Speaker 1: Well, well, well look who's come crawling back for some more mad boosties. This is Brian the Editor, that guy that Miles likes to yell at. And while the guys are taking it easy, I decided to whip up a little best of Rapid Fire twenty twenty four featuring Warren Shaw, Lena Washington, Jasmine Watkins, Dan Favale, Jason Timp and Dragonfly Jones.
Speaker 2: Enjoy Lena Washington.
Speaker 3: Allst Our Weekend is coming up just very very soon.
Speaker 4: Give me your all time Fantasy Dunk Contest lineup.
Speaker 5: You're picking four dunkers anytime, anytime.
Speaker 6: Time, anytime.
Speaker 7: Well, I have to go Vince Carter, just because it's Vince Carter.
Speaker 6: Well, he existed, he graced a basketball court.
Speaker 7: He has a pretty decent vertical, so I would assume he would be able to.
Speaker 6: Add some.
Speaker 3: Vince Carter. Yeah, okay, harder, but not Prince Harder.
Speaker 5: When he was passing around some highlights from his rookie season and just like some of the dunks, like he was doing some of the dunks that he did in that dunk contest, like in game.
Speaker 4: Game as a rookie is like wild as he should. We have to keep this segment moving.
Speaker 7: So okay, so number two of four, I guess maybe Aaron Gordon, so that he could pair of super elaborate dunk contest like performance where it's like the drone goes from Lucas Oil Stadium and then drops the basketball into the you know, to the arena, and then the led court lights up and all this stuff and then you know, the pacers mass Scott comes in and he jumps over him while doing a full three sixty like active turn and then losing again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think that would be for these dunks designed by Doc Brown from you know.
Speaker 4: That that recent that recent hit film from the nineteen Goldberg. Okay, you got to Who's four two?
Speaker 7: Feel obligated to say, Lebron James just because Miles, you could be a part of it.
Speaker 6: He could just like walk up to and over you and then just.
Speaker 3: Say yeah or hold me like a baby and be like and be like you're my yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah he rocked rocks the cradle, but it's me in his arms and then throws me through the hoop and I don't have serious injury from it.
Speaker 6: What's what the medics are involved? But this is again just like envisioning this Mountains of Dunk.
Speaker 7: Specifically and like who would be able to execute them best?
Speaker 6: And then maybe if there's.
Speaker 7: Some backstory or contacts that would add to the of the show. So only if files is involved in Lebron's done what I want you?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Pronounced pizzas?
Speaker 8: But okay, and the fourth before, uh you know, how about what was his name?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 8: It was it?
Speaker 6: Uh Mac McClung. Who wanted the other?
Speaker 5: Was that his name?
Speaker 6: Mac?
Speaker 8: How can?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Was that last time? Shoot? Yeah it was? It was.
Speaker 6: Flies when you're you're sipping the Mac mcclum kool aid.
Speaker 3: I know, you know?
Speaker 5: Is that I don't I don't know what happened, and I haven't followed his career. Uh, Lena, Unfortunately you did not best five years for Vince Carter, so it will be modern day Vince Carter and the Dunk contest. Unfortunately, so I think it's still it'd still be good.
Speaker 6: Still got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? All right? So yeah that was good. You know, Yeah, it was not fast enough, but you nailed it. Anyways, it was it was highly entertaining. What school yard game do you want to see added to the All Star weekend? It can be you know, I think we said we were saying the Pro Bowl, we've we've seen due dodgeball and a tug of war. What game would you like to see NBA players compete against one another?
Speaker 7: I'll give I'll give three, okay, just because I can't choose, and I know, I know this is like a really like I have to answer quickly.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to be really thorough. So the first of the four square.
Speaker 7: Because I know athlete can be very competitive.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well our.
Speaker 7: Games and you got to play house rules your cherry popcorn?
Speaker 5: Popcorn? What are we talking that? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so so that I read, imagine just see the pure violence of being clotheslined by running at full speed into your friends. Maybe some broken maybe on bones popping out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could be like that Last Survivor show where all of the like most powerful people in the government get blown up and Keeper Sutherland is like the guy who is designated survivor, and like it would be the NBA version that where all the best players just have their arms like ripped out of their sockets. And so it's like macmcu long is leading the league in scoring in the playoffs.
Speaker 7: Team and then the third I would probably want to see, is teather.
Speaker 10: Ball each other?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 6: More of a controlled environment. Yeah, so it really takes skill focus. I would liken it to like.
Speaker 7: A tennis match, so it's just you and no coaching allowed, and it's just a ball on a string and your opponent and you're just trying to see who's going to of wind that rode around that hole faster. So I would say those three red rovert, courseware and tether ball need to become Olympic sports by twenty eight.
Speaker 4: We just have this from the judges. Lean you got two of the three right. Unfortunately we can't tell you which one was wrong. But I do have to ask you this question, which I think you can get right. Who's the greatest Sons player ever? And who's the most underrated.
Speaker 3: Sons player of your fandom?
Speaker 7: I mean, I have to say Charles Berkley is my favorite Sons player ever, from what he meant to the city, what he did when he was part of the team, to now, you know, actually claiming the valley and claiming this team underrated.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 7: You know in line of his retirement, Goran Dragic the Dragon himself, I will say he didn't.
Speaker 6: Get a lot of love, but he was an.
Speaker 7: Instrumental figure and some some fun teams to watch out here. So maybe that's recency bias, but just thinking about him hanging it up and then just remembering his times here and you know, bringing his twin.
Speaker 6: Brother along also for some of those rides. Those will be my two.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna get the throwback you have.
Speaker 7: You have a drug show when I have a Sean Marrion throwback jersey. So that was pretty cool?
Speaker 6: Is yeah?
Speaker 7: His his number in Jersey retired in the Ring of Honor. So yeahr Stotto Meyer's next. So, uh, you're in Phoenix, come check it out.
Speaker 3: I will bring my goggles.
Speaker 5: Ck oh my favorite show.
Speaker 3: Have you seen?
Speaker 5: He has the funniest takes on just the stuff that's I just keep I keep saying to myself, can he.
Speaker 3: Say you guy's got something, This guy's got something? Should you go first? Check or show I go?
Speaker 5: I would love to go first. Miles, Thank you for asking.
Speaker 3: You were very welcome.
Speaker 5: Jazz. You could have any player's skill set for a day, but it has to be a non basketball skill. Who are you picking him? What skill?
Speaker 3: Oh, like Rondo's like roller skating ability or.
Speaker 5: Rondo's roller skating Steph Curry's golf swing one of the pest. Yeah, Waymintondale's base.
Speaker 11: Oh oh wait wait wait wait? Who played saxophone? Somebody plays a really mean.
Speaker 5: That was Bill Clinton? He was the president. No, I get I always think Bill Clinton was in the NBA too.
Speaker 11: No, I want to say. I want to say David Robinson, David Racks. Somebody plays the phone from Maxic Johnson and I think it was like.
Speaker 3: A oh David Rockin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, wow, we got to go in the vault for that one.
Speaker 5: Hold on here it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at Magic. You got a tear in his eye like he just watched the Lakers player or something.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's beautiful. That's a beautiful answer. Are you a musician though, No, but you yeah, Okay, that makes sense. That makes sense.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jasmine, we got a time machine, but it's a Lakers specific time machine, and you can go back in time to see any of these moments I'm about to give you.
Speaker 3: Choose one.
Speaker 4: Magic's game winner, baby skyhooking, Game four at the Garden in eighty seven, Game seven twenty ten, you know what time it is, and also the Lakers title game in the bubble, verst the heat.
Speaker 3: Those are you three options? Where are you taking the time.
Speaker 11: Machine twenty ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Easy, yep, yep.
Speaker 5: It still chasing that feeling.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, still chasing that still.
Speaker 2: Chasing that feeling.
Speaker 5: Okay, next over the Celtics. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I mean.
Speaker 4: Look, they they they gave it to us, and we said to say, okay, let me regroup real quick.
Speaker 3: I think we got something for you. We got something for you.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, you do have COVID antibodies and you're able to spread COVID back in twenty ten, So time traveling there was the wrong answer. You've started the pandemic ten years earlier.
Speaker 2: Messed up.
Speaker 5: That's keep questions. Yeah, all right, more likely to happen. And why Pacers Eastern Conference Final run or Clippers Western Conference Finals run?
Speaker 11: Pacers? I think Halliburt they got the Kaylen Clark magic around them, and I don't think the world is ready to see or we're not ready for Caliburn's outfits to leave us, so he can't be out. He needed some more games, yea, And I will never pick Clippers no matter what.
Speaker 3: Right that makes that makes sense, That makes sense.
Speaker 5: Wait would they who are they playing the second round? Are the Pacers playing the Celtics second round? Or are they playing the Knicks?
Speaker 3: Oh? They are playing whatever Nick Nicks.
Speaker 5: All right, yeah I can see that. I can assuming you know the Sixers don't come back. Mm hmm right, yeah, tried to. Did you see him? You're crazy and assume that.
Speaker 10: His eyes inside It's fine.
Speaker 3: His eyes did the bone Thugs thing again?
Speaker 5: Just one black? He didn't where am I?
Speaker 4: And in this version his uncle Charles was Barkley when you played on the Sixers?
Speaker 3: Wrong'll y'all, Jasmine.
Speaker 4: I want to show you some fantastic nineties throwback jerseys. Pick your top three from these coveted, coveted, iconic basketball jersey designs from the nineties.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm gonna go hornets, Okay, Larry Johnson's Larry Johnson era pinstripes t L pin stripes, great.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is tough.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go magic. I'm trying not to be all pinstripey.
Speaker 3: But wow, yeah, it is iconic.
Speaker 5: The pins shack yeah, shat era b royal blue with pin stripes.
Speaker 11: I would say bulls, but I'm not gonna go three pin stripes. I'm gonna go Sixers just because that was a golden era of six Ers jerseys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great Sixers jersey iverson era basketball swooshing By. There's something going on with the I. I forget what. It's got a star on. It got a star.
Speaker 6: That's all.
Speaker 11: That made me very sad because I'm thinking about like Sixers now, no shade like ta Wolves now, all the jerseys suck.
Speaker 5: Jerseys aren't aren't the best, not the best and can get.
Speaker 11: Timberwolves from from whatever they got on now it's too clean like that KG ruggedness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, like I want to I want to picture Steffan in that thing, like is that Yeah, it's well, it's funny too because like the best jerseys like every year are when they're like we're bringing that one back from the nineties. You're like, yo, like I got like I got the Grizzly I got a Grizzlies jersey because they did the Vancouver one.
Speaker 5: Oh oh.
Speaker 4: Because at the time I was also a big Sharif abdoor Raheem fan too, was kind of nostalgic for me.
Speaker 3: But anyway, look, see just ask me, we got to keep this going, Jack, Do.
Speaker 2: You have a sorry question? Another question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, our final question, what is the one moment or game from NBA history that you wish Twitter had been around for obviously pre to thousand and whatever, year nine or six.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just for the discourse. I know it's an easy one, but I would go Finals Jazz Bulls, Jordan's push off Diddy Didney, Oh, because I would want to see everybody dissect that plane.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and to obliviate.
Speaker 5: Be flu game conspiracy theories right away.
Speaker 11: You know it was pizza, but yeah, yeah, you see it's so much drama around that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Jordan's not the goat that would have also been the big Yeah.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine some clowns just like saying that with their whole chest. You're like, yeah, okay, yeah, well you know what, I'm gonna save this tweet for twenty years exactly.
Speaker 5: It's Bob Cousy.
Speaker 3: It's Bob Coosy always was.
Speaker 5: George Might.
Speaker 6: Unfair shade.
Speaker 11: He was good, and I just feel like everybody him because he is not as good as the generation is coming after him obviously.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just like thee of him dribbling around like it looks like he had just invented dribbling like fifteen seconds before that clip, he's.
Speaker 12: Like, look at what I can do with the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, spinning, spinning around.
Speaker 4: That always shows you like like why, Like you know, when we started the show, it's always about like the game is always evolving like forward and getting better and better and better, and like that's where we start. And look at where we're at now with like the kind of stuff we see Aunt do and everybody.
Speaker 3: Ah, anyway, it's it's good times. It's good times for the neutral. And I now declare myself a netrol.
Speaker 5: To be a neutral and an hour and just come to the light.
Speaker 12: Now, come to the light now, and we're back.
Speaker 5: Warrenshaw.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, I think you're maybe you're you're you're my favorite Celtics fan.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, you know, because because.
Speaker 5: Not tough competition man Love.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I think you're my favorite child and my own child.
Speaker 5: You or Donnie Wahlberg.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Donnie at the game the other night?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But anyway, it is time for the fourth quarter rapid fire rout of questioning. This is the fastest question answer segment in all sports podcasting history. Warren, you've done this before. We're going to ask you a question, just reply quickly, give us a sinct answer. Don't nothing too long because we're trying to maintain our titles. The fastest question, answer segment and pop past history. And if you take too long, we will be rude to you, and we will take our anger out as Sixers and Lakers fans on you in a way that is disproportionate and maybe inappropriate. But you're a brave person, you're stand up man, so we expect nothing less from you.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 10: Does it get a pop?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Start the clock?
Speaker 4: Don't do any easy ones, Jack, but we gotta we gotta make Warren.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm crossing the ones out right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good ones, pull up, pull up his phone records, pull up his phone records.
Speaker 2: Do that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the ones from June twenty thirteen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Old Warren.
Speaker 3: Oh, you made a lot of calls to this number.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go. Uh.
Speaker 4: First question, this is from the discord and shout out to everybody that goes on the discord. What what what will the crowd reaction be like in Boston if it's Kyrie and the MAVs rolling into town, will the turned up crowd get guys like Luca and Kyrie going. Will it be an atmosphere that will just be terrible for everyone? What are your what's your thoughts on the atmosphere when they come to town?
Speaker 9: Crash negative something, no chill, no chill. So it's gonna be awful. And that's the one part I don't want. Any part of Kyrie is gonna rains of booze. And I just they don't throw stuff, That's all I can say. Just it's not a great fan base when it comes to Kyrie.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, sure, And like much of the way that you're powered by the tiers of Laker fans, Kyrie is powered by the booze of Boston fans.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that could, that could. Yeah, that's a battery for him, for sure.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of talk about how the home court advantage has gone away. People aren't like doing that much better at home, if better at all at home? What do you think? What's your theory on that?
Speaker 9: Funny listening to a show talking about that earlier today, and rest has a lot to do with it, you know, I think so the visiting team can kind of come in and you know, the.
Speaker 10: Travel is better, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 9: But I just think teams are better proportionately matched in general from what we've seen more recently in recent years. So I don't think home court advenge is what it once was, but you know, I'd still rather have it than not, but it doesn't hold.
Speaker 10: The same weight that I think it did fifteen ten years ago.
Speaker 5: Also, there's something we've talked about in the past about NBA players being sort of SPIKEE fueled and like feeling like everybody it's them against the world. I wonder if like there's a part of it where like they react better to people like hating on them, Like yeah, right, exactly. Like a lot of it is like, you know, just made up hate, but like you know, you have to motivate yourself somehow, but like it when you're on the road, you actually get to like hear it and feel it. And it's like the type of person who becomes a great player these days has to do it in the face of just torrents of you know, hate on social media. I just wonder if, like, for a modern player, that is a more effective way to get going than like the adulation of the home crowd is like curing booze and anger. Right, that's my that's my loose, uh, soft brained.
Speaker 4: You're like yeah, and then like people like MJ and then Kobe kind of really made it that thing where it's like, yeah, go ahead, I want to hear it, and then you stick that job out.
Speaker 3: And you're like you're in trouble. But that was a long time ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But like, I feel like the feeling of quieting a crowd something that I have a lot of experience with in our live shows. I feel like that's got to be one of the more powerful feelings that you can get.
Speaker 10: I can give you a terrible example.
Speaker 9: I played intramural yeah basketball when I did, and we played against those frats and yeah, you know, they brought their sorority girls out and they're h and my little pickup team you beat them.
Speaker 10: I felt some type of way. Yeah, that's true motivation. So yeah, translates all levels.
Speaker 5: That is the experience of playing against the Boston Celtics, by the way, is playing against a fraternity with a bunch of play. We're playing sap.
Speaker 4: Baby line was Pike so okay, yeah, oh and gammified Beta coming.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, don't worry. I will.
Speaker 4: I'll probably hit a air ball or two in that game. All right, was that a question or are you getting sure?
Speaker 5: Let's go say that was a question.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was a question, all right, Warred.
Speaker 4: You can go back in time to personally witness any finals matchup from history. However many games a series went, you get courtside tickets to each game.
Speaker 10: What series are you sitting courts with?
Speaker 5: Heat? Series are you choosing?
Speaker 10: God, i'd go.
Speaker 9: Back into I can't remember what year I'm gonna get it wrong, but obviously one of the ones Bird beat Magic, So you know, I don't know if that's.
Speaker 10: Four fives one of those one of those years.
Speaker 9: So I was, you know, a fledgling individual at that at that time of my life and wasn't really following basketball in that But I think you just understanding what that rivalry.
Speaker 10: Was like, not the first, but the most.
Speaker 9: No, I don't only say, I want to say this right, one of the more iconic rivalries in NBA history, you know, Bird.
Speaker 10: Versus Magic, And yeah, for sure, something that I can definitely relate to.
Speaker 3: It's the year of my birth, nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: The amount of second hand smoke you're gonna have to deal with back there though.
Speaker 9: Man oh yeah, yeah yeah and Rady and cigars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm good, yeah, saying eighty seven better? Maybe why okay? Places of the NBA for the next five years?
Speaker 10: Uh shaye?
Speaker 5: Aunt Wemby sha't Webby? Okay, who's Aunt Wemby?
Speaker 2: That's my aunt Wenby?
Speaker 5: Is it not Luca? Because of how bad his forearm tattoo is, Like that's that's one of the worst professional athlete tattoos, right, Like I say, sometimes I'm like, what did he smear on there? What is going on with Like there's like a you know what I mean, it's like kind of what.
Speaker 2: He what's he smearing on?
Speaker 5: Like smeared a little bit?
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's hard to do, isn't it? Like an eye, like an all seeing eye kind of thing. And I think like a hawk flying into the moon.
Speaker 5: Hey, I can't hate, all right, I can't hate. You've seen the little sun rise I have at the base of my back, so yeah, exactly, I can't. I can't complain. I'm oh yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he does front and back.
Speaker 5: So Warren, we've seen teams und my belly but brought in the style.
Speaker 3: Is it Reggie, who is it?
Speaker 4: So we got teams like the Grizzlies, thunder Magic taking steps you know, to.
Speaker 3: The next level over the last few years.
Speaker 4: Who are Can you give us two teams you think we can also expect something similar from that are going to be in the conversation that previously wasn't because.
Speaker 10: We're seeing that is not those teams you just mentioned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's the ones that fully encapsulate what I've just said, go outside the bounds and give us a prediction.
Speaker 9: So listen, I think Houston's closer than people want to admit. Yeah, coaching is a real situation there, and I love Shangoon and a thing jelling is is going to be a dude, So I'd pick Houston there, you know, try and think from an Eastern Conference standpoint. There's not a lot like right now you have mentioned right, so yeah, you know, I would hope Detroit gets rocked together, but they're nowhere near where they be. So I guess I'll go with the safe pick care and then in your conference finals, and I.
Speaker 10: Guess the Pacers we'll see them again. They should be so good.
Speaker 4: So I mean, man like Memo hard Yeah, he's you talked about like you thought he would be the last time.
Speaker 10: Me too.
Speaker 9: You know, yeah, he's not particularly quick, but he's crafty and you know a little half turns doing the smitty and you know leanings and decent shot, you know, the little goose snake on his threes.
Speaker 10: Hey, I could rock with that.
Speaker 5: I could rock.
Speaker 10: I think you're a super producer saying the Spurs.
Speaker 9: But until they can get some help someone rights, it's basically us three running around with right now. And that's that's not gonna cut it right.
Speaker 5: Over under a number of seasons until Wemby is top three MVP voter.
Speaker 9: Uh so over under I'm going to say over one, but i'd say literally in year three.
Speaker 5: So wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, I mean and and I mean that's that's contradicting what I just said though in terms of Spurs won't be a good basketball team, you know, record wise, but I don't know that we'll be able to deny his his statistical impact. And if you know, people do say, you know what, I want to go play with that guy, you know, the Alien or whatever his logo is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, maybe they will be able to rebuild a lot faster, but he's ridiculous.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's hard to for somebody to live up to the expectations in that first year that that was put on him too.
Speaker 10: And I know, you guys rode up summer League and.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 9: Don't you remember the spectacle that it was, you know, yeah, trying to watch him out there?
Speaker 5: It was actually was he there?
Speaker 4: I didn't do you remember the how quiet it got in Thomason Max Center. This second will touch the ball even everyone's watch, Yeah, and they're like, oh my god, he missed that dunk.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this guy is a way stroll.
Speaker 5: He's I'm calling it.
Speaker 3: I'm out on this webby guy.
Speaker 5: And then he almost hit his head on the rim, just like walking by, and I was like, oh, oh, this is gonna be weird.
Speaker 3: He needs spacial awareness, uh, A warrant.
Speaker 4: Finally, this summer, you know, we're planning on doing a dive into some nineties players, some of our favorites of the era.
Speaker 3: During the offseason.
Speaker 4: We're going to highlight different players, give us a few recommendations of people that you think you know, especially for newer fans, nineties era players that we absolutely they need to be familiar with Well.
Speaker 9: I think I spoke about this maybe the last time I was on, but I'm definitely it's an only good a bit of goodie for me, the draws and Petrovitch nets. So what Derek Holeman as well to d C was a problem.
Speaker 10: He wasn't always motivated, but yeah, he was a problem back in the nineties.
Speaker 9: And then to keep it h Boston centric j Lewis, you know, and not to make you know, not to be morbid about it in any capacity. Obviously he passed on. Uh, but he was a bucket, you know, he could he could really hoop. So those are guys I think, you know, people would love it, should should want to learn more about you know, those those those.
Speaker 10: Three guys, if you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, he kept that four four on him.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, warren Shaw, it has been a pleasure and an honor having you on Miles and Jack on Mad BOOSTI so you could sip on our loser tears this episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'd love to have you back on if the Celtics don't win the title. Man, we got love to We would love to have you back on if they win. It's been nice meeting you. Good luck, yeah, good luck.
Speaker 4: At your future endeavors, but we will not be able to look.
Speaker 5: You in the eye if you just and Dan. So this is the fastest segment in uh, not just basketball podcasting, podcasting in general. We can ask you questions you're coming back with just the first answers that come out of your brain. Uh, just sounds whatever, It can be pre lingual. We just want we want it fast, okay, and if you slow it down at all, we will blame you and hold it against you. Does that sound good? Yeah? All right, Brian, start the clock. I don't like that. I don't I don't feel good it does. It's not becoming Brian. It's okay. If you don't, you know, do whatever you want. All right. We've been asking our guests what is the official state bird of your state? In this case New York, the blue jay? I have no idea. Yeah, we we don't know. We don't care about that. What is the unofficial state bird of New York?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Like a probably a crow? Black crow? Yeah, okay, yeah, that is incorrect. We would accept trash pigeon, big bird, but the suit smells like urine, or just straight up a rat. Any of those would have been okay, Yeah, all right, Jabari, unto you.
Speaker 13: What is your favorite all time throwback shoe and jersey?
Speaker 3: And I noticed you got a Team Mac jersey back there, But would that be in there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 14: My favorite throwback jersey would be those Vancouver Grizzlies, like teal jerseys or just spectacular yeah with the bear.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they got the bear on there.
Speaker 14: My favorite throwback shoe, I would be a Team AC shoe if you guys. I don't remember the actual addition of it, but it was from Adidas that had like the spider web with the blue like it was white and had like the blue lines that looked like spider webs.
Speaker 5: It was in all those gop Milk magazine ads.
Speaker 14: When I finally capped the pair of those and I was playing youth basketball, I thought I was so freaking cool.
Speaker 5: Those those were awesome. Man. I just googled t back throwback spider web and Google does not know what to do with that. So, all right, what's the best slice for your money in All New York? Ooh? Uh pizza?
Speaker 14: Oh no, not cheesecakey thing about that? Then two brothers or two boots. There's like a place in Rockefeller Center or something that's the best pizza I ever had.
Speaker 5: It's like some hole in the wall place.
Speaker 2: They might be called like two Boots Pizza or something.
Speaker 5: Really Rockefeller Center hot, Damn the Rockefellers still doing it after all these years. All right, that is also incorrect, but I won't get into it. I'm a fan of John's or Bleaker Street Pizza, but those are both happened to be around where I lived when I was in New York, so uh, probably biased, Jabari, what you got?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: You know we're heading into the year.
Speaker 13: We're doing all these fantastic breakdowns Southeast Division. Of course, what is your biggest sleeper team or sleep What are your sleeper teams setting into the season.
Speaker 14: I just want to pick the Pelicans, so you guys could yell at me again like you have the pass.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I kind of like it. I feel like people forgot that Dejonte is on the Pelicans.
Speaker 14: Now they don't have any centers, so it's like easy to forget them against the place center there. I think for the sake of variety, the Houston Rockets have like twenty five guys that belong to an NBA rotation, and I actually think that we're gonna look back on this draft and wonder why Reed Shepherd wasn't taken number one. That guy gives off like Steph Curry vibes and just the way he gets to his mid range, the shooting in general. I think he'll end up being a really good passer. I don't know how much they're going to play him because they have so many dudes, but like Jabari Smith really good, I'm in Thompson really good. They have Shane Goon, Dylan Brooks is a psycho, Tarr Easton is defensive chaos creator. I don't know if they're interested in winning, but they won more. They forty one and forty one or forty and forty two last year. Like that's a team that people don't have penciled into kind of the playing territory or even the top six running. It would not shock me if their offense gets a little bit better. The defense is still elite. And this is a team that we're talking about like late in the year as a as a dark horse.
Speaker 5: Well he did it, Jabari. I know you said no chance he makes it through another rapid fire round of questioning, But Danny Beans, Dan Favalley, you have done it. You have made it and we're back, and we're back.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jason, it's been a really fun conversation up until this point.
Speaker 3: Because you are now in the hot seat. This is the rapid fire round of budding.
Speaker 4: These are the fastest question and answer segments that we have ever done in the history of podcasting ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna ask a question.
Speaker 4: You just answer it quick, don't think too hard, just give us the instant reaction. And if you take too long and threaten our title as fastest question and answer segment in podcasting history, we will be very rude.
Speaker 5: Okay, just don't make me look like a full in front of the NBA, Jason. Don't we promise them. We said the show is going to be mediocre, but the asked to say the rapid fire segment is.
Speaker 3: Going to be so fastest you've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Just me, we will be able to dunk on everybody we have on the show, just so you know.
Speaker 5: And your threat, it's a big you're making different anger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't like you. We don't like you, but it's back. Get the confidence back. Here we go, Jason.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it all right?
Speaker 3: Then, here we go.
Speaker 6: Briant.
Speaker 5: Ye right, yeah, yeah, I'm just nervous, man.
Speaker 3: I was just I was just rewatching the video and Jason's.
Speaker 5: Twitterlight real wake off to the highlight reel and the footnote the show.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow.
Speaker 5: Uh here here here we go?
Speaker 3: Uh you should we do it?
Speaker 5: Should we do one?
Speaker 3: I mean, sorry, I'm nervous again. I just I was looking at another replay here.
Speaker 5: Why why don't we kick it off here? Uh? You want to go? Yeah, I'll go. Okay.
Speaker 4: This is the fastest question and answer segment. Just you know, Jason, this isn't us being rusty. This is a little bit of This is how we fake them out, you know what I mean a little bit.
Speaker 15: Of Is this like when you're on the polygraph where they ask you all the boring questions first.
Speaker 4: Exactly and just like a polygraph, this is also pseudo scientific. Here's the first question, Jason, this is from our discord.
Speaker 3: Is there a current comp for pre injury Grant Hill.
Speaker 15: I don't think so that that like super springy two guard pull up shooter hadn't really been I mean, it is the closest thing we've had to but most of the two guards we've had are like the Booker and hardin types, which are a little bit less athletic, a little more skill based.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmmm.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, that's correct.
Speaker 3: That is correct. That is correct.
Speaker 5: You got that one. I know you said, no way he gets this one. But he got it.
Speaker 3: He nailed it. I'm nervous now.
Speaker 5: It is currently NBA Dunk Week. So what's your all time favorite in game dunk and your four dunkers in your all time fantasy dunk contests? Dunk say dunk?
Speaker 2: There you go, And.
Speaker 15: Admittedly biased, but the Lebron dunk over use of Nurkic. Every time I see the highlight, I still don't know how he did it. His body was moving kind of like away from the rim, and he took off from like the third hash outside the block and was like this and just that was absurd. Vince Carter's always number one for me all time. That Strow Miles Swift video. Every single time it comes around, I just have to watch it. That's like one of my rules. I have a handful of rules as a human. You always watch the Strow Miles Swift video when it comes around. I'll go with let's see so Carter, Lebron Stromile' if I have to give you a fourth, I'll go with I'll go with T mac Yam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, T Max is getting out to you.
Speaker 3: Got to you got to now.
Speaker 4: I guess this is something since we've been talking about in the nineties and how younger fans kind of put or just people who maybe not were as not engaged with basketball back then, have some misconceptions about the game. What is one of the biggest misconceptions that people have about the way the game was played in the eighties or nineties and the impact that it's had today.
Speaker 15: I think that the idea that that defenses are getting worse is a major misconception. I think like people forget that, like the offense, the offense is always improving as we get better at schemes and understanding how to generate better shots for people, but also just the skill level of players is increasing. But at the same time, like it's not like the league isn't also trying to solve that. On the defensive end, It's like we're seeing it now a team's trying to take away the three in the rim and in different pick and roll coverages that are designed to get the ball out of the primary ball handler's hands. Defense is actually better than it's ever been. It's just the offense is growing at a faster rate. And I think that a lot of times there's just a misconception about defense was better in the nineties. It wasn't. It was really good still, it's just as a league, the offense is outpacing it right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, that was the right end you up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was the right answer, Jason, But it took way too long for you to say that, So I don't know if we can count that one, just so you know, but that was the right answered.
Speaker 5: That was all right answer. Give us a dark horse team for this next year, and also a dark horse player who you want to see on the twenty twenty eight Olympic team.
Speaker 15: Dark horse team. I think a lot of people forget how good Memphis was. I think they're gonna be top four seed, like right away. I think they they kind of found a couple of forwards in their system between like guys like Vince Williams and Gigi Jackson and John Moran. I'd like I threw out this stat the other day, like he just immediately came in. It was awesome and helped them win, win a lot of win a lot of games. Whore he got hurt? What was the second part of the question.
Speaker 5: All right, give me a dark horse player? Do you want to see on the twenty twenty eight Olympic team?
Speaker 15: On the twenty twenty eight Olympic team? Ah, I'll go with how about Kevin Durant?
Speaker 5: Lebron's a given, let's make back up there.
Speaker 15: But if there was an old guy who would come back, I'd be him, right because he's such a right like Yeah, like Katie just taking spot up jump shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just like he's he's just stuck there in the corner. Man, just find him.
Speaker 5: He's in love too. Hoop. All right?
Speaker 4: And I got to say, we have seen your mixtape on the Twitter bio, But what is your personal highlight for you as a basketball player? Was the nastiest in game moment for you that you still think about when you put yourself to bedtnight.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 15: I would say, if I had to off the top of my head, I would say when I was at when I was in Juco, I had a tip dunk once that I surprised myself with where I was coming down the lane and I was actually just going to grab the offensive rebound. And when I went up and got it, I remember vividly in my head like looking over and seeing the rim like right here, and I was just like, oh, yeah, but we've had I mean, we've had that happen to us, dude, Jack and I a lot, like I'll do.
Speaker 3: It right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, too often, But it happens too often where I'm not prepared for how high I jumped, like hoop. I wish I could get it through my thing. You have incredible springs down there, buddy, got bunnies.
Speaker 15: I think I think that's probably it. Like I just like everybody else, there's a there's it's basketball for me, and I'm sure it is for you guys too, Like it's it's a thing that's lasted for decades for me. So I just have, you know a lot of memory, Like you know, what I've had a lot of fun with is just like as an old guy playing in like money tournaments more than there's cash on the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just had.
Speaker 15: I just had one a few weeks ago where I put in three hundred bucks as an entry feed. Me and a buddy of mine split the entry fee, and we brought a team in and like it was double elimination and we lost in the first championship game. We had to like come back and win two in a row, and like the ac was broken in the gym. It was like eighty five degrees and like those moments when you like win the cash and like and you're with a bunch of dudes who used to play in college. Like, I've actually had a lot of enjoyment in the game post college, which is something that I didn't expect. The big part of that is I'm just a lot better now than I used to be when I was in college.
Speaker 3: Well this this is true. Some white men can jump.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it turns out, and I find it troubling perfectly, all right.
Speaker 3: Any time you get up there, Jack, You're like, why am I going so high?
Speaker 5: I'm too high? This can't handle the landing. Miles, Oh Miles, Oh dear.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is the fourth quarter. It is time for the rapid fire round of questioning. Dragonfly Jones, you are one of our favorite guests, one of our favorite people to talk to.
Speaker 3: Also a fantastic follow on Twitter. If you if you.
Speaker 4: Don't know, you should learn yourself but I'm sorry to do this to you. You are now in the hot seat. You know how this goes. We asked the questions. You don't think about it. You just give us your first instincts.
Speaker 5: Just react.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't give us long winded answers, because we'd like to keep the temple up like this.
Speaker 4: This segment goes exactly and I will not slow down my way of speaking, and we will be rude to you if you slow down the segment. With all that said, do you consent to being part of this rapid fire round of question?
Speaker 5: And we had to we need to get here.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, thank you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Illegal and then State Farm Insurance. Yeah, we need to get your consent.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well you said you're ready, and so are we.
Speaker 5: So Brian start the clock. So mean.
Speaker 4: Uh Dracula, Yeah, Dracula you want to go draft?
Speaker 5: I guess we yeah? Uh? Why don't you kick us off? Miles?
Speaker 3: Oh me?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You here we go?
Speaker 3: Couldn't Dragonfly Jones?
Speaker 4: What is your all time favorite throwback shoe and jersey? They don't necessarily have to go together, but please call out the most powerful basketball garments in the universe.
Speaker 16: This this might be a sleeper pick. It is the ninety five Jason Kids. If you're flights, Yeah yeah. They came out in black and white and blue and white, and the black and white ones, like I got a pair of those as we speak.
Speaker 5: So those bubble on the side, yep, yeah, yeah, yeah, a couple.
Speaker 2: Of I think very few.
Speaker 4: I would just like to remind you on the cover art for this very podcast, I was with Jack got mad Boostie's my caricature is rocking those exact sneakers because that is my favorite basketball and we.
Speaker 2: Just think I'm best friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know what's funny every time they every time Nike releases them, they're like sitting and I'm always like, what's wrong.
Speaker 2: With these kids?
Speaker 5: This is iconic.
Speaker 2: This don't appreciate history, man, that's all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yep.
Speaker 4: And they're like, well, look at those washed sneakers. They always say I have washed sneakers, but I'm like, yeah, they are clean, thanks, kids, just wash okay and Jersey Jersey Jersey.
Speaker 2: You know. It is you know, keeping with the Jerry West theme.
Speaker 16: It is the the icy blue Lakers, you know, like the Jerry West era. I had the Icy Blue Kobe eight back in like, oh yeah, yeah, so that's my favorite throwback.
Speaker 3: B Yeah, it's a beautiful jersey.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 4: I love blue, and obviously the Lakers were purple and gold. So whenever I had a chance to rock that, I will. And Dragonfly Jones, that was a fantastic answer. But that to entirely to the next question. I'm sitting over here checking my non existent watch.
Speaker 5: Well Jack's beard that grew looking like hello, who's there? Uh, Dragonfly Jones. We are playing pick up with presidents of these United States. I actually just took the first pick, and I took Obama. All presidents are in their peak physical condition. Who are you taking next? Jerald Ford?
Speaker 16: He is perhaps the most accomplished athlete to ever service president. He was an offensive lineman at Michigan. I know we're talking basketball, but there's a certain brand of basketball that football players play where they do all the dirty work. They set screens, they rebound, they get put backs. You know, the type of guy that you wanted your things. So I'll probably go Jeryl Ford. If Obama's off the board.
Speaker 5: God shoul, they're taking Gerald Ford.
Speaker 2: You guys like.
Speaker 16: Obama, man, you got to get is going to be the guy sting screens for you.
Speaker 5: I am a dirty work kind of player, and I need somebody who's got a sweet jumper. And that's what I'm That's why I took Obama first, and I'm going to get in the middle and tussle with Ford. Spend the fact that he's gonna.
Speaker 4: Jam all day, like get Eric, like yeah, Zurich and you're like, thank you, mister, thank.
Speaker 16: You, sir.
Speaker 5: Also, I feel like I'd be interested to see what Lincoln could do, even though he was president before basketball was in.
Speaker 12: Each height.
Speaker 5: And also the like he was famous when he was a young person for being one of the best wrestlers at that time, Like wrestling was just two people enter a ring and whoever could knock the other person off their feet would win. So I just like he just had natural He naturally had that dog in him. Uh so Lincoln would have been interesting.
Speaker 4: Lincoln did in fact have that dog in him. Yeah, okay, next question, Dragonfly. One of these gotta go Little Penny grandmama or Mars black Man grandmama.
Speaker 16: And the only reason that Grandmama has to go is because I got to say that the Larry Johnson converces are the weakest out of that bunch.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was a great gimmick. I thought Grandmama was a great gimmick. I remember when.
Speaker 16: When you know, he even had the special appearance on Family Matters, Right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great gimmick.
Speaker 16: But but but little Penny, Little Penny was hilarious.
Speaker 2: I love those commercials.
Speaker 16: That's Tyra Banks food like that all the top his day, Mars Blackman with I mean, it's just so wild to look back and realize there was an ad campaign with Michael Jordan and Spike Lee at a point in time, right, like that's just his but yeah, so so yeah, I mean LGLJ gets to cut here, unfair.
Speaker 5: Okay, I actually just figured out that that is Larry Johnson. When you when you just said that, I was like, you are elderly advertising lj's shoes.
Speaker 4: You're like grandma Ma, who was selling cons with the react juice. That was Larry Johnson.
Speaker 16: No, and Larry Johnson converse reacts where a awkwa eights if you really really yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But you don't want to start that conversation, do you. The NBA always avoiding the hot topics, that's right, Yeah, all right, give us biggest sleeper team heading into the season.
Speaker 2: Biggest sleeper team heading into the season.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, did you explain that? I know that's okay. Look you did right.
Speaker 3: He might be going through something I didn't want to.
Speaker 5: I just want to make sure that we covered off on everything.
Speaker 3: No, we did, No, we did, we did.
Speaker 4: And I'm just going being very rude to him on text so the listeners don't have to be subjective.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with the Hornets.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, that's it. There are very few answers you could have given that would have rendered me speechless, but that so that is one where Vegas is up on them. They think they're going to get more wins. And I was trying to figure it out. So now you can explain it to me. Why are we up on the Hornets.
Speaker 16: I think their coach is going to turn things around there. Charles Lee got who who was on the uh. He was assistant on the on the Bucks championship squad, he was an assistant on the Celtics championship squad. I think he's got that pedigree there where he's going to turn things around because I think they got the town. I think LaMelo is incredible, But I just I feel like LaMelo's suffering from that whole you know, empty stats, you know label and and I think a guy like Charlesley can come in there and turn things around and maximize that team.
Speaker 2: So I'm going with the Hornets man, Okay.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: I do like that.
Speaker 3: That's a wind in myself.
Speaker 5: LaMelo is has that reputation as an empty stats person, but like gets everybody involved, does make his teammates better, is fun to play with, So like, that's that's not a lot.
Speaker 2: That's I don't care how emptier stats are you fun to look at.
Speaker 5: If he's playing really well, like I could totally see that just like being infectious, and like suddenly we're all like, look at the Hornets. Everybody right, Nobody was predicting this except Dragon part Jones, who is amazing. Well, thank you so much for joining us, But well I think you nailed it right.
Speaker 3: Answers as we look at all Yeah, he did them.
Speaker 5: All all right.
Speaker 1: That will do for Mad Boostie's Best of Rapid Fire twenty twenty four and we will see you in the new year.
Speaker 10: Thanks