Speaker 1: Show this school in Massachusetts, four and fifty four students in this one class, a thirty class, and they have twenty four sets of twins. Wow, whoa on there?
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 1: They have twenty four sets of twins out of four hundred and fifty four students, ten percent of the classes twin.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many of those are that's just runs in their family or their IVF.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, if any of that's the case, it's still wild. That's an abnormal amount of twins.
Speaker 4: We have these twins in high school, and like we always got it mixed up, like everyone would call the wrong twin by the wrong name.
Speaker 1: Like I wondered if that's the problem at this school.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's got to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Tim, I'm sorry, but I mean, all the twins don't look alike, Eddie. It's not like all the twins looking like every other one of the twins that we had in our school did. No, but I'm saying look alike. But they're not looking like the other twins, other sets of twins.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I know. But you know, do you miss up one set of twins? I'm sure you mess up with the other sets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true because like Pam and that's not true. You just saying words.
Speaker 3: But also what's cool that this is it leads to opportunity for twins dating twins, like that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: That's like some in bred types see them hold their hands down the hall and they they're starts. They're switching it like hand. It's like, oh wait, I'm Tim, No Jim, that's from twenty five New. Now my family, I know, not a lot of twins. I guess no twins, but you know we I have a weird family tree in that my mom and her sister married my biological dad and his brother. So it's two sisters. No, not Arkansas, it's not, although I do get that a lot, but our family tree is very much no branches. Wow, anybody any of my cousins, we're all related to the same people. There's no other sides of the family. That's wild. So it's again my mom her sister married my biological dad and his brother, so I have double cousins. My cousins are cousins on both sides. That is, so anybody they're related to, I'm also related to. There's no other way around it. I wonder if we have like more matching DNA than normal cousins. We have to write. I don't know we got enough double both sides.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's not inbred. It's nothing about Arkansas.
Speaker 3: It's like my sister we went to Arkansas when we were younger, like family road trip to visit our aunt, uncle, and our cousin. There became kind of like a kissing cousin with my sister.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we don't have to.
Speaker 1: Do Arkansas kissing cousins.
Speaker 5: Were from Texas, Arkansas.
Speaker 3: No, No, he was really cute, like I get it, and we didn't.
Speaker 1: Know Arkansas relatives making out go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was going somewhere with that, Like we didn't really know him.
Speaker 5: So it's sort of just like was a thing. But I get it.
Speaker 3: They weren't as yours would be closer to you, like we were more removed. So you definitely couldn't have a kissing cousin.
Speaker 1: No, your cousin, No, I hear you. But so what you could have just said your sister had a cousin, you had to go to Arkansas, where I'm from.
Speaker 3: No, I remember the whole drive back, she listened to that song.
Speaker 5: It must have been love Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Not get to happen on the show.
Speaker 3: I think it was kind of like, dang, we're cousins, Like this isn't gonna go anywhere.
Speaker 5: I don't even think they really kissed, you know, there was like an attraction.
Speaker 3: And yeah, but we didn't know him. Doesn't matter, Amy, Well, we're.
Speaker 1: Still related if you know them or not.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 3: On the way back she was like, it must have been loved, but it's over now because we're cousins.
Speaker 1: You know what in the world this is crazy. Okay. Let's say you meet your cousin and you never met him your whole life, and you fall in love. Do you marry them? Well, I mean, well, what state your cousin? What state? Doesn't matter? Do you When do you find out they're your cousins?
Speaker 5: The thing is back in the day, this is the thing.
Speaker 4: What do you mean when do you find Because if you get married and then you find out your five years married divorce, you do it's over?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Okay, whole time I would say done at all.
Speaker 5: Just let it be.
Speaker 1: I have kids too, Yeah, they don't have tales though. Okay, here's the thing. Let's say you date for you don't know them at all, Your parents or families are strange, and you finally like run to them. Oh we're cousins. Wow, first cousins. You fall in love, right then? Can you date? No? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you'd had no relationship prior.
Speaker 1: And your parents family that they don't have a relationship, no.
Speaker 6: That's okay, but no, no, just think how easy the wedding will be because you don't have to decide like, ooh, no, sides right exactly everyone?
Speaker 7: We have friends, but yeah, who you're here for my cousins.
Speaker 3: I think we're to a point now where that's not what we do. We don't we don't marry our cousins.
Speaker 1: But we just kissed him. But again, what if you fell in love and didn't know they were okay? What if again, you fall in love you don't know they're your cousin. You do a twenty three and me or whatever ancestry or whatever it is, and it's like you're first cousins and you're in love, you're engaged, you're engaged. Call it off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's totally not happening.
Speaker 6: Oh, guys, I think you're I think you're overreacting. I think you keep it together.
Speaker 1: I think if you're engaged and you already have a love.
Speaker 6: What if you meet at a family reunion and you've never met him, and you're twenty eight years old and she's twenty five and you've never met.
Speaker 2: And you meet at a family reunion, you're like, hey, you know what, Like.
Speaker 1: Let's look and see that those cousins if that is like, first of all, is it legal to marry your first cousin?
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't Rudy Julie?
Speaker 1: You want to do that? And see this history that something?
Speaker 5: Didn't Rudy Giuliani, Mary's first cousin.
Speaker 1: I don't know for all that stuff, I forget.
Speaker 3: He's I don't really mind whatever we say about him.
Speaker 1: It's legal for cousins to marry. See a new bill would change that. How about is it legal to marry your cousin's federal federal law? I mean that would mean national law. I mean, why don't we bringing the law into this. Let's just would you do? First cousin marriage remains completely legal in these seventeen states Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New Mexico, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee or Moonton, Virginia. Hey, no, Arkansas, their suckers, did you one? No, I turned in it's they.
Speaker 5: Don't even need a law about it. Whatever room for that in the prison.
Speaker 1: You guys have haters, and I hate all of you too. Here's they make a map that shows where you can marry your cousin, Like, go to this state to marry them. Twenty four states prohibit marriages between first cousins. Seven states allow first cousin marriages with conditions such as genetic counseling or if the partner is sterile.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because you can't procreate.
Speaker 6: What does it mean when someone's once are moved, that's second cousin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it says first cousins once are moved. Does that mean second cousin?
Speaker 5: I never understand when people speak that way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, either. Okay. So let's say you on your wedding day you find out that that's your first cousin.
Speaker 4: But before you get married, before the ideas before yeah day, what over you say, I'm out. Yeah, I'm not doing this. We can't do this. We're cousins. Yeah, hopefully she agrees.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those things you're not going to be able to get over.
Speaker 1: I'm down down, well, Bobby, I expect that.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I think you guys are overreacting.
Speaker 1: I think it reacted. You're crazy. Yeah, and okay, fine, Caitlin's my cousin. I said, the whole segment have to reveal that. Okay, you guys are haters. And I'd like to shout out to everybody in Arkansas. I love you. You know who loves you me, you know who doesn't. These three I don't ever let them come in your day, which is Josh, wake up, wake Up.
Speaker 8: The mall.
Speaker 9: And the turning radio and the Davis's Tidy lunchbox, more game two, good Steve Bread, haven't trying to put you through. Fogy's running this week's next Minute, and Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 1: So you knowing this.
Speaker 7: The Bobby Balls.
Speaker 1: Time for the news. Bobby's. A recent twenty twenty four survey said, what are the top regrets in your life that are still on your mind? Already A couple here. I'll ask you guys that question. Top regrets of your life that you still think about sometimes? Number one spending too much time on your phone, not prioritizing life moments number two. Losing touch with friends past and present. Number three not standing up to bullies during childhood and even work. If you guys don't have one, I can go first get one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, oh, well, a big one. Because I've lost both my mom and my dad. There's just so many conversations I never had with them, and it's a huge regret. And if they were around, I know there's very specific things I would ask them. I would talk to them about and I wouldn't be so shy or nervous, like I think I didn't want to ask them to dig a little bit deeper, but I think it would have been beneficial for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think about like chicks, Like, Okay, so I'm in a bar and I make out with you know, there's two chicks and I'm like, oh, which one I choose a ad to for the night instead of B And I'm like, oh man, I've gone.
Speaker 1: With be like or try to and be everything about that.
Speaker 6: I thought about that, but they didn't know each other as they weren't down. But you know, things like that, It's like, ah, man.
Speaker 4: Eddie, I still think about it. I mean, not starting a four to one came much, much, much earlier in my life. You don't even started one now.
Speaker 1: No, no, But for me, I think, why don't start? Start today? You feel like it's too late, it's not.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 4: If I would have started at twenty twenty one, oh my goodness, and ten years.
Speaker 1: You're going to go. I wish I would have started when he was forty five.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a good point.
Speaker 5: I started it a year ago when we started talking about that.
Speaker 1: You know what, I regret that too, Okay, I think mine is probably not. When my grandma was sick, I just thought she'd live forever, which is a dumb thing to think. But my grandma raised me and I was in college and it wasn't like an easy drive home, and I was like eh, and I did occasionally, but I just didn't do it enough. And so I regret that because when she got sick, she got sick, and then you know, she died pretty quick, and I had a It's crazy because I know we talked about this. I had a deal with my grandma and I was like, hey, when you die, you have to like and she was like way older. My mom was the youngest of like many many kids, and so my grandma was way older than like a normal grandma as well. And I was like, well, I'm gonna talk about it, like when you die, you have to like give me a sign that you're still out there. And I don't think she gave me a sign. What's up? Talk about it? No, I think the air conditioner came on and like her old guitar fell at some But I'm saying, you said, give me a sign.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what are you saying that you would have been? You wish you would have been more specific?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish i'd have been, like, get make a musical instrument fall over when you die?
Speaker 5: I just that way you would know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that my regret there is that. Otherwise I most things that I'm not happy about what happened, I've learned great lessons from them. They've actually led to even better decisions that when I got to find a million bucks by the SEC, I learned nothing from that. So I wish that wouldn't have happened. But I can't really regret how I did it because I don't do anything wrong unless they're listening. Sorry finding that, but I regret that that happened. Yeah, regrets that happened. Next up, let's listen. If you're a SCC, you guys are cool. You guys are cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In line with that, I'll just hear something really quick that you know. My niece is living with right now. She's twenty one, and she wrote a high school paper on living without regret, and she based it off my mom, and she said that she learned that when my mom was dying. One of the things she said was that she didn't live out her dreams. And so I think that's a big regret, is sometimes not taking time to dream and then chase your dreams, whatever they are. But my mom just didn't take time to even dream for herself.
Speaker 1: And I promise everybody listening right now, you're gonna regret more things you didn't try, the more things you tried and failed and did wrong, right, because you're always gonna be like I wish I would at least tried this. I've screwed up a lot of things. I messed up a lot of things. I don't regret any of that stuff because at least I gave it a run. But I just would not not feel good about not trying it. The stuff you don't try, and stuff you're gonna hate that you didn't do, not the stuff you did wrong unless you murder. Oh yeah, that's a bad don't try that.
Speaker 3: That you can.
Speaker 1: People are reserving baby names within a friend group now, so people are like calling DIBs on baby names. You can't do that, well, I mean you can't. Well it's not legal, but yes, you can have an agreement and your friends. Weird people are talking about baby names and they claim them within a friend group if they want it, so another friend doesn't like undercut them with the name.
Speaker 5: But it isn't it like whoever has the baby.
Speaker 1: First, Well, then you get to it. But unless it's called it's like shotgun Drew, Okay, shotgun never really really works. Always over shot. It was only trouble with deciphering what the rules were as soon as you said you're going, or when you could see the car or when you could touch the car. Everybody different rules.
Speaker 4: A shotgun always you could always say it in here, you say shotgun.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter what you heard, did anybody else here?
Speaker 3: My kids still play it and I have to be the judge, like they'll be like mom, did you hear me say it first?
Speaker 5: And unfortunately have to be like, yeah, okay, she said it first.
Speaker 1: Shotgun is really one of the great things about being in an American Still around most people adhere to shotgun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Paralyzed puppy walks again thanks to three D printed spine. Yeah, he was able to do. Arthur, a six month old cockapoo, was unable to move after his limbs became weak and collapsed. His owner rushed him to the vet. They did MRI scans. They discovered a part of a spine was not connected together properly, which can presses spinal cord. The dogs then had a four hour surgery. Surgeons placed a three D printed spinal screw and surgical cement into the spine and now it works and he's moving and they were able to just print this stuff out, say what they needed and got it.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 1: So the New York Posts Technology man is pretty cool. Digital price tags are coming to Walmart. So here's why it's good. Here's why it's bad. Digital price tags are cool because let's say the price tag isn't on it for some reason, it get ripped off, or you can save in your phone. You can take a picture of it too. But why they're bad as people think they do dynamic pricing with them.
Speaker 5: What does that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because the price tag, it's a QR code, right, So you put the QR code, you see how much of the things are. You can have a QR code on the tag. But what's what's up is if a bunch of them starts to sell, they could start to lift the price of them because it's not paper you're having to replace. It's literally, if we sell thirty two percent of them, let's mark it up five bucks.
Speaker 4: I wonder too if they know, like you're you're like, how much you have? This guy's rich mark it up?
Speaker 1: Oh hey, you know what I mean. Nothing would surprised me at this point. But that's a funny thought that they're also part of the Big Brother and looking at your bank account and pricing it based on who you are.
Speaker 3: It's like the minute your phone access level the QR code, they have access to your money and they're like.
Speaker 1: Or when you walk in, they automatically know who you are and what you have by like your facial scan.
Speaker 2: D Yeah, they followed you from the bank and they know.
Speaker 1: They didn't fight you from the bank. I just know your face. There's no physical on the Bobbycast Drew Baldridges on I'm telling you, I walked away from this going that I'm motivated and inspired by this dude. Here's a clip of his song She's Somebody's Daughter, She Somebody's doll. He put the song out over three years ago and his record label fell apart and that was it no more. But he puts it on TikTok and he not even a big TikToker, and it goes next morning, he wakes up and he's like, wait, what on our honeymoon?
Speaker 10: I posted TikTok And I just say, hey, if this gets three thousand likes, I'll put it out on Friday, you know, just trying to tease. It was Wednesday. I woke up Thursday and I had almost ten million views. Mind you. I'm like, I don't look all night because I haven't had a video do that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: I'm just thinking, like I'm gonna wake up the next day. Obviously I'm with my wife. It's our honeymoon. We're enjoying it. And I wake up and I look at her and I'm like wow. And I pulled up and my followers jump like one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: So he had this song from three years ago, but he's like, I'll put out a wedding version of it. He just got married, and so he gets ten million in a night, which is wild. Okay, so you're like, dang, look at that, blew up. Pretty cool story. So then he's like, no, no record label is going to sign him. They're like I don't know. So then it just starts going to everybody's backyard, like I'll play any backyard to make money in order to get his career going.
Speaker 10: Here's this clip I decided to post on Socials and I say I'll play anybody's backyard that wants.
Speaker 8: To have me.
Speaker 10: I'm broke, Yeah, I feel and so I thought I'd get like five requests, and so I get like twenty some thousand requests on TikTok. For two years, I go play three hundred people's backyard. Wow, just me and a guitar.
Speaker 1: Just take whatever money they gave you. Yeah.
Speaker 10: It started off that way of like hey, whatever you could give me, and then I was like this is what I need. Because there were some times I would lose on it and so I'd be like this is what I really need two or three grand, pay for mym my tour manager, and I will come play in your backyard for seventy five minutes, play corn, holy barbecue.
Speaker 1: He did that three hundred times all over the country. Took us a guitar and played in people's backyards so we could survive being uneasy.
Speaker 2: Now that's not a lot of days off man.
Speaker 1: So he then talked about how even now he has a song it's maybe in topting close to top ten, he has no record label, no management, no agent. He's having to finance everything himself.
Speaker 10: I had to put on a manager hat and be like, Okay, how do I get shows? How do I create income? And then I had to run a promo staff. I'm doing a calls every Monday, running a promo team, and then like shows coming in and booking that and booking in myself. And you know what's most exciting, Bobby is like being on this podcast with you, man is a really big deal and a dream of mine.
Speaker 1: I think I'm your biggest fan. I'm gonna tell you it's I was blown away by the dude. That's so he's like buying radio commercials for a song. He's doing it all himself because he doesn't have a team, but it's all blown up and he's like, screw it, I'll go play backyards. I'll do it all myself. That's nobody else.
Speaker 5: Wants to help chasing dreams, but he just is a.
Speaker 1: Guy who was like, I'll figure out way to do it even if it's really hard. I'm gonna keep going until I absolutely can't. And he has now popped. Wow. Super cool. Check out the Bobby Cast. That entire interview with Drew Baldridge is up on the Bobby Cast. Wherever you listen to your podcast. That's the news.
Speaker 6: Bobby's story.
Speaker 1: Terry Clarkson Studio, good to see you again. I didn't. We didn't know each other until you came over to the house. I really enjoyed that. I don't always enjoy him.
Speaker 7: I did too. It felt like a really intense therapy session. Part of that it was really great.
Speaker 1: I rarely don't enjoy them, but you know, with anything else, it'sd be like a show that you do if you're try. You don't hate doing shows, but some of them just fall in and you're just like, you just do a show and it was good and you move on. But I like, really enjoyed the time. I guess because I was a fan of you for a long, long long time and didn't know you. And some that can go either way when you meet somebody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, are they going to be you know, what you think they are or are they going to be just what they are? Yeah? Well, I enjoyed meeting you too. You know, I'm a fan of yours and I have a radio show, and you tend to kind of want to listen to people and their conversational skills when they're interviewing people, and you're one of those people that I think a lot of artists are starting to dabble in radio now, you know.
Speaker 1: Podcasting radio, and yeah, yeah, but you're good at it.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you very much, but you're you know, there's a reason you're winning all these awards and stuff. So congratulations. And I really enjoyed our last chat. So when they said we were coming back now we can actually talk about the record, we couldn't remember the publicity people were all like, no, they were giving us the whole win.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was weird. It was like, hey, Terry Clark's coming over, but she can't talk about anything, right, but we wonder talk about I wonder what we're going to do.
Speaker 7: We talked about childhood baggage instead.
Speaker 1: I So how I found out about your record is one of my best dear friends, Ben Rector. Oh, today I'm going to go record what Terry Clark? Do you know her? And at the time I didn't, And I was like, I don't know her, but I'm a fan of her. Let me know how it goes. And he came back and he was like, she was delightful that that was his description of you. Delightful. So you got a lot of artists to come back and sing your big songs. How what's that problem? I don't know. How do you pick? Does everybody say yes? Sometimes? Does they not sing it exactly like you want?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: What is that process? Like?
Speaker 7: Well, I started with kind of a you know, a list of my wish list of people, and I called Ashley McBride first, and we've been friends since twenty seventeen. So she said yes and jumped on board. And I wanted her to do better things to do because it was the debut single and she had publicly talked about how much that debut album meant to her when she was a kid growing up in Arkansas, and how she you know, she felt like she was different than the rest of the girls. She was, you know, she was a tomboy, and she saw my image and really got into music in it and it helped her feel like she belonged, I guess. And so her singing on Better Things to Do was a natural fit to me. And then after Ashley agreed, you know, when you get one, it's kind of easier to start going, well, Ashley McBride's doing this, did you go to Landy Wilson's crazy. Yeah, Ashley is, like, she is amazing, and she's so respected around town for her songwriting and her artistry especially, it's just amazing. So and then I love Landy Wilson for so many reasons. I love the fact that she's such an individual. You can recognize her by a silhouette. There aren't a lot of people that you know, you see their silhouette, you know the automatically who it is. Laney Wilson is one of those people. And I loved her music, and so I asked her. Everybody said, yes, there were only a couple There are only a couple of people that schedule had scheduling conflicts that couldn't do it. But Ben Rector, I've been a fan of. We talked about him last time and his immense talent. He's genius. You know, he's one of those almost prodigy type guys.
Speaker 1: It's annoying. Let's say it's annoying. Yes, he's so good.
Speaker 7: It's so annoying. We could have kept the first take on now that I found you and been and been fine with that. And he's just incredibly talented. And I was so happy to see him opening for Dan and Shay because he needs to be exposed to those huge audiences. My manager actually wasn't as familiar with Ben Rector until she went to their show and she texted me and she said, man, now I know why he's on your record. Why you wanted to get him on your record? She said, I wasn't that familiar with him, but I am a fan now, and that's that's he And he was so gracious, humble, kind, and added so much to that arrangement and track.
Speaker 1: The album is called Terry Clark Take Two. I'm gonna read some of the other people on it, Lauren Laana, Kelly Clarks, and Cody Johnson. Ashley McBride, Carly Pierces, Been Rector, Laney Wilson, and Paul Brandt. Paul is from because our show's in Canada as well. Paul's a massive Canadian star.
Speaker 7: He is, yeah, and we you know, we'd never toured together, and it always made sense to me. That kind of a ticket always made sense to me. But he was always headlining, and then I was headlining, and then we both kind of gave the market a bit of a break. Paul is very very savvy businessman. He's very smart. He knows not to overplay Canada. There are only so many venues in Canada. We don't have the population, we don't have the venues that the United States does. And I'm lucky that I can bounce back and forth, you know, across the border and play both markets. But Paul's been really careful and protected that as an artist, and I really respect his business model in doing that. So when I went to him with this idea, I said, I had just a few years earlier done across Canada solo tour. I do a lot of solo shows. I just have guitars around me. I have a Ditto Looper, which is a little stomp box thing that you can create loops on and I have a porchboard which creates kind of a kick drum. So I do this one woman show and tell jokes and stories about songs and it was sold out across Canada and twenty six and so I went to him with the same concept in twenty eighteen. I said, we should do this together, like it just makes total sense and fans love that intimate type of setting. So we went out in October and November last year and did you know BC through Ontario and we're in talks about possibly doing another run. But it's uh, that's cool. Yeah, that that take of Easy on the Eyes was live in Toronto. We didn't go in and fix any vocal things, we didn't go tweak a whole lot. We added bass and drums in the studio when I was in tracking the last four for take two, just to give it a little lyft. But what you what you see, is what you hear, is what you get. And it was fun to be able to have a live track on there and have my friend Paul be doing it with me as a duet.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's a sensitive to ask, but there was a story about Playboy asking to be in the magazine, but then they asked you to be fully clothed, and then they then you said no to all. Is that accurate?
Speaker 7: No, okay, there's no way Playboy is going to pay me money to be fully clothed, and they're not gonna pay me anything these days. But this is about twenty years ago, I would say, and it's so stupid that you know what female country singer would you like to see pose for Playboy? And I came in. I don't remember who was first and who was second, but me and Shania Twain, who could not be more polar opposite twenty years ago, especially, came in top two. I don't understand why. So they came to me and offered me, I'm just gonna say a million dollars twenty years ago, which.
Speaker 5: Is more like three right now because of inflation.
Speaker 7: And then my manager, Clarence, I said, there's no way I'm posing like meet and greets can get weird enough as it is.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine you imagine they bring that.
Speaker 7: Man? And then so Clarence, this is the funniest story. Marnie, my day to day manager at the time, walked into my manager, Clarence Spaulding's office, and she had an intern with with her, and the intern looked at his desk and he was researching. He had Playboy magazines all over his desk. Who am I going to work for? But he called me and he says, well, they said you can just show you can go topless for like this amount of money, the whole the full Monty, you get the full million. So he's negotiating body parts to post for Playboy, and I just said, Clarence, you know that all sounds like if I wanted a money grab, I would have done it. But I was just like, I can't. I just can't. I have too many young girls that are looking up to me, and I've always been pretty buttoned up. I'm not one of these people who's I'm very modest about my body and I don't like to show all anyway. And I said, this would go against every single thing I stand for being a strong woman. What's between your ears is more important than what's between everything else. So I said no, And I really glad I made that decision and didn't let greed or the dollars you know, get in mine. And at the time, you know, I was. I was still trying to save and you know, I didn't know when I was going to have another hit. I always treated my last hit like it was going to be my last hit. So I've always been pretty frugal with money and things like that. So you know, if that's all that I had in my crosshairs, I would have gone for it. But I had there was such a bigger picture in playing the tape forward in that scenario, and not even six months later, I was asked to become a member of the Opry, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: That that by would happened, right, Yeah, Yeah, I saw on Instagram you gave Lanny like an old school like a vintage Terry Clark shirt. Yeah, which is super cool. Do you have Ronnie don and Irag friends and he talks about how they have all this old stuff and Kicks got a lot of it, and he's kind of He's like, I gave it all to Kick when we split, So Kicks like in the early divorce because they're back together, her Kicks got a bunch of the merch. He's like, it was the dumbest thing is merch? Is that vintage merch so valuable? Do you have a lot of your old school merch or just like a couple of things.
Speaker 7: I have a couple of things because I've given all my T shirts to the artists on take two, I walked into the I've walked into the session with a T shirt. And you know, my mom, you know, God bless her, would keep a lot of that old stuff. And I even had stuff from the very first tour of ninety five for a long time. And I happen to be a mover. I tend to move a lot and change the scenery around me. I buy houses and I've got a bit of an eye for design and renovation, so I seem to be kind of addicted to make, you know, making a house really really cool and then leaving it and going to doing it.
Speaker 5: For another one.
Speaker 7: So I've lost a few of those those little gems and moves, I think. And I may move again and end up, you know, finding some stuff in a bin that I don't know about, but I probably have, like you know, ten left.
Speaker 1: Now do you ever look on eBay and see what the old stuff of yours is going for?
Speaker 7: No, I don't. I have no idea. Okay, that's like it's not going to be what you think. Let's see, Oh, Bobby.
Speaker 1: Terry Clark vintage T shirt forty two dollars. Oh, no chance, no chance.
Speaker 5: Well will Bobby's loading that up?
Speaker 3: Do you know where that intern is that was assigned to my hiy boy magazines for you?
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't And Marnie's here, who brought her in? I don't know where she is she. I don't know if she actually left because of that. I don't know she just can you imagine?
Speaker 1: I have your answer here. The cheapest one that's actually vintage from the nineties. The cheapest one is eighty dollars.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, Well you know I'm going to keep.
Speaker 1: Them vintage Terry Clark's shirt, poor pitif for me, nineteen nineties. This one's extra large, ninety one dollars. Wow, it's this one.
Speaker 7: Too, the one I gave Lanny probably remember that one. Yeah, that's the one I gave Lanny Wilson. And I don't know if I have I don't have any more of those. That was the only one I had in the bin, and she had to pin it.
Speaker 1: It was like a dress on by it. Now I'm buying I'm literally buying it right now. You are not set. I am last one and I don't. We're actual arts and I'm gonna have it. You can. You can get it all like a dress, okay, and it has been paid for. Boom, Oh you're so sweet. Why did you didn't?
Speaker 7: No, I didn't make any money. I don't make any money off it now. It's merch is a promotion tool. By the time you pay everybody their commissions, pay for the merch, and pay the taxes, you're you have about three dollars left.
Speaker 1: Did you say you don't you go to McDonald's so you don't pay taxes. I do, totally kidding totting the auditor.
Speaker 8: Do you.
Speaker 1: What do you consider your big break? If you had to identify one moment and someone said, Terry, what's your big break? Microphone in your face?
Speaker 7: When I went and auditioned for Mercury Records.
Speaker 1: How did you get the audition?
Speaker 7: Well, that's it's such a long story. I had a demo tape floating around town when I was playing at Tootsi's. A producer from a Popka, Florida who did a lot of production for Disney and Epcot Center Big productions on this thing called a sincleavier. It's a keyboard that has that can mimic drums based any kind of instrument you want. And he had this studio at his house in Florida. He walked in looking for a burger and I was playing at Tootsi's in the in the front, you know, on the stage where it's now a VIP booth. That's where my stage was. And he sat down and listened to me for two hours and then said, I'd like to, you know, make a demo tape on you and try and get your record deal. So long story short, I go to Florida for like a month and stay in his basement and he had a son the same age. We won't get into that, but.
Speaker 1: Is there any part of you though that's like, this guy's watching me for two hours and it's like this is weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well he was. He was observing I guess the.
Speaker 1: I see why. I mean, But I still as a creature in its natural habitat, and he wants me to stay at his house, Like a little bit of me would be like, I don't know if I should do this.
Speaker 7: I think my mom obviously checked it out and interviewed him and made sure that I wasn't gonna end up chopped up in pieces somewhere, and so I did that, and we made this demo tape and and he took it to a few people in Nashville shopped it around. I wound up with a manager named Woody Bowles through and we kind of, you know, the demo was okay. It was very manufactured sounding, but it caught the attention of a guy named Brian Kennedy who had a spec deal with MCA Publishing where he could bring artists in and make demos like demo Masters. So he got ten thousand dollars and he called me and wanted to take me in, and he became one of my very good friends in town. And he's also really tight with Garth Brooks and and Tricia and that whole camp still is. I think he works for Garth now, but he his dad was Jerry Kennedy, who produced all the early REBA stuff that so I was like, oh my god, Kennedy, Not those Kennedy's, These the Kennedys of Nashville. So we went in and we cut I think four sides, and Vince Gill came and sang on one, and Carl Jackson played guitar and oh god, we had just amazing players on this. It was super country. Keith Stegall ends up hearing this demo like three years after we did it. It floated around town. Carl Jackson played it for a few people, and so long story short long, he called me to come play live for him, and he had so much going on at the time. He said, I want to work with you so bad, but I got all these other people. I'm trying to wrap some projects up, and I thought that's just a no. Right six months later, Woody calls me and says, Keith Stegall's just been promoted to the head of an R at Mercury Records, or hired as the head of an R at Mercury Records, and he wants you to come in and sing for Luke Lewis. And I had thought he'd forgotten about me. So I went in with my guitar, sat in the boardroom in front of him and Luke and wood He was there, and I wore the most god awful Mobeta shirt. It looked like somebody threw up on it. It was you know, in the nineties, the Brooks and dun Garth Brooks shirts. I still got the shirt and they called me the name Stay and offered me a record deal. And this is after I had already been in talks with Sony Music because I was a Sony Tree writer at the time, and Paul Worley had gone over to Sony and he had a full roster of females, so he couldn't do it. And so they offered me a full fledged record deal, and I just I couldn't believe it was finally happening. And it was eight years after I moved to town. It was a long process.
Speaker 1: What I hear, and I think what everybody should hear, is your big break was actually you grinding it out, taking advantage of a very small break, turning that with your work, ethic and talent into a mid break. You stayed focused, somebody happened like you were prepared when the opportunity hit. Then it wasn't like here's a platter and here's your life. You now get to have a record deal. It was like you worked hard and took one small thing and that just kept leading to another to another, and then before you know it, you're an overnight success.
Speaker 7: Well, it was such a heartbreaking process. Because I went and sang for Curb Records and Electro record and Sony, you know, and and they all showed interest in you know, I even had one of them tell Woodie she's probably the most powerful country singer, female country singer I've heard in a really, really long time. But it's not what we're looking for. And there were a lot of tears.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I'd go home and my husband at the time and I would, you know, just be like, what's it going to you know, one heartbreak after another. But every door that closed, another one open. And there was always like that carrot dangling that kept me focused, and I just something inside told me not to give up. That the right opportunity was going to come along. And when Luke and Keith signed me, that was the right place for me to be. And Keith was Alan Jackson's producer Randy Travis like he he got the country thing. He wasn't trying to turn me into something else. He signed me because of that, and you know, I really appreciated the artistic freedom they gave me, especially on my fourth album that was not as mainstream. They were really great. They were a great label for me to be on, and that worked out the way it was supposed to. I just had to wait a little while.
Speaker 1: Do you ever perform not in a cowboy hat? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I have. Yeah, there are when I do solo shows there there is mostly for those ones. Sometimes I'll kind of wear it for half the show. But you know, I realized it's such a trademark that that I really don't take a cowboy hat. I do a rock encore in my show. I do a rock medley of you know, pop and rock songs, and I'll take it off for that and and just just for something a little bit different, but then I put it right back on.
Speaker 1: Have you had to sign thousands of cowboy hats? Oh? Gosh, yeah, probably the number one thing.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely a lot of cowboy hats. And I hate those ones that are those really cheap ones that that that look like they've been woven. They're hard to they're hard to sign, they got holes in them. Real hat.
Speaker 1: And I learned John Parties a friend of mine, and he, you know, has given me cowboy hats. I'm not a cowboy hat guy, but he's like, you wear like a felt I could be wrong, like a felt hat in the winter, and definitely a straw type hat in the summer. Do you do that o real day?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? Like the white like you can't wear white? You can't wear So do you have different kinds of hats depending on the weather?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I usually switched to straw, you know, June first or right after Memorial Days. It's the thing to do. And yeah, And I honestly was wearing straw hats because I had a bit of a deal with a hat company for a while, and they didn't really make great felt hats, So I wore straw hats for a good ten years all the time. And then when that deal was over, I'm like, I'm going right back to the whole Texas Cattleman's crown cowboy hat, and I'm gonna do it the right way, you know, felt in the winter and fall and straw in the summer.
Speaker 1: Two more hat questions because I just thought about them. Your hat has been in a specific way. It's very much your shape. Yeah, who does that?
Speaker 7: I do it?
Speaker 1: And how do you do it? Do you have like a mold now that's just the tarry mold, and you put it in.
Speaker 7: The hat steamer. You use the steamer and and you can shape a hat the way you want. In fact, this is a funny story. I had to go get a hat for a photo shoot and I was in the middle of another move, so all of my felt hats were in storage. So I went down town to I think it's a boot Country down on a lower Broadway to get a felt hat. And I walked in and bought the hat and they wouldn't let me shape it. They said, it's just we have to do it, and I said, oh God please. So funny thing is, I used to work at boot Country in Hendersonville before I got a record deal, and the same guy owns the whole chain. So I said, can you call ed Smith and telling him his former employee with like the shape her own hat got him right, so they did. They said, well, let just let her do it. They made the exception it's an insurance thing. The steamer can burn you or something like that. So because I was going right from the store to the photo shoot, I didn't have time to go home and do it. But that's how you shape them. You use a steamer and it makes them soft and you can shape them. But yeah, I do kind of have my own shape. I never just wear a hat the way it is off the shelf.
Speaker 1: If you don't wear a hat, well, there were people that don't recognize you that should that, you know, because I've not worn my glasses, and executives past me didn't even know it was me.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, it's definitely your glasses are your trademark. You know. People you could somebody could draw a caricature of you with with your life, they'd know it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or Harry Carey one of the two. All right, carrect Okay, so look, we're gonna play some stuff from your record, and you're just so fun to talk to you. So let me say this. She's doing She has like twenty dates left this year. The record is out, Terry Clark Take two. I think we'll play the Ashley Better Things to Do in its entirety. Okay, I like I like this one a lot too, because I like both of you, and I think this is the song I think about. Is this most people's number one song with you?
Speaker 7: I would say it's the number one streamer, But the Cody Johnson Kelly Clarkson duets on Take two are blowing up stream Wark. They're doing really well.
Speaker 1: I guess I mean just in general with your songs.
Speaker 7: My songs. Yeah, that's the one I think most people identify me with. Yeah, it was the first one. It was you know, that whole pan from my boots all the way up, you know, and I'm this super skinny twenty six year old girl. That's the thing. Remember And the T shirt sleeves rolled up in the hat with the electric guitar. That was the very it was a very uh it was it was. Yeah, it was a very defining moment in your show. Yes, I play it last, and the audience gets to sing and it's a big party and it's it's so much fun. And we're doing the new the new arrangement from the new record. Actually on that one, it's not that different, so I don't even know if nobody notices it. But it's fun for the band, you know, I'm going I'm playing electric on it now and I used to play acoustic, and we uh, we're enjoying playing some fresh takes on these.
Speaker 1: The melodies are the same, though, r because the worst thing is when you go watch an artist and it's like, here's a song that was a hit for me, but I'm now going to do it operatic style.
Speaker 7: No yeah, no, no, no, no, no, I think you the customer is always right, and they're they're buying a ticket to hear something that they can sing along to. Don't mess with the business. That is the business. You don't mess with. And I'm not going I'm not going to go see James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac or somebody or Bonnie Rate and want to hear something and completely off the wall of a song that I love so much, you know.
Speaker 1: Or a whole lot of new stuff. I'm good with a couple of news.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 1: I don't want a whole show on news.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I I you know, I even play like, if I need more content in my show, I'll play some stuff that were hits in Canada that but but weren't here. But I'll also, you know, I'll also play songs that maybe weren't huge hits here, but were singles like dirty Girl and three Mississippi.
Speaker 1: And I don't even mind new stuff, but as long as like five in a row.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, I think it's I think it's important for artists to stick to a roadmap as it hits in their show because that's what people really want to and nineties countries kind of this thing now that people have really gone back to and are digging deeper. And you know, some of them may have heard your songs for the very first time listening to a playlist, and they're gonna show up and buy a ticket to your show and it's gonna sound completely different. Yeah no, that would suck.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now it's our straight to talk wireless question, Terry to stay grounded. Who tells it to you straight?
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you that my manager, Clarence is no bs at all, like he is very very honest, and he will give me the real story. And I think that's really important. My mom, when she was alive, was definitely that person. And I've got friends that I ate dirt with in my life that have been around for forty years who are very very honest with me. You know, I have I have some and music fans in general and see artists and ask questions about the industry. But that I can lean on for you know, when you go to a show or Okay, if somebody really iconic, not me, I'm talking about a James Taylor or somebody, it makes a new record, Are you excited about that? No, okay, like it's sort of that. It's that honesty, like do I make another record of new music or not, I don't know if I do it, I'm doing it for me. Yeah, I'm gonna do it because it's something I really want to do without any kind of expectation of an outcome, because it's the only reason to do that stuff now. But you know, I do talk to my friends. I have people in my life that are very honest and always will be and people who's, you know, opinions I really respect.
Speaker 1: I have found that the people that I care about that will tell me when something's not good are the people that I care about when they tell me something is good, because it's anybody. You know, people say all kinds of good stuff to you if things are going well for you because they want to be around they run the success, right, So it's really I only take good from the people that I care about, and we'll hear bad from it.
Speaker 7: It's well, it's amazing who I'm hearing from, you know, who's texting me because now I'm talking about this project and I'm a little more in the forefront as far as you know, doing some interviews and press and stuff. And it's like, oh, look who just texted me? Right, It's just you know, you have to take take it as it comes.
Speaker 1: And I try not to take criticism from anybody. I wouldn't take advice from.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, because that's right.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to offer criticism out of nowhere.
Speaker 7: Everybody's an armchair expert, you know, and and thinks they know. You know, there was somebody who the comments on the new record have been all so positive and so great, and everybody's loving it. But you know, there's always a couple and one person was like, uh, why does your voice sound like it's in a wind tunnel. It's compression, right, But people who aren't engineers, engineers mix records now with different effects because you know how most people listen to music through their iPhone speaker, Like a lot of people just run around listening to stuff through.
Speaker 1: And there are engineers.
Speaker 7: They have to almost like the volume has to be different, like it's a whole different it's a whole different world now.
Speaker 1: Terry Clark Take two with music from obviously all Terry songs, but Laura Alaina, Paul Brant, Kelly Clarks and Cody Johnson, Ashley McBride Carly Pierre spin rector Laney Wilson also go to Terry Clark dot com. A bunch of shows all the way through twenty twenty. You have a show in twenty twenty five on the list, I.
Speaker 7: Know, And there's a whole bunch of shows that I have that we haven't announced yet that are coming up this winter, and we're adding stuff all the time, so we're all in all, we're probably going to be at seventy five shows for the year by the time we're done, which is a really good year.
Speaker 1: Final final question. I washed dishes for about a year and a half. Is I did too? It's a terrible job.
Speaker 7: I washed dishes.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. I watched the restaurant's a terrible job. I had to work out of that to be a bus boy. But and I am not somebody who likes gross. I don't do well with gross. But I washed dishes.
Speaker 7: You don't do well with gross?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: And that's the grossest job, especially if you don't have a good wait staff that's helping you, at least on the front side cleaning like scraping the plate.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 7: It is horrendous. Did you have the big Sprayer. Yes, yes, I did that in high school for my high school job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What did you learn from washing dishes?
Speaker 7: That people are gross?
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly and I try to not be so gross because of that. Yes, Sarah Gross. Terry Clark, great to see you. You're one of my favorites. Now, you're one of my favorites. And I didn't know you, but now that I know you, like, you're one of my favorites.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Bobby, You're You're absolutely one of my favorites. Maybe the favorite interview ever that I've gotten to be a part of today. It's not we'gotten, no, I mean I really enjoy talking to you, Like I would sit and have dinner with you and we could have some really like, you know, off the record conversations that would be I think, really meaningful. So I like getting that feeling from somebody I'm talking to and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll seecretly recorded and bring it on the next day, but it would be good, though, Terry Clark. Everybody, here's a voicemail from Stephanie and Sacramento.
Speaker 8: What do you do if your dog or pet hurts an animal? So today, Michelden retriever caught a bird and it didn't die, and it was injured and could not fly. I put it in a box with some paper towels, and I called a local wildlife rescue that has a bird nursery, and I took it in and sadly, both of its legs are broken and it's not going to make it.
Speaker 4: If this happens again, what should I do?
Speaker 5: What's the right thing to do?
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 8: Leave it out for nature to take its course, or did I do the right thing?
Speaker 11: Or what would you guys do?
Speaker 5: I'm curious?
Speaker 8: Thanks so much, love the show.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's a wrong thing to do here. I think if you're from the country, you shoot it. If you have a gun, you put it out of his misery from the country, country. If you are from the city, or like, why is a bird here? This is the city? You're just confused, right, Yeah, there are so many diseases on wild animals. I don't think I'm touching it. That sucks. But I think if you if you're Arkansas Keith, my stepdad, you probably shoot it. But I don't think there's a wrong answer here. YEA sounds like what she did was you had a good heart. Yeah, big heart, totally the right thing for what needed to be done. You could stomp it. Oh no, you could stop its head.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's traumatic for me.
Speaker 1: No, No, I hear you. You could. I'm saying, if you don't have a gun, you you could. How I grew up. If an animal there's no bouncy back, you put out of its misery as fast as possible? Shouble, Can you let the dog finish it off? You can't. But the problem with that is I don't want to do that. Then the dogs I got it in the holl the dog you don't want to do. Not feel bad about this. This is my point. You did nothing wrong here. Do not feel bad about it. That's a terrible situation. You have a big heart, and I think any of the options would have been big heart. It stinks I have to kill an animal like that.
Speaker 3: I have to answer her specific question about it. If she should what she should do the next time it happens. If it happens, do exactly that again.
Speaker 5: The dog. The bird may live and may be totally fine.
Speaker 1: And okay, who's going to take care of a bird with two broken legs?
Speaker 5: It can't function but bird sanctuary.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, big heart, love it all right? Play the next one please.
Speaker 11: Good morning studio.
Speaker 1: This question goes out to lunch box.
Speaker 11: So I have a dating question for you. Actually, I've been seeing this girl write for almost a month now, and you know, we're getting to the point where instead of just like go on the specific dates, we're kind of just hanging out. Now I've been on more than like seven days by now. But anyways, I have the questions right, So I'm starting to thinking about this first kiss with her. I'm wondering, do I go fool out, make on sesh, you know, just make out with her, you know, come bare or you know? Are you going to go for a little peck on the list and let her be much about figured you'd be Ananda tummy.
Speaker 1: So you tell me what I should do and I'll do it. What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: You've been hanging out for a month and you haven't French kissed her.
Speaker 1: You have been gone days, he said, more than seven.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. You gotta go full on tongue all up in her mouth.
Speaker 1: When would you have gone full on to a tongue up in her mouth?
Speaker 2: Probably first night yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you have to go full on tongue up in her mouth before you ever knew their name?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh oh yeah, I still I mean I can still name some of the girls, like what they're wearing. Don't know their name, but you know what's wearing, yeah, green dress, because she was in my phone as green dress.
Speaker 1: No idea, is she still in your phone as green dress? Did you ever clear all of them out? Like did you in check?
Speaker 6: Because I you know, I wonder if like if they get rid of their phone number, does it like delete from my phone.
Speaker 1: Now she just calls whomever answers. Now, would you ever how to ask this?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Gently? Would you ever do more with that? Knowing their name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's not in there for some reason Green dress.
Speaker 6: No, maybe it didn't transfer over when I got an iPhone because I used to have a flip phone back in those days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, of course green dressing the flip phone day's flip phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, Yeah, there's definitely girls I did more with it. I didn't even know their name.
Speaker 1: They were just hot.
Speaker 6: Do you think they knew your name? Oh for sure, probably for sure. Probably did they know it as lunchbox? Yeah, yeah, there was no real name given, no need for that.
Speaker 1: Is that why they hooked up with you?
Speaker 6: Probably is that I was good looking, thought I was funny, thought I was entertaining, and yeah, being a celebrity it helps.
Speaker 5: No, he knew you. I always thought those girls were trying to get to you.
Speaker 1: You thought they come to my house. Wow, he's like the opening band. I don't want to be on that stage. I'm off that venue and the no bill I'm not there. No, I don't think that's I never thought that was the case. If you weren't lunchbox and whatever that means, could you still got these girls? Yes?
Speaker 2: I got skills, all right?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okayay, So your advice to this person is oh, full on tongue and I mean, dude, you have I don't know why you waited seven days.
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: No, No, everybody goes at their own pace. It totally fine.
Speaker 1: I hear you. But this pace is even for me.
Speaker 2: Seven dates.
Speaker 1: That's like she thinks you're her buddy at this point. Oh man, we're just pals. Okay. A lot is defined in the first couple to three. That's good luck, though.
Speaker 5: Man, some people don't even give still their wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not sure.
Speaker 2: Who does?
Speaker 1: Like three people who like that's a new story when it happens, because that never happens. Thank you. You guys can call us anytime. Eight seven, seven seventy seven Bobby.
Speaker 5: Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 6: This story comes us from Pennsylvania. Eight twenty two year old man was going to visit his buddy in jail, and his buddy's like, hey, I need you to bring me a gun. He's like, man, I don't know if I can get the gun in, but I'll do my best. So he hid the gun in his shoe walk. Then beppeep metal detector goes off. He goes, oh, must be my nose ring, takes out the nose ring, tries to go through the metal detector again, beppppepep, and they.
Speaker 2: Do his search and they finally gun like, eventually.
Speaker 1: They're gonna find whatever that metal is. Right, did he think if he took his nose ring out they would be like, that must be it. You're good to go, no need to go back through. We found it. I wonder if he said, like, uh, I guess it wasn't the nose ring. He's confused. I wonder what they'll find this time. You know, that's when you could run. You get out of there. All right, thank you, I'm munch Box.
Speaker 2: That's your Boneheads story of the day. All right.
Speaker 1: I think we all can agree that tipping culture is it's a bit out of control. Oh yeah, but you don't have to tip in some places where they're like you did this, You can't tip. Some places you probably should tip, but it's all on a who you are, what you believe.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: But yes, there are too many tip lines. I will even agree with that. And I'm someone who feels like I need to tip everywhere because I people will tip me with all my jobs going up, Morgan, what is your question? So I went to a.
Speaker 12: Restaurant and they automatically had the gratuity included.
Speaker 7: This is just a two top.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a big group or anything, and it was a twenty two people. They automatically Wow, it wasn't even a question.
Speaker 5: It was like and she told us.
Speaker 12: The server was like, hey, just so you know, it's automatically added into the bill.
Speaker 1: What's what was it twenty Was it twenty twenty percent? Wow? I've never heard it. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And so but we signed that, and we were sitting there like, do we still tip? They're still a tip line. But this is the first time we've ever been at a situation with two people, not like a big group where they've automatically included it. So do you add an additional tip.
Speaker 5: Or are you like, okay, we're good.
Speaker 7: That was the bill.
Speaker 1: Uh. If you would have tipped twenty percent, you're good, you're good. If you wanted to tip more, if you would have tipped more, anyway you can add another few bucks. And even the fact that the waiter, waitress whomever knew that, that's them also saying, hey, you don't have to add anymore, like for them to go, hey, it's already added. You don't have to add anymore. They're also tell you this is kind of weird. So if the problem is, let's say, and I'm not I always tip at least twenty percent, but let's say you didn't want to tip twenty percent and they've already added in twenty the problem is that they just have that money. You can't take that off.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to call a manager.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: A little minus can type like a minus because imagine this, what if you did a minus for all that you paid and you got everything free. I've bet no one's done that. Let's flip that around. I think that's a little bizarre. I've never heard of that. At a two top, for sure, parties of six or more, we had a tip built in, for sure, because you just didn't want to spend and put a lot of effort into a friggin six top with a baby in a high chair and they get stabbed with no tip. You just dedicated a bunch of your night to it. But I think you don't have to tip anymore. The expectation is not to tip anymore, and if you do, that's great. But I haven't heard of that. But I think you're totally cool, and I think the weight person knew that too.
Speaker 12: What would you add if you decided to add some what would be the threshold?
Speaker 5: Would it be like five dollars?
Speaker 7: Would it be two dollars?
Speaker 1: That's how good you are at math, so you can break down the percentages, or at twenty percent, Let's say your bill was twenty eight bucks, right, you could add another three or four bucks because anything over that is that's that's just that's money. What's twenty percent of twenty eight. Well, so ten percent of twenty eight would be two dollars and eighty cents, right, okay, now double that that would be five or sixty. That's fast, it's slow down.
Speaker 2: I got a question.
Speaker 1: No, I did it slow so I can explain to you how it works.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, So now the waiter really doesn't have to do a good job and you get they get twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so stupid.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me the restaurant it's off my list?
Speaker 1: Well, it is a nicer restaurant, so it was already off your listing. Yeah, it's a nicer restaurant. It's offulous already. Good question. Never heard of that or two. But also they must be doing it because people aren't tipping.
Speaker 12: I think, And it takes out that question of you know, you're at a nice restaurant. It's already included. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: They should write that, don't worry about it unless you really want to worry about it. Do you think people aren't tipping? No, but some people will tip away less. That's crazy, like I don't know less people will do that. I think some people are like revolting against tipping culture and tipping way less just to be like, I hate tipping culture, but it's like some of those places you have to tip because they're making two bucks an hour. But no, it's a good question, and I think a lot of people probably wonder that. But you're fine, you have to tip anything. Did you tip anything? On top of that? I didn't. You weren't supposed to because I was like twenty percent. Sweet, Okay, you're not a loser. You're not a loser. I would tell you if you were. Don't worry everybody