are having the best.
Speaker 1: Time doing the show.
Speaker 2: It's just been such a highlight for us. So thank you for joining us for another season. And we will be moving right into season three next week, so stay tuned for more episodes of How Rud Tan Rito's And in the meantime, if you want to find us on Instagram, you can check us out at how rud podcast. Make sure you're also liking and subscribing to how ud podcast wherever you're listening to it so you can get all of the newest episodes as soon as they drop, so that you will be the first to know all things. You know, full house and ab and I related and yeah, and we just we love our fan ritos. So thank you guys so much. Oh, you can send us emails too if you want, at howardpodcast at gmail dot com. If you also have episodes that you we'd love to hear your top two, your bottom two. Yeah, we are very curious to hear what your guys' rankings are too, So make sure you leave comments on the post about this week and we'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 1: And remember, the world is small, but the house is full. There was a lot of pressure on that one because it's the last one of season two.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. Well, it's the last one of season two, and we haven't discussed if we're.
Speaker 1: No, we haven't put out a poll yet about if we want a new a new out a new outro, same outro, Like, what do you want to see Jody Messo? Something new?
Speaker 2: People want?
Speaker 1: What are the fanaritos. What do the fanaritos want, We'll maybe determined.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bye,