Speaker 1: And we're recording. Let's just hit it.
Speaker 2: What just started with the theme, Oh do we don't need a little thing at the beginning?
Speaker 1: Okay are we recording?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You you are? I know you guys do that to e cereal makes them come please? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome to serial Kill. Welcome to serial Killer. Oh you have coffee breath? Dude, Thank you, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Thanks Mom and dad, stop fighting.
Speaker 2: Today is Monday, April twenty fifth. Welcome to Serial Killers. I'm Scotty B.
Speaker 1: And I'm Andrew. Do I introduce me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Nate. Hey, I'm Nate. Hi, Nate.
Speaker 2: Welcome. He Nate is with us today because he supplied a cereal today. And you know, when you supply a cereal, maybe you can be on with us.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so honored to be here. And all I had to do is bring a cereal. Wow is that easy?
Speaker 2: You have been raving about this cereal for quite some time. It's fall, it looks yeah, that's right. Wait is it as old as fall?
Speaker 1: No, they just have it. I don't know why they call it fall harvest in spring, but it is. It's got the taste scent of fall, and it uh you know if you if you take a bite, you just imagine yourself in an apple orchard picking, maybe carving a pumpkin. Is that what's going to happen. Yeah, you're gonna want to carve a pumpkin as soon as you take a bike.
Speaker 2: Well, it's from Wegmans the mostly northeast, Yes.
Speaker 1: Based out the Marketching Buffalo, Rochester. If I'm not mistaken that area and uh the best grocery store in the universe.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go that far.
Speaker 1: I would go then did they have the train? That they do have the train? I know? Wow, Andrew, I know if you guys have never been to a Wegmans, please make it a goal. Canceled Disney World.
Speaker 2: No, Stu Leonard does the Disney World of supermarkets. I will agree with you there that gives that's what he says. Anywaymans are run for his money. Hey, we need to shake this, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on the sun.
Speaker 2: Oh I could feel the bag is small?
Speaker 3: Okay have you ever seen a forty five year old man shake a box like that?
Speaker 1: I just did.
Speaker 2: I'm not forty five, Andrew.
Speaker 1: You're forty five six.
Speaker 2: Look, there's not a lot of cereal in here. Oh wow, that's okay because you know it's weight not volume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think I did buy that box for you guys like a month ago, didn't I? Yeah, I'm sure. Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: And you guys talk about settles. So this is whole oat clusters, multi grain flakes, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and apples.
Speaker 3: I love the cranberry. That's a nice little Twell, you guys, you smell have to pour first.
Speaker 2: I don't want you sticking your nose. And the bag is where it's at.
Speaker 1: It there's one smell it. I'm thank you for spilling on the tape. I mean, you know what. The bag ratio box is terrible. This sounds really good. Stupid. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it? Are you like a bird as a bird feeder? The bag is so small that when you pour it it's just brow stuff.
Speaker 1: That I think it's technique. I don't don't. I don't think it was the bag. But listen, look at all this mess.
Speaker 2: Today. We're using organic valley laptose free one percent milk so you won't go poopies. I don't have that problem. So you guys have that problem. No, I thought you did. He drinks dan Yell, that's right.
Speaker 1: I drink straight cream. Come on, man, yeah, you would drink the whole milk.
Speaker 2: And you know I got this container for free, just saying why because I went to their website and I signed up for their newsletter and it was buy one, get one free.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Milk brands have newsletters.
Speaker 2: Yeah what do they call it? Weren't we supposed to have write a newsletter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a newsletter. See I don't send anything. Okay, So how does this work if I brought the cereal in?
Speaker 1: Am I biased? I'm not allowed to give my rating?
Speaker 2: Yeah you are, yes, you are? Okay, Well, I bring the cereal in every show. But I'm a fan. I've said I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you okay, But now it's an official rating.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Mmm mm hmmm. I don't take out your filling and our tooth got cranberry. We'll rip your frillings out the cranberry well to avoid the cranberry.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's really good, I'm am. You gotta get a pumpkin seed in it, and the good thing is it doesn't have that fake bs pumpkin flavor.
Speaker 3: Is delicious, I told you. And the free dried fruit it's free. What the apple slices are dehydrated?
Speaker 1: That one, m this is great.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give this one four bowls in a spoon. No, I am really mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I brought in a winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, guys, I'm honored.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've learned enough from you that I know a good cereal when I taste it. I'm gonna go with the five bowls.
Speaker 2: Sorry, all right, I mean the second gub, the second ingredient of sugar. So how bad could it be?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I mean come on, that's why it's good. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny though, because they make things a you're healthy, but they're so loaded with sugar. I mean for the most part, all breakfast cereal is yeah, sure, but it was really good. Use apples so good.
Speaker 1: I gotta write it down.
Speaker 3: Andrew, are you unprepared again? I dropped it?
Speaker 1: Is it normal? I mean, is your normally? This? It is? Chaotity is all right?
Speaker 3: So if breaking passed five, it would be even better he passed. If he passed by the studio.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, God, God scared there.
Speaker 1: I think we would have like a bigger notification if he passed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wouldn't be finding out about it on this podcast. Oh, by the way, can we thank Brooke and des Moines. Brooke sent us first of all, ten dollars milk money, so that's spectacular. And then he sent us these cool cards because you know, I used to live in Cedar Rapids. Mm hmm uh huh, so Cedar Rapids, wake up and smell the crunch berries because that's where Quaker is. We would drive by there on Thursdays with Crunchbury Thursday and a dog, Blazer would.
Speaker 1: Lick the air. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blazer's dead. And that's also right where my car got hit by a train gate and the train conductor laughed at me. I mean I would laugh at you too, but just for other reasons.
Speaker 1: No, he was being a jerk. You tell the story. I don't know the story.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just he lived in so he lived in Iowa, the story for nine months.
Speaker 1: I know that he makes it seem like ten there.
Speaker 3: It changes, it always changes, and he always brings it up at least once an episode.
Speaker 1: He's lived in Iowa.
Speaker 2: It was June to May, so that's ten months, right, ten months June, July, July. It was it was ten months anyway, May eleven. Maybe it was eleven right June to May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May eleven.
Speaker 1: Were you there the entire month? Because if you just if you left on May first, I wouldn't count that.
Speaker 3: Y'all shut up anyway, So you know, see, he picked up the slang too, y'all shut up.
Speaker 1: I lived in Cedar Rapids.
Speaker 2: They say, y'all there, y'all is south, They say, y'all not really people do eh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry. You picked up a lot in you're eleven months anyway, real quick.
Speaker 2: So there was train tracks right outside of Quaker because they would bring in all the flower and stuff by train car and corn syrup and whatnot. And you know when the gate goes down, Yeah, when it comes up, you're like, all right. So I started going as it was coming up, and then it went right back down and smashed the hood of my car. Oh my god, Yeah, the same thing happened to me. Yeah, And the guy on the train, the guy was hanging on to the train like he was on the front you know, like how the garbage guys would hang on the back of the truck. He was hanging on to the front of the train and he went as he went by, and it was like, dude, and it it dented the whole roof of the hood of my car.
Speaker 1: What kind of car was It was a Chevy Blazer.
Speaker 2: Ah okay, yes, my dog's name was also Blazer. Shut up andrew full circle.
Speaker 1: So I was driving a super Bolt into the parking garage in my radio station in Los Angeles, and at that time in the morning, they had this big gate that would come down and block any vehicles, but it also had the arms at the little individual you know, drive, so that huge gate would raise and then you would just drive through the armed thing because they were just up all night. Well, as I was driving through, something triggered and it came down, smashed my windshield. Oh my god, caught on the on my side view mirror. Rip the arm off and I dry and I watched the video later. I'm like, this is hilarious. It would be hilarious me, but I mean shattered the windshield. I've scared the crap out of me. I know, you square not on this, No we don't, Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: You can curry my dreams. My dream has always been to like do seventy miles an hour through one of those things like in the movies.
Speaker 3: You it would like you would probably die, Yeah, the car would probably like flip or something.
Speaker 1: So just the arm just smash right through its wooden. All of them are wooden. The one I hit was metal.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, this comes from the same person who's gonna drive through it seventy miles per hour, who, if you mix cereals, has a panic attack.
Speaker 2: Shut up, Andrew. Let's move on to number two.
Speaker 1: Oh Cereal?
Speaker 2: Ye three here, all right, let's shake it again. Andrew, shut it off.
Speaker 3: Sh I'm also really happy that I had cereal because now I don't have coffee breath.
Speaker 1: That's bad. I was worried to talk.
Speaker 2: That's bad anyway, Nate, you're aware of the RX bars. They're like protein bars. So they do have a new line of Cereal. This one's been out for a little bit, but it's still brand new.
Speaker 1: What I'll be honest, the box doesn't get me that excited. It's not gonna jazz.
Speaker 2: Well, just like on the bars, it says what's in it? So this one is brown rice, almonds, pumpkin seeds, touch of honey, and no bs.
Speaker 1: What does b S stand for? In eight bowl? Say it? Crap? Say it?
Speaker 2: Why do you want to do that?
Speaker 1: Why do you want to do that? Because now we're gonna add a sweet explicitness.
Speaker 2: No, I don't panic, I don't panic.
Speaker 1: Let me just open this back delicately. You're so mean to me, I mean to you. Okay, you know that's not milk in the box, right, No, it's glue. It's glue. Disgusting. Yeah, see the flakes look chocolatey.
Speaker 3: You were just playing fast and loose with the cereal and someone's got to.
Speaker 2: Clean it Uproaches in here, there definitely are. No, they don't climb this high. Apparently they do, because I've seen them in the back office. So some of the varieties of Orex cereal, we've tried a couple before, and they're already, like I believe, being discontinued. So some of these are not being stalked anymore. This one I still see in the store.
Speaker 1: I gotta see. It smells fins, smells like donuts, really smell it smells like donuts too. Here, let me give you some milk. Now you should have smelled it before. Now you're gonna smell Oh it does smells like donuts.
Speaker 2: So this has brown rice, almonds, pumpkin seeds, touch of honey. Remember the time, And I read that like two seconds ago.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but when you say things you like, mutter it to yourself and I couldn't hear.
Speaker 1: See. These are some substantial flakes in here. They are big, there's a lot. They look chocolate, but they're not. I need more milk.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right, hmm interesting mm hmmmm, not really good. Oh okay, cut like canker, So I hate when that happens.
Speaker 1: Can you pop a canker?
Speaker 2: Say it's disgusting. Stop this has stevia in it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it does. There's something going on. Are you good? Oh? That was.
Speaker 2: Brown rice, almonds, pumpkin seeds, whole grain sorghum, coconut sugar, peat protein, honey, salt, natural flavors, rosemary extract.
Speaker 1: It's it's not doing it for me. That's all right.
Speaker 2: I'll give it three bowls. It's it's it's it's just okay Jesus.
Speaker 1: And it's gonna give it three bowls in a spoon nate. It tastes like cardboard that they covered with sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Give it two. That's what I was gonna I knew that. Wow, it's like you guys are so insane. Date and I are on the same way like wavelength. Wow. Always and I are very much alike.
Speaker 2: I don't think so at all. But that's nice, really, not at all.
Speaker 1: Why are we not alike?
Speaker 2: We're alike in different ways, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I mean it very alike. I guess in the way we look at the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like we think the same people are idiots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great test of if you get along with someone if you think the same people are idiots. Andrew doesn't because he's a millennial.
Speaker 2: That's you know, so is he? No he's not, Yes he is. He's like a cusper.
Speaker 1: No, I'm the Oregon Trail generation. I'm right in between. But I'm not a millennial cusper. That is not a thing. Not a tooth. You're on a cusp. All right, it's a cuss bid I know now this next one. You two could not be further not alike.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: You and I are not alike. At all.
Speaker 2: This next one, by the way, the way.
Speaker 1: Nate is, Nate's traveled so many places.
Speaker 2: You like, go to Jersey City and you're like, crime, what are you talking?
Speaker 1: I got a kick?
Speaker 2: Go to Pennsylvania's scared what? I love Pennsylvania? What is the matter with you? You say these things that never occurred.
Speaker 3: Well, you never travel, and when you do, it's very much like what are you talking about? You can travel because you're floozy and you have a coffee machine and that's all you care about. I can't travel anymore.
Speaker 1: Are you want drugs?
Speaker 2: And see that's always go too too. I do I travel. I've been many more places than you. I'm sure you actually have. You've been to Iceland, You've been to twice twice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you go to Australia.
Speaker 2: I've been to Australia. I've been to Greece. I've been to Mexico seventeen thousand times. Screw you.
Speaker 3: So going back to a resort in Mexico is your version of It's fine, let's just keep.
Speaker 2: That's traveling, you idiot. What if I don't climb the Mayan Ruins, I wouldn't travel, You will see, you would never climb the Mayan Ruins.
Speaker 3: I did, Actually, I actually did. I have picked back when you were adventurous.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It's much harder now with kids.
Speaker 2: You're such a jerk.
Speaker 1: So you can't climb Mayan Ruins because you have kids. Now I can, but the vacations don't line up. Okay.
Speaker 3: If you asked Cooper and Ashley, they would love to climb the mind.
Speaker 2: They would not. Actually, kids don't want to do that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's sad. I think they would.
Speaker 2: Can we please move on? The milk is getting cold?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Please? So?
Speaker 2: Oh he's mad mad today? Now I saw this in the supermarket. Okay, and.
Speaker 1: There could be some argument that we don't do this stuff. Okay, wait, can I just pause? Do you check your blood pressure halfway through this show? Because you're getting very act.
Speaker 2: It's funny because Amy said we need to order this blood pressure monitor for the house.
Speaker 1: I think you would break.
Speaker 2: It, right, Yeah, Andrew makes me nuts, and you compound it because I.
Speaker 1: Feel like easily triggered. It's wonderful you team up, I think. I mean, he literally didn't even say a word anything. You're doing this your self. He does, but don't.
Speaker 2: Worry you guys are exactly the same.
Speaker 1: So I thought, all right.
Speaker 2: So I saw it in the store and I.
Speaker 1: I'm not no, no, no, no, wait no, is this when somebody was lighting on fire and whatever? Build Listen, I'm sweating.
Speaker 2: It's so hot in here.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It keeps going up. No, it's not. It's set to sixty eight, but it's at seventy one. Won't come on, you keep getting aggravated.
Speaker 1: Listen, calm it down.
Speaker 3: So this I love what he says for us to calm down. Meanwhile, he just had a whole little conniption over here.
Speaker 2: I do travel a bitch to way more places than you. So I was shopping last week, okay, and I saw this, and I know we normally wouldn't do something like this, but it actually said cereal on the container. I don't think it's cereal, but it says it's serious.
Speaker 1: I'm not comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, it's not. It's well, what is this cup? Well, this is gerber Okay, we're having baby food. Look, it's probiotic rice, apple banata, cereal.
Speaker 1: It's cereal.
Speaker 2: This stuff, right, So it says that you need to use breast milk, and I don't have any of that, so I just heat it up a little bit of regular milk.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, my dad explains what that cup is. Okay, what I mean it's kind of like cream of wheat. Okay, yeah, this is something very familiar to my.
Speaker 2: I don't have breast milk, and I don't have formula. So here's some regular that I just took and just got out of the microwave.
Speaker 1: Stir it up. Then so excited.
Speaker 2: You know what we should test for babies too. Babies can't say you know, that's gross.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's smells. We need a little I need a little more in there. It's a little too water for my kids. Oh it can't be this running there you go. I don't like the smell.
Speaker 2: I can't believe babies eat this.
Speaker 1: I don't like the smell. I really don't. I don't wait. Look at mine.
Speaker 2: Now, here's some more milk.
Speaker 1: When it's a very fine line. Oh too much, you're good.
Speaker 2: It thickens, It thickens, how it works.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. Your grandpa over here will.
Speaker 2: Tell us excellently popped an enormous Okay, there's no need for this.
Speaker 1: This looks inappropate it. It's actually I think I've got the right consistent.
Speaker 2: I'm actually nauseated just looking at it. And then the smell waffs up your nostrils. Oh, they're looking for a new Gerber baby.
Speaker 1: By the way, you know what this smells like? Hungry Jack yukon gold potatoes, the dry the freeze dried potato. Those are free Sure. I was gonna say it smells like tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Okay, here we go, nat already diving in.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's how I remember it.
Speaker 2: It smells a lot worse than it actually tastes. It's not bad.
Speaker 3: You gotta put a little sugar in it. It's there, a little brown and sugar in. It's present.
Speaker 2: I think the consistency is messing it up for me. It's like oatmeal, but not oatmeal. It's like cream of wheat. But I'm having consistency issues. The taste is okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, like I really was judging the book by its cover, and it's bad.
Speaker 2: It's not bad.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not great, Yeah, terrible.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give this one three bowls there it is actually yeah, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 1: It two I'm gonna go three bowls in a spoon. Okay, I'm kind of enjoying it.
Speaker 2: I see myself and my daughter Cooper. We we must have consistency issues. So when things like I don't like this consistency, it's making me kind of nauseous because I don't think about other things.
Speaker 3: I think, if you're eating this, you need more. That means you're a sitter. That means you can sit up. If you can eat this food, you're moving on barely.
Speaker 1: You need a little more powder your consistency. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Look at that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's keep package away from children eat all of this.
Speaker 2: No, they don't want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is weird though it smells way worse than my taste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's the banana you're smelling.
Speaker 3: But I feel like if I had a kid and I had to feed this to them every day, I'd probably be like nauseated by this.
Speaker 2: But why do they call it cereal? It's more like porridge. It's like, yeah, it's omeal porridge.
Speaker 1: So as kids, we would eat this and and I didn't know there was actual real oat oat meal until I was like in my twenties, I thought this was oatmeal, So they buy this, I would buy that. No, I remember buying baby oatmeal into my early twenties. And you didn't have the Quaker packets. I didn't know what those were, how to make them.
Speaker 2: Wow, I have a grits.
Speaker 1: Do you have grits? Where you came from, we didn't have grits.
Speaker 2: See, I have grits every time I go to waffle House because that's really the only place you can get them. The True South film that's in Pennsylvania where I'm afraid to go. Andrew, Well, yeah, I mean it's too it's too much for you. It's not old bed page. I don't even know what that means. Like what I don't understand. You're such an idiot, Like I can't travel outside my comfort zone. Like that doesn't mean anything. I trave I love to travel. I do road trips. I love road trips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you drove to the New Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's right by myself.
Speaker 1: Andrew.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so scared. What does the matter with you? You're such an idiot, you really are. I don't understand. I love traveling, I love driving, I love the open road. I love the country, love stopping at new random places. You're such a dope. Notice how I didn't say anything for the past full minutes, but you like it. You just try to start me up like you wind it up, and then you just sit back and watch me.
Speaker 1: Right. It isn't that. Part of his job though, is to get you right. I mean, you're look at how ready is compared to everybody.
Speaker 2: Else because it's so hot and huge.
Speaker 1: I think that's your blood jacket. It's hot. I'm gonna look up high blood pressure and see if warmth is one of the symptoms.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you want to stick around for bull chat, We're gonna record that next sure. Oh cool, all right, so then let's get out of Oh we didn't take a break, damn it, damn it, no money today.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we'll take a quick break and we're bad.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah that was a quick BRANDI yeah, anyway, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks for listening. Everybody. Wait, is that gonna work? Churching?
Speaker 2: Yes, we just made twenty cents d awesome, We're gonna cut you in. Give me my how do you put twenty cents into three six and change?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you so much for listening. Stay tuned for a bowl chat on Wednesday. It will not have Nate and it Nate was on last week actually, so what I'm confused?
Speaker 3: Just don't even This is something else that'll get him started and make good food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So thanks for listening. Until we see you next week with another all new serial Killers. And what are we doing next week?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Next week we're finally going to have our listener friend on and we're gonna review the Reese's Cluster thing that's been sitting back here for months. Awesome, so cool, Until we see you next time. Say crunch, guys, Cora, crunch all right, time to move on. You're such an idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the face can flush your turn red and you can feel warm, see with high blood pressure, all right,