Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, we did it. We made it to Wisconsin. We made it to Green Bay, and Wisconsin always has a soft spot in my heart. When we first started this show, when I left the mother Ship, we were on twenty seven radio stations around the country. Seven were in the state of Wisconsin. So the people who showed up early, we had people who got in line at three point thirty in the morning. We got a wonderful crowd here at the bar on Homegrown Way. This is your cue to make a little noise there. Yeah, it's an extremely polite perraud here today, extremely polite Crown. But they haven't had their first beer yet, so it's early. But thank you for joining us here. We got a great guest list and we're at the bar. It's on home Grown Way Thursday and Friday. If you'd like to join us now, once again, first come, first serve. Once we get to capacity, then we have to close the doors. We do have a meet and greet coming up later on tonight here. If you happen to be in the area and you'd like to join us, there's no cover charge. Come and hang with us from four to six, a meet and greet thanks to Middle Light. It's drafts at the draft, all right, the gang's all here, ready to go Pauly's here's Seaton, the King of comedy, Fritzy and Marvin. Last night we were at an event for Doug Gottlieb, a fundraiser for his basketball team, Wisconsin Green Bay, and there was a woman there who said, you know, she wait, I can't tell the story. It's over there, okay. So all of a sudden I walk in and she is staring at Seaton and she goes, you're my favorite. Kept whispering and she thought that seatan was Fritzy.
Speaker 3: Oh my godess you Hey, you're my favorite.
Speaker 2: And Seaton goes, do I break the news tour? I said, well, it's a better story if she thinks you're Fritzy. I mean, I wouldn't feel good if somebody thought I was Fritzy. Yeah, no, it's not. But then eventually Fritzy was sitting down and she goes, I'm so sorry, and I go why and she goes, oh, your voice you're making me cry. It's going to go away in three years. I got my voices. She goes, no, you're going away in three years. Can I sit on Fritzy's lap? And you were sitting there? I know, I know, I said, yeah, go sit on his lap, and you know what, you didn't object. It was like a woman you don't know walks over and sits on your lap, and you make it seem like that's just a normal day. It was initially.
Speaker 4: Flattered, but she was significantly intoxicated, so I don't know what she.
Speaker 2: Was looking at her blurry eyes and condition. Would she sit on your lap? She had to be drunk to sit on your lap.
Speaker 4: She was very loud and boisterous during the whole events, yelling things and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? But it was a nice fundraiser for Doug Gottlie. People Join is coming up a little bit later on the Packers head coach Matt Lafleur stopspy Frank Caliendo. We got a chance to spend time with Frank last night. He's a genius. He is so much fun. He'll join us. And Marcus Spears of the Mothership, who I think was taken the pick before Aaron Rodgers was drafted. Does that sound right, Pauline?
Speaker 5: That would be the five draft Rogers went to Green Bay. Of course with number twenty four, I got Marcus Spears going twenty to Dallas, so four picks before.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, so the big swag OUs he's known will join us coming up. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. They did a great job. They provided us with some trading cards here. If you're watching on Peacock and if you're not, download the app. But that's our streaming partner. And First Hour brought to you by the great folks at Miller Lake for fifty years. The number one pick, the top pick for beer lovers since nineteen seventy five, the original light Beer Play the Day, stat of the Day, Pole question, all of that forthcoming. Operator Tyler sitting by eight seven seven three DP show a couple of things here watching last night, Marvin and I were out having a beverage and we were watching the Lakers game. Although you know there was a moment there where JJ Reddick went off on the Lakers. I'm thinking the Lakers are playing pretty well against Minnesota, ended up winning, and this is JJ Reddick talking about his outburst during a timeout, not frustration, just coaching.
Speaker 6: I think when we were organized in the right spots, we did that. We ran some good stuff and frankly, I thought we missed some open threes, ar got some great looks. So I mean, other than you know, just a couple disorganized plays. You know, we played good offense tonight. He as a coach, you can see it coming when the other side of that is on the horizon, and it was building, and just wanted to make sure everybody was on the same page.
Speaker 2: There were quite a few f bombs dropped during the time out, just a few, just a couple. That's weird though You're watching JJ redick up and f bombs to Lebron and Luca and you know, but he was just saying, I don't care who you are. Let's not lose focus here and let Minnesota get back in this. But Lakers and Minnesota tied at a game apiece, Pacers up two to OHO in the Bucks Thunder two to ozho on the Grizzlies. At least Memphis didn't lose by fifty this time around, So congratulations Memphis. Some nice consolation prizes there, Magic Celtics, Heat, Calves, Warriors, and the Rockets but the big news, obviously being in Green Bay is the draft. And here we are on the eve of the first round of the draft, and you're trying to get some kind of information. I saw Daniel Jeremiah, who will be working the draft for NFL Network last night, and he reiterated what he said on Pardon might take that with certainty, the Browns are going to draft Travis Hunter. He will major in offense and minor in defense, which seems to be the opposite of what a lot of scouts have told me. They would want him to be every down defense and that he would be put in with certain packages on offense.
Speaker 5: Yes, PAULI, Yeah, I saw a little bit of that on NFL Network yesterday as well, and they said that on defense, there's opportunity to rest Travis Hunter. Like let's say it's a third and one and a fourth and one where he's not needed to make a tackle. He could sit for a player too, So maybe it maybe forty plays on defense, seventy on offense.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at the NFL Draft props over under quarterbacks taken in the first round minus one twenty for two and a half quarterbacks. I keep thinking Jackson Dart's going in the first round and Shadoor Sanders cam Ward's going number one overall. Now, there was talk this morning and last night that the Giants did try to make an effort to go up to number one, which tells me they're not sold on Shudor Sanders. They did this private workout. But if you're going up reportedly going up to try to get the number one pick to take cam Ward, doesn't sound like you're all in on Shudor Sanders, because if you were, you'd be like, we're comfortable where we are at number three. But if you have cam Ward, it's true. I have a hunter. Now the Giants seem to be open for business. Are you going to take Abdul Carter? I still think Ashton Genty is the wild card here. I think if somebody moves up, that might be the guy that they would move up for. And I don't know. Once again, you're trying to sift through smoking mirrors at this time at the draft. Nobody's really going to tell you unless you have somebody who says, hey, I'll tell you, but don't tell anybody, which you can never do in this business because that means, hey, I'm not supposed to tell you, but or don't tell anybody. I'm telling you this. That's how you know, word gets around.
Speaker 3: Yes see right, if there's one thing that this business cannot resist, it's I know a little more than you Slash I called it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I you know, it's a weird draft because I don't know you're looking for buzz. We've tried to create buzz. And that's Sherdor Sanders. That's it. Because other than that, Ashton Genty, is he going to go in the top five? Does somebody fall? It's you know, Mike Tannenbad, the former GM of the Jets. He goes, hey, it's a draft full of defensive linemen. Wow, okay, this is I mean, while that's true, Yeah, while it's true, it's not like you go coming up, you know which defensive lineman you know? Will whoever take? It's not sexy. I was watching The Mothership yesterday and they were talking about the Cowboys and the players the Cowboys would be interested in. So they're all skill position players. It's running back, a wide receiver, tight end. And then Mike Tannemom goes, well that could happen. But there a lot of defensive linemen in this draft. Well, nobody wants to hear that. It's like, hey, are you going to go as scripted here?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: And by the way, Jerry Jones is hinted that maybe being all in means that they're going to make some traits. Now he is hinted at that. Whether that's I don't even know why you would hint at it. Yeah, surprise everybody, but Jerry can't resist. But they might be a team that And I really think the Cowboys would be in the market for Ashton Genty. He won't be there when they're what's their draft pick twelve twelve, Okay, probably won't be there, but can you jump up maybe to five or six and try to get him? You know, Jerry loves shiny objects, and Ashton Genty is a really good player. If you're all in on the so called new NFL that, hey, we value running backs now for a change.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine if this draft someone trades up for a running back or maybe with Omaryon Hampton from UNC two running backs. You mentioned that five draft, the first pick was Alex Smith. Three of the next four picks of the first round were running backs. Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson and Cadillac Williams all taken the top five. That's that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Noh, dang. Let me see.
Speaker 5: By the way, old draft Talk is just the best in the.
Speaker 2: Shador Sanders to be drafted by the Steelers plus one point eighty the odd for him to be the second quarterback, minus two to fifty Jackson Dart second quarterback drafted, plus two hundred Ashton Genty to be a top five pick. This, according to DraftKings, is minus one sixty. So you're saying there's a chance, but Cam wore the overwhelming favorite to be the number one pick in the draft seat and you're doing the poll questions, what do you have for the first hour of the program. Well, we might as well start right there. Paul just sent this one over.
Speaker 3: If you were betting Shador Sanders will be drafted top five or second round.
Speaker 2: Oh, those are the only two options?
Speaker 8: Are the only two options? Top five, second round?
Speaker 2: Scalding second round?
Speaker 8: We said top ten or second round, No.
Speaker 2: Because I'd probably go top ten, you would, yeah, probably, but I yeah, I got to get Yeah, it's better top five or second round. That's pretty good. What else? What else, do you have.
Speaker 3: Another one here from Paul, which would be toughest being a Bears fanlyving in Green Bay, a Jets fan living in Boston, or a Commander's fan living in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Okay, run the options. So a Bears fan here in Green Bay. By the way, I did meet a guy yesterday. I took a walk and I went in to order my Starbucks. And I've walked back to the hotel where we're staying and a guy in a white jeep pulled up, rolled down his window. Hey are you Dan Patrick, he said, sometimes, and he goes, I heard you ordering your Starbucks, and so he was following me. So I'm in a fine yeah. So his name was Whitey, and he had a white jeep and he is a Lions fan here in Green Bay. And so we had a long conversation about that that, you know, a displaced Lions fan. But Whitey, who was stalking me, maybe kind of creepy, but very nice man. With the first handshake. I will see this. Green Bay leads the league in firm handshakes. Oh yeah, even the women women. Yes, firm handshake, Yeah, firm, very firm.
Speaker 8: Everybody's classic.
Speaker 2: That's what we're known for firm handshaker billboard and and everybody says a load to you. You don't have to wait, you know, because we're in New York, and you know, usually people don't see they don't say anything to you, but here they're like, how are you doing. I'll be like, great, great, as long as you're not whitey in a jeep and you're kind of you know, stalking me. Huh, yeah, I heard the voice, Yes, Tod.
Speaker 4: It's weird when someone said, what do you think of green bas up on, you're just gonna go. I am just at the air for.
Speaker 2: And nobody has seen less of Green Bay than you. You've been in your hotel room the entire.
Speaker 4: A lot of hours, still trying to find that Chinese fruit spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well we'll see if we can come up with a Chinese food restaurant for you. All right, So we'll settle on that pole question. Ah yeah.
Speaker 3: So the options were Bears fan living in Green Bay, being a Jets fan living in Boston. That's not ideal, that's not idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think they look at like, who cares about a Jets fan in Boston? They're not any good. So you're like, no, it's it's like.
Speaker 3: It might actually be a Dolphins fan living in New York.
Speaker 2: How about a Patriot fan in Buffalo.
Speaker 8: Well, the other option here is Commander's fan in Dallas. That's not great.
Speaker 2: That's I would say an Eagles fan in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we took Philadelphia off the board because that is the runaway winner. Being a fan of any team living in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Is literally the worst place to be. That would be rough.
Speaker 8: Yeah that's just Philly.
Speaker 2: Love Philly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, not it anything West Coast.
Speaker 2: We're a little.
Speaker 8: You know, Midwest Giants fan living in LA.
Speaker 3: Like Seahawks fan living in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. Do they hate each other on the West Coast. I don't know. They kind of chill, yeah, like we're okay. Yeah. More is Giants Dodgers the most inten in the West Coast. Yeah that's bad. Oh yeah, you're right that one. But we're talking football wise, but yeah, that one, that one's bad. Oh, don't wear Cardinals jersey in San Francisco really no, no, of course, nobody nobody cares about the car. Like there's certain fan bases where you go, oh, you know, it's like tapping the little kid. Oh they got cute. You got your little jersey guys. Yeah, look at choosing little Fitzgerald. Uh, let's take a break, big swag. Ou is going to join us here and we'll get the phone calls coming up. Eight seven seven three DP Show operator sitting by. We're back after this and the Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live draft.
Speaker 1: Coverage YEP, with the birthpick the biggest names that know about every player and every team.
Speaker 2: You've got it right here, God.
Speaker 1: Listen ass Fox NFL insider Jay Glazer, former New York Jets general manager Joe Douglas, College Football Hall of Famer and former number two overall pick LaVar erringtech at Fox Sports lead college football reporter Jenny tap Deliver though pick Fine Pick coverage. Fox Draft Night Live lives right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Standard Today is always brought you by Panini America. The official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show Thunderbeak the Grizzlies one eighteen to ninety nine last night up to oh So the scoring differential between the Thunder and Grizzly it's two forty nine to one seventy nine, second largest point differential through the first two games of a playoff series in NBA history. Congratulations, But Memphis, at least they made it a little more interesting. Now I started to watch. They missed their first ten shots, so the worst start in a playoff game in franchise history. But they get bounced there. Lakers even their series and the Pacers. Pacers are a good team. I know this is a Bucks team that's a little wounded, but the Pacers are a good team, and they go up too low. And I do wonder about this with Giannis. If he looks at the future and he sees that future is not in Milwaukee, is he going to stay there? Does he want to stay there? The Celtics are still a i mean, verge of the dynasty here, and Cleveland's a young team as well. So just look at the East and you know the pecking order the Bucks, and then you wonder are they going to make changes with Doc Rivers. We don't know what's happening with Dame and his future there as well. But and they got Kyle Kuzma. They traded Chris Middleton.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paulin, you know how I have a disdain for the actor Bill Pullman. I think he's kind of an empty.
Speaker 2: It's well well documented.
Speaker 5: Kyle Kuzma is the Bill Pullman of the NBA for Wow. Yeah, I think he is an unthreatening, non threatening whatever word you want to say, non threatening NBA player.
Speaker 2: He had twelve points last Oh yeah, yeah, yes, you mean NBA champion Kyle Kuzma. Did he win one in the bubble? But it was the bubble doesn't count? Why is it? It counts for every other player but Lebron when he won in the bubble. Yeah, but he wanted Michael never needed to be in a bubble. Yeah, Michael never would have.
Speaker 8: COVID couldn't be sure COVID didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, I read that. Yeah. By the way, if you're watching on Peacock, we have the rematch here with pickleball, and uh, Fritzie is being a gamer because uh the first match. Who did Fritzie won the first match? Right, Pauli and Fritzy And so it's uh, I don't know how long it's gonna go. It could be three sets to win the rematch. But Marvin is finally playing left handed. He figured out that you can play with your dominant hand, which was still weird every day. Yeah, and Seaton, but Fritzy has planner of fasci eyo. Yeah, Todd gets locked in.
Speaker 3: There's something about like when you're playing any kind of sports against whether it was pickleball, whether it's whiffleball or whatever, Todd locks in and he is an unbelievable competitor, and it's off putting.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like, WHOA, what the hell's going on here? How am I getting my ass kicked?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: I was like that that Poulie was the competitive what he likes to make sure he knocked me out.
Speaker 2: Of the way.
Speaker 4: But I got Yeah, I started making this angry face that I get all sweaty, and I looked next thing, and everybody's like, what easy?
Speaker 2: Just because it's game. By the way, your nipples get hard, I get excited. Well, I enjoy playing sports. I'm just saying, okay, I think the women at the pickleball place were a little unnerved. The owners that, uh, but you you had your game faces. You had get your game body. It's there. What a guy has to say? Eyes up here? What are you looking at? You're the only one I know wearing peasties when you're out there. He is Marcus Spears. He is the ESPN analyst, former defensive end, first round pick twentieth overall by the Cowboys, and of course a national champion at LSU. He's part of the draft. You can catch Marcus with Dan Orlovsky. Meta comes Ryan Clark Lower Rutledge today for Eastern Extended editions on Thursday and Friday. Please welcome front of the show. Marcus Spears. I go trub Marcus. Yeah, right there, Marcus looks like he's in in game. Shit, do you think you're give me a couple of downs? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 9: My wife a couple of weeks ago was like, I'm tired of you being fat.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you made a living being that way.
Speaker 9: You can make a change then, yeah, yeah, but I don't have to make that living anymore. So, you know, it's a it's a heavy burden to try to get weight off.
Speaker 2: Man. The biggest player you played against was who Larry Allen? Okay, yeah, but he was just a teammate Yeah, that was practice. Yeah, that was double teams in practice. That was Yeah, that's a bad day. Yeah.
Speaker 9: My first game actually was against Willie Rolfe when he was in Kansas City. Now he was one hundred years old, but it did not feel like it.
Speaker 2: It did not feel like it. It felt like he was twenty. So what's different about somebody that size?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I mean, look, my job in my defense was to hold those guys up so our linebackers could make plays. So imagine somebody asking you to hold up four hundred pounds sixty times like we You know, I was in the league when we when they ran the football all game like I wish I played now, probably be a lot healthier and a lot more mentally stable, but ultimately it was it was what I had to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the game made me that way really.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how some because you had to psych yourself out, damn like you know that man like you was covering the with. You had to psych yourself out to play against like Willie RoAF and take double teams from Flosi Adams and Larry Allen every day in practice, and you know Clint Porters and Washington running it sixty times and Ron Dane hitting you in the face mask every time, like it was you know.
Speaker 2: Look green Bay.
Speaker 9: We here in Green Bay, asked BJ Roger, how it was, Yeah, it was it was different.
Speaker 2: What was the game? What was the day after game day?
Speaker 9: Like lay in the bed, It was just a it was a lay in the bed fast and like it took me a couple of years for for me to believe my strength and condition that coaches about you need to move when you feel horrible. So it was very difficult for me to like put my mind around go and take like jogs and lift some weights the day after the game.
Speaker 2: But as you get older, you realize it worked for you. So were Jerry Jones. I guess he's all in now with maybe what they're gonna do with the you know, with trades here with the draft, we couldn't get five minutes, six minutes, and but well you played, you played with the Cowboys, and that's the That's the only reason why I bring that up is trying to understand the inner workings here of.
Speaker 9: But it's like it's like a it's like when you're in a relationship and the man keep telling the woman I'm gonna get better, right and she realized, like it's we're fifteen years in now, you still trying to do those things that you said you will go get better at.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to wait and see what Jerry man like. But why even keys that you might do that? Why not? Where's the element of surprise? Because Dad Patrick is going to ask me about it, Like listen it is.
Speaker 9: I think the intentions are good, and I say that all the time, right, their intentions are good, and then Jerry gets off on another tangent and he forgets that he has to runner football team.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 9: There's something I grapple with most of the year since I decided to do this job.
Speaker 2: Okay, cam Ward goes number one. Yeah, Daniel Jeremiah said that it's a certainty that Travis Hunter is going to that leaves the Giants in kind of an interesting situation. Yeah, because I like Abdul Carter, but I need to know more about Abdul Carter with his foot. But I wonder if they're open for business of maybe somebody going up and getting ash and gently a little bit higher. And three, why not just throwing it? This is the rebirth of the running back.
Speaker 9: I know but they just you know, first, let me miss I think they'll I think they'll take abdual Carter.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me say that. Let me put that out there.
Speaker 9: Ashton Gent needs to reach out to Saquan and Christian McCaffrey and Derreck Henry and be like, I show appreciate y'all brothers, man like for bringing us back from the dead man. Two years ago, we were having a conversation about running backs not being needed in the NFL, like.
Speaker 2: It's a crazy world when they transitioned like that. But I think you know what happened. You know, defense has got smaller and faster, and everybody wanted to get physical. And I said there would be a market correction because all of a sudden, it's like, you can't stop our running backs because on Wall Street will there be Yeah, I need your help struggling right now.
Speaker 9: No, look, man, I think I think generational pass rushers is what they've like attached to Abdul Carter, right, And he doesn't like the comparisons of Michael Parsons, But unfortunately, when you turn a film on you can tell him apart. And Micah has given a really good sample size of what that type of athleticism, what that type of burse can do in the defense, and him being opposite of Brian Burns and big Dexter Lawrence in the middle, he'll.
Speaker 2: Get a lot of one on ones.
Speaker 9: And last time we saw the John I know, Eli and a great play get a lot of credit, but that d Lion won the Super Bowl for him. So it's hard to pass that up, man, Like, it's hard to pass that up, especially if you think you're gonna get a guy that's gonna be a consistent ten ten to twelve sacks a year. That's hard to pass up and you not sure on because remember the Giants. Now I made him know at all season long, but they took Saquan second and that was an impactful individual position while he was healthy. But that D line is hey, man, I tell people all the time, if you don't start up front, I don't care if you got I don't care who it is.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I looked at the Eagles that you put the combination of offensive defensive line. Yep, start there. Everybody gets caught up in quarterback or wide receiver whatever.
Speaker 9: Because it's boring, Dan, I know it's boring. It's boring to talk about the big uglies.
Speaker 2: Okay, but how does that work on when you guys do NFL Live. Yeah, and let's say you do want to talk about defensive line, because this is a draft that's full of defensive line. That's not sexy. No, it's not sexy. But I don't care, like I mean, yeah, but they have a rundown here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't screw the rundown, right, I got, you know, I got. But honestly, man, like the people that I work with, especially on NFL Live, and not to cast in this person or anybody else, because we get a deeper dive of football, like that show is getting into the weeds and the nuts and bolsa football, Like Mina is a d line in that heart, the smallest person on earth, but she loves talking about the line of scrimmers. Dan only wants to talk about quarterbacks, so he keeps us a happy medium. Man RC played defense, so he gets it. He understands played on one of the best defense is ever in the league. So I think a lot of times and I'll produce. I gotta get Mark Osman a lot of credit, like he understands where I fall when it comes to making sure that we get our good conversation about what's happening upfront. I will not I will fight it to the death to talk about D line and offensive line play more than more D line play though.
Speaker 2: He's Marcus Spears. You were twentieth overall picks, so you went before Aaron Rodgers. Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, unfortunately, Yeah, Well why because, I mean, Dallas was stupid not to take him.
Speaker 2: Were they going to take No, No, there was no There was no thought of taking you.
Speaker 9: No, they didn't need a they didn't. They didn't at that time. They didn't feel like they needed a quarterback. And Romo turned out to be pretty good for some years. But you know, it's hindsight twenty twenty, right, Like, if I was drafting again, I would take Aaron Rodgers before me.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, basically, what would you do with Romo? He probably would never see the field, go somewhere else to play. You know, I thought Romo was a very underrated quarterback. He was like, if he doesn't get hurt, yeah.
Speaker 9: He'll play five seven more years and have a chance at the Hall.
Speaker 2: He might be a borderline yeah, borderline yeah. Yeah. Unfortunately got hurt. Fortunately he got signed by CBS cool, But.
Speaker 9: You know what the law. The law works, buddy. Let me tell you something. If I had hurt my back to get that, I would have did it. I would have done it too, straight up, you'd take an injury. Yeah, absolutely, But do you believe anything.
Speaker 2: You hear this week the draft in the next.
Speaker 9: Twenty four outside of the first guy, No, Like we kind of pretty much. That assimilates a couple of weeks leading into it, and you start to realize, like, Okay, this is for sure. So I think the only shock would be if Cam Woard didn't go first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the Giants wanted to go up and get him. Yeah, yeah, which leads me to believe they're not gonna I think they'll sit at three and wait for the best player. If Shodoor Sanders was Shadoor.
Speaker 9: Thomas, uh, maybe it'll be different. Listen, here's here's my take on Shador Right. It's it falls in a little bit of line with C. J.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 9: Right, we're talking about athleticism and he doesn't have that eyepop and stuff that you see now in the league where players are the.
Speaker 2: Josh Allens of the world.
Speaker 9: George Love here, lamar guys that can get out, create and do phenomenal things.
Speaker 2: He plays the position at a high level.
Speaker 9: Though, Like and I get it that it is Colorado and he went to Jackson State. You gotta figure out what the competition was like. But watching him play the position, you see a lot of traits that translate. Now, is it third overall translation, I don't think so. Like I didn't. I didn't. I didn't think that that was that high. I didn't think Daniel Jones should have went six. But people, you know, you either fall in love with these guys or you don't. But I think Chador could be one of those guys that ends up going late, goes to a really good situation where he can develop and become a really good starter in the league. Now, Dan, ninety eight percent of them fail. Like this is my thing about the draft. We all get here, like all these dudes gonna turn into Hall of Famous, like four of them do every year, no matter what position, Like four of them really turn out to be franchised changers. Right, Most of these guys in the first round they end up being really good starters, or they start and they play well and they are important pieces to these organizations. But the conversation around the draft is if he gonna is he gonna be the face of the franchise, Is he.
Speaker 2: Gonna change the team trajectory? The answer most of the time is hell no.
Speaker 9: Right, But when you're drafting a quarterback, you're putting a lot of stock into this guy becoming what you hopefully think he can become based on your projections. I don't think Shador lacks any of those things that you think you can turn him into a really good starter. Now, it matters with coaching, It matters with situation. It matters like even here right Green Bay. I remember how y'all were acting when George Love got drafted. I'm not gonna look I see the crowd over there. I'm not gonna look at the US, right. But I was one of the ones that said, like, at what point do you start the contingency plan? Like do we wait till these guys literally die to get a new quarterback? No, you get a guy, you bring him in the system, you let him sit, you let him groom. He was behind a guy that won two MVPs while he was here and air, so it was perfect. Now you walk into the Green Bay Stadium, it's number ten jerseys everywhere, right, so I think there you should have a plan. Pittsburgh is still waffling because they didn't have a plan.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: So if you gonna take these guys as late in the draft, or even if you're New York and you just signed Russ and James, right and you decide at some eleventh hour that Shador is gonna be the guy, well he still can sit and learn.
Speaker 2: Like, we're not.
Speaker 9: Paying these guys fifty million dollars before they show up to the facility anymore. You could, you could handle the financial part of it.
Speaker 2: So I don't, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't see anything about Chador's game that tells me he can't turn into a really good start in the league. I mean, think about it. Darreon Olowski played thirteen years.
Speaker 2: No, he was on a team for thirteen years. He was on a team for thirteen years. What is that? I mean? So so a lot of teams thought he was serviceable as a backup I don't care, or a backup to the backup. That was just a shot that day. Yeah, he takes enough shots he do. It doesn't stop. It's gonna be fair. But you know the only reason why bring up. You know when you talk about Shudor is in today's NFL. As Steve Young says every time he's on the show, there is so much real estate out there for you to go get. The defenses are giving this to you. And if you don't have somebody who can go get that, you got to find somebody who can go He can go get five to seven though, like bro think about it, so he's where do the athleticism got all of it? I know, you know, the Lord was like I gave you all of them, your kids to hand.
Speaker 9: But but you generations like my dad is only five to ten.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, suns for him.
Speaker 9: But again, man, like you look at you, look at you, look at these we always have to be care first of all, Steve Young is Steve Young. So Steve was and people forget like Steve Young was the first like dual threat killer right in Randall Conaham.
Speaker 2: These guys have been around for a long time.
Speaker 9: Like we we we it's so public now because we got meet everywhere that we think that Lamar and Josh and all of these guys are first. Dude, the amount of athletes that play quarterback were and you gotta think in the generation of most of those quarterbacks that before this group of guys, now they were all two three sport athletes.
Speaker 2: That was the thing to do when we were growing up.
Speaker 9: You played basketball, you played, you ran track, you played, so they weren't just quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: But I look at it. Can you go get me.
Speaker 9: Five yards on the third and four and we dropped back, can you get me eight to ten? I think chaduer can do that. He's not gonna break a home run. But how many of them really can? I mean, there's a few of us, but man, we talking about like six plays.
Speaker 2: It's thirty two teams. Okay, but those are the elite quarterbacks. Those are the teams in the playoffs. Those are the teams winning super.
Speaker 9: I mean we would, we would all get them if they were all out there. It's supplied to man, like I just I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I can't subscribe. That's I only hold up with Yeah.
Speaker 9: But we But but how then, literally what you just said, right, thirty two of them, it's like seven of those guys you're not gonna find.
Speaker 2: I don't think cam Ward is a standout athlete. He's pretty good, he is, He's always pretty good. But if you're gonna compare me yelling at each other, I don't know you. You just made me mad. But if you if you gonna.
Speaker 9: Compare him to Josh, you gonna compare him to.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, getting five yards is Steve mean? I saw Jared Golf get eighteen yards? I saw I saw who else? I'm thinking about old old man in La right now.
Speaker 9: That's Matt took off a couple of times, like we don't have to we don't have to like think that these guys gotta be four four us and and you know we've been for years trying to get Josh Allen not to run through people face mad so we could watch him play for the next fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Right, So yeah, Dan stop? Okay, all right, all right? Was this It's just not enough of them? Why don't you take this enthusiasm too?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: NFL Live today, I will all right, that's a tease. Yeah, he's a Marcus Spears and uh he'll be with Dan Orlovsky's good buddy Mina Chimes, Ryan Clark, Laura Rutledge today at for Eastern and extended editions Thursday and Friday, beginning at three Eastern. Love you man, always great to see you. I love you brother, Thank you. We'll take a break. Play of the day's up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine a m. Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: WAP Oh my God.
Speaker 2: The play of the day. This is the play of the day. Check this out two.
Speaker 10: That was in the Edwards says well, good espicipation there by.
Speaker 2: Lebron courtesy of Spectrum Sportsnet. Lebron goes for twenty one and eleven one and forty second playoff double double ties in with Shack for third most since the merger. Tim Duncan is your old time leader at one sixty four and then Magic Johnson. That's your play of the day, brought to you by the hottest rookiees' biggest superstars, the old time greats. The only place to collect them all Panini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. You got rare cards, autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts. Starter continued collection now at Paniniamerica dot net. Kevin in Austin joins us. Good morning, Kevin, What's on your mind today. Peep love having big swag ulaw man. What a treat he is hilarious.
Speaker 7: I've got two.
Speaker 2: Things for you.
Speaker 7: One, I want to weighut on the poll question, and then two I have an item investigation proposal. Okay, So one on the pole question, you roughed out the one seed being a Cowboys fan anywhere in the world. It is horrible.
Speaker 2: We suck.
Speaker 7: I'm in Texas and it still sucks. But more importantly, I was watching during the break of the pickleball match and I'm no pickleball nerd. But Fritzi was dominating from inside the kitchen, breaking the rules, which would lead to having an asterisk next to that wind just like his astros. I'd like to see if we could get the item on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, see.
Speaker 3: So far on social media there has been a massive outcry about Todd cheating and playing from inside the kitchen when he's not supposed to. Almost immediately people were like, the reason you guys are getting smoked like that is because Todd's cheating.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys did counteract Todd getting in the kitchen a little too much, but they aren't prepared for that.
Speaker 3: You were clearly with the athleticism that Todd displayed.
Speaker 2: We were not prepared. Weren't prepared for somebody cheating in pickleball. Correct.
Speaker 3: No, we thought we were going to come in and uh, well, one, get a fair game, but two.
Speaker 2: Yes, there was a guy there kind of oversaw facility. He was. That guy was a buzz killed. He was nice. He was he was a nice buzzy. He was trying to explain.
Speaker 5: He was like the facto official in the match. And he kept saying that's that's illegal, that's illegal, and there that's illegal, with his arms folded. And then I said, are we doing stuff illegal? He goes, there's a lot wrong here. He was very personally upset.
Speaker 2: On both sides. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, that guy came over to me and said, just just let you know there are a lot of the points on the other end were questions.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: I saw the guy go up to Todd after the match and said and said, hey.
Speaker 8: If you want to cheat, this is the best way to do it.
Speaker 2: And then Todd reported to me what he said in the kitchen. Let's see Zach and Knoxville. Hi, Zach, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey DP, thanks for taking my call. I've also got another I team investigation that I've been kind of piecing together.
Speaker 8: I've been connecting the dots.
Speaker 10: You're cleaning out your inventory. You're in Wisconsin now, you're going to Iowa later in the year.
Speaker 1: Stephen A.
Speaker 10: Smith, a couple sundays ago, did not roll out that he might run for president. Can you sit here today and say that you are not going to run for president in three years?
Speaker 2: Yes? I can. I can say that confidently. I don't think steven A. Somebody needs to tell steven A you have to give up one hundred million dollars that ESPN is paying you. Now. You tell me if you want to run for the president. Yeah you do. Yeah, You're gonna have to give up that salary. And but yeah, I can. I can say that. No now vice president. You know, maybe that would be something that seems like a pretty cushy job. Man. What's up with Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan don't need him, can't use them? Those press conference would be pretty interesting with steven A. Just just say, can I God let.
Speaker 5: Me Barbatos don't need Barbados?
Speaker 2: What uh Suez canal Suez? I want to go get it? Greenland my Land. Oh, dear Matt Lafleur, the Packers head coach, will join us, coming up in about ten minutes from now. Glad you have you with us? Where at the bar in Green Bay on home burn Way.