Speaker 1: It's the Second Date Update podcast here with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, the home of the Second Date. So we're so glad you're here because it's Tuesday, and now it's just become a regular thing. We're doing your awkward Tuesday phone call. That's where we call someone. Actually you call someone. We just give you advice, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to get it here in a second.
Speaker 1: Come on, hey, And as we go into this, we'd love to see in the comments after three dates, is it okay to give a big surprise free.
Speaker 3: I'm first date?
Speaker 4: I get I'm like, you got something in the mail girl.
Speaker 2: I love that about your host. All right, let us know and sit back and enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: It's awkward, it's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: A lot of times when we're helping out couples in this segment, Yeah, they usually come to us around with the six month mark in their relationship, maybe like a year or two, and they've hit a speed bump.
Speaker 3: But not today.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners says he's sending up smoke signals after date number three three.
Speaker 2: He's already worried.
Speaker 4: Already sign not necessarily the best, but we do need to step in and try and help him out today. So let's talk to Greg. Greg, Welcome to the show man. How you doing.
Speaker 5: What's going on? Everyone?
Speaker 2: Date three man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: She's sketched, bro, why don't you just drop it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my question, Jose Like, why even bother?
Speaker 5: I've actually been thinking about.
Speaker 1: That, but that's on the line right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, So no pressure on us here, obviously. What's this girl's name?
Speaker 6: Her name is, it's a fun name.
Speaker 2: Where'd you meet her online?
Speaker 3: Okay? And so what's the issue?
Speaker 4: I mean, three dates to already have a problem and you reach out to a radio show about it, it can't be good.
Speaker 5: I'm just in a weird situation right now. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, a weird situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love weird situations. That means to be dramatic.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of weird stuff. What's happening?
Speaker 5: So, you know, like I said, we met online, we went on a few dates, but out of nowhere, she just says, hey, like, I have a really big surprise for you.
Speaker 1: And okay, wait before you go further, when did she say that?
Speaker 2: Like via text? In person.
Speaker 5: This is via text, okay.
Speaker 3: And what day of the week was It was a Monday Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It's like is she says a surprise date? Like do you know?
Speaker 5: No? Like during the afternoon, she's like, hey, I have a big surprise for you. I've been working on after.
Speaker 3: Just three dates.
Speaker 5: That's adorable. She's handmaking something sound someone new does anything by hand for you.
Speaker 3: It's so nice.
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: What Why are you scared? Why do you sound scared of a surprise?
Speaker 3: You're just not like surprises.
Speaker 5: I was actually thinking about ghost Singer pretty soon. But if she gives me like a big gift, like a big surprise, now I'm going to feel bad. I won't be able to do that. I'm going to feel bad.
Speaker 3: Why love that little parting gift for your time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so funny you assume big. It could be so tiny.
Speaker 3: That's actually big.
Speaker 5: She makes a good point.
Speaker 7: It could just be like like free tickets or something.
Speaker 3: I found your real father.
Speaker 5: And that's what we have.
Speaker 1: On the other line, do you feel like you're being guilted into staying with her?
Speaker 5: I'm just playing this out in my mind, and let's just say if it is something big, I can't get rid of her, Like, I'm just I'm now going to be obligated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but what if Okay, Okay, it's a good look, isn't it? Like what happened to people just being direct with each other and saying, after you find out this prize, I'm sorry, I can't accept this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not where I'm at in the relationship.
Speaker 3: We all wish we could move back to the nineteen sixties. That's not how the world works anymore. No, but it's true.
Speaker 4: You can say, hey, look, I love the surprises too, and I love presence. Why don't we save them and we'll both give each other surprises down the road.
Speaker 5: This girl is so amped about giving me this gift right now, Like, I don't know if I can dial it back even if I tried.
Speaker 3: I know I'm a gift giver.
Speaker 2: I want to know what it is, so I'm excited to so im.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're not you're not saying that you're definitely gonna end it with Gianna. You just don't want to be guilted into staying longer than you're ready to commit to exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're we doing? Are we asking her? What the gift is, and then we hang up if it's not.
Speaker 2: Good enough, And it sounds like he's more scared if it's too good.
Speaker 4: Oh, what advice specifically are you looking for?
Speaker 5: Listen? I just want to know what it is, like if it's a big.
Speaker 3: Surprise, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just wantn't know because if it's a big gift, and that just kind of puts my mind in the frame that was like, Okay, this is going to at least be like another.
Speaker 4: Three months a car, dude, then you're keeping her.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: He has a boy.
Speaker 5: No one should be giving anyone's big gifts after three dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, unless you're both on the same page about it.
Speaker 3: But rather, would you rather it's like a car, like a song she made for you? You know, you don't know if it's big.
Speaker 4: We don't know if it's just a key chain that she had like personalized to have his name on it, So it could be anything that's cute.
Speaker 1: But if it's a small gift, like Jeff is suggesting, would you continue to date her or are you gonna want to end things?
Speaker 5: I hope it's just a crappy surprise. That way, I could just ditch.
Speaker 2: Her feel so sad.
Speaker 4: A relationship lies in the balance right now, we're gonna find out he's doing all the talking, by.
Speaker 1: The way, right, it's better for her if you just ditch her, like no, because what.
Speaker 4: If he he has like a monkey, a live monkey.
Speaker 5: You bought him. Yeah, I don't think it's sad because I keep getting texts says he's working on it, right, So what's a project? Yeah, I think she's with this.
Speaker 2: Your own song?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be terrible. Let's let's come back. That would be Let's make her sing it. We're going to come back.
Speaker 4: We'll give you a little bit of advice on what we think you should do before we let you call your you're not even girlfriend, it's a new fling, Gianna and find out what surprise she has planned coming up when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Everybody loves the person who blows the big surprise, and today.
Speaker 3: That's all of them.
Speaker 4: We're helping out one of our listeners, Greg, who's been out on three dates with a girl named Gianna, wasn't really feeling it with her in fact, kind of planned on ghosting, to be honest, until she told him that she has been planning.
Speaker 3: A big surprise just for him.
Speaker 4: Greg's worried if it's really cool that he's not going to be able to.
Speaker 7: Ghost because he's a He's a good guy who is guilty.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to get roped into a relationship for months and months.
Speaker 3: Nobody needs that, right alexis right.
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 4: So Greg is about to call her, but wants our advice first on how to get Gianna to just open up and tell him what the big surprise is so he can just know. Jose please share your wisdom with Greg. What should he do here?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jeffrey Wisdom. Well, you gotta tell her. I know we've been on a few days, but I should share.
Speaker 4: Something with you. Surprises give me anxiety. So all I would like is just a hint because I don't want to ruin the surprise.
Speaker 3: But I do like to ease some of my anxiety.
Speaker 2: Is a hinting and tell him enough the.
Speaker 4: Anxiety, Greg, can you and you say that you actually have anxiety?
Speaker 5: I have anxiety that I haven't broken up with her yet.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, I do feel like anyone who calls us is anxious?
Speaker 3: Yea channel that maybe into this phone call?
Speaker 2: Brooke, what do you think I hate ruining surprises. I love surprises.
Speaker 4: Unless it's your husband surprising you with a barbershop quartet in the studio.
Speaker 3: You did not like that, I did it, So that's your advice.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess like, if worse comes to worse, you just lie and say that you already found out.
Speaker 2: Maybe she'll just tell you, oh, you know about blame.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not bad advice. What do you think?
Speaker 5: Greg? Yeah, I'm better off of playing anxiety card on this one. Okay, I can use the other one if I get desperate enough.
Speaker 1: I had a nickel for every time a man told me that, oh wait, wait, wait, let's.
Speaker 4: Figure out, because always the men's desperate option, I think.
Speaker 3: Okay, go figure it out?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, Greg, not if that was uplifting or not, but we're gonna a dial Gianna for you and let you make this call. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out what surprise she's been planning for you.
Speaker 3: Really excited it's for you?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: We got you, man, I'm dialing her number right now here we go?
Speaker 6: All right, Hello, Gianna Graig, Hey, I've been having.
Speaker 5: What's what's that? Nothing?
Speaker 8: You just calls them a different number. I was just wondering where you're calling from. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm well, I'm doing well. Listen. There's something I wanted to talk to you about, you know, the surprise that you you had mentioned. I've been giving it a lot of thought, and I'm so appreciative that you you put something together. But I got it.
Speaker 8: You're going to love it.
Speaker 5: You're going to love it, right, So listen. I'm We've only been going out for you know, a couple of times in a few weeks. There's something I haven't told you that I think I need to share.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm listening. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, I suffer from severe anxiety and surprises. Surprises are like one of one of the triggers for that. Oh yeah, no, no, yeah, oh my god. Unfortunately, I don't know if I can handle.
Speaker 8: It, Greg Oh my god, no, like I had no clue. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they give me medicine for it too.
Speaker 8: Only for surprises the anxiety, or is it like just for anything, you know?
Speaker 5: The surprises are like the big trigger.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh gosh, oh my god, this is such a trigger. Oh yeah, I I mean, what do you mean? Like, I don't know what to do. I don't know. I've never been in a situation. I'm sorry, Greg.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you could just kind of tell me a little bit about it, what it is our hand, that would really really help.
Speaker 8: Oh well, you know, I really can't say. I really want to, but is it really going to help you?
Speaker 5: Are? Yeah? Absolutely? It gets really bad my anxiety.
Speaker 8: Are you triggering now?
Speaker 5: I'm kind of short of breath and.
Speaker 8: Just okay, no, no, no, sit down, just just are you sitting down? Sit down? Good? Okay? Are you ready for this because I'm going to tell you part of it? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 8: All right? So you really love it? I booked you at Dennis appointment.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Remember you tell me you haven't been in a long time, so I booked it for you.
Speaker 5: Wow, I know.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll tell you a little bit more. Also, I also got you a dermatologist because I wanted to do like everything at one time, like the mouth and hole face everything facially just because you did all that. Yeah, I'm actually trying to get you an appointment for tsa pre check too.
Speaker 4: YESTU also made you a tax appointment for next year.
Speaker 2: I actually thought it was an insult until we got to the TSA pre check.
Speaker 8: Same same Wait, wait, what is happening? Who are these people?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 4: These people are an entire radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: We're his Surprise Therapists Center there for support surprises.
Speaker 8: No, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 8: What is going on, Craig, what is going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So these people are really and they okay, hold on, let them cook. They kind of helped me with like tough decisions. Yeah, I kind of brought them into kind of help me out.
Speaker 8: So were you lying about the anxiety for surprises or something?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 8: Why? Why do they need to help you out?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, I wasn't lying. I get super nervous about stuff.
Speaker 8: Like this, different than so do you like the surprise?
Speaker 5: You know what? Like it? Actually, no one's ever done anything like that for me before it.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, you seem like more the creative type, right, and I'm definitely like more buttoned up. So I thought I would come in help you get a little structure, do some things that I heard you talk about, and give you an act of.
Speaker 4: Service wowing a bit like practical I mean, Greg, that's probably not what you were expecting at all. That is actually kind of a big surprise that she cares enough about you to like set up all this important stuff in your life. I don't how do you feel about it having to make their own appointments?
Speaker 5: No, listen, here's the honest truth. I'm kind of into it. I think that's amazing and it.
Speaker 3: Takes a lot off of his plate now that he doesn't have to do it himself.
Speaker 8: So listen. I'm big on love languages, and I heard that your love language was like acts of service and support, and we had that conversation at our second date. So I'm booking you appointments all over the city. You know. I'm doing this for you, baby, like all over the city.
Speaker 4: Maybe people in relationships should be doing more of these things for each other.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's sweet that that's your active service. But I feel like you're really encroaching on like mom terrorists.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't don't. Her love language is roadkill. She doesn't know what to think about true romance.
Speaker 2: I just be careful.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing. It's not really like mom, because I'm not pain I just wanted to book the appointment. It's like he paid for dinner. He books the dinner date. So I thought I booked some things that I noticed.
Speaker 4: I mean, to me, it sounds like brook has a problem with other people doing things the way that they want to do him Greg.
Speaker 3: Greg seems to like it. Greg is on board with this.
Speaker 5: I'm on board.
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: No, he's saying he likes it.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm just saying for her, it's a slippery slope, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, if you book a coup two moments one day, two years down the road, you're doing all his laundry, washing his dishes, picking up his dirty towel.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the Brooks story of what happened in.
Speaker 2: That is not what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I definitely want things to be romantic between us, right, so of.
Speaker 3: Course, yeah, so maybe you should book a couple's massage for the two of you.
Speaker 2: That is the booking that I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Okay, massages giving me anxiety.
Speaker 2: I don't think he is.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's doing anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think he's truthful about saying.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy that we actually made this call and the two of you have worked it out and you're on the same page that the surprise is a good thing.
Speaker 3: You're going to see each other again, right, I hope.
Speaker 5: So yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: In the lobby of the dentistaurs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's broken Jeffrey in the morning.