Speaker 1: All right, it's time for a brand new Second Date podcast. Thanks for being here with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And I'm just gonna say, one of our listeners today made a very bold request during the Second Date and yes I am still offended. Yeah, okay, okay, I am, but I did agree to it anyway, you did just to help the guy out.
Speaker 2: I love when the listeners know the show that well that they can have you know what I mean, such specific personality request.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear it in just a second.
Speaker 1: But first we got some great comments from our amazing listeners.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: We love reading that. Oh Skyler said, I don't know if you saw this one. I stay up until one to two am to listen to this podcast Splash radio station. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, someday you'll get old Skyler and then you could just listen in the morning. You know the podcasts, you could listen anytime, but I love them.
Speaker 2: I'll do forget people like normally do stay up pretty late like later than yeah, yeah, you make up early.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're early more because I mean, you think it's just a podcast, but we also do a morning radio so we're here early early.
Speaker 3: Any other good ones? Okay, so the user name isn't a name but a number. Okay, let's not read it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna number, but a bunch of numbers, says listening from Puerto Rico every day. My girl can't speak English and I take time to translate in Spanish.
Speaker 3: That's how good we.
Speaker 1: Love it that.
Speaker 4: I have met so many Latino people that have talked to me and been like, we started listening and we've learned.
Speaker 3: English translated for your girlfriends.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Spanish lessons if you want me to broken translate for you, like you'll call on Manzana.
Speaker 1: Think he's gonna take you up on that off. I'm mysterious if he does different voices for each of us.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Spanish men, that can help as well.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna get to what you really came for, and that's a brand new second date.
Speaker 3: It's starting right now.
Speaker 5: Second Date, up Date.
Speaker 6: We've got a loyal listener to the show who says he's been tuning into our second dates for years.
Speaker 3: That's so cool. Thank you, And.
Speaker 6: One of his worst fears finally came true. He had to email us to be in one of his own. His name is Noah, so let's talk to him. Noah, I'm happy you're here, even if you're not glad you came to us for help.
Speaker 3: How you doing today?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty good, guys doing.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is such a double edged sword, right, like, you want to be part of the show, but then don't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, be careful what you wish for.
Speaker 6: Totally Well, we'll try to make this as seamless and gentle on you as possible.
Speaker 5: Let's start with the girl that you met recently. What's her name?
Speaker 7: April?
Speaker 3: April? Okay, all right, strong start. You almost forgot it. I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Nah, I'm just nervous on the air. It's weird. But now you're good.
Speaker 3: You're good man.
Speaker 6: You're doing great so far. Our ratings have never been higher, so thank you. I'm feeling good about it already.
Speaker 5: So let's keep going. How did you meet April?
Speaker 7: We met off an app dating app our.
Speaker 5: Ratings just plummeted. He's gonna need to be more fun, more fun.
Speaker 3: At that moment.
Speaker 5: By the way, we have a live ratings meter.
Speaker 3: Wait, how did you strike up conversation with her?
Speaker 8: The cool thing about apps if you do them right, you have a little bios and you can get a little nuggets from there. And I was able to kind of tap into a couple of things I saw and it was fun.
Speaker 7: But she was funny, you know.
Speaker 8: She doesn't take things too seriously and has that kind of fun perspective on life.
Speaker 7: And that's kind of how I roll. It's I'd like to think that's me.
Speaker 3: Oh that's interesting. I mean that's a cool thing.
Speaker 1: Like you guys match up your vibes or are similar right when.
Speaker 8: You're using the apps, right, that's how they work, right.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's awesome the way you're.
Speaker 4: Like attributing like that, you believed everything in her bio, everything in your bio is legit and everything checked out.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, it's funny when she says something like that she loves the sing.
Speaker 7: I would think that would be a weird thing to lie about.
Speaker 5: Jesus singer.
Speaker 8: True.
Speaker 9: Okay, I love to sing, and that does not mean that you have to be good at it.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is a good segue.
Speaker 8: Actually, So I just said, hey, can I take you somewhere to go sing?
Speaker 7: And she got excited, so.
Speaker 3: Like karaoke, right, Like what's the other option.
Speaker 7: Well, uh yeah, karaoke would have been broke choice.
Speaker 8: So oh wasn't I I chose.
Speaker 7: I chose a baseball game.
Speaker 1: Baseball baseball because of the seventh inning stretch.
Speaker 8: Yes, and now in retrospect it's regretful, but that's that's exactly it.
Speaker 7: Of course, she was.
Speaker 8: Bored out of her mind, and I just I don't know, maybe I built it up too much or something about the singing part, and that's on me.
Speaker 6: No, No, I know you can't see Brooke right now in the studio, but she has never looked more confused and concerned in her entire life.
Speaker 9: Just the connection between baseball and singing. I've never heard anyone make that connection. Like, do you go that hard with take me out to the ballgame but you consider it a performance?
Speaker 5: Do you not go that hard with a book?
Speaker 8: You know, it's something that is fun and you know, interactive and quite honestly, like the singing's there kind of as an option. But like if she didn't want you, she didn't have to.
Speaker 3: The baseball game is a great date.
Speaker 1: It's just like if she didn't know that's where she was going, did you tell her?
Speaker 7: Not so much?
Speaker 8: I was just trying to keep it mysterious and you know, cool and have a little guessing game. And I mean I went I was all in. I was like super stitious with a specific chair.
Speaker 3: The focus like for your teams.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was really into it.
Speaker 5: I think this is great.
Speaker 6: Don't listen to everybody like trying to poke holes in your date idea and say that it was horrible or like not well, idea. He's not getting a call back right now, so he thinks maybe that was the reason.
Speaker 5: We don't know and he doesn't know.
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 8: I thought she would be playful with it, and I think it was cute, cool whatever, But no, it was more.
Speaker 1: It, did you guys make it to the seventh inning stretch to finally get to the singing time?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And and she was like when are we singing?
Speaker 6: So is it something like she doesn't know that in baseball the seventh in like in between your everybody sings a song together.
Speaker 7: He did not know that.
Speaker 8: Now you assume this is gonna be That's why I thought that would be cool.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I know that, so now you say it, I've seen it happen, but I didn't know.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing people look forward to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, happy lacrosse game.
Speaker 8: Okay, here's the deal. You know, you guys have done it's very like contagious and you get there and yeah yeah yeah. And it was more just a symbolic gesture, right like.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, did you have any fun?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I did have fun, but she didn't really have fun, which is why.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you just want to redo.
Speaker 7: That's a great word.
Speaker 8: I love a redo, and I need some help, you know, convincing her to do that. But I kind of have a rule for Brooks.
Speaker 5: Show a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, stop you right there, sir. I do not listen to rules brook.
Speaker 5: Just hear it. Just hear him out.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's a big listener to our show.
Speaker 5: Now he deserves heard.
Speaker 8: You say this on the show that some of the guys like, don't say oh how much he loves spending time with you, or he had such a great time with you, like, don't make me sound simpish.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: He liked you, Like just make me sound yeah.
Speaker 3: I see, like he's pretty indifferent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's got.
Speaker 3: So many options.
Speaker 2: That's why he called a radio show.
Speaker 5: Yeah we're talking.
Speaker 6: I mean this is going to be the easiest second date we've ever done. If you talk like that to her when we get April on the phone.
Speaker 3: God, I wouldn't go out with him.
Speaker 5: I think you're leaning too much the other way. Now that guy's the worst. Okay, now you're.
Speaker 6: Jumping off the deep end. We need to find the happy medium. When we come back and reach out to April for your second date update, we'll do it right after this hold.
Speaker 5: On second date update.
Speaker 6: We're in the middle of a second date update, and for maybe the first time ever, one of our listeners made a polite request of Brooke.
Speaker 4: It was, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not the one that ruins dates for people.
Speaker 6: You're screaming already and we're barely even well, whatever it is, I just just hear this house.
Speaker 3: That is my disappointed voice.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, Well even that it's coming off a little harsh, because he has asked if Brooke can please, if we get this girl on the phone, not make him sound like a total simp by.
Speaker 1: Simply just not saying that he likes her.
Speaker 2: He's gonna regret he didn't ask you to stop saying other things. Besides that, I don't need anyone to.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Noah, Noah, is a regular listener to our show, and he's noticed that sometimes your sales pitch can make the guy sound a little bit desperate.
Speaker 5: It is so funny. I wish you could just the way.
Speaker 3: You guys a little bit desperate already.
Speaker 5: This is not a good look right here.
Speaker 3: Want to know I can do this from what.
Speaker 5: I could understand.
Speaker 6: Noah wants you to make him sound like he is just a regular dude, so little confused, just wants to.
Speaker 5: Know what's up. But hey, not a big deal either way. No, is that right?
Speaker 7: That's exactly on the nose when it comes to chill.
Speaker 3: I am the chillest. Okay, you don't want Brooke to make you sound cool?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I hype alexis up all the time, and look how cool people think she is.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, no, we're going to try our best. But I'm dialing April's number right now.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with April.
Speaker 10: This is April.
Speaker 5: Hey, April, thanks for picking up the phone.
Speaker 3: That seems like a little much, Jeffrey.
Speaker 10: Oh, there's more than one of you.
Speaker 5: Hi, we're not addressed.
Speaker 10: But do I know you?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you know us.
Speaker 6: We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: I'd say hi, April, but I know, if I'm allowed to, I don't know how not to be myself.
Speaker 5: You don't have to say anything, just April April.
Speaker 10: Oh god, I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: We do a segment on this show. It's called Second Date Update.
Speaker 5: Okay. Most people to have.
Speaker 6: That reaction when we tell on Second Date Update. But I don't know if you've heard of it.
Speaker 9: I mean, I've seen it on TikTok and it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 5: You always like to scroll up if you don't want to watch them.
Speaker 10: I mean I do usually scroll past them because I hate a two parter.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll just go to the podcast and you can get all of it together.
Speaker 2: That sounds desperate.
Speaker 3: It's problem solving, Alexis okay, you.
Speaker 6: Know, podcast and all that stuff aside TikTok whatever. What we're more focused on as one of our listeners who's been trying to get a hold of you.
Speaker 5: His name is Noah, like the.
Speaker 10: Guy went on a date with recently.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, and Brooke, why don't you tell April about Noah?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot of options, and just like wondering why you're not calling him back here?
Speaker 10: We wait, hold on, you guys just called me to tell me that Noah has other options.
Speaker 9: No, no, yeah, he's just chill, you know, Yeah, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: He doesn't really care one way or the other.
Speaker 6: Okay, he has a little bit of stake in the game, am I Right now? I can understand why you would think that, But that's not what's happening. We we just want to know what your take was about your hangout with Noah the other day.
Speaker 10: I mean I thought it was bad.
Speaker 3: Oh oh wait okay.
Speaker 5: Or he wait, I think it was.
Speaker 3: Now The question is when did you start thinking it was bad?
Speaker 10: I mean pretty much as soon as we got there, because I guess he was trying to surprise me. But he I mean, he told me he was going to take me somewhere to sing because he like looked at my profile and we had talked about like that I like to sing and I like used to perform and I don't anymore. So I thought it would be like carryo here and open my night or something, and he it was a baseball game.
Speaker 3: Yeh, he knows. I mean we made it clear that he messed that up.
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, I hate sports, like I just I will never be impressed by watching somebody throw or catch or hit a ball. Like I couldn't care less. I need a plot if I'm going to be watching people do on I think we get it.
Speaker 6: You didn't like his choice of date, and that's totally fine.
Speaker 5: You're allowed to feel that way.
Speaker 6: But we were more wondering what did you think about Noah, like as a person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the attempt to help you understand the game or was it just fun to like chat with?
Speaker 10: I mean not really. A baseball game is kind of a bad situation for a first day because like you're not even facing each other, and then I'm like, am I supposed to be talking to you? Or am I supposed to be watching the ball?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 2: I have heard that from a lot.
Speaker 11: I mean, I don't go to games, so I don't know what the vibe is, gotcha.
Speaker 6: Okay, look, April, I know this is kind of a weird thing where we just blindside you and ask you all these questions. So thank you for opening up to us. The one thing that you may or may not realize is Noah is also here on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 10: Oh great, this is actually the fun.
Speaker 5: Part, April, where no one up.
Speaker 9: No, it'sah, No, now's your time to come in and act cool.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Noah, Hey, hey, April, Noah.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 10: I mean weird?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: It is weird. The day was weird. Everything's weird.
Speaker 10: It is weird now, huh.
Speaker 8: Well and listen on that. On that note, let me just this is something I've been hoping to say to you. So I knew that singing was just something you love to do, and I was not trying to put pressure on you. I was trying to do the exact opposite by taking you somewhere to do something in your comfort zone and have fun.
Speaker 7: And I'm you know, I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 8: Glad though that I was able to hear how you felt, because it helps put things in perspective for me.
Speaker 3: That was some emotional maturity right there.
Speaker 5: Are you into emotional maturity, April?
Speaker 11: Sure? I just I am confused about you saying you picked a place based on my interest in singing being the specific thing, and well.
Speaker 8: It's all game, I understand, and obviously, looking back on it, it wasn't the smartest thing. I was trying to do something unique, something safe.
Speaker 6: So just real quick, what I'm hearing from April is she really wanted to sing on their dates.
Speaker 3: She had her heart on it. Yeah, I mean that's you know how that can feel.
Speaker 8: Totally.
Speaker 6: So this is what I'd like to offer, and it's one hundred percent up to her. But in front of a nationwide audience listening all across the country, April, pressure, April, seriously, no pressure. We would like to give you the chance to sing right now on our show. Finally get it out there and show Noah what he missed out on again. Totally, it's totally up to you. You can do it or not do it, but here's your shot.
Speaker 5: Sounds excited.
Speaker 10: I mean I wanted to sing last week and I didn't get to, So I mean, I.
Speaker 6: Guess it's better late than never, all right, sing take me up to the ballgame in three Well, let's maybe maybe a nonsports.
Speaker 3: You know that she ever knew that that song you sing?
Speaker 5: Whatever's in your heart?
Speaker 10: Okay, something's got to hold on me lately.
Speaker 5: Wow, I want to go to open mic with you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's amazing, amazing, dude, that was sexy, that was hot, that was like, that was hot.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It helps.
Speaker 10: My voice is a little scratchy today. It makes me sound better.
Speaker 4: Song.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you just did it on the fly. That's crazy impressives.
Speaker 6: So, April, I know this has been a lot, but we would like to send you out on another date.
Speaker 5: It could be like a karaoke.
Speaker 10: Date, or we can wait, hold on just a second.
Speaker 11: What you're acting me out for him? Noah, ask me yourself.
Speaker 10: Tell me you're taking me to karryok and I want to too.
Speaker 1: I like this girl.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Okay, you know no, I guess you're up.
Speaker 7: April.
Speaker 8: Will you please go out on another day with me and have some sushi, have some fun and please sing as well.
Speaker 7: Please we'll do karaoke and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: Fine, all right, congratulations.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys. Thank you, April and Brooke, thank you. And I think you kind of came through for me there.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: He was so hard for me.
Speaker 5: You didn't throw a guy underneath the table.
Speaker 3: Well done, brot the table. I want to tell how much.
Speaker 8: That they are like.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey in the morning. All right, here's the good news. They said.
Speaker 9: Yes, Oh my god, I want to It'll be really cool about it, but I really wanted to name that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were so cute.
Speaker 5: It turned out to be actually a good match.
Speaker 6: The bad news though, and this isn't necessarily for me, but there are fifteen more requests on the text board from guys wanting Brooke to do something better or improve in the second date up.
Speaker 5: I knew we were gonna open that gain.
Speaker 3: I'm not listening to any of y'all. Okay, I lay by my own rules and I am myself.
Speaker 5: I can't have it.
Speaker 3: I can't be anybody else, Jeff, It's just who I am.
Speaker 5: No one's asking you to be anybody else. Oh, just a better version of you.
Speaker 3: There is no cool or chill inside this body.
Speaker 5: I say.
Speaker 6: Any feedback is good feedback, right, Brooke.
Speaker 5: They're invested in you and your success. All they want to see you do is be good.
Speaker 6: Block Okay, well, you can still try doubt chill listen, but keep your requests coming into seven, eight, five, nine two. If you want help with your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second Day podcasts wherever you.
Speaker 5: Get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: We're up on YouTube so if go subscribe and also Apple, Spotify, anywhere.
Speaker 5: We're chill about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't sound like it right now.
Speaker 5: Jeff totally come up Brook
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey in the morning