Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling. You're a coward.
Speaker 3: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by bad Larry Shay and Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick, Larry.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen Shay, so we're going to get started. So he's no problem being unprofessional and I know you're being professional.
Speaker 3: How are the new teeth perfect?
Speaker 4: The Permanence go in? This is? That was my second trip down the Permanent's go in on the fifteenth, I.
Speaker 5: Believe was this a full set? Larry up to tops?
Speaker 3: Just tops? Okay?
Speaker 1: But are you finding that you're smiling more?
Speaker 4: No? I laugh all day, Dan, well.
Speaker 1: And trust no, trust me, we're laughing at you too.
Speaker 5: And your dentist is he goes to the bank.
Speaker 4: Yes, we got a big I gotta put the seatbelt on. We got a big everyone's in town, Dan. I don't know why, but MB was supposed to retire August first, so the kids are all came here for the week, so everyone's in town. It's a little busy at the hop.
Speaker 1: Mb is Larry's wife Mary Mary Beth. So she was a nurse for many, many, long, long time.
Speaker 5: But you said supposed to retire today, she is retiring.
Speaker 4: She retired July first. In said August first. But the kids had planned a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: So they're all here recapping. Dan Patrick takes a gamble bad. Larry plus twenty two units on the season, lost one unit last week, Shay minus two and a half. He lost one unit, and Dyl is you're calling your way back. You won two units last week? Is that right? Everybody's math good?
Speaker 4: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Okay, Marvin is here, pretty, Surrey is here, Dylan's here, yours truly, and then we'll see if Shay shows up.
Speaker 5: And he's probably hiding a body in like Galveston or something.
Speaker 1: You think, no, he's back from Texas. I think allegedly.
Speaker 5: Allegedly that's called an alibi.
Speaker 1: Dan, is there anything any Olympic topics that you guys would like to talk about or recap you You had the send River athlete puked after the race.
Speaker 6: I've been very obviously you've talked about on the show. But I've been very dialed in on that story because the whole thing is ridiculous that they even like they did surfing in Tahiti, they couldn't have found a different place from the jump to do the swimming part of the triathlon.
Speaker 3: I would have thought you could have maybe just used the pool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, Like it's just a distance thing, So just have them, right, like dude laps in the Olympic pool and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, couldn't you have one swimmer at one end and one at the other end of each lane and then you just kind of take the like take.
Speaker 6: The lanes out or like the lanemarker things and just yeah, and just just go versus getting equal.
Speaker 7: Iy.
Speaker 1: It feels like an inexact science anyway, So just throw them in the pool, let him swim for a while, and then say all right, everybody else, and then get on your bike. Get on your bike and ride. Let me see.
Speaker 6: I did always think that was funny about triathlons, that like you have to swim and then get on like a bike seat all wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't look like it's fun. That looks like there's chaff.
Speaker 5: Chafing, chafing everyone. But it's so you don't drown, which I learned after the fact. Oh because like.
Speaker 6: That's because like they don't want you to do like running biking and then get in the water fatigued.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, uh Football's back Hall of Fame game coming up tonight. The spread, by the way, went from Bears minus one and a half to the Bears getting one. Caleb Williams is not going to play. Rest of the starters won't play. What do you think this hinged on? Where all of a sudden book, I don't know, man, I think the Bears they're gonna they're gonna be an underdog here.
Speaker 5: Well Vegas didn't. It's not like they thought he was gonna play, right, No, No, But what changed I don't know.
Speaker 1: From minus one and a half to plus one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, big move?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why why do you think that is?
Speaker 4: Larry, I have no idea preseason. I'm betting the over just because I probably will have the game on somewhere tonight and I got a roof for a couple of touchdowns. I went back and forth, I wasn't gonna bet it, and then I for the show, and then I decided to take the over.
Speaker 1: I think the over is like thirty one.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 7: Well, I was gonna say I think I don't think Roma Dunze is even playing. I think, like I think we knew Caleb wasn't gonna play, But I don't even think Roman Dunesa is playing, So that could have flipped it too.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's playing. It sounds like, yeah, I don't think so, but Roma doonsay playing or not playing is not going to make it go from minus one and a half to plus one.
Speaker 6: I mean maybe maybe some big bets have come in on the Texans, do you think I mean it's I mean, that would be the only thing outside of like football related stuff that would move.
Speaker 1: And I think, well, who's who's the backup quarterback for the Texans.
Speaker 7: They have a sneaky good quarterback room. They have case Keenum, Oh yeah, he's a winner, and they have Davis Mills.
Speaker 6: Okay, Davis Mills had a moment there at Stanford.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, better than Tyson Baguette or whatever is.
Speaker 1: Wait, I thought Davis Mills was from Stanford.
Speaker 8: No, no Texans legend.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I thought he was.
Speaker 1: Okay, there was a moment there a couple of moments. Guy, yeah, I agree. Let me see recapping here with bad Larry kind of a couple of baseball hits, a couple of misses. Shay just hit on one baseball, missed on two. Dylan, you did pretty well with your Olympic stuff, at least I think you've done. Are these all futures in here?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well there's some futures and uh only two or no four of that. So Cocoa golf lost and Serbia didn't cover. But Nicholas Geston.
Speaker 3: Did he win the canoe slalom?
Speaker 5: The CEE one canoe slalom? Damn those plus three hundred?
Speaker 1: All right, well you called it. Not many people did, but you you did.
Speaker 5: I did my homework.
Speaker 1: Uh So Spain to win handball, yep, that hasn't happened yet. No China to win table tennis, that happened minus ten fifty.
Speaker 5: Yes, she owes me a unit. Oh okay, we made our ten to.
Speaker 1: One bet and you got Shane Lowry to win the gold yep.
Speaker 5: I don't think that looks great.
Speaker 1: Uh yes, so Shikari Richardson to win the gold in the one hundred, yep, that's minus one eighty.
Speaker 6: And she u Keif of China to win bad Man's Golden that's plus two hundred.
Speaker 5: He's looked good.
Speaker 1: Would you rather watch bad mitton or table tennis?
Speaker 6: I would rather watch the take. I think the table tennis is cool bad I mean badminton is too. They're kind of one and the same, honestly, because you don't really know what you're looking at there, like them playing ping pong does not look.
Speaker 3: Like Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: If back from Tahas you got a little you look good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's speak in Spanish too, I just go back from Texas. Yeah, how did you? Motherfucker? Okay, how'd you do? We started without you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I heard about that, but that's just because I took the vote. I said, Dylan, what do you think you said? Yes that Larry said yes, so it's already two to one.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 6: Larry is just saying yes to something else happening, and it happened to be at the right time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, Larry was talking to somebody going yes, I go all right.
Speaker 5: He's talking to the dentist. Do you want more teeth?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Larry's got his not his official new teeth for his daughter's wedding. He's got the backups. So it's like the Hall of Fame game for your You got like the Wooden ones up there.
Speaker 5: George Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the backup teeth Old.
Speaker 5: Hickory, the second stringers are in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we recapped from last week. Anything that you would like to bring up with the Olympics anything, Uh, you're excited about bothering you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bothering me for sure. Okay, pretty much every one thing. One thing, okay, one thing, one thing that's bothering you. How are the flights? Were you okay? Getting back with all the computer glitchers?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what that happened the day we flew out that computer glitch thing. The whole ship went down. The day we were flying out every flight before us got canceled, all of them, and ours was good to go. Divine Providence Danny, No, oh yeah, that's Jesus. Absolutely. God was on the wing.
Speaker 2: No, you don't know what you know what it was?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: They were doing everything they could in Dallas to get you out.
Speaker 3: No, he's want to slide into Dallas. They wanted me there. It was God. Yeah, And I went to church a few times Why are you going to church because I want to go to heaven.
Speaker 1: You're not going to heaven.
Speaker 3: I already am. I'm saved, Danny.
Speaker 5: No, there's no fucking shot. You set foot in a church?
Speaker 3: Went twice?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why what do you mean? Why? Because I love Jesus? You're going to hell? Your phony? Okay?
Speaker 1: Did you love Jesus when you're with you know, crack Horse? And uh I did.
Speaker 3: I'm a layered man, I've got I've got layers of this shipcotomy.
Speaker 5: Is actually exclusive.
Speaker 1: And I apologize to the crack Horse.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, Danny, you stay up for three days and pretend you don't believe in Jesus. That's the only one you're talking to. God.
Speaker 1: Get me the fuck out of here. Okay, so let's reintroduce. We have Bad Larry in Jersey. We have Shay and Irving here, Dylan is here, Ray the producer, and Marvin has to sit and listen to all this as he records it.
Speaker 3: That leads us to Betts.
Speaker 1: This week, Bad Larry, I'm going to start with you, since you're still the clubhouse leader.
Speaker 4: Not much out there today, Dan, we talked about the Olympics. I don't even watch the Olympics. That first week we got to get into the track and field and stuff. I couldn't care less about badminton or swimming or gymnastics.
Speaker 5: Okay, you gotta watch canoe.
Speaker 1: But the Olympics aren't for you, Larry. They're for your wife and your daughter and kids.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 4: Yes, they actually they actually are watching it. I'm in the other room watching. Yes, that's the baseball game.
Speaker 1: I bet on Yes, that's what the Olympics are for. Not for hardcore guys, hardcore sports fans. It's for your mom, grandmother, daughter, granddaughter. That's okay.
Speaker 4: Well then then I guess they're having a pretty good.
Speaker 1: They're doing extremely well.
Speaker 6: I've been ripping the Olympics because the opening ceremony that was probably love that ship.
Speaker 3: Wait are you not watching? Because no, Danny, I'm a weirdo, but I mean, come on, it was obvious what they were doing.
Speaker 6: They watched the Last Supper thing with a gun in his mouth. He's like, don't do it.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't give a shit about it. But the part that pisses me off is empty and like they weren't trying to be controversial, like of course you were like, don't intelligence. I don't give a ship. Do whatever you want. That's the most French ship I ever seen in my life. But don't pretend like, oh, it be so offended because it looks just like, God the fuck out of here, the dock, gray blue, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: The best part was the do you know what suck means?
Speaker 3: Means? Holy shit?
Speaker 6: The piano player during imagine on the Flake Floating Rock almost got lit on fire. Okay, just slow he had add like a little PLEXI and it just slowly builds up, and I was like, that was.
Speaker 1: Definitely it's all content, all right?
Speaker 3: So bad Layer.
Speaker 1: You got the Texans Bears over under over at thirty.
Speaker 4: One over thirty one, And I want to add a bet. I'm not a football game tonight. I'm gonna take Texas. She made it out out of Texas. I'm gonna bet on them tonight. I'm actually gonna bet on them too.
Speaker 3: I got them, do Layer, good job.
Speaker 4: Okay, Texas minus one one and a half.
Speaker 3: I got this one one oh.
Speaker 1: More. People are like the way I like.
Speaker 4: The way it swung from the Bears to text. So I'm gonna take So I want you want you to know all these things, Dan, the Guardians minus want fifteen against the Orioles. Okay, I want the I want the over in the Cards Cubs game seven and a half.
Speaker 3: I believe it was.
Speaker 4: I want the Braves. I know I'm laying like one or two hundred, you know, two to one, but the Braves over the Marlins and then over the thirty one and texted all one unit five one unit.
Speaker 3: Bets okay, uh shay, hey Danny Hey? Uh? Well, uh for the football under first half fifteen and a half, Houston laying one and a half against the Bombs. One is it one? Yeah? It's one now, not bad, it's still uh, motherfucking basketball? Or Ray, what the fuck? Where's my ship?
Speaker 7: You don't have yourself in there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I got Olympic basketball five units team USA to win the goal to win the gold. Yeah, minus five fifty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I don't see my golf bets.
Speaker 1: Uh you're bets? Are Sepstraka?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And Jason Day top five, JDA top ten. Yeah, all I got is a bears on here way to go?
Speaker 1: Ray, but I mean my shit, okay, but I have it, Okay, hit it okay? So Sepstraka top five plus four fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have sheet oh you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's.
Speaker 1: A tactical move, Jja top ten plus five hundred. Absolutely, I got Olympic basketball five units team USA to win the goal.
Speaker 3: That's free money, Danny, minus five fifty, it should be minus two thousand. What the fuck are we doing there?
Speaker 1: You're all over the women's soccer team absolutely winning the gold plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a feminization of America Danny.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm taking Spain. Wow are you yeah? Communists to Jason, yeah, absolutely, leftist government runs that country. Also runs Danny's brain. Everybody listening, I thought you'd The opening ceremonies were wonderful, exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, exactly half fun in hell with no ac.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will be in baseball. No, you want baseball? You got Miami in Atlanta over eight and a half. Yes, okay, and you got the Cardinals versus the Cubs.
Speaker 3: Might just want to fine, that's team in baseball, the Cardinals.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: I also want the Mariners to win the World Series plus twenty nine hundred. I want a unit on that. I love them, Okay, getting nasty. I like that.
Speaker 5: I have them to win the West.
Speaker 3: You already picked them preseason. Yeah, yeah, I fucked that.
Speaker 5: Up, but I feel like it's no one wants to fade the Astros.
Speaker 7: Yes, Ray, So Shay, you now have Mets to win the World Series up plus five thousand, Phillies to win the World Series at plus fifteen hundred, and the Braves plus four fifty amazing. That card's great, and Baltimore awesome to win the World Series at fourteen hundred, and the Cardinals and the Mariners and now the Mariners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bang, Biscuits, just pick a.
Speaker 2: Free balling all right, ideal?
Speaker 3: What do you have, all right?
Speaker 5: For the Hall of Fame game?
Speaker 6: I immediately wanted to take the Texans, and I realized that everyone probably was going to So I taking the Bears plus one.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't know if that's I mean, you don't apply logic. You just say, well, everybody's taking this, so I'm gonna take the other.
Speaker 5: Here's my logic. Shay and Larry both took the.
Speaker 3: Texans reverse jenks. I I could, all right, fair enough.
Speaker 5: And I'm taking under thirty and a half. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Total in thirty under thirty and a half or under thirty one.
Speaker 5: I mean it's probably been bouncing around.
Speaker 3: I'll take this thirty one. I got fifteen and a half on the first.
Speaker 5: Half, the thirty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, perfect. So I don't know how you can have a thirty and a half for you for the under and a thirty one for the over for everybody else.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Olympic basketball team USA versus Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna lay Puerto Rico, poor Rico.
Speaker 1: Lay.
Speaker 3: That's what we call it. Intacted poor Rico. They've barely got electricity. Don't tell Mario that he's Italian, isn't he think now? His name is Mario.
Speaker 5: He did think so because he's illiterate, But no, it's me.
Speaker 3: No, his name is Maria, Maria like the Virgin Ye. But in poor last time you went to puor Rico, I never been. It's one of my favorite places in the world.
Speaker 5: Danny, don't you go like watch cockfights?
Speaker 3: Cockfighting was legalized. They fucking Mitch McConnell canceled out in the Farm Bill about five years ago. That piece of shit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: They had cock fighting arenas, really cheap drugs, women everywhere, and beaches. It's just perfect. Casinos too perfect. Let's go all the food groups for you. It's I got everything I need, not coming home hunt. By the way, how's the family after the vacation to Texas? They're fine. They get spoiled down there. My mama knows I'm such a fucking mess that she just takes care of them like you know, they're her own, and takes care of the roommate.
Speaker 1: But nothing's wrong with you now.
Speaker 3: No, I'm definitely still I mean, listen to this podcast. I exactly normal. No, but you're not like on something. Yeah, I'm not drinking. I mean these guys are drinking white claw. I mean they're pounding, they're drinking white claw.
Speaker 1: You really struggle. Have you ever just took a taste? No, I mean walk by somebody's drink and go Yeah, in a bar.
Speaker 3: For sure, Yeah, okay, absolutely like a like a half drink beer on a table walking out. Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: Therefore you didn't buy a beer exactly.
Speaker 3: It wasn't me. That's when I was drinking. I would do that all the time. You know I'm talking about now. No, Danny, if I'm not doing it, I'm not doing it. I'm not gonna like cheat. Oh so you never go God, I know, but I've planned my relapse, like I know exactly when I'm going to do it, or like how I'm going to do it when I get that itch. I just planted out.
Speaker 1: Are you doing that now?
Speaker 3: No? I ain't playing nothing, but I will.
Speaker 5: We'll plan it for me.
Speaker 3: Well, what if something happens, Danny, where like my brain just clicks and says, you should get fucked up? I can't say no to that. Yeah you can, no, not you don't have my brain. You call me to what? Talk me down? Yeah? Okay, why don't you invite me over for dinner? Danny? I will? I will? Okay?
Speaker 1: Now am I viting the roommate?
Speaker 3: You said she has to come?
Speaker 1: I would like for her to be there as a buffer and the kids. I don't think we need that.
Speaker 7: Either.
Speaker 1: Let's see how we do, amen, Because look, your youngest scares me.
Speaker 3: She's tough, the other two delightful. She hit the roommate yesterday whom she's three. Yeah, she slapped the roommate on the chest, hit her pretty.
Speaker 8: Hard like Rick Flayers slab.
Speaker 3: Yeah pretty much. Yeah, that's a pretty good description it was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're living a different life than our kids.
Speaker 3: She's most the most violent child I have.
Speaker 8: Because that's one of those you're about to see the black side of my grandmother's hands.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa Hungrie with that racial stereotype. But I think it's more connected to geography. Like I think Yankees never really. I think they were the first ones to stop hitting their kids, you know what I mean, Like they're the most enlightened. They're like, oh, we shouldn't use or coups. But in the Southrener and no, not like Brenner, but like, you know, you you didn't hit your kids. I mean like north of the Mason. I was like, my grandmother from from the South, That's what I mean. That's what I mean. I'm from Ohio. Yeah, that's north of the Mason Dixon. I think that was that was a free state. I think it's generational. But you didn't hit your kids, not that I know of. My parents hit the ship out of us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we used to. My mom said, pick uh pick a switch. No, no, we could have the switch, or we could have a belt. It was a thin belt, and I took the switch every time. No, I had to switch it up. I was like Goodwill hunting. I'm like, all right, I think she wants to use the belt on.
Speaker 8: Me, raising that too, because Rai's got old parents.
Speaker 3: Your parents beat you.
Speaker 7: No, But if I, if I fucked up really bad, I would have to face some punishments.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I get whacked a couple of times, But you can't say.
Speaker 2: I got boxed.
Speaker 5: I got wooked you No, never.
Speaker 3: My dad never ever, she would lay it out. Yeah, she worked that ship.
Speaker 5: Out around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Right after they made you chicken pacada.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make you some warm milk, and I'm going to slap you around some French. How about you, bad Larry? Did you face a corporal punishment?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think though there were were There's no where you weren't getting hit to be hurt. You were more disappointed. Sure, memories are like, oh yeah I got hit by the belt. You got slapped on the butt with the belt more than the yelling. That guy you crying as opposed to the belt.
Speaker 1: No, no, the belt hurts the belt.
Speaker 4: Parent you know, No parent, no parent I know, wanted to hurt their kids with the belt. Could he did something? He kid me? I did have soap in my mouth for language. Once in a while, you'd be blowing bubbles.
Speaker 3: You probably got a cousin named Bubbles. Uh no, no.
Speaker 1: I think now if you give like a little pat on the rear end, you know, to you know, young baby, then the message.
Speaker 5: No no, it's like he's not gonna say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, uh yeah, but like it was just part of life back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's just a it's just a changing times thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know why they did it to us to be I think they deserve.
Speaker 5: I think that's that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I don't know if anybody deserves to be spanked or beaten.
Speaker 3: I did. Okay, I was a mess.
Speaker 8: I know where it came. I know where it came from. But I'll tell you guys, off mic, what.
Speaker 3: About off the No, No, we're not going yeah.
Speaker 5: The Quran actually correct the Quran.
Speaker 3: Wow, funny how they didn't mock the opening seriace Yeah, I know, how would that have gone? I didn't want to get No, we're not doing that, not bringing that up? What are you doing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to edit that out right. The Olympic basketball team USA minus thirty three of our Puerto Rico Yes.
Speaker 6: Dan, And I'm going to hedge that with my Axis powers parlay Japan plus two against Brazil, Germany minus four against France, and then I'm going to lump Spain in uh plus nine against Canada. When Spain was at yeah, back, you would have love you and Frank I would have been boys.
Speaker 1: Plus six hundred. Uh you have Olympic golf.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna take Nelly Corda to win gold plus five hundred. Have your favorite and uh handball this weekend. Then I'm going to take Spain against Germany moneyline plus one twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I actually love watching the handball. Okay, that's fun. I like the team handball. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Well, it's like.
Speaker 6: Half of the Olympics is just like things you played in gym class in high school.
Speaker 1: That didn't really have a name. They just said all sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Uh So, Shane Irving podcast is coming.
Speaker 3: Did one last night, okay, and it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you might have gone off on the opening ceremony.
Speaker 3: No no, I went off on neo cons and the false pretense of spreading democracy throughout the country. Oh and we started a dynasty league for NCAA football. You should mention that, well you just did. Yeah, plug it for yourself though, like, hey, join the dynasty. Why why because it'll help me. What is the dynasty? It's for football, college football games. The nerds play games, and then we bet on it. Okay, yeah, we're going to set lines.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, I'm into that.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Thanks for the plug, Danny that You're welcome, Shaye at Irving wherever you get your podcast, bad Larry anything we need to know.
Speaker 4: Say whenever you're ready to fall off the wagon, the Parker House has been looking for you.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I appreciate.
Speaker 4: I think I'm heading there for night. I think I know I'm heading there. Dan the five on five tournam.
Speaker 3: It's this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I Noel's been trying to drag you down for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Longer than that that these guys know, I know, down at the Jersey Shore and all these guys come back from college and they sit around and tell these boring us stories about how fucking great they were, and I'm like, no, no.
Speaker 4: No, no, Dan's the people in Boston still try and win this. They come down, they come down. There'll be kids I've never seen before. I'm not playing, nobody's playing.
Speaker 5: None of us play anymore in basketball.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's all basketball, run out rebounds. It's just eight teams and it's unbelievable hoop. And then then we go to b A and drink and have a little fun. It's a nice weekend. I don't know how I am. I tell my kids are gonna miss him for a day.
Speaker 1: If Shaye is going to, you know, fall off the wagon, I don't think he's gonna be with you in Seagret, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: No, that would take me way too long to score drugs.
Speaker 1: I mean, can't you fall off the wagon and just have something to drink?
Speaker 3: I mean I could, but I'd be boring. If I'm gonna hit it, Danny, I'm gonna hit a hard Okay, We're gonna get weird. It'll be a whole weekend. No, you're not doing that anymore. No, roommateal schedule emergency session again with the marriage therapist. See that motherfucker. That works every time, every time.
Speaker 1: But anytime, you know, if you guys would like to, don't.
Speaker 4: We don't need to fall off the wagon.
Speaker 1: Bo You know what, Dylan, that sounds like something that you and your girlfriend would go down for road trip down to.
Speaker 5: Seagret, Jersey.
Speaker 1: I mean it's very nice, very nice place, and the Parker House is really nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've I've I've only been to Long Beach Island on the Jersey.
Speaker 3: Shore, of course. You have you fancy motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Yeah that New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so much better than LBI.
Speaker 1: Did you have an O pair growing up as well like Ray?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 5: No? Now, just my mom. Okay, they're too cheap to shut out for the other.
Speaker 3: Funny how that works.
Speaker 1: Uh so, so all right, so Larry is going to be entertaining down there Jersey Shore, uh dying anything you need?
Speaker 5: And now Dan sums it up and watch some handball this week out.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, and we're glad to have you back.
Speaker 3: Shy. All the Chinese athletes are cheaters, they're all doping. Don't believe any of the metal ceremonies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, it's actually interesting watching China play North Korea.
Speaker 3: What are we doing? Did you see the swimmer yesterday beat his own world record and everybody else by a second? Did you'll see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay. Nineteen athletes in the last couple of years from China have tested positive for performance enhancing DRIs.
Speaker 1: Why are we letting them in.
Speaker 3: I agree, Danny, I agree we should shut it down.
Speaker 1: You know why we're letting them in because they're China, because they spend a ton of money on pre Olympics.
Speaker 3: Exactly, totally agree.
Speaker 1: All right, we have solved absolutely nothing. Once again, we were successful. Thanks for joining us on this program. I hope you have a wonderful weekend for bad Larry and his new teeth, Dylan Ray, the producer, Marvin and of course Shay and Irving. We'll talk to you next week on Dan Patrick Takes Again.