Speaker 1: Td Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call it, touchdown, one thing's for sure, touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. After you saw your Houston Texans take down to Chicago Bears nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: I am your favorite o't shan and sharp Key is your favorite Number eighty five, The Route Runner Extraordinary, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Artery His Bengals zero and two.
Speaker 2: You know the Pro Bowler, the All Pro Liberty City is own.
Speaker 1: That's Chad oh Jo Siko Java not do it a favor right now, Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts, Every subscriber matters, and we thank you for mattering because that's how we become the Nightcap that you know and love. So thank you again. Please go out and get Shaved by Laportier. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, you can order from my e commerce site and we'll ship it directly to your door. So thank you guys for supporting Shade by Laportier. Also, go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shape Shaped Media and my clothing company that's eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Guys, we release some shirts last week. Obviously, we had the tour t shirts and we had some shirts that came out on Wednesday night, Thursday, and Friday.
Speaker 2: Tonight is the last night you're gonna be able to order those teas.
Speaker 1: Noon tomorrow is to cut off and they'll be no longer in existence. So thank you guys for your support in that endeavor. Eighty four dot com is the link that's pinned at the top of the chat where you can go buy your T shirts. Oh, Cho, let's get right into it because we got a jam packed show tonight. The Texans hold on and beat the Chicago Bears nineteen thirteen. They did a great job of getting after Caleb Williams. They sacked him seven times, they picked him off twice, They did a great job of confusing him with their coverages, and they hold on to win nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: Big hits in the second half, and he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna learn, o Cho, some of the throws, A lot of the throws that he got away with in college, you can't get away with him in the NFL.
Speaker 2: They'll make you pay for him.
Speaker 1: And another thing, when you're heading to the sideline, you know how like college, got a pull up and let you.
Speaker 2: Run on out of bounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not gonna do that in the NFL because they want an accumulation of licks. They want that to add up. So the first quarter you might pop right up like that didn't hurt the second quarter Yeah, we're feeling good, but they keep putting enough of them on you on the third and the fourth quarter, and over the course of the season, they're gonna add up. Caleb, you gotta run like when you make a detoy, like you going out of bounds. O Joe, We're going to get on enough out of bounds. They're not playing. They gonna get if they get that they get that close to you. O yo. Because you don't have the protection of the pocket. You're a runner, you're running back. They're gonna lay wood on you.
Speaker 2: Ojo. What'd you take from this ball game? Listen?
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the ball game. Listen, Kayleb Williams. What he has to do. He has to learn and protect the ball. Learn to protect the ball, learn to live to see another play some of those deep throws.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: I like what we're able to do as far as his escapability, Oh, you know, being able to extend plays, trying to make plays down the field to try to get his team into the game.
Speaker 5: But you can't. You can't do it.
Speaker 4: You can't do it obviously, like college, sometimes some of those receivers were wide open, were able to dodge.
Speaker 5: The d tackles.
Speaker 4: And the d tackles and the guards that might have that might have gotten through. But you know, these players, these players are coverage. Sometimes you throw it in the in a in a double coverage. Sometimes you're throwing way. He had one one throw on he threw way across his body from the right half.
Speaker 2: All the way back the field and got picked.
Speaker 4: Yea, it's not it's not gonna work sometimes, listen, just throw them all away and live to see another down. I mean, other than that, listen, they pressured him. They pressured him a lot, you know. Uh, they fooled him with with some of the coverages. And other than that, I mean, it was a good game.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 4: I actually enjoyed the game because towards the end the Bears actually had a chance to come back and win.
Speaker 5: It got very interesting. It's funny how that always works. You know that.
Speaker 1: You ever noticed that, I do, because the thing you ever seemed like the textan was going in to put the game away. The ball everybody go in and go touchdown. Oho, they're about to go up two scores. They're about to put the game game away. Game Yeah, And that's what you have to guard against because if you think about it oho, more teams lose games than teams win games.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, there's more a lot more losing than winning.
Speaker 1: Now we know at the end of the day, they're gonna have to have somebody's gonna have to win. And left the game ends of the tie. But you go back and look, you look at it like, okay, this was a direct correlation to why we lost the game. And you know, like you said, Caleb Walliams, I think he has a great His escapability is unbelievable. He can make every throw. He just has to understand this is in college. Everybody, everybody at this level is a lead, even if they're you know, there's tears to it, but you're talking about the best of the best. You only got sixteen hundred men in the world of eight billion people that do what you do. Yeah, sixteen hundred of eight billion. That's a very, very minute percent of men that can play this game at the highest level. And the things you got away with in college, more time than not, nine times out of ten, they'll make you pay for it.
Speaker 2: And he learned.
Speaker 1: You know, when you have success doing something, oh yo, what you want to do? You want to continue to do it that way? Man, I've always did this is the way I've always done it. Okay, now you're at an an elite level and they make you pay for that.
Speaker 2: The Houston Texans C J.
Speaker 1: Stride was twenty three or thirty six, two sixty one touchdown, he didn't turn the ball over, had three sacks.
Speaker 2: They did a great job on him. I thought they think the biggest difference what I saw from.
Speaker 1: The Houston Texans this week Texans this week as opposed to last week Ojoe, is that their inability to run the football. I think Joe Mixon going down with that, I didn't see did they call did they throw a flag?
Speaker 2: Because that was definitely hip drop tackle. I thought he broke his leg.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh no they didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't think they threw a flag on that one, because on his arms were around his waist.
Speaker 5: His arms weren't weren't.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that's the hip dropping when you drop your weight down. He dropped his weight down, and I thought he broke his leg cause I'm like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: That his right ankle got caught up in. Yes, yeah, but they didn't throw a flag. They didn't throw a flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I thought that was their inability to consistently get a run game, Ojo. I thought that really hurt him and put them in a situation. And uh, you know, give the Chicago I think Chicago had a really good defense.
Speaker 2: I think they're good.
Speaker 1: Offensively, they're just young offensively, but defensively, I thought they did a great job of getting out the CJ. Nico Collins had an unbelievable ball game. Still thought I was trying to find his rhythm. He really couldn't get into a rhythm. But you know, you want to find a way to win a ball game, you win at the end of the day. Yeah, we didn't play our best game, But can you find a way to win when you don't have.
Speaker 2: Your best stuff? That's what they did clearly tonight.
Speaker 1: They didn't have their best stuff, Ojo, But they still find a way to win.
Speaker 2: What did you like about what you saw from the Texans?
Speaker 5: Listen? Obviously, I like what I saw from CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud Man, his poison upocket, his veteran almost like a veteran presence, like a Tom Brady, like a let me see who else is in that pocket, Like they don't care what's around him. Yeah, listen, people flying by his head flying at his ankles. He just right there, just calm and relax as down feel processing whatever he needs to process in front of him. Sometimes he takes the sack obviously when when when there's pressure. But the maturity that c. J. Stroud has and some of the plays he's he's been able to make, obviously not being really much of a dual threat quarterback, but being able to escape the pocket when need being extend plays was was was really good tonight. Obviously he didn't have the passing day he would like. Nego Collins made some really good plays and run after Kittle and other than that, Tankdale tried to get it, tried to get in the rhythm. He wasn't as effective a night. The same with Stefan Diggs, but they gonna have eight days. As Nego Colin continues to get big, to put up yard and have games like he did today.
Speaker 5: Obviously, come next week, Okay, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna were gon, We're gonna double.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do yeah, and then here go Tank and here go Stephan having having a day, so teams are gonna have to pick their poison. But as long as c. J. Shroud is playing like he's playing, not turn the ball over, being able to facilitate and get the ball, get the ball to the player, get the ball to the players that are open instead of forcing forcing the ball like brother Caleb William.
Speaker 5: Was doing tonight. Yeah, they're gonna be all right.
Speaker 4: And basically, to me, c this Shroud is basically just picking up where he left off last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think the thing is O Joe when he doesn't throw for three hundred yards like he did last year every game a man, he in a sophomore slump. No, I mean teams are better prepared for him. He's doing a great job of not turning the ball over. You gotta pick and choose your battles. Okay, I'll take a slack here, I'll throw the ball away there. The one thing I can't do is put my teams in harm way. As long as I don't put my team in harm with, I'm gonna make you beat me. If you go back and look at the Patriots, What did the Patriots make you do that made you beat them? Tom was not gonna put the ball in harm's way. They were not gonna have a whole lot of costly mistakes. Now they have a bunch of penalties though, shoe, you know, penalties that get.
Speaker 2: You beat too.
Speaker 1: Now, I think they have eleven or twelve penalties. You gotta be careful of those. They start to add up, and so a lot of times they come at the most inopportune times. We saw we're gonna talk about your team today that that one penalty. Look at when it came. All penalties aren't created equal. All turnovers aren't created equal. A turnover in the first quarter is a lot different than a turnover in the fourth quarter. So with that being said, I like what I'm saying. I think, Look, I think it's Houston, Texas, considering when you look around, all you gotta do is paying around the AFC. Yeah, the Chiefs right now aren't playing chief football. They're not the dominant team Canada, Cincinnati, oh and two, the Ravens oh and two. All right, Texans too and oh so they like, hold on, We we feel pretty good with where we sit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, listen, it's it's only we too.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: We got a long season ago.
Speaker 4: And when you think about it, you know, the way I look at it is is you play football in different halves. You got the first half of the season September October. You got the back half of the season where it's not cutting time we'll really count. And I don't really think already started until after goddamn Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is about at the season that started till to get cold. Well, it doesn't get cold in that dome in Houston, and they've already they've already gone to Indy. So they went up into the division. They got a win over division opponent, which is Indy. And guess what uh isn't Jacksonville?
Speaker 2: Oh and two? Uh Indy?
Speaker 1: Oh and two less than that division? The Titans. Yeah, and the Titans, the Titans and what oh and two they are?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So hey, if I'm in Houston, Texans, tell you what.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: It's only week two, but I'd rather be too and oh to knowing too?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, oh yes, right, you know they didn't be the just they just did be the titles to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just beat them. And so you know, I got a two game lead, don't yoe, I got a two game lead. And so I think this Houston Texas, I like I said, I liked what I saw. I think they're well coached. They got They got guys on the defensive line that can get out there. They can put pressure. They're really the gun on the back end. I like Stingley Junior, but because they can pressure you, Danielle Hunter, uh Will Anderson Junior. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, they they got they got some players. They got some player though, Joe. They got some players that can go get that can go get the quarterback and hunt the quarterback. Mario Edwards Jr. They got guys that can you know, you know, I mean, and he will frank pressure. He will me will frank pressure. But he has a front foward that's rotational, and they can go get your quarterback. They can confuse him. Call you some problems. But I like what I see this team. But I'm not giving up on the Bears just yet. I think the Bears have a great young team. And I know DJ Board got frustrated. Oh Joe, you're not playing with a rookie quarterback. You're a veteran receiver. You know you Hey, you wanted how you want it. He's trying to figure things out. It's flying a thousand miles an hour. I done got hit first of all, he got sacked seven times. How many times did he get hit? How many times did he have to break break four or five tackles in the backfield? O Joe only to get two yards? So he like, man, it wasn't like this in the USC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, he gonna be all right though. Listen, if you watch kalyb Walliams play, No matter what you may think they might be owing to, but it's promising. Is promising as a quarterback being the most difficult position, no, the most important positions to play, which is also difficult as a rookie. He's going to be okay. He has all the intangibles, he has all the all the tools that are needed to be successful, which is why even though they're owing to, there're still glimpses, glimpses of hope for him and how good he's going to be. All he has to do is be better with the ball in some of his decision making and not not not start turning the ball over for no apparent reason at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the one thing he's gonna have to eliminate, because that's what that's what gets you beat on Joe. It's because it's hard enough. I mean, because now you're not even you're not even giving yourself a chance because they're gonna say they're gonna get X amount of possessions. Now you create even more possession for them, and less possession for you, less time of possession for you, and you know you're probably gonna put them on a short field.
Speaker 2: So that's something that's definitely gonna have to be a mindful of. O Joe.
Speaker 1: But man, what do we got here? Let me pull up. Let's go to the chief beat the Bengals as butler.
Speaker 5: Hell nah, hell hell nah, hell nah nah. Ain't no, ain't no Chiefs beat no Bengals.
Speaker 4: Ain't nothing no. Let's put an asterisk by that. Let's let's say the ref's help too. Let's say the let's say the refs help too.
Speaker 1: Che's beat the Bingles. Chiefs beat the Bengals twenty six twenty five. Three turnovers wasn't enough to ruin Kansas City at home. They maintained their points still managed to put together a balance attack. They ran the ball for a buck forty nine. Isaiah Pacheco led the way with ninety yards on twenty carries. Patrick Mahoons only had one hundred and fifty one yards passing, plus he turned the ball over twice.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs needed a PI late to win by one.
Speaker 1: Since the Bengals drafted Joe Burrow in twenty twenty, they played the Chiefs six times and each team has won three and the average margin of victory is three point five points. Taking out the Browning game, that that drops the two point six. In fact, Patrick Mahomes and Borrow is the first starting quarterback matchup since nineteen fifty with five straight matchups decided by three or fewer points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, that goddamn game was good, Black it was. That goddamn game was good. Did you watch the un listen chat if you If you saw the Bengals Chiefs game, it was good. Listen. We had about five lead lead changes within the game.
Speaker 4: The goddamn Bengals team I saw today as opposed to what I saw when they played the Patriots last week, was.
Speaker 5: Night and day. It was. It was night and day.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was. It was night and day.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy what I took from it, even though we lost the game because of you know, it was a p I I'm gonna say that chat. I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 5: At the end of the game. That was the passing appearence.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I thought he said it was.
Speaker 5: It was, it was, it was.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of I know a lot of Bengal fans upset, But as a receiver and as a former dB, that was passing appearance. And in that case, you have to do everything you can to not make contact with the receiver, get around and do whatever you can to swipe the hands.
Speaker 5: But it was passing afference. Even though we're upset, it's unfortunate that it always come and when.
Speaker 4: It when it comes to the Bengals in the Super Bowl on Logan Wilson, on Cooper Cup on that fourth down, always at the end of the game when it matters most, a flag is overstrewn when it comes to us for some reason, offensively, we look good, Yoshi.
Speaker 5: Hell of a game today.
Speaker 4: I want them to get Jamar Chase a little bit, a little bit more involved in the game. I want them to get Jamar Chase a little bit more involved in the game. Chase, you got to keep a cool, baby, Chase, Chase, you got to keep you cool.
Speaker 2: What was he upset about? That wasn't a face man? He had pad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. I don't. I'm not sure what he was upset about, but he was upset.
Speaker 2: And that's my first thing, he said, asked, said he thought it was a hip drop.
Speaker 5: Oh, now, when a hip drop just he had him by the shoulder pad.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think Chase understood that right, you know so I understand when he watches it back and he actually sees it and in real time, he'll understand, you know what, my bad. And other than that, the frustration is also building up on him not as being as as productive as you like as well. Uh, that's not forget the hip drop. You're not getting the catches in the balls you need and deserve because I'm gonna tell you what they're gonna try to do. Uh, let me tell you what they're gonna try to do. They gonna try to play with you. Not only not only are you not getting a production that you used to when it comes time to get paid, you know what they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: You ain't got the same numbers. Man. I know they're gonna say, Hell, I've been there.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm telling you, I'm telling you the game that they're gonna play now, I'm telling you and.
Speaker 2: I and I'm like, I ain't got the same car. You see them, I can see, I can.
Speaker 5: See it already. I already know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Oh well, you know what, we don't think you deserve this because if you look at your numbers, it ain't the same as it was, you know, in the previous two years.
Speaker 5: So we don't really think.
Speaker 4: You should be making top mansh Man, Listen, boy, hey, it's a dirty business. Chat dirty business, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But even in that situation, oh yoe, yes, sir, you got you gotta hold you gotta yeah, oh Joe, you gotta buy your tongue or down the whole type.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know how many times lay in the ball game somebody done done some cheap ish yeah, and you're like, oh, I'm a all. I'm gonna get you. Oh yeah, I'm gonna get you. I'm gonna make it look like a play, but I'm gonna get your ass. Yeah, I'm gonna get you. Yeah, you get Hey, I'm gonna get you, like like you an elementary Junia. I'm gonna get you, right he was.
Speaker 4: He was frustrated though, Yeah, obviously I think of offensively. What they also allowed, what they allowed the Chiefs to do, is they allowed the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: To dictate with a ball win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh they don't.
Speaker 5: I'm out.
Speaker 4: They allowed the Chiefs to dictate with a ball win instead of putting Chase in positions to make plays.
Speaker 5: Now, the plays he did make.
Speaker 2: It was hot.
Speaker 1: You know, I can live with that. There ain't no impact plays. There ain't nothing splash. His bong was thirteen.
Speaker 2: I can live with that, as long as there ain't no thirty forty can tackles. We know Chase.
Speaker 1: We see him catch a routine route and take it to the house. We see them out out high point somebody and get gone. Yeah, if I can live with four for thirty five. And all I'm saying is, I don't believe these other receivers. I don't believe they can make enough plays to beat me. I know one can, he can single handedly beat me. These other guys collectively know they can't.
Speaker 2: No, they can't. They can't make it. They can't make enough place consistently. O Joe. So I'm gonna double him.
Speaker 1: So Iffke and Burton and all Junior Sampa Mar all those guys.
Speaker 4: Listen, I know, I hear what you're saying, but we have we have very very very very good depth at the receiving position. Now I'm be able to beat you, but I think we can make enough plays consistently to be in the game.
Speaker 5: And that's what you saw today. You was in the game. No, listen, there's no reason for Mahome to have three tone over three toneovers.
Speaker 2: And we don't love turnovers. I'm talking about bad. Well.
Speaker 5: Hey that god damn Cam Taylor Britain interception.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, that was beautiful boy. Oh that was beautiful boy.
Speaker 1: But Worthy, I mean, I just want you to I just want to know one thing. Worthy, where'd you think you were? You thought it was Christmas and Santa Clausa's gonna come down the chimney because that was the only way you could throw the ball.
Speaker 2: Because what you have to do, Worthy is that you gotta stack him. You can't let him.
Speaker 1: You can't let him be on your hip because you're going to ride you to the side and it's gonna have to be a perfect throw. No is that with that feed Once you once you get even with him, now you got to stack him. You got to put him in a trail position.
Speaker 5: Right, can I say something go ahead for people in the chat.
Speaker 4: For people in the chat, obviously you know Worthy is the fastest re faster receiving the league, obviously having the fastest NFL time of NFL time combine time of all time four two and four three. I don't think people understand how close that is. I'm talking about in real time and two individuals. Yeah, yeah, this is FO two and this is full three. Like it's right there.
Speaker 5: So you you you in armed, you in arms length and arms reach. It ain't like this huge gap.
Speaker 4: I think people people fail to realize that, and and and have this perception that if you run four two or you just that much fasten everybody else.
Speaker 5: Hell, all the skills is out there run FO three.
Speaker 2: Uh m.
Speaker 4: So from a technical standpoint, if you had, if you FO two and I'm four three, and I make you bowl all the way around and you ain't making no I'm gonna do it just cuts you off to them to the sideline.
Speaker 2: You a you, I'll make you run the loop. And I was going, that's it. I'm an intercept.
Speaker 1: You're right at the point because I know about got what all gotta be the ball's gotta be somewhere between forty and forty four yards and the four yards from the sideline.
Speaker 4: I know that every time the ball comes out to the same time to go hit it the same spot every single.
Speaker 2: Time, every single time.
Speaker 5: Listen, you got to win in the phone booth right at the staff of the ball. You got to win there.
Speaker 2: People say to go and go around people to run the you're not finish. Run first of all, you not finna.
Speaker 1: Just run the loop and be the four to four and four to five guy because he's gonna he knows.
Speaker 2: He's gonna intercept you. Look at ain't running no four four no no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Hey he was so he was so technically sound though, and his.
Speaker 4: Not not ball ball, not ball control, his ball skills oh yeah, or elite. Once you get to a certain point, he gets his eyes back. He got that arm bar right hips so that shield we yet man.
Speaker 2: Listen, he gonna ride you to the sideline. He lost you. Look at the way Revers was built. He's long arm.
Speaker 1: So in other words, his and most most athletes black athletes potentially have longer, have longer legs and torsos.
Speaker 5: Arm are extremely long yes, sir, So.
Speaker 1: When you look at him, if you're gonna look at pictures of Revers and look how for a guy his size, look how long his arms are?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And if you notice something about Revers, he never would for the first move. Oh man, listen, chat, let me let me tell you all something a chat.
Speaker 5: Listen to me.
Speaker 4: Revers had the patience of Sally Made. I boys, should you not Revers had the patience of Sally Made. There was one receiver, one receiver when Revers was in his prime, that was able to get him on a consistent basis, and that was Stevie Goddamn Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a big receiver. A big receiver was always gonna have problems with him. You needed to have quick See. I'm surprised you didn't have more sense, but I think because you weren't as physical as you needed to be.
Speaker 2: If you if a big receiver that don't have quick twitch, he gonna eat you up.
Speaker 5: You done, He gonna eat you up done every time.
Speaker 1: He gonna eat you up. But here's the thing. People look at and they think it's just speed that makes Tyreek so good. Tyreek can learn how to run the route. Treat if Worthy if they if the Kansas City Chiefs want to maximize what EXAVIERA. Worthy can be, He's gonna have to run playing route. He's gonna have to run out routes. He's gonna have to run under, he's gonna have to run dig. He's gonna have to run comebacks because everybody knows them. First of all, it's a lot. It takes a lot to slow that speed down on Joe. Yeah, hold on, that's the whole thing. I'm glad you just said that. I'm glad you just said that. Because Worthy doesn't even have to run fool speed.
Speaker 5: They already scat it. Anyway.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is exaggerate, exaggerate your running motion under control, because once you come on the ball, they getting the f about it there anyway. Learn how to set up the slant, learn how to set up to dig, learn how to run the curl.
Speaker 5: Get the lousion that you're running fast, mean really not so it's easy to transition.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, come on, you gotta tell me. I mean I wish I could. I wish I could like sit down and talk to him. And it's like, okay, tip what you're thinking?
Speaker 2: You okay? You got this route temple. What you're thinking? Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Outside he head up he inside what how how you're going to process it when you come out the hddle?
Speaker 2: What are you thinking?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now, also with your alignment and this film, what else can you run? Because you got to be able to play. You gotta be able to play with your splits, because if you line up with say.
Speaker 5: You know what you're doing, they don't study film.
Speaker 4: So if the ball to the left hand and you two yards on the outside of the number, Hell, it's only two or three things you finished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, I know. So you're gonna have to play with your splints. I mean, and they're gonna be watching. If all of a sudden, you're on the right side, if you normally like most people, a lot of a lot of teams, like when we're like growing up, if you was on the left side over here, you put your left foot back. You're on the right side, you put your right foot back. Okay, Now when we run that bang, we want the inside leg up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotta be seven steps.
Speaker 1: Oh but hold on, you normally do that right hey, watch that glance, watch that bang route.
Speaker 2: I see you alignment? What you normally do calling it down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh, he liked, oh sharp, you ain't your fitting your fitty running round because you ain't got no pressure on that hand, right, you're right, Oh I fit light.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told you how the DV had the veteran dv's that ignefic get Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 5: Aaron Glenn told me.
Speaker 4: Hey, boy, I know every time you Finnah get the ball because you come to the line of scrimmage and you do your glove like this.
Speaker 2: And you restrapp him. I'm studying everything, and every.
Speaker 5: Time he was right.
Speaker 4: He took ad told me after the game, I know, and the ball come at a five, you tie your glove, you do like this when you come.
Speaker 5: To the line of scrimmas and you're restrapped them every time.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Don't give no keys, no, I said, God damn.
Speaker 2: Yes, we watched it. We watched it everything. Yep.
Speaker 1: Because a lot of time, a lot just like anything else. I mean, you have a dominant leg that you want to push off of. Yeah, so do d Lineman. They have a dominant leg they want to push off of. So if all of a sudden, if you even more time than not, if you even okay, you're gonna drop in coverage and you flaying the run.
Speaker 2: But if you stagger that stairs right, oh, you're trying to get off the rock.
Speaker 1: So I think that's the thing with Worthy, If that's what, if I could share any information to him, you're gonna have to start. You're gonna have to do something other than go deep. You're gonna have to learn, okay, off this film. I can also run X, Y, and Z. I just don't have to run the go route, and you have to play with it comes. I mean, you line up tight to the numbers, you ain't running no damn go from there right, It'll take you all day.
Speaker 4: So he's gonna be good, though, he gonna be good. You know, you know how Andy Reid is, how creative he is when it comes to using players, you know, especially to their strengths. But when Worthy can whatever his weaknesses are, once he can make take those weaknesses and make them they don't need to be a strengths, but make them good, then he'd be becomes that much more valuable and the playbook for him opens up exponentially.
Speaker 1: I would you know what I would do, Ojoe, Uh, I would go to the film department. Yes, they go give me every tape you got on Tyreek Hill, every cat, every every practice tape, every game, every game tape. I'm going to study Tyreek Hill. When I got into this business, o Shoe and I knew I was gonna be interviewing people. I asked Eric Mann. The guy that I loved that I loved this interviewing style and I'm nothing like because he trained in this was Ed Bradley. I said, give me every interview Ed Bradley did. At sixty minutes. They got me about forty hours of interviews and Ed Bradley, Yeah, I love Matt Lower. Matt Lower's interview style. I studied him. Go study people, save You're worthy. The comparable to you with speed Wise is Tyreek. He played in that system. You're gonna be running a lot of the same routes system. The same coach that drafted Tyreek drafted you the same way. And Tyreek came in as kind of like a gadget guy. He was like to come in and give him give. He had a package. You can't return to pump returner, but they had a package to play for him because he's too he had too much feed not to try to get the football in his head. But he taught himself how to run the tree. Now he's gonna run his way all the way to camp. I'm not saying Xavier Worthy can do that, but I believe he can be a very very valuable car. That's the guy I'm studying. That's the guy I'm watching. That's what you do, Oh Joe. I mean, I watched tape of Todd Christensen, Ozzie Knewson, and Kellen Winslow. Those were the guys that I watched. I didn't study anybody else because their skill set didn't fit what I did. Their skill set Kellen Big, Kellen, Ozzie, and Todd Tristensen their skill set fit my skill set.
Speaker 2: I was like them. I'm like them.
Speaker 1: Ozzie was a wide receiver, Kellen played was a tight end. Todd was a wide receiver at b YU. I said, Okay, that's why I need to study.
Speaker 2: That's what I need to do.
Speaker 1: That's what I offered. That's the advice I would offer Xavier Worthy. But I say this one more time on Joe. The Bengals need to be careful what happened because if you notice, they always talk about we're beat to beat that team. What happens when you don't come up against that team in the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Then what you know?
Speaker 1: How they say somebody, oh, we built to beat X y X team OTOE. But what if you come up against W and you don't see X, we'll probably win.
Speaker 2: I think you know what.
Speaker 5: I think it is from from a personnel standpoint. I don't know what it is about.
Speaker 4: Why we play so well against the Chiefs despite the despite the turnovers. If we could have got more points out of out of those three turnovers, I think we could have actually not blew him out. I don't want his word.
Speaker 1: Because y'all play cup y'all coverage because y'all can get pressure with your four, and you drop seventy coverage. I watched they ended up benching a left tackle because he was so bad. You see, this is what I'm talking about, Oh Joe, this is what I'm talking about with football IQ. But the Chiefs tackle chief left tackle number seventy six, I can't. I saw I saw him complaining too. You saw when the person that the guy that caught the touchdown pass replaced it got hands to the faith.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and then he on the sideline time about see y'all have sent me out the game.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, they took you out of the game because you about to get Patrick Mahome's head beat there.
Speaker 2: Oh yo. Yeah, this is what I know when you're helping it.
Speaker 1: When when the left tackle right tackle, they're always gonna ask sharpie, what are you doing. Garrett Zimmerman never wanted me to. He didn't want me to touch the guy because he says, sharp I'm gonna set a certain way. He called me sharper. He says, sharply, I'm gonna set a certain way. If you hit him, I might overset him and then you push him inside or I might expect something. So he didn't want me to touch it. He was He was one of the few people, one of the tackles I played with he didn't want. He did not want you to chip, he said a certain way. But a lot of guys I was like, Okay, I got you here.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: I got you outside, which means you can sit as heavy as you want to inside because I got you protected on the outside. But Checko is coming to chip on his outside. He over says him to the outside, and Hendry's go on this side. He said, sat, I say, you've got to be kidding me. I'm like, ro, I'm talking. I just I said, I mean, I just want.
Speaker 2: To know what your report.
Speaker 1: Car said, Di did you get an ass or you with the satisfactory or unsatisfactory?
Speaker 2: Because I'm confused.
Speaker 5: Right now, O Joe satisfactory.
Speaker 2: I mean the back is coming. I know they told him because you look at for Checko.
Speaker 1: He checked, he goes wide, he's gonna chip him if he comes up the field, Pa, Checko's gonna chip him back onto the tackle.
Speaker 2: Just don't just don't over sat outside.
Speaker 1: And give him a pre route because guess what Henderson sees like, oh, hooking for Checko? Or you said, why, oh I'm going inside right away. That's what I'm saying. Guys with IQ know where your help? Hey, I'm asking hey, what y'all doing? Because I needed to know because sometimes the tackle had to step down to secure the gap with the guard. I needed to know that because now that's gonna impact my stuf. Do I sit Do I take a hard step inside? Or can I sit outside? Hey, Zama about Hey, they're gonna let me know they're telling them. We say, Gilligan, that means Shannon, you on an island.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by yourself. Oh okay, on your own.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, that I got Now, this is why I've been lifted by.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta use these muscles on them now, oh jo, I gotta use these muscles muscles on them. So what I'm gonna do, I'm a quick setting because he's not anticipating me being there.
Speaker 2: Right, So once I quick said him and I get I get locked in. Oh you ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 5: Are you trying to beat him to the punch?
Speaker 1: I beat him to the punch. Yeah, because he's not anticipating me past blocking. I mean you see me. Oh, I know you're going out for a route. So you just gonna you just gonna do your thing because you think you got to tackle. Damn, I'm right there. But just guys, just understand where your health is. That'll eliminate a lot of the problems. Just understanding where your health is, where you're vulnerable. You're not going to be me where.
Speaker 2: My strength is. I got outside, I'm sitting outside. I'm sitting ahead of outside.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think a lot of a lot of players, a lot of teams are still jelling. You can practice all you want you know, you and I have said it all the time. You can practice over and over and over, but once you get into a game, it's different. Sometimes you forget things, things that you don't naturally do in practice. You be extra, you're doing stuff you don't normally do in practice, you do it in the game.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: I think by the time, especially when it comes to offenses, offensive lines, by the time they get the week four and week five, I think everybody would be in rhythm and have and have some type of continuity to where the office is flowing and it's running like a well OI your machine.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you know we only might only have us do two minutes at the end of practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we Yeah, we did two minutes in the practice too.
Speaker 2: When you dog time that bingo because.
Speaker 1: He said, I know, he said, I know when it's fresh, you're gonna be thinking. He said, I want you talk tired, I want you exhausted. That's what I want you to think, because that's gonna be the difference in the game. Can you think under pressure? Can you think under fire? You know there was a movie I think Denzel was in the Courage under Fire. Yeah, the question is, can you think under fire. Like you said, you get tired, Lombardi said, fatigue will make cowards of us. All, Okay, now I'm tired. Can I still think I got hot? Okay, I'm protecting. Okay, I got chilled, I got this.
Speaker 2: I got that. That's the thing. Gods get tired. They just forget everything. No, bro, it's more to it than that.
Speaker 5: Hey, that too many.
Speaker 4: Hell boy, when you're t hey listen when you when you're on a eleven twelve play drive.
Speaker 5: And that's a little extensive. Let's say eight or nine play drive.
Speaker 1: Man five or six man, you run around, so you gotta realize running roundes. Yeah, ain't like you run the whole. But it ain't like you run the hole. But even if you run the shallocross, they throw you the ball. You game ten, they throw you the ball again.
Speaker 2: You gain eight. Now you running, Now you run a clear route.
Speaker 5: Ain't blow that lastic as to them built up on that last second.
Speaker 1: Catch and then they jump about a we're gonna start out, you know, we're gonna start out in two minutes.
Speaker 2: Gonna go get them tired.
Speaker 1: All the hell, we're gonna be tied to somebody running, somebody running against them.
Speaker 2: You make it seem like Dada.
Speaker 1: Joe. Yeah, we have Saints scored ten thousand and six straight possessions and to be and on their way to a forty four to nineteen blow out over the Cowboys. The Saint offense has scored ninety one points in two games. Through three quarters. The Saints average nine points a little less than ten yards per play. Thirty five points allowed are the most. US tied for the most giving up through the first two quarters. Uh, they tied us because we put thirty five the ass in ninety eight at the half. Last year, the Cowboys are live thirty five points in just one game. Car was hardly touched. Neither was a man who scored four touchdown. Let's take a listen to what Dak had to say after the embarrassing loss.
Speaker 6: That's simply why you can't listen to it, to other people's opinions and read with you guys, you guys right respectfully. I mean, yeah, you know, ya may have put put it, put this team on a high more than we should have been, and now we just simply got to reset. We've got to respond. We're not going undefeated, you know what I mean, hadn't been done in fifty years.
Speaker 2: We're surprised.
Speaker 6: So it's about getting back to it and finding a way to respond, uh, to put the best team on the field next week.
Speaker 2: Hey, I tried to prepare you for this, Ojo.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I told you I'm gonna let you go. But I want to say this. Yeah, we talked about the Cowboys. We're starting the defense. I said, look, I wasn't really that impressed with the Cowboys offense last week. I said, they got a punt return and they you know, a couple of turnover to put them on short fields. I say, the defense looked really good, but I say, I would really like to see them if they had their starting tackles in there. I say, because what happens if you if you can hold up? I guess we got to answer. I did not hear Michael Parson's name call. I did not hear d log name call. When you go in an Oh, Joe, do you know how hard and they'll do. I want you to explain to the fan, because I'm gonna let you take it over and I'm gonna follow up after you. Can you explain to the fans how difficult it is our listeners are viewing, and our listeners that's gonna listen to this on audio? Can you explain to them how difficult it is to score six touchdowns on six straight possession in an NFL game?
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, forget an NFL game.
Speaker 4: Do you know how difficult it is to score six touchdowns on six possessions in Madden and a video in the video game, if you're playing someone that's good, it's very difficult. So the fact that this is Derek Carr, this is the same Derek Carr that the Raiders let go, right, that's that's the same Derek Carr.
Speaker 5: Right, look completely different today. Rashid Shahed? Is that how you saying? Say his name?
Speaker 4: H Rashid Shaheed? Chris Olive and they got damned Alvin Kamara. They looked like a completely different Saints team today. I don't know, and I don't want to butcher anybody's name, whoever. The right tackle and the left tackle are for New Orleans Saints to deserve to pay raise.
Speaker 5: Hey, there wasn't no stunt, no nothing.
Speaker 4: They barely got the goddamn Derek Carr and was able to pressure him. Taysom Hill Swiss Army knife he coming out the backfield. He had quarterback doing quarterback sneaks.
Speaker 5: I mean, everything worked today. Everything worked. If I'm not mistaken, the Saints didn't punt.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong nine minutes in the third, fourth quarter nine minutes, but the third and fourth quarter fourth nine minutes into a fourth quarter on that's I mean, it's it's I'm sure it's happened before, but come on, man, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't expect it to happen to the Cowboys again. One thing that the Cowboys always.
Speaker 4: Do, they have a game like this, maybe not them allowing a team to score thirty five, but then going twelve to five the last what three years in a row.
Speaker 7: Yes, so this is this is one game down. I'm assuming knowing them and the way they bounce back after a loss, they gonna look completely different next week and everybody gonna be back happy. It couldn't stop.
Speaker 1: Look, Derek Carr was eleven of sixteen two forty three two shuts down a pit a sack.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The ninety nine ninety nine qbr Ava Kamara has some of the best balance I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean you think you got it to wrap up?
Speaker 5: You got to wrap all the way up.
Speaker 2: He is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, playing through contact, twenty rushers, one fifteen, three touchdowns they had for thirty nine carries, a buck ninety. I just don't know. I don't know what. I don't know what that was today. Because the Saints did whatever they want. They got whatever they wanted and as much of it as they wanted. That's embarrassing. Yeah, that's embarrassing. Do you all mean that's the Cowboys defense should be. Look, that didn't play well. And this is not all on Dak and people like with Shulter, you think that's all Dak fault. No, but you're allowed to match what the opposing offense when guess what when the same sty they're that when they kick it off, Dak is allowed to go score now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, that's the type of game I thought it was gonna be at the beginning. That's the type of game I thought it.
Speaker 5: Was going to be. I thought, you know what I say, man boy, this is looking to be it's gonna be a shootout.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The sat score, the Cowboys score, okay, the Saint score, Okay, the Cowboys scored. I was expecting, you know, both teams to put up forty forty two thirty five. That's what I thought it was gonna look like, turnover interception. And they were capitalizing on those turnoffs.
Speaker 1: Oh they putting kicking no field goal, they're scoring touchdowns touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Now if my Bengals could have done that to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah shit. But the Cowboys need another receiver. All they got a CD. And you see when they started doubling CD. You see how difficult life got with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But you know what I like. You know what I like about what the Cowboys do with CD Lamb.
Speaker 4: They moved him all around and three by one day put him at the three, and three by one they'll put him at the two. Sometimes he'd be on the outside. Sometimes he'll be on the opposite side as the X SO. I like even though they try to double him, they move him around so much it makes it difficult.
Speaker 1: If you think about it, the O Joe, after he got that long touchdown run, he'll have one more pass.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I hate, I hate. I hate when that happens.
Speaker 1: You think you about to have a bomb day. They already got be a long tub. I don't got be about ninty. I don't gotta be a naughty it's the first quarter. I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'm adding up in my head. Oh Joe, Okay, now from what fifty that's at least one dub at the least.
Speaker 4: And the fact that you just said that, I don't know if we getting getting to the Kyler Murray game today. Remember what I said about Marvin Harrison Jr. Yesterday last night show. I said, he is going to go off.
Speaker 5: It's just the way the NFL works. Just I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 4: But he went crazy in the in the first quarter, and that tweet. I snapped tweet and said, I guarantee you even though he's on fire like NBA JM character, they gonna stop going to him and long behold, I think the stat line might have been the same at the end of the damn game.
Speaker 2: It was he only had I think he had got another target when that was it.
Speaker 5: They do it every time.
Speaker 4: I will never be able to understand why it works like that. Just they just run the offense. And I guess if a defense says, you know what the rest of the game, we taking Marvin Harrison Junior out the game that the offense coordinator allows the team to do just that.
Speaker 5: I hate when they allow team to dictate where you go at the ball. I hate it. Bullshit, got there will some time.
Speaker 2: They got a It's embarrassing, though, O Joe. You can't. You can't get beat like this.
Speaker 5: Man, hold on, it's only week two? Is it really embarrassing? The last week two? As opposed to take eleven games in twelve games in.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe to give O Joe, you allowed the team to go six for six touchdowns. You said it's hard to do on Madden.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's it's hard to do the real game. But they just did it in the game, especially you playing a quality opponent.
Speaker 2: That's what you told me. The Cowboys work.
Speaker 4: I said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nah, I said that. By the ball, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's my boy.
Speaker 1: Al must have got separated at bursts of behow y'all lost contact.
Speaker 4: Hey, they're gonna be all right. You know you're gonna have You're gonna you know what. This is a good thing, though you know it's really not. Sometimes this can be a blessing in disguise, to have a game like this early and get it out the way, to have some teaching team, to have some film for Mike Zimma to.
Speaker 5: Go over with the defense. Listen, we can't have this that October the receiver CD lamb Z go back, look at the film.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is what we need to do. It's three yards of carry. That when the Cowboys average O joe three yards of carry.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do with that?
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have games like that. Sometimes you had games like that. Now looking at it, look watch how they look next week.
Speaker 1: And guess what I mean. They didn't run the ball particularly well last week. You make it extremely difficult when you become one dimensional run the ball. Yeah, you make it very very difficult. And what what what could the Saints do? Because the Saints could run the ball when they will play action. What happened wide open?
Speaker 2: You see?
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it. They can run the ball so well. And when a car faked got ball in there and he pulled out, that's quarters coverage.
Speaker 2: That yeah, uh he ran through that's quarters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, safety Sainty sitting low, that's quarters.
Speaker 1: But they got a whole because they're worried about Aba Kamara shooting through there and then and and you know, hey, should he got speed?
Speaker 5: Are he fast?
Speaker 2: Now? Oh man? You see he got up on them horses, and most of the sainty look at each other. I mean, what you ever to do? Because who who I'm playing? It's quarters?
Speaker 5: He ran.
Speaker 1: Twenty five whatever you want to call it, eighty he ate whatever, whatever covers you want to call it, O Joe, that's what it was. A quarter cover. Everybody got a quarter of field safety. You got a quarter corner, you got a quarter safety got a quarter and the other left corner got a quarter.
Speaker 2: And he ran through the quarters the safety and boom, what seventy.
Speaker 1: Yards eighty whatever house part was, Ojoe, that's your home opener.
Speaker 2: That's your home opener. Eighty plus thousand? Did you take?
Speaker 1: Because you know what they do every every every week, every week? The cowboys, they showed that view the cowboys fans.
Speaker 2: They lined up to go in and they opened the door and they run it. Who the cowboys? The cowboy man to get beat like that?
Speaker 5: O Joe, it's bad, was it?
Speaker 2: I listen?
Speaker 4: I told you I think they're gonna be all right. I think they're gonna be alright. Hey, get get them losses out the way, now, get them out the way now. As opposed to as opposed to laid on in the season and and one of them losses caused you to go home.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be Dallas. I mean, if you go back to look the last couple of years, Dallas has been really poor against the rush. And when you allow team to run the football, they're gonna play action off of it, and you're gonna have guys why that's open.
Speaker 4: I mean, the last time we saw them, the last time we saw them last year against the Packers.
Speaker 5: What the Packers did.
Speaker 4: Run them off the field right down, right down, they throat, no no trickery, right down their throat.
Speaker 2: Right down it.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe. The Ravens are zer and two as the Raiders go on the road and win twenty six twenty three. This marks the Ravens fourth loss after leading by double digits in the fourth quarter since twenty twenty two. This times the Bears for the most in the NFL, and that's fan The Ravens can only blame themselves for this fourth quarter collapse. The only time Ballimore has started zero to two and coach John Harbar's previous sixteen seasons was twenty fifteen, after failing to hold on to a ten point lead against the Raiders with twelve minutes remaining, the Baltimore dug itself into a hole. The Ravens' next three games are against the defending the division champs at Dallas, at home against Buffalo at Cincinnati. The Raiders had only forty eight yards of offense at halftime Baltimore, but Gardner Minshew and Davonte Adams came to life in the second half.
Speaker 2: Davonte finished with nine for a buck ten and a touchdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe, best receiving in the game, right there by, Davonte Adams.
Speaker 2: Raiders got to you gotta capitalize on that old Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely listen up ten with twelve and the fourth right, Yes, yes, when they say it's the game inches, this is what they talk about. Not only is the game inches, they are one two, maybe three plays out of what the sixty five and maybe seventy.
Speaker 5: Year run, one two, maybe three plays that make the difference in the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guarantee if we are if we were to have had the time to break down this film in somewhat of a PowerPoint presentation style to the chat, we can show you the one or two or three plays that made the difference in his game on why they were able to come back and win.
Speaker 1: Game.
Speaker 2: I mean they random, but they brand the ball well.
Speaker 1: Dereck Henry eight eighteen for eighty four, Lamar five for forty five, Heel four for forty two, So twenty four twenty seven, rushers one fifty one, Zay Flower seven for ninety one, Mark Andrews four for fifty one. Bateman had three for forty likely two for twenty six. Lamar was twenty one of thirty four to two forty seven, one touchdown one. I int missed a couple of throws he'd liked to have back, two sacks fifteen yards. Yeah, but with Lamar Jackson MVP as my quarterback and Deck Garri is my running back, I should be able to hold a tail point lead for twelve minutes to go in the fourth.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, absolutely, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: I got it. First of all, I got to be I've got to be able to hold that on you. I've got it. You know.
Speaker 5: It also comes down to the play calling as well.
Speaker 1: Now I'll tell we're not gonna do that. No, note that you see what you did. So let me ask your question. When they win the game, you don't say nothing by play calling. You say, that's what players do. They make plays right.
Speaker 5: Right right right right right right right right. I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you know, what would you like? Okay, let me tell you. I'm gonna take you your argument. What would you have liked to see them do more or less?
Speaker 5: More or less of? In that instance?
Speaker 2: What would you like to see them do more of? And then what would you have liked to see them do less of?
Speaker 4: I think I think they should have run the ball a little bit more, run the ball a little bit more.
Speaker 1: It is rare that you see them normally they have more pass especially because they had to leave to have the more passing attempts, the rushing attempts.
Speaker 2: Bingo.
Speaker 5: But John said, listen, you brought Derreck Henry in for a reason.
Speaker 1: But he said, he said, they did not bring Derrick Henry there to give him thirty touches a game.
Speaker 5: That's a goddamn lie.
Speaker 8: And the reason that you didn't what he said, Okay, he said that, And you lost the day up ten and up ten with twelve minutes to go on the fourth and the fact that's when you're supposed to use your Derrick Henry to his advantage.
Speaker 2: And you don't do it.
Speaker 4: You try to do something that's really not the way your offense is built. You not built to throw the ball, god damn fifty times a game. That's not the type of offense Baltimore is.
Speaker 2: No, I can't.
Speaker 5: Can Lamar throw the ball?
Speaker 2: You got it right, yes, but just to.
Speaker 5: Drop back first down, second down, third out. No, it's not the Ravens.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised, don't you considering when you go back and look at it, what's not.
Speaker 2: Hold on, look for something right quick? What it is.
Speaker 1: Considering the time of possession. Wasn't that they ended up losing top about over a minute. But when you look at it that you had a ten point that you had a ten point lead in the fourth, and to have more pass attempts than rush attempts, that's not normally the Ravens recipe for success. It's normally the other way around. Yep, more rush. You can see them having thirty five forty rush attempts and then they'll have twenty to twenty five pass attempts.
Speaker 2: But they threw the ball a lot today, which is surprising.
Speaker 1: Maybe they saw something, you know, you know, maybe they saw like, hey, their corners of the safety.
Speaker 2: We feel that we could hold up again. Max Crosby gonna wreck the.
Speaker 5: Stuff every time, every time, and I mean I don't reckon.
Speaker 4: The Raiders still played man and man, man and man, safety and militia, coup of three, couple of four. We ween, this is what we running. We not changing, we not bluffing. We're not doing nothing exotic defensively, line up and play. That's the only that's the only reason I can think of them just throwing the ball so much and going away from the run because there's a safety.
Speaker 5: Down in the box.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like, Lamar only had five rushes.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with that, but those those because last week I think he had like ten eleven, twelve rushes. Last week maybe had like fourteen fifteen. Yeah, give Dereck here another six or seven carries. So you didn't bring him there for you didn't bring him there for thirty. Give him twenty two to twenty five.
Speaker 2: I can live with that. I can live with that. I can live with that.
Speaker 1: But it looks like I said, look, Pittsburgh is is the number one in the division at two and oh Baltimore is oh in two, Cleveland one and one. Cincinnati is ohing to you, guys play Cincinnati in the next I think in the next three weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be it's gonna be very, very interesting. But like I said, I mean, at the end of the day, you are what you are. You're you're a physical, physical team. Defensive was good, uh good corners. I mean Garna Minchew was thirty or thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Damn yeah, it was cooking that Ooh he was cooking.
Speaker 2: Hey man, that tight end. Brock Bowers.
Speaker 5: Oh he's a real deal.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he lookit.
Speaker 4: Think I'm gonna take my hat off from Rock Bowers. Boy, you the real deal? Yes, yes, yes, yes, be nice.
Speaker 1: He really he for real for real. Mm hm oh Joe nine catches, nine targets.
Speaker 5: Hold on, he gonna get open every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah he know he no slops.
Speaker 5: He gonna be Wow.
Speaker 1: I saw him as freshman year at Georgia. I said, this kid, this kid could come this kid could come out.
Speaker 5: Now you could tell huh yeah, hell yeah, some some players.
Speaker 1: Yes, he can move, Yeah, yeah, he can move. He can drop his hips. H he got wiggled. Yes, absolutely, he can play. He go he gonna be hail. Oh yeah, he gonna be hail now.
Speaker 2: But look like you said.
Speaker 1: Uh, the Ravens are oh and two, oh and one at home, they lose to the Raiders. The Ravens are oh into the Raiders are one and one. Come back, get a hard faught victory on the road. Make that long ass plane ride very pleasant coming back home. Uh. Twenty six, twenty three, Raiders went over the Ravens. Ravens fall to oh and two. Apparently it's Kyler Murray's job to get Marvin Harrison Junior to football. The card rookie wide receiver followed a one catch performance in his NFL debut with one hundred and thirty and two touchdown in the first quarter. Kyler completed seventeen to twenty one passes, two hundred and sixty six yards and three touchdowns. Kyler also rushed for fifty nine yards has touched on the deep throws to Harrison was unbelievable, and Harrison did a great job that first That first touchdown wasn't an easy catch, Yojoe. Oh no, that was not an easy catch. But did you see the difference between what he did and what likely had against Kansas City. You see what what Harrison Junior do?
Speaker 2: Go limp? You see you say this body just went limp o Joe, I ain't trying to stay at the go limp. Yeah boo that boy that a this class. He had neighbors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. We got to talk about neighbors to night. But Marvin Harrison Junior. Real But what what did you like? Because you said this old Joe, you said, hey, I bet they get him involved tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just I just knew it.
Speaker 4: After having a showing the number number one number pick, was Marvin Harrison Jr.
Speaker 2: Like five four.
Speaker 4: To come out on your debut and have one catch? That's embarrassing, man, Not damn. I'm saying as an organization in general, not featuring the best receiver, arguably the best receiver in the draft.
Speaker 5: What what what are we doing? Are we even serious about winning? Competing?
Speaker 4: Not highlighting our new shiny toy. So I understood and knew what they were gonna do the follow a week. Oh, they finish feature him, or they finish get they finish, get him going, get him some targets, get.
Speaker 5: Him some touches. They did that in the first quarter.
Speaker 4: And I said, you know what, I sent the tweet out the chat the check of the test after that first quarter, I said, I guarantee you his stat line look exactly the same in the in the.
Speaker 5: First quarter as it does in the fourth, because they gonna stop feeding them.
Speaker 4: They do it every time because the defense to just Okay, y'all find eighteen as soon.
Speaker 5: As you break the huddle. But it's hard, Joe, were calling our playing off formation web eighteen lineup, we doubling, But oh.
Speaker 2: Joe, they ran the ball forty times for two thirty one.
Speaker 1: Hey, why I gotta throw at If I could just put the ball in the guy bell that he get your yards right, and I ain't got to worry about no tip passes. I ain't got to worry about, you know, guy slipping down to get picked. I just turned around and handed the Connor and he get five seven eight yards. I'm like bro Kyler Murray had James Connor had twenty one carriages touchdown. Kyler was five for fifty nine. De Mercado two for forty six. I mean, if y'all, if I tell you what this is what I to see on the defense all the time. If y'all stop TV, we'll throw it. But if you don't stop TV, we're.
Speaker 2: Not gonna throw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least give yourself a chance. You let this man, youself eight ten yards of care. You think, Mike go call it down pass. I'm being hey, that's not there, y'all. Y'all can't stop TD, We'll throw it.
Speaker 2: I promise you. If you stop TD twice, we're gonna throw it.
Speaker 5: Ain't going right in there.
Speaker 2: I mean Colin did seventeen to twenty one. I mean he was a man.
Speaker 1: Some of the players that he made that one he escaped and threw that strike to the touchdown, that touchdown in the back of his own and then he found Margaret Harrison Jr. On him escape, rolled it to his left, got it up over the top boom.
Speaker 2: I mean he played for No.
Speaker 1: That's the thing with Kyler because you see it, you see the guy like, yeah, he could do it, and then sometimes you like, Kyler, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Like I like, especially especially when he run the ball, he looked like a little, bad little kid, like a bad little kid running away from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he takes like seven hundred, seven hundred steps in twenty yards I mean it was like, but he be booketed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd be out of that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean a phenomenal I mean, think about it. The guy was the number one overall pick in football. He was the number eighth pick in the in the MLB draft. Do you know they say the hardest sport. I've talked to guys that played both Bowl Brian Jordan time, Uh huh play both? John John got drafted the second round by the Yankees say the hardest of the two sports, it's baseball.
Speaker 2: Well, this guy with.
Speaker 1: Number one overall in football in number eight in the MLB draft.
Speaker 2: Do you know how immensely talented you have to be to be able to do that?
Speaker 1: And he won three states, three straight state titles in the state of Texas in the biggest division. And he didn't lose a game. I think he lost either one game or he lost no games. Do you understand in the state of Texas in the biggest division.
Speaker 5: Yeah, real deal, Texas football is different, right the man.
Speaker 1: You see they building fifty forty and fifty million dollars stadium at the high school school.
Speaker 2: Thet They got weight facilities that rival colleges.
Speaker 5: Where all that money coming from right there.
Speaker 2: Man, the hell of you.
Speaker 4: And I know, check where all that money coming from? Man for the high schools in Texas. Hey coming from somewhere. Oh yeah, the more I guess. Hey, they're like, hey, I take my nah, ain't no baseball. Somebody take time to get adjusted, bro. They pay you for They pay you four hundred million dollars to hit you fifty What other sport that you can fail seven seven times out of ten and make a half a bill?
Speaker 2: What's sport? Tell of the sport? Boy? Mm hmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But the Cardinals bous back and they lay the SmackDown on the Rams forty one to ten. It was over in the first half. The score was twenty forty three. Then all of a sudden it was like forty one to three, forty one to ten. Uh.
Speaker 2: The Rams, where did they go from here?
Speaker 1: With Joe Matthew Stafford nineteen or twenty seven two sixteen sacked five times, they could not.
Speaker 2: Run the football?
Speaker 1: Blake Orum eight for twenty eight, Uh, Kyrine Williams twelve for twenty five. Uh. And if I'm not mistaken, Cooper Cup got injured. So now poking the cool.
Speaker 4: Damn too. Where did they go to out? Man, Listen, it's only week two. It's definitely too early to hit the panic.
Speaker 5: But but you would expect the Rams, being who they are, to be the beat the Cardinals. But it's a new year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the new year. The Cardinals on who they were last year, and they put their point to day on why.
Speaker 1: But the Rams got an issue and its defensively because remember last week the Lions ran it down to and throats and guess what, the Cardinals came back and said, we're gonna do you one better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's back to back weeks.
Speaker 5: Well, they ain't got they ain't got.
Speaker 2: That boy in the middle of now he ain't coming back. He ain't coming back. You might you never know. Now he ain't coming back. He like uh like nah, he said, he don't have the desire.
Speaker 1: Because when you that, you're competing against yourself, your younger self. They're not comparing to Aaron Donald, to any current player. Aaron Donald got compared to his younger self. Tom Brady got compared to him young his younger self. Peyton Greats get compared to the younger cells. They don't get compared to the players of Oh, oh, Tom Brady's playing like this guy. No, Tom measuring stick was a younger Tom. Aaron Donald. Measuring stick is a younger Aaron Donald.
Speaker 2: And he said.
Speaker 1: The fire to get up and jump out of bed and go train and be that guy that I need to be, and then everybody seeing me to be for a decade, I ain't got it. Yeah, And and not to steal it, not to take money. I mean, think about it, Oh Joe, cause he could have came back, but he's like, nah, I got a standard, three defensive players a year, defensive rookie of the Year, eight times First Team All Pro. Only ALT could rival then mm hm, that's I mean when you talk abou, when you talk about he and LT, I mean the three defensive players of the year, right, the defensive Rookie of the Year, the eight first team All Pro in a decade, the only different ALT got got a league MVP.
Speaker 2: I don't think we'll ever see that again. I don't want to say never.
Speaker 1: I hate saying never and always, but in the likelihood of a defensive player winning MVP, not not Defensive Player of the Year, Old Joe, he was the MVP of the entire league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy. That would be a difficulty for anybody defensively to get.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna have thirty facts? He's gonna have twenty picks something like that. Well, I mean well, I mean anything possible. A kicker one of the nineteen a strike shortened season in nineteen eighty two. What are you looking for?
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the chat.
Speaker 2: Oh but uh yeah, the ram, the ram, the faith getting.
Speaker 1: You know, you lose Pooka, who didn't play Cooper got nick, So it's gonna be very interesting. You're gonna have to run the football you got. But at the end of the day, Oh Joe, you gotta stop, you gotta you gotta be able to stop the run.
Speaker 2: If you can't stop the run, it's hard to win in the NFL. If you can't stop the run.
Speaker 5: You have to stop the run.
Speaker 4: You got to be able to run as well, because play action and being able to run the ball opens up.
Speaker 5: The passing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I hope Pook's coming back next week. I'm not sure what the extent.
Speaker 2: Nah Pooko on our honor?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: Oh he not wait you got I thought it was just a hamstring, No Pooka, Yeah, no, he.
Speaker 1: Got an ankle. He got a knee or something. Nah, yeah, he on hour. He ain't coming back next What was.
Speaker 5: The extent of Cooper Cups injury.
Speaker 1: They didn't, They didn't give an update, but yeah, damn man. So the Rams fought O two and the Cardinals are one and one