Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. If you need advice and relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEVARVFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: You never know, Ladies, Jemmy, it's time for the Strawberry Little My good friend, Shirley.
Speaker 1: Strawberry, Thank you, my good friend. Junior subject Boogie wonder Land. Dear Stephen, Shirley, my husband and I have owned a lounge for almost ten years, and over the years it's transitioned into a few different things. We used to sell fish and wings. Then we stopped doing food and went to a live jazz and wine tasting. No one came to that, so we started catering to the younger crowd, and that was a big problem because they don't know how to act. So four years ago my husband decided to make it an old school lounge and we put in shag carpet and hanging plants to make it like the seventies. The neighborhood where the lounge is has gotten pretty bad over the years, but we wanted to keep it in the area because it's where my husband grew up. All of his old friends and his family come to the lounge and hang out, and he doesn't charge them for drinks at all. All of the men have nicknames, and they want to come to the lounge to cheat on their wives and play spades with women that don't mind messing with married men. My husband is cool with it all as long as the lounge has people in it. I'm not in the business of running boogie Wonderland with old people that don't spend money. We have no smoking signs, but my husband will not enforce it because his uncle comes in there and smokes. I found out last week that my husband allowed a group of folks to bring in a crock pot and put and cats rolls for a birthday party. I'm sure he lets them bring in their own alcohol too. It's time for us to close the Boogie Wonderland. How do I convince my husband to let it go for good? Well, it sounds like you're in to the Boogie Wonderland for business, but your husband uses it to kick it with his friends and family. And not for profit. Making money doesn't seem like a priority to him now, does it. It's his social hangout, so it will be hard to convince him to let the business go. Clearly, you're ready to go, and you're right, there's no way you can make money. But the way your husband is running things, it's time for you guys to get out before you start losing all your money because giving away free drinks and letting people bring in their own own drinks and food will be a disaster for your business. You and your husband need to have a serious conversation about where this business is going, and you got to let him know how you feel.
Speaker 3: Steve, just let her flat out. Just don't make no sense. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, what your husband's in it for is not for the business of making money. I don't know what you'all bottom line look like, your p and L all this here. I don't know what your return investment is. I don't know how much it costs to run the place. I don't know how much in free alcohol he's given away versus how much he's making. You didn't say if it was profitable at all, but it don't sound like it is. Y'all have no rules of regulation for this place. Y'all just open up. Let people do what they They are not cooking food. Y'all used to sell wings and fish and y'all stopping. Then y'all went to live jazz and wine tasters. Where they work at? Where do live jazz and wine tastings work at in the hood.
Speaker 3: That's not a you know, and y'all calling it a lounge.
Speaker 2: You have a tavern. This is a tabbn. This is a place where old people go tabbing. This place, let me tell you some this's places in the hood where old people go taverns uh vfw hall. That's another place, whelled bingo. Now they not that they make it Bengal, but your husband ain't. That's transition to a few things over you your live jazz and wine tation. Nobody came to that. Then y'all started catering to the younger crowd. I don't know why you surprised it, but this that was a big problem because they don't know how to act. Duh, duh. Come on, now you know what this happened. You know what happens at these places. So four years ago, your husband decided to make it an old school lounge, so you put in shag carpet and hanging plants, and you know that it's gotten pretty bad over the years. The neighborhood, y'all got it, put put the place up in. But your husband want to stay there because that's where you're from. All his old friends and family, they come to the lounge and hang out. He don't charge them for drinks at all. So they just in that living it up, kicking it. They just theyre in the backyard. And then all the men got nicknames.
Speaker 3: Oh I know this.
Speaker 2: Place right here, O t old ot that show for oldest. See, I'll tell you what we do. What give me the old names, and I'll tell you what their nickname is.
Speaker 1: Ralph, Ralph, Ray, Ray, Earl e.
Speaker 2: Herman, he Dog, I know all the nickname I got. We got Jerome, Jerome Roamy. Yeah, yeah, y'all know what this is. When we come back, I'll show you the nicknames of the rest of these people, and we're gonna talk about because they want to come to the lounge with these nicknames to cheat on their wives and play spades with women that don't mind messing around with married nick We're gonna find out who these women are, what their name is, what the nickname is, and how they're working out these arrangements while they playing spades, and they don't put up the no smoking signs. But his uncle coming now in.
Speaker 1: Smoke, uh huh. And he said nothing, yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Don't say it.
Speaker 2: And everybody scared of his uncle, say anybody.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, listen, his uncle is actually he don't well. Have Fortune's response coming up in twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letters subject Boogie Wonderland. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Do you ever notice your flora still looks dirty even after you mop? Power Mop gives you a deeper clean you can see and feel. Unlike stream mops, Swift for power Mop absorbs more dirt and locks it away even and hard to reach places like behind the toilet. The new micro scrubbers deliver thousands of tiny, deep cleaning actions for results that look, smell, and feel clean. No more dirty floors. Try the Swift for power Mop. Love it or your money back?
Speaker 1: All right? Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is Boogie Wonderland one of your favorite songs by Earth Running Fire.
Speaker 2: It is a great song of mine and the emotion oh yeah, as wonderful group. H This wife got a problem with her husband. They've owned a lounge in their neighborhood for quite some time where he grew up and as obviously not making money because it used it as a hangout for his free as in family that he doesn't charge for drinks. He ain't got no rules established in now, he got no smoking signs up. But his uncle, Herman, who they call affectionately heat Dog, he dog coming there and smoke anyway. So don't nobody say that because everybody kind of scared of him. You know, he been locked up four times. Everybody kind of lead heat Dog alone. So he coming in there smoking because he dog talking about how to heal. We can't smoking lines. We smoke in jail. You know when that stayed logic, you kind of have to I don't even understand it here jail. I don't even understand it here. If you finish die, you had last request you had for a cigarette?
Speaker 3: I can't have for a cigarette in here? How do they work?
Speaker 2: Now? Now, she's also upset because they've made the loud several things. They used to sell fishing wings and they stopped doing that, so they turn it into a live or jazz and wine tasted. Now, if they wasn't paying for that E and j and they wasn't paying for that that crown and that Jack Daniels, What the hell make you think they've fin to come in here and listen to jazz and buy wine? What what neighborhood is? They just down there buying wine. They got some shot blee and so that's what shot than they?
Speaker 3: You know, they whine, ain't really you know, they drinking.
Speaker 2: You're trying to charge for man of shivets and dog and any green springs, don't really wild irish rose?
Speaker 3: That don't you got the thunderbird?
Speaker 2: You got hood drink? You Mickey's a on you trying to charge. Ain't nobody buying that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Now they're down there doing, yeah, the hanging plants and shag carpet and turn onto an old school. And now y'all got wicked chairs and them bushes.
Speaker 3: That people they put you next to wicked chairs.
Speaker 2: And got that airbrush painting of that nineteen forty Cadillac in the back room. You know, everybody posing that said that one kneeling down and they got their leaning up against that chair on the back of the big wicker chair with the circle back. Yeah, they actually plumes. You got them plumes back there, and then everybody take a picture. You know, women ain't what they was, The men ain't what they were. The me ain't got nicknames. And so give me some old names, and I'll tell you what their nicknames are. Johnny, Johnny, Jojo Jojo or so but Jojo. That's Johnny, Willy Willy, Well, see Willy could go a lot of different ways. I had several.
Speaker 3: Different and it could be just Willy. It could be big Will. Yeah, it could be w La. You know what w La that were lay all see all, see all.
Speaker 2: My favorite hood name is Craig. Yeah, Craig, Craig. That's sea dog. Craig is sea dog. So you know, now the Dayton needs who Stanley, Oh, that's Sway Stanley, Stanley Sway, Melvin Eminem mhm. And now they're in here, they dating these women that they play spades with down there that don't care about Dayton married men. So all the husbands down there cheating on their wives with these cheating women. Now, you know we got to go over that. This this is all Bernard deck Burn. The debt is down there. That's a hard name. Odetta. Yeah, Oldetta cheat and and everybody scared of Oldetta. Bernice. Bernice down there do like she wanta do.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brenda is good, but Brenda cool.
Speaker 2: She ain't really made up her mind yet. But she just down there for farm. But everybody won't. Brenda, Colissa, Clarissa, it's down there just going through her husbands.
Speaker 3: What about Betty?
Speaker 2: Betty, Betty worked behind the bar. Thelma ain't really doing much or nothing. She want somebody to date her, but she herself too early. Pretty much cool. Yeah, she got in there, thirsty. She hanging on hoping somebody holler at her. And then you gotta feel feel down there. Everybody want She got new weed. She went down there to the beauty supply and came in on and she got that hot one, that blonde one. So that's what's happening down at the lounge. Show's got one more names, Got one more name, Go ahead, Audrey, Audrey jets playing with nobody. She down there talking about everybody.
Speaker 1: Leave your comments on today's letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good. Now coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk Junior right after.
Speaker 3: This, what's going on?
Speaker 2: This is Kevin Hart, and I want to thank everybody for listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.